Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour on this Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend.
Speaker 2: What you saw that you liked you didn't like? Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock, that's our streaming partner. And yes, I am wearing green on Happy Dan Patrick's Day. You can be involved with our Bracket Challenge. There are a lot of celebrities who will be involved the Bracket Challenge live right now on Fox Sports Radio dot Com. Alex Ovechkin is in the Bracket Challenge, of course he is. We have Brian Cranston, the actor, Josh Dumel, Rebecca Lowe from the Premier League, Mark Sanchez, Brady Quinn, Joey Vado. We also have Robert Griffin Junior, the Third, Peter Schreger NFL Network. We've invited Jason Garrett, JJ Watt, Snoop Dogg, Paul Rudd, Rob Lo. These are all Fritzy. Fritzy's not here today, he's out for the next couple of days. Dylan in his chair, but he loves this. He loves He'll be like, can I reach out to whoever I want to? I say yes, And usually you'll get a couple of weather casters, of female weather casters locally, and uh, he'll reach out to swimsuit models. He'll reach out to actresses as well, like Jennifer Lawrence. She's never been on the show. I've never met her. And Fritzy goes, yeah, you know, who knows. Maybe, And I said, you just want to try to see if you can. He goes, yeah, I know, but you know that would be good. It's content. You always say content. All right, See if you can get Jennifer Lawrence to be in our bracket challenge. Show me your brackets, Hey, Marvin.
Speaker 3: Fritzie's motto is you miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take. I respect it.
Speaker 2: Fritzi. Is John starts in the NBA Finals against the Rockets.
Speaker 3: I mean he made two of eighteen.
Speaker 2: Is that what he was?
Speaker 3: I think it was something like that double chair.
Speaker 2: Okay. I thought he was like three for seven than teen, but he kept shooting. Yep, shooting all right. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards to the program, iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio over four hundred and ten cities that carry this program. Poll question for the final hour of the program. We will check in with the Pittsburgh Steelers to see are they waiting for Aaron Rodgers And if they don't get Aaron Rodgers, what's plan B or C or D? Yes seton?
Speaker 4: We have up there right now one of Paul's favorite poll questions, if we could make one a holiday aka a day off Monday after Super Bowl or the first Thursday Friday of the NCAA tournament. Right now, super Bowl has a fifty one percent lead.
Speaker 2: Okay, fifty one okay.
Speaker 4: We also have up there who had the best weekend? Rick Patino, North Carolina Basketball, Jamar Chase and T Higgins or other Right now, Jamar Chase and T Higgins have sixty three percent of that vote, followed only twenty two percent for Rick Patino.
Speaker 2: That is crazy, Okay, that's a renaissance, bigger East Coast story than it is. Are we in the bubble for that one?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: We are East Coast spines?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Bubba Cunningham, he's the athletic director at North Carolina. He also heads up the nc double A selection committee. No conflict of interest from what I was told, No conflict of interest. And he talked about the teams that were snubbed yesterday.
