Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast do.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Delilah. You know why I love.
Speaker 1: Doing these podcasts because we can mash up some of the best calls that I've taken recently and share them back with you. So come on in and enjoy today's edition of Hey It's Delilah Brook.
Speaker 2: This is Delilah. What can I do for you?
Speaker 3: I was thinking about my husband.
Speaker 2: Tell me about Hobby.
Speaker 3: We had reunited. I got brave, took a risk in founding Ever since then, you know, we just fell together and now we're married and have a family.
Speaker 4: Now you say you got brave and found him. How did you find him?
Speaker 3: Oh, just I made some phone calls to people that I knew that you know, would be able to get hold of his family, and so I found the right family member to give me his home number.
Speaker 4: So basically, you played private detective and you tracked him down.
Speaker 3: I did, I did, and you start.
Speaker 2: Gets it was a kind way of stalking him kind.
Speaker 3: Of after four years.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: You thought you were a little pi doing little undercover work, and that didn't bother him.
Speaker 3: No, he was very excited when he got the first phone call. He was at a friend's house and his mom had called him and said, you have a phone call coming in long distance. He rushed home, and you know, from that phone call when we first talked, it's just it's been great. We've been together all the time, and it just really makes it special now because he went out of town with my dad and and it just it took the right time, you know, to let him know that I was thinking about.
Speaker 4: Him and now you're together. And how many children do I hear in the background brook three?
Speaker 2: So once you found him, you didn't waste any time. We didn't let me find a song for you.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Delilah, Chris, Hi, thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: This is Delilah. What can I do for you?
Speaker 5: Hey, how are you doing tonight?
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just wanted to call him and say I love your show. And uh, I guess my ex girlfriend loved it too. She just moved away about a month or two month and a half ago, actually, And uh, I don't know, just like listening to your show about I called say hi, and uh, I don't know. I just missed her a whole lot, unless you'd play something from me to her. I guess I doubt where she's at she'd hear it, But I guess.
Speaker 2: You never know, so maybe her heart will Chris, what's her name?
Speaker 5: Brandy?
Speaker 2: So what happened to you and Brandy?
Speaker 5: Well, she's got a job offering and decided to take it. So I didn't really decide to do the long distance thing because we've both done that in previous relationships and didn't work out. And it's so far away that we just decided to call quits. I guess, so, how old are you? Twenty three?
Speaker 2: You're old enough to maintain a long distance relationship.
Speaker 4: That's why God invented the internet for goodness sake, I guess.
Speaker 5: So, But I guess that's the way it happened. And here I am. But things are going better, I guess you know as time time goes by.
Speaker 4: So well, let me see what I can do to help you feel a little peace in your heart. No song is going to make you feel peace, Chris. Let's be honest.
Speaker 6: You're right. Any song I.
Speaker 4: Play, if it's about love, is going to make you feel worse because you love her and you're in love with her, and you want to be with her, and you want to kiss her face, and you want to hold her time.
Speaker 5: You have no idea?
Speaker 2: Oh oh yes, but I do.
Speaker 5: By far the most amazing person and girlfriends. Ever, it's going to be hard to find anyone to top that, I guess, but and.
Speaker 4: I know that feeling too. Let me play a song for you. Honey, Hi, good evening.
Speaker 2: Who's this Hi?
Speaker 6: My name is Angie.
Speaker 4: Hi Angie, thank you for calling tonight. What can I do for you?
Speaker 6: You know, I'd like to dedicate a song to my husband. I only see him on the weekends because of where I work, And if you could just find a little something say how much I miss him and love him and the time we spend is precious.
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 6: His name is John.
Speaker 2: So he works away during the week, or you do.
Speaker 6: I work away during a week. He's in the middle of putting together a home for us. He's a matter of fact, he's right now refloring.
Speaker 2: The title he's doing what.
Speaker 6: He's reflooring the kitchen floor.
Speaker 2: He's re flooring the tile or retiled retiling. Yeah, the floor.
Speaker 6: I don't like.
Speaker 2: Are you a little nervous here, baby?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's listening to the radio as we speak, and I'm in the back.
Speaker 4: So are these like the tiles that you have to put the grout down and everything for?
Speaker 6: He even has to cut the tile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the hope it Oh, wow, with the saw that you got to use the water and stay outside and the dust flies.
Speaker 6: Actually he's just staying in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: He's cutting them in the kitchen.
Speaker 6: He's cutting them in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: But he's working hard. And like I said, we only see each other on the weekend.
Speaker 2: And then when you do see each other, you're, you know, cutting tile.
Speaker 6: We're putting together the house. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So is this a new house or a fixer upper?
Speaker 6: No, it's a new house.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 6: We just want a tile and that's what he's working on.
Speaker 2: I will play a song for your handyman.
Speaker 6: Thank you, dear, you're a blessing.
Speaker 2: Hi, thank you for calling. Who's on the phone line with me.
Speaker 7: My name's Tristan.
Speaker 2: Tristan, welcome, I'm Delilah. What can I do for you?
Speaker 7: Well, I was wanting to dedicate a song to my sister.
Speaker 4: What's your sister's name, Jacqueline, Tell me about your sister.
Speaker 7: She's great, We're really close. She moved out and I kind of miss her.
Speaker 2: How old are you? I'm eighteen and your sister.
Speaker 7: She is twenty two.
Speaker 4: And she moved out into her own place and with her sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Where did she move to?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: She moved out with her with her boyfriend and his grandma. They live thirty minutes away.
Speaker 4: So that thirty minutes isn't that far, but it feels like forever when you're used to seeing her every day.
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And what do you love most about your sister? If you were to pick one or two qualities? Like is she funny? Is she jerky? Is she silly? Is she sweet?
Speaker 7: She's very kirky. And he's always there when I need her?
Speaker 2: So she's not just your sister, she's your ally and your friend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean where you've had our share of fights.
Speaker 2: So who's the more hard headed of the two of you?
Speaker 7: Oh, that would definitely be me.
Speaker 4: Who is the more impetuous? Who tends to get in trouble?
Speaker 2: More?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 7: Yes, he can be a little over dramatic at times.
Speaker 4: Does her boyfriend know this? Is he aware of that yet? Or is he going to find it out.
Speaker 2: The hard way?
Speaker 7: He's aware of it all.
Speaker 2: Right, and he still loves her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you like him? Is he good to your sister?
Speaker 7: Oh? Yes, yes, definitely.
Speaker 1: I still hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah