Speaker 1: Are you leaving on?
Speaker 2: You wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim. And give us time and a Turmanol and gay.
Speaker 4: We want to send you off inside.
Speaker 5: Do you wanna welcome you back home?
Speaker 1: Tell us all about every scared her? Was it fine?
Speaker 4: Now for do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do your need ride?
Speaker 2: Right with Karen and Chris welcome to Do you need a ride? This is Chris Fairbanks.
Speaker 1: This is Karen Kilgarath.
Speaker 2: We are in Hollywood, Hollywood, in the Honda, in the Honda where dreams come true.
Speaker 1: But in the Honda in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Yes, to be more. It's there's many different dreams that could come true, and we're in the place where all of them. Do any dream you can conjure, right, you have to come to Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: For it to come to Like if you want to be the best scuba diver in the world.
Speaker 2: They have all that lay. We have that we don't find any building with that white flag and a diagonal red stripe and straight to the top and you walk in that door and that's a dream room.
Speaker 1: It's a dream scuba room. That's where usually scuba practice tanks.
Speaker 2: I don't care. Actually my nightmares are about being underwater, So for me, it's a different kind of dream.
Speaker 1: Really because that cannotes water is in motion, and if it's if it's kicked up water, that means that you're do you really know this? I do? Wow, I'm very interested in dreams symbolism.
Speaker 2: Oh really.
Speaker 1: So if you're if you dream of very still water, it means you're calm and you feel good inside. Okay, if you dream of like rough oceans or crazy waves. I used to dream about tidal waves all the time. I mean, I mean, you got some issues going on, you're trying to get, you know, work through.
Speaker 2: It in your Am I just a ba humbug type guy. If I don't believe in dreams meaning anything, yes, I am. I am. There's something to it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I mean it's whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh I mean there's definitely. Yes, of course, there's a connection to your your thoughts. I just mean when dreams, when you dream a strology, Yeah, there's going to be an earthquake tomorrow because you're dreamt your grandpa had the farts.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh that's different. Yeah, it's like almost old wives tales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. That's why people get remarried.
Speaker 1: Because those old wives, and most of them all their ex wives, are always telling tales. Oh, the corner harvest has to come in sooner this year.
Speaker 2: Shut up, I'm submitting papers to you. Is that what it's called?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you get divorced, yeah yeah, yeah. Oh, any divorce questions also come here to Los Angeles. That's where all your divorce dreams can come true.
Speaker 2: Just stop by any SCOPA station and they will. They will null the fuck out of your marriage.
Speaker 1: They will know you.
Speaker 2: Last night was fun at the Hollywood Improvisation.
Speaker 1: Oh, we did have a good time doing not improvised but of course rehearsed comedy.
Speaker 2: We have come upon a cul de sac of sorts with what can only be described as pee wee Herman's house.
Speaker 1: This is a week it's We're at the end of a cul de sac that I didn't know was the dead end street. And at the end there's just a little, fake, tiny child's house with a red front door.
Speaker 2: I think little people live there, I hope.
Speaker 1: So they have to live somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh do you hope that they are little people with peebe Herman suits. I just like miniatures. I'm not making Okay, now it seems like I'm not making fun of little people.
Speaker 1: It's a good vision.
Speaker 2: I'm saying. I enjoy a tiny clothes and dollhouses. I guess I'm going smaller than actual human life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not doing little people.
Speaker 2: I want a pee wee Herman suit that is the size of my finger.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, finger puppets.
Speaker 2: I used to when I was a kid. The family would gather around. This was the only performance of mine. They really everyone supported, and I would give shows puppet shows from behind the table, which is funny because it was a glass table and you could just see me behind it.
Speaker 1: There's no curtain or any kind.
Speaker 2: Of leg no, just a big piece of glass. Which many times we also had a cat poll that was the kind that is just wedged between the ceiling and floor and like a carpeted thing, yeah scratch post yep covering cart, and the cat would run to the top and there's a little crows and ass and he'd lay there and sometimes the whole thing had just come careening down onto the glass table and the cat would fly through shattered glass. Yes, and come out unscathed. Because cats, I know what they say about cat Yeah, it's land on their feet and they can do it nine times before they're dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And they can work a pole like the like the oldest stripper in town.
Speaker 2: Like my ex wife. I was trying to do an old wife like my old wife.
Speaker 1: Arn it you were doing to bring it back.
Speaker 2: This is one of those episodes where I tell I'm just personally going to need a little warm up.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Oh well, then let's drive and drive. We have to go back down there anyway.
Speaker 2: I need all the more time for me to warm up a little.
Speaker 1: But we we were just saying that we did the show last night.
Speaker 2: Improvisation.
Speaker 1: Chris did a set. I did a set with Jorond Davis, who I do songs with. Yes, someone was there when Matt McCarthy was introducing Chris. Matt mentioned the podcast and someone cheered for it, And we don't know who you are. He didn't talk to you afterwards.
Speaker 2: We've rudely left because.
Speaker 1: You're our favorite kind of fan, the kind that also rudely leaves and doesn't talk to us.
Speaker 2: That is my favorite.
Speaker 1: I mean to be honest, It.
Speaker 2: Is interesting to me because we've all experienced the people that get a little too close and it's uncomfortable because they appreciate you, but then they're talking close to your face. Next thing you know, they go in for a move.
Speaker 1: They're grabbing you and maybe drawing you into the back of the van.
Speaker 2: Half the time they steal your wallet. But it's the fan who just says I'm totally coming to your show. And then you don't see them, and you're like, well, we're'd that one person that I put on the list. Where'd they go? And after the show, nowhere to be seen in your hair? You go home and they're like, I loved the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Susie Ruz, she's on Twitter. She said she was there and she loved it. I didn't talk to her, did I. My fear is there were women in when during our set, which was at the end, so everyone was kind of tired. It was at midnight.
Speaker 2: Basically, there was.
Speaker 1: A table full of women who were fully It looked like when I looked out, it looked like we were interrupting their Friday night card party.
Speaker 2: I can't believe. Why do people go to comedy clubs to do that?
Speaker 1: And spend so much money. But I think it's like, after a while, you've had so many drinks, you're just kind of like that. I don't know, this isn't for me whatever, But I of course was fixated on it, and then only after the show, and at one point said something rude after the show realized if there were what if it was just the one lady that was kind of drunk and the other people were happy, right, and maybe even somebody was like one of our listeners or people we know from Twitter that like this podcast, and I was super rude.
Speaker 2: Well, it's hard. It's hard to make that call. It's it's because you can't tell who's talking, but when people are interacting, it could have been the four people with her going please Susan, yes, please stop talking.
Speaker 1: I beg you, sir god, I learned this story already.
Speaker 2: And then we latch out at that person, Oh you have to be talking. But I was trying to make Susan stop.
Speaker 1: It's Susan the quick on the office. I didn't even want to go out with You're all dayway.
Speaker 2: You're all dead to me because you ended up working with Susan. You could have worked somewhere else.
Speaker 1: What we're saying is, quit your job. If there's a Susan type in your life, any quit your.
Speaker 2: Job, any Susan, any you're Susie, sus.
Speaker 1: Esque, anyone with an S name, get divorce.
Speaker 2: You know my favorite people people with B names like Brandy Posey.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, and we're about to pick her up. Right now.
Speaker 2: We're in front of what might be your house. I think it is. It's an undisclosed lokay or maybe it's disclosed.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say, I think we're outside. Brandy Posey is one of the three hosts of The Lady the Lady podcast, which is one of my favorite podcasts.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I wish I haven't I needed Lin the more podcasts. Well, I know where they do it. I've seen them come out of the building.
