Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with all States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one twenty eight, What's right with Nick right now? Our first show without Demons is also our first show with a sponsor, brought to you by our friends at Visa. What's right? That's all it took Demonse State New York.
Speaker 3: We go to Arizona.
Speaker 2: We're out of the Super Bowl, and we've got you know, one of America's greatest companies sponsoring the show. So shout out to Visa. So we are live at the super Bowl. My team is in the super Bowl. It's you know, not only my team, but you know, the most talented player we've ever seen a team that's about to start a dynasty, and yet despite all of that, somehow the NBA found a way to make themselves the lead of the show. We will get to that in a moment. We'll get to what we're not talking about in the moment. If you're new to the show, keep in mind, jump into the chat. You can ask questions, you can vote in our polls, and in the third block of the show, the third segment, I will answer those questions of yours. And also, I'm told Demonse is active in the chat right now, and I think he's mixing some things up with our listeners and viewers. I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not, but it's fine. So here's what's not on today's show. Kyrie makes his MAVs debut, scores twenty four points, they win, not in the show. Jalen Brown elbowed by Jason Tatum it's gonna miss some time with a facial frackure that's not in the show. And Aaron Rodgers doing four days and four nights in total darkness so he can make the decision spoiler alert. He knows what the decision is. He's going to decide to accept the sixty million dollars that he gets by playing next season.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what's not in the show. Here's what is in the show.
Speaker 2: Somehow, as I mentioned, the Chiefs are in the super Bowl, yet it is not the top story. Somehow, the Lakers finally traded Russell Westbrook and Lebron passed Kareem since we last talked, and that is not the top story.
Speaker 3: Because late last night, I'd.
Speaker 2: Love to be able to tell you this happened while I was sleeping, But this happened while I was in a very juicy plo game at Casino Arizona, just twenty minutes from the hotel.
Speaker 3: I had to pull me away from it.
Speaker 2: But while I was playing in that game, round eleven pm, Arizona time, Kevin Durant was traded to the Phoenix Suns. So Bill Barnwell this point, and it's a good point. We'll talk about every angle of this, which was Kevin Durant.
Speaker 3: This last four days.
Speaker 2: Were the first four days of Durant's career since he was a Seattle Supersonic as a rookie, that he was on a team without another future first ballot Hall of Famer and my guy just couldn't stand it. Get me out of here. What do you you expect me to carry? These bumps? Not happening? He gets traded, He's now a Phoenix Sun. I actually do not think the biggest story here, for my purpose is the most interesting story I should say, is what it means for the Suns.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that in a second.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about what this means for the Nets and what this means for Durant. So for the Nets, they have shown no consistency in their moves, and that I'm not talking about over the last three years. I'm literally talking about over the last three days. And that is because as I get a coffee delivered to me, see this is great. This stuff never happens when we're live in the studio in New York City. I got to go to the bodega next door. I got to make sure the door still locks and no one breaks into the boutiqu while we're recording the show. Now I have Fox executives like Angie Modterrazzi, sorry if I'm mispronounced your last name, and bringing me coffee, but you know, just waiting on me hand. And but it's unbelievable Okay, Now to the point the Nets traded Kyrie, fine, no problem. He was burning it down there, like he burnt it down in Boston, like he burnt it down with the Calves, and like he probably unfortunately eventually burn it down with the Mavericks. But they traded him for pieces that help you. Right now, Dorian Finney Smith is a super useful player if you're trying to win playoff games. Knockdown threes, guard the other team's best wing. Makes sense. Spener Dinwiddie limited, but can get you buckets. And they only got one draft pick out of that, one first round pick. The reason you trade Kyrie for that and not for a draft pick laden package or a young Blue Chipper is because you're like, well, we're rolling with Durant. We're gonna see what Durant can do, see if we can maybe flip Dinwitty for something additionally.
Speaker 3: But now three days later you trade Durant and you're ripping the whole thing down to the studs. So there is no consistency.
Speaker 2: In your moves. If you were ripping it down to the studs. If that is what you want to do, so be it. But if that's what you want to do.
Speaker 3: Then you've got it.
Speaker 2: Then the better trade for Kyrie, honestly, was probably the Lakers trade that would have gotten you two first round picks. You can maybe argue the Sun trade if you really wanted to then be able to flip Chris Paul somewhere else and get.
Speaker 3: Picks for that.
Speaker 2: But the Nets, they owe their own draft pick. Here's what their draft capital as far as their own draft picks are. Twenty three, that's this year. It won't matter. Twenty five and twenty seven, the Rockets can swap with them. Twenty four and twenty six, they just give their first round pick to the Rockets, so for the next five seasons it does not behoove them to be terrible. So how do you trade Kevin Durant and not get a blue chip or back or great draft capital a nick They got four first rounders for the Suns. The Suns for the entirety of the time that those first round picks are conveying, will have Devin Booker. Forget how much of the time they have Durant because he is thirty four and he's.
