Speaker 1: What's up everyone on Tory Deal?
Speaker 2: And I'm Anissa Ferira and this is MTV's official Challenge podcast and we are back.
Speaker 1: To cover the Challenge All Stars Rivals.
Speaker 2: This season is wild. I'm so excited for you to see a Tory.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy I'm not there. The tension feels so hi. I don't even want to know what it felt like in person, but it's going to make for an epic season for sure.
Speaker 2: And this is just the first episode. My god, I mean you can cut it with a knife and serve it to a village. It is absolutely insane. And we're talking OG's and people that are not going to bite third tongues for anything, and there may not be any changing that.
Speaker 1: So we know things are going to get pretty spicy this season because of the rivals theme. So we thought it might be nice to do this first episode with just us because we're friends, you know, to ease ourselves into it before the.
Speaker 2: K Yeah, so let's get into this episode all right.
Speaker 1: First, thanks Personisa, who were you most surprised to see come back onto the show?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't even know how to break this one down, but Frank haven't seen him in years Shane has been wildly vocal on Twitter. Yep, Ashley left on Spies, Lives and Allies. We haven't seen her in a while, Davon. She said she was not coming back on Yep Sam. Yeah, you know, I mean, I'm not surprised at Sam's back because I'm surprised that they didn't. I mean, I don't know if they called her not before, but we haven't seen her in years. I think that she would have been great throughout the years. There's just so many personalities here that I feel like we missed out on on the Flagship Show. But it's kind of cool that they have this break because we get to see character development or lack thereof.
Speaker 1: I am super excited that Ashley Kelsey, who I love by the way, shout out to Ashley Kelsey, she's back with Dario, which is.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, you already even know this. How hard is it to be paired? Like, you know how hard it is to just be in the same house as an ex How do you feel about being paired with an ex partner? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think like it depends what part of the cycle of X you're in. For example, if if if Jordan and I were to be partnered right now, we'd be great. There would be no problems. We would we would compete like animals. If Jordan and I would be to be partnered before we had our resolve, Like Ashley Kelsey and Dario have not spoken like they said there now we're watching them in a stage of their resolve. I cannot imagine how it feels. The funny thing is is they keep calling each other hot in their interview.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. Do you think that there's any chance we'll see some RecA Is.
Speaker 1: It weird that I kind of hope so? Is it weird that I kind of won it for them? I don't know.
Speaker 2: We always love an adult rekindling or relationship thing on All Stars. We love to see, you know, romance in the later years. I mean, considering Dario thinks we're all from the nineteen forties.
Speaker 1: I also love how that, like when they talk to each other, they don't play like intense challenge competition music. It sounds like hanky panky music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely like wo't wow. It's so funny to me. TJ blows his horn and it's instant porn music, Like.
Speaker 1: Who found that playlist?
Speaker 2: What is the name of it.
Speaker 1: It's Dariyo and Ashley's hanky panky, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's their CD, it's their mixtape from the nineties.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so so funny.
Speaker 2: I want to know, from just looking at it, which rival pair do you think hates each other the most?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think there's any getting through Turbo.
Speaker 2: Turbo.
Speaker 1: Will will truly shock me if the season on ravels and him and Nannie end up becoming allies. You can see it. With Nanny, she is willing to put the pass behind her because she has a very clear vision that she wants to win her first challenge and she's willing to do anything to do it, and that means squashing beef with Turbo.
Speaker 2: But baby in the sand, Honey, when they yell at when they told us our partners, you know what Nanny looks like when she's mad. Oh yeah, and that was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 2: I'm like she's gonna walk off. Yeah, like it was bad. I didn't even think they'd make it to the house. Mm girl.
Speaker 1: I definitely think looking at Johnny and Beth, their reaction, Johnny's face set it all like Beth had obviously done something that's kind of unforgivable, and Johnnay is just still going through the motions of how to deal with that. Watching them react, like it seemed like Beth was like, oh, yeah, we're gonna work through it, like yeay, I'm partnered with a two time champ, and Johnny just like it didn't look like she had the same guy.
Speaker 2: I loved their their interviews because they couldn't be more opposite. She like, we can work together, and Johnny's like, we could absolutely not do this. Yeah, And you could see how how how un well, how different they were thinking, like they were on in two totally different books, in two different parts of the fucking library. I mean, they couldn't have been further apart. And I think Johnny is justified in how she feels, and you could see how Shane was. So I was uncomfortable for them because it was like we always say it, whether we want to or not, like personal shit, family stuff, stuff like that stays at home. You can say somebody's ugly, you can say somebody sucks. You can do whatever you want to do within the lines of within certain lines, and I think that this boundary for john A is kind of unforgivable.
