Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Episode two O two What's Right with Nick Wright? And this episode is brought to you by US Bank. If you ask me, nothing goes together quite like food and football, especially this time year, College football on Saturday, the Pros on Sunday in the US Bank Altitude. Go Visas Signature card provides the perfect way to earn rewards, whether you're watching your team with other fans at a local restaurant or in the comfort of your living room. Earn four times the points when you dine out or have food delivered. Maybe you order a pizza and watch it on the big screen TV of yours plus earn two times points at grocery stores, which is great if you're tailgating at the stadium with hot dogs and hamburgers. Even getting to the game can be rewarding, as you'll learn two times or any points at gas stations and EV charging stations. Go to usbank dot com slash altitude go to learn more about how you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred bucks if you spend one thousand dollars in your first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the US Bank Altitude Go. Visa signature card. Visit usbank dot com slash altitude go to apply limited time offer to the credit or an issue of this card's US Bank National Association pursued to a license from VCUSA Incorporated. Some restrictions may apply. All right, Deman's So this this is our a little scheduling update. This is our last live show until the new year. Next week we will have we will have new content, but they won't be live shows. It will be somewhat year end review. We will also on our social channels put out my Bets, which once again had another losing week. It's a rough season. There's no way around it. As a gambling show, I just got to admit to it. I'm running out of real estate to keep my streak of profitable years alive. I am running out of real estate to ever hit a five and zero. We don't have a lot of time left With that said, the last time we didn't do a gambling show Thanksgiving and I gave out the picks online, I did go four and one, So maybe the key is not overthinking it putting them out right before the games kickoff and going from there. Maybe that's helpful. Also, it probably was helpful that last time we did that, we had two of those picks were Thanksgiving Day games and I gave him out Thanksgiving morning, so I had all the available information, Like this week, what am I supposed to do with some of these games when we don't know so bucks Jags, I don't know if the Prince is playing or not, and if he is playing, I don't know the forecast because my guy, the Prince, really seems to trouble to have trouble with the slippery football. So there's a lot of balls in the air, if you will. But we have a full show for you today. We're actually gonna do a four segment show. We'll try to keep it to the regular time. So before we get into the start of the show, let's get into what missed the cut, including maybe the best performance in the NBA this season, Joel Embiid scoring fifty one against arguably the league's best team, inarguably the league's best defense in the Minnesota Timberwolves. That's not on the show. Well, oh wow, taking shots at Joel Embiid. I mean, listen, and he does, and I think the kids call it him Well, so listen, the kids call that being a foul merchant or something. Here's the thing about him falling. Joel Embiid was taught to fall when he was dealing with all those lower body injuries early in his career. Now it might sound counterintuitive, but what the Sixers training staff and doctors said was because he's so big that landing awkwardly is worse for his feet, his ankles, his knees than just kind of like slowly falling to the ground because it dissipates more force. Now, maybe you can argue he's taken that to an extreme, but that's on purpose. What they didn't want him to keep doing was, you know, landing hard and trying to keep his balance. They told him basically, you know what I mean, almost cartoonishly fall to the ground. Now he does get a lot of foul calls that you know, I would wish the oldest player in the league who's played seventy thousand minutes could get. But I guess it's never gonna happen. CJ. Stroud probably not gonna play against the Brown still dealing with the concussion, and Tommy Cutlets makes an appearance at a pizza shop, and a lot of this Tommy DeVito commentary has struck me as slightly anti Italian or at least stereotypical, and I don't really love it. Is you know, your favorite Italian American sports media member demons. Let's get to the show.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: So Miami and the Cowboys they go ahead to head this Sunday Christmas Eve. Dallas doesn't have a statement win outside of going one and one with Philly, and Miami hasn't beating hasn't beaten a winning team.
Speaker 3: I think we've got a tweet for those watching.
