Speaker 1: Blending Vice's signature dynamic storytelling with the high octane world of sports, Vice Sports brings an exciting and diverse range of programming that goes beyond the game. From action pack live events to gripping behind the scenes documentaries, to hard hitting investigative pieces and in depth profiles of athletes, coaches, teams. Vice Sports captures the raw energy, drama, and passion that makes sports truly unforgettable. Catch live events and other exclusive sports programs only on Vice TV. Go to vicetv dot com to find your cable channel.
Speaker 2: The volume.
Speaker 3: Ever sign up for a phone plan thinking Wow, great price, and then a few months later it's like surprise more, your bill is way higher than they said.
Speaker 4: With boost Mobile, you pay twenty five dollars a month forever. Rory, that's unlimited talk, texts and data starting at just twenty five dollars a month, No price hikes, no contract forever for ever.
Speaker 3: Name that movie. Plus. Boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. They've invested billions building five G towers across the entire country.
Speaker 4: Visit boostmobile dot com or head to your local Boosts store today and get unlimited talk, text, and data for twenty five dollars a month forever forever.
Speaker 3: Five G speeds not available in all areas. After thirty GB customers may experience slower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars a month as long as they remain active on the Boost Unlimited Plane.
Speaker 4: All right, Rory, We're back for another episode of Rory mal Don't Know Ball.
Speaker 3: The one I was excited the most about. Yeah, this is a this is one.
Speaker 4: This is one of the guests that we was looking forward to, been wanting to talk on in for a while now.
Speaker 3: Been a big fan of this guy.
Speaker 4: So he's here to day to com and give us more of an insight on ball where we need it.
Speaker 3: We need all of our ballplayer buck this intro. I know we try to talk about sports on this Let's to the motherfucking mess we are you've been doing on the timeline the last forty eight hours. You start, you start in trouble man, usually trying to talk about sports. Nah, what's going on? Man? What's up with this?
Speaker 2: Ryan?
Speaker 3: Ryan Clark RG three thing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Man? You're up there with one of my favorite tweeters of all time.
Speaker 5: Nah, I mean to be honest right, I'm not like a real uh like social media type of savvy dude like that.
Speaker 2: So I'll be noticing, like you'll see players in the media or not in the media, and like it's something going on.
Speaker 5: They can't wait to jump on it to get a reaction for people. The same dudes that like, they'll say something right and then they're looking.
Speaker 2: At the views and the likes every fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: I never was like that. I always is organic. I see someone I don't like, I speak on it. So when I watch these two dudes, I'm like, yo, you got the same guy, you know what I mean. It's like, yeah, one dude is probably a little more cornier than the other one, but that's just say it's the same conversation.
Speaker 3: Like the same Can you give our listeners some backstory of what it is happening on the sun Line? So we said, I want to get right to it.
Speaker 4: So so Ryan Clark, he was being outspoken about the whole uh RG three take on the whole injuries Caitlin Clark situation. At a lot of people have turned it into something, you know, it's like racial and things of that nature. Uh So Ryan Clark had something to say to RG three and uh Lashawn had something to say to both of those gentlemen today, he tweeted. He didn't say no names, but he just kind of alluded to two guys that were having a back and forth.
Speaker 3: And just respect to all parties. But how did RG three and Ryan Clark start beefing about Angeury?
Speaker 5: So so so RG three is the type of dude anytime it's something going on, like, oh, I'm gonna jump on and try to get some views out of it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people like that.
Speaker 4: Bro, Yah, y'all have that's that's that's that's that's that's the nature.
Speaker 3: Now, right.
Speaker 5: So I think a lot of times when dudes don't really have no real like legacy or story to really talk about or who they are, they run to.
Speaker 2: That type of stuff and some of it works. So I'm not mad at it anyway.
Speaker 5: He's making like, Okay, you know the Kaitlyn Clark and injuries. Now, everybody know it's some tension here obviously, right, And in all sports you need a racial component to blow up the sport, like, let's just be honest basketball, the.
Speaker 3: Same way Magic and Bird was kind of that, Yeah, come on, man, I mean Jackie Robinson I think was yeah, But.
Speaker 2: You look at like Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 5: I think she's a phenomenal player and and respectfully, I don't think that her and Auries are on the same level basketball wise, but injuries, he holds her own and she's good in her own, right. I just think that, like it is a race component, and and you look at the w n b A, like, there's bet there was better girls before Caitlyn Clark, and there was better girls before injuries. When you have two league girls in college and they have the race component, it makes everybody watch, you.
Speaker 2: Get what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So he spoke on that, and he made it by all this other stuff, and algually three gets crazy with it, like he always brings his white wife and all this extra.
Speaker 2: It's uncomfortable a little bit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And then Ryan, And the one thing that Ryan did do that I did respect is you know, he has a voice in the platform, so he likes to, you know, speak up for the black women, which a lot of people don't. So I respect that part right the wrong. I respect that we're gonna protect our women right because they want to make injuries like this angry black girl and all that. You know what that girl been through from Baltimore, so I respect it is like.
Speaker 3: She's not even angry, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. That's that's the news they want to pay all.
Speaker 5: I think with the Ryan's like, yo, you bringing the dude's wife up in it, like what we're talking about, because because somebody else if you mentioned ain't wife, You're not gonna do that with them. Argier three is the kind of a kind of what he is, so you can really play that game with him. And also like like he always trying to look for a way to have attention. I remember way back in the day we had the NBA NFL lockout right, I mean, so we we ain't playing those sports until we get an agreement with the owners and the players.
Speaker 2: He gets a vited of him going to the Stellers facility and the doors is locked, Like what type of key?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: I just don't like this, so corder to me. I can't even really everybody's different.
Speaker 4: I can't really, you know, but I mean I understand, uh, you know, the well, I don't understand the the ajuries Kaitlyn Clark thing. I think that obviously to two women that came in together coming from college, they obviously elevated the sport as far as you know, the national attention when they were in college. Uh, Kaitlyn Clark phenomenal player, Angel Rees and Lsu did U was amazing, and now they kind of parlayed that over into the pro level.
Speaker 3: But you know, I don't think the last the last thing that.
Speaker 4: Happened between them, when Angel got a technical foul or Kaitlyn got a technical whatever it was, Kaitlyn Clark didn't even foul her that hard, Like she just she swiped down at the ball.
Speaker 3: They're trying to say she pushed it. She didn't push it. She swiped down. Now injuries pushed her teammate first, and Kaylyn Clark was telling Reugh like, Yo, you don't see that.
Speaker 4: And then the Angel would have had a wide open layup and Kaitlyn Clark just filed to swipe down at the ball and found it. Now it's turned into something like, you know.
Speaker 3: It's a regular felt it was a regular, but also's response was a regular professional athlete lie as well, like everything was regular.
Speaker 5: My thing is like as an athlete, right, I can't tell y'all can't tell me. I can't tell her how you should feel somebody foul you certain way.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: The thing is, now, you know, I don't even rock with you like that. You don't you don't put you, you know what I'm saying. And it's like.
Speaker 5: Something like we got to look at women like they are. They are athletes too, So there's the NBA. It won't be no, it won't be no issue, you know what I mean. So, and she felt like she hit her or found her a certain way. I can't tell her she's wrong for that, you know what I mean? Like, I don't know, I can't say that.
Speaker 3: So you think the white wife was the one behind all of this? I asked the question. Maul didn't, Uh, I just don't.
Speaker 5: Dudes just laughing, just looking at him like they both trying to fight, pretender. So it's like they're the saying, God, this one dude's a little bit more extra, you know what I'm saying. I mean, I probably want to hit it like that want brought his white wife into it like that was a little too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a little. But I think what Ryan was was trying to say is like, you know what he said it. He was like, you don't understand black women because you're married to a white woman.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 5: I think he said, yeah, I disagree with that because Yo, you had a white baby mama.
Speaker 2: Like what, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Three hard to get this.
Speaker 5: Another thing is these dudes don't really really come from culture, so like you're trying to get it so much that you just say anything.
Speaker 2: We're like, Yo, you got a white baby mom. It's the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean I just think that it's just all for clicks and you know you yeah, yeah, A lot a lot of that is definitely it's it's performative stuff just to get people riled up.
Speaker 3: But but I mean that happens to all of us in this space. We end up coming off hypocritical of times, because when we have that focus of like, let's try to get clicks or whatever, we contradict a bunch of shit that was already recorded. And everyone knows about us because Ryan Clark was Andrew Schultz the one that talked to Ryan Clark about the Hey, you've had women beater on your show a bunch of times. Why are you even getting in the mix on this like this happens. This is not natural or normal that we have to think of every thought every day to record and put out because we're gonna be caught in some type of hypocritical bullshit because we speak every fucking day. So I mean, I get it, but.