Speaker 1: I can totally understand that, and I think watching it, it's going to be hard even you know, we'll get into the actual daily challenge more. But like watching them compete, No, it's okay, I got ahead of my self. No, I'm with you, Like, it's hard not to go there. I'm like, I'm interested to see how they compete all season. You and Ashley, though, I want to talk about that. What, like, did you did you think she was going to be a rival, because I do think that there is this like I looked around.
Speaker 2: I looked around. Okay, I looked around. There are people I wish I would have fought with, like Frank, yeah, because I think that we would have been absolutely incredible together. We are hot heads, but I mean together, but we would have. I don't know. I was just really helping for that. But I looked around, and I'm like, who have I fought with? I'm like, okay, uh, FESSI, but we've already done that, right, and not in a rival's theme. I'm like Amber, But then I thought who could amberby with? And who could Fesci be? You know what I mean? So then yeah, but baby, when I tell you, I'm still shocked that it was Ashley.
Speaker 1: I think Ashley was more shocked that it was you.
Speaker 2: She I was so shocked. We were equally shocked, equally shocked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I also wonder like if when Ashley was standing up there, like did she know or did she have an inkling that you know you were going to be her partner?
Speaker 2: No, neither one of us knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we were the ultimate shock because we looked around like what the like, who could it be?
Speaker 1: I have I have a few more questions coming from a challenge perspective. You know, sometimes we have conversations and people try to figure out what the theme of the game is. Did anyone suspect it was rivals?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you had ideas because.
Speaker 2: We looked around and we had enough people that didn't like each other. Yeah, that had I mean you have Kelly Anne and Sylvia. You have Kelly Ann and Sylvia. I was looking at Ashley like absolutely, like I was going to gun.
Speaker 1: For yeah, of course, yeah, Nannie and Turvo.
Speaker 2: You know a lot, Yes, a lot of these people were gonna gun for each other. And it was so crazy. We ended up being paired, you know, like Big T was like, there's no way, and then we thought maybe Melissa could have been with Corey lay Like, there were all of these different ideas, but we tried to just you know, drink wine and dance and do karaoke.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, we have to take a quick break. We'll be right back after this. Okay, let's get back to the show, toy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you were on this season, who do you think your partner would be?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay, okay, I think that, to be honest, my partner is not there. I think there I have one big major rival in the Challenge world.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you do.
Speaker 1: And her name rhymes with Schmashmanda, And I think I think that I probably would have been my partner had she been there. They asked me, you know this right, like they asked me to come. I was pulling in my driveway. Oh yeah, yeah yeah, and they said can you come? And I said, respectfully, I still have scurvy from treading water for three hours in the Philippines, So no, right, But I wonder, like I think they're like, I think I would have been in the same boat with you. I think me and Ashley could have been rivals. Considering I think we all kind of fell on opposite lines at some point in time, particularly during spies lies allies. So I think that's like, you know, there could be a rivalry there. But like I said, I am happy to not be there, happy to I.
Speaker 2: Wish you were. I wish you would have been.
Speaker 1: No, thank you, I'm there in spirit for you. I really want to know, though, like watching everybody line and get into their bedrooms. So, were you forced to sleep in a bunk with your rival? Yes, that's uh, that means somebody's fighting over the bottom bunk.
Speaker 2: No, I'll never you know me, tell me the last time you see me in a top bunk exactly because I don't. It's dangerous for a woman in my age. I told, I asked Ashley, I mean, respectfully, can you take the top? She was like, that's fine. There wasn't a fight about it at all. Like you saw Frank's like, do you mind if I take the bottom of my Frank.
Speaker 1: I mean I would have done the same thing, like sleeping on the top bunk sucks. I'm surprised big T got Corey Lay to take the top bunk.
Speaker 2: I know. Wait, and you know who's in the middle of Ashley and I and Frank and Sam who Dario and Ashley.
Speaker 1: Womp womp wom. Your room comes with the soundtrack and it goes bumped bow wow, it does.