Speaker 6: The last four teams that were out for you know, it was a tough call. The next team out was West Virginia and they had an out standing year and unfortunately no Tucker debreeze was hurt and player availability is something that we talked about quite a bit, and then it just you know, Indiana was close, Ohio State was close, Boise was close, and we had a lot of conversations about those teams as well. But as I said at the onset here is that's the hardest part of being on the committee is having to draw that line. But with only one real upset this year, there were an awful lot of teams on the bubble that got in and last year, as you guys all know that we had five and so we couldn't go very deep into the to that fool.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: That's Bubba Cunningham of North Carolina as North Carolina gets into the tournament. By the way, PGA Tour's best going into the snake pit. It's the Valance Bar Championship. You can see it on NBC Golf Channel, streaming on Peacock coming up later this week and weekend. The PGA Championship is over the Tour Championship and Rory McElroy won it. Today it was a three hole playoff with JJ Spahn, so he picks up the win. Never won the Masters, and he'll head in as one of the co favorites, probably with Scottie Scheffler. I would imagine Scottie Scheffler never got it going. Did watch a lot of the tournament and got delayed yesterday with the rain and then they ran out of light and then they had to come back for the playoff today for three holes. The number one seeds you have Houston, Duke, Florida and Auburn. We had Seth Greenberg and the Mothership on. He's taken Florida to win it all. I've watched them play a couple of games, and you know, it's it's the SEC is so tough. You know, you're just Auburn in Alabama, Tennessee. It just felt like, well, they got fourteen teams in and it was a slugfest all the time. And I watched Florida and I was impressed by them, but then you're trying to compare them with other teams, and that's where it gets like Houston every year it's Kelvin Simpson. He's got another one of his. You know, they're gonna win score, you know, games with scores in the fifties. They play great defense, tough, you know all that stuff. Auburn has been in and out Number one team Duke as long as Cooper Flag is able to play, Duke is a really balanced team, you know, big and small inside and out. But you know, I watched Alabama a couple of times and Sears is great. He's a closer, and that's what you need, the guy you can go to, the guy who can pick you up when it's going bad. And really that's in any sport. But in March Madness, where you got to win six games and you just got to have that momentum and there are going to be a couple of real close games, maybe one real close game that you're going to have to win, and you might not be playing your best. Do you have that player? Do you have that coach? And I would say that March Madness it's not about the coach as much as it used to be because at Villanova is not there. You know, Patino is back and Tom Izzo coach k is not there. Roy William's not there. Bill self is still there to a lesser degree, but it used to be you filled out your bracket and you go, oh, that coach like Jay Wright at Villanova, one of the more underrated coaches in the history of the sport. That guy knew what he was doing. He knew that he could get the guy who wasn't going to go pro after one year. He knew that he was going to get a guy who would play three years for you, maybe four. He would always have a strong backcourt. He was really brilliant and understanding. You know, this is what Danny Hurley has done with Connecticut. Now not as much this year, because you take a chance with these portal guys, where you go, boy, that guy he really played well at Saint Mary's and then you bring him in you go, this ain't that you know kind of competition. Jay Wright knew what he had and went out and got those players. He was very, very specific, it felt like, and Danny Hurley did that winning those two championships. You get one or two really good recruits and then you go into the portal and he was great at doing that. And Jay Wright did that at Villanova, winning a couple of national titles tom Izzo. Tom Izzo doesn't get one and Dons. Virginia doesn't get one and dones. You know, you just have to understand who you are as a coach and get the players who fit with what you want to do. Rick Patino doesn't want freshman. Rick Patino actually, let me take him out of the equation. He could coach your team or his team. He could coach your team and beat his. He can coach his team and beat yours. That's just how good he is, yes, Marvin, But.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that seem to be the case with every you know, great coach where you just have a bunch of guys that stay three and four years. Right, maybe you put in a great one and done like an Anthony Davis or Carmelo Anthony. But for the most part, you're doing it with you know, juniors and seniors.
Speaker 5: For the part.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is why I would I said this years ago. Give me the juniors and seniors. They might not be as good, you know, in the overall picture as your freshman at Kentucky, but we can beat you. We will get you in a situation where you'll act like a freshman. And it happened almost every year I mean, wasn't it is today the day that Kentucky lost to Robert Morris in the NIT? Or does that sound right? It was like twenty thirteen, Like it was one of those where you go, what just happened? Maybe it was the NCAA, but you had these moments where freshman acted like freshmen. And I love getting those teams that have somebody who's been there before, they played together, they understand each other, and Iszo does that?
Speaker 7: Iszo is great at doing that? Yes, Pauline, Wednesday is anniversary twenty nineteen or nineteen? I checked twenty twenty three. I'm sorry, it's on the screen. Twenty thirteen, March nineteenth. Robert Morris fifty nine, Kentucky fifty seven?
Speaker 2: Was that nit? Yes? You sent an IT game?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's one of those where you go, how does that happen? Well, these kids who are just out of high school, all Americans, they probably go, this doesn't mean anything. With Robert Morris, it meant everything. But yeah, a long winded way of saying, you know, when you're filling out your brackets, what are you looking for? And I look it up? Her classmen. Now, granted, Duke, has you know young players and they could easily win this, but I still love that. I trust that team that they've been here before might not be as talented, but we've all played on the playground where you go, you know, you're you're shooting around and that one guys like, damn, he talented. And then you start to play the game and then you're like, we're beating them because if you know how to play basketball, sometimes you having ability, too much ability can be a curse because sometimes you don't try to understand how to play basketball. You can just get by with athleticism. Yes, Marvin, you just brought up a good points. Sometimes your basketball players versus athletes. That's when you see like a Joker and a Luca on the NBA level, like, oh, they can't running jump, but they could play basketball. Though I didn't ask if you could run and jump. Charles Barkley says, deer can run and jump. How about we go around the room. Best and Worst of the weekend Dylan in for Fritzie Dylan. Best and Worst of the weekend?
