Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Pacma Harrison, and Newie Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Alright, it is Wednesday right here in Twistico, Texas, home of the Players Lounge, SWBC podcast studio and the home of the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters.
Speaker 2: Here it is locker room Day.
Speaker 3: I was down there trying to if I guess, I was hoping that Michaeh would be right off the top. So I was down there trying to see if I could get listen. But nobody's there yet. They're saying maybe Michael will be at the end, because I definitely want to hear.
Speaker 2: I gotta hear that. Yes, we want to.
Speaker 3: Hear what the All Pro line backer has to say this this Wednesday. Even though he went on his podcast and explained his comments about the coach, it's just really clear that the coach was offended, oh one hundred percent, and what he said.
Speaker 2: What he said was that that was disrespectful. He could say that.
Speaker 3: Meaning in that way, but it was said, and I think all of us, I raised my hand included we've all said things that were oh yeah, I probably shouldn't have said it that way, but it was said. And so this gives Mike an opportunity to explain it even further about what's going on. And also just my question, it would just be, how do guys go forward? One knowing that it's three and six, Dak is now gone?
Speaker 2: How do you go forward? You're in a pickle.
Speaker 4: And I think for these guys, they probably want to see what this nucleus of players are going to be going forward.
Speaker 2: You're young guys, get an opportunity to see what you're gonna look like next year.
Speaker 4: I mean, who are gonna be those guys that's gonna put it on the line, knowing you know that whoever the if there is a coaching change, you know that you're being looked at, You're being watched to see who's quitting on the job. You know, you look around the NFL, there are a lot of guys right now packing it in knowing that they're on the teams that ain't going nowhere, and they got a contract that ain't going nowhere. So you got a bunch of contracts, a lot of guys that are on one year deals. I think you're watching those closely. Who wants to be resigned? But I want to see some of our young guys, I really do. I think what we've seen from Demarve and Overshown is like really, I mean, he's hurt last year, so essentially this is his rookie season. You're getting an opportunity to see how special he is. Mars LeFou the other linebacker, You're getting an opportunity to see how special that guy is. We don't know what we have in guys like one Ye Thomas. You know, we hadn't got an opportunity to judge guys like that.
Speaker 2: Just awesome.
Speaker 4: Richards got an opportunity to play at left tackle, and everybody came away from that game saying, Austin Richards look good.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So I mean, yes, you are in a situation at three and six where everybody's saying, like the season is. It may be a lost cause to some, but you still got a bunch of games, still have a bunch of NFC East games ahead of you. So I'm really looking at their young talent just to see what these guys do going forward.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I can understand from a you know, organizational standpoint, you know, playing those young guys playing the wan Gay Thomas Is the more leophile first name been awesome Richards and those guys, I can see that because you want to see what.
Speaker 2: You have in the future.
Speaker 6: But you know when you talk about those guys like a Jordan Lewis, you know, those guys that are on those one year deals, When you start seeing these young guys getting more and more playing time out there, trying to see what they got in the back yard mind, you think, oh man, it's a rap. The season is done, it's over with. So it gets it becomes extremely tough for those veterans out there to go ahead and be the leaders that this team needs because they understand, like, man, well, if the coaching staff wants to see these young guys, they want to see what they got for the future. Basically, the season's done. The seasons because we're not gonna put our best foot forward. So it's tough. It's a tough situation because you you gotta know what you're getting in the future. But those guys on those one year deals, man, it becomes in it's like I gotta put good tape out there. That's when it that's when you you become I don't want to say selfish, but in a way you you become selfish as a player because you're like, man, I can't put bad tape.
Speaker 2: On there, especially if I'm going into a contract here.
Speaker 6: I don't want the last you know, image of me when these teams look at it. It's, man, this dude out here getting getting cookies, getting getting burned.
Speaker 2: So that's it's a tough pickle.
Speaker 6: I've been in that situation, but it becomes a little bit selfish and you got to look out for yourself.
Speaker 3: So Chumandoga ready to come back. Another offensive tackle in the mix here.
Speaker 6: It might be curtains from my man, especially after you know rich he went in there and he did his thing.
Speaker 2: It's a good defensive line.
Speaker 3: And that was that was my next question of okay, so what do you do when you start saying, all right, this is where the season is right, it's interesting here, you know, just just how do you go forward to tod Hey, here's a veteran and you're the head coach.
Speaker 2: I mean, the head coach is still the coach.