Speaker 2: It comes with many a soundtrack. There are a lot of sounds from our room. Oh god, like what tell me of laughter? Oh? Sure of laughter of Sam? Is this your stuff right here? Crossing the line of my lectures?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Which rides to keep it clean? And Dario is one of the cleanest people I've ever experienced, which you know, I love that in a room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, me, him and Frank were on top of it.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on the conversation between Beth and john A. How authentic do you think it was? And what's your take on it? Because Johnny is like, you know, she doesn't trust the apology. A part of me read it as genuine. A part of me watched the clip and thought, I think Beth might be really sorry. So I want to know, like what it was like, what you think it was like in person?
Speaker 2: Well? All Stars four was filmed seventeen years ago, and because that's how long it felt like it took to air, so thinking about from the time they filmed it to now there are phones and or an email or a carrier pigeon or whatever. You could have reached out if you were really sorry. Yeah, I don't think it takes a TV show to show you where you're moral and accountability and all that other shit are. And this is no shade. I just I'm speaking in general for anyone. There's such a thing as a phone. I'm not waiting till I get I'll I'll reiterate said conversation on TV. But if I'm really sorry about something, I'll reach out to a person. So I think that it could have been done, maybe lessened lessen things for John ay a bit. I know that this is probably gonna be hard to watch back, you know, for probably all parties involved. You know, it's not the easiest thing.
Speaker 1: So it's so interesting. On the flip side of that, we have Turbo and Nanni, and Nanni was the one who cut off all communication and actually blocked Turbo, but then was the one who was then trying to invite a conversation between the two of them to keep the peace. So I see it. I see it right, I see it. Like of course, if you're really being genuine, you should probably reach out outside of the show. But also it's like, well, don't you we're both here already, don't you just want to try wash the beef because we have a common goal goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how would you feel like you were on you were on ride or eyes? How did you feel about the Nanni and Turbo situation? Then?
Speaker 1: No, I agree, I feel like Nannie is going out. I like watching the conversation always makes me really sad. Seeing Nanny cry like that makes me sad. I'm team Nanny all day, so me too. So I it's like that this stubbornness that like Turbo gives off it. He has a softness to him. I've experienced it, and there's been moments. There's been moments where I've like really enjoyed him, and then there's moments where it's like it feels very difficult to communicate with him because he does have such a he's very prideful. So it hurts me to see Nanni so sad when she's not able to communicate with somebody. I just want him to be like, you're right, Nanni, Like let's just put it behind us and work together because we can win.
Speaker 2: Right. Do you know how he is just a man full of pride. I mean I spend some time with Turbo on the on his favorite couch. You'll see later how he made that couches bitch. But you know, there are soft sides of him, like we did Spanish lessons together and like he worked out. There were he always said positive things. I just think that when he feels betrayed, even though he wasn't his best self on ridered eyes, I think that he may act, you know, he may just like turn just give you the cold shoulder.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, yeah, you know, yeah, I mean it was it was really really tough to watch. And I think that the pairing between like Beth and Johanna and Turbo and Nannie, like there are a few people who are rivals, but I think they're going to like work through it with ease. Like Leroy and Devin, I think they're going to be very successful. And that's I'm happy to see them do so well, Like I want to see them thrive. And also Steven Adam, like they didn't have communication for a while, they're putting it behind them and they're crushing it. So it's like, you know, I think some people are going to do fine, but some people I think might end up struggling. I am curious, like, what were your who did you think Katie's partner was before she arrived? And what was your thoughts when Veronica showed up?
Speaker 2: So it could have been Steven? You know, so like we were thinking, you know, then who Adam's partner would have been? So like all those weird and then we're like, you know, you've only Katie've only really fault with one person like that.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we figured it was Veronica, but you know she always she always loves little grand entrance ye showing up fashionably late as you would say. So yeah, we pretty much knew, but we have to wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, once once everybody arrived and we found out who Katie's partner was, it was time to do this challenge? Were you nervous to work with Ashley on this challenge? And I loved your strategy of making you the the the mud donkey, Like, how do.
Speaker 2: We want to describe the mud donkey?
Speaker 1: Mud donkey?
