Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 3: Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, Welcome to the show. Thanks Douglas for telling me to get my face away from the mic when.
Speaker 5: I scream into the mike.
Speaker 4: You're looking live at Tostitos Championship. Barely you can barely see it. Tostitos Championship plause outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, where it is sixty degrees and it's raining. What the hell? Where did this rain come?
Speaker 6: From?
Speaker 2: Buffalo High six to one of those.
Speaker 6: Oh hey, they're Shannon, he's Nate es is in the back. Jesse's on his way, He's stuck in this rain. But for now I am Kurt. Together, we are hanging with the Boys, sports equivalent of pro people when we speak.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Brought to each and every day by a wingstop wee And just for those of you that are interested, only two more days of this it's thirty two degrees in Buffalo with a high thirty five twenty seven but seventy three partly cloudy with a highest seventy five, and the low tonight is sixty.
Speaker 6: Four, so definitely better.
Speaker 4: There you go. So it brought y'all some goodies, Yes you did. Jesse doesn't happen yet, Mamma, gross.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you very very much.
Speaker 4: She doesn't love y'all as much as she loves Nate. He got his own designer.
Speaker 2: Yes, Christmas the.
Speaker 6: Case with everybody.
Speaker 4: DANGI they're called sand Dollar cookies, and he got his own thing of cinnamon rolls. Kurt, you got you and Jesse got some trash. Yeah, Jasmine requested these. Her birthday is Sunday, so she requested some for her birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jazz, you think Jazz is.
Speaker 6: I'd say maybe a little. Maybe she's out of school right, twenty.
Speaker 2: Four Jazz, what are you always say?
Speaker 4: Twenty one? We got some extra cinnamon rolls. So anyone in this building that listens to this show that would like some cinnamon rolls and trash that mom made. We have some to go boxes in the back.
Speaker 2: They are great.
Speaker 4: Go down and get them. First, come first, sir, Josh, you better hurry, Chris. If you want one, you better come in here and to break brother will Bro Will Bro Will We'll see after the show is over. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Do what.
Speaker 4: They're not allowed to go in there until will At you can get one. So we got we got u what four extra? So Chris or you want to claim one now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I am okay, Chris. Will Chris has a bid in on one right now.
Speaker 2: His big baby boy eat them.
Speaker 4: See he got a big old kid. Het h kid might be bigger than Chris's kid already. Will Yeah, the second one was huge. How you guys feel today?
Speaker 2: Oh? Great man? You know talk called the doctor and told him that you would be calling.
Speaker 4: And I'm I'm not messing around with that Dennis.
Speaker 6: That scare me, nobody. I'm going through Dennis problems myself with my kid.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what this is from. Do you remember when I called into the show, however many years ago, you're jacked still jacked up? This is I was so uncomfortable in the place that I went. I didn't like it. It was a bad experience. It felt like a chop shop, and and so I never went back to get my my replacement too.
Speaker 2: They put the post in and everything, but.
Speaker 4: I never went back to get the tooth, and the one next to it's jacked up. So we're just gonna go get this one fixed and then get the tooth slid back in there.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna go do.
Speaker 7: That before I go to make So go get it, man, and go in and work, and that would be cool.
Speaker 4: Seen any good movies lately?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, man, I'm just a rerun type guy.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, what's up, Jess? Good seeing you.
Speaker 4: Man? How our traffics bad with it? Where did the rain come from?
Speaker 5: Was it supposed to rain today?
Speaker 6: The weather guy?
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, we blew it from Buffalo.
Speaker 6: We got treats, Yeah, goodies, mama gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got some cinnamon rolls. Might have to share? People come down. There's some to go boxes in the back. And then that's some trash that my made.
Speaker 6: Is mine?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: That show us about sharing? Share what I come out teach that this is season two? Jolly, I'll be jolly, but I ain't sharing all right?
Speaker 4: So are we feeling any better today? We were yesterday?
Speaker 2: To days?
Speaker 4: The good talk about Kurt.
Speaker 2: We was feeling good? You the one had mixed emotion.
Speaker 4: I felt, I'm interested to see this week what everybody picks, because for the last six, seven, eight, nine weeks it's been Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys, and then all of a sudden this week, I think, Kurt, you're gonna go. You're gonna give us your pick today.
Speaker 5: Before you leave.
Speaker 4: You won't be here tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, Well, One, I picked him to lose both these games at the beginning of the year, and two I was I should have picked him. Loud was leaning towards last week, and I played with you gut, Homer, with your gut, I would probably pick against him.
