Speaker 1: Welcome to my show. I'm Rashon McDonald, a host of Money Making Conversations Masterclass. Well, we encourage people to stop reading other people's success stories and start planning your own. Now, you don't want to miss an episode, so please take a moment right now to follow or subscribe to Money Making Conversations Masterclass.
Speaker 2: It's free.
Speaker 1: You can follow me on the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your podcast. New Money Making Conversations Masterclass episodes drop daily. I want to keep you on alert because my guests provide tips on how you can uplift your community, improve your financial planning, motivation, or advice on how to be a successful entrepreneur. Now, let's get this podcast started. He's here again. I have to make this a two parter. Two parter. I'm so blessed that he's stayed with me. You know, entertainment career spanning more than four decades. Known for his smooth tenor and emotional delivery, his voice remains one of the most recognizable in R and B and soul music history. He captivates audience worldwide before with both Charlamar as well as solo artists himself when he left Charlama. That's bringing fans the best of both worlds, the group's iconic classics and his timeless solo hits. As we discussed in the previous we talked about how the career started. He was a dreamer, like all people, you're dreamer. Now you're not dreaming anymore. You're doing collaborations. I gotta jump right to the new collaboration you're doing with Ronnie Lass.
Speaker 3: Ronnie laws Man.
Speaker 4: You know Ronnie. Ronnie is like an interesting cat man. We've been friends for years and years, but.
Speaker 2: Running laws out of Houston, Texas.
Speaker 3: Ranny Laws, right.
Speaker 4: And it was funny because I was sitting in and how I forget which houses I think I was in. I think I was in wood Ranch, a place called wood Rats. Then that's what the household was in. And uh, I'm sitting there the middle afternoon and like my doorbell rings right, and I go to the door and open it is running right, and he looks to me.
Speaker 3: I look at him. He says, Howard, Ronnie, what's up man? How you doing?
Speaker 4: And you know, Ronnie's Jehovah witness, so so like he was doing his house the house thing. The witnessing thing, and and he just happened to come come to the crib and like we sat, we sat and talked for for a while. You know, as far as that was concerned, I knew all about Jehovah Witness.
Speaker 3: And my sister was Jehovah witness.
Speaker 4: For years and uh. But then you know, we stayed in contact and stuff. And then finally fast forwarding to about I think I think we recorded uh this thing about a year year and a half or so ago, and he got in touch with me and and a ribbon in the sky Steve Stevie.
Speaker 3: Want is one of his one of his many many hits was one of Ronnie's.
Speaker 4: Uh, his wife who just passed away, that was that was one of her favorite songs.
Speaker 1: Let me this, Let me ask you how when you're doing a song like that, do you have to get permission from the artists?
Speaker 4: You talk to the artists, you know, sometimes there's a permission thing.
Speaker 3: You know, Like I did a cover.
Speaker 4: Of of uh, a Bob Dylan song just like a Woman, and we called the people, the publishing and the publishing his publishing people, and they gave their their you know, their approval, They gave their stamp of approval of it. But then we have to get permission to do it. That's that's a whole other thing. I believe, as far as long as you make sure all the publishing and everything writers publishing goes in the right directions, in the right channels and stuff.
Speaker 3: He said, you know, it's pretty much things.
Speaker 1: You know, let's talk about that because this is new music. And then you have a staple of people or don't want to hear new music. They want to hear it. They you know, they won't shit around. They keep down, hugged up, ready to sing. They want to hear Charlama. They want to hear your solo. Say amen, you know if you if you left the stage, I did a concert without saying they say, it'll be a right. Some people just come in for just that one song. So how do you balance howard new music which you have to do. It's an artist you you you you you're creative soul. But then you you left Charlamar. Let's talk about why you left them, and then the nervousness of building a solo career.
Speaker 4: It was like leaving leaving the group because a lot of people ask that question, and and there was like you know it was for me, it was more or less just a natural progression. Okay, you know what I'm saying when Jeffrey and Jody, because Jeffrey and Jody split it first. A lot of people think I split first, but Jeffrey and Jody split first.
Speaker 3: In fact, when we did.
Speaker 4: When we did, when I I did uh dancing in the Sheets, the tune that was on the Footlooks soundtrack, it was like at the time, it was funny because because Leon Silvers, because this cat, Dean Pitchford is the cat that did he wrote all the music for Ford for the Footloose movie. Right, So he called me and Leon Silvers, who Leon is our producer, uh, and wanted us to come watch a rough cut of of of Footloods. They had all all temporary music in there and stuff.
