Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, if you don't lie about that, right Lauren, Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 1: It's Laura Lo Rosa and this is the latest with Laura le Rosa. This is your dely dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: Now, today we have exciting news, and y'all know I like to break the news. I love for y'all to hear from me first. This did not come from me first. This is not one of my exclusives. But Cardi B sat down with Gail King and she revealed that she and Stefan Diggs are expecting baby number one together. They both have kids separately, but they're expecting their first child together.
Speaker 2: Let's take a list of the Cardi well, well, yes i am. I'm having a baby with my boyfriend Stefan bags.
Speaker 1: Now the interesting thing here, are you gonna address the elephant in the room or the now baby in the room? Not calling the baby elephant. I'm just y'all know what I'm trying to say, like trying to get to what. Of course, the conversation is and Carti kind of alludes to it, you know, people.
Speaker 2: Letting her do things on her own time in.
Speaker 1: This interview, is that you know, there's been rumors for weeks now about Cardi b uppearing to be pregnant because of how she physically, you know, you started to see a little bumping belly. Now, the conversation amongst fans and just you know, amongst people commenting on the celebrity as they do always is whether or not it made sense for Cardi B and stuff On Diggs to be having a baby at this point in their relationship because they are you know, early in the relationship. They're in the honeymoon phase of the relationship, and that has been the big conversation. Now Cardi B knows that has been the big conversation because she addresses it with the Gail King. Now, whether you think Carti should be at this stage where.
Speaker 2: You know, her and Seffi Davis are recommening a baby or should not be, it is here. It is happening.
Speaker 1: Carti is having the baby, and I do think that, you know, there is something to say about Carti and her ability to work through all of this, because not only is she physically dealing with being pregnant, having a baby, and you know, balancing all of that at the same time in this big, huge.
Speaker 2: Superstar celebrity world.
Speaker 1: But we know Carti has always been very, very aware, vulnerable, and I would even say sensitive to what the critique and the conversation is about her amongst fans and critics and online. So I know she sees all of this right and emotionally, I'm sure she's dealing with that too.
Speaker 2: She's dealing with having even.
Speaker 1: If that's not a thought in her mind, like oh my god, is it too early?
Speaker 2: Is it something we should be doing right now?
Speaker 1: Because she did not directly say that it was in this interview, so I can't definitely say that. But even if that is something that she's thinking about, should or should we have not you know, been here right now. The outpouring of support, but then also the outpouring of opinion and negative opinion definitely takes a toll on you. I don't care what people say at all. When you are a person in the spotlight, you know, if there are a ton of bricks being thrown your way, at least one, you're going to feel maybe ten out of one hundred you're going to feel and when you're feeling those when you're a person like Cardi B, who is very vocal, who has conversations with her fans, she gets right on Twitter spaces, honey, will tell you how she feels, what.
Speaker 2: She like, what she don't like.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me to imagine that she's not seeing it and that she doesn't have an opinion on that. But regardless of what people think, it is happening and she is pushing through. She has been delivering role out wise. She has been consistent roll out wise. People told her, not even told her, but people. You know, the conversation with whether it's it's media heads, whether it's.
Speaker 2: Fans, just whoever.
Speaker 1: In conversation about Carti and her sophomore album, am I the Drama, which comes out the nineteenth of September, so on a few days from now, the conversation has been will the album even come out? Will it ever be finished? Because it took her so long to deliver in between, you know, Invasion of Privacy, which was her first album. It's been years since that project and she's here and she's delivering. So no matter how we feel, you got to give it up for baby girl. For at the end of the day, she's getting it done. She's getting it done despite all of the things. Now, she did talk about, you know, speaking of the conversation about, you know, getting things done. Y'all know, Carty had said on a you know, an Instagram live that a tour was coming. And when I saw that, because I've been saying for months that I thought Carti was pregnant. There was a photo that she posted. You guys, you know, go google this. She was taking a picture with Culture, her Culture's birthday, and Carti is in a red it's like a jersey. It's almost like a soccer jersey because it kind of looks like a T shirt. It's pretty oversized. And I'm like, Carti looks like she's expecting. And then other things came out, other photos. There was a video of her in the white outside of the courtroom when she was just in court in La the case that she won against the security guard. She looked pregnant there as well, and I'm like, how the hell is.
Speaker 2: She going to do a full tour now?
