Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yep, I guess so.
Speaker 1: That's us. That's us. How you doing, I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm okay. We were supposed to do this yesterday. Yeah, but you couldn't. I could, Oh you could. I don't know. I don't remember. I don't remember. I really honestly don't remember.
Speaker 2: It was you.
Speaker 1: What happened.
Speaker 2: I came in, yeah, to the city, and I ubered in.
Speaker 1: Oh, you wanted me to drive you home. I couldn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't. You said you were very busy, you had to make it home.
Speaker 1: You wound up getting late and I had a lot to do. I'm sorry anyway, Fine, We're never It's fine. But I thought we were recording yesterday and I wore my Iowa corn shirt because I want to talk about my corn.
Speaker 2: And oh, okay, you were just going to talk about your corn.
Speaker 1: Why what did you think I was going to talk about nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing. Between Chip's references and the Iowa situation, everyone has to be mentioned every episode.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a situation either bull Chat or Serial Killers. I just all I wanted to talk about is how disappointing it was to nurture those corn stalks. And first of all, they only yielded six cobs, and I think that's the proper farming term yield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and pardon me, you gotta tickle in your throat yet it And so I picked them or harvested them, and they were mediocre at best. Yeah, I mean you kind of have to. There's also stuff to do with the soil.
Speaker 1: You know, we have crappy soil. Yeah. My garden is full of weeds. It's overtaken by weeds.
Speaker 2: The husks looked really good, though, like the corn itself. When you showed me your corn in your backyard, I was like, wow, that's a lot of corn.
Speaker 1: I mean, the corn looked great. It was. It was white corn, which usually would be sweet. And it's very possible that A. I didn't leave it on the grill long enough and b it was just crap corn. I mean I might have bought instead of sweet Long Island corn. I might have bought like feed corn, you know, like the stuff they give to horses and pigs and stuff. Yeah, I don't know, I don't know, but I mean whatever, it was the thrill of growing my own produce.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm experimenting with bamboo right now. I have three giant bamboo plants in my parents' backyard. Yeah, they're letting me grow. I told you gotta be careful with that. Well, I hope it that be careful part comes in soon, because let me tell you something. I went from buying the things off of Etsy. It was a real sketchy guy from Florida. Yeah, he like sent me the roots that I didn't bury deep enough. Whatever, that was my problem.
Speaker 1: This time, I.
Speaker 2: Bought three giant, like already grown plants. And then they say in the five years that's when it's supposed to take off. Well, it's the second year for one, and all the original stalks are dead. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I need this bamboo to take off from my personal well being.
Speaker 1: I don't want to know why, but I mean my question to you is how close is the closest neighbor Like they're not that close, okay, Because like I told you before, yeah, bamboo is incredibly reproductive and invasive. Yes, and once it takes over, you cannot get rid of it because the root systems underground just keep sprouting bamboo all over the neighborhood, and then you will be public enemy number one well, your parents will be you'll be long gone.
Speaker 2: I planted it far enough in our backyard that it would if it takes over, it goes into like the woods. Okay, it doesn't take over someone's lawn or anything. Because you could have a bamboo forest. I would love every minute of that. I don't think you understand. I went to the one in Japan. It was a spiritual experience for me. I don't know why I love bamboo so much. I know it's weird, but I just find it to be super peaceful and nice, and I've always wanted it in my own bad.
Speaker 1: I know that once you have a bamboo forest, all of a sudden, panda bears will show up.
Speaker 2: I would love that too. I need that to happen. It would make me the happiest man alive. They eat the stalks are so cute when they eat the stalks too. The specific type of bamboo I grew as well as moso bamboo, which is called giant bamboo, which means that if it takes we could be seeing some seventy five foot bamboo stocks and I haven't gotten over four feet yet, so there will.
Speaker 1: Be some sort of town code violations if that happens you'll see, okay.
Speaker 2: Because in people's backyards in our area you could always tell where it is. There's like giant sections, so other people have. Other people have not this specific type of bamboo Moso bamboo, the one that I bought, I specifically bought because of how high it can go. But it's acceptable in your community. Again, I checked into the county rules. There are no rules for my specific county, and other people in our area have it, and I've always seen it and admired it.
Speaker 1: You know, you may be the person who the rule is now based on.