Speaker 2: So what's crazy is I lost both shoes. I did that whole challenge barefoot nice, I mean sunk in. There was one part where Ashley's leg was stuck and she didn't think she was gonna get it out, so we had to pull that out. And I think when when the whistle blows, like when TJ blows this, when the whistle blows, when TJ blows his horn, all of the other shit goes aside. I think Ashley and I have that in common, where like we kind of turn everything off. However, Ashley's been hungover and it's hot as hell, you know, a Vietnamese. So we're walking to put our mud in and she's throwing up inside of our thing, you know what. And I think anyone knows I'm afraid of vomit. However, one I'm getting better at it, and two I would have done anything to win, so I didn't give a shit. I'm like, baby, okay, yeah, but we see that, we see Leroy and Devin's strategy. So I was like, bitch, use my whole back, let's go like I'm bigger, like, let's just put everything on me and let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I wasn't nervous to do any of this with her. With the ice thing. She listened to me and we did really well. But if you see how this challenge goes, it's like if you see the Star Winners. Everybody has a guy on their team. I know.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that when you across and it's a size thing, being able to like have that much size, you can carry more mud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I wasn't. I'm not a small woman though, so like my back in Devon's back though minus't as Harry. It's different and we weren't that far behind, you know, out of the ice. I only dropped it once. Wow, So it was like very We worked really well on listening to one another what I needed. We were very steady about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, which rival pair worked surprisingly well? In your mind? And I have an idea of who I want to say, but you go first.
Speaker 2: I think Big Ta and Corey Lay, Yeah, I agree really well together. And we were I think right next to them. I didn't realize how far ahead they were, and I think this is great. I mean, we know, you know, Big Teas you know, kind of hard on herself sometimes, and they are of I mean, she's so petite and he's so tall, and I mean they're they're very different, and they're coming from like a pretty big rivalry and for them to work that well together, it was just great to see that and I think that had they had won, I think that that would have made them very proud of themselves, but I definitely think it would have put a target on their back.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Melissa and Cole. Oh my god, please.
Speaker 2: I love my girlfriend. I'm not gonna cheet on my gulf and you put a go of plastic tits. Come on, she's got plastic tits. First of all, they're like saline or silicone. But you know what, they're not plastic. It kills me. Nicole kills me every time.
Speaker 1: Dude, your impression of her is so good. It's too fucking good.
Speaker 2: I need more. She's like, oh, you want the bottom bunks leaping the bottom bunk, I want to sleep. It's it's the two of them. And like the subtitle twins, dude, it's just oh yeah, and the Cole I mean, and Melissa is a bombshell. Yeah, I'm so funny and scrappy. I mean, I can't wait to see what this pair does in the future, you know.
Speaker 1: In the shower in the future, in the future, shower.
Speaker 2: In the future, pool the future, shower, the future whatever. Wow, I'm just kidding. I really don't know. But in the future what they're capable of on this challenge, both being very strong women. It's just they're both kind of stubborn, so it's gonna be it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: I just know Nicole's track record. I mean, anybody who has social media has, you know, seen things posted. And I'm not gonna say anything because no spoilers and I don't actually know anything because I wasn't there. But I'm just like, this isn't gonna some this is gonna get messy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was surprised by that first, uh, first interview. Yeah, she was like, here's my girlfriend, y'all. I'm with a bomb show a kid, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, wait, hold on, I feel bad for her girlfriend.
Speaker 2: It's like Nicole just gets in her own way, you know, she real, she just does.
Speaker 1: She shouldn't have a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: She can't help it. She's just so she's just so honest.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I mean, she she has the thing about her is like it seems like she's very transparent, like she hides nothing.
Speaker 2: She's just like she doesn't know how to hide anything.
Speaker 1: She doesn't know how to hide anything. I mean, that's what that's what it seems. I really don't know where too well, But there's so many interesting pairings, Like I'm just I know, it's like, I know every dynamic is like rich with something.
Speaker 2: Right, But the fact that when people get back to the house, they're like splitting the money or stealing the money from your partner. Yeah, and we've done enough shows to know that, Like if you're thinking it, chances are someone else's mm hmm, Like do you think that's interesting that that was like the first topic of conversation back at the house. And what do you think that people are gonna do if they have the chance.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I think that's a normal place for the brain to go, like, oh, it's rivals. We've seen it done in the past. It's probably gonna happen again. And I think that if somebody shows you who they are one time, you just remember that's who they are. You know, if they've stolen money in the past, they're probably going to steal it again.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I am in good, I'm in luck. Well, you know what.
Speaker 1: The first the first it's like that just seems like a problem you have to worry about when you get there, because before you get there, you have to get there. So it's like whatever you have to do to hopefully be in a position where that decision is now in your hands.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Fine.
