Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey ladies, Hi, it is the last week of school. Oh thank goodness, we are all most there.
Speaker 3: Slowly things are sweetly falling off the calendar. Kind of do we feel that I don't know. I want to believe that it was a deep breath in between.
Speaker 1: I no, yeah, I just feel like here at the end, there's zero point for them to still be there, minus like a few exams here cal A. I get a text every day I know I'm doing nothing.
Speaker 2: Can I leave? You know?
Speaker 1: And it's like already for high school, they do let you kind of come and go when you've got exams and stuff. But then like in middle school, they'll have an exam that morning and then it's just movie still or the rest of the wish all his movies, Julie.
Speaker 2: So they were watching a movie. I watched a movie yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, you can't get mad at me for all the absences because they're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: So it's like, you know it.
Speaker 1: I was leaving to come here today and the line was like a normal school line. Everyone's leaving at like twelve thirty.
Speaker 2: I'm like, just call it, Yes, be done. Yeah, just be done. What's the point. Sorry, that's my that's my.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry sorry. Things will be changing though, and well it's starting in June. We're going to have a different layout again. But it's going to be more episodes and split up a bit. It's going to be we're gonna basically it's not going to be because this right now will be a week delayed. It won't be a week delayed. It'll be very topical. So what we're talking about, it airs that day extra risk for all of us in our big mouths. I can't wait perfect a good point. Oh things I think about.
Speaker 1: Things change so fast, I know, even for us and for the headlines and all the things. And so it's just like smart it comes out a week later, it's like, oh yeah, it's iHeart Smart.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's kab So I'm just gonna have to really check myself my big opinions.
Speaker 2: It'll be good, it'll be good, guys. I'm having a bit of uh karma. Oo oh interesting. I don't love it when that comes back around me. Neither. My grass is dead huh oh. And it's not anyone's fault, but the sprinkler system and the drought's happening. The drought would be my grass is always dead. But here's the problem. You guys know how much I love my yard. It is so dead. But our sprinkler system isn't working, so our our rain sensor keeps tripping, and poor Alan is to go out. We have all these different zones, so he has to go out and then manually do it because it doesn't just and then we will we've uncensored the rain thing. And I go, this is our karma for not letting use our yard. Wait did we say no to that? Oh that's I sorry. Well, no, I I came apologizing. Okay, okay, I do it was I felt awful for talking about it. Hmmm.
Speaker 3: I would like to just speak a little life into our little section of the world. It's hard because we are all experiencing real life things, the three of us, like, we're really doing very normal life. We just happen to get in here and we curl up with you guys, and.
Speaker 2: We update each other everything that's happened.
Speaker 3: So literally, and so I think it's also I think it's great that you apologize, and I think it's great you're acknowledging that I just also want to normalize the sharing of our world.
Speaker 2: I think what I where I had to step in and look, was though I thought it was a great topic. Mm hmm, it's someone to it's someone else's How do I say this, Like being on the other side of it might not feel as good. Absolutely sure, you know what I mean. Like it wasn't even though I'm like, oh, I think it's such a great topic to talk about, and then you know on here we embellish things a bit and you know, oh, we got to keep it entertaining, so it's just And then so when I have to just be mindful because I'm like, I wasn't disrespectful and this that, But I'm like, oh, but it's still to be on the other side might have not felt great. And that's where I'm like, oh, I'm like, I suck. So I felt really bad. Well you don't suck. And then I'm like, take all my yard. I don't care too. But they had already figured out a different plan, and than I just felt too more okay, so they figured out another plan.
Speaker 1: I will say, anytime we talk about something, we always go back and say, did that was that disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's always been our.
Speaker 1: Thing because I never I'm like, yeah, we never want to disrespect someone, but I think what ends up happening is nine times out of ten we're not necessarily disrespecting anyone. But like you said, it still just doesn't feel good being talked about. Yeah, And that's where it gets tricky because we are very mindful of being disrespectful. But I can see where okay, but I might just not want you to share that.
Speaker 2: That happened between me and yeah, And that's.
Speaker 1: Where it gets very very tricky on here, and we're all trying to be a little bit more mindful of that. Yeah, because I think we're very good at making sure we're as respectful as possible.