Speaker 2: There's no way because let me tell you something, there is someone in our development who already has bamboo in their lawn. Okay, that's taken over all right, So I'm not public enemy number one. Well, I'm proud to say there was a rule made after not me directly, but no. When I was in high school, my junior or senior I think it was my senior year of high school, there was a parking lot, but it wasn't big enough. The school parking lot was never big enough. There was a lottery for parking spaces, and if you didn't get a parking space, oh well, too bad.
Speaker 1: You're out of luck. So we would park on the side street immediately behind the school that would go all the way down. There were no houses on one side of the street, so we parked all along there. But the neighbors were not having it. They were pissed, and after probably three or four years of them complaining, they finally put up no parking school day sign So right our grade after us got screwed, we were good. We parked there, and then the following year they put up no parking signs. So, wow, I would I contributed to be the cause of that. I've had rule changes because of me. Yeah, I've had two or three of them. Actually, wow. Do tell So in.
Speaker 2: High school I wasn't great at a lot of things. I pretty much scammed my way through high school.
Speaker 1: Me too high five.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So in high school I didn't get into physics so you could take marine biology instead, so I did. I took marine biology. There is an extra credit policy.
Speaker 1: You told me this. I didn't understand it, so.
Speaker 2: This was the It was a dumb policy, and I took advantage of it. You could bring in as many articles as you wanted.
Speaker 1: Like newspaper clippings, yes, okay, or.
Speaker 2: I mean we had internet at the time, so I would just type in like.
Speaker 1: Fish, what'spaper?
Speaker 2: I would type in like fish, and then I would just you had to summarize the article, and you would get one point per article. So I would bring in at least five to ten articles per day, and then all those extra credit points. I would just fail every test, like literally, I would just put write my name and hand it in. And because I would get at least fifty extra credit points a week, I basically just passed the entire class and didn't have to take the final because I had that much racked up.
Speaker 1: So why wasn't everyone doing this?
Speaker 2: Again? No one was thinking, like me, if there's a loophole, I find it and I expose it.
Speaker 1: Well, don't expose well, first take advantage of it, then expose it when you don't need it.
Speaker 2: I ran that sucker to the ground. They changed it after me. You were only allowed to bring in one article per week because I guess they figured why was people bringing in Like just think about it. In one week, I was getting fifty two one hundred extra credit points.
Speaker 1: And that's just one week. That's insane. Yeah, you would think the teacher would be like something's not right here.
Speaker 2: I don't think she realized it until we were taking like it was time for finals, and I think she went back to her great book and saw like, oh, he got a thirty two.
Speaker 1: On this test.
Speaker 2: He like didn't do this homework or he didn't do that homework. And then all of a sudden, it was like, but yet he doesn't have to take it because he's like the number one student in the class.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm just realizing you moved my entire trash pile there, and now it's a bigger mess than it was. I don't see it underneath your computer. You dragged all my garbage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I needed it.
Speaker 1: But I had a pile of garbage and now it's strewn everywhere.
Speaker 2: Whatever I can really oh, I also had to change. Sorry, just one more.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: When I was I went to three different colleges and I transferred it each one, and my goal going into college was always to graduate early. By the time I got to University of Miami, I had taken way more credits. But University of Miami was trying to tell me that no, I did not take this many credits. I printed out an entire booklet that said no, he did take these courses and had my teachers from past schools also write letters for me, and I got every single credit transferred. They changed that policy after schools.
Speaker 1: Some schools don't transfer.
Speaker 2: Credits no, but I made them so again. If I if I'm told no, I like to say, but how much of like a solid note is it? Because if I could figure out how to sneak my way, and that's why you would be a millionaire on Survivor. Thank you so much, Scotty.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do you know. I have to say, I do agree with the fact that you would be wonderful on that show. I know that I've ribbed you a lot. I should have been wearing my Survivor needs Andrew shirt today thinking I did see it in my closet. I was going to, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: But it's fine, at least as song as you still have it.
Speaker 1: Now we're watching Michelle's season thirty two whatever it is, because we never I honestly don't like the show, but we started watching it and it's kind of okay. Like Cooper was like, oh my god, is Caleb dead, you know, like it was it was. It's okay. It's an okay, show, and I think that you would do great on it. I really do, because you would out smart and outwit and outlast I think again.
Speaker 2: But the thing is I have stupid strength because let me tell you something this last week and I went rafting. Guess who's the only idiot rafting in the whole boat? Me?
Speaker 1: I saw any picture?
