Speaker 1: Keep on riding with us, says, we continue to broadcast the balance and defend the discourse from the Hip Hop Weekly Studios. Welcome back to Civic Cipher. I'm your host, Ramsy's job.
Speaker 2: That is my brother Ramsey's jah. I am his brother q Ward and you are our brothers and sisters listening to Civic Cipher and we love that.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it, and we hope that you didn't miss the first part of the show. But if you did, hit Civiccipher dot com. You need that because it definitely goes with the second part of the show. Today we are discussing the attacks on Kamala Harris. The first part of the show, of course, the attacks from the right, and this part of the show, we want you to stick around because we are going to be discussing the black attack on Kamala Harris. You may have encountered some stuff online that seems like it's casting her in a bad light, or she's like this awful person who's done all these awful things black people, or has never been present or is not black or whatever. We're gonna talk about all that today because we kind of have to. There's a lot at stake and it's really easy to get caught up in the algorithms and not do any research. So we've done the research for you. All you got to do is sit back, relax and listen. But before we get there, it is time to discuss ba ba becoming a better ally baba. And today's Babba is sponsored by Friends of the Movement. You can sign up for the freebo to wallet from Fotmglobal dot com spart black businesses and allied businesses as well as make an impact with your spending. Again, that's fotmglobo dot com. Can you want to hit this one because you're the one to send.
Speaker 2: It over so one time. From Mesa, Arizona, the Republican mayor of the City of Mesa, Arizona, John Giles, has announced he is endorsing Kamala Harris for president. Our party used to stand for the belief that every Arizonian, no matter their background or circumstances, should have the freedom, opportunity, and security to live out their American dream, Giles said, But since Donald Trump refused to accept the outcome of the twenty twenty election, Republicans have yet to course correct. The Republican Party with Trump at its helm continues down the path of political extremism, away from focusing on our fundamental freedoms. In the spirit of the late Senator John McCain's motto, country First, I called on other Arizona Republicans to join me in choosing country over party this election and to vote against Donald Trump end quote.
Speaker 1: So that takes a lot of courage and a lot of bravery, and especially in Arizon publican white man in Arizona, but we wanted to shout him out, and of course we're on the radio in Arizona.
Speaker 2: So our hope is that this makes its way.
Speaker 1: To him, because no matter what we do, share this country, and you know, folks that are objectively able.
Speaker 2: To also damn in that. Shout out to white dudes for Harris. They did great work, raised four million dollars. Fox panel Jesse Water said, I heard the scientists say the other day that when a man votes for a woman, he actually transitions into a woman. A supposedly respected broadcast journalist said this on Fox unchecked with women present.
Speaker 1: It's the wildest timeline that we live in, man. But yeah, shout out to white dudes for Harris and John Kyles all right, back to the lecture at hand. To quote the illustrious, the most famous rapper in the world' snood.
Speaker 2: Dog, the philosopher, the great philosopher brought us talk to him. All right.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people are really happy about Kamala Harris's presidency. It has absolutely infused the Democrat Party with energy. We've seen it on the ground. There's been just new energy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But black people, I could say this because I'm real black, ban to black, the blackest person you ever met.
Speaker 2: With navy black. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Black people, man, we're like, we're like kick puppies sometimes. What I mean when I say that, please, oh yeah, yeah, I got it. What I mean is like we fear that everybody is out to get us, even if they're not right. You know, have you ever seen a puppy that's been abused? They're just scared of everything, right, No, not all of us, of course, But I understand where that comes from, right, you know, all skin folk and kin folk. That's a real thing for us. We see black people, we feel like they understand where we're coming from. And that's not always true. And we have to know that there are Uncle Tom's there were black slavers, there were you know whatever. There's people that were campaigning and stumping for Donald Trump. We met one the other day. I won't say her name. But it doesn't mean that it's appropriate. It doesn't mean that it's just. It doesn't mean that it's well founded. Our fears of black people that say that they're coming to help us out.
Speaker 2: You know, we've fallen into this position of question everything, believe nothing. Right. Well, if you're going to question everything, some of those answers should be impressed upon you. You can't decide nothing, excuse me, nothing else.
Speaker 3: You can't decide nothing's true. Now here's where that becomes extra problematic. We know that the people that listen to this show tend to be the sort of people that look at black people, that look at Hispanic people, the look at perhaps the lgbtqia plus people, Asian people, native populations, et cetera, as their brothers and sisters as extensions of their own family. Even right, the people that listen to this show are the most likely to be allies of other communities, maybe even go out of their way to support someone who might be marginalized or disenfranchised.
