Speaker 1: Brooklyn Boysdcast.
Speaker 2: Slice reactions.
Speaker 3: This podcast all depends on you, baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Brooklyn Boys Slice time for our episode number three thirty one and before what's going on?
Speaker 1: Hopefully not two before? No, I mean you leave talkbacks of episode one thirty I'm like, I don't know what you're talking about. Yeah, well, as long as you reference a great episode, give us some context and you know, yeah, we'll help us out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just let us know.
Speaker 4: But a lot most of them are from the last couple of episodes because everyone.
Speaker 1: Everyone's quite exaggerating for his sake of effect.
Speaker 4: Wow, Brody, you are something. You're booming in today, You're you're not soundingly your system.
Speaker 1: We're not on the same system we normally are on because Scary's system crapped out. So we're on Zoom at the moment. Yeah, we're on the backup system. This is like that on the backup. Yeah, I think the back of the pandemic days. Yeah, when Zoom is the cutting edge. Zoom is not cutting edge anymore. But we're on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We're we're here. We're here for you. We wanted to make sure we crank this episode out. Plus the talkbacks were stacking up. Thank you so much for leaving your feedback through the iHeartRadio app when you clicked on that microphone.
Speaker 2: I think we should get right to it. What do you think I'm not I'm not stopping you. This is not that show. This is theirs.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 5: This is a junior from Lagrange. First time I talked back a long time listener. I just had one nice, scary How did you get phone tipped on April Fools Day? I'm disappointed you, sir?
Speaker 6: Peace out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, this is not really the location for Elvis dren in the morning show talkbacks, So I don't know what we're talking about. What are we talking about?
Speaker 4: Well, I got phone tapped basically our afternoon person at Z one hundred.
Speaker 1: Crystal, Oh, I saw that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, told me that there was an intern, an old intern who used to work for us from back in the day, that wanted to speak to me.
Speaker 2: So she put the person on the phone and she started talking things.
Speaker 4: She started started saying things that were like weird and like you know, out of nowhere. And they were not only recording me, but they were filming me because I happened to be in the studio when I took the call.
Speaker 2: How did I get fooled? I didn't expect it and it was so Yeah, he is.
Speaker 1: How you got fooled. When I ran the internship program, we probably had seven eight hundred interns, maybe more, and I probably remember all ninety five percent of them. You can't remember everybody, but you know I do my best. Remember's name?
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Scary doesn't remember the interns while they're there. Yeah, uh so for him to not remember, that's why he's an easy mark. Anybody could call it me like, oh, I was an intern there in twenty you know, eighteen, Like I was tricked?
Speaker 2: And why April Fool's Day? You know what?
Speaker 4: I lost track of the day that didn't realize it was April Fool's Day after How.
Speaker 1: Do you lose track?
Speaker 2: It's just are you are you.
Speaker 4: Extra on guard on on on April Fol's Day? No, I'm always on guard always, But are you extra on guard and analyzing everything that crosses by you on April Fool's Day today?
Speaker 2: This is a joke. Is a joke. This is a joke.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 1: I am wary of anything that seems blatantly obvious, that it's too good to be true. However, A friend of mine who's also in radio, posted something that said, Hey, tomorrow, I'm releasing this big thing. This was March thirty first. Everyone was like, yo, yeah, okay, April fols, we get it. Okay. He's like, no, no, it's really so. He legitimately was releasing something, and he did. He posted it. It was deal. The point is, if you're going to release something, don't advertise you're going to release it on April first, because no one's gonna believe you.
Speaker 2: Exactly, all right, Continuing a long.
Speaker 8: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Mariasmunion City. Two things. It's water ice. I'm married to change. I have to be in every Monday.
Speaker 2: Scary.
Speaker 8: The streets are terrible.
Speaker 2: I hate driving in Jersey City.
Speaker 8: I found a pothole on the speed bump.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 8: Speed bumps are supposed to slow you down?
Speaker 2: The pothole slow you down? Love you too again.
Speaker 1: Just a reminder, because I did this in Jersey City, you can get them to pay I F any damage to your car if they left a pothole unrepaired.
Speaker 9: Brooklyn Boys fall from listening to the Flighttime episode and fucking Shay has me dyet flood.
Speaker 6: Capacitor, hohole, lot of lot up.
Speaker 10: Holy fun dude, you know what do you come up with this ship?
Speaker 6: That's fucking funny.
Speaker 11: I was laughing in the car laying next to me here as I'm driving, and it's thinking, I'm.
Speaker 6: Nuts that she was funny. Shay, good job, bros.
Speaker 12: And Scary.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I liked Shay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh and I love a talkback about a talkback. Yeah, that was a Slice time talkback.
Speaker 13: From Brooklyn here, guys, uh, just answering the Soflo drew about the balancing the tires on a truck. I've never seen that. That's pretty freaking cool if if it is possible. Umm, this is the first I'm ever hearing of it. So I stand corrected. Thank you for that. I'm gonna actually look look for that, because that's pretty freaking cool.
Speaker 2: You learn something new every day.
Speaker 1: Someday people are gonna come to us and say, Brody and Scary, Scam Brody, Scam Brody, but in Scary, what was the secret to your podcast success? And I'm Bronzino and on run flat tires.
Speaker 14: Scary and Brody Kansas from ever here. You know, Scary, I'm usually not on your side about.
Speaker 6: The bougie stuff.
Speaker 14: And when you first talked about the flat tire, I was like, you gotta be shitting me, man. But after the update, I will say good on you for getting the wheel and tire package.
Speaker 2: Take a lot of money, see boys.
Speaker 1: Yes yeah, but Scary has still not admitted how much he paid for the tire package, so it's possible that.
Speaker 2: He overpaid for it.
Speaker 4: Was like two grand all right, Okay, I I already made the money back.
Speaker 1: Okay, rkan jew Aka, have you flowed you?
