Speaker 1: Yo, Cavino and Rich over Promise, presented by DraftKings Fantasy Sports. Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with code over Promised. Because life's more fun in on the action DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem Call one eight hundred gambler Age and eligibility restrictions apply. Voidware prohibited. See DraftKings dot com for details. Oh bringing the Hose, Rich bringing the hose the holiday spirit. Welcome to over Promise, brought to you by DraftKings Sports Book. We are Covino and Rich from Fox Sports Radio from Union, New Jersey, from Franklin Square out here in the mean streets of LA. Yeah. By the way, thank you for joining us on our bonus podcast on a very special day too, because we're celebrating nineteen years of working together. That's right, I believe this at the universary. It's our annivers I got picks.
Speaker 1: I got a teaser that is like, how could this go wrong? So I got some DraftKings teasers and parlays. We're going to go over for a.
Speaker 2: Week fifteen of the NFL. Holy shit, and Rich is super firing up thinks this whole Draymond Green thing is BS, and we're gonna tell you why, Well, it's nonsense.
Speaker 1: I hate fake shit in sports life relationships, when you force apologies or force action, where.
Speaker 2: Zip it zip zippy? Speaking of BS, how about when someone says to you, Rich, you know what.
Speaker 1: My favorite Christmas movie is? This might be one of my biggest pet peeves. And I judge you if you say die Hard, die Hard?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: You know what annoys me even more than the answer the fact that they think that they're the first ones to ever tell you this. Get this die Hard and you're like, yeah that I've heard that for ten years. And then it's the constant debate of you know, is it a Christmas is a Christmas movie? You know this is the more tired debate than Lebron or Jordan. This shit bothers me so much. I get it. It's the cool answer. Stop acting like you're the person that discovered it. And can I tell you one thing that seals the deal from me? Why it's not a Christmas movie? If you're saying Christmas movies?
Speaker 1: If you said Rich, my favorite or Elf Vacation Love actually home Alone, I'd say, oh, you're a normal freaking human being.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Emmy Otters, Jrug Band, Christmas, thank.
Speaker 1: You that on the list, thank you, Happy Birthday, Frosty Claymation, Rudolph. But when you say diehards a Christmas movie, I think you're a dope. And I hope I'm not offending our boss or anyone who feels this way. But I'll tell you, if you say diehards a Christmas movie, I feel like you're trying to be cool just for the sake of being cool. Like there's new ones out Family Switch on Netflix with Ed Helms, you got Candy Kane, Lane with Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 2: They're constantly pumping out new Christmas movies. So for you to say guy classics like it's a wonderful life, I'm just doing it out there for the older folks, Like these are Christmas movies. Now, there's other movies that people claim are Christmas movies that are Christmas movies. However, we're gonna give you some of our favorites that maybe you haven't seen. Okay, before we dive into richest picks and everything else, let me tell you what aren't Christmas movies? Can we go over that first? I made a list of these are what bozos called Christmas move. We'll start with Diehard and again, this came out in nineteen eighty eight. All right, stopped living in eighty eight. Diehard too. It's all respect to our guy, Bruce Willis. All right, we say this respectfully. Great movie. Yeah, amazing movie, amazing character. That's a cool ornament.
Speaker 3: Spot.
Speaker 2: I love the I love the ornament. But I mean it's a tired answer. It's not a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: Spot always nails at home. Spot When did Diehard come out? Tell everyone, because this, to me is the proof in the pudding in the in the Christmas figgy pudding.
Speaker 2: Diehard I believe was released. It was July, but I believe July twenty fifth, nineteen eighty, nineteen eighty eight. How that hell? Technically, I mean Christmas in July. But it's a summer movie.
Speaker 1: It's a summer blockbuster. Summer blockbuster. You know what else is on this list? I'll shout out mouth. One of the board ops at Fox Sports Radio tried to sell us on Batman returns our buddy Profet. I'm like, dude, you're a dummy.
Speaker 2: This is not a Christmas movie, right, I mean, mister Perfet adds a lot to our shottle, but not that Gremlin's great movie. I loved it as a kid, Little Magua. Not a Christmas nineteen eighty four, good eighties movie, hasn't even held the test of time, to be honest, great characters, but not a Christmas When we get out of.