Speaker 8: All right, Dan, Best of the weekend. It's officially March Madness time. We got the brackets and as a gambler, that Thursday and Friday our hands down.
Speaker 2: The best days of the year. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Worst of the weekend is that JJ spaond had to wait till this morning to lose to Rory McElroy.
Speaker 2: Couldn't wrap it up yesterday, had to sleep on it. Then he got out there and he I think triple bogied the seventeenth. He put it in the water.
Speaker 8: You know, he wanted to have that over and done with yesterday. Once they went to a playoff, those thoughts start trickling in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's a great underdog story, but it felt like the network and the crowd really wants Rory McElroy to step up and be a star again. Seaton Best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 4: My best of the weekend going to the South region the number thirteen seed, your Yale Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Early Cinderella story. I don't know.
Speaker 4: They got a guard named bez Mbang, who some people are saying might be the most overlooked guard in the country, just saying throw it on there. Their play Texas A and M I.
Speaker 2: Believe that would be Mike Breams's favorite college player, bez Embangan. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna call them early Cinderella Stikay, alright, I like it, all right.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: Okay, my worst of the weekend, well, obviously West Virginia about a moment of silence for Seaton's Mountaineers, poured one out.
Speaker 2: Here we go, all right, Marvin, best and worst.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna start off with the worst. Jalen Withers of North Carolina with the lame violation when they were down by one against Duke and they lost. Best of the weekend Hubert Davis doing the press conference with Withers after he lost, with his arm around him and just being there to support him. So love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That was a feisty game. Duke blown him out. Okay, if Duke blows out North Carolina, they're not in North Carolina's not. But they came back. They could have tied the game, won the game. Paulie bestin Worst of the week.
Speaker 7: Your Cavaliers are in a free fall, Dawn. They've lost one in a row. Off the map off Carol.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, now fifty six and eleven.
Speaker 2: It's over one game losing streak. It's over. Best of the.
Speaker 7: Weekend is the baseless media speculation that Cooper flag if Duke bows out early because he can't help them out, would come back for his sophomore year. It's kind of cool to think about. There's nothing to it yet, but he is only eighteen years old and this would technically be a senior year of high school.
Speaker 2: So yeah, his brother is still in high school. His twin brother's still in high school. I thought they did everything together and he was not held back the other brother. Yeah, he's on normal pace. Yes, yes, but I mean if Cooper Flag decides he wants to come back, I mean I'm seeing where guys at Kansas State were getting two million dollars a year. I think Kansas State.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's a big transfer guy.
Speaker 2: Two million dollars.
Speaker 3: At Kansas State. Yes, how did Michael Beasley get there? Again?
Speaker 2: Got two million dollars? That wasn't nil, that was different. Like what's Cooper flagworth to do? He's worth ten million dollars?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I think, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 3: And remember he's got that new Balance shoe deal too, so he's already got a sneaker.
Speaker 2: But another year. I mean, it'd be pretty cool. If I'm his dad, I would just say, do you love this? Like you truly love this? You truly love school? You truly love being in college, Stay another year, because that's really what it comes down to. You know, we rush these kids, and maybe maybe he'll he would say, I'd like to come back if they don't win a national championship. Let's say they don't make it to the Elite eight. More likely, less likely. I'd be curious about that. All right, let me take a break. We'll check in with the Pittsburgh Steelers, because the Steelers are waiting for the Vikings, but then everybody's waiting for Aaron Rodgers. But then Rogers might be waiting for the Vikings, but not the Steelers or the Jonkers. Yes, exactly. Aaron Rodgers got a choke hold on the media right now, he'd like to have a choke hold on some members of the media. I'm sure we'll take a break check in with the Steelers after this Dan Patrick show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Easter two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together, I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino and Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Jerry Dulac has been covering the Steelers for a long time. By the way, Bill Kauer will join us on the program tomorrow. Jerry Dulac covers the Steelers for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and These Steelers Radio Network. If I asked you a month ago, what are the Steelers doing at quarterback? You would have said what.