Speaker 2: I think if you but have you been organic and just honest to who you is? Yeah, I don't think we have that problem. And everything's one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: But like, yo, if I believe everything I'll say, and I'm doing everything from a genuine place, I don't think you can never be wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm speaking in general forgetting that the race of your baby mother is a little crazy. But I'm just speaking to job. How the fuck you forget you got a white baby, mam?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's the one thing that drives me crazy when dudes be doing this black pirate. I'm from our people, the culture, but then the whole time only they white girls.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, yeah, and it's not wrong with that, but just don't be don't do all that. Just be normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just just fall back when it comes to that type of conversation, just fading into the background a little bit.
Speaker 5: You run around you like you Malcolm Mexic and all that, But then the whole time he's trying.
Speaker 2: To like cold on.
Speaker 3: Thank God, I don't touch white one. With that said, moving on to the next, I'm sorry, it's been a long day. Where are you at with this Joey badass daylight? Ray Vaughan? Have you been paying attention to battle at all?
Speaker 2: No? I like Joy badass, so I think he's talented.
Speaker 5: I don't get the whole Kendrick joint that was, like, I ain't really get all that, Like he's trying to come at Kendrick.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: Like why, Yeah, I mean yeah, he's shooting at what would be deemed the biggest rapper right now, especially after twenty twenty four, Like you're not supposed to shoo at the best rapper. He's got to deal with the entire West Coast on his way there. But I think he's proved that Kendrick may need to come outside. He just ran through all his homies, Paul.
Speaker 2: Do you think i' let's get this straight. So a rapper don't have no real resident.
Speaker 5: And I like Joey though, so hear me out dope act in these Adope lyricis I like Rap? You know noways everything's mumbling and all catch you. I like Rap, So I like him. But like I'm just thinking, like if I'm Kendrick, what like there's something to gain from going against Jake Cole, going against Drake. The people look at them as my peers, like we were on the same level.
Speaker 2: Let me show y'all, well, like you gotta really earn that, right.
Speaker 5: It's just like, I don't know who you think the best NFL players, but like Patrickholmes at about the answer to every dude that could bring you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: But how this whole thing played out? Like where Kendrick after the Drake battle, it was all West Coast, West Coast looking we did, we had the greatest year ever. We're all unified. It's West Coast. Joey said one bar about the West Coast, and all of every last rapper in LA started replying to Joey and it became this West Coast unity shit and he ran through everybody. So Kendricks needs to defend his coast.
Speaker 2: No, he don't. Bro It's just like it's just like, Yo, how do I this hurt me out.
Speaker 5: How do I go from destroying Drake Drake we're talking about in the rap battle.
Speaker 2: Now you want me to go give you it?
Speaker 5: Just don't even you know what I mean. Now I'm gonna go get Joey. I just we could disagree.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I feel like if you smoked all my friends, I got to step in as the big homie and be like, all right, fine, I talk. But I think we're that right because he ran through everybody.
Speaker 4: Now, but LaShaun is saying is still though it's a certain who did he run through? There's certain tiers.
Speaker 3: There's like like if you were seen people from coast.
Speaker 4: If I'm on the first tier and you run through all of the guys on the third and fourth tiers, you can't start yelling my name, like.
Speaker 3: After you have the fucking Super Bowl parade party, everything of winning the entire twenty twenty four year, the West Coast is the greatest ship of all time, and one rapper runs through everybody that even said a name or word about him. Yeah, that that warrants some type of reverence to me.
Speaker 5: If you did a poll, right, I get two things that I'm done with it. If you did a poll I'm like, Yo, if you just ask, like, do people know Joey bads as a as like a rapper rapper or like the cat that's on Canaan. Most people you know what I'm saying. So it's like if Kendrick I'm going, I'm everywhere, you can't like I'm everywhere, Bro, they don't even don't. It don't make sense. There's more to lose and game. And the second thing is I think like all the best rap battles, like like Hole was going at nas and giving real bars and songs.
Speaker 2: He gonna get Prodigy a bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like this thing about what I'm saying, like you ain't about to do all that.
Speaker 3: To do that, Yeah, but that's backward to that point. I feel like Hole, even if it was subliminally reply to literally everybody he was replying to P D. Crack, he was proud to.
Speaker 4: He's gonna respond, but it ain't gonna be like, it's not gonna be a song. It's not gonna be a song tailored specifically Joey, but it's gonna be some bars in there where he's gonna address. Yeah, I heard you calling my name, fam Like you know like he's not gonna dedicate a whole moment to Joey Badass, So he's not gonna.
Speaker 2: Do that, and mean like y'all you're doing your thing. You gotta gotta ya, ya got a good thing going on, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: And mass like a smaller pockast trying to call it. Let's like I ain't about to even think about it, like I'm gonna waste my time.
Speaker 2: The dress underneath us just don't even really add up.
Speaker 3: Some days you want to be petty though.
Speaker 4: Some days you want to be petty and address everybody though some days, but that's bad for business.
Speaker 3: You can't do that. You can't do that though that's bad. It's better for the community. Sometimes you have to humble people and let him know, like I see you get a little too big for your bridge, Like let me just put things in perspective for you. Yeah, and just give him half a bar. And then if he gave.
Speaker 2: Joey what he want right and he answered bad. Now every little or every guy is trying to get up there. What's gonna do that, you know what I'm saying. Every guy got my name.
Speaker 3: And yeah, no, you can't do that. But I think in the beginning when Joey was trying to do it, I was on the same side as you. I just think he's proven himself this week that's warranted a different type of notice, a little bit more of attention instead of any guy just saying Kendrick.
Speaker 2: Namegest in your mind right now? Who like today? Who the biggest artists?
Speaker 3: I still think the big three, Cole, Kendrick, and Drake are still the three biggest rap artists.
Speaker 5: Oh, we had a whole beef in the rat one one of the best I like j Cole.
Speaker 2: He tapped out. He said, this is not from me. I'm tapping Then the other one that's even the biggest one I took down. Would you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny. We had this conversation a few weeks ago when I asked Mare, I said to Kendrick put himself in a position that he never has to reply to anybody for the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: What it is?
Speaker 3: I think, But who else? There's never There's no superstars on the horizon, So I think this current moment is the only thing Kendrick would have to reply to. Nobody behind us right now that we can see as of this moment is a rap superstar. I feel like that's kind of dead and going right now.
Speaker 5: I mean, but more if he earns my respect, because it's some dude that I got respect, you know that you probably would answer to you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it would have to be a legend. And I don't think they're doing that either. Not a legends ain't coming outside. Yeah, they raising their kids and podcasting. Let's talk about let's talk about your transition. Obviously you've done you know, major things on the field. H. Two time super Bowl champion, All PROH. The list goes on, when did you know or when did you start thinking about your transition into TV?
Speaker 2: So when I came in the league, I was so like.
Speaker 5: I had like a chip on my shoulder, right, I feel like I wasn't drafted. I was putting drafted that, you know what I mean. So I always like driving to be the best, to be the best. So I start doing these different accolades, and I started getting a lot of contracts. So you know, you go for making I don't know, four hundred three, three hundred thousand dollars a week, right, and.
Speaker 2: You and you and you, you know, you you spending.
Speaker 5: You see how it's moving. And then they go from three hundred, four hundred grand to like, okay, one hundred grand. All right, okay, okay, all right. Now now we have eighty thousand a week. Now we had sixty.
Speaker 2: I'm like, whoa. So I started seeing that.
Speaker 5: Whole thing happen, you know, and then I didn't like how Maybe I don't know if it's ego whatever, but my roles was changing, and I'm like, yo, man, you got me playing behind this dude.
Speaker 2: I'm better than him because he's younger than me. I'm bading this dude. And that's not how the league works. The league is a young man's sport.
Speaker 5: Unless you win the championships, they're not really keeping the older dude. So I was like, okay, So I said, well, I got to do something else. So I always thought that I would do good on TV because I like the tallest, easy to.
Speaker 2: Me, you know what I mean. I can relate to a lot of different players, So I knew I would do that.
Speaker 5: And then it kind of got into the real estate game, probably like maybe like year nine. You know, it's buying up small little properties, fixing them up, you know, getting returns on them.