Speaker 15: The guy who talked about hybrids need to have special tires is not true. Hybrids can have any tires. Actually, any cart can have any type of tire. Honestly, it's not there's no special tire. If you choose to have runoflies that you choose to have run flats because you like that insurance that you don't have to get stuck on side of the road. That's what I do for my wife. I don't care about having runoflats because they're it talks to more expensive, so I'd rather not spend the money some Jewish, but hybrids do not have have special just to say, yes, there are tires that have lower rolling resistance, so that they benefit from it to help with your finish efficiency, but it's unnoticeable probably, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, good time, folks.
Speaker 16: I'm sorry one more and I cannot stand fucking stand how scary keep saying I didn't come out of pocket for the tire for my tires and wheels. Yes you did. You paid for the tire wheel package. Yes, maybe any money, but you still have to pay for it. Didn't come free, so you still pay.
Speaker 1: Thanks you exactly.
Speaker 16: I hate when people say that, like they pay for like an extra warranty, and then a year later when they have to get it, they have to the thing breaks and they have to get the warranty.
Speaker 4: They say, oh, okay, but I'm sorry. That holds no water because I it doesn't matter. I would have had to come out of pocket for the for.
Speaker 1: The two grands, right right, But you don't know how much the tires would have cost, and the and the and the room doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's it's all a wash at this point.
Speaker 1: Wait, the rim could have been five six hundred bucks and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Three tires in a wheel, it's a go price. Three tires in a wheel, yea, whether I paid for it with the tire package, or whether I paid for it but it was still gonna happen anyway.
Speaker 17: Yeah no.
Speaker 1: But but the three tires and the rim may have been less than two thousand dollars, is what his point is. You didn't get that for free. You paid two thousand to three tires in a rim, so you should price out what that would have cost you. I'm pretty sure it's not two thousand dollars.
Speaker 12: Hey, guys, Flora from Connecticut. The Trucker is fucking amazing. He made me laugh so hard, and that is talent right there. For him to flow like that through every thirty seconds and it doesn't stop is absolutely amazing. I love that guy. I'm so glad that he's on the show with the slices because he just makes me laugh so hard. Keep it going, Trucker.
Speaker 2: You need an album, he really does. We love the Trucker only doing some next level shit.
Speaker 18: Brody and scary and never scary and brody. This is what from CT unfortunately scary. A lot of people don't really know how radio works. When I was young, I always wondered how the hell does radio make money if you're listening to everything for free, and then someone explained to me about advertisements and how people get paid for appearances, and you know, so on and so on. So yeah, a lot of people don't know how that is. Also shout outs, does what's up?
Speaker 7: She does?
Speaker 18: Fellow slice?
Speaker 2: All right, is he back again?
Speaker 19: They it's well again from ct Brodie. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 18: Why the funck should she not pay because she's a woman, because she had a vagina.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you're like, oh, it's the right thing to do. Why is it the right thing to do? Nobody's fucking earth. That's not your girl, your girlfriend, that's a different story. You're trying to get in her pants. Sure, pay, but.
Speaker 2: She's just a woman.
Speaker 19: It's like the nineteen fifties or the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 2: He just made second.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, oh I love that and right now yeah comment was still him.
Speaker 1: He's like, it's not nineteen fifty where you could buy a girl dinner if you wanted a banger.
Speaker 2: It's now.
Speaker 1: It's okay. I understand your point. Uh, I agree with you on the she should pay this not.
Speaker 4: Like oh it's and I know women are some women are like good's noise, it's chivalrous.
Speaker 2: You want a banger, you pay for real, you get a free meal.
Speaker 1: By the way, I scare. I don't know if I asked you this on on the on the Brooklyn Boys, you said if a second woman comes, then they pay for themselves, but not after. If it's one woman, she she gets a free Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like if there's two women involved, then then I feel like then you just it's it's easier for everybody to just split it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, A question for your slices. If your woman won and you know the rule, You're going to dinner with Skeery and the boys, you know you're getting free dinner, and he says, oh, you should bring your friend Mary, and you're like, oh fuck, if I bring Mary, I'm paying for my own dinner.
Speaker 2: So you do you ask Mary and lose out on the free dinner or do you bring Mary and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I get pay for dinner now.
Speaker 2: It's a great, great point. Yeah.
Speaker 20: I'm listening right now to Brodie's story about walking into the bank and the banker had no idea about the stock market crash, and I am going to make a thousand percent on Brodie's side.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Harry.
Speaker 20: You can't defend her. She works in a freaking bank.
Speaker 1: Yep, thank you.
Speaker 20: I get my money and run.
Speaker 2: It has nothing to do with but she doesn't control the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about It's okay. One has nothing to do with the other. I'll tell you why it has something to do with the other. She's always in three months when my CD is up, I have to go in there and ask her for advice on what I should do with my money. And I don't trust her if she's not aware of a global catastrophe going on. That's all okay, thank you.
Speaker 8: Hey, Brooklyn boys, It's Maria from Union City. I'm commenting on the latest episode three thirty two. Scary's talking about the e bikes A one thousand percent agree with you. We have bike lanes here in Union City, and I'm sure you've seen them everywhere in Jersey City. What's the point they're not using them. Let's just make that a second lane how it was before for cars. Because they don't use them. They go on the sidewalks, they use the road terrible, and they're.
Speaker 1: Route And that was the episode three three to one, not thirty one. Yeah, if she's heard three thirty two, I'd love to know what we talked about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously let us know.
Speaker 21: Yeah, hey, b boys, Christy, who's saddlebrock scared?
Speaker 22: You're not crazy?
Speaker 21: This person must be living under a rock regarding the Greek restaurant. How could you not know that mentioning or talking about a restaurant radio or TV would cost money?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Called advertising. Yeah, I'm very opized at a restaurant owner. An adult would not know this already. Okay, you're not crazy.
Speaker 23: Scared.
Speaker 2: I love you guys, love you too, he Murray, hold on, scary.