Speaker 3: So we go to.
Speaker 4: Paramount, right the Paramount Studios. We's sitting in this little this little theater and watch it. And then Dean Pitchford tells us what where he wants the Shalamar song or whatever, and we're dancing in the sheets, a song that he had written, and so like you know, he tells us, you know, and so like you know, Leon and I are walking back to the to the to the parking lot, right and I asked Leon, I said.
Speaker 3: Well, what do you think?
Speaker 4: And Leon says, man, I got a I got I got a lot on my plate right now, you know, he said. And then he says, and I don't think it's going to be that big of a movie for this.
Speaker 5: And so he said, I got a lot on my plate.
Speaker 3: He said, I might not be able to work that in. You know. He said, well, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I said, Well, I said, considering, I said, first of all, I said, first of all, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think it's that it's going to be that big of a movie either.
Speaker 4: I said, you said that to you, and so, like you know, I said, but considering where the group is right now, because where the group was at the time was Jeffrey and Jody had split.
Speaker 3: I had told I told Dick at the time.
Speaker 4: I said, well, maybe this is a good time for me to do a solo thing, do my solo thing, because we had always talked about that. And Dick says, well, no, you got two and a half more years left on this contract and so Shalamar contract, and you can either spend it doing nothing or you can go to court and get out of it, try and get out of it, or you can do another Shalamar project and ride this contract out. I wasn't gonna sit around not do nothing exactly. I can't exactly, and and I and I and it was just it was like, you know, I hate court. You know, court is like throwing dice. You know, you don't know what the judge is going to come back with. So I avoid court as much.
Speaker 3: As possible throughout my whole career.
Speaker 4: And uh and so like I said, okay, we're going to do another Shalamar project. And when this, when the Footloose thing came up, I said, I think that it would be a good look for it because even though I don't think it's gonna be that big of a movie famous last words, right, I don't think it's gonna be that big of a movie, it would still be a good look for the group to be associated with a paramount and a crossover projects. It was it was gonna be, it was gonna do one thing we did know, his first big movie, and so like, you know, I said, I think, you know, I think.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do it.
Speaker 4: And then they pulled in this cap Bill Wolfer, who ended up producing Dancing in the Sheets and so and Dancing in the Sheets was the second biggest selling single Shalamar had up under second time around Wow, and you.
Speaker 3: Know it was crazy. It was crazy.
Speaker 4: But I mean, like I you know, I do, I'll do dancing in the sheets sometimes we'll do it. We just really started incorporated into the show with with Shalamar now, which is me Jeffrey Jeffrey Dan and you ain't Carolyn Griffy, you know, but yeah, we get we'll get out there and we'll do we'll do dancing in the seats, especially overseas because you have a large white audience over there and they're familiar with it. But if we do it when we're here, you know, my my couple of white white folks to get up and start dancing while brothers and sisters.
Speaker 3: Is in there, like what the hell?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: That sound like new music? Please don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back with more Money Making Conversations masterclass. Now, I need for you to do me a favor right now to follow our subscribe to Money Making Conversation. It's free and you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Please do me that favor. Follow a subscribe Money Making Conversations. Welcome back to Money Making Conversations master class with me Rashawn McDonald.
Speaker 4: But getting back to that, there's you know, just like I always when when they when you're talking, when people talk about new music, are you doing new music?
Speaker 3: You don't, Thank God, Rashan.
Speaker 4: It's that I'm at the point of my career where, like you know, people like you said they want to hear the hiss.
Speaker 3: I went to see. I went to see a group.
Speaker 4: I'm not even gonna say who it is, but big group, popular group, nothing but hits, nothing but hiss. They came out. When they came out, as soon as they hit the stage, they're hitting. Everybody's up, everybody's moving, everybody's you know, grooving and stuff. And then towards like forty five minutes into the show or so, they they said, we're gonna do some new music for you. Right now, people sat down, they started talking.
Speaker 5: About themselves going to the concession.
Speaker 3: You know, it treated like it was a break Yeah, no exactly.
Speaker 4: And I'm sitting there and I'm sitting there peeping this, I'm like, people don't want to hear it. As soon as that fifteen to twenty minutes of that new music was over, they.
Speaker 3: Start back into the hits.
Speaker 4: Everybody's up and they're moving for the rest for the rest of the show, right, And I said, people don't want to hear If you do new music, you.
Speaker 3: Got to set it up.
