Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one O engine with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. What a doozy. I guess it's a doozy of an episode.
Speaker 2: So can I throw something out to you? Just right out the gate?
Speaker 1: Hi, welcome, everyone, here comes Amy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought this had the potential to be a ten out of ten episode, but it faltered and I'm coming in at a seven. I have like it should have been today, but instead it was like messy MESSI wan messy MESSI want wat And so I've been reading all the comments. People feel strongly. They agree that season eight is rough, but a lot of people say season nine and ten come back strong, which cool. Good. Sorry it looked like crazy today too, like.
Speaker 1: A look crazy? I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm like back lit. I looked, Uh, that's whatever? Whatever? Giving up?
Speaker 1: Wait you guys, Okay, so let's just fill them in. We are talking, talking, talking about law and disorder. Law and Disorder, episode good title two of season eight. Everybody's favorite, and give me the storyline.
Speaker 2: Oh, I need someone to text it to me. But while they do that, I have exciting news that Lindsay Price wants to come on and we're working on scheduling it, which I love that she jumped right. You know, she's so nice. She was just like yes, and uh, they're finally giving her like morsels to do. It's like, oh, you see the future. Do you know what I mean? You see the future? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, run down me, run down me.
Speaker 2: Valeries in court and her character is called into question. Noah's vindicated when his brother makes a roofie confession. Kelly, David, and Brandon are called to the stand. David's career takes off, but without Jasper's. Noah shows up to Donna's front door, but omg, she's overdosed and is lying on the floor.
Speaker 1: Lorraine, okay, everybody, excellent.
Speaker 2: That was That was really one of your one of your best.
Speaker 1: Makes that so fun?
Speaker 2: Where do we be? Said?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Where do we begin? You know what I also thought about. I thought a lot about this episode. You know. One of the other reasons the fashion is meth I actually tried to be like, can I get excited about the fashion?
Speaker 1: It's very dark, it's very you know who had something bright on?
Speaker 2: Was?
Speaker 1: Lindsay was oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it still was met The only outfit I actually liked. Weirdly was Valerie's court outfit the black.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, yeah, everybody looked streamline at the court. This was directed by Kevin Inch and written by Doug Steinberg. Just so y'all know, do we first want to just give a little condolences to one of our supporting cast members that passed away.
Speaker 2: Who was he?
Speaker 1: James Handy?
Speaker 2: No, I know, but who did he play? I mean, he played.
Speaker 1: Tom Rose in He played Tom Rose in Season five, the two part finale ps I Love You Part one and two. I don't know what character that was.
Speaker 2: That's what I need to remember because he's so familiar. Lorraine, can you jump in, Lorraine, jump in and remind us?
Speaker 3: Okay, So he was in the Palm Springs the two part finale when you guys went to Palm Springs and he was the wealthy mob guy businessman.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this is when Dylan was in it. Yep, in the gondola thing when they were in the Remember when they got in that.
Speaker 1: Cup like the rough guy for Tony's dad.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's terrible. There was a whister.
Speaker 1: It's you guys. This is crazy, terrible stuff that happens in the world. You don't see coming, and then you're like what, why? How?
Speaker 2: And you know him from everything, like literally from.
Speaker 1: Everything and around and he's a longtime actor, character actor. We're very sorry for his family. To his family, just terrible.
Speaker 2: And in an awkward pivot, I will awkwardly pivot to another actor that really is in this right from the jump, yea, Chris Pine's dad my favorite from Chips, Sergeant Gatrard. I think that's how say it, Gertrard. I can't say the name Girtrard. It's a hard name to say. His Chips character, but that's Chris Pine's dad playing Valerie's attorney.
Speaker 1: Robert Pine, Yeah, who works endlessly, endlessly, but he was so good in the as the like head dude on Chips.
Speaker 2: He really was great on Chips. I know, I love Chips. That's so like our era. Yeah, it's just immediate d And I could just see Eric Estrada like roller skating around something.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should go after a troop's rewatch because I know the I know the female. I know the woman that plays the female cop.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but like one badass lady.
Speaker 1: That is my ex husband's girlfriend's mother.
