Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety seven, Episode three of DIR Daily Like Guy Yay production of iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep bab into america shared consciousness. And it is Thursday July twenty seventh, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: National Scotch Day, National Love Is Kind Day, National Intern Day, National Korean War Veterans arm is this day? National New Jersey Day, Shout out New Jersey, I fuck with the Guarden's Day, National Chili Dog Day. Also like Chili Dogs, National Refreshment Day, National Friends my birthdee too.
Speaker 1: So this is like, all of these things hold special significance to me. Chili dog, Kita, chili dogs, Jersey.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, I love a chili dog.
Speaker 1: They designed all the national days around it being my birthday.
Speaker 2: So is your birthday today? That's my birthday.
Speaker 1: Thursday July twenty seventh, twenty twenty three. Shit, look at us, ah, look it up.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday, Thank you boy. I'm sorry. I didn't even I like how you brought that a real casual and then I felt like an asshole. I'm like, oh shit, it's your birthday, son.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason I ever bring it up is I bring it up at the end of a conversation, okay, to make the person feel bad.
Speaker 3: Let me see what I got here for your birthday son. You know I didn't forget about you. How about tooth? How about oh this this avy display cleaner for your monitor and this microclock.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka. She put the rock in the cookie, though, and bake all up. She put the stones in the cookies. Now your teeth are not together. Put the stone in the cookie. Now you got a toothcap. Put the stone in the cookie. Now called the Dennis woke them up and said, ain't there nothing that can take I said for pet bull chip cookie break. That is courtesy of Blinky Hack on the Discord. The idea of pebbles being in my cookies has permanently fucked up cookies for me.
Speaker 2: I'm doing all my beating cookies for.
Speaker 1: At least a couple hours, and I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Ground Miles.
Speaker 4: Gray, the Lord of Lancaship, North, Hollywood's finest aka the Crunkista Door aka christopherus aka Vascald Ganja aka Keith Erickson aka Captain James Cush.
Speaker 5: Shout out that, scouty one goosal Yeah, Scotty mcgo, shout out to you. Shout out to Kevin I believe from Houston who pulled up to me at the Arsenal event last night and you're like, hey, man on second.
Speaker 2: Ship, good to see you. Thank you were in an arsenal event last night. Yeah, they're in town. My boys are in town. You know, there was a little there was my baby party. Yeah, so I got to I got to meet some of the players, like from the Wired players. Yeah, yeah, I met Romford, the Romford Pela. Is that because you're du Gaspar Gilberto Silva?
Speaker 1: Is that because you're a personality an influencer, or is that because you're like the one on the fan club.
Speaker 2: It's more like I've been part of like the La Arsenal scene for a long time, so you know, it's pretty cool. Got my ear to the streets. Congratulations, we do fun things well, Miles.
Speaker 1: We are absolutely thrilled and blessed to be joined by a brilliant director, actor. One of the hosts of the podcast Fraudsters on the Last Podcast Network it's Sina goes.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You for joining us.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, please part of my small dog that's losing his mind from someone ringing the doorbell. Oh no, I don't mind. I have a pregnant wife, so at any moment, she could go to labor.
Speaker 2: Oh really, but you know what is it?
Speaker 1: And you're also balancing a giant layer cake, like a five layer cake?
Speaker 7: How long do you have after the water breaks? Three hours? How long is this show? I think we'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're fine. Overrated? How big a deal that ship is? How uncomfortable is bro.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 6: Labor?
Speaker 2: We're all guys here, we get talking. Doesn't like that about right? You're laying down the whole time. You're laying down the whole time. Wow? Wait, so are you Birth is imminent? Labor?
Speaker 6: Birth is eminent.
Speaker 7: We are at term now for our second son, and he is a masculine child. Yes, and so we're very excited. Any any moment now, but we'll see.
Speaker 1: Maybe the chest hair shows up on the scan.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, the hair does show up.
Speaker 7: My My wife is Japanese and I'm Iranian American, and lordie, this will be the hairyest Japanese boy anyone has ever seen.
Speaker 2: Or the Japanese This couldn't I'm half Japanese too, famously can't grow a beard, so we'll see where that goes. It's funny, there's famously the Japanese Iranian mix is not rare. Yeah, I've heard about it's to people it might sound like, but as a Japanese person, I'm like, I know that there's a lot of rantings in Japan and like you don't think about you Darvish the picture also Iranian Japanese. You know we're out here.
Speaker 7: Great culture, Japanese cause great culture.
Speaker 1: I don't know how rare the my life is Korean. I don't know how rare the Irish Korean is.
Speaker 2: I feel like I think I think I think you may be Okay, Okay, you think there's I think there's just feel like Korean. The Koreans would rarely stoop to our Irish level, but maybe there are such things as military basis. Yeah, you know, there's a lot of guys. It's like because Karen O from the yeah, yeah, yes, I believe she's Polish, American and Korean. Okay, I think that was potentially like a you know, a military love thing. So I don't know anyway, all that to say, all the permutations are out the mazzle, sir, thank you. Yeah, but dude, maybe the same birthdays you Jack, You don't yeah, look at that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so when's your birthday today?
Speaker 1: July twenty seventh, Happy birthday, incredible, thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much. But well the birth of your child would overshadow that immediately.
Speaker 6: So yeah, absolutely, yeah, we'll.
Speaker 2: Get we'll get the hold it hold.
Speaker 6: Both the names on the sheet cake, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Sina, we're going to get to know you a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: First, we're going to tell our listeners just a couple of the things we're talking about. You know, your show is Fraudsters. We're gonna talk We're going to kick off with a fraudster, the border Wall fundraising grifter, who just got five years for you know, they weren't the mastermind, but they they put in work and made quite a bit of money off of the border Wall grift. We are going to talk about it being firing time at the Florida fash Factory. Myles wonderful headline, great alliteration, love it Trump is now begging Congress to help him. You pointed out in your right up of this that like the his sing uncomfortable is the thing like that, that's the thing that is like, oh so maybe this is real.
Speaker 2: That's the only thing I can make sense of, because yeah, other than that, like for me, you could say, like you got fifty seven hundred indictments, I'm like, I don't care. But he's he's sweating.
Speaker 1: He seems to be sweating, Yeah, losing the minimal amount of sleep that he gets. Right, and Fulton seems imminent, seems like it's going to be august ish, and Fulton looks bad. So well we'll talk about all that and then we'll get into well, I'm gonna just fucking jam through those ones because I want to get to the UFO hearings because yeah, that's all I care about too.
Speaker 2: It's just just reading when when they released his opening statement yesterday and just reading the text, I got goosebumps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's also like saying like, yeah, I know exactly where these crafts are, Like I know their locations.
Speaker 2: It's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: But there's also like some some weird congressional I don't know like that what one guy like started questioning him. I was like, so you're saying that, like funds you that we earmarked for weapons are being used for other things. Like it's like the most boring approach to right, Like you know, just the congressional interviewing, It's like they're interviewing a ghost and like asking if it is aware its chain rattling was violating sound ordinances.
Speaker 2: There's a fucking ghost in front of you that ye like, Oh no, no, hold on, he's not dressed properly.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, sir. All of that plenty more. But Soina, before we get to any of that bullshit, we do need to know what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 6: Oh? Lord, this is very this is very vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Why we ask it?
Speaker 7: So the other day I googled Matthew Lillard Hackers because I don't know if you guys know the movie Hackers from the nineties, and ya, Joelee Matthew Lillard. So my production company is called zero Cool, and I've always been obsessed with that movie. And zero Cool is like, you know, the handle of the main character there. And this coming weekend on July twenty ninth Last Podcast Network is launching their Twitch stream and we're doing a grindhouse, so we're like the MTV's the Grind.
Speaker 6: We're doing a whole twelve hour sabath on thing.
Speaker 7: And because I'm about to have a child, they were like, see you get thirty minutes, what do you want to do? And there's a green screen there, And I'm gonna do a mixed reality session, so people are gonna come in and do VR and we're gonna film it and it's gonna be this third person thing. But the character I'm gonna play is like Matthew Lillard from Hackers, as I'm obsessed with that kind of cyberpunk approach and that esthetic, and so I was trying to research that and I don't know what I'm gonna do. I don't do you know, uppers anymore that make me look like I'm cracked out.
Speaker 6: All the time, because that's what he looks like in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to get that look, Yeah, it's tough. Remind me.
Speaker 1: Obviously, I'm very intimately familiar with Matthew Lillard and Hackers, as is everyone listening, But remind me, what, what's his whole deal? He's like kind of on uppers.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he is just yeah if the friend, the friend that just got out of the bathroom after ripping lines and there just teeth are big and his eyes are big.
Speaker 6: He's got these tiny little sunglasses.
Speaker 2: And possibly small sunglasses. Yeah, yeah, I knew.
Speaker 1: So we did a live show for the year two thousand with a friend of the show, Jamie Loftus, and she wore tiny little hacker sunglasses and I was like, I know that's a reference that I get. I just can't remember the specific character.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, it's Matthew Lillard.
Speaker 6: And those are hard to find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, those specific ones are it turns out. Yeah, And then to give you contact, you do those little braids that he had to.
Speaker 6: Well that's the thing.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'd have to probably do some corn rows, which you know that's problematic these days. You know, may just do a wig, but I could do you know, some exposed chest thing with some weird leathers, some straps, maybe wear some roller blades.
Speaker 6: Who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what is uh? Roller blades are coming back in a huge way. I feel like after Barbie's dominance of the box office world.
Speaker 6: Did you guys go to roller blade parties or like skating.
Speaker 2: Parties when you were a kid. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to roller skating parties and fell repeatedly because that was the only time I ever roller skated. I ended up with like a giant like breast on one of my arms from falling over and over and like there's it's still discolored to this debt, like.
Speaker 2: Yes, thirty years later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like a giant like filled like just welt that was the size of a breast, like it was created.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, okay.
Speaker 7: I mean my parents always tried, you know, their immigrants is like that, so they're trying to like get you to know all the American things.
Speaker 6: Total blind spot.
Speaker 7: Never knew that I had to like learn how to skate or anything like that, and so my first every skating party was a complete disaster for me.
Speaker 6: Clinging to them.
Speaker 1: Miles was out there doing work. Oh yeah, they're getting loose.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I'd be like, oh, Sina June, did you fall down baby? Because I'm skating backwards and this shit because I played hockey, motherfucker, I'm out here. Yeah, insufferable ill.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I love those TikTok videos of the world bounds guys, though they're like, oh, like in their mid forties or fifties, and they're just kind of insig doing that. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: I can never yeah, never, ever, what's something that you think is overrated?
Speaker 6: DIY projects?
Speaker 7: Do you ever watch those YouTube videos and it's like the guys I was doing backyard work and he's like.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna level the sand out with a couple of little PBC pipes and so two by four and then you're just gonna wrap it up for the day and then come back in. They never show you what happens afterwards.
Speaker 7: They didn't show you, like the couple's therapy that that man had to go into after he ignored his wife for two days. And so my wife looks at these and we tried to do a backyard project and it's not the same.
Speaker 6: I looked at these.
Speaker 7: You it looks so easy. All of a sudden, it's like one hundred and five degrees. I'm holding like a fifty pounds two by two concrete paver and I'm like, I don't know how to level this sand. This was a total mistake. She's pregnant, she doesn't she can't hate. She literally can't help.
