Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio Podcast. Okay, welcome to miss Spelling and oh my gosh, this is officially the kickoff of my favorite time of year and my boy horror bestie Eastern Allen is here with me.
Speaker 2: Hi toy. It's so great to be here for such a special occasion too.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. So we have good news all month long.
Speaker 3: It is the spooky season.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I have a future and voice work all of October we are doing. We have amazing oh my gosh, wait for it, guest interviews. We have amazing stories all season long. So if horror is not your jam, you know I serve up a side of comedy always, so please keep tuning in, listen, subscribe, download.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, so sorry, I'm very passionate. There's two things that get my voice like this, and it's horror films and food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those two can cause a very visceral reaction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're e're the same though.
Speaker 2: You're shouting or chewing either way.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. It gives me like ooh, happy dance. Okay, so what are you most excited about for October?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's so many and every year I like make the proclamation like I'm going to pack more Halloween stuff into this year because it's a it's a so fun. I love going to Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. I'm a new fan of that. I've only been going for a couple of years now because I I'm a reform scaredy cat. I was so afraid of it.
Speaker 3: Oh but I always watch horror films.
Speaker 2: This is I always love horror films. Yeah, but like going into haunted houses where like there's like guys that jump out at you that I really got so anxious doing that. And actually, if anyone's listening, I want to share something that the thing that changed me that helped me through this. I heard someone talk about those haunted houses like, oh, it's they're like roller coasters, Like they all kind of have similar rhythms, so like when you've done you know, they're all different, but like you can kind of after you've done like three of them, you're like, Okay, I'm going to walk down this path. Guy's going to jump out lock down this path, you know, something like bit flashing life. And when I started thinking of it like that, it stopped, like I stopped being so nervous about it. And then another thing that helped me again as a scaredy cat at Universal Studios, when they're screaming at you, that is not the actor's voice, that is a speaker with an audiophile And I don't know why that helped, Like the fact that I knew this dude wasn't actually screaming at me. I don't know why that like made it easier.
Speaker 3: Well, you thought it was like live, Like.
Speaker 2: I thought that was like a dude just yelling at me. I don't know why that may be nervous And then yeah, my mistake anyway, So let's say there's if you're a scarty cat out there, there's hope for you. Still, these are incredible things. I'm really excited for horranites. I'm excited for horror movies.
Speaker 1: Wait, don't move on yet, I still want to talk about horrnites. Ok, yeah, Universal Horrnites. So I'm terrified of roller coasters, Like interesting, I don't like rides. I didn't go on Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland until I was forty years old.
Speaker 2: That's one job that's not even a roller coaster exactly.
Speaker 3: Now, you know, where it comes from.
Speaker 1: I went on like a school like when I was in sixth grade elementary. It was like, you know, almost like the version of grad Night, but for six graders, and the teachers and parents like took all of us to I want to say it was six Flags and we went and I was like, okay. I was really nervous to go because I was like, I don't do rides, I don't do drops.
Speaker 3: I'm scared I'm going to like people are going to make fun of me.
Speaker 1: And we get into a group and the kid in front of me, he was like, I was like, what's this one?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: We're getting into like it was like a log cabin and there's water and he and I and he's like no, no, no, do you like the one? And like, you know, like do you like small World? I'm like yeah, And he's like it's like a boat that goes and I was like, oh, I can do that. And so we get into the line we are about to go on, and for some reason I see in front of me. I look and I'm like, what's that? And I see it's like you're in a little log boat and it's like.
Speaker 3: All the way down. Do you know this ride.
Speaker 2: I do nothing worse than that. And see that big drop.
Speaker 1: Too, okay, and I literally panicked and I was like, we're in this line and we were all the way into the thing, and it was like at the point of no return. I mean, nowadays someone could scream and they probably take them off, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was twelve.
Speaker 1: All I remember is they were like, it's too late, you got to go. And I was like, what's going to happen. The guy's like you're gonna be fine, just like close your eyes.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, Oh my god. So I was hoodwinked and so I got on. I survived it, but after that experience, I was like, no, you know what, this is not for me.
