Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you wanna way back home? Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they terminol and gay a.
Speaker 3: We want to send you off in style. We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 1: Tell us all about it. We scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 2: Malborn?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do your need to ride?
Speaker 3: Ride with Karen and Chris? Welcome to Do you need a ride?
Speaker 1: This is Chris Fairbanks and this is Karen Kilgaroff.
Speaker 4: Karen just called this a jet lag record, which means you.
Speaker 3: Just got back.
Speaker 4: Yes, so take me to a moment. It doesn't matter when. Okay, I want to know surrounding architecture. I want to know about an interaction. Tell me about your trip to Italy.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a trip to Sicily.
Speaker 2: So some Sicilians might argue that it wasn't it wasn't accurately a trip to Italy because they consider themselves kind of separate. Yes, and it was very fun and one of my favorite memories is we were in a town called Lipari, which is in the one of the Aeolian islands off the coast off the like kind of northern coast of Sicily. And it was real small town that this one main strip where all the restaurants and boat rentals and stores were. And we went into the I went into the store because most of the stores were like sweatshirts that say Sicily on the front, or the flag they have the flag that's the lady's face in.
Speaker 1: The middle with all the legs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a great flag.
Speaker 1: So a lot of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: But I saw the store and it had all this jewelry that looked like everything was an imitation of an of a like an antique archaeological find so like stuff that I'm.
Speaker 1: Very nerdy about and love very much, which is like.
Speaker 2: The Greeks or the Romans used to have these like a ring that would have a gem in it, and the gem would have a picture etched into it of like a Greek of God or a Roman god or whatever.
Speaker 4: These sound like things you would see in the gift nice gift store at the met exactly okay.
Speaker 2: Where it'd be like, this is a recreation of this thing that was fast So because it's this island I'm like, you know, they've found crazy awesome shit off the coast of this island and all of these islands in the Oilien where so I see this and I'm like, we stop. And of course I don't speak Italian. And I promised the last time we went to Italy. Yes, that was my big thing is I was going to learn and I didn't.
Speaker 3: You've got things to do. You're busy professional.
Speaker 1: I have been a busy professional.
Speaker 2: So but I'm very regretful because they just want you to try a little so you can say, you know, hi, good day.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I don't speak Italian. Could you help me with whatever?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 1: But I can't say anything.
Speaker 2: I can say I'm sorry, and I can say good morning, good evening, and I always say said the wrong one at the wrong time, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, So these are begin interactions I have in English.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, good morning, Oh it's evening.
Speaker 1: What am I doing?
Speaker 2: So I see these rings that look just like the ones like I followed an account on old Twitter called art and Archaeology that showed these rings. It would be like this beautiful old ring that was from you know, a thousand BC with with like a beautiful red gem with a tiny etching of like a lady in it, and You're just like, this is incredible.
Speaker 1: So suddenly I'm looking in this jewelry store.
Speaker 5: And that profile of a lady.
Speaker 2: No, no, like a full picture, like you know. So some of them were like the Roman gods or the mythological creatures or whatever, and so I'm looking and I'm like, I know they're not the real ones, but they look exactly like them. And so I'm like, can't believe what I'm looking at in this store window. So a lot of the shop owners they come outside to talk to you or to say how are you to invite you in? Basically that they'll kind of walk you through the store because they know that's good salesmanship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but not in a car salesman eat pushy way, not at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They just are like they know they can all speak better English than we can, and they're like, do you have any questions or you know, let me show you anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So was that a sneeze or did you start laughing?
Speaker 4: No, it was three things at once. For all I know, I also farted. Everything happened at once. It was a cough, and then I tried to clear my throat, and for some reason my voice got triggered in that, so now there was nothing for all I know.
Speaker 2: Correct, So this man came out and he was this lovely man, and I was trying to I was like, are these like? Are these what I think they are? And I didn't think they were the real thing from thousands of years ago? But I'm like and I was trying to say, like, are these antiques? But he didn't know what I was saying. And I'm like, why am I just saying? Are these antiques? And English over and over to him the worst kind of American? And then he pulls out Google Translate, wor I'm like, why don't I have this out?
Speaker 1: And why didn't I do this beforehand?
Speaker 2: And so he and I start having a conversation through Google Translate. That was like as if we were two old friends. Because of Google Translate, I was, we were able to so amazing, It's so great. So basically I went and looked and my friends Janet and Adrian were off trying to get a boat so we could get a little boat tour because we knew that would be amazing, and they were doing that next door, and I was just kind of killing time, because every place we went to was tiny, and I hate, like when three people are standing there but only one person is actually doing the business.
Speaker 5: So it's like, I'll just.
Speaker 1: Stand outside because I don't want.
Speaker 4: To us all beside on a cobblestone. Everything's cobblestone, everything is.
Speaker 1: It's all old.
Speaker 2: That's great, and you look at You're like, this is this has been here for quite some time. Yeah, it's just everything's incredible. Even if you're just looking at their corner store, You're like, but it's also the most charming and wonderful corner store you've ever seen. So anyway, basically, I ask him a bunch of questions and then we leave because we're trying to get this boat tour booked, and but I'm like, I gotta go back there because I'm never going to find another thing that looks like this.
Speaker 1: This isn't your standard.
Speaker 4: Shop or see your new suitet salesman.
Speaker 2: Friend, Yeah, well exactly, so the next day, and also it's a small enough town where we're going to see them every time.
Speaker 1: We walk down this main store.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so the next day we walk down again, but this time it's a it's another old lovely man with a good hat and a great scarf.
Speaker 1: And he starts telling me because he speaks.
Speaker 2: Much more fluently English and better than what I just did right there. And he starts telling me that my friend that I made it's his fiftieth anniversary and he's his brother in law and basically starts telling me all about the guy that owns the shop, where I'm like, well, I love him, and so it's now I know, like about his life or whatever. So we were like, yeah, yeah, oh, I think we bought Me and Adrian both bought something that first day. But anyway, on our last day in town, which I think was like two days later, we were doing a bunch of other stuff, and then I'm like, I would really love to go back to that shop because so I wanted to get one of those rings because I was like, oh, I'll never wear one of those rings, like who cares, Like, just get one because of the experience you had. And we walked in and granted this was after dinner, so everyone was a little bit boozed up, but we walk in and Adrian kind of steps forward and does like a tuta like it's us again, and he my fifty fifty year anniversary. Lovely man. He does a thing where he pretends to faint in his seat behind his desk.
Speaker 1: That's so great, like beause we've come back.