Speaker 1: Right, But that leaves them vulnerable. Two, the very black people that have that sort of puppy syndrome. So if they're looking at these influencers on social media who are very critical of Kamala Harris, and we know that the criticisms, maybe they're not baseless, but they're not well founded, and they're not based in a shared reality, and they're not nearly as big a mountain as they make them out to.
Speaker 2: Me scholastically researched all of that, right, not fact checked, but we recognize that there are people who could look at someone and by virtue of the fact that they are black and that they are close enough to the conversation to be able to offer something incredibly.
Speaker 1: There it is and authenticity and there it is right. And so these black people who somehow are critical of Kamala Harris when she's running against Donald Trump have the capacity to influence non black people who are looking to them for guidance. Listen, I want to vote the right way. I am a white, sixty year old woman in Middle America, and I want to vote the right way. I don't believe that Donald Trump is going to be good for me or for the people that I love, my extended family, my brothers and sisters from different tribes, right, And then they come across an influencer on social media, and this influencer says, Kamala Harris is the worst thing that ever happened to black people. She's locking up all the black people. And then that six year old white woman says, oh, no.
Speaker 2: I might as well do what I've been doing. I might as well not vote, or I can't vote and not participate, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And what we're here to do today is tell you how that kick puppy syndrome came about and really debunk a lot of what it is that they're using. Because I mean, that kick puppy syndrome. I don't want to coin that phrase, but it's we're here now. That again, is the result of we could go back a few years, we can go back one hundred years.
Speaker 2: We found it mistrust, well founded, abuse, found it consistent, abusistent, lying to broken promises, franchise like, it's not for nothing.
Speaker 1: It comes from a place. But then and then here's the other part. Obama was the president, and there are some people that felt like when Obama became president that he should have been what Donald Trump is now. He should have been that for black people then, and if he.
Speaker 2: Should have been what Donald Trump is now for white supremacy, there you go. He should have been that for black people. And there are people black people's causes, black people's well being not just over the well being of everybody else, but in spite of make sure we're good forget everybody else, as if that's that's not a real thing.
Speaker 1: No decent human being would do that much less the president of a country with three hundred and forty million I always forget the number, but three hundred some million people.
Speaker 2: Except that frustration becomes well founded when you see Donald Trump. One like Donald Trump become president and do exactly what he did. People are like, yo, Barack, Yeah, whyyen do that for us? Right?
Speaker 1: And now that we know that it's possible. And they look at a Kamala Harris, they think, well, you know, all skin folk and kim folk. She's black, you know, good for her, but I ain't voting for her.
Speaker 2: You know. And there's black women that say all this kind of weird old stuff. Right.
Speaker 1: So I hope you didn't miss the first part of the show, but if you did, we're gonna play some videos. These videos come from influencers because we're fighting this battle on the same battlefield as some of the social media algorithms that are serving up all this nonsense about Kamala Harris. We took some stuff from some influencers, we fact check those, and we have like you can bring it back to us. Qwan Rams is on Civic Cipher. If any of this doesn't check out, we're here to tell you. So this first video is it addresses a question did Kamala Harris lock up thousands of black men?
Speaker 2: So let's fly that one.
Speaker 4: Remember when Kamala Harris ran for president in twenty nineteen and people were saying she was behind the incarceration of thousands of black people for non violent weed defenses. She put over fifteen hundred people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana. Turns out the entire thing is a right wing lie. First off, where did the thousands number come from? As far as we can tell, and according to the AFP, the number comes from a Washington Free Beacon article that said one thousand, five hundred and sixty people were jailed in California between twenty eleven and twenty sixteen, So during Harris's tenure, ask California ag for nonviolent marijuana convictions. That article ceted data from the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, or the CDCR. When the AFP contacted CDCR, they found out that this data was for all inmates, not just black inmates. The CDCR said there was no data that broke these inmates down by ethnicity nor gender. Second, blackmails in jail made up roughly the same amount before and after Hairs left the eight job. Third, to better understand Harris's views on non viout marijuana of fences, we can look at her time as DA in San Francisco. From two thousand and four to ten, there were one nine hundred and fifty six marijuana convictions and just forty five of them resulted in jail time. Not to mention, but she was also a champion of the Biden Harris admin's pardons for federal weave convictions and the reclassification of lee as a less dangerous substance. I am in no way saying any all this data is particularly glowing for Harris, but at least if you're going to judge her, judge her on her true record and her full record.
Speaker 1: Now I realize you probably didn't know that. And we had to find that video because we've learned that video along with like the do O Hughlee video.
Speaker 2: You know, we learned this stuff, and we other creators who have come out to speak truth about some of these lies that they helped spread the first time around, first time out of black people, as Ramses said, fail for those lies when she was running for president, right, And it's a thing. It happens.