Speaker 3: I'm terrified. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean I'm talking, I'm the girl at again. Six Flags. Is there still Tune Town or Bugs money Land.
Speaker 2: Or something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's for like ages like like eight and under. So I remember going on that that same trip when I was twelve, and it was like a roller coaster that's like nothing. It's like la la la la la because it has like two year olds on it. And I screamed, so loud that they stopped the ride and took me off.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a record or something like, yeah, stop from screaming.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And when I went on Pirates of the Caribbean at forty I went there. I only had four kids at the time, and I'm talking, I'm on the ride holding two babies, like Finn was fourteen months and you can go, anyone can go. And everyone was like, don't worry, it's tiny.
Speaker 3: There's babies.
Speaker 1: What could the drop be like if you could have heard the beast scream and it was it's not like a cool girl like when my scream when I get to that point, when it's not like a cool girl like horror film scream, like like Psycho, it's like a guttural.
Speaker 3: It's like ah.
Speaker 1: And I scream reamed just so loud that I terrified everybody on that on that anyway, So anyway, it's.
Speaker 2: In the dark, you see a talking skeleton before you go down, and I get it. It's freaking I was just afraid of it.
Speaker 1: It's the literal drop and not knowing how big that drop is. That's it's the unknown.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: I would never go back, but I had a point here oh horns hornts Okay, So here's another thing for scaredy cats. First of all, I.
Speaker 3: Grew up, and it's just I still do it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: And this is a podcast. You can't really see what I'm doing right now, but I still do the.
Speaker 1: Fingers like hands in hand in front of my eyes when I know something scary is going to happen in a horror film, and then I part them. And it's not like the Spock. It's like I separate my four fingers two to one side, two to the other, and I peek through and then I quickly shut the window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, trust your eyelids or I'm curious, what like do you not trust? Like that? You can just close your eyes.
Speaker 3: It feels like another barrier.
Speaker 1: It feels like, you know, a little a little bit safer, safer. It feels like a warm hug. But I also feel like, so you can. So I moved through horror nights. I usually go with my best friend Jess and my family, but I'll go with Jess for years. We've been doing it every year for like, oh my God, forever, and we hold hands and I hold her hand or cling to her for dear life and then I have the finger fingers going looking left and right, left and right.
Speaker 3: And but here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you're a scaredy cat, and this is the only part that kind of bums me out, you can hear from the group in front of you when the scares are coming, and that I think, and this isn't a call out to Halloween, horrnor nights. This happens at you know, all of the haunted houses, and yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the nature of the medium. Just it just happened. It's just how it goes, you know.
Speaker 1: Because they have so many people coming through that they can't take time to really like. Yeah, so if you really are scared and you don't want to be scared, just stay super close to that group in front of you and you can almost time it. So when you hear as scare, you just run fast and let's get into the end of their group and you'll miss it.
Speaker 2: When I first went, I was kind of hoping for that. I'm like, oh, like, I can see the scare, so I get the experience of it, but that it's not him interacting with me.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think it was last year Universally did a house that was like holiday themed, like it was like there was like a scary like turkey man for Thanksgiving and then like you're cupid now that we went through. My wife and I went through the line and we were behind like an influencer that was like filming it, and they stopped the line so he could go through alone. And when we were the first ones after him, so we basically got to go through a loan too because there's no one ahead of us. And it was so scary.
Speaker 3: Wow. So if you want the full experience, find find.
Speaker 2: Got the camera in a giant light and stick behind him.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: So we were talking right before we started the pod because we're very excited about this topic, and this is what we talked about that this year there's two new things that you can do. I mean obviously there everyone is talking about the Terrifier.
Speaker 2: The Terrifier. Yeah, the Terrifier haunted house this year at Universal.
Speaker 3: But you were telling me and I didn't know. Are we allowed to say it? Yeah, it's all over, that's all secret at the end of it.
