Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. A very happy Friday to you. We are recording this podcast live on tape. I have been maut dany g Radio. This is the seventeenth day of the month of November, the final Friday before Thanksgiving, a time where sports talk radio takes a turn to the wild side and you get a lot of evergreen sports RADI Danny G is the Man, the Myth, the Legend has introduced. Hello Danny, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's finally the time of year in southern California where it's a little harder to get out of bed because it's cold in the morning.
Speaker 3: You've got to get a jacket on.
Speaker 4: It's weird, right, like you got to start looking at your jacket collection.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's so cow cool, but I do as a day sleeper. I love it because I can actually sleep and I don't wake up when like usually in the summer, when it's hot one o'clock, I can't really get past one o'clock because it's too But it's been cooler and that's nice, especially have some rain. In fact, there's supposed to be rain this weekend here in La. Never rains in La. They made a movie it never rains in La. But that's a lie, that's not true. We have the Cubana surprise. We've got that. Also the idiom of the week, which is not to be confused with the phrase of the week, of the word of the week. This is a different This is the idiom of the week, which is much more exotic, Danny, much more exotic than that. I love words. We both love words. We like you in enhancing our vocabulary or learning some phrases that we already use where they came from. Things like that. We also have foody fun on a Friday, But as always, we begin with shameless promotion, as the TV show has still not been canceled, shockingly, which means people are actually watching it, which is good. But we need more people to watch it. Penny Versus the Penny was over at Universal Studios in Hollywood there, which I guess isn't actually in Hollywood. I don't know where it is. Where is Universal Studios in Universal City?
Speaker 3: Is that where it is? Universal City?
Speaker 1: Do they name the city after Universal Studios? Is that why it's called Universal City? Yes? Oh, all right. Anyway, I was over there hanging out, had a great time. It's always fun going in there doing the TV show. So we go Benny Versus the Penny, and it is in the bag. It's been sent out on the satellite to the different TV stations, so it'll start airing later today. And if you've watched Benny Versus the Penny, thank you. Watch again. If you haven't, check it out. We were on everywhere from Boston to LA It's on satellite TV, direct TV, Fubo TV. If you don't live in a market that has an affiliate, you can get it on the direct TV hook up obviously. But things are going good. We're getting loosening up a little bit. I can't get Tom to unbutton Tom Looney to unbutton his shirt, but we are getting deeper in the fun zone. Happy days are here again and the people that work on the shore are getting a little annoyed Because I've done a little better recently, I still have not had that breakthrough week.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: We did Benny Versus the Penny last year here on the podcast Danny, and there were a couple of weeks where I just absolutely killed it, where I was like seven, eight, nine games above five hundred. Haven't had one of those yet. I need, desperately, Danny, one of those. So if you can somehow mess with the gambling gods, that would really help. That would really help. Like I if I ended up, you know, going like nine and three or something like that, or nine and four, whereas like five games above five hundred, I would be happy with that. But even better, I'm all four.
Speaker 4: Maybe you can accidentally food poison looney one week, just for one week, nothing too serious. Button my top button like a cholo and you'll in. And if it's a cholo penny, you'll win.
Speaker 1: Racist. Yeah, I've told the tim said, listen, we're on television. You don't have to wear the funny shirts. It's okay. You don't have to be who's that guy on TNT, the NBA guy.
Speaker 3: What was his name?