Speaker 2: Yes, But then I think that because like natives can be, you know, and don't I never want any negative. And I was like, oh my gosh, I just we get on here and we just all up. But then I said, oh crap, KB, Like was I because I just said how great you know? And then and then it is just the other side. But even so, like you know, when I share life stuff, well, why did you say this about you know that being your best childhood memory because it was you know, and so it's again it's though that was I wasn't trying to be disrespectful and it is my it was like and that's okay, and not playing characters like this is our world. Yeah, I'm like, there was nothing. I didn't say anything bad about you, mom or dad, like you know what I mean, Like, this is just that was my reality and my truth. And I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. But again being on the opposite side of things. And also some people live in a fence and that's not ours to deal with too. Yeah, but like my husband, I think parents potentially, I mean, I can write again that's what I was.
Speaker 1: Yea, I could see that being I can already see into the future. If my child were to say that even if that's that reality, that that would hurt me.
Speaker 2: But I'm still saying it's a great I'm not sorry though, but I'm not saying it. I would say it.
Speaker 3: I would say it as the cadid arguments of not yourselves and parents of not yourselves.
Speaker 1: And that's my issue is I would do it all day long as the kid, and then I go, oh god, But if Kaden Britten and me or Ramsey were to do that, that would hurt my feelings.
Speaker 2: And so it's like I try.
Speaker 1: I look at that, and I'm like, I still want to be able to share my truth and how I grew up and all the things. But then I'm like ooh, man, like I just can't get it all right all the time. So of course they're going to remember those those times and that's what they would be talking about, and I can see where that would be hard to hear.
Speaker 2: Then as you grow up, as you get older, I mean I kind of maybe left out that it was my only good child one word, I'll change it all. But it was, you know, I mean it was a joke, a running joke, you know. So I think that's and I'm like, Lisa had a good memory. Yeah, see, we see the positive. So positive. I'm like, why am I getting in there?
Speaker 3: No, guys, somebody came through the meet and greet line the other day instead of resting.
Speaker 2: WHOA, you're really screwed it up on the blah blah blah, And he was.
Speaker 3: Like, I am what And they're like, oh, listen to the podcast. He's like, so apparently you threw me under the bus, and I was like, I don't I think it. I remember the episode. Well, I don't even need to revisit it. That's up to you, dear listeners, if you want to go digging. But I but I also it's like they watched just the piece of it and they're not listening to the whole episode where we very very candidly threw ourselves under the bus. And well, it just happens a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, nine times out of ten, if it's something I've talked about with Nick and he just sees the clip, he like goes and listens, He's like, oh, that wasn't bad at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like usually great marketing. Pretty he's pretty good at that though.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, at the same time, it's like if you actually go listen and not just take the clip that they post.
Speaker 3: The clips are funny, the editing's been epic. I'm like, man, if I'm not us is awesome. But if I'm us, I'm a little bit yeah, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of a belliech But needless to say, Karma's biting me and they and my grass is dead, kills my grass hearts. It's supposed to rain coming up, I know, thank goodness. We just can't get this.
Speaker 3: I live across from two empty nesters, and they are impeccable with their lawns. Mister John and mister Dan. If you're listening, and you never will, you are, They're they're my goals. They look like golf courses. I they're out there with little trimmers like shears every day and mister John will sometimes spray his lawn and color. If there's little green pat dry, I'm out then I can spray my grass because I'm gonna be out there today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a black there. It's going to be a par four by dinner, not a girl Cramer.
Speaker 1: Oh no, good Well that's funny.
Speaker 2: So format's changing and always for That's about. That's about all I got. Okay, school lending.
Speaker 3: You guys, I am on our topics of.
Speaker 2: Whether to share or not to share.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm usually like just share, but I'm trying to be a little bit more.
Speaker 3: I'm protecting my client strong on this because it's Leggie kid, yeah and your client. But I also am like, I want to share these things because I know that we all go through these things and it's sometimes I find a lot of comedy. As we know in the storm of motherhood. But I went to go pick up Leggie and Love from school yesterday and they again just reminding everyone we go just two days a week to tutorial, so we only need to keep ourselves together for.
Speaker 2: Two days out of the week.
Speaker 3: And we had a recent incident a couple weeks ago. At pickup, it was fine, sweet talking. They're wonderful, wonderful humans, and they approach everything with the most grace, like we are just so lucky.
Speaker 2: We have truly a sweet spot.
Speaker 3: However, I go to pick up Leggie yesterday, I'm intercepted in the middle of the lawn by our director and she says, I have to intercept you, and I go, nope, no, no, no, no, what did he do? And so I start to guess, which made it worse, and she said we just needed to have a talk because Leggie was telling the class he was drunk and then he had drugs.
