Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is Verdict with Senator Ted Cruz. Ben Ferguson with you, Senator. One of the best things about getting to do this show is having on brilliant minds from within the administration who get to talk directly the American people. And today we get to have another very special guest, a.
Speaker 1: Good friend of yours.
Speaker 2: The Borders Are is joining us and I'll let you take it from there.
Speaker 3: Well, Tom Homan is serving as President Trump's Borders Are. He is the former acting director of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and he has been borders Are since Trump resumed office as president. His formal title, which I like, is what White House Executive Associate Director of Enforcement and Removal Operations. And to be clear, his job is to secure the border, keep US safe, and remove dangerous illegal aliens. He's doing a hell of a job. Tom, Welcome to Verdict.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: So let's start with just how are we doing?
Speaker 3: And we're four months in, almost five months into the Trump presidency. How are we doing? Tell us what has happened since President Trump became president again?
Speaker 1: On the border?
Speaker 4: Well, President Trump today, where I'm talking to today san Or the Cruz. We have the most secure border in the history of this nation. Today, the most secure board ever. I mean we even beat Trump forty five. Well, we hand the Biden administration's most secure boarder ever ahead of that time. But the Dad is even better now. And let me give you a few numbers, just a few numbers. Under Biden administration, we were dealing with ten eleven thousand, even a few times fifteen thousand aliens to day yesterday it was two hundred and eleven. We went from thirteen fourteen thousand to two hundred and eleven.
Speaker 1: And that's across the entire southwest border.
Speaker 4: Yes, gotaways under Biden an average gotaway day and under Biden was eighteen hundred plus eighteen hundred plus got aways yesterday thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And then the most impressive number the first one hundred days on President Trump compared to the first the same time period last year under Biden, Biden released over one hundred and eighty four thousand illegal animates in this country. The Trump administration one there was nine releases. But for more material witnesses. As you know, we want them to come here to testifying the Carpol troal so form we want to command four came across the border in such bad shape that we had to call an ambulance and take care of the medical needs. We had allowment insided medical treatment, but we had one one discretionary release compared to one hundred and eighty four thousand released under the same time period. Are in biden most secure border history of nation. Interior enforcement offerings ices arrested three times more criminals than Biden did during the same time period. We got more to rest, We got many more to rest, but they're already hitting the ball out of park. Don't keep doing it when you do more of it. And we're hoping for a budget real soon here so we can step up efforts there. But it's it's game changing. President Trump's been a game changer, and the men and women, vice and men, women, barb stood up taking on the task and cousindent. Trump did in seven weeks, but Joe Biden couldn't or wouldn't do in four years.
Speaker 3: My favorite line from from President Trump's most recent State of the Union address it is when he said, you know, Joe Biden stood here a year ago and said that he couldn't secure the border without new legislation passing Congress and then Trump said, it turns out we didn't need new legislation, We just needed a new president and and.
Speaker 1: And that's powerfully true.
Speaker 3: So let me ask just just a simple question for those Look, you're you're an immigration expert, but for someone at home, how did the numbers drop so precipitously? What specifically are y'all doing differently than than what Joe Biden, Kamala Harris did.
Speaker 4: The biggest thing we've done is a president's executive orders that are We're a game changer, remain EXCO a game changer. I have the third State Country Agreements a game changer, and finally ending catcher release. People know you come to a border, now you're not being released, and we're just followed the law because, as you know, under federal statue, an alien arrives at our border without proper documentation to enter the language is you shall be detained. Now maybe not thinking about it, not problem shall And that's exactly where we're doing. Those street things, by themselves have been a major game changer, and all three of them were EXCO lords by.
Speaker 2: President Trump's I want to talk to you real quick about the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews most of us, when we go to bed at night, we don't have to worry about there being an explosion that awakes us in the middle of the evening. We climb into our beds, we turn off the lights, and we sleep in relative safety. But the people of Israel are facing NonStop threats on seven different fronts. They do have a red alert system to warn of incoming attacks, and last month or it's blared nearly fifty times every single day, something we can imagine living with the toll on families and first responders is brutal and right now, Israel's first responders are facing an urgent need life saving supplies that are running low, and that's why the work of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is so critical. Your gift of only one hundred and fifty dollars will help provide first responders with helmets, flat jackets, medical rescue bags, and even armored service vehicles to keep people alive. Your gift is urgently needed, and if you want to stand with the people of Israel, you can call eight to eight four eight eight IFCJ that's eight eight eight four eight eight four three two five. You can also give securely online at IFCJ dot org.