Speaker 4: You got to set it up the right way, you know, Like I'll challenge, Like I do a new song in my show. Sometimes it's kind of a new song, a song that that Leon Silvers and I wrote, Well Leon wrote it and produce it and we did it, and so like, you know, I've set it up with you know, I want to do some new new material.
Speaker 3: I tell them, I said, I know, sometimes we do new material is almost.
Speaker 4: Like singing Japanese because because y'all got familiar with it.
Speaker 3: But then I but then I challenge.
Speaker 4: But I know I'm standing in front of a very sophisticated audience tonight, isn't that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, now I got Now, Now the setup for the new music was set up, so it's cool. And plus a lot of things that I do these these days also are really intimate things, you know, like I'll do the City Wineries, which is a real intimate crowd.
Speaker 1: So when you say that, Howard, because it's so entertaining when you talk about it, because for decades, multi generational audiences, you know, a parent or bring their daughter, and grandparents bring their their daughter and their grandchild, you know, and that's a beautiful experience to see that right in front of you. But I know, as a fan, I got to hear say amen.
Speaker 3: Amen, I got some show.
Speaker 4: Every show ends with saying man since since almost since, well since I did it, thank God, you know, back in the day.
Speaker 2: So how did that song come about?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: I always before I left the group, Before I left, shallamar, I remember saying the prayer.
Speaker 3: A couple of years.
Speaker 4: It was a couple of years before I left, and right after Jeffrey and Jody are split not long after that. But I remember saying a prayer and I said, Lord, you know, when I'm by myself, when I'm responsible for what I say, you know, not two other people in the picture, not saying that they didn't believe, that they didn't have a sense of belief or whatever. But songs like say men and I did a complete inspirational album some years ago. But those type of songs are personal. Those are those I'm saying this is a personal thing. You know, thank God, people gravitated towards it. But in the beginning, I want to thank you God for giving me one more chance to raise my voice and senior praise.
Speaker 3: That's a personal statement.
Speaker 4: So I made a promise then that every album that I did, every solo album that I did, I would always honor honor him, you know, God Christ's Holy Spirit on every album. And Same Men was the first one. A lot of people there was a lot of stuff going on in my life at the time, so a lot of people kind of you know, equated that to that, but that wasn't what was going on. I had written that song, you know, the Lord gave me that song that about two or three months before all this craziness went down, and and so like it was basically myself, Monty and Monte Seward.
Speaker 3: That was one of the first songs. That was the first song we ever wrote together, which we So let me ask.
Speaker 1: You this, because how music like that, Because you know, Charlam Maul, you're an R and B star, you know all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Did you go gospel like that?
Speaker 1: How do you, how does one transition that to get the airplane Because people can pigion hold you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can pitchon, they can pigeonhole you and stuff. Those those things that's literally rashone. Those are those are things that you got to leave up to the Lord. Okay, you know what I'm saying. I didn't know. I didn't know how you know it was going to be accepted. All I knew is that I made a promise to the Lord to do that, and that that was the main thing.
Speaker 3: It wasn't about, Okay, how is this going to be accepted by.
Speaker 4: The R and B field or the or the gospel or the church situation, and how.
Speaker 3: It's going to be accepted from there. It wasn't about that.
Speaker 4: It was a promise that I made to God, which was way more important to me than how it was accepted.
Speaker 2: But when it was accepted, how did you feel?
Speaker 3: I felt great?
Speaker 4: I felt I felt I felt amazing because it so for one thing, it showed me that people are are ready to accept that type of situation, accept that type of of suggesting and honesty and honesty as far as like you know where your music is and the whole thing, and it's like you know, you you you know, it's you look at you know, the things in your life and the things that go on in your life and the things that you allowed to because you know this is this is a public life, you know, but there's still some things that you want to keep you know private, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But those type of.
Speaker 4: Things I believe are things that you should always you know, because because he's not a shame to you, right, so you can't be shamed to him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: More Money Making Conversation master Lass coming up next. Welcome back to Money Making Conversation Master Class hosted by me Rashawn McDonald.
Speaker 2: Let's get back into it.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting when I look at your solo career and then the career that you had with Charloma Howard.
Speaker 2: Okay, because that was an up.
Speaker 1: Tempo you know dance, you know, really make that move time you've all done music always don't feel good music. Let's just put that out, you know, solo all with them, But there tend to be like a slower beat on your solo career versus what you isn't the producers that came into your life. Oh, that's just your style.