Speaker 3: So you're trying to even if he his contracts up, So even if he's not here, you want to put out a team that looks like it's fighting so you can go, I mean, coach next year and other guys who want to coaching staff. So so I would not just simply say well that you was done, but Awsome Richards did look good. But I look at things like that. This is these are decisions that are going to have to be made right now. This is one more tackle that's there. When do you say to Terrence Steel if it keeps going the way it's going, when do you when do you make a look there?
Speaker 2: So it's it's some serious questions.
Speaker 3: And I think this week is just another week where if it doesn't go, if it goes from three to six to three to seven and then you got a short week with Thanksgiving coming to.
Speaker 6: Me, it's it's man, this is uh not only that the running back position. I mean, what do you know if you're Rico, if you're deuce and let's just say, you know, a new coaching staff does come in, if they don't extend Mike, you know where their tape at. You know, you gotta be like man, I gotta put some tape on the field. You know, are we gonna continue to give you know, Zeke these carries? Or are we gonna see what we got in a douce. We're gonna see what we got in a rico. So, I mean there's a lot of positions that you know right now, it seems like, you know, guys gotta start fighting for some reps out there matter or it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough.
Speaker 4: I mean you're you're there right now. You're there, and you can look just look at the numbers. If there was any fight, if you if you saw anything as far as your offense playing without Dak, I think is probably obviously last week you saw that's the biggest adjustment your offense. Your passing game had nothing, and that's coming off of a running game that really didn't give you anything. But oddly enough, the running game, I believe gave you ninety five yards and that was a hell of a lot more than what you were getting previously. But no way you could have gotten yourself prepared to throw for forty nine yards in a four quarter football game.
Speaker 3: It heard us and then your quarterback, No, I was just gonna say on the ninety five yards. That's the final result. Yeah, but how much of that was after the competitive phasees he was up twenty and they were like he got ahead, got ahead as a former player, here's Michael Parson's back.
Speaker 2: He's got three sacks.
Speaker 3: Is it in your mind like too late for him to make a Pro Bowl run?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean he would have to go New clear like he would have to get was it final eight games? He'd have to get at least ten sacks in the final eight, because I mean it is tough. I've seen guys ball out, but if your record is trash and your defensive ranking is trash, I mean, it's gonna be hard for Cass to put you on, you know, a Pro Bowl ballot. I remember one year, I think it was jaredston ball. He had like five or six interceptions, but our defense was one of the worst passing defense in the National Football League.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's gonna be extremely tough. You know.
Speaker 6: Michael Parsons has the name to where if he could if he goes out there and raffles off a couple of sacks, he can he can get in there, maybe as an alternate, but as far as like that first Pro Bowl ballot Pro Bowl guy, he would have to go nuclear in these last eight games.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about ten sacks.
Speaker 6: He would have to end the season with thirteen fourteen sacks to even get consideration. I mean in the NFC, you know who's who's your top guy in the NFC when you're talking about coming off the edge. A lot of those guys are in the in the a f C. But I mean, he would have, in my opinion, he would have to go nuclear.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: And when it comes to your top five in sacks, right now, you got Hendrickson, he's got eleven from Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Then it's the NFC East guy number two, that's Lawrence, He's got nine, the extra fowler Filer's got eight and a half. McDonald of the Jets has eight. And how about this The fifth leading sacker right now the league is eight Hutchinson.
Speaker 4: He's been out and he's been out for how long?
Speaker 2: Boy game man.
Speaker 3: Ilc it is so so Overshown leads the Cowboys and sacks right now, go with four and then Mike has got three. But I just wondered, just from the standpoint, because when you're a decorated player who's used to this he's missed time through injury. You know, in his mind he made Hey me, I came back. You saw me get the sack. I'm still that guy when I was in here, I just wonder.
Speaker 2: How does that go?
Speaker 3: And then how the guys in the room feel about you know that, because these guys take.
Speaker 2: Pride in Oh yeah, I get your numbers. Man.
Speaker 4: No, and I'm with you Church, I think he's he would definitely have to go off. But it was amazing to see his impact on the defense after missing those few weeks.
Speaker 2: And then it brought the question like, damn, what would Ron Bland look like?
Speaker 4: You know, what would this defense look like when you're able to cut down those big plays because you have a cornerback that teams are not purposely attacking.
Speaker 2: I think that's.