Speaker 2: It was one of the most charming and then he came and like it was just so sweet, and so then I bought the ring and he kind of asked how much longer we're staying? And then I just said, thank you so much for being so patient. Because I don't speak Italian, but you Italian. I said this influent Google Translate Italian or I'm just typing it, and he's reading it, so so I did.
Speaker 1: I didn't do this speaking thing.
Speaker 2: I just typed it in Basically, you were so lovely to be so patient with me that first night and whatever. Here's what he does. He reads it and then he kind of does a face. He kisses his knuckle and then goes like this and.
Speaker 1: Puts it on my O.
Speaker 2: That's like a little platonic and yet like I want to kiss you.
Speaker 5: So here's the invented that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, isn't that the move of a lifetime?
Speaker 3: And he just came up with it.
Speaker 4: It came up with it on this you know, he's done.
Speaker 3: You know, I love it. I love that he fake fainted.
Speaker 4: First of all, I know in the chair, like immediately matched the theatrics exactly.
Speaker 2: I know this game because imagine if if he had if he had, like if he had just kind of stopped that of like welcome or something.
Speaker 1: Weird, and we would have been some compariss.
Speaker 2: Again, right, it's like, but instead he did a thing like the girls came back to say goodbye. So we all had that very sweet and that's kind of like a perfect example of the kind of vibes that you get in a.
Speaker 1: Place like Sis.
Speaker 3: God Lord, did you deliver on that assignment.
Speaker 4: I was like, Oh, that was not I did not know that you'd have this tear jerking slice of life interaction all the sweet man.
Speaker 2: A sweet man that I was like, it was one of those things where, like you we don't get to have enough interactions I think in Los Angeles like that because everyone's like, what can you do for me? What about my thing or whatever? Where it literally was he was like, hey, what's up. You like my jewelry? Because he kept going it's not the real thing. He wanted to make sure I didn't believe I was buying an antique.
Speaker 4: I'm like he opened with unwarranted brutal honesty of just like.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to rip you off type of thing, or like I'm not going to let you believe you're buying an antiquity.
Speaker 1: It was just like lovely.
Speaker 4: Sweet right, which is the theme of so many sitcoms or movies, or a Brady Bunch episode where they get duoped because they're from out at town.
Speaker 1: Yes, and someone's so nice to you.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to be another Brady Bunch episode.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to sell you a cursed idol that would get you stuck in a cave?
Speaker 1: Is that what it was?
Speaker 4: It's funny. I only know the folklore around this episode. I've never watched it, really, I know I've avoided it.
Speaker 3: But it's also that your story.
Speaker 4: There is good things that come along with the dangerous computer in our pockets.
Speaker 1: Yes, very good things.
Speaker 2: So you can immediately start talking to somebody that otherwise.
Speaker 3: But he was a warehouse in China.
Speaker 4: When I was calling about manufacturing of my skateboard lamp thing, I talked to this guy and we had the same conversation over the phone, but he could speak English. Okay, It was almost the same situation, but I had the luxury of typing it and then saying what.
Speaker 3: You saw, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: It so that because it's a generate to basically say, I don't want just you to do the work. And I understand that if you're the only one speaking English. I'm just being yet another American that thinks the world's going to come to me when I would like I wish I could meet you halfway.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, and any attempt I think is probably appreciated when you try and meet halfway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, last night I realized I watched that Saturday Night Live movie, which I thought was great.
Speaker 3: It was like a pe K Anderson tense character.
Speaker 2: It was great, But I can I just ask a question yes, yes, oh oh, pt and I think Peaky Anderson and I'm like Peaky Blinders combined.
Speaker 3: Peak and the nineteen eighty eight Olympics. Scary Skier, scary Peekaboo Anderson. Peekaboo Street was a skier.
Speaker 1: And sure it was big.
Speaker 3: Strong legs were there.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I wanted to google, as I do with all movie watching when it's at all based in a story like the Menendez thing or what I'm always constantly like, did this really happen?
Speaker 3: Because you know they took creative.
Speaker 4: License license, Thank you for this movie because it was great, insane shit happened. I want to know what was real. So last night I was is it bad that I wish I had my phone out? No, it enhances the experience of watching a film.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 4: It's not that we all have ADHD, and maybe we all do, but it is an added bonus that you also get a look at the story we have. We can do the research. It's fun, it's multimedia.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 2: And I think there's two we're we've already moved past that point of I guess I'll wait till somebody else writes an article and I learn about here's all the things that were real, and here's all the things that weren't. It's like this is all moving quickly enough where it's like they almost should do pop up videos for things like that, because that's all I thought of during Monsters.
Speaker 1: I was like, is this must be based on a truth?
Speaker 2: The truth because this really happened and people could come and argue all of that.
Speaker 4: They were very smart to immediately come out with the documentary because I watched them Ma act back and all the you know, those glorified moments are deblunked by the documentary.
Speaker 2: What were some because there was a couple where I was like, yeah, should they be really lying right now?
Speaker 4: I think they took some liberties with the I love my brother naked, Oh like shower time and that. That's what I wanted to google right away. What the documentary did for me is like, oh my god, let them out. They were abused. I believe them one hundred percent. I did not feel that way after.
Speaker 3: Watching the narrative descripted thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, don't shoot your parents in the face, you know, let this be a lesson to us.
Speaker 3: All I knew lesson.
Speaker 1: The documentary made you feel like they.
Speaker 4: Need to be It made me in my mind, I'm sure of it, and that they've As gruesome as the killing was, it came from a reaction of fear and abuse.
Speaker 1: Yes, because and the dad.
Speaker 3: Was scarier than we can even imagine.
Speaker 2: Yes, the dad was a true psychopath and everybody thought so. But the kids doing it and whatever the media wanted to say was the thing that kind of got like when it happened real time, that's all you heard about was like, Ugh, these boys, they're so whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're rich, they're playing tennis, they're buying watches. No, they were freaking out and having emotional breakdowns and alternately trying to act.
Speaker 3: You know, they're definitely not people of the year.
Speaker 4: But it's bizarre because your whole life, or my whole life, I've thought, oh, those were the crazy murderers that killed for no reason. Yes, so it's I don't know, it's interesting to watch. So I'm ready for a SNL documentary about that very first episode because there were so many things I wanted to check and so anyway, all I'm saying is you must see that it was interesting that I went into it thinking, oh, this is during my lifetime. No, this was a boomer era. Everyone in that theater was in their late fifties to my parents' age, because they remember vividly television changing with this raw, unscripted comedy Night of Insanity, and it showed how important it was at the time because prior to that, it.