Speaker 2: Oh there, So this is not spoiling. They've advertised this. At the end of the of the Terrifier maze, there's there's a point where you can diverge. There's two paths, and uh and art is are the clown is up there taunting you, and there's either the dry path or the I can't remember. I think they called the blood bath is the other line. So one of them you're going to get wet. You will get wet, and the other one is dry. So if you don't want to get wet. And I have not been on this, I haven't been yet.
Speaker 3: Dry and we're not talking in medical condition.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly, it happens during menopause, but anyway.
Speaker 2: It's allegedly, but yeah, so if you want to be lubricated, you can go down the other the other line. I don't know what happens inside. I don't want to spoil it for myself yet, but I heard that the first couple of nights they did this, especially in Orlando, they went overboard on the blood in quotes, and the maze was flooding. People were just getting absolutely drenched. I believe they've toned it down since then, so you you just you still get wet, so you might invest in a pawn show before you go down that path. But it's cool, it's I've never done something like that before. It's really exciting a pawn show.
Speaker 1: Oh, you can't wear a pump show. In fact, like in horror history. To retain like the authenticity, you're supposed to run down that path in a white T shirt with no bra. Well not you, but it's it's right.
Speaker 2: That is the way they I would like people to do that.
Speaker 1: Hor So that's what always happens, right, Yes, Oh my gosh, I'm definitely gonna take that wet path.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Wonder, like, does that it's good to know about it actually ahead of time because you might plan your outfit accordingly.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I do think that's a good thing for people to know that it's there, because it'd be terrible to want to go and you're wearing like, oh no, no, I wore my swede tuxedo tonight. I can't go down the wet path, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are you gonna say horrible? I'm on your brain?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. Uh.
Speaker 1: And my daughter Stella because so it was a pretty cool experience to always go. For years, I would go with my best friend Jess, and we would go with our friends, and then all of a sudden, some of my kids got to the point where they were old enough to start going as well, so I get to share that with them, which is awesome. So like last year, Liam, Stella, Hattie and fin Wind and Bo still can't go. Not that he can't go, there's not an age limit, but I wouldn't do that to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyways, so Stella was telling me that this year you can have a pass so you don't get scared. Wait no, because walking around people jump out at you.
Speaker 2: There's like scare zones. So like even if you're not in the maze, there's going to be freaks with like chain saws and stuff just coming up to you.
Speaker 1: The chain sauce, Yes, the chain thought for a second, when you're in that, like when they come up to you, Gosh, I don't know what if like.
Speaker 3: Their eyesight's just a little off.
Speaker 1: If they're like, we're so good at this, we can come within in like an inch of your face. Oh that sounded wrong, but and then we won't hit you. But what if there's that one night.
Speaker 3: Where they just gauged a little wrong.
Speaker 1: Or they didn't get an eye check up and they're not on their game.
Speaker 2: I know, I was thinking about that. I feel like six flags are probably more in danger. Not to knock on six flags, but like it right fast, you're probably more in danger of that happening.
Speaker 3: I've never been to that one.
Speaker 2: Oh, they've got a thing they call Sliders of the Night and it's guys with like metal knee pads and they'll run up and then hit their knees and slide it like sparks up and it's always it's funny to watch that because then they have to get them and gough my knees. But a universal the chains are scary that or like they'll have the machine you know it's fake, but like the machete and the like kind of hold it up to your neck and like it freaks me out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I feel like those machetes, I don't know when we do movies, they're like they look real, but they're like rubber like knives and machetes and stuff. I've never done a movie with the chainsaw, but I would assume. I'm not assume. I know, like there's no blade in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's not my fear.
Speaker 1: It's still metal, Like it's still going that's you you're.
Speaker 2: Fucked, Yeah exactly. But like this guy is holding a I can smell it. It's a gas power chainsaw, you know, like I want him to hit me at the piece of machinery. Oh but you were saying, so there's a thing this year that yeah, I knew it's it's called it's called the Deathly Afraid Necklace and it's twenty bucks. And if you wear it around universal horrnites, the scare zones, they won't like come up to you, like they'll see the necklace and know like, Okay, I'm not that guy's a scaredy cat with twenty dollars to spare. I'm not going to scare him. So if you don't like them, I mean I want them in my face, So I'm not I'm not doing this. But if that's then there freaks out, you can that's a cool option for people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, but that feels like God, I would feel like a puss walking around that with that necklace, be so ashamed of myself.