Speaker 1: He died years ago, but he used to wear the funny outfits. Craig gig Seger. Yes, Segur was great, and I Seger did it. He knew that he would get all the attention. I actually talked him a few So he'd show up to Staples Center and he'd have regular clothes on, and then about half an hour before the broadcast he'd go into the in the dressing room there and come out like Bozo the clown for the TV thing. And the players loved it and he got a lot of attention for it and all that. So I know our people do it. Vic the Brick, who I've known for years. Vic would dress like a total clown. Yeah, attention, But I've told Tom, listen, you don't need to button the top button. Who does that?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Nobody does that? Who does the top button? You don't need the top button? No, that's that's it. Look weird. You look like you're all uh, you know, you're all up tight or something like that with the button all the way like that. Anyway, So the show, if you've now watched thirty minutes Benny Versus the Penny, we were doing like ninety minutes on the podcast, and I was doing a solid hour on the radio, so we're down to thirty minutes and it airs all over the place. Now, the Celtics play tonight the Raptors, so that means we get bumped to late night in Boston, which is good because I have no notice, and if you guys go out to bars and stuff, I'm getting a little collection of like photographs of people taking photos at like sports bars that have the show on, because I'm a nerd like that. But tonight, after the Celtics game in the Boston market, which is the place the show is produced from on NBC Sports Boston, Benny Versus The Penny at eleven PM and eleven thirty PM, so back to back airings, so if you tune in late at eleven, it'll just air again. At eleven thirty. We're on in Philadelphia after the the six Ers Hawks game and something called Bird's Huddle, which I'm told is a Philadelphia Eagles theme show at eleven thirty, So we're gonna take down Danny g Jimmy Kimmel. Is he still doing that late I've not watched late night TVs in years, but I assume Kimmel's still doing it. Who else does fallon. Is he doing a late night show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's still those same goofballs. I saw it commercial recently for Jimmy Kimmel's, so that tells me he's still around.
Speaker 1: The old sports guy k Rock in La.
Speaker 3: Back we knew him as a radio dude.
Speaker 1: That's right, just a regular radio guy. Now he's mister Hollywood there. He's in all the Hollywood causes and all that. And so tonight Chicago, ten pm for Beny Versus the Penny, So we're on there, and we're on the first airing. We'll be at six pm in the Bay Area, NBC Sports Bay Area, we'll be on there a couple of times, and also NBC Sports California, which is the home of the Sacramento Kings. So we'll be on at eight pm and then re airing late night like one thirty am on Saturday morning, and then on Saturday proper back on the Lakers station, Spectrum Sports Night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, starting at six am'll look at the schedule right now, after a Laker replay at six am in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first airs at six, but we'll be on at three, which is a more reasonable hour, and then if you're up late at eleven.
Speaker 3: You're more like morning cartoons.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big Laker guy, but g I Joe. Remember the old morning cartoons they had GI Joe, you had he Man, you had really good stuff, good cartoons on Saturday morning. But yeah, so we'll be on all day there. And not a big Laker guy, but they have a really good cable channel. I am such a radio loser, been a big fan of their cable channel recently. And then on Sunday we'll be on SNY New York, the Big Apple there. We've got our own time slot every Sunday, I think every Sunday this football season, we've been on at eleven thirty am. That is our slot, which is good. So you can watch that if you're in the New York area, you watch that, and then that kind of leads into the NFL pregame shows and you can watch those and then you're good to go. It's all you need. And there's a bunch of other showings. I don't have time to go through all the TV listings, as you like to say, Danny, just check your local cable TV listings because it does air other plays. But these are the ones I know, I know you can get it at these these times today and tomorrow and all that. So last weekend, as we turned the pace, last weekend was a rather eventful weekend, which is good content for the pod. And you know the only reason I leave my house, Danny, is so we have new things to talk about on this podcast. Otherwise I would just stay at my house and I would not go anywhere. That would be it. I just wouldn't leave. So Friday night I was a social butterfly. Either that or I was taken hostage by my wife. Destination Lo Discarga. Have you ever been to load Discargo, Danny, No, It sounds like a golf course. Sounds like a golf course, not a golf course. Not a golf course. This was at night. It is a Cuban speak easy Cuban speakeasy. It's on Northwestern Avenue in the heart of La. Do they shove a cigar in your mouth as you enter? They do have a cigar bar. It's a Latin jazz club. They have live music, dancing, dining, very chic elegance. So the wife liked it. There's a dress code. I hate dress codes. There was a dress code.
Speaker 3: What did you do?
Speaker 1: I put on my put on my church clothes, in my synagogue clothes. I was upscale attire. Only I should have just worn the I should have worn the TV outfit. That would have been funny uniform I wear every week.
Speaker 3: But you're dressed as baller Benny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is a speakeasy. Now are you and the wife fans of the speakeasy? I should just ask your wife.
Speaker 3: If she likes the speakeasy setup. We've never been to one before.
Speaker 1: No, what about Capos in Vegas? You ever been to Capos in Vegas? You've never been?
Speaker 4: Huh, I've never been on the West Coast. I had a record company executive take me to one in New York one time when I was there for a radio convention. But as far as going to one with the wife even never, we've never been.
