Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, presented by Draft Kings Sportsbook, where we're always limited in practice and in reality.
Speaker 2: You know, we're old.
Speaker 1: I am Greg Rosental here in the Chris Wesleyan podcast studio Beyond Lucky today to be joined by my friends Patrick Claybon and Steve Weish. It's preview week three times we.
Speaker 3: Go and on day to day. That's the new injury vernacular in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some surprising injury news about Jordan Love. We'll get to the Packers game later. We will also get to our Survivor pick. So tough story, tough times for us here with the Survivor pick. Patrick went out week one, I went out week two. Steve wasn't here week one, and so you know, as the host of NFL Daily, I'm saying we're going to continue this to you.
Speaker 2: Miss week one.
Speaker 1: So and I'm letting Patrick and us back in or else, you know, so hopefully you weren't listening. So whenever you have your pick of the week, just just let I'll.
Speaker 4: Let you know that's a loophole. Nice one, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, so we're every week we start with the game that has the smallest point spread and then we work our way up to the biggest point spread.
Speaker 2: Doesn't mean it's going to be a blot.
Speaker 1: We saw a lot of underdogs win outright last week, a lot of big upsets. But I am kind of happy from an old school, traditional TV you know way, that we're starting with Ravens and Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Baltimore Ravens favored by one point greg over the Dallas Cowboys. These teams have a similar issue glaring offensive deficiencies in one particular portion. The Ravens still dealing with the departure of three linemen. The replacements have been kind of slow in getting a start and making things productive there. For Dallas, it's seemingly making the run game an afterthought both schematically and personnel wise, and they both rely on their paid quarterbacks to compensate for that. But Deck couldn't compensate Steve for the defense, which got run out of the stadium for the second straight game there. The Packers did it last last year in the playoffs on Sunday. Well, that's why this is the Derrick Henry game, right.
Speaker 3: This is the back that everybody in Dallas wanted for the Cowboys, and so this is the back that the Ravens have not figured out how to use yet.
Speaker 4: Oh and what a doubt.
Speaker 3: So we're looking at a video over Schiechi heat and all these great pass plays. You know, they only threw the ball nineteen times. The Saints ran all over the Cowboys, and I think this is going to be an opportunity because of that soft interior as they say, up the spine d tackles mid linebacker in safeties in a run game for the Cowboys. For Derrick Henry to get that run game going, even though those both of those guards, as Patrick xcept for the Ravens have been shaky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, they did get the running game going late against the Raiders. They ran the ball pretty well in the second half before the three and ounts at the end of the game. But before that, Henry was finally kind of looking like Henry And you said it, this Mike Zimmer defense. They could not set the edge last week at all. We were talking about Demarvion Overshan, Marshawn Neilan, these these young guys for the Cowboys, and overshad was barely even playing last week. They were in base defense. They had three linebackers on the field and they still got run over. You know, you sign a couple guys Jordan Phillips and Linval Joseph late in camp and you're like starting them week one.
Speaker 2: That is never a good sign.
Speaker 1: And now Phillips is actually going to IR So I just don't know if they're that talented defensively, like, which is crazy to say when you have Trevon Diggs and I like Jordan Lewis, and I of course you like DeMarcus Lawrence and Michael Parsons upfront. But it's more just like, can a good offense pick out their weak points? I think they have some at linebacker, at defensive tackle, and maybe in the secondary.
Speaker 2: They are missing Thround Bland too.
Speaker 5: It was just so difficult for the Ravens to really do something in the opener against the Chiefs that wasn't directly Lamar related. I mean, even in the in the Raiders game where the passing yard is they did get. Lamar's having to shift away from Max Crosby. He's having to make Christian Wilkins miss in the pocket and then come up and do the pump fake thing and get.
Speaker 4: The ball to Zay down the field.
Speaker 5: It's just hard to let go of those images and thinking about Micah Parsons being the chase guy.
Speaker 4: It's very tough. I agree.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think Michaeh Parsons Zimmer is gonna turn them loose. But this is the game I think we're gonna see Mike. You know, Mark Andrews and Isaiah likely get in there. You talk about in the linebacker issues they have. You saw fen them up with an intermediate passing game and boom, Derrick Henry can get going. And like you said, Greg, he was hitting some nights runs. He was doing that against Kansas City as well. And then Todd Monkin flashed back to the playoff game and said, you know, we don't need to run the ball with our running backs anymore.
Speaker 4: Let's make Lamar try and do everything.
Speaker 1: So flipping to the other side when Dallas has the ball. And I like the Ravens in this game. It's partly because they're zero and two, but it's probably just because I think they're a better football team. I might have jumped off my I take that the Cowboys were gonna be a mess one, you know, one week too early.
Speaker 2: I got it right, and then I jumped off, and now I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: I'm not really being serious about that, but I do think the Ravens are a more talented team. And that game last week that the Ravens lost, it was one of those where you know, if at football outside of FTN now they run the simulations and like, if you look at the game, the Ravens should have won that game like ninety two percent of the game time it was. It was a little fluky how they lost it. And then you look at this Dallas offense, which hasn't really been right for two straight weeks. Where are the strengths for this Cowboys team. Sure it's Dak is there, but the offensive line communication I think has been an issue. There's been a little bit of talk of like Dak's making all the calls at the line of scrimmage, but you have a rookie center and communicating to the offensive line and them all being on the same page. And it's not just the rookie left tackle with Tyler Geyton. They're right tackle Terrence Steele had a really bad game last week. And you know, the Ravens can maybe get after the passer a little bit, they can cook things up. And I still think the lack of depth behind cd LAMB is an issue and I have more faith that kind of in the Ravens infrastructure.
Speaker 5: If the Cowboys are looking for good news, this stat was wild that I saw this week. The Baltimore Ravens have had the opposing quarterback play action pass drop back thirteen times. They are thirteen for thirteen on those dropbacks. A rough start both team. Somebody's got to get something figured out. But Greg, you mentioned offensive line issues. That brings us to our second game, the Chicago Bears OH at the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 4: The Colts favored by one and a half points.
Speaker 5: The Bears worked their way through the AFC South this early season, their third AFC South opponent on the road again. This time, the Colts were able to score thanks to a couple of spectacular plays by Anthony Richardson and Alec Pearson company in Week one. But the run defense has been an issue. Can the Bears even run the ball? Greg, to make it an issue in this game?
Speaker 1: I mean they couldn't last week that their offense has been such a mess, and you would think think this is a great week to get off the schneid against a Colts defense which has had its share of struggles, but.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like DeForrest Buckner is out of this game. He is on injured reserve. And the front four for the Colts just haven't been good enough in any respect. This is what they were building their defense around. And yet, like when a bad offensive line goes up against a bad defense, I still tend to trust the bad defense more and like they are the number one. Like as much as the run defense has gotten some attention, the Colts aren't a great pass defense either.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, the Colts have some players, I mean still, You've got Quitty Pay, You've got some guys on that defense, Aire Franklin Speed, some guys who can make some plays.
Speaker 4: But this is one.
Speaker 3: I mean, soon is Shane Walder and this coaching staff are going to start feeling some heat.
Speaker 4: You know. For the Bears.
Speaker 3: We already know they're all on one year potential Green Mile deals, so they're going to have to figure something out.
Speaker 2: What's a great mile?
Speaker 4: Okay? So did you ever see the movie Green Mile? You know what that means?
Speaker 2: No, I do know what it means, but I haven't seen the movie.
Speaker 3: You're on your way to the death. Cham Oh, okay, right, you're on the green mile. That's where you're walking. The flora's the flora's green. The flora is green, that is the path. So that's if they don't get it done, that's exactly where they're headed. But you know, when I when I look at the Bears and Caleb, just so many things they're over complicating. I think they can run the ball. I mean, I think they need to get Rashawn Johnson involved a little bit more and Khalil Herbert a little bit more. I think there's there's certain things that those guys do that they could take advantage of against the defensive front that is not great against the run. I do some quick passing game stuff to get Caleb's confidence going.
Speaker 1: The point I wanted to make about the pass defense with the Coast, because you're right, the rushing numbers are so bad, but are you know an NFL pro Like the next ten sets, they look at efficiency and this is actually the second worst passing attack in the league, the Bears. That's not a surprise that the fact that the Panthers exist is the only reason they're at because their number are so bad. But the Colts actually efficiency wise are the second worst pass defense, so they're not too crazy.
Speaker 2: They're not doing anything well.
Speaker 5: And that's considering the fact that we're two games into the season, right and Joe Mixon ran for one hundred and fifty three cards for them in the very first week of the season. It's one of those very very movable objects against a very very visible force type matchup. Because the Bears offensive line has given up pressures on forty seven percent of their drop back not okay. And to see Caleb Williams on the ground writhing in pain. First of all, he was exhausted towards the end of the game, but just getting teed off time after time again by will Anderson Junr as well as the rest of that Texans pass It's just hard to get past that for me. And I know that, like they want to get the downfield passing thing. But Steve mentioned the the like the danger that this coaching staff might be in, and you juxtaposed that with across the street here where the Chargers staff comes in and they aren't running the ball well at all in the first half, but they stick to stick with it, they commit to it. I don't know if the Bears feel like they it's safe to go out there and try to grind it out against a team that can't stop the run.
Speaker 3: And this is the example that we're seeing so many with the young quarterback. We drafted a guy high. We have to let everybody know that he's going to be the savior. Protect him, run the football. They have shown that they can do some things in the run game if they stick with it. Okay, they're not playing this Texas defensive front. You've heard me on here. The Texans are too deep at all their front seven positions. They're not playing that type of front this game. Stick with the ball if it is a ten to seven game, because if very well could because the Colts can't score, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's that though, like they should be able to score. Okay the Bears, I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, Bears defense is legit.