Speaker 2: Oh what what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Wrote?
Speaker 3: And coming from the upbringing, I had ready to hear that.
Speaker 2: Did you ask him? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, And listen when President and I are both looking at each other like you guys, I can't even articulate how absolutely opposite my household is my husband's never done a drug in his life, literally, which I know is shocking to people. Like I've done more than he ever, he's never done anything. Like we're just drugs. Oh yeah, like the light ones. There's light ones.
Speaker 2: I don't know there are there are well like we.
Speaker 3: Yes, not like I've never done coke or anything like you guys. I read the dayre graduation speech, like, obviously a lot of.
Speaker 1: People don't say that weed is really drugs anymore. So I think that's the worst.
Speaker 2: I still think it's a drug, right, That's why I'm saying. That's why I'm saying to be Yea and ones and I'm like, there's I only have one, yeah, which I've never done. Okay, but yeah, see so like and Preston's like, they're just we don't even that's a big deal, Like we don't do I did that like a couple of times and I'm just not good at it.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I'm out good at it anyways. It's like he doesn't know what he's saying, you know. And Preston We've had to kind of chat it out at home. Preston's constantly we're running a record label. Ot of our home. Well, those calls in our industry are not super buttoned up, often not super professional, So there's words being throwd around, like we've we've had the talk, right, and he's never seen me drunk. I don't even know if I've really been drunk in his lifetime, Like you know, the ship is sailed. So anyways, we had to have this moment where we're sitting down and Preston and I are both looking at each other like, well, I will say this first. I could feel it come over me to my point earlier of living in a fence. I felt a certain way because I grew up that way and I'm cycle breaking, so it just felt deeply personal to me that we're even.
Speaker 2: Using terms like that.
Speaker 3: But then it was I was reminded by another friend who's just also grew up. Oh, She's like, listen, that's because he has no reference. So that's what makes this innocent and sweet and a mistake is because he you and I would never say those things because we were so deeply entrenched in trying to figure it out and holding all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, so we had to have a real chat yesterday. But it's also hard because I'm looking at his seven year old self with his forever teeth growing in in the front, and he's weeping because we are coming down hammer style and not not like aggressive at him, but just like this is what happens, Like we talk about biblically, like the tongue has power, it holds power, and you can't be saying things like this. If you were at a different school, this could be a very bigger issue, you know, like they have an obligation of file reports and call police and and mom and dad could be investigated, like you know, like Paus for a.
Speaker 1: Second, he said I have drugs?
Speaker 2: What words?
Speaker 3: Because he did, he said for a reason, look at me, I'm drunk, right, He's saying he heard it from someone else in college.
Speaker 2: Of course, these are these little Christian tator talks are just running around. They have no idea what they're saying. All the kids are running around saying things.
Speaker 3: And sure, we watch really great programming, but even back in our nineties sitcoms, we were still remember Jesse Spano, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyways, it was just I was just referencing if he said I have drugs, because that is a different well, and he did.
Speaker 2: If he says that in school, yeah, if.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm trying to tell him, right, it's like you know, saying bomb and the airplane, we just don't don't say that.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: Bomb? Why are we the way we are? Anyways? I don't want to dominate our time. I just had that real parenting moment where I was like, you know what, just speak a little life into the moms out there that we could be doing our very diligent best and still or will Ferrell want to be a son? Will say things like I'm drunk and is Christian Jesus school? He only tends eight hours a week?
Speaker 2: And he did? He say which friend he heard that? Funt? He did?
Speaker 3: And I actually texted the other mom and was just like, hey, this is didn't text the director. I'm not bringing anybody else. I'm responding to my client's issues only, but just wondering, like where it's coming from, because if he is somebody had heard it from legend, which of course they did, one of.
Speaker 2: Them did yesterday. I would want to know.
Speaker 3: So we checked in with each other and everyone's like, yeah, we don't really know, Like we couldn't get the origin of it, but well, I just would go back to he thought he would be funny. So that's the closure there is he was like, I don't. I mean you guys, it is the most heartbreaking moment where I'm looking at his life from thirty thousand feet and I'm like, I'm having this really serious talk with you at seven and I just you're just not this guy. And he's like, I just said it, and I thought i'd say it too and it would be funny. But his big tears and his forever teeth and they're so big, and he's got these big feelings and he's you know, like, yeah, is fake tattoos on his hands. And I was like, oh, buddy, like you're But also I had to drive the point home. They just don't know what they don't know. And I said, one of the biggest rules in our house is we don't say things we don't understand. And he doesn't understand that. So I was like, you broke a rule in the way that you don't understand what you're saying, and you're saying it and so it's not funny, it's serious.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's what's hard, because they don't know but also I do think that's why it's important for them to know.