Speaker 1: Oh, when your son's a little older and you're able to leave and go do things, you should you should go. There's some It's not really my jam. She liked, My wife likes him. So we Capos is this Italian restaurant in Vegas. And the actually NBC on Sunday, the Raider Sunday Night game, they showed Capos. I was like shocked. I was like Wow, it's like a random speakeasy in a mall. Not a mall, but it's like an outdoor mall type thing. And it's in the parking lot. And I'm like, wow, that's kind of kind of crazy. But this lot of Scarga plays, I got the dress code all that. There's a hidden doors to speak easy, there's a you know, it's a Raman cigar bar. They claim it's very reminiscent of Little Havanna, But I don't know. Have you been to Havana?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. But when you think of me, Danny, you think of that rumba or the cha cha cha, right, those are things that you think of when you think of me dancing. But this was this was actually a special event. So one of the officers that my wife, she's a nine one one operator, So one of the officers she works with was celebrating his birthday and so a bunch of his friends and people from work, you know, nobody from my circle, and they planned this big night out. And so, as I said, I got all dressed up. You know, I hate doing that. But whatever went to this grand club, big bar. You go in, you walk upstairs, you go through like this hidden door, and then you go downstairs and the speakeasy thing and you have randomly, you have a live band, but you have Cuban burlesque dancers in lingerie shaking their you know whatever their mama gave them.
Speaker 3: Okay, this place sounds promising.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so that's like random. Like you're just like having a drink and you look up and there's like a woman shaking your boobs. You know, it's right there. And uh so, since we had a big group, the wife and the people that were celebrating this guy's birthday bought a table. So now we're sitting, you know, at the club, Danny, I'm not a club guy, but at the club that's VIP, right, that's big y.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bottle bottle service, Yes, we had bottle service. So rolled out the red carpet and you know, dancing the samba, enjoying that salt of flavor and all that, and the man of honor was not there. We were like, where where is this guy? And so my wife's like, he starts texting the guy, and then a couple of other people are texting and trying to call them and get a hold of him, and and and nobody answers, right, so we're like, oh, that's kind of you know, you go to the club, you don't want to get there too early. There's I've learned the lingo like you don't want to get there too early. There's like a fine line when you want to get So so we got there a little too early. But then you're like, you want to be the person that shows up at like ten or eleven, you know, goes laid into the night. And so she's texting and calling this guy is his birthday party? And he didn't answer. So we soon got a Cubana surprise, Danny, and as Paul Harvey would say, you know what the news is. But now you're about to get the rest of the story. So it turns out, after several text messages and phone calls, we never got a hold of the person we went out to celebrate whose birthday it was. You see, now the rest of the story. This gentleman laid down after a very long day for a short nap. He visited dream Town and did not return until the club had already been closed. So we all got to enjoy a nice night out at a Cuban speakeasy without Danny the Star the show, which I would say is the oddest birthday party I have attended. I've heard of the phrase he'd be late to your own funeral. I've never heard don't even show up to your own birthday party. That we should make that a phrase. We can make that at an idiom.
Speaker 4: Good timing for this story, because I just read the other day a little thing about how Walt Disney, on opening day of the park, his head engineer was trying to fix the power on one of the rides, I think the Toad ride or something like that. They thought the power cable had been cut. He tells Walt, don't worry, I'll go over there and figure it out. So he goes over to the ride and it turns out somebody had just unplugged something, so.
Speaker 3: It was an easy fix. He plugs it in.
Speaker 4: Walt Disney thinks he's busy with this big job, you know, putting wires back together, so he goes behind the Toad ride and falls asleep for hours. He missed the opening of the park because it's sleeping behind the ride.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, Well, I wish I could sleep like that. I'm jealous of people that have the sleep. Do you have the sleep I don't have the sleep power. I'm lacking the sleep power.
Speaker 4: My chick says, you can sleep anywhere if you're tired. Yeah, if I'm tired enough, I can knock out as long as I have like a pillow or a jacket or something to lay my head on. If there's a lot of noise and stuff around me, it doesn't really bother me all that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like my week lately because of the TV stuff, Like early in the week, I do okay. Like on the weekends, I obviously get enough sleep, and then Monday and Tuesday are pretty good. But starting Wednesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday total shit show, total shit show. And so it's like three days a week is really really nasty in the sleep department. But yeah, you win, some lose something really quick.