Speaker 1: Bears very good on the back end, and so that's troublesome for an Anthony Richardson led passing attack, which has been erratic. Michael Pittman said it. They're not getting the simple plays, they're not getting the chain moving plays. They're getting a couple of big plays. Anthony Richardson, I've sold him as a guy who is that makes really good decisions with the football that it's an underrated trade. Of his interception last week, one of them was a bad decision. I don't think he's always been making the best decisions on when to keep the ball and when to give it on the RPO stuff, So that's something that was a little off in Green Bay. I think they got to build the whole ship out of the run game. I mean, they need to win in the worst way. They're at home against a vulnerable Bears team. They're owe and two. You can not go to ohero and three at home against the Bears. I'm leaning into Anthony Richardson running and of course I'm leaning into Jonathan Taylor running. That's the one thing they have done well. Their offensive line has look good, I think through two weeks, and they can run the ball. They're one of the best running teams in the league. This Bears Eberflus defense is built to stop the pass. Really, so I think you can win a game because I think Anthony Richardson and Jonathan Taylor should still be one of the very best backfields in the league. And to me, that's actually the number one thing in this entire game that I trust the most.
Speaker 2: Give me the Bears I mean, give me the.
Speaker 5: Colts the high variance aspect, right, but you at least believe in one of those variances being able in Anthony Richardson being able to make plays. Even though this Bears defense is very, very good, It's like it could go either. If he's gonna be effectively wild. He's doing it against the Bears, but he's also doing it against everybody else.
Speaker 3: The Airs are gonna cover. Caleb's gonna go ahead and have oh pretty nice game.
Speaker 2: I like little disagreement.
Speaker 4: We're going ahead there.
Speaker 5: We'll go from there to a matchup of unbeatens, the Los Angeles Chargers and the Pittsburgh Steelers in Pittsburgh for their Week three homeover.
Speaker 4: Three yards in a cloud of du Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it's gonna be a grind out with Justin Fields back at the Helm. Favored by one and a half points, here comes the Chargers, though they do have some injury concerns for Justin Herbert dealing with a foot, but they're bringing in one of the most efficient passing and rushing efficiency defenses in the entire league. They're number one Steve and both of those categories. Do they get it done?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm torn on this, and that's why I like the one point five here. I think I think this tight game because neither one of these offenses. Well, the Charges could score, but Pittsburgh find that end zone is a very difficult thing for them.
Speaker 4: Man that defense.
Speaker 3: I like this is where I think Fields, being an RPO type of guy, can put some stress on those ends because this is where uber talented outside linebacker slash defensive ends. They like to use their talent and this is going to be a discipline game, right are you gonna are you gonna stick with the quarterback?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna take the pitch?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Are you gonna take the the RPO?
Speaker 2: Fake terms of Bosa and Max turns.
Speaker 4: It back in Tully to be a Pilow too. This is.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, boy, I'm torn on this because you know, again Pittsburgh can't score. But this is where I think Justin Fields and Arthur Smith are gonna be able to dial up a couple of things to get some yards in that RPO game.
Speaker 1: We're so early in the season, this is to show me something game, because what do we really know about the Chargers. They've done, They've improved, their their base level is obviously better on the lines, and I think the defense is playing in sync. But yeah, they've played the Raiders and they've played the Panthers. Yeah, the Steelers last week are coming off a game against bow Knicks, like and Kirk wasn't moving round week one, Like, these defenses are going to be excellent, but they've had good matchups the first couple of weeks. I have a question is like how good is this Chargers offensive line that their fans are telling me is going to be great? And people are really impressed with Joe All there's some disagreements, like if you look at sort of the the metrics like pass rush win rate and PFF are are way off, Like PFF as them, is a good offensive pass rush win rate, run block win rate isn't too kind of the Charges right now, I don't put that.
Speaker 2: Much into it.
Speaker 1: But this is the ultimate test because I think this is the number one front in the entire league, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Cam Hayward, he's done it again, Like he was injured last year and he's back to just being ageless. Cam Hayward, Canu Bentten had a great game last in a Highsmith is good, Like they're just so deep. It is going to be a huge test. And you know, we tape this show on Wednesdays, justin Herbert missed practice entirely on Wednesday. So that's just something to watch because if it's Easton Stick, I've seen enough of that movie.
Speaker 2: They're not they're out winning with Easton's thing.
Speaker 1: But we would just have to watch and see Herbert did finish out the game, which is usually a pretty good sign that you're going to play the next week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but anytime we're invoking Easton Stick and not in a sports equipment up yourself, I can't know. It's it's it's every time it comes up. Yeah, that would change things entirely. But the numbers for Joe Alt do look good. He's he's allowed for pressures on fifty one, blocking snaps some of that. It's against Jadavian Clowney coming back. And then there was the opener and we did Max Crosby. Yeah, that's the one they kind of jumps off.
Speaker 4: But t J.
Speaker 5: Watt and the Steelers defense, it's just such a different beast. I think it comes into we've seen the Steelers where if you're watching the game and you're not necessarily paying attention to how things are going. You see them take downfield shot after downfield shot with Justin Fields, they're drawing penalties. In terms of George Pickens, there's been a couple of touchdowns yep that have been called back. It's kind of where we looked at the Pittsburgh Steelers last year and it's like, well, they just need to rely on this big play to George Pickens. It's the same way, but the defense is healthier now and the quarterback can make more plays.
Speaker 2: There's some real chemistry there.
Speaker 3: Makes me feel between those two there is yeah, you know, and if they get the play action going, if they get in any type of run game going, this.
Speaker 4: Can be fun. So I was like, guys, we're leaning to the home team here.
Speaker 1: I am a little bit partly because of the Herbert injury. These are the top two defenses in terms of EPA and the Steelers are short handed, like they're counting on It's a lot of like Darnel Washington and Van Jefferson and Michael Pruitt and Calvin Austin.
Speaker 2: It's like, it's not great.
Speaker 1: And the book on Justin Fields has always been Blitz and Blitz and Blitze and he'll struggle. That's what's been the approach the first two weeks. The defenses have taken hasn't worked at all. He's actually been very effective, maybe showing some maturation. But this this Steelers offensive line stinks too.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: They're benching Broderick Jones their first round pick. They have not played in SANC. You mentioned the running game. We thought this team would be like a good running team. They've've been really poor so far actually per play, so that's very different. Maybe I'm switching my pick as i'm talking. Because only one of these teams has a one time guest of NFL Daily.
Speaker 2: JK.
Speaker 1: Dobbins has gotten that bump and he is a man of his word since he was on the show with us in training camp. I'll let you go on this like you're throwing any numbers out there, you got any goals in.
Speaker 6: Mind, I'll let you put your numbers out. I'll let everyone put their numbers out, and I bet all, I'll bet i all beat those numbers that y'all put out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm thinking like twelve hundred and thirteen hundred yards from scrimming something like that. Because they want to share the ball a little bit. Gus is going to get his work too. But you're looking you can still beat that. You're saying, yes, okay, I love it. The look on his face is awesome there. And I listened to him. I know JK. Dobbins is a man of his word. I know this is a very talented man in terms of vision and patience and just he's got it. And so I told my daughter, you better get JK. Dobbins on your fantasy team. She didn't. You know, he's killing thirteen hundred yards. That's nothing right now, he's going to pass that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, easy money.
Speaker 5: He his his yards for carry went way down in the in Week two, and he had seven point seven yards per carry against the Carolina Panthers. Will leave that matchup of unbeatens to go to another matchup of unbeatens, the Houston Texans, who got that win on Sunday Night football, favored by two points on the road in the Hive.
Speaker 3: I mean I love this game, Yes, I absolutely love this game. And buzz, Look, you have two offenses that run the same scheme, right, Bobby Slowick, Kevin O'Connell, these are these are all McVeigh shanahan disciples, right, so it's gonna be running the same scheme. And we saw what that Vikings defense did to the forty nine ers in this game, where you had Rock Purty coming up to Brian Flores saying, Wow, that's scheme.
Speaker 2: That game's crazy, bro, crazy bro.
Speaker 4: But the Texans are a different monster. Now.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know how. I mean, they're they're so loaded. This this is such a good game. So in me talking about Houston's offense going against this defense, I do think still that Houston has got some advantages with the receivers, the fact that they spread the ball around the way they do.
Speaker 4: You know, Nico Collins is really showing up big time the.
Speaker 2: Leading the league and receiving by like fifty yards.
Speaker 3: But not having Joe mix and is is a is a different thing. In this game, we saw cam Akers had a couple of good runs, but he coughed up the ball. I mean that's been a problem of his So CJ. Stroud is gonna have to really show up in this game.
Speaker 4: I think this. I mean, he shows up every game, but I think this is one where it's going to be on his arm.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I've felt that the Texans passing game has actually been a little disjointed.
Speaker 2: In the first two weeks. They've been productive. CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud has made a lot of good throws and a couple of good throws in rhythm, but he's really counted on in both games just making plays, yes, as if he's probably been working on that, Like not that he wasn't good at that his rookie year, but these two games it's really stood out. But the on time winning from the pocket throws haven't been as consistent. Now they've had pretty tough match you know, pretty tough matchup this last week against the Bears, and this is a tough one too, But you met it.
Speaker 2: I mean, party's not wrong.
Speaker 1: This game is crazy, bro, Like they're like you said, these offenses are similar, the defenses are not because there's no defense quite like a Brian Flores defense. And just they have like four players I was watching this on film this week that are just everywhere. It seems like there's two of them. And here's the four. Mattellus is everywhere, He's everywhere, Harrison Smith is everywhere, still playing like he's twenty five years old. Van Ginkel is everywhere. And then the guy I wanted to talk about is Blake Cashman. It's the Cashman Revenge game. Blake Cashman was awesome in that game. Last week in coverage, Brian Flores said he got it like a tip.