Speaker 1: Here, can you tell me? And I love it? One of my favorites. I loved all of them, the lethal weapons. Not Christmas movies just because there's Christmas lights behind that to the background. Because Riggs and Murta fighting on the front lawn with Christmas ornaments doesn't mean it's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 2: It takes a little more than ornaments in a sweet mullet right there to make it a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: Recently, over the last few years, people are, you know, iron Man three is Christmas.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard that one yet. People are saying that, add that to the listen here with that it's a superhero movie, not Christmas because its a Christmas tree. But the reasoning stupid that was, like it there's a Christmas tree and it's all stemmed with yo guys, you know die Hard. I cannot cook get over that one, right.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to start Today's over promise by just dismissing the buffoons that call all of these movies Christmas movies. Because listen, if you don't want to go with the traditional movies or the rom coms of the corny Hallmark ones, Kavino and I put together a list of a few cool even like rated R and more current current Christmas right exactly, and when we agree, it's fact these are ones we agree to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to start with a sequel that is very Christmas y? Oh, honestly, I don't think enough people talk about it. I love it. Daddy's Home too, because you got Mel Gibson, you got Mark Wahlberg, you got John Lithgow and Will Farrell. It's great. Dude, Nobody talks about this movie enough. We're telling you, if you have some spare time tonight this weekend, watch it.
Speaker 1: It's fantastic. And my wife and I recently watched this. It's a couple of years old now. Vince Vaughan, Reese, Witherspoon, John Favreau going great. I guess said, rated R Christmas comedy for Christmas raded R, but.
Speaker 2: Still funny, humorous and has heart right, I mean, it has all the elements. It is a Christmas movie, that's the point, and maybe you haven't seen it, definitely check it out now.
Speaker 1: This one has a cameo from Word Up, Jimmy Butler, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Aniston Office.
Speaker 2: Christmas Party is so good. It's very good. It's about our pal Christmas Party. Olivia Mine is in it and a very young Jimmy Butler before he was Hemmy Butler. And you probably haven't seen it in a minute. Maybe you saw it when it came out. Definitely worth reinvestigating.
Speaker 1: And a bunch of buddies that are partying drugs and moves and fun around the holidays the night before this is a good one.
Speaker 2: Seth Rogen, Anthony Mackie. Is that Joseph Gordon levit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And again another movie that I haven't seen since it came out, but I know I liked it. We enjoyed it together. Definitely worth the watch.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure we saw the screening of that and someone yelled that you for being on your phone?
Speaker 2: Is that where we turned around, He's like, do you mind turning that off? The light from your phone? Is this the Holliday spirit? Is this the this was going on?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Now, we gave you a bunch of we gave you a bunch of movies to watch. You don't have to call Diehard a Christmas movie the end. All right, I want to get into some picks for this week. Let's get into it now. We got Saturday games and Sunday games. I'm gonna start with a teaser. And uh, I know I don't want to tease you too much, but the Broncos are playing the Detroit Lions. Now I look at those two teams as the Lions as a team that isn't like murky waters right now, Like what did I say waters? Like I was from the East coast?
Speaker 2: Well you are. It's like what my mom says, coffee.
Speaker 1: Do you want some coffee? The Lions are in murky waters. Let me take a sip of water.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: They may be as the as the Tommy Cutlets family would say, fool games.
Speaker 1: A little fake fake. Well the nine and four. Listen, they're a playoff team. They're gonna likely win that division unless by do something. But they're dealing with backup quarterbacks. Point is, they're at home against the Broncos. That team turned their whole season around. They lost a week ago I'm sorry they won, but they lost two weeks ago. But the Broncos have won what six of seven six?
Speaker 2: Seven? Yeah, and should have won the game they lost.
Speaker 1: They are get this four and a half point underdogs in Detroit. I like bumping that up to ten and a half. I love the Broncos as a ten and a half point underdog getting more than double digits.
Speaker 2: I love so. I like the Broncos plus ten and a half.
Speaker 1: And the Chiefs who are going through a little time of struggling. But the struggling is all bullshit stuff like off sides, drop passing the end zone, like really correctible things. So I think the Chiefs are always as long as you have Mahomes and Kelsey Andy Reid, you can't say that they're out of the mix.
Speaker 2: And I gotta say me losing it, I think inspired the rest of the team. I think you're raised firing up playing behind me. I think you woke up.
Speaker 1: The beast is what I think. You're playing the lowly Patriots now. The only is that it's in New England. But they're seven and a half point favorites. You tease that down to minus one and a half. So, as I said this, is the how could it go wrong? To a team teaser?