Speaker 2: And I started doing like little apartments, you know what I mean. I see how that was going.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, damn, if I could just go to all the seasons I like to hang out at and start owning apartments, I could hang out and I could be making money. So then I started doing like big developments like ground up, Like so right now, I just finished in my hometown, Harrisburg. It's like our Philadelphia seventeen dollars fifty unit apartments, you know what I mean. So that's like the new thing I'm doing the side. You know, now I don't have to work with like a million different tenants. It's it's all brand new, so nothing should really be breaking.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. And everything is there. So and I was getting a lot of hasshes from like doing the smaller things. You know, people it's bro that, you know what I mean, they calling you.
Speaker 3: Everybody got playing new, real nice, everybody got a plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's how I got to that market.
Speaker 5: Did After that, I start doing the podcast me and my brother Deshaun Jackson, you know what I mean, and it's start getting bigger and better. So that's how I really transition you know, there's no real like me and you to tell you, yo, when you retire, this is what you do. That's why a lot of guys are because you're making a million off you know, yearly, you know what I mean, and like you're playing a sport that stopperly your job. You love it, right, and then when you're done, there's nobody say, yo, this is what you do?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: So I just had a good supporting cast run and that's kind of got to where I'm at today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's got to be tough. Like the average person probably retires at sixty five, sixty six whatever. Professional athletes, some of y'all be retiring in twenty eight. Like life is short, but life is long as fuck. And now it's like, all right, everything I've known for the last twenty eight years is done. Where do I go from here? And money can drive quick. So I feel for a lot of professional athletes, especially NFL athletes, because y'all retire quicker than MLB NBA because it's more of a tough game. How do you feel that the politics are similar in NFL organizations and the TV world.
Speaker 5: The politics, So there's a lot of times when dudes man Davies. They'll get on TV and they'll change who they are just to make the bosses happy or to you know, continue to get paid because they got a family, you know what I mean. So it's this tricky situation like, Yo, you ain't being rare or I played with you.
Speaker 2: You ain't even act like that. But now I'm not a player, no moore, and I'm trying to remain employed getting my money.
Speaker 5: And I think also in football is like it ain't always the best player that plays, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like there's sometimes when you a coach, he'll keep a job for thirty years, and it's like, how does he not't that smart? He might his dad might a coach. He know that coach he hires you.
Speaker 5: Relationships everybody's buddy buddy, And I think sometimes you be so wrapped up in YO, the best pleasure players should win and play and the best TV person I should play or she should be on TV. It don't always happen like that, and I think the relationships is what really wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you feel about sports debate culture?
Speaker 4: Like you see a lot of these shows that come out it's based around guys debate and it's something that we all do growing up in the barbershop. You know, whose favorite player, whose favorite team. Now that they've been able to kind of cough this lane in the sports television world where it's all debate based, how do you feel about the debate culture on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's kind of dying down a little bit.
Speaker 5: I think the last real debates we had was like Skip and Shannon Sharp, you know what I mean. But I do like you because you know, nowadays, like the culture is now accepted in the corporate world, right, Like we talked about Kencher Lamar, kench Lamarr's on everything you listen, were rapping about they mean just going to college and everybody is white blacks.
Speaker 2: Everybody's being acceptible to it.
Speaker 5: So now when you get into these conversation on TV, sometimes it may come off like it is in the barbershop, but it's authentic. And I think the best thing about TV now is with these different platforms of like podcasts and all that is letting the people really see that, Okay, I don't want the corporate take, give me the real take, you know. And now it's like you're letting players really speak on it. Because back in the day, yo, you know, I chanced to interview Kyrie Irving about this and it was like, I'd rather give my real take and real feelings and thoughts to people that was in my seats, if it was football, bass, whatever it may be, but stuff that we both go understand, compared to going to the old media and letting them tell.
Speaker 2: My story because they didn't really know.
Speaker 5: You get what I'm saying that you gonna tell me what you think how it is and you never even really played, You never was in the locker. You never let a player deliver that message because yo, he might.
Speaker 2: Have a better way of explaining to the viewers, yeah, because he played, et cetera.
Speaker 3: That does that make I feel like the you know, the inception of first take when it was skip and steven A was damn at the height of your career. Did you did you tune in and like, did that ever affect your mental watching that in the morning before going to practice or before going to a game.
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 5: So I always like I was type of dude because my dad was kind of tough on me. So I always liked, you know, hearing the good in the bad. You know what I'm saying some dudes loved to hear all the good I want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Oh oh you think I'm not like that? Okay, back and to give you something to feel the fire with. You know what? Sometimes though, I used to look at like certain people that would argue about me. So I give an example, like if some of ads you see on here, man, they.
Speaker 5: Ate four hundred pounds dog and like, and you telling me how Lebron ain't that good?
Speaker 2: Like that, I'm just looking like, yo, how can you? How can you say that? You know what I mean? So never really me. I remember my first lesson was I remember when I got in the locker room man, and this is we had.
Speaker 5: Brian Westbrook who was phenomenal. I was a rookie, and they was like, yo, like you're letting Westbrook go for LaShaun mccollay.
Speaker 2: Who who's this dude? Like he got a little one of the reporters. I had a little boy body, right, so he don't know where I'm from.
Speaker 5: I said, Yo, when I go in his locker room, I'm gonna take the paper and I'm gonna let him have it, right, so I'm ready. It's like it's a clock. I can't wait to see the term of eight o'clock. The media come a locker room, I go, right, Toy, I've never seen him before. And then when I get to him, he got some thick ass glasses, big gas stomach.
Speaker 2: I said, Fam, I can't get mad at you. You know what I'm saying. He don't know what a real looked like. That was my first lesson.
Speaker 5: It's like I never really let them dudes kind of like dictate who I am. But I think sometimes like little ex players or certain dudes that really study the game, we talk about me like like they give a Skip a hard time.
Speaker 2: This is what I will say about Skip everything.
Speaker 5: Skips say he believes it, like he gonna do a million research on He's gonna So you don't have to play sports to know it. But if you really dedicated you research it, you gonna know about it. So that's why somebody like him. I respect what you say because it might not be what I wanted to hear, but there's some truths to something he's saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does that make sense you're studying and he's really researching it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Skip probably still think t Bow is better than Lamar Jackson. I'm sure he's still down on that t bow.
Speaker 3: But we're just waiting for first ballance.
Speaker 2: Wins we got.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, have a talented quarterback debate with you, because that's not but somebody he wins, he finds he gonna.
Speaker 2: Believe that bullshit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he definitely believe it. Did you keep that in mind like going into the podcast and TV, et cetera, to be a little bit more empathetic with athletes and maybe even if they having a down year or like a few games. Do you keep that in the back of your mind because you know what it feels like when somebody else is critiquing you when you're mid season.
Speaker 5: See now, I struggled with the TV and podcast because I was good on TV so early that they got me in spot, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And like I didn't have my road training. So when I see ain't that good? Motherfuck? Ain't that good? On you? Trash? You know what I'm saying. Because I'm a player, I didn't realized that I can't say how in the locker room? He said.
Speaker 5: And the hard thing with me was like I don't care what money you make because nobody care about that. How good are you so what I would say different things. I would have people's you know, cousin's family approached me and they will be like, yo, why hold up man, why your cousin will make your cousin good?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So I didn't learn how to say different things because sometimes like you could come off a certain way like I give you example.
Speaker 5: Oh so well, one of the chiefs, right, my last year was with them, and I played with a lot of They're good players. I played with a lot of them.
Speaker 2: I know them. And one of their teammates wasn't hold up his and it's a bargain, so on him out on the pod.
Speaker 5: And then one of my main man's like, yo, dang too far or shady, Yo, dang, get cutting some slack.
Speaker 2: Now. My job is to keep it as really as possible.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, my relationship with you was like you, my man, I don't want to so I say, look, man, I'm gonna try to be as fair.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So maybe one hundred percent opinion on this dude is that he ain't that good. Maybe I could say in a different light where I'm being more respectful. That's the word that's with more respect, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can deal with that too.
Speaker 4: And now I'm glad you went into that, because there is a there is a thing that you have to do when you're talking about either former teammates or colleagues and people that you have a real uh connection and relationship with. You don't want to be as or come across as harsh to guys that you know, you really kick it with on a real life in real life situations, as somebody that you're just.
Speaker 3: Watching the game. I never met this this kid yet, but you know, you got a lot.
Speaker 4: Of upside to him, so you might be a little harsh on him versus the guy that you was actually, you know, in the trenches with and he's still playing. You don't want to go at him because that's my man for real, like in real life. So it's kind of hard to keep it real. But you got to find a way to be objective, be honest, but you have to find that little gray area.
