Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: I am all in with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody Scott Patterson, I Am all in Pop Culture, Season five, episode eight. The party's over. Emily is glad Rory told her about Dean and that she didn't have to hear about it on the street. I'm joined by tars Suit, Daniel Romo, and Margaret impersonator Amy Sugarman.
Speaker 3: I will wait, Scott Crackstaff.
Speaker 1: Crackstaff is not happy right now. By the way, there's blowback here.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something. We're gonna Crackstaff, you know, I had to talk him off the ledge and guess what we're gonna do an episod. So with crack Staff, aren't we totally They're gonna come on and they're gonna tell us. They're gonna tell us some things, okay, because they're real and they're hard working. I haven''re gonna bring it.
Speaker 2: Maybe the crack staff answered it.
Speaker 3: So at the end, towards the end of the episode, when Logan comes out and he's all charming and amazing and saves her from that guy, and you hear someone yelling Finn, and then Finn comes out and says, you know some response, but Logan's lips aren't moving.
Speaker 1: The other guy that I watched four times.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs to rewatch and try and explain this to me.
Speaker 1: More homework from Amy, Thank you, all right? Told her about Dean.
Speaker 4: You hang out on the street so often, Mom, You and Melrose Larry Green.
Speaker 1: Melrose Larry Green is a man who would stand on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles holding signs for the Howard Stern Show. During the oj Simpson trial, the double murder trial, he left his normal spot on Melrose Avenue and stand outside the trial, which I think was in Santa Monica with signs. He got arrested for starting a riot outside the trial. Hmm, all right, LORELEI is making a joke because Emily most definitely is not hanging out on the street Melrose Larry Green. How in the hell would anybody in the audience know who Melrose Larry Green is in the first place. M That is the obscure pop culture references I have ever seen.
Speaker 5: Danielle Paris believes the Yale faculty members over fifty thinks she's easy since we'd got out about her and Asher.
Speaker 2: You sleep with one old guy and suddenly you're Catherine and Zada Joan oh Man.
Speaker 5: Catherine Zada Jones and Michael Douglass got married in two thousand after meeting at a bar. At that time, they wedge. She was thirty one and he was fifty six. Their twenty five year age gap bris some eyebrows at the time. However, they just celebrated twenty two years of marriage and have two children together together, so they have the last laugh. Paris was referring to herself as Katherine Zada Jones in this scenario because of the age difference between herself and Asher.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll play look in this scenario, who would like to play opposite me?
Speaker 2: I will, but I was going to do the pop culture part, but maybe I'll do both.
Speaker 5: I could be Lauraai.
Speaker 3: Okay, great Luke telling Laurlai about all the food he is making for dinner.
Speaker 5: You are the perfect man.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: I used to think its Kelsey Grammer, but it's it's not.
Speaker 2: It's you fine, Kelsey Grammer.
Speaker 1: Oh should you try to step on my line?
Speaker 2: I apologize. I just realized that.
Speaker 1: She stepped on my line. Now we're gonna have to do over all right. Finally, I'm one up in Grammar, So I.
Speaker 2: Love this reference, but totally also random.
Speaker 3: Kelsey Grammar gained fame for his role as doctor Fraser Crane on Cheers, and it's been off Fraser at nearly twenty years. This is one of the longest running roles played by a single live action actor in US television history. Now, Kelsey Grammar was also in one of the X Men movies. He's in a million things, and he was the husband to Camille.
Speaker 2: For me, she was the real housewife.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: She's a housewife. Okay.
Speaker 5: It did not age well because what Kelsey Grammar on Housewives was not a good guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is the father Grammer who's also a good actress.
Speaker 1: Boy. Yeah, anyway, all right, moving on. Now, it's Laurela helping set the mood. Oh no, well I'm Luke, so I can't. Sorry, I have a line here, somebody take over. I can read it.
Speaker 4: Larela is helping set the mood for their date night by pulling out candles and music.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I brought a little ambiance in a little Clooney George Rosemary.
Speaker 4: So Rosemary Clooney was a singer and actress She came to prominence in the early nineteen fifties with the song come on My House and which is a song that plays in the scene, and some might recognize her from the popular in nineteen fifty four musical White Christmas. We all know who George Clooney is, but if not, he was America's most eligible bachelor until Amal scooped him up and is known for his movies Gravity, Oceans eleven, twelve and thirteen, Batman and Robin Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? And many many more?
Speaker 2: And how do you even talk about George Clooney without talking about.
Speaker 1: Er By Because because these are movies and he practiced, I want to talk.