Speaker 2: I have the weirdest memory that someone I knows mom. I don't even know if that's proper grammar. Someone I knows that's not how you say it. But someone I know her mom was her stunt double. But I feel like maybe we made that up. I'm gonna find that out.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fun to make up.
Speaker 2: It's so random and it feels right.
Speaker 1: You can get you right in there with Eric Estrata. So John just throw.
Speaker 2: Pauncha John and remember when John had a contract negotiation and then there was like someone's brother filled in or somebody's mother, random and his brother, these two cute blondes. Anyway, Chips, I think Brady Bunch is more up our alley.
Speaker 1: Wait, do you want to talk just like one trivia thing about this episode? Yes, Donna's cubicle photos. I know you need.
Speaker 2: To talk about this. I rewound rewind so many times, so many times. Whose dog is that? I don't know. There's just this dog, dog dog dog dog.
Speaker 1: Crop guy's dog. Like they just get random pictures. They know you're not going to really see them.
Speaker 2: But I wanted to zoom in. We need to put it on.
Speaker 1: You couldn't show them in back then.
Speaker 2: I guess that's true. You really couldn't.
Speaker 1: You'd have to notice, you'd have to go up to the TV with a like a with.
Speaker 2: A magnifying glass. That'd be the only way to zoom in. There's just dog. There's like a picture of you and Tory, and like somebody that I can't tell who it is, another blonde And also like, why would you have pictures of Steve Sanders, like with a dog in your cubicle?
Speaker 1: A dog I've never seen AnyWho that that's the truth.
Speaker 2: Also, there was an uncomforts puff Daddy joke.
Speaker 1: Wait when I didn't hear it.
Speaker 2: Valerie's talking to David when he's fake winning his Grammy in the bathroom, and she says something like, okay, puff Daddy, Oh I did not age well.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, so many things like that in the show. Like that, I mean, in general, the show has held its own for thirty eight almost forty years, but there are a lot of little moments where you're like, oh.
Speaker 2: I was at a memorial on Friday last Friday and someone came up to me and said, oh, I love you on MG.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, yeah, who they love you, Amy, they love you.
Speaker 2: Somebody was so nice, but I was just like, I forget people listen. Sometimes I think it's just you and me.
Speaker 1: I know. That's the thing, Like we get so comfortable doing this that it is an actual real conversation, and who really knows what we're going to talk.
Speaker 2: We don't know what we're saying half the time. And then I definitely don't know what I look like because anyone that might poke at the Instagram today.
Speaker 1: Prepared to be Let's start in court. Let's start in court. Okay, So Valerie has her big day in court so fast, by the way, this court system in LA, thank you so much for to get it all in there.
Speaker 2: Literally five seconds. The case is ready, the court, the case.
Speaker 1: Is prep She's hired this lawyer guy. I mean, maybe we jumped a bunch of time, but I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Was there a jury, by the way, was there a jury?
Speaker 1: I didn't see them?
Speaker 2: Or was it a judge?
Speaker 1: Yeah, judge, there was a jury. Oh there was a jury.
Speaker 2: First of all, this isn't even a criminal trial.
Speaker 1: It's like anyway, you guys, I just have to tell you my life. I just flew in. I don't even know when. I don't know where I am right now I had to watch this on one and a half speed because I took my mom to the doctors. Like, yeah, so there's a few things I.
Speaker 2: Meet any that causes it's just well, I watched it, and I watched it like twice because there was so many things. I kept rewinding because I'm like, wait, did I catch that right?
Speaker 1: I love court scenes. I think that I love the court scenes for selfish reasons because you just sit there and you don't have to talk. Like everybody loves a court day, oh actor, you don't have to be there for most of it and you just pop in for your close up on the pew on the bench.
Speaker 2: I love the bts here, So do stand in sit there most of the time and you only have to be there for like when you're coverages or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or like maybe when they're seeing you behind the coverage of someone else.
Speaker 2: There's so much to talk about. Because here's my problem with Valerie. So she isn't lying this time right in that she does think she was roofied. Fact, she thinks it was no She did sleep with Noah. She isn't lying, but she's lie. This is my problem with her is that she doesn't have any self awareness. She's lied and schemed and connived and done terrible things so many times. But the butt hurtness she has by everyone not believing her, and the utter shock and dismay that these so called friends don't believe her. How is she not like, well, I guess if you lie twenty thousand times, the one.
