Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Geddy. Do you have that Hitler thing handy.
Speaker 3: I just came across Bill Mlusian laying out the two Portland people that got shot by DHS yesterday with their background.
Speaker 2: Is the married couple, uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, portrayed in the news as a young married couple shot by DHS.
Speaker 2: I'm like the Maryland father and little league coach.
Speaker 3: Now, regardless of what you are, until you're proven guilty, you know, or even when you are proven guilty, they don't just get to shoot you.
Speaker 2: But you know, he's still an idiot.
Speaker 3: But but the media going out of their way to give everything many to sympathetic.
Speaker 2: Sheen whenever starting goes wrong.
Speaker 4: Here's how ABC News would have reported the end of World War Two. The American forces surrounded the home of the vegetarian Austrian artist and his newlywed bride and so terrorized them that they were forced to commit suicide.
Speaker 2: Wow, and they had just gotten married. That is so sad. Well, they men with guns.
Speaker 4: They were running around the streets of Berlin, and this poor vegetarian Austrian artist who is described as very, very gentle, was terrorized into killing himself.
Speaker 2: Loved dogs and children. He did, he actually did. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I try not to over sell things. I undersell them. But I was reading through the list of band names from last year that Mary and the Hoe has compiled, and I had tears in my eyes, could couldn't stop giggling. So stay tuned for that a little later on in the hour, plus the lifelong farmer running as a Democrat for the Senate in Arkansas, what her life has really been? Stay with us first, though it's the Friday tradition, let's take on look back at the week there was.
Speaker 2: It's cowclipse of the week.
Speaker 5: The United States Armed Forces conducted an extraordinary military operation in the capital of Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Operation Absolute Resolve. This was an audacious operation. And you know he's a violent guy.
Speaker 4: He gets up there and he tries to imitate my dance a little bit.
Speaker 2: Nicholas Muduro had his chance. He left around and he found out.
Speaker 1: Alone and protesters taking to the streets of their country.
Speaker 5: And I have let them know that if they start killing people, which they tend to do during their riots.
Speaker 2: They have lots of riots. If they do it, we're going to hit them very hard.
Speaker 4: Nobody's going to fight the United States militarily over the future of Greenlands.
Speaker 2: One last question, see you make you son? It was an active domestic terrorism.
Speaker 4: I want to tell everybody directly that is both.
Speaker 2: So it looked like she was impeding ice vehicles. Definitely, Yeah, that was her goal. There are agents of law enforcement.
Speaker 6: If you box them in with vehicles, it is reasonable for them to believe that they are being ambushed. Note that law enforcement professionals, real ones, not the fate made of ice, probably trumps a new army to attack citizens of the United States.
Speaker 2: Did you hear what I said?
Speaker 5: And I have a message for Ice to Ice, get the fuck out of Minneapolis.
Speaker 7: We will replace the frigidity of rugged individualism with the warmth of collectivism.
Speaker 3: Families, especially white families, but some pot family two her homeowners as well, are going to have a different relationship to property than the one that we currently have.
Speaker 2: I want you to give me one example of socialism. You think working well somewhere. I think of Cuba in particular.
Speaker 5: What you get, what a great day it is going to be it's clips of the week, man, I hope we don't keep up this pace for fifty two weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that whole Philadelphia shareff lady saying that if Ice tries to conduct operations in Philadelphia, she'll arrest them.
Speaker 3: How about her calling Ice Trump's personal fake army army?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's nice. That's nice. Oh we got a minute here, so why don't I go ahead and pay this off? Hallie Sheofner is running for Senate in Arkansas.
Speaker 2: US Senate. Yeah, US Senate. Yeah.
Speaker 4: She's a lifelong farmer who didn't have plan for run for office. She my whole life, I've been a ris and soybean farmer, she says in her campaign video. She's not a politician. She's not much for political parties. She never run for office in her life. The only thing Hallie ever wanted to do was farm. We campaign farm, that's right mit Her campaign site read well. She did grow up in her family's farm in eastern Arkansas, but at the first possible minute, she headed off to grad school at the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service, where she was.
Speaker 2: Drawn to activism. Left wing activism.
Speaker 4: She developed fundraising strategies for prom Sex, a Soros funded social justice nonprofit in Peru, and a since deleted blog posts she touted marching in front of Lima's ninth annual gay Pride Parade, which the nonprofit funded. What's celebrating being gay, lesbian, transsexual, bisexual, et cetera.