Speaker 1: Uh, and I've done it because it's like girl a girl power podcast. But they're hilarious, great stand up comics, each in their own right. Tests it's I always want to say, Test Rafferty, Test Parker, it's Test Barker. I don't even know there she is.
Speaker 2: There she is.
Speaker 1: And our beautiful Brandy Posey, who right now has green hair.
Speaker 2: I like it when her hair is. Oh, it's green and on one half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at her. There she is, there she is.
Speaker 2: That's Brandy Posey.
Speaker 1: Hi, lady, hey, put the cloth down for me. You're in an exactly right car.
Speaker 2: Here's your microphone.
Speaker 1: Hooray, here we go, Brandy Posey. Ladies, thank you, it's good to be here, so happy to have you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y, how are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What were you doing?
Speaker 6: I was just writing with Liz Winstead for the Lady Parts Justice stuff nice. So I was writing sketches about abortions, funny Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Fun That doesn't Liz Winstead have something to do with the beginning of The Daily Show? The starting of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was one of the co creators and like the executive producer.
Speaker 2: For it back in those Killborn days, those memorable kill Born days.
Speaker 1: She might have been pre Killborn when it was John Stewart the first round.
Speaker 2: You do you think there's people out there that are like, I'm a it's not Daily Show without Killborn.
Speaker 1: To me, they're the worst people. But yes, those people, don't you mean people at Buffalo Wild Wings?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yes, positive.
Speaker 1: They're out there.
Speaker 2: People that only like tall people. Yeah, that fraction of people that just looks for tall With comedy, it's either it's either killborn or or Ben. What's that? Never mind, there's a tall bag Ben something Ben.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a number of big Ben. You're talking about the clock? What I mean? Oh yeah, clock in love.
Speaker 2: That clock did an hour in front of me, and I loved every minute of it.
Speaker 1: It's like you're waiting all your life to get set up for that joke. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it should have perfect, it should have felt good.
Speaker 2: Well that what is? What is that? Tell us more about this project?
Speaker 7: So Lady Parks Justice is it's a website that they make videos for different all the different states that have really fucked up abortion laws, basically trying to like raise awareness and then also make fun of Lindsey Graham.
Speaker 6: Fine, large sure they were working on a trap queen parody video when I left, where Lindsey Graham was a trap queen.
Speaker 1: It's really fun to learn about what a track queen is while writing abortion jokes. I don't know what a trap queen is. It's a trap queen.
Speaker 6: It's a really popular song this summer, the rap song a trap Queen is a girl that stands by her man no matter what.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, so wow and so well.
Speaker 1: Then Lindsey Graham really is a trap cooin. Yeah, he is a trap woy. That's no joke. Also, I learned the word the word band o B A N d o, which is short for abandoned house. Oh so the more you know, and it's not no longer do we refer to those like the tops that they give out on Survivor as a band Those are also bandos. That's B A N d e au.
Speaker 2: I see what about that thing you wear in a pageant?
Speaker 1: Uh? Just a banner? That's a that's a You mean like, okay this congeniality style? Yes, yeah, okay, your rated movie one of the greatest anything.
Speaker 2: Sandy Bullock, I'm on board.
Speaker 1: I cry.
Speaker 2: It sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but I really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't allow you to be sarcastic about Sandy's my favorite. She's so likable.
Speaker 2: She is when has she ever not been likable?
Speaker 1: She's the greatest. And I just recently watched one of her very first movies, which is the one where she's the quote unquote ugly scientist, and then they it's called Love Postion number nine because they discovered is a love potion. It's actually a really satisfying movie in that she starts out it's kind of truly ugly, and it's the rule if you feel like you might not be that tractive, go get your eyebrows done, because that really is kind of lynch hits everything. Am I right?
Speaker 6: If exhibiting, but I will say you want them done by like a Russian or like an Eastern European woman.
Speaker 2: Right, like who you want to do your eyebrow hopefully in like a music filled montage saying yes, where she also takes off your paint covered overall.
Speaker 1: Yes and gives you caps on their terriblety.
Speaker 2: The guy that wrote that movie and also wrote Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Money Pit, I think, and all these movies that are about, maybe with the exception of Love Postion number nine, but all these movies they are about horrible splits and divorces and people being scandalous to each other. I sat next to him on a plane back when they did the last Aspen Festival, Yeah, and we just were talking. He said, I used to make movies. I haven't made a successful movie since the early nineties, but still writing. And he was so bitter and angry, and every woman that got on the plane he was like, yeah, I used to date her. She just bat shit, she's an idiot. Oh that guy, see that guy? He stole from it, Like he knew all these Aspen people that are all rich people. It's like, there's a gold digger. She just moved there and she's married three different friends of mine. He was so angry, but I'm still he was interesting, and I was like, I can't believe you wrote dirty rotten scoundrels and apparently was just about him. But he then he went to the show and sent me a long email saying different things I could do better in my comedy.
Speaker 1: Oh so he's the best person on the planet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the best.
Speaker 1: I wonder why his movies aren't getting made anymore. That's interesting. Was he wearing a Hawaiian shirt.
Speaker 6: Imagine all the writers in the nineties like wore a little wan.
Speaker 2: He totally yes, I guarantee. I can't remember if he was, but he I guarantee. He owns many many Tommy Bahama.
Speaker 6: Real punche and a Bahama on top of it.
Speaker 1: I really did love. Most of the movies that you named The Good The Money Pit used to make us cry and laughing.
Speaker 2: There's a huge one that I'm missing that I don't know. Well, is it like a It's very much like Wore the Roses?
Speaker 1: He made that Oh that's depressing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but they're all about people turning on each other yea. And all he was the stories about people that used to be in his life and he now hated. And I'm like, wow, I think you're a walking version of your latest script.
Speaker 1: Write what you know?
Speaker 6: Does life imitate art? Is art imitate life?
Speaker 2: Have Brandy? Have you ever written a script? I know you're writing. I have.
Speaker 6: I have like three quarters of a script that is written like a motion picture motion picture script.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: My writing partner, she lives in Salt Lake now though, so it's kind of hard to I really want to finish this thing, but she has horrible ad D and is in love and it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: Difficult to pin her down to finish. It's distance put any of that into the script. Uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: One of the characters is becoming more and more like her as I go back and look at things, and it'll finish sooner or later.
Speaker 2: I suppose everyone writes together differently. I've never really had a long term writing partner, but it seems like a lot of people just write a little bit and then you send it to the other person and you can maybe do that. Yeah, I just want you guys to work it out. I'm giving suggestions.
Speaker 1: I want you to break it off.
Speaker 6: When the script is over, it will be that's kind of you know.
Speaker 2: Well, you announced it here and I hope she's listening. No, you re.
Speaker 1: Non specific named said I have an idea for a script. Yeah, do you want me to say what it is? Do you want to say what it is? He wants to steal It is about robots again, it's my it's my new robot idea. Okay, different than the old rob idea. No, let's brainstorm it. Let's really beat it out. But don't you think if I say it and it's recorded and timestamped and that that's in some way a way of marking intellectual the fat.
Speaker 6: You will steal it.
Speaker 1: This will be his Comedy Central pilot. Whatever you say right now.
Speaker 2: For God's sake, If that's I don't even talk about the guy because I feel uncomfortable with what I said. It's a guy that goes by the name the fat Jew. I would never never say that. It felt weird coming out, but that's the name of.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's true. If you don't know what Chris is talking about, that was a shockingly racist moment. Yes, yeah, new levels on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Everyone tweeting about it. I'm like, wow, out of context, that seemed like, yeah, you guys, the fat Jew is a thief. Nobody everyone, It's like, easy gut.