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's and that's difficult, by the way, totally side note. In last week's episode of Bowl Chat, yeah, I'm sure some people noticed it was a little bit choppy. There was something wrong with our recording thing over there, and there were glitches in it, so it was skippy right around the blink one eighty two Turque eighty two explanation part, so you may not understand what was going on. I mentioned a Hall and Oates concert and you didn't hear that, And you know, people are like, why did you cut stuff out? There was nothing cut out.
Speaker 2: That's why the video couldn't be uploaded because there's giant splotches in between that. To cut it, it's just annoying.
Speaker 1: So you had all the all the video, but not all the audio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so I have to cut it at specific parts and then it's resinking your voice every time and it's annoying.
Speaker 1: Got it, But you know this one New Day, New Bowl chat. Sure, let's see if this one works. I see it still rolling, but I don't know it could be jumping.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much, Scott. I hope one day you make it onto a game show, another game show, because I know you've made it.
Speaker 1: I got an email to audition for Supermarket Sweep, which that would be my show.
Speaker 2: That would be I again. If you're saying that I would win survivor you would win Supermarket Suite.
Speaker 1: I think Amy and I would be a great team on Supermarket Sweep. Yeah, because we know what the expensive stuff is. People buy dumb stuff that's not really like we could buy lots of little things that are expensive. People throw the big hamhocks and giant things of a detergent and they waste all their space. Go down the Health and Beauty eight aisle. That stuff ten fifteen twenty dollars a package your box and you can throw I.
Speaker 2: Think a clearer still is like fifteen bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well no it's not. But I get it what you're saying. Thanks Scott, No problem, I don't know. I just I never there must be some kind of rules that we don't know about, because people just like grab one thing, Like I would take my arm and just go like this and take the entire shelf of Health and Beauty as because that's where all the expensive stuff is.
Speaker 2: That's like one of my biggest dreams in life would be to like get like a shopping spree someplace. I like a couple of years ago, there was that y one hundred shopping event that the show did, The Morning Show did, and the person they said went to the mall and just literally put their arm out and was just taking entire shelves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the way to do it. You don't just go what I like this, No, when it's a time limit, you grab it. You can't worry about it afterwards.
Speaker 2: The closest I got to that was when the Toys r Us in Times Square was still here and Elvis would let us do the Toys for Tot's thing. That truly I had so much fun, right, had some childhood like glee because that was legit going into a toy store seeing an entire thing of dolls and then being like, well, this is about like, you know, two hundred dollars done into the court. That was so much fun.
Speaker 1: It's always fun when you're using someone else's money.
Speaker 2: Yes, yea, truly nothing better.
Speaker 1: Oh love that. Okay, Well that store's gone and now it's a Krispy Cream I think right, No, it's a gap. It's a gap.
Speaker 2: That's a gap.
Speaker 1: I think it's a gap.
Speaker 2: Now there's a ferris wheel, and I don't know if.
Speaker 1: The ferris wheel still there.
Speaker 2: I hope there's not.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Jeans kakis, boxer shorts. That sucks too big.
Speaker 2: Of a gap. Yeah, I don't think they took the whole store. I mean Time Square could pretty much just they divvied it up. I Time Square is too much for me. It still is too much. I haven't been up that way in quite some time, and not that I'm frightened, but I'm just it sucks because we're moving up toward that way next year, right the radio stations are and I don't know, man, I don't like Midtown there, I said it. I just don't like Midtown. I like it down here. It's quiet. You could go for a walk and it's like calm up there. It's like you open, like you get out of the studio and it's going to be just pandemonium.
Speaker 1: I don't mind being there, but the parking is ridiculous. There's so many people, it's just.
Speaker 2: Going to be terrible.
Speaker 1: I'm not I don't mind the tumult so much. It's just that it's a pain in the ask getting in the tumult tumult what's that? Well, I mean, I guess it's derivative from tumultuous. Huh, which is like craziness. It's craziness. Oh, you know, it's just a lot going on that's tumultuous. Oh and I don't know. Down here is nice, but there's also not a lot going on, which is okay. But there's nowhere to eat. I mean, there are places to eat. Let mean, New York is full of places to eat, but like when we want to order breakfast at six thirty in the morning, there's not a lot of choices down here right now, you know. So, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Whatever, it's just more chains up there.
Speaker 1: I'm fine.
Speaker 2: There's also great restaurants too, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm okay with chains.
Speaker 2: Listen, favorite chain restaurant go.