Speaker 4: On YouTube from you, but which one of these which one of these teams? Would prove to be a Super Bowl threat with a statement win. I don't know, I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's fine. So the tweets from NFL on CBS Cowboys Dolphins be the first game in NFL history between teams with twenty combined wins but one or fewer against teams above five hundred. Cowboys one and three against teams above five hundred, Dolphins zero to three against teams above five hundred. So, before I answer the question, something on the above five hundred stuff. It is noteworthy, it's slightly misleading. So here's the question I would ask the audience. Will you think the Cowboys are a far better team than you think they are right now? If the Rams beat the Saints tonight? The Rams beating the Saints should have no impact on what you think of the Cowboys, right And let's go ahead and say, also, if Seattle beats the Titans this weekend, will you think the Cowboys are a far better team than you think they are right now? Probably not, But if those two things happen all of a sudden, the Cowboys have three wins against teams above five hundred. So the reason the Rams and the Seahawks are above five hundred is because the Cowboys beat them. They're both seven and seven, and so I understand the oh, you beat up on bottom feeder's critique. But two of the Cowboys wins came against teams that I think are going to be playoff teams potentially certainly the Rams, impossibly the Seahawks, and right now those don't count as above five hundred wins, but they might by the end of the year. Now to the question about who proves to be a Super Bowl threat with a statement win this week, I think it's Dallas. I think Dallas has all the makings of a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Now maybe it won't matter because the Niners are just too good for everybody. That seems to be what Vegas thinks. That's certainly what the media thinks. Every NFL conversation seems to be polluted by the fact that the vast majority of the media seems to think the whole league is as you would say, Demont's a mid or worse except for the Niners and maybe the Ravens. It's like, the Niners are great, the Ravens are potentially really good, and everyone else thinks because when we talk about the Chiefs, the Cowboys, the Dolphins, who are in my opinion, third, fourth fifth in most people's power rankings. We only talk about what they're not good at. So if we're only picking apart top you know, teams that are consensus top five the other you know what, let me change it. I think the media actually thinks there's three good teams, one great team, the Niners, and then two good teams, the Ravens and the Buffalo Bills. The Buffalo Bills get more credit for their season, then teams that have been consistently good all year get for theirs. But that's you know, that is what it is now. The Dolphins, I thought, had a really impressive win this past week. I understand it was against the Jets, but the way they did it and do it it without Tyreek. I'm also impressed by the media at large's ability to accurately and I think fairly watch Tua Tongue of Iloa say he's good but probably not great, recognize the system about the exactly right, exactly right. It's amazing to me that we can have and by the way, Tua this week did something perty has not been able to do, which is play a game without one of his Avengers and play great. We're yet to see that from Brock this year. But for some reason, I've got to deal with Rock Party being an overwhelming favorite to win league MVP and Tua, whose numbers aren't as good but they're in the same ballpark, has just been totally dismissed as a candidate, as he should be, by the way, because people were like, oh, it's Tyreek. We see Tua do it without Tyreek. Nobody cares. It's a weird thing going on. With all that said, I think Dallas wins. Miami's in with a bunch of injuries. None of their their entire offensive line miss practice yesterday. That seems like a problem. We don't know if two is going to play, and I think Miami is a good not great team. I think Dallas can be a great team. And dating back to December of twenty one, Dallas is nine to oh with an average margin of victory of nearly twenty points coming off a loss. So I like Dallas in this spot. All right, next, all right, So the Ravens are facing off against the Niners. I think that's next Monday. Yeah, what are you gonna do, buddy? That's Christmas Night, Who are you rooting for? These are your two guys, this is it, Brock and Lamar. But I mean you're a huge practice.
Speaker 4: I just think you're unfair to me and I feel like I got a kpe for him sometimes. But uh okay, But yeah, I think this will I think this will be a good a good chance to see how we match up against the Night.
Speaker 3: I think it's scary.
Speaker 4: I think if we stay within seven points, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, no faith in your Ravens.
Speaker 4: No, it's it's I mean, LaVar is gonna be I think it's gonna be forced to throw the ball this game, and I would like to see him be forced to throw the ball and see.
Speaker 3: How it turns out.
Speaker 4: I'm saying within seven to be modest, but I think there's a chance they won the game. But I just haven't seen them face up against each other.
Speaker 2: So so this is a weird spot for me because I need the Niners to win. I'm gonna be Christmas Night rooting for Brock party because I need the Ravens to lose twice in the final three weeks for the Chiefs to be over the over the Chiefs. Yeah, so I need I need the Niner. I'm gonna be a big Brock Party fan this weekend. I guess like my best possible result would be somehow like a ten to three Niners victory where Party doesn't play well but the Niners find a way to win. That would be for my own take agenda, the best case scenario. I do think that I I think the Ravens defense absolutely could give the Niners some real trouble. With that said, this is the Ravens going cross country to a Niners team that is not only rolling, but fully healthy, and the Ravens and I know, Demonse, maybe you agree with me. I shouldn't say I know, because I don't know if you agree or disagree with me on this. The Ravens, despite the winning streak, have looked to me shaky the last three weeks. I thought three weeks ago that Chargers game, when the Chargers were just trying to give the game away repeatedly, the fact that it was thirteen to ten in the fourth quarter and the Ravens seemed like they were ripe to lose. Then the Rams game goes to overtime. That was the worst defensive performance for the Ravens this year. Their offense. Lamar was unbelievable in that game, and then against in the Jags. The Jags could not have shot themselves in the foot more. On every drive of the first half, they move the ball, miss a field goal, they move the ball, miss a field goal, they move the ball, Trevor drops the ball, they move the ball, they butcher the end of the half, and then despite all that, it's ten to seven midway through the third and takes a couple one in particular really great Lamar Jackson plays for the Ravens to be able to get some separation. So I understand both of these teams are on winning streaks. The Niners winning streak, to me, has been more convincing than the Ravens winning streak. So I do like the Niners in this spot. But I am very interested to see how Brock does against another one of the league's best defenses. And I'm interested to see how Christian McCaffrey does. But this is one of the best games of the year. This is right now, the one seed versus one seed. It is the super the favorite Super Bowl matchup, and from a NFL intrigue perspective, I would say this it's a bummer. If the Niners blow out the Ravens. If the Niners just dog walk the Ravens, They've already dog walked the Eagles, They've dogwalked the Cowboys. If they annihilate the Ravens, then they're to a degree to all. Let me tell you this much right now, for neutral observers, or probably not neutral observers. For people that don't want if the Niners crush the Ravens, people that don't want the Niners to win the Super Bowl, maybe you're a fan of a rival team or something, you know who, they're all of a sudden gonna become huge fans of the rest of the year the Chiefs. If the Niners crush the Ravens, people are gonna the only hope left for the league is gonna be that the Chiefs offense starts clicking to go along with that defense. It should be noted the only.