Speaker 3: Fickle, he could leave.
Speaker 2: But with eighton, who's a flawed player, but fine and Booker locked up long term, those.
Speaker 3: Picks are not going to be great picks.
Speaker 2: So the too long, didn't read version of this is I don't think Sean Marx knows what the hell he's doing. And this experiment in Brooklyn is one of the most just never even got off the ground. You can't even call it an era, just utter failures. And now we move to what it means for the Suns on paper this moment, are they the favorites in the West? Probably? On paper right now? Is Durant in a good position to win another title?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 2: Does this, however, raise the stakes for Durant in ways that I don't think they have been raised for him since Oklahoma City unequivocally.
Speaker 3: And here's what I mean.
Speaker 2: This Sun seemed two years ago, made the finals last year, they were the number one seed before Luca knocked him out. Now, the way the Suns people will tell you they had a COVID outbreak within the team or some other issues and that's what happened. But whatever, this is a team that has a top fifteen guy in Booker, that has Chris Paul, who is at a different place of his career, one of the best leaders in the Sport and now Kevin Durant, and you add DeAndre Ayden to it. I like Monti Williams, the West is wide open. I totally understand why Kevin Durant, why the Sons would do this. It's a no brainer for them. For Durant, however, he is now in a position he was not in in Brooklyn. Maybe he would have been. But if we go through the timeline in Brooklyn, first year out with an achilles, second year, they trade for Harden, everyone expects them to win. However, then Harden gets hurt, Kyrie gets hurt. Durant gets knocked out in round two and got credit for that. People loved what Kevin Durant did in that series against the Bucks. I was one of them. I thought Game five against the Bucks two years ago was the single best performance of Kevin Durant's career. And then Game seven, he goes toe to toe with Giannis, toe to toe, literally toe on the line.
Speaker 3: They don't win the game.
Speaker 2: Last year, they get dog walked in round one, but not a lot of smoke for Durant. Yeah, he didn't play well in that series, but everyone understandably was putting all the blame on Kyrie, because Kyrie blew the team up this year. This team was eighteen and three over a twenty one game stretch, then Kyrie blew the team up again. If Katie had just stood Pat, he was in a position.
Speaker 3: With some good defenders, some good shooters.
Speaker 2: If he can go Pantheon for a playoff run, like we know he can, but we've never seen him do without Steph Curry alongside him, without being the massive favorite he could have to me added a notch in his legacy belt. Now he's in a position where anything short of winning the championship, people are gonna come for him. Maybe don't care, maybe they'll win the title. But and if they do, you know what, if Chris Paul gets a championship, I think everyone's gonna be happy to a agree, except for the half dozen people he's elbowed or punched in the growing throughout his career. So those people will be angry. Julius Hodge holds that meeting every first Tuesday of every month, the Chris Paul Haters Club.
Speaker 3: It's a rapidly expanding group.
Speaker 2: But uh, it's an odd It's an odd spot for Durant basketball wise.
Speaker 3: I like the fit.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why they And last thing point on this, you cannot convince me the Nets couldn't have gotten a bigger, a better return if they had traded him this past summer or next summer. I don't understand how they didn't get a better return. Right now, you're telling me New Orleans, which has way more valuable draft picks than Phoenix. They have two Laker picks they can do things with. They have all types of picks. You're telling me New Orleans wouldn't have given you brandon ingram and a peace or two plus a bunch of picks for Kevin Durant and said, when Zion gets healthy, we have Durant Zion.
Speaker 3: CJ. McCollum. I don't understand how this is the best move the Suns could have made.
Speaker 2: Now we move on to the greatest basketball player anyone's ever seen and the scoring title and the Russell Westbrook trade.
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 2: Lebron breaking the scoring record, it's we've talked about it on this show, I talked about on the TV show. And we're live out here at the super Bowl. What's right with the great presented by our friends at Visa. So I don't we don't have to belabor the scoring record point too much. However, I do just want to give some context to it, which is, will this record ever be broken? So here's all you need to know. No one in league history has ever averaged more than thirty points a game. It's Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain to the guys to average thirty. So let's just say someone comes into the league and can score like Jordan thirty a game. And let's also recognize that Lebron is not done scoring. He's at thirty eight thousand and change, right, So let's say, just for simple math, here he plays a couple more years and finishes at forty two thousand. Even so at thirty points a game, how many games do you need to play to get to forty two thousand points? That's easy math. Forty two thousand and five. By thirty, we're at fourteen hundred games. What's that mean? Well, if you played for twenty years and average seventy games a year and average thirty points a game for your career, that is forty two thousand points. And I understand some people say, oh, well people score more now, yeah, but they also play they play fewer games. So I say all that to say this, this record ain't being broken while I'm alive, And oh, Nick could like, what about current players?
Speaker 3: How close is Steph? Context?