Speaker 4: Another thing that I think when when you start looking at the injury, the injuries for the Cowboys, if they could get some of those guys back, what impact would having a Derun Bland be for this team? What impact would having the Brandon Cooks be for the Cowboys offense? Because right now, I mean, I don't look and I'm not trying to bash anybody, I'm just looking at the final results. I'm the competitive phase of the game. You don't have enough wide receivers that are creating separation out there that are even bonafide playmakers to make a difference in conjunction with Ceedee Lamb. So I mean, we're putting a lot of We're putting a lot of pressure on fer Kittle Kelsey, but because that production is not like there, and he's also fumbled the ball, you doubt him and the way that they're drawing up plays. But what what can if you got a guy like Brandon Cook's back that understands spacing and you don't have four wide receivers running into one area, what could that benefit your offense as well?
Speaker 6: I could It could benefit it a lot, because, like you said, he's a smart wide receiver and he understands zones, and that's something they're not saying the rest of these guys will understand football or anything like that. But when you talk about a Brandon coach, it's a guy that's had multiple one thout in your seasons and he understands where to sit down, where to.
Speaker 2: Be quarterback friendly.
Speaker 6: And that's just something that we haven't seen from the Tolbrits of the world, the brooks Is of the world out there. Maybe we can get some from Mingo. I'm excited to see what he can bring to the table. Big athletic dudes, so maybe he can win some one on one matchups. But as far as you know wide receiver, I think Cooks and I and I was because I'm like, man, you know, Cooks, he really wasn't doing much. Man, he will be. They ended up missing that veteran presence in that wide receiver room. So that's gonna be tough.
Speaker 2: But when you talk about Bland, that's an interesting question. Do you come back if you're Bland? Do you do you?
Speaker 3: Basically talking to McCarthy on Monday, it is don't look for Bland.
Speaker 2: Or Cooks this week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, That's what I'm like, So don't don't. Don't look for especially if you Bland your last tape you put on the fourteen interceptions. You he speaks.
Speaker 4: For itself, like I'm like, and he and he's literally in the position to where you can't you know, extending him done. You know, look, he's he's one of those what he said his third year, so this is this is thirty year, so next year, like this summer, they got to start ripping up deals and talking about paying future.
Speaker 2: It is a pickle. I know how it works. He comes back from injury.
Speaker 6: Let's just say he comes back from and let's just say he goes out there and he gets bombed on. You know, he's been out for a while, you know, a little bit rusty the last stretch of games, he gets bombed on a little bit. You know, when they come back to them tables, they hey, man, you know it wasn't that same production that we saw. You're not the same you know, take this right here.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't I think after the year that he had last year, you'd be that that's rich and God's coming. And you know, I'm talking to somebody that know how it works. I'm not questioning that. I'm just saying he's coming. He's fighting back from injury. And you know what he did last season healthy, he was a baller and him and Gilly, you know that that's again, that's that's just a matchup that I think if you were able to get some of that back, maybe that would help you, because, like I mean, come on, man, you watched the tape. You saw what Philadelphia was doing. You saw exactly what Kellen Moore. He came in with the game plan on who he was going.
Speaker 2: To that it it went out of it.
Speaker 4: And this is a defense that hasn't generated many turnovers at all. And then last week it was like out of the blue, digs Trayvon steps in front of the tight end and gets it and he's like, wait a minute, we still can't get that's.
Speaker 2: Still a part of our defense.
Speaker 4: And you miss and you missed that because it just seemed like it was automatic for Bland.
Speaker 2: It was automatic for Bland.
Speaker 6: Then on top of that, he was taking it back to the is he oh yeah, he was cribbing it.
Speaker 2: He was cribbing it, man, no doubt about it. It's a long time ago, guys, it was a long time. There's reministion right now.
Speaker 3: This isminiscent three yeah, then twenty four game and whatever.
Speaker 2: On the other side of the break.
Speaker 3: I just want you both to think about this just just and does not have to be deep, because it's a really quick study.
Speaker 2: What all was.
Speaker 3: Lost and snatched and taken away from this organization after that Green Bay playoff lawn because it ain't been the same. We'll do that next with Heck Maharison Barry Church on New he Scruggs Players NOTNCH brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott keats it slides with a first.
Speaker 8: Down invest like your icons, where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot com perfect pro.
Speaker 9: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lifball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the year.
Speaker 10: Go Cowboys back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 4: Cowboy Nation is time to get the given season going. Tune in to see country music superstar Lady Wilson and special guests performed during Salvation Army's annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in need. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Giants, and Landy Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today s Salvation ARMYUSA dot org.
Speaker 3: Is hec Ma Harrison with read appreciate you very much. Barry Church from a cab here and I even knew it, struggs. This is the players Lines brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Uh Barry this this morning was hanging out an event and Matt Pittman to meet Church.