Speaker 2: I like that one.
Speaker 1: The Broncos ten and a half is a big underdog against Detroit. I think the Broncos could straight up win the game. Yeah, and then the Chiefs. If the Chiefs can't beat the Patriots in New England by two, what the f This.
Speaker 2: Could be the turnaround, the Chiefs getting on track, playing like the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: We know now a money line parlay. These are teams I just need to win. Three teams just need to win. No point spreads them. I'm ditching the points and just saying money line. Now the Eagles. Let's start with the Eagles. They're playing at the Seahawks. Eagles have dropped two in a row. They're still fighting for that division. The Eagles and the Eagles are trying to find answers. They just played two great teams, the Niners and Cowboys. Back to reality, back to average opponents at Seattle, not what it once was. But I do like the Seahawks losing at home, So Eagles money line. I think the Eagles could just beat the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: You think the Eagles they got to turn around. This is their chance to turn around. And the Browns are hosting the Bears. I don't know why this points spread is only like three. I'm just taking the money line anyway. But the Browns, Joe Flacco's rejuvenated. They got such a great defense the Bears. I think people are a little high on the Bears because they just beat the Lions and they've shown some life. But in Cleveland, I like the Browns to just beat the Bears. So Eagles just beat Seattle, the Browns just beat the Bears, and that Saturday game two seven and six teams that sort of I don't know, they're confusing me. I think Pittsburgh's the Pitts, as my mom would say. I like the Colts in the money line. I like Gardner Minshew.
Speaker 1: I like the Colts just to win the game they're playing Pittsburgh. I like Indianapolis to make a run for the playoffs. I think Pittsburgh's on the downslides. So the Colts, the Browns, Eagles, three team money line parlay lock that bad boy, load it, let's go. These are my picks. You don't need to do it. I'm just saying the how could it go wrong? Two team teaser and this money line parlay Merry Christmas everybody every Christmas time. Well, hey, Draft Kings sports Book, can you believe we're this deep into the season? I said week fifteen. We got to make every second count. With DraftKings Sportsbook, you can make the most out of every game. Bet on your favorite team for a shot at winning big bucks. New customers can score one fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting five on any matchups.
Speaker 2: So get in on the action with DraftKings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the app now use code over promised. New customers can score one hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bets for betting just five dollars five bucks on the NFL. Only a Draftking Sportsbook with Code over Promise. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called wdne hundred gambler in New York call I eight seven to seven eight open wire text oping y for six seven three six nine at West Virginia. Visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. Please play responsibly in Connectic could help us. Available for problem gambling called eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org on behalf of Boothell casino in resorting Kansas must be twenty one or older in most eligible states, but h varies by jurisdiction. See DraftKings dot com slash sportsbook for details and states specific responsible gambling resources, eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. In terms at sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com slash football terms.
Speaker 2: I mean, how could that teaser go wrong? Spot? Throw that up one more time? Please? I called it the I called it the how could it go wrong? Teaser? How could it go wrong? Do you think that Kansas City won't beat the Patriots? You give this the Rich Davis guarantee, the George Foreman guarantee.
Speaker 1: Me that shit means nothing in this NFL season. I started out so hot, I'm slumping. I feel like I'm going to make a late season surge to actually come out this season.
Speaker 2: Like the Eagles. You like the Eagles, man, But you started high, and now look at you.
Speaker 1: Do you think you know what that is true? If you like the Eagles last couple of weeks, I'm sorry, just haven't been on my game, but I do.
Speaker 2: I do like that.