Speaker 1: It's got to be nerve wracking, though, like knowing that you're playing with somebody that at some point in time might do the ultimate betrayal. In my mind, that's the ultimate betrayal because that money contributes to your livelihood, your family, all of the things that you want to spend it on. Like stealing money from somebody, like, that's some that's some mean shit, especially.
Speaker 2: When you've worked hard all season to like get beyond your shit. It's one thing if like you're terrible to one another the whole season, yeah, maybe that could contribute to you stealing it. But like if you work really hard together, I just I can't imagine stealing.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I also can't. But then again, I don't know. If I was with a partner who stole, you know, maybe it would be a question. Maybe I would consider it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: You don't know until you get there.
Speaker 2: I think it's like it is hard. Yeah, I will say it does. It does float through the brain for me. I'd probably share, yeah, but then I'm like because karma. Yeah, but I'm also thinking like, well, if that person, if I'm questioning if my partner is going to share it, split it with me, it kind of influences your decision whether you're going to share it with them. I mean, it's just one of those things. I mean, you can't help but to think that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are there any like behind the scenes that we didn't see? I know, like there was like probably moments in the hotel prior or there's like I.
Speaker 2: Will tell you that. Oh well the hotel. I'm surprised we didn't get kicked out. I mean it was a big ta was like and we should do karaoke. I'm like, oh god, big tea. It's two am. We drank a lot of red wine. But we had a good time. One thing, So our gym's on the third floor of the house, well technically the fourth whatever the hell you want to call it.
Speaker 1: Beautiful house, by the way, way better than the castle.
Speaker 2: And don't you fucking worry. We look over and you can see the castle from the house.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: No. Yeah, I was like, fuck you castle? How because it's down street?
Speaker 1: But like I feel like from the castle then we would have seen this like building.
Speaker 2: Remember when we'd go over that bridge and there'd be that little body of water right there. Yeah, yeah, right down the street from the house. Literally wild. So we took boats into our house, coming through the back, and then when we got there, I realized that that little bridgey thing that we went under, I'm like, oh shit, that's to the castle for Bettle of the Airs.
Speaker 1: And you were like, I'm back in Vietnam, baby, right up the street.
Speaker 2: And that the arena was the same arena. But I think you knew that by looking at it.
Speaker 1: All Right, we have to take a quick break. We'll be right back after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about how Devin said Dario's breath smells.
Speaker 2: That looked interesting, like when somebody's about to rumble, Like two dudes are like, yo, fuck you, d your breast smells. I'm like, you know what, ooh you got it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just like it's just like such like I just feel like that is an ultimate insult. If somebody said that to me, I'm like, oh damn, really like shit.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy because Dario is like the cleanest. He uses lotion and he smells great, so like maybe he had a weird lunch. I never remember shout out to Daria. I mean, Devin's a close friend of mine. I'm trying to tell you. Dario is so funny and I really really am fond of him. I mean, he's really a funny guy.
Speaker 1: He is a funny guy. I did Dirty thirty with him and it's been a long time since he's been back on the screen.
Speaker 2: No funnier than that. He's funnier than Dirty thirty. Yeah, he was done on Dirty thirty. I'm just sorry, but he's grown into it, like I think, because there's so many different personalities and he was younger then.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That like it's overwhelming to be in a house with us if you're new. Yeah, once you have your own path. Like darro Is said in Life, like he's doing something he loves, he's making money, he's independent. Now he's like, fuck it, I'm gonna show my personality and he's I mean hilarious. I'd a blast.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to see if it translates on the screen. As of right now, the clips that we got from him and Ashley were pretty funny, you know, like him saying that she wants a strong man, but he keeps telling me she keeps telling me to and then like listen to the audio and like that is literally she's like sh but so softly. I know, right, she's like talking to snow. It's like it's like as if you're talking to her daughter.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, she definitely does that.
Speaker 1: I'm really interested to know, like what other parts of the preview did. What other part of the previews stood out to you aside from the Dario breath.
Speaker 2: I will say Frank admitting that Frank is still shady is hilarious. And I have a feeling there's going to be a montage of like that and that wherever that comes from that interview that he's just like, Frank is a he's a gamer. He is he also is a complete athlete, oh and so competitive. And I feel like, and we know, doing these games, it's not all about being athletic. It's not all about who's the strongest. Sometimes your house play and your gameplay really will get you far. So I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve. I am so interested in that. I want to see how Shane and Davon that I think.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Davon for going back because we were wondering is she going to actually do it? And she did it. And let me just say, every time Davon's faces on the screen and her smile is so pretty, like she her smile is just beautiful, so funny.