Speaker 2: What's the prom sex thing?
Speaker 4: That's probably Spanish has like yeah right. She went on to serve as executive director of sace Point is, an Arkansas nonprofit that helps illegal immigrants navigate US government systems.
Speaker 2: Get some lawyers at Center.
Speaker 4: After a stint as the deputy campaign manager of a Democratic state legislature's unsuccessful campaign from Ayrea Littl a Little Rock, she joined an advertising in public public relations agency in twenty thirteen and has been doing that for the past a dozen years.
Speaker 2: But around that time.
Speaker 4: She started working with a local marketing firm to build a new personal brand, farm her Halle and they're portraying her as a lifelong farmer. There she is in her workshirt. She never wanted to do anything but farm. Her blogs, meanwhile, featured headlines like what to do about climate anxiety and I'm a big agg farmer and I advocate for climate action all right, okay, fine, that's the state of politics these days. But you know that's what you're doing. You're selling a TV character.
Speaker 3: One of the best things you could do for climate we've been saying for some time is nuclear power. Well, Mark Zuckerberg's Meta just made the biggest private purchase of nuclear power ever. They think he signed these contracts to buy a whole bunch of nuclear power from a couple of different power companies in the country, nuclear plants, because he needs to be able to fuel his AI ambitions. Yes, nukes, Yes, that's interesting. How are you doing on Quitter's Day? That's what they call January ninth. That is the typical day that people have given up their.
Speaker 2: New Year's resolution.
Speaker 3: By January ninth, I have not had a dessert or a suite, and I've been in the gym every day. So so far, so good. Although it is every day, look at you, very early going model for mankind. It helps that I can walk to the gym quite easily. That makes a huge difference. That hasn't helped me. Quitter's Day, January ninth. People don't make it very long then with their New Year's resolutions. I mean a week and two days is not very long. She didn't natch longer than that.
Speaker 4: We committed to two weeks of a dry January, and anyway in sea elgoes after that, see what we think. But I said to her yesterday, I said, you know, today's the first day. It was kind of a long, crappy day. I said, you know, today's first day. I thought, you know, a nice scotch S would be good to unwined with. She said, well, we made it a week we could. And I'm like, wait about it. Now, you're the disciplined one. No, you're not allowed to say that. I'm the winer.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard as much about dry January this year as I normally do. I wonder if it's because drinking's down among certain crowds, so that you don't need to do dry January if you're not drinking well. And I remember that, you know, Dry January last year was joined by sober October after dry January, and I have no brewery and then dryerch then Lamebril. How about no fun June or something like that name no drinking. Yeah, so you're doing two weeks again. I haven't heard as much about it this year. I thought, a dry January has been really big for quite a few years.
Speaker 2: Now, I would degree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A handful of my friends have mentioned that they too are.
Speaker 2: Doing it, earliest part of it.
Speaker 4: You know, as a guy who drinks, it's good to reset every so often for a number of reasons.
Speaker 2: Number one, is good for your body.
Speaker 4: Number two, I am bad at relaxing unless I have a drink. I'm also aware that it is the greatest boredom reliever on earth. And instead of maybe reaching for the sketch, maybe I do something worth doing. Is the conversation I've had with myself, particularly in the evenings.
Speaker 2: So it's good reset for me speaking for myself.
Speaker 3: Well, and for average normal drinkers. Though you go through that couple period there Thanksgiving through Christmas, there's just so many more opportunities to drink. It's definitely easy to same with with calories or anything else. Just get off your norm right right that those.
Speaker 4: People, I don't know what their lives are like, people who like only drink it occasions and stuff.
Speaker 2: But as supposed to home alone muttering to yourself angrily in the dark.
Speaker 3: Yes. According to The New York Times, the top stuff at the Consumer Electronics Show they're actually pretty interesting. I've read it over already, and then we've got our end of the year list that we should have done on the last show of the year but did not.
Speaker 2: We're going to do them today, so stay tuned.
Speaker 3: I was looking over the stuff they like at the Consumer Electronics Show and they're just showing a couple of speakers they like, and reminded me yesterday my son and I were driving around in his truck, his old truck that he's got that the radio doesn't work in it, so he brings his little portable speaker and say that sit on the seat and plays it off his phone, and that thing sounds better than any car stereo I ever had in any car.