Speaker 1: Time you don't, yeah, you lose track of your lies.
Speaker 2: That's my like rub with how they crafted this character.
Speaker 1: Right, they make her unredeemable, then they try to redeem her, and then they make her unredeemable, and then they no, we're just not falling for it.
Speaker 2: And I've been like trying to think about like Joan Collins as Alexis on Dynasty, and why she isn't irritating. She's like totally evil.
Speaker 1: And she's just bad to the bone, no exception.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they're not trying to redeem her. I think the mistake here is that they keep it's just this whiplash, and also the self righteousness where she's like, yeah, you guys aren't my friends. Well, no, we're not your friends. Think of the list of terrible things you've done.
Speaker 1: But then in the next moment they're friends. Like she did did you catch the one thing where she comes in and says, oh, welcome to my so called life. Was that show? Anya?
Speaker 2: Was that? Yes? I think it was. Yes, I think I caught that. And also I'm even a little mad at Kelly because you go over and you're like, well, I do believe you.
Speaker 1: Why does she apply like I don't get it. I don't because the scene before that, she's ready to break up with Brandon over it because they you know, he says, we're not ready for this, are we, because they're arguing over Valerie. And then the next like she sits and listens to that guy's like, okay, Noah's brother when he was on the stand, he was telling the truth. Because now even I'm getting confused.
Speaker 2: No, he's the roof heer.
Speaker 1: But he didn't lie on stand. He just said what he saw, how well.
Speaker 2: He did, and that he said I don't know who put it in her drink, but he does.
Speaker 1: Know why he didn't. Okay, So based on his liar, you know, testimonial there, Kelly then goes out of her way to say, I want to apologize. I believe you.
Speaker 2: Now my thing is I guess if you Okay, this is what I'm thinking about is if someone does ten crimes but then they didn't do the eleventh, Are you like, you know what, I'm your friend?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean because she's she has to admit to all the things of fake pregnancy, the blackmail, the illegal gambling, all the things. I just why is anyone friends and then admits that she wanted to be with him because he had money.
Speaker 2: She deserved to win, because she was rubey feet. It was just the wrong guy defendant. I suppose sort of because I don't like, maybe he took advantage of her. I don't know. That's all messy and complicated, but she doesn't deserve friends just because one time she told the truth.
Speaker 1: What do you think about this line that David said? He said to the gang Brandon, Kelly, and Steve, who are there and I don't think Donna was in that scene. He said, you're either with her or you're against her.
Speaker 2: We're against her.
Speaker 1: But is that like, is that a statement that you can really So.
Speaker 2: What they were trying to do was say we kind of believe her, we kind of don't. They were sort of like, yeah, what's that called when you're like trying to be on both sides? So his point is correct. You're either with her or you're against her. You can't be both. Okay, fine, correct, but I can be with her on this and still totally against her on the thousand other.
Speaker 1: Things, right, because you don't believe her anymore.
Speaker 2: I think she was definitely a victim in this particular situation. She's also terrible in every other situation.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever she wins the civil trial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know if she still gets the money now that we know it wasn't Noah, that it was Michael Trucco, who's coming on. Also, by the way, can't we wait know.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Will she get the money? Will Noah be vindicated? And oh not the is that the word vindicated?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I feel like Noah is good now because he came over. We tied it up with a little bow so fast. He came over, tells the truth Donna found which.
Speaker 1: Donna, Wait, we're not there yet, Do not do me stay on board.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go with We'll go with David and Silver First and his Porsche and his prel shampoo.
Speaker 1: No, finish your sentence. I can't my brain.
Speaker 2: So Noah comes over, knock knock knock. We let him in. Hi ahah yeah, you can come in. And he says it was my brother, and I'm going to stand by you and I'll testify, do whatever you need. So now I think he's he's fine now, good guy, He's all fine. He's still cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater.
Speaker 1: Not a good guy. Okay, I'm so confusing. It's like it's crazy. Wait, can we talk about David now? David is whilst he's supporting his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: I guess there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now he's getting this well, first of all, there's good. There's a new mustache in town and a new sound for his band, which is not going to be his band anymore. It's going to just be a solo act. I mean, did you like the mustache? Let's talk about that, because it's is this.