Speaker 4: This probably when you have about forty thirty.
Speaker 6: Of you guys, five minutes change my mind.
Speaker 1: I like that pull over.
Speaker 5: By the way, what you hear about this offense, Well.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it. Let's get into it. Nate, you go first, because we know Jesse's gonna take the floor. You know what, there's some skilled position dudes on this.
Speaker 7: You know what this guy, they're head coach Mike McDaniel's video like guy, I mean, he's got things going and Cowboys defense don't don't play their keys. This could be a mask ball of confusion, man, it could be I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there a line a little banged up? It don't matter.
Speaker 5: And I think they're playing mind games. Actually yeah, yeah, I think they're playing mind games.
Speaker 2: They're saying some guys are well.
Speaker 5: Yesterday they didn't have one office a linement at the at the media portion of practice, not one.
Speaker 6: All of them were ound, all of them were out.
Speaker 5: Wow, y'all just go sit there cold.
Speaker 4: We'll come get you in the media leaves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these guys are ultra fast.
Speaker 7: But you know what I what I gleaned from all of this, man, what I take from all of this, and Jesse, you can tell us a little more.
Speaker 2: These guys are smart either.
Speaker 7: The coach is so smart, so he makes it simple and have them in the right place.
Speaker 2: These guys, ah, it's just so different, you know, and the way they do things.
Speaker 7: But the one thing that they have that most teams will have abundance of, you know, they just maybe have that one or two positions is I don't think they got a slow, skill positioned guy.
Speaker 2: On their team.
Speaker 7: And if and if he is, he probably on the field goal team. I'm feel with it. Just break it out.
Speaker 6: How do you how do you combat that kind of speed?
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 5: And that's the that's the thanks for the uplifting. That is the difficult part of what this offense presents. And I want to pull up because I use the I use a phrase this morning that I want to make sure I use again. Okay, I ain't gonna manage.
Speaker 2: This all right.
Speaker 5: So when you look at what this offense is, it is an office that is orchestrated by the mastermind of Mike McDaniels. And he's from the Kyle Shanahan tree. When he was over in San Francisco, he was actually the run game coordinator in San fran So when you think about what they do in the run game, think about what a lot of times what you saw in San Francisco. They're gonna use a fullback. They're gonna we know about the speed, right, here's a here's a here's a crazy number. When you think about with a chain, I think a chain.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: It's really their backup running back to Raheem.
Speaker 2: Moster, third round pick to take Sadai.
Speaker 5: He has seventy I think seventy six or seventy eight carries well the season twenty touchdown. Oh that's right, Hee, Moster. I'm I'm talking about eight chain. Pay attention to the show show's going on over here?
Speaker 6: Seventy two seventy two.
Speaker 5: He averages eight point seven eight point two yards of carry, eight thirty five yards of carrying. I was seventy yards seventy two seventy two carries. The average is eight point five yards a carry. And what you're gonna get with this offense is they are number one of the National Football League in motion. They motion over eighty percent of the time, so just the average average whatever it is they do with the most nobody motions. And the thing about their motions, their motions, they're going to be multiple motions a lot of times in their sets. So they'll come out break the whole line up, there'll be a motion.
Speaker 4: To guys go to ones. No, no, theyn't have motion set, and in another motion, Wow.
Speaker 5: They'll have one guy going motion set, and then when they bring the second guy in motion. What's really interesting and particular about that is it's the timing. This is I call it. I said that Mike McDaniel's blocking a guy is great, fantastic, But what Mike wants to do, he wants to create angle advantages with that speed. When you see that second motion come in play. It's never a second motion to get set. It's always a motion that stays in motion. And what it does is the first you come out the huddle, break line up, the first motion goes, Now, I want to see what you're gonna do, right, I'm gonna make you have to take a decision. You're gonna stay on your base or you're gonna change because because that might have shifted the power right on the throw, what's the strong side?
Speaker 2: The strength?
Speaker 5: And then they motion again, and it's in that second motion that they catch you, either changing sides, shifting over, or whatever it is. And that motion never stops. So now whatever angle they're trying to get, whatever block that they're trying to get, whatever movement they're trying to get in the second level, those linebackers are shifting over, what have you. Those guys are changing over in the back end. It catches you.
Speaker 4: And when you say that motion never stops. They're running in motion as they snap them, as they snap them, whether it's before they get to the center or after they get to the center, depending on what they're trying to do. Right, So, yeah, first when they move, they set. Second, when he moves, balls, snaps, and it's either misdirection or we're all going this way right.