Speaker 2: He's based out of Waksahatchie.
Speaker 3: Used to be used to work for the Stars organization and branched out became a barbecue one of the best in the game. But seriously, heck his rubs you can definitely add them on broccoli college my kids and roasted them. I mean it is it's it's sational. Carrots and stuff. So this is I recommend the Holy Vootero.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite one. That's the one that he's got this really holy.
Speaker 3: I made a did a salisburry steak and a crock pot last week and used the Holy Cow added that in there. So I mean there's sensational, sensational rubs and then some of the like the honey hoog if you're doing more some chicken some port kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So it's it's you're not gonna go rock, You're not going wrong.
Speaker 3: But but yes, as a vegetarian diet man, definitely the rubs get in there too.
Speaker 2: Man, they make it go. What did he start? That should have asked, like when did you start this?
Speaker 6: Because it hasn't been around that long, right, if I'm not mistaken in church, now, you know.
Speaker 2: He just got really big.
Speaker 3: He's been doing it for a minute, was doing it on a part time basis, but then he went he went next level, and then he got to deal with green Egg and then moved on over to the traggers and then that kind of took him and then you know, being on Jimmy fallon other people, and then of course you know Dak hooking.
Speaker 2: Up with telling me do some cooking stuff with dak Yeah, and then over sm u he and Rick Hart the a D over there, shout out.
Speaker 3: You playing really good right now, just in the top fifteen the college football playoff ranking.
Speaker 2: So did that over there? It's coming.
Speaker 3: Hey, look man, I hope you can get there. Man, they gonna get to the planet. What are they the AAC.
Speaker 2: No there there. They moved from the AAC over to the a c C.
Speaker 6: There with Miami automatic you win it automatic, big, yes, So they their first place, first place.
Speaker 3: So they got Boston College built Bill Bill O'Brien his coaching Boston coll So they're coming to Dallas this weekend. So it's a tough test. He's gonna make it a four quarter game. Yeah, BC's gonna make it a full quarter. But I believe that seems favored by touchdown?
Speaker 4: Does that you played in Miami this year? They don't play Miami. But the a c C have a champion.
Speaker 2: They got you got Florida State. That was their first that was their first You talking about the fall of a program. Oh my god, man, first mistake not high in prime? I said, what is the first time? And then it was from the first game on and.
Speaker 3: I was just like, dang, for a minute, they wanted to fire Norvel before last year, but they didn't have the money because they were still paying off Taggart deal, so they weren't in a position she.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say that is the guy that got fired from an M. I was like, damn, he getting money everywhere.
Speaker 4: Jimbo for Jimbo says, yeah over there, the am over here chilling, No, no, jim Jimbo is on you can you can hear you can hear Jimbo on radio show, Jimbo plotting.
Speaker 2: And he letting you know he's available. I'm gonna be back right now. He letting you know he's available.
Speaker 3: So for SMU, they get Boston College this weekend, then they go to Virginia, and then they are at home to end the season against California. Boston College right now is five and four, Virginia is five and four, and California is five and four.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell y'all the dangerous thing about SMU is centrally located in Dallas. They don't have to leave the state to get to get town. They can stay right where they are and just recruit the Metroplex and have it and have a team. Look, that's the danger of SMU being good because teams like Texas that come up to come up thirty five other teams around that have to A and m's are all they are looking at. What s because when you start talking about n I L especially when it because that's all it comes down to is the bread and sim You can compete with anybody.
Speaker 2: It's the now.
Speaker 4: The facilities are definitely not like Texas. The stadium definitely not like Texas. But they've made some modifications. They I mean, they're in a position and especially if they are. They bought their way into the ACC. They literally paid to be a part of the conference. They're not taking any of the conference dollars. No, they said we don't want it. That's when you know you got bread.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: They plotting on the SEC. I know, and it made people say it's not a good move. But they plotting to get into the SEC.
Speaker 2: I'm just tough.
Speaker 4: But if they do it and they get the and they get the if they get the athletes to compete at that level, that's the only thing. It's just getting like the Missouri's of the world, the OU's right, they just don't have the athletes to compete.
Speaker 2: You can do it overnight with trenches. Trenches, they can do it overnight.