Speaker 3: Was just Milton Berles singing racoons with.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah and yeah, it was just great. I was so invested in it. And also, it's not just for people in comedy who followed Snel and thought of it as a distant dream. Everyone in the general public knows a little bit about Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 3: Or remembers it right, even a plumber or.
Speaker 4: Disc golfer. Imagine, imagine the world where comedy is appreciated and thought of at as high art.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: It had been so long since we podcasted. Today, I've been having podcasts, like conversations with everyone, like getting prepared, oh like hell, just randomly talking and doing deep dives with the guy I got coffee from and a lady in mine. She had a Sicily sweatshirt. It said it was Cicily nineteen twenty two, and I'm like, ooh, I like your Golden Girls sweatshirt. And she was so excited that I knew that, and so we started talking about that. We've started talking about She's like, and you got to revisit early Roseanne. I mean, I know she kind of went flew off the deep end, but they also were ahead of their time in the topics. Oh yes, And we talked about different I talked about the doctor dismissing b Arthur's concerns because she's a lady. You probably just had the vapors what if we were talking about that episode and she's like, that was an important one to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then I talked to some guy that looked like a cage fighter.
Speaker 4: He was like a very strong, tough looking guy, and he was wearing a stance shirt and I'm like, they make good socks, man? Did we talk about where you get good deals on socks and underwear? We talked for twenty five minutes about the types of underwear and these days you just got paid thirty bucks for a good paramids under we're.
Speaker 3: At that age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we started talking about middle age.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, deep podcasts that were unrecorded that no one will ever hear.
Speaker 1: Wait, where were you doing all of this?
Speaker 4: Because I've missed doing this is my point. Just this morning.
Speaker 1: Where were you?
Speaker 4: I was?
Speaker 3: It was, yeah, wait, did you see this guy just a car?
Speaker 1: Are you looking at this guy?
Speaker 4: Oh he's a poser. Oh he's wearing wranglers. Sometimes. I'm sorry that I'm scolding you. I just went I I'm sorry about reaction.
Speaker 1: Well, you get to have your honest reactions.
Speaker 4: Well, you and you were pulling a fast round because you knew that he wasn't a hardcore skater, that was a transportation.
Speaker 1: Long boarder was he Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 4: He's on a smooth sailing, soft wheeled let me get across town transportation device.
Speaker 1: And that's there's a big difference.
Speaker 4: Yes, you'll quickly pick up on little ques, mainly his western wear.
Speaker 5: That was a big tell for me.
Speaker 2: But if you can, if you can make that skateboard carry you somewhere you're not, that doesn't necessarily mean you're a skateboarder.
Speaker 4: No, but soon you'll be able to immediately judge someone's skill level just by how they carry themselves.
Speaker 3: And that guy is new to the game, is he yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, just you could start with how slow he was going and then go to you know, posture and things.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if you had actually already clocked and dismissed.
Speaker 3: This stuff, he turned pixelated.
Speaker 1: To me, didn't I blocked him out? Didn't matter one wit.
Speaker 4: This is going against everything I truly believe. I want everyone at any level to have a skateboard and do it however they want. It would be a world I want to live in. I love that that guy was on a skateboard.
Speaker 3: I'm not judging him at all.
Speaker 2: You were absolutely judging him in every way for comedic purposes, and now this is serious drama.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, okay, I love that that Western ware man was on his longboard, expressing himself and having his own style.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the real truth, Chris.
Speaker 4: It's just comedy, Chris that says that style was whack. I years ago when you famously just brought up Milton Martinez and and I was like, what, how are you talking about the destigator. At the time, this new kid had come along and we talked about him, Mason Silva, and then his cousin listened.
Speaker 3: To our podcast.
Speaker 4: She told him, and then in a message of comment, he said, oh, they said such nice things about me.
Speaker 3: He had listened.
Speaker 4: That was in my brain. Cut to yesterday morning, I'm at Costco. He showed up with Grant Taylor and all these pros. They were shooting like a promo thing for Nike. They all are big time pros that have nice cars and their own shoes, you know. And I mentioned I'm like, your cousin listens to our podcast. He's like, I vividly remember the Thanksgiving where she brought it up.
Speaker 3: It's all coming back to me right now.
Speaker 4: He was like, he totally remembered and then we all kind of skated.
Speaker 3: I didn't stop skating.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're all amazingly good, but that's one of my spots. So we all kind of skated together, and it was really fun for me. I'm in nerd out in a fifteen year old way, and I'm around nice pro skaters. It was such a fun day.
Speaker 2: But I think you right now need to thank Mason's cousin.
Speaker 1: Yes, who is the one who made it happen?
Speaker 3: Yes, and you're out there.
Speaker 4: I don't even know your name or of it. The last name is Silva. We could guess all day and I'd get further and further from the truth, cos I never was even in contact with the truth on this. We could do all in night. We could go through the whole alphabet for first.
Speaker 1: And last name, Zinnia.
Speaker 4: It was Zinnia Johnson Silva hyphen through marriage. It's all coming back to me workscept the DMV. I don't Mason Silva's cousin, sweet person, Mason Silva's c I brought you up.
Speaker 5: His face lit.
Speaker 2: Up you and Chris's face is lit up from telling this story.
Speaker 1: You really, yes, made it look street.
Speaker 3: This is not even this is an actual dead end. But this is go up the stairs. We're doing it.
Speaker 4: There's a flight to seventy eight stairs meant for someone training for boxing.
Speaker 3: Oh boom, oh we're here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is perfect timing.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yes, it's perfect timing.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's it's it is it is.
Speaker 2: Get into this stranger's car, yeah, this one.
Speaker 3: You know today's guest. We're getting right into it.
Speaker 4: You know him from clubs and colleges across the country. Everyone put yes, clubs and colleges. You put your ears together for Brian Husky.
Speaker 5: Yes, disclaimer, never a club, never a college. Talking about people.
Speaker 4: That's we don't adjust it at all. That is the intro, that's the interest. I don't know that we've ever had maybe a handful of guests that have actually done college game clubs.
Speaker 6: I mean you were talking about like rotary clubs and stuff. Yeah, that kind of like service function things.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, water buffalo meetings.
Speaker 5: Yes, I've managed a lot of buffets of those things. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: Chris Fairbanks, I haven't seen you. I mean I would weirdly run into you here in LA and then there would be like a five year gap. Yes, if you live in the same city, you never run into people. But yeah, it's been since the heady days of the big stinking Improv Festival to be met.