Speaker 10: I would have said, Not Aaron Rodgers, for sure, And it was the last thing I thought they would do. I thought it would be between excuse me, Russell Wilson and Justin Fields, with a split internally in the organization as to who wants as to which person wants which quarterback, and so knowing that the offensive coordinator did not get along with Russell Wilson at the end they butted heads over how the game, how the offense should be run, and knowing that he was a big fan of Justin Fields, I thought they would lean toward that. But then the offensive coordinator doesn't trump the head coach at the GM and the owner. But there was a split there. So that's what the way I thought it would unfold. And given the age difference and the potential with what they saw from Justin Fields, I would have guessed Justin Fields. I would not have guessed waiting for Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: The Steelers don't feel Steeler, Like, right now that you bring in DK Metcalf, you don't have a quarterback. You're waiting for a quarterback that might not show up, and if he shows up, who knows what you're getting. But is there a change of philosophy, Like, it's not just hey, we went nine to eight and we had a winning season and we lose in the first round. Eventually you got to aspire to a little more than that.
Speaker 10: I would think, Yeah, you know, Dan, they've made a playoffs four the last five years, so it's not like the sky is falling and there are more bun franchised but ten and seven each of the last two years, but more significantly first round playoff exits. You know, that's eight years now without a playoff win. Mike Tomlin has now had eight one and Don Marty Schottenheimer is the only guy with more with nine. So yeah, they aspire to more. The move for Aaron Rodgers with that question, Dan is very on Steeler, Like That's why I said just a bit earlier that that was the last thing I thought they would do, would be getting involved with that guy with a lot of the you know, let's face it, strange behavior that he exhibits. But that's where they are and where you know, what they are interested in right now is the same thing they were interested in last year. That is the immediacy of trying to win a playoff game and getting back on track. It's almost one step at a time. That's the next objective. But they haven't even reached that. I will tell you this, whether Aaron Rodgers or if they feel compelled that they need to bring in a veteran through a trade, nobody's getting more than a one year deal. They are fully aware that it's time to move on and try to find try to find that franchise quarterback.
Speaker 2: Can you see them doing anything in the draft quarterback wise.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, Dan, they gave up that number two pick in the DK Metcalf, so it's either, you know, it's either number one and I don't see him going into the first round this year. But certainly they know they have to do it by next year, maybe the third round. Take a chance on a guy. If there's someone they like. I'm not going to sit here and tell you it's Jackson dart or Will Howard, but I do know they have interest in those guys and don't know if they'll be there in the third round. Maybe they have to move into the second round to do so, but I know that is certainly if it's not an urgency this year, it certainly is by next year.
Speaker 2: Would the Steeler fan base embrace Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 10: The feedback slash blow back that I've received Dan, during this whole period is I don't think anybody is thrilled to see Oh some people are, but the majority are not in favor of the move somewhat for what you referenced earlier about it not seeming like the Steeler way. The guy's forty two years old. He won five games last year with the Jets and hit the hit. You know, he had Garrett Wilson, DeVante Adams, Alan Lazard, he had much better receivers than the Steelers had. And that's what you're looking at here. So it's not like it offers a lot of promise, you know, Dan, I'll say this, Aaron Rodgers is the greatest thrower of the football that I have ever seen. But he's forty two and you know, let's face it, I think he's putting out on the eighteenth green if he isn't already finished with his round Professionally speaking.