Speaker 3: I'd just be like.
Speaker 2: It'd be like, hey, here's this dunce cap you can wear and they'll not to scare you.
Speaker 1: And like there are prosthetics and like all of like can they even see it? I wonder what it looks like?
Speaker 3: Is it glow?
Speaker 2: Does it's I'm looking at it's like a it's a it's small. It does glow, it lights up, but it's like a little pendent of a skull and crossbones. It's like a little circular thing. And uh here, I'm going to show you a picture of it actually so you can comment on this too.
Speaker 1: But it should be like a big it should be like a big p on that you have to wear.
Speaker 3: It's like the scarlet letter, but instead of an A, it's a P.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly exactly. I feel bad for the scare actors because they have to now look for this thing and they can't just like be yeah, they can't like just be in the character. They have to be like, oh, oh he has a necklace. The world, you know. And so I don't even know if it works, like I would love to hear how many people still get scared because they don't know they don't see the necklace or something.
Speaker 3: And they're like, I won't wait twenty bucks back.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm very excited. It's one of the highlights of my year. Yes, so thank you Universal orn.
Speaker 2: The best to do it best in the game.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they are. Well, I mean, have you been to Not Scary Farm.
Speaker 2: I have not been to Not Scare Farm, and I always wanted to though, because I've heard I heard about the h I think it was two years ago. They had like you walked through like an elephant's pen in like a circus and it just smelled like it smelled like elephant poop. Yeah, and then uh, there's there was another one where love that you just said, I'm trying to be polite here, we're in polite society. But they also had a thing where like they'd project mist and it looked like water and then there'd be guys on the ground like popping up like it was like you're and it looks like you're wading through water, which is kind of fun. My wife went one year and she said, oh, yeah, it's it's scary. But I also they had like a laser tag thing where you shoot zombies and outside there's just a couple full blown having sex in the bushes, just like two people that were at Not Scary of Fun. So that can't you can't promise that'll happen every year, but it has happened.
Speaker 1: You had me at Poop like I have never been because it's really far and now I got to go because I'm.
Speaker 2: Anything can happen and Not Scary Farm they don't have a good poop chat or they don't have any hype there, Like they don't have any like uh, you know, there's not gonna be like a movie you recognize at Not Scary Farm. It's all original stuff. So it'd be like, you know, Professor Stabbington's like Horror Layer or something like that. It'll just be like weird things you've never heard of.
Speaker 1: I like, yeah, yeah, so I was.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think when this was. This is like a year or two ago. I was in an uber and I don't know if.
Speaker 1: You ever have this experience in ubers, but like I always get an uber driver that tells me their life story.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, like I've given romance like romance advice. I I've heard it all.
Speaker 1: And this this one he was telling me that his Halloween time job is he's a scare actor and he used to work at Not Scary Farm. Wow, And just the training and the rehearsal and like everything that goes into it, and they choose wisely like not anyone can do it like.
Speaker 2: Me, I get it. It takes a lot of First of all, you have to be a good actor. Yeah, we all put on a good performance, and you need that physical endurance. You gotta be on your feet, like given high energy for hours at a time. It's tough.
Speaker 1: And he also told me that it was very common that they get hit, like they can't touch people. But yeah, he was saying, you know, because it's just it's not people.
Speaker 3: That do it on purpose. They're not trying to hate you.
Speaker 2: But when reflex like.
Speaker 3: Jump out and a guy's just.
Speaker 1: Like boom and you're like whoa, yeah, yeah, yeah. I got in trouble one year at one of these because they said I touched an actor.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, wow, touch them, which you.
Speaker 1: Can't touch them when you go through the mazes, like that's off limits.
Speaker 3: And I can't even remember.