Speaker 4: It is, and that goes past my days of even doing stand up, which I mean longer than my comedy career.
Speaker 6: And I have this great picture of you with all the plastic forks and your hair.
Speaker 4: All that was my party trick back then to put as many straws or forks in my hair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a good one. I mean it made an impression.
Speaker 4: We uh add my improv group, Bob's family just attached to your group, the Naked Babies in a way because we had never seen any or performed anything but short form improv games.
Speaker 6: And I think, to be fair, everyone else at that festival was annoying. Right, that's just fair, Yeah, right, just to kind of like our quick overview is like we're better than everybody else except for this group.
Speaker 5: Let's pull them big friends.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad to hear you say that, even if it isn't fully true, because I my memory is that we glombed onto you. But we had good time. We went to Barton Springs, we sweat, we hung out with our shirts off.
Speaker 5: Yeah for it. There's vulnerability for sure.
Speaker 4: Yes, and full on bonded with you and Rob Cordrey and John What's John John Bowie? John Bowie, who I haven't seen since YouTube did Garage Punk for that reality show I was on, Oh God, which I thought you maybe wouldn't even remember.
Speaker 6: I remember so little that it was becoming horrified. Like I someone sent me a gift of something I did on Comedy Bang Bangs.
Speaker 5: I was like, I don't remember. I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 6: I have a there's documentation that I don't remember playing that character.
Speaker 4: That And you still do cameos based on a character you did on Comedy Bang Bang, But that was on AFO sheet.
Speaker 6: That's my profile. I don't you remember they had that show on IFC.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like that.
Speaker 6: So it was you would just get a call and of course you'd run down there and get paid one hundred dollars in just that funny of course, and feel seen.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then I saw you in a sushi place with your family and we were so excited to see each other, and I was like, oh, yeah, I really like that guy. I'm furious that you're here somewoint.
Speaker 7: No, what if it took a turn, I have to say it is a ballsy podcast to choose to do, like this time of day of driving is the worst.
Speaker 3: We so bad, and this is always when.
Speaker 5: We do it? Yeah, and why and is that just practicality?
Speaker 2: I think we're just trying to fly in the face of what people think they like or want. Just like you know, everyone complains about traffic. How about we get into traffic and really live.
Speaker 1: In it and do it?
Speaker 4: Yes, And the original podcast was the airport. We would go to the airport, the most tense, stressful thing you can do in a car.
Speaker 5: Either way, it sounds like you're working for the oil lobby.
Speaker 4: Re because of their proximity to Halliburt and Lax would be our first stop.
Speaker 3: And then we get our checks.
Speaker 6: Ye takes in one of those cool steel briefcases.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this time pay us and uncut diamonds. We'd say, yeah, we're on the dark end of business.
Speaker 6: In the beginning, it's also a little I'm just going to unpack my overview of your podcast. It's also weird to be behind you and having a conversation, right, it's a.
Speaker 4: Yes, and that has been like a sociological experiment, right it, I think, And you'll within ten minutes. Here, you're going to turn to a kid on a road trip with his friends leaving hometown for the first time. You're going to open up because you haven't seen our faces.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, I really didn't like because these windows are blacked out, and so you walk up.
Speaker 1: I'm a street racer.
Speaker 5: I mean, I guess I am being abducted.
Speaker 1: Which I mean, yeah, technically right, which is.
Speaker 5: Cool, which is cool.
Speaker 4: There has been nothing to prove that I'm Chris Fairbanks right now.
Speaker 6: No, there's such a lull in work. It's like, yeah, I'll be abducted. Yeah, it's really fun being abducted.
Speaker 1: See where it goes?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And this won't hold up in court because it's just audio as AI generated, so screwed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Are you feeling like you're in a lull because I do?
Speaker 5: I sure do.
Speaker 6: I just yes, yes, kind of, but I but no, right now, happily, I just got a couple of things, and so I'm for the first a certain no, a qualified no.
Speaker 5: I had to for the first time in.
Speaker 6: Good Gollies, like twelve years or more. I've had to shave, like I am. I'm beardless right now. And the reaction to from a lot of people who have known for years like oh, oh yeah, I forgot what you look like with that, and everyone else is like oh and definitely my daughter and all her friends are like, oh my god, scary.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, it's so funny. So you feel like that time that and I vividly remember the first time my dad came out without its mustache and I it's like, that's what your lap looks like, like so vulnerable.
Speaker 5: It's very weird. Yeah, it is very weird.
Speaker 6: And I, you know, thankfully a lot of people are like, oh, you have an age, but to me, I look like I'm like, okay, I do have a young face, but it's I see the saggy young face.
Speaker 5: It's sort of like a baby doll. It's been played with too much.
Speaker 1: And did you have to shave because you because of work?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They it's a movie and it's sort of it's we're playing historical reenactors. So they wanted me to have like it's insane mutton chops and a mustache and all this kind of stuff. Then they dressed everybody up and then they put us all together and they're like, oh.
Speaker 5: Too many beards.
Speaker 6: You your your bald face, oh so now I just get some I do get to wear a tupeg, which is I'm psyched about.
Speaker 4: And this is not drunk history.
Speaker 5: This is not drunk history.
Speaker 6: This is this is this is something that my Nda says, I can't even think about.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will not ask anymore.
Speaker 4: Just keep guessing.
Speaker 5: Yeah they felt aw, He's like, if we follow up real fast.
Speaker 1: People they'll forget how they felt.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe if you guys remember this. I feel like there was a movie recently that was a by all intentions, it.
Speaker 5: Was a drama and it was like supposed to be just.
Speaker 6: Hard hitting and gut wrenching, and people laughed at it so much that they re they re sort of branded it as a as a satire, Do you guys this is a string of not yet, not yet, because Micalopolis is on the verge of that.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, that's what I've heard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I just what is? But I do remember this thing, and people were like they're.
Speaker 8: Like, oh no, no, no, no, yeah, we knew, we knew people would be laughing at these these scenes. But it's and you can't remember what it is because I can't remember what shows have been on, so that's that's where I am right now.
Speaker 3: But were you you were in it?
Speaker 5: I know I wasn't.
Speaker 4: Probably.
Speaker 5: I think this was a movie I made.
Speaker 8: And funded and then blanked out into blacked out when people were laughing at it, and it was like my soul up on the street.
Speaker 4: Are you still falling and getting concussions at work a lot? I think there's a connection.
Speaker 5: I guess. So when I wake up, they say, I am, But.