Speaker 3: Right, And we've had the drugs and alcohol talk with love more so, but we've talked. I mean, you guys, I'm very open about the way I grew up and well, and also things are just more dangerous now. They're getting them at a young age. They could take they could try something.
Speaker 1: One time, Oh, we were talking about drugs and taking pills from people from like little little because they ever had Because the problem is now I've never even heard them say anything about it. No, And the only reason I did young was because of if someone at school were to say, oh, you a headache, here's an advill and it not really be an advil. Like my kids are not even allowed to technically take advill from people because just things can be laced. Now, it's just like a different ball game with fitneal can be an amy.
Speaker 2: I don't like taking the Adville from your little plastic bag. I'm like, we're exactly exactly that's what I will take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And because you know, there's just so many situations now where kids will you know, just take a pill they're given. And you know, I've talked about that and that's why we take and so that's why. So but also like tell me, like that's such a nat like hey, yeah, it's a conversation, like we can't say this, but like also like.
Speaker 3: Listen, the director was as sweet as she can be. She was as calm, and she was she can't dismiss it, right, and she wasn't going to.
Speaker 1: Saying I have drugs, but like you know, and you know what.
Speaker 2: I say, the kid needs a legal team.
Speaker 3: I mean, the kid is like, I'm like, come on, buddy, But also I did. I was thankful because I'd want to know and I just don't want him to be the kid that is getting that rep either that like he's saying that, you know, you can't never count on what he's gonna say, or.
Speaker 1: Like well I always had this situation. I mean, you know, some people don't drink in front of their kids at all. I do drink in front of my kids when I drink. I don't drink often, but I have. But for the longest time, Emmy would say are you getting drunk? And I and even at fourteen, I had to recently have a conversation with her and the difference, and it's very hard to explain because a any drink, she don't want them ever getting behind the wheel, obviously, But there is a difference between drinking and getting drunk, because she would say things like, oh, my mom's getting drunk, and I will have had a glass of you know, I'm like having a glass of wine, and I'm like, there's a very big difference. And when you go and tell someone my mom's getting drunk, there's a very big difference between that and I'm having a drink. Having said that, you also have to understand that having a drink makes you impaired though, so you can't drive, you can't do things even if you have one. It just gets so intricate, fine line. But for the longest time, she would say anytime any drink, anyone was having a drink. If she would have seen you having a glass of wine later, she would have been like, oh, Jana was getting drunk. Like that's just what she thought, you know what I mean, Like she only knew drunk. She didn't know the difference. It's like you drank, you were drunk, you know. So it's like also like teaching those little intricacies, you know. So like that kid that he heard it from might just know like kind of be the same way it is, just you know, they don't it can be.
Speaker 2: A lyric from a song like that's the thing. We were like, I mean, can you guys, it can be a million things that.
Speaker 3: They're hearing a million things like one j Z song and he's out you know, like it's yep. So and I and I wasn't shifting responsibility. I just looked at Preston and I was like, well, in your catalog there is a song called Drunk Drunk, Yeah, and you know, like they are exposed to these things and it maybe is confusing. So our encouragement is always just asked the question. That's a very good yeah, and we don't there's a rule in our house you never will get in more trouble, you get in less trouble if you tell the truth.
Speaker 2: So that's that is the number one yeah. Yeah, And so it just was a it will be worse if you lie, you.
Speaker 3: Know, And the life lesson was just I just was like, I mean I must have been the look on my face. She texted me last night to say, my heart is with your mama heart because I think I was just like what like and all the things I thought he would have said, this kid is coming from like the I don't know.
Speaker 2: It just was wild. So all the moms out there happened to us, all.
Speaker 3: Running that DARE program, not knowing that you needed to. It's seven years old. I just want you know I'm standing solidarity with you, and we in fact aren't drunk or doing drugs thereouse and only like drugs.
Speaker 2: Apparently I wanted to go back to damn made a light to drug.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not going to sit here in lie to the people. Of course, I've tried that, and I you know, I'm not proud. It wasn't great, and I just I'm not I don't do it, but it was just a wild time, but it did.
Speaker 2: I will say this.
Speaker 3: It felt really good to be able to say to him, you've never seen your parents drunk.
Speaker 2: And you can do don't do hard.
Speaker 1: So I don't really have to explain now between light drugs and hard drugs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you want me to have that talk with your kids? You feel like I'm the best to do that.
Speaker 3: Janna, would you like to pop in And we've talked about that as well. Aunt Kristen's here to tell you about light drugs.
Speaker 2: And our drugs. Damn it. Like I've got to chat about with my kids and we still haven't even had the yeah baby combo yeahs or anything. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, we just are living in a different world. So we're all just doing the best we tend to team. I mean, I just didn't see it coming. So of all the households, anybody else got a whine, I'm not going to, but I have to pin one, and I will not.
Speaker 2: Forget it because.
Speaker 3: To our earlier point, I don't know how to I don't know how to say it without it being a personal thing in people knowing and people listening.
Speaker 2: I'm going to whine about myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you know this is because then we're not going to offend anyone's Like, well, it does involve someone else, but it's you vend yourself great, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Really just like silly.
Speaker 1: But like we all know that I hate small talk, right, we all know that like small talk?
Speaker 2: Like just I'm.
Speaker 4: Processing this, Yes, like hate it, like yes, as much as I love that my kids do sports and like all the things like going and sitting and like talking to me, I have my cheer moms, I never want new ones.
Speaker 2: You know, just dabeakat cheer, don't talk to her. She doesn't want to talk to you. So that's my social cat. That's not my wine.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is my wine, is that it's not true that I don't want friends. It's that and so I shouldn't say that exactly. That's my wine.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you know it took me a while to get those, and then it just was kind of relatively easy, right, and it just kind of like, I don't know, it is in a social part of my life more, but it's with the awkward you know, someone broke the awkwardness.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It's a whole story.
Speaker 1: Anyways, I'm sitting at the softball field the other day and already, you know, I put that off, you know, I posted a meme one day and add everyone responding to me, like the moms from the softball teams, all the things, because it was basically like how much I hate small talk.
Speaker 2: I'm really not a bitch, but like I just act like it, you know.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so I'm sitting there obviously not talking to anyone but my family, and it's not like I don't like these people. That's the sad thing, you know, it's like I don't know them well enough to like them or.
Speaker 2: Not like them, right, and you never will.
Speaker 1: That's what I Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: And so I'm never going to have more friends. No, it's it's not that.
Speaker 1: But I'm sitting there and there's a sweet woman who I've talked to a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know. This is what she said a few things. She's really sweet.
Speaker 1: I try to insert myself the other day, but it's just awkward, like I need advice because I don't know how you just like, not justly looking at me. You're just really good at it. You're just you are. You're especially good at it. Okay, I think I'm especially in truth to be honest. That that's what I need, like a happy medium. I did try to insert myself the other day and then it just felt like awkward with this one mom.
Speaker 2: But she's super sweet.
Speaker 1: Anyway, We're sitting there and she goes, oh my gosh, she was like, so.
Speaker 2: She do nowhere? She goes, there was a pos.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she goes, So I listen to that podcast and I was like, oh gosh, okay, okay, all right, and she was like, but I never watched the videos before.
Speaker 2: And then I watched a video the other day and.
Speaker 1: She was like, and you're on the podcast right. So I literally sit there and I'm like, huh, and that was it.
Speaker 3: Well, Also, seven thousand things go through your brain when somebody says that they listen thousand things?
Speaker 2: How many things?
Speaker 1: Instead of saying those seven thousand things, I literally just shut down and I sat there and I was like, in my head, I was like, I seem like the biggest bitch. She listens to this and now she hates me, Like I hope you're listening today because I don't hate you.
Speaker 2: I don't know pleased out to me.
Speaker 1: I need your friend, Like I don't know what to say or to do. And it is the biggest like whine of mine lately, because I'm like, I'm forty two years old. How have I not figured out to how to follow up with someone I don't know when they are talking to me? Like that sounds so silly and so stupid. No, but it's it's bad.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's bad. I do think there's a something. A girlfriend and I just talked about this yesterday actually via voice memo. There's such a low tolerance at our age for like bringing someone into the fold maybe too, because I think we have established who we are, we know what we love.
Speaker 1: And I get that, but that's not necessarily where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Is it anything you're afraid of? I maybe not being included if or them maybe not.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's them not liking me or feeling like like I just don't know how to make the small talk. I don't know where to go make me How do I say, oh, my gosh, thanks for listening, because that doesn't feel natural to me.
Speaker 2: But that sounded natural, yeah, because it doesn't. I'm you know, like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like if I'm you, then like I don't know, but I'm just sitting here.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was just the most uncomfortable situation I've ever been in, and I was like, I really want to kind of be friends with this girl.
Speaker 2: So I think if you want to be friends with the person, to always respond back with a question, because then it sounds like you're interested you, you're interested in them, you know. I think that's so how long have you been listening to the podcast?
Speaker 3: Something I need to do, Like me, do.
Speaker 2: What I should have said? Do you love me or hate me? You should go back? So I literally it's a question, and that's a very true, authentic response. You want to talk to someone, it's if you end it with the period. Then the conversation it was just.
Speaker 1: An awkward laugh and then it was like she will never speak to me again.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: It's interesting though, because Alan and I have been talking about this because we're like we want to find it. Like we're interviewing couples friends, a couple of friends, couple friends to have, you know, like thinking about the lake and like who to come, and it's like, I love you girls, but like my husband had to take me to see Devil Wars PRODATU right, And I'm like this is a problem. Well it's also in me like come on, but I'm just like saying I'm like I I'm like, okay, who else can we kind of like around the same age or time to hang out or like you know, I was just talking to Ali Webb yesterday about you know, she's like, I'm looking for friends. I'm like, well, let's do it. Let's do it, you know, a double date with the husbands, and like, you know, it's just because it's but it's hard, you know, because I'm like, well, I don't you know, and then I'm like, I don't sometimes to know if people don't like me because I talk about it, maybe i'm podcast or so then I'm like, I get like the husband has to like the husband and the wife has and then it's like and then the kids got to like the kids, and it's the whole thing. And so but we are you know, I have been more talkative at the baseball games because I'm like, okay, great, like, you know, this person's son and jas are really close, and like the wife seems really cool and the dad seems cool. Like let's start talking to them and the like, you know, they can come visit the lake or you know, it's just getting more, you know. But it's also hard because the time as well. So yeah, but no, that's that's so true.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing, like I don't necessarily have even time to hang out with my friends. Yes, so it's not like and I see this is maybe where I come off bad. So it's not like I'm looking for friends for that. Yeah, but I don't want to be the mom sitting at the ball field talking to no one. Yea. I actually love being social once I get to know people, I mean, I hang out with those sheer, you know, we got really close because once I start talking to someone, I'm golden and like, I want to be social. I just got to get past that hump at forty two years old. It's hard, it's sad. I mean, that was the lady at Stargets and I were talking about it.
Speaker 2: She's like, it's just you can talk to someone at Starbucks. Yeah, she's you know, I was waiting for my chie and she's just like, how's your weekend? And I'm like, it's great, how's yours. She's like, well, I'm heading to California because I got my clients there, and so she moved here and she's like trying to find friends. But yeah, oh my gosh, I think I met definitely the odd house.
Speaker 1: She was the cutest little dress. I envy that, and y'all though I do, ye.
Speaker 2: Run on it. I'm gonna make so Kat and I are flying to New York next week. Okay, what are you doing? She's going to make her talk to the person next to her on the flight. Take video, Take video. It happened. I've met so many people on flights. Take video, or it never happened. Kramer nick Lache speaking of flights details his flight run in with Jessica Simpson twenty years after their divorce, so he confirmed too recently cross paths with wife ex wife sorry, Jessica Simpson on a flight to Hawaii. It was the first time they had seen each other in nearly twenty years since their divorce. That's crazy. Lache was traveling with his wife and children and Simpson with her mom. A strange husband and their children. I mean tea years.
Speaker 1: Can I ask a quick question now, did y'all see the interview or did you just read the clips? Did you see the class the clips? I didn't see an interview or whatever you mean with with what's his name? And and go was so funny to watch, So I didn't watch the whole thing, So give us the Rundown's just so funny because I mean, Nick was so respectful, yes, and he wasn't really meaning to walk into this, you could totally tell.
Speaker 2: But Andy kept asking questions and he was like, as he a good interviewer, B and.
Speaker 1: He was like but you could tell there was some like hesitancy in him, like responding, you know.
Speaker 2: So that's how he.
Speaker 1: Got exactly his wife well, and he too in every the whole situation, because then he got to the point that, you know, it gets to that because he was like, what about the kids, what about her husband?
Speaker 2: You know or whatever? I don't know if it talks about in this article, just says strangely, okay, yes, an appropriate response.
Speaker 1: But he kind of kept going and he's like, well, who else was there? Was your wife there? He was? So then he uncomfortably gets to the point that he's not real sure because they were in.