Speaker 4: Thing can't the Chiefs can do it, given the way the Chiefs season is gone.
Speaker 2: But that's just me that well then so then it's nobody. Well then it's nobody, demanse right, then then they'll just think it's nobody, correct, I mean, if they've crushed the Cowboys. They've crushed the Eagles, they've crushed the Ravens. I don't know if there's anybody left and so, and maybe that's the answer the oh yeah, Buffalo and so the the other Oh, what I was trying to say was before I was rudely interrupted, is that, uh, the only team since the Niners got Christian McCaffrey, the only team to beat them with a healthy McCaffrey, with like all of their weapons in a game when the quarterback doesn't go down was the Chiefs the first game they got McCaffrey. When the Chiefs annihilated they've scored I think beat him like forty two to thirty one or something early the first game with McCaffrey last year. And so I think it'll be a good game. I do think the Niners will win. I think the Ravens, though, will equit themselves.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: But this feels to me like the Ravens have been flirting with the loss for a month and the Niners have not been. So I like the Niners in this spot. All right, next, all.
Speaker 3: Right, fair enough.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers is officially activated off injured reserve, but he's not gonna be playing he's just gotten taken off of IR. He just wants to build up chemistry with his teammates while he's healing his achilles. Do you think this is the last stunt by Aaron Rodgers in twenty twenty three, or we're gonna hear from him again.
Speaker 2: Well, we got ten days left, so I assume we'll hear from him again. By the way, I've said enough about Aaron. I've been right at every turn, and this isn't even a classic category two opinion. This is a category one opinion. I was instantly correct, and I've been correct every step of the way. It was one thing. This is more a media commentary. It was one thing for a lot of my colleagues to be credulous about this idea that he was going to play this year. It was, on its face ludicrous. You know. Shout out while I criticize other media members, shout out to Melissa Stark and Sunday Night Football for not being credulous, because, if you remember Week ten, he told Melissa Stark his plan was to come back in mid December to be able to play, and NBC had that information and did not lead the show with it. It did not act like it was a breaking news revelation and they just kind of as a as an aside, set it mid second quarter of the game because they knew this is nonsense. I wish some other local and national media had taken it as nonsense. I'm sure Jets fans wish the front office had taken it as nonsense, and then maybe they would have signed an actual backup quarterback rather than playcating Rogers' ego. But set all that aside. What has been even more maddening is in the last forty eight hours, I've got to listen to Ian Rapaport go on NFL Network and say, well, listen, guys, Aaron Rodgers did it. He accomplished what he said he was going to do. No, he bleeping didn't. And the idea that we are now going to say, oh, unprecedented recovery based on what you don't think there have been other people who popped their achilles, who if they wanted to for a dog and pony show, take off the walking boot early and put on a specialized shoe. They could do it. Of course they could. Now if they did it, their doctor would in say what are you doing? But they could do it. You don't think there are other people that for three and a half months in could cose play backup quarterback at practice. Of course they could, but it would be ridiculous to no positive end and just to be like, look at me, look at me. And it is the fact that now the Jets this morning, demons, the Jets had to cut a player, cut him. We have fifty three roster spots. Aaron saking on your cut. Yes, they had to cut a guy. Now they already the media is cleaning this up. Aaron like, oh, he was a vested veteran, so he still gets paid. Great. They saw it to cut him, they had to move him down. He will then revert to practice squad, which then you know what that means, someone on the practice squad gets cut in service of Aaron Rodgers ego. This would this would be like if at Blue Duck, who produces this show, I was like, Hey, I'm sorry, Kara, You've got to go because my imaginary friend needs that seat. It's like huh, like no, sorry, like no, that seat is taken up by but it's important to me. My imaginary friend's gonna take it. And she's just standing out in the hallway because they're like, Ah, we don't want to upset Nick. It's so outrageous. It's just such an im and I cannot believe there are not Nora Princiati called him out on it. I've called him out on it a few others. There have been others, but the some of the real taste makers in national football media are like, man, bravo Aaron. And I will say this now for the second time. And people think I think mistakenly that a lot of my annoyance with Aaron Rodgers is because of his stance on the vaccine. That is not it. People can have whatever stance they want on vaccines. The I am I'm not trying to have that argument right now. The what surprises you.