Speaker 1: We live in a world where it's just very confusing, and now we live in a world where, like you've seen the videos, the AI videos and stuff like that, it's way worth the one that Elon mus shared and all this sort of stuff. It's so convincing and it feels like what a weird reality to live in.
Speaker 2: We've faced similar misinformation with regards to vaccines. We had that similar fear because we seen the government or institutions or people that we should trust experiment on us and use us as guinea pigs black people specifically test subjects. Look up the Tuskegee experiments black people specifically. Yeah, So things like that led us to be a bit apprehensive and not so gung ho about, you know, jumping off the portrait of vaccines. We had to help rid ourselves of a lot of misinformation, just like we have to do the same now. We have to be diligent.
Speaker 1: So so IQ was saying this, and we're saying this to say that if you happen to be one of those people that thought that Kamala Harris locked up thousands of black men and she was this spiteful, hateful, you know whatever, then you could be forgiven for being subjected to external forces a lah algorithms and social media influence, who themselves have been influenced by a right wing agenda or a tear down smear campaign.
Speaker 2: So what's cool to say I got it wrong? Man? We have to Yeah, we can do it all the time. We call it eating crow.
Speaker 1: That's another term we got from young Shouty anyway, And another thing I want to say here too, I recognize that we are.
Speaker 2: Taking the time to.
Speaker 1: Dress up the Democrats messaging, and the Democrats really need to do this themselves right, because you know how long it takes to do this hour show.
Speaker 2: To her credit, however, she has been doing a much better job than her in this little bit, this little week, she's kind of taken the gloves off. We've been very very take the high road as they've just plundered us on the low road. They lied and cheated and bullied, and we just keep trying to be polite and respectful, and at some point you have to fight back plainly. And she's done a good job so far of at least starting to tread into those waters that we've been too polite to step into. Yeah, that's very fair, But.
Speaker 1: I recognize that this type of research you would expect. You would expect the campaign to know what's being said, identify the falsehoods, and then have some centralized messaging or some marketing campaign to get the messaging out.
Speaker 2: Another thing that makes that tough, though, is that political parties, for all of our lives have used mass media to campaign. When mass media lets one side of this discussion just make I just almost curse because I get a little frush, just make stuff up. It's hard for you to then get back to your actual messaging because you've got to try to refact check the lies that were just told by the other side. So instead of carrying on about all that you will do and have done. You just end up running behind them to say that was false and that was a lie, and I kind of think that's intentional. Yeah. Yeah, so it's a mess.
Speaker 1: But we're happy to help because we do believe that Trump is perhaps the worst thing, and we always say that because it's true every four years, and it does get worse every four years.
Speaker 2: But man, I do not want to do this because it's still him. Yeah, we're not being hyperbolic or trying to build this false fear. Dude is really but repugnant. Like he got some strength now, yeah, some legal strengths. So anyway, a lot of other black people online, the common thing that you hear is what has she done for black people? And a valid question, but people asked that question because they don't know what she's done for black people, or they assume since they don't know, that she's done nothing for black people. And they've also taken five seconds out of a twenty second response where they cut out the words essentially forgive me if I'm miss quoting. I can't do anything just for black people. But if you listen to the entire quote, we'll have to find it and post it on our socials. She speaks to doing things for us. Two they made it seem like she was saying she would not do things for us. So these are things that you again and again that's intentional. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the amount of manipulation of like images and footage and stuff like that is wild. But anyway, we're gonna approach with this next video. What has she done for black people?
Speaker 2: Hamlin Harris Heiny in the fact she's black? Howard University Alpha.
Speaker 5: Chapter AKA, it's enough to get my attention, but it ain't enough to get my vote on Skinfolk game, Kimfolk, you bet check on record, and I did that and I find out some things.
Speaker 2: You do, Yo.
Speaker 5: Kamlaris is almost exactly what you expect from a prosecutor with the credentials I just mentioned. First off, you don't even qualify to talk about her unless you heard about back on Track. That's like trying to discuss jay Z without hearing reasonable doubt. Back on Track was restorative justice program for eighteen to twenty four year old first time non violent, low level drug effics. Instead of jail or a charge on the record, folks got sent in the boot camp where they got job rating. This training rental training or the GED got connected with employees.
Speaker 2: For careers, got their credit fixed. That's a pretty good deal, I'm feeling would sell a ounce right. Nah, Okay, but for.
Speaker 5: Real, most people graduated that program, student charges out like it never happened. As DA of San Francisco, she made social services help parents prodimpately and officially true kids.
Speaker 2: Twitter told job she was streatening up with jail chap.