Speaker 3: Was like, that's my man. I ain't gonna go too.
Speaker 2: Odd on them. But see the thing is what I be telling you, I'm like, yo, like this is my job. Now, you know what I mean so.
Speaker 5: Like I had a problem with what I'm gonna say, a problem, but James Hard and his homies had an issue or something said, and I say, yo, man, like I know you don't know me, I don't know you. We know all the same people, so they'll tell you how I get Damn. It's like, Yo, if you play better, I'll talk about you better. Right, So we said yo, if you ask somethingout, James say, Yo, one of the greatest talents we've ever seen. But if we're talking about like today, yeah, I say, well, bro, it's documented every time. It's like a elimination game of game on line, like you just don't even deliver it.
Speaker 4: You disappear you yeah, right right, Yeah, what I'm saying, Yeah, Yeah, you gotta be honest in that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they don't want to You can't keep disappearing in the playoffs. And don't think that we're not gonna say you can get right.
Speaker 3: In front of our playoffs. Yeah, and that's that's interesting. Let me ask you because we deal more in the music world, and we've been approached by artists even that are we consider associates or friends. Artists are sensitive like that just comes with the territory. Do you think athletes are just as sensitive? Oh my god, yeah, because we I mean we we again this don't know ball. We don't talk sports that much. We talk music, and we for the last ten years have had to deal with friends, associates, artists all the time being super sensitive. Well we weren't even being disrespectful, called anybody out their name. Art is meant to be critiqued, so we critiqued it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: But I always kind of put that sensitivity just artist. I never even thought that athletes could be that sensitive based off.
Speaker 2: God, yeah, more sensitive.
Speaker 5: I think we have a longer, like we're successful longer. Let me bring it down, like, so.
Speaker 2: Most athletes, they've been good since they've been like five years old. Yeah, they've been their favorites, okay to get to high school.
Speaker 3: They night still the stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like rappers and rappers and I know, like they may be rapping this somebody somehow, they somebody look out for him and then they get a chance, then.
Speaker 2: They blow ball players. They've been good forever though.
Speaker 3: I never thought of that, you know what I mean, It means something.
Speaker 5: We got egos, you know what I'm saying, so, like, everything is competitive in sports, so I think we are super sensitive.
Speaker 2: Like, bro, you should be because even.
Speaker 5: In rap I feel like like a player that's not that good in the NFL. You know, he used to be the man somewhere.
Speaker 2: He like to his city. He the man like you to tell go to his college.
Speaker 3: He was the ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get through the pros, it's like, yeah here the third string man. Wat we got egos. We stay sensitive even to.
Speaker 2: This day and the times were you know, I'll meet somebody or whatever and uh, they'll give me respect because of stuff I didn't feel, but it'd be real dry, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: You might have said something, Yeah, so I said, yo, man, I said we got an issue, like I finished or something like that, because I want to get off the way because most people.
Speaker 2: That rock me they like me. I got that type of person rocking me while we got what we got a problem about though.
Speaker 3: Right right, and back to that sensitivity and back to the debate pundit shows when you were playing, was it ever awkward in the locker room when one of your teammates got cooked on first take? And it's just the element, like the elephant in the room no one's saying ship, but everybody saw all their critiques and you already know he feeling a way. Is that a thing in the locker room? Do you'll talk about what's going on with Fox?
Speaker 2: No? No, we like people don't. They don't. They don't have no effect over the we had team, you know what I mean. It's us against them.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you had a bad game, but you my man, you my brother, Like, I don't care what they say, but there's times when I've had one time where one of my teammates was you know, he got caught calling blacks niggas Braley Cooper remember that situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like awkward time. I was like, yo, like this is my man for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know I heard what he said.
Speaker 2: I only believe that he made us mad. But it's like you did say that, like it's the league is full of black blacks. I mean, tho, this is we all everywhere? So that was real awkward. What was that?
Speaker 3: What was that conversation in the locker room?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So so what they did was they kept me away from all of us, so really couldn't like a laddie, you know what I mean. But then we had you know, Mike Vickers, everybody's og and Vic was like, he said, he had a team eating He said, look, man, what he.
Speaker 5: Did was wrong, and I ain't for that shit either, he said, but I've done a lot of things that I'm sorry for. You know what I'm saying that that I did that I really mean to dude. And he was like, you know, we all have done stuff or say things behind closed doors that ain't right.
Speaker 2: And when he kindly did all that because it's who he is and the respect that we gave him, we was like, well, shit, we gonna give him a pass, you know what I mean. So, but it was awkward because now he get a pass. You had a block for him, m M.
Speaker 5: Or win in a game, right, and you know every game we played, everybody showing do something thirty twenty and it's like I get why they want to hurt him, but it's like, yo, this is our man.
Speaker 2: Yeah now that was real awkward.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, yeah, that's tough. And that I got a block for you and you just said what you just said, It's like that was tough.
Speaker 5: That was you know, everyone played certain games and love you know, it's football thirty They punched it under pile grab nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean, and the like you know, they face man's trying to their eyes out. But I got to protect him because he's my man, right.
Speaker 3: And I do love to hear that about Michael Vick because he always got the rap that he was, especially in Philly, that he that he wasn't a good leader and he could Like that's great to even hear that Vic was taking on that type of role, Like what was his years like with Michael Vick? To me, is like a superhero, Like what was it like even being in the same locker room with y'all?
Speaker 5: Look, I got in the league at twenty years old. I was the youngest play in the league. So Mike Vicky, he did his little bit. He came he came home right the Eagles, and I remember he walking to the uh he.
Speaker 2: Walking into the to the facility whatever, and I'm said, I say, what's up, y'all? Straight and woker, what's up? Yeah, what's up? What's good? All right? And he walked on. You know, I would love to see that. I've ever just talked all my Homi. He's like, yo dog.
Speaker 3: I like, you can't say yo dog?
Speaker 2: But yeah, right right, well, yeah, Vic, Well he was special. He was like you know.
Speaker 5: The thing with Vic is he don't even understand how how big he is. He don't really see who we icon. We in the club you got air force in the in the head man were like, yo, you like you might you don't even get it.
Speaker 3: Super humble, like do you know who you are?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like like take them take them jeans off, put some.
Speaker 3: Real like yeah, yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was super humble. Bro.
Speaker 5: One of the best teammates. He's one of the best. He's better person he is. This player, Bro is different.
Speaker 3: What was it What was that time like for you in Philly?
Speaker 4: Because I mean the city of Phi, Philadelphia to this day, you know they love you. Your time in Philly, what you did for the Eagles is legendary. What was it like that energy during your time in Philadelphia, Like just the fans, the city, the team, the organization.
Speaker 3: What was that time like for you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, Philly was special. You don't really helped me grow to be like a man. You know what I'm saying, Like I was twenty years old. Man, that's such a big city. You don't know what they expect. The fans was great. Big sports always keep you keep you honest, you know what I'm saying, Like I just got inducted to the Eagles Hall of Fame congression this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just saying, all the fans embrace me, man, just just love.
Speaker 5: And I feel like as a as like a that's the closest thing to having like a real family in NFLA. The NFL is always like in and out evolving door. Guys come in, guys come out. But the Eagles fan basing and and the ownership and all that, like they really make you feel like a real family. Like there's times where I talked to the owner all the time, you know what I mean. I'm hont at the players, like trying to get sa Quanta come to Philly, like I was trying to do that, trying to help out, and most teams don't really do that. They don't really even care, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So that was special man playing with the Shawn and Dream MacMan all them dudes. You know, we're still tight to this day. So I love my time in Philly, you know, and you know the fan base.
Speaker 3: So he got the head coaching at Delaware State, right, Yeah, Jackson, that love state for other reasons. Yeah, Classic. All right, where do you rank the Philly sports fan base across the board? Like I think, of course Oakland Raiders, you know, before they went to Vegas, that was always the stereotype. I don't know if there's a bigger group of animals than the Philadelphia Eagles fan base. I have friends that are Eagles fans. They're great people individually, but when they get together, they're the worst group of human beings I've ever seen in my life. You know, there's a riot police section at the Eagle Stadium that's only in Philly. That's not in any of the stadium There's.
Speaker 2: No right they had a jail in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, there's a jail in the stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I would write Philly fans probably one one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think it's close. I don't think it's close to.
Speaker 2: They travel for bull crap, you know what I like?