Speaker 1: Granted she was supposed to go on tour sometime back with Bruno Mars. You guys, remember they had the song together and that didn't happen. She was pregnant with culture she did perform. I remember she did Coachella. It was a whole you know, she gave love the TLC. It was that whole thing. And she worked throughout her pregnancies prior to this one, but the tour didn't happen. This is her first solo headlining tour, so there's a big I mean, Cardi b is a production when you see her, when you go see your in person, whenever you're watching her. Everything she does is a production. That's why this rollout has been so flawless because she's, you know, put her reps in that, bringing a production to life. But also it's what she does, so you know, we fucked it in the rollout. You see it when you see your in concert. So it's going to be a production on the less. And we know when I heard her say she's announcing a tour and in my mind, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I think she's pregnant. I'm like, how is she going to do this?
Speaker 1: So now that the pregnancy has been announced, she talks about what tour is going to look like because according to Carti and I'm saying according to Party, she would know the baby will be here prior to that tour happening. Shout out a party, because I promise, y'all, I am not pregnant. I don't have any kids, but I say in the room all the time with you know, Charlamagne, Jesss and Envy and you guys know they all have kids of all different ages. Y'all, don't be tired because I be exhausted after doing the show, the podcast. I'm sitting up being in people's business for hours upon hours and then coming back in and doing it all again. I'm exhausted after all of that. Y'all aren't ever exhausted, So to do everything is And I know people would be like, well, she got help, CARDI got money, she got help. But still she's a present mom. She's a very present mother. And she did also say that, you know, this tour, she was talking to Kelly Rowland. She talked about how her plan because she just had her baby Blossom was offset. She did talk about her plan to not take her babies on all of the tour stops. On all of the tour stops, so that's also like, even though she's not you know, her babies are not on the tour stop.
Speaker 2: I think mentally it's weighing.
Speaker 1: On you as a mom when you got to be you know, it's mom guilt when you got to be away from your babies and you know, you work in and you gotta do what you gotta do. But you're used to being able to take them to school every day. You're used to being able to, you know, you doing dinner, getting them dressed, looking at the outfice. It's going to be different for Carti this time around, not being able to take you know, all the kids with her. It's going to be very different for her. But I mean, I wish her the best of luck. I will say it's going to be interesting navigating or watching her navigator how she deals with people. To have a lot to say about the fact that she is expecting a baby with Stepan Diggs so early in their relationship, after you know, having her youngest baby with her estranged husband offset and the fact that you know, the divorce is not even finalized, which in my opinion, I'm not gonna lie to y'all and you know, get in the streets getting the tweets at me. I'm Lauren La Rosa everywhere l O R E N l R s A. In my opinion, I don't think that the divorce papers not being finalized is a thing. If two people are really in this space where they have moved on for real, for real and things are separate. Businesses are separate, homes are separate, all of that. I think working out the paperwork and going through the court system to do those things takes the time, and as long as she's moving forward and doing them, which I'm sure she is at this point, cool, but people are like, her divorce papers are not the ink hasn't even dried, and I'm like, but she's moved on though she's been dating, you know what I mean? Now I can I can understand that. You know, it's very our early argument as a woman. I think when you're dealing with a man, especially when you're fresh out of another breakup, your biggest thing is, you know.
Speaker 2: We understand the honeymoon phase too.
Speaker 1: I think people hear Cardi talking about oh, he said, let me come heal you, and they think she's just gullible and as a woman who's been in a vulnerable space moving on from a situation that you thought was going to be a forever.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, it.
Speaker 1: Feels it does feel good when you find someone who wants to step into what you think the men in your life should be doing and what that role is, and it can blind you a bit.
Speaker 2: You know, love does that to both men and women.
Speaker 1: But I think as we watch her navigate this space, you kind of got to reserve your.
Speaker 2: Opinion to just kind of see what happens.
Speaker 1: This is one of those things like everybody has what they think is going to happen.
Speaker 2: I've heard positive and negative, but.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things kind of like a movie, which is crazy because Cardi dropping in outa drama baby. Everything she's been doing every day in his role outs has been something you gotta just sit on the EDGAC and wait to see what's gonna happen. She Cardi B Gonna keep you on your edg A C okay, because am I the drama baby.
Speaker 2: The piter stirring and.
Speaker 1: It gets thicker and there's a new person in the party. So congratulations a Cardi. Let me know what y'all are thinking about Cardi B and her baby announcement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna move on.
Speaker 1: In the latest Up next, Wendy.
Speaker 2: Williams Charlomagne's o G. If you watch our Tame Dash.
Speaker 1: Interview, Wendy Williams was outside speaking of Cardi b in the Outside song and her being back outside baby, Wendy.
Speaker 2: Williams is outside as well.