Speaker 2: He's Jerry Dulac. He covers the Steelers for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. Steelers Radio network handicapped the rest of the division here. Let me start with the Bengals with what they did last night by tying up I was to receivers and maybe they have enough money to sign Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's going to be a big key because now you're you know, let's face you sign those two, you're going to weaken the rest of of your team. I don't blame them for what they did, but that is a lot of money tied up in a quarterback and two wide receivers, probably at the sake of the rest of your team. You know, Trey Hendrickson was the one guy on that defense that you know gave them a bit of a spark. But if you can't sign him, and if they do, now you're really hamstrung with how much money you have left. So really, are those four guys enough to challenge the Ravens. Well, I'm a big Joe Burrow fan, and there's two wide receivers, the one in particular is elite, So you know I would because of the issues right now, I'd put him ahead of the Steelers. I never would rank the Browns ahead of the Steelers because along with the Jets, to me, they're the two most dysfunctional franchises in the NFL. And you know, the Ravens are still the Ravens. So you know, if you want me to handicap it, I'd say Baltimore one, Cincinnati two Steelers three Browns.
Speaker 2: For it's always nice to have the Browns still in the division there, Jerry.
Speaker 10: Yes, it is. It means you don't have to finish in the basement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I wonder what they're going to do. Can they get squirrely and take a quarterback you know at two, Well.
Speaker 10: They would have to trade it into the round to get it, Dan, because that second round pick is gone. You know, I will tell you this, I have not gotten any sense of panic in the organization. They feel, if need be, based on what they saw the last three games of the twenty twenty three season from Mason Rudolph, that if he has to be your starter, then they will go along with that. All that being said, Dan, this is a team that always, always, always has two quarterbacks that they're ready, two veterans, and so even if they don't sign Aaron Rodgers, they have to bring in some type of quarterback with starting experienced, veterans, starting experience. Skyler Thompson isn't that guy. And so either way, even if it is going to be Mason Rudolph, and even if they draft a quarterback, they still want to have a veteran either as the second quarterback or the third quarterback.
Speaker 2: Do you think Russell Wilson is still a starter in this league?
Speaker 10: I will let me say this. He is still an option for the Steelers, but not a solid one, Dan because you know, he's down the total pole, because if he was any type of option that they seriously considered, I think they would have made that move by now. You know, I think Russell Wilson gets a bad rap. I look at what he did for those first seven games that he started, This offense average nearly twenty nine points a game, and it finally finally looked like a unit that was capable of bailing out the defense, which is exactly what he did in that game in Cincinnati when he put up forty four points, the Bengals scored thirty eight, and he threw for four to fourteen and actually outduled Joe Burrow. It was from that point on, strangely enough, where I think the headbutting began with the coordinator and we know what happened. I'm not saying that's the reason, but they lost their last five games. So I think Russell Wilson can be an effective starter, but he's certainly not a guy who I think in the short term, but I don't think you're going to bring him in think he's going to be your quarterback for the next two or three years.
Speaker 2: Can Mike Tomlin survive another ten and seven first round exit or you know, sometimes both say both sides say, maybe you know, we've gone as far as we could go. So I don't know. The Steelers don't fire coaches, But can he survive that scenario?
Speaker 10: I think he could survive another ten and seven. I think he can survive nine and eight. They gave him a three year extension. He's good through twenty twenty seven. And I've always gotten a sense Dan that you know, it's up to Mike Tomlin if and when he feels maybe I've had enough. You know, all this none of this debate is about whether Mike Tomlin is a good coach. We know that. It's about how much longer are you going to continue to watch the same thing before you think, hey, you know what, maybe we just need a change. And it's no reflection on whether Mike Tomlin is a good coach or not.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you as always, Thank you, Jerry, Yeah, Dan, you got a good being with that's Jerry Dulek. Then with the Steelers a long long time. Bill Cower will join us on the program tomorrow. Yeah, it's Unsteeler like that. You don't know who your quarterback is and you're waiting for Aaron Rodgers. How much does that solve? Can you get two years out of him? What are those two years going to look like? Do you want a guy who may not want you? Like that guy wants the Vikings or he would have gone to the Steelers already or the Giants.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the Steelers right now are a perfect example of what happens when you take one wrong guy and like the dominoes that happened after that, when you're looking and you think Kenny Pickett's going to.