Speaker 5: And I like them because you know why, if the team playing bad, they're gonna let you know, you know what I'm saying, Like we're paying money to be watching these games, like and then.
Speaker 2: Let's you know that. And I love them for that because they honest you know what I'm saying, and ain't for the bull crack. Don't be coming up very much your little cowboys or just don't talk to ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah you might not leave with your your jersey on. Yeah yeah. What what was the music like in the locker room with y'all? Because I mean, you're talking about DeShawn Jackson obviously from the West coast, you being from from from p a, vic being from from Virginia.
Speaker 3: Like, what was the music like?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What was y'all listening to in the locker room?
Speaker 5: So my personality is like, I'm like, I'm cool with everybody, you know what I mean, country boys, white boys, black dudes and everybody. So I was running the music for real and everything's up north from me. I was putting them boys on dip set on everything, and this gim was going crazy. Yeah, oblostly whole nas.
Speaker 2: Had I had that biggie, I had all that ship playing. But DJ you know what, he put me on nipseason.
Speaker 3: Okay, I married at first.
Speaker 2: I'll say, Yo, heren't really lyrical like I like, but he was good. He was teaching in his own way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I remember putting on He's put me on nipset this before he was all this. When he's telling the c's.
Speaker 3: Out the car or I remember that creall.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Djack always had the West Coast sound. I remember when with him and meet Mans had a little loud rap a little battle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, bro, listen.
Speaker 5: About to come here and talk about this that she ain't gonna win.
Speaker 2: Don't bet because he gonna me gonna have I ain't know who's a little stupid with at the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I said, he gonna have somebody in there that can rap bat when we're gonna be mm And sure enough his ass lost.
Speaker 3: I told him that because you were in Philly, whin the meeking like game beef and that whole thing was happening, right yeh yeah, what's what's your relationship like with me? Since she was in Philly and obviously being a native of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: No, man, he was cool.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: We was the gamble hangout, you know what I'm saying, party and all that. I just seen him at the Super Bowl, was hanging out. That's one thing about Philly. The all like the from the ball players, like the rappers, we all are like, we all are one.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I did like about Philly. Cool dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now obviously the Eagles just won the Super Bowl. H this past season. It took one of our guys that we had, our beloved sae Quon Barkley, had to go down to Turnpike and turn it up down there in Philly.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for him, happy that.
Speaker 2: He got got a ring. That's real, that's real.
Speaker 3: Absolutely happy for Sequon. A giant fan. I hate y'all, but I was so happy for we get him so fucking dirty.
Speaker 4: Absolutely now and watching Saquon Barkley, what are some similarities you see in you and sa Quon? And what are some of the differences in the style between you and Saquon?
Speaker 2: You know what, A lot of people be kind of like, stay there.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see a lot of similarities because, uh, the games are different.
Speaker 2: Like so me and him, we have a golf event we do every year, bigger than me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I think when people see him make moves all that, and they look at my moves like, yo, them guys are shifty, but like a lot bigger than I am, you know. And I guess the part you would say we are similar is like we was real nice and we can make dudes mess and make highlights. But I think I think we're really different. I think he got his own style and this style is obviously working. He's more I think he's more god gifted than I am. You know, I come at I don't know what six foot like two o seven. I ain't never really waits everybodys into that where he's a dude that like he's always been a lifter, it's always been working hard in the gym, like I ain't really I didn't really do none of that. And I think the way we played was good because we both was like it's closer and got busy.
Speaker 2: Well, we just different. I think our styles is abt different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean definitely the shiftingess once he got to the Giants, I think it it emulated you for sure. But because he's stocky, I don't I see what you're saying. But y'all definitely do have a same shift as far as how y'all move in between gaps and how y'all Like, yeah, I see why people say it. Y'all just have different body types.
Speaker 2: And they're like man wo man talk like we laughed about it. You know what I'm saying. But one thing I do, I will say, but I know he had this from not knowing like I know him and we.
Speaker 5: Were talking, but it wasn't like when he came in Philly rocking really hot at him and really be around him. I didn't know he was that competitive, you know, like Washington, Penn State. He looked talented Washington, the giants like you know, hm, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know how competitive he was. I'm a real competitor, like I hate to lose.
Speaker 3: And listen, I'll tell you how competitive he is. He beat mall and karaoke. I was at to see that he's so competitive. He beat Mall in karaoke at a birthday party. That's a fact, real. Yeah no, no, yeah, he did not. He's so saying karaoke I didn't. It wasn't because it was a competition.
Speaker 2: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: He smoked everybody. I did not sing at all. He saw that karaoke mic and said, I'm smoking everybody in the mall.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 3: He did his thing.
Speaker 5: To see him showing because we golf and like, I don't really golf like that, but I talk a lot of ship. So my team played his team, it's like his college team, my college team, and we played and week won, and you know I'm talking with ship, you know what I mean? Yeah, And I can see how I said, oh he cares.
Speaker 2: I was just to see though, because now if you care about little golf, you care about yeah, and he plays like that. So I'm like to see that.
Speaker 3: You went up to UH to Buffalo. So at minimum twice a season you saw Bill Belichick. I have to ask, you know, the question that's on everyone's minds football related. Did he always give sugar Daddy vipes?
Speaker 2: You know? No, you know what I want some Bill though, he been so angry and mad and trying to like when this thing is like now he now is he He's getting his ass beat and now he's like, all right, twenty four stuff is over. That be a enjoyed life money I got bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let me give me a little bad little twenty five Like you know, I'm gonna do yoga on the beach, come on, picking his shirt off and on, like.
Speaker 3: He was wearing hoodies that were cut off.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: I'm happy Bill, and finally gave build some style what it is. But yeah, he's just a.
Speaker 2: Never build up.
Speaker 5: I only rock a Bill like that because like you had Brady though, you know, how blessed that is that Brady? Yeah, and you win it and you're still not happy with Brady. Like what we're talking about teams with DoD to have Brady.
Speaker 4: That's a fact. Now speaking of Brady like he ain't nothing like what? Yeah, speaking of Brady? You you you played damn that, I'm thinking about it. You played with Michael Vick, You played with Pat Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Brady and Brady. Now with those and Josh Allen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, god damn now with those, with those four quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: What are if you had him on the draft board right down in front of you, Vic Brady, no accolades, nothing, You.
Speaker 2: Just donald that he was nice?
Speaker 3: God? Oh yeah, I forgot he was at the end of that.
Speaker 2: Real quick, I know what you're about to ask, real quick. The last month did this. That's when Josh was the second year, so he won't even You don't even know who Josh Allen really was. I did I know how good he was? Yeah? He said he was mad, And I'm like, yo, damn dog. Yeah, I called you twice. You texted me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he don't want to talk to you, said.
Speaker 2: He said, Yeah, man, I see I seen your quarterback list. Yeah, so you talk about players being Yeah, in his second year, he won't even a star yet. He was like, Yo, you didn't have me as elite, dude.
Speaker 3: You had me over Brady didn't right, right, right, So you had me over Michael Vick, who had one thousand yards rushing.
Speaker 4: So in all of those quarterbacks you play with, who is the guy that if you just saw them play no accolade, just saw them on the field, working out, throwing the ball, who is the one you'd be like, I want to I want him to be my quarterback.
Speaker 3: I want to run for him.
Speaker 2: Hold on real quick, because like that's that's the questions. Like, so you're saying, if everybody's.
Speaker 3: Out heard the yard, just throwing the ball, run throwing, just running and throwing. I mean number one.
Speaker 2: But that's hard because like football ain't just that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now, okay, I'll answer.
Speaker 5: Your question that I'm gonna ask you. I'm gonna put it in this in a in a scenario where like it makes more sense for me. All right, So I probably would take Josh Allen on all them dudes. Really, if you just talk if your question is yo, if you in a park, yes, dogs and cats run around and we got a football field and you was just throwing the ball, running and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's no, but I have to get pushed back the way Patrick Mahomes has actually changed the quarterback position in the way he plays school yard ball in the highest level of the NFL. Different different if you just run around in a park. I don't know if anyone besides Pat Mahomes might be number one period in NFL history backyard football.
Speaker 2: So pack the best quarterback today for sure, and I think passed the best. Right. But when you're just talking.
Speaker 5: About that, you just said with a T shirt on and just throwing the ball around, running around, Josh Allen, if you raise Michael.
Speaker 2: Vick, Michael Vick will win. It's gonna be a close racing what people think.
Speaker 3: Okay, God damn okay.
Speaker 5: When they all stand next to each other, though, Job's gonna look way bigger than all these dudes.