Speaker 6: It needs a little bit of context for like the non comedy nerds, just like casually following people on Twitter, just like all the comedians just became super racist over that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're calling each other. They're just calling all large Jewish people teeth.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anyway, all Jewish, all fat Jewish people share one Twitter handle together.
Speaker 2: So it's a it's a big conspiracy. They're all one handle.
Speaker 1: But again, that's how they run Hollywood through the one rip off Twitter, Instagram.
Speaker 2: D Yeah, and they're getting famous off.
Speaker 1: It's really funny. I like watching stuff like that on Twitter because when that first started to bubble up, it was like one person here and there being like this is bullshit and posting their tweet that was posted two years ago and got literally like five thousand faves or whatever, and then the fat you re retweeting it and getting like ten thousand or whatever, and just to know it's exact, exact ripoff.
Speaker 2: There's no no punctuation. It's a literal cutting.
Speaker 1: It's so shameless.
Speaker 2: Not literal. I guess he would have to get scansors and glue. But yeah, it's a total cutting, paste, full.
Speaker 1: On, full on paste.
Speaker 6: I just don't know what happens to you as a child to make you that person as an adult.
Speaker 2: Make it okay? You a lot?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh have you seen a picture of one this shitty haircut, I mean the pony tail, like a straight up.
Speaker 6: Me yeah style, and then like a shaved around it.
Speaker 1: All of it's just awful. There's a little like, yeah, he's got like partial beginnings of pay us on each side, the little PAOs, the little curls orthodox juice, but they're long. I mean they you.
Speaker 2: Know, I might as well be yelling it out out of context because I don't know that I'm clearly what's his pos you speak of? Oh, I guess I've seen that in picture books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, he's it's really bad. I will be very interested to see what happens because he is getting signed to CIA. Those people are so sensitive to social media stuff, I mean. And also what like there was a there was a thin part of the article talking about, oh, he has ideas he's going to try to sell to Comedy Central, and it's just like this is it's so beyond I mean, who what ideas would he have if he's stolen everything?
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly how do you not get sued? Like, how do you not how are you able to clear anything that he thinks that he brings to.
Speaker 1: You or even yeah, like even if it's brand new and he's like, well here's my idea. He got there on the backs of everybody else being funny. So he's unproven unless he's a total sociopath. That's is really probably true. It's probably true that he's a total sociopath.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: Being super okay with stealing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think he cares. Look at that skateboard.
Speaker 2: I know it's a pull on. It's very very very against the law eskatee there, but of course it's just a building that looks like a skateboard.
Speaker 1: It's superior court, Yes, the most against you got.
Speaker 2: You skate there for five minutes and then you walk right into the courtroom and they go ahead and give you your ticket. It's a nice system they out.
Speaker 1: There, very convenient.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is one stop legal.
Speaker 1: This is a fascinating shop part of town.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: We're in kytown right now, right, I think so. But it's this weird street. Like we just went by castles Burgers, which I've never seen, I've only heard of.
Speaker 2: Here's a park that's going to be it's not even packed. No, that's a nice park day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's too hot.
Speaker 6: It's becoming a nice park day. The sun is past zenith.
Speaker 1: Oh man, is it hot, Brandy? Are you a hot weather person? No?
Speaker 6: I mean I I prefer I like the dry heat of California. If I have to be in the heat, I like a I like a sixty five degree day.
Speaker 1: I like a hoodie day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 1: I love a hoodie day.
Speaker 2: You got you are a hoodie person. I've seen you wear many a hoodie.
Speaker 1: I just love a hoodie.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's like one of the most underrated inventions of.
Speaker 1: The last years. Right easily, I would say it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my favorite hoodie that I have. It's a Fat Records hoodie, which makes me think of how fat Mic from Fat Records took a picture of your car. Yes, yes, and he said what did he say?
Speaker 6: He said, if this is the he's like ugliest car ever hashtag tech rose in San Francisco because I was. I was up in San Francisco and the fact that I found that, let me tell you how I found it. I was like, had insomnia. I was on Instagram at like four in the morning. No one told you, no, no one told me. I was on Instagram. I was scrolling through my feed. I happened to come across fat Mic and I have never done this before, but I was like, let's do what fat MIC's been up to. So I opened up his page and then my car was looking at me, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, wait a minute, did I mess up?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I you never.
Speaker 2: Did, like want something at the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: I was like, did I forget how the world works?
Speaker 6: You know, like when something is so out of place that you're like, no, I'm wrong, Yes, I'm.
Speaker 1: Wrong about it. My eyes deceive me. Now what describe your car so people understand what that's.
Speaker 6: So my car has a murals painted on both sides of it. On one side it has a blink and fighting a t rection space, and on the other side is a fire breathing Brendan Fraser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of looks like Richard Nixon, but it's supposed to be Brendan Fraser.
Speaker 6: And the Brendan Fraser side is the one that Fat Mike posted and I tweeted. I tweeted at him and was like, hey, it makes you feel any better. I'm like a touring comic and a tech nerd. Yeah, a big fan of your stuff. And he never responded, and I was like, oh man, it felt like you should have.
Speaker 2: Right, and you are a fan of his stuff.
Speaker 1: I am. I love I love that Mike. I love everything that he does.
Speaker 2: Maybe he just missed it. Maybe you should send it again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it should just repost it. Just posting it, yeah constantly. I just the fact that I found it was so crazy because I never I've never looked through his feed before.
Speaker 2: That I thought for sure someone told you about it, and you're you're like.
Speaker 6: Okay, no, no, and then the crazy party is like later that weekend, I drive for Lyft to make money because you can't make money doing comedy in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: I picked up a girl that lives in the.
Speaker 6: Same building as Fat Mic and it came up organically, and then I told her about it, and she like looked it up and she was like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna tell him. I know that I rode in that car the next time I see him. So I kind of want to take like five years.
Speaker 6: And just have a bunch of people just that I know, whenever they see Fat Mike mention it so like there's a climactic build of some kind.
Speaker 1: Taylor Dane, Yes, exactly exactly. But then you should kill him right once. You I mean, he's killing yourself.
Speaker 2: That Yeah, yeah, you have to kill him. You got to.
Speaker 1: I could killed I could kill Fatmike.
Speaker 2: You have to do I mean, I could kill that, make him, make him sprint.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not good to himself.
Speaker 2: He got a tick.
Speaker 1: I don't know who he is.
Speaker 6: He's the leadinger of No Effects, No Effects, the founder of Fat Records, and he's quite truly fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he lost a little. It's not as fat as he used to.
Speaker 1: More drug bloat. It should be drug bloat Mike, I think is what his name should be.
Speaker 2: That fat even not during the Quintoessential album White Trash two heaps into Bean, which is as hard for me to say it's the fat Joe. He never he was never that fat. He was as fat as the fat Jew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, I can't stop saying it. That is also not that fat. No, he's a husky. But he is taking himself as ludicrous looking as possible, which I worry about people like that.
Speaker 2: If he just had a nice haircut and wrote his own jokes.
Speaker 1: And didn't wear tank tops, such a sweet boy. Just know if you can wear a tank top or not? No, just don't. Yeah, But then it's I think that's why so many people are embracing him, separate from knowing that he's a total cheater. Steeler is like a look at body, excepting that Fatoo's to be a model. Like people think that's funny in and of itself, kind of not knowing the context.
Speaker 2: I think again, if you speaking a context, if you just Jew is a guy who named himself that comedically, that is an Internet sensation through the theft of other people's.