Speaker 2: For like until I was like forty.
Speaker 3: The technology of little speakers has gotten so good it's amazing, and they don't have to be expensive.
Speaker 2: I got one at Target last year, this tiny little one. It was like twenty eight bucks. Sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they've done this, but that's one of the great leap forwards in technology, no doubt. Algorithms must must be. The Consumer Electronics Show is going on right now. We talked a little bit ago about the new York Times said twenty twenty six is a year of the bad robot at the ceeshich is all kinds of robots not quite doing what they claim they're going to be able to do, or doing things you can you know, why do you need them? Like the one that plays table tennis with you? But I'm sure they're going to get better, but we're not there yet. One of the things they really really liked something called clicks Communicator. It looks like a BlackBerry with a slightly bigger screen than blackberries used to have for people who miss the physical keyboard and would like to have a screen that isn't actively trying to waste your time.
Speaker 2: I find that interesting. So you feel.
Speaker 3: Like, like the same reason I don't want to keep cookies in the house because I'll eat them. You think if you got a smaller screen where it's not that enjoyable to look at it, you'll look at it less, right.
Speaker 4: I get it all the communication function when you need to communicate without the hey hey, but a little entertainment, a little distraction, a little indoor for the little entertainment.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, come on, wonder what's going on over YouTube? Anyway?
Speaker 3: They really liked this phone. I thought that was a good idea. A stair climbing robot vacuum that is basically, you know, like a roomba sort of thing, but it can go up and downstairs and clean the stairs, which, as it points out, is one of the most annoying things you ever do in life, is vacuuming stairs.
Speaker 4: I have two questions, how much and where do I buy one? And I don't care about the first question.
Speaker 3: Released and priced to be announced. But it's the robot now robo back, no kidding. When I used to do this, like for my mom, the vacuuming stairs. Why is that so hard? You gotta carry it up and down. It's too wide to fit on the stair.
Speaker 2: It's just weird. You gotta go horizontal, and then you turn it vertical.
Speaker 4: To do the edges, and then you've got the never mind the rise, the vertical thing between the stairs. If you've got carpet on there, it gets nasty. Yeah, you gotta. Then you gotta twist the thing sideways and it's time consumed.
Speaker 3: Anyway, this thing looks pretty cool. It's got legs on it and it just fits on your stairs. I like the sound of this LG has debuted their wallpaper TV. They've had this for several years, but this is the first year. Like it's actual usable, good quality. It's a third of an inch thick, that's what they call it. Why they call it wallpaper? I mean that's hardly anything. And it's four k old TV that sits flush against the wall and he looks fantastic.
Speaker 2: So that's pretty cool, like the sound of that. Again.
Speaker 3: Price and release date to be announced. A number of different lamps that are supposed to be good for you. Is or the thing that kind of looks like a small version of the sun and changes the kind of light it has throughout the day. It's got blue light in the morning to help wake you up, and then it switches to the kind of light that will help you get to sleep later in the day. Sounds kind of cool, not super expensive. A lot of people have talking about Legos for the first time ever. Have made a major change and now they have little smart blocks that light up and stuff. If your kids dig that, they dig that well.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably every bit as much for your twenty somethings and the expensive adult Legos.
Speaker 3: All right to you weirdos who are still doing Legos when you're doing eight years old. Listen to Judging Je damn right, I'm Judge Jo Johnson.
Speaker 2: I calm down activity nice hobby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, ladies, you walk into the house and he's got a giant eight hundred dollars Lego Starship Enterprise.
Speaker 2: You ain't having kids with this, dude, Turn around, walk out. Yeah, you're right. Kind of like this sound less, I'm splintering. It's funny.
Speaker 3: There are several products on here that are basically trying to get you away from your smartphone. So here's a sleep tracking podcast playing sunrise alarm clock that isn't your phone, so it does all the things your phone does for you in bed. Why you keep it near you? My iPhone's my alarm clock, My iPhone is my podcast. My iPhone is a number of different things letting me know the weather. This thing does all those things but doesn't have the screen. So you can keep your iPhone, keep your phone plugged into the kitchen, have this thing in your bedroom. You won't be tempted to look at the screen. It's interesting that people are making devices that make it somewhat more difficult to use your favorite device. You waste the most time on Yeah, because we all kind of want the discipline but can't do it ourselves.
