Speaker 1: I feel like you don't like doing the show anymore.
Speaker 2: I do, Scott, you are so self conscious.
Speaker 1: I just don't think that you like it anymore.
Speaker 2: You are like a teen girl waiting by their phone, waiting for someone to text them like who. Some boys watch sports, some boys play sport.
Speaker 1: These two don't play no way.
Speaker 2: These two boys will save the man too.
Speaker 1: By Special Day.
Speaker 2: And a Cereal reviewing cereals? Is there goal Scott and Andrew ring in a Cereal boat taking.
Speaker 3: Some new ones?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's stop that. Okay, it's too long.
Speaker 2: No, this is the one that goes on for like sixteen minutes forever.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here we are serial killers. This is mind boggling because it's episode number twenty XX. You're gonna do that again?
Speaker 2: Oh so now it's me who does it?
Speaker 1: It is you're the XX guy. So anyway, tell me if you like this. You know we've done it before. I thought maybe we would put two cereals head to head, which we've done before, but this time around, it's going to be sugared puffed wheat cereals.
Speaker 2: Sugared puffed wheat cereals.
Speaker 1: Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? Uh should I I'm going to give you a hint, and by hint, I mean I'm going to play you a commercial. You're ready?
Speaker 2: Is it checks?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: M m my super Golden Crisp. More honey to this nutritious breakfast than ever. I'm a buzz with the news over your honey, sweet wheat sugar to be enough to be about and good enough. Super Golden Crisp. It's got the crunch with punch and more honey.
Speaker 2: Sure we're going to get a trademark on one of these one day, one of these old cereals. Old companies are going to be like, you're just playing our full old commercials.
Speaker 1: But they're all over YouTube. Nobody cares.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, the law doesn't matter, all right, keep going.
Speaker 1: No, there's no laws. So super Golden Crisp. I love it. Okay. Now, it wasn't always super Golden Crisp.
Speaker 2: This is the one that's in the brown box, right.
Speaker 1: Brown gold it's white. It's gone. There's been a couple of variations of it. It started off in the late forties as Happy.
Speaker 2: Jacks, Happy Happy Jacks.
Speaker 1: Yes, it started off as Happy Jacks, and then it changed to sugar Crisp and super Sugar Crisp. But in the mid eighties it was no longer okay to say sugar.
Speaker 2: Well, I also don't think saying super sugar sounds good. Yeah, like that just sounds unhealthy to me.
Speaker 1: Right so, but the mascot is still sugar Bear. Can't get enough a super golden Crisp. It's got the crunch with.
Speaker 2: Punch In my ceial Avengers, sugar Bear is my thor.
Speaker 1: In the like seventies and eighties, he was angry, like he used to beat people up.
Speaker 2: Yet he's my thoor.
Speaker 1: And I have to tell you, I was reminded of this. I don't remember it because guess what, I wasn't born yet. But in the early to mid seventies, there was a variety called Super Orange Crisp. Yeah, there were orange O's in it, and it was it was very short lived. I guess you can understand why.
Speaker 2: Wait, so it was orange tasting in the sugar.
Speaker 1: It was sugar crisp cereal with orange O's in it.
Speaker 2: Why were there orange O's.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That was just a thing in the seventies. Yeah, so I let me.
Speaker 2: Go to my cereal sack, all right, well, this is the time that I get to use to pad. Oh, I hope you see that one.
Speaker 1: That one was a surprise. Oh look at sugar Bear. He's so happy.
Speaker 2: I love sugar Bear.
Speaker 1: Like I said, sweet and puffed wheat. Cereal. Can't that doesn't even make sense. Can't can't get enough of that Golden Crisp. Okay, what's not like the commercial anymore? Did you just try and rhyme and fail? Well? Yeah, because the commercial was can't get enough for Super Golden Crisp. Wait a minute, it's not Super anymore. I didn't even realize it wasn't Super. It's just Golden Crisp.
Speaker 2: Now, if you just go back, not even a full three minutes. When I said it's good that they took Super out of the title, you were like.
Speaker 1: Eh, you said that.
Speaker 2: You don't listen to me on this podcast.