Speaker 6: Uh, he's more of an idea.
Speaker 1: He's more of a curvy Jew.
Speaker 2: I think he's a whole jew.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, he's a full figure jew, kind of zofti jew.
Speaker 1: He's very like a pin up jew. Yeah. Just now, how is your podcast Going Lady to Lady? Very popular podcast? Are you also on All Things Comedy? Oh no, we're a Maximum Fun Oh Max, that's right ival network. But we all get along.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are frequent Max funners. Yeah. Yeah, I saw you coming out of the building one day. Wait meet or Karen the whole, all the lady, the Lady, the whole.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, that's we just passed a Max Fun headquarters.
Speaker 2: Actually, yes we did.
Speaker 1: I love that building. It's gorgeous, so cool. It has a really awesome view of the MacArthur Park Lake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you squint, you can't see the three or four dead bodies that is laying openly day.
Speaker 1: But if you focus just right, you can witness many many drug transactions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, transactions, and a couple sexual transactions. Yeah, you want whatever kind of transaction in your mind.
Speaker 6: That's where my co host, one of my hosts, test Barker, she got her fake I D there. Recently she tested out a fake ID because so Testa loves Britney Spears And of course the story starts there yeah, and Vegas, Brittany and Vegas was having a Brittany Day and if your name was Brittany, you got to go to the show for free, which means a test marker got a fake ID making her a Britney.
Speaker 2: Yes she did.
Speaker 1: She chose the name Britney Murphy.
Speaker 6: Nice and she made her birthday for twenty and she took four years off for actual age, which was really great and it's it's the fakeust idea ever.
Speaker 1: But she like got her idea at MacArthur Park.
Speaker 2: Did it work? Did she go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it worked.
Speaker 6: It worked, And there were a bunch of Brittany's and like a couple of the Brittany's were really smug about theirs being spelled the same way as Britney spears and some of the other and it.
Speaker 1: Was like a little bit of a point of contention.
Speaker 2: Wait there was other people also getting freaked fake Britney IDs.
Speaker 1: No, there were real Britney's at the console. At the console, that's when Tess was interacting with the fifteen year old girls.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, she was definitely the oldest. Frequently Lady to the Lady does a bunch of stuff where we are the oldest girl or boy at an.
Speaker 1: Event, which is hilarious.
Speaker 6: Like Barbara and I went to a Taco Bell house party because we got an email for it. What and the only other people there were eighteen year old boys to thirty year old limitted a bunch of eighteen year old boy so great that we had a bunch of numbers room. So Taco Bell took over this house and they like they had a s'mores pit, and they had a bunch of They had a mechanical bull in the backyard, and they had this one room of just black canvases and you could tag it up with paint.
Speaker 2: Markers with the Taco Bell.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you just like bite bite the top off of a burrito and just were like writing on the canvases with.
Speaker 2: A seven layer up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They had they had a silent disco room too. Have you seen those?
Speaker 2: No, We're like I have, I've gotten to a silent disco party.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how did you like this? The silent disco is basically where you wear headphones headphones, Yeah, and then it's like in this room, there were two DJs, so you could listen to one of two stations.
Speaker 1: So half of the room was dancing to two different things.
Speaker 2: And then and then if you take them off in silence, you can just watch everyone dance to nothing. And that's what makes it kind of interesting. So I periodically was taking mine off. Yeah, and just watching people dance to no music is a pretty surreal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well yeah, it's all this all spells drugs to me. It felt very drugs. It's a very druggy I.
Speaker 2: Mean taco bell to me, it was like when I went to the to my silent disco party. It was it was the most sober. It was almost like board game night. Actually yeah, people weren't tripping out over it. They were just like, wow, this is stimulating on a human level. Well, let's all drive home sober.
Speaker 1: It was all very somber dancing. It's not smiling.
Speaker 2: I know what you're thinking, Karen, And you think it sounds because I went there very hesitantly. I'm like, what, I don't get it, But right away I.
Speaker 1: Got it and you're into it.
Speaker 6: I kept hoping that like there was gonna be in the silent disco room, there was just gonna be people just like farting unrepentantly because of the.
Speaker 2: Oh they just think that no one can hear them.
Speaker 1: Factory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was funny because it was when the grillers came out of Taco Bell and they were handing them out on like platters, and uh me and Barbara kept grabbing them and then going around the corner of the house to eat because or less, like.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna be seen. They're not taking photos or video be fucking eating Taco Bell this party, that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's funny all the same way. I don't even like it when you're eating with someone and they're looking at you.
Speaker 1: It's worse right, I've hurt your eyes.
Speaker 6: The self confidence it takes to eat a sandwich around a stranger is just seriously, I.
Speaker 1: Don't understand it. I have a big sandwich when you have to like get it all around your mouth. And also I use a thousand napkins because maybe and maybe it's I'm just so like my hands are two in my food like a raccoon. But it's when someone else is there, it's like, why aren't you.
Speaker 2: Using this many I've relationships because of a doll up of mayonnaise on the corner of so Much Mountain. It's like you take that trash to someone else's friendship.
Speaker 1: No serious disgusting, especially mayonnaise. But wait where you talk about house, we know what it is exactly.
Speaker 6: It was like a house in like Highland Park. It was like a super cool house and they rented the whole thing and it was like three hundred eighteen year old boys and then the two of us and like we got there a.
Speaker 1: Little lip, as my cousin Eileen used to say, a little lip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think we looked like the mothers of these children. So we we're all very awkward. Like it was funny because when we first got there, we got there like an hour early because we were like, oh shit, like there's gonna be a crazy line, but there was not.
Speaker 1: We were like the fifth people online.
Speaker 6: So then the best part was having a lot of children come and stand behind us.
Speaker 1: So we were like kind of talking to kids in line, just being like what's up. Yeah, we love Taco.
Speaker 6: Bell too, and like they did not want to talk to us, which was fine.
Speaker 2: You were cool. Look an eighteen year old, when you're approachable to an eighteen year old.
Speaker 1: I liked to right, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: So I live in a trailer park in Eagle Rock and it is right next to a school for children for like a musical, like hippie school or whatever, and there's all of rock. Yeah, it's basically a school of rock, except with all cellos. So a school of not rock, school.
Speaker 2: Of rock modern not. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And if I had known the name, and I like try to go, I try to go out of my way to be as eccentric as possible whenever I leave the house and the children are on their lunch breaks, because they like sit in my neighborhood and they will like eat eat stuff from the neighborhood, like sitting right outside of my house. So I frequently will like walk my dog into Moo moo and like wear my hair up in a pompa door and just try to be like the crazy trailer park lady that is next. I want to be like an urban legend to this school. Yes, it's like my is like my goal over time.
Speaker 1: That's a good goal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that you live there, that school, and I love that you're living a trailer park.
Speaker 6: It's awesome, man, it's I We bought our house for a homeowner.
Speaker 1: In Los Angeles. You guys, you are Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 6: We own our house and it's the price of a nice car, which is crazy, and we have like it's two bedrooms, we have a central air, we have washer dryer in our place.
Speaker 2: It's one of those modern trailers that's really like a storage unit that's been.
Speaker 6: No, it's like a prefab home. It's not like, it's not like an RV. It's like a like a prefab house, like a double wide kind of.
Speaker 2: It's so cool. And in your neighbor there are probably trailers with wheels on them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a couple. There's a couple. I mean, like the trailer park is actually really small. There's only like thirty two lots or something like that. So the like even across the street and to the left of me are like real, actual houses. So it's funny because like the average price for houses in our neighborhood is like three quarters of a million dollars. And then we were like when we moved in, I was like.