Speaker 1: That's IFCJ dot org.
Speaker 2: You mentioned budget a moment ago and how important it is to have the budget for you guys to continue your job.
Speaker 1: Explain for everyone listening.
Speaker 2: Is that referencing that the big beautiful bill and what is in there that you need so much to continue to do your job at the border.
Speaker 4: Well, we want to make the border secure permanently, so we need more infrastructure, right, so we need to finish building that wall. Now, let's be clear, every place they build a border barrier, illegal migrations went down, illegal drug flow went down, But most important walls save lives. Women and children can't get over that wall, the most vulnerable, so they go to a place so there's not a wall on what's waiting on them the men and women of the Borderatrol first of all. So the ball saves lives. So we need to finish the border barrier. We need money to finish the technology within the existing border wall, because not only did President by And stop the construction of the wall, he stopped adding the technology in that smart wall, technology that lets us know how someone climbs that wall, touch this wall, dig under that wall. Technology where borbitual agents in the middle of nowhere can get on the radio and use the wall as a repeater to talk to other agents for help. There are some places on the southern border where they lose all community. So all that technology needs to be done. More technology yet, portive entries to make sure no Ventana's coming through. And as far as the entire enforcement, we need beds. Right now. We got about fifty two thousand people in detention. We're funder that thirty four thousand ICE is already in the hole. We need about one hundred thousand beds because everybody we arrest needs a bet. We just don't rest abody in New York City and put them on a plane leave. We got detained for several days or several weeks, to get travel doctrines, get flight flight arrangements, flight finances. So we need bets. So we need you know, so this budget, that depending budget right now, the Big beautiful Bill will give us money for those beds. They're going to give us thousands of more borbitiacens, thousands more ICE agents. It's going to give ICE a budget to bring in more contracts up. What I mean by that badgers and guns shouldn't be sitting at a desk doing reports of processing. They shouldn't be sitting at a desk doing travel documents and all the all the administrative duties that occur within ice. You can have a contract to sitting there doing that work. Give that badging gun, get them out on the street to arrest the public safety thrusts and national security threats. So we needed the money to Like I said, we're doing more than Biden did, but Biden wasn't doing anything. We need to do ten times more than buying it too, not three times more. And I'll leave you with this. We got seven hundred thousand illegal aliens in this country with a criminal conviction walking the streets this country. We got to get them. We got to get it quickly. We got one point four man illegal aliens who do have due process, a great taxpayer expense. We're ordered removed by a federal judge and didn't leave and they become fusitives. We got a lot of work to do, and we need money to do more. We're doing good, but more money we have, the more we can do well.