Speaker 3: They're not going into the SEC because Texas and A and M would make sure that doesn't happen. The play for anybody in the state of Texas outside of Texas and A and M, your play, if you can, is the Big ten because at some point in time, if you're the Big ten, what you want to do is to get into Texas because of the TV dollars. It's all about the TV market and that was one reason why they took Rutgers over talking about New York, New Jersey, but that was that was the person. So if you're the Big ten at this point in time, you want to get into Texas because now Dallas for Worth has moved up. Dallas for Worth is now the fourth largest TV market, Houston's a top ten TV market, and then of course Austin and San Antonio are both growing. So so if you're the Big ten, to me, that next thing is to try to get down here. So if you're SMU, TCU Baylor Texas Tech, you want to be looking to see what could I do to go big ten.
Speaker 4: Have you ever heard of a school paying into a conference.
Speaker 2: Is that ever?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know the answer to that, so I'm asking you. And that's why I'm saying that they play, whether it happens or not. If I'm messmu, I'm trying to get into the SEC because because then I can recruit on the same level as Texas.
Speaker 2: There's no more I'll become playing the SEC everybody.
Speaker 4: But I'm on now, you know, when you're in the recruit, when I'm in your living room saying, son, do you really want to go play in the Big ten playing the cold? You know, all come play in the SEC. You play Texas, stay right here at the house. I mean, I'm telling you that's a recruiting tactic. And if they got the money to pay in, it's hard to keep them out.
Speaker 2: Here's the other prop. You know.
Speaker 3: If you're saying, now they'll go to the SEC and not take any TV dollars, is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You're thinking they would do that because they did it.
Speaker 4: They did it in the ACC. It's paying off on their number one and at first they look they look stupid for doing it.
Speaker 2: They don't look too stupid right now.
Speaker 3: One of the bigger issues. Is truly one wor reason why they're able to make the a SEC run. It is because people don't want to split the pie, you know, and if you're trying to even go into the SEC's by splitting pie. One reason why they wanted a Big twelve because the Big twelve schools like, we don't want to split any pie with them.
Speaker 2: It's it's a real challenge.
Speaker 3: I just think the SEC right now, I'm just in my opinion, SEC's closed. They know that the biggest, baddest thing on the block. They're not at anybody else. It doesn't I mean, look at what they added. They went on and added arguably the biggest name outside of Notre Dame in college football in Texas. And then they brought Oklahoma with them because it's Oklahoma and you want Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: No good right now? They beat upside Yes, but you've got Saxes.
Speaker 3: But Sankie's not gonna I mean, and you look at everything that they've always added, it's always been a strategic thing. You can look at Missouri's like, well, who's Missouri. Missouri was TV markets and increasing it. SMU is not going to give them anything that they don't already have. And even when people say, well what about Florida State, like Florida State and Clemson trying to go to the SEC, I'm like, guys.
Speaker 2: Why would Florida even want to entertain that?
Speaker 3: Or if they don't need Basically, they're already in Florida, they don't need Florida State.
Speaker 2: And then Clemson they got South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Now having lived in the state, South Carolina football is big down there, but hey, we're in the state. We don't need Clemson. We are still the SEC without those dudes. You bring in Texas even though you had A and M. Texas is bigger than A and M. We know this absolutely. And then Oklahoma, oh hey, we'll take you too, But Sankie's not at anything he'll need to.
Speaker 2: He doesn't need to.
Speaker 4: But you think about the way that and I'm just looking at the way that this college Playoff thing is ranking out. It's all of your power fives teams that get the top draw consideration right off the bat. Teams like SMU again, they could chill out in the ACC and make it there each and every year.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be a problem for them.
Speaker 4: But in schools like that, especially with the type of money that they have. They want to get to the top of the foods. They're not going to be satisfied with staying down at the bottom of the barrel. And oh, by the way, we can out recruit all of these guys. We got the same amount of money.
Speaker 2: I hear what you said, what they want, but I'm looking at the other side.
Speaker 3: And that's been these conversations with people I've been having through the years of just Okay, what does it benefit me conference? And then it's the membership within the conference. Those are always the issues because like brett Ormark, who's running Big Twelve. Brett Ormark wanted Yukon badly, one of them badly, but the members said, Nah, we don't want it. Brent's whole thing was, well, what we need to do in the next TV deal is separate football and basketball because the Big twelve is.
Speaker 2: The best basketball leaguer.
Speaker 3: He's like, we want to sell basketball in the one thing, take football and selling in another. And if we're going to sell basketball, why not get u Con and Yukon in that whole tri state area New York, New Jersey, Connecticut. But the membership was like, Nah, we don't want to do that and so this is the commissioner. But this is a very interesting way. And then the whole pie thing is what I consistently when I talked to the different ads and coaches.