Speaker 5: They want to catch you in that movement, and you're gonna see sets. You're gonna see two by twos, meaning you're gonna have, you know, two skill guys to one side, two skills out the other side. You're gonna see three by one. You're gonna see three guys lined up on one side, one guy on the other side. You're gonna see when they're in their empty three by two. I mean, they're gonna give you every single set that you can heavy twenty one. They run the most twenty one personnel in the National Football League. So again you're gonna see that full back action in their A la San Francisco. They have they have you check in San Francisco. I forget the Titans name here. He's not a check type player, but they will. They will throw them the ball at times and and then once they get it.
Speaker 6: This is a what is it ale ingle?
Speaker 5: And everything about this offense is timing tua, the routes, the motions they want to They want to get you going horizontally to attack you vertically, and then when you think they're gonna attack you vertally. Vertically, they attack you horizontally. They want to continue to create angle advantages as long as I can get you if I can get a step outside of you. If Achan gets a step on a linebacker, you're done. If Roster gets a step on a safety, you're done. And we all know if Tyreek Hill gets a step on Jesus position, you know you're done. And it's a it's a what do they say in UH in boxing? They say, UH style makes fights right? And this is this is the part that's a little bit kind of kind of almost deflating, because the style that they want you to play, the style that they they they almost kind of try to cohort you to play. We play it naturally. They want to get you a single high that's what and that's what naturally what we play. They want to get you trying to do some man and man stuff.
Speaker 2: So this is a.
Speaker 4: Terrible This is a terrible match up. But at the same time, aren't we built to face this kind of team? We quick and no, no, no.
Speaker 5: Then on top of that, especially I got one, I got one nugget that we're gonna be able to grasp. There's not there's nothing today either. It's not much to that either. Trust me, put my put your hand back in your lap like you were doing. Yes, that's about the only thing that about the whole thing. You gonna be able to grab one out of this segment. And then when it comes down to they rushed the ball the most off the edges. We struggle at setting the edges on runs.
Speaker 6: Why is that we were too small? They just don't do it.
Speaker 5: Or I wouldn't say we're too small because if you look at Tank Lawrence, he's a really good and.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 5: It's not an attack, but it's an attack. MIKEE O, Mike, I don't want to set the edge in the run game like he just And and if you when you watched last week against Buffalo Buffalo, they pretty much said, cool, we're not really gonna run a tank side. Yeah, but eleven and you others.
Speaker 2: Gid up fifty eight when they saw fifty.
Speaker 5: Eight switch switch Buffalo designed and said, fourteen, I hope, I hope you packed the lunch today because we going And that's what I kept saying weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks priorly too, when teams decided that they were going to run at fourteen. You can design stuff, but they're saying the last guy left to tackle the running back is fourteen.
Speaker 6: And are they asking fourteen to set the edge? Ors?
Speaker 5: He just d in the middle, But what they're asking him to do is they're asking him to run fit, they're asking him to come downhill and at two hundred to five pounds.
Speaker 4: He's getting lost in the in the mess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because there's big dudes in there.
Speaker 4: They're getting thrown around and he's getting bounced out.
Speaker 5: There because once you when Nate hit that table, right, he shakes everything in this room. Yeah, so imagine when these jokers get their hands on you, you're moving. You're not big enough. You're just not big enough to sustain those type of things. So, so what this team wants to do is Miami. They want to get on the edges. So, I don't know, this is not the game for dan Quinn to be stubborn. It really isn't, but it's hard to change a player's game.
Speaker 4: In the ninth inning, do they They run a lot more in the three gap right than they do inside right. Yes, they want to get on they want to get on the edges outside the tackle right.
Speaker 2: Correct, seven and nine holes? You want to call seven and nine holes.
Speaker 4: And that's where we had trouble with last week. Right, it wasn't it wasn't up the middle like it has been in the past.
Speaker 5: It was that's they had one hundred and eight yards rushing on their edge last week James Cook.
Speaker 4: With James Cook just on the edge? Can we get two dudes that are lighting it up?
Speaker 5: And and so this is gonna have to be a very focused, centered, focused game on what is this one of those deals that what they do offensively really good gives us trouble.
Speaker 4: You know what I hate about this game to eat both sides, Miami or the Cowboys, whoever wins, it's gonna be like, well, yeah, they hadn't beat anybody over five hundred. This is the first team that they're the same team.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: I'm not worried about it. But that's what everybody's gonna say.
Speaker 5: No, just win, you gotta win, you got and here's all right, So here's the nugget.
