Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Welcome into the cycle, Part three of the week. I'm Ryan Warmley, joined as I have been all week by Kelly Kirby. Kelly, thanks for hopping on in place of Mike Mayer. Definitely upping the war on this week's show. For these weeks episodes, all three parts of them you joined us for, we did some of your lessons learned in part one, we went through some buys and sells and waiver pickups from you. In part two, now we are talking some pitching streamers the way we usually do this as Mayor kind of runs through somewhat using our FP streamer tool, which you can find Fantasypros dot com, picking some of his favorite streamers for each day of the week. Fridays are always really tough. We'll see what you came up with on Friday for whatever reason. There's never good good streamers those days, and and we'll see what we think about these streamers. So we've got one for every day of the week. Kick us off with Monday of next week.
Speaker 2: All right, So there's a theme to you know, doing streamers, which is find find the bad teams and hit them up, no matter what the pitcher has recently been doing so on Monday, going with Max Meyer versus Colorado, So anytime I can get to Marlin at home and well, I guess it doesn't even matter if it's Colorado's offense, like even just give it to me. Meyer has been a bit of a wild card lately, Like he is, he has not looked sharp.
Speaker 3: That's putting here kindly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He has not looked sharp whatsoever. But I also, given what was out there on Monday, I think he was just the best option because it's the worst offense. So I'm going to take him Monday. I have him in a couple of leagues. I'm giving him like one more week basically, like if he if he can't get through the Colorado starting, I'm done.
Speaker 1: So in his last six starts, his era on the season has gone from two ten to four fifty three. I mean it's just been really bad yep as of late for him, and I have started him in pretty much all of those starts been in my rotation.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, you felt so good right and then and now it's just like, okay, well that was that was a blip. That was a blip, and then now it's like, okay, is that.
Speaker 1: A Blipper, you know for some of the other ones, like at least he was still getting you strikeouts, but he was also giving up five earned runs. This week against the Padres, he had four earned runs allowed in just three and a third innings and no strikeouts.
Speaker 3: That was alarming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was very alarming.
Speaker 3: And his second start this month with no strikeouts.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I said something on leading off where I was just like, I'm like, I can deal with a blow up start here and there, but I can't abide no strikeouts.
Speaker 1: How many pitchers in baseball in the same like six week span have a start with fourteen strikeouts and a start with zero.
Speaker 2: If I was faster on stad head, I would look that up. But I can't fathom that it is. I can't fathom it's many.
Speaker 3: So here's the Max Meyer on Monday. Who you got next?
Speaker 4: Next?
Speaker 2: I've got Jackson job at the White Soxes. So again, Detroit Tiger. He's not been overly impressive.
Speaker 4: I was gonna look that up really quick. But he also gets.
Speaker 2: You know, the other worst team in baseball, So I think that I have no problem kind of running him out there and seeing what happens. Yeah, he's got a four to twenty two era and a one four nine whip on the year, but sometimes facing the white soxes the cure than any picture needs. So I'm as far as streamers go, I think he's a good option and could possibly pick up the win, which is another thing. You don't want to chase wins, but you want to give yourself a chance.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I agree on Joe. Sorry, I was gonna let you just keep running through.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry. I don't know how Mayor does it, so I can keep going.
Speaker 3: I know you're good.
Speaker 1: I like to interrupt him when I want to, but otherwise I just let him cook in this section.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, Okay?