Speaker 2: Man, we don't want to split the pie.
Speaker 3: People talk about what happened in the Big Ten between Oregon and Washington when they first had the vote to try to keep the PAC twelve together. Dude came out there and it's like, yeah, this is an Apple deal and we're gonna have to kind of get subscriptions and people.
Speaker 2: And no, no, no, no, no, where's a real dollars. They're like that, well, you're like a Shellgate.
Speaker 3: So I got you fifty, but only thirty five is guaranteed. We got to come out and sell to get to it, and they were like, too much work, So they went to the Big Ten. But the big thing is like, the network's got to give you money. The network's like, we're not giving Oregon in Washington a full share. We're not giving you a full share. You're getting fifty MILI. We'll give you a half. Get twenty five to Washington, twenty five to Oregon. So Oregon is not getting the same money that Indiana's getting Wow, they don't get the full share. And to dogs, I'm saying Oregon is not getting with them. Purdue is get it wow. But they wanted to get in that back because it was like, hey, you can either go there or you can try to sit up here, see if you can get this big twelve. And they're like, nah, we want to go to the Pac ten because the Pac ten and for a certain amount of time they'll they'll build up. They're gonna let them build up. But right now they coming in man taking half the check.
Speaker 2: And these things. And so when what happens? So when when you had the.
Speaker 3: Border schools Arizona State, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah all go to the Big twelve because Brett, you or Mart told them we take it four. You better jump in here because Colorado was the first. Again on I got three left, who's coming Stanford and cal Well, we're trying to wait and.
Speaker 2: See they waited too long. So yeah, they waited too long. So the spots goblin dudey.
Speaker 3: Was on the phone, Hey nah, we'll take half nah, because the other members are like, we're not diluting this pie anymore. We're not gonna do it. You should have jumped in there. Then, what's crazy? You remember this?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: When Oklahoma and Texas went to the SEC, people were trying to run out the Big Twelve.
Speaker 2: They were begging to pack till please take us, please, please please.
Speaker 3: They were dudes who was Big Twelve members who went to Texas said look, man, if you stay, we'll give you more of our pie. Hey man, hey man, right literally, hey man, don't go, Barry, Barry, don't go. I'm gonna give I'm gonna give you twenty five percent of the pie I got right now to stay. That's how bad it was, man, And they said no, So it's that whole thing of heck, you're correct of what esmon you would like to get to I mean, he wouldn't How cool would it be to see LSU and Arkansas and Georgia coming to your place? But the SEC right now they're not trying to do anything like that. But hey, if you could stay in the ACC right now and go win that league and get your automatically, maybe.
Speaker 2: Better for you, maybe better for you.
Speaker 3: All right, we blew the segment, but let's but we had fun.
Speaker 2: With the players. We had fun.
Speaker 3: What was taken from this organization in that Green Bay loss because they have not woned home since. There's definitely some problems going on right now. We're not gonna solve it, but we can at least just kind of wonder because I do think something happened to their souls after that game, because this had the soul step something something you've been saying since twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Here with these cowboys.
Speaker 3: Heck Maharison Bury Church of Newly scrugs, this players lounge brought you by this the crack game.
Speaker 5: Ooh ooh, I know what they Hey Danny mccrag here for Smoothie King. You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconuts movie bos only a Smovie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 12: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Huego, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores, hashtags, be your own boss.
Speaker 9: Raising Canes presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkled cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning Game day. Caines rules, Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 10: To the Players Loune.
Speaker 4: The most electrifying event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday Saturday night from November twenty second through December twenty first for the spectacular holiday show with Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, rhythm and Blues, rowdy Santa Claus, and surprise tree lighting appearances from your favorite Cowboy heroes. Best of all, the show is free. For details, visit the stardistrict dot com. Don't miss out on the holiday magic. I saw the list of names they've got over there. Man so they've got some good folks over there lighting the trees. You know, I guess I wasn't so spoty yay, I'm a bad dog.
Speaker 2: I'm so good man, yo. I just like Maharrison Cowboy Barry Church. I Amney scrugs. Let's not do that, so assume it. The Cowboys last year had.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl hopes in their first playoff game was at home against the Green Bay Packers, a team that was kind of struggling a little bit during the year, caught fire at the end with the first time starting George Love that came in here and they beat the tar at forty eight point on big disappointing loss. And the Cowboys have not one at home since. So in twenty twenty four, the Cowboys are over. And the losses that they've had this year, basically they've been down twenty points in every single one of them.
Speaker 2: So it's bad.
