Speaker 1: Jill.
Speaker 2: You know what they do? Another episode of Against the Chronicles and I'm with the homie.
Speaker 3: Big steal in the house and Man, I see you and broke one of your homeboys down here today. Man, A low riding a legend man when it comes to putting them things together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man, you know, the culture is big. You feel me.
Speaker 2: Anybody who's been either the love or infatuated or just you know, a real a real historian, an enthusiast, you know what I'm saying. And this culture is man, It's been spread so wide now, man, so you know, welcome the homie man to the show.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, Chris sunstay customs in Orlando, Florida.
Speaker 3: Jill, that's what we do. Yeah, for sure. And we got another legend in the house man via telephone.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Now, I've been trying to get the homie on here man for some years. But it's you know, it's appropriate now and it happened at the right time. The homies Spice won the house. Spice, what's happening with you, cracking mate?
Speaker 6: Man, it's out here getting the end as usually, you know, should make it happen. Sure out there he out there Vacus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Vegas, man, it's about a thousand degrees right now in Vegas and ship I just.
Speaker 7: See the nigga walk past here on fire niggas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you know, Spice, you know one of the things I was talking to you about when I was on the way over here, but was the lack of it being the number one rap album in music. Right now, But before we get there, what you think about this whole Kiki Palmer situation?
Speaker 7: You know I ain't heard about it. What's that Kiky Palmer?
Speaker 4: All right? Check this out.
Speaker 2: The homie you know, Ussher got the residency in Vegas. You know, he do his thing, and of course you know, gang of females is gonna push to see Usher. Right, Yeah, let's put this scenario. You got you a celebrity female, right, you dating y'all together?
Speaker 4: Married whatever? Whatever? She flowed to the Usher concert.
Speaker 2: She already dressed what you know, provocative, Let's put it like that, right, But you know, Grace, you don't sweat your lady. You let her dress how she dressed. You know, you you confident in secureing that to where Hey, she want to go out with the with the sea, through with the throng on whatever. You confident you know she ain't fin the whatever. She coming home right, okay? Whatever? She she go to see Usher speakety where you at the crib with the kiddy?
Speaker 4: She go roll with the homegirls? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Usher, you know knowing your girl, you know she's popular, she's out there. You know she's got some name and status. He want to recon right, he want to recognize you know, her status. You know, hey, my girl in the bill old then blah blah blah, come on upstage, give her some love, blah blah blah. Next thing, you know, he serenades her, starts singing to her whatever, and it gets a little, you know, too close for comfort.
Speaker 3: Put it like that on you gotta give spice to full detail on No spice, Not only is he serenading her, but she has these sea through pans on where you can see the throng and the booty cheeks is hanging out and everything.
Speaker 7: Okay, then she.
Speaker 4: Pressed up on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, booty chicks hanging out And I think that what did he tut the booty?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: So so so you still are you you you got a problem with that?
Speaker 4: Do you think they acting it out?
Speaker 2: Just like just like we were saying, you know, in certain situations how we had on the show when we were talking about the situation up, you gotta you gotta play that ship out. You know, she's on stage, just like just like what happened with Homegirl with the kiss and everybody screaming whatever whatever. She's supposed to be a certain type of female, So why don't why not play the role out right?
Speaker 4: Right? You give me right right?
Speaker 2: So do you do you feel you know it was out of bounds for what happened, you know, because you know they say this is how my nigga usher gets a lot of that poontang. So how do you how do you feel about that? If if you were in the shoes of being the dude at home and your girl is on stage and doing how would you feel about that?
Speaker 4: What you address that publicly?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't addressing publicly, you know me. You know, you know I'm a bad nigga man. I never let him see me sweat, you know, I never would have would would go out here and address publicly about my feelings and get into my feelings, you know, uh, and exploit my feelings out there and published everybody. You know that would be something for me to talk to her about at home along between me and her.
Speaker 7: If I had a problem with it, you know what I'm saying. But you know, me being you.
Speaker 6: Know, me being a bad nigga, I might not even had a problem with it. I'd have been like, damn nigga.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. Okay, gone, Pip and do what you do. You know, but uh, you know as far as as far as me tripping out and flipping out, now, man, you know you know you can't.
Speaker 6: You can't let them uh uh discourage the player in you, man, no matter even if you got a woman.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, If that's your woman or whatever.
Speaker 6: You got enough confidence in her, and uh it is what it is, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Because you know what if she do movies or whatever.
Speaker 6: And she got niggas kissing all on her tongue all down the neck, dema throat licking all over on her neck and you know, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That that movie that she did with with uh uh Tyrese, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know, she would have did some movies, some movies like that or whatever, you know, did some stuff like that. Then he can't get mad because she just she's just acting. She's just doing her thing.
Speaker 7: So you got to get back and play a role.
Speaker 2: So still you saying that my man didn't have the confidence. That's why he spoke publicly about how he felt about her doing that.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, the.
Speaker 3: Thing is, I can see him being a little upset because he was a square. He's a civilian and as we all and as we all know and entertainment, we don't all have problems at the house because some girls may get a little too excited at the show and you go home and you know, the first thing your woman thinking, damn, is it like that? So if I wasn't there, what was you had done? You feel what I'm saying. So, yeah, to some degree, you just got to take that he acknowledged her dog. Now, I can see why he was upset, but I think that should have been something left to the crib. He should have been upset, but he should have had that kind ofversation at home. And he sounds real insecure because I know my wife and if she sees she really ain't into no usher, but she sees Denzel, and Denzel want to give her a hug. I ain't gonna deprive her from giving the hug Denzel, because I'm damn She's gonna get my hug from Holly Berry if she sees me because I signed Holly, could I get a hug?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It was my wife right here, but she ain't tripping, hug baby, get you a picture in there, And I guess, I guess you have to be like I said once, then you gotta be mo fucking confident in in yourself like you know. Uh, he should have paid it out and been like, yeah, you've seen my bitch up there, nigga, she was looking bad. Huh.
Speaker 4: Nigga.
Speaker 2: Usher had to break down the saying to my bitch because she looks so other good. You saw you saw that ass, nigga, You saw that. They gotta play ship out. Man.
Speaker 6: I'm in the I'm in the I'm in the grocery store. I piece some niggas looking at my girl ass. I walk over there with the niggas and look at my girl ass with them.
Speaker 1: They got.
Speaker 2: You know, you gotta be confident like to it, you know, because you know women nowadays, they like to express you know what I'm saying, how many times, how many times you don't went to the club. How many times you don't went to the club. And you see, you know, women with kids at home and the man and whatever. Nigga, they half naked most of the time. And it's not even an age limit.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Shit, you catch a motherfucker from twenty five to forty five half naked and confident in that dress. So you gotta be as the mand You gotta be confident to know, well, shit, she ain't finna do shit. You know what I'm saying. She look good, She want to show off some shit. You know what I'm saying. You gotta take the shit the same way I'm saying that. Then again, did he know the assignment? Did he know what he was signing up for?
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Like when he got into the relationship, did he understand who he was fucking with or what he was dealing what he was he was.
Speaker 7: Gonna have to deal with, Because I don't understand.
Speaker 6: That, you know what I'm saying. They think they understand it, but they don't, you know what I'm saying. Until until something really happened like that.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm gonna tell you this. Whatever he did, he probably donna push the right into that nigga's arms. U shoul probably yeah, mab, you know, he tripping and she couna be gone. She could be mad. All he did was open what do my boy will Smith White called an entanglement.
Speaker 7: Entanglement.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even put it like that, Like I said, she want to I don't know, Like I said, she want to play.
Speaker 4: The part out?
Speaker 2: You give me what what female in her position? I don't give a fuck. You know, I'm an actress. People know me worldwide. You know I'm not gonna get up here and be like, hold up, you know, I got my man at home. Whatever whatever, I'm gonna play that put out. Oh nigga, you singing to me, I'm gonna get the hugging on the nigga rocking and do it all kinds of ship because you gotta play you you in the public eye.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You have to be able to be accepted by a lot of motherfucking people and ship and like you say, my nigga, he probably you know, ordinary nigga. You know, what I'm saying, I'm just like you. I don't know if he knew, you knew she was she was, you knew her status was climbing and she was gonna get to somewhere. She's an actress, she's in. You know, the climb is. But you know, I guess a lot of motherfuckers fall when you can't handle that ladder climb. You get me, especially especially when it's the the other motherfucker, You get me.
Speaker 6: Well, what it is. He's an r N too. You know, he's an r N right, a regular nigga. My nigga said. He's an alga.
Speaker 4: Nig at the hospital helping people.
Speaker 6: My nigga said, he's the O g r ed the scrug, he got the scrubs all and everything.
Speaker 3: Huh, because if he was, I would have probably joked with my wife like that. I would have probably joked with her about it.
Speaker 4: You know, I just said, you gotta add it out, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody's relationship different, man, like, you know, you got to add him twenty two cat right now.
Speaker 4: His wife does porn. He knew she did porn.
Speaker 3: Before he got with her, so he planning it out. His wife just you know, some niggas just came in there and knocked her down. I guess at whatever, right, everybody on the internet made a big deal about it. I said, now, this man know his wife do porn. If you know what it is and she do that, you can't come in trying to change some shit in the third quarter.
Speaker 4: And a lot of themers get down like that. You give me.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of motherfucking porn into street. Motherfuckers who got husbands and wives at home.
Speaker 4: Know what she said?
Speaker 3: He said, He said, well, why would I be mad at her? I've slept with over two hundred some women with porn. He's done porn. I guess, so he not tripping. I don't know what he making it. We got a problem in society today to where people need to mind their own damn business on certain stuff.
Speaker 4: It is different.
Speaker 3: I know me personally, I would never be sharing my wife with no other man. I just wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, just like you said, with social media and the internet and people having so much access to your life now, and this is for people who put their personal lives on social media, I mean, you give motherfuckers the open opinion to voice what they want to say you give me uh, and then people pick and choose what the fuck they want to be in uproars about. You know what I'm saying, because if it could be a situation where motherfuckers look at and be like, oh well, and then you can turn a situation like this, you get me. And it's all over the internet because Homeboy expressed how he felt about his wife on stage with Usher.
Speaker 3: Because you secure though, because he ain't struggling it right or something. You know, he thinking.
Speaker 2: About doing something right because he married right, they got kids right.
Speaker 3: You know, he insecure about something. Because I know I wouldn't be worried about the nigga.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you know who knows you know, like I said, he's you know what he go ahead me?
Speaker 6: I would, I would say, I would, This is how I would. I would tell everybody if I was him, I'd be like niggas she knows, she knows, she knows damn well, how how I slang this dick nigga?
Speaker 7: She know how I get domn She ain't gonna.
Speaker 6: Fuck with no other nigga in order to put her down like that nigga. I had a big stream and I have her. I have her crying, I have a down. You know, ain't no ain't no niggas gonna get down like that.
Speaker 7: Not know one night.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, You.
Speaker 2: Got to be confident in yourself that had when your woman go out half you know, you know, lining out if if if you if you confident knowing that you know, when my woman go out you know, half naked, or you know, even even in the fact when y'all go to the grocery store fucking whatever, if you got that confidence that you ain't tripping off or nothing, it's only in it's only insecure people. And that goes for both sides. That caused problem.
Speaker 6: And if he really felt that way, he should have just beat the brakes off the pussy fuss he left, But that ain't gonna start her. So if he even got to the spot and held, he could have did that.
Speaker 2: But my thing is it still ain't gonna stop her from getting on stage. When ushers say, hey, Kiki in the building, come on stage after, it's still not gonna make her.
Speaker 4: Okay. The niggas serenade me, I'm a fucking actress.
Speaker 2: At points a good right her in and got the internet talk. I get promotion. I'm up here with ushers in a million years to give me. Ten years ago, I wouldn't have thought I was gonna be on stage getting serenaded by Usher.
Speaker 4: But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: My status is where I'm I'm I'm I'm being accepted by a lot of motherfucking people. So for the fact that I'm in here with all these motherfuckers, and it's probably other celebrities in the building too, but he wants me to come on stage, and you know, he gonna do his little thing. Come on, we all playing a motherfucking part here.
Speaker 6: I can't look at him, and not that I'm trying to fuck with her, but shi, it is other.
Speaker 2: It's a gang other motherfucking man. You knowna bitches. They love that ship.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna get up here and I'm gonna sing to a cruel I'm a cruel I'm a crueler.
Speaker 6: Motherfucker right quick. That's gonna get me fay. Other pussy's backstage.
Speaker 7: Hey, nigga, you know what, you know what we do, we do it different.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 6: We might let serenade the brown I might I might serenade the police. See, I might be singing some of my my Gangstad songs about you know what I did and how I got down and ship and I might be looking dead in his face, crazy yeah.
Speaker 7: Gigging a gang stock, gang stock, you know what.
Speaker 3: You know, speaking of the rap shit, Chico, I'm gonna give you and eight both y'all flowers right now, right because both of y'all are two of the most lyrical cats in the game. Man, that don't necessarily like when they put out these lists of the top ten and the top twenty, this and that, they missed a lot of brothers, especially y'all.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: So I'm just gonna give y'all both big ups right now.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 4: You know, I wish we had.
Speaker 3: Ah, but you know, I'm gonna going to give you all y'all flowers right now.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: And I think everybody, because you know, we just had Lazy Bone in the show last week, and I think eight forget sometimes. I was looking at Lazy Bone, look at my guy, like man, like this is my hero right here. You know what I'm saying. He gave it up. He was like, Man, this is my guy right here. And I meet so many young artists that when they meet they it's like almost like like dang Man, I'm actually in.
Speaker 4: His presents, you know what I mean. I don't like to be like that, though I ain't nothing wrong with that. Take your flowers, nigga, understand though I don't like that. Shiit though. Man, I just hate it. Man, not like that.