Speaker 6: And so she's just trying to tell me what to do. I was like, you don't know how hard this is, and cut to.
Speaker 1: We're carrying something heavy around for a long period of time.
Speaker 7: I did what it like, and then cut to we're like yelling at our couples therapists, like you don't even know what's going on in this backyard. It's like it almost ruined us just this one tiny backyard project.
Speaker 6: I was like, these.
Speaker 7: DIY videos are all scamps. They don't show you the editing, they don't show you anything.
Speaker 2: Else that happens.
Speaker 7: How many takes did he have to do to get that level sand I don't know.
Speaker 2: They also don't show the decades of work and repetitions these people put in to make it look so fucking You're like, well, that guy just did it in one thing. It's like, but he's doing all these computations as he does it that he's not even describing in the video. Because I feel like all the time, I'm like, oh, this would be easy if I, like had actual carpentry skills.
Speaker 7: It's not just like like a master apprentice of some kind. You know, I didn't know any of this stuff. I mean I went to law school.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 6: I can write, I can pinch zoom on a touch screen. I can do that very well. I mean that's one of the mass thet.
Speaker 2: Can we see that index and thumbing? Look at that dramatic that the hand that hand he just snapped on that zoom. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, Every every DIY project, every cooking thing takes me three times as much as the time estimate. Like I I don't know what's wrong with me, but I am just so slow. I have to like watch it, watch it again.
Speaker 2: I'm old. I think is possibly what it is.
Speaker 1: But even like I have a bowling as recipe that is I'm pretty good at. I've been making it since you know, I was in my early twenties, and it doesn't get any faster. It's just three hours, all right, this is what we're doing all afternoon. Just don't come in the kitchen because I'm gonna be in there being very slow. I also like listen to like I don't I don't ever want to focus on the DIY products I'm doing, you know, I want to like listen to a book. I want to like to say yeah, you know, like catch up on some emails that are probably the problem, right.
Speaker 6: The information age has given us this false sense of yes, the information is out there, and that means you can achieve whatever it's kind of conveying to you. And that's not that's not true.
Speaker 7: Like you shouldn't be doing these things, Like I can't do a wall installment of a cabinetry thing just because they did like an eight minute.
Speaker 6: YouTube video about it. No, don't do that. Why should I do that? It's not the right thing for me to do.
Speaker 2: What is u? What's something that you think is underrated? Okay, here we go. Oh speaking of here we go. Wow, we got a baby, the geist child cometh.
Speaker 6: Hold is that baby?
Speaker 2: Oh he's about to be six months?
Speaker 6: Oh so cute?
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy, what's up? Man? Hi? Look at those cheeks. Look at that baby? Oh my god, what I mean?
Speaker 1: Truly the most beautiful baby.
Speaker 2: He's like a Pixar a little baby. He is like a little Pixar baby. He has like big, like goofy animated eyes.
Speaker 1: He just beautiful, wide open, attentive eyes.
Speaker 2: Okay, you be quiet. Here, take that, Take that. Take that. See what is something that you think is underrated? Okay?
Speaker 6: Here we go here targeted Instagram ads.
Speaker 7: We we say all the negative things about our privacy, about how we're giving the billionaires everything. But and I'm so happy we're talking about the stuff we're having today because I wore my UFO slippers that I got on Instagram that are so comfortable, so amazing, immediately downloaded or immediately bought them with like three taps of my thumb.
Speaker 6: I think they just know. Instagram just knows. And I hate it that they know.
Speaker 7: I hate that Mark Zuckerberg is responsible in some form for all this stuff.
Speaker 2: But as senator, it's like they're good.
Speaker 6: They get me clothes, shoes, you know.
Speaker 1: How to and I spend very little time on Instagram and they they're pretty good already, like a cannemet. Well, it's also probably because they have access to all information across everything that I'm doing, but yeah, they're pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Whenever I'm impressed, they're like, hey, you like old rap and bast Ball, don't you? And I'm like, I guess, well, check this T shirt out that's combining these aesthetics, and I'm like, go on, it's truly. Yeah, it is a little I get angry though, too, because I'm like part of me wants to feel like some sense of pride as if like I could shake the algorithms or something that just don't mind that that's the guy's child just cooing because he also agrees that Nikes, basketball and hip hop go hand in hand. But yeah, like sometimes I'm like, maybe I should just look at weird shit to throw the algorithm off so it can stop giving me such just oddly specific advertisements. But yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 7: Then they were saying like, we don't listen, and now there's like a setting on your iPhone to make it literally stop listening, and so there's so now it's like, well they it's all out now, it's all just be honest. We're listening, and you know what, you like it when we listen. You may say you don't like it when we listen, but you.
Speaker 6: Like it when we listen.
Speaker 7: We serve you up that wonderful tailored wooden spoon that you've been waiting to get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tailored, wouldn't say maybe I need to spend more.
Speaker 2: Time on Instagram.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We'll talk fraudsters, we'll talk to UFOs. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're and the border wall fundraising grift was real and the people who pulled it off are now facing jail time. One of the we Build the Wall fundraising campaign hucksters just received the highest sentence yet for the scheme. He's going to spend over five years in jail. This is Timothy Shea of Castle Rock, Colorado, which makes him one of the most notorious Castle Rock residents not created by Stephen King and other defendants had previously pled guilty and received three years and four years. Steve Bannon meanwhile pled not guilty in is a waiting trial, So that we're was my heart a little bit to it. Maybe him reading this headline today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fuck fuck fuck, he went down to, Yeah, Yeah, I mean it's a I shouldn't be a surprise considering that this was such a clear fucking scam from the beginning. Yeah, but I'm again surprised that this ended up with people having to answer for their crimes. Yeah, pleasantly surprised by that.