Speaker 2: I find that unique. I wonder if that's ever happened before.
Speaker 4: Well, and I think, and I'm heartened to hear the awareness of the downside of smartphones and social media are becoming more and more obvious to people.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: The best robot lawnmower that has ever been debuted was debuted. We've talked about this a little bit, The robo Rock once again coming through as a company. It uses lidar like some of your best self driving cars do, to go around your lawn and theory not run over your cat and shredded into tiny pieces, or take your feet up, hat.
Speaker 2: On to get out of the way. Exactly.
Speaker 3: It's on the cat, just like that lady in Minneapolis, get out, you know, y, don't put yourself in that position, put yourself in a bad position. And a couple more smart rings popular. Smart rings still be popular, fitbits, that sort of thing thing wearables as have been popular for several years.
Speaker 8: Yes, Katie, I just I just read an article about how those sleep tracker rings are causing people to stress out so much about their sleep that they're losing sleep.
Speaker 3: I've heard about that too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy, do you have any interest in the innermuro fighting between the Tucker Carlson's and Meghan Kelly's and Ben Shapiro's and all those different people and a lot of them whom we used to be friends and now saying bad things about Himsel Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Pay a little attention to it. Tucker's very online, but it's interesting. Yeah, Tucker put.
Speaker 3: A big video out where he's playing clips of Shapiro and Mark Levin and Megan Kelly and then criticizing Bubba.
Speaker 2: I might watch that today.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I saw Mark Levin take a shot at Meghan Kelly and Tucker at one point.
Speaker 3: Oh, and then the best one if you want to get way out to the crazies, Candice And what's his name? Who's for flum reason? I can't ever remember his name? The Jen Mevils Jones Alex Jones. That isn't that weird that I've got a mental block with his name.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Alex Jones and Cannis Owns turned on each other and it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: But more on that next week.
Speaker 4: Need to get into this, so usually on the last show of the year. While we're doing the clips of the year, we also do the various lists that Mary in San Jose affectionately known as Mary in the Hoe compiles, including the band names we came up with, et cetera. And I forgot to look for it in our giant stack of email, and sure enough we forgot to do it. So we're gonna do it now quick aside her ps to my apology that we didn't do it, says a friend of mine, who, unbeknownst to me, also listens to the show figure out that I am Mary in the Hoe. So shout out to Sam for being quite the detective and putting all the pieces together.
Speaker 2: Was pretty wild.
Speaker 4: When someone irl as the kid say, ask me, does the name Mary in the Hoe mean anything to you?
Speaker 2: That's fantastic. Yeah. It was like a spy movie or something like that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, So here are the band names we came up with in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: And by the bye, just.
Speaker 4: Personal note, we more than occasionally get an email guys, you missed a good band name yesterday.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Speaking for myself, I didn't miss it. I just picked my spots Anyway, here are the band names we came up with in twenty twenty five. Plague of the Killer Squirrels, Nuisance Beavers, that's a good one, glitter Beard. They play YMCA a lot. Oh, and the notes are things we said at the time that Erry dutifully Johnstown, the Beavers of Prague. You smoke dope and follow them around, even if they go to Moscow to play Squealing corn Pigs, Masculinist, Orgy of war. Katie saw them at the warfield. I guess she said, Belgrade sound cannon t you want to runoff flaming puppies. That's my punk band that never got a record deal. Chinatown Paintbrush, Remote Control Dogs.
Speaker 2: Chinatown paint Brush.
Speaker 3: Always whenever I hear things, I think, I wonder what were we talking about?
Speaker 2: What was in the news that caused this to happen? Well, right, right right, And some of these actually are really good band names.
Speaker 4: Remote Control Dogs, the Generous Teat, Meth Pipe Raccoons, Cameroon Puppies.
Speaker 2: They're good, but so loud.
Speaker 4: Bring your plugs, Screen Wieners, Cesspool of Debauchery. Jack's going to see them Friday, Shabby Hags, Ambiguous Genitalia. Docker Chubbies. That's my yacht rock band that's booked through the end of the year because people love the.
Speaker 3: Hot rock Docker Chubbies. That doesn't seem like the right name for that kind of music.