Speaker 2: It was like, I don't you want to talk more about job so done? Wednesday, I've got Miles Mikolas versus Kansas City. I think Kansas City is a very targetable offense. And I don't know what what Mikolas michaelas yeah, is doing, but you know, he's kind of just hanging in there doing little things. And again like with Kansas City, and I think it's it's at home and Saint Louis has looked really good, so you're back to the win situation. He tends to go deep in games, so I am fine rolling him against the Royals on Wednesday. Thursday was the mess this week. I didn't like a lot of options. So Tony Gonsolin has, you know, come back down to earth. He gets the Mets at home. The Mets right now are they seem like a little bit of a mess, you know, Soto, They're kind of Soto and the door like everyone's sort of underperforming. The rest of the lineup needs to kick it into gear. So I am not a fan of this, but if I had to dream someone, I would go Gonsolin against the Mets at home. So you do without what you will, but please don't blame me if he blows up. Okay, Friday was was a little bit easier. Zach Lyttel versus Miami. The only problem is it's in Tampa's little, you know, ballpark, so if the wind's blown out, I wouldn't do this. But I think Miami's again another offense right that You're just kind of like, I'll target this, see what happens. And Littel's been He's been all right depending on who he's facing, so I see him as a pretty strong streamer. Saturday, I've got the Cubs are visiting Detroit and Jamison Tyne versus the Tigers again not my favorite. Like the part of the problem with the streamers is like you're just throwing a dart and hoping that the matchup works out in your favor. But tywone's been okay, they've late, so I'm not as.
Speaker 4: Scared of that. I was just gonna look up.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I thought I wrote it down, but yeah, So, I mean, he's got a three eight six ERA, but he's only got a one o three whip, so he is pretty good on the ratios, and the Tigers have a great offense. But it's also like that ballpark is pretty friendly to pitchers, so I would I would roll with him.
Speaker 1: And then on side, I'll interrupt there and say that Ben Brown the last time I streamed a streamed it for two starts last week very nearly lost me the week. So I'm a little burned by the Cubs pitching streaming options.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, yeah, I would go with the veteran on this one versus Yeah, I dropped him. I dropped Brown in our league. And then like he started off that first start with like he like was on fire, struck out like three or four guys in the first two innings and then blew up because at that point I was just like, right, I just can't make any correct decisions. But then I felt better about it later and then on Sunday, this one, you know, is the battle of ineptitude. But I like Shane Smith for the for the White Sox, and he's facing the Royals home, so same rules. I wouldn't stream him if it's if the wind is blowing out too hard, if they call it kegle own, I absolutely would probably hold off. But I like Shane Smith as a pitcher in general, so that is my streaming week.
Speaker 3: I know you like Shane Smith.
Speaker 1: You picked him for me in my stead for our two start picture competition a few weeks ago, Shane Smith against Zach Wheeler.
Speaker 3: Who would have thought Mayor would win that week?
Speaker 4: Did he actually make both his starts?
Speaker 3: I think he did.
Speaker 1: I think he combined in our in our scoring format in the league that we're in that I use just to as a kind of catch. If these points are very different, then it's easy to track, as opposed to when they're really close and you kind of get into it. Who actually won this week? But in that week. In his two starts, he combined for fifteen point eight points. Yeah, and Zach Wheeler combined for forty six point five points.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was kind of one of those I didn't want to burn a good picture for you, so it was like, I'll just throw this one out there and you can.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 1: I think you made a better pick for Mayor this week than you did with Shane Smith for me, So I am taking that personally.
Speaker 2: I will just say, well, or you could see it as I was gonna, I wanted to pick Wheeler, but yeah, so that was a little bit of a problem the first time. But yeah, I know, I yeah for my competition, and I don't want to give may Or anything. But Joe Ryan for the Twins, like I've been talking about, he's looked fantastic lately. I'm not super confident, so I mean, I might still screw Mayor over here, but he gets the Athletics in Sacramento and then he gets to host the Blue Jays, so I feel like that's a the you know, it's always a little dangerous when with the Athletics in that ballpark, but he's been on a roll enough that I feel like he's a good to start pitcher.
Speaker 1: This week, I went for Carlos Rodan, not somebody that I have a lot of, but he's been pitching really well as of late, and obviously, like you know, the strikeout potential with him as always there, you know, pitching for a good team, gets some wins. He gets home against the Guardians and home against the currently struggling Red Sox. We'll see maybe if they call up Anthony that will look a little bit different. But he's also somebody that, like you know, fair or not, it's just hard for me to not think of him as like an injury risk, and so I kind of want to use him early. There were a couple of options this week. So some weeks we've had it's been really tough. The last two weeks we've actually both kind of had a lot of options. I'm annoyed because I finally went to Grom last week and I've been so anti de Gram all year, and he had, you know, the first start this week was not his best, So we'll see how how that finishes up. By the way, so the last completed week I forgot to update people on was Mayor had Franbur Valdez. He got thirty five point eight points. I had Trink Scooball who had his insane thirteen strikeout Maddox, which that alone, like I didn't even need to look at the other outing like that was a win for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you get thirteen strikeouts and Amatox.