Speaker 1: Would let me ask you a question, this person that didn't know how radio advertising worked, would you work for them if they had their own radio station? No, you wouldn't. Yes, that's why I left the bank.
Speaker 2: No, you would. You're not comparing apples and apples. Sure I am, No, you're not.
Speaker 8: Hey, Brooklyn boys, this is Maria Fremanian City. I just wanted to let Brody know that he is absolutely right. The woman at the bank should have known what's going on with the banking world. I do not work at the bank, and I know what's going on. I don't even watch the news, and I know that.
Speaker 1: Was happening exactly.
Speaker 8: So you know, it's like scary if something was going on globally with iHeart.
Speaker 20: There's a chance you should know because you work for iHeart.
Speaker 1: Same thing.
Speaker 23: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but we don't do that here, I guess. All right, let's take a break, right, should we?
Speaker 1: Yes, let's take a break at podcast.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Once again, thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it. I feel like we have a little club here. This is like a place that only we know about, and I feel like only we know Keenes.
Speaker 2: You like that, right, like that. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: It's like two thousand and seven, you think two thousand and six somewhere in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe even earlier than that. But anyway, Yeah, so it's kind of cool. I want to expand the club a little bit. I feel like we should tell our friends. Let's tell some more people about about what we do here.
Speaker 1: Ooh two thousand and four, dude, twenty one year old song reference.
Speaker 2: Thank you? Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 24: Hey for Queen's here hearing me talking about his friend of a friend who has a restaurant, wanted to shout.
Speaker 8: Out on the air.
Speaker 24: I think that guy knew how it worked. I think he knew that there's level to it, and it's a business and all of this, and he was just hoping that because you're friends with his friend, he could get free publicity. And then when he was told no, he feigned ignorance and was just like, oh, I had no idea. He totally new. He was just hoping to get it for free.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 25: Reggie here, Okay, so Scarry's friend who owns the restaurant.
Speaker 6: I hope you're listening.
Speaker 25: I think he gave you a really good idea. Maybe you can't afford to advertise on zero one hundred. That's totally understandable. Who has one hundred thousand dollars lying around nobody? Maybe you can't afford to advertise on the Brooklyn Boys. Think about it, huge fan army. You pay Brooklyn Boys to come down to your restaurant and do a show. They tell the slices in advance, we all.
Speaker 6: Show up and buy your food.
Speaker 5: This is a win win for everybody we work.
Speaker 1: That's right, like comedians do when they first thought out.
Speaker 2: Brody and I just work for free, free grub bub.
Speaker 25: But listen, you're not taking advantage of my boys here. You're gonna pay them for their time. You have to pay them and give a free meal. And when Elvis says around the room, what's going on and Scary drops that he might be at a restaurant later with the Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Boys, that's illegal.
Speaker 25: You may have some free publicity just saying do right by the Brooklyn Boys.
Speaker 6: Pay them to come to your restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we're getting paid to show up and you mentioned on the radio, you have to say you're doing an appeer, a paid appearance.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You have to pretend like you're just happy to be going to that restaurant.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hey, Brooklyn Boys. John from CT on episode three thirty one, Scary. Normally I got your back, but this week I'm on Brody's side. You corrected Brody and said sex workers instead of prostitutes ain't a job. This is that's political correctness.
Speaker 6: That it's worse.
Speaker 1: Who is their employer?
Speaker 10: Do they get a W two They file for workers compet injured on the quote unquote job and for the oscar worthiness. I think I see what Brodie is saying. The dolphin doesn't get an oscar for playing a dolphin. Free Willy.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 1: But by the way, obviously he failed to see my, my, your tongue in cheek has a comment.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I was.
Speaker 4: I was really I said sex workers because everyone that is that is very politically correct, and that's and people correct you all day for saying that, so I figured I would do that as a joke. It was, Yes, tongue in cheek, I was being facetious, I was being sarcastic.
Speaker 1: I'd like to address a couple of things that he just said.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Number one, Free Free Willy is a story about a killer whale. There are no dolphins in the movie. I just confirmed and looked it up. So if you're playing a dolphin in Free Will, you see must have gotten cut. Second of all, whether or not you have workers comp or you have a boss doesn't determine whether or not you have a job. You can work for yourself.
Speaker 2: A lot of a lot of.
Speaker 1: Sex workers or hookers or whatever you want to call them. They do work for somebody, not maybe just not maybe not the best boss in the world. You know, you may have heard the term pimp used that being said, call it whatever you want. But again, in movies, a lot of people playing prostitutes, sex workers, hookers, whatever, or as in Brooklyn. They used to say, who A lot of women playing that role have won Oscars for that type of character. And that's a that's a fact. That's all.
Speaker 10: Hey Jon from CT. Again, when it comes to the banker knowing what is going on in the financial market, you're done right.
Speaker 6: They should scary.
Speaker 10: If you were going to invest your money in something, you would expect the people working in that institution to be well read on their professional duties. Imagining asking a Z one hundred worker about I don't know a thing between Kennedrick Lamar and Drake and they responded, what are you talking about? There's an issue you would probably sour the taste of the inquirer about your knowledge of the current situation, especially when it comes to here where your money goes.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I was just trying to give her benefit of the doubt. I don't know, no no benefit.
Speaker 1: If you went to the gas station and the gas station attendant didn't know, you're like, oh, I did busy pumping. Guess this is her job. Sorry, all right, we move on.
Speaker 25: Tension Slices is going to be a Brooklyn Voice meetup at a variety of different restaurants that are paying them to make an appearance. They'll be free working lot. Hope to see everybody there.
Speaker 2: What was that all about.
Speaker 1: That's a paid appearance for everyone.
Speaker 26: I guess it brought him on you acting like she worked for a broke. She worked for a bank, not a broke. You work at the bank. You don't need to know that. Maybe that's why they have the higher CD rate. It don't matter unless I don't think you were doing two hundred thousand over two hundred thousand. Your money's ensured.
Speaker 2: It don't matter.