Speaker 3: And Ben I'll say this that Congress, we will get this Reconciliation bill passed. It's gonna take time, it's gonna be bumpy, but we'll get it done. And when we get it done, we're gonna have funding to build the wall. We're gonna have funding for technology on the wall. We're gonna have funding for more border patrol agents. We're gonna have funding for more ice agents. We're gonna have funding for more detention beds. We're gonna have funding for more fixed wing and rhetory way aircraft. We're going to have funding for more drones and more infrared and technology. We are stepping in now. It's going to take a little bit of time to get the bill across the finish line, but I'm confident we'll do it. And I will say it really underscores something we've said on Verdict many times, which is the most important factor in securing the border. And this is what Tom said just a minute ago. It is a policy decision, and it is a decision what happens when you apprehend an illegal immigrant. And if the answer is you put them on a plane and you fly them back home. They all have cell phones. They pick up their phones and they call home and they say don't come. They're not letting you stay. And the flip side is true if when you apprehend them, you let them go. You say what city do you want to go to? And you put them on a plane, you put them on a bus, and you let them go in every city in America, which is what Joe Biden was doing. Again, they all have phones. They pick up the phone, they call their friends and family, and the numbers skyrocket. And so when President Trump left office the first time he had produced the lowest rate of illegal immigration in forty five years. That's what Joe Biden inherited. It immediately skyrocketed to the worst rate of illegal immigration in history. Joe Biden allowed twelve million of the illegal immigrants to come into this country. And regular listeners of Verdict will recall I predicted, I said, we will see the numbers plummet. And it won't take a year, it won't even take six months. It will happen immediately, because on day one, catch and release is going to end, and we're going to see the numbers plummet. Now all that being said, Tom, let me ask you honestly, I will admit I predicted loudly that the numbers would plummet. I'll confess. I didn't think they'd drop over ninety nine percent. Are you I'm surprised at just how massive the success is. Are you a little bit surprised or.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not surprised for all the success. I'm surprised how fast that happened. When President Trump, when he called me, asked me to be the borders our course, I didn't. Has Dak came back and the first meeting who he had, he asked me, how long will it take you down the secure the border? I says, sir, I need I need at least one hundred and twenty days. He says, well, I get a ninety. I said, sir, I'll respect one hundred and twenty days, even pushing that we did this in seven weeks. Seven weeks numbers already down. Yep, ninety. And you're exactly right. Everything you said is right. But I want to add one thing. When Joe Biden opened that border up, he's the first president in the history of this nation who came into office and unsecured a border on purpose. This wasn't mismanagement, this wasn't incompetence. He ran on open borders, and that's exactly what he did. You know. So when you tell the whole world enter the country legally, don't worry about it. We're going to release you anyways. And when you got a secondary of ma orcust on ice. You can't arrest somebody for being here illegally unless they got a serious criminal conviction. The whole world's going to come. You can cross the border illegally. You get released in twenty four hours. We won't give you a free plane ticket to the city of your choice. We're going to put you in a free hotel room. We're going to give you three meals a day. We're going to give you free medical attention. And guess what, hanging out for one hundred and twenty days, We're gonna give you a work assization. The very reason they came Hery not because of asylum, because they wanted a job. So Biden did what he did, I'm purposed, and President Trump came back in seven weeks again seven weeks did what Joe Biden couldn't do or wouldn't do.
Speaker 3: Repeat the numbers you said about how many illegals are in the US right now who have criminal convictions, and to be clear, these are convictions for crimes other than crossing illegally into the country. Every illegal has committed that crime, But how many have convictions for murder, for rape, for other crimes other than crossing the border illegally.
Speaker 4: Just under seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is a stunning number. And what you're saying, and I agree with you, is is that Joe Biden deliberately chose We're going to leave murderers here, We're going to leave rapists in America, We're going to leave child molesters in America. We're not going to send ice to arrest them, We're not going to pick them up, we're not going to deport them. That they put partisan politics above protecting American families, about protecting our kids.
Speaker 4: That's why I woke up four years pissed off every morning. President Trump when he called me, asked me to come back, and he said to me, we've been E've been bitching about it for four years. Want to come back and fix it. And I did because I knew every morning I wake up, and Senator you know this just as well as I do. I knew every morning when I woke up, how many children died acrossing the borders last night, how many women got sexually assaulted. How many people on Terrace Roster's got across the border. How many women and children were sex traffick in this country? How many billions of dollars in the cartels make how many Americans died in the last twenty four hours from Fetannah coming across the open border for four years, I was pissed off. President Trump came back, like I said, in seven weeks. We had a border down ninety percent in seven weeks. So you know, just like you said, it was a matter of President the matter enforce the law. You know, I'll tell you it's center cruise. And you know, every time I seen the meeting, every time I see you in the meeting, I call you out. I call you out because you've been a tip of the speer on this thing. I appreciate your working us. You're from Texas, you know, And God bless Governor Abbit. Governor Abbitt did he was more of a Secretary of Homeland Security moral it's ever been wherever it's thought of being, so, God blessed date of Texas. They took the first rail on this And again, I can't thank you enough. Every time I see I call you out. Thank you for being the tip of the spear. I see you everywhere wanting the secure border, and you're fighting hard for me, and you're fighting hard for the men and women the border toe You're fighting hard for the men and women of Ice. I love each and every one of those men and put their live on line for this country every day, men and women, and I appreciate your fight for them. You've had their six and day one, and I love you for it. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Well, Tom, let me thank you for that. I appreciate that, and I appreciate your passion and commitment. You were You're showing up, and you said something that I think is really important for our listeners to understand. You and President Trump right now are quite literally saving lives. You are saving lives. There are Americans, and there are significant number of Americans who are alive today because a violent criminal did not cross the border, was not released, and didn't murder them. There are women who have not been raped because you've stopped the Biden practice of releasing rapists. There are children and the number of children who haven't been physically and sexually assaulted by human traffickers. It is already I think well into the thousands. And I want you to think about that. Thousands of little girls, thousands of little boys have not been violently, repeatedly raped by human traffickers. Why because President Trump came in and because you've been the borders are implementing it and secured the border, and those kids are no longer being trafficked. That is a profound legacy in just four or five months.