Speaker 1: We're frauds. It's hilarious. I don't know how we pulled this up. So cool, that's amazing. I was an s grow. I couldn't stop laughing about it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be a real fat jew right now and tell someone else's joke. The name is Jimmy Jimmy Winfield and it changed it to Jimmy Roulette. Okay, here's this joke. Okay, my wife and I went out to look at some trailers. I went to the mobile park to check out some trailers. And the guy when I said, yeah, we're here to look at some of your trailers, he acted like a spit in his face. He said they are trailers, they're manufactured homes. And so he said, well, today's my lucky day because you manufactured these homes to look just like trailers. The end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did it wrong.
Speaker 2: I did it bad. No, I did the joke bad.
Speaker 6: My trailer park jove to see him do it?
Speaker 1: Look him up?
Speaker 2: Sorry, what was his name?
Speaker 1: Jimmy.
Speaker 2: I think he's a prison guard now.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Roulette is in Austin's.
Speaker 2: He was in Austin. Yeah, he's still in Austin. I think he was doing very well and he is managed by Rich Miller, and he was getting all this heat and I don't know if he's still doing stand up. I think he like literally went and became a prison guard.
Speaker 1: That's a intense job training.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're ready.
Speaker 1: I guess the opposite actually of what he was doing before.
Speaker 2: It depends on what clubs you're going to. Crackers in Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: He has a captive audience now.
Speaker 4: Knows what she's doing.
Speaker 2: We should all be on at midnight right now?
Speaker 1: Can you make that happen?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let me ask for a twelve time to no avail.
Speaker 1: This would be a really great panel. Chris Hardwick, if you're listening, yeah, he's not man's.
Speaker 6: Let's just go sit at his table at the diner that he hangs out all the time.
Speaker 2: It's enough for me that people just went out of one hundred people still call me Chris Hardwick. That's enough.
Speaker 1: That is pretty nice. It's nice, you know, you get a little something at the end of the day. Yeah, it's at Can I tell you guys that I uh and driving to the dog park the other day, saw a grown man like over fifty fall off of his bike. It just reminds me that because that guy's walking, that guy's very reasonably walking his bike across the intersection. I don't know how he did it because I wasn't looking. I was like looking at my dog in the rear view mirror, and then when I looked forward, there was a kind of an old guy getting up off the ground and like kind of like had to push his wake across the street. And I truly like when he stood up, I pretended I needed to look at something over my other shoulders, so that he thought I didn't see it because it.
Speaker 2: Was that weiggling because you were laughing.
Speaker 1: No, I was like, oh man, I was super bummed out for him.
Speaker 2: I was Dyton, Ohio. Let's all swap laughing at people falling stories. I was in Dayton, Ohio, and some guy was carrying bags of ice and like just holding it by the top, and one of them had a tear in it or something, and it ripped open, and as the ice dropped, he just dove and landed on all this ice but slid on his stomach like he was at a water park and it and he mad, and it happened right in front of me, and I didn't have time to turn my head. I just laughed with a full eye contact. I should have just pointed I was so funny.
Speaker 1: It's so good, And I think usually I'm the foller and that's why I don't I have that too, tip because I've done so much falling in my life. So my classic one is falling in the crosswalk in New York City, back when I was still drinking. I was holding a calzone on a paper plate and I fell down crossing.
Speaker 2: The street, and so you landed on the col zone and every thing shot out the side.
Speaker 1: No, no, it fell down straight down on the plate. I got up and the colzone was never hit the ground, so I picked it back up.
Speaker 2: Was like this.
Speaker 1: I was ship faced out of my mind. But what had happened was I had split my pants from the knees up to the crotch on both sides, so I to walk home. Yes, it was like I was like, I looked like a solid gold dancer. My pants were split, so as I walked, they would just kind of go open clothes, open clothes. As I walk up the street.
Speaker 2: Realized as you finished your cal zone that you invented a new ventilated pant system.
Speaker 1: And maybe less calzones would have made it so that I didn't they wouldn't have ripped.
Speaker 2: So let's take a moment of silence for all the fallen calzones. Andy, what's your falling down story? Have you ever watched theone fall down and laughed at them yourself?
Speaker 6: The story that pops to mind is On a New Year's Eve, many many moons ago, I was going to go see the Pie Tasters play at the nine thirty Club in DC.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 6: They're a great sky band. And I was passing. It's in like a shitty part of town, and I was passing a bunch of homeless guys, two of which were dressed like the dirtiest Santa claus as you've ever seen, and I like looked at them and laughed, and then I looked forward and I tripped on the biggest piece of asphalt and I like scraped up both of my knees really bad. And I was just like, okay, Karma, this is what I get.
Speaker 2: Is exactly what I get.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just immediately just full out laughing at like two homeless guys were just like I was cold, and there was a Santa suit.
Speaker 1: And then I went into the.
Speaker 6: Club and I was wearing like a cherry dress because that's what you do at a show, and really a four hundred pound bouncer with the biggest gauges that I've ever seen he patched up my knees for me.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, ye what with patches that he had?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sewed. He sewed some aforming and I said, keep on trucking. It was pretty cool for a couple of weeks until they scabbed.
Speaker 2: Out, until my body rejected them.
Speaker 1: They never fully fused to my knees.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's so hard to use fabric patches as epidermis.
Speaker 1: Somebody get on that scientist.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could invent something.
Speaker 1: I saw a little girl in my grammar school. This is the worst falling down story, but best because in my grammar school, the whole playground was like at a probably forty five degree slant, and when you walked in, there was a little weird patch of asphalt that went over. It was like a little you just kind of walked down hill as you walked onto the playground, and all the eighth graders stood around on the left right as you walked in. So every all the different grades hung out in different spots on the playground. And this girl, I'll never forget it. I think she was she was one of the Tinny sisters. There was like literally six girls in the Tinney family, and she was one of the youngest ones. And she truly looked like a little painting. She was the cutest little girl and it was free dress, so she had brand new Mary Jane's on and she hit that patch of asphalt, slipped and landed on her ass, and we were all standing there, like all the eighth graders, and we all turned and looked and we're like oh. And then she got up. She's like, I'm fine, got up, stood up, slipped, fell down again, got up, fell down again. And she literally did it like four times. And it was like at first because at first it was like, you know, like eighth grade girls standing around, and by like the fourth time, people were like running to her side. It was like grammar school nightmare.
Speaker 2: The national anthem at some hockey game. And she keeps slipping and falling over and over and she just she just quits. She doesn't even finish the song. She just takes off and going through the little gate by the penalty boxes and slipped again. No, people were like, please stop falling. It's it's probably that girl grown up. Yeah, she a singer.
Speaker 1: She could have been. I could never look at her again. I'm a idiot.
Speaker 2: I assumed she was a singer. Since you called them the Tiny Sisters, like we all.
Speaker 1: Know them, you know, the sisters from Lawrence will. Yeah, they opened for the judge, you know, the Tinny Sisters.
Speaker 6: That's probably a moment that she sees before she goes to sleep at night. Still for surely relives that over and over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just and for me and hopefully for everyone listening. That's why you have to scuff your new shoes before, like since that day which was eighth you know, I was thirteen, eighth grade. Anytime I get new shoes, I just immediately would walk out in the driveway and walk around for like ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 1: You got to pre scuff those new shoes, Ladies and John.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's funny because I've always been a skateboarder and the scuffing is it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I try to make my scape shoes look as good as possible for just a handful of days we don't, but I'll let them get dirty through activity. But to self scuff, that's just a poser man.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's a different shoe. Yeah, we're talking about a hard shoe.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite things to do is Hollywood Boulevard when it rains. This is why I'm upside about the drought. Hollywood, Bulevard when it rains gets very slick. Yeah, And there's nothing better than a Saturday night and a bunch of girls and like their little little tiny dresses with their gargoyle heels on, just slipping on, slide all over the place.