Speaker 1: He pocketed approximately one hundred and eighty thousand dollars and was you know, it was a scheme to defraud hundreds of thousands of donors, so small donations from people who couldn't afford it, and he was just like, yes, thank you. He also helped wunder the money through various shell companies, so he knew what he was doing and did it badly, So congratulations to him. Is this one of the fraudsters you're covering, you guys cover.
Speaker 6: We covered a little bit of this in between the seasons.
Speaker 7: We do these like fraud wires, which are like news stories that coke order to this. We did it when it kind of like the earlier criminal complaints came down for this story, and I love it because it relates to a lot of other things that we've covered. We actually did last season. We started with campaign fraudsters and Trump was one of them. And one of the things that I think, don I know, I know, do we need a pregnant pause on the show?
Speaker 2: Just let me that's a baseless accusation. Do we need a disclaimer?
Speaker 6: I don't want to get you guys in legal trouble here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But the thing is, you know, I think the corporate media has done a disservice to us to a certain extent because they've chased everything, but they kind of don't talk about the boring stuff that's actually illegal. And so this is one of a great example of this was a slam dunk from the beginning. You invited people to donate to something that was supposed to be a nonprofit and all this stuff, and then they didn't even try to hide it. They funneled this money out to a for profit enterprise within seconds. It was like someone was hit immediately as the donations were coming in, just to get them out of the account. There was another great example of Donald Trump during the herschel Walker Raphael Warnock runoff, and Trump would send out these emails to raise money for herschel Walker. You'd be subscribed to the Trump campaign. You get an email raise money for herschel Walker. Let's do it, And so you click like donate to herschel Walker. You go to a page you would talk about Trump. It would talk about herschel Walker and say do you want to donate? Absolutely all right, So you hit one click on your thumb, right, two clicks on your thumb.
Speaker 6: You're at the donation page. And what does it have? It has two fields.
Speaker 7: One is donate to the Donald Trump campaign and then a field with you could put in a number, and then the below is a field for oh, donate to the herschel Walker campaign. But in the two fields where you put in the dollar amount, it's pre populated in the Donald Trump field with one hundred dollars and nothing in the herschel Walker field.
Speaker 6: So you're just don't they know.
Speaker 7: People are just gonna be slapping their thumbs just like I do on my targeted Instagram ads. They're just slapping their thumbs really quickly, and they're just gonna scam their way into donating Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: It's instead of getting a cool pair of UFO slippers, they get to give their money to donate to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Or a Wu Tang clan nixt Jersey. Oh did you really tell me? Yeah? Oh yeah, we did that on in person. We did that one person. But I'm not gonna lie that. I saw those the outcast one got served to me on the internet, and I was like, I, between Jack and I, we honored our nineties wrap basketball lovey.
Speaker 7: At the end of the day, do you there's a part of me that does feel our show is all about vulnerable populations that get taken advantage of financially, and you can't. I mean, this is gonna sound terrible, but the Trump supporters are a vulnerable population, and they've been scammed and they've been taking advantage of Yes they're racist, Yes they're programmed to hate people and stuff like that for Fox News and stuff. But they are a susceptible group of people to influence and they have gotten scammed over and over and over again.
Speaker 6: It's just seventy four million of them, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, you hate to see it.
Speaker 1: You just don't hate to see it quite as much as you do with other vulnerable populations.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My case.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of vulnerable populations, the fascists who are for Ron DeSantis, the job security is not great, not at this moment.
Speaker 2: It turns out it's like I said, like you said at the top, it's sole of fire in time down at the Florida fash factory. Because you know, recently, earlier this week, Desanta's assured supporters and donors He's like, okay, look, I'm firing a third of my staff because it's part of a retooling, a great reset, if you will, to make my campaign leaner and meaner, to be this like insurgent campaign to defeat Donald Trump. Yeah, okay, whatever, But anyway, one of the people who got caught up in the layoffs was his speech writer, guy named Nate Hawkman. And at first you're like, okay, fine, a speech writer got laid off, sure, But if you look deeper, you realize that this guy was a fucking Nazi fanboy on the payroll who contributed a ton of articles to the National Review. Was like, you know, talking all the time about like how dope Nick Fuentes is and like other groyper bullshit, and also got semi famous for gushing over how Tucker Carlson like called him once because he was having a bad time, I think because he was like outed as a Nazi. And it's also becoming clear that this guy was the one who not only shared a video that came out recently with a fucking sonen Rad or sun Wheel, which is like a huge part of like Nazi white supremac psychonography that had DeSantis like super imposed on it, this guy is the fucking person who made it. At first, they made it seem like they were just sharing something from a fan, but now we find out it was coming from inside the house. And it's not clear if it's the same dude behind the other weird ass videos we've seen come out of Ron DeSantis's camp. Yeah, but yeah, yeah, just completely off the wall, like weird covers of Kate Bush running up the hill, like just all kinds of weird. Like last couple of video has been really weird too, But I have a feeling it probably a good chance it may have been this guy too, because of the Groyper aesthetic and just like the sort of shit posty vibe of all the videos. And yeah, you know, not good news for Ron right now.
Speaker 1: He seems pretty fucked, like pretty well fucked. Like every mainstream media, every every outlet has just agreed that he's fucked, which might be the best thing for him. I still don't think he's going to succeed, but probably needs to completely retool or do something to change the trajectory. I think the biggest problem being that he's just a fucking He's just the least charismatic human being you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, try and commune from how the least charismatic Nazi out Yeah yeah, how they're usually really animated. But yeah, I think I think it's Yeah again, it's it's having like the charisma of like a Manila envelope and also just having no one on your staff who has like any kind of real campaign experience from what like I've heard, there's not he's like hired people who'd say things that are not yes, you know basically, And so I think he probably saw this, you know, this young guy, and he's like, hey, you're a young can you make some cool videos that will resonate? But little did he realize, like this guy, this kid is just like a like a four Chan shit poster type mentality. So you know, the videos that come out were only really resonating with other racist weirdos and not so much expanding a bass.