Speaker 2: Take all of Steph's career points, add to it all of Damian Lillard's career points, and you barely pass Lebron. What about Luca? What would Luca have to do? All Luca would have to do to break this record is play fourteen more years and average thirty a game, playing seventy two games a year. He's never played seventy two. What about Giannis? Jiannis needs twelve more years of thirty points? Again, what about Durant? Durant needs six more full seasons at thirty points a game. So no active player is going to come within snipping distance of it. And I don't think this record's going to be broken. And it really is going to put the Jordan acolytes in a logical vice when you break down the fact, well, who was better younger?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: When Lebron was twenty one, he finished second in league MVP voting. Michael Jordan at that age was getting bounced in the sweet sixteen. When Lebron was twenty two, he was taking Sasha Pavlovitch to the NBA finals. Jordan was getting beaten round one by Sidney Moncreek. Well, when Lebron was in his late thirties, he was averaging thirty a game for a sub five hundred team. Jordan was averaging twenty a game for a sub five hundred team. Well, what about the peaks of their career. Well, Lebron had a ten year stretch where he went to nine finals, won four rings. Jordan, Yes, he won six in an eight year stretch. Lebron in those finals beat a top fifteen all time player in Tim Duncan, beat a top fifteen all time player in Steph Curry, beat a top fifteen all time player in Kevin Durant. Jordan in those finals beat one top twenty all time player in Magic Johnson. When Magic Johnson was he was still great, but not at the peak of his powers. There we are running out of excuses as to why the guy who played the longest at the highest level against the toughest competition, with the most media scrutiny with doing everything just right. And one other note here, Well, what about what the help he had? The teammate who played the most games ever with Michael Jordan was Scottie Pippen. The teammate who played the most games ever with Lebron James is a drunasogowskis Second place, by the way is Anderson Bereja. The coach Michael Jordan played under the most games was Phil Jackson. The coach Lebron James played under the most games is Mike Brown. And so I'm gonna go ahead and say that the guy who's gonna finish with ten thousand more career points than Jordan when the only argument for Jordan is he was a better scorer. And when you ask people to explain that, they start saying things like you had to be there and just trust me. This Lebron Jordan debate is going to look like a foolish one, which then brings us to the context in which he broke the record, which was his teammates not being bothered to try, which is why the Lakers had to make the move that they made yesterday trading Russ. And I do like the pieces they got back, I also think they have another move to make. So here's a nuance of the trade. The first round pick they traded is top four protected that there is. All right, we're gonna get real nerdy here for a moment. There is usually a detriment to protecting your draft picks, which is it encumbers the future picks you can trade, so you're not allowed to trade back to back picks in the in the NBA, So if you have if you trade your twenty twenty seven pick, you can't trade your twenty twenty eight pick. You can't trade another pick to your twenty twenty nine pick. With that said, if you protect that pick and then it's like top four protected, and in the next year it's unprotected, you then the twenty twenty eight pick becomes encumbered because it theoretically could be the pick you trade, which then means you can't trade the twenty twenty nine It gets complicated. I know that's probably not that interesting, but this is what matters. The Lakers protected the twenty twenty seven pick one through four. If it ends up falling one through four, it just turns into a second round pick. That matters because it means they can still this moment cleanly trade the twenty twenty nine first round pick, and by three pm today I think it's on the board. They will have traded Patrick Beverley for Boyan Bogdanovitch, including that twenty twenty nine first round pick. You do that, and you're cooking with gas if you're the Lakers, if you figure out what's going on with Anthony Davis. Because the other odd thing about that record was every single person in that arena was standing except for ad. He seemed disengaged and disinterested. I have a theory this is backed up by no reporting is back I am personally reporting this based on vibes. I think Anthony Davis got wind that when the Lakers were calling about Kyrie, they also said, all right, just curious you move in Durant. Anthony Davis for Durant. Any interest there I think he got. I think he got winned. His name was in trade rumors and he detached from the team on that night. If Anthony Davis reconnects with the level Lebron's playing at and now some legitimate shooting, listen, I don't love D'Angelo Russell. I do like Malik Beasley, and we'll see if they make another move. The Lakers could be interesting championship level, probably not, but interesting. So I don't I said on TV yesterday that if the Lakers make no moves, Lebron should never play another game for them.
Speaker 3: He broke the record with them, he brought them a championship. He did his job.
Speaker 2: The Lakers are now at least attempting to feel a competitive roster. There's only twenty seven games left, though it's unbelievable, only twenty seven games left. If we think you got to be five hundred to make the play in they're twenty five and thirty.
Speaker 3: Do they have a sixteen and eleven stretching them?
Speaker 2: We'll find out now as we do what's right with Nick Great presented by Visa, we get to the stadium behind me and the reason we're.
Speaker 3: Here, which is the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So what our wonderful producers at Blue Duck here have said, we should talk about his legacies? They right, The legacies of the Chiefs, coach and quarterback Combo will change this weekend. Who has more to gain? Who has more to lose? Between Mahomes and Reed? All right, let me talk about this more to lose nonsense, And this is so much and I'm sorry to once again bring a basketball, but so much of how the modern sports fan consumes content is actually some It is media reverse engineering to explain the endpoint of the story being Michael Jordan's the greatest athlete ever.