Speaker 2: The new record label guy or or David David weird?
Speaker 1: I feel as if I would have noticed this last week.
Speaker 2: It's just strangely light facial.
Speaker 1: Hairs, strangely skinny. Yeah, just skinny, right, it's on his liip line, skinny little.
Speaker 2: I think that the whole storyline is a little bit crazy.
Speaker 1: Wait, you think that it's crazy that David's going to break out and be his own artist.
Speaker 2: I just think it's so Johnny Bravo. You don't think it's just like you fit the suit. Like here comes this new label guy. Oh, we don't want the band, we only want you. Oh, just record this track, roll this on DAT. By the way, I was like, dat. I haven't heard the word dat in a thousand years. Remember that, Like it's on a DAT tape.
Speaker 1: But is Jasper history now?
Speaker 2: I don't remember. And then Jasper comes, they have this sort of nice exchange. David says he's going to fix everything, and then the Porsche showed up, and it's just like that's how he fixed it. He bought himself a new car, got a Porsche for a week from the label. It's just so dumb.
Speaker 1: I mean I'd take it for a week.
Speaker 2: Well for sure.
Speaker 1: But also if somebody came to you and said put yourself in his position and said they said, like, we're not really feeling the band, but we really want to work with you, and so you have this new opportunity and it could lead to this huge thing.
Speaker 2: I think Jasper's beef was that he was stealing their songs or something, because he recorded on DAT that one song that wasn't his. I don't know, some drama and Jasper he was right, the Jasper stormed off. I don't know. The whole thing is just like.
Speaker 1: Still he leave the band and do his solo thing.
Speaker 2: I don't remember what happens.
Speaker 1: Would you leave the band and do your solo thing if you had the same opportunity.
Speaker 2: Like when Lionel Richie left the Commodore.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, yeah, just like that.
Speaker 2: Let me give everybody a really current reference. I just want to give everyone just a real current reference, like when Lionel Richie left the Commodores. I get it, right, I get it. Let me think of another good example. Oh, Natalie Merchant and the ten thousand Maniacs. I think at one point she had to leave those maniacs behind. I get an, I get it. But it's messy.
Speaker 1: It's messy. But would you do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But I would do it right. That's the thing. I would do it right. I would say, Jasper, this is what happened. I'm so sorry. If you were in my position, you probably would do the same thing. I don't blame you. Let's see what happens. Maybe there's a world where we all work together. Again, I don't know. There's ways of handling it. Yeah, It's like if you were up for a Let's say you and I don't know, I'm making this up. Let's say you and your daughter are gonna do a lifetime movie about being in your family. I'm making this up. And then they're like, you know what, Jenny, you're great, but your daughter just doesn't have the chops yet. That could happen and you're like, you know what, kid, mama's gotta do the movie anyway, or vice versa. Maybe that's even better. Maybe your kid's a bad example. Don't do the kid bad example. Ignore, but like you and I, you and I are going to write the podcast movie right, and they're like, Amy, you're just not as good of an actor. Jenny has to do it without you. You could be like, hey, we'll still work together, or I'm gonna give you credit or whatever.
Speaker 1: There's always ways, ways, there's ways.
Speaker 2: These are bad examples. But I tried, Sarah Bard, I tried so hard. So Lionel Richie left the Commodores.
Speaker 1: So good, so good. Well, I'm anxious to see what his new mustache is going to do in the next episode with his big music career. I'm for it.
Speaker 2: I think like four music career, you really I want to bop.
Speaker 1: Around to that though, But here's what I'm confused with. Though he was in the mirror practicing his acceptance speech for now that was gonna So he's like, power to the What did he say something about thanks to the poulation, Yeah, making this happen. And then he pretends like he's talking to Mick, So I'm assuming that the Jagger and then two people who are nowhere near the hip hop nation music, It's like, wait.
Speaker 2: They couldn't think of a hippo persons gave me so much secondhand cringe, Like, I don't even know how he did that scene he did it with the prel literally looked green. Maybe it was garnier fruit teas. I'm not sure, but it was just like and Valerie watching and then that was sort of actually kind of cute. She's fighting with everybody in this episode. I mean, oh, but.