Speaker 1: I was busy trying to find the commercial.
Speaker 2: It's already preloaded. Don't lie to the audience.
Speaker 1: All right, So this is a post Cereal Golden Crisp. You've had it when you were a kid. It's it's a classic.
Speaker 2: This is one of my favorites. I know I probably say that at least once an episode. But this is one of my favorites. Yeah, you can't go wrong. And if it sits in the milk a little bit the cereal it tastes even better.
Speaker 1: Because it gets that little sogginess. But the crunch also. And it's weird because these they have like these also look like buttholes, like, oh, but cracks.
Speaker 2: Anyway, how did they look like pistachios?
Speaker 1: They have that little ridge in the middle with it's almost like a piece of the wheat, which is probably exactly what is except look at that one. That one looks like an open mouth, oh, with a sore on it.
Speaker 2: That's thank you for putting it close to me. I appreciate it. I love this cereal so much. They kind of look like buttholes. I just kind of looked at it butt cracks.
Speaker 1: Actually only a few of them have buttholes, but most of them are butt cracks.
Speaker 2: Oh I just had one dry. Yeah, so good, you're ready once you think hey mm hmmm, five ball come on, Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: But they're five bowls good.
Speaker 2: They're that good. Wow, there's nothing bad about the cereal. Nothing. It's crunchy, it's sweet. I love it, and I feel like they should really capitalize on this. But it makes a crackling noise.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I hear the ocean. What it's like putting my ear up to a shell, a kunk shell.
Speaker 2: Well, these are golden crisps, not a shell, so.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what. Maybe it's because they're shaped like tiny shells, so all of them together sound like the ocean. No, I gotta go.
Speaker 2: Or maybe it's golden crisp.
Speaker 1: It could be maybe it's formulated that way.
Speaker 2: I would have loved this cereal so much.
Speaker 1: All right, so five balls from you, I will give it four four bowls from me.
Speaker 2: I'm not even finished with some month.
Speaker 1: And you know what doesn't need marshmallows? No, no, no, I can. I can definitely say that it does not need marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Sweet enough on its own.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, So seeing as that I said that it was the challenge of the sweet and puffed wheat cereal, I don't really think I need to give you a hint. But here's a hint of what is going up against. And it tastes so sweet.
Speaker 2: Come, I really wish how to get on video how you're dancing right.
Speaker 1: Sweet precious practice tastes so sweet?
Speaker 2: Hot.
Speaker 1: Now you can't talk over the jingle because then you can't hit.
Speaker 2: You do that dance. I have never in my life seen a man dance like that before.
Speaker 1: I was dancing like Digham Diggham's the Mask Dog. Yes, yeah, very good. Andrew. However, oh boy, honey smacks were introduced in the fifties as sugar smacks, okay, and then they dropped the sugar and it became honey smacks. And in nineteen eighty six they got rid of Digham for a year and it was Wally the Bear. Wally the Bear was the mascot at people were pissed. So Digham then came back in the late eighties and they dropped sugar and it was just plain smacks. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: That sounds like a very late eighties thing to do.
Speaker 1: Because you could smack people back then and it was no problem, just like Fred and Barney did when they didn't get their breakfast.
Speaker 2: Let's get hip with the culture. Have some smacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm going down to my cereal sack.
Speaker 2: I love honey smacks too.
Speaker 1: This is a good episode, yeah, dig him, it's honey smacking. Good. Oh wait, hold on a second, I need to just backtrack for just a moment, back to Golden Crisp. I'm sorry because I noticed on the back of the box there's sweet slang with sugar bear. Now I'm gonna test you. Okay, what do you think that liquid gold is?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's when the girl puts the guy in a headlock then she goes under.
Speaker 1: No, it's also a cleaning product, However, in this case, it is the delicious milk sweetened by your golden Crisp.