Speaker 1: What the story was, but I absolutely did not touch you know what it was. It was like afterwards and I feel like I was like leaving and I went to pull out my phone to take a photo or something and one of them like was there and like my elbow hit them, and.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, there was an accident. I mean it's dark in there too.
Speaker 1: And they were like so I came out and security is like whoa, And I was like, well, and I won't say which one this was at, but they were like you touch and you just felt so shamed, like you, I felt like I was getting arrested for something like like if the if the glove doesn't fit, you must have quit. Like it wasn't me.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it anyway.
Speaker 2: No, did you have to go to wherever? This was a courthouse on the grounds of the haunt Hunted Court.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun though, No, no, no, no, no, no. Luckily I was doing like it was one of those VIP tours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: The tour guide came out was like no, no, no, no, no, everything's fine, and I was like, no, you don't have to say everything's fine because it's me and it's a VIP tour.
Speaker 3: Like I really didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: I was trying to get my phone now and my like I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: But it was just yeah, it was a scare scare actor with a grudge. Yeah, I guess he didn't.
Speaker 1: You know, he wasn't all about Donna Martin graduates. He didn't like nine O two one oo or something.
Speaker 2: He was like I've always wondered, I mean, these guys are all professionals, these fine men and women that do this. But I always wonder, like if there's a time where like you're you're in a you're like you're going through the haunted house. The lion's backed up. Maybe like when the lion gets backed up, you see the scar acter do the same thing over and over, like jump out and like shake that. And I always wonder if one of every now and then you'll see like a possessed girl from Exorcist, like turn her head around, go I love night or two went by the way, that would be so fun.
Speaker 1: I think, wait at one at one of these random ones. Yes, really, uh, maybe I love it. I'm not saying which one. I've been to almost all of them except not Scary Farm Haunted hay Ride.
Speaker 2: I've never done the Haunted hay Ride. We did ah at work. One time they brought in they were doing like a VR version of it, and they brought in headsets for us to try, and so I did the like VR version of an Ha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish I had done that with you.
Speaker 2: It was It was still scary, but I've always wanted to do the real one. The lines are so long.
Speaker 3: Though, you should totally do it.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll check it out here in Los Angeles, the Haunted.
Speaker 1: Hay ride on a scar factor. It's not the scariest, I'll say that, but it's cool. It's a cool experience. You're on the move, you don't have to walk much, which is you know.
Speaker 2: You're riding on Hey, that's right.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you're like, I don't want the scariest thing, but I want an experience.
Speaker 3: I would do that one first.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: In my humble horror opine. What other ones are there?
Speaker 2: So the Queen Mary used to do one called Dark Harbor. In the last couple of years. It was Shaquille O'Neal took it over and it was Shaktoberfest, which is hot story. Yes, but I think Dark Harbor might be back this year. Let me double check that. But Dark Harber, Queen Mary, that sounds like fun because the Queen Mary. Again, if you live in Los Angeles, it's terrifying on its own. Uh and it is happening now in until the beginning, Remember.
Speaker 1: It is terrifying. Yeah, it's the only place I had my only threesome in my whole life. Really, ship was terrifying. I said ship, I didn't say ship.
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 2: Well, sorry, I don't want to detract from the Halloween spooky talk, but I'm just I'm just really curious. Was the was it like a spur of the moment thing and you were on the Queen Mary, or was it like a planned like we want to do this, we want to have this threesome experience on the oldest vessel in the waters.
Speaker 1: No, it was during nine two, okay, and we were filming an entire episode on the Queen Mary. Okay, So we stayed overnight, all the cast, all of the crew, everybody, I believe the Google dolls performed.
Speaker 3: And uh, dating myself. No, no, not really anyway. Uh, it was not a planned thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, get that. That adds more context, that makes more sense. I did like the idea of like, we're going to do a threesome and it's got to be on board the Queen Mary.
Speaker 3: I mean, have you stayed in one of those rooms?
Speaker 2: I have. We did stay there for my wife's birthday a few years ago, and it was fun but not comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the boat is from.
Speaker 3: The so you've gone in some holes in that room and it's just.