Speaker 3: About e r There is no George plenty about facts of life and doctor Doug Ross on er.
Speaker 1: Hello Loujah's sister, Hello Lujah. Luke says it's time to add the art of chokes.
Speaker 2: It may have choked Artie, but it ain't gonna choke me. That's some Little Rascals humor.
Speaker 1: Oh that's me. Lauralia is referencing the nineteen fifty five Little Rascals TV series, which was a syndicated package of the classic nineteen twenty nine to nineteen thirty eight shorts from the Our Gang Comedies movie series. Wa wah wa wah remember that?
Speaker 5: Wh wa wah Oh, I'll say the next month, Lorelai is setting the table for their dinner.
Speaker 2: Have you been pilfering silverware from the diner?
Speaker 1: It's my diner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's wrong. You should have boundaries in your life.
Speaker 3: You need to work on, you need a home life, and the silverware is your work life.
Speaker 2: I'm so telling Doctor Phil on you who's that?
Speaker 4: Doctor?
Speaker 5: Doctor Phil is the host of the daytime TV top rated program Doctor Phil, currently in his twenty first season, which I believe it's ending soon, right, this is the last season.
Speaker 2: I'm making that a yes, correct, it's over. It's over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I guess it's yeah.
Speaker 1: It's drove by his house once in Beverly Hills and screamed out the window, Doctor Phil. I did. I actually did that.
Speaker 5: According to four Doctor Phil brings in a whopping ninety five million dollars per year, and Larela's making a joke because Doctor Phil often talks about the importance of sending boundaries in your life.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, wow.
Speaker 4: I saw Doctor Phil sitting in front of me at a Jonas Brothers concert at the Hollywood Bowl because his son was on tour with him. But it was the most random celebsiting son was on tour with the Jonas Brothers. Yeah, he opened up for that.
Speaker 1: Oh who's his son? Jordan McGrath.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, married to E Television's Morgan Stewart.
Speaker 1: Yep, huh wow, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: PJ. Ranting about the fight he and Liz just had.
Speaker 1: Not just a fight, a whim, a monster of a fight. It was like Jake Klamatta and then with that blond chick he was married to.
Speaker 3: Okay, I will tell who Jake Lamada is, but Scott, I have to give you ten out of ten on that.
Speaker 1: That was it was it was it not horrible? Okay, good?
Speaker 2: No, it was very very good.
Speaker 1: Big.
Speaker 2: I was wondering.
Speaker 3: Jake Lamatta was an American professional boxer. He was World middleweight champion between forty nine and fifty one. He was nicknamed the Bronx Bull or Raging Bull. So I'm wondering, is that the movie?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: That Okay, Vicky Lamara.
Speaker 3: Yep, Vicky Lamata is the blonde chick TJ is referring to. She was Jake's second out of seven wives, and was often subjected to brutal beatings by the boxer.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that took a turn.
Speaker 3: PJ is referring to Jake and Vickie's fighting thenes in the eighty nineteen eighty movie Raging Bull. It was directed by Scorsese and was a biographical drama about Jake Lamatta's wife.
Speaker 2: Now, was it al Pacino?
Speaker 1: DeNiro?
Speaker 2: DeNiro? Pardon me? Oh god? First of all, I walked myself into that one.
Speaker 3: Did you hear about the big Twitter debate Who's hotter DeNiro or before?
Speaker 2: I take neither? Neither?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Somebody put on Twitter Who's hotter DeNiro or Paccino?
Speaker 3: And like over a quarter of a million to like three hundred thousand people replied to the.
Speaker 1: Poll, you mean in their prime?
Speaker 2: No, this is like two weeks ago, so.
Speaker 1: They want to know who people. They want to know if if Paccino now is hotter than DeNiro now back then?
Speaker 2: And when they.
Speaker 1: Say in their prime, oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I thought you meant was this a Twitter thing?
Speaker 3: And the prime which, now that I realized, that wouldn't have made no sense because there was not correct pardon me, yes, in their Prime and uh, I.
Speaker 2: Just I don't I'm not. I don't care. I'd rather you don't care would have been more fun for me.
Speaker 1: I often spend time rejecting Twitter polls myself. I feel very empowered by rejecting them. I just say to myself, I don't care, and I move on. I keep scrolling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just say pass.
Speaker 1: All right, since I'm performing in this next one, I can't read the setup. I'll read it, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: I love this song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good one. Laura. I asking Luke about stirring the sauce.
Speaker 1: You can't ruin it.
Speaker 2: I can. I have powers.