Speaker 4: And let me go one step further. Of Trump asked me to do three things. Security border, run the large largest deep rotation offers I've ever seen, and find these children and buy an administration over half a million children were smuggling in this country, separated from their family, smuggling this country and put in the hands of sponsors, many unvetter sponsors. The last administration lost track of three hundred thousand of them. Doesn't Trumps committed to finding as many as you can. We've already found over seventy five hundred of them. Wow. Some of thee were fir free, safe with family, some were perfectly safe, and some weren't. Example just there for yes, say a fourteen year old little girl already to sex traffic, was pregnant living with two men who are trafficking there where were going to prison and we're helping that little girl. So we're going to rescue every one of these little girls and make sure that they're safe because so many of them are going to be okay with family members. They just didn't respond to problems or so forth. But many, I guarantee, I've been doing this for over forty years. Many of them are in sex trafficking, many of them are in forced labor, living a life of hell every day. We're committed to find every one of these little children and making sure they're safe.
Speaker 2: You mentioned finding them all. Let's talk about sanctuary cities for a second. It's very clear Democrats are not backing off of that. How dangerous is the policy and and and who is being harbored in these cities that are refusing to work with you guys? Will there be accountability? Are they harboring MS thirteen gang members and domestic terrorists, foreign terrorists? Uh, those that are putting the fetnol out in society. How dangerous are these cities?
Speaker 4: Well, they're the dangerous, the dangerous for everybody because in the sanctuary city means you don't have access to the jail. Arrust A bad guy public safety threat in the safety and security of the jail, where the alien safe, the officers safe, on the public safe. When sanctuary cities knowingly released a public safety a threat back in the street, it certainly puts the community at risk. He even puts the alien at risk because anything can happen during the street arrest and great it puts the officers that great risk because now we've got to arrest a criminal alien public safety threat on his turf. We as access to who knows what weapons. It's very dangerous and yest will host sanctuary cities accountable. Its pam binding has already fought lawsuits against several Uh, we're we're we're working with DJ now again. We want we want where's that right, where's that where's that line? Where when do you cross that line? You can sit there and watch ICE do your job. Because here's what irritates me the most. I don't care what party you're in. If you're an elected mayor, elect, a city council person, or elected governor, your number one responsibility it's the safety and security of your neighborhoods, your communities. ICE has been cleared from the beginning with President Trump we're going to prioritize public safety threats and national security threats. Why will you not help us make your community safer. There's no downside on that. And the sanctuary cities want to argue what we're a sanctuary city because we want victims and witnesses of crime, if they're illegally United States to feel comfortable coming to the law enforcement without fear of working with ICE. That is a bunch of crap victims, and this is a crime. Don't want the bad guy in the neighborhood either. And as far as the illegal alien community, I'll say this, despite being here illegally, many of them are god fearing family people. They don't want a pretor in the neighborhood either. They don't want someone to commit to DUI ten times driving to their neighborhood either. So you know, if you go to the immigrant community and ask the one simple question, would you rather have ICE operating in the jail or in your community, what do you think they're gonna say. They're gonna say to jail. So sanctuousities will be held accountable. Matter of fact, we're reissuing the ICE detainer. We just changed the new ICE detainer We're letting them black and white, let them know this person is a designated terrorist, this person is a designated return felon. We're gonna let them know exactly who there detaining based on biographic and biometric information and see what they do. Are they gonna violate Relates and Riley Act? Then we'll go out to prosecution. Now they're going to know at least a terrorist. Then we're going to go out to prosecution. So it's about to get a lot tougher and it's the right thing to do.