Speaker 26: They're given the higher rate. You should have gone with the higher rate. You'll get your money back. You won't lose your money even if they go out of business.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't about the bank going out of business. It was about the fact that I just I got I got just a bad feeling. I had to get out of there.
Speaker 2: I just I can't.
Speaker 26: Yeah, yeah, Broe, hundreds of episodes. I never talked about the stick then, but you explained it, and you said you didn't feel any financial pain from it. You said the big wigs got mad at you, but it didn't affect your career. Oh no, no, no, absolutely scary have to feel more pain that he paid a hundred he more pain than you.
Speaker 2: According to you, I made it very clear it did.
Speaker 13: They just didn't like you.
Speaker 26: But you said it didn't affect it.
Speaker 6: Didn't say that unless I made that clear.
Speaker 4: Nope, I've made it clear. It affected my career. That is in your opinion. You don't have any proof it for affected.
Speaker 1: Your scary scary you know better than that. Let's move on.
Speaker 22: Hey, boys, Brodie, you absolutely deserved a free appetizer or a free dessert or at the very least a free drink something because they burnt your.
Speaker 6: Duck wings and they did nothing. They took nothing off the bill.
Speaker 14: So I'm with you.
Speaker 6: You're a hunch right. You deserve free dessert on that one. I'm surprised you didn't find a little harder. And you're also right about maybe.
Speaker 4: Brodie should start eating more classier establishments. Did you just say more classier a classier classier establishments.
Speaker 2: If you did that, excuse me, If you.
Speaker 4: Did that, Brody, then maybe maybe they would they wouldn't bring my dunk buck to begin with. No, automatically, they would take shit off the bill and they would do the right thing.
Speaker 1: Really, you really need that you think you go to a Michelin Star restaurant and they bring you free dessert.
Speaker 2: Yes, on the bear they did. Yes, Well, guess what scary?
Speaker 1: My financial price point right now is zero, So I'm going to the place I went to and getting duck wings.
Speaker 22: Mikey Madson, she did not deserve the Oscar. Do you especially not over to me because I thought, to me was really outstanding.
Speaker 6: As standing I heard it was just phenomenal what she.
Speaker 22: Went through for that role, and Mikey just played a role that was suited for her, but it wasn't outstanding.
Speaker 6: I did like the movie. I thought the movie was great, but Mikey did not Oscar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, She's no Meryl Streep.
Speaker 2: I mean I still didn't see it.
Speaker 4: But did she go through any transformative did her character go through any transform No.
Speaker 1: She played she played a tough prostitute from Brooklyn, and by the end she was a tough prostitue.
Speaker 2: From Brooklyn, So nothing changed. I mean, she had some issues, she was emotional.
Speaker 1: It was fine.
Speaker 27: It's just.
Speaker 1: The fix was in again again again, just to just one last time. Being from that neighborhood, it didn't seem impressive to me to act like the people we grew up with.
Speaker 2: Those people did it.
Speaker 1: They weren't even actresses.
Speaker 2: So to the Oscars. If you're from Alabama, watch the movie, you might be like, what she put on this amazing Brooklyn accent.
Speaker 4: All she had to do was impress the Hollywood foreign press and guess what she did that.
Speaker 1: So the Hollywood farm Press is golden globes, not the Oscars. Then who the Academy Academy, the Academy of Motion Picture. I'd like to see who the people who are the people that are in the Academy obviously not people from Brooklyn, So yeah, they must have been from Brooklyn. They would have been like I've seen that one hundred times.
Speaker 28: Oh hey, Brooklyn boys and Jason n Jay that ring thing, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it true.
Speaker 28: Listen, if you're in a relationship and you can't trust your partner, there's no way.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 28: I am with scary on that one. Also, with the flat thing, I would have thought the same thing with the other guy coming, Oh my god, they intercepted my phone, they stole my car, I would have thought the same thing. But I'm glad you're getting it fixed. Yes, all right Port two. Yes, there's a lot of potholes. Sorry that happened to your car. Good thing you had one flats. Good thing you're paying the extra money. I definitely agree with scary he should you know, he paid the extra money to get that service. But making it go all the way to Westchester, I don't know, how do you know what they like?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is scary call. We got to take good care of it, ye.
Speaker 28: I guess, but w to get it back? I know this is the way I'm listening to.
Speaker 2: Don't think for a second. My car isn't singled out.
Speaker 7: They know.
Speaker 28: It behind in the podcast. So hopefully you got your call back, okay, and everything else, And and that was funny with the he wanted to get together. I don't know why Brody always has to be king paying, paying with the comedy, but he I guess you know that, you know, get together with the Josh another time and make sure Josh just keeps quiet. But I don't think he will.
Speaker 2: And Brody's gonna, you know, with gonna gonna back down from Brody.
Speaker 4: So about they'll not be a dinner between Brody and Josh anytime.
Speaker 1: And again I'm I'm happy to it's I'm not the problem.
Speaker 28: So about the dinner thing, I don't think even if Scary said to Josh that, you know, could you keep you know, keep it well, you know, because Brody's going to be there, I don't I don't know, you know how his character is. But he's not gonna listen to Scary. He's gonna rip Brody apart. They're gonna be a battle of whatever. But anyway, we'll have a great time if you do eventually, do do that and love you guys by the now.
Speaker 1: Later, I'd like to point out two things. Number One, he would attempt to rip me apart. He would not rip me apart. Second of all, did you notice that MJ had no technical problems that time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, she was very sure of herself.
Speaker 1: He's good, she's like, she's like, I shouldn't doubt that. They went through very impressive. Nice job.
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, this is Renee from like sir. I'm listening to episode three one and two.
Speaker 9: Things one, the Witness movie kind of seemed dumb to me too, because there was a lot of fake things. So that might relate to thing second, which I might go over the dinner part with Brodie.
Speaker 24: I would agree for the table if you like the stuff for the table.
Speaker 6: But women eating for free?
Speaker 9: Now, independent women take care of themselves and don't go to a place.