Speaker 3: And I had a lady at the gym man spinning structure, says new it your cowboys over.
Speaker 2: She ain't even a sportsman, like the streets is talking like that, like I played for life right. Oh, by the way, knew it after all that punishment you just received, Paula, you don't even following football like that. It's over everybody getting smoked, right.
Speaker 3: So so somewhere along the way, something was lost that day because it hasn't been the same since a team that's won three won twelve games three years in a row went to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: It's bad. And now we know Dak Prescott's gone for the year.
Speaker 3: So I'll start with you what happened that day that has led to this in europeinion?
Speaker 4: Man, And honestly, I don't think it was the players. I think it was Jerry. I think it was Jerry in the box after that Green Bay game.
Speaker 2: He'd seen enough. I think you got this.
Speaker 4: You got that in San Francisco twice, San fran at home, right, And now Green Bay rolls out here and in the biggest moment, you've won all these games at home and your team comes out and lays a goose egg for you. I think from that moment on, we've been asking the question about, you know, building this team and going out in free agency and doing all these other other things that Jerry hasn't been willing to do. He hasn't been willing to go out and get it. Even a Joe Mixon not even Joe, you know, let alone Derrick Henry. You know, he hadn't been willing to go out to get you know, d Hop or any of those guys. It was something that he saw that it was. And I don't I don't. I don't subscribe to the rebuild or soft rebuild, however you want to put it. I just don't. But I think it was something in them. That's like nine, we got a year to get these these deals done. I'm gonna stay you know, stay packed with what I got this coaching staff, we still got a year under this. I think something changed with the organization from the front office then.
Speaker 3: So stay right here. Let me ask you. When you hear and you say, do you think he took it personal?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like man, I've been paying guys. Hell yeah, where's the ROI return on?
Speaker 4: It's yes, okay, that's and and again I think the players, these guys are just that dealing with what they have. I mean, we're just talking about the talent that's on your fifty three. And I think you look at this team now, even with all the injuries on your defense, You're like, man, we how do we over overlook this?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Or how are guys not able to get on the marquise, How these guys to get on the field. How are these guys? How is these guys still playing on this contract right now?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: How Why didn't that guy get cut? Uh during summer training. It's a lot of that, and I believe that again, the lack of going out and pursuing high dollar free agents and even bringing in those guys that possibly could have helped you internally if we're just talking about defensive.
Speaker 2: Tackle position, just s if we're just talking about defensive tackle church, I think a confidence was taken.
Speaker 6: To be honest with you, I mean, this team was loaded last year on how many All pros they had had to be about five or six at least nine All pros, nine All pros. And you're rattling off three straight twelve and five seasons. But what to me was the main thing about all three of those seasons is one question was what can they do against winning teams?
Speaker 2: What can they do against playoff caliber teams?
Speaker 6: You know last year they eked one out against Detroit, you know Philadelphia that believe they split that series. But other than that, there was always those questions you're gonna beat up on the Washington you're gonna beat up on the New York Giants. You know, how can we get this team to the next level? You get the Green band. Green Bay shall likes you. Not only we know everybody was talking about how to run defense. That's the Achilles Hill. This this team has. Man, Green Bay did it through the ground and through the air on you. And so you're looking at you just like, man. Wait, we was loaded all pro. We had all this talent and a young team led by quarterback I believe that was his first goal, right, No, that was his first season fully starting.
Speaker 2: Came in there and slacked us.
Speaker 6: I mean that does something to your confidence as a group because you're thinking, all right, I could you know, and I could be wrong, but in my opinion, they was looking past Green Bay. They was thinking, all right, you know, we're gonna get this w and then we're gonna go on to that that NFC Championship round. And they came in there in Green Bay from the get go just looked like they were the better team or the more hungry team out there. And to me, that that that screams that you know, you got your confidence snashed and they haven't recovered from that sense, I mean, you go into Cleveland, you get a good win against a team that was minus the two tackles. We I thought, you know, Cleveland was gonna be a you know, a pro or a playoff team going into this thing.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, man, a solid victory. This team is on its way.
Speaker 6: And then from there on you just look and see, man, maybe this team, you know, it wasn't as good as we had thought they were going into the preseason. So to me, it has to do with confidence. Man, it has to be.
Speaker 3: Just went here, looked at our notes. Green Bay was a seven point underdog in that game. I picked Dallas to win thirty one to twenty.
Speaker 2: Church.
Speaker 3: You had it closer. You had twenty four to twenty one Dallas. Danny McCrae had it as seven point. Dallas went twenty seven twenty and heck you had it forty four to twenty three.