Speaker 1: Like not fast food, but casual dining. I'm gonna I'm gonna have to say, California Pizza Kitchen your CPK Stan. Well, just because I'm elite, you know, and I just retained my stand is. By the way, it's just a guy that's an average Joe.
Speaker 2: No, no, not even close. Okay, a stand. Do you remember the eminem song Stan?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So do you know how that was like a crazy obsessed cycle fan. Yes, that's what a stand is.
Speaker 1: I'm not a crazy obsessed cycle fan.
Speaker 2: No, you're a CPK Stan, meaning like that's your favorite, so it could be used interchangeable.
Speaker 1: I like Cheesecake Factory a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh say no, Grand Lux Cafe. I need to get there.
Speaker 1: It Lucks is fantastic. They're sister restaurants, I believe.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I've never been to that one.
Speaker 1: Seasons fifty two also is No More, but they're not a lot of those around, And that's that's a sister with Well, it was Red Lobster, but it's not. I don't think there's no It was a sister restaurant of Red Lobster, but then they spun off the Red Lobster and it's not anymore.
Speaker 2: Seasons fifty two is a spin off of Red Los.
Speaker 1: No No, no, No, No, it was the same company. For it was Darden. It's Darden Group, but Darden got rid of Red Lobster. So what they're a big company that owns fifty two I believe it's still Darden, but Darden got rid.
Speaker 2: Of Red Lobster, which also owns what.
Speaker 1: This don't put me on the Chilies? Maybe? No? Is it Chilies?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: No, it's Bahama Breeze. There's a there's a yeah, love Bahama bres. There's a few. There's a few of them that Darden is in the Darten umbrella. I forget what they are. It's I don't think it's I don't think it's Chili's.
Speaker 2: Bahama Breeze is a very underrated chain.
Speaker 1: Well, there aren't too many of them around. I don't think of every The one time we wanted to go, they went out of business.
Speaker 2: The black bean burger at Ahamad Breeze is so freaking good, and they also have the fish bowl drinks that you could split with friends. I don't think you can anymore covid. But before that, their black bean burger is delicious.
Speaker 1: I think Olive Garden is Darden.
Speaker 2: Also see that one not a fan went once?
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 2: Ever need to go to I mean I went once or twice and like, this stuff is frozen. It's just not it's not good.
Speaker 1: If the breadsticks are okay, but they're not sp the cheddar Bay biscuits at Red Lobster, that's the stuff right there, worth it, and in the mix in the store is nothing even close to it.
Speaker 2: I haven't done that one.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: It's not even Yeah, Okay, Chili's will always be my like one of the favorites. Hula Hands.
Speaker 1: Also really low baked potato soup from where Hula Hands.
Speaker 2: I've never had that.
Speaker 1: Shut the hell up. That's a staple there. It's like not getting spinach dip at Houston's. So no matter what, I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know what Houston's is, I have to go. What's Houston's. What what's Houston's. We've been there, we have Yeah, when Houston's fall off the bone, ribs spin a chart to choke dip. I've never been to use in the city.
Speaker 1: It's called Hillstone. It's Hillstone Group and they own Hillstone and Houston's. Have never been to Houston Trust me, when you were in Florida, you've been to Houston's as a show. We went to Houston's.
Speaker 2: I promise you on everything in my life. Okay, I have not been to Houston's. I would like to go.
Speaker 1: That's fine. If you have a Houston's or a Hillstone near you, go and get the spinach dip, even if it's fifty miles away, go and get it.
Speaker 2: I was never a spinach charter choke fan. Me neither, And until I said that, I'm like, I can't know who makes a good one. Don't even tell me they don't Costco. No Costco makes a delicious one.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's really good, but I will say that nothing compares to Houston's. I've had plenty of other spinach charter choke dips that were all copies of Houston's, by the way, but nobody's is like theirs. And we went to the night that they closed New Year's Eve in like twenty eighteen. There was one of Roosevelt Field Mall out by me, and we somehow got in on New Year's Eve like and people were pissed because it was the last night they were open, and everybody wanted to be there, and there were guys yelling. I felt so bad yelling at the hostess and the servers screaming, cursing, bloody murder. But we got in and uh it was a very sad night.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. And this is why I wish we could have callers on this show because I would love to know as a server, not a server, a host.
Speaker 1: A host or hostess.