Speaker 4: And if you beat Detroit the next week, they yeah, but that's just that's Detroit. Detroit's great this year.
Speaker 5: The one advantage that we have Oh, here we go.
Speaker 4: Wait, let's do this after the break. I want you to get into this. I want to know what this is. I need want this is something I can hang on to.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, and it's something that we actually do the best in the league.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's get back to it when we come back segment.
Speaker 3: The fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties, Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamolea made with real hals avocados, will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 1: Grab some today.
Speaker 9: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and odes with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: See if Geek has your back. No matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So, whether you're a diehard fan or a dog real a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a Here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Seat Gig has you covered. Download the seat Geek after day Seed Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats. How's wing Stop sound, crispy, juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop range, and of course spicy Cajun fried cool. I think you've heard enough, get your flavored delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys. He brought to you each and every day by blockchain dot Com. Thank you blockchain dot com. And if you're just tuning in, Nate and Jesse both ruined my day yesterday by not giving me a sliver of hope. And then they started again today on Thursday, not giving me a sliver of hope. And Jesse not only didn't give me a sliver of hope, he's not even allowed me to scratch my leg today. So Jesse said he has one thing, one thing that might give me a little bit of hope that I can hang on to and that we do this better than anyone in the league.
Speaker 5: What is that, Jess Okay? So offensively for the Miami Dolphins, their offense, it's it's a timing offense, right like it. It's predicated on timing. It's predicated it on a lot of what you hear Mike McCarley talk about with Dak We want to match our routes and our routes concepts. We want to mirror those two the steps of our quarterback. And that's what they want to do in this Miami offense is that they want to go one two three balls out, one two three four five ball is out. And the way that they set up in their design is, you know, Tua doesn't have to do a lot of moving of the safeties and the stuff like that with his eyes, with his movement with his body and all that kind of stuff. The way that Mike McDaniel's excuse me, the way that Mike McDaniels sets up his routes, his motions, all of that stuff. It's built in. It's built into moving the pieces and the people that need to be moved to get the ball where it needs to go. So all Tua has to do is just trust it. Not sometimes when he throws his interceptions, because the way that they've set set this up is, hey, we're gonna do this. When they show us this, we're gonna do this. The ball goes here, right, so it's one two three, throw it there. That's where it's supposed to go. If you see this, look, it's supposed to go there. So and trusting it to a one two three, froze it there. Sometimes it doesn't always work out that way, but they're more often than not saying we're gonna trust the timing and what we do when the ball is supposed to go where it's supposed to go. Right now, the one area that the Cowboys can help prevent this thing from being a boat race.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, you want to say something I was gonna guess. You want to guess, Yeah, anticipation. No, don't get to the quarterback. I mean that's obvious, of course, and I have no idea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pressure, the Cowboys are number one pressure team in the National Football League. Well, how do you throw timing routes and timing quarterbacks off. You gotta get to the pressure right now. Unlike last week, you could hit you could hit Josh high. You're gonna hit him low. You're gonna hit him in the front, You're gonna hit him in the back. For the most part, he's gonna get up and come right back at you. Again, not to make light of but as we all know, Tua is the one quarterback in this league who does not want to get hit right with his history of concussion and so on and so forth. So if you can pressure him, if you can get to him, early. Then he's not looking at like he'll scramble, because that's just what the nature is. He doesn't want to, he doesn't want the action. He doesn't want no you don't want no smoke Like this is a guy who's like he will lay down if you get too close to him, because I mean rightfully needs he needs to write. He can't afford to have any more of those hard hit, those concussions if you're going to stop what they do, if you're going to stop what they do, especially in the passing game, and of course stopping a run game first. Oh and by the way, the Miami Dolphins are also number one in the National Football League and play actually passes. So you get the good run game going, you get guys that commit to the line of scrimmage because you don't want a chain and moster a to go you know, run by you. Well, when those guys come up into the box, sure over your head to Tyreek Hill and Janel Wattle, yeah, waddle. The Cowboys have to find a way to get pressure. And I know that everyone in the world right now was talking about Michael Parsons need to go back and play linebacker. Michael Parson needs to go back and play linebacker. All I'm saying is he needs to be going forward towards the quarterback. He needs to be going forward to the quarterback. They need to somehow, some way create pressure and that's the difficult part. If you can't get it with the four down linemen and you have to start adding guys into that rush. Right, you got it, whether it's the safety and of the linebacker, whatever, the games are that you have to play to get home. You gotta get there because if you don't and he gets to you in the back end.