Speaker 4: That surprises me that you're not like, like on his tail because it's like a bit. That's not a big part of you being annoyed with him.
Speaker 3: It's like him acting.
Speaker 4: That's he's also promoting other people to not get the vaccine.
Speaker 2: Well, so listen again, that is that isn't a separate bucket. I can, I can. We can have that discussion. We can have that discussion at a later date or in a different format. Here is though, what everyone should agree with Aaron on the vaccine note three years ago said after you know, misleading everyone and being disingenuous about it, Guys, I found an alternative to the vaccine, same immunization, none of the downstream effects that he felt the vaccine had. Right, That's what he told us. Okay, we now since then have learned he considers Big Pharma an evil entity, is you know, challenging Fauci, debate, me bro all this stuff. Meanwhile, so he clearly believes that at least this specific vaccine was really bad and there was another way to go about immunity, safety and health. That's what he told us. Then why have you not told everyone what it is? If I thought that everyone would that millions of people were doing something terrible for them, and I had an alternative that was better, and I might do one hour interviews every week millions of people watch, you know what I might do share the data. I might be like, hey, guys, here's the thing. Here's what you do. You smoke some peyote, you grind up a sugar pill, you rub it on your forehead, you pray to the god, and this is what you do here. It worked for me. Let me, let it work for you. So that's the first thing. Now the second time he pedaled, I solved Achilles injuries. Well, I bet Kirk Cousins would like to know what you did. Poor guy's gonna be limping around Christmas morning, all those wonderful into his like, I mean, give me a break. It's just so dumb and and we got all these people who are like, man, he if the Jets. It was a massive discussion on every sports TV show for weeks. Looking this is segments that were done. They would put up the Jets schedule and they would say, well, if they can win this game in this game, then week sixteen, that's Aaron Rodgers target date. If they could just be seven and seven, he could be back for the playoff. People were having these discussions. They were being credulous about the idea that Aaron Rodgers at forty years old, was gonna play tackle football this year. And then three weeks ago, as a birthday present to the guy, they they started and opened his practice window and we saw the video of him at practice and the quarterbacks are doing jumping jacks and Aaron's like, you know, lightly bobbing on his knees and then guys are jogging and Aaron is thirty five paces behind him, and it's like, but in fifteen days he's gonna be trying to elude Miles Garrett. The whole thing was so dumb, and I just I and people are like, I mean, this is all from the same studio that gave us. I wasn't ducking your calls. Everyone knows I don't have phone service where I live. You have to FaceTime me from the same studio that gave us. How dare you say I gave the Jets an offseason wish list? I never would. Meanwhile, they signed Randall Cobb, Alan Lazard, hired your bff to be there offen of coordinator, and Tim Boils their third string quarterback. Like the guy just such phony nonsense, And I and I it is I don't know who what people are like, uh the I don't understand and maybe I'm missing it. Maybe this Bill's gonna come doe for me. Maybe I'm gonna find out that, uh there there's power wielded that I was unaware of. But everyone knows it, and so few of us are just actively calling it out. The same guy who had the audacity to call to go after Kelsey, call him mister Pfizer when he works for the air of the Johnson and Johnson fortune, and it's like, what are we talking about this guy? Now? I gotta hear how he accomplished his goal.
Speaker 4: This is probably his version of Draymond's like antic s kidding, all hyper aggressive and the choke holds. Oh, he's getting old, running out of sauce new tactics.
Speaker 2: Well, that feel like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like he's always kind of been like this, but it's just more extreme these days.