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, this is right from extricain.
Speaker 20: Yeah, but I proved this point the dinner thing.
Speaker 6: No, it is women often, they use them.
Speaker 25: They may be able to afford it or not, but they just no hair, I can get a free meal, use my money.
Speaker 9: Otherwise you're going to a place unless it's someone you're dating. Even still, you might buy a meal once in a while, but you chip in, You pay your fair share because you're here in the world and you were You are responsible.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you so much?
Speaker 29: Take it?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, all right on that note.
Speaker 13: Being that bad.
Speaker 2: So far, no one has disagreed with me about the women paying for dinner so far, and so far we're only about two thirds the way through. Well, I gotta claim my victory now while I still can.
Speaker 10: Who knows what's coming, Hey, Brffen boys, John from CT scary, I'm with Brody on this one again on the restaurant. I am biting my tongue to keep calm for this one because this grinds my gears. First off, fuck the guy who is going to decide the meals for the table on everyone else's dime must be real nice to choose the food you like with my money. I personally do not understand the concept of going out to you with a group and then paying a good amount more than what I consumed. If it is within five to ten bucks. Of course, it depends on the bill and the amount of people in the group. Fine, but after that, no frigging way. As for paying for the women at the table, who the fuck is that guy to speak for the wallet of every guy there.
Speaker 19: This is a whole other.
Speaker 10: Issue, which is now I'm going to deliberately pay for someone else's meals solely because they are a woman. It doesn't matter if it's two dollars scary. I earned it, And if he wants to pay for the women at the time, that's on him. But when it comes to my money that I worked for, don't you speak for me? I would have said no, don't put me in an awkward position to rely on that to get away with robbing me. I go out to restaurants, seat the food, not the cost.
Speaker 4: That's a great point, but how do you vocalize that in a group of ten people. Brody would have come off looking like a douchebag if you would have said something, How do you say something?
Speaker 2: You can't you trapped? Did you say anything?
Speaker 1: I did have a moral dilemma? Did I talk about the moral the moral credit card dilemma at the end? No, so I was the only one without cash. Oh, everyone gave me all the money. Yeah, I had the credit card, and I had to go to the waitress and say how much to put on my credit card. Now I could have said put eighty on my credit card and nobody would have known. But I did not because I love my boys and I did the right thing. And I again, it wouldn't have affected them, It would have affected the waitress. Yeah, but I know I paid one hundred, absolutely, but somebody else might not have. But anyway, the point is paper Menu is going to want to find out if if mister treat them all paid two hundred or we all absorbed the woman mm hmm, because I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if mister treat them all treated them all. We all chipped in, So we're gotta figure that out.
Speaker 25: Reggie here, I'm going out to dinner with the wrong group of people.
Speaker 16: I am never.
Speaker 25: She pays double vagina, and frankly, I feel like I'm missing out now.
Speaker 6: In fact, sometimes I have to pay for some of them too.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that, that's gross. How do you how do you end up in a group of people like that?
Speaker 30: A broken any solace Bronian scare back to one? Okay, so, uh, Bronie's correct, Like what, I will not be paying for appetizers I'm not gonna enjoy and if we split the bill evenly, then everybody's pain. I'm not paying for nobody for an extra person because somebody decided that they're gonna pay for them. Their money's not good. Money is green, woman's money, men's money. It's all green, and it's just as good as everybody else's. Okay, scary, We're not in the nineteen hundreds. This is not the time where all men have to pay for all their female friends. And you know what, I'll go on and on and on forever on this topic.
Speaker 2: Well, I said it.
Speaker 4: It's a nice gesture, and sometimes it happens, and I'm okay with it, that's all.
Speaker 30: And before you say anything, I don't have to be my friends and we go half on the food, half on the drinks. Sometimes they want to pay the food and I'll pay the drinks. Sometimes I pay for the drinks.
Speaker 2: She pays for the food. This is twenty twenty five. Women make money.
Speaker 30: What are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Who would she will read? What are you doing?
Speaker 30: I mean, I'm trying to understand and I can't. A booking boy, bahamas any souls, Bernie Scare.
Speaker 31: That's scary. Let's take it to the next level. Let's just call Robin right now and ask her if she would take you out to dinner and she paid for everything.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 2: Let's ask her that question.
Speaker 30: Let's see if if Robin is living in twenty twenty five or she's living in the nineteenth fifty A.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Bernie Scare final final talk to reater eate. No, it's not Brodie's point.
Speaker 30: Let's just say I go to buy some cl cuts, right and there's a big, you know thing about cold cuts that they're coming with mysterious certain brand. There's a recoll and I go to buy the cl cuts and I tell the guy, hey, listen, I'm here to buy moredella and you know, do you know about if he doesn't know about the lysteria and the brand, that it's in the news being recalled, it's in the cabinet, and they don't know nothing. Then I'm not buying from them, right because I may get listeria.
Speaker 2: Period. Brodie's right, Come on, scary current events?
Speaker 30: You were, you know, top one hundred Morney Radio carent events are current events?
Speaker 32: Hey, Jonathans me.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what to make.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine? Can you imagine if Taylor Swift and Travis Kelcey broke up at six am and at nine am someone called the Morning show and said, I'm so upset, and Elvis would say, I didn't hear about that.
Speaker 2: When did that happen?
Speaker 1: That would never happen because it's Elvis's job and Gandhi's job and Daniel's job.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's what's going on here, and that analogy along with what Huan just said about the listeria and the certain brand of cold cut and not knowing and you're a deli owner and you can get Pete all of that. You have a vested interest and it's your job. In those cases, it's hard to love.
Speaker 2: It's the bank.
Speaker 4: In this case, she just is an employee of a bank that she's not even supposed to give you adm either way your money.
Speaker 2: Or she's doing pressing buttons.
Speaker 4: When you're very black the hold on, wait a second, are you talking about at a desk.