Speaker 4: The most important issue for me really is that we get these kids into school.
Speaker 2: The goal is not to prosecute parents. It's to get these children to go to school. We are not talking about hooking and playing hooky. And frankly we all did okay.
Speaker 5: Nah, they were missing forty to eighty days. That ain't hookie, that's hiatus, and nobody went to jail. I checked since he got them kids back in school and kept them out of beencarceration in the grade. She also created re entry initiatives with people in jail, we get out and not go back and make it over twelve hundred domestic abuses, the child molesters, rapists, and violent criminal transnational gangs got twenty billion backs for Cali from the big banks out of the foreclosure crisis created silk rights division in Sam Francisco DA's off. When she first got ins, threw the charges out for the activist in the protests who got arrested. Shoty your hero off Senator of no disrespect, not the mission in conserration, weights for marijuana charges fell each year. She was a g So much for that theory about her believe in the massive conserration. But Kamla Harrison, I'm excited. I'm excited about the plans for government form and HBCU with gyms. I'm excited about women's equal pay and the return of consent decrease. I'm excited about black home ownership and a black woman on the Supreme Court. I'm excited about black businesses, women and a D nine step show the day before inauguration, y'all know they having a step show, and I'm gonna be there too, with an eight dollars fish plate and some Mambo sauce. At the end of the day, she the strongest and most prepared and exactly what American need right now, and I look forward to seeing her stroll into the White House in twenty twenty one. That's the ak Joe Hope sha'll make academy members probate. Though now I say four to eight years the D nine jokes are gonna be hilarious. I still ain't been the same. So somebody said she's gonna put aka tags in the back of the Air Force.
Speaker 1: One shout out to the Skiwez one time.
Speaker 2: And real quick before we move on. Was up that video, And it's important to say this this way because I've tried to find it the other way and it's very difficult. It's posted on TikTok by at underscore Leak l e e K underscore C. When you get to his page, he's going to angrily tell you to stop telling him thank you for that video because it was a video posted by Drew Comments. Except if you go to Drew Comments and that's Drew d R e W Comments the way that it sounds, you won't be able to find or at least we couldn't find that video on his page. So it's Drew Comments but posted by at underscore l e e K Underscore C.
Speaker 1: So one of the things that I feel it's important to mention right now is that, uh, you know what he was talking about Whenkama Harris throughout the charges for the protesters. That is something that flies in the face of a lot of like active this narratives with respect to Kamala Harris. And I understand that because you know, we around here, we are the real activist, right, We don't just be in the studio. We get out there and you know there's something there, you know what I mean. And now again we're not saying Kamala Harris is a perfect candidate, but by comparison, you know, it's you know what I'm saying, And then everyone is just dead set on tearing people down.
Speaker 2: Well, you know your boy said that in ABJ that she's not black, So let's talk about that. Actually, you want to take this one from Time magazine. I don't even want to take it, but sure, right, Harris is not black. That's the claim from Time magazine that time. Rather, this is the same Time magazine article debunking a lot of facts about Kamala Harris. So go ahead. The claim is that Harris is not black. The facts this is false. Harris is black and Indian. Her father, Ronald Harris, as a black man who was born in Jamaica. Shayamala Gopelan, her mother was born in southern India. Now people listening might say, well, that's Jamaican and Indian, that's not black, And I'm so glad you said so, because when race was constructed in this country, there was a very intentional point of emphasis, the one drop rule, so that they can consider you a subclass. If you had one drop of black blood anyone from the African diaspora, you were black. Okay, So don't try to unblack her now because it fits this narrative you're trying to push.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take it one better. So my sister's husband, he's Jamaican, right, his name is Jim Jirell, but he was born in the United States of America, so he is African of African descent more immediate born in the United States of America. So guess what he has African American experience, right, same is true with Kamala Harris, who was born where.
Speaker 2: Oakon, California, Alpha Chapter aka Howard University watched d All.
Speaker 1: Right, that's gonna do it for us for right now on civic cypher. Of course, we could go on and there's a lot that we left on the table, but we only have an hour, so we thank you for listening for the hour if you did, and for the last half if that was all you could give us. We still employ you to go hit the website and download the entire episode or anything you may have missed, and follow us on all social media because we have to share some of the videos and clips that we discussed in today's episodes, so you can go back and check those on our social media. You can find us again at civiciper dot com, c ib I c c I p h e R. You can find us on all social medias at Civiccipher against the IPI.
Speaker 2: C I v I c c I p h e R. You can follow me on all social media at rams's jah I am q Ward on all social media as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, and hopefully we've helped out a little bit and we'll change the world together.
Speaker 2: Hi until next week, out peace, Peace,