Speaker 2: But I just I'm too I guess I consider myself just too regular. Man, don't consider myself.
Speaker 4: Tell you, ain't you and that nigga on the phone ain't regular niggas? Y'all don't know.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 3: At a time, dog, both of y'all had the streets on smash Man. You couldn't ride down the street without hearing one eighty seven proof and you couldn't ride down the street without hearing the hood took me under.
Speaker 4: You just couldn't. It was inescapable, bro. Y'all was y'all the shit.
Speaker 2: But see, to me, I was just talking for regular niggas. I was just talking for niggas that I was standing on the corner with every day. If niggas couldn't rap it, niggas was just they was just hood with it. So I'm like, fuck it. I got a little little I could keep the beating rhythm a little bit, so I'm fit to go home and just start writing about the neighborhood. And last night the homie got jacked, and two nights ago we got pulled over and womp the womp. Three nights ago we jumped out on some niggas at the gas station. I'm just talking about regular shit that I'm looking at, like niggas in La going through this shit. And it didn't matter whether your nigga was a crip or a pyrou or blood or whatever. We was all going through some regular That's what we looked at as regular. Now other people looked at it as crazy as fuck, But when you grew up like that, it wasn't no different than the motherfuckers and having family cookouts or whatever whatever. You went to the hood, you hung out with ten fifteen niggas. We pieced up on the weed and the drink, maybe a box of chicken or something so somebody could eat, and nigga we was on the block selling dope. You feel me, That's the way we survived. So just being able to, I mean, I caught the rap bug because I don't know, it wasn't nothing else. What the fuck else am I gonna do? So fucking the rap bull. I was able to because of the few years that a nigga went to school, I was able to. Okay, I know that rhyme with that and that rhyme with that. Okay, I'm a nigga, so I know how to keep the rhythm and ship, So fuck it, play me some ship. Let me talk about the hood, the nigga last night, wooky womp, and and then and the more, I guess you say success came with it.
Speaker 6: I still never looked at like, yeah, nigga, m C eight and I'm around the world.
Speaker 2: Some niggas do, though, Some niggas some niggas. Some niggas like I'm too good. I look at it like I don't give a fuck. Whether you saw a hundred million or you saw the hundred records, we all started from the same shit. So some niggas like to look at themselves bigger than then, like they.
Speaker 4: Say the program of what hip hop was.
Speaker 3: Then the niggas don't never don't never get acknowledged. Then the niggas that don't get the like hum, I'd like humble niggas. I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: If you're riding around and Rose Royce's and you got a private plane and womp the womp.
Speaker 4: Just be a humble nigga.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, I'm gonna tell you this, if you ever noticed, the great ones are often the most humble niggas. Like I was just telling Brian when we came in. If you meet Wayne Tune is one of the coolest niggas you ever want to meet. He gonna come in here and shake everybody's hand, He gonna sit in here with you, he gonna make sure you straight.
Speaker 4: He's just a cool dude.
Speaker 3: Same thing with Scarface, same thing with all of them do same thing with Kendrick. All of them is very cool people. They don't sit up at like oh they superstars. They very regular people.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: You know why?
Speaker 1: You know why?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm humble. It's hell, you know, And and I think a reason, that a thing, that something that taught me to be humble. You know, we we both noticed. Hey, my niggas is crazy as hell.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So so if I even look mad or frown or something, this niggas gonna start tearing it up and I can't stop him.
Speaker 7: So I'm I'm gonna walk around and be the nicest person that you can.
Speaker 6: You can you can see I'm a smile, I'm gonna shake hands, I'm gonna be really nice, and I'm gonna I'm ana chill.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be cool because I know these niggas crazy. I can't even look mad. They gonna tear this motherfucker down, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And I learned that, you know, and and and and I guess it over the years is just in my personality now.
Speaker 7: And I figured out how to, you know, how to how to move around motherfuckers. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I just figured, man, you just got to be I mean, I know sometimes it don't you know. You got to watch your surroundings and mother fuckers and you know it's jealous motherfuckers because of what you do or what you accomplish. That's always gonna be there. But you know, I just like to consider myself a regular nigga, so I don't offend a regular nigga, you feel me, That's all. That's that's where I come from. I don't want I don't want to offend a regular nigga. A nigga still out there, you know, because it has been fortunate that I've been able to do certain shit that a regular nigga's not gonna be able to do, and not to say that that you that you can't never you know what I'm saying. Regular niggas can take trips and go on vacations and work hard and take their females somewhere and have whatever you want to have to accomplish shit. But you know, there's things that I've done that a motherfucker will be able to say, Oh, you ain't gonna never be able to do that, or you ain't gon never be able.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 2: But still I don't like to floss that or flaunt that or uh shiit my accomplishments or just as yours as if you're working in nine to five every day you get a bonus check or motherfucker, you know, buying my house or nigga, fuck it, I just made it home today. You feel mean, that's my least why I want to fit in with the regular nigga. So I guess that's why I try to stay. You know, you know, I don't security guarding up and you don't move with a pack of packing, you know, nigga, you catch me, nigga, I'm with one nigga.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You know what I want to ask. I want to ask you this spice because you can't. Eight has been very open to butt it. When you first got your deal, man, right, you were signed the Jive right or you were you on an independent label at first?
Speaker 6: I was on an independent label Tryad Records at first, I think, and that was like the first first.
Speaker 7: Uh maybe half a year or not of nineteen ninety m.
Speaker 3: So y'all kind of came in the same way, both through independent labels that got picked up by a major situation, right, right, So was your paperwork right when you first started?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: Now, well I first signed with the independent, I was straight, but when I got the job it was it was it was.
Speaker 7: The whole contract was one side.
Speaker 4: So after all them records, it is your first joint when Platinum didn't it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did like nine hundred thousand, and I'm pretty sure after that it was plattum by the end.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, despite the fact that y'all both came in selling the Gang of Records, didn't nobody ever come to you at some point and say, hey, man, we need to keep him happy. Let's let's renegotiate his contract and rewrite his contract to make it a little bit more lucrative on his end.
Speaker 7: That never happened, hell naw man.
Speaker 6: So basically sad contract a speaking he So basically you got I fucked the whole time you were signing the Shock, the whole.
Speaker 7: Time I was on the label, the whole time. I even I even brought him eat forty.
Speaker 6: And then I asked him to see if they were renegotiating. They still wouldn't renegotiate. So you brought them E forty. I brought forty up. I told my manager, chance to go get forty a deal up there, jive. After I took forty on tour with me, with me and uh Scarface and and Ali and R Kelly and and and and high five you know the high five huh from Houston for something.
Speaker 4: It was, uh was the R and B group that was signed to Luke Records, Yeah, they was.
Speaker 6: It was It was htown, Yeah, And we we went to Granda State University. I had Rogers tour bus. Forty had his own tour bus.
Speaker 7: We don't.
Speaker 6: We went on tour. I gave forty like ten minutes of my show, every show I did. And we got back home and I, you know what I and I told him to go get told, told told chance to go get him a deal.
Speaker 4: Up there at Jive.
Speaker 7: You no, forty might have been working on some other stuff with Gives that.
Speaker 6: I didn't know about, but I know that I know what I did, you know what I'm saying. So and once I did that, they still didn't want to renegoti yet.
Speaker 4: So who got who got you your deal?
Speaker 1: That Jive? Uh? One?
Speaker 6: A seven proof was just out there, you know rocket, you know, out there in and out there you know on the on the remember the box, Yeah, it was the number one. Did he owned the box? And then he came here come gives.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: They called Piso, you know piz oh eight. Remember remember he used to DJ for forty and short uh huh. So so Barry Wise called Piso and and I was sitting over there at the time, and I heard he put he put Barry Wise on the loud speaker, and Barry Wise was like, where's where's spikes one at? And and Piso looked at me and his his finger over his listen said, man, don't say shit. You know what I'm saying, just wait, and I got my lawyers and ship together or whatever. And you know, they even they even said they was like they it'll advised me not to sign the contract. I made certain provisions on there that that that that would make it semi cool. But the contract was not cool at all. You know, the record labels back then would take a motherfucking poverty strict in the ass.
Speaker 7: Nigga broke from doing.
Speaker 6: You know, trying to get it and give him thirty forty thousand the back thing. You think thirty forty thousands some real money, you know what I'm saying. They you know, and you gonna sign any motherfucking thing. I used to sell a dope on the street nobody ever heard of in the city, nobody ever heard of. I didn't think I was gonna be shit. It'll be nothing, man. And now to this day, I could to they today, I could go to Japan and pack the house, you know what I'm saying. But I didn't think I was gonna be shipped, and and and they knew I thought I wouldn't. I didn't think I was gonna be shipping, and they knew I was poverty stricking.
Speaker 7: I didn't have.
Speaker 6: You know, it was living in a condominium, you know, a condo, and me and my sister and my mom and in my and my step pops paying the bills there. Uh you know, Robin Peter to pay Paul of the motherfucker election intricity.
Speaker 1: To get cut off.
Speaker 6: I'm walking to school with holes in my in my mother fucking tennis shoes. When it rain, I get home with wet sox.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. I was a broke ass nigga. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: The hip hop game saves me, so you know when and I was trying to get up out of that ship. And of course i'mone sign a fucking contract with a major deal. I don't give a fuck what the contract say. You know what I'm saying, You're gonna sign that ship, nigga, ain't.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm walking around with holes in my shoes, not my socks, my shoes, nigga, My socks is wet. You know what I'm saying. So hell yeah, I'm signing this ship. You know, we out here, jacket niggas man. You know what I'm saying, We all here stealing cars. Uh and and Jackiet.
Speaker 6: Motherfuckers. I'm running from the police, nigga, twelve o'clock midnight, hopping fences, the helicopters and all of that ship. Nigga, we out there getting damn out there in the town. You know what I'm saying, and and and the in the game, just just you.
Speaker 7: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So fuck yeah, I was gonna sign a contract, whatever the fucking contracts say, give me the.
Speaker 7: Fuck up out of this ship.
Speaker 6: It's just gonna give me enough money to get me the fuck out of here where I can go, buy me an apartment or or a house somewhere else and get out of this ship. And then then give me the goddamn contract.
Speaker 7: Let me sign.
Speaker 2: Did you have did you have a middle man? Was there a middle man involved in your deal?
Speaker 6: Well, well, the only middle man was Jazz, which was the was the Well no, he wasn't even involved in a deal.
Speaker 7: I had a managery I had at the time.
Speaker 6: Was his name was John crashma and and and I had to I fired him because he sucked up the role in minister society. He he didn't he didn't stay in contract, tacked with the Hughes brothers and ship for me to get the old dog roll.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So hold on, Spice wasn't supposed to play old dog. Hey, Spice was gonna play old dog. He there, Spice, no hold on me to get him back, hold on me to get him back on, Get Spice one back on.
Speaker 4: We got a.
Speaker 6: Can you think to connect them?
Speaker 1: Talk?
Speaker 4: What the hell he's probably trying to call back?
Speaker 1: Here we go to see can you think to connect them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He a called back, but yeah, but you know what, though, man, The crazy part about that is, though, man, the story is all too common, like you says, young black kids from poverty right that don't have see no way out, and they get this opportunity of a lifetime and it is life change. And you know, despite the fuckery they go on, people's lives usually change for the better. But I think that's just real sad, man, That's just real sad. Because he made jive millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm Spice was large. He was my you know, my partner in crime. Me and Spice hooked up kind of early in our careers. But like you said, it's the same fucking story, you know, and I'd be like, shit, my record's doing like seven eight hundred thousand. They cracking the gold mark whatever spice shit was cracking platinum, and I'm like, how come? I'm like, how we still cause you looking at platinum niggas like Cube and you know, Public Enemy and LLL and them niggas was on another level. So for me to see a nigga who had like two and three platinum records and nigga me and him still sitting up like what's up my nigga, I'm like, how come you ain't up there like you you're supposed to be up there, like I get where I'm at, Nigga, I'm riding.
Speaker 4: The gold surfboard. You know, surfboard, nigga.
Speaker 6: You you up there, you skating on the platinums and you're still sitting right here with me.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 2: But like you said, it's always that the same story of I'm not getting no motherfucking royalties. My budgets are probably getting cut in half because who's ever in the middle receiving that check? You get me, they already from soon as it hit they death. I'm tearing this motherfucking half. You get me, so and then you, like you said, you never have a motherfucker come around and go, Okay, I've eaten enough.
Speaker 4: Let me let a nigga gonna get his thing. No niggas back up here.
Speaker 2: Niggas be like. Niggas be like fuck that. Instead of giving a nigga his just due or his his his percentage that he should get or the money he should get, niggas be feeling like, nigga, you owe me, so fuck that, so I don't give fuck. I got you your record deal, you're able to do videos, and you're riding around in a nice car and you gotta not house. Yeah, I did you a favor, so I'm gonna continue to fuck you until I can't fuck you no more. And you be grateful for that instead of like going, but wait a minute, I'm doing I'm writing all my songs.
Speaker 4: I'm doing everything I gotta do.
Speaker 2: But you feel like I owe you half of what I you know what I'm saying, You taking half of the shit from the top you get me then got the nerve to double back and be like, okay, now where's my percent You done.
Speaker 4: Already took half of the money up front.
Speaker 2: Then a nigga come back around the corner and be like, now, let me give my fifteen percent as your manager or some shit you get me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, crazy, that's crazy. So Spice then a manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm gonna take half the money from your budget, Okay, and then I'm gonna turn around and double back, and now I want fifteen percent for being your manager.
Speaker 4: Nigga cold back there.
Speaker 2: Then I'm telling you rich niggas all hit it out them niggas was cold as far. All the so called you know, middle men, managers or whatever. And I ain't gonna say all of them, but god damn it, back when I was coming up in the rap game, demn niggas was fucking niggas. I don't give a fuck if you didn't know, if you didn't know shit about publishing and contracts and royalties and all that shit, and you was like a nigga like me and Spice, Nigga, what record contract?