Speaker 2: You just post up and watch tailbones get broken.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's hilarious that that's some good falling down.
Speaker 1: It's good down.
Speaker 2: Do some version of let the bodies hit the floor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you in your own silent disco just watching them dance unwittingly dance that.
Speaker 6: I like the I like the kid rock Ball with the banged bang diggy, the boogies that up jump the boogie.
Speaker 1: That's always been a favorite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it rolls off the tongue and takes a half minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like last night Matt McCarthy is bringing back singing Wild Wild West. We were laughing so hard and that goddamn an it. The audience laughed the second time. Yeah. The first time he did it, I thought I thought he was going to destroy and they just were staring at him, like, we don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I dared him to do it and show a few nights ago because he was actually listening to it on his phone to make us laugh in the free room. It's like I dare you to hold the bike up to your phone and play Wild Wildwist and which is of course a Will Smith song from the movie Wild Wild Blast by the classic film, a movie that Will Smith turned down the Matrix to be in.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Will Smith was supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be see Fate. Yes, I'm so glad he wasn't.
Speaker 2: But the audience and they were not the best one at the West Side that night. They laughed so hard Wild West and its really funny.
Speaker 1: Well, to be fair, that song is more fun than the Matrix rap you could have written.
Speaker 2: But which would sound like one zero zero one one one zero zero one, Take a blue pill, take a red pill, binary code. Okay, they got the phone.
Speaker 1: Let's never be done, Let's not ever be done, Let's never ever finish. Oh look Karen's garden, guys, my name's never in anything.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what is it?
Speaker 1: Beautiful art gallery?
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful art gallery named after you and Jerkshack.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a Jerkshack.
Speaker 2: Art gallery and jerk massage.
Speaker 1: You gotta get it all taken care of in one place in this in the City of Dreams. What are your future plans, Brandy, Oh, we're playing your album recording. Yes, I'm recording my first album on September twentieth.
Speaker 6: At the red Gate Recorders in Highland Park and Karen and Drennen will be playing on it.
Speaker 1: That's super fun.
Speaker 2: What is the red Gate Recorders studio situation?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a recording studio that has this really cool performance space and I'm like starting to I've done a couple of shows there and I'm starting to kind of make it a thing, which is cool.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea to be really familiar and comfortable in the room.
Speaker 1: Oh that's smart. Yeah, I kin.
Speaker 6: That's when I've been looking for the right place because like a lot of people do things that like Nerdiced and UCB, and like I am tangentially part of like the UCB family because we do Lady there sure, and while we do do a picture of this at nerd Melt, they don't book me on anything else, so they I wasn't gonna give them my album, so.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, I'm just gonna create my own venue and do absolutely.
Speaker 6: Everything from thatch because I'm stubborn.
Speaker 1: So and that's kind of your way. I like that, you know, your pioneer. Yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Some thing where I tried with rooftop to just they already are set up in all these comedy clubs across the country. I tried in Austin, I tried in Cincinnati at a place called Go Bananas. I'm like, would do two shows and require them and be like, nope, neither of those were it. I'm sorry I rased it. Everyone's time. Yeah, And then finally had them remotely set up at a club where I felt comfortable and wanted to be and it's the Punchline in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: And there they were just there.
Speaker 2: It's your brain, it's your brain. It's oh you were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were just up there opening for Janine Grofflow and that room. Yeah that's a that's a great room. Yeah, it's a good feeling and it's so clubbish. Yeah you know, it's the real deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that place. Such nice people too.
Speaker 2: They are nice people. Yeah, I will say something about San Francisco, do it. Yes, they need to wake up. They are very they are they are woken up and they are very aware, and they're very liberal. Of course, so much so that they act like there's certain things. If you talk about it, they act like they should be offended. So they kind of tighten up. If you just said mention abortion or something as part of a joke, they're like, oh, I know, that's not funny. So if you tighten up like that, you're so liberal that you go back to being conservative again. If you're not open to listening to a certain thing, it could take that specific note as a city.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, it's hard to like when they don't give you the benefit of the doubt on any premise and you're just like, hey, you liked the last couple of jokes. Have I not proven that I'm a decent enough person that I'm not going to.
Speaker 1: Say something horrific to you? Yeah, but they just like have no trust Sometimes.
Speaker 2: I like where you're somewhere and they are going with you on a bunch of jokes and then all of a sudden, if it's a good enough audience, the audience, you know, if all of a sudden a joke doesn't work, I'll be like, Wow, they liked everything, but that maybe I'll stop doing it. Maybe I'll learn something from these people. Yeah, Yeah, I kind of like it.
Speaker 1: When they're like yes, yes, no, But you know there's what's funny too, is like I remember doing a joke. This was back when I got married, can't explain it, and I had a joke about that. I always said I wouldn't get married until everyone can get married, and that was right up until someone actually proposed now and like get your own rights. And the first time I did it was at Acbar, my friend's comedy show where it's almost completely gay men that get that go to that show. And the first time I did it, they went fucking berserk for it. So I was like, oh, okay, I'm in the clear. Because even if you're you know, not like a like a gay comedy nerd, like these guys are, at least it's so obvious and like on the nose that they'll get it. And I did that at Cobbs and it was Charlie just like you can. It was like old old bitchy ladies in the back that were pissed. That was what the whole audience was acting like. I was like, all right, I don't whatever.
Speaker 2: Hey, I hate to start another fat jew moment. Here's a joke I'm gonna do. That was the terrific has wittles. It's a lot like that. And here we go, Okay, I'm not gonna get married until gay people can get married because I'm gay.
Speaker 1: That's a way better job.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean the one up your jokes and technically his is a tweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was great.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair game. What else, Brandy? Sometimes we have lulls and and then when we have them, I just call him out immediately. Right when just.
Speaker 1: Loves to hang a flag, I think we're all just breathing for a second. Yeah, exactly, that's sorry.
Speaker 2: I gotta wave that that flag. That was that was a void and entertainment.
Speaker 1: I think you had a lulls here that put me to there. There was barely a pause.
Speaker 2: Lol phobia.
Speaker 1: What Brandy? What is your favorite television from show right now? About them? Currently? Drag Race? How'd you guys watch? Yeah, it's really fun, it's amazing, I tell you what. A couple months ago, I so I used to on Instagram.
Speaker 6: I went through phase where I was like, I'm gonna follow all these like exercise instagrams. I'm gonna get motivated, and then like a month ago, I was like fuck, this and I deleted all of them and now I follow a bunch of drag queens.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's made the world a better place. Yes, high highly recommended. Drag queen comedy is my favorite style of comedy hands down. Any Like drag bingo is my favorite thing to do in the world. Yeah, it's I think it's so hilarious. They're so sharp. They they have these skills, life skills that have enabled them to stand in front of large groups of strangers dressed as a woman and fucking just drive it, just be in charge.
Speaker 6: Those personas are so cool and over the top that I'm just like, I don't I could never be that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I love comedy that I could never be. Yeah, know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Like, yeahs so cool. It's like I could never do that. It's like I love Jimmy Pardo for that same reason, because I'm way too scripted to ever just let myself go the way that he does. Yeah, I just it's like watching it's when common becomes magic, as opposed to like me being jaded and being like, oh that's funny. I like that premise the way I am so many people well, and.