Speaker 2: A different class of service.
Speaker 1: Incredible interviewing it, and he was like trying to be respectful, but like he couldn't really fully answer his questions because essentially, without saying it, he was in first class with her and her mother, but the rest of them were not in first class.
Speaker 2: I think her kids because we're in the back. Yes, kids, and possibly is a husband ex husband, ex husband. Oh, Jesse is in first class with her mom.
Speaker 1: But he and he is asking him questions about like the rest of them, and he's like, I don't really know.
Speaker 2: He's like trying to avoid it.
Speaker 1: And he was like because they were, you know, And so he finally got to it and he was like, oh, so they were sitting in the back.
Speaker 2: It was just it was. It really made me laugh. He was very respectful.
Speaker 3: I kept thinking, what would it be like to be a flight attendant and see the flight manifest come through and be like, oh, Jackpot. I mean, I mean this is incredible. I mean a reunion, closed quarters, oxygen masks are available, incredible, so good, incredible.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I thought it it was all sweet. It was nothing was like malicious or anything. I just thought it was really funny.
Speaker 2: It's more wild to me that they haven't seen each other in twenty years. What's crazy to me? How they haven't seen each other in twenty years? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do they forgive me for not knowing this? Do they live completely different.
Speaker 2: In La? Well? I thought they were. I mean they were in Hawaii for a bit for her show. Yeah, I'm just wondering.
Speaker 1: In Nashville, So that's probably why I was gonna say. I mean, if you're like going.
Speaker 2: Clue, that's true, that's true, and she lives but she's here all the time. So I mean think about that one x for you guys. Would it be weird to run into that personally? I know your person I had I know years. Was it happened at that restaurant? I hadn't been nine Yeah, it had been nine years, nine years and it was twenty. You've just been twenty yeah, and you never was. What would you do? Like I would die? Was local? It's local? No, No, he's not local? Okay, but like, would you say anything? I would even know?
Speaker 1: Would you just I don't even know? Finally, probably gosh, I don't know. Five to ten years ago, not ten years ago, five to seven. We finally had like a cordial like exchange over email, right, yeah, like over like someone had passed away and so but I had seen you.
Speaker 2: Nick, I'm curious, Well, Nick, he doesn't care, but I don't remember. Would you care if he reached out to an X? Nah? No, not like that.
Speaker 1: He I mean he had he does like she had someone in her family, like and I knew that he like it's so that doesn't bother me in the least, But I can't remember he knows that I've reached out through because I mean there have been exchanges where I've been like, I'm so sorry that so and so this happened like crickets like Reddit not responding to you, like still hated me, and big he still hates me.
Speaker 2: So, I mean he doesn't care. But now since that was a cordial five percent years, maybe then maybe it would be.
Speaker 1: Like had I not gotten that, I would have kept on walking. I think, wow, he would have kept on walking for sure.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: But now I don't know. But twenty years, I don't even know if i'd recognize him. Wow, really, because I don't follow him on I mean, i'd recognize them, but I don't really follow him on socials anymore.
Speaker 2: At our age, a lot changes in twenty years. So twenty years, Yeah, it's wild. So anyway, that's crazy. I hadn't really thought about that tone.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well, now you better prepare something small talk, you better prepare something.
Speaker 2: Oh, I won't know what to do. I have a little speech prepared to do. Pocket Kramer, what would you do? I mean, you guys know me. I'd be like, hey, uh huh, you know, I mean, yeah, funny thing happened on Easter. Actually, oh, we never talked about this.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm really glad we're bowing back and resurrect it.
Speaker 2: Indeed, goingead, I still don't know what happened. So we do this thing where if I don't have the kids, and honestly, it's selfishly, I set this up because I love to go to church service with my kids on holidays, and you know, I've offered on my year when I have the kids and he doesn't for him to join us for church. So this year it was my Easter and was like, hey, we're going to nine o'clock church. You're more than welcome to come if you'd like to come, right, So he's like, great, awesome, I'll get there early and save seats for us. So he saved a seat for Alan me and you know himself, right, So then this is already golden so which again is really sweet to that Alan is you know, he's listen.
Speaker 3: It's amazing of all three of you. Yeah, truly, it takes a lot of maturity from all three of you.