Speaker 2: I have fit into some of those small portholes.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, yeah it's not. It's kind of all them.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not sexy, No, no, far from. That's why I was so shocked to hear that that was the venue for such a I know, such an experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes for a good story.
Speaker 1: Not that I knew I'd be telling stories about a threesome on the Queen Mary twenty five years later, but here we go.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can experience, you can get spooked yourself. There's a thing called voodoo, the Queen's Curse Feasts, the final cut, all these different haunts on board the Queen Mary. Right now, there's so many in southern California where just spoiled with these haunts.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: But since.
Speaker 1: My listeners are all over, yeah, there are things in other states. So I last year was able to go to Kansas City and this you remember this and do this haunt. It was an immersive experience combined with I guess they have this maze every year, okay, and they combined, they combined. Partnered with my friend Darren Bausman, who obviously director Horror Fanatic, does immersive experiences like no other.
Speaker 2: He created the what many agree is the most the worst trap in all of saw history. The pit full of needles, needles, that was that was his brain child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has that in his garage, I believe. So my friend Darren Bausman and my friend Morgan Rooms did this, and my best friend Jess they got you know, I don't like flying and I don't like leaving my kids either. It is Jess, but only for them. We flew to Kansas City, so it was like part immersive experience, which was awesome, and then part like this maze that they do every year, Famous Horror Maze in Kansas City. So anyway, it's voted best haunted house legendary haunts. Anyway, we went Jess and I and and you literally, I think what's different about going outside of la ours that we experience what we call haunted houses?
Speaker 3: Haunted mazes.
Speaker 1: Are very contained within like a theme park, and you know, so you can only go so far in the imagination of like where am I? Because you step right out of it and you're suddenly eating a giant pink donut.
Speaker 3: The Simpson Ride, you know, like, so which is the only ride I will go on?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: And there's people that are hardcore roller coaster fanatics that won't go on that because it's a different experience. There's two things that go fast that I go on, not fast that can So the Simpsons ride and the Teacups in Disneyland.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, So I like to go around.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't like to go down. A lot of people I don't like to go down.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the cry is of men across the country. I can hear right now. Now. A lot of people get sick from that Simpsons right, and we'll do what I.
Speaker 3: Have to do, but only in the first six months. Then you're fucked.
Speaker 2: An iron stomach of Tory spelling. A lot of people get sick on both those rides. That's a major complaint that they get queasy.
Speaker 3: I love them. Okay, So what was I saying?
Speaker 1: I was saying, Okay, but once you were outside of LA in California, Kansas City. So we go and it's like, you know, there's great Kansas City and there's I feel like Taylor Swift was in town that weekend we were there or something, which you know is all the time.
Speaker 3: But okay, so you know, like downtown.
Speaker 1: It was like super cool and very cool boutique hotels and stores and restaurants and bars. But we drove. Our friend Larry was with us. He's another immersive experience. We we kind of follow We're like groupies for Darren Bausman, like whenever he does stuff, we're like his like VIP groupies.
Speaker 3: And then so anyway we went.
Speaker 1: He rented a car, he drove us and we had drive like thirty minutes outside and we had to park in a parking lot, and all of a sudden, I was like, whoa, we're walking and there's no street lights, there's no there's nothing, there's no stop signs. It was like I was I was in Texas Chainsaw Massacre like this is and I couldn't have been happier. I was like, whoa, this is the real deal, because something could happen to us and it might not even be related to this haunted thing we're about to do because we're out in the middle of the woods. We're out in the middle of nowhere, no cell reception, and it's like the perfect storm of any horror movie setting, minus the car breaking down.
Speaker 3: We chose to park our car and get out and walk.
Speaker 1: So anyway, when you are doing the like the mercy of experience was super rad, but when you were doing the maze part, it is really different.
Speaker 3: People are jumping out at you, but you're also not just following everybody and going through a perfect line. You're running down hills and.
Speaker 1: Holding on to branches and like that's awesome, and they'd like really push it.
Speaker 3: It was scary and like I lost Jess at.