Speaker 2: All Right, he'll run you over with you in his way.
Speaker 5: He might make you miss it. You in his way, he toughest nails. And then we're gonna tell who had the stroller's arm. Now, he probably got the stroller's arm probly out of him. And Pat, I remember when I when I was when I went to Kansity, was talking to Pat about just you know, quarterbacks and all that, and I'm an instagarious I might have brought it up to him and he was like, well, I'll probably never do like a throw off with Josh because it's iced to lose, lose because it's like, yo, I'm supposed to win, but Pat got a or Josh got a crazy arm, so he'll be close either.
Speaker 2: You cut it.
Speaker 5: Now, that's one part of it. Now we just said, yo, I'm in the on a football team, and the intelligence, the winning, all that stuff with quarterbacks do matters. Then the first dude off the table is Tom because he can't run a lick and he's burning Everybody's smarter than everybody knows the dude, and he's a competitor.
Speaker 2: That that mother right there.
Speaker 5: So I would go with Tom, and then I would probably go with past second, and then I would go Alan third, and then fourth would be uh prime, Vic.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 3: I would have thrown.
Speaker 4: Vic would have been up higher like on the list, because I mean just remember Michael Vick playing obviously a great runner, great athlete, but I think Vic's arm was really underrated for.
Speaker 3: A lot of years, a lot of years.
Speaker 4: I think Michael Vick as a passer was was very underrated because coming in it was like, you know, this guy, he breaks the pocket, but he can go and get you a first down, get you a touchdown. But then when he you know, when his later years, it's like, okay, I can't really just get out of this pocket and start running.
Speaker 2: I think it was better with the English I was saying.
Speaker 3: In Philly, I think he proved that point way more than he did in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Well he I mean he had he had to Shawn out there running every fucking going defense play like throw that s going to.
Speaker 5: Get because I always want to hear like people's it's not ball players. So so you you would, So you're telling me you would take Mike over Hu though you said you'll be.
Speaker 4: If I'm looking at that, if I had those four, I'm thinking I probably would either go Mike Vic or Pat Mahomes first.
Speaker 3: One of those two, I would go Pat, Mike Josh Allen Brady as far as in the park school yard football Park, Yeah, no, the all time.
Speaker 2: And Brady is sorry, I think the rank is on the football park on football.
Speaker 3: I mean Brady is first to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so, oh, I'm sorry, that's my bed. Okay, so we say in the park, Yeah, okay, John should be first in the park.
Speaker 2: Then I'm going with Mahomes, then Vic than Brady. Okay, because Mahomes, like you said, Mahlmes be looking left. He would throw that thing right and be accurate. Yeah. And he's more lucive than what people think. They see his stomach, They see how I talked like he ain't patter athlete.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, he just the way he'd be doing the shovel passes for thirty yards is the crazy shit I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Like that's and he's a competitor. I watched this time we had attacked. I won't even say his name, but he was really good. And every day of the week he kept checking on like, yo, is he gonna play?
Speaker 2: Is he gonna play? Every day?
Speaker 5: Well we get to the last day is Friday. If you really don't make the injury report, then you won't play. You know what I'm saying, Man, Pat walking down ship, he said, is he playing? They the doctors and the players started like mumbling like kind of you know, give me some jumbo, saying a lot, but not saying nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, he said.
Speaker 2: Fuck met him. Yeah, and he won as a running real quick TV don't show you that part though, right, ye dog?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, as as a running back, being with those legendary quarterbacks, do you think that was an advantage or disadvantage as far as maybe the defense was focused more on the past, so giving the the you was easier, or the fact that hey, we're just focusing on the passing game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I'll say this though, you know, I wasn't really blessed to play them dudes in my prime prime. So I played with uh, I played with Pat and Tom at the last two years of my career, right. And then when I played with Josh, he was a rookie so like he he.
Speaker 3: Was talented, but he wanted good still respect though.
Speaker 5: And then when I played with a Mike, I see the mic thing was weird because Mike was good, but like it should have ran through me because I was I was the one that was making all first team, all prosy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, showing they they weren't doing that. It was good, but they weren't doing that right, And we would throw the ball so much. Well, now you might get a pick or two or fumble or you know what I mean, me throwing it so much? If you look at how they used Lamar and.
Speaker 5: Jackson, they ran the ball a lot with Derrick Henry and they let Lamar run a little bit. But he ain't throwing it like thirty sometimes a game, right, we was, we was throwing the ball with Mike like like it was like it was payment or or you know what I'm saying. And it's not just to him, but it's like his game is he can throw the ball, but he can run too, Like why are we gonna make him do all that throwing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, did you see a difference with Andy Reid in Philly versus KC? Like what was the difference there?
Speaker 5: So so he didn't call plays in Philadelphia, you know what I'm saying, He just looked over everything where he called plays in Kansas City. I remember saying, tell him like yo ah, these exciting plays you got why you ain't cost when I was there? So he didn't really call plays, yeah you know. But but then again, like Mike's skills set different from Pats, yeah you know, and then sometimes being honest, like.
Speaker 2: If Pats thrown it.
Speaker 5: Thirty eight forty times, like he might get a pick because he'll throw some picks too, Like like you got to be a certain type of talent to do all that unless you're throwing like bubble screens or you know, safe passes.
Speaker 2: Peyton Manny's and Tom they can do that shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. Now, we just had the We just had the NFL Draft and.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously the talk of the night with Shador slide into the fifth round as somebody that's you know, obviously been in that position yourself, what was your thoughts in that moment, like as far as just being a player, Like going back to that moment of you being on the board and waiting to hear your name call, Like did you number one, did you think you do it would slide that that far down in the draft? And number two? Do you do you think it's more a political thing or maybe as a as a player. I'm just I'm asking the players, do you feel like you've seen something that should do where he's not quite ready or what y'all think he is yet?
Speaker 2: Yo, man, Like we could do this, but y'all know what's going on. Y'all know what's going That's when you asked a question that was yeah, that was crazy, bro.
Speaker 5: Then like, now you got a player on your team that you took in the third round, quarterback. Yeah, did everybody know you're not even good at your door in the fifth round? Like so, if let's say it was as good as your thought he was, and maybe he thought he's burning, what he is is dads, dion. So everybody also gonna fee like they better, you know, because that's what don and it starts in his kids, like you order ship, which is not wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, y'all telling me a fifth round draft figure? Right? So check this out. So I've been playing ball a long time.
Speaker 5: I've never heard a coach or franchise come out and say, well, we got a third round draft pick we drafted, we got a fifth round draft pick we got we got an old ast quarterback and Joe Flacco who's like forty, Ce's like oldest the older.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, it's on this call for the zone, right, and then you got a young quarterback that struggled in his career, but he made some splashes in Philadelphia, but in Pittsburgh he wasn't that good. Okay, they said, you know, what we're gonna do.
Speaker 5: They told the whole world, is the whole you know, the media, that we're gonna split the rets from the first team and the second team.
Speaker 2: Now since I've been playing, it don't happen like that.
Speaker 5: The starter gets the number one reps, the back of gets the number two reps. The third and fifth round draft pick. That's in football, that's not that's nothing. That's like fifth round there, there's nothing. You know, you won't let the fifth rounder get some second team reps in the fifth in the first team reps, normally they go with the fourth string, third string. So they'll let you know that everybody in this room we got are Eagle for real, and that he could potentially start because he's a fifth rounder.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't even be taking no Number one reps. So y'all did all that bullshit with the draft.
Speaker 5: M h to have your fifth round draft pick now be taking number second teen reps and first team reps.
Speaker 2: They tell me how that makes sense?
Speaker 5: That what that was was, listen, got this young black kid who don't need the pros. That's calming down a little bit, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit too cocky.
Speaker 3: The ego check, Yeah, ego check.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought that. I thought that it was.
Speaker 4: It was crazy only because when you start looking around and look at all the analysts and where they had him, and look at all the mock drafts, like I think the lowest I saw it was like they had him like late first, early second. But now when you get to third, fourth, everybody's like, Okay, clearly this isn't you know, they going that coach prime.
Speaker 3: You know, they don't like it. As politics things like that.
Speaker 4: Even the president, even Donald Trump chim did on that and was like, like, people are just stupid.
Speaker 3: There's no way.
Speaker 4: His dad is a great player, DNA, he's a champion, he's a street smart and all these things. Donald Trump was saying. He was like, there's no way that you do is saying it should be a fifth round draft pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was crazy. Before we get out of here. Top five Philly Rappers of all time?