Speaker 3: So what do I mean? What I mean is.
Speaker 2: Folks decided ten to fifteen years ago in ways that never stand up to even the smallest logical push that losing in the playoffs is fine unless you get all the way to the final game of the season and lose that one, in which case you stink it was a failure.
Speaker 3: And that is the context with which we could talk.
Speaker 2: About Mahomes or Andy Reid's legacy taking a hit.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: The reason that is an absurdity is because had Patrick Mahomes in a game, he was an underdog at home. Had Patrick Mahomes, they actually went off as a slight favor But they are under most of the week on one leg lost to the Bengals last year. Last week, no one would be saying his legacy took a hit because you're allowed to lose pre Super Bowl or pre NBA finals and nobody cares.
Speaker 3: But it's idiotic. It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: It should always be good to win, and you should never get credit for losing earlier.
Speaker 3: And because around along.
Speaker 2: That same logic, Mahomes has had one playoff melt down his entire career, the AFC Championship game last season, and nobody kills him for it. And it makes no sense because what I know is had Mahomes not had that meltdown, played well in that game and then lost the Super Bowl, all we'd be hearing this week is ah the guys wanted to do in Super Bowls And it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't. It makes no sense on any level.
Speaker 2: But that's where this is coming from, right, So, Patrick Mahomes, what he has to lose is I would argue nothing. And similarly with Andy Reid, these are both made men and they're playing an excellent team overall team. And Mahomes already has elevated himself to a place faster than any athlete I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: And the place is this.
Speaker 2: He has not started five full seasons yet, and he already is in a spot where his only competition or ghosts and legends, nobody can have the Mahomes versus Allen or Burrow or Trevor or Herbert or Hurts conversations. All the only people he's competing with are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana. Now that eventually, like so For Lebron, that eventually happened, but first it was Lebron versus Kobe, Then it was Lebron versus Durant, then Lebron versus Steph and only sixteen years into his career did it become Lebron versus Ghosts.
Speaker 3: For Tom Brady, for.
Speaker 2: Twelve years it was Brady versus Manning, and then eventually it became fifteen years Brady versus Ghosts, and then then it became Brady versus No.
Speaker 3: One. Mahomes already has elevated himself to that place.
Speaker 2: If he wins, you can make a very strong argument he's the second greatest quarterback of all time.
Speaker 3: There is no argument that he is not top four all time. If he wins.
Speaker 2: The full list of quarterbacks in NFL history that have two Super Bowls and two League MVPs, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning with a when Mahomes joins it. The full list of quarterbacks in NFL history that have two Super Bowl, two Super Bowl MVPs, and two League MVPs.
Speaker 3: Joe Montana, Tom Brady. That's the list.
Speaker 2: Mahomes can join that group. For Andy, it is a very interesting spot. So the the Andy reid resume is I think far better than people think. So. Andy Reid right now is fifth on the all time wins list. Next year he will become fourth. He is three behind Tom Landry. Tom Landry's at two fifty, Belichicks at two ninety eight, George Hallis three eighteen, Don Schulett three twenty eight. All time playoff wins, Andy Reid has the second most of all time. Andy Reid has been to let me count him off, one, two, three, four five.
Speaker 3: He has been to ten conference championship games.
Speaker 2: Andy Reid has been to the playoffs eighteen times.
Speaker 3: He has been to the Super Bowl four times.
Speaker 2: If he wins, you start having the discussion is he a top five coach?
Speaker 3: Ever?
Speaker 2: I would argue he already is a top ten coach. Ever, but he starts getting in the true upper crest with a victory, and if he loses it, I'm absolutely not gonna be someone that kills a guy who all all he has done is have average to slightly above average quarterbacks for the entirety of his career and had them have career years and then finally got a great quarterback and they host the AFC Championship Game every single year and make the Super Bowl sixty percent of the time. All right. Lastly, the other side of this game, the Philadelphia Eagles is what my producer's right here. Philly's been the one seed all year in their favorite Sunday, Yet they keep saying they're being disrespected. As a believer in bulletin board material, does this scare you? The thing is they're not being disrespected by the Chiefs, by the media, maybe by me, sure, but neither of these teams for this game can effectively play.
Speaker 3: The No one believes in us car.
Speaker 2: The reason people have some yab butts about the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Are totally legitimate.