Speaker 4: What forty grand on the table?
Speaker 2: Not knowing that goddamn nigga, you're supposed to be getting money for your writers. You supposed to be getting money for publishing and your beat making. You supposed to be getting this and that, Nigga, you ain't knowing shit. Nigga, hand you are checking the beginning and you take that motherfucking go Nigga. I'm cracking not knowing that a nigga finna be collecting your ship for the rest of his fucking life.
Speaker 4: You get life for the rest of his life.
Speaker 2: When you sitting up and you ain't recording no more and them little publishing checks is coming in for three and four grand, you won't never see the motherfuckers another nigga electing the hard work that you put in because they feel like Nigga, I walked you in the fucking door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the movie rose, so before you got cut off, you said you were supposed to be Old Dog.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was. I had I had the script. I had a script. I was reading the script.
Speaker 6: I just didn't know that my manager didn't contact the contacted Hughes brother than say ship.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine how minutes would have been But this dude playing Old Dog and this dude, you know Nigga would have killt that ship.
Speaker 4: But minus came out pretty good if you ask, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Nigga, Nigga would have killed that ship. But at the same time, you know, like like aight is right?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 7: Lawrence Tate did.
Speaker 6: His motherfucker da You know, I'm he killed that ship.
Speaker 4: Who knows?
Speaker 2: I mean, pack was supposed to be in it. You know, everything happens for a reason and shit, but like I said, you got it. You got a test to people who like you say, a motherfucker was in charge of your ship, and and the nigga's taking fifteen motherfuckers and the nigga's not even looking out on ship. And that just goes to show you.
Speaker 4: Maybe that was listen because maybe he was gonna take that money too. Ship ain't gonna take everything you can get.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, well, shit, you know a lot of things you know, could have could have could have came about through that movie and everything, even you know, uh, the the when when Pat got into it with the Hughes brothers at my video.
Speaker 4: I never like eight.
Speaker 6: When Adam was running up to hell Man, I ran down the hill. I didn't know who he was, and I was, you know, I was about to try to close lining back down the hill.
Speaker 7: Until I figured out who he was. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I got close up on him and I was like, oh shit, you know what I'm saying. And then I said I see a dude just go up the hill, and then I looked down the hill and I did the little cut thing on my neck like hey, cut that ship out, Like what the fuck though, nigga, Yeah, what the fuck? You know what I'm saying, Like I helped my nigga, You know what I'm saying, Like I made shown them niggas didn't come up that hill try to fuck with him or whatever they was doing or whatever happened, because I didn't see what happened down there at the bottom of the hill. All I all I all I knew was that was that I seen Alan or I I had to help the nigga, you know what I'm saying, because he didn't you know what I'm saying. He was covered with blood and shit, and I'm like, man, you know, hey, man, whatever y'all niggas doing down there, cut that ship out, you know what I'm saying. And I'm tripping, like, y'all do you know what I'm saying. But I didn't know what happened down there. But if they ever if they ever got ever mad at me or.
Speaker 7: Have any top of feelings towards me, man, tell him I was trying to help him. You know what I'm saying. I wasn't. You know what I'm saying. It wasn't nothing of me. Uh you know, I wouldn't. I was not happy that that should.
Speaker 6: Have happened in my video. And then PACK felt bad because he kept trying to get me to all of the movies, said he can get me to who he had kept calling me to everybody every time he did a movie. You called me up there. Shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, man, you know I did, you know, But at the same time, I really wanted to. I really wanted to play that role.
Speaker 6: And you know, I got some I got some things I'm working on now, you know, my my own little movie adventures. I'm working with with a few people. I don't want to say no names because I don't want to jinx it and shit. But you know I'm gonna need you. I'm gonna need you to come through eight. And I've been talking to Caffeine crazy ass too, so you know we're gonna get something to be.
Speaker 7: Something about to kick off. Nigga.
Speaker 6: When we get off the phone and I talked to you, I'm gonna tell you everything. You know what I'm saying, but I just don't want to say it out here because I don't want to jinx it because it's some real good shit.
Speaker 3: I feel you, Spice. That's the thing, man, whenever you got good stuff going, bro, you can't tell everybody because just as many people be praying for you, dog's remember, it's even more people trying to pray against it happen, putting all kind of bad energy in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, niggaga, then you know. But but eight eight, my nigga, you know what I'm saying. So I mean, for sure you're good whatever whatever whatever go down, if if if if whatever it's going.
Speaker 7: Down, if it's if it's a uh, if it's a downer to be made, man, believe you must best believe. Probably gonna call eight call my niggas like niggas the money on the line.
Speaker 3: Nigga, let me get Let me ask you this, Spice, because I know Pocket was your man. You and him ran real tough. Did you kind of think he was kind of out of pocket a little bit for.
Speaker 4: Beating on them dudes like that.
Speaker 6: I don't, you know, I don't know because I didn't I don't know what was going going on at the bottom of that hill.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I didn't see it, Okay, I got you.
Speaker 7: I didn't see my my cousins and stuff. They was down there.
Speaker 6: My niggas from Promona, you know, Tyrans Uh eight T Bone and Ship T Bone Nim was down.
Speaker 7: There with with Uh with Mopreme and Macadochi's.
Speaker 6: Nim and I think and thug likee niggas and and Uh and Uh. Some of my niggas from the one A seven Facts and Bay niggas was down there and.
Speaker 7: Ship or whatever. But you know, I didn't know what what happened down there, but I was.
Speaker 6: I was kind of upset over the whole thing. But you know, I wasn't mad at Pot because that was between him and you know him, him and him and the Hughes.
Speaker 7: Brothers and Ship.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to say every story Bay handles different.
Speaker 3: Everybody stuff different, whatever. I just know the nineties was a many time dog. The nineties it was. It's so soft now you can't even steal on a nigga. You gonna get sued and everything else for somebody talking crazy to you. If somebody says something nowadays and you bomb on that person when you see them you are either going to jail or getting sued.
Speaker 7: All them niggas don't shoot you.
Speaker 2: It's because, like I said, today is uh, it's a different time right now. Man, everything is about everything is about content and creating ship and being able to be whatever.
Speaker 4: So you know they use that word real.
Speaker 2: Lightly today snitching and you know all that type of ship. You know, I come from where it was a different meaning. You get me, mother fucking ship for you, run over and mother for you, run over a nigga skate and jail.
Speaker 4: You snitching today? You get me.
Speaker 2: Everything is qualified as snitching. It's just a different time. You get me if you came from I don't know. I came from different era.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: You know, nigga, we in a time where you can't even eat a hot dog you gave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's real.
Speaker 2: I mean like really everything everything, and like you, we don't really we don't, we don't really, Uh you know, Spice, I tell you, I'm like I tell everybody, we don't really fuck with you know that subject you know on the show because you know it's a very sensitive matter. You get me right right you You you won't be able to do a concert anymore from certain things you say, you won't be able to celebrate, you won't ever be able to So I try to tread lightly when it comes.
Speaker 7: To something on that subject.
Speaker 2: Like you said, it's supposed to be able to have freedom of speech, but we all know, and everybody in here know, there's certain things you can't say about certain groups because they just won't have it.
Speaker 4: Man. Like you say, freedom of speaks, just watch what you say.
Speaker 2: You definitely now Now, like I said, I don't really speak on that, but I'm gonna ask you a question still because you will you you know, you like the slide ship in you've seen all this controversy with what what what is it? What's his name? Blueface? And the ship about when they had the strippers in the house, right, he got strippers in his house. He got his kid here, you know, his little son, little son in there looking for some tato chips or something. So he got he got about three four girls in the living room. You know, they stripping, they doing their thing. So the son in there looking for tato chips. He asked the son, are you in here looking forotato chips? When his ass in the living room?
Speaker 4: Are you gay?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: He asked? The son are you gay?
Speaker 2: Because you are in here looking for tato chips and not looking at ass in the living room. So this is the question I want to say, because everybody's in the uproar about that question. Do you feel it was out of line?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: It was definitely inappropriate? Yeah, that was That was not a line, It was inappropriate line. Okay, I'm asking you another question. They're trying to introduce stuff like that in school to elementary kids. So what's improper? Would you like your kid being talked at in school or because or do you feel he's asking a question? Because right now, at this age, do you have to question your kid about his sexuality because of what's going on seeing everywhere right see? If you want to ask your child is he of a different sex nature? When you know they are openly So what is your answer to that? What do you think about that? You answer me, I'm asking all of y'all.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what I think, man, I think we living in real periless times right now, bro, because I think we asking questions to kids like you know you think about it. In some cases, these kids are as young as six and seven years old. What do they know about that? Outside of all they want to do is go to school and play with their friends. They want to go to school, right, play with their friends, go outside, play football, get dirty, same stuff we was doing. So you introducing stuff, man, I almost think it's almost like an inducting an introduction to stuff. I think people are being programmed right now more than they ever are, because see, what they're slowly doing is taking the rights from the parents right to where if your child comes home and decides that they want to go be becom if Tom decides he wants to become Tamantha, you're supposed to let that happen and not have no say so about it, or they ain't come and take them out your house.
Speaker 2: I just want to clarify that we have nothing against oh nothing at all lest BNS right now, Okay, but I just want to I just want to clarify that so people don't think that, so people don't think that we're one sided.
Speaker 4: But I'm just playing.
Speaker 2: I'm playing Devil's advocate because again, you see protests happening at schools where they're trying to introduce textbooks or literature that that basically be who you want to be as a child. You know, the rainbow here and the two kids in the book or whatever they're pushing the wait, is it wrong because that's going on for you to go son, are you yay?
Speaker 4: But how is he presenting everywhere?
Speaker 6: It's everywhere, It's on commercials, when you watch TV, it's on bus bendits, it's on the way he did in every culture, right, and like saying that it's wrong? But now is it wrong to go hmmm because he said, you're not in here watching his ass bouncing. Of course, of course he's being you know what I'm saying, he's doing it for content, Okay, of course, but as a regular motherfucker, which you feel that you would have to question your child because of what is going on right now in that type of situation, definitely have to.
Speaker 3: Talk to your child or to let them know that, hey, in this household, this is how we do things, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And they feel it's wrong for you to question your child. Listen, because you're supposed to let him do what he wanted to do. You're supposed to accept your choice. So is it wrong to like them?
Speaker 7: I don't tell you like what what your what your grandmama said, what your aunt said.
Speaker 4: What you can't. You can't go off for what your grandmother and let me let me, let me, let me say it first.
Speaker 7: Let me say it first.
Speaker 6: For them for them to know that, they had to see it somewhere, They had to see it somewhere. They had to learn it, they had to see it somewhere for them to even know that. If they don't, you don't know what you don't see. You know, I I personally don't think that that you can be born in and you know, and and and be that that way. See, we're not going We're not We don't want to go off of that. We don't want to go to the opinion of you know, we don't want to focus on if you're born or another. That's not what we're going off.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, as a parent, as a as a as a parent, you got a kid going to school, there are six seven you know. You you know you could you you could be sitting up right now watching regular TV with your child and you'll see two women engaged. You'll see two men engaged, and your kid is sitting there. So is it wrong for you to ask your kid that question?
Speaker 6: I think you definitely better talk to your kids about it's wrong. But you know you're not wrong for asking him, but the way that he the way that that uh uh that blue, and the way he presented the question to his child was wrong.
Speaker 7: He was supposed to do that shit in private.
Speaker 2: But you know, like I said, this is the world of this is the world of content creation, and this is the world of Instagram and Internet and social media and everything is a joke and nothing is taken seriously.
Speaker 4: So we get that.
Speaker 2: But on a different serious note, would you feel that would be a question that you would have to present to your child or do you even present that.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't even I wouldn't even bring the question of I wouldn't even bring the question of unless unless I've seen something that was really you know, really.
Speaker 2: So different different question, different times, still, yes, Ryan, different question, different times.
Speaker 7: You got to take him.
Speaker 2: Somewhere through that prior the time is your child because the kid coming home with a school book that you get me?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: What do you think you staying on your morals and principle? See the thing will we can't get done? This the thing we can't do and the thing I'm not gonna do is I'm never going to sacrifice my integrity just because mother, the rest of the world is going goofy, you feel what I'm saying. I'm never gonna do that now, people. I'm respectful of all people.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I don't have no problem with what people decide to do. I'm all about choice, right, But the moment you start really subliminally programming children, because that's what they're doing. They're programming these kids in the school today, they're really programming them.
Speaker 4: And if you're not careful, I wouldn't care what I had to do.
Speaker 3: If I still had little kids eight my kids wouldn't be going to no public schools.
Speaker 4: They going to public schools.
Speaker 3: If I had little kids there, if I had grandchildren right now, and even if my kids couldn't afford that, my grandkids would be going to a private school, because you have to. At some point, you got to put your foot down and say hold on, enough of the bullshit is bullshit. This bullshit is.
Speaker 4: Going on right now.
Speaker 3: Like I saw some shit right now to what they say it that the doctors can no longer tell a woman they have a vagina. It's called a bonus hole. Now, what the fuck is going on? Wow, it's a bonus hole. There's a bonus hole now. So now and it's like one of them. You don't call it a pussy no more. You call that motherfucker, that hole, that third hole.
Speaker 6: That bonus holey, My nigga, say, baby, what's cracking?
Speaker 4: Let me get some of that bonus hold.
Speaker 5: And now you give me a scenario. It's like my son right now, you talk about the private school.
Speaker 4: So my son is four.
Speaker 5: We put him in a in a private school, a language school, so he could learn all the different languages and everything. This particular year, he's one of two maybe three boys in a class of about ten eleven girls. So you fall back into that same kind of a scenario that now he's around majority girls now, and that was a serious concern even even with his mom, like you know, are y'all gonna bring more girls or brought more boys into this class. It's a real type of thing. You put him in this type of scenario, he's gonna learn in that manner just is what it is around that every single day, that's what he see what he see. So you know, the private school aspect of it, you're still gonna run into it, but in an indirect way if that makes sense, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or either that would homeschool minds. I'm being real with you, dog, It's just certain stuff that you gotta put your foot down because before I'm anything, you know. So, I'm a man of God.
Speaker 7: They don't teach that in the Muslim school.
Speaker 3: And I live on certain principles and not seeing I'm super religious, right, I don't put religion on nobody, but I'm a man of God, and I believe certain things. Can't nobody stop me. But you're the same token. I believe the people have a right to choice right when they're mature enough to understand what it is they get into. Now, anytime you're talking to somebody to me under fifteen, dog about that stuff right there, you kind of out of pocket because what are you talking to kids in kindergarten about that?
Speaker 1: For?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like they just did the stuff with the Muppets. They turned the Homeboy gons over to where he turned into a girl to.
Speaker 4: Go to the thing.
Speaker 3: But my thing is this, If y'all doing that in them adult shows, I don't care, but this is something that's catered towards to the children.
Speaker 4: So are y'all doing it in this show?
Speaker 7: I'm just tripping.
Speaker 6: They take they take they take the Bible, and they take God out of school.
Speaker 4: But then they allow that.
Speaker 5: You know, it was introduced to us, you know in the in the late eighties, early nineties. I was in middle school and I was in sixth grade and they had a program and we really didn't talk about nothing until that time. But when we got the sixth seventh grade, there was a program specifically and it was called SFA with Skills for Adolescents, and in that class, they was rawlling uncut in that class because the neighborhood that we lived in, you was dealing with real life shit. You was dealing with real STDs. And then ladies will tell you, like there was a lady who was here and she will say, this is what this disease is. This is what you get, this is what happened. So we didn't never talk about none of that stuff until I was like in six seventh grade. But when it was coming from the neighborhood that we came from, going.
Speaker 2: Uncut, I mean I got introduced to sex education in school and stuff like that, but me growing up, I was never introduced to you get me, that just wasn't something that the old school grandparents and shit, they didn't talk about Now you knew somebody you knew, because let's face it, you knew somebody who was gay. You didn't talk about it. They did their thing, you know, if they came over at a family function.
Speaker 4: Or you know, it was I got a cousins. Like I said, it wasn't. It was nothing major. Yeah, when you get down, you get down. But I wasn't. I wasn't taught that. You get me.
Speaker 2: I didn't turn on Saturday morning cartoons and I didn't see two men riding on a bike then programming.
Speaker 4: I didn't you get me.
Speaker 2: I didn't go to school and have to open my book and learn about somebody who was gay in their profession. If they did a job, they just did a job. They didn't want they didn't want to speak on this person was the first gay person who did this.
Speaker 4: I'm didn't do that. I'm surprised you don't push this into this conversation.
Speaker 2: No, just it's just because I just wanted to ask the question because it has something to do with the children. And you see a lot of you know, now, you see a lot of tug of war, like it wasn't like, it's no big deal when it's an adult hood you get me, we have no problem. But I just say, like when when And it's really about the standards of what people feel is oh, that's fucked up, but that's not fucked up.
Speaker 6: That's fucked up. It would be this that ain't fucked up. And it's the way shit is right now. And that's what made me bring it up because Okay, you say it's fucked up that he said that, but then.
Speaker 2: They doing this shit in school and that's not fucked up. So what is fucked up at a certain point to where we all get on the same page and go that shit is not cool and we all going that shit ain't cool.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you this. On the network, we have a show is to lesbian women. Right, most gay people will tell you what's wrong nowadays.
Speaker 4: I just don't. I just don't get the.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we want our plates quote you get me, and we want our rights and we want our whatever whatever, But you can't talk about us. You can't put us in a comical situation, or you can't address certain shit that like no, like if if me as a parent has an issue with that, I should be able to flex that because it has.
Speaker 4: Something to do with my kid.
Speaker 2: But now I got but now it's got to be you know, the million man march protest against what I want to do for my kid, and we that shit Like I don't understand that we all got children.
Speaker 3: I know, AG, you got adult children as well as you know, all your children for the most part of adults. Correct, yes you got you have a younger child, little ones, spice all your kids adults right now, you got.
Speaker 1: Some little ones.
Speaker 4: I got eleven year old.
Speaker 3: Say so you got eleven year old right now? With society being with it is is, don't you kind of review what your son is doing now more than ever, especially the times we're living in.
Speaker 4: Do you police him a little bit more? I do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean you have to because you don't know what what's what's going on with you know, somebody could be in influencing him to to to do something he ain't really feeling.
Speaker 7: And you know what I'm saying, because uh, trying to manipulate him.
Speaker 6: Into like sp just so just social media do that, just watch TV can do that.
Speaker 1: You get me?
Speaker 6: You you like you have to you have to be able to to be able to watch your kid man, or or any situation you have to become. You have to become a bigger role model in his life and and and have them have him want to be more like you than anybody.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying is influential to motherfucker's Yeah.
Speaker 3: Doing with this social media is dangerous because you have grown men going to these little girls in boxes.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you, up until a certain age, I was on her Instagram with her.
Speaker 6: I had it right in my accounts, Like I said my daughter some years ago, Yeah you can have this stuff, but I'm here where I can see because you could have you and I will have some nigga.
Speaker 4: That's my age trying to be all up in your thing.
Speaker 3: And the thing is when a grown man is talking to a young girl, especially a young girl that don't have no male presence in her house or no, Yeah, they get the liking that attention. The next thing you know, they meeting the motherfucker up at seven and lefting some damn where and you would never see your daughter.
Speaker 4: Again, never see you do exactly what I told my daughter.
Speaker 7: She was.
Speaker 5: So coming up the way I did. I was never when social media came out or they came out with the what's the first thing they had? MySpace? Yeah, yeah, MySpace. I never had a midspace, never had a Facebook, never had any of that stuff because the way I was raised it was I looked at that stuff, is that look at me, look at me, look at me. In a way I was raised was always kind of staying out the way. So exactly, you know, I played ball and everything, so you know you was gonna be in the spotlight here, there and there. But that's how Yeah, the same thing you all that being up in there my faces even like my Instagram, my business. Now you know when I started this my business, people like you have to have social media, you have to have social media. Well I did social media. I didn't want to win against every single thing that I thought about, But if you're using it for a business purpose.
Speaker 4: It helped.
Speaker 5: Right going back to what I was talking about before, I was against it for the for the reason of you don't know who you got on the other line. I got, you know, sixty thousand, seventy some thousand followers. I don't fool with nobody. But at the end of the day, I guarantee you there's there's a big chunk of people on there that don't like me in general.
Speaker 4: For no apparent reason. So it is what it is. So, yeah, I'm worried about my daughter and I start seeing it. I didn't like.
Speaker 5: I said, I didn't know nothing about this Instagram and all this stuff. So I get onto her Instagram and here she is and talking to somebody that's up in like Connecticut. So I start doing this, you know, and I start playing with it, and you could tell us an adult. So I started looking and start getting the address and this, that and the other. There's no kids that even live with this address. She thinks she's talking to a kid the whole time. Yeah, own man up in Connecticut. And I told her, you know, you imagine that, you know, somebody come and take you. You'll never see your dad again. She like fifth and sixth grade, So you know what I mean. For me that that was a crazy thing that I had to endure and go through that, and I lived and see that.
Speaker 4: Change.
Speaker 2: It change is niggas man. When you come from a different time and ship, you know what I'm saying, We get from different ship man, like we need to come from computers and internet and ship like that.
Speaker 7: We didn't come.
Speaker 2: There was no Yahoo when I was in school. Man, it wasn't school. I mean, yeah, it wasn't cell phones tho. No, no, I remember. I remember when I first said that house phone and ship the whole receipt.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: The first cell phone I ever had, it only lasted me two months. I had one of them brick phones.
Speaker 4: I went one thought I was a ball of calling my mama, calling everybody. That bill Okay, Nigga was five grand I said, oh, ship, that ship might have just came off my credit. I thought people were just over talking about them bills like yeah.
Speaker 2: Cracking Nigga, my Nigga cell phone bill. And when they first came out, I think mine. I think I paid about two thousand for a cell phone bill.
Speaker 4: Nigga. I ain't pay for nothing because I saw that bill. I said, I met my Nigga. I met Nigga.
Speaker 2: I remember when I first went to Europe, Nigga. I thought I was at home Nigga, and I got on the hotel phone. Nigga was talking to everybody back in the hood. Nigga was chatting for about an hour. Then Nigga got this.
Speaker 6: They got ready to check out their motherfuckers came to the door. They had security by the door. They wouldn't let a nigg out of his rule. They like, Nigga, you owe us about three grand I'm like, they like, Nigga, you called back to America. Nigga, he was on the phone for like forty five feet difference. You'd be on the phone with somebody at night because Nigga, I'm talking. You say it again, Nigga, damn three round dollars on a fucking phone bill, Nigga. Nigga fucking inside by Nigga. But I've been side the road, feet kicked up, nigg the fall looking that. Yeah, Nigga, we're in some foreign country right now, Nigga. Yeah, niggas cracking out here, whooping. Nigga just chatted like a buffer Nigga downstairs, like is he still the motherfucker's downstairs?
Speaker 2: They got Look, they have got a gig of people around the motherfucking board downstairs.
Speaker 4: They are is he still all? They like, hell, yeah, they how much right now? Two grand? Right now? Lovely, And they make about right there.
Speaker 2: They weren't gonna let the nigga check out that way. Ain't none of that, None of that running out the back door shit with their nigga. It was overwet two grand off motherfucking pocket. They want their money now, they wanted now.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: You know what though, Man, the thing is this right. The further we go with technology, man, the more you have to police your kids. And we have a time now to where parents is trying to be their kids friends instead of being a daddy. I always told my kids and my sons in particular, I'm not here to be your friend.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all you want to right now, but one thing, you go appreciate what I'm telling you, and I give my kids come back to me, especially my boys grown men.
Speaker 4: Damn, pops, you was right. I told you. I know what I'm talking about. We ain't here just we we haven't been around this loan just on accident.
Speaker 7: You just go your life, Coach, you better listen to me, and shit you gotta take.
Speaker 2: You gotta be you know, you just gotta take the lessons that you learned coming up and the mistakes that you made. And so I'm of the crazy shit that you went through and you just got to inform them.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: You know I some shit you get me. So I'm trying to I'm trying to put you in a place where you ain't gotta walk that hard line, man, cause real nigga I walked. It was some hard lines man and Compton in the early eighties and shit, eighty five eighty six eighty cent man, Please niggas trying to sell dope nigga with six niggas on the block, and we all trying to rush the same car.
Speaker 1: And what's the same card.
Speaker 6: I've been through some hard walks, man, So you try to instill shipping the kids that hopefully they won't have as hard as a motherfucking walk as you. Now, you're gonna have some hard times now, I mean unless you was born and even and even the motherfucker's born with all the money in the silver booms in their mouth, then beat the motherfuckers jump out the high rise window and shit, they can't take what.
Speaker 3: I would do different though, eight you have to cut you off, bro, go ahead, But I would do that different man. I think sometimes, man, because my kids was raised way more spoiled than I was.
Speaker 4: It's like it was a treat for us to go to McDonald's. We went to McDonald's. Was it was of course Koya's dog.
Speaker 3: They was raised like this one come home. I don't feel like chicken? Can you make me misteak? So I'm looking at my wife at three males, three different meals, and I'm like, man, it used to be back today, moms make a pot of a tin of corn bread and a pot of beans and you might eat them motherfuckers for three days though.
Speaker 2: But see that's because that's because wifey or whatever. People they feel like, I want my kid to have to go through what I had, what I went through, and that's what turned me. And like you said back in the Nigga, you don't want what oh, then you don't eat the night motherfuckers? You gonna eat this fucking ship that I cooked, or you don't and and and and going through that. Now you got your kids and you be like and like you said, they'll come home and Chris will be like, no, I want motherfucking chicken.
Speaker 4: I want a steak. And then your daughter come home and like, I don't want chicken.
Speaker 3: Ors And I see my wife stop doing what she doing to get up and then to break her nick to go do it, And I'm like, you're not helping them when you do that, because all you doing is raising a spoiled, entitled ass person.
Speaker 4: That's all you doing. And they don't look at you. She don't look at it.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 2: Like I have the ability and I have the means to do what they request. And like when I was growing up, nigga, if we was having motherfucking beans and rice for dinner, that's what you ate and you better not fucking complain.
Speaker 4: And I whoop your.
Speaker 2: Ass, nigga, you finish sit up in here and played about eating some fucking beads. I will beat your ass first, and then I'm gonna send you to bed Holgary and ship without. So you either shut the fuck up and eat this beads and rice or take this ass whooping and go in your room.
Speaker 4: The fuck you for me?