Speaker 2: She was like, the Lord has saved me and I will not. She's like, I need holy water, I need the Holy Bible.
Speaker 1: I need not they Bye.
Speaker 2: She needed all of the thing, Yeah, she said, anybody from any denominating I need you. Yeah, any all of your all of your books, all of your prayer. Amen.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for Davon. And also I just want to go back to Frank really quick. Can we just talk about how he looks like he is in the best shape of his life, like he always amazing, amazing, he's so hot, smoke show, so hot, absolute smoke show. And his husband like so hot, so hot.
Speaker 2: What the fuck his husband left him? He asked for Like Frank's like, so if I get in any fights, like I need some like insults so his husband, Oh my god, what chat DBT is it?
Speaker 1: Chat GTP? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Whatever the fuck it is? Chat whatever generated chat stuff came up with like ten things and ones like go pound sand and the other one Yeah. Yeah, they were very soft insults, but like it became it became the thing. We're like, you know what, you could just go pound Sand, dude, And that's how wonderful his husband is.
Speaker 1: That is so epic, Like it's so not challenges. The challenge you go like below the belt, like we're like, you know, you ruin people's lives, which I don't condone, by the way, but like it's just the nature of what people have done on the show. And Frank's coming in with chat GTP. You can go pound Sand.
Speaker 2: There are nine other and I'm sure we'll be interviewing Frank at some point and I will. I feel like maybe each time we podcast, I will give everybody one line. You can really stick it to them. Yeah, so get lost one of my favorites, get lost buddy telling somebody to get lost, get lost? Oh my god, have you never heard that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just think about it, like actually, like somebody's telling you.
Speaker 2: To literally go somewhere and you don't find your way back.
Speaker 1: It's just so funny if you really think about it, like go get lost, Like you want me to drive without my GPS and get lot?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And we used to do that back in our day, all stars all have driven without GPS.
Speaker 1: Oh no, my, you had map quests.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we printed the fuck outs.
Speaker 1: You had a Tom Tom and map quest. You were fine.
Speaker 2: I'm so done. You are living, like make a right at that McDonald's. That was before map Quest make a left. We knew street names then.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, that's why if I ever do Around the World show that where you compete to win what's it called again, amazing Race? If I ever do an amazing race, you are my partner because you are a walking map Quest Anissa.
Speaker 2: Wait, but I want to do amazing race with you. So if anyone's listening out there, yeah, Tory and I would love to do amazing Race. I think we'd be a great pair, have a lot of fun, a lot of laughs, and hopefully never get lost.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if we can't do that, Anissa, I think we should just be rivals so that way we can come back on a rival season and actually just be partners. Yeah, go kick rocks, Anisa, Go.
Speaker 2: Pound pound Santorian and get lost.
Speaker 1: All right, who do you think you're Let's get into who we think the all star of the episode is the person who stood out to us the most.
Speaker 2: Ah the person and I, but not the pair.
Speaker 1: I think it could be pair. I think it could be either.
Speaker 2: I will say Nanni and Turbo for me to go from, because we see all the other pairs, we don't really dive into them yet, but we see how emotionally invested Nannie isn't winning. You know, we've seen how close she's gotten. We see what she's been through in the past, you know, just getting over things, and it's she wants to win badly and she's willing to do whatever to get there with her partner. Going from being so emotional to going there and kicking ass, both of them putting their differences aside. Yeah, I think was pretty a pretty powerful moment. So I'm happy that they got that done and hopefully continues for them.
Speaker 1: I totally agree, and like, I think, out of like all of the pairs, they really are going to have some an uphill battle with communicating. So like, whereas if I think some of the other pairs are like you know, Adam and Steve, they're there for the money and they're going to do whatever they have to do to win, I think Turbo and Nannie are definitely going to struggle, so it was like really good to see them work together. I do want to say I think that Steve and Adam, the way they carried the ice, I feel like that deserves you all star of the episode. They had such a good technique and they dominated.
Speaker 2: Their technique was fire. It really worked well.
Speaker 1: Sorry, my brain drifted away and I started to think about how Adam said to Steve, like, I'm looking at your balls. You're looking at my balls, and I am not kidding. I think I don't think he realized what he said. I think some people do jokes like that on purpose, Like that was to me, not a joke, to be honest.