Speaker 3: Well, And let me ask, how worried are you that they're a terrorists who came across the southern border in the last four years, that are out there and that are planning acts of terror in the United States right now?
Speaker 4: I'm convinced we got over two million known guideways. Why did two million people pay more to get away? They pay the cartels a lot more money to escape apprehension and get to New York's Chicago. Whoever, why didn't they pay less? Why would you pay more to get away? Because you don't want to be vetted, you don't want a two things or printed. It's just scared to hell off. Every American scared as hell on me. Somebody's going to be, you know, child traffickers. Some of these are Karen patanaw and some of these are going to be people from the terrorist sponsored country. Under Joe Biden, we wrest over four hundred people on terrace. Wass's come in the Southwest border. If you don't think a single one of the two manin Godaways didn't come from a country sponsoring terror, didn't come here to do us harm, then you're just crazy. As you know it was what was it? Just not a few months ago we arrested eight that we're paying a terrorist attack, a Russian type terrorist tack the United States. Luckily a tellison community call him on some chair and we are able to arrest them. But we're not perfect intelligence community. It's imperfect. They weren't perfect in Afghanistan. They weren't perfect on a lot of things. So God help us. I think they're here just intelligent port stander here. We know where some aren't being monitored, but we don't know where others are. So that scares the hell on me.
Speaker 3: Well, And as you know, Chris Ray, the former director of the FBI, every few months would come to Congress, and he would do everything but set off an alarm and bang a drum to say we are at major risk of a terrorist attack from the open borders. Hamas and Hezbelah have declared jahads on America. As you know, the border patrol under Joe Biden was advised beyond on the lookout for Hamas has Blo and Palestinian Islamic Jehad terrorists coming across the southern border. And one of the things, Tommy you said that was really important. Of the twelve million illegal immigrants that came under Joe Biden, roughly two million of those were god aways. That's by far the most troubling of all those folks. The other ten million are people who are apprehended, and apprehended in many instances is the wrong term, because as you know, and I've spent a lot of time down on the southern border, I almost always go out on midnight patrol with the border patrol agents. When I'm there, Apprehended doesn't even characterize what they were doing. Most nights, people would cross the border and they'd go look for a border patrol agent and actively turn themselves in because the result would be that Joe Biden would say where do you want to go, and would fly them to wherever they wanted to be. Literally, the Biden administration was the last mile of the human trafficking network. But Tom, what you said is exactly right. Those two million guidaways are much more likely to be violent criminals, much more likely to be murderers or rapist or child molesters, much more likely to be MS thirteen gang members, much more likely.
Speaker 1: To be terrorist.
Speaker 3: And that's the population that is most worrisome. And speaking of MS thirteen gang members, I thought politics could not get weirder. The Democrats have decided to go all in, making their central party platform be that we should admit more illegal aliens, and in particular, we want more Venezuelan gang members MS thirteen gang members here. And they decided that Kilmar Abrego Garcia is their poster child for the Democrat Party. Tom, how confident to tell us about Abrego Garcia? How confident are you that he's a gang member, that he's a criminal.