Speaker 3: Is my style. It was like what I was really, what I was about.
Speaker 4: I love I love you know, romantic music, right, I love you know.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know relation what I call them relation trips.
Speaker 2: Which means that's what R and B used to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I don't want dive it so fast. But R and B has changed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, George Duke used to say. So used to say, how well you know what R and B stands for?
Speaker 3: I said, what is that? He said, replaced by? Replaced by.
Speaker 4: Everybody tries to replace something with R and B with something else. But R and B is the foundation. R and B is a foundation of rock. R and B is the foundation of hip hop. It's the foundation of neo soul, it's foundation of all that stuff.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So you can't replace a foundation, you know, a foundation can only make something stronger. Like I used to always look at the houses, Like when in my neighborhood when I was a kid, they.
Speaker 3: Used to build.
Speaker 4: You know, there was a lot, somebody buy the lot and they start building the house. Well, they first thing they do is dig the hole for the basement and the foundation of that house. It took him forever because we always have dirt dirt ball.
Speaker 3: Fights, you know, because the big old piles of dirt.
Speaker 4: So they took him forever to build this foundation, you know, reinforce still, reinforce, cement, whatever, And they take forever to build the foundation of this house. Once the foundation was done, the house boom boom boom boom boom would go up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: And if you built that foundation strong enough, you can even tear that house down and build a whole nother house on top of it.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: So I started, you know, as I got older, I started looking at that analogy as far as life is concerned, right, you know, foundation, what kind of foundation are you laying down for your life? And if you if you take that thing seriously and lay a strong foundation, strong enough foundation, you can build two, three, four different lives on top of that hole, that one foundation. But as long as you got that one thing happening strong enough, you know what I'm saying right then, Like you know.
Speaker 2: Because foundation is the key to relationships, everything, you know, everything you do.
Speaker 1: If you don't have a foundation, you don't have anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they didn't make this chair with the right nuts and bolts.
Speaker 3: I'd be sitting here in Bam.
Speaker 5: It'll fall down and eventually.
Speaker 1: You know, when I look at the songs, you know, of course, you know, a night to remember, Charlama, second time around, Charlama.
Speaker 2: This is for the lover and you or all these songs.
Speaker 1: Either I want to move or I want because I got you know, I can't remember the whole.
Speaker 3: Song, you know, the hook, the hook.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing is and and it's it's like I said, you know, with my shows and stuff, I love it when I come out because the first part of my shows are always Howard Hewitt stuff. Okay, and I say in the show, I'm gonna take you back to some old Howard Hewitt, to some old Salamar and then we're gonna praise.
Speaker 3: The Lord and get up, get up out of here.
Speaker 4: So it's like you know, I do the the first part of the show is Howard Hewitt basically. So and that's that's when you sit and like you know, fellas, put your arm around your woman, like I tell them during the show, put you just repeat after me whatever and now that and then and and I tell me you're gonna thank me later on, you know. So and then once we get past you know, the Howard Hewitt stuff, then then the time to get up.
Speaker 3: And dance is when it's the second time around. Make that move for the love and your unise.
Speaker 2: I would give a.
Speaker 1: Little personal here out because it's about longevity, you know for decades. Yeah, when you when you went to California, you wouldn't thinking about thirty forty, fifty, sixty, low seventy, you know. But we all want to live a good life. Yeah, so what does it take to live a good life?
Speaker 4: I think integrity is one of the most one of the most important things. That you're yes, be or yes and you're nob yar no, that's biblical, you know what I'm saying. So integrity is is very important to me in life. You know, looking at you're gonna you know, am I am I perfect? By no means am I perfect? Do I believe in what I believe in totally completely, God, Christ, the Holy Spirit? Stay true to that? For me, I have to stay true to that.
Speaker 2: Where did that come from?
Speaker 3: Uh? This came from our foundation again.
Speaker 4: I started out in in gospel, in the in the in the gospel situation when I was ten eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen years old, and my mom was a gospel promoter, you know in the acron Cleveland cat area. And plus she had a radio broadcast for like thirty or forty years. She was eventually inducted into the Radio Ohio Radio Hall of Fans awesome, and so her when she would do her shows, she would bring in people like James Cleveland, Albatina Walker and the Caravans when Shirley Caesar was still with him, Pilgrim, Jubilee, Soul Stirs, Volinaires, Swan, silver Tones, five Line Everybody, and so like once our group, which was called the Hewett Singers, I was the lead singer and three of my sisters backed me up once we were in shape enough to do shows. Of course, nepotism was live and well in our family. So we would open up for every show that my mom would bring in, and then during the summer we would we would go out on the little gospel.