Speaker 1: So Wendy Williams attended Lawan Smith's Springs Summer Readywere Runway show, which is, you know, the season of fashion week that we're in right now. I kind of broke down and explained to you guys, you know, how to see a fashion week work. In a prior episode when I talked about attending you know, some fashion week shows, make sure you guys go take a listen to that. I did not attend the Lawan Smith show. Lawan Smith's team didn't get back to me on the RSVP, but you know, we're still here talking about it. But yeah, so there were a ton of people there. It's a big deal, of course to see Wendy Williams there, And I think Wendy Williams is Wendy Williams.
Speaker 2: So whenever you see her anywhere.
Speaker 1: But of course in spaces where you know she's putting herself back into pop culture, it's very nostalgic for some people. It's very inspiring for some people to see her getting back on the horse and trying to get back to her life after everything that we've learned that she is currently going through. But people just love Wendy h Even the people that hate Wendy love Wendy. It's insane. I've never seen anything like it. She's a cultural phenomena. But in attendance was a little Kim and I did see that Little Kim and Wendy Williams had a moment and you know, let's tay listen to the audio.
Speaker 2: You can kind of hear their conversation a bit. Wendy is you know, exchanging numbers with with Kim. Let's say a listen, lady Fair, Yes, yes, m numbers ki okay, yes.
Speaker 1: You also had Christian Combs and his sisters, the twins, the Combs Twins in attendance. I saw Jordan Woods seated next to them shout out to Simon King and Rodello Madison pr I know she works with all of them, and baby she always has her clients seat said they were there and in the front row.
Speaker 2: I also saw, you know, mariaa scientists was at the show.
Speaker 1: Iced Tea and Coco Lotto and her sister Brooke were there as well.
Speaker 2: Uh, Bust de Rans.
Speaker 1: Bust Ryan's been outside because even when I was at the Romeo Hunt show the other day, Bus Sarans was there, but Busterrans be moving around New York.
Speaker 2: He be everywhere all the time.
Speaker 1: And you know, even like I think think seeing Wendy in these elements now, like at this point is a thing as well, because there's a lot of people who didn't really care for Wendy that I think we see now extending her some grace, like a little Kim right, because that y'all remember Little Kim and Wendy Williams Dave had their times. You know, Little Kim got on Twitter. This was youre was this twenty thirteen. Little Kim got on Twitter and she went off on Wendy Williams. You know, she read her Dawn or him to two because you know, Wendy gonna give a go redback. But this was after Wendy Williams made comments about Lot Kim and you know, her parents and all the things. Here's what Wendy Williams had to say. You know, I'm a straight shooter, so I'm gonna say, first of all, same.
Speaker 2: Blue contacts, so at least that's consistent. Brand new nose, the pooch looks good. The cheeks she got a chin shake. It looks like a chin sha and of course the obvious bleacher.
Speaker 1: Little Kim tweeted, and again this was years ago. This is back in twenty thirteen. After Wendy made those comments, Little Kim tweeted, she said, b why you didn't show the side by side pick? The pick is photoshopped and you know it. You would hating be a bad angle. Will never make me look like that.
Speaker 2: Stop hating on me.
Speaker 1: Because you sucked Biggs dic k and he didn't want nothing to do with your behind. After that, it's time for the world to know the real I'm not playing what you're behind anymore.
Speaker 2: Let's get in.
Speaker 1: I kept that very PG for y'all, very prety, very very PG, because there was a series of tweets, but you know, it got kind of crazy and a lot of those tweets were ended up being deleted after But Little Kim and Wendy were not the best of friends. So to see this now, and you know, in this video, Little Kim is very like she's holding Wendy's hand, there's just a change of any energy. And I think we get to a point where we all grow up and we get tired of certain things. But I'm gonna tell you right now, being on the other side of this and understanding having to report on people and give an opinion, I would never be Like I've always said this, I admire Wendy. Y'all know she is one of the people I admire, But there is a limit on what I will do and say. Wendy was going to drag for filth way differently than me. I am not here to drag for filth. I will always defend myself as needed, but I kind of, you know, like to keep mind like where I.
Speaker 2: Get in and get out. Every now and then I might say something I don't even think.
Speaker 1: It's shady or like, you know, whatever, and people do get upset like I've had, you know, celebrities get upset at the way I reported things or something I said, or and it's really nothing you can do. Now for me, it's really nothing I can do because what I try to do is is just especially in a room with the breakfast club, where I kind of.
Speaker 2: Can tee up things.
Speaker 1: My opinion isn't the focus every now and then, you guys, hear my opinion. The podcast is different up by myself, y'all are getting my opinion. But a lot of people, you know, pay attention to the facts that I'm providing and the personalities in the room of Charlemagne an envy adjusts their opinions are there here you get a make sure the two.
Speaker 2: People get pissed off.