Speaker 4: Did this guy like see pictures of the party that would suck? Right, you're finally awake and you look at pictures of everyone having a great time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we thought he was dead. We're happy he's breathing again, so we we were concerned about that. But yeah, I mean he was you know, I don't I don't know that he felt that terrible about it. I mean, if you had you got to sleep, you gotta sleep, I guess. And that's it. And he passed out, and I don't know if he's done that before. He's going to retire soon, so I was like, I told my wife, are we having a big retirement party. He's not gonna show up to that either. You know. It's like, come on time now for the idiom of the week, which is not to be confused and with the phrase of the week, that's a totally different bit or the word.
Speaker 3: Of the week.
Speaker 1: This this is only the idiom of the week, that's all it is. This is like the sports car of words. This is this is big, all right. This is a massive thing idiom of the week, and we're very excited to have it. We're gonna get a big sponsor. I know they're working on that right now. A lot of live commercials, a lot of live commercials. I know that's coming. So the idiom of the week is stiff upper lip. You ever heard that you got to keep a stiff upper lip, right, which is of course, yeah, way to be brave or you know, in the face of the crap that happens in everyone's life.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: See, you get a couple of bad breaks. Things don't go your way, whether it's medical or work or relationship.
Speaker 3: Whatever might.
Speaker 1: So you got to control yourself. You can't get upset. You gotta be firm, you gotta be locked in and all that. And so it's stiff upper lip. It's been around. So where does the phrase come from? The idiom of the week. The phrase stiff upper lip has been traced all the way back to ancient Greece, to the Spartans. I better let sparty know the Spartans. And so the cult of discipline self sacrifice was an inspiration. It was an inspiration to the English public school system and the Stoics, and those ideas were adopted by the Romans, and the concept reached England in the fifteen nineties. We're going way way back. The phrase became symbolic of the British people, and really it was more for the students in the fifteen nineties there during the Victorian era. I like those Victorian style homes. I like those. My favorite thre are the craftsmen homes. I love those craftsmen so they're really really good. But then I get depressed because those were built with the wood from the Great Redwood Forest of California. They chopped down to build those houses, and I get bummed out because I love going to the giant forest in Sequoia. And anyway, get back to the point police, So stiff upper lip goes of all the way back to ancient Greece. It also continued on through England in the fifteen nineties and the phrase the week stiff upper lip. I guess it was immortalized.
Speaker 3: You said phrase or did I say.
Speaker 1: Phrase of the week? Goofed? I've got to know idiom of the week. It was also part of a famous poem which I will not attempt to pronounce because why would I pronounce that? Just no way to pronounce that properly. We all got to eat big time of the year, Thanksgiving a holiday built around food, and you might go out and eat. You don't just have to eat turkey. There's other things like you eat, you can eat, so we have foody fun. The hits just keep coming on the podcast, They just keep coming. Foody fun under the sun. As we head into thanks Giving.
Speaker 4: We have you checked your inbox. I can't believe that dude hasn't made an intro for us yet.
Speaker 1: I did not see I did not see anything this week. I think you scared all the music guys away, Danny when you scolded our friend from Richmond.
Speaker 3: I think you didn't them.
Speaker 4: I was just having fun because of time constraints, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: So we we've done thanks ye, I've done Thanksgiving shows over the years, and I'm always fascinated by the guys that go out to get a bite to eat on Thanksgiving. You know, that's to me, that's to day. You know, you stay home, but some people like to go out and have their Thanksgiving meal out and about right, That's the thing.
Speaker 4: We've actually been considering going out this year because it's hard for you know, the wife to be in the kitchen with the baby right now.