Speaker 2: From from a I forget.
Speaker 1: It was like a former Hurricanes coach of Cashman's in college that happens to live in Eaton Prairie now or something like that.
Speaker 2: And they that's been a great free agent signing.
Speaker 1: And then they have a lot of really smart guys who can execute a tough defense.
Speaker 5: And and that's the thing because when you when you mentioned all those guys, they're all they've all seen a lot of football, and the communication with them works so well where there's plays where they line up showing double a gap, they got a double bug look and they come out to cover two.
Speaker 4: It's like Brock's having to figure that out.
Speaker 5: And at one point, cornerback's traveling with Brandon I who can motion, and instead of running, he runs around the rest of the secondary and he goes back into a single high look and rock Party looks up, like, what am I supposed to do with this? That's a hell of an ask of a player too, and he just has to take a set. It's just there's so much and a lot can go wrong and c J. Stroud can make you wrong. But it's gonna be fun to watch. But I do think right since he come he comes into the league as a rookie, he is top four in yards per attempt against the Blitz and that includes his entire rookie season, where yeah, it's still good and B flow sense.
Speaker 1: It's but even like that Week one they didn't like. You just never know what you're gonna get. This team I think could execute anything. I'm I'm torn on this game, like I lean Texans, I don't don't have a strong feeling you're You're right, though, Steve, this isn't an awesome one. It as much as we talk about the Vikings scheme and everything, it's like the Texans still have the players Stingley and Lasseter and Petrie in the back end. That's a tougher matchup than than Sam Darnold.
Speaker 3: And here's the bigger point, and no one talks about them and the Texans linebackers. This might be other than maybe the Niners and may the best overall group of us. He's Al Shayer, Okay, you know the puncher you got Henry Toto. Oh, they have dudes who can run and get to the ball and deliver you know, some turnover changing contact when they get there, and that's gonna be a problem for the Vikings. You know, in that run game, that intermediate stuff. The way that these linebackers can run and get to the ball are going to be an issue for the Vikings.
Speaker 4: I do like the Texans to.
Speaker 1: Cover so that like, this was an inter game coming into the season, But you just never know what's gonna look like.
Speaker 2: To me, maybe the game of the week.
Speaker 1: I have a little hot take here, Okay, that the secondary cruise. And so for CBS that's Charles Davis and Iron Eagle, and now for Fox that's Greg Olsen and Joe Davis. Like they've been getting the better games every week. They got Charles Davis is on Texans Vikings. That's intriguing. That's a twenty twenty four type of game. Greg Olsen's got Saints Eagles. That's a lot of fun. And then they stick you know, the big names. It's like, oh, the Cowboys are just you know, Tom Brady's personal team for the third stree week.
Speaker 2: That's a good game too.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying sometimes I've been noticing the secondary teams are getting the juicier games. I'm looking forward to this. I'm looking forward to the rest of this show too.
Speaker 2: But we are going to.
Speaker 1: Take a quick break and we be back right after this, back on NFL Daily.
Speaker 2: For what I think is the game of the week in the Superdome right here in week three? Are you doing games of the week in the Superdome with that?
Speaker 4: And we were a field goal or a cought ball on.
Speaker 5: A crucial third down away from this being a matchup of unbeatens in the Mercedes Been super Dome between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Saints instead the one on one Eagles on the road and what will be a Banana's atmosphere in the Superdome on Sunday. Two and a half point favor with the New Orleans Saints bringing in the top offensive football Steve that went deep into the second half before they even had to drive, that didn't result in a touchdown in Dallas.
Speaker 4: How do you see this one going.
Speaker 3: I'm not a gambler, but two and a half seems like a small number because the Eagles defense is not good. I mean, the issues that they had last year. Then their losing streak have surfaced big time their defensive line phages. As the game goes along in terms of stopping the run, the linebackers get outmatched and their corners, at least one of them the veteran. The speed is an issue. Well, okay, rashiit chahed. All he does is catch big play touchdowns. Right, You've got chrys Olave, Derek carr is hitting these guys running game. Alba Kamara looks fantastic. Like I said, for that big number that the Saints just put up on the Cowboys, you only through the ball nineteen times guys, right, they can run the football. They've got guys who can mash. We can say all we want about the Eagles offense, keeping them close, their defense, Vic Fangio or whatnot. It's not there right now. That two and a half number seems very very small to me. So you could think, you know, the Saints fans gonna hear and stand up and get crunk a whole lot in the Dome this week.
Speaker 2: Right, It's just evaluating.
Speaker 1: Do you put stock into the players' names and what you thought going into the season, or do you put stock into what your eyes are telling you now?
Speaker 2: The Saints have not played a normal game yet.
Speaker 1: They've they've gotten the thirty by halftime in each game because they've just put up touch the touch.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: At some point they will play a normal game, and I think that'll be a good test of their offensive line. Can they do some true drop back passing, not not just blowing people open in the running game. I don't know if they're gonna have to though in this game. To your point, Steve, because the run defense for Philadelphia has been so bad, especially against the outside zone. That's what the Saints have been majoring in. I can't believe how in sync the group is. You give a ton of credit to their offensive line coach and Clint Kubiak, their coordinator, because Caesar Ruiz and Eric McCoy, especially on the interier just blowing people up like Trevor Penning is making it happen. And this is going up against the exact biggest weakness right now of this Eagles group. And Derek Carr has shown in this system he'll pass early to set up the run.
Speaker 2: That's where I.
Speaker 1: Think people always get it miss is like like you pass early, you get a lead to set up their run and that's worked perfectly and right now, like Bryce Huff isn't getting it done, but no one else, like Jalen Carter's not either. Jalen Carter did not have a good game against Chris Linstrom on Monday night.
Speaker 2: Either it's a short week, you're you're on the road, like it.
Speaker 1: Is a They wish they had that win just in their pocket because like, even though they weren't playing well, sometimes you can work your way into it. But now they're looking at a one and two record potentially. It's amazing how quickly things change, though. I saw on Twitter some Eagles fans just saying like, oh, this is the schedule lost, just here's one and two.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, like, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, the big and rapid change to me was it was not that long ago where we're thinking about this Eagles stable of edge rushers and pass rushers that's rotating in.
Speaker 4: They're leading the league in.
Speaker 5: Time off the snap, snap to target times for everybody, and then they don't necessarily want to go up on that one million dollars for Hassan Reddick. The Jets don't want to either, and then Bryce Huff comes in and you're kind of starting to wonder if Howie gets back on the phone to try to figure something out.
Speaker 1: It's not that crazy if everyone could just swallow their pride a.
Speaker 5: Little bit, because it makes sense for all parties, because I mean not to get into the contract leads, but a son Ridick deserves more than a million. Yeah and change here in twenty twenty four, and there's plenty of teams that could use an edge.
Speaker 4: That can well the Jets now that Darine Junson's.
Speaker 1: Out, Yes, they absolutely, they absolutely could.
Speaker 5: But now they've got a number two passing efficiency offense coming in where they're number twenty six in passing efficiency. And it's not like it was last year. Where's the comedy of errors on the back end? Right, it's like Queenya Mitchell's playing great, Yes he is, and other than getting completely diced up by Drake London on the final play, the slave played.
Speaker 1: All right, Sure there was a play I think it was the last one, and I was listening to an evaluation of it on phl y this podcast Egos podcast, and they noted, like on that play they're doing a stunt on one side and then they do it three by one to set up their best pass rusher to have a one on one situation at the Eagles, that is, and their best pass rusher they believe with the app salute game on the line is thirty seven year old Brandon Graham.
Speaker 2: Who has played okay through a twoek.
Speaker 1: But that's not a good sign for what's going on with the rest of your guys.
Speaker 4: It's it's just I mean, and this is a bad matchup.
Speaker 3: I mean again, you look at the stretch the stretch zone scheme, and what's interesting you talked about how even someone like Trevor Penning right who we didn't know could play, this scheme has really let guys like that resurrect their careers. It comes from an Alex Gibbs run scheme from back to the day with Mike Shanahan.
Speaker 4: He never wanted first round draft picks.
Speaker 3: He wanted guys who are agile, with athleticism, who moved to a spot, not to a man.
Speaker 4: That's what they're doing.
Speaker 3: When you talked about the offensive line playing on a thread and just having someone like Alvin Kamara, who this is his type of game where he can be patient and hit some spots.
Speaker 4: I just think this is tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, Philly Yeah, they might be able to put up some points, but we all know that the Saints bread has been buttered with his defense.
Speaker 1: To make just to make the case quickly for Philly, it's a huge deal of that aj Brown is expected to miss another game and there's such a drop off their thin But the Saints defense, and at least the last few years basically the same defense has struggled with good rushing quarterbacks that Jalen hurts his plane at a high level. And more than anything, I can see this Eagles offensive line mashing this Saints defensive line in the running game because I think they can be that good.
Speaker 2: You can push back on me.
Speaker 1: I think they can keep they can move the ball on offense, running the ball, and that it's going to be more of a game game than the Saints events so far.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of the quarterbacks that can run, Taysom Hill d n p at practice Wednesdays, so tight end Patrick Well, either way.
Speaker 1: He's a big factor though guys, they kind of dictate, they move him all around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, regardless, having him on the field is probably important. Yes, a couple of plays, we'll go from that game to another good game, which maybe we wouldn't have thought was good a few weeks ago. And that is the Detroit Lions a three point favorite on the road in the desert against Kyler and company who were all over the Rams. On Sunday Chris Meyer's Mark Schlereth on the call, Greg Kyler and Marv Junior got it figured out last week.
