Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Maser along with Tim Stanvik. Let's get a look at some stocks on the move. With us to do that, as Bloomberg News Equities reporter Natalia, Kenny Javich is here in studio. Natalia, we do have some big movers in today's session. Where do you want to beget Let's.
Speaker 4: Start with Hpe. The stock is up by seventeen percent. At one point it jumped by as much as thirty six percent. This is the highest, the biggest level on record. The company posted better than expected results also boosted outlook on key metrics. We saw that revenue for the past quarter jumped by forty percent. CEO was on Bloomberg TV early. He was asked whether it's a demand or supply question or just the result of higher prices. He said, this is a volume story with very discipline and pricing execution. I chatted with couple analysts, including Bloomberg Intelligence, and I asked, like, why is it such a huge surprise that we see this reaction in stocks. So they said that basically this big jump in revenue came from corporate IT segment, which means that companies bring AI in house. As a result, we may see a productivity boost, which we will all are expecting giving this massive capex in AI. And the key takeaway that this is happening much sooner than it was expected, because people are saying they thought it would be like a twenty twenty seven story.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of wild because you go back to twenty fifteen, which is when the company HP and HPE split off, and this stock between twenty fifteen and the beginning of this year had literally done nothing, was up three percent, say, it wasn't doing anything over the last decade, and now it has gone parabolic. It had a market cap at the big end of the year at just over thirty billion dollars. It's now it's seventy three billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Don't you remember when they first did the split, everybody thought HPE was going to be the one that just took off like a rocket.
Speaker 1: That was the whole idea, and the legacy business went into But.
Speaker 3: The legacy business actually did better for a while. But now we're seeing certainly a different trade, and HPE is certainly coming I guess you could say into its own Victoria's Secret man all over the place. But this one definitely moving in a big way to the upside today.
Speaker 4: So the stock is up by almost fifty percent to date. The tickeer for that one is vs x y. Better than expected results, better than expected outlook. We see that guidance sales guidance annually will be at as much as one point seven point thirteen a billion. Analysts expected a much lower level. However, guys, we should keep in mind that this stock has about twenty percent of short interest, so we potentially some short covering is happening as well today. But overall, analysts were really happy about the results, specifically how the new management is executing this strategy appealing to younger audience, and they also mentioned highly Bieber's campaigned You're in Sant Valentine's. They even like mentioned some specific age groups that the company is targeting right now, between eighteen to twenty four years old. So pretty strong results. We'll see how that plays out.
Speaker 3: Used to be a Victoria's Secret right across the street.
Speaker 1: There's nothing been for a long time, right yea for a long time. All right, cheek shack. There's no one close enough to hear for me to get a bird.
Speaker 3: You love Shakeshack.
Speaker 1: I would like a shake Shack burger. Now Shack burger.
Speaker 3: I feel like we're ready for flights, Like, let's get a burger. Yeah, good guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I've never been to Shakeshock. I have to admit because I'm trying to be vegetarian and they don't have options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have a mushroom the Shroomami is there anything? No, it's been around forever. Try it cool.
Speaker 4: So the stock is down by nine percent. The ticker for that one is is Hak. So in your guidance, I was scaled back. Shakeshop cut second quarter same store sales forecast to two point five to three percent, down from three to five percent. So the management, of course blamed macroeconomic environment really competitive landscape. Analysts are also saying that all of that just shows that the previous guidance was too aggressive, and they also implemented some menu options like barbecue men. I don't know if you guys tried it, but it just worked for a very short period of time. So for now, investors and analysts are saying okay whether this guidance was cut.
Speaker 3: In that.
Speaker 2: The stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.