Speaker 4: Be the guy and then he's not, and you're like, oh crap, well we thought he was going to be the guy. Now we got to find this other guy who wasn't the guy, and then another guy who wasn't the guy, and we're still trying to find that guy. And we're not used to not having the guy. You know, one wrong pick and all of the you're just kind of spinning your wheels looking for a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's looking for their quarterback. They think they find their quarterback and then they re you know, Tennessee, Tennessee. They were warning signs, don't take that quarterback. But you know, you get caught up in you fall in love, and you know that's what's dangerous. These teams will fall in love with somebody.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Johnny Manziel blew away the Browns in his interview. They were like, this guy is unbelievable. And he went in and if you've been around Johnny, yeah, I could see him. He'd go in there and he if you're old enough to remember, leave it to beaver. Eddie Haskell. Johnny Manziel was Eddie Haskell. He'd come in and hello, mister and missus. Cleaver is Wallace at home, and then he'd go up there and Eddie was a knucklehead. That was Johnny Manziel, he could get in the door. Yeah, you didn't want to know what he was doing upstairs.
Speaker 7: Yes, Paul I just went back and looked at that twenty twenty two draft where Pittsburgh took Kenny Pickett. He was the only quarterback to be drafted in round one, in the second round. The only quarterback. There's no quarterbacks drafted in round two, round three was Desmond Ritter. So in the first two and a half rounds, two quarterbacks. That's an ultimate anomaly in this NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't need to take a quarterback if it's not the right quarterback.
Speaker 7: There wasn't one dude on earth who could be a first rounder.
Speaker 2: But there's only one maybe this year, maybe two that are going to be drafted in the first round. For the emphasis, the importance, the amount of money that's attached to that position. We still have teams that can't draft quarterbacks or how many teams have quarterbacks? Where you go, I don't know, right, And then that draft Rock Perdy gets taken is the last pick mister irrelevant and he's going to be making fifty million dollars a year, And you would have thought Kenny Pickett going to the Steelers with Mike Tomlin and that organization, and you know there's no turnover there that you would have a guy who would have the consistency year in and year out to develop, and he never did. But that's why, I mean, franchises are affected, you know, either really and such a like Jalen Hurts. Look at what he was with the Eagles. They had Carson Wentz MVP candidate, and they say, let's get Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 3: Yes, Marv, why do you always look at me when you mentioned Kenny Pikett?
Speaker 12: Dang you did?
Speaker 2: I did? I did.
Speaker 3: I could feel Dylan and seating behind me just staring at.
Speaker 2: Me, giggling.
Speaker 4: Just don't know how to relate to that anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Seaton's hands are massive compared to yours. Pause, Yes, God, there's nothing worse. Hey, Marvin Oll, you want to hide by hell, not one to high five from you. You're my least favorite. I just want to measure your hands. My bad. You're right, I do look at you when I when I say Kenny Pickett, I do look at you in your hands and I apologize. You did it like twice? I know, I did, I did, I did. That's bad I'm sorry. Corey in Kansas City. Hi, Corey, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Top of the morning, mister Patrick, to you and the boys seat and Marv bu Tank forever, guys. Two things. One, last week, you guys were having some friend with firm and university. I don't know if you guys have ever heard of a Friends University of Central Kansas, which has since been changed just to Friends University.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I got that one. It's where you put that on your jersey, the initials ah, Nick and Irvine. Hi Nick, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 12: Danny Nan from southern California, you cannot there's nothing good about green really.
Speaker 13: But you know I'm wearing it.
Speaker 3: Don't like to be pinched.
Speaker 12: The best of the weekend, Uh, Goddess gotta give it to the Tigers in Tokyo shutting out the Cubs and the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Back to back days.
Speaker 12: That was very impressive. The second best of the weekend is how hyped everyone is here in California, especially so Cow with the Lakers. No one's going to beat the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Day and you know it?
Speaker 12: And uh and.
Speaker 2: Does anybody want to do a pie? Of the face with Nick. Nick says the Lakers are winning the NBA title. Yes, boy, yeah, not anti Lakers all right?
Speaker 5: Nick?
Speaker 2: Uh, do you want to do a pile of the face. You got the Lakers winning the title? Yeah, I got the Lake winning the title.
Speaker 12: Do a pie to the face?
Speaker 2: Sure, whatever that is, and I will.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the Lakers and the Dodgers Dodgers. Here's the stat of the day for you. The Dodgers have improved more than any defending World Series team in history thirty three point seventy five percent, according to Nick's stats. And it's unbelievable how much better the Dodgers are. And it's going to be outstanding. I predict fifteen wins for sho heo TONI. That's over under fifteen wins right there. Anyone want to do a pile of the face.