Speaker 2: I feel like they shouldn't put terms that sound like they're on porn hub.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about gold gold mine? That's next. Again, maybe I should just read them because you're gonna think they're all dirty. However, and look at that. This is coming from me. You're the one who's crazy. Look at the picture. All the hands on the girl in that one. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 1: Gold That's the feeling you get when carrying a bowl of golden Crisp into a room full of hungry friends.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, where am I going with a bowl of cereal? And just like walking in through and be like, hey, friends.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you're sleepwalking with a bowl of cereal in the middle of the night. How about the golden touch? Okay, that's when your fingers get sticky from snacking on golden crisp right out of the box. You would hate that because that's hand jamo, That is handjummy. Okay. How about a gold ring another dirty sounding term that sound a falling golden crisp piece makes when hitting the bottom of your bawl. What if there's more the golden rule, there's only one. Keep your paws off of my golden crisp. Yeah, oh, fools gold pretending to share your golden crisp. But then nah, that's it. Yeah, but you know what, I think that honey smacks could also be fools gold because they're fake honey, they're fake crisp. Yeah, okay, and gold for the gold when you run to the store to buy more golden crisp.
Speaker 2: So are they making kids addicts of golden crisp?
Speaker 1: Yes? And finally, pot of gold. Any bowl that's filled with golden crisp and contents are rated s for sweet whisp, by the way, brings me. There was a study in two thousand and eight, I believe, I don't remember who did it, but golden Crisp and honey or what are the hell it's gold Golden Crisp, Yeah, Golden Crisp and Honey Smacks. Yeah, are two of the highest sugar content of any cereal anywhere ever, at more than fifty percent sugar by volume in each one of these boxes. It's like one of the worst cereals that you could possibly eat as far as sugar goes.
Speaker 2: These are my two favorites.
Speaker 1: They're delicious, So who cares? All right, let's dig into dig them.
Speaker 2: Can we just notice something on the front of the Honey Smacks box though, yes, it says a new recipe.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm weird because no, no, no, a year or two ago they were pulled off the shells, if you remember, and they were gone for a good, good couple of months, maybe even up to a year or so because somebody got botchelism. What is again, it's it's derived from honey. Like, you're not supposed to give infants honey because before they're like one or two years old, because they can get botchelism. It's a terrible thing. And yeah, you don't remember that Honey Smacks is off the shelves for a while. That's why it has to say a new recipe because people were getting sick.
Speaker 2: Tagham was killing people.
Speaker 1: Takeham was killing people. But he's back now and better than ever, and he's honey smacking good, So let's test him out. They do they look different? Actually, if you look, they're more. Yeah, they're not quite as coated.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have a feeling I gonna like Golden cris better than Honey Smacks. But I never even thought of comparing the two until this podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, they are pretty much an identical cereal. But we'll see if the taste compares.
Speaker 2: Look, it's Diamond.
Speaker 1: Diamond can'ty in any of this. She needs to stay out of here, she can't. No, hey, Diamond, can you have honey and wheat? You can't have any of this stuff? All right? Andy, it's not corn it but it's sweet and puffed wheat cereal.
Speaker 2: Sugar wheat, corn syrup. Scott, can you check honey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, check this one out. Everything is corn syrup in it. You can.
Speaker 2: Diamond is joining the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, these are microphones over here. Can you eat it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But it looks like oats?
Speaker 1: All right, it's not oats. But if you don't want I don't want to be quick no, I don't want I don't want Diamond falling over one of these days.
Speaker 2: Everyone, My name is Diamond.
Speaker 3: Follow me on Instagram at Diamond sincere d I A M O N D n CE.
Speaker 1: Take care, thanks for stopping by, shameless plugs. You won't even eat crunch that's not till the end. We'll edit that in later. All right, So here we go with honey Smacks, thank you, dig them and Kellogg's Ready.
Speaker 2: Why are we thinking a fake frog real?
Speaker 3: M hmm.
Speaker 1: They're good, not as sweet, not as crunchy. They remind me of Matza.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that is a great comparison.
Speaker 1: A little bit look at you?
Speaker 2: Right, okay, not as good as I remembered, especially after coming off of the high on Golden Crisp. Yeah, they were right when they were like, get addicted to this and then go to the store. Golden Crisp is so underrated. I feel as a Cereal. You have your lucky Charms, you have your Tony the Tiger. Nobody remembers poor sugar Bear. I do, okay, because you're like oddly obsessive with Cereal.