Speaker 5: When the way that I was, I was raising pairing, I couldn't have asked for it to be any different. Still, your mommy a lot of my dad and my dad's six six to seventy five, you know, uh the way, and everybody was terrified of my dad, you know, growing up. I mean when I tell you, like he was debo before there was debo back in the day. Deebo used to be zeus so Everybody used to always ask my dad, you know, they would ask him to, hey, do zeus, do zeus. I mean he was that guy in the neighborhood. And uh, the way that people projected by looking at my dad, they thought that, uh, I stayed and did didn't do certain ship because my dad would. I was worried what my dad would do. But what they didn't know behind closed doors is my dad's philosophy, what everything was. He took me everywhere. He put me in the middle of every single thing. He told me playing and simple. He said, if you want to drink or smoke, he said, do it at home. I don't want you to be out out and about where you might have That was my Mom's a lot to hurt any too. Yeah, crazy, and I'm telling you a thousand percent. So for me, you know, as a little boy, most of my my uncles and you know I said had uncles. I was the first born. So when I was born, my uncles were still in high school. So you know, their babysitting me. They're taking me and I'm getting dumped from this person of this person, taken from this person to this person. So for me to grow up, I grew up with teenagers as babysitters. So I seen my uncles literally and go in the room and they and they're smoking bud with Rick James posters on the wall and shit like that was really going on in my life. So for me, none of that shit was. It didn't entice me because I seen it every you know what I mean, on a daily basis. I seen it on a consistent basis. So for me, you know, everybody used to look at and think, you know, well, Chris hoops and this that and the other. You know what I'm saying, he plays ball and the reason he's man my dad. I'm gonna keep it one thousand. I see my dad do everything. My dad never kept nothing from me. He'll tell you, you know literally, I got shot twice being with him, you know, under four years old. But the reality of it was in my life to make it to be forty four years old as I stand right now. All the ship that he showed me and then introduced me too is the reason why I'm alive.
Speaker 4: Today and make the help you survive.
Speaker 7: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Listen, people talk to some discipline self. People have a whole different, a whole different vision of it and it's crazy. You know, people don't really understand.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: They look at all you you got your dad at home, this, that and the other. And my dad was he was a great guy, but he was a motherfucker. I'm gonna tell you that right now.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He was a motherfucker. But he introduced me to the real world. So when I when I got out the about, I was able to talk to people. When I was playing sports and it was time for me to interview with people, I knew how to talk, how to carry myself. So every single thing, you know, where I'm at today and what's going on today is because the way that he raised me. I try to raise my son in the same exact manner. My daughter is in the same exact manner.
Speaker 3: You have to, yeah, yeah, it be important that you and your woman be on the same page with stuff because the one thing is this right here, I'm a person that live in reality.
Speaker 4: And this is to all pops out there.
Speaker 3: If you have a daughter, that little girl that you love holding on your lap, it's a little girl. She's gonna be a young adult one day, and this little boy's out there, you better tell your daughter the real because for you to sit up there to think your daughter, ain't nobody ever be able to you know, crack the you know, crack the code so to speak. You feel what I'm saying, somebody is going to get her attention one day. You better tell her what the hell is going on and what's real?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I got fold of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you better tell him what's you know? When tapes?
Speaker 5: When tapes turned from tapes to CDs, I was in seventh grade. My first CD, believe it or not, the first CD when it went from tape to CD was Countin's most Wanted Music to drive by. That was that was my first CD. And that's what my parents bought me. They bought me those that music. They bought me the chronic. My dad was blowed. One day he tried it. He asked me, said hey.
Speaker 4: He was like, you want to smoke with me? And I looked square at him. I said no. He was like, man, you're good. You know what I'm saying. This, this is this.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to smoke. And he said, so you're telling me all that music counts most wanted? Uh, Doctor dreda chronic and it's in front of you and you with these guys every single day, and you don't smoke. I just choose not to, you know what I'm saying. Like, I believe if you put people in a position to see things, they're gonna they're gonna make the right decisions based on being introduced to this stuff.
Speaker 2: Nothing A lot of people do. Sh yeah, they want it. I never want to experience. I never wanted to know what I see. I've seen what ship I seen. I never wanted to do no shame. I never wanted to smoke. No crack, no give me. I don't smoke day. I don't smoke smoke weed. I smoked some weed. Now you smoke weed. Hell yeah, I'm smoking. I'm smoking right now.
Speaker 6: Okay, how old was you when you started smoking weed? Probably about maybe fourteen thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 2: I was in the seventh grade when I started smoking weed. My cousin, my cousin, my cousin smoking niggas. I had an older I had a step brother. I went to Oklahoma on a because my pops had moved to Oklahoma, and I wanted to, you know, niggas, be like, I'm going out here, fuck this ship.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 2: So I went out there for the summer and my stepbrother and then was smoking. But it wasn't like my dad used to smoke. My auntie smoked. I saw that green shit with the rolling papers, and I knew what marijuana was, watching Giju shown and all that shit. So I got I got to a fucking when I got to Oklahoma, I was in the seventh grade and we was my brother and them was chilling and they were smoking, and I just I was sitting there and I just said, let me hit that ship, let me try it. And they both looked at each other and first that they was like hell no. And then I was like, man, let me hit the weed. Because I was already I was already influenced by the lifestyle, so to speak. I mean I was living. I grew up in Spooktown. I was in fluting there. It was Mexicans across the street serving water all day and then my niggas down the street they had to sack. So I was already introduced that I grew up but fucking from the time from the time my parents divorced and we was living in south Gate and my dad worked at General Motors.
Speaker 4: By the time we moved to fucking Compton.
Speaker 1: It was over with.
Speaker 2: There was no other influence. These niggas is money and these niggas so nigga bout time I was thirteen, I was already influenced. I mean there was movies like The Warriors Out and shit like that. It was niggas on the block. There was no other influences. I mean, you know, I knew about Martin and Malcolm in school and shit like that. But when you waking up every day and you hearing drive by shootings and you seeing drug dealers and shit like that, and niggas walking up and down the block with khaki suits on and their names on the back of their khaki suits and where they from and shit, and nigga, that's my influence. Nigga, I'm being one of them. What else is better?
Speaker 7: See?
Speaker 4: Yeah, real shit, I remember, I say.
Speaker 2: It better man. So I started smoking. I was already influenced. So when they had weed at thirteen and I seen it, I had actually never seen a nigga my age.
Speaker 4: Or whatever with weed. It was always the adults. A don'tsa for the.
Speaker 6: Twelve nigga twelve thirteen, I don't know where to buy the shit from.
Speaker 4: You get me, But see these niggas got weed on the table.
Speaker 2: And I'm feeling like I'm already one of them niggas and I'm coming from Cali. These niggas in Oakland. Fucking Homer, Nigga. Let me hit the motherfucking weed. You get me, I get nigga. Let me hit the nigga.
Speaker 4: Hit that ship. Nigga, big, big, big Nigga busted with the sleep for about three hours.
Speaker 5: Nigga was That's the thing, though, See I seen that as a little boy. You know what I mean when I'm telling you three and four years old. Every single week and was nothing but a party with my family with everybody. So you literally see cocaine like you literally see them.
Speaker 4: But it was something about that that made me go, I want to do.
Speaker 1: That, do that.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to do none of that because when you look at you, like I said, you look at Stell, And when I look at Stell, I look at my dad.
Speaker 4: That's exactly my dad.
Speaker 5: When I tell you, like a man that was powerful, everybody respected. But when I would see him and he'll either get get drinking or he would get fucked up, he's not the same man no more. So you start seeing people talk ship to him and say ship to him that they would not.
Speaker 4: So that's that's what made that's I knew I'm Chris Junior.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, I don't ever want to be in that situation where somebody got to drop on me because my father couldn't fuck with my dad.
Speaker 2: I'm my father was My father was in the Navy and he had a good ass job at General Motors. But so I didn't you know it was it was a different situation, like he wasn't the hood nigga whatever. But still when the motherfucker did that ship, I'd be like, I don't want to be like, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: Ship because it is just I just I didn't want to do that ship.
Speaker 2: And I smoked some weed, but just being able to witness, you get me those drugs and like you said, motherfucker's partied.
Speaker 4: You get me.
Speaker 2: They was doing motherfucking cocaine. They was hitting the needle, They was doing the dip cigarette with the sharm stick.
Speaker 4: You get me. And I see nigga, nigga, I see that sharm stick, go nigga. I be like, what the fucks? I was always in the.
Speaker 6: Man, I said, I suck. I seen my fucking dip the cigarette hit that ship.
Speaker 2: Get butt naked, nigga, go in the middle of the street and just start running in circles, nigga traffic and everything. I'm sitting there like what.
Speaker 7: They that made?
Speaker 4: That made me go, never do that ship. I don't give a never.
Speaker 7: I don't never want to be that nigga.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be that high weed is good enough for me.
Speaker 5: You talk about yea when you talk about minutes and you talk about like how parties used to be back then when I was a little boy, and minutes is exactly what I recall us being a kid.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's how the parties was. Yeah, they was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went to the Yeah Mon's and dad hauled your ass over to the homies house and they did in the back nigger, and they put your ass in the room somewhere, and that music going all night to three o'clock in the morning, and you trying to peek out the door and see what's going on.
Speaker 4: Always got a.
Speaker 3: Little homie, they can't sneak the one homie did what he did, and see what I did.
Speaker 1: But I hol it.
Speaker 3: I picked up when I was younger, I started drinking beer when I was about fourteen.
Speaker 4: Hated the taste. We sneak, We sneak a beer, mark.
Speaker 7: My mount team march.
Speaker 2: You know we be in the room and they might stay. Let me, let me get this slide. It's a sip or two of the little slits or something. They used to give me that hardship black.
Speaker 4: I like beer. I like beer.
Speaker 3: When I was little and I drunk beer, and I just stopped drinking after my oldest son. He can't leave one day and say I want to drink beer and be drunk like my dad. And I saw that, I said, what the fuck.
Speaker 4: That nigga still be Nigga still be in there, lead.
Speaker 1: It like.
Speaker 4: I used to drink like a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: No, dog didn't always want to come home with bloody knuckles and ship dog.
Speaker 6: I would act a fool, And I said, I don't like that. The example was you sober? Where he said that to you?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: Hell No, I was just off a case, crushing beers all day, white football, crushing beers.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking like.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking like he had caught you slip, like why you sober? He like, man, I would have drink and be fucked up like you, and you like you already fucked up when he said you already in the kitchen and right next to her.
Speaker 5: In the eighties, my dad had long before it's time, akeggerator, you know what I'm saying. He had that ship built the people from Brown's distribute and come bring that ship to the house, bring them kegs to the house. And he had it like that, you know what I mean. Like that's if for me, being a kid, I went out there and just pulled it. It was, it was, it was on tap for me. I just wasn't interested because I've seen all the bullshit. I've seen everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I could see, and I could see your ass sitting up somewhere at the corner fucked up this riot. I still gonna be high as fuck off the little head of the blood every now that nigga said you funk with shroom spice, Yeah, fu with some shrooms. I won't eat too many of us, but I fuck with it around.
Speaker 4: Man. I'm like funk around the first man.
Speaker 2: I'm one of them niggas that think everything outside the weed is fucked up.
Speaker 4: I don't give what we will well naturally need some green.
Speaker 6: Weed and shrooms is the most harmless ship that.
Speaker 2: You don't give it that they guy put some shrooms on my steak, Nigga. I don't want those shrooms to get high. Nigg and you put it, you put you another difference.
Speaker 4: I'm cool. See you.
Speaker 2: Niggas was the motherfucking peer pressure niggas is back in the hood.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, try that ship, nigga. I'm telling you this ship. Look at him. You really feel peer pressure like that?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 4: You know what I did with the I want you too. I won't eat, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know like that like peer pressure. I never eat a peer pressure in the hood because I wanted to do it. I mean like, I never felt like nobody in flew wants me to do something I didn't want to do. I never got that, and I did it because I tell my son that to this day, watch the motherfuckers you hang with and don't let a motherfucker influence you to do a motherfucking thing. But if a nigga told me, like back then, nigga, let's run up in here and do this. If I didn't feel like, man, I gotta do it or they gonna sweat me, I was like niggad Come on, let's go.
Speaker 5: They in the late eighties, like the early nineties, the niggas was wild. When I tell them, seventh at seventh graders, them was grown men.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, mind you you know what I'm saying. I've seen enough other ship. But like you said earlier, were about the smoking. Like to actually see somebody that age, you know what i mean, maneuver in that man. Yeah, yeah, it's crazy. I remember in seventh grade we was playing basketball. We had a basketball game, and uh, you know what I'm saying. I was real back, I didn't care about girls and ship like that at that age.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I wasn't even on it like that. And uh, this girl came.
Speaker 5: She came to our basketball game and she comes down to the bottom of the stands and I'll never forget she had all the Charlotte Hornets. Uh started Jackie. You know what I'm saying. When they when at first the Charlotte Wrton, she did some ship like this. She held her arms out like this. In about three, four or five niggas from the team just followed her out, like man, what you're doing. All went on back and ran the trail on this girl. You know what I'm saying, I don't wanted to do with that. I'm scared to death, you know what I'm saying. That's that's the most probably uh when you talk about people, I didn't like that either.
Speaker 4: Help with my homeboys, you know what I'm saying, Like to this day, I never liked you. I wasn't none of that.
Speaker 7: Dog.
Speaker 4: If I saw dudes doing that the girls, man, I was always like, you know, I came there. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying there straight up, I remember that to.
Speaker 3: Happened a lot no how a dog actually have no how, a whole lot dog. And I never was on that dog to where if I was gonna be with.
Speaker 1: A girl dog.
Speaker 4: I never was the promiscuous, the super promiscuous, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: With that girl, all that running trains and all that stuff. Man, I was like, hell, no, you know what I mean. We didn't run trains, but we nigga, we we we we dealt with a lot of you.
Speaker 3: Know, young you know young as you being up in the Bay, the Bay is a whole different galaxy.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I mean, you know, it really is. I had I have my Uh.
Speaker 7: I got a cousin from out the park, from from Compy and ship y'all there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, I took, I took. I said, cousin, let's go get some Let's go get some weed. He said, Okay, I said, let's we gonna go. I said, we couldn't go to the red fence and get some crip weed.
Speaker 1: To be crazy.
Speaker 4: That's just because it up in the Bay, isn't nah.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 6: In certain areas, but not not the actual Bay, the city surrounding that water.
Speaker 2: Hell now, hell now, I ain't never be no chacraments Northern considered. Yeah, they an gang Bay. They cripping blood up in Sack, They cripping blood in South Central. They cripping blood in San Diego. Uh, you know, and a lot of spots in between, you know, the seasides, the fucking sweetnesses and all that fresh nose, the San Jose's, you know, shout out to my, my, my, my peoples up in even the north, the northern you know, even Essays. You got the Southerners, the Northerners, you know, but in the Bay area, you never symbolized with cripping blood.