Speaker 2: Anybody want to? Marvin? Marvin will take the under on that show Hall does under Marvin?
Speaker 3: Yes, really, starting pitchers pitch what five and a half innings?
Speaker 2: Nick, you got two pies to the face. So you got the Lakers winning the title and show heyo Tony winning at least fifteen games. Marvin took the under. Paulie and Seaton took the field against the Lakers. I mean, I gotta get Lebron back. You know, I'm not sure what the timeframe on that is.
Speaker 3: Yes, I already know what's going to happen. If the Lakers play the Nuggets, is going to be Game seven. Some Jamal Murray misses a big shot, a Jokis gets a big offensive rebound. Because they don't have any size that I'm calling it.
Speaker 2: Oh, y are that's it? Okay? Wow, last call for phone calls. What we learned, what's in store tomorrow, They's stay in sports history, all of that.
Speaker 1: Right after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 2: Bagpipes came in earlier today. Paulie goes, I'd like to try to play the bagpipes. I said, all right, we'll see if we can ask one of the guys if you can blow on his bagpipes. And so had the band in here they were playing. Paulie, how was it?
Speaker 7: It's quite complex. You have just holding the apparatus. There's a bunch of stuff. You have to have two hands on the holes. You have to fill up the bag of air every couple seconds and then use your arm to press it out. I'm not exactly a cardio guy on a good day. I was barely to get any audio out of it.
Speaker 2: But you did make some noise I did, thankfully their noise drowned out your noise. Correct. But yeah, they came in bagpipes. They're yearly visit here to the man Cave.
Speaker 7: I would have picked any of those guys for being great cardio people, either by looking at them up and down. But no, they said they have to march and do this. Yeah yeah, I mean they're not iron men.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not like a triathlon, and they're making it seem like, yeah, how about if you walked up a hill with this? Yeah, okay. I wouldn't want to challenge them at the bar, but as far as a cardio contest, I think I could hold my own there. Yes, Dylan, I's gonna say it.
Speaker 8: It turns into cardia depending on how many drinks you've had that day, because all of a sudden, walking with bagpipes is actually pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: You know, these guys wear their kilts and some don't wear anything underneath it, as McLevin found out the hard way a couple of years ago. I think he was lying on the floor and all of a sudden one of the guys came over and showed his bagpipes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they all had to like march over him. I think he lost the bet and they had to lay on the ground and they all marched over him, traumatizing.
Speaker 2: I had a guy described a guy have he was wearing short shorts and one of his testicles popped out, and he says, yeah, the guy one of his chandeliers fell out in the ballroom or there was something like I'd never heard the expression, but it was something like that, that one of his chandeliers fell out in the ballroom. I'm like, okay, I'll take your word on that. Let's see. Uh Jim in Michigan, Hi Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: I second time caller. I was listening to you guys talk about shows you like to watch on cable whatever. My granddaughter got me involved with a show called squid Games. Oh yeah, Korean product, and I was it blew my mind. It was pretty squirrely. I'm not used to that kind of violence.
Speaker 13: But it was.
Speaker 14: I thought if anybody, you guys wouldn't know about it.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, yeah, yeah, that's you know, a couple of years ago that came out. That was a big deal. Red Light green Light. That was hell of the show. That's all you needed to watch. I was hooked. The other shows that have followed up didn't really gather my interest much. But the first season of Squid Game pretty well, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 8: Then they made a second season. Yeah, they came out recently. They didn't watch that.
Speaker 2: No, it was the same guy who won, and then he comes back because he wants to take down these people.
Speaker 8: I feel like that was kind of a one and done season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was amazing the shock value there. Season two is good.
Speaker 4: It's just a different experience because he's going through it the second time and so are you. Yeah, and so the way that it keeps like sort of the first season, it keeps ramping up and getting more and more terrible. It doesn't quite have the same effect, but they don't. They don't really try to duplicate it either.
Speaker 2: Frankie in Milwaukee, Hi, Frankie, Hey, I'm just calling.
Speaker 13: In