Speaker 1: The fact that he's still sugar Bear though, I love so they didn't make him change his name because if he was Honeybear, that'd be lame.
Speaker 2: I'm really really sorry, and this may be controversial. I'm giving the three bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: See when they change the recipe, I believe the flavor changed a little bit because they're not as coated as golden crisps, so they're not as sweets, which leads me to believe that it may not be on par with sugar as golden crisp is because they are a little bit less sweet than they were. Yeah, I think that's it's not they're healthy er.
Speaker 2: I think they could use some marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But you know what I do like, which is weird, Like when you eat the piece of puffed whatever the hell it is. Yeah, that little piece of wheat, I don't know is that the whole? I think that's the whole. That's like that, you know that little strand I kind of oddly like that, do.
Speaker 2: You know what the bad part about it? It's almost like a popcorn kernel though, and it gets stuck in your teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: What do you give it?
Speaker 1: Three bowls and a spoon from me?
Speaker 2: So you're copying me?
Speaker 1: Is that what you said, I wasn't listening.
Speaker 2: Can we please just make a compilation of all the times that I speak and am not heard on this podcast.
Speaker 1: I might as well just listen to the whole thing, because it's all of it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, I really appreciate my time with you every week.
Speaker 1: Hold on, friends, since those were both classics.
Speaker 2: Serial Killers listener request.
Speaker 1: This request comes from Raj on Twitter, and it really did come from Raj.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can actually say this one's true.
Speaker 1: He's been sending me pictures of all kinds of stuff that he wants me to try. So I'm going to go into my cereal sack, okay and pull out a brand new cereal. Let's relative cool. Okay, let's do it. Hold on, I'm gonna go down on my sack.
Speaker 2: If you guys want to be on our listener request, make sure you tweet us as serial Killers PC. That's Cereal with the c TA golden oreo o's.
Speaker 1: That's right, oreo o's.
Speaker 2: I have a feeling and hate these really, I hate vanilla oreos. Huh, they are so nasty.
Speaker 1: I have the regular oreo o's as well, but I'm not going to do that. That's just four box. I can't do it. It's too much. We'll do that another time.
Speaker 2: I do you like? Did you notice that they try and sometimes you like upside down or inside out? Oreos?
Speaker 1: I don't like it. See I'm telling you, and I've said it before. Post is just doing all the cookies. I don't understand, Like, look.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why do you burk on the podcast?
Speaker 1: I mean it, I didn't mean.
Speaker 2: People are listening to this and they're like, did that person just burn?
Speaker 1: Dude? That's Digham and sugar Bear fighting in my belly. That's what that is. I'm so sorry. So look, they've got oreo O's Honeymaids Moores that's coming soon.
Speaker 2: I would like that.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There was a small cereal in the eighties which I love, and it was called s'mores. Okay, they don't make it anymore. And then there was another one called Rocky Road that was similar. Oh one of my favorites chips Ahoay nutter butter, Nola, banana pudding, marshmallows. Elvis made us eat that on the show this morning, So that'll be coming up soon. And of course these golden oreo O's.
Speaker 2: Elvis also wants to be a guest on this podcast, so we about to have him.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to find I know he's a big fan of pebbles, so maybe we'll get regular fruity pebbles in here because that's his thing. Okay, yeah, all right, so let me get some new cups stand by please.
Speaker 2: All right. I really feel like after seeing these posts now doing stuff with cookies, I would love and call me crazy crazy, Hey really I would love a golden crisp type cookie.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you're gonna have to get Ontobisco for that.
Speaker 2: Like a glazed cookie, golden crisp thing.
Speaker 1: Does everybody listening realize that this is not breakfast? None of these cereals are for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Yes, I used to eat golden Crisp for breakfast like every morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the original Happy Jacks back in the day was promoted as a snack. It was a snack and they turned it into it. It was like it was on par with Crackerjack back then, and now it's a cereal again.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's like, obviously Americans are getting fatter and fatter. They were like, you know that what you should be snacking on? Well, yeah, that's breakfast.