Speaker 5: Once the Barefoot can Tessa was making a soup fle and it fell. She looked out at the TV and said, Gilmour, was that you?
Speaker 2: First of all?
Speaker 4: I love Barefoot Canard? Oh she's American Cooking. Barefoot Contesta's an American cooking show that premiered November thirtieth, two thousand and two, on the Food Network, Hosted by a celebrity chef, I in a Garden, and each episode features a garden assembling dishes of varying complexity, and Lorelei is joking that her terrible cooking powers are so strong that she ruined the Barefoot contestas soufle By just by watching the show.
Speaker 5: I did during COVID do a virtual cooking class of hers amy. Did you do that with me?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: But I remember when we were doing it.
Speaker 5: I was so exciting.
Speaker 4: It's so fun.
Speaker 2: I know, would you make fun shoot?
Speaker 5: I don't even remember. I think it was for Gardner or something, but I do have her cookbook now, and for Thanksgiving this past year, I made her carrot cake, and Holy Mother of Pearl, that is a good carro cake.
Speaker 2: Mother.
Speaker 1: She always put so much, but her too.
Speaker 2: God, you you bring us home on the last one.
Speaker 1: No, because I want to play Logan, Oh, okay.
Speaker 3: Then I'll do Logan tells the boys to head back to the poolhouse as he attempts to cheer Rory up after she has just had her incident with Dean.
Speaker 1: I've got some serious bucking up to do her.
Speaker 5: I swiped some Scotch.
Speaker 4: All reenact Passion of the Christ.
Speaker 1: I'll reenact Passion of the Christ. No, w, how do you do it? How do you do Australia, I'll reenact Passion. I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Is hard you're pretty close. I'm not another shrimp. Put another shrimp on the bar.
Speaker 1: And we went up the road and we sold. We sold a thing on the road, and we took it away from the road, and we proceeded on up the hill. No, I can't. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't do it. The Passion of the Christ is a two thousand and four American epic biblical drama film produced, directed, and co written by Mel Gibson and starring Jim Caveazel as Jesus of Nazareth, Maya Morgan Stern as Mary, mother of Jesus, and Monica Balucci as Mary Magdalene. And I will admit I also never saw this movie.
Speaker 1: You never saw a Passion of the Christ?
Speaker 2: No, I know. I could spend a year watching movies.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, I'll tell I'm gonna warn you. It's not a comedy.
Speaker 2: Yes. Wait, did crackstaff send anything or are they on strike?
Speaker 1: Ah? Yeah they're not. There's no, they're not cracking.
Speaker 2: We're gonna win them back. No, they want I know what they want. I know what they want to think.
Speaker 1: This is an extortion plot.
Speaker 2: They want credit.
Speaker 1: They're awesome.
Speaker 2: Tell them, tell them me that it.
Speaker 3: Sometimes there's mystery in life and people wonder who is the crackstaff.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not gonna have to wander much longer because they're coming on at the end of the season. Yeah, going to have crackstaff on. They are going to no, no, no, they just crackstaff. I sent them on an all expenses paid vacation to Tahiti.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're going to be fishing and snorkeling. And all sixteen of the Crack staff are in their support staff are in Tahiti right now, so there will be no notes. Okay.
Speaker 3: What I would appreciate is if those listening can help me find out who said Finn.
Speaker 2: That's all I.
Speaker 1: Asked, right.
Speaker 3: Also, please save your letters about my crappy audience. I had some real technical problems today and I can't take the pain of a bunch of Instagram messages telling me my audio sucks because I know.
Speaker 1: I know. This is the trials and tribulations of the Premiere Global and Margaret impersonator and you, sugarman.
Speaker 2: No one listening knows because.
Speaker 1: When you were running away, it was like a sixties Life magazine photo of and in her apartment. You know, the baby's and so Ann ran off and they snapped a picture of her.
Speaker 3: I've been running around trying to get computers and chords and phones and microphones.
Speaker 1: It's very it's very sixties lighting in there. It's like fine, it's really something. And then when you ran back it was like the same thing.
Speaker 2: Today's technical difficulties are brought to you.
Speaker 1: By Life Magazine and and Margaret Anyway. That's gonna do it for pop culture. It's been another rollicking ride with this teen Tarsu, Danielle Romo and Margaret herself, Amy Sugarman all the best. We will see you next time. Remember I am all In.
Speaker 6: Stay safe, ketos, Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh you're Gilmore fans. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company Scottip dot com, s C O T T y P dot com, scottyp dot com Grade one Specialty Coffee