Speaker 2: Oh uh? Top five?
Speaker 3: Top five, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Damn. The hard part is because I'm a meek fan. I love meat though I guess too, but I got but see I love seagull. That's a tough one, yo, that's a tough one. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with mm hmm h.
Speaker 3: Philly has a lot a lot of split out of rappers in Philly, I know.
Speaker 5: But I'm just talking about that. That that so I guess number one.
Speaker 2: I will go.
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm gonna go meet Meles, you know him and him See was a tough one though, ain't. That's a tough one for me.
Speaker 2: This for me, that's a tough one. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 5: Uh, I'm gonna go being second right, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Cassie third, Okay, no matter that.
Speaker 2: I love cast. Like you're talking about battle rap, he's the first one throwing on you know. Hm, that's three four. I'm gonna go. It's gonna suck you up a little bit, but I'm gonna go. Uh, I'm gonna e.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at that at all. I'm not mad at that. I was just having a conversation. I'm not mad at that. Eve has my favorite voice of a female rapper. Just her voice, to me, is the best female rap voice her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not go to New York, but yeah, I'm gonna go fifth on. I guess I'm buying because I like some of the people. I like, you know, you go free, but I'm gonna go Uh, I'm gonna go Young Chris.
Speaker 4: I'm not mad at that at all. Definitely not mad that makes sense to me. Definitely not mad at that. I love I love with him and Roder. Him and Roder put out they tape one of my favorite tapes.
Speaker 3: Chris, Chris, He's gonna bene, He's gonna He's gonna always be an elite, elite rapper.
Speaker 2: I love Young real quick because you're outsider. Was you had being me first over me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, Being's one of my favorite rappers ever. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ship Yeah, the Becoming, the Reason, the Truth, like those albums, it's just.
Speaker 3: Like Time and two with my age, Like Beans was the one for me. But I mean I would even put on some like rap Nerdy Ship Black Thought has to be in that conversation, even close to like a number, like you could make a case that he would be the number one rapper, rapper, rapper from Philly told him just technically rapper. Yeah, but I mean I would put Beans. I put Beans one, Black Thought two, uh three, I would I probably put this is my personal ship Freeway Unique would be four Ship five. It's funny you said young Chris because that he's kind of like he's right there. He got me doubt I probably put Chris right there too. I'd actually, as far as rapping, I probably prefer Chris over Cassidy. But I feel like that's disrespectful because that I'm a hustler album. Like, it's kind of fucked up to not put Cassidy in the top five.
Speaker 2: And I like, like, like I like the bars.
Speaker 5: I'm a bar dude, but also like when you leave Philadelphia and you go to Houston or you go to wherever, like some people represent to see the right way, you know what I mean? Yeah, cast he was one of them dudes that Yo, my Philly should people want to know, you know, because stuff I done did so I think about all that, like the production.
Speaker 2: Party in the actual bars.
Speaker 3: You know, well, y'all are disrespectful because no one brought up Will Smith Listen, I love, I love say like, y'all disrespectful.
Speaker 2: You know. You know what I'm gonna tell you, Gilly this ship Gilly, Like, yo, why did I make that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Gilly definitely gonna be put no disrespect on Gilly's name because especially we're going back to my era with beans A like Gilly's mixtapes was our ship in high school. Gilly is definitely in that conversation. I wouldn't even be mad with the young Chris versus Gilly. Gilly is up there. I don't want to expect Gilly Gilly.
Speaker 4: I go really like, if you're going Gilly, I'm going Dutch in Spade like I go into that type of Yeah, yeah, I go yeah, I go into that like y'all go old skiing O.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I go into like that type of Philly hell yeah. But yeah, he Nets right now is going crack. He put out a freestyle every other week. He going crazy, but he don't have it's the music.
Speaker 3: He don't have the songs. Yeah, they're just not going. But he Nets for sure is up there. He deserves no, definitely, that's still he's still rapping. He's still going crazy. I mean they never really raped Philly like that. But corrupt and left eye, I feel like need to be somewhat.
Speaker 4: In a corrupt Never he'll never say Philly now he do every now and then. Yeah, Yeah he let people know. Yeah, he let people know.
Speaker 3: He for Philly for sure, but left eye think needs to be in that conversation as well, even though she landed with TLC.
Speaker 4: Ship but she did Philly. Yeah, absolutely shady. Before we let you go, what is your prediction this year for.
Speaker 3: The Super Bowl? Who's taking it all? The ship?
Speaker 2: The Eagles?
Speaker 3: Well next year, well let.
Speaker 2: It by y'all man from New York, saquon back at it you.
Speaker 3: Then they gonna do it again, go back to back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they team that same team.
Speaker 4: Man, case gonna be I think CAC gonna be right there, Buffalo gonna be right there again.
Speaker 2: I think either case buffal that play. But the Eagle team too good? Bro?
Speaker 3: What what's wrong in Buffalo? Like, what's going on? Why has Buffalo not made it there?
Speaker 2: Let me tell you why?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: You play the Jugger Knouts every year? Yeah? If they?
Speaker 5: If the Bills play in the NFC, they at the Super Bowl every year like the Chiefs. It's hard to be Patrins and Andy Reid. Andy read the best coaching football of all time?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, you gotta go out. Well, but you got him over Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now look now you can't say that.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you.
Speaker 5: Let me bring Now that's some good football for y'all right, okay, So like people be conditioned, you know what I mean, Like I don't care how great any player does, nobody would be buried at MJ.
Speaker 2: That's how people look at it, you know what I mean? This is what it is.
Speaker 5: Belichick got that same thing. When Belichick didn't have Brady, he was trash.
Speaker 2: Hm. People people only act like he's only coach for the Patriots. That's not true. He had other coaching jobs.
Speaker 3: Wait, no, no, no, no, I'm giving pushed back because he was a defensive coordinator in Cleveland. He was with the Giants and some other random assistant he when Bledsoe went down. Let's not act like the Patriots was ass like Belichick was there for what two years a year in three games before Brady was there and took a back up and did that. Like, let's not and always had never had good personnel until Randy Moore showed up.
Speaker 2: Tell what this want to do for you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Like you give a pushback. I like that. I tell my son that I like I like that. Don't use some homework. Some homework. Right when we leave this interview, right, I'm gonna get your info. We're gonna talk again.
Speaker 5: So he was the head coach before he got to the Patriots. That's some horwor for you to look at. And if you look at at homework, he wasn't a winner.
Speaker 2: He was a loser there. Okay.
Speaker 5: Then you when you get to the Patriots right before you had Tom Brady, and after you had Tom.
Speaker 2: Brady, right, you're not even five hundred winning.
Speaker 5: Coach that team, and last name, soon Brady leaves, right, you limp your way to the playoffs, you get smoked by thirty five points to a team you played twice a year, and then after that you like one of the worst teams in football. So with Andy Reid, no matter where you dropping at, no matter where whose quarterback is, he always gonna be a good coach.
Speaker 2: We always gonna win. Before he got to the Chiefs, they won three games, bro same motherfucking team. Same team. Then the next year they go to the playoffs. And now the Chiefs is what they are. The Eagles. Before he got to the Eagles, they was trash. First year he went five and five five and he went five games five eleven, Then year after that eleven and five playoffs, playoffs, playoffs. I just hate when we compare them dudes, and the last season broke last night. So you know, Bill, dude, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, Andy Reid's the officive quarterback type of dude, so I can develop players. I think Patrome was phenomenal. I personally don't think that pat would be that without aim. I think he'll be really really good. I don't think he'd be that everywhere. Any and he goes to quarterback is gonna be good.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is what it is.
Speaker 2: I can't say the same for Bill. What Bill gets credit for Tom and he a quarterback and you a defensive coach.
Speaker 3: Okay, after deflay Gate? How many how many games was Brady suspended? They went undefeated? Yeah, and then me and Homie's career who went to the forty nine ers?
Speaker 2: What's his name? Trash? What about no?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And Bill?
Speaker 3: He went undefeated with Bill after deflay Gate when Brady got suspended.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, you're talking about a couple of games. I'll give you that.
Speaker 3: I can't say, and I'm not saying it's comparable to what Andy Reid has done. It as in regards with other quarterbacks, but you can't discredit that Brady was really a nobody at that time. You say that though, yo, I know what he did in Michigan. Don't get me wrong, They gets credited him.
Speaker 5: Were talking about the pros everywhere. Time where he goes, he wins. The dude left, the dude leaves.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I'm saying when Bledson went down, Bill was dealing with nobody as a quarterback, had no experience in the NFL and no real personnel.
