Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Statoveec along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberger News. Cross ass that reporter Emily Grafao with some stock movers.
Speaker 1: That it was a nice sound effect to family. We really like, you know, we adore.
Speaker 4: Okay, so well, can I start with an index? Did you guys already talk about the Russell two thousand?
Speaker 1: Wait, knuckleheads, you can do whatever you want. It was up today. That's not mos RT. What my goodness? Yeah, Tim talked a battle lah Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, just have to point that out because you know, if we're talking about big market moves, that was one that stood out. There were also some individual movers that stood out. I'm thinking specifically with Nvidia ticker NVDA. It hit the lowest level since September twenty fifth, so it has run up quite a bit this year, as we all know. But this idea is now creeping into the market that maybe they're not going to be the leader in AI chips.
Speaker 1: The headline today on the.
Speaker 4: Bloomberg terminal was all about the AI chip rivalry between in Nvidia and Google. So we saw Google stock up, finishing the day up about two percent. And this is all coming after there was a report earlier that Meta was in talks to spend billions on Google's AI chips.
Speaker 1: So the wars are intensifying. Another day, another AI narrative. Yes, chip wars heating up, but I mean, Alphabet's been on a tear.
Speaker 4: Yes it has. It's outpacing in VideA for in terms of year to date gains, which you wouldn't expect because AI has been the big trade this year and in videos the poster child.
Speaker 1: But obviously they had a very good twenty twenty four as well.
Speaker 4: And then we also saw shares of Meta higher, also kind of related to that news of the bay.
Speaker 3: So here's something market cap wise in videos at four point three trillion dollars, Alphabet getting up to close to four trillion, three point nine trillion dollars, and this year.
Speaker 2: I was seventy.
Speaker 1: It just blows my mind. These trillion, you know dollar.
Speaker 3: Market four trillion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild, It's just crazy. Hey, let's go to some of the after hours stories. As the retailers continue to report.
Speaker 2: Urban Outfitters man that one tick her URBN was moving in a big way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's up right now about twelve percent in the post market. They reported net sales for the third quarter that beaked estimates. It was one point five to three billion versus estimates of about one point four to nine. And then they're the parent company of a lot of clothing brands that I know. Tim Senovic, you must know and love Anthropology Free People.
Speaker 1: I love you. Yeah, I'm not going No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You don't know anthrop know Anthropology, but I didn't. Yeah, do they still have standalone stores?
Speaker 1: They do?
Speaker 3: Okay, Anthropology Urban Oufitters, I know years ago. Well, no Urban Outfitters does.
Speaker 1: But Anthropology is actually was in one Rock Center as one.
Speaker 4: I was in the Rock Center one like that one. It's a really Yeah, they didn't. They didn't have a ton of like.
Speaker 1: Like apparel inventory.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you want to go into a store and you want to try on a pair of jeans and then they only have like sequence skirts.
Speaker 1: But that's besides the point. Great Napkins.
Speaker 3: There's a certain kind of napkin I've bought and they're they're not inexpensive, so wait for when they're on sale.
Speaker 1: But they're really nice and they last long. Okay, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not endorsing, but no, we're not. We're not endorsing. But the Urban and Anthro divisions also beat on net sale. So overall, we had a consumer sentiment data out today that was pretty bleak, But a lot of the earnings reports that we've gotten from these retailers have been solid at least, you know, just within the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: By the way, everybody needs a little sequence in their wardrobe. Yeah, a little sequence skirt.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't.
Speaker 1: This is a bit of a pivot, Yeah, printers.
Speaker 4: So hp ink ticker HPQ down about five percent in the after hours. The stock is already down twenty five percent year to date. They missed earnings, and the company also said they plan to reduce headcount by about four thousand to six thousand by the end of fiscal twenty twenty eight, the CFO saying during these earnings, we're trying to mitigate recent cost headwinds, and we're investing in AI initiatives like every other stock, so something it's hard to tell, does that Capex and that investment, do the equity holders like it or does.
Speaker 1: It make them nervous that there's not going to be a return.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know that everybody's chasing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we shall see, We shall see.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Busines in this act
Speaker 3: Mm HM