Speaker 1: They absolutely did. He has been so awesome. I still feel bad that I nominated that Derek Carr throw tot Shaheed as the throw of the week on our Sunday Night recap. Let's watch the angle here in the studio, and obviously if you're just listing in your car, just just pull over and watch it. Because the figure eight that he made before he threw on the run and had to throw it kind of behind him and time it perfectly to the receiver and then he turns around like Steph Crey that that really was the throw of the week last week. So I apologized to Kyler Murray, what do you think that throw would beat the Anthony Richardson throw from week one as the throw of the year so far?
Speaker 5: The play itself might beat it the throw of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, nobody's doing what Kyler does. But the throw.
Speaker 1: The champion still have the belt, then what a fun test. Though this is against the I think a good Lions defense. Hutchinson's playing well, owned the Rique's playing well, Brands is playing well.
Speaker 2: I think the Lions defense has showed up in these two games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the one that's gonna be a little bit more of a truth tellers to what the Arizona Cardinals are because they are exciting. You know me, I'm the world's biggest Kyler Murray fan. Is he on the island yet?
Speaker 4: Have we gone back?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you mentioned that we are debating whether to do QB Island next week or the week after.
Speaker 2: We have not gone back to the island.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we gotta get I think he's.
Speaker 2: Going to be on there, it's safe to say.
Speaker 4: But with Derek Carr, who we get fired too.
Speaker 3: But I just think this is where this is the week where Detroit, though it's offense gets right. I mean, they they've kind of been junked up and truncated. They've had some tough games, but I think this is where their offense gets right again. I think Kyler's gonna put some points upon But I think Jared Goff is going to not be throwing.
Speaker 4: Picks like he did last week.
Speaker 1: And to get the Lions question for you, Patrick, Yeah, just a little theory I had.
Speaker 4: Okay, least the.
Speaker 1: Last couple weeks or like teams catching up to the Lions, just like a little bit. On offense, the run has been pretty good, not great. They kind of struggled at the end of last week's years. But more than I just haven't seen the wide open dudes, and Goff hasn't looked quite as comfortable. I've just used to seeing like those wide open guys. Maybe I'm over over.
Speaker 5: It's always tough to say, hey, you take away the turnovers, because it's the NFL.
Speaker 4: You can't take away the turnovers.
Speaker 5: They doubled up the Bucks in terms of first downs rushing almost did it in passing. They doubled up in total yards, and they doubled their passing yards as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, but they are okay, I have an answer for that though. They are sixteen so far through two games, and yards per pass just a basic stat like they've been pretty average by their passing metrics. Yeah, you're gonna dial up some yards when you go back there fifty five times but it hasn't been as easy. I don't think for Jared. I think he's had a tougher time than I would have expected.
Speaker 5: It certainly has not been as easy. And I think, of course they're playing against two teams that they'd just beaten the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of familiarity.
Speaker 5: There, a lot of coming alley in the game plan, and now they get to kind of go off of that into a different place. I'm confident that this guy's and that's a loss where Dan Campbell was already saying at halftime, I screwed up.
Speaker 4: I blew that. That's on me.
Speaker 5: I think they're gonna come out and we're not going to see jerk Off dropping back forty times. I think they are going to pound the rocks and that.
Speaker 3: Cold and one thing, you know, one reason why this line's offense is successful is the personnel scheme. Defenses into a brain maze ahead of time, like they'll come out and run personnel. You know, two running backs, two tight ends, and they're throwing at thirty yards down field.
Speaker 4: Well, now teams aren't going for the Oki dok.
Speaker 3: Right, there's some situational things they're probably looking at that they're discovering. So Ben Johnson's got to kind of get back into the lab a little bit. But I'm with Patrick. I just think this is a game of their offense kind of finally.
Speaker 4: Get to going.
Speaker 2: Is the over under here is fifty one and a half. That's not high enough.
Speaker 1: This is the one game where I'm feeling thirty three twenty five something like.
Speaker 4: That up and down the field. That the Cardinals haven't played a low scoring game home season.
Speaker 2: No, their offense is legit.
Speaker 3: It's legit, man. I mean the offensive line is playing in kyler Is. He's feeling pretty good these days, and so points.
Speaker 4: Easy to come by in that one.
Speaker 5: Perhaps not in our next game, that is the Green Bay Packers in what would be the Malik Willis revenge game against the Tennessee Titans, who are at home favored by two and a half. But Greg, we just saw video earlier today on Wednesday of Jordan Love on the field wearing pads and throwing a pass. I'm not going to extrapolate it because I'm not a Twitter doctor. Yeah, but he's doing that, so take from there.
Speaker 1: He's limited in practice, and they took it all the way to the weekend where Matt Lafleur was leaving the door open. They had him questionable initially and then downgraded him to doubtful. It's one of those where the coach has been publicly saying something and the insiders said something quite different initially. Just reading between the lines, I still think he's unlikely for this week, and that next week might be the one that just reading between like how these things sort of go well.
Speaker 3: If mattlef Floor plays it like he did last week, where they run it fifty three times, right, Jort can hand it off fifty three times. I'm with you against this defense which gets after people. I mean, this defense I think is a little bit more surprising, and the way they've been able to get after the quarterback. I would not put him out there. This is a long term play. This is a guy you just signed to a deal. Patrick, you were talking about.
Speaker 2: They just won a game. They bought themselves a week.
Speaker 4: They bought themselves a week. This is going to be a very tough game to me.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be on the Packers defense to keep forcing Will Levis to make mistakes. But I would not play Jordan Love in this game and let Malik Willis try to get revenge because it's a very different Tennessee team.
Speaker 1: To Okay, So Milik Willis last week, obviously it was a lot of handoffs, Yeah, but when they asked him to make a throw, he was effective, and when he ran a few times, he was effective. And I just thought it was really an outstanding story, especially after his former teammate Taylor Lwan said on a podcast last week about Malik Willis that he likes him, good human being, but the guy doesn't really know ball unfortunately, and then went through that when it comes to checks and cans that he's a tough time seeing safety see in the field, which I thought was an unfair thing to say because he's in the locker room with this kid as a rookie coming out of college, when you know he is very raw. So I thought it was very telling how Matt Lafirre said how impressed he was how quickly Malik Willis picked up this offense, that there was only one moment in the game that there was any sort of communication issue or that he could you know, there was an issue of like understanding what was going on there, and he expected there to be a lot of it and that they installed the game plan and he executed it to a tee. But Malik Willis was not taking the bait this week. Asked whether he wanted to prove the Titans wrong, said I could care less. I got paid the whole time I was there. I was more blessed. I was more than blessed for the opportunity they gave me. They brought me into the league, whether those guys are there or not.
Speaker 4: You know, so spoke like a true Liberty Universe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't survive at Liberty University without being able to respond.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: Ye, two issues that affect you know, many, many different aspects of your life. And I think like in terms of because with so much coming in, like oh, he'd never thrown for one hundred yards, nobody had ever had fifty yards receiving in a game that Elik will have started. Those are all out And we now see what it looks like when a coaching staff is willing to put together a game plan, a thoughtful game plan. It's not just oh yeah, it's a backoup quarterback. Okay, let's go in and or just let's us.
Speaker 1: Run our normal system when the two players are very different. This guy is not Ryan tannel Is, not Jordan Love. They made it work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's conceivable.
Speaker 5: And again because Steve mentioned the mistakes at a certain point, it's not like Ken will Levis not make these mistakes. It's just when is it going to happen? And you'd have to think that if it doesn't happen here where they're playing against a quarterback that they're very familiar with, perhaps uh in Milik Willis, where the defense has been so good, if it still happens in this game, it's just an inevitability, uh, that he's going to give the ball to the other team in some hilarious sequence of events like the twenty seventeen Jamis style where it's just yeah.
Speaker 4: That's that's it. I mean, that's that is a very good point.
Speaker 2: I mean, just you played pretty well last week.
Speaker 4: I mean other than that point, right, but that but that's the think about will Levis. He plays pretty well, but if you don't protect the ball, it doesn't mean jack. I mean, so I think that's part of it.
Speaker 3: Also, real quick to you, Taylor Lawan on Malik Willis, that was a knock on the leak and that's why he dropped until the third, So salute to Matt Lafleur for devising game plans and strategies to play to a guy strengths, and so.
Speaker 2: To him to developing as a pro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and being, like you said, in a system that look, it set him up because the run game was so creative. Like that's what coaching is, like, you take what you have and you take advantage. Jaden Reid is this chess piece that they're moving all around and is messing with the coverages. You could see Jacobs really getting up the middle on plays where they got distracted by what was happening with Reed. Meanwhile, Tucker Kraft is out there looking like Rob Grenkowski, and then it was pretty awesome. The Titans, though they need this game, they're owing to they're going up against the defense. It's been pretty blah in terms of their pass rush in the Packers, so we'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Interesting side note, Calvin Ridley had those problems with press coverage last season. He's got zero yards against press coverage this season. He's not seeing the ball when he's in press and he's not necessarily getting open. So looking forward to that game. Taking us to his time for the Game of the Week, presented by Draft Games and you want to match up to got a whole lot hotter than it was with two minutes to go in the game on Monday Night, Kirk Cousins and the resurgent Atlanta Falcons playing hosts to Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs, who were favored great by three and a half points. On Sunday Night Football with Mike Rico and Chris Collinsworth and everybody.
Speaker 2: Is it hotter? I mean, see, I'm oh, I'm a dark human.
Speaker 1: And if they were zero and two, I would be on like Michael Pennock's watch, And so that would make it.
Speaker 4: Fil a whole lot of right.
Speaker 1: It would just make it like all the bigger and now they've sort of bought themselves some times people would understand if they lose this game. I think the Falcons have a chance to win this game, because I just think the Chiefs they've just been okay so far. I know they've won the games, but I think you do got to look past that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes. They are eighteenth right now in DVOA.
Speaker 1: That's total team efficiency, twenty second in defense, twelfth in offense, asking a lot out of Xavier Worthy now there's no Isaiah Pacheco. You're shorthanded there. Travis Kelce hasn't broken forty yards on the season yet, like total, So that's just.