Speaker 2: I just know too. On the flip side, like when it's his year, he graciously does the same thing too, and it's nice to have that time. Absolutely, you know, even though the kids aren't with us in the service, well for Christmas Eve they are, but for Easter they're their little class. But still just to be in the same building and do that is amazing. But so it was completely packed, right, completely packed. So it was Alan me Mike was to my left. There was two seats open to his left in walks an X. I knew this is where this was going, not saying who I knew it, and literally Mike's and Mike and Allan's face. I mean it was Mike was like, there's a spot rating no, and obviously they saw and they said shook heads and where else, you know, Like they didn't shake their heads no to us, but like obviously, you know, they went somewhere else or whatever. But I would have been like, go ahead, don't you know what I mean, I don't care, But the look on Mike's face and then I know I saw Alan and Mike's like should we love them? And I'm like no, Like this is so like I'm like and I was like sure, but I just like laughed. But but what I honestly loved about it was that, well, a I'll always be kind to an ex whether you know, no matter what, I'll always say hello or smile or whatever. But it was that we could sit there and laugh about it, Yeah, Alan laugh, Me laugh, and Mike laugh. And then also to be in the same road together, yeah, was like this is beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beyond that too, I like that everyone knows that's an ex because there's a lot of instances where there would be exces floating around and no one may even know, not you, but like just in general, right, So it's kind of just fun to me that everyone is like oop.
Speaker 1: I just know that if I were in that church service and I knew who you were and I.
Speaker 2: Saw all those people sitting in the.
Speaker 1: Line, I would have been like firing up literally gold little secret picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was hysterical. It was really funny though, because it was just like his look to me, like.
Speaker 3: Mike, Yeah, Mike would play right into it, he'd love it.
Speaker 2: But it was funny. But I also then just was like, this is pretty cool that we can all sit here and the maturity and get through the surface together because it's like everyone's happy, everyone's doing their own thing, and I just love that for everyone, which is why I'd be so fine if I ran into anybody. I don't think m I'm like, I'm trying to think. I don't think there would be anybody that I would run away from. I mean, I say hi and run, yeah, but it's just so awkward. Throws the starbucks.
Speaker 1: He hated me though, out of that story another day, good story.
Speaker 2: We're gonna pin that. If we don't, we'll forget a good one to tell. Okay, Lord, twenty year old me. I think it's good though. What's good that we're pinning it? Then we'll talk about it because I think there'll be something that there's a lot from that. I bet I know good. I like it. Hey, ladies, I'm thirty two and recently got out of a long term relationship of six years Eke. The hardest part is that our lives were completely intertwined. We share the same friend group, so I see him at birthdays, dinners, and even casual hangouts. My best friend since college is dating his best friend, so it's hard to escape. I want to move on and start dating again, but every time I put myself out there, I compare new people to him or feel guilty like I'm replacing our relationship too quickly. I also can't picture how our mutual friends will act if I bring someone new around him. Any advice, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you can't really control everybody else's reaction to it, but I think people can surprise you in good ways too.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm kind of negative Nancy sometimes, but it is fun when somebody brings a new person around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, like remember when we got Alan. Yeah, we love when new people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm just saying like, it's like I only use that example because before that, it's been forever since our friends were like you know, since we've.
Speaker 2: Been trying to think. But like, it's so fun to get a new person.
Speaker 3: And I would hope that there is to the earlier points of maturity in that too, that like, you know, it didn't work out, we can all still be around each other. But I know also the quickness feeling of like how I be it's just so heavy and so real, how I be perceived?
Speaker 2: What would they add on that? Overthinking on that part, I totally get. I would be the absolute same way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think we put so much pressure on that when other people aren't thinking that deeply into it as it just rights.
Speaker 2: I want you to be happy, yeah exactly. Yeah, I want you to move on. And now if they don't like the guy, that that's the problem us again. Maybe no, maybe we will. We will give you a chance.
Speaker 1: Maybe we will give you a chance, But then you've got to.
Speaker 3: We're always kind. Yeah, but we also can smell and we can smell it. Oh my god, remember that one where you're like, no, I mean there was a.
Speaker 2: Couple more specific and then I would just give it a game. But I can think about five right now. I just had to. I just had to, okay the top. Anyways, Well, guys, we're not helpful. She should bring.
Speaker 3: I think it's exciting to bring. Remember that those people new friends are fun too, and they want to see you happy. And if they don't want to see you happy, that's a bigger conversation. They want to see you. Yeah, I think it's just and go.
Speaker 2: You should date.
Speaker 3: Well, you still have your collagen and your high boobs. You should be out there living your best life.
Speaker 2: Amen. Bye bye s