Speaker 2: I think it's perfect.
Speaker 4: Robot Wolves Vultures of Exploitation, Fat Admirals. Hansen designed a logo for the Fat Admiral Let's see the coughing Monkeys. Jack's new band that plays at eight o'clock on Monday. Japanese bear attack my band, and the logo is a samurai wielding his sword in defense. Appit the spar Tech Pig Kidney Photo Dogs. Oh, I'm sorry, Proto Dogs, which is a good name. I would use that name for a band. And Exploding Lung my heavy metal band.
Speaker 3: Then then there's heavy music if your name is Exploding Lungs.
Speaker 2: No kidding.
Speaker 4: Book titles Valerian Root, that's my spy novel, Too Old for Toast, the sad final chapter of Jack's book, The Bulk of America, my book about the obesip obesity epidemic, Shooting for a Bee, the Jack Armstrong story, and focus try to focus the Joe Getty story, which of course would be ghost written, I can't and then uh, let's see, there's never been a moment in my life that I haven't wanted to lie down Katie's memoir, which is actually a quote from Eric Clapton, Right Jack, I Think so yeah from back in the Day. And mediocrity Like a warm Bath. Michaelangelow's autobiography album titles all about Tariffs, Joe's concept album that he's working on with Beyonce, Drag Queen Meteor, Katie's new album First One, Nuke the Moon, and Springboard to the Stars. Song titles Dancing Close to a King, my since Sam single that Trump next Week, Okay. Original air names we came up with included or acclaimed that were our original air names. Deranged and problematic, checkered by failure of The Armstrong and Getty Show, imperious and condescending, Bruise, Denwsing, Bedlam and Squalor we got good ratings and driven by humiliation, The Armstrong Getta Show, Miscellaneous, Judge Jack in Medieval Justice, his Midday Judge Show, Funky Url, Jack's rap stage name acts, Murdering Perverts, my b movie from my film producing days, Oh Boy, oh Man, Weezy lungs, my jazz Weezy Lungs is my jazz solo stage name, Golden Muscles, my nickname, and color a world without Lettuce, Jack's one man play that never caught on. I'll refer to myself, Joe and the third person because it's funnier. Little Jiggles Joe's drag queen name when he reads to children libraries. Jiggles Good Lord, Departure to Hell, Joe's screenplay about travel horrors, p Doom, Joe's rap name, and Chee Chee's Palace Joe's chimpsitcom for the Monkey, has a couple of drinks every day.
Speaker 2: Oh my God.
Speaker 4: And then ladies and gentlemen, brace yourself. I'm gonna go quickly here. Mary and San Jose compiled all of these things. Jack says he has never done in the year twenty twenty five. Never seen band of brothers. Never heard the medical term tid.
Speaker 2: I think it's tia, isn't it. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Never had a hot or cold pastrami sandwich true. Never heard one person in his life growing up even mentioned but straw me sand witch.
Speaker 2: I Never, that's true.
Speaker 4: Never had strawberry ice cream, No call the police. Never been in a room with two people like Elon and Vivek. Never been to a Super Bowl, Never been to the Louver. You have been to the Louver, haven't you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: That's one big museum in the world I haven't been to. Never wanted to stand in line to see the mona Lisa. Never saw shawshank Redemption, but.
Speaker 2: He finally saw it. I did That's correct? That off the list. Did you like it?
Speaker 4: Uh, yeah, it's pretty powerful, obviously. Never shoplifted. Never heard of chilula hot sauce, and neither had Michael. Never had burned his tongue on a lava cake. Never had a chicken bacon garlic pizza. Never understood texture as a concept in food. Never had a file of fish, Never looked at the AG website. Never seen a minute of Game of Thrones, never seen a second of Yellowstone, Never done a crunch, Never seen the inside of an iPhone.
Speaker 2: Pretty obvious. I've never done a crunch.
Speaker 4: You've never been on a cruise, Never wanted to take off his shoes on an airplane. Never read the Cane Mutiny, never had a strawberry milkshake, never been to France, never went to Paris, never seen an OnlyFans account, never seen a regular movie in Imax, never done paintball, never driven a Ferrari, never gotten down to one peg on the Wooden Triangle game at Cracker Barrel Still, never had taco bell, never flown Spirit Airlines, never paid for landscaping, never had a pap smear, never beling on Blue Sky, never craved a vegetable, never used peppermint as an illness remedy, never been to a protest, never had a Chando's Taco, Never used a coaster, never saw the West.