Speaker 2: Something to keep an eye and they make up for it.
Speaker 1: They still have great players, they have Patrick Mahomes, they have great coaches, but they they strike me as a little bit of one of those Patriots teams coming off the Super Bowl wins. That's like, yeah, they'll find their ways to wins, but sometimes it's a little bit on fumes and this is just not all there yet.
Speaker 4: You nailed it.
Speaker 3: I mean when I saw the three and a half, I was like, that almost seems big. Not because I think the Falcons are just gonna have an answer for everything, but right now they're just kind of getting by. I mean, when you knew the Ravens is gonna be a tough game, he saw how a challenging of a game that was in the Ravens bade some second half adjustments.
Speaker 4: But they're just kind of getting through it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: The Falcons are feeling a little spicy.
Speaker 3: They're feeling good about themselves because you saw it with Bijon Robinson and Tyler Algyear did in that run game. That offensive line, you know, the new o c Zach Robinson said, Oh, this offensive line is designed to run the ball.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 3: Now. That's tough slutting when you're going up against stone Cole Jones and Nick Bolton and and you know some of the Jew Tranquil and guys like that for Kansas City. But they're gonna stick with it. I mean, they're not gonna put too much pressure on Kirk Cuttins, especially with the way that the Chiefs can dial up some pressures. But I think this is going to be a competitive ball game. Again, maybe not so much because of what the Falcons do, but because it's Chiefs are just kind of we're here and there. One one quick thing though, the fact that not having Pacheco, that's a good point. The Falcons linebackers in that game against the Eagles did not play well.
Speaker 4: They did not well.
Speaker 3: They just did not look good. And if you can run the ball, if Kareem Hunt can come in and remember some of the plays, Kansas didn't get that run game going, it is there for the taking, unless all of a sudden they sink Simons Jesse Bates, who is out of this world in that game Monday Night can make a lot of plays.
Speaker 5: Well, Jesse Bates is gonna have to be out of this world in this game, because I understand if you're asking a lot of worthy as well as maybe Juju Smith Schuster. I don't if Patrick Mahomes has the amount of time that Jalen Hurts had on Monday.
Speaker 4: Night, good point. I don't I crazy.
Speaker 5: I feel like, don't care great because we're I'm all on lou ANIUMO for Russian three on fourth and sixteen, and it's like if Mahomes has time, of course, like the game goes and the Chiefs are up and down every single year, but just watching like the sheer amount of.
Speaker 4: Time that Jalen Hurts could watch.
Speaker 5: The one time that he didn't have time was towards the end when he throws that pick looking for Devonte Smith because that's that's the only place he was going. I just I can't say, Yeah, the number thirty two pressure rate defense in the league thirty two, but Patrick, whoa, The Chiefs just benched their left tackle right.
Speaker 4: This is not the Eagles offensive line.
Speaker 1: Probably back in this week. But yes, it shows that they're I mean, they've got weaknesses.
Speaker 3: Because Judon did play well. He's just gotten he's playing better. I mean, look, he played better. He wasn't seless, but in terms of pressure, he was the one guy who can win.
Speaker 1: Thirty second in pressure rate. Though that is troubling Grady Jared's looked. Okay. Onyamada is on my radar because I've watched him closely his whole career and he's another one of those guys I mentioned Amari Cooper's kind of one of the guys. Either it's great or it's just not your year with Onyamada, like you think of him as a great player. In some years he's great, And there were just a couple of those Saints heres where he's like where are you man? And that's what it's been the first two weeks. I do think that, Yeah, the Falcons have a chance. So they just have to dot you mentioned it. The offensive line just has to dominate. If the offensive line matches and protects like they got a shot, they got a shot.
Speaker 5: Bijon goes for two twelve two scores. He has a Texas line coming up.
Speaker 1: He could He's the best. I'm already ready to put him there. He's the best running back in the NFL. He's the guy I would want if I just had one.
Speaker 2: Right, this is.
Speaker 4: Reable, This is a reasonable proposition.
Speaker 1: Sake, right, there probably one two in that game, probably won two in that game. All Right, we will take a quick break and then we're going to finish up the games just a little bit. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now and use the code daily. New customers can bet just five bucks to get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets only on DraftKings Sports Book With the code daily, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Back on NFL Daily. No survivor picks yet, but there.
Speaker 4: Might be one coming up, do you think so? We'll see.
Speaker 2: We're getting to the end of that this show here.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, let's find out if this is the one. Because the undefeated Mike McDonald Seattle Seahawks are a four and a half point favorite at home as the Miami Dolphins will literally fly from the other side of the planet h to take them on with h without to a tongue of ioloa. Skyler Thompson getting the start for the Miami Dolphins. So how do we feel about this?
Speaker 4: First off? Can I get an amen on the survivor pick.
Speaker 2: This is me, guys.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh wow, Seahawks, that's my survivor Okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been hot. You know I've been hot on them all. All right, what about you, guys?
Speaker 2: I mean talk a little pick behind the curtain.
Speaker 1: Let's just be real here where we take a break and uh, Steve tells the producers, you know, Eric behind the glass hide them there too, and you we're gonna you're taking your survivor pick now. And I was like, oh, well that was gonna be my survivor pick.
Speaker 4: And I said, oh, I was gonna take Geno and company as well.
Speaker 1: And we could be gout less and spread it out, or you could just believe in NFL Daily.
Speaker 2: Don't go down with the ship because this is a lock. They're winning this game.
Speaker 3: They're winning this game, and if they don't, they we're all suckers on here next week. But Skyler Thompson going coast to coast, playing in that stadium in front of the twelves.
Speaker 1: Right, No, When I look at this matchup, the offensive line of the Dolphins going up against the defensive line, I think that four and a half is disrespectful.
Speaker 2: I agree, there's there's five or six more games here that have a.
Speaker 1: Bigger line, And I don't get it because the Dolphins to me, have not played well. Twa tongue ba Lo was in that game when he got hurt. They were trailing thirty one to ten. I was not impressed. And it's not because it's too necessarily or their receivers, but the offensive line has really struggled. The defense has its share of issues, and the Seattle front Patrick they got something going here with the Leonard Williams, Byron Murphy Boye maa Mafe trio. That trio is going to create some issues this season, and we saw it.
Speaker 5: With Vets in McDonald's last year here in Baltimore, and it seems like those circumstances are reproducing themselves as this system continues to kind of snuff out opposing offenses, with some of that being the schedule a little bit. We're gonna find out a little bit more going up against this this Dolphins team.
Speaker 4: But are we though?
Speaker 5: Like I do think we can expect some growth from Thompson because the last time we saw him was two years ago. He's a young guy as well. But it's just it's hard to get out this idea of this Dolphins offense even struggling with Tua to where he's throwing balls to Robbie Chosen, who we love, but he he wants runs the wrong route. There's another ball that goes no longer, no longer, yeah, which is which is tough because he that's where he wanted to be spoke to us in the offseason as well.
Speaker 4: It came in in studio, but it's just it's it's not working right now.
Speaker 5: And and now they're going up against the team that that's on the come up where everything's going right for Seattle.
Speaker 3: This far right, and you know who's one of the fastest, if not the fastest dB in the NFL, Treiq Wollen Right, Well, so he's he's a bigger guy. He might not be able to handle some of the shiftingness, but he's a guy with speed who can play Devin Witherspoon can kind of help out in some of that shorter catching yak stuff that they'd like to do with Jalen Waddle. So look raheem moster, it looks like he's coming back, right. That's gonna help out eight Chan in the run game. So we'll see. But when I look at a Seahawks team. To me, they showed a lot last week because Greg, we've talked about how good the Patriots defense is going to be this year and the fact they had to go there and throw it forty four times to win a tough game against that defense on the road, cross country, and they did it. It goes to show me, you know, we see the playmakers. We're looking at DK metcalf on that big TD play against the Patriots. I just think that they're going to be able to put up some points. It's gonna be it could be a fairly tough game. You know, let's just give the Dolphins defense a little credit. But the four and a half does seem like a small number for me.
Speaker 1: And I know it's just two weeks and that includes a quarter and a half without to it. But yeah, Dolphins offense twenty seventh this year overall in DVOA twenty six, running the ball the O line.
Speaker 2: In the past, it was like, Okay, they're banged up.
Speaker 1: In toront Armstead's day to day McDaniel actually said he's not overly concerned, which I'm surprised by, Like I would always be overly concerned about Toron Armstead, especially when he just left the game. By the way, I just don't know why I'm thinking about this right now, but I wanted to say it. My son was at a Yakult Swallows baseball game in Tokyo. I love it, and on the loud speaker they were playing at Tehron armstead rap song from the Madden soundtrack, and I'm just saying, that's impressive. Toront Armstead has gone like international as a rapper, so like he's a Walter Payton Man of the Year type of guy. He's a great player, and he's got his rap songs being played in Japan. Oh and somehow Walker knew the song. He's like, yeah, I heard Tron Armstead song.
Speaker 3: That is a major come up from from Kahoki, Illinois, right outside of Saint Louis.
Speaker 4: Well done. He's worldwide. Give him the os worldwide.
Speaker 1: I completely forgot whatever point I was actually making. But yeah, their run game has been bad. Tron arms said good, but the run game is bad.
Speaker 5: They needed to be good and we'll see if they can overcome one of the big spreads of the week, the next biggest as we go to the Buffalo Bills playing hosts to the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Bills favored by five against a number twenty rngth passing efficiency offense seventeenth rushing efficiency. They haven't been able to figure things out. When they have Steve, they've made crucial mistake. What can the Jags do to win this.