Speaker 6: I would say, nice guy, Nate, Are you kidding me? Nice guy Nate?
Speaker 7: He did this nice nice guy, Nay, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 7: The Ron DeSantis is like there's this I can't remember where I read. It was like this chart of like his likability after the first time you meet him, and then it just like plummets after that because like in the news you see him do this thing like he's going after Disney, and there's a certain part of the population it's like, oh yeah, and then you like.
Speaker 6: Me and like this guy kind of blows he's so boring.
Speaker 7: And then if you even see all the videos that I normally am not like, okay, if they don't have a professionally run campaign, their toast, right. We got Donald Trump because of that. But he's good at the media. This guy is awful. Every video you see of him, he's got this weird robot laugh.
Speaker 2: He's like staring.
Speaker 7: His eyes are looking too big, you know, you can see the whites of people's eyes too much. It's like a huge flag. He like, it's just he's looking too intensely at people, and.
Speaker 6: No one can go like connect with him.
Speaker 7: I haven't seen him kiss one baby either, which I think is another flag.
Speaker 2: One thing I've seen him is wipe snot on a guy's shoulder, like the one of him at a fundraise. He like wipes his nose like aggressively and then just like pats this guy who's sitting down on the shoulder.
Speaker 7: You're like, you just okay, sir, it will be the most normal thing he's done.
Speaker 1: Watching him try and like palor around with people and diners is worth Like it's just him showing up at a diner and just yeah, laughing way too hard at like nothing and just freaking out, like not being able to eat any of the food because he's on like some strict Hollywood diet. But he's like trying to be like man of the people, sugar man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me that cheeseburger. Okay, where's my spit bag?
Speaker 6: You like peppers in your home fries?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No onions, No onions in my in my home fries. Please, I can't handle it. They acid is too much for me. And no potatoes either. Wait. Wait, what do you want like the red Yeah, just the green bell pepper. Wait, what do you have? A warm bowl? One ladle of chicken broth and uh cumin. He spices it up a little bit.
Speaker 1: I bet he's hung out with Gwyneth Paltrow before. Maybe, I mean he has.
Speaker 2: I would sooner believe that rather than Ron de Santa's being in some kind of like Hollywood goop scenario, that Gwyneth Paltrow would have been at Guantanamo Bay for some reason secret weapon. Yeah, like that's where they hung out. Like or she's like, oh yeah, this is just give me a lot. I love the aesthetic here.
Speaker 6: Those prisoners need to moisturize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she actually uses tears as moisture. It's like there there's something about the content of torture tears that she uses to and then she just enters the room and all the moisture gets sucked out of them and like goes under her body.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I've got this great idea for a new baby baby shampoo guanteer, no moores.
Speaker 1: Tear, no wars, oh shit, trademark that just baby shampoo, baby shampoof. All right, and then Trump seems uncomfortable. Yeah, a lot of people over on the right seeming uncomfortable. I feel like we're it's always a big news story, like, especially when the Democrats aren't in the White House, the like Democrats in disarray. They're like freaking out and like wondering what to do and no candidate is coming forward and pulling it together. I feel like we're getting the pub the Republicans in disarray folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's yeah, it's kind of freaking out.
Speaker 1: It took a lot to get the media there. But I think they're kind of also being like these guys kind of stink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it wasn't the part where they were talking about how they thought Lauren Bobert and Marjorie Taylor Green would to start fist fighting at any moment, everything's all good over there. But yeah, last time we checked with Trump, he was screaming on truth social or rather like uploading full, like three page PDF rants about his legal issues. Again, that's the guy's child. You hear mooning back there, So that's should say, hello.
Speaker 1: Hi, capture that it's a drop, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Teaching everybody about the shitty former president. So right now, you know, like he was talking about how we felt that. Okay, there's obviously an indictment coming based on how much screaming he's doing on social and whether that's the DC like overturning the election case or the RICO in Fulton County, Georgia yet to be seen. But he's clearly in give me attention and money mode right now, which makes perfect sense because a lot of the reporting suggest all these cases not even you can just imagine all these cases require a lot of expensive lawyers, especially the ones that have like specific curity clearances and can deal with the kinds of issues that Trump has. So that's one issue for him. And also like these semi veiled threats he's been making the last couple of weeks, as it relates to his supporters that they're very passionate, and I'd hate for something bad to happen. I know you would hate for something bad to happen to you, guys. Child, there doesn't seem to be like that groundswell of the Maga freakouts that we had leading up to January sixth, although he's trying desperately to try and create that atmosphere. So now he is asking Congress to please help me, and I'm just gonna play this clip.
Speaker 1: That you are sorry, and I do just want to acknowledge that. I mean, that was crazy. So during when Miles was doing the Trump impression, he just held the geist child up and the Trump voice came out of the geist. Yeah, it's an amazing impression. Did you do that resonant voice?
Speaker 2: You're truly my boy? You love that. He's really good. You hear that he's working. He's doing a lot better. Okay, So here's Trump begging Congress because he's the comfortable v confident nothing's going on. But you tell me if this sounds like somebody who's about doing this.
Speaker 1: Is direct to camera in front of conservatively fourteen American flags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's crammed seventy thousand flags into one frame somehow.
Speaker 8: Congress, if you will please investigate the political witch hunts against me currently being brought by the erupt DOJ and FBI, who are totally out of control after Biden with all of his corruption, the most corrupt president in history, but they keep coming after me from the day I came down the escalator all failures. This continuing saga is retribution against me for winning and even more importantly to them election.