Speaker 4: You know that's why the I'm sad. Your nickname is fall Rest.
Speaker 2: Can you remember any like visuals? Is there anything in your memory about this movie?
Speaker 6: I did not see this movie because I remember seeing trailer for be like, well that looks like, yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm fresh out of guesses, none of which if I have even tried, I have not even attempted.
Speaker 5: I'm at zero guesses.
Speaker 4: Well, last night I watched I mentioned it earlier, I watched the snl Oh movie and it was way more fun than I thought it would be. I was thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a fun like everyone in it really nailed their impressions and they don't give them away in any trailers or promo that there's a lot of fun surprises, and it looked like it was so fun.
Speaker 3: To work on.
Speaker 6: It's smart to make it just the hour and a half of the for like the just a block of time, right, it's just sort of like.
Speaker 4: Yes, but it's funny because the movie is more than an hour, but it shows the clock. It periodically goes to the clock. But it's I think the nature of filmmaking even describe describing one minute's time in a short story. To shoot it, you have to have camera shots of different angles, like by nature. I think it doubles the time, so that one hour it's told in a two hour movie and it doesn't bother you.
Speaker 6: So it's two hours of So one hour is the movie and the other hours are cut away to the.
Speaker 3: Clock, right right, They just stirring the movie.
Speaker 4: There's a calendar hazeling in the distance and pages are.
Speaker 3: Tearing off of it.
Speaker 4: They do that classic the clock. No, they just will show the time, or someone asks the time. It comes up a lot and it's only been fifteen minutes. But you know you've watched a half hour of movie in that time. But it doesn't it seems like that would bother you or me, not you personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lying is dishonest, that's wrong.
Speaker 3: It was just interesting filmmaking.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. And a lot of fake beards in it.
Speaker 5: Ooh yeah, boy, I have to get in on that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No one in it was willing to shave.
Speaker 4: They had all those auditions said are you willing to grow? Which is less common.
Speaker 5: I also they were also like, oh, leave your hair. I don't have I've got a little ring. I've got a classic mail pattern ring.
Speaker 6: And so when it gets a little shaggy, go in there and I spend too much money for what is being cut off and it lasts for a couple of months, and oh, just leave it.
Speaker 5: So now I'm bald faced, and I have this kind of like.
Speaker 6: It's like, I don't know, nineteen seventies sort of like nerd hair ring going on, which is really driving me crazy.
Speaker 5: And no one else sees it, but to me, I'm just like, oh my god, it looks so insane.
Speaker 4: When I think of hair rings, I immediately think of the classic friar. Oh yes, but that's a bang's situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's more of a donut.
Speaker 4: Yes. Yeah. I again, I'm not looking at you either, So if I turn and see a nice straight banged donut.
Speaker 5: I guess it's more of a horseshoe, right, is it kind of a Gallagher?
Speaker 4: Look?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can do a Gallagher. I mean when I wake up in the morning. It's comedy.
Speaker 1: It's just just like ga such good comedy.
Speaker 5: We got a hammer and a watermelon in bed with me and it goes.
Speaker 2: It's all you need.
Speaker 3: It was an interesting thing to work on.
Speaker 4: An MTV show based in the seventies, and Gallagher did a cameo and Gallagher wore a hat with what his old hair used to look like stapled to the inside of the hat so he would put.
Speaker 3: It on and I think he already owned it.
Speaker 4: Wow. Oh yes, it was an interesting thing to see.
Speaker 2: It was like his show hat of like now I'm doing the character of Gallagher the comedian.
Speaker 4: Or he came prepared and said, you know what, I made my own props for years. I'll make a hat with what my hair used to look like to be time appropriate to this era.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, he's in that movie.
Speaker 4: If no, I jumped to a difficult to follow subject.
Speaker 6: Change, Yeah, I did so, you said, an MTV show in the seventies, So that part was I am going to let that slide.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And that was my description. That was all I was willing to get.
Speaker 5: I was like, if he's got early on set, I can't remember anything, so it's fun.
Speaker 3: Oliver brains, it is. Yes, it's happening right now.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: I when I moved here, I did some MTV reality thing where kids had to live in a house. Their cell phones were taken away and they had to live where everything was seventies rotary phones. And I was like a neighbor that played with nunchucks and had a trans am and would come over and quiz them and whoever lost at the quiz was kissed kicked off the show and then they would cry great.
Speaker 3: What was it called?
Speaker 4: It was called show that seventies House. Seriously, the seventies House. It was before that seventies show, but it was. There was Jimmy J. J. Walker was on it, like there was cameos throughout a different.
Speaker 1: Yes, and sorry you had Gallagher hair.
Speaker 4: Gallagher was on it, older and aged, very grumpy Gallagher who then put on his youthful hat with his old hair stapled into it. If it was his real hair, wow, I would be amazed by thinking got it from.
Speaker 1: And suddenly he was like in a real good moon. Ye went back and he's like, yeah.
Speaker 4: No politics, back to watermelon, smile on the face.
Speaker 5: That didn't his brother pick up the mantle and take over that whole oh franchise.
Speaker 4: And I had the luxury boy of seeing Gallagher two perform in Austin right when I moved there and started doing stand up. So after we met at the big Stinke and im Pro Festival, I took a stand up class in one of those seminars they had and moved there within six months after having met you and started doing stand up there. Interesting, a comedy club opened and Gallagher two performed with a he had like a antenna that it was like a PowerPoint presentation. He even had a Janet Jackson style microphone on the side of his face, and he did a lot of Gallagher jokes, apparently because shortly after that there was a legal dispute that Gallagher had with Gallagher two, mainly the fact that he called himself Gallagher two probably rubbed.
Speaker 3: Him the wrong way.
Speaker 5: Was it too.
Speaker 3: Shook the pins? It was t o with a crooked oh that was kind of just hanging by a thread.
Speaker 5: Hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yes, uh no, I think that fun with fonts. It was kind of fun too. Oh, I have a lot of graphic design jokes, but you're not going to do no no, no that we're not a half hour.
Speaker 3: We don't have perfect It.
Speaker 4: Was kind of like seeing Brian Reagan's brother, like they are clearly siblings but way different people, and they both do County and Gallagher two was not the funny one, so it was interesting to watch this performance. Wow, I'm just one of the only people, I think in this car to watch Gallagher two dude, not one, but two sets, you know, and that he always did.
Speaker 5: To back to back same sets for the audience because he is Gallagher two.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's part of it, not a word change.
Speaker 5: If we're waiting for the same reaction about this.