Speaker 2: To get another nugget.
Speaker 1: I knew nothing about Howard, so that even ties say a mint either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a natural correlation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Although I look at say Man, I look at say Man as inspirational music.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't look at it as gospel.
Speaker 4: Gospel, Gospel is a whole another thing which I have totally respect for. But when when I think about gospel, I think about Shirley Caesar. I thought about think about the quartets and stuff and casts like that Highway QCs.
Speaker 3: And all those cat back in the day.
Speaker 1: That's a different beat now, yeah, a different calling to different calling.
Speaker 4: And it's like and it was one that as a kid, I had to make that decision as to whether I wanted to stay in the gospel situation or go to the R and B situation. Which one of my reasons when I when because I'm writing a book, putting my little chat and stuff together, and when I finally stopped procrastinating, I'll get I'll get consistent with it. But one of the things, one of the mindsets that I had at that time was that, you know, I was fourteen, about fourteen years old, really starting to get into girls and and and loved loved women, love the girls, loved that whole thing, and and I knew that that was something that was going to be, you know, kind of prominent in my life. So did I want to stay in a field where I would feel like a hypocrite?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You know as far.
Speaker 4: Even though even though I believe and my beliefs and all that kind of stuff even now, but still at least I'm not sitting out there.
Speaker 3: Thank you Lord, thank you. Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying and not saying, not not judging or whatever, but I just yeah, and I just underspent exactly, especially the respect for what you what you say.
Speaker 3: You believe that.
Speaker 1: There was a couple of things before we wrap up here. I got to bring up I know we're talking we on fun here cooking now you know, now you know because I didn't. I didn't realize you love. Your love for cooking ook till I read your bio. Okay, you know I know everything about Howard okay, except to cook it because you know my on my social media, I have Rushawn's kitchen, so I love. I cooked chid lings onions and I posted they eat me up. Don't matter what the slave food. But I just love down home cooking. Tell us about your love for cooking.
Speaker 3: You know, I love cooking.
Speaker 4: The thing the thing that I got into cooking for was basically, I like I always say, I cooked well enough not to starve. And there's certain things that I've gravitate to ma, and I've mastered for myself, you know, chicken wings and all that kind of stuff and and uh seasonings, different guys of seasonings and.
Speaker 2: Know all that.
Speaker 4: So you know, I'm not a gourmet cook. I've been I've been married a couple of times where I had you.
Speaker 3: Know, uh, my wife was a mat so I know what a go made.
Speaker 4: But like again, I'm you know, I'm not married now, so I had to I had to figure certain things out, you know, along the way, a long way, the path through the kitchen, the path and to not starving.
Speaker 1: Because you know, we were joking off off flying that guy. It's not really a joke, you know. We you know, we live our lives. You know, Uh, you've hit seventy. I'm two years behind down there, you know, And we was laughing. Steve Harbor right in the middle of both of us, Okay, and I look at the mirror. I don't know what seventy looked like, but I don't know, but you don't look like man.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 4: The biggest, the biggest thing when I turned seventy, the biggest thing that I thought about was I thank god, it doesn't look like what I thought it was going to look like when I was thirty or forty years old. Right, I'm thinking, Man, I'm gonna be on a on a walker and there's a back aching. But no, it's it's you know, you you figure you figure stuff out. I believe as you go along and you figure out, you know, the things that are important. I think that you live because somebody has said something about.
Speaker 3: I read the other just the.
Speaker 4: Other day, how you you know, the way that you live your life, the things that you allow allow to come into your life, the stress or or drama that you allow to come into your life. And I stress that allow the word, because that's the thing. We have a choice. You know, God even gave us a choice whether to follow him or not, right, so we have a choice as to what we allow to come into our lives. You know, some people say, well, but you have to No, No, you have control over all that stuff. You got total control over all that stuff and what you allow. And I refuse to allow, you know, drama, I refuse to allow stress. I just went through a thing and which just just just solidified my whole concept of that whole thing. For two weeks, I was going through I'm not even going to get into it right now as far as because it was some craziness, but it was drama.
Speaker 1: It was drama as you said. You know, drama can impack your heart.
Speaker 3: Yep, every n your sleep.
Speaker 2: That's stress and how you do it.