Speaker 1: I didn't say she was a teller. Tellers don't do CDs. When you go in the back and sit at someone's desk, they're the expert, they're the financial advisor. I was talking to the bank security. Are you talking to the person that when you go up to the teller? Why would I what teller signs you up for CDs and money markets? And I A you shut down at a desk with a person, yes, a bank expert, a money advisor.
Speaker 4: Okay, right here live on this podcast. My opinion has completely changed.
Speaker 1: Look at that, I can get have said that on next episode of The Brooklyn Boys. For those people that didn't hear s lifetime, thank you. So you would have to sound like it was a woman at the way. You will go up to it, I said, I went to the woman's desk.
Speaker 4: I went, I said, just understand that people at that window, people at that window are just it's a very black and white job. They're just doing their robots. I said that on the Brooklyn Boys, and you didn't correct.
Speaker 2: I don't know that the fact.
Speaker 4: Those people, those people I would I would expect to not understand what's going on.
Speaker 2: That's not true. You work in a bank. You still have a phone that has alerts on it.
Speaker 1: And the people at that at the by the way, a lot of a lot of our slice time timers, maybe bank tellers. Those are very nice people, are very helpful. I'm just pointing out that the woman I sat down at her desk, she wasn't aware at four thirty.
Speaker 4: It's a different than that. That's a different story. Yeah, she's a changel advisor.
Speaker 2: That's her job. Oh yes she wasn't.
Speaker 4: She wasn't the person at the window, all right, but no, But I give a pass to those people again because their jobs are very robotic.
Speaker 2: They're very like.
Speaker 4: Pressing buttons, counting money statistics. Everything is is numbers, it's math. It's got nothing to do with a human touch.
Speaker 1: Scary. Everybody has a phone that has alerts. This wasn't a story that was This wasn't a story that was only going to people like, oh, it's a niche thing.
Speaker 2: I get I get it.
Speaker 1: I guess it's like if you're into Marvel, Like you're not into Marvel, right, if Marvel announced the new movie, I would expect you not to have alerts for entertainment like e comic book alerts.
Speaker 2: But you work in a bound dead Horse and Brody Stick dead Horse. All right, great? Thanks? Oh all right, well I'm glad you agreed last time.
Speaker 10: The leave OnlyFans Girl Alone guy, brother of Leave Brittany Alone guy.
Speaker 6: I do find it hard to.
Speaker 10: Take request from someone who essentially said they would have no problem if their daughter was engaging sexual acts online for money. I'll just leave it at that. The brook and Boys. Love you guys doing what you're doing. Love you, John Awesome podcast.
Speaker 23: Boy Jamie from Queens again, as you're talking about when a group of people go out to eat and the guys pay for the women, and the women don't pay for themselves.
Speaker 7: Da da da.
Speaker 23: I'm a woman and I don't understand. Why Why are you covering me? Why is that like an automatic rule or some bullshit? When if I'm in the group scary and we go out to eat, thank you, I don't get it unless it's like my birthday or something. It makes no sense. Also, Brodie, I find it funny that when you ask Scary why this was a rule in his friend group, all he kept saying was.
Speaker 2: Ooh, it's a nice gesture.
Speaker 23: Okay, Well, wouldn't it still be a nice gesture if I A is the only woman in the group full of you guys chipped in with you guys to pay for like Big Dick Bob's food or Gildo Dave's food or whatever the fuck your friend's names are. Why do you guys have to pay for me automatically? Because I am the guant last one, and then I'll shut the fuck up, I promise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go to bed. It's two o'clock in the morning at this point, that that's what time she left.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 6: I promise. I'm with Doty on this.
Speaker 8: I would be kissed.
Speaker 23: If I was expected to chip in every single time for someone for no reason other than what bullshit they have going on in their pants or some shit, I would not be happy either. It's one thing if we agreed ahead of time because it's you know, that person's birthday or something like that, that's fine, But every single time for no reason.
Speaker 4: No, you've made your point, go to bed. She's absolutely right. I love you, Jamie, but we're just gonna leave that there because we're going to agree to disagree. It's just the kind of person I am and the cloth that I'm cut from. It doesn't make any sense in your cloth. I would not volunteer you. I would not volunteer you in a group of people I.
Speaker 33: Didn't know.
Speaker 2: To pay for the woman. Okay, but it's for whatever reason.
Speaker 4: The people that I hang out with, that's Those are the types of things that we expect each other to do and say.
Speaker 2: So it's not so, it's not like we're not we're offended.
Speaker 4: Like the day that we paid for our friend Astra who came out to dinner with me, my buddy, will and his buddy. I know how will is and his buddy is so so it was it didn't come as a shock to me when he said, hey, let's pay for her. Because did she did she try to pay?
Speaker 2: She did?
Speaker 4: Or does she know how this game is played? She did the fake wallet reach, she knows how this game's played. But can we can we get her on the Brooklyn Boys next week?
Speaker 2: Let's get her on there. Oh, she would love to come on the Brooklyn Boys. Let's have Astra on. I love her, let's he's the best. We love her? Okay, great?
Speaker 7: Oh over Bally stream not no, that ain't gonna work if not?
Speaker 2: And unfillables and what he's a stickular about that?
Speaker 7: Write it down anyway, I under u uh. You guys caught me trying to come up with something new for my next production there anyway, you know, I wanted to talk about the last last time. There was a fellow that called in den As I think his name was, and he was saying how he was upset about everybody and last time cold in it's always given brouh scooty shit, you know, and that's not the.
Speaker 2: Way it should be.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I gotta think I thought about it, and I think I agree with the guy. You know, I think it should be more of an intellectual conversation on the various topics that you guess come up with on a weekly basis. That's what it should be all about, you know, because it's not like a couple of guys from Brooklyn would get together, you know and bust each other's balls. I know on the podcast. That's not the way it's done over there in Brooklyn. Right, Well, I don't know anyway. I'm all trying just be more serious here, stop ball the fooling around and just stick to the old work, all right, and uh don't be uh uh messing around with Scootie anymore. Okay, I'm sorry, Scooty. Please are sitting my apology?