Speaker 4: You feel me. You know, it's just some niggas just don't do it.
Speaker 2: Just like you go to other states and you know, niggas got they clicks in their hoods and whatever, but they just don't symbolize with blue and red cripping. Now a lot of them do nowadays. That it did spread, and you got a lot of in between towns that are now you know, we bloods, we crips, you know. But it didn't naturally start that way. I could say for myself in the early nineties when I started touring. You know, you would go to certain spots and niggas didn't symbolize with cripping and blood. But you know, it's just like I said, influence from the from social media, and from movies and music. It's then spread, you know what I'm saying. Not to discredit nobody from where they from. You know, like I said, I'll tell a nigga all the time, it's hood niggas everywhere. So it don't matter what you symbolize or what color your rag is. It's just it's just niggas that pull up from that poverty shit from the from from the gate, stuck in the neighborhood with with not too many choices or opportunities, and a lot of us result into doing you know, unnecessary or half in the climb.
Speaker 4: Out of that motherfucking bucket.
Speaker 2: Man, you feel me, A lot of us don't make it, you feel and that going for a lot of youngsters today too. You see a lot of niggas slipping and losing their lives behind a gang of just unnecessary shit that going on today. So just whatever you do, man, be careful in your choices, whatever your choices are.
Speaker 4: You feel me, whether it's whether.
Speaker 2: You claiming the red or blue or the rainbow, just watch your choices, man.
Speaker 3: You feel me, well, you can tell you had to be on some ship though, Spice some of that ship you was chicken back in the day. Like when that nigga hit the study, I gotta get it, gotta get it, get it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it was more like it was the game out.
Speaker 7: It's the game.
Speaker 1: The bay is is all about game.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. It's all about motherfucker knowing you.
Speaker 6: Know his surroundings, and you know it's it's just it was it wasn't really no crimson blasts. It was just more like motherfuckers you know, you would have twenty niggas on the street on one street with the same last name Ship and they all related, you know what I'm saying. And you know you have you had the Mombo's twenty third, the twamps they call them murder Dubs. You have Brookfield, Natyates and Brookfield right across the street from eleven five, which is the Brandy Park, which is where you know, uh.
Speaker 4: Right like right by the stadium.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: You got sixty nine Village where you had to when you want to go to the Raiders game, you had to go through there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's where you know the New Jack City movie, and that's what it looked like trying to get through there.
Speaker 1: You had to go through through that, through that kind of ship to go through get.
Speaker 6: To the Raiders game, passed the Varsitation and all of that ship to the Raiders game, the Warriors game, or the Age game. You had to go through that ship to get there. If if you parked on the on the other side of the stadium, you know what I'm saying. And so it really, you know, it really the Bay got as far as Oakland got a long history of of of drugs, you know, even how they you know, even back from when they used the cocaine and uh uh and back then when the when I guess you know, stay when the mob in the in the in the in the the c i A. Or the FBI got together to destroy the Black Panther party by putting drugs in the community. So you you got you gotta walk through the through the through the sixty nine village. But the train tracks was ship where they supposedly left the guns, allegedly left the guns in the in the in the dope, you know, for motherfuckers to do what they do, you know, uh, just to turn everybody in the into the uh that was in that area as far as Black panthers, strong minded individual masculine brothers uh into into a drug addicts or they gonna make We're gonna make them fight over the dope and the money.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be one of the two. And then you know, and what happened to Huey Newton.
Speaker 6: Dies with something has something to do with some drugs or something, you know, some heroin or some ship.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm hearing this as a little kid.
Speaker 4: I heard Craig started up in the bank.
Speaker 6: A lot of shit was started in the Bay. The word player hated was invented in the Bay. You know what I'm saying. So, I mean there's a lot of shit out there. You got pimps, pussy's players, fakes, gangsters, you know what I'm saying, bitch ass niggas, killers. You know, nobody claiming ship. And the only way you're gonna know who who who who anybody is is by the link by the language they speak. If they say Cuddy, they from They from Vlayos. You know, we think they was from Layover. Like if if somebody said Cuddy, we'd be like, oh you' from Layo. Or if your niggas said pattern that he was from Oakland. You know what I'm saying, Certain words and a certain way a motherfucker talks. That's how you knew what part of the Bay he was from. You didn't know what part of he was, what part of the Baby he's from, depending on what color he.
Speaker 1: Had on or nothing like that.
Speaker 6: You just knew where he was from by the way that he was talking and the slang, the slanguage he was that he used.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's completely different from the way I'm talking to y'all and then it sounds like a whole other language. I'll be like, hey, man, go get that yapis so we can mash out. Man, go get the yaffer in a yapis so we can so we can mash out. You know, they'll understand exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Ship.
Speaker 7: I'm actually coming out there to shoot a video pretty.
Speaker 4: Soon to this song I did.
Speaker 7: I just did called west Side.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: Hey, I need you to be in there. Man.
Speaker 1: I need to get all I need to get all the.
Speaker 6: Essays, all all the niggas, all the man I need to get this ship cracking as far as you know, I need some I need some low riders and ship.
Speaker 7: Because the song is called west Side. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: And you know, yeah, the nigga the ship is is. I'm gonna send you the song and then you're gonna un it. The ships dope as fuck. Its representing the whole west Side. I said, you ain't gotta be Columbian to get a necktie. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: It's the west Side. Shit is dope. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's the right. It's the Ryan ship or it's some other ship.
Speaker 6: This is our ship. This is my ship, Okay, for sure, this for us. Man, we're doing this ship to and represent it for real. Yeah, let's get it though. I'm gonna call you back when we get off air. Man, I appreciate you coming on, man, were about to shut.
Speaker 4: It down now.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, thanks for having me on y'all this motherfucking person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, ship you when next time you float through here, just let me know what ship I call you later on.
Speaker 4: And she was good.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, yall. You know, man, your niggas stay safe out there, and I'm out here in Vegas.
Speaker 6: Basically we slide through here. Niggas slide through, yes, sir, yep, hell yeah. Well that shoot, that's one right there.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: I wanted to just before you go real quick. You got the low rider coach from the West Coast and you originally from the West Coast right.
Speaker 4: Born in Ohio? Are you from Ohio? Ohio? Okay?
Speaker 2: That's why he's so thorough, one of your compadres one way more because he hits this. This motherfucker always Cleveland. That's Cleveland, net, Ohio, Ohio. Young guy with Drew carry a lot That's why, bro, It'll it'll make you. It'll make you if you if you in Ohio. I spent all my life trying to get out that. That's all I still talk about. You like I had to get a fuck about it because I knew I would get stuck.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like, how is the place you can really get in a lot of trouble. Absolutely, you're getting a lot of trouble. And that's all I saw for myself. If I stayed up there, dog, I think for sure I would have wound up in the penitential.
Speaker 4: I say it every single day. Man, there just ain't nothing else to do. It's hopeless.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just it's just I gotta get up out of here, Like fuck it. The first greyhound. Once you refers out, you'd be like, you know, like one of the niggas you see on one of them old movies, and they'd be like, man, I'm tired of this place. I'm stuck here. I gotta get out. You got to hit that greyhound and get the fuck up out of there.
Speaker 5: The biggest misconception is people feel like Ohio is nothing but corn fields and all that shit. Like every time you know, you talk to somebody like, oh, you're from hood, like a motherfucker. Ohio is one of the most treacherous places.
Speaker 4: You can I've been there a gang of times.
Speaker 5: I don't realize I mean for the last few years. I mean it was a drug over those cup state capital of the United States.
Speaker 4: You could lose your life up there. And it's just different people.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like you know the chick that we was looking at the big topic chick, right, that's normal female like they've been around like that forever. You see how she had her look strapped right there on the side. They walked raising blades in their mouth, dog like you can get you can catch the bad one up.
Speaker 5: There real easy, listen. I mean I lost some female friends. That was hard in the game. You know what I'm saying. The street up there, you know some girls they they what are you?
Speaker 4: What are you? What are you? What are you? Attribute that to man? Property?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Even I got my vision too. God, you know what I think it is, man, I think in Cleveland there are no options up there right now. There are, man, but they're very few. So when somebody gets something, they used to tend to hold on to it. Like if somebody get a job she eat somewhere, one of the good jobs. They tend to hold on to that motherfucker. They're not gonna miss no work. They gonna be there, right and they usually like, ohow it's cheap. You can go get you a nice crib up there dog for the low if you got something going on. But other than that, dog, it's just almost like a fish bowl, my nigga.
Speaker 4: It's like, just imagine being stuck in his room. That's how you feel, dog a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's like, you know, when I was growing up, the job to have in that area, you know, it was it was known you work at State Farm. You know my mom worked for State Farm. You know what I'm saying. Dow Chemical, Kais are aluminum, your doubt, fiberglass, you know what I'm saying, Owens Corning, fiberglass.
Speaker 4: Those are the jobs.
Speaker 5: If you couldn't get a job in one of them places, it's like he said, he pretty much asked out. And if you have the job of those other places like that, that was kind of the standard. So you know what I mean, like for people to play ball and whatnot, Like if once you graduated, if you didn't go to school. If you was successful, then you was working in one of them places.
Speaker 4: That was the goal. That was the goal because my pops he used to work.
Speaker 2: For So wait before you answer that. So playing sports you didn't feel like you could. Yeah, that was my way out though, right, that was my way out.
Speaker 4: I just knew.
Speaker 3: See, when you don't know no better, Dog, I thought Cleveland was the greatest place in the world until I start seeing other places. Right, because my family, the one thing that we was good for. You know, back then, you wouldn't buy no house for the kids, no plane tickets. Right, you was getting in the car and driving. If either that or we would go somewhere. Right, So we would get in the car, and my stepdad was good for that. He would take us out to see the point. But then one time I thought he was going to see the point.
Speaker 1: I just know.
Speaker 3: We left the house hill early in the morning and I woke up, Dog, and we was like in Virginia somewhere. We was on our way down in Mississippi. We didn't leave the state. We was going down to Mississippi. So just seeing all the mother toimes, I used to always wonder, like, man, I wonder what's going on? I just knew it was something bigger for me. Dog, not seeing I was one of them niggas that just knew I'm gonna be a celebrity. I'm like, I just knew I wanted to do something different with myself. Dog, I didn't want to get stuck in what was going on?
Speaker 4: Then what was going on?
Speaker 3: Because it really started getting the real maney man, when the crack shit came. When the cracks start hitting, I saw the whole dynamic of my neighborhood change because it went from being aware. We you know, we was the hood, but we had nice yards, people kept, they grass cut, everybody got along. But then you start seeing this house that used to be Miss Grant's house turned to the spot because she old and her grandkids running that motherfucker. They don't turn that to the trap house, you know what I mean. There's people coming out there. And then you see the little homie. The homieess ain't nothing before foot tall. He driving a deuce and quarter down the street and got a pocket full of money like this, And it started getting crazy because of that same little homie now pulling a pistol.
Speaker 4: He known to shoot niggas.
Speaker 3: You feel what I'm saying, it's like you see the dudes that was your classmates just turning the savages, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It was real different.
Speaker 5: Man, when I seen I seen one of one of the homies I grew up with. He killed three people for two hundred and fifty dollars. I remember the one homie. I ain't gonna say his name, but I remember one time he smoked one of the west sticks and he got the other homies duce some quarter and gets rolled up on the sidewalk and roll just bringing over a bunch of people. Dog Like, I saw crazy stuff. Man, I'm pretty sure I was traumatized living in Cleveland. I never saw I saw people shot in Cleveland back point blank. Like niggas walk up on somebody to pop and just keep on waring about their business. Didn't give a fucked dog.
Speaker 4: We had, man so many he's get stabbed that they, you know, just because it was a property. Dog like that's all.
Speaker 3: Learned how to fight, and I became pretty good with my hands because living in Cleveland you had to know how to fight. I remember I was coming home from school one day and this one dude chased me to my house. Big old dude man. And my mom's had that back screen door locked. And you know what, Mom's be having that phone always talking the same home girl. Mom's on the phone, like she looked back there and said she see me runt the driveway. Un nigga, who you're running from?
Speaker 4: You see that?
Speaker 3: Said you better go back off their handlet. I went out there, handlet. Dog I ain't had no problem since then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you couldn't be no runner, There couldn't be no niggas running to the house and stuff like that came from them.
Speaker 2: We came from them, you know, hard working down South Mississippi. Ass running who you're running from, nigga, you better fight the motherfucker.
Speaker 3: My mama told me, she said, don't never be scared of no man. He a man a nigga, just like you you butter, you know what I'm saying. And then my uncles they really because you know they was penitentiary dudes, you know what I'm saying, They really taught me how to you know, throw them things.
Speaker 6: So from then on, dog I just wasn't scared of nobody. Dog I was like, whatever we go scrap, we go scrap. That's my family. They migrated from Birmingham, Alabama was going on. So that's how we ended up in Ohio. Yeah, that's how everybody, you know how it is from the South Dog. Everybody from Ohio is either the South of New Jersey. I don't know why what it was, man, but the whole bunch of people moved New Jersey.
Speaker 4: Said Little said, we getting to buy the New Jersey going to Cleveland. I know if somebody coming to class playing, So.