Speaker 1: He's really being a good guy and sticking by her side. So let's see what happens with that. Okay, Hey, Donna, Donna, Donna.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where to begin. I don't know where to begin with the sort of what is happening.
Speaker 1: Why does her boss thinks she's incompetent, Like he keeps saying, right.
Speaker 2: It's just like so weird when she keeps crushing it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess he's just trying to support her, but I guess, like.
Speaker 2: She stole the designs, which was just so.
Speaker 1: Troping the evil. Now she's the evil man evil.
Speaker 2: She's evil. She's like, it's not like it's a little off, the whole thing and the whole going to the dad, and then the dad just dumping pills in a bottle. I'm like, I don't think he's doing that, Like this is so weird. Second of all, you still have to go to the CBS to get your pills. They don't keep them at the doctor's office. I've never been to a doctor's office where they just give it to you there.
Speaker 1: Do you well, maybe this was happening in the nineties at a free cleaning. Maybe they got pills.
Speaker 2: She's trying to open the thing with a nail file, like no.
Speaker 1: It just happened to be like a perfect like long daggered nil.
Speaker 2: And then she's like slipt it into her purse, and I remember she's already stolen pills from the same doctor's office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's going back to the well. Something bad's gonna happen. And I was thinking, like, she's never okay. She goes to the pharmacy, she can't get her pills there because the guy's got to go to his birthday.
Speaker 2: She loses her.
Speaker 1: The end of the show is her holding a pill bottle on her head. I was so like, why that position? First of all, why would they go out in that position? The second of all, was like, I'm never like all the I was watching a thing. She doesn't look like she has a problem. Then all of a sudden, she looked haggard, like she looked like I wanted her to look because she has an addiction problem. Is really struggling, like, she looked tired, her hair wasn't great. Finally it looks There's some.
Speaker 2: Weird close ups where she's like supposed to be menacing and feeling guilty at the same time, and the scurrying through the suitcase.
Speaker 1: I mean, she was giving it her all, God bless her, like she was doing her job.
Speaker 2: She really was. I feel like Tori was giving it everything, but I feel like someone wasn't helping her. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the someone is Kelly Taylor.
Speaker 2: Like she or the director like it was just like definitely.
Speaker 1: But like wouldn't Kelly notice and be She's so like experienced in this world with all her addiction her mom.
Speaker 2: Dad, who's like a world renowned doctor. He's not just gonna be like, let me give you eight more pills. And then she did you see she took him into a handful.
Speaker 1: Like it was just like, yeah, she did think three or four.
Speaker 2: Although I thought Noah, whoever plays Noah did great acting there at the end.
Speaker 1: What do you mean whoever plays Noah.
Speaker 2: Names out of my head?
Speaker 1: Okay, what is his name? Vince? I think Vince, Yeah, Vince. Uh.
Speaker 2: He did good acting at the end. It's splotchy. Here's this episode splotchy. There's some really great things and then some real.
Speaker 1: Good gosh yeah. And then when she's going through hoosey Butt's luggage to find the meds that she desperately needs, she comes across a giant I thought it was a chocolate bar at first, but it's a giant box of row Hip Nol with his name on it.
Speaker 2: It's just so bonkers because at first she's like, I need these pills. I need this. And then she's like, and by the way, I caught your hypnol, Like it was just like I mean that I all bought because she's out of her mind at this point and all that.
Speaker 1: But but is that was real hypnoal ever prescribed for someone that has sleep.
Speaker 2: I don't know he had some sort of like reason why he had his Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: First of all, I just I don't know. It just was so big. It looked like a Hershey's crunch bar.
Speaker 2: So it's just very.
Speaker 1: But thank god Donna un covered the mystery. Now everybody can go back to my problem too.
Speaker 2: Like I wish there would have been a different way, Like I wish that would have come out with like Noah and the brother having some sort of a fight and then he's like, well I did it, you know, and then you're like, but like, instead, this was.
Speaker 1: Just so swirly and like, I'm sorry, I was disappointed.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie like I was like into it and disappointed at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then everything kind of like you said, wraps up with the bow. VAL's got her gang of.
Speaker 2: Friends back, Yeah, and now they're all best friends.