Speaker 3: This is a big number for me because I know the Bills have looked unbeatable. The Jags are desperate. I think the Jacks come out play a good game. This game with Trevor Lawrence can limits the giveaways. I mean, look at the numbers. Last week, was he fourteen for thirty? I mean, do you talk about hit or miss?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: He was playing against a very good Browns defense. But now this is where he's got to earn his money, and I think he's gonna show up. I think they're going to have a good game plan. I don't know if they win this game, but at five looks like a big number for me. I do think they're gonna be able to run the ball a little bit. You can't ask Trevor to put that ball up, you know, thirty five times a game. They're going to have to run the ball. But I think Jacksonville is going to give the Bills a very, very tough game here.
Speaker 1: I look at Trevor, who's thirty first in the NFL and completion percentage over expected. They were one to four in the red zone last year and last week rather which has been a problem. So suddenly you're having problems that are recurring. It's year three with Doug Peterson. There's some real frustration Trevor Lawrence saying he sucks.
Speaker 2: Tug.
Speaker 1: Peterson seemed pretty downcast after that game. You're not really used to that. They're twenty six in the league in terms of quick pressure. So the offensive lines not playing well in multiple ways. I think they're twenty ninth and something like contact before getting hit. Their running backs are actually playing well and having a lot of yards after carry. But so that's again it's another team where it's the line and it's going up against like a reborn.
Speaker 2: Bill's line with Vod Miller's playing well, Greg Russo's playing well. Oliver played well in that game, so.
Speaker 4: Vanessa, that's huge.
Speaker 5: And it's this version of safety Josh that we've seen where he's not taking the big risk, mainly because the offense is structured differently. The volume of receivers out on the field just isn't the same where he's taking deep shots down the field and putting the ball in dangerous situations.
Speaker 4: He's been very careful with the football. He's distributed the ball very well.
Speaker 5: He did have that one Yeolo Josh run where he hurt his hand, but fortunately it got a week after. The Dolphins really didn't have a lot to offer against the Bills on Thursday night, and then you know Ta gets hurt as well, so not a lot of pressure to make him deal with that. And here comes the struggling Jags scene where the Bills might just march on to three and O.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know the one thing I do like about the Bills, and we all knew coming in because of what they did at wide retiever they were going to be a tight end centric team and do some things with James Cook.
Speaker 4: They have done that.
Speaker 3: Plus, I mean they have accentuated a two tight end look. James Cook has been absolutely fantastic. Now there's two games of film on that, all right. Is Joe Brady gonna continue to be because he's always been known as a great play schemer. It was a play calling that was something he had to learn.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: He looks like he's learned his butt off in terms of calling a great game. And I think this is gonna be a good challenge for him because we do you know, the Jags d front. They've got some talent there and they've got some linebackers who can run and not let James Cook get runs like good runs off like this. So again, I think it's going to be a really really good challenge. But you know, salute to Joe Brady with those guys are doing up there with that two tight end look offense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think the Jacks offense has been their issue. They've scored thirty points on offense through two weeks, I believe, and so you know that's been the issue. And they are playing though a couple rookies or young players rather in the secondary. Jerry and Jones is a rookie and then Buster Brown is a young player because they're without Darnell Savage at least last week they were who's their nickelback, and they're without the best cornerback, Tyson Campbell, So that that worries me. Going against a pretty diverse passing attack with the Bills. I like this Bills team. They were my Super Bowl team.
Speaker 4: They are good.
Speaker 1: They could change their game plan week to week. I noticed that in the Miami game. No blitz and stuff. That's what you get with a veteran team, a veteran coach. Like they're a little People say, oh, it's the preseason. It's extended preseason team like the Bills, a veteran team maybe are a little more ready.
Speaker 4: Five points feels like a little a bit much.
Speaker 5: I would feel more comfortable in another spot where the Jags ro and two, but they were in.
Speaker 4: They were in both of those games, and we're kind of fun.
Speaker 2: This is the early Monday night game.
Speaker 1: We should point out, Yes, Chris Fowler or Lavski and Riddick action, we're back to the double headers. How do you feel about the doubleheaders?
Speaker 4: Guys love it? I love it. You don't like it? Patrick? I support every decision the night.
Speaker 5: Here's, here's and again exceedingly diplomatic because again I support and carry the shield and we'll stand in front of it and take whatever fire.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like the afternoon slate on Sundays. It's where it's where our work, we do Game day Live. I don't like losing a game. Wow from the afternoon on Sunday, because sometimes we run into a situation where we get the Cowboys in the Saints and people are out there looking for a game to watch.
Speaker 4: Sure, and the game might not.
Speaker 1: Where's Jack's bills? It's on Monday night early. The only issue I have is just don't why put them at the same time. Let's go back to back. You can deal with whatever little ratings hit you have for starting it at five thirty or I don't care, You'll get plenty.
Speaker 2: It's an NFL game.
Speaker 1: Go back to back and have about fifteen minutes in between for everyone to get a beverage.
Speaker 3: Wait, I know you stand behind the shield. I'm gonna step in front of it and want to take a big hit because you know how they're going to compute the numbers.
Speaker 4: Oh, THEOK combine not right? For Monday night?
Speaker 3: Are gonna be seventy eight million viewers on all platforms with these two games?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Because and then too many people miss the game because they're watching one or the other. Titans Dolphins last year was the perfect example. That was one of the most astounding football game I have ever seen, and most people didn't see it because they thought the game was over and they're too busy watching Tommy Cutlets over.
Speaker 2: There on ABC.
Speaker 4: Picture and Picture guy.
Speaker 1: I was downstairs to you know, working for a Channel five shout out to the UK audience, but yes, if I.
Speaker 5: Could get TV manufacturers to understand that we've been in sixteen by nine by over a decade now, we got to figure out a picture and picture that serves both parties. In the picture of picture, I'll hop off my floatbox and we'll go to the return of the line himself, Andy Dalton starting for the Carolina Panthers at the Las Vegas Raiders, who were favored by five and a half points. Dave Canalis was emphatic he is not making quarterback change. He believes in Bryce. Less than twenty four hours later, Bryce Young going to the bench in favor of the veteran Andy Dalton and the Raiders and Gardner Minshew coming off a big win in Baltimore over the Ravens greg five and a half points.
Speaker 4: Feel comfortable there.
Speaker 2: No, you know, Andy Dalton. I love you, man, I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that your court side at the US Open, just chilling the weekend before the season starts. I love that our great friend Chris Westling came up with the Dalton scale ten plus years ago now that if you have a quarterback better than Anti Dalton, you have a franchise quarterback, and if you don't, then you need a franchise quarterback. And that is the Dalton scale. And here we are in twenty twenty four in the studio named for Chris and it's still true. He's still that guy. You need a solid starter, a veteran to come in and just be average, to be your version of Gardner Minshew.
Speaker 2: Andy Dalton to do that for you.
Speaker 1: As long as he stays healthy, I would take him over Gardner Minshew, he.
Speaker 4: Would do that for you. With those Bengals teams he played on, I feel bad for him playing.
Speaker 1: He looked pretty good when he played for the Panthers last year with a shootout one game.
Speaker 4: But it was a shoot last year, Okay last year.
Speaker 3: Right now, he's wishing he was Ryan Tannehill, who was publicly said a few times times, I am only going to expose my body to the right situation, Ryan Tannehill, I'm sorry. The red rifle.
Speaker 7: Andy Dalton, you know, think he wants to play a little football again. Maybe, but behind these guys, look I watched. I was at that Raiders Ravens game. That Raiders defense is real. Patrick Graham has some real dudes, and he is coming up with some creative schemes. Getting an athletic d tackle like Christian Wilkins has allowed him to run a ton of games up front. Max Crosby not just winning coming off the edge. You saw him duck under. They were doing some great twist and stunts up there. And we have seen that the Carolina Panthers have looked at that there's one right there. We have seen the Carolina Panthers have not been able to block anyone. Greg, you and me are gonna combo for at least a half sack against that front.
Speaker 2: I think I would struggle to get off my block off the ground.
Speaker 4: I mean, I look this.
Speaker 3: The Carolina Panthers are a hot mess. Is much as we could blame it on Bryce and he has not played well.
Speaker 4: He has earned not.
Speaker 3: Playing, but not everything he's been exposed to this against this defense, that five and a half number is small. I think I think the Raiders defense might get a score too.
Speaker 1: That's fair. J Davin Clowney, you mentioned coming off an injury did not have any impact in that game. No quarterback hits. So far the scene, jac Horn has showed up made some big plays. The Raiders are a really weird offense, Patrick. They only have two first downs rushing on the season. They're averaging two point five yards per carry. That would obviously be the worst rushing team in the history of football. And yet brock Bauers looks like, you know, maybe already the best tight end.
Speaker 4: In the league. You can make real deal.
Speaker 2: And Gardner Minshew is in the top three.
Speaker 1: I could not believe this on intermedia and deep throws this year, he's in the top three in every metric. Now he hasn't thrown that many, but when he's thrown them, they've been very effective, a lot of them.
Speaker 5: And shout out to Josh Norris were pointing out the particular route that brock Bowers is running a ton right now. He's dragging across the middle and then using that speed and versatility to come back out to the outside where nobody is. And so now you're in a bind where you're having to defend Brockbowers literally fifty yards all across the field, as well as DeVante Adams behind that. I don't know when they figure out the run game in Zamir White and how that goes. I don't think winning the game is going to be a question here because even right which is apparently reck conning the greatest start of all time by Andy Dalton two years ago in Seattle where they lose the football game anyway, and he throws the ball fifty eight times for three hundred and sixty one yards, I just all love to Andy Dalton. I'm just I'm not seeing it with this Carolina Panthers. Oh, I feel so bad, but maybe you know, the offensive genius of Dave Canalis shows something to me. It improves that why is he's in this position in the first when they.
Speaker 3: Show this game, can you imagine the cutaways to Pribace young on the sidelines. I mean, they're going to be living on those cutaways just to see him.