Speaker 2: All right? You got it there, Trucker.
Speaker 6: This is Heidi from First Time Talk Back and with regards to episode three thirty one. I agree with Brony on this one. I'm a mortgage broker and I have to know the industry rates across the board as they apply to product. So if the Bank of Brony was referred to by a teller or other staff, I find it difficult to believe she is unaware of the global collapse, although these days I envy her for the ability to be a pe Yeah right.
Speaker 2: But she she is the word teller too.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know if you were very descriptive when you said it was, I'm descriptive.
Speaker 2: I was under the impression it was a bank teller. I would give the bank teller of the free path.
Speaker 12: We're from Connecticut, Brody, I'm with you.
Speaker 6: They burnt it.
Speaker 12: They couldn't give it to you at that point, you're going to give me something.
Speaker 2: I waited.
Speaker 12: It's not like they can make another thing of wings. They can't even do that, you know. Or if they made another thing of wings, it brought over. So I took them, you know, a little bit longer. Sorry about that, but I would want something for free. One time I went to a Texas roadhouse with my six kids. We ordered our food and we're sitting there waiting. We get our drinks and we're waiting, and we're waiting, and forty five minutes goes by. So I asked for a manager from another waitress and then I said, it's been forty five minutes. Our waitress has them come over at all. She says, okay, let me check. Comes back ten minutes later. It's been almost an hour. Now we're waiting for our food. Yes, I have hungry teenage children who are starving. We drove sixteen hours because we were heading to Texas from Connecticut. And now she comes over and she says, oh, I'm sorry, the food's delayed. They put it in separate checks. I go, how does that make sense if we're a large party together. An hour and a half we waited for our food. The kids were bitching like crazy, of course because they're starving, and we wind up getting the whole meal for free. Not what I wanted, but come on, get your shit together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I got nothing burnt duck wings, you know something.
Speaker 4: And they did the right thing. And especially if they initiated that, that's the right move. That's a quality establishment.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, if you haven't brought food over an hour and a half to a table with six kids, bring over some French fries to give them something to eat in the meantime.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Something it was a nacho chip, something.
Speaker 1: Like, hey, guys, while you waiting for your food, here's some free shit, like whatever's ready, give it to themis get serious?
Speaker 33: Serious, serious, no more bashi scooty around. Limit here the slashes talk, the slashest tongue. Limit, here's the slashest tongue, the slashest tongue. Yeah all right, guy, yeah, it's me. You know, it's time to get serious and do a little homework here. I'll get about as serious as I canceled.
Speaker 2: Here we go, uh, scoot it. You know I'm with you one hundred percent? What about that one percent?
Speaker 33: Those the East cyclists cyclists. There's nothing but a menace to society. If they want to be out there in the public, you know, rid and around, they need to follow the.
Speaker 2: Rules of the road and of the general public, you know.
Speaker 33: And Scooty, you're the one that could put U stop to this. Go out there and get yourself one of them fancy h East cycles with the rum flat tires and the little tassels on the handlebars. Get yourself a helmet and a whistle.
Speaker 2: Hey, okay, thank you. That was an abrupt ending for the trucker. Yeah, okay, no big fan fair.
Speaker 1: Take exected fanfare.
Speaker 2: I will take that under advisements.
Speaker 34: Hey, Brody and Scary Eddie from over New Jersey on episode three thirty one on the duck Wings, Brody, it's a bit of a stretch, I think, trying to get free dessert, which I'm all four all the time. But what if you went there and they didn't have the duck Wings on the menu? Would you expect to get something for free?
Speaker 28: Then?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 34: Nice try, but I'm not with.
Speaker 30: You on that.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you the difference. The difference is I waited almost a half hour before I found out that I wasn't getting them. Then I had to wait for the ribs to be made, so it was like forty five minutes before I got my appetizer. So and again I went there specifically to get the duck wings. So it's not like they were like, oh, we're out of them. I were like, oh, that's not that's unfortunate. No, No, they burned them. They committed a crime. Crime brod, I'm exaggerating, but they did the thing that was wrong. It's their fault. There is no duck wings therefore, that's why I wanted, Like then I would have been nice. I didn't fight it. I didn't We're be nice. The manager said, hey, you know what we fucked up. It was the last order, you know. Uh, let me do something nice for you, that's all.
Speaker 33: Chase those fuckers down and stop them, you know, and educate them and let them know what they're doing wrong, because what they're doing is not correct, you know, and they're hurting people.
Speaker 2: That way, they won't hurt anymore people.
Speaker 33: And if one of those punks gives you any attitude, grab them by the neck and looking straight in the eye and do like Eastwood and tell them.
Speaker 2: I'm making a citizens arrest.
Speaker 33: Yeah, that's what you tell them, and then you look for Sergeant o' leary he should be walking the beating and take them to him. He'll handle it from there. Yeah, that's what you gotta do there, Scooty. Oh boy, I'm sorry that I got so upset, but you know, those guys really bow my blood. You know, sure of course you get your salad quickly, but at who's expense?
Speaker 2: Boh, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 33: Well, let me adjust.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, A.
Speaker 33: Serious, serious, serious, serious, Yeah, ask Coody, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, boy, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 33: I apologize for getting so upset, but those people would just bawl my blood.
Speaker 2: You know, just no one they're out.
Speaker 33: They're sure you get your selling in a hurry, but at who's expense?
Speaker 31: You know, just tell you what.
Speaker 33: Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Serious, I guess serious, serious.
Speaker 2: Enough enough enough? Oh man. Yeah that was the end of that.
Speaker 27: Okay, okay, Brooklyn boys, Lindsay from San Diego again. I just wanted to come at about the women don't pay situation. There was a time that I went out with about twenty other people, kind of which about half that hour couples and I was one of the only single women. There was a couple other single guys, and I was sitting across from my friend's husband and I tried to pay. At the end, he like smacked my cart out of my hand. I was like, women don't pay. So I've always been treated nicely amongst my guy friends, except when.