Speaker 1: For sure, Yeah in your situation, totally get it. But some people who don't have a kid just want to you know, they're just lazy exactly. So I have as a public service announcement, which we do not have have to do because this is a podcast. I only have to do that on the radio. But here we have a list of but not a list, it's more of a big board of restaurant chains that are going to be open on Thanksgiving Day. Now, I remember back when I was single and had nothing going on. I was working radio, and I had to eat on Christmas and Thanksgiving, and oftentimes it was very difficult. I found the hardest day to eat Christmas Eve, hardest day to find food. Christmas there'll be some things open, usually Chinese restaurants, and then Thanksgiving was hit and miss. But here I'll give you. I'm not gonna give all of these, but here are some. Acapuco the Cantina. They're going to offer on all you can eat Thanksgiving buffet with turkey and ham carving stations. So if you're into that Bar Louis, which you've not heard of, I've been there, Black Bear Diner. You ever been to a black Beard Diner?
Speaker 3: I have for breakfast a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have homestyle turkey on Thanksgiving. They're open. Bob Evans restaurants, which are in a lot of the country. Bubba Gump shrimp, so if you want some shrimp, you can go there. What else, claim Jumper? There's not many of those left. That's a nice sit down restaurant. Well not nice, it's all right. Delfrisco's. Oh you go to del Frisco's Steakhouse. There get a big bribby steak, Danny.
Speaker 3: Oh, that sounds good.
Speaker 1: Here's where you ought to take the wife. She'll be really impressed if you take your wife to Denny's on Thanksgiving. There and you can enjoy turkey and dressing for dinner. Tender carved turkey, breast, savory stuffing. Sure, that's wonderful. El Touredo is open.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I like their sweet corn.
Speaker 1: They've got an all you can eat Thanksgiving buffet. Flannagans. That's a big shade Fleming's Steakhouse. I know there's one of those downtown. Well, here's what you really need to go. You imagine the scene at Golden Corral. Oh my god, sweet baby Jesus. Gold will be open on Thanksgiving Day from eleven to four pm and sometimes even later in certain cities.
Speaker 4: That is where Coha's ninety three year old grandmother will be.
Speaker 1: Ah. You imagine walking into the Golden Corral like strutting in and just like here, I am bitches, I want the prime rib. I want the I want it all, I want it. Oh Fogo? Is that how you know? Phogo to chow the Brazilian steak place that's an all you can eat thing too, right, you go in there. I've only been to that place once. I think I was at a Fogo to chow and they give you like a thing it's red on one side and green on the other, and you like flip it over.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 4: They bring so much meat to your table that you start getting the meat sweats.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot. There's a lot of meat going on, but it costs so much you have to I always feel like I have to get more because I got to just if I the price of getting in, so I end up eating way too much.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Moving on from that, we have here's here's a blast from the past, old school returning because everything old is new again and good news. Chili's. Guess what they're bringing back at Chili's. You want to take a shot here? Danny Chili's Baby Ba baby Back, baby Back. Yeah, Boys to Men the nineties stars the Earlier this week they released the modern version of I Want My Baby Back, I want my baby, I want my baby back. I want How much you think they got paid for that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: One million dollars?
Speaker 1: Gotta be right, man, That thing got so much airplay on radio and also obviously television, but you know, doing sports radio in the late nineties, it was on non stop, right. We had we had a sponsor. I ate so much, so much chilies we were doing. We were doing an event on the top of the Capitol Records Building, the famous Capitol Records Building in Hollywood, and the sponsor was Chili's. And I think what they did is they just got free food as part of the deal, you know, because they cut the they give them like free spots or whatever. But we had so much chilies. It was wild man. We were sitting on the top of the Capitol Records Building eating like we were going through the entire menu, trying to figure out what we wanted.
Speaker 4: You were shoving those southwesternrolls into your mouth.
Speaker 1: It was It was wild man. And so anyway, baby Back Rip jingle is nostalgia. You can't go wrong with nostalgia. You can't you can't go wrong. People love it, loved the nostalgie. We have new items. Let's see if any of these hit your palette. Danny Danny's has put French toast several different French toast dishes on their permanent menu. I know you're concerned about that, but they're going all in on the French toast. Carls Junior has rolled out a new guacamole bacon burger. I don't know if I need that. I do like this. Taco Bells got rolled chicken tacos, which I used to call those tiketos back in the day. Those are pretty good. They've also got their five dollars cravings Back Cravings Box Back. Jack in the Box is testing new crispy chicken wings with three varieties. They say, yeah, not a fan of the Jack and Jack in the Box wings.
Speaker 4: I don't think any fast food places could do a good job with wings.