Speaker 2: Yes, they have a dominant pass rush and their defensive numbers look great. They also have played one of the worst collections of quarterbacks you'll ever see. And when you look at the only quality, true quality quarterbacks they have played all year, you say Dak you say Rogers, you say the Prince that was promised, you say Jared Goff. Every single one of those quarterbacks, aside from the Prince that was promised, scored at least thirty three points on Philly. Prince that was promised started that game up fourteen to nothing. There was then a torrential downpour and he started just fumbling the ball. I mean, he had five turnovers in that game. They still scored twenty one the Eagles. Since let me get the exact date on this, since Christmas Day. Here the entire list of quarterbacks that they have faced, Andy Dalton, Davis Webb, Daniel Jones, and then the Brock Purty, Josh Johnson, combo. So you take that, you then also take the fact that while everyone likes Jalen Hurts, he has not been the same player since he hurt his shoulder. Jalen Hurts was having an unbelievable season and then in the Bears game, he hurt his shoulder. Since then, he threw two hundred and twenty nine yards, zero touchdowns, one pick against the Giants backups. He threw one fifty four against the Giants in the playoff game and ran the and threw for one twenty one against the Niners, forty yards of which were on an incompletion. He has in the three games since he hurt his shoulder run the ball for a total of eighty six yards on twenty nine carries. He has not been the same guy. And you can say, well, the Eagles offense hasn't struggled, and if you look at points scored, that's true. But in that Niner game, they didn't have two hundred and seventy yards of offense. It was the Niners fumbling the ball, it was defensive penalties extending drives. It was the Niners eventually having all motivations sapped because they were running the veer and the winging t offense. So if Jalen hurts, he doesn't even have to play Mahomes to a draw. If he can play Mahomes to ten nine rounds instead of ten eight rounds, the Eagles should win the game. I do not think he can, and I think the Kansaity Chiefs win this game. Now, the producers want me to give you a score prediction. I'm not ready to do that yet. What I will tell you is this, the Chiefs have either won or lost by four or fewer points for thirty two games in a row. Blowing this team out is not available. You add to it that the Chiefs have played far tougher competition to get here, and that they are healthier right now than they have been at any point all year. McCole Hardman being out for this game, notwithstanding he was out for the last.
Speaker 3: Three months of the regular season.
Speaker 2: There is a script where the Kansaity Chiefs start this game out fourteen to nothing and the Eagles are in real, real trouble. There's also a script for the Eagles keep it close. The keeping it close part. However, the Chiefs have played a bunch of four quarter nip and tuck games all year, including both of their playoff games.
Speaker 3: The Eagles have not. I don't know they're ready for it.
Speaker 2: Sirianni's first Super Bowl, Jalen Hurts his first Super Bowl versus Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. Give me the Chiefs and give me the beginnings of a dynasty, and by the beginnings of I mean were full on into it. Five years the worst you ever did if they win on Sunday. The worst season they had under Patrick Mahomes would have been his first season as a starter, hosting the AFC Championship Game and losing in overtime. The second worst season would have been last year, hosting the AFC Championship Game and losing in overtime. Patrick Mahomes has lost three playoff games, ever, two of them were overtime. Field goals in the AFC title game, and one was a Super Bowl that we don't talk about. Take quick break, come back, find more reasons for you guys to sign up with our friends at Visa. Answer your questions in a moment, but first we're gonna play game.
Speaker 3: Take quick Break. What's Right Live from the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome back in Episode one twenty eight. What's Right with the Right Live from the Super Bowl. Today's show presented by Visa. And you know what, thanks to our friends and Visa, we have a brand new segment called Change Makers. Super Bowl Change Makers. Let's talk change makers in the Super Bowl. Everyone's right rightfully focused on Mahomes verse Hearts. But the game, of course, is gonna be a little bigger than that. The question I'm being asked is outside of the quarterbacks, who will be the biggest change.
Speaker 3: Maker in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: So I think folks would expect me to say Travis kelce Travis Kelcey, who comes into this game with the second most yards, second most touchdowns, and second most catches in playoff history, not amongst tight ends, amongst all players, Travis. It is Jerry Rice number one on every list, Travis Kelcey number two on every list.
Speaker 3: One list. Travis Kelcey actually is number one on is.
Speaker 2: Playoff yards per game as a receiver all time leader, But he is not my answer. It is someone else who is top three all time historically in the playoffs, who plays for the Chiefs. So who could I be talking about? Because you guys said other than the quarterbacks. Would you believe me if I told you all time NFL history playoff sack leaders list goes like this. Number one Willie McGinnis at sixteen, Number two Bruce Smith at fourteen and a half.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna skip.
Speaker 2: Three for a moment. Number four is Drell Suggs at twelve and a half. Number five is Reggie White at twelve. Number three with thirteen and a half career playoff sacks, one sack out of second place and two and a half sacks out of the most all time is Frank Clark, Chiefs defensive end. One of the first major acquisitions Brett Beach Chiefs GM made trading a first round pick for Frank Clark. If we're being honest, Frank has been underwhelming in every regular season of his career with the Chiefs, and then has turned into a different player each and every postseason. Frank Clark the year the Chiefs won the Super Bowl had five se that run. The next year when they made the Super Bowl, he had three, and this year he already.
Speaker 3: Has two and a half.