Speaker 2: Let's go and look, he's their backup.
Speaker 1: And Andy Dalton has has has struggled the difference between young Andy Dalton and older any Olton that I've been able to tell us that he just can't stay on the field lately.
Speaker 2: He's been getting hurt pretty quickly when.
Speaker 3: He number ninety eight Max Crosby, who is who's arguably playing better than anybody in the NFL. Uh is coming Sunday, which which is bananas because he still doesn't come off the field. No, it was bananas a couple of years ago when we're talking about mac crosby playing every single snap.
Speaker 5: He's still doing it, which is a certa. But like, what do you even say he's at that point? I would you even say? I just don't know. I feel bad Brandy Tallton this week, man, we'll see. We'll see Andy show, US show US, Dave show, US Carolina Panthers. Let's go to the New York Giants who had a tough, heartbreaking loss. Perhaps they figured out, uh, if they're going to have a kicker and if they're going to have that kick the football at the Cleveland Browns, who are favored by six and a half.
Speaker 4: Wow, over is not a big number. Thirty eight and a half. There's gonna be enough points to get there.
Speaker 1: Greg probably not, but the Giants defense is involved and it got it passed. Meant my notice that they did not have a stop last Sunday that the Washington Commanders, Now they didn't score touchdown, I get it, but they got the ball and they scored every single time they got the ball.
Speaker 2: That that does not happen too often. That is insane.
Speaker 1: They're not doing anything well, like the big defensive line up front, they're not really doing much, and then they kind of play this soft zone where they allow a lot of short passes. Their their run game, in terms of their defense, has not been good. Their defensive backs are getting put in position where they have to make tackles and they're not making tackles. And I just think Stefanski will be good enough like you, and the run game will be good enough. You could see it against Jacksonville when they were in that first fifteen script. Deshaun Watson looked very comfortable. They knew what they were doing. They were all instinct. The rest of the game wasn't so great. He weirdly just doesn't look that athletic anymore and his arms looks a little weird, but it was enough.
Speaker 2: He was much better in week two.
Speaker 1: If they can get that version of Deshaun Watson, which is just like good enough, they can score on the Giants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's wasn't that a crazy game?
Speaker 3: I mean they score three touchdowns, they don't get any padies and then Washington because Jayden Daniels is getting every third nineteen and running for first downs over and over wins by getting what.
Speaker 1: Eight Sometimes they were just hitting like these like short passes and then running for it, like come on, it's.
Speaker 5: Almost the game directly decided upstairs before the game. One team has a kicker problem. They go sign a kicker. He comes in that week and hits seven field goals. The other teams makes a decision to have the punter kick extra points and field goals. He misses one, and then they pun on that plan literally figuratively, and and it's just all over and they lose the game because because they can't do one or the other.
Speaker 1: I do have something positive to say about the Giants have this Okay, We've been talking on this on the Around the NFL podcast and then now on on NFL Daily that the Giants offensive line has never once been good since I've covered the NFL. Maybe I guess back, you know, and Eli Manning it was great, but I mean in the in the like caught the late Cofughlin to now era, the offensive line has not been their issue the first two weeks. This will be a much tougher test but by the metrics, by the eye test. Actually, they've been quite good through two weeks, and their offense was fine against Washington. Now it was a much, much, much tougher matchup. I don't know if the offense can continue to be Hey, ask on the sideline to Maleak Neighbors, what plays do you like? That's what Brian Dealey do and then and then doing them that'll work against Washington.
Speaker 2: I think you just need more. You need more than just that he's special.
Speaker 5: And then over on the other side, right, because offensive line issues have been a problem for Cleveland as well, who have not had their starting tackles at any point. Aren't they coming back though, haven't even practicing And we'll see. Yeah, I think Jack Conklin Okay, I'm gonna have to say.
Speaker 1: I think they're both back, but Dwan Jones was not, so now we'll see that. I think they're hopeful. Maybe they might get their tackles back this week. Yeah, their original starters.
Speaker 5: I think one thing, and it comes from another game on Monday night where I saw Eagles fans talking about Jaylen losing a step before he had those big rushes, and the difference to me was the decisiveness on that. When Jalen was decisive, he put his foot in the ground and he was getting upfield.
Speaker 4: He was getting a lot of yardage.
Speaker 5: We haven't seen a decisive Deshaun Watson other than like Greg, you mentioned those those scripted players. They get things get in the second half and they get weird. He starts bouncing with the football. Some of that's probably not having the tackles. Some of that is just him regressing as a football player. I think we'll learn something a little bit if they can get those tackles real quick.
Speaker 3: Do you think he's an opportunity? Him and a Marik Cooper have not hit it off so far these first two games. Is this a game where the they foresheet him again early?
Speaker 4: I think this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You're going up against Cordell flat and no known na Joku Dori Jackson knowing Djoku that this this Giants team just isn't isn't very talented, and the defensively, I think they've been left wanty. I think they were hoping to be better defensively and so far they haven't been any better on defense.
Speaker 3: Just don't ask Brian Dable about his job security. Greg, He's gonna tear you down. Well, elite neighbors has job security, Yes he does.
Speaker 5: If we want to be positive about the New York Giants, protect that man at all costs less. One day, the biggest win of the week, like it was this week for the Giants, was celebrating somebody else dropping a football on Monday Night Football, where the entire Giants beat is talking about Saquan.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe they can get something to enjoy out here a little bit.
Speaker 5: Greg, Maybe maybe next game the Denver Broncos at m VP candidate Greg Baker Mayfield the Tampa Bay Buccaneers six and a half point favorites at the big Pirate ship down there in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 4: Greg, you scoff at the idea, I do.
Speaker 5: If they've voted today, would Baker Mayfield not be the most Valuable player in the National Football I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't thought that through. I'm not in favor of MVP talk before week seven. Oh, I'm giving it to Kyler.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 4: I thought it might be Kmara josh Allen. Maybe Kamara Josh Allen.
Speaker 2: Camara would be fun.
Speaker 1: You're right, though, when Baker Mayfield is like the best runner on the team, you know things are going crazy. I yeah, I guess I'll pose this question to you guys, like, do you think Baker is just more athletic now or is he just like on a heater because he actually is. The thing people would get on him for is like he would try to make plays in the pros that he would try to make in college. But it's like, you can't do that in the pros. But the last weeks he kind of has been doing that in the pros.
Speaker 4: Greg, sounds like you're insinuating he's on some special gatorade.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not saying that. I'm saying is he on a hot streaker? Is he legitimately just better that now he can be like creator Baker?
Speaker 3: Hey, look, man's he looks fantastic. His offensive line is playing well. I just think he's having fun and seeing the game better.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: He knows when to use whatever athleticism he has to his advantage. But I just think he's playing with supreme confidence. We know he is a talented player, right, He's a football player too. He's got that in him. He's got something to him and the way his teammates respond to him, that's such a big part in playing that position. Those guys clearly like playing with him and they believe in him. So knowing that your teammates have your back, it's got something he is. He'sn't playing fantastic and this game for Tampa Bay, the six and a half seems a little wide to me, even though they're at.
Speaker 4: Home playing a Denver team. Poor Bo Nicks.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's baptism by fire all these defenses he's had to play, coming off of playing the Steelers, now coming into a game where Todd Bowles is going to show him seventy five different looks, It's going to be a challenge, But I think this is going to be a tighter game at what we expect. When I see this over under at forty, I think that's probably about the perfect spot.
Speaker 5: It's just a question of how many points to the Broncos that offer into that equation. Because we've talked now for two weeks, Greg, Yeah, about the depth of target for bow Knicks. The weird NFL prost that came up to me. He has the deepest dropback depth in the NFL right now. He's nine point one yards behind the line of scrimmage. And so you take Bo Nix's difficulty getting the ball down the field and make the fact that he's he's actually even throwing the ball farther does he.
Speaker 4: Have a negative plus minus?
Speaker 2: It's right well, and that puts your tackles in a bad spot.
Speaker 4: Hate it now.
Speaker 1: Garrett Bowles is coming off of an injury and hasn't maybe been at his normal form, and they they lost Mike McGlinchey.
Speaker 2: He is out I believe about a month their right tackle.
Speaker 1: And yeah, you do wonder if Sean Payton just doesn't have it anymore, because the one thing you always knew about Sean Payton teams is they were going to block better than you expect they were, and they were gonna have a running game. That was always a secret sauce. And actually the Broncos last year I thought did that Like you wouldn't have thought they would have been a good offensive line.
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 1: This couple weeks, they've they've looked a little broken and maybe maybe that's Nicks. But this is a tricky matchup because of the scheme. On the other hand, Klijah Kansi has been out for the last couple of weeks. Vita Vea's out of practice Wednesday, We've talked about Winfield. They're shorthanded in the secondary, so there are a lot of injuries for the Bucks who are getting great play by the way by Zion McCollums.
Speaker 2: So that's good internal scouting. You trade away Carlton Davis.
Speaker 1: People were like, really you're gonna start Zion McCollum, and he's looked really good.
Speaker 3: Well again and Todd Bowles he gets off the bus blitzing. I mean that that whole expression. Bo Nix's going to see a lot of looks. Now, something Sean Payton is unfamiliar with. With Bowennix taking that deep drop. Maybe Drew Brees did it, but the one thing Drew Brees did would climb the pocket six yards. I mean that might be something Bowenix has to do because Sean Payton would build his offensive lines guard center guard instead of with the tackles, and that's something they've just got to get better at.
Speaker 1: I want to continue this Baker talk at some point, because yeah, it did start.
Speaker 4: He's not on the island either.