Speaker 2: And then he goes on he's there trying to fuck up twenty twenty four. This is their version of stealing the vote. I just love the energy that it starts off with. I'm just gonna play it again because he's like.
Speaker 6: Congress, Congress, if you will please Congress.
Speaker 2: I think someone was like, why don't you just don't sound so desperate? Right, Okay, yeah, Congress, if you will please please.
Speaker 1: He's reading off a prompter, like you can tell he's very He's one of the easiest people to tell the difference.
Speaker 2: And he's very.
Speaker 1: He's way less effective as a communicator when he's reading off your prompt.
Speaker 2: The prompt he does that shoulder pivot, like he changes his shoulder, his shoulders, Yeah, rocking, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Just imagine the number of people that I've had to learn to write in his voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Congress if you yeah, Well, I'm sure he has notes, but I feel like he probably writes a little bit differently than.
Speaker 2: The fewer words.
Speaker 6: Slit trimmed that down more caps, more caps, But.
Speaker 1: It does feel like weirdly formal, like he's like, Okay, I'm doing the thing, the big like plan, you know, deaf Con five.
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask Congress to help me.
Speaker 6: Ye doesn't throwing it back to the Escalator.
Speaker 7: Speech, which was the one where he called a whole country rapist. I mean, it's like, this is this is the one, this is the image you want to bring back. I guess that was like a great dividing line in our country because some people watch that and we're like, wow, this man's maning.
Speaker 6: Other people are like, what this.
Speaker 2: Guy makes a lot of stuff. Hey man, I'm Kermit.
Speaker 7: Kermit wesh man, this is what happened a kid does he It's like I just go into like some weird Elmo Kermit voice thing.
Speaker 1: Well, he's all about like green, green, grievance, polity. Yeah, you know where he's you know, it's not easy being green.
Speaker 2: Everyone Anyways, Emi believes that white men are being punished again, incredible work. We don't like those takes. White men are not being punished merely for the crime of existing.
Speaker 1: Hold on, but yeah, like so this is almost Dad does have a big soul patch by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he is like one of those. He has like a muppet soul patch. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know what I think about it. He could have been a January sixth, Yeah, oh absolutely. But the thing is, like we've talked about this in the past with all these stories, Like I get I get it he's being indicted, but like also, I don't have faith in the legal system to actually dole out justice in the way that like we see it, you know, be heavy handed for many other people. So the only thing that really makes me feel that this is somewhat real is just that Trump is clearly uncomfortable. Yes, And I don't want to say scared because I think it's too powerful of a word. And I honestly, I'm not sure he's capable of the sensation of fear as it relates to legal issues, because this man has been able to skirt, sidestep, juke, dodge whatever, spin out of all kinds of legal issues that I think for him is just more like uh shit, they might do Okay, you gotta do your thing now, more than like.
Speaker 1: Dude, please, yeah. All though it's weird, he brings the energy of an infomercial to this plea to Congress to like subvert democracy.
Speaker 2: He has.
Speaker 1: It's the same energy he has when he's like selling Trump water and Trump steaks. He's just like, all right, this is my next venture. I'm gonna talk to Congress. And it's something's going like the the Fulton.
Speaker 2: What do we call the Fulton indictment? Oh, this like the Fulton County, Yeah, county case.
Speaker 1: The Fault County charges seem like they're coming, and they seem like they're the I mean, they're the ones we know the most about, right because it was so out in the open.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he we've.
Speaker 1: Heard recordings of him trying to pressure the state's top election official to find eleven votes to flip the results. His campaign recruited fake electors who signed off on a failed bid to eventually replace three ones in Congress to like overthrow the election. A local Republicans snuck into a county election office to tamper with voting equipment.
Speaker 2: That's those are all like, those are pretty big and they're all talking too. None of them were like it ain't some Omerta shit where they're like, yeah, nice, try, I ain't saying nothing. I'll do a fucking ten ten ten year stretch on my head. No, they are talking and again, like like we said, the second Brad Raffensberger came out from like Georgia to be like, uh, I don't know if y'all know what this guy's just trying to make me pull. I was like, well, yeah, I don't know. I don't know pu Yeah, I don't know what other investigating will need to be done, but hey, here we are.
Speaker 7: The thing that I think always he gets like exonerated on all the times in some of these cases is like his mental state and what he was doing were different. He didn't intend on doing any of these things. Like I think the January sixth thing, he may be able to get off for inciting violence because he's like I'm just talking. But these other things where it's like the classified document where they now have him on recording saying this is a classified document that I'm not allowed to declassify this recording where he's talking directly saying I don't think this was right, you should do this.
Speaker 6: These all speak to like his intention and what he wants someone to do, and then the act is the act. Everyone gets it. And so that I think gives me faith in the judicial process when it comes to this kind of stuff. Where I don't have faith in it.
Speaker 7: Is like when there's a jury that can be influenced by a narrative in a very clear way, right, like he was just motivating people to use the powers of peaceful protest. Yeah, I can see a jury just being like whoa, you know, and it's all kermits and so yeah, so yeah, that's why I think these ones are interesting. And I like how they waited at least a while to come down with these indictments.
Speaker 6: You got to really get dialed in if you're gonna do this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that's like with you could already see just sort of with Judge Cannon in you know, South Florida, how she's already beginning to influence things with her you know, love of Trump. But yeah, like it's these other cases that seem again where it has much less wiggle room, especially again like for this Fulton case, where like most people saw this without having to, like, you know, go through the process of like discovery or investigating or anything like Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember that. I remember hearing that. I remember seeing that. Sure, not gonna lie. A lot of people saw that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break, we'll be back, we'll talk UFO hearings, and we're back. And so the the UFO hearings are being covered like live with live updates by a kooki ufologist website called the Hills.