Speaker 2: Well, and here's the other thing. If you're a Jets fan, God love you. I read the rich so Mini article this week. This morning, it's like questions for the Jets. The first one was should they bring back sala and Douglas. Well, Douglas is twenty five and fifty five as a GM. Salas sixteen and thirty two is a head coach. Obviously the answer is no. But then it's like, but Aaron likes them, Well, then I guess you gotta bring him back. The next question was should they bring back Nat Hackett. They're like, well, the Jets offense has scored thirteen touchdowns, they've played fourteen games. They probably shouldn't bring him back, but it would upset Aaron Rodgers. They are doing all of this as if they have heat era Lebron James as there as the guy. It's like, man might piss him off, but like, what are we gonna do. He's a guy who this year, the last time in the last two seasons, the best Packer quarterback play we've seen has come from Jordan Love and they're doing it for the soon to be forty one year old Aaron Rodgers. Get out of here, all right, well, welcome back in. We'll driving the card episode two or two or do our picks in about ten minutes. But first, Demons, we got a Shaq and Steph conversation, and then we're gonna play a quick holiday game. Go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Steph hit a game winning three in overtime versus my Celtics, obviously, and Shack says that Steph Curry belongs in the goat conversation. Now we already know who your goat is, but where do you think that Steph Curry lines up as in the goat debate?
Speaker 2: He's not in it. No, he's not in it. No I mean, but this is why, like I love Shack, and Shack also said he was like, He's like, STEP's better than I was. We can have that discussion. Obviously couldn't find two more different players, but like in all time rankings, we can have that discussion. Shack is very generous of spirit when it comes to like other legendary players versus him. Yeah, the only guy he always tries to tear down is Barkley and other modern and modern centers. Modern centers and Barkley he tries to tear down. But all the other guys, like the legends before him and the current legends, he's great about. But the goat conversation he's not in. It is just not there is So I don't want to spend a ton of time on this because the problem with doing this is.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess that's a different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely. Yeah, he's the greatest shooter of all time, and he might be the best ball handler of all time. Kyrie, uh, Pistol Pete actually are in that discussion. His godfather Rod Strickland not quite to that level, but.
Speaker 3: Is not there.
Speaker 2: Oh, now, Magic's the greatest passer of all time, right, you know what I mean? And so there, but Magic, I mean Magic's Lebron's size. Magic was a great ball handler for his size. But no, no, no, I think I think Steph and Kyrie are the two best ball handlers I've ever seen. But the problem with doing this is we then end up tearing a guy down. If you say, if you say, let me demons, what's up? What's up? I'm gonna this is a terrible analogy. I apologize. What's a food you like? Like that you every time you eat it, you enjoy it. But it's not just something you like, like, ah, that's good.
Speaker 3: Uh, burger from in and Out? All right, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: That's good. Okay, So you enjoy that, you like that. When you have it, you're happy. But if I were to say the burger from in and Out is the single greatest food in the world, you would then end up spending time talking about why it's not. You would be like, well, no it doesn't. It's not as good as this, is not as that, and now something you like, you're actually spending your time and energy. So the problem overrating guys is actually, by accident, the most disrespectful thing you can do to them, and underrating them is kind of the nicest because if Shaq had said Steph Curry not one of the twenty five best players ever, guess what we would have spent the last couple of days doing talking about how awesome he is. But instead, if you like Steph Curry greatest player ever, maybe what do we spend the last couple of days doing talking about why he's not? And so, the and the the reality is this, The goat conversation in the NBA is three people wide. It's Lebron, Michael and Kareem. Those are the three people eligible for the conversation with If you want to expand it to include Bill Russell, you can be. But it does feel like that's almost a different conversation. But then after that, that next group of the greatest players ever that has Magic, that has Kobe, that has Bird, that has Duncan, that has Wilt, that has Shack, that has a Cheam, that has Steph, that that is Bird. If I didn't mention him in that group, you can make an argument for Steph against any of them. Now, I don't have him ahead of any of those guys I just listed. I don't, But if someone were like Steph Curry was better than Shack or Steph Curry is better than a chem or Steph Curry was better than Larry Bird. You can at least craft the argument. I know people started to have the Steph versus Magic argument. I I don't think that one is actually all that close, but I can listen to it. But that's the apex of where it's listenable. Like you can, if that makes sense, the just like I