Speaker 2: But that's not true.
Speaker 3: Bill and Brady have made Edelman a Hall of Famer. Like every little fucking wide receiver. They have made that way hot.
Speaker 2: But that's my question of people like that.
Speaker 5: They say that, how does Bill get credit for them type of receivers. He's like d he's on DEFENSI side, don't have no.
Speaker 2: Do the offense.
Speaker 3: That come on, you think Bill Belisha has nothing to do with the offense, nothing in You think he don't show up on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. He'd just be at home with his twenty four year oirlfriend.
Speaker 5: And like he's not putting no plays in, he's not installing, he's not like he's not coaching the offense. But Andy ree ain't going over coaching the defense.
Speaker 3: He's the coach the GM. I'm not I don't think he's the best drafter, but look what he's done. He's taking a bunch of kids from Rutgers and made them Hall of Fame. DB's like, that's a coach. He put the best offensive coordinators that ended up being the Notre Dame head coach. Like he has made stars out of coaches. Mike Rabel, like he has made stars coordinators.
Speaker 2: They be trashed for offense.
Speaker 3: Then why are their dynasty?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you they coaching Tom Brady. Dog, that's the truth. The coordinators, he gets right. They comeing with the Patriots, they winning all these games and all this shit stone they leave the Patriots and they leave Tom Brady the quarterback.
Speaker 2: They go to all these different places and be trash, you know they do. Then they come back to Tom and he saved them. Tom left the Patriot and won a championship with the Bucks.
Speaker 3: Ye same roster that was like, that was like the Aauver. That Bucks team was insane. What are we talking about? I was on running game to three receivers. Let's act like that Bucks team. Gronk came back. What are we talking about? He's an All Star team but see you say that.
Speaker 2: You say that, but it's like this, the elite players versus eleaite players. So none is is really easy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The NFL, of course it's really easy.
Speaker 5: So what I'm saying is the common factor we have here is that every time number twelve goes somewhere, they're going.
Speaker 2: To be winning. And then and then when he leaves, the Patriots ain't never looked that bad fact.
Speaker 3: And I know, I think Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time. I don't even think it's fucking close. I'm just saying we cannot discredit Bill Belichick and everything he did with the rosters that he had. The Patriots were never a superstar team ever. I mean even the running backs. If you go through the Patriots running backs for the last twenty years, those guys would have never been damn near Super Bowl MVPs without the system that was running in the Patriots.
Speaker 2: This is why I'll get what you keep doing, you keep giving.
Speaker 5: So Bill's thing is defense, but he's one of the they say he's one of the most greatest masterminds on defense.
Speaker 2: Right, So if that's what he is, why do you keep giving him credit for offense.
Speaker 3: He's the head coach, so if they fail, it's he gets the credit. But if they win, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, how do you get the credit? Nobody?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's the head coach. You think you think he's legitimately not looking through any of that, like he's just been like, yo, whatever y'all want to do.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, obviously hit a coach, But what I'm saying is like, he ain't in that MOE for like, yo, let's go over to his office of game plan to try.
Speaker 2: That's not what he does.
Speaker 3: Something he do most coaches threw him off. I just cannot see him not he he ain't doing.
Speaker 2: These crazy iodic defensive shit. He that's not what they do.
Speaker 5: Get an office, come to the defense coach, you get the head coach. I see everything, but I ain't really so real quick before you leave, because you keep saying that personal and the team was not that good.
Speaker 2: Look at the fucking defense that the Pitchers had with Tom Brady and Andrew Blutson, because I don't think you know.
Speaker 3: Because they no Teddy Bruski. Teddy Brusky was crazy. Rabel was there at that time. I mean obviously you get to the high towers and all that kind of players.
Speaker 2: They were good to get the real good players.
Speaker 3: Rodney Harrison was struggling in Sandy. Ain't going until he came to the Patriots. He was having he was having a hard time going.
Speaker 2: Keep going, that's crazy to keep going.
Speaker 3: Who was who was the free safety next to Ronnie Harrison? He was nice?
Speaker 2: My lord that went to the Bills.
Speaker 3: He was nice, he was he was Yeah, but again he's always been nicey, No, you sabot lawyer malloy. Yeah he was a linebacker, yeah, Lawyer malloy. Willie McGinnis was struggling with the Patriots until until Bill got there. They was in a bad organization. I'm sorry. You think I'm all right? No, no, no, let's let's get into it. You think Pete Carroll was bringing Willie McGinnis to the Promised Land.
Speaker 2: I think Willie was a really good player.
Speaker 3: No, WILLI is a Hall of Famer, he's but he had a shy system, really, isn't. You had Ryan Seymour, You had ty law Samuel first of all, all right, Sante Samuel, who was a Sante Samuel before the Patriots and got that contract with y'all.
Speaker 2: Bro, he was a beast.
Speaker 5: He's a rookie and beat one of the dudes out. He's been good his whole life, his whole life and prob.
Speaker 3: But that he wasn't some lottery pick that the Patriots got. There was already a damn near dynasty when they got at Samuel. The system was perfect for him. You acting like sam was a number one pick. What I'm saying he was a baller. I don't care what he's he was. He should be in the Hall of Fame. I'm saying the system with the Patriots with Bill and what he did gave him even the value to what got to.
Speaker 2: The balled out with the patris and ball with the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Bill Belichick made Tyrone Poole a potential Hall of Famer. What are you talking about, TYROLO? I love Tyrol Pool, but yo, yo, you see this crect.
Speaker 5: Everybody's so fool You'll be surprised. A lot of the Patriots players saying about him, like all that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Tom bradys Will made that thing go. Bro, that's a simple I.
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah, yeah, I'm arguing because it's fun right now. Of course, know you and Locker rooms. You know ship way more than I Like you said last name real quick.
Speaker 5: You know like all thirteen teams, right, you telling me if Tom Brady went to the bad teams, so you got the average teams and the bad teams, do you think that he makes them teams better?
Speaker 3: I think if he went to the forty nine ers with one hundred and ninety eighth pick instead of the hundred and nine ninth pick, we're looking at something different. I think it was a perfect storm, a shit that happens in the universe with two people coming together. Tom was gonna be Tom no matter way he lands. No opportunity is something that happens. Like let's say Bledsoe. Bledsoe, they had just read up his contract. He was going to be the franchise player. If he doesn't go down, Bledsoe still stays right there. We're not acting like they're putting two hundred million into Drew Bledsoe after he did take them to the Super Bowl lost against Brett Favre. At that point, they're gonna let Tom Brady beat him out. In practice, you think Robert Kraft is allowing that. Yo, he allowed Hernandez to mark people and he still was like yo, I'll show up the court.
Speaker 2: They gave Tom Brady hunter mean deal or they gave Buss poyman out deal and Tom beat him out. He's better. He's better, bro, He's That's what happened.
Speaker 3: Tom beat out. Who Bloods went down? Let's went down? Came back for the Pittsburgh AFC Championship for like one quarter, bloodso balled out, But it was clear that Tom Brady was the one. If Bledsoe doesn't go down, that doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: But I mean, that's football. We can't I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: They're not allowing as good as Brady could be at practice that franchise. In politics, what did you say? What did you say earlier? I'm gonna do a callback. You said, sometimes the best player doesn't play. It's politics. You give Bloodsoe this much money, He has the smile, he's tall, he's marketable. You think they're investing all that money to let some kid from Michigan beat him out. No, that's not happening. He went down, and he took the moment and became the greatest quarterback of all time. If he goes to the forty nine ers, I don't know if that same opportunity is happening.
Speaker 5: Oh so so you're saying, oh oh you said, okay, get curted for that. So you say, like, Bill made it happen for him, give him chance to play.
Speaker 3: It was a perfect storm and energy of both of those people and that opportunity and yeah, an amazing coach and the potential greatest quarterback of all time and that moment happening. That's some real universe, Like you have to go in the moon and stars to figure out how that whole shit happened. I'm dead ass.
Speaker 5: But the thing with Tom is like the time that you know, everywhere he's been a he's a really really good He's been a winner.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Michigan, he's a winner.
Speaker 2: Everything I know about Tom is that he's been a winner. He's been really really good as a quarterback. That's what y'all know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what I'm telling you is that we can't say the same for Belichick. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: No, he's seventy five or the twenty four yard girlfriend, that's a winner to me.
Speaker 2: So look, look, look, he gott to do his homework. I got a rod. It's a homework.
Speaker 3: Man, thank you bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate y'all. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Love no