Speaker 1: Also it allows you to relax because you get to, like the rare time you get to be one hundred percent audience member totally and you're not Yeah, you don't have to be analytical, you don't have to be kind of like, uh, here's my better idea, because it's just a realm that you don't do and don't have to worry about. Yeah, like we were we were in drag bingo in New York one time and we were with a girl that I worked with. It was the type of girl, Oh, look a fat you that she had, Like the kind of girl that I did different, full, different outit every single day, like fully hat scarf, the whole thing. To have a different scarf every day. Yeah, to be that person amazing, you know, like fingerless gloves, a totally different look. And we went to drag bingo one night and the drag queen came out and started working the room and just all she did was turn and look at our table and she goes, ah, forever twenty one cruise in the house, and I just like started crying laughter. It's like, how the fuck did you do that? You've barely looked at us for two seconds. It's just genius. It's genius. It's the best. Plus like RuPaul is the ship Man.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, gosh, I have to get in on this.
Speaker 1: It's really really, really fun. It's deep too, It's deep.
Speaker 2: Oh I've seen Paris Is Burning and enjoyed us. Okay, there we go, I'm back in. I'm back in, ye perc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Paris Is Burning is one of the best documentaries that's ever existed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very Have you guys been Have you ever watched Cat Dancers? Yeah? Amazing? Oh, Brandy, you will get is fucking amazing. It is. I don't want to give anything away, but everyone listening right now watch Cat Dancers. Trust trust in Us.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know. If you like delusional people and giant tigers.
Speaker 1: Danger murder, I have Murder Theory, one of my less stations there's. I mean, it's crazy. It's some of the craziest people. It has a feeling of like an early Arrow Morris documentary because you're like, these people cannot be real. Those are my favorite kinds.
Speaker 2: They're very real.
Speaker 6: One of my best Halloween costumes was in college. Me and I had two girlfriends and like me and my my friends, you know, way dressed up like Sigfreud and Roy.
Speaker 1: Right after the accident, and then our third person wanted with, yeah with fake blood.
Speaker 6: I had like I had like a saline bag that I was holding above my head. And then we went to like this this huge drag ball in Philadelphia that happens every year, and like there were several other pairs of Sickfreed and Roy, and we kept going.
Speaker 1: Up to them and being like, fuck you you think this is funny.
Speaker 6: We were committed to being the villainous the villainous ones. And then our friends Sue was a third girl, and we couldn't find a full tiger costume, but we could find we found a pair of scrubs and we painted her face like a tiger, and then we put a little name Tiger on that said doctor Tiger, and she just kept like becoming me, like.
Speaker 1: I'm doctor Tiger. He would have finished the job, so.
Speaker 2: Oh like through a medical malpractice. Yeah that's so much better than a mauling. Yeah, just like giving the wrong medications there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was like a very multi layered costume that nobody got except the three of us. But it was fine and it was funny because like we splattered ourselves with blood and like the shower of our dorm and our oh man. At the time, we were living in a three bedroom place with like three other girls we got placed with during college, and they were all like Southern Black Baptists, Like it could not have been a worse pairing, and we like didn't have time to clean up the bathroom and when they when they came back, they were just like, did you.
Speaker 1: Guys start up the shower like an abortion for Halloween? And we were like, why would we have done that? But also that's what I will do every year for now. Well, yes, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just that backfired and you just gave us a very sinister idea. Yeah, Black Baptists, we did.
Speaker 1: We dyed our hair black at the in the college storm bathrooms, and the girls on our floor were livid, livid because they were all like these kind of like sun in fake blonde Sacramento girls that were like, I'm gonna fledge to sorority or whatever, and we were like the two people of black hair on the entire campus. They were just like, look at this, just like it's a shitty bathroom was already disgusting. We me and my friends. We stole a life size cardboard cut out of.
Speaker 6: The Crypt Keeper and we put him in the bathroom with a little word bubble that said have a nice pea, and we put a stroke late in the ceiling and they were just man, they hated us so much. Yeah, I love it. That's the best. Missed that crypt Keeper in his voice, this big smiley face is the best.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 2: Oh, the Crypt Keeper. I know who he is now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. For some reason, I watched one of those tales from the cripts and there's a lot of stars. It was like ted Dance and buried up to his neck on the beach in the ocean, slowly round him. And I didn't like seeing Sam Malone die that way. No, No, that's what it was all about.
Speaker 1: Though I went too far right, Brandy.
Speaker 2: Probably Tails from the Crypt was produced by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Speaker 1: No really, I mdb it man.
Speaker 2: A lot of times, I just I say things and I'm wrong and then people call me out. So far today I think I've been correct in most of my blurting.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Dennis Miller is in the Tale from the Crypt movie. I believe Dennis has anyone seen the new Dennis Miller TV shows, sex and drugs and rock and roll. Tell me more, tell me more. It's so rotten. He's written the music. It's about an old rock star that finds out that he has a daughter.
Speaker 2: And so it's Dennis Miller the rock star.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, not Dennis Miller Leary.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, you're canceled, canceled, This is all canceled. We can talk, we can talk, though, it's just I guess my point is that no woman can appear on screen anymore without having her entire face as smooth as the fucking you know, a piece of silk, And Dennis Leary shows up in these insane wigs with a face like that sidewalk.
Speaker 1: And it's just like James, Yeah, and I don't want to look at this ship Edward James. Not quite almost. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like that All of Dennis Leary's shows now are just him fulfilling different midlife crises fantasies for real.
Speaker 1: That's just kind of honest. Just like I'm gonna play the guitar, I'm gonna be a woodworker environment just like sit down, third grader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's easy to look at stuff he's done and enjoy some of it, but it's that whole fat jew thing.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it's like a drinking game. Dennis Leary is the o G fat jew.
Speaker 2: He just yeah, he was famously stole a persona from Bill Hicks, and everyone only in comedy knows that. So it's the worst kind because he never got called out because he got famous doing it. And there's real specific a lot of it like oh, smoking jokes and but all the stuff that was kind of like crowd pleasy that Bill Hicks did, not the actual hard hitting stuff, and he just got famous while Bill Hicks died of some sort of cancer. That's so sad.
Speaker 1: Was Bill Hicks alive when he started stealing his act or was it overlap?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do too, like to be dying and to see that happen.
Speaker 2: When it started the day that he's like cancer. And by the way, here's.
Speaker 6: Yeah Andy Kaufman on his deathbed, just like watching somebody sing to.
Speaker 2: Danger Mouse exactly.
Speaker 1: Putting things in a dryer. Yeah, damn you, there's no way this was your idea, that old put that old putting things in a dryer? Bit? Did you ever see that one? A bit y? Yeah? No, I thought it was just like it was a classic example of what no, no, no. He puts stuff in a dryer and then he lets it. It's like shoes and a towel or whatever. So as it goes, it starts this rhythm and then he starts doing a little dance and starts playing along. It's the it's just like his you know, the ship he did. But there was of course a dryer on stage. Yeah, it was like an evening at the amprov It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think he's still alive? No, easily, right? And there on Elvis' lap it would be I mean, of all the people that could do it or would do it, I suppose yeah, because I would. I could see him getting so sick of fame, Like you know, he was on taxi, he was on like a big famous sitcom. Like I'm sure that life didn't really jibe with the way he wanted to be doing things right, And you know, like when you do when you're like popular like that and then you start doing stand up and people are laughing for the wrong reason. Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah. I wonder if there was that aspect of it, you could see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't someone either claiming to be his daughter or was in need his daughter say, oh, for sure, he's still alive. I think I want But then you listen to her.