Speaker 2: Yes, a little cupcakes. Can it be a little flexible? Like meaning if do you have some tables on standby? I feel like they do on your touch screen thing be like and then all of a sudden, like people could just walk in.
Speaker 1: You mean for VIPs like you?
Speaker 2: I mean I was a host. I was a host at a Japanese restaurant for two weeks. I got a job. Everybody in high school had a job except me, and so I was like, oh, I'm going to get a job. Start off saying that I had weight waiter experience. I didn't. So they quickly learned that and they kept me on as a host. And then I was like, actually, I'm gonna need to take off the next month because you know, it's my senior year of high school.
Speaker 1: Never came back, never went back. You as a waiter would remind me of that video I showed you from sesame Street. Remember the chef that stood at the top of the steps with all the cakes to fix your camera lemon meringue, pause, and then he would go six five four three two, you know, and he would fall down the steps.
Speaker 2: This is going to be discussing, but I'm going to admit to it anyway. When I would pick up the miso soup, I didn't have.
Speaker 1: Your thumb was in it, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes, ugh it was. I was a bad waiter. I didn't know how to like. I just wasn't good. It just wasn't good for me. And being being a host was fun because I still got to use the computer. I just wanted to use the computer and input orders.
Speaker 1: I like that, I get it. The only food service I was ever in is I worked in a bagel store. And I think I've been through this story on here and so I don't need to tell it again. But I worked in a bagel store. That's all. I baked bagels. Oh.
Speaker 2: I always thought bagels. I didn't know they were deep fried or fried. They're not boiled, boiled, oiled boiled, they're boiled. And then most if you do it right, I thought they were fried. They're boiled.
Speaker 1: That was it fried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why, just it was. It was a me thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, No, they're they're boiled in a big vat of hot water where you get many many burns in your face, especially when you put your face over it. You're not supposed to do that. And yeah, so we would bake one side of them and then put the toppings on because it would stick to the side that was like still a little bit wet, and then put them back in flip them over. That's yeah, okay, yeah, just saying into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love bagels, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and I don't like everything seasoning that has salt because sometimes it's too salty.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some places make it both ways. Yes, which seems like a lot of effort.
Speaker 2: But good New York and New Jersey really do have the best bagels, like Bar None New York, New Jersey, New York the place by me legit has the best bagels I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you haven't had Long Island bagels, then.
Speaker 2: I have when I was in the Hampton's not Hampton's Greenport area, not out there.
Speaker 1: Remember when I used to bring you Bagel Boss bagels and you're like, oh everything.
Speaker 2: Swberry cream cheese. Though, yeah, next time I come in, can you bring those? I guess I have to get up a little bit earlier and drive a little bit further.
Speaker 1: But for you all do it, I.
Speaker 2: Get you coffe So sometimes when I come in, yeah.
Speaker 1: But you don't have to get up earlier to get me coffee. You just have to add it to the order.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so you're making seem like I do nothing.
Speaker 1: Didn't say that, but I like, I have to step my alarm fifteen minutes earlier, and then I have to go in because there's only like one person working at four o'clock in the morning, and I have to hope that there's not some big slob there ordering eighteen sandwiches. Yeah, can I get a bacon and on? No way? And also I'm like, god, I just want one thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been trying to go to Krispy Kreme in Jersey City that opens at five am. It opens at five am. I've been there in the five o'clock hour before. I don't know what's been going on, but every time I go to get these Krispy creams for Nate because he's requesting Krispy Kremes. I get there and the guy looks at me. He's literally just toodling around on the inside, doing absolutely nothing in the five o'clock hour there and puts up six o'clock. And then I point to the door that says five o'clock, and then he says, six o'clock. Why does your door say five? Why does online say five? Why can I place an order right on the thing? And then you're closed?
Speaker 1: But in his defense, they're probably short staffed. He could be the baker, not the seller, you know. So, yeah, you're right, if it says five, they should open at five. I totally get it. When I opened a store.
Speaker 2: And get there, Yeah, like, I'm not getting there at the crack dawn. Maybe I should be there, although that would be kind of terrifying. And he's standing outside with him walking in, Hey, can I get some donuts?
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's happened, and you know, back to my seventeen sandwiches. Guy like, thank God for the duncan app This is not an ad, but have ads. I would leave my I would leave my house at six at four to ten in the morning, leaving myself an extra two minutes because normally I leave at four twelve, and you know, I would go to the Duncan and I would just medium milk and sugar and it would take me thirty seconds, pay whatever, and I would just pray that there wasn't that guy in front of me that's ordering like, you know, four English muffins, bacon, egg and cheese, and oh can I also get a kulata and make this one? Like I'm like mine will literally take fifteen seconds for the guy to do and there's one person working, and it's so frustrating, and I just leave and have no caffeine for the morning.