think, you can, at least without making a fool of yourself, make the Steph was better than Kobe argument. You can. I disagree with it, but you can make it. You can make the Steph was better than Duncan argument. I disagree with it, but you can make it. You can even squint hard enough to make this step was better than Magic argument. Who I believe is the fourth gradest player ever. But that's where it ends. So the absolute top of where he can get to from a credible argument standpoint is fourth. I think he's more like eleventh, but it would be fourth and the absolute bottom if you do the opposite of it, every guy who has a credible argument is better than him, give it to him. So that would mean magic other than your top three that I've already said. Right, So obviously you have lebron Kareem Michael, and then I'm not gonna do order, but I'm gonna do the guys. I'm trying to do him off the top of my head. If I say, if I'm missing anyone obvious, say it in my ear. But you would then have You would have Magic, You would have Russell, you would have Wilt, you would have Duncan, you would have Kobe, you would have Bird, you would have a chem you would have Shack, you would have Moses, you would have Doctor J. You would have and again I have Steph ahead of Moses and Doctor J. But I'm just trying to You would have Isaiah Thomas, you would have Kevin Durant. Am I leaving anybody out? I hope I'm not. I think I listed all all. So that's fifteen. Go ahead, Daniel or anybody. If you think I'm leaving out somebody obvious, Yannis and Jokicic would be guys. At some point, you know what I mean that you would anticipate moving into that realm. Not there yet. So here's the point I'm making. You cannot have an intelligent conversation about Steph Curry's all time ranking and have him lower than sixteen or higher than four. Anywhere from four to sixteen. You can make a semi to wholly credible case for anywhere out lower than that. If all of a sudden you're like d Wade was better, Dirk was better, because those are the Barkley was better. Those are the guys in the next kind of grouping, you sound ridiculous. And anywhere above I think above six you probably sound semi ridiculous, but you at least can craft the argument of Steph versus magic. You can craft it. But anywhere above that you sound ridiculous. So he has to be if you want to seriously taken ranking somewhere from four to sixteen all time in the pantheon, I don't. And so anything lower you're gonna sound like a total hater, and anything higher you're being ridiculous. All right, let's play the game naughty or nice? Go ahead? All right, we haven't played this game like that graphic go ahead.
Speaker 4: Kind of looks like Adam Sandler, but we haven't played this game in a year.
Speaker 3: We're bringing it back. Yeah, my bad.
Speaker 4: So we're playing, and we'll give you an couple examples. A naughty and a nice one. So the NBA has given US Celtics versus Lakers on Christmas Day, we'd call that a nice category. And the NFL is giving US Broncos versus the Patriots on Christmas Eve, we would call that naughty.
Speaker 2: Disagree. I actually think that's quite nice. It's a total non watch Christmas even Yeah, exactly, exactly right. I actually think it's quite naughty that the NFL is giving US Niners Ravens on Christmas Day one of the best games of the year. On Christmas Day, Chiefs Raiders. Also, I think it's a I I really think the NFL putting a one pm game on Christmas Day one BM East Coast time, involving a West Coast team, which means you're a diehard Raider fan ten am Christmas Morning, your team's playing. I don't love it. I don't love it all right, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Christmas music probably won't be going.
Speaker 4: But first off, Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh fans are starting to get impatient with the Super Bowl winning coach Mike Tomlin, who can't seem to figure out the offensive side of the football.
Speaker 3: Since Big Ben Prime's prime ended.
Speaker 4: Would Pittsburgh moving on from Mike Tomlin be naughty or nice?
Speaker 2: I think naughty. Listen. I think Mike Tomlin's still a really, really good coach. They haven't been able to get the quarterback situation right and that's killed him. But I think that I understand if they do it, I think it would be a mistake.
Speaker 4: Next, the NBA has always owned Christmas Day, but now the NFL has taken over again. On one hand, it's nice for NFL fans, but on the other football is getting greedy during the holiday season. Is the NFL And is the NFL encroaching on Christmas Day and naughty or nice?
Speaker 2: I think it's naughty. I just kind of alluded to it. I don't. The thing about the NBA is, especially this time of year, even on Christmas, you can passively watch, like you can just have it on, but you don't have to be locked in for the entire game. If it's close late, you know what I mean, you lock in. It's a nice background noise on Christmas. NFL is not like that, especially if it's your team, and putting three games on Christmas Day. I'm just not a huge fan of I'm just not like this. There were three last weekend there were three Saturday games, then the full Sunday slate. Now this coming weekend there's three Saturday games. December twenty third, a full slate of Christmas Eve games, and then three Christmas Day games. I just don't love it all right, last.