Speaker 4: They're not getting pressure early. And often he's got three four or five seconds with this speed that that opens up chunk plays right, and then it's bad news.
Speaker 5: Bears right, it's going to Miami Ami whatever whatever Will Smith said, that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 6: Well, I know that. I think you said before to disrupt that timing. Can the cornerbacks, you know, the defensive backs bump them at the line or whatever, But can they do that because there's so much speed.
Speaker 5: Here's where they get you. The motion is that every time they motion, it changes kind of sort of what you do in your coverage.
Speaker 4: Hard to jam a guy when he's running.
Speaker 5: Well, not only that, because let's just say, all right, let's let's say let's say they're two by two right, Let's say they have a guideline of scrimmage and a guidless slot over here, guideline of scrimans goddess lot over here, or however you want to do it. You can do two by two in the wing. Whatever is Now what happens if or okay, let's say they have a guideline and they have a a got off thelong outside of the guy on the line. So now what happens is if I motion in.
Speaker 2: Going to.
Speaker 4: You won't be able to find this episode.
Speaker 5: When they motion, it changes the count what was the old one to kind of account for the defense. The motion changes the count, so now you went from a press to now your count changes you back off. They do a lot of they they brought the motion, this new motion into the league where they're doing the motion out. Most teams kind of do across the line of scrimmage, or they'll motion down into the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 4: They're kind of going back away from the line of.
Speaker 5: They're going towards the sideline. JO set it up, and that's how they create those windows because now that that linebacker must now get outside there, well he does that the route that was in here, he just hooks up right behind with that linebacker has to vacate because he's going out to play a running back or tight end or whoever that guy is. So that's what makes it difficult of trying the jamleman and and and and and then at the end of the day, when you line up, and this is for any position. Right when you lined up and you looked over there and it was Jerome Brown or what it was, Reggie White, your mindset was different. Yes, when you line up and you see number ten, you go the last thing I want to do is give this guy a step. I don't want to I don't even want to press them. I want to give myself the absolute advantage because Gilly can't run any of those guys, like vertically, can't roll any of those guys. Durron Blaine, I don't really can run with any of us, and that not many can't. Like that's what I'm saying. It's nothing knock on either of those guys. Most dudes can't run with any of those guys.
Speaker 4: So that being said, how big of a deal is it that doesn't look like Hankins is going to play Zach and Hooker didn't practice. Tyron didn't participate.
Speaker 5: With a back injury, right back spinal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which put a towel on it. Just get out there and play. But how big of a deal is it that being said, these guys can't run with them to have over the top help. How big of a deal is it if Hooker can't go?
Speaker 5: It's big because you, like we talked about last week, is having guys in those positions that haven't played those there was a there was sometimes last week when you had jen eron curse playing single high safety.
Speaker 4: Because I feel like McDaniel if he sees that he's going to be like guess where we're going in every single play, Like, yeah, he's not your conventional guy that goes here. He's not scared to call a play what two three times in a row and say hey five six times in a this works again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like he's like he he is that he can be a little in a good way, in a good way. When I say this, he can be a little arrogant prick in a good way, like in a good way, like oh oh, so you're not going to defend it.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh you didn't adjust.
Speaker 5: Run it again, guys, and he'll like shout it out and be like, hey, they can't stop it. Run it again, like he's that kind of a coach, and shout out to him for that, because don't make it difficult. If you don't have to be difficult.
Speaker 4: But we've preached around here forever. Hey, if it's not working, change it. If it is working, keep doing it.
Speaker 5: And that's good. And so to add to your point is when you don't have your veteran guys in there, right, your core veteran guys, and now you're going to ask these other guys who are playing different spots, so to speak, to do a difference. They cannot. I'm just saying, I'm telling y'all this now. The overall base primary defense that the Cowboys play is single high man or some sort of single high cover three. If Dan Quinn thinks that is going to work against this team, they are going to get embarrassed. They want you to play that, like they everything that they do is to design to get you to get.
Speaker 2: To that look.
Speaker 5: And if they can get you to that look, if you start with that look, and that's gonna be the thing is the cow Are the cowboys willing and able to change their game in the ninth hooting to give them a different look, to give them a too high look and do what teams have done to us and say, you know what, We're gonna keep everything in front of us. We're gonna go too high, we're gonna play this cover too thay, and we just gonna rally attack everything in front of you now. And this is the gift and the curse because if you do what Nate, if you go too high and you play shell coverage, what does that mean for the box? And if you got a light box. So this is the This is the conundrum that they put you in. They put you in the conundrum.