Speaker 2: Dallas spoke one to overlook.
Speaker 5: All that.
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 3: We thought they were going to handle business.
Speaker 2: And I know that I know that. What was that Friday?
Speaker 13: Yeah, man, the Cowboys were They had been steamrolling at home and doing well at home, and he said something was was snatched.
Speaker 2: The soul was snatched that day.
Speaker 3: They have not been the same team. I think about the defensive line, which even in that twelve and five season, it was two years of people figuring out the way to beat the Cowboys by running the ball.
Speaker 2: Remember those commercials that it was a little.
Speaker 3: Flex all seal, the little thing, fix it right, right, a little fixing thing, and the guy like that.
Speaker 2: I put this on the bottom of a boat and you see him in the boat.
Speaker 3: Rid That's like they put flex al one more time on that D line and it just fell through. It's fallen through. Tyler Beattish. I didn't agree with them paying him ten million. I thought they should let him go. But clearly to take someone who's never played center in college and put him here in the national football is an adjustment. Cooper BB may end up being a good player who makes Pro Bowls, but right now, it's an adjustment. And in my opinion, I think you played. I didn't play. But I just feel like when you try to tell somebody to do something they've never done before at.
Speaker 2: The highest level, man, that's that's a tough challenge.
Speaker 6: It's like asking a guy to play that plays nickel corner. His whole career played nickel corner. I'm a slot guy and get an injury, you gotta bump on the outside like that.
Speaker 2: It's a whole different world when you're dealing with that. That's why what bland. It was remarkable. Absolutely. So that's one on the offensive line.
Speaker 3: Now you're asking a guy in Geydon, who is a right tackle at Oklahoma. Hey, man, come to the National Football League, Go play on the left side, and there's gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Couple of pass rushers. You go see your first seven weeks.
Speaker 3: That's that's that flex all and it broke open, Dad, It's it's it's tough.
Speaker 4: Overestimation, you overestimated. And and we've talked. You have talked about Beatish quite a lot, and you talked about he outpriced itself, you know, basically, but you pay still, you pay still, you lit you let Beatish walk. And it's like, Man, maybe you should have rethought a lot of that because you basically gave up the middle of the field right now. You haven't you haven't had any protection in the middle of your field right now with a rookie.
Speaker 2: And oh, by the way, I don't care how smart they are.
Speaker 4: Like you said, man, that's a challenge to be thrown in the situation like that, and these guys are not, you know, living up to it. It's just it's just hard for them. And defensively, I think you knew what didn't we know what Mazi? What did shut comings were?
Speaker 2: Last season?
Speaker 4: We kind of we kind of saw it, and I think you already kind of felt like, regardless of who you brought in it as a defensive coordinator, you were gonna need to get him more help in the middle in that rotation.
Speaker 3: They decided to trust somebody without any time proof consistency.
Speaker 2: That was a mistake.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it Yeah, right, that is a mistake. But you already you knew what he was. What what did you think was gonna happen not and day from what you saw the first year?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good question. They're thinking, Hey, what did we see from Terrence Steel spent his first rook his year as an undrafted free agent, and he was he was getting told pretty good. And then he made the adjustments and improved. We saw Jaylen Tolbert improved. We had seen them working with guys and they developed. My issue was it was, hey, don't trust him and oh, by the way, you need more than him anyway, he and Odiggy Zoo. That's just not enough. And they didn't they didn't address it. And now you got a first place schedule with the kind of defenses of guys they were facing. Man, it's bad. Houston comes in this week. There's there's some dudes over there.
Speaker 2: Can get to you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's tough. But that we didn't solve the world problem. We just at least debated, and Chane.
Speaker 6: You let all your depth pieces walk like the Armstrongs the Fowlers of the world.
Speaker 3: And they thought they had death pieces. And then you take the injuries with you to take a Sam Williams. Williams, the guys you thought you know were gonna help, and then your starters going. It created, Man, it created, and it was a bad You made a bad bed on some things. And it just hasn't happened. And right now the Cowboys have the eleventh overall picking the.
Speaker 14: Draft draft picks ain't hitting. Let me go in the show, Harrison School, Mega step up, very Church.
Speaker 2: What you got like five snaps past three games? Yeah, I hate to see it.
Speaker 3: Michigan Man, Medi Mash we'll talk to you is coming up at three o'clock.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you tomorrow. Last This has been.
Speaker 1: A production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club
Speaker 5: Minute