Speaker 3: Wing, never saw a Game of Thrones. I've never used a coaster. No, I haven't done, and he's never had a pap smear.
Speaker 4: Jack, I thought I was boring, but you're really boring, taking a chance with your health.
Speaker 3: And finally or even heard anybody mention a Pastrawmi sandwich in my life, which is grown up?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Things that were revealed about Gladys last year. Right, it's a fairly shortish list, but well worth sharing. She renewed her contract when Jack and Joe did. Her new deal requires her to show up for the podcast. Also missed to day when she got eye surgery. Her glasses got too thick, she couldn't hold her head up. Went to school in a horse drawn carriage. Had to make a list of five things.
Speaker 2: Who was this?
Speaker 4: Elon Musk insisted that everybody in the government make a list of the five things they'd done to that's by their job anyway. So here's one of the things we learned about Gladys. Our harpist had to make a list of five things she did last week, and all five were I played the harp while someone was reminiscing.
Speaker 2: That's true. So it's true.
Speaker 4: Used to play the pipe organ in the polo grounds when Willie May's made the catch. Let's see, she's been very shy ever since the kaiser dumped her. And finally she played the snare drum when the troops came home in nineteen eighteen.
Speaker 2: That's true. Fantastic you Mary in the home. Thank you, Gladys. Never mind a T shirt, we should send her a car. Yeah, that was very nice you to do that for us. Oh my god, I got tears in my eyes. That list is always surprising to me, and I'm me of things I've never done, but it's a.
Speaker 3: I suppose I could come up with my own, but there aren't. I don't think there's that many.
Speaker 2: Man. I'm certainly I'm more rigid than your average person.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, we will finish strong.
Speaker 2: We promised next farm strong.
Speaker 6: And yet.
Speaker 9: I don't have an aversion of chewing, but I have an aversion to the weird textures that come with food. I do not see snorting my food as a problem. I think it has a lot of benefits, no risk of choking.
Speaker 2: I don't overeat.
Speaker 9: I consume less calories. I have had bloody noses about once or twice, and that was more at the beginning. It has really no drawbacks except nobody accepts my habit. Nobody accepts me for.
Speaker 4: Who I am.
Speaker 3: It's from the television show My Strange Addiction. A woman who snorts her food rather than swallowing it. I don't know how you don't suck it down in your lungs and die.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no risk of chok eggs, she says. Put her in a roadside stand and charge her bucket at this. Yeah yeah, I mean come yeah, next to a two headed calf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what she should be doing. Oh okay something. By the way, we got this text from a longtime listener. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Lol, the pastrami sandwich. This is my favorite. This is my favorite thing every year for twenty six years. I don't know how long we've been doing it, but.
Speaker 2: I'm so sad. I'm sorry, so sorry we missed it.
Speaker 3: That person has been listening for a long time.
Speaker 4: I've never even heard anybody bringing up a pastrami sandwich when I was growing up, he said famously.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: If you want to be freaked out, follow the Twitter feed and they probably just have a website OSI nt defender, that's Open Source Intelligence Defender. It'll it'll break out because they keep track of all the open source intelligence that's floating around in the world, and there's lots of it out there. But like scary updates from all over the place, Ukraine, Iran.
Speaker 2: China, or wherever our own government.
Speaker 3: Here's one of them, and one of them is they're expecting a pretty heavy crackdown tonight in Iran. And one quote on here about many many people being shot in Tehran last night. Lots of horrific claims being made by Iranian opposition channels this morning.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't know whether they're true or not.
Speaker 3: They have reasons, good reasons to exaggerate, sure. Following last night's anti government protests with reports of heavy cracked down by security forces in Tehran, channels on telegram claim the security forces open fire on crowds with live ammunition, killing dozens, with one opposition correspondent claiming that a doctor said the death toll was higher than the civilian casualties during the twelve day war with Israel, So more people died during this than fighting Israel, which might very well be true.
Speaker 4: And worth mentioning whether it's a foreign government or a terrorist group or whatever. They study American media, they study American society and you know the five pm Friday news dump.
Speaker 2: The Mullas know that's a thing.