Speaker 2: In Full Wait, no, the Hills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just like the texture of the whole thing, it's like this weird combination of like boring congressional political procedure and these super qualified like intelligence officials saying the wildest shit that's ever been set in front of Congress. But I don't know, so, I mean the opening statement that we had access to yesterday there or two days ago, Like, has this quote Miles that you pulled? Yeah from David Grush, Yeah, from David Grush. I was informed in the course of my official duties of a multi decade UAP crash retrieval and reverse engineering program to which I was denied access to those additional read ons and hold.
Speaker 2: On again just to say, this is the guy saying I was made aware of a fucking program where we were scooping up spaceships and then trying was.
Speaker 1: That who were you working for? Fucking the X files or the Pentagon?
Speaker 2: The Pentagon? Okay guy?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh. He also today said they were asking him like, do you believe that the US government is in possession of UAPs? And his answer to that was absolutely based on interviewing over forty witnesses over four years. And then he added that he knows the exact locations of where this technology is, and those locations were provided to the Inspector General and some of which to the intelligence committees.
Speaker 6: Drop a pin, Davy, Let's go baby, he come there.
Speaker 2: I want to know to there, drop a pin, send a location. I'm gonna pull up in that bullet proof spaceship. A two chain song went, I mean it feels so, I mean, seriously, please, where is it? Can we see this?
Speaker 1: I mean, so, you know, as somebody who covers fraudsters and you know, people who scam other people, like yeah, that's been my The thing that I've had a hard time getting my head around is if this isn't true, then these have to be like people who are trying to scam us into believing this for some reason and just like completely lighting their careers and credibility on fire and the process, Like do you have you thought about it from that perspective? Like what what would their motivation be like if if this isn't true? Like what are why are they doing this?
Speaker 7: So there's two there's like one variable that I think makes me feel like this is accurate. Normally, when I hear something so absurd, when people say something like you just did right, This is so absurd.
Speaker 6: Why would they lie? If they lied, their whole career would be over. That's usually a red flag that they are actually lying, they are actually scamming you. And because they so many of the frausters we've covered, all of the victims have been like, surely this person can't be doing a billion dollar insurance fraud. Surely they can't be doing all these things that can't be possible. But this though, when someone's been working on something and they haven't been famous or haven't been making a lot of money for decades, they're kind of sticking to the same thing over and over and over again. For me, it's it rings true because a lot of these fraudsters need to make a buck, they need to get something out of it at the end of the day, or they're just insane. But this guy, I mean, I don't think so, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess I don't see the end game for him and for all these other officials who are coming forward, who were, you know, in in position to learn about this stuff. They put whistle blower protections in place, and suddenly there were multiple witnesses coming out being like all right, like yeah, it's like I've seen enough weird shit that I want to speak speak on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I think like his the closing part of his opening statement does he kind of sets it out like sort of what he feels the stakes are, which he's saying, you know, we need a democratic process to like evaluate this data, and it's our collective responsibility to ensure that public involvement is couraged, encouraged, and respected. Indeed, the future of our civilization and our comprehension of humanity's placed on Earth and in the cosmos depends on the success of this very process. It is my hope that the revelations we unearth through the investigations of the non human reverse engineering programs I've reported will act as an ontological earth shattering shock, a catalyst for a global reassessment of our priorities. Yeah. Also I'm saying I'm also got a crypto coin I'm launching you, right, that's exactly where's that of it? Exactly right. It's like get in early, dude. These NFTs, man, Like the first couple of NFTs will have little pieces of where you can find some of these UAPs. Dude.
Speaker 1: So I do feel like that's a really like clear I mean, it's very grandiose obviously, but those I'm also glad that he said it, because those are the stakes. Like we first of all, we face an existential challenge at the moment. If we, you know, gain access to some superior technology, maybe we can reverse engineer our way into not having to rely on smoking dinosaur bone juice. That is like turning the oceans one hundred and one degrees fahrenheit, right, And also just the getting us out of like a realist military colonial mindset that has been like kind of pervasive for hundreds of years now, but like the it is the most consistent driver of how money is spent over the last hundred years, like the argument that you need to invest in technology because the people with superior technology will always use it to assert their will on you, Like that, if you don't have the best weapons, then the other people who have the best weapons are going to invade and you know, bend you to their will. The US does that and like fully embodies that ideal. And then two like that that's always struck me as an important idea that is like hidden behind all of this is that there is this superior technology that's just chilling, Like they've known about us for a long time, and they are just chilling as of right now, like they haven't decided to come in and just harm harm people. And it's just I don't know, the I feel like it could upset like that ideal that under writes all of the military spending and all of the like military superiority. So that's it is kind of why I find it significant that the military is the source of a lot of this information. Is like they've been the ones who are like, no, I mean, we have to get the best technology so that we can like fight and like be be violently superior to everyone. And this would I don't know. It would suggest to me at least that that mindset that like the current like violent colonialist like realist ideal might just be an aberration or like a nasty phase that certain civilizations like go through on their way to becoming more enlightened and advanced, because that whatever this is has much better technology than us and hasn't decided to kill anyone with it. It's just like you know, observing, which I don't know, maybe maybe that's scary too, but I think it's actually like shows that you don't just advance to being like oh, like the movies assume that once you get perfect technology or like this like crazy intergalactic traveling technology, you are going to come and just destroy everything just like start using humans target practice for your laser weapons, like this would completely and like every movie has assumed that, you know, it's like almost every single one.
Speaker 2: Because it all because it all has that sort of subconsciousness of just imperial activity. Yeah, that's what we do from colonizing civilizations. It's just been like and that's and it's just that fear turned back around, which is like but then they because just like how we had guns and they did it when we pulled up on both hundreds of years ago. It's like the same version. Man, Like, then what then what what.