Speaker 4: They insisted everyone remain seated. You did not have the option of lead and only watching one show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, then they had they had like an audience warm up guy, like on a sitcom or like a multiicam.
Speaker 5: I was like, come on, guys, we know we've seen these jokes before, but we got to give them.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. I've done that before.
Speaker 4: Even if you've heard this joke before, you got to act like think of the first time you heard it a few minutes ago.
Speaker 5: You did a warm up thing, you did that? Yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I did it for shows I was not part of, and then of a Fuel TV show that had a live audience.
Speaker 6: I went to go see a friend do one before I moved here, and I had no idea that that happened. And when it started happening, I was so baffled and so uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was. It's awful, and it doesn't feel good to be the person doing it either, because a lot of it involves Okay, no one's listening to me, hand the bowl of candy over, yep, and you hand out.
Speaker 5: I know that. At that point, I was like, wow.
Speaker 4: So there was a candy ball. Yeah, oh god, Yeah, I guess it's an industry secret.
Speaker 5: They got people's They know how to fucking push those buttons. Baby. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's always through the sweet too.
Speaker 6: You just you just you dominate through volume on being amplified, and then give them candy and the promise that.
Speaker 5: Your laugh will be on TV. Yes, and maybe if you have a distinctive laugh, you can pick it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so the only people interested are excited about that are usually visiting, and so oftentimes those studio audiences are people on vacation. Yeah, because no one else, no one that lives here, wants to surprise be on TV. They'll get in trouble with their agent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I did. I did try. I I was trying to have it a distinctive laugh. So when i'd laugh, wow.
Speaker 8: Every time, very sexual, very eye fish, kind of upsetting.
Speaker 3: Someone like that joke a little too much, Sir, They're gonna we love that, we enjoy that.
Speaker 4: You're enjoying yourself during your laugh, Sir, she's putting up with that husband.
Speaker 3: He's a handful.
Speaker 1: He's so rude to her.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: God, and she's she's beautiful and he is u.
Speaker 4: Their mixed match relationship makes me howling euphoria.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 2: There was a laugh on the sound or the laugh track for like Laverne and Shirley Happy Days. I don't know if it was like the production company owned that or use the same thing, but it would be at the very end in like seventy sitcoms, at the very end of the laughter one guy's laughter, and it sounded kind of like it sounded like effervescent, like it was like I can't explain it, but it was That's how I knew. I was like, all of this is fake. I was like eight years old of like, that's not real. That's the same guy from last episode of Overne Shirley. Like they're just using the same thing over and over.
Speaker 6: Oh I got to I was in I was over like Gower Studios going to an audition, and I was early, so I was just kind of lingering in the hallways and I wandered by this editing suite that was open, and I heard someone doing I guess it's like a Nickelodeon kids show kind of thing, is editing it, and then he was dropping in all the laughter stuff, and it just was like they would just try different things.
Speaker 1: Sorry, my sister calls every.
Speaker 4: Time every time.
Speaker 1: Does she know she thinks too much?
Speaker 4: This is my neighborhood. Let's take out Angelino High. It's the part of Los Angeles that boasts the most Victorian homes.
Speaker 5: So you're we are so close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I were never in this neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Perfect this way.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: It was just fascinating because you would just have first, you'd have the you know, you'd have them shoot on the set with no audience.
Speaker 5: They're saying bad jokes and it's just like dead silence.
Speaker 6: And then they would just drop in a certain kind of laugh here, and then a huge laugh to this one, and then they pull one back and then they mix them around. But the guy was like slouched over in his chair doing it all with one hand. It just looked like the other hand was holding a gun.
Speaker 4: Out of you now, just at a laugh switchboard, just like, God, damn it, this street so unenjoyable is a wonderful experience. Let's take a right here. This is the Thriller House.
Speaker 1: Oh, the problem is we can't see it.
Speaker 5: Wait that one right behind it or in the front, it looks that burnt house.
Speaker 4: Wha, I'm guessing Arson is the Thriller house.
Speaker 5: Super like a super fan came in.
Speaker 1: But like you're saying, they kept it from the video.
Speaker 4: What that's where they shot the music video.
Speaker 1: But I mean, did it look like that?
Speaker 3: No someone lives there.
Speaker 4: One of these houses it's from the TV show Charmed on the upn I don't know which one. But these are beautiful. Look at how ornate they're beautiful. Look at this one.
Speaker 3: Look at all that eve work.
Speaker 5: I know, but it's also like, don't you sort of feel like you live in the holly hobby house?
Speaker 4: Sort of I suppose.
Speaker 5: I mean no judgment against that lifestyle. You want to go down that road.
Speaker 2: It does one of those little things where you go out and look for your sea captain who's been.
Speaker 5: Which is a great, great name for something.
Speaker 4: It's on the other husband, I call it a crow's nest.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're right. Living in those would be like living in a dollhouse. Oh, here's a little bit.
Speaker 5: Here's one of these weak day yard sales.
Speaker 2: Oh, someone's living in a full emergency. Yes, that's what I think of.
Speaker 5: Oh wait this this is an active fire station that's being blocked by this yard.
Speaker 4: It's really every time there's a fire there.
Speaker 1: Have to do a station bankrupt. So that's horrible. That's why that house is all burnt right around the court.
Speaker 4: Damn it. We sell clothes that we find in burnt homes. A lot of them are singed. Why is this smell like smoke?
Speaker 5: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's this is a historic part of One of these streets has hitching posts from when people rode horses downtown to their business job, and there's the hitching posts.
Speaker 3: That are carved like a horse's head and they are very old.
Speaker 5: Wait, so is your household timey.
Speaker 4: No, mine's nothing to sneeze at. But it is just a few paces up that way. It's more of an apartment duplex situation.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, not at all Victorian.
Speaker 5: Gotcha.
Speaker 6: But where y'all picked me up is at the bottom of that those stairs is my street and my street.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, because we're thinking about driving up those seventy eight stairs. Do you jog them.
Speaker 5: Every day every day? Yeah?
Speaker 6: It's closer to the top, fewer, easier, but still kind of a nightmare.
Speaker 5: It's it's people.
Speaker 6: Get deliveries, get lost, people abandon you in parties, like they're like, nope, can't find you.
Speaker 5: Fuck you.
Speaker 4: Right, so your your address is actually up those stairs, like you have to get there on foot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and every single uber like lift service kind of thing, they all they the mapping system shows that I live in several different locations, right, so they're always like on the.