Speaker 4: They will go wild on their citizens on a Friday night in the US wow, knowing that most people won't pay attention to them. Is Trump will, but they that's a thing. They know it.
Speaker 3: Listen to this though, senior officials, and this is a this is a legit website. I mean a lot of people we really really really like follow ost. Senior officials in the Trump administration have discussed sending lump some payments to Greenlanders as part of a way to get them to agree to the United States. I don't know, being their baby daddy or whatever, we're going to be arranging from ten thousand dollars to one hundred thousand dollars per person.
Speaker 2: Does any on how many what seals they have.
Speaker 3: Has a bid to convince them to seceede their mucklooks are. I don't think that it would vary from person to person. I think it's like, how much would it take to give everybody to get them on to get enough of them to vote to secede from.
Speaker 2: Denmark and join the United States? Hey, baby, show me your mucklucks.
Speaker 3: Four sources familiar with the matter told Reuters that would be a pretty damn cheap way to do it. And I mean, what the hell did it cost taxpayers to do what we did in Venezuela. Not knocking the operation, but as just a cost. If we could have gotten the same result by cutting everybody a fifty thousand dollars check.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it would have been cheaper.
Speaker 3: Not everybody in that country because it's thirty million people, but in Greenland, for they got forty thousand people.
Speaker 2: It won't work. It wouldn't work.
Speaker 3: Why, But it's a step in the right direction, cutting everybody a fifty thousand dollars checker, one hundred thousand dollars check might do the trick.
Speaker 2: No, no, no money, dang it.
Speaker 4: No the Secretary of State of the Armstrong and Getdy Show.
Speaker 2: And you're not.
Speaker 3: I'm living Inland with my penguin companion, and I don't know, living off whale oil.
Speaker 2: Assume that's what they do.
Speaker 3: But no, no, Trump is threatening them our friends, and now you want to bribe them and buy them off. These people have pride, They've got Greenland pride.
Speaker 2: You approach him as a friend with some respect.
Speaker 3: Not there, God danged street corner prostitute.
Speaker 4: Goodness sakes, Hey kids, it's that time again.
Speaker 2: With Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Get over yourself, you live on a cold rock whatever. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, so many people.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up things for today. There is our technical director, Michael Angelo will lead us off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jack, this is an intervention. Find yourself a good deli on the way home. Maybe find a nice hot pastrami sandwich and enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 2: If I ever do get one. I do want and get a really good one. It is beef. Yeah, and I like meat on it is beef. I didn't know that till just now. Pastrami is beef. There you go.
Speaker 4: Brief the Education of jacka Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman.
Speaker 2: As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 8: After this week, I am manifesting that next week will be just a little less chaotic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no kidding, manifest the best you got, sweetheart.
Speaker 2: Good lord, what a world we live in? Jack? Final thought?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my final thought was going to be similar in that if this is the start of twenty six, kind of reminds me within like everybody's waiting for twenty twenty to get over, and twenty twenty one started out crazier than twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Right, we might have that thing going on this year. Ananas Horra Billis I agree.
Speaker 3: My final thought is that Philly sheriff saying ice agents are fake cops in the Philly Sheriff's Department.
Speaker 2: That's going to fight them more or less?
Speaker 4: I hope not. Somebody's got to get to her. She's got to get to her lawyer. You can't say stuff like that as a public official.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that could get really ugly, really fast. These are weird times. Man, what a start to the year. Week one Yike, Armstrong and Geeddy wrapping about other grueling for your four hour workday.
Speaker 4: Seemed like it so many people who thanks so little time. Good Armstrong and Giddy dot com for the hot links for Katie's corner.
Speaker 2: Strop us a note. If you hear something over the weekend we ought to be talking about her.
Speaker 4: You see it, send it along mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. You ought to be subscribing to the podcast Armstrong Getdy on demand and give us glowing five star review.
Speaker 2: It helps with the algorithms.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping next week is boring and we're taking calls on tell us about your first car. We'll see them Monday. God bless America. Armstrong and Getty are we.
Speaker 7: As ended the first of the year and oh my god, it was like a punch and b us.
Speaker 2: Remember did your dismay?
Speaker 7: Cass, Jack and Joe will return on Monday.
Speaker 4: Subscribe to the podcast Armstrong Geeddy on the map
Speaker 2: The Armstrong and Getty