Speaker 2: When you're carrying a gurney, you're looking at their balls, They're looking at your balls. You know, it's the only time we're going to see a set of quad balls like that.
Speaker 1: That's so true, Oh so funny.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Adam and Steve's balls.
Speaker 1: Okay, on the opposite side, which challenger or challenge pair were you most confused by this episode?
Speaker 2: I don't know where Nicole and I don't know where Nicole and Melissa were. Did you see them?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: I'm still wondering if they finished or at least got out of the mud. I feel like, are they still playing in the mud. They're playing in the mud still, Yeah, those girls.
Speaker 1: You know what I gotta say, I'm most puzzled by this statement, and I have to call it out because we've seen it on the trailer. So, and you're my best friend, and I just want to know why you're considered to pick me girl, And friends of everyone are friends of no one when you, in fact, are not friends with everyone.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I have a lot of things to say about a lot of people. I just choose the peaceful route because it does does it wayh heavy on my soul. I just don't give a shit enough to have that many enemies.
Speaker 1: Well, like, I think it's really hard to say, like a friend of everyone is a friend of no one and say that you're friends with everyone when you're literally on a season of rivals, so you're literally there with someone you're not a friend with. It's a it's a it's a it's a contradictory. It's a statement old to be a contradiction, and it left me puzzled. I'm like, it doesn't make sense. It's a it's a hard thing to say.
Speaker 2: About someone when you're I'm friendly. But I also am there with FESSI, I'm there with Amber, I'm.
Speaker 1: There, I mean yeah, Beth, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm here. I'm there with a lot of people that don't talk to all the time. I mean there aren't And and people knew where I stood, you know, Like I came in. Everyone knew that, like Devin and I were close, Like I knew that I'd be working with him. People knew that Frank and I are really close, So like there was no surprise in who I was gonna work with. And I had more friendships, And to be honest, that probably would have been more helpful than not having any friendships with anyone. So for me, like I don't mind finding making connections with people. I find it to be exhilarating, but I also find it to be kind of fucking exhausting. So no, I'm not friends with everyone, and I'm definitely not a pick me girl. My life is fine the way it is. I know who my friends are. But if anyone knows my love languages, they know that taking care of people, whether I like them or not, kind of sends me over the moon. So I have the things that make my soul thrive. But I already know who I am. This is just the extra extra points, not points, but extra like, you know, extra stuff for me. Like I don't really, I don't know. I don't need to be chosen because, believe me, I've definitely been a last pick. I've been no matter how nice I am, there's always someone who's going to doubt someone like it doesn't doesn't matter, So I'm not. Yeah, I was troubled by that too, Like I've never you know, I've never been seen as like a pick me girl, So that was a very interesting choice of words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I am also really I mean, I think you're a conflict resolution queen, as you mentioned, and like you know, we've seen in the trailer that there's gonna be moments where you know, you're crying and working through some really hard things, and so I think that it's going to be really really interesting to watch the season. I'm happy I get to do it with you by my side and holding hands virtually over over a podcast.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad. I'm glad that you're holding my hand. Okay, I need you to hold my body while we watched this.
Speaker 1: Dude, we are we're gonna watch it and we're going to get through it, and I'm so excited to watch this entire season. So thank you guys for listening to the Official Challenge podcast.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: I know there's a bunch of other Challenge podcasts out there, but we are the official one. Okay, We're the one with the banner and time Square, We're the one on the commercials. We have funding me, but please thank you so much for tuning in. And Anissa, where can people follow you and support you and send you some extra love during the season?
Speaker 2: Hold on, hello? Oh thank you. That's my FedEx guy Paul. He's so nice. You can follow me like the FedEx guy does know? You can follow me on Instagram still, because you know what, Twitter X whatever. I still don't mess with you like that. I don't. Yeah, Anissa MTV on Instagram, That's where I am. That's where I will be. I'm also on Snapchat, a steph one, Underscore one, I'm around Torri. Where can they follow you and send you love and support your endeavors?
Speaker 1: Well, guys, I'm so excited to be doing this podcast, so obviously listen up here, but you can follow me at Tory Underscore deal on Instagram, and all of my other links are accessible through there. But most importantly, thanks for joining us for the first episode back of MTV's official Challenge podcast. Tell all your fellow Challenge fans to listen, rate, and review.
Speaker 2: Us, and catch the Challenge All Stars Rivals on MTV and join us after as we go behind the scenes on MTV's official Challenge podcast, hier Amount Podcasts.