Speaker 1: But for me, one of the things that I always like to say to people, and I was just having a conversation about this last night at a fashion show I was at. I was at the Trap Star London fashion show ending my fashion week, and I ran into Mona Don't call me White Girl, who's another podcaster and comedian, and you know, she was just telling me how proud of me she was, and she was saying to me, you know, people don't understand what I come from.
Speaker 2: Like people look at me and they see me so buttoned up in me, you know, doing well.
Speaker 1: Even when I say a word wrong or I might use slang because that's how I talk, people are like, oh my god, but you're supposed to be a journalist, and I'm like, I'm a girl who knows how to tell stories, and I've been trained as a journalist to figure out what's next and tell that story and be the first person to tell you sometimes but no, not perfect, right, But I think what people don't understand is that, I mean, I do have bark, and sometimes I bark and I bite back. But it's always been about, like, you know, there's a certain level of when I say something if I ever get messy, or if I ever give an opinion, or because I really don't like even ve're into the laying the messy. If I give an opinion and people don't like it, it's nothing I wouldn't say to the person in their face. It's something that I would stay as something like, I don't say anything that I'm not gonna stand on. I always, you know, when I'm thinking about how I feel about things and I'm preparing for my segmentary on the podcast and in the breakfast club or anywhere panels anything, I'm not saying anything.
Speaker 2: That I would not stand on because I be outside and.
Speaker 1: I'm know in real life I'm gonna run into these people and I'm not backing down. I mean, I'm not out here looking for drama, ever, like that is not grow I'm so far going from that and that is what me And don't call me white girl. We're having a conversation about like coming from where I come from. Like you know, there's certain things people lean into, they love the mess, but for me, I try to you know, be at a point where you know, you get a little bit of it.
Speaker 2: We laugh, we ki, we move on. But it's not that trimental with somebody in their existence.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know a lot of people with Wendy Williams have always felt like the things that she said and done may have been detrimental to people's mental, their physical, their coin, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: But I ain't never going to say nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to stand on and I do believe that Wendy is that type of person as well to a certain extent. You know, there has been you know, the conversations about you know, the girl groups pulling up to the studio and Wendy ain't coming outside and all that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just I understand this a lot.
Speaker 1: Differently now, Like I understand a Wendy and you know, not what she did or how she did it, but just the ramifications that come with certain things. So to see people choosing to give Wendy some grace to move on, to forgive her to you know, take her number, be a person she can call and.
Speaker 2: Support her despite everything. Kudos to those people.
Speaker 1: Kudos to a person like a Little Kim who's willing to do that after having a public spat with the Wendy Williams, because you know, it's tough hearing things and seeing things about yourself, especially when he are things that are so sensitive. And people talk about Little Kim all the time and her looks and how they've changed. I see all photos of Little Kim all the time, and I'd be like, oh my god, Little Kim was so brown and beautiful. I am a person that will say I wish she hadn't got so much work done. But I'm not a person that's gonna get online in dragger for it either, because I mean, look to each his own. But they've moved on, and we saw that moment, and I don't even know if people because I didn't even see a lot of people reporting it. I don't even know if people realized how iconic it was to see that moment, because that was a yo. When we found out that Wendy Williams about to suck biggies allegedly.
Speaker 2: Oh baby, that was breaking news. That was a hot topic. How you doing.
Speaker 1: At the end of the day, There's always a lot to talk about and listen, whether it is Cardi being the baby, Wendy Williams, and you know, some ping that she might be surrounding herself with a celebrities. She's running into Little Kim and other people while out and about for fashion week.
Speaker 2: This is the place to do it. And I do know this is the place to get all of that news. I mean and I do know.
Speaker 1: There was a headline that came out yesterday with Wendy Williams about her being deposed in this A and E lawsuit and people are like, at first, people were upset when they saw this headline because they're like, leave Wendy alone and she's going through it nothing. She looked so good yesterday and her LaQuan Smith.
Speaker 2: Draked and fur. You know, the people are like, well, can she do it that position? She looking good? But a judge ruled yes she can.
Speaker 1: It must be only three hours long, and you know they have an actual limit of how many days it can be across. And she has to be comfortable in the location they choose, and you know there's some rules and regulations, but they decided they're not going to hold off on what is required to get this lawsuit settled anymore, like they said in the beginning.
Speaker 2: So we'll see that happening.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm going to reach out and try and get some updates.
Speaker 1: They're exclusively on why the judge decided to move forward and what happens next. I'll be bringing that right back here to you guys, The Latest with Laura l Rosa huh Lowriders.
Speaker 2: I appreciate y'all. I appreciate all of you guys.
Speaker 1: Get in the streets and the tweets, let me know how you're feeling about the things we've covered today.
Speaker 2: I will see you guys in my next episode.