Speaker 2: I mean that to me also is why I'm not a big Starbucks fan. I feel like Duncan again, not nad hashtag, Okay, you still don't have sponsors, good enough, but I feel like at a Duncan, what am I getting coffee? Simple? Plain and simple? Like maybe you'll spice it up. They have some cold foam, but you're not going there for like some chai mocha.
Speaker 1: Not really. They're trying, They're trying, they.
Speaker 2: Try, but again it's just a quick pump and it's like, ye take it. Starbucks is like, can I have an iced juju bean coconut? Milk with like a sprinkle of graham cracker. Also, can it be like with skim phone?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, a splash of almond milk?
Speaker 2: Yes, a splash as you like to say.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like.
Speaker 2: To say, oh, yeah, well a splash, which I also despise that word as well. But yeah, it takes forty six hours and then what do I get?
Speaker 1: A seventeen dollars coffee?
Speaker 2: That's it? Yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 1: Starbucks is not my thing. They do have this yogurt thing that I like. Berries. It's got berries and almonds and coconut and stuff. And I looked at the nutrition facts. Should probably not have that or maybe once in a long while, especially since right now Andrew go ahead and make fun of me.
Speaker 2: I'm not because I did a juice cleanse.
Speaker 1: But I started slim Fast yesterday.
Speaker 2: Great, and I've done it probably I don't know five times in my entire life.
Speaker 1: I remember doing it in high school. One time. It was old school with big heavy metal cans and a pull tab on it.
Speaker 2: I remember the slim Fast cans.
Speaker 1: There was Timuless Sword of Days who who? And yeah, so I do it every one every I don't know five to ten years and I'll bang off like six to ten pounds in two weeks. And look, I just want to get out of the club. I wouldn't need to get out of the two hundred club again. And when I started, I was two o three. This morning I was two two. So if I go down a pound a day, that'd be spectacular. You know, shake for breakfast, shake for lunch, and a sensible dinner. But yeah, well no, you're you're allowed too snacks. It says it on there. I know. So this morning I had a cliff bar. That was a snack. That's fine, protein bar. It's okay. And I'll have, you know, a big cup of cherries when I get home. Yeah, it's great, or a nectarine. I'm supporting you during If I want some fuzz, I'll have a peach. I'm I'm supporting you in this journey. You know what I haven't had yet this whole summer. Plum. I love plums so much. I love plums too, but every time I go. First of all, like they say red plums, but I don't think they mean the flesh because I like red, red, red, like I want the flesh to be red. The yellow ones are okay, but I love when it's red inside, the deep red.
Speaker 2: Sweet love that. Again. The problem is I eat these foods and then it really does. You could ask SHACKI the last time I had a plumb, we were playing a board game and my eyes by the end of it were like this, and it was like, everything's fine, everything's fine. I'm just gonna go to bed, and.
Speaker 1: It's just way. Whether it's regular hydrated fruit or dehydrated fruit doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Dehydrated fruit just makes it all scratchy. If I actually, like, if you had a plum right now, and even if you washed it, I don't do well with the skin.
Speaker 1: Ever. How about a prune.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I've ever had a prune. No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you know what a prune is? No to dried plum?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've had a prune.
Speaker 1: Okay. I mean it's notorious for making old people poop, that's right. Yeah, you know, we not old people.
Speaker 2: But I had prune juice when I was having some digestivisions years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I guess prunes are associated with old people, but you don't have to be old to eat them. They're a fun snack anyway. They make them even in single served packages. Have you seen those mouth sunsweet ones? Yeah, they're they're coming little individually wrapped prunes you just throw in your bag and take with you to go prune. Sure, why not? I love that.
Speaker 2: I also like figs, love figs. I am not a fan of figs. I don't like fig spread or fig jelly or fig anything. Well.
Speaker 1: I don't even like fig newtons.
Speaker 2: Our family farm in Italy they like make figs. They make them, well, the trees do, so they have fig farms. And then Minona does like this special thing with the figs. And when we get them, oh my god, they're so freaking good.
Speaker 1: What does she do with them?