Speaker 4: That's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Best start of the season by any picture, Like, you know, I just can't short of a no hitter.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine a picture having a better start than that.
Speaker 1: So that would very you know, I had to burn Schooble to get it. But if you're going to use him, that's the type of start you want to you want to get out of him. So Mayor is currently head in the standings through seven completed weeks four to three. We'll see, Uh, we'll see if I can start to catch up here. We kind of did the reverse last year. I used a lot of the good pictures early and he saved him. This year it's been kind of the opposite approach. So well, Uh, I mean I've used some good ones, right, Like I've used Tunor Brown already, you know, Michael King.
Speaker 3: It's not like I'm using Shane Smith every week.
Speaker 4: But I just wanted to get creative.
Speaker 3: Listen I was.
Speaker 1: I tried to pick Hunter Green the next week, and that was a week he was hurt, so I had to pivot to Shane Boz. So I went Shane's back to back week, and let me tell you, I didn't win either.
Speaker 4: That doesn't that doesn't usually work out.
Speaker 1: Well, No, No, let's wrap up with some weekend excitement here. I wrote down just a few things. There wasn't like a ton of highlights. Obviously Yankees Dodgers is going to be the big series, as it always is, but you know, with both teams being good, that's obviously a huge one. Garret Crochet versus Spenser Strider could be a really fun pitching duel. And then I wrote down, like, how does Scooball follow up his thirteen strikeout Maddox again, like it was the most strikeouts in amatics ever. By the way, for those who just happened to not know, I think if you're listening to the show you probably know. But if you don't, a Maddox is a complete game with under one hundred pitches. Yeah, and Scooball did that with thirteen strikeouts, which is the most ever in a Maddox so extremely impressive. I'm very excited to see how he follows that up. I only have him in one league this year. I wish I had been more, but he's just that dude's so good at pitching.
Speaker 4: Is so good.
Speaker 2: I have him in my keeper league. I think, I think I have him. Like it's single digit amount of money, so I mean it goes off every year, but like I at this point, I can have him probably for the next Like I have, we have.
Speaker 1: Like a deep it's not technically dynasty, but it's like you have five minor league spots and you keep like fourteen a year. So it's like a very very deep keeper league with a minor league element. And one guy in the league has Scooble for a dollar. It will go up eventually, but right now he has Schoble for a dollar, and I have Bobby Wit Junior for a dollar, and we're always like arguing who has the better, like best asset in the league.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic, yeah for me. This weekend, I also am interested in the Yankees Dodgers. The Cubs host the Reds. They got into it a little bit last week when they visited Cincinnati. Ian Hap is a Reds Killer, so I'm looking forward to that right now. I'm an oilers fan as well, so I'm a little into the hockey playoffs. I do live stream Tuesdays and Fridays for betting on that they could wrap it up tonight and get ready for the Stanley Cup finals, and then I'm also in charge of the WNBA prop bet cheat sheets, so my attention is split. But I'm enjoying that season as well. So yeah, that's kind of the weekend and I'll probably go out on a pontoon ride if we're getting real specific.
Speaker 1: No, No, I love that Mayor likes seeing I usually don't up, but Maryor likes to include like, you know, real life, like you know, whatever fun stuff is going on too, so I encourage that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll go ahead and wrap up there.
Speaker 1: Thank you again for filling in, not only for Mary this week, but for me next week. We'll be getting a lot of Kelly Kirby next couple of weeks here, but for Kelly and for Mayor, I suppose I'm ryding warmly. Thanks everybody for tuning in. If you missed the earlier parts, please go check them out. But yeah, that was a cycle for this week. We'll see again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 3: If you love the show, the best freeway to support
Speaker 1: Us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash fantasy Rose MLBHM