Speaker 1: Now, pour some milk into crackerjack and eat it in a bowl. There you go, enjoy your breakfast.
Speaker 2: That's different. Cracker jacks don't taste like golden crisp.
Speaker 1: It's cracker jack, all right, So cracker jack milk. It smells it actually smells delightful. It smells like vanilla. It's really really nice smelling ready.
Speaker 2: Actually, it does smell really nice.
Speaker 1: These are Oh they're a little bit bigger than the average go in ready.
Speaker 2: Not bad. That's delicious. It's pretty frigging dad, I judged it, but this is just delicious.
Speaker 1: For If this is natural Oreo vanilla flavor, yeah, then I'll be much happier. Let me check the box.
Speaker 2: This tastes like cake frosting.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: You almost call it birthday cake flavor.
Speaker 2: Eh, you're stretching it. Don't get ahead of yourself.
Speaker 1: It was produced with genetic engineering. We're gonna have to get into that because I'm not one hundred percent sure what that means. But I think they like make it in a lab. It doesn't say anything about artificial or natural.
Speaker 2: I love these.
Speaker 1: It is really good. Do you want to try the chocolate ones or you want to wait. Let's wait all right, because we're going pretty long here. So I would give oreo O's Golden oreo O's four balls. They're good, but again they're not breakfast, so please don't eat it for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Screw what Scotti is saying. They are delicious, eat it for breakfast.
Speaker 1: I didn't say they weren't delicious. They are delicious, but I can't see anyone eating this for breakfast.
Speaker 2: I will, and I will do that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Set my children, yeah, because it's good and all children. Hey day, Can I get some oreos for breakfast? Yeah? I just throw some milk on them. There's your cereal?
Speaker 2: What do you think cereal is? No? Like you're trying to undermine the point of the podcast.
Speaker 1: This is true. Without this crap cereal, we have no job.
Speaker 2: When do you eat cereal?
Speaker 1: I eat cereal every day.
Speaker 2: You make sure to at least have one bowl of cereal a day.
Speaker 1: I try. I don't get angry at myself if I don't. But it's just kind of a daily thing. I hate cereal almost every day. Is that cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean it explains a lot.
Speaker 1: Now, But why because my stomach is resting on the table.
Speaker 2: Now, I was thinking more about the fact that you're always like, oh my god, my arm is tangling.
Speaker 1: Well I am sweating again. Yeah, but we've had a lot of sugar today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this was a very sugar filled episode. But I like this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I loved all the cereals. This is This was a good one of my favorites. All right, yay, yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 1: So please send us your listener request because eventually we'll get to them. Here's a little like behind the curtain secret. We do record these and kind of stick them in a queue for a while. So this one that recording right now, you probably won't hear it for like two weeks or something like that. And let's just some breaking cereal news. Then we'll get it in, you know, like a midweek bonus without without an episode.
Speaker 2: Now, there is no such thing as breaking cereal news.
Speaker 1: Breaking cereal news happens when a brand new cereal comes to us before it's in the supermarket. Like if someone sends us one that's not released yet, we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, again, it needs to get this podcast needs to get in the hands of someone who can make that decision.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, general Mills post Quaker, Maltomeal, all right, Kelloggs listening, Come on, come on, we're here, all right, Well, thank you for listening to Serial Killers Episode twenty at X. As Andrew likes to say, Please follow us on Twitter at serial Killers PC. That's cereal with a C and do the thing where where?
Speaker 2: Follow us on Twitter Dot's C Scott e B. Make sure you rate and subscribe to our podcast. Give us five stars, and I'll preface it with if you look, wait a minute, we really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Did you not tell me that I had a chunk of cereal stuck to my lip this whole time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't want to. I thought it was funny to stare at you such dick. So make sure you subscribe. New episodes will come right to your phone. You don't have to keep trying to find it on an app. It's right there for you. We're in the Apple Store, We're on iHeartRadio, We're coming to the Google Store, all those places. Listen to us.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for listening. I'm gonna go back now and get Diamond's crunch and I'm gonna put it together with that was right now, So until next episode when will be legal. Oh Lord, thanks for listen. I think the serial killers in Crunch Crunch