Speaker 4: I'm very confident, and I've talked to the head of Vice numerous times. People are understanding, So he got no due process, Yes he did. He got due process from two different federal judges who said he's at the United States, a citizen Al Salvador, and he gave up order of deportation. He had a great two process, a great text. Theyre spense on top of that men winter ice and they sent those two plane loads of tdat MS thirteen. Hundreds and hundreds of hours were spent on every case. They went to the criminal history the immigration had, They went to intelligence report, they went to confidential informance statements, they went to wire taps, they went to a bunch of stuff to certify these people were members of tvaight MS thirteen. So they got due process several times. Obrego Garcia's home, he's a citizen Al Salvador. And for those the Democrats said, well they made a mistake. I still say it was a mistake. It was an over temporary Oversecond, here's the problem he had it withholding order. He had not returned to Al Salvador because he feared death from the gang. Two things have changed since that order was given. Number one, he's a designated terror so that with holding order has been set aside. Number two, the gang he feared it no longer exists now Salvador because the great work, President BUCKETI did there, so the circumstances surround that with holding order are no longer valid. And here's what would happened. If somebody was to make this guy return to the United States, he would be detained and removed the next day, if not to Al Salvador, to another country. He's not here, but as President Boukeley said, he is a pre certified national of Al Salvador. He is home. He is home. He is a certified Heminister team member, not just by ice, by local police departments, intelligience reports, Immigration judges in the country of Al Salvador says he's a eministery team member. He's home is exactly where he should be. This country, his wife, his neighborhood is a lot safer because he locked up.
Speaker 2: I want to go back to accountability for a second time, and I want to ask you there are a lot of people that believe that there were laws that were broken deliberately in the last administration. They knew they were breaking the law. One of those would be former Homeland Security Secretary. My orc is that you mentioned a moment ago. Should he be criminally prosecuted for his role in the border crisis. If it was as deliberate as it now seems.
Speaker 4: Look, I think what he did was borderline trees in this I'm not an attorney, I'm not a prosecutor. But what he did, he did more damage to this country. Him and the by the administration. What they did to this country, I can tell you when they opened that border up sex trafficking women should to increase tenfold of a record number of migrants died making that journey. Over four thousand or record number of Americans died from Fatanah that come across that open border. And and it's just what he what he calls this country and from a national securities perspective, because here's what his orders were, process quick, release quick. They didn't care about the crisis. They cared about the optics of the crisis. If there's no overcrowding, there's nothing to see here. So border trades were processed as quick as they could, and releases a quick as they could. And there's been several instances where they released so quickly the FBI scan didn't come back and and it came back hot. Actually they already bember released. They came back hot. As a known spectatorian. So yeah, What he did was unconsortable. What he did is my opinion, borderline treason. Is he should be held accountable because a lot of deaths occurred under his watch. And like, like Sandra Cruz said a few minutes ago, right now, ninety six percent decline and illegal immigration when ninety six percent less people are coming, How many women aren't being raped? How many children aren't dying crossing that border. How many no inspected terariors aren't getting in the country. How many pounds of fatanyl is not getting the country? What are you going to see in the President Trump's administration? Ventanyl deaths, a decrease, sex trafficking with decrease, smuggling with decrease, and no inspected tarors. They got no open night anymore. Now that we got the board secure, every single borders religion is on the lying on patrol. During his National security duty under Joe Biden, it was an average most days, an average seventy percent seven zero seventy percent of agents were no longer on patrol. They were changing diapers, making baby formula, making hospital runs. The last time aren't down there. Before the election, I talked to hundreds of board places and told me to hang on, hang on, changes coming. I really think the President Tump's going to win. But they told me, no, we're sick of being tour station. We're sick of being uber drivers and deliver these people to the very same people who pay for their smuggling. They couldn't recruit. They couldn't people were quitting. They were quickly for it, even as well for retirement. They couldn't red recruiting numbers. You know, last month, Ice, I'm excuse me, Bord Patrol had the highst recruiting numbers and the history of that agency just last month.
Speaker 3: That's fantastic. And look, I will say Tom's not exaggerating at all. Like when I would visit with Border Patrol agents the frustration. Look, the men and women who sign up for the Border Patrol, they do do so because they're patriots. They do so because they love America. They do so because they want to keep our communities and our families and our kids safe, and they want to be out on patrol. Look, these that's what you sign up in the job. And they were sitting there just shuffling paperwork, they were processing and just running a revolving door to try to release as many illegal immigrants as fast as possible. That's what may Orc has looked viewed as job is accelerate illegal immigration, not stop it, but make it go more quickly.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you, Tom, you mentioned fentanyl.