Speaker 4: The Suns and Mavericks have been one of the best rivalries over the past few years in the NBA. Luca and Booker have gone at it in these games and have been chippy, to say the least. Well, the Suns and Mavericks play naughty or nice.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they don't like each other. And I love it. I love the chip on that Luca and Booker have towards each other. And no, I think that that's a great budding rivalry that I really do enjoy. All Right, we'll do our gambling part in just a moment, all right, Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright Episode two to two. And the holidays are upon us, and I know everyone will start thinking of what gifts to buy their significant others. I know I have. Well, I'm excited to share a great holiday gift idea light box. Light Box lab grown diamonds are proudly grown from one hundred percent renewable wind energy at the light Box Lab in Portland, Oregon. Not only that, but they're simply priced. Light Boxes Lab grown diamond jewelry ranges from classic studs to more of the moment tennis bracelets, drop earrings, and more. I know my wife would love any of these demands. Is wearing and loves the ear rings light Box sent him last month. Light Box Lab grown diamonds are perfect for family, friends, or even yourself. Make it easy for yourself and get out ruins something special with a discount we have for you. Shop now at Lightboxjewelry dot com and use promo nick Wright just my name Nick Wright for ten percent off site wide. All right to moan day before we get to uh the gambling show. I just I during the break, I looked at Twitter, and I see this tweet. Kurt ben Kurt, who's was an NFL backup quarterback for a bit with the Packers, tweeted Brock Purdy is simply a modern day Drew Breese with more athleticism. And then David Lombardi, who covers the Niners for The Athletic that not a nobody a professional NFL writer one hundred thousand Twitter followers. Okay, this is what he wrote. Brock Party is Drew Brees with Lamar Jackson's ten yard verse, which is exactly what Kyle Shanahan was looking for at the quarterback position in twenty twenty one. You want to find Drew Brees who can move like Lamar Jackson. Yeah, I know, yes, agreed, you would like to. You would like to pair up the most accurate quarterback in the NFL history with the most athletic quarterback in NFL history. And maybe I'm just a fool, and they did it.
Speaker 3: They did it.
Speaker 2: I mean they you know what, guys, they did it. That's making the television show today. I just I'm telling you right now, Hubbs, if you're watching this, this is making the television show. David Lombardi uh San Francisco forty nine ers coverage at the athletic Brock Party is true with Lamar Jackson's ten yard burst. Okay, all right, let's go to the picks. We need a five and oh week to get to five hundred. That's the reality of it. Tampa plus three and a half, never a doubt, Miami minus eight and a half, never a doubt. The Giants plus six against New Orleans. That one didn't work out. Dallas plus one and a half at Buffalo they got annihilated. Jacksonville plus three and a half against Baltimore. It was raining, so I don't even know if that should count. But we're you know, we've spent a lot of time in the past on these picks. I'm gonna rapid fireroom demonds because the reality is this. Uh, people right now probably don't care about my analysis of it because I'm five games under five hundred, so my analysis probably flawed. All right, give me the first one.
Speaker 4: First off, you got Indy plus one at Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Atlanta stinks. I think Indy's getting healthier. Jonathan Taylor is supposed to play. Indy's the better team. Indy needs the game at Lantai. I think people are getting fired. They just went to Heinike, they go rit or, Heinekee, Heineke. It's all the same. We like Indie plus one.
Speaker 4: Next, Yeah, Washington plus three at the Jets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the Jets cannot. The Jets have looked competent once in the last month and a half, and it was the one game that Zach Wilson had an out of body experience and played great. He's he's got a concussion. He's probably not gonna play. It's gonna be Trevor Simmy and the Jets can't score points. I think Washington. I'm getting Washington, who is better than the Jets, and I'm getting points. Now. Am I little worried about the turnovers from the quarterback position in Washington in this game? Given that Jets defensive front, yes, but two bad teams, two really bad teams, give me the three points. It's that simple.
Speaker 3: Next Detroit minus three at Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this is Jared Goff and a dome. It's Jared Goff and a dome against a team who you know is now on their third different quarterback of the season. Detroit needs the game. I understand Minnesota desperately needs it. I don't believe in this version of the Minnesota Vikings. Nick Mullins is one of the worst covering quarterbacks of the last few years, five to eleven and one in his career. I think Detroit, listen, Minnesota is gonna blitz the hell out of Detroit. I think Ben Johnson's gonna have an answer for that. I think Detroit against mid tier or worst teams or against most teams in a controlled weather environment like a dome is gonna cook. I don't mind laying three points for a divisional road road favorite. I know that's typically not a great idea, but I'm good with it in this spot. Detroit minus three.
Speaker 3: Next Dallas plus one and a half at Miami.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I just Miami is incredibly banged up. Dallas doesn't lose back to back. Dallas's offense I think will click back in Miami. This is a bit of a I don't want to say a trap game spot, but my Miami's massive game is next week against Baltimore and then the following week against Buffalo. If there was ever a week that they could I don't want to say overlook because it's national TV. They're at home, they're playing a great team, but they have massive games coming up in week seventeen to eighteen. Dallas coming off a loss, Miami coming off an easy victory. Dallas has to have the win with Philly all of a sudden, looking really shaky, Dallas can steal that division. I like Dallas to win, and especially given yesterday's practice report where Hill's not practicing, a Cham's not practicing. The entire offensive line didn't practice. All right, last one?