Speaker 2: Whether it's on Lane Johnson side who's dealing with a torn groin, or whether it's on the other side, left tackle, I think Frank Clark is going to make a splash play in this game or two. I think Frank Clark is going to move into second place on the all time playoff sack list, And I think wild Everyone is focused on Chris Jones, who arguably was the best defensive player in the entire league this year. Frank Clark could make a big player two. So I'm gonna say he's our change maker, presented by our friends at Visa time. Now for a game we call it right or Wrong, Vegas has Jalen Hurds his rushing total at forty eight and a half. Right or wrong, Hurts will be a more lethal runner than passer in this game.
Speaker 3: I think that is right.
Speaker 2: I think that the Chiefs, while they have listen, they've played Josh Allen, They've played Joe Burrow twice. They have a lot of experience against good quarterbacks. They played the Prince. They don't have a ton of experience against the league's most mobile quarterbacks. And I'm very interested this year. That is, I'm very interested to see how they do on the Reid option. I'm very interested to see how they defend it. I just mentioned Frank Clark if he keeps his lain integrity, if you will, and I think Jalen's going to struggle throwing the football. So I am more worried about Jalen Hurts as a runner, particularly in that third and one and fourth and one where they've kind of hacked the system on how to get those.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna say that is right.
Speaker 2: Next report surface this week than in twenty eleven, during the NBA's lockout, Lebron considered trying out for the Cowboys. Right or wrong, Lebron would have been an all pro all right, Demanse Mike, And by the way, I am now learning a lot of people who watch this show, some of whom work for the company, are unaware that Demonse's my son. And I said to two people in the last week host the podcast with my son and it's people that watch the show, and said, that's your kid. I'm like, yeah, you thought he got the gig based on No, I'm kidding, Demonse, You've done a great job. And I know he's in the chat, and I also know he's gonna kill me for this take here. But of course Lebron would have been an unstoppable tight end. The guy is the greatest athletic specimen the world has ever produced. Yeah, I think he could have been an all pro tight end for the Cowboys. Jimmy Graham was an all pro. Of course Lebron could have been. That's not even worth debating. Next Trey talks from Derek Carr begun right or wrong, the Saint to the right match for Derek Carr wrong. I the Saints need to admit that it is time to tear it down. I don't think people because the Saints keep putting it no pun intended for our friends at Visa, putting it all on the credit card. I want people to understand something here. Okay, the Saints at this moment are sixty two million dollars over next year's salary cap. They are incomprehensibly fifty seven million over the following year's salary cap. So and I know that they're just gonna keep doing these funny contracts with void years and dead money. But eventually that shell game ends, and so they are. They are in a position, dead money wise, setting themselves up for pain we've never seen. I understood them doing it when Drew was there and they were like, let's try to peel one.
Speaker 3: More super Bowl.
Speaker 2: But it's now over for them and they need to take their medicine and tear it down.
Speaker 3: They refuse to do it.
Speaker 2: I think it would be not wishful thinking, it would be delusional thinking to act as if bringing in Derek Carr is going to make you a real contender. It's just gonna avoid the inevitable reality. I mean, this is a team that traded away this year's first round pick because they thought they were close.
Speaker 3: They're not close. Next, people are excited for this year's halftime show.
Speaker 2: Damn straight, right or wrong, Rihanna is the best possible halftime performer in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: You know what I am. I am not going listen.
Speaker 2: I think Rihanna is brilliant performer and somehow an even more brilliant business woman. With that said, this question, I'm too smart to answer this question.
Speaker 3: This question is just setting me up for failure.
Speaker 2: No matter what is, I'm either gonna insult Beyonce or the late Great Prince or get people mad. And I don't need rihanna fans upset with me. I you know what I mean, Steven a walk so other of us can run. I'm not falling into that trap.
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited for Rihanna. I think it's gonna be great. She hasn't performed in like a decade. It'll be wonderful. I'm not answering that question. Next, everybody knows I'm not big on fancy football, and I don't like what we would call non traditional gamble, right or wrong?
Speaker 3: I hate Super Bowl squares. No, you nailed it, guys.
Speaker 2: Can can I know it's the Super Bowl, but can we still gamble with some dignity? Can we please be grown ups? You want to go, just have random? If a random square hits, win money. Every city in America's got a bingo parlor.
Speaker 3: Go there.
Speaker 2: This is the And I wish demons were here because I'm not. I'm guessing he doesn't even isn't familiar with squares, but once he becomes familiar with it, he's gonna love it. And you have four chances to win the quarters, the half, the end of the game. There is no skill to it whatsoever. No, I'm not into super Bowl squares. I'm not into gimmicky gambling. Same reason I I'm not into I know, bet the games, study the games, make educated guesses, put your money in, don't hedge. These are all things just like you know what, people say we need to remake the educational system in America, and I agree with them, like spending time like teaching our kids cursive when we should be teaching them like how to type spending time. There are certain things. It's like you graduate from high school and you have the periodic table memorized, but you don't know how you know how to balance it. Well, I guess bouncing a check book is kind of archaic at this time as well. But you don't know how to apply for an apartment or a car loan and things like that. And I'm sure, by the way, our friends of visa can probably help you with all those things.