Speaker 1: Just you don't just put them in the deep fryer and that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'd been sitting around all day frying fries and other crap.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, speaking of that, actually this has popped up. I've known about this for years, but not everyone knows these things. The McDonald's hack has gone viral again on how to get fresh piping hot fries. Don't mean you know this right, Danny. You're a seasoned veteran of McDonald's. But the trick is you go into McDonald's and you say Hey, I want my fries with no salt, So now they have to make the fries with no salt. But then you ask for salt packets and you end up spending ten minutes pouring salt over your fries. At least they're fresh. At least they're fresh. So there is.
Speaker 4: That what I've done before. It's been a while because those fries will kill you. But when my wife was first pregnant, she was craving those to make sure they were fresh. I asked, can I please get a batch that's lightly salted?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: That's kay.
Speaker 4: So that yeah, then you don't have to spend all that time with the packets.
Speaker 1: It's a good move. It's a solid move. Do you like those nacho fries from Taco Bell. I don't know if you're you're not.
Speaker 4: A big not a big fan. I like what they dip in. I'm not a big fan of the coating. It's too thick, too thick.
Speaker 1: Well, they people apparently love these things, and they have launched a subscription. Now that's like next level. You should just go directly to the fat Farm. If you're getting the Taco Bell subscription to nacho fries, I think, But I mean, if you're into this, we teach their own. It is a new Nacho Fry Lover's Pass and it just became available a few days ago. So the way this the way this.
Speaker 4: Works for fat asses man for ten dollars, ten dollars the fat Ass Pass exactly for ten dollars for reard members. With this program, members have access to a regular nacho fry order every day for thirty consecutive days, or through December fourth, so you can get your fries there. How much your nacho fries? Are they a couple of bucks? How much is a regular nacho for I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's probably like four to five dollars now.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well ten bucks. Then that's actually a good deal. You don't have to do the thirty day thing. But I don't know, I feel just like weird. I'm back again. I'd like yeah, I like that. It says what else? Talk about the interest the grilled cheese nacho fries. Oh, here we go, the new iteration. You're right, Danny, look at you? For nine Yeah, so all you have to do is go twice and I assume for the ten dollars, it's got to be more than ten bucks, right, that can't be. They'd lose their ass on that. Oh, they must assume you're gonna buy some other stuff. Maybe that's it.
Speaker 4: They think you're just yeah, exactly, You're not just gonna get the one item.
Speaker 1: I would get the one item. I'd be like, all right, I'm good, give me the small bag, I want the fries. I'm good to go. Thank you very much, thank you.
Speaker 4: Remember this is a fat ass pass, so you need a lot more items than just the one.
Speaker 1: That is a fair point, and we'll get out on foody fun on this. The good people that Hershey's from Hershey, Pennsylvania. Where do you know what record was set? What sports record was set in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Hmm, see here, Hershey, Pennsylvania. The most baskets in a row. No, the most points in an NBA game, or by a guy named Wilt Chamberlain the Philadelphia Warriors and that famous photo of Wilt Chamberlain holding up the paper that said one hundred. Yeah that in nineteen sixty two. The game was played in Hershey, Pennsylvania, Hershey Park Arena.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's where the magic happened. I assume that's been torn down long long ago, but not in Philadelphia. It's like when I think when Kareem set the scoring record of which has been broken by Lebron, didn't he do that in Las Vegas against the Utah Jazz. I want to say he did random factoids because the Jazz used to play games in Vegas for some reason. I don't know, at the Thomas and mac Arena in Vegas. We'll get out on that. It is Friday, Danny, anything you would like to promote. I know you've got double duty today, so you got a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this morning, after I take a little nap and do post production on this fine podcast, I will make my way to Sherman and Oaks, California for the Covino and Rich Show at the Network two to four pm. For a fun Friday that's on the West Side five to seven pm in Newark, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Newark, New Jersey and really just wonderful scenery there in Newark. All right, thank you, Danny, appreciate you listening. Remember Benny Versus the Penny. It's going to be starting today and then Saturday and then a little bit on Sunday. Would really love if you could check that out would mean a lot to me. I appreciate it and have a wonderful Friday. Talk to you. We got a new podcast. Saturday and Sunday. We'll talk to you then, Asta pasta got a murder.
Speaker 3: I gotta go.