Speaker 4: Of how you're gonna match you up and then we're gonna attack whatever the thing.
Speaker 7: And it's so so sweet about it that fellas Miami has twenty five tds through there, and they have twenty five.
Speaker 4: Tds, so you're saying the ballanced, they're very bad.
Speaker 7: They get four hundred and whatever yards of game three two seventy four and one thirty nine Russian two sent and four passing over eight yards and throw for.
Speaker 5: Two a legal league in passing yards.
Speaker 2: Four or four about four? Three?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, two of good quarterbackers. They just surrounded by.
Speaker 7: So much to tour to me is a good quarterback. That's one of the few guys that I chose coming out of the draft. Everybody laughed at me because it was a Bamba quarterback.
Speaker 2: I like to I like him.
Speaker 7: I just wondered was he gonna get a coordinator that could could use him a lot of quarters. It's a lot of good quarterbacks, I think in the league, but the office coordinators are not to use them.
Speaker 5: This goes back to the Cam Newton theory about managers, game manager, YadA, YadA, YadA, all that kind of stuff. You know why Rock Party is in the Envy conversation this year. He does exactly what Kyle Shanahan needs him to do for that offense. That's it. Hey. If I say one, two, three, four five and the ball is supposed to go right there, do it? Do it?
Speaker 6: See what happens?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, trust trust what I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 5: This play is designed when we get when you see this look, if they give you this look, one two, three, four five right there, I'll deal with if it ain't right. But I'm telling you what I put together. The bass should go right there.
Speaker 4: And guess who was in the lead for the MVP conversation.
Speaker 5: That guy and the same thing with Tua. It is it is the Niners have more like once Mike McDaniels really gets his foot into this whole, like you know, as Dion would say, I'm about to get comfortable, it's gonna look like the boys out West. It's gonna look like the boys out West because he's he I think I even think Tua is a better thrower of the ball than Party. But Tua does exactly what Tua and Party are asked to do, almost the identical thing in two very little similar offenses. Is hey, just do what the play design tells you to do. I've already done the work for you. I've literally done everything in there except throw the football. We'll take our chances, and I get it. Sometimes in football things happen, right, a god falls down, a god buzzes over. They actually have the right play call for that particular pass play and it it just works. You live to see another day. But they believe with the mixture of analytics and a mixture of just ingenuity and sheer genius.
Speaker 2: If all.
Speaker 5: Athletes always count. If we say it's going to be there, don't overthink it. I don't. In fact, I don't need you to improvise. I don't need you to improvise. I've done to work for you already. I just need you to have the great anticipatory skill set and timing set to go one, two, three, four, five, Let.
Speaker 4: It go all right, Let's take our last break when we come back. Jesse didn't do a very good job of helping me feel like this game, so maybe we'll see if Nate can make me feel good. What could the Cowboys do to win this game? And some numbers. We have some stats for you when we come back for the last segment of hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: If they snapped the press scout, who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 5: He escaped slapped, He'll.
Speaker 4: Run for a per stown.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world, to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 1: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: How's wing stout sound?
Speaker 12: Christy juicy, classic win made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried course. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Windstop dot com.
Speaker 8: SeatGeek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here be Week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered download the Sea Geek. After they seat Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 13: Seats James Right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much of my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice.
Speaker 2: Up the game.
Speaker 13: That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 1: Enter today, back Hanging with the Buys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to each and every day by Jig Salty official Dating Barny of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: If you know, you know, if you know you know?
Speaker 4: All right, a couple of stats here before we jump back into it and see if Nate can make me feel better about this, because Jesse failed miserably for two days, we talk about their offense right. Their last five games, their offense has scored thirty, twenty seven, forty five, thirty four, and twenty which is impressive. But the defense, here's how many points they've given up the last five games. Zero. It's against the Jets, so take that with a grain of salt.
Speaker 5: My boys, my boy day is my boy Danny knowing right there, he said his daughter's surgery was great. Yeah, nice, everything went well. Out set out, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: Danny?
Speaker 5: You good brother?
Speaker 4: Zero, twenty eight, fifteen, thirteen, and thirteen. And then if you go further back, they gave up twenty one and the loss seventeen. Blah blah blah. So the defense is just as impressive as the offense, which is what we've been talking about all week now. And then Kurt had a great stat. Cowboys are trailed for only two hundred and twenty nine minutes this entire season. But fifty three was it Buffalo, fifty six was at San fran and fifty eight was at Arizona. So that just kind of solidifies. If they don't play with the lead.