Speaker 3: What do we know about the numbers of fentanyl traffic over the first four months of the Trump administration.
Speaker 4: There's been a decrease, and I've got from three or four different sources. The percentage of decrease is different from every source. The problem is the CDC doesn't have good metrics on fatanyl. But look across the country. You can see the decrease in fatanyl. Fatanyl's being c's on the southern border. And it's the metrics and that's maybe something you all work on up there in the Senate. Uh. CDC needs a track is more, more more accurately. Like I said, you got you got a number of deaths reported by states. You got a number of deaths reported by CDC. None of them match. So, but we do know there's been a reduction. You don't see you know three hundred people dying every day from fantolic We did that, did see? Right? We know? We don't I have two you know, nine to elevens a week happening from kids dying from fatanah. So I don't have exact numbers, but we already see the effects of a secure board.
Speaker 3: And Tom, let me ask you also, So, one of the things we've talked about on this podcast. In twenty eighteen, the Mexican drug cartels made roughly five hundred million dollars from human trafficking. Last year, the drug cartels made over thirteen billion dollars from human trafficking. That's a twenty six hundred percent increase. Do we have any data yet? Do you have any visibility on what has happened to the drug cartel's revenue? Because one of the worst consequences of what Biden's open border did is is it turned these vicious, murderous, transnational criminal organizations into incredibly wealthy powerhouses, and it put huge resources in their pockets. Do do you have any data on what's happened to their revenues?
Speaker 4: Well, one of the first best thing President Trump did is designated terurist organization. Because you start to have killed more Americans and every turnance organization were combined. We knew that. That's why there's so much buy on some Mexico. The last four years, cartels were fighting each other for control of the Plauzas. Why because they're making record amounts of money, smuggling people, record amount of money and trafficking women and children, and a record amount of money moving dope across that border. Now, with the board secure, we're hitting them where it hurts. Are smugglings down, both drugs and people. Trafficking is down, So we're hitting where it hurts. That's why the latest intelligence force I see they're trying to produce and push more fatanol into Asian European nations because their market here the United States has been so brutally attacked. I wish what would happen is that Mexico would agree with President Trump to let us help them take the cartels and wipe them off the face of the ears. Because right now they're like the holical cartel. They're in forty four countries around the globe. They're like a fortune five hundred company. It's going to take the United States to take them on. Mexico's failed for decades to do it, and a lot of mech sure you know that military police and government forstses are corrupt. I'll say this, A lot of the corruption is force corruption. Because you're a police officer Mexo. You're making you know, four hundred dollars a month, but a Mexican tartel comes up and obviously ten thousand look the other way, and you're going to take it? Are they going to kill you and your family? I think Mexico will be a much safer and much prosper more prosperous country if they let President Trump help them hpe the cartels off the face of the ear.
Speaker 3: Look that that is absolutely right. And let me underscore that point. A lot of people don't realize, particularly those on the left, that that what Joe Biden the Democrats did, it wasn't just horribly cruel to the American people, it was horribly cruel to Mexican nationals in Mexico. Turning these vicious criminals into the most powerful economic force in Mexico has increased the murder rate, the crime rate, the kidnapping rate rate. I visited with with a Mexican mayor of a town on the other side of the border, and I'm not going to say which mayor because he told me in confidence because he was afraid.
Speaker 1: But he said in his town.
Speaker 3: They had had over three thousand disappearances, just people Mexican nationals living in Mexico who just ran a foul of the cartel and they just disappear and they find mass graves and the suffering and murder and kidnapping that that that has happened in Mexico because of the Democrats political decision I think was cruel and horrible. And and Tom, you're exactly right that the US military can take out the cartels, and we've done it before in Colombia. President Uribe asked the military to come in and take out the cartels in Colombia, and we came in and did that, and we could do it again. And and I do think it would be much better if the Mexican government invited US in. It would have transformational impact within Mexico.
Speaker 5: To say a lot of lives, like say, lexing cartoons have killed thousands of judges and prosecutors and journalists, yeah.