Speaker 3: But uh, but.
Speaker 2: I would like now the gambling is legal and in the mainstream, there to be, you know, an entry level optional course at colleges of how to gamble with some dignity and self respect and how to and how to do it properly, responsibly and not sound like a child demands types in I don't know what they are indeed yet. The shortthand of Super Bowl squares is this. You have a grid of zero to nine, zero to nine, so one hundred possible outcomes, and you randomly get assigned and so the X access would be the Chiefs, the Y access would be the Eagles. And let's say the square you get is four six in the it's a four for the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: And a six for the Eagles. That'd kind of be a bad square.
Speaker 2: But if any quarter ends where the single digit number for either team's score hits both of yours, you win the pot for that quarter. So if you had four Chiefs six Eagles, your possible outcomes would be a fourteen to six Chiefs lead, fourteen to sixteen Eagles lead. So obviously, on squares, the most valuable spots of the zeros, the threes, the sevens, and the fours, what you don't want is a nine to five square.
Speaker 3: You just rip your square off. What are you gonna do with that? It was gonna get.
Speaker 2: A nineteen or a nine to fifteen game. No, But again, I can play scratch off tickets too.
Speaker 3: I'm not into it.
Speaker 2: Last, Demanse has unmonitored access to Fox Bet back in New York while I'm here, right or wrong, Demanse's gonna bet ridiculous props without me stopping him. Demanse has been, with one exception, a responsible gambler. Now he's not been a winning gambler, but he has been a responsible gambler. And I you know, I am not going to this game because I can't watch the Super Bowl that my team's in around other people. I can watch it with Demn's at my house by ourselves. I get back to New York about one pm Sunday.
Speaker 3: Son.
Speaker 2: That gives us five hours to study these props and do them correctly. So I hope you can hold off until I get there. But I think he's gonna He's been good on this, he's been relatively speaking. You know, my dad, my dad was from Kansas City and was in New York this past weekend for my niece's birthday. And by the way, Pops, I got three kids, don't you know they all have birthdays too.
Speaker 3: Oh, but your favorite child, your daughter's kid has birthday. You gotta come to down, sorry.
Speaker 2: Dad, And he and I went out to dinner, and he tried to give me like a stern talking to about my gambling.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm worried about it. My Dad, stop it.
Speaker 2: And eventually I was like, Pops, it's in our blood. And he had the audacity to look me in mind and say, what are you talking about? And sorry, I'm now it's past statute of limitations.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 2: You're seventy years old. You're fine, lived a great life, wonderful career. No one, come get you for it, Like dad, we both know you used to make your living as a gambler. We know that when you and my mom got married, she made you quick. And you're like sheepishly and he's like, how do you know that? I'm like, I don't know, because I'm as I'm cotton it. So it's in our blood, it's into Wanta's blood. You just gotta do it responsibly. I'm not gonna tell him not to gamble. His mom might I'm not.
Speaker 3: All right. Here's the deal. I'm now gonna jump into the chat.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a very quick break here, guys, technically, if we can do it, let's try to do a sixty second break and come back and read your guys questions for the people in the YouTube chat, and then I'm gonna head right over to that building right behind me to do the television show quick break, right back, What's Right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in episode one twenty eight, What's Right with Nick Wright? What's Right with Nick Wright? Episode one twenty eight, presented by our friends at Visa Live from the Super Bowl. We now jump into the YouTube comments to read your guys comments and questions. Omayer Klein from Tel Aviv rites in when winning the title would probably be semi impressive at best. Can a failure with the Sun's hurt Katie's legacy guy says he's the number one fan in the Middle East. So, first of all, om Er, thank you so much for watching from Tel Aviv.
Speaker 3: My mom used to actually.
Speaker 2: Work with a company, a telecom company that was based in Tel Aviv, so she spent one week a month in Tel Aviv for a few years. I've never been, I hear it's absolutely a gorgeous, gorgeous city. Appreciate you watching from there. So yeah, I think the Anti just got upped massively for Durant because if while they absolutely can win the title, they also absolutely can get bounced in round two depending on the matchups, and I think that would be He was in a bit of a legacy free role in Brooklyn. Once Kyrie asked out, he would get credit for however far he took him, and if they lost early, they'd say, well, what do you want from me? He's the only start on the team. Now the Antie's been up. But what I will say about Durant is, I mean, the dude just loves playing ball. And is obviously great now, the health he and so Booker's already been hurt this year, Durant is repeatedly hurt over the last few years, and obviously Chris Paul's a major health concern. So all those things are concerning to me, and that is I just want to make one point real quick.
Speaker 3: So the one of the.