Speaker 1: Bet I do like the Cowboys. Uh, A lot of games I like this week. So anyway, there you go. There you have it.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome back to over Promise, brought to you my drafting sports book again. Our Anniverse Reshow nineteen Years Together is our bonus podcast. Now. If you're watching on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page, thank you, Hey you doing happy? Thank you. Definitely follow the podcast and if you're listening to the podcast, check us out on YouTube. Cadino and Rich Now, I'm gonna take a deep breath because I got I got feelings that I think I'm just gonna break it down and be real because I think a lot of people are just full of shit when it comes to this Dreamond Green thing. Well, Rich says that he's sick of the Draymond bs because, Well, the update is, Dreammond Green is suspended indefinitely. Indefinitely means indefinitely, and definitely means indefinitely. I mean it means for definite. Yeah, for definitely. It means like it tells someone. It doesn't mean for infinity, but it means for like indefinitely. The last time I think someone got suspended and definitely was Gilbert Arenas for bringing a gun in the locker room. They're making it seem like Draymond's a murderer. Now this is such bs. Let me tell you know what I hate. Not a murderer, but he has built a reputation. Okay, I'm just gonna give you all angles because rich is all fired up about this. But let's remember what happened. Let's also to play. Let's know, Nurkic is there, he's flailing and he's trying to sell a call, but it looks like he just punches him. Yeah right over. Oh look at Nurkids laid him out. Nirk laid him out, like when man, when Marquez knocked out Pakia. Oh here, God, look at it. Here, it is here. It is bam right. So you're like, oh man, that's Draymond did it again. I saw that all over social media, so I immediately knew what had happened. Raymond did it again, Like oh no, you gotta remember this as bad for the team. The Golden State Warriors are ten and thirteen.
Speaker 1: Bro, it's early, but I know, I know, But listen, there's a couple of layers Draymond's apology. Let's get all this out of the way, then we'll just sure, let's watch Draymond's what some people are calling like the most half assed apology, not really of all time.
Speaker 2: Take a look, Draymond Green.
Speaker 3: I was swinging away to sell the call, made contact with him. As you know, I'm not one to apologize for things I meant to do, but I do apologize to you, said, because I didn't intend to hit him. Uh, I sell calls with my arms. I don't faller to sell a call. I don't not a flopper. So I was just selling the call because he was grabbing me and pulling my hip back, so I spun away, and unfortunately I hit.
Speaker 1: Him, you know how.
Speaker 2: To me, it looked like he hit him accidentally on purpose, Like I like his reasoning, like he was just trying to sell the call. But then I think he like purposefully hit him, And it reminds me of in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Remember En Dominican Sue in his dirty but he would step on someone and be like, oh, I didn't mean.
Speaker 2: To step on it look like he was trying to get away with something dirty there. But again, he plays with that fire, that intensity, and Nurkic did go on to say that he still respects Draymond Green, no bad feelings, but it's the other stuff that he said about him that really raised a lot of eyebrows. Rock Johnson listen to Nurkic York.
Speaker 5: What's going on? I don't know personally, I feel like that brother needed help and I'm glad he's not trying to choke me. But at the same time, and nothing to do with basketball, man, Like I'm just out. They were trying to play basketball. You know, they're swinging.
Speaker 2: See what he said there was.
Speaker 5: We saw that often. But I hope, you know whatever, he got to get better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the part, and he needs to get help. And like, I'm glad he didn't choke me. He's he's honestly feeding into the narrative that Draymond Green's a loose cannon and needs help.
Speaker 2: I hope whatever he's got in his life he gets help and gets better. That's the sort of headline that social media ran with too, that really made it look like there's more to it than just intensity. Now. Ben Maller of Fox Sports Radio did go on a rent the other day too, saying, look, Draymond's done, get him out, Like this guy's hurting the team and hurting the NBA more than he's helping at this point. And look, he's given a lot, not to take away, great player and all that. But he went on to also say that he's missed just about half the games this season, either because he was unavailable or suspended.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna forget that he's a future Hall of Famer four times, not at all, champion, not at all.
Speaker 2: But everybody at their time. You've said this.
Speaker 1: Before as far as some NFL stars when they're pain in the as factor outweighs their talent, yeah, you stop putting up.
Speaker 2: But it's like a hobby out it.
Speaker 1: It sounds rude, but it's like a good looking woman who gets old and it's like, Wow, people don't want to put up with her bullshit anymore when she's not hot anymore.
Speaker 2: Exactly and nail on the head. I mean, I know that could rub some people the wrong way, but he's absolutely right.
Speaker 1: People put up with a lot of shit from hot women and talented athletes, and when they age out, it sounds rude.
Speaker 2: People are dumb putting up with their b I remember Rich said that this suspension and this narrative of he needs help is bs and I think this has something to do with it. Let me throw some names at you. Okay, think about how the game has changed. There's no question the game has changed. But did all these people need help? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Because there's nothing wrong with that. We also need to make that clear too, right, nothing wrong with talking to somebody and getting help. In fact, we commend it and we encourage it. There's nothing wrong with it. Better help was one of our sponsors. Exactly. However, there's something to be said about this is a tough game and you're playing a win, right, you have a lot to prove. It's very physical, very intense. Emotions are high. Right, just because temperatures temperatures rose a little bit, does that mean you have issues?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Dennis Rodman, Yeah, one could say maybe he does and did need help. But a guy that played with a lot of intensity, right, But you're not helping Draymond Kiss. But would he have lasted in this lead? You know you've been saying this a long time ago.