Speaker 2: I don't know what she does with these, but she'll like come over with like a bag of figs that I don't know, Maybe she like can't I don't know, if she candies them something, but they're delicious.
Speaker 1: Let me backtrack for a second. I say I don't like figs. I've really never tried anything with fig just because I don't. I think I don't like it. I think I don't like it. Well, like for example, So again not sponsoring this, but we've been making the Hello Fresh mules. Yeah, and there's one that is chicken with fig balsamic sauce or something like that. Delicious to me. See, First of all, I don't like balsamic, I that I know, but the fig may cancel it out. I don't know. I'm not sure. I don't. Maybe I'll just try it and suck it up.
Speaker 2: I have a giant aversion to vinegar. I hate the smell of vinegar. I hate the taste of vinegar. Yeah, I can always sense it, and I hate it so so much. Not a I hate when people clean with white vinegar. Like I don't know, I can walk into a room and immediately just walk right out. I just can't do it. Yeah, I don't know what it is. I just can't.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not good.
Speaker 1: But and I just don't like balsamic on salad. I need a creamy dressing for the most part.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only dressing it doesn't have to be creamy is is there's a Caesar dressing that Fifer makes. Is it Fifer? Yeah? I don't even know if that company is still in business, but it was a salad dressing company, Fiffer, and they had Caesar and it wasn't creamy. It was like almost italiany oily with like stuff in it.
Speaker 2: I just do olive, oil and salt if I don't have anything with salad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a rancher or caesar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, caesar is always good. I love Greek salads though.
Speaker 1: No feta or olives for me, so I'm out.
Speaker 2: Big mistake, huge, big, huge, huge huge.
Speaker 1: Most don't like it that I know I don't like. I've tried both, and I don't like.
Speaker 2: Oh, feta, I think is one of the best cheese.
Speaker 1: We'll say everything's better with it, but it ain't.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. When it's hot and you put honey on it, all goat cheese.
Speaker 1: I don't like any of that stuff. Ever since blue cheese.
Speaker 2: Found out I was Greek, I feel a closer connection to feta cheese, and I think maybe that's why I like it so much. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember one time when I first started eating creamy dressings and I liked ranch. I was at a place to that we don't have any ranch left, but we have blue cheese, and I was like, okay, She's like, it's the same thing. I said, Okay, it's not the same thing. I don't like blue cheese dressing. I don't like blue cheese crumbles. I don't like any of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blue cheese, O god cheese. No, no, no, this podcasts can end right now because you will not speak on Breez's name like that. Brie is a phenomenal cheese. Everything about bree is so freaking good. I'm actually getting the huzz talking about it. I don't like it. I might go home, go to the local cheese shop and go buy some brie because it's that good.
Speaker 1: Speaking of cheese, a friend of ours just had a half wheel of Pecorino romano. Is a Pecorino romano, I guess, yeah, yeah, yea Palmisano reggiano imported from Italy. Yeah, through some cheese importers, and we got a two pound hunk of Italy All the time I've had it before. This is not new to me. But I'm just saying it's so good that you just sit and eat hunks of it. That might be my sensible snack today? Is that sensible? It is?
Speaker 2: Actually, cheese is a big one. Cheese is pretty good if you just That's why they make them in the grocery store. The little cheese snack packs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're really.
Speaker 2: It's not bad for you. You think it's bad for you.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's bad for me. I love cheese.
Speaker 2: Have you ever done you know what?
Speaker 1: Right now? I have the hanker for a hunka I can't. You don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Hunk a bunk of crunch. No, it was a commercial. It was like a PSA from the eighties, a hanker for a hunk of cheese. That guy, the cheese wheel guy.
Speaker 1: I do. Actually, it was always on during like, Oh, what the hell was that show? Why can't I think of it? It's just a bill on Capitol Hill? Oh, A School of Rock, school House Rock. It was always a commercial during Schoolhouse Rock because I think the same animator they made the hanker for a hunk of guy was the Schoolhouse Rock animator. Huh so it looked very similar. That was a fun time for PSA's and commercial and stuff. Smokey Bear, they don't do them anymore, Woodsy owl over. Those guys give a hoot. Don't pollute?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Actually, you give a hoot.
Speaker 2: I do. I don't pollute.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: They don't do PSAs anymore. Now if they do, they're just like they done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't. They don't do fun stuff.
Speaker 2: No cartoons, I feel like, Nah, cartoons probably don't really make the point.