Speaker 6: You don't get If you get behind, you're in trouble.
Speaker 4: If we get down two scores against this team. I don't feel good even if it's ten points.
Speaker 5: If you get down two scores against this team. Just whatever, go get the egg nog and go get the top shelf.
Speaker 4: Hopefully it's hopefully it's in. Let me ask you all this, would you rather your team just if they're going to lose, just like it was this week?
Speaker 5: Like it's right at the beginning.
Speaker 4: You're like, I don't I don't even need to watch the rest of it. Or do you want it just to slip away at the end of the game. I want to watch it slip away at the end of the game at least I'm interested for three and.
Speaker 6: A half hours. Be competitive, not like last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, Nate Floor's yours can.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh Martes? Right, Martes right from Saint Louis sat lou the lou to show me representing Dallas Cowboy shout out to uh to Martes, he asked me yesterday, said, hey, man, I saw a girls talk Boys talk that they had a guest on there. He's like, how come you guys don't have guests on hanging with the boys, And I was just like, well, you know, the Cowboys players kind of have something really important going on in our time slot that you probably wouldn't want to miss for our show. Probably not practice.
Speaker 4: Practice.
Speaker 5: We're talking about practice, not a game. A game we can.
Speaker 4: Maybe try to get. I think they have open locker room. No, we're good about this time. We can for playoffs.
Speaker 2: Can you repeat what you just said? Which part when you say?
Speaker 4: Make me feel better?
Speaker 2: Hey man, hey man? How do you want to lose?
Speaker 4: How do you want to do you want to lose?
Speaker 2: Just right up in the front.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just so you can and just start, do you do?
Speaker 7: You just want to let it slip away? And then so how do you want to win? Why wouldn't it be better? Hey Jess, how would you like to win? Like to just dominate from the start off? Just we just get a field goal at the end with Randon, I mean, just win. I mean why is it always with you gotta beat?
Speaker 4: Because I don't have much to contribute to this show other than my smashing good looks, my wrinkling forehead, my itchy leg right for my muscle right there. I don't even know what that muscle is elbow inner elbow, outer elbow muscle, So I always try to put it in perspective as a fan because you guys aren't fans. You guys played, so you can't be a fan. Kurt's got the stats, Chris has got all the technology. I got nothing but the fans perspective. And I just want to know, like, if a game, if you're gonna lose, would you rather just be right off the bats like we're dead. I'm just gonna drink beer and do shots the rest of the game.
Speaker 5: I don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 4: Or do you want to be interested for three and a half hours and then you get beat at the last second, then you're you're mad as hell about that. I just wanted to know. You don't like to talk about losing, but it's part of the game. It happens. We saw it this week.
Speaker 2: That is well. You you got a well putting things man.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm a realist.
Speaker 7: As long as we got theo's the reason you're got Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 4: Your Homer fan boy over here, Brandon, we got a change, Hurts the hater. Now you notice that Jesse, hell the hater is shifted from this side of the table to this side.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna bring my boy out with you, not to bring my boy out with you.
Speaker 2: He's doubt.
Speaker 5: You're the voice.
Speaker 4: He's the voice of doubt. He's that was the kid on Peanuts, pig Pen or the cloud just a dirt cloud, just always on him? Is that his name?
Speaker 2: Big? All right?
Speaker 4: Nate, make me feel better be lying this, give me a comfort blanket.
Speaker 5: Just sixty seconds to make him feel good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the kicker.
Speaker 4: The kicker hasn't missed this year. I'm trying to say, thank god we got aure. I don't think we's gonna do good.
Speaker 2: We would never be shut out as long as we got Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 4: All Right, this is a this is a good question all of you. If you go down the first drive for first two drives and you have to take field goals and you're inside the you're inside the let's say forty thirty five, do you take? Do you take three points? Or do you go for it knowing you're probably gonna have to put up points in this game?
Speaker 6: Probably depends on the yard it. You know, it's fourth and one and I'd probably go for it, but it's fourth and eight or nine, and.
Speaker 4: Let's say fourth and fourth and three are in man, Nate, you're taking field goals, taking the field goal man, both of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesse, what you're doing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I can go field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need points.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to put points up. Just want to put points up.
Speaker 4: So you two are taking point you take, you're going for it.
Speaker 6: No, I think I would. I think I would probably take the field I want to get some kind of kind of momentum, get the opening kickoff.
Speaker 2: See what you got to ask you?