Speaker 1: I'm just hoping that this storyline is Oh the.
Speaker 2: I think it is. I mean no, because I know what's coming, Jessica Alba's coming. And then there's like a baby and you are yeah, you've got a major part in the whole baby thing.
Speaker 1: And then oh, it's like shoot, oh this is exciting. Yeah, I think that's it's a.
Speaker 2: Pretty big storyline coming. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, next week we have episode twenty three of season eight, which is making amends.
Speaker 2: Oh sounds like noahen Valerie. Well, and is Donna just gonna be recovered in one episode?
Speaker 1: Props?
Speaker 2: How about that we've never fully seen the rug before. I was like the hodgepodginess of that living room with the cowhide. So there's the cow hide, yeah, because Donna is laying on it. So you're finally seeing that living room from the other angle, because normally we see it when everyone's in the couch with all the floral and then the cowhide and then there's this rug that's just very not really of the vibe. I was like, I think there's a coffee table, you know what.
Speaker 1: I do love about it? Like I guess people when they were watching it thought, wow, this is like Beverly Hill's furnishing. This style is so cool these two.
Speaker 2: I was literally like, can I have this apartment.
Speaker 1: So much back then now? But but as you look at it now, you're like, nothing goes with anything. So I kind of always thought, and I also love because this is two girls.
Speaker 2: They're not right and it's and they're like right, they don't have tons of money, so they're getting there. You know that's missus Martin's old rug. You know that that we put with the killer right exactly. So I did see the room from another angle.
Speaker 1: But thank goodness, Noah comes and saves her and kicks through the window. Oh the Doris.
Speaker 2: Sively broke the thing. I was like, oh, well, thank god, maybe this is how they'll reunite. I find this to be a ten to seven at the same time.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'll accept that. I want to give it a good old six.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa low marks.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like I'm like, yeah, good loops.
Speaker 2: Low marks, and I'm gonna get a light so that I don't look crezy.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that this was an exceptionally good episode.
Speaker 2: That you gave us six to.
Speaker 1: It was like it felt like filler some for some reason. To me, it felt unfulfilled.
Speaker 2: To me, it felt like here comes our crescendo and like the orchestra band leader went to the bathroom. God, my analogies are like really.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, little Richie now yeah, God wow.
Speaker 2: It just feels like this is gonna be the big one. Too much and also too male heavy. Can I say that we only have just before we go? I know, we have like two minutes you Donna, maybe a dabble of Lindsey, But we've got Brandon, We've got David, We've got Jasper, We've got Michael Trucco, We've got Steve, We've got Noah. It's like so I'm like, maybe that's the other thing that I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, well, I mean there's a dominantly male producing and writing team. Let's just say, yeah, we got a lot of men. Yeah, I mean there were a few women. God bless something that way. We could use some more like a female energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like some things, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If we could go back and fix it.
Speaker 2: There's so many changes that you could make this thing so good.
Speaker 1: What if we could go back and fix it and then we just messed it up entirely, like to the point where no one watched.
Speaker 2: Well, right, exactly, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were geniuses. They were building the best shows.
Speaker 2: Think about Melrose Place.
Speaker 1: What do we say?
Speaker 2: Same chaos is happening at Melrose Place where you're like, wait, what, who's baby? What takes her hair off? You know the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Good time, it's spelling nighttime TV.
Speaker 2: What are you watching right now? Are you binging anything or watching? I hate that? What are you binging?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: So lam just what are your bag of chips? I'm binging? I'm watching this Mystic Bay? Is that the show?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Will Wow Willow's Bay, Widow Bay Whitter? But yeah, maybe I don't know. It's about a haunted island.
Speaker 3: Wi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that lead actress. He's captivating. I love him.
Speaker 2: I'm watching Kate Fear.
Speaker 1: Oh that just came out. Okay, that's that's next on my list. But also watching still haven't gotten through the end of the Age of whatever the show is about? The age difference dating reality show you're watching that, I'm watching it. It's a Nick Via album.
Speaker 2: Yes, not for nick I understand, but if you would have given me one, I.
Speaker 1: Get why you're watching it because I'm old at n dating the younger.