Speaker 4: All right, you got the Giants plus twelve at Philly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'm getting a dozen points in a divisional game against a team that is in total disarray, and against a team who just let Drew Lot go ninety two yards. You let Drew Lot go ninety two yards in ninety seconds. The idea that Tommy DeVito can't get a back or cover out of this. If you let if you can't stop Drew Locke to win a game, then anybody can cook on you. The Philly defenses in shambles. They just they had Matt Patricia call him plays. Matt Patricia, who famously carries around a pencil even though his play sheets laminated and you can't use a pencil on laminade beats of paper, But he does it because he's trying to coseplay as Bill Belichick. Yeah, I'll take the Giants getting a dozen points in a divisional game. So the picks this week are Indy plus one, Washington plus three, Detroit minus three, Dallas plus one and a half, and the Giants plus twelve. Last week, Demonse and I both did a teaser. Uh, and well, Demonse's was unaired, mine was aired. They both lost. We've been officially the worst teaser show in America this year. But even okay on the offer, though, what's the offer? This week? We lost to Moonse so I'll read the teaser. Don't worry about that. We're calling this one. Joe Burrow is a system quarterback. I'm not saying that. That's what the offer is. Jake brown to throw for three hundred yards and over one and a half touchdown passes for Pitt or versus Pitt for Jake Browning. I'm not gonna take that. I do understand it, but I think that's a little too rich. Against the Browns, sorry, against the Steelers defense. Read your listener questions in the chat. You can still put them in. We'll do that next What's Right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with the Right? Episode two two. This episode is brought to you by US Bank. If you ask me, nothing goes together quite like food and football, especially this time of year. College football on Saturday, pros on Sunday, and the US Bank Altitude Go Visa signature card provides the perfect way to earn rewards whether you're watching your team with other fans at a local restaurant or in the comfort of your living room. We're in four times points when you dine out or have food delivered. Maybe order a pizza, watch the Big Game on that big screen TV of yours. Plus earn two times points at grocery stores, which is great if you're tailgating at the stadium with hot dogs and hamburgers. Even getting to the game can be rewarding. You'll learn two times points at gas stations and ev charging stations. Go to usbank dot com slash altitude go to learn more. But you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred dollars if you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the US Bank Altitude Go visa signature card. Visit usbank dot com slash altitude go to apply limited time off for the credit or an issuer of this card is US Bank National Association pursuant to a license from VCUSA, Incorporated. Some restrictions apply, all right, So horton GMR ten asks and I'm gonna read these questions. Demandy's getting his mic fixed. But we're about to wrap the show, anyway, Where do the Lakers go from here? After an underwhelming fifteen and thirteen start trade a new coach? Lebron asks out, there's not gonna be a new coach. Lebron's not gonna ask out. I do think that they're gonna make a significant trade at some point. I also think that it does seem like they put a lot of effort and energy into that end season tournament, and since then for them and the Pacers that things haven't been quite right. I don't have really the answer on that, but you can't be getting blown out by the Chicago Bulls. Give me a break. Daniel Christo christasect pardon me, asked, could Kadarius Tony's receiving issues being equipment management issue? He's wearing different gloves and other guys, I've never thought of that. I did have the Galaxy Brain take though yesterday, and I think the producers will love this, including producer Kara, who once upon a time I called an intern in just earlier the show I fired for an imaginary friend. Sorry about that, Kara. Uh, here's my Galaxy Brain. Kadarius Tony drops take if he were worse it'd be better. The take is this the Kadarias Tony drops. If they were traditional drops that just went through his hands down, nobody would care. But because he's almost catching it and then trying to double catch it and he pushes it up, they turn into interceptions. If he was worse, nobody would care about these drops. Cutlass asks, do you ever think we'll see Stephan Lebron team up before they retire? Listen? If the Warriors, Suns, and Lakers all have disappointing seasons as they are as it looks like they're all going to I personally would love to see I think Oklahoma City's the only team that could make this happen as far as cap space and trade assets. I'd love to see an old guys team next year. Lebron at forty, step and Katie both at thirty six. Those three guys just taking like in a sports movie, three of the oldest players in the league, three legends teaming up against all the young guys. But no, I don't think we'll ever see it. And then the last one is Zane Martin ask. Because the NFL's are hard salary cap league, do you think salary should be considered for MVP. Sure, let's have pretty, let's give pretty more advantages. No, it shouldn't be considered for MVP. It should be considered as far as what player is adding most value given the cap. But that's totally separate from what the award most Valuable Player is supposed to be. All right, guys, be on the lookout. Next week we'll have a kind of a year end recap, new episode for you. You can see me on TV of course all throughout this week and next week as well. But if I don't talk to you before, then have a wonderful holidays, have a great new year, and we'll talk to you guys soon. We'll try. Hey, it's Nick Wright. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demansey's got a financial bonus riding on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commutes, drives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears. Instead of through your eyes, all that check it out, appreciate your