Speaker 2: Things I hear about, you know, whether or not the Lakers should have gone all in, whether or not the Lakers can win, you know, compete with Lebron at this point in his career at the championship level, is I hear all the time? Well, the injury concern. There are three all time legendary players right now in the NBA who are older, Steph Durrant and Lebron, and Lebron is obviously far older, four years older than all of them. Yet despite that, Durant, I'm sorry, Lebron is consistently, even at the most injured portion of his.
Speaker 3: Career, healthier than all of them.
Speaker 2: This year, Lebron has played forty four games, Durant has played thirty nine, and Steph has played thirty eight. All right, well, what about just take Lebron suffered his first significant injury of his career when he got to the Lakers. That's the last five years. In the last five years, Lebron has played two hundred and sixty seven games. Steph Curry in that same timeline has played two hundred and thirty nine games. Kevin Durant in that same timeline has played two hundred and seven games. Oh well, Nick, that's unfair because Durant missed the whole season.
Speaker 3: Okay, in just the.
Speaker 2: Last three years, just the last three years, Durant has played one hundred and twenty nine games, And in just the last three years, Lebron has played one hundred and forty five games.
Speaker 3: And in just the last.
Speaker 2: Three years, Steph Curry has played I think slightly more than Lebron, but right in line with it.
Speaker 3: Let me give you the.
Speaker 2: Exact number, one hundred and sixty five games. So, unless you're going to argue that Durant and Steph are too big of a health risk to try to win right now, I don't know how you can argue that with Lebron. Next, anders Olsen asks Nick, do you see any of the other top contending teams making a roster move now? In response to Kadie and Phoenix, well, Memphis needs to make a move, Denver's gonna stand pat Milwaukee and Boston could make moves around the margins. The one big move that could be coming would be Philly. They still have that Tobias contract and Maxie.
Speaker 3: If they want to move, if they want to.
Speaker 2: Add a player plus Tobias' contract to try to make a major, major move. I don't think that's gonna happen, but that would be on the board. But the biggest moves probably already got made. Justin Rimpy says Nick is a Net season ticket older as the Nets stirring it down make.
Speaker 3: You feel listen.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's obviously not great for my viewing pleasure of watching the Nets, but one of the great things about NBA season tickets is you go there to watch. Unless you're a diehard fan of the team you're going to, you go there to watch the other players as much as anything like Saturday. Obviously, you know it's the day before the Super Bowl, but Saturday the Sixers are coming to Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Seeing Embiiden Harden will be great. Now.
Speaker 2: The big bummer for me as a next season ticket holder is with Durant and Kyrie gone, the best things are the playoff games, and now even if they sneak into the playoffs, it won't be for long and so so yeah, I mean it's not ideal, but I got those season tickets, and six days later was when Durant demanded a trade this summer, and so there was a chance that it was going to be no Durant, no Kyrie all year, all right next Thomas pre Day rights or Joe Pinfield says, Hey, Nick, if Kareem had gone straight from high school to the pros, do you think the scoring title would be unbreakable? Absolutely? Absolutely. Kareem was the best basketball player alive by the time he was nineteen years old. It's why I think he's the second greatest player ever. It's why, well, you know what, I shouldn't say unbreakable, because I don't know how much longer Lebron's gonna play, but it would be, you know, in the forties as far as thousands go. And Kareem's basketball life lost once in high school, lost twice in college, National Player of the Year every year, champion every year, six championships, ten finals trips, six league MVPs. His basketball life is unimpeachable. Now Times fre Day rights very wrong on Lebron. There's so much goes that goes into being an NFL caliber player, and we have no idea if Lebron possessed those tools, but we do he was an all state high school player. Oh, Nick, what does that matter? It matters a little bit. We also know a lot of the tools are How durable are you well, he's been the most durable athlete NBA history. How big and strong are you well, he's six eight, two seventy. I listen, I'm not saying he'd be an all time great soccer player. I do think he'd be a hell of a goalie if you taught him that though, the leaping ability length like an octopus back there. But no, it's not complicated. Some of these guys. You see that there's a lot goes into being a great golfer. Yet Steph Curry and Patrick Mahomes are scratch golfers. You know why, they're just great natural athletes. Of course, Lebron could have been a tight end. Give me a break. Gabe Goodman says, Nope, not reading that question, Gabe, trying to get me canceled. That's not gonna happen. Uh, Visa, We appreciate you and we love you. Thank you for being the first ever title sponsor of What's Right with It Right. Hopefully this starts a long, fruitful relationship my friends of Visa, more friends of Visa, more friends of Visa right here. Thank you to all the viewers for watching on YouTube. And we got a monster TV show scheduled for you guys today, so ipe you check it out. And I'm gonna little little teaser for the TV show. I'm gonna really really try to WWE heel style the Eagles fans in the crowd, Like, I don't know what our security setup is, but I'm gonna push the boundaries on with these Eagles fans since we have a live studio audience for a couple of days. And one of them attacks me, I'll just throw Kevin Wilds in front of him. Talk to you guys on Monday. Enjoy the Super Bowl. Go Chief, see you on TV in a few hours.
Speaker 3: What's Right