Speaker 1: Talk and she was kind of psychonic.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and it was also right in the anniversary of his death, where it's like, why didn't you bring this up earlier?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good timing.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you bring it up year twenty two?
Speaker 2: By the way, I've written a book.
Speaker 1: Oh this is the Today Show.
Speaker 2: I guess who got the guests? That guy is you, guys the fat Damn it again if you tuned in late, we're talking about a guy who has named himself that I have Jewish friends Sodas Karen, and I don't touch about the RELI.
Speaker 1: Definitely don't enjoy the race Brandy claimed to be an. This is very problematic.
Speaker 6: My old therapist, who was Jewish, once told me that she thinks that I was a Jew in a past life, which it took as the highest compliment.
Speaker 2: For real, I'm always always highly complimented. When when one time a rabbi sat next to me at this kosher deli place and was trying to convert me, and I was so flattered. I was It was also kind of weird because he really zeroed in on me, and there was all these kids around him and they were all staring, and he started talking about kosher food, and then he was started asking if I was religious. I don't know. If I don't, it's presumptuous for me to say he was trying to convert me, but he really, really, really really wanted me to get into Judaism.
Speaker 1: So he's trying.
Speaker 2: Sure, And at the time, I had a healthy fro. So see that. I'm pretty sure what I just said with rac is.
Speaker 1: Bro the word fro.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm kind of a Jewish fro.
Speaker 6: It would have been weird if he was trying to convert you to scientology.
Speaker 1: That's how they get you. You don't see it. It's like they fake left. Yeah, you're like, oh, I don't I'm not interested in Judaism. But what about going to this planet?
Speaker 6: You want to hold these weird soda cans in your hand, and I'll tell you that you're that you have a lot of stress stress machines.
Speaker 1: Yes, you hold.
Speaker 6: The these two things that look like soda cans, and then there's a little thing that goes back and forth.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 6: The test is like are you what are you stressed about? And You're like, I don't know, what are these cans in my hand?
Speaker 1: What's going on right now?
Speaker 2: It's a scientology center across from UT campus in Austin, and they were always offering a stress task and I totally was interested. I'm like, sure, I didn't know what it was, and for some reason they didn't want to give me one.
Speaker 1: Maybe I looked poor twinkling your eye. Yeah, Oh, he's just gonna be joking.
Speaker 2: He's just a hardcore Christian.
Speaker 6: Somebody told me that the fish, the guys in Seattle to throw the fish are scientologists.
Speaker 1: Every single guy at the at the at the at the fish market.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean the person could have been a liar, but they did tell me that.
Speaker 1: They were like, oh yeah, they're all they're all scientologists. I need to look into this. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was hilarious. That's all got. We have a lot of googling to do after this episode.
Speaker 1: It's Google time. Twitter tell us everybody who knows the answers to everything that we've talked about, including Jewish racism, please fill us in and.
Speaker 6: Do it disrespectfully.
Speaker 1: Please do it with an all caps. Actually, every every tweet exclamation points. I don't have enough of those my day. Actually, my favorite is when you when you tweet a joke and someone writes back you mean, and then a shitty version of the joke you just didn't yeah joke. Every time, I have to just put my phone down and like, because I want to breathe. We just really read them. It's like, no, they're probably nineteen, Yeah, leave them alone.
Speaker 6: I have a really itchy block finger. I just if I even if it's like not mean, but if.
Speaker 1: I just don't like it, yeah done. Yeah, I just get rid of black people.
Speaker 6: If I on Facebook, if I see somebody say something stupid in another person's feed, even if I'm not friends with them, I'll just be like block, I don't ever get to know me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if you if you thought about it at some point, you won't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just feel I just love the idea of them, like becoming a fan of mine someday being.
Speaker 1: Like she has no web presence. No, no, no, you did something at some point in your life.
Speaker 2: Yes, you were preemptively cut out of.
Speaker 6: Being a Take that to your deathbed and try to figure out what it is that you didn't.
Speaker 1: And then change it once you think you figured it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then but you'll never be able to tell me that you changed your ways because you're blocked from all platforms.
Speaker 1: I just like a slow burning vengeance. Yes, that's where I try to live over decades and decades in time.
Speaker 6: Just playing life chess, just like I'll get your fucking queen someday.
Speaker 1: Don't work.
Speaker 2: It may take a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you think it's over. That's funny, just big, just a casual Shakespearean villain. That's all I am. Yes, you are, thank you, it's been wonderful. Thanks for me around guys, podcast Champion.
Speaker 2: Anyone go to the pool party. Let's go swim in a pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to pool party.
Speaker 2: To go to the pool party. I can't.
Speaker 1: I have a show.
Speaker 2: Oh you have a comedy concert. Well I have a show too, What do you? What do you?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? We are opening for Jeanina Largo. Yes, I'm very excited that way.
Speaker 2: I'm not in the night off. I'm just interjecting, I have no concert tonight.
Speaker 1: Well you've had a couple of concerts you have to do to last night, right, so good take a night off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, should, I will break Sometimes gotta be a person.
Speaker 1: Well, guys here have fun at this party and try to really connect with one person that you may not know that well. I give you that challenge.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you I will, but it will be the person that I least want to talk.
Speaker 1: You're deeply connect that I am that person.
Speaker 6: I get cornered by the person I don't want to talk to, and then I get to watch everybody else have the fun conversations on the other side of the party.
Speaker 1: That's me in an show. You know why you don't do enough drugs? I know? Or any right drugs? Drugs. I'm gonna start drugs, do some drugs with Kruska.
Speaker 2: Any other than becoming a drug addict. Anything you want to plug Brandy.
Speaker 6: Other than you can find me doing a drag alley behind.
Speaker 1: Drugs the dumpster.
Speaker 6: If my Life doesn't fall part I will be recording my album on September twentieth.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll be there and where is it again? That's at the Redgate Recorders in Highland Park.
Speaker 6: You can get tickets for it at TinyURL dot com slash Sugar Tank Sugar Tank because the show that I run there monthly is called Sugar in your Gas Tank, which is after a less than Jake song. Ye, but I think it also sounds like a euphemism for laughter that nobody uses. I mostly just wanted to like, you know, get a little sugar and gas tank that's really fun. Yeah, I wanted to name my show after a less than jakeson.
Speaker 2: I like the Medicine Go Down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, and then the Lady to Lady podcast. I highly recommend you give it a listen. Guys like my podcast a lot too.
Speaker 6: We actually had a guy a couple of weeks ago that emailed us and he was like, hey, I found you guys when I was going to a really bad divorce, and I don't hate women because of your podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes yeah, so yeah, you guys really are doing God's work in that way.
Speaker 2: It's too bad that he was just one podcast away from hating all women.
Speaker 1: It is really close. Many many of us are right on the verge, and you know, you can get tipped one way or the other depending on Yeah, it really wouldn't take much for me to hate all men.
Speaker 2: Unctionately, I was just this episode away from being okay with fat Juice people just tuning in and talking about a specific guy that calls himself at you. You've been listening to Do you need a ride? With Brandy Posey as our guest? She was terrific? Uh d wyan they are are leave then I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 1: Either way we want to be.
Speaker 3: There, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they turn and on e Gayele.
Speaker 4: You want to send you off inside. You want to welcome you back home.
Speaker 1: Tell us all about every scared her?
Speaker 2: Was it fine.
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: Porn?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need ride?
Speaker 2: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need
Speaker 2: With Karen and Chriss