Speaker 5: Other side of the freeway or they're on this other little cul de sac. It's a nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I have the same situation. I'm at the top of that hill. I have to get to my place via stairs, and I was told by an Uber driver that the original mapping system that they used was used by the sanitation department. So it sends people to my house via the alley, an alley that is so scary to drive down, giant retaining walls that are sagging in because the earth is moving, and everyone shows up to the back of my house with a look of terror in their eyes.
Speaker 3: So yes, it is a scary situation.
Speaker 4: And it's the same that street, the way it abruptly ends that there isn't even a turnabout.
Speaker 3: I'm from England, there isn't.
Speaker 4: One would call it a cald swivel.
Speaker 3: A lot of people say it wrong in America.
Speaker 4: The wool's end, they cool. The sash umlot is just an end. And then there's your stairs, and it only makes sense that you have to get there on foot. Yeah, so you don't own a car?
Speaker 5: Nope, nope, nope. I'm the guy in La without a car, me.
Speaker 4: And you're just you and your one big wheeled bike.
Speaker 6: This crossroads used to be a really great that I never went into, but had fantastic neon sign liquor store.
Speaker 3: That the neon sign is now in the Neon sign Museum. Oh cool, it had an animation. Karen.
Speaker 1: Oh, Karen was drifting off in his callow Park card. I mean a real.
Speaker 9: Snooze fest today. But we happened to talk about a couple of things. I like animation, and the garbage truck thing was fine.
Speaker 4: I was excited. But yeah, when during quarantine that liquor story shut down and it was an outdoor area at the Halloway and I went there a lot for a human interaction with a mask on. They would isap your face with a ray gun that told your temperature, and there was plank sea glass partitions up. They took it so seriously that I felt that was no time for a place for me to have my alcohol. I was now called yea anyways, and there was also nachos, so I went. I went there a lot and they took it down and and someone said, yeah, they're refurbishing it for the Neon Museum because everyone loved that signal committment? Was it a train with plumes of smoke?
Speaker 6: Andy Blitz, guys, we just trop pass conan writer and stand up Andy, I haven't seen.
Speaker 4: And yeah, he's slowly walking. He's got happy to see us.
Speaker 1: If a car pulls up, I'm leaving.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: He's got an he's got a beard and stuff.
Speaker 5: He's got that dog. You wouldn't believe it. I'm doing a freaking podcast in this car right now.
Speaker 3: It's good to see your face.
Speaker 6: Oh look at that's coat is made from your beard hair.
Speaker 4: See, that's why we do it in the car.
Speaker 1: Do you understand that?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 6: It is about community, It's about reach out. Driving in your neighborhood that you want to leave more, but people drive you around in it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: When she do you have some reason?
Speaker 4: When do you get the chance to stop and chat with a passer by while you're driving?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 5: I'm flabbergascid. How many people lived in this zone?
Speaker 6: Did I never run into I've ran into him more than most, which would be three times in twelve years.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would occasionally see him at the Halloway, but it's been years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Did bumber shoot with him on a lineup of so many fun people, and we bonded and then, you know, like you said, five to seven years past, I see him again.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's good to see you.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's going on? That much?
Speaker 3: All right? See you in a decade.
Speaker 5: I see you in the next pandemic. Yeah, how was y'all's pandemic?
Speaker 4: How to go?
Speaker 1: I liked mine?
Speaker 5: Fuck you?
Speaker 3: I know I hate you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm so sorry that I'm pout to use the word thriving.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, but it was just easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah you, I'll say this, I said to myself because I was home by myself, and I was like, you're lucky enough to be in a house that makes you happy and with a pool, smart, and other than that, there's nothing you can do about this, So do whatever you want. Don't go crazy. So if you feel like you need to stay up till three in the morning, if you feel like you need to call people on the phone all day long, whatever it is, do whatever you want.
Speaker 5: You need to.
Speaker 2: Just get into learn what JFK Junr is doing for us as a nation right now. But then that was my only rule, and so then I was and I didn't have to work or do anything else.
Speaker 4: So it's pretty nice, right, And how how was a treatress for you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: It was so.
Speaker 6: Co parent with my ex two houses and then my girlfriend is you know, compromise. So I was in the middle of of multiple multiple parties and a lot of a lot of sort of juggling of safety, and just my vigilance level went right crazy.
Speaker 5: I had to had to it out of necessity. Yeah, and then I just I did not. I did kind of ease into like, Okay, yeah, this is the this is the groove. I get up and I.
Speaker 6: Exercise and I make some lunch and then I wait till the afternoon and then the sun starts to go down so we can watch more TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, I so you didn't feel because I feel my what gray hair I had went away because they weight on my shoulders of like.
Speaker 3: Nothing is expected of you right now.
Speaker 4: Even too, it was so comforting for me to see even TV shows being done over zoom in someone's house. Yeah. I the pressure was off, and my fear of going crazy in a room because I didn't have a pool. I just look at the TV, the wall under the TV.
Speaker 3: The TV was off. I'd sit and look at the wall.
Speaker 5: Which I paint it believe look like uh, I was oh, SD little friend, Oh look at this piece of worse.
Speaker 4: That's all right, all right. She reminds me so much of my mom that I want to start crying, so let's go hold on.
Speaker 3: There, married God, that looked like my mom.
Speaker 5: Everyone.
Speaker 2: It really seemed like she was going to put her foot down on the gas and then reverse really fast.
Speaker 3: Like that was the situation my mom want panicked in the same way. Oh God, let's go talk to her.
Speaker 4: Everything's fine, But yeah, I thought I was going to go crazy and not be able to be with myself, and it turns.
Speaker 3: Out I'm a blast.
Speaker 5: I just was like, I was not fond of the person in charge at the time, who was trying to make.
Speaker 3: A cameo again, right, and yeah, I just I a cameo and home alone too.
Speaker 5: That's what you're talking about, right, But I was like, please don't listen.
Speaker 4: I was just scared.
Speaker 1: I'm really sorry because this isn't important.
Speaker 4: But isn't that a folks it's a folkswagon thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: At the very beginning of this record, we were talking about these are incredibly rare cars, like more rare than DeLorean.
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard that, Brian, that they only made five thousand folks in my folkswagon things.
Speaker 5: They're called things kind of like they look like an open jeep.
Speaker 4: Yes, they're very military questionable side of World War two type vehicle.
Speaker 5: Anyway, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are. They're rarely so one.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. We were talking about it like it will never happen, and.
Speaker 3: I was lied to. There's probably millions. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I the whole time, I was thinking about parents, and I was thinking about teachers, and I was thinking about kids, and how yeah that's my elementally how bad it was for them.