Speaker 1: And that's the whole part about health, delivering and controlling that moment and when you go through that, because that's an entertainer. I always tell people you're a small business owner, which means that you're putting food on the table. Nobody paying for your insurance. Nobody's saying you're gonna get paid fifteen or thirty dollars an hour. I'll give you forty hours a week to pay because you just don't know. A tour can cancel, somebody might not show up. You might get an album deal and the label goes bankrupt. There are no guarantees in anything, especially when you're a small business owner. If you were to give somebody advice as a small business owner, what would that be, hout.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but what you're talking about is like a perfect example COVID. When COVID comes in, my schedule had been the same for like thirty years. You know, you know, thank god. I never being concerned about having a gig has never been on my play of concern right the years, because thank god that foundation. You lay that foundation, so you were always you know some of the second time around, make them Some people work all their lives on one or two his I got second time around, make that move for lovering. You show me I'm for real. But I can go on on right out of fingers, run out of finger I got to go to the other hand, you know, and those are That's something that I thank god. But like this, as far as stress, like I said, somebody told me a long time ago, you know, stresses.
Speaker 3: Like a rock and chair.
Speaker 4: It gives you a lot to do, but when you get done, you're still in the same place.
Speaker 3: So what's the sense in it? What was the sense in the stress?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 3: What was the whole?
Speaker 4: I remember, I was twenty two years old when I conscientiously started taking the word worry out of my vocabulary. And like it took a while, took years, from four by six, seven, eight years or whatever. But before as time went on, it got to be a situation where like I because one of the you have a big ocean liner. Okay, the thing that guides that that big ocean liner, that ship, and any boat, any boat. The thing that guides that boat through the water is that little rudder on the end. Little rudder compared to the you know, relative to the ship is little, you know, relative to the row boat.
Speaker 3: It is little, a little rudder.
Speaker 5: That's your tongue, man, Your tongue. Your tongue will get you in so much trouble and.
Speaker 4: Get you and so like you always for me is it was like, okay, I got to be aware of the things that I allow to come out of my mouth. Everything is a choice. Everything in life is a choice. It's a choice. And so you know, and and so at too. There was a situation that went down that I had a plan, a twenty two year old plan, my man in my mind that went crazy, you know, and like I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, what the what am I going to do now?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: And I start worrying and weren't doing this doing that?
Speaker 4: And then I got a pamphlet from my church that I used to go to back when I was back at Akron.
Speaker 3: They had my mailing.
Speaker 4: Address, Pastor Fowler, the Arlington Street Church of God, and they my dad gave him my address. You know, I was about twenty twenty one, twenty two, and they used to send the pamphlet every every week, you know, that was happening every weekly thing.
Speaker 3: And on the back of the.
Speaker 4: East pamphlet, Pastor Follower would always pick a subject and he write a summary on it.
Speaker 5: And right when I was going through all this stuff.
Speaker 4: And I found out the tour got pushed back, and money all this and there's we were supposed to go to Helsinki, Finland, and as with the show group and stuff, and that got pushed back. And I'm worrying about this. I can't get the money for my dad because he had just sent me fifty bucks a week or so before, and so like you know, but I go to the mailbox, I get this paraphly. I look on the back of it, and on the back of it the subject that Pastor Fowler had had chosen was worried wo a sign of disbelief. In other words, if you know that you're a child of God, you say the God is my savior, you confessed with your mouth, believe in your heart that he was raised from the Daddy's your savior.
Speaker 3: And he takes care.
Speaker 4: Of those little birds and those little animals out there that don't even aren't even able to worship him. And you say that you're a child of God, what are you worried about? If you're a child of God, and if you truly believe that you're a child of God, what are you worried about? Why are you worried? It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I love it, I love it.
Speaker 3: It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: He's the one and only.
Speaker 3: Howard are you man?
Speaker 2: Brother? Brother? Never will we part this long?
Speaker 5: Never ten years or so.
Speaker 2: I know you do.
Speaker 1: Just chicken wing, but I gotta bring you in Ushawann's kitchen.
Speaker 2: Man those chicken wing.
Speaker 1: But again, man, beautiful, beautiful interview, beautiful person.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming on Money Making Class.
Speaker 3: Finally, finally.
Speaker 4: We've been talking about this a long time, so you know, but it's good seeing you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening to this episode.
Speaker 1: No, I need for you to do me a favor right now to follow our subscribe to Money Making Conversation. It's free and you can find it on the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Please do me that favor, follow or subscribe money Making conversation stations keep winning