Speaker 7: Have you guys read The Three Body Problem or The Dark Forest or any any of the books from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I read the first two. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I mean that concept of like we're in a dark forest in the universe and if like we see a light and I think they the aliens are just they know we're here and we're they got to make sure that we're not the violent ones. They're gonna come after them. Yes, with the advent of technologies and AI, I'm sure things will speed up over the next thirty forty fifty, if not one hundred years, definitely then we'll be able to get out there and start exploring. And what if we find something? What if we're the colonial ones and they have to be afraid of what we're going to do. So they're just kind of like checking us and making sure, like, oh, they're still they're still fighting about election.
Speaker 2: They're still smoking dinosaur juice down there. They're way behind.
Speaker 6: We're good.
Speaker 2: We're good, We're good.
Speaker 1: There's so many sightings of them, like checking out our nuclear weapons and like our nuclear power plants, and I think it's just like they're trying. I don't think they're like, you know, wow, look at this cool technology, let's learn about it. If all of this is true, I think they're like, are these fucking idiots gonna blow themselves up?
Speaker 6: Like, let's just that's my general opinion too.
Speaker 7: They have just they're just we are a laughable group of like Viking esque people that still are wildly violent. And if the only thing they're worried about is what happens when these people get smart enough, are they going to try to kill us? Because they don't understand that the universe is infinite, We still don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be like when they ruin their planet with the bone juice smoking, they're gonna fucking try and come after our shit. Yeah, let's fucking try and get them to figure shit out so they stay on their little marble. But yeah, it's it's a wild And again, just reading that statement is fucking mind blowing to me that the guys like a decade's long, pro multi decade UAP crash retrieval and reverse engineering program. Yeah that that's just like that's just out like you know, now I'm just I have a million thoughts going through my head. And then to also learn that like half of these military budgets are going to like people who are like, hey, man, I found some shit if you often if you want to buy it off of me, because like there are private companies who are selling this shit to the government as well.
Speaker 6: Why do you guys think it's this isn't like the media loves crazy news, right, we love things that are sensational. It drives clicks.
Speaker 7: This feels like the most sensational possible story of our lifetime. And we're still talking about what you know. Twitter is changing the name to x It's like, give me aliens twenty four hours a day. We are hearing from c Span is covering this should be pumped in to mainstream everywhere all the time.
Speaker 2: Right, Instead, we're hearing about how Joe Biden's dog Major it gets real baby with people.
Speaker 1: That is important. It suggests that things are not as they see him in the White House.
Speaker 2: He should be booked, He should be His dog is biting people, not my president. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Sina, it's been such a pleasure of having you on the podcast. Where do you people find you?
Speaker 2: Follow you all?
Speaker 7: That good stuff at CINA now s E E N A n OW on all the socials at Fraudster's LPN. We just dropped our series starting with Jim traffick Hant, who was this Ohio congressman that was crazy who also said beat me up all the time in his congressional speeches all the time, which is hell parking back to star Trek.
Speaker 6: So he's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's cool, And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Actually, I wanted to share one of the pieces from our cold open on Jim traffick Hnt where he's it's like a highlight clips of some of the stuff they said. And he's absolutely insane and a lot of people don't know about him because he was from like the eighties and nineties, and so yeah, I mean he's he's he'd be huge today. He'd be like a million plus followers on social media easily.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: All right, we will link after that in the footnotes smiles. Where can people find you as their workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can find me at Miles of Gray at all at Based life Forms. Wow. See got the only UAP talk in my brain at based social media platforms. Also check out the new podcast The Good Thief talking about the Greek robin Hood and our hunt to find this man. His name is Vasili's Palio Coostas, who was kidnapping millionaires and then giving money away to the poor mountain people he grew up with in Greece. It's a really dope story, so please check that show out. And also if you want to hear basketball talk, checkout Miles and checkot mad Boost. That's our NBA podcast. And then obviously you know about four twenty de Fiance where I talk about trash reality. Piece of media that I've been enjoying. Honestly, it's it's a lot of this the UAP hearings. Yeah again to see something on like a come out of like the House Oversight Committee's official website and have all this stuff up there. It's it's really just kind of it's doing my head in a bit. A lot of existential questions abound, So yeah, check that out right.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, O'Brian on threads at Jack Underscore, Oh Underscore Brian work a media I've been enjoying. My friend Chris forwarded me this tweet from at dad Akin tweeted, I'm gonna be honest with you. For a period of time in the nineties, I frequently wore a T shirt that said no fear, but there was some fear.
Speaker 2: I identify with that. And he knew me in the nineties and saw all my no fear gear. So, oh, you're rocking a lot of no fear, no big dogs, you rock big dogs.
Speaker 1: I think I had a big Johnson shirt when I was like a love You had.
Speaker 2: A big Johnt you were rocking big. My mom would let me buy Big Johnson.
Speaker 1: I think I had one, Actually I might that might be a false memory. I had a lot of far side T shirts that was like my equivalent of like the kids who wore big Johnson shirts. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but look at the ride Marry Larson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this child is pushing on the door that says pull and he's a gifted student apparently. Yeah. Anyways.
Speaker 1: You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeeist Rare at the daily Zeikeist on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page or website daily zeikeis dot com. Wore we post our episodes and our footnote Foe we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Miles with the song we can people might do. You know, that's just an app title calling it. The track is called movie Finale because you know, I feel like we're maybe I feel like we're moving into a new era potentially in the next few months, it seems. This is from the artist The Wonderful Gifted DJ producer mad Lib and MC. So Yeah, this is mad Lib with Movie Finale from the Beat Conductive Volume three and four album. If you really want to go yeah, check right.
Speaker 1: We will link off to that in the footnote Today. Zeike is a production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio ap Apple Podcaster wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we'll talk to you all time.
Speaker 2: Fight bye.