Speaker 1: One point and I was with this random group of people and this guy was like he was like literally like this two hundred and thirty pounds, like man and tall and big, and he was like crying like.
Speaker 3: A baby, and he was like I've never done one of these.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I'm going to be the heroine in this, Like this is really me and a horror film where I'm like the main like main character energy.
Speaker 3: And I was like, hang on to me, Oh, get you out of here. What the fuck am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: But like you know, and so I grabbed him and like he was holding he was weighing me down at this point, but I was like, you know what, no trolls left behind and so and I say that because no man left behind, but literally the movie trolls. So I wasn't likening this man to a troll. I just have kids, so I say that. And then at one point, I mean, I'm holding myself back. If it was a real horror film, like I probably would have gotten killed because he was like hanging on to me, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: This way, hurry, we got to get out of here.
Speaker 1: And I like to put myself in scenarios and pretend I'm actually living a horror film, because if you're gonna do it, do it. And then at one point he bailed on me, and I was like, really yeah, he like saw an opening and he was like push me to side and he was like running for like, and I was like really yeah, I say.
Speaker 3: I don't believe in that.
Speaker 1: I'll always go I'll go down trying to save people. But and then at one point there was this one like two ways out, and they made me eat a handful of.
Speaker 3: Dried worms.
Speaker 1: It's not maggots, Maggot's Michael, you're eating maggots. Sorry that was from Lost Boys, But no, no, no, do you know what I'm talking about? Like the dried worms you can buy in stores to like feed your like bearded dragon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, like like meal worms or something or like whatever those they make.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I ate it.
Speaker 2: You're so yeah committed to the experience.
Speaker 1: I'm committed. Sorry I went off on a tangent. But ooh, you guys, let us know the best horror experiences all over the country.
Speaker 2: Yes, I want to know. I want to know every weird place. I want to know every weird haunt that you can find.
Speaker 3: And you know what, next year we should get some info and next year we shoul to go to them.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would that would be amazing. Just do like a tour and.
Speaker 1: Get some to pay for it so we don't have to like paid to go and then we'll film it and we'll experience every single one. Now do you remember do these still exist? Do you remember the ones that would be like the scariest haunt, Like there's like the ones where you literally are like closing a coffin you were buried.
Speaker 2: You were like, yeah, you have to like sign a waiver for those lines.
Speaker 3: What are those called like extreme haunts? Yes, yes, you have to sign a waiver. You have to have a safe word.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know if I would be able to do that one.
Speaker 3: So here's the.
Speaker 1: Thing I call myself like this the Horror Queen, like I could do anything. I always have said I want to do one of those, but I wonder how far i'd make it.
Speaker 3: They have ones in La. Yeah they're not crazy crazy, but I hear there they can get dicey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there's somewhere like the'll shave part of your head or they like dunky underwater and stuff. I can't do that. I would not be able to do that.
Speaker 3: I pay a off for these extensions. I don't want them to shave my head. Well one of them.
Speaker 1: So, like Darren did the Tension Experience, which is really famous for immersive experiences. LUST one was called and Lust I went to with my best friend Dress and our friend Spencer. They took him into a room, gave him a razor and shaving cream, a hospital gown, and they told him in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: That he had to take off all his clothes and shave his pubes.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah did he do it?
Speaker 3: Yeah he was committed, he did it.
Speaker 2: We love it. I mean, did he have thankfully had something to shave? Right? What if he was like when said to Hetty, you.
Speaker 1: Eddie, imagine down to the heart heartwood. What movies are coming out this month that we can see. Oh my god, really see I didn't look this up.
Speaker 3: I should have.
Speaker 2: Let's see, uh what I'm excited about. Let me look this up. I shuh.
Speaker 3: You saw the Conjuring, right, I.
Speaker 2: Loved the Conjuring. I'm really excited for Black Phone too. I loved the first Black Phone.
Speaker 1: I loved the first one, although I went with some of my older teens and didn't know it was about.