Speaker 6: It was what age thirteen to fifteen like that time, would like find your tribe, break away from your parents, or get locked in the house with them.
Speaker 3: And that's where my nieces were. And I was thinking about that a lot.
Speaker 4: So I we don't mean to flaunt our childless I'm not bragging that I clearly am shooting blanks. I am.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you as a father. I'm sorry for I'm.
Speaker 4: Thank you for doing all the hard work sure dealing with an IMMO compromise person.
Speaker 5: Are you asking for my daughter's hand in marriage?
Speaker 1: Well, how bigs are dowry? It's actually fine out.
Speaker 5: You saw that chest that I walked up with.
Speaker 1: You walk around with it all the time. Those people are very appealing.
Speaker 5: Now are you going to try to drive up let's just something right here. This is an enormously dangerous you have to be careful right here. The front of your car is very close to the spot that's fucked up so many cars.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, go ahead.
Speaker 5: And on either side it's where these like drainage things. And I've seen so many bumpers just get ramped.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Oh yeah, because that dips down, grab a wheel.
Speaker 1: People trying to be funny like me just gone like, let's.
Speaker 5: Drive there, just innostantly, like I'll turn around this driveway and then.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, that is the movie, but like just for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's symmetrical. That's two clowns both arms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two blooms coming out.
Speaker 4: Of the shower.
Speaker 3: Do you want to want to play with this boat?
Speaker 4: And then the other side like, hey, I got a chest set, don't play with that clown.
Speaker 5: And then Gallagher and Gallagher to pop up.
Speaker 1: We finally found our home today. We got our wigs.
Speaker 4: Is the improv training that I wanted to have the surface go back, come back cop it?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: Is that what happened?
Speaker 1: I think it is?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: But I mean unless you have more, do you want to drive around one more time, same exact route.
Speaker 5: Is it like the Gallagher second set?
Speaker 1: We're back to back it.
Speaker 4: We can conjure our conclusionary statements from an idol position, Yeah, I think we could.
Speaker 1: I mean, is there anything you'd like to promote for most or talk.
Speaker 3: About that you won't get sued for mentioning?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess if anything. I'm affiliated and still perform at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in the Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: So every third.
Speaker 6: Thursday we do an improv show called Soundtrack. We improvised music. It's fun, it's got great people, and then I do ask.
Speaker 5: Out there randomly. That's all I got. Really, I love it.
Speaker 3: That's Ascat's my favorite. UCB. Is it a Harold Armando? I always confused the two.
Speaker 4: What's a mod? A mod is a sketch group, okay, which is a response to Harold.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's movie, you get it?
Speaker 3: Ah, Dell close? Were you though?
Speaker 4: These are all things you know that we were studying when around the time I met you.
Speaker 5: YEA Dell close would have been canceled so quickly in today's.
Speaker 3: Day, but I need to hear give us the dirt.
Speaker 6: But then improv would not have been born so so you know, sorry, all you people are traumatized at the price.
Speaker 4: Don't get me started on that reckless to help her. I don't know that was just a book author. She's probably a sweet person.
Speaker 3: But you I, in all seriousness, you you guys wear a big influence on us.
Speaker 4: We went back to Montana and our group were like, let's play instruments, let's have themes, let's start writing sketches. We go in to improv and we started mapping out our shows a little more.
Speaker 3: Influenced by the Naked Baby.
Speaker 4: I love that. Yeah, and I still have you won't believe me a severed doll head?
Speaker 5: Oh nice? Yeah, I wish I had mine.
Speaker 3: It's in my dowry chest. So yeah, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, I'm still in touch with Maggie Carey.
Speaker 3: That me too.
Speaker 4: We just she was in Missoula, the town where we moved to Austin from there together. Uh. And she was there for some homecoming soccer because she was a you know, Division one athlete.
Speaker 3: You ever want to surprise her with that knowledge?
Speaker 5: Actually I knew that she for whatever reason, let me know that she was in Missoula at some soccer thing.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, She wrote you a nice letter.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 5: She did text me, she was like, hey, I'm in Missoula and now this soccer thing right now. And I think maybe she did mention you, but I don't. I can't.
Speaker 6: Well again, here's the memory thing that is okay, honestly, that is the thing that was taken away from me during pandemic. Yes, the ability to not only focus on one day.
Speaker 3: Right, how many times did you have COVID? Maybe it's your brain. I'm kidding, I'm kidding, You're fine. Years of past.
Speaker 1: It would beat it.
Speaker 5: Guys. It's not here except for the surges. It doesn't exist, the surges and the rages and the deaths.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you why she was nostalgic in that moment, because that's where we did improv.
Speaker 3: That's where a lot of it started.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, like the comedy world, and and and her becoming a filmmaker. Maggie carries she's Emmy Award winning filmmaker.
Speaker 5: Really, Maggie, there we go.
Speaker 4: That's it old, uh, And yeah, I'm glad that every time I see you, I'm nostalgic.
Speaker 3: You just bring that out and people I do.
Speaker 5: I am days of your I bring that out in people, especially now with your new Alright, I'll get out of your your car now, I get it.
Speaker 1: Ban that was so delightful.
Speaker 5: It was nice to barely chat with you. I'm so sorry we didn't get to I'm not.
Speaker 1: Talking to you right now. I didn't get to really deliver that.
Speaker 3: I steamrolled this one.
Speaker 4: No, no, no connection.
Speaker 5: But it's also the back of the head. It's hard to connect with people. I mean I saw some there's some profile.
Speaker 1: I tried to give what I could, but I also have jet lag. Oh, so I was really lating Chris.
Speaker 5: Oh, where'd you go? It'll I know.
Speaker 4: The getter started on the cobblestones again.
Speaker 5: My request all right, well I'm gonna awkwardly get out of the car now.
Speaker 3: You're the best.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 5: Does it work like this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right by silent person.
Speaker 3: Ah, that was terrific.
Speaker 4: What a great episode you've been listening?
Speaker 3: Do you need a ride?
Speaker 1: D y n they are.
Speaker 3: This has been an exactly right production.
Speaker 1: Our senior producer is Analie Snelson.
Speaker 3: Mixed by Edson Troy.
Speaker 2: Our talent booker is Patrick Cotner.
Speaker 3: Theme song by Karen Kilgareth.
Speaker 1: Art work by Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 2: Follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at dinar podcast That's d y n ar podcast.
Speaker 3: For more information, go to exactly rightmedia dot com. Thank you, Oh, you're welcome.