Speaker 1: But no, they do because I remember them as a kid. You remember that stuff?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: Be like me. You plant a tree? Right?
Speaker 2: Wait? Are you gonna put honey on your parmesan?
Speaker 1: Okay, see here's now. I love honey. Yeah, but I think that's weird. Have you ever done it? I haven't, Scottie, I'm telling you, Parmesan and honey is truly one of the most iconic collaborative I just put it on a trisc it.
Speaker 2: No, even better because you get the saltiness of the triscke it a little bit of salty from them.
Speaker 1: I do the light salt, though, I do the lightly salted one.
Speaker 2: Scottie, please pinch of salt. Please when you go home, do yourself a favor. Parmesan trisk it, a little bit of honey.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think all that is a sensible snack. It is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, honey isn't doing anything bad? Is it? Natural sweeteners?
Speaker 1: Andrew, I will open up the cabinet and take the honeybear and just drink it. I'll pour it into my mouth.
Speaker 2: Please, please, please, please promise me you'll have a trisk it with parmesan and honey today.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will. It sounds weird, but I'll try it.
Speaker 2: It's so good.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get the taste in my mouth right now, and it's just a weird It's like a salty sweet. But the cheese doesn't fit in there.
Speaker 2: Yes it does. That's the salty.
Speaker 1: No, the trisk get's the salty.
Speaker 2: The cheese is also salty. Okay, it's good.
Speaker 1: That cheese has a little bit of a crunch to it too, which is weird. What is crunching? What is in that cheese that's crunching?
Speaker 2: I feel like maybe it's been explained to me what it is before. It's there something I don't know. Basically, once you figure out that cheese is.
Speaker 1: Just mold, yeah you know. Yeah, Yeah, it's all the that's cool, it's all the same. We really talked about a whole lot of nothing here.
Speaker 2: We talked about cheeses, we talked about chain restaurants. What else did we talk about?
Speaker 1: Slim Fast?
Speaker 2: Slim Fast? Yeah, this was a fun episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just think it was just okay, but that's fine. Oh that reminds us are t shirt.
Speaker 2: Powing on a podcast in the middle of recording the podcast.
Speaker 1: We don't have any bowl Chat T shirts, but we do have serial Killers T shirts available right now if you go to serial killerspc dot com click on the merch store. It's a very very limited run, like literally, forty eight shirts is all we had made, and you can get one now before they're gone.
Speaker 2: And who knows if they go out, maybe we'll restock with fun new shirts soon, like a hashtag team Andy or hashtag team Scott shirt.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about that, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they listened to this podcast, but thank you Rose and Cereal Bros. Yeah, because they each bought one and you guys are awesome. You're the first two. Yeah, so thanks whoo anything else? Andy, No, I think that's it for me. Okay, thank you for listening to bowl Chat, the sister podcast to Serial Killers. That's the podcast where we eat and talk about cereal.
Speaker 2: Yes, make sure you listen every Monday for serial Killers and every Wednesday for bull.
Speaker 1: Chat when we remember to do it. Because we almost didn't have this one. This one almost didn't happen. It did, Okay.
Speaker 2: I came in with like at five o'clock this morning with the hopes that I was going to record after ten. It's never me, always you.
Speaker 1: And again this is a fresh episode as we recorded it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Shout the oven. Yes, okay, thank you for listening to Bold Chat. I'm gonna over here get the bowl so we can click away. How long was this episode.
Speaker 1: Well, thirty five minutes, but there might also be some glitches in the middle. So if it's not thirty four in change right now, then there might have been a glitch.
Speaker 2: We have to figure out how we can get people to like call in or something, because I feel like when we were talking about chain restaurants, I would have loved to have like picked up a phone and said, Hey, what chain restaurant do you like?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they can DM us their phone number and a topic. Yeah, we can call them on it.
Speaker 2: I love that. Okay, that's TBD. We're gonna figure this.
Speaker 1: We got to figure the phones out. It wasn't working last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you for listening to Bowl Chat. Until we see you on Monday and then again on Wednesday. Say clink, Andrew click clink. But this is our Lenny mud Bowl by the way. Oh yeah see look Lenny mud USA.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah yeah, still waiting on them to get those serial killer balls. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This one says you rule. You're brilliant, you're incredible. Everyone loves you.
Speaker 2: I'm legit about of my pants. I'm legit about the P and my pants.
Speaker 1: I gotta go Okay,