Speaker 3: What it was about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was like, oh my god, is a mom You're like got it? But it was a great horror film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's so good. Let's see what else is coming. Let me see finance at Pretty too, I believe is coming. U. Oh, that's at the end of the year. That's in December. That's that's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: There's really none, right, I just saw.
Speaker 2: I really loved The Long Walk. I just saw The Long Walk.
Speaker 3: I've not seen that.
Speaker 2: It's so good. It's based on Stephen King short story. Okay, it's really it's it's so good. It's gruesome and scary, but also like the acting is incredible and it's a very touching story.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: So I put all of those things into one gruesome, scary, and touching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really a remarkable movie. I think every one should see The Long Walk.
Speaker 3: I'm late to the game, but I just saw weapons.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I love weapons. Oh my god. I can't stop talking about weapons. I love it.
Speaker 3: Look at my face right now.
Speaker 2: You didn't like weapons.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say I didn't like it. I appreciated it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate all horror films, all scary films all I maybe, Okay, it could have been this. It was one of those that I saw late in the game. Everyone had hyped it up so much that it was put on such a pedestal.
Speaker 3: I didn't get where. So the ant like, what's her backstory?
Speaker 2: We're gonna find that out. He's making another movie about her.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, but it's a little random, right, Uh.
Speaker 2: It is random, But that's kind of like what I like about it is it's this mystery, this mysterious person comes in and does this crazy stuff. I liked it. Huh, but I get it. If it's off, it's off for everybody. That's okay, No, no, no, I liked it.
Speaker 1: I just the story didn't add up for me because I was just like, wait, they just drop in this random family member just so this entire movie couldn't exist.
Speaker 2: What if she's not a family member?
Speaker 3: Oh shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What how many people do you think are gonna go as her for Halloween?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she's gonna be a huge costume?
Speaker 3: Huge? Does she get a piece of that now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: So I haven't started decorating for Halloween. Now. Every single year.
Speaker 1: I say to myself, I'm gonna start decoring for Halloween early, and then every single year I say to myself, I'm gonna start decorating for Christmas early, and it just one of these years I'm gonna kneel it. But uh yeah, so October, you know, days away, and I have not started decorating, and it sucks because it's like fall. You know, I could have started like a month ago. We definitely have the gear, Like, hello, do you think I have like stuff in my storage and in my garage?
Speaker 3: Duh?
Speaker 1: Like I could have pulled it out and started decorating the house, but I haven't. And then I always do this one My kids get me to go to Spirit Halloween and we buy more stuff. Even though I know I should be practical.
Speaker 3: Have you met me? And I should be like, no, no, no, we have stuff from last year and the year before and the year before that and ten years before that. But no, I always get new stuff.
Speaker 1: Now. When I was in my twenties lived at the Wilshire, but with my roommate Kevin, my roommate Jenny, at a certain time, I went all out. I mean I'm talking like smoke machines and like the black lights and all out, and I mean it was crazy. Now is a mom of five a single mom of five? Yeah, I'm gonna keep using that moniker to say why I should get some vat And I'm kidding until I'm no longer single anymore. But I am just like, hey, I'm lucky at the end of the day if we have like some real pumpkins carved out in front of the house, maybe a styrofoam like tombstone place somewhere, and yeah, that's it. No, no, no, I always make my famous chili every Halloween. And I've done this since I was in my twenties at my apartment at the Wilshire, and I would make it for all my friends when they came over, and I'll take a giant pumpkin carve out the center and put the chili in there and then serve it and it's always a huge hit. It's like a Diy chili bar. Anyway, I'll get that done because I do that every year. I'll post the recipe. I'll want to post the recipe, and then I'll never get it done. But you know, it's all about having good intentions. Anyway, Yeah, I should end this podcast and go like decorate for Halloween. Get one leg up literally, like have one like skeleton leg up and I'll be like, see look, I put it above the door.
Speaker 3: One leg up. But I'm bumm. I'm here all hour.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm very excited to dive into this, so very excited to dive into spooky season. We're going to be doing this every week, so I'm very excited. Please tune in, please listen, and yeah, let the Spooky season begin.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's on