Speaker 1: Started to occur to me though, is he gonna he is trending towards more of a Jared Goff type career than like a Jacoby Brissette type of career and I'm dangerous, that's right. I Mean, he got a nice contract, but he kind of got the he kind of got the geno in between this first contract. But if he's really Jared Goff and having that kind of career like after this year or the next like and then he gets another big, one fifty three million year, we will we will see. Also keep an eye on Patrick Certan, who has traveled with the teams opposing best wide receiver in both games against Mike Evans. That's a fun matchup. This Broncos team has been blitzing like crazy. Actually more than the Bucks, more than any team in the NFL. The Broncos have been blitzing. We will take one final break, and yes we'll talk about the NFC champions from a few years ago and last year and the AFC champions from a few years ago ago. Back on NFL Daily, starting with a NFC West game. That was the NFC championship a few years back, and we thought maybe it'd be a potential one this year. Meanwhile, on Wednesday's NFL Daily, Jordan rod Rieg of The Athletic our Friend was saying, yeah, the real battle might be with the Cardinals and the Seahawks in this division that's getting a little over our skis. I think when it comes to the forty nine, I.
Speaker 5: Don't know that it is Greg Wow, everybody's getting hurt this right, game is between two teams who are dealing with the litton any of injuries. Yes, it is the San Francisco forty nine Ers who are a seven point favorite at SOFI Stadium against the Los Angeles Rams. Gonna be a Fox game with Adam I Mean and Mark Sanchez on the call. The Rams decimated by injuries, Steve, they could not stay on the field with the Arizona Cardinals last week. And over on the other side, this is a forty nine Ers team that without Deebo Samuel takes a significant drop off.
Speaker 3: I see he seems a significant drop off. This is the Brandon Ayuk breakthrough game, right. Brandon Ayuk's been quiet the first two weeks. This is his game because the Rams defense is battered, right, we talk about energies on both sides of the ball. They you know, in the secondary, they're banged up. They're not getting a ton of pass rush. I think this is where Ayuk really gets his Jordan Mason's gonna continue to run the ball. I think the offense, yes, you're gonna miss Deebo Shami. You can scheme up everything you want, but just this is personnel personnel, and I think that's where you know, the forty nine ers are defense's best. And then defensively for the forty nine Ers, this is where they could eat. I mean, Matthew Stafford, he's going to be feeling it. Bosa Floyd and you talked about your MVP, we talk about Baker. Maybe, Fred Warner and Max Crosby to me have been playing better than any players in the NFL.
Speaker 4: I just can't see how the Rams are going to get to the end zone.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: It's hard to imagine Fred Warner improving because I think he's on a Hall of Fame trajectory, and yet he seems to be at another level these last two games.
Speaker 2: Is as good as a linebacker can play.
Speaker 1: That's the thing with the forty nine ers, like, yes, they're missing really important pieces that they probably can't get to where they want to go without having most of them back. On the other hand, they still have more talent than I would say twenty seven teams in the league with the talent that is remaining on both sides.
Speaker 2: Compare that to the Rams, where.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're twenty eighth in DVOA right now, twenty ninth in defense, where the defense really hasn't been that injured. I know they lost John Johnson their safety week, but most of those, almost all the injuries has been on the offensive side of the football, where they're just decimated and they're just not they're not good enough. They do get Alec Jackson back from suspension, who's their left tackle, But it's kind of an organizational gut check type of game because that was embarrassing a week ago. It's your home opener against your biggest rival. I tend to think that they're going to show up in this game and give it a great effort and a representative game where it's going to be a close game. These games, even when the Rams were really bad a couple of years ago, early in the season when they were struggling, they showed up for these forty nine ers games and made them close.
Speaker 2: Then they would lose. But I have a feeling that that will happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're making it close and lose part plays into it.
Speaker 5: It's just very because I'm looking at last season with him, without Cooper Cup, Matthew Stafford's pass or numbers rating wise drop twenty three points. You take a cup off the field, that happens instantaneously. Now they have to do it with no Cup and no Puka. With all the issues that they're facing up front on the offensive line, the defense is worse. Other than some promising guys up front.
Speaker 1: To believe it, I just you say, by the way Ayuk season, I say, Juwan Jennings season, boom sticks.
Speaker 3: And we know this is also going to be a road game for the Rams, even though they're playing it so far, there will be fifty thousand Niners fans in that stadium. They take over stadiums, and especially.
Speaker 1: So far, it's it's it has potential to get dark fast, and it makes you wonder bigger questions about this This Rams team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is real interesting.
Speaker 1: When they get we will see We'll see.
Speaker 5: In defensive because I know people here ste'se point, which is true. Uh didn't have football here in Los Angeles tract for a very long time. San Francisco was good for a very long time. There are a lot of Rams, There are a lot of Niners fans that don't have to travel, right they live, they live down the street.
Speaker 4: They just walk up to the game like the home team.
Speaker 3: Let's take the next closest team while an Explosia team because its Charger with Shan Diego list follow forty nine ers and that's what they've done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a rough spot for some fans for a long time. Speaking of fans who were in a rough spot for a very long time, the Washington Commanders and the second Monday night football game coming up. Joe Bucken Troy Aikman will be on that game. Are seven and a half point dogs at the winless Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Talk about disrespect struggled early.
Speaker 4: On in the season. Come on, is what did Jayden and company have to do? Greg?
Speaker 1: Get some And yet I this will not be one of my three games that I pick Man versus Model Me versus Cynthia that that show is going to go up a Friday afternoon. But if I had to choose this one and this little preview for our show on NFL Network Game to View, I would take the Bengals still to win by like ten, because they need this so bad and I do think they're that much better that The one route that the Commanders have is that their backfield of Brian Robbinson and Ekeeler have been one of my most pleasant surprises of the entire season. Cliff Kingsbury's always been able to scheme up a run game. I think that's his biggest strength in the NFL and has gotten his offensive lines to play pretty cohesive at the NFL level. And they're playing well, but I'm giving more credit to the running backs. So they're breaking tackles, they're making moves. I have never seen Brian Robinson play this well. He's been outstanding. And Ekeler looks like twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ely.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting him back into twenty twenty, but I'm putting him back into twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Two when he was still a very effective player.
Speaker 3: They're getting them in space and that's, you know, one of the reasons what they're going to break the first tackle, break or shake them, and that's one thing that they have they've been able to do. And jayde Yana is gonna but he's gonna be running right, you know. Sam Hubberd and Trey Henderson are going to be putting some pressure I.
Speaker 1: Just tucked myself out of it because the Bengals run defense has been terrible and they lost bj Hill and they lost who else sh Sheldon Rankins up front.
Speaker 4: Sheldon Rankings up front. That's a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a recipe for a close game out least.
Speaker 4: That's and that's a lot of those linebackers.
Speaker 3: I mean, Pratt and Wilson are fantastic, hyper athletic, not the bigger, biggest guys, but they can run. But with those running backs and Jayden Daniels, you know, we'll see if Cliff can go against his instincts and not throw it thirty five times. But yeah, to me, that seven and a half number looks wide. I get it, but they are zero and two. There's some things going on in Cincinnati that aren't quite right. Well, you guys mentioned it.
Speaker 5: The third most rushing yards between the tackles this season and given up. Yeah, and here comes Brian Robinson junior. Jayden's gotten rid of the ball very quickly this season. In terms of time to throw. He's leading the entire NFL in time to throw.
Speaker 1: Now, that's that's because he only throws the ball yards behind the line of scribbing.
Speaker 5: We gotta get Terry, gotta get Diami Brown. We got to get them deeper down the field, get him into some routes and keep Jayden safe because this Bengals defense is built to defend the pass yep but if if Jayden wants to go yolo, as he is wont to do, I think seven and a half is too many points. I think the Commanders can move the ball and shortened the game because at a certain point, all love to Benjamin Saint ju Just and everybody in that secondary for Washington if it doesn't work with Dan Quinn to the extent that it's not working now, I'm having difficulty picturing this group in the secondary, like getting significant time in another spot.
Speaker 4: They are not good right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, their corners that they're having a hard time figure out what to do with their corners they're not getting.
Speaker 1: Might be the worst of the league. Te Higgins might be coming back in that spot, that's the recipe, right, Jamar.
Speaker 3: Chase might not be getting unsportsman like type penalties for not getting the ball and things like that.
Speaker 1: And look, I think the Bengals should have won that game in kansasaity that's just because of the penalty call, But just in terms of game flow and the drives, they look like it wasn't by a ton, but they look like the better team to me in that game. And Joe Burrow, who had that rough Week one, looked a lot better. Yes, looked a lot more like Joe Burrow. So now you potentially get Higgins back and you're looking at these cornerbacks that look like barbecue chicken, and I think it's I think it's coming. I mean, I think the big offensive day is coming for this Bengals team.
Speaker 5: And also in defense of Jamar Chays, yeah, he can't see what's happening in that interaction with the tackle. He feels the defender grabbing the towards the shoulder in the back and landing on his knee.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that he was off on that.
Speaker 4: He was calling for a.
Speaker 5: Horse tackle because in his body and his experience, he felt like that's what happened.
Speaker 4: He's like, son, are you trying to hurt me?
Speaker 3: I don't have my money yet, and that insurance company that fifteen million might take a couple months exactly, so do not put me on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Just a little injury note before we go. The Cowboys listed Ceedee Lamb and Trevon Diggs as not practicing on Wednesday, so we'll monitor that throughout the week, but they both did finish last week's game, which is usually a good sign. Thanks for watching NFL daily. Just a treat for you guys to have you here in the studio.
Speaker 2: We will be here.
Speaker 1: Every single Thursday morning in your ears, previewing every game.
Speaker 2: And of course we're gonna be with you Thursday night.
Speaker 1: I got my old friend Dave Damashek, Hey, fella join me for Thursday night recap Jets Patriots. We're gonna be live on YouTube, so come about ten minutes after the game, we'll recap it.
Speaker 4: See that