Speaker 4: And citizens.
Speaker 5: So you know, I wish they I wish they'd joined with President Trump and that would be a game changer, uh for Mexico and the United Things.
Speaker 3: All right, final question, we saw just this week that that New Jersey Democrat Congresswoman Lamonica mac Ivor was charged for assaulting law enforcement at an ICE facility. Uh, tell me, tell us how important that is and and what do you think about about the fact that that charges were brought for assault. We saw during the Biden administration repeatedly, Uh, law enforcement, Customs, border patrol, ICE agents were subject to physical assault, no charges were brought. How important is it that that these charges were brought?
Speaker 4: The suns of strong messs is very important and also proves that on bluff I'd said them the David auguration. If you want to not support ICE, well, shame mind you, but you have that right. You want to protest against ICE and to protests against Trump's policies, that's fine. If you want to watch ICE come in and clean your city up because you're a sanctuary city, don't want to help, you can do that too, But ICE had from day one. You can't cross that line. You can't cross the line of impediment. That's a felony. You can't cross the line on noialing and harboring, concealing and able to go amis MICE, that's a felony. You certainly can't commit criminal trespasses at our facilities, and for God's sake, you can't put hands on I ice officers. And this happened during the same time frame. The same week I went to Blue Mass in Washington, d C. And Remembrance of the men and women in law enforce and put their lives on the lines of this country every day. So we spent a week just just just praising these men and women, talking to their families who also paid the ultimate sacrifice. They lost the loved one forever, children lost their fathers and mothers, and mothers and fathers lost their sons and daughters. In the same week we're supposed to be honor in law enforcement, you got some of the member Congress putting their hands in shoving an ICE officer, which makes that facility very unsafe. And I'm sick and tired of hearing what we have congression oversight responsibilities. There is a right way and wrong way to do it. You don't force your way in the facility. You don't put hands on an officer. We do oversight all the time. And what are they finding out as people are getting tours in that facility that they have the highest detention standards in the industry and It puts every every other detention center in jail in the state of New Jersey, whether it is a county or state. It puts them to shame because our detention standards are so high. So when you go and calls that kind of practice, where we're trying to maintain a facility with very dangerous people inside, we got to protect not only the criminals, we gotta protect the employees and the citizens on the outside. What she did was just horrendous. She put hands on an officer. Like they said for four years, no one's above the law. You're damn right. They're not above the law, even members of Congress. The president is above the law, but these are members of Congress.
Speaker 3: Look amen, And I will say, Tom, I've I've visited dozens of ICE facilities and CBP facilities. I've never found it difficult to refrain from physical assault on an officer. Somehow, that temptation was never there for me, and in fact for the opposite. It is my job to have their backs. That's a job I take incredibly seriously. And I just want to say, Tom, you were a patriot, You were a great American. We have roughly a million unique listeners who listened to verdict and I want to say, on behalf of all of them, and on behalf of thirty one million Texans, thank you for what you are doing. You are keeping my children safer and Tom I am grateful you are on that frontline for us, and you and President Trump are making a massive difference for the entire country.
Speaker 4: Well, I appreciate that, but I'm not going to take credit. Please give the thing for your listeners. You see a borbous agent, Yes, just say thank you, because I cannot believe that. We knew they're going to take hate as soon as President Something got back in. But say thank you because these men, women, their mothers and fathers too. They don't hang their heart on a hook at home. When they go to work, they see a lot of terrible things. They put the life on the line. At three o'clock this morning, when everybody is sleeping, Me and Sender is sleeping. At three am this morning, there's borbite laces and standing on a dirt trail someplace going to take something on. They don't know if it's just an illegal alien or heavily armed drug smunker. They're going to take it on in the nearest back of us miles away. God bless the men and women of borbetow, God best the women of Vice, and God bless this great nation. We're taking it.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Amen, don't forget. We do this show Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Speaker 2: Hit that subscriber auto download button on those in between days.
Speaker 1: Grab my podcast, the Ben Ferguson Podcast.
Speaker 2: I'll keep you update on the latest breaking news there as well and the Center, and I will see you back here on Friday morning.