Speaker 2: Correct, But if you would have given me one thousand guesses, I would not have guessed you would watch I didn't even know you watched reality shows.
Speaker 1: Just once in a while. We'll get one of them in just how do you like it? In our groove and then be like, I gotta see what happens.
Speaker 2: It's got a season two pickup.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, well, I'm probably the reason me.
Speaker 2: You really pushed that one Netflix.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's what I'm gonna watch right now. But I'm going to move on to Cape Fear.
Speaker 2: It's good, it's good, it's good. You gotta do off campus too, Like everybody else.
Speaker 1: In the world, what's off campus?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Jenny, everybody knows about this, and I know everybody in America knows about off campus. It's number one on Amazon Prime, right, Okay.
Speaker 1: I think you're just making a general broad statement.
Speaker 2: It's like the cut in American College and and sort of the smart girl gets the honky guy, but it's really faked to get the other hunky guy.
Speaker 1: Never heard of this.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh my gosh, it's so it's it's really.
Speaker 1: Really really is it like supposed to be? Like the summer I turned pretty kind of.
Speaker 2: It's kind of of that era. It's sort of like teen television that adults are watching.
Speaker 1: Hmm, curious where they got that idea. There is so many now I love it.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so funny. It is the nine O two one oher of now it literally is it literally is well, kids got to watch TV too, and fun fact, I've told this on a bunch of shows. The main girl's mom.
Speaker 1: I grew up with her, the main girl's mom on no in real life.
Speaker 2: So Ella Bride's mom, I grew up with her, went to middle school. I know that.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for you. That means nothing to me. Why that's so like what I've never I don't even know this show existed until.
Speaker 2: You know what everybody listening knows and they're like, oh, that's funny. Amy knows Ella Bright's mom.
Speaker 1: Can anyone please comment and let me know that they don't they don't know about this, shope because it make me.
Speaker 2: Fun nobody let's even get one?
Speaker 1: Well, would I would take one?
Speaker 2: What's going on on your cute cup?
Speaker 1: But this is an Eagles mug?
Speaker 2: Oh that's your team, that's right? Yeah, Happy uh birthday to your husband.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, my husband turned forty five, saying god, oh my god. He's like I've been waiting for him to get old forever, not happening. The problem is I get older and then he gets old, like it's like forty five.
Speaker 2: He's like a JBB.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: So when you were driving, he was going to second grade. That's what I love. I think I'm gonna do that too. I think I'm gonna I'm gonna date younger, do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's more fun. And also nobody cares. I've gotta get better lighting and then I will lose carry around a ring light with you all the time. But Dave is you know, he's grown into an incredible man.
Speaker 2: So oh, I love your husband. He's the best. Has he been wearing the sweatshirt I gave him?
Speaker 1: Sure, it's got a bleach stain on it. Sorry, he works.
Speaker 2: That's fine. That just makes it look vintage. I love you. What else should we talk about? I think you have to go somewhere.
Speaker 3: I have to go.
Speaker 1: I'm going to record Valerie Burton Nellie's Oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, by the way, ask her first of all, you know, I love her so much, And she just did that she made the cake and a cup. I think I saw her doing that on her Instagram. Oh yeah, well I follow completely watch all her everything. Wow, I love she This is what I love. You can ask her about this. She's so willing to be vulnerable. She will just like you know what, Hey, guys, my day sucks. I'm gonna tell you about it. I'm gonna cry. We're gonna feel better together, like and I'm like, girl, yeah.
Speaker 1: No, she's like everybody's next door neighbor.
Speaker 2: She's like the coolest lady who's like really embraced her whole trajectory and I am just here for it from one day at a time. And like she's such an awesome mom. She's she's a great you know, like she was a great wife, and she was a great divorced wife. You know what I'm saying, Like so many things about her that I'm like, Yes, yes, she's a good egg. Yeah she's legit. Oh enjoy that I forgot that was coming up. Well, everybody tune into that on I Choose Me. When is it coming out? We'll tell you.
Speaker 1: She's already been on I Choose Me. I'm going on her podcast. She has a new podcast called getting naked.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Oh my gosh, how good you'll tell her. I wanted to make her lemon cake, but I didn't like the lemon part.
Speaker 1: CA I'll tell her bye, guys, see you next week.