Speaker 2: They're smacking you. They shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 4: Why that's but okay, No, I I listen, especially if it's it's five couples and you're the eleventh, Yeah, why not pick up your bill?
Speaker 2: I'm okay, I'm all for that. Split it by.
Speaker 4: Five, and then you know the six women don't pay. But five of those six are in a couple situation. So you the eleventh woman that that woman that's not a couple should pay. Make it odd and odd number, yes, divide by eleven. I know a right, I'm just saying that hard.
Speaker 17: MD from ND here guarding men paying for the women. If I'm in a group setting and the men tell me I don't have to pay, I always make sure and double check with everyone if they're okay with that. But most of the time I'm like, no, I'm paying for myself.
Speaker 2: If it's like a if.
Speaker 17: It's been pre planned, that's different. But just to do it without telling anyone not cool. Women shouldn't. Women should be treated equal and always pay the same.
Speaker 4: At the very least, the guy should have pulled all of you aside and said, hey, should we all chip in and then make a group decision before deciding for everyone.
Speaker 2: That's the part that I do not agree with. Because he didn't know everybody in.
Speaker 1: The group, correct, But the vibe, the vibe, well, he didn't know everybody, but he mightn't know how you guys were, where you stood financially these days, these are a group of people who haven't seen each other in so long, and he's just gonna just come into the group like that and just make That's why I said before, With me and my friends, we all know each other, we all feel each other out, We kind of know where it's going and right, so he could have at least pulled you guys aside.
Speaker 2: That would have been a good compromise.
Speaker 1: While it was eleven of us or ten of us at the table, it's not gonna I mean, listen, my assumption is he figured we're all boys, We're all Brooklyn. That's the vibe, and that's what's gonna happen, all right, But I thought it was good content for the podcast.
Speaker 29: So because someone has vagina doesn't mean that they shouldn't have to pay. Everyone should be treated equally when you're eating out, unless it was pre talked about or everyone is in agreement to do that. So I guess you're I guess this will be interesting to see other people's point of view. And by the way, Scary have a very cunty day, and Brody you rock.
Speaker 4: And did she say eating out a vagina in the same sentence? Yes, and county all together. Yes, I picked up on that.
Speaker 32: Andy the bus driver here coming on. Scary's talking about the fucking schooters and e bikes. Those things are so annoying.
Speaker 2: It's try cutting you off. It's right, they want to get in your way.
Speaker 32: Uh huh No, I just pulled a bus right in their lane. They try to coming around you at in other cars. No, no, no, you wait back there, Bud that And there was goddamn three wheeled bicycles, you know, and New York Christmas time.
Speaker 2: Uh eight ninety nine a minute. Don't get ripped off.
Speaker 32: Fuck those goddamn triresickles and the god damn blke.
Speaker 2: Thank you you either one to get your way like parking your spot. Fuck out of here.
Speaker 32: I'm gonna run you over.
Speaker 13: Hello, good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. It's Vinnie for Brooklyn. Hey, listening to the last episode again, and Brody, I'm having more trouble with this freaking dinner that you went to and you having an issue paying for a girl. There is a woman, I should say. There is so many things wrong with what you said. You almost sounded like scary with the whole banging. Nobody's banging her common uh huh. And as a fellow father of three daughters, I hope to God that when they go out with their friends and if they're the you know, minorities in the group in the sense that there's more men than women, I hope that their friends do the same.
Speaker 11: Fordam I mean you're talking about eleven bucks. Bro It's unfathomable that that would be an issue. You just spent one hundred bucks and you're having a problem with you know, Biggie famously said, spread love. It's the Brooklyn way. I don't expect Brooklyn. I know the rules are going out to dinner with your friends.
Speaker 13: You always take care of the ladies, regardless of who's banging her or not banging her. That's not right, that's not gentlemanly of you, and that of the two of you, would expect you to be the gentleman here.
Speaker 2: No offense.
Speaker 13: Scary, but you know he's a dad of three daughters, and quite frankly, if I was scary, I feel the exact same fucking way. This is why I wouldn't invite you out. No offense, BROI because I love you, and you know I I message you. We talk about pizza and all kinds of stuff. You gave you some great recommendation. Let it's fucking unfathomable. Sorry, bro, this is just it's driving me up a fucking wall here, so much so that he left two more. Yeah, I know, I said that was it, but.
Speaker 7: The whole thing.
Speaker 13: We're going out to dinner with one of your girlfriends or wives or whatever. My particular group of friends, we've been friends since pre K We've been friends for thirty six years, and if one of our spouses or significant others was in the group, we still split it amongst whoever. The guys are in the group. It's not so our group is four guys. If two of the wives are there, we're still split in it four ways. It doesn't make a difference. That's just the way we are. And I understand that's not everybody. But in other situations with people that I'm not as close to, I would absolutely pay double for my wife and myself. If that's the case. You know, eleven people, we split it in eleven ways. I'm always picking up two at least, that's my opinion.
Speaker 2: Allright, Brody, you burst in it. It seems all right. So a couple of things I was not.
Speaker 1: Just to be clear, I was not saying that someone should get a free dinner if you're banging them. What I was saying was if it's your girlfriend and you want to pay for her dinner, that's fine.
Speaker 4: But the fact that nobody was she's an equal. She's someone that we all worked together. She was an equal at work. She's still an equal. The free zoom that we set up ended right in the middle of Brody's rant. How appropriate. I love it, and that happened to have been the last talkback. I'll wrap this up on behalf of Brody because uh.
Speaker 2: It's over. The Zoom room is finished.
Speaker 4: We'll see you on the Brooklyn Voice podcast later in the week. And thank you believing you talkbacks, love all of you.
Speaker 2: Reactions.
Speaker 33: Bo.
Speaker 3: That's all depends on you to talk about something, Baby, A lot of things.
Speaker 13: You would be on Decis
Speaker 2: Free, dresser