Speaker 1: You mean the guy that left the NBA and joined the nWo For a few minutes, Charles Oakley was choking people.
Speaker 2: Bill Lambard and all these guys that play with a lot of intensity run our test, Ben Wallace, or you could just say people that played with a lot of heart. You know, it's a physical game. This is professional sports. You know. Again it's not football, it's not NFL. But they play with that same level of heart, that same desire to win. So emotions are high, and I think you really can't blame somebody when their emotions are at that level.
Speaker 1: Now it all comes down from me. I hate nothing more than fake optics. Okay, when people do something that's disingenuous just to sort of move things along. You know, it's like when someone gets caught cheating on their wife and they go to get help because they're a sex addict.
Speaker 2: Are you a sex addict? Or did you just.
Speaker 1: Get caught and you're like, oh man, I couldn't keep it in my pants.
Speaker 2: You're a addict.
Speaker 1: Every guy is a sex addict. Then you just got caught doing something you shouldn't have done. Just optics for the NBA. Do you think Draymond Green? Do you think Draymond laying on some therapist couch? And again, I think mental health is very important, but do you think Draymond Green laying on so much couch talking about his emotions and feelings are all of a sudden gonna change who this guy is.
Speaker 2: He just doing it for the optics of it, to get him back on the It's like when you get caught, the NBA looks like they did the right thing.
Speaker 1: And I have a question about a real example and has nothing to do with sex or basketball or anything. If you get a speeding ticket and they're like, well, we could take the point off your license if you take this defensive driving course. Do you really learn shit in that defensive driving class or do you take it just as the process.
Speaker 2: I think it's like an internship or or like we tell our interns, this is you. You get what you want, Adam, Do you.
Speaker 1: Do you expect rom com sweet gentle Draymond Green if he goes to therapy.
Speaker 2: By the way, time that the guy you want playing for your team, the peaceful, that's his value there, that intensity in a lot of ways. I don't know. But again, is it soft to just say that he's doing this because he needs help, he needs therapy, And is that just to look good for the NBA?
Speaker 3: And I wonder the.
Speaker 2: Article spot just pulled up. He's talked to the best he's talked to deep Pak Choper about this, yeah oh yeah, yeah yeah, And I wonder if he does seek out because that became the narrative, right, and again it's never a bad thing. Does Adam Silver go there? Did they break it down? Is Steve Kerr invited? Is it like a family session? I believe they work it out?
Speaker 1: Is nurkds? Is he there for a session too? Or I believe in the chop it up? I believe in therapy. I believe in bettering yourself. But much like a sex addict, much like it you meet some woman or dude in the dating scene, ladies, and if someone doesn't trust someone, they have trust issues, one nice person is not going to fix them.
Speaker 2: This deeper sept I mean, we've all had friends that checked into therapy or any kind of therapy. Right, It's like this, this guy's been binging for years and then he goes in for a few weeks. You think he's a changed man. No, it's sometimes it takes time, like he just did that just just for the for the look of it, you know, So is it for the look of it? Is it genuine? All these questions, but come to mind.
Speaker 1: I know what it goes back to like you said, if the pain in the as factor outweighs the talent Listen, Jordan Poole's not on that team anymore? Why Draymond Green? So you you've changed around your whole team to accommodate this four time champion. But is the championship status anymore? We'll figure it out. But uh, indefinitely?
Speaker 2: Huh? How about you? Definitely? Which Rich thinks is BS? What do you think, James, he'll be good?
Speaker 1: It's honestly, it's like you break up with someone, you get back together and they change for a minute, but then the truth. Do you think Draymond's done with being the guy he is?
Speaker 2: Stop it? All right?
Speaker 1: Well, hey, if you missed any of this or any of our shows, we love hanging with you guys. Over Promise, Thank you, DraftKings Sportsbook. We're getting closer to Christmas. Merry Christmas will be had a great high. We'll see you guys later a ribadreci baby.
Speaker 2: Do you in the over Promised Land? We good weekend, MH.