Speaker 5: But something?
Speaker 2: Have their score? Have they scored?
Speaker 7: If it's seven, if they only up by seven eight, I'm going with the field goal.
Speaker 2: But if they up by fourteen, I'm going. You got another choice.
Speaker 4: You just got to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm coming. You gotta make a statement. You have to kind of almost even though they're already a high powered offense, you gotta really force on the being hopefully that you can make it. They can make a mistake, right, But.
Speaker 4: And can you make this team one dimensional as explosive as they are because they can they can rip off a sixty yard run or a six yard pass in the flat just like they can. I mean, do you want to make.
Speaker 5: One dimension twenty five touchdowns rushing, twenty five touchdown passing? Like you what you need to do Cowboys, is time of possession. You need to keep that offense on the sideline out of rhythm, because there is there is there is some truth to a play caller gets a rhythm, of course, like it's like anything else. Like if I can get a couple of plays going, set some things up, now I kind of get into a flow in the rhythm. Now the plays start coming to me more freely because things are flowing different. But if I'm on the sideline sometimes and I'm like, man, we've been sitting over here for seven eight minutes, even the play call sometimes gets a little bit anxious. It is like, you know what, we need to make up some lost ground, and they can start calling players that haven't been set up properly just yet to work and can cause a mistake to happen. So offensively for the Cowboys, they yes, I want to score touchdowns, but time of possession. You've read that stat about you know trailing time of possession will be key. Keeping the Miami offense on the sideline for extended periods of time is it helps your offense and it helps your defense by keeping their offense on.
Speaker 6: The sideline and you defer you're.
Speaker 5: Taking the ball. There's no more you can't do for against this team, especially not at home.
Speaker 7: This is the only chance we have a winning this game. It's more to more turnovers. We gotta get to a more turnovers.
Speaker 5: Which too, what can give you by fumble or interception. He he he is aucceptible to giving you that.
Speaker 7: But you got to get to get to that ball at least thirty four minutes. You have to have the ball and the biggest key, the biggest key. Listen up, the biggest key for the downs Cowboys offensive, defensive, special team.
Speaker 2: It's no crucial penalties, personal fouls.
Speaker 6: Luck when you're placing a team with that much speed, is it more likely to get penalties.
Speaker 2: At the bottom.
Speaker 7: I'm talking about hitting the quarterback, lad I'm talking about running up, hitting the receiver, hitting defensives receiver. I'm talking about those convert vertical for a flock, converting four downs for them, you know, right, yeah, yeah, if you play smart, you have a chance. I just believe if you play smart and play smart, if you're supposed to be in an a gap, being a gap, like Jesse said, none of you can run with these wide receivers. I'm a jam him until he beat me. I'm a jamming Don't do that.
Speaker 2: That's stupid.
Speaker 7: Even if you want to play up and back, you better be back when when this dude take off the ball. It's about smart football. It's about smart football. That's all this game is about. And if you're not gonna be smart, you're wasting your time. You just wasting your time.
Speaker 4: It's like I do every day on this show. I'm not smart, and I just come in here for an hour and waste everybody's time. Waste everybody's time. Kurt, You're not here tomorrow. Any parting words.
Speaker 6: Merry Christmas to you guys, to I got.
Speaker 2: Some pardon words. How would you like to lose? Stop?
Speaker 4: Kurt? Give us your prediction or do you want to you want to just text it?
Speaker 2: Reason? All right?
Speaker 4: Well, Kurt, how would you like to lose?
Speaker 7: If you're gonna lose because Kurt picking us to lose, y'all, how would you like for us to lose?
Speaker 5: The feeling this side of the table gonna be able to save? I'm just telling you, I don't know what Kurt's gonna pick. But I've been around and long and I don't know. I think this side of the table. We're gonna be on one accord and the singing Dick maybe the lone ranger in this room.
Speaker 2: Was about where Chris ride with me. I'm good.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you see you, Jess see, Nate, Kurt, have a great holiday.
Speaker 2: Put their on three smart one two three smart.
Speaker 4: All right, we will Chris, thanks for keeping us on the airsh Jazz, thanks for thanks for requesting the cinema roles. Thank you Mama Gross for cooking big hugs and kisses. Jazz. We wish you happy birthday tomorrow again, Josh, thanks for high birthday on the air and all the social channels. And we will see y'all everyone except Kurt tomorrow, same time, same place for our last show before Christmas, where we will.
Speaker 2: Get it front phone calls you like for it to slip away.
Speaker 4: I'm a dunny. We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.