Speaker 2: When did you feel like, nigga, I gotta play sports to get up out of here.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, dude, I went to Glenfield High School at first Dog and it was a collision there. He coached their name Jim Yeah Tar Blood and Jim Hobbard, James Hubbard. He saw me when I was in eighth grade. I was up by Glenfield when the stadium was outside. I was up there, messed around playing some football. He said, son, what grades you in? How I missed you? I'm in eighth grade. You go to Thomas Jeff, He said, I come, you didn't play footballs at that time. The ninth grade was in the junior highspital. He said, why you didn't play football? And he the first one I started getting recruited messing with him, and it became real thing because I would be thinking, I ain't getting on scholarship nowhere, dog, But then I saw people start getting scholarships in front of me, and so he was always he planned that seed in my head, even though I couldn't quite get at that time. By the time it really resonated, it was kind of too late, as my grades is real messed up, right, So I wound up getting a bunch of junior colleges around the country trying to recruit me. Yep, And so I wound up coming out here to California. Was either there, I think I said this last episode. It was either there a Coffeeville College in Kansas, and I said, I'm going to California.
Speaker 4: It just fucked your life up there?
Speaker 2: Should your ass should have been in Coffeeville, right, what's some overalls old?
Speaker 4: And you know what, man?
Speaker 3: I say this man, California, Man, is the place where I really became came a man. Though I can't work you in some shit, yeah you know I can't, your dog, And I learned how to. I learned survival skills in Cleveland, right, But I really learned survival skills all because I didn't have no parents. There was just gonna send me money, like you know how your son got youself. Yeah, I didn't have nobody. I call hey, send me cash app me five hundred dollars. Wasn't no cash app. If you got some money, it was coming either about Western Union or the mail. And I just started telling moms a pop sending me in the mail because y'all paying ten dollars to send me twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: I'd rather had that other team give you that motherfucking post office post office money order in the mail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the come in there, man. And that's how it was because man, I remember out here a dog. It was rough at first. Man, I was eating damn top rummin every night, Damn thear dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you were in the spot about that at all, It's one thousand percent accurate though, because like when you said, Ohio and Cleveland made you a thousand percent, that's what made me the person that I am. But when I got out of there, I learned some different shit that I didn't learn in theighborhood. So growing up in the neighborhood, just like you said, when hommy come up, roll up, on you with a with a wad of money. Nobody didn't give no fuck about no credit when you asked me about you know what I mean, like all about credit. This is man, you don't need credit me. Yeah, you didn't learn nothing. You know, I got this money, whatever the fuck I want. Cash is king, no bro, that ain't that, ain't it at all.
Speaker 3: I also learned that cash was real evil to They had the ability to be evil because when I tell you, man, in my neighborhood, it was so many murders. And I'm talking about dudes that was my classmates just started murdering each other behind that cocaine dog. I'm talking about niggas because they thought of niggas cheated them, or they thought somebody got shorted and they just got bad. Or the homie fronted somebody and they didn't come back and they just said an example, and just you know, it would be crazy.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 3: You'd be walking down the street, dog in here, see police all because Cleveland got a bunch of.
Speaker 4: A band.
Speaker 3: It used to have a bunch of empty ass locks where the grass just don't grow up. Yeah, and beer bottles all up in their dog. You know you by their dog. You see the police decause one of the homelies deads you know what I mean, just dead up in there. You see somebody dead in their car. Dog, ain't nobody took nothing. They just gone Yeah, it was crazy, dog. And they used to be get real is I saw. I think that's why I have so much respect for women, dog, because I saw a lot of girls get raped and wouldn't and they'd be at school the next day and nobody would say nothing. But this one girl got raped. We was on the way home and these cats, I ain't gonna say their names, but they raped this girl right. And I remember the next day her pops came up to the school. I was at the bust that waiting. As soon as them niggas came, he started busting at him. You start popping at him, you know what I'm saying, behind his daughter.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 3: So I saw a lot of real many shit dog like this real berserk shit man. They just really exchanged your mind set up out a lot of stuff. And one thing Cleveland will teach you is how how to have respect for the next man. Because I saw so many different things. I saw little niggas get up and big niggas ask them what nots, you know what I mean. And so I always learned, no matter how a nigga look, to respect. You know what I'm saying, give everybody that respect dog, because you don't know what a man cap beloved exactly.
Speaker 5: Color barrier shit too that they get shit gets throws out the window too, like the black white thing because you know, you might go to school and and you know, be the misconception like you can't get beat by no white boy, no fight.
Speaker 4: No this is man. Listen, Oh dude, they scrapping out.
Speaker 5: Some of them baddest, baddest motherfuckers I ever done seen and knew was white boys up there. And when I tell you put it down, I mean there was prejudice of motherfucker. You're like, what's up, nigga, I don't fuck with you.
Speaker 3: Don't fuck with me, and be ready to scrap for he scrap man, I don't fuck like three or four white boys at the same time they jump out them trucks on your ass. You gotta be ready to throw them things may be known sometimes.
Speaker 5: They had guns and be serious about that shit. And but the part about that that I'm I'm anna I can respect that more because I know what they expect at it. That's what I'm saying here. I'm saying like I don't have to wonder. You know what I'm saying. If you like me or some phony shit like, keep it, keep it a buck with me. So I know, I know when I see you, it's finna go down, go down. Ain't no ain't no surprise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real quick, I was gonna ask you about them cars.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: How did the dude from Ohio man become one of the biggest fielders of specialty vehicles in the country.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: So I'm back when I was growing up, I played ball, like you know, like he was talking about. My idol was Michael Jordan. Like everybody else, he had an eighty seven Corvette Black.
Speaker 4: With the T tops.
Speaker 5: I didn't think nothing else could touch that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Everybody was like, when you sign your first contract, what's the first car you're gonna get. I'm like, shit, I wanted eighty seven Corvette with the T tops until I.
Speaker 4: Seen boys in the hood.
Speaker 5: When I seen boys in the hood, man, and I seen I seen that gold the cars called touch of Gold. When I seen that car the first man, it was a rap. It was a from there to see a car look like that. I never would think that a car could be that old. I remember I was telling my dad, you know what I'm saying, Like, I said, Dad, now I know a car I want. You know what I'm saying, Like what you want?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And I showed him the car. He started laughing. He said, man, he said, you realize that's an old empolo. He said, you know what I mean. Like that car at that time was twenty some years old.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And you know there wasn't no computer. There wasn't no computer and shit like that. So I start They used to throw them advertised. Remember they still a little advertiser what I'm saying, and you go to see the marketplace shit. So man, I'll get on my bike and I would ride around. I would go to go to people's house, would be waded across town. I'd ride my bike up there. Didn't have a pot to piss and no money, but I just wanted to be around that car. So that's how I start self taught. You know what I'm saying, I start teaching myself about the car. Because one thing that still will tell you again too, is that jobs. You're not just getting a certain kind of jobs. So so for a black kid to go into a place and say, hey, I want to work on cars, it's not happening, you know what I'm saying, Like, they're not bringing you in to work on cars. They might bring you in to clean up around them other place, but you're not coming in here to learn no trade like that.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, to.
Speaker 5: Build no cars. So I self taught myself. And you know, there used to be junk yards and shit, we get up my homeboy, Sean, we get up in the morning and once we could drive, and shit, we would driving go out to these places and I'll go in junk yards and we sometimes you know, it'd be different from the seasons. The grass would grow up high depending on what season was that. So we'd be jumping from roof to roof of these cars. You know what I'm saying, Like, there's a deuce right here, there's this right here. And I played ball at a high level, you know what I'm saying. I was invited anybody knows, you know, basketball, basketball is my shit. I was invited to five star basketball camp as a ninth grader, so that's an invitational camp. When I went there, I'm a freshman. The number one player at the camp was Stephan Marburry. He was a senior, so there was that type of camp. The number one player in my class was lamar Odaman. There was only four of us that was ninth graders. You know what I'm saying there At the time, when I was young, you know, I never never believed that some of the stuff that my dad would say sometimes. But it's funny, as you get older, every single thing that he said came to fruition.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: He used to tell me, like, you're ahead of everybody now, but you know what I'm saying, people gonna catch up with you. And I never believed that. But that's when I start falling in love with those cars. That's why I bring my dad up in this situation. I fell in love with those cars, and I kept wanting to be around the cars, looking for the cars. My dad used to tell me them cars ain't never gonna make you no money. You know what I'm saying that you think you going to the next level to play them? Cars ain't making you no money, man. It Ain't it crazy how the one person the people in your life that are the most discouraged and are using your pearents because they trying to let the fear, the fears that.
Speaker 4: They have kind of guide you.
Speaker 3: Because my mom begged me not to come to California, and I tell it, don't you realize, Mama, fight and come out here. You wouldn't have your grand kids now, not the ones you got.
Speaker 4: Yeah a lot.
Speaker 5: Man, Listen, it's just like you said. I mean, you know, it wasn't that I I was always doing the most terrible shit. But you know, we've all done some wild shitting our day. So when I sit back and look at it.
Speaker 6: At that same time, a lot of the homies I was running around with, one of my other homies died over twenty dollars Bill, you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. Busy stuff man.
Speaker 5: So we had used had this place called the Hoop, and you get into the Hoop. It was twenty dollars to get in there. You could play all day long. So you know, we all go up there and everybody goes up there, and the one of the homies was like, uh hey, let me get a twenty dollars. Let me get twenty dollars.
Speaker 4: So I can get in.
Speaker 5: They gave him a little twenty dollars. Some weeks go by, they asked him for the twenty dollars because like, hey, what's up with that twenty dollars?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. He was like, man, fuck you, I don't pay back debts. I kill him.
Speaker 5: So when he said that, you know what I'm saying, the boys didn't have no choice, but they dove on him. You know what I'm saying to a brother, a dude, and a cousin. So they dove on him. So after this, you know what I'm saying, every time my homie will see him. You know what I'm saying. He had a chop on his lap. He had an ak. Be outside of the dude's mama's house with the ak on his lap. You see him at the gas station, pull up with him. He got it on his lap. You know what I'm saying. Just every single place he's seen him. You know what I'm saying, he over there showing it. So one night he had just came came to my first little shop. He had dropped me all some money for the car. At about two o'clock in the morning, I get a call from a girl frantic. You know what I'm saying. I can't understand what she's talking about. What happened was he was at a club, a little strip club. These dudes wasn't looking for him, but they went in there. You know what I'm saying, happened to see him in there.
Speaker 4: You know what it is? What it is.
Speaker 5: If I don't make this decision now, he's gonna end up getting me sod like waiting for him, went outside. When he came outside, they hit him all over a twenty dollars bill. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it happened.
Speaker 5: Man, far as to say, like a twenty dollars bill. It wasn't just a twenty dollars bill, you know what I'm saying. It was the principal. It's the principal behind it. I saw dunk get went up again for a dollar.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Listen, But that's the shit that when you start looking at analyzing what you're doing. You know what I'm saying. And I love the homies till to this day the majority of them's gone. But the reality of it is, had I continue moving the same manner that I was moving, There's no question about it that I would have been dead or incarcerated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me ask you no question. Let me ask you this, because you want a real they could be a real high end business. What's the most expensive builds? You don't done?
Speaker 5: We got one right now that's gonna be about two seventy five probably right now, it's say seventy Chevelle three ninety six LT four motor ten speed transmission. So basically what he wants the inside to look like though you know, you always talking about like the rest though mad you know what I'm saying. You was talking about that shit earlier before we came on the air. But he wants the whole inside to be basically like a tesla. So you know what I'm saying. When he sits in this bitch, he said he want to sit like in a cockpit basically. So the amount of money that he's willing to pay for it, we're willing to move that manner, you know. And that's another that's another comeback to another point. Like my first shop that I opened, I started in Ohio. That's one of the worst mistakes that you can ever do is is start a shop like that, especially in the neighborhood because everybody wants the homie hookup. So when you're trying to give everybody the homie hookup, you might get a motherfucker there come in there and be like, hey, I paid you eight hundred dollars last week. But you know what I'm saying, I got to re up and this happened. Blah dah, da da dah. Let me get two hundred and fifty dollars. Let me get this, you know what I'm saying, and then use the business like it's a fucking bank. That was probably my biggest mistake ever, but it was the biggest learning experience for me.
Speaker 4: You learned change at that time. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I start making some money, you know what I mean, And I decided moving to like a real busy neighborhood, a real busy like basically like Crenshaw, you know what I'm saying, Like a high volume street like that.
Speaker 4: One night somebody broke in there. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm young, don't know no different, Like I said, you had the hood mentality of running business and don't really understand I'm like twenty two years old. Somebody broken there and stole pretty much everything up out of there. Well you get all these my mom, you know what I'm saying, Like she working in her state farm, you know, so she here and all this shit. Oh yeah, he probably he had somebody break in so he can get insurance. Man, we didn't have insurance. Man, I didn't know no different. I didn't know nothing about that shit at that point in time. But that's the kind of shit in the mind set of people. Nobody was proud that she was doing the shit you was doing.
Speaker 2: Or not being not only until they could see the successes or reaped from it and not to be you know whatever.
Speaker 4: But that's just some people.
Speaker 2: They just it's hard for people to believe in your dream when it's not what they envisioned. You get me, you know, and your parents always gonna envision something different than something affiliated with the street culture, you get me, whether it was rap music or cars or whatever. I don't think no parents wanted to hear their child go or I'm I'm gonna start building cars. You know, I'm gonna start building low riders, just like when I came to the table and say I'm finna start making rap songs and making records. Motherfucker's like what, nigga, You finna make no money from no rap, So your mind, man, please.
Speaker 3: You know ma, Mama was so mad at me when I told her I'm going out here to play football for Long Beach City.
Speaker 4: She said, you can go to CarH Community College. You ain't gotta waste while glass around the corner.
Speaker 3: She was so mad because she said, I got a job for you at Kaiser. What I tell you, we got a job for you at Kaiser. It's a good job.
Speaker 4: You can go up there.
Speaker 6: You could be retired by the time you fifty five. I'm thinking that my mom like you, I want you to work at Kaiser.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to work at Kaiser Aluminum Man. Ain't nothing wrong with Kaiser, love them though.
Speaker 2: You gotta got you something, nigga. You could have got you some benefits. You know what I'm saying. You probably wouldn't probably wouldn't. You probably wouldn't have met your love of your life, your wife right now. But you would have had you some old country bumpkin and treated, cooking you some grits and eggs and sending you on your way to Kuys.
Speaker 5: The fucking a little way. You saying that, saying that though it's exactly my mom what.
Speaker 4: She she said.
Speaker 5: My mama told me, she said, you might not you might not be rich, but give you enough. You pay your bills and get your pizza up. Man, come on, man, you're gonna have you.
Speaker 4: You have you a chef. You're gonna have you a goddamn Chevy truck. Out there.
Speaker 6: Digga going to the same damn bar every Friday night talking about ship.
Speaker 2: Get on in the back and there on the July put this, put this above the ground pool up, Nigga, y'all be back there chilling in the.
Speaker 6: Above the grounding the same with the same neighbor every weekend barbecued.
Speaker 4: You see how he's got a new pit right.
Speaker 2: There, getting getting off on Friday evening. They could come there with your little bit of motherfucking kaiser with your name Pat right therewist.
Speaker 4: Don't get a twisted yeah that there was nothing wrong with that, But for me, it was for me.
Speaker 3: Dog got see it like you something feeling your side, Like nigga when you went and told your mama you was gonna be a rapper, You feel.
Speaker 2: That in your soul, like that was what you're doing. You gotta chase the passion man. And like I said, everybody's is. Everybody's dream of your success isn't gonna be what your dream is. Let's just face it. You know your mama don't want you to be no football player in Loan Beat. She just thinking, She's not thinking like he could really go out there. And she just saw the coat, thinking like many out there day out And I've seen that movie come and they out there with that you know what I'm saying. They out there with that rap ship on top of you. Give me on top of that, nigga, Please boy, get your boy. Get on up there. They waiting for you right there. He waited for you to come on for that interview.
Speaker 6: To get me, I had Compton, I had Compton Community College try to get me back.
Speaker 4: Then Bakersfield almost went the biggest field too. I'm like to get me up there.
Speaker 5: There was another school up there, man, what was San Luis?
Speaker 4: Uh huh Sam Louis Obispo. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, they try to get me up there too. And I ended up in Fort Dodge. I was sir Fort Dodge. Did I tell you That's the first time that reality ever sunk into me. Because I played ball at such a high level and had such expectations for my life and for me when I got up there, man, you know, I'm used to like my last high school game we played in Columbus at the coliseum and at the time, and there was two guys McDonald's, all Americans on that one team that they had and they were one was on my AAU team. So at that time, the expansion NBA st so the Toronto Raptors Vancouver Grizzlies, those two teams will be at a lot of our shit. But my last game was in the coliseum and the game start at six o'clock and you see motherfuckers outside lined up around the building waiting to get into your game. As a high school kid in a coliseum. When I get up to Fort Dodge, Iowa and I walk in there the first time, and I walked in that gym and there was about thirteen motherfuckers in there. That's the first time it sunk in like you fucked up, you know what I'm saying, like real shit, Like I.
Speaker 4: Didn't like the act the sat I knew that I.
Speaker 5: It was the first time reality hit where being Chris Ash don't mean shit no more. You know what I'm saying like it couldn't get you to where.
Speaker 4: You want to go.
Speaker 5: No, Man, The first night that I was out there, there was a little these people from Trinidad had a they played soccer and they had this this little party. And I walked walked into this party and like I said, you know, I've seen a lot of ship, but I walk in there and I see motherfuckers right here on this in this duplex, and they fucking on the stairwell, and I see these guys trying to hand me some alcohol. I don't know what the fuck it is for me to drink when I come in here, Like, I'm me and I'm from where I'm from. So at the end of the day, man, ain't nobody give me ship and tell me what to do, you know what I'm saying. So I turn up every but like, oh hey, you know what I'm saying. Everything's Everything's cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I walked up out of there crying.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 5: When I tell you, like the being out there in a world, it's the first time I ever literally just I just broke down and cried.
Speaker 7: Bro.
Speaker 5: It was cold and ship. Because I went the second semester, I sat out the first semester. I got there in January and that that type of cold on that flat land. When that ship hit me in the face, What the fuck ship?
Speaker 4: I broke out? Man, I'm crying walking.
Speaker 6: Back to how long did it take you to leave? I was out of there in May, sir, saying fact that I'm gone. I was out of there in May, and you know what I mean? Like, still, how long it took you to leave? LBCC, Man, Shit, I didn't leave.
Speaker 4: I stayed. You stayed.
Speaker 3: I stayed the whole time, graduated and got a scholarship at New Mexico State University.
Speaker 5: Better off had I came out here, Yeah, it was just when time. I would have been better off.
Speaker 3: But what I said it was, Man, if you go be stuck somewhere, it needs to be southern California. Man, Yeah, that was bad for me culturally. If I'm gonna be stuck somewhere, it's gonna be out here in Kelly.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I will tell you some wild ship though, now I think about it. So when they had a radio station in there and eight had just dropped last man standing.
Speaker 6: These people didn't know nothing about this, but they you know what I'm saying. They gave me some albums and it happened to be that last man standing. I still got that album to this day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's radio station that's cracking up in the Iowa. They're handing me that ship when Fort Dodge, I.
Speaker 6: Was, yeah, I'll let you know, it was everywhere when I take nigga everywhere niggas.
Speaker 5: Fort Dodge they handed me, They handed me that, They handed me a master p and they handed me.
Speaker 6: A mace at the same time. Hey, I got the got these four you know what I'm saying. They was like, here, get this ship up out of here. Here you go, Chris, that's crazy, man, And you got that cracking there. What's your Instagram page? Man, so you can ask you some more followers. Man, you already got a whole bunch of motherfuckers on State.
Speaker 2: Customs, sun State Customs man, sunk Hiller at my people, y'all looking for official build.
Speaker 4: Then my nigg got the motherfucker's on deck.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I stopped playing cards for days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, years, i'mna have to come dipping up on here. Still on you and one man, Let you see what it's cracking like. I'm gonna give me one. I'm gonna give me a dunk.
Speaker 4: And we got something coming, then, my boy Chris got a nice one coming. Yeah, what you getting? I would just pull up on you one day and tell your asked Ye, it is something coming. Though, then I'm gonna have to get me one. It's Maria. Ain't nothing, Yeah she Maria. Don't run there. Hey, Brian, let me know where he cut that part out. But seriously, then I'm gonna get me one. Man.
Speaker 3: I kind of want to. I want to dunk. I don't want nothing traditional, you know what I mean. I just want some nice man shiny with nice ass rims on it, man, and some beating it. We'll get you.
Speaker 4: Ask you this one. We'll get you an LTD nigga? Why dunk over a low rider?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: I just like to you know what.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't mind having a low rider either though. I just like the dunks. If I do get a low.
Speaker 2: Rider, I don't want all the hop Just don't cut his ship. Yeah, he just won't cut his ship. Yeah, riding on fourteen fifteen. That shit look ridiculous.
Speaker 4: He will.
Speaker 6: I'm not, I'm not involved in that. Give me some fresh. Are you want to cut? You don't here to switch you to hell?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He need his front and back.
Speaker 5: You know, he gets for switches front back. So I decided which, well, front back, We'll do three wheel right, three wheels?
Speaker 4: Uh huh, that's what doing? You know I might go three wheel? Yeah, you know what I mean this.
Speaker 2: They don't know what the fuck. He will be there, But Maria gonna be dipping hell out of my ship. You wouldn't let her drive. You wouldn't let her drive the four No, man, shein's supposed to behind.
Speaker 4: That's me, man.
Speaker 5: We had a beautiful last the last two weekends out here, Man, been a lot of the OG's had a two shows.
Speaker 2: Individuals. Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of Yeah. Shout out. Shout out to all the car clubs out here, man, Bryan, did you shoot the individuals?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Brian just shot the weekend.
Speaker 5: Boys got down man, Big Dre shout out Big Dre, Fat Rat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out my nigga, Dre Man, my nigga from GUARDENA all good low ride of culture is real heavy man. Like I said, I've been around it for a long time. I got into it about when I was nineteen eighteen. It's just a fascination. It's all over the world now, man, you know, Japan, fucking Hawaii, I mean everywhere, man is. The low rider is one of them things that has stood the test of time. You get me, especially coming from you know, the seventies, the early days from back then. You know, just like with hip hop getting started, a lot of people probably didn't think the culture was gonna last. They've tried to shut it down, they've tried to block it, but it has it has really it has established some if you want to say, some common ground between men, you know, niggas who have beefs learn how to overcome in certain situations when low rider shows and cars are in fat off. You learned you learned to uh turn your switch off, so to speak against the enemy man or whatever. Because the car culture brings everybody together and it's not about a lot of hood shit and beef and uh, it's just you know, so you know, you got to respect that man, you know, So shout out to all the lolo hoppers and riders.
Speaker 5: Like the show this weekend, like for instance, the individuals to be able to sit back and know like it. You know, that's one thing about the car culture. It does allow you also to learn a lot of real history. Definitely from l A, you know, definitely, and from Compton, from la from from the Inglewood. It it lets you understand a whole different world, you know, being out there with the God, the old majestics, being out there a gangster, being out there with O G twin. You know, you got got you got people from Santana Block, you got guys out there from the sixties, you got guys over there from other parts.
Speaker 4: Exactly everybody's or everybody come together.
Speaker 5: So to me, like it's like you said, having those those cars, that is that one common thing that when I tell you, I walk around and see a lot of guys from a lot of different hoods.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, and I've been, I've been out there and to be able to like be involved with that and not have to feel like, you know, in fear or whatever with it. Like, don't get me wrong, Niggas still gonna be niggas, but that seems to be the culture that brings a lot of niggas together. Then don't matter what color your flag is, you know, it's just the respect and and and the quality is what niggas enjoy. So yeah, definitely, y'all check out my men, Chris, Sun State customs.
Speaker 4: Still where we at? We out of here? Yeah, we out of your I want to ask them about this car. Was trying to look for it? Look at it is that I want?
Speaker 7: I wanted.
Speaker 4: I wanted chavel convertible.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, man, because a lot of guys be shining away from them, Schavelle convertibles.
Speaker 4: I love them.
Speaker 5: A lot of guys shy away. What you want a seventy? Yeah, like a seventy that's the car. That's what building right now?
Speaker 4: Now? Why are people shiying away from what I like?
Speaker 1: Those?
Speaker 4: That's why I want something a little different than what everybody else when it.
Speaker 5: Comes to the in palor world, I can speak on that all day long. But while guys shot away from that seventy drop, I really don't know. So that means it to be easy to find one there?
Speaker 4: Not brilliant say that you probably have to cut it, cut the top off out there.
Speaker 5: Okay, But that's another thing about the culture too. Guys get a misconception. You get some guys to talk about I'd rather buy one that's already bought this, that and the other. You better off to buy you a card that's a piece of shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like to Yeah, I like to build better off.
Speaker 5: Because you know, I have guys bring me cars that they done pay fifty sixty thousand for and you got to take it all the way apart like you did. A car that'll cost twenty five hundred, and that's real shit. One of my boys he played plays in the NFL, and he brought a car in there and he paid great money. Leave it at that, you know what I'm saying. He paid great money for that car he bought. Came out of I believe in Indiana.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: We had to take every panel off, rats nest, inside the firewall, all new quarters, all new floors, all new braces, all new trunk, every aspect of that car had to be rebuilt. And when I tell you the amount of money he spent, and he spent at before the cars really the sixty fours really took off. So you know you better off to go on and get you a car for about twenty five hundred dollars. Just bild, motherfucker, that's how much my first car.
Speaker 1: Car.
Speaker 4: Just gonna take it down the middle.
Speaker 2: Anyways, my first sixty three hard top supersports sticking the floor, I paid fifteen hundred four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it ran, but it was toe up.
Speaker 2: It was primer and the paint it was black, like somebody tried to paint it black and then decided to primer it up and they left it. The seats was tow up. I don't even think it had a back seat. It had two front seats and no back seat. But Nigga, that motherfucker rand that's the way I stuck that key in. That motherfucker, he said, and draw that motherfucker straight to the homie and Watts. I gave it straight to the homie from Grape and Nigga saw it about two months later, Nigga, brand new paint, brand new seats, gold dating's on that motherfucker. It was a It was basic. It didn't really cost me that much. It was base back then. My nigga was like Nigga. I think he was like, Nigga, throw me five six grand and I and Nigga brought it, brought it Nigga, and I thought that motherfucker was immaculate.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, my.
Speaker 2: Nigga, please that Nigga brought it back to It was plain blue, white top, brand new interior. Nigga had like two gates in that motherfucker front backside to side on some all gold things. Nigga, you didn't have that on a on a magazine cover. Yeah, that was my trade, nigga with the one that was sitting on three wheels.
Speaker 4: Nigga. I loved that car. Nigga loved it.
Speaker 2: I told that car about five times, man, because that's why I say I was a hopper.
Speaker 4: I wasn't a rider. It was a rag uh rag foe was that in the I we that was a car.
Speaker 6: We got that car actually from like a Hollywood car shop, that rag six four that we took all music to drive by.
Speaker 5: That was my first CD, like when tapes turned from CDs, you know what I'm saying, from tape to CD.
Speaker 2: That was the first music to drive by on that and there it was. That was the thing drive by and on a nigga. So I just thought it was clever music to drive by because we fold drive by.
Speaker 3: On the last track with the shout out I want a sevel dog. I want that motherfucker deep purple, but I want a creamy white interior like you know that you look you see that my foot like white, like you don't see number white, almost like you sitting in the motherfucking cloud, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how we do. We're getting up out of here. Yeah, yeah, we go out of here. Yeah we are man. We continue the discussion off here, Jim, I'm telling you how.
Speaker 1: My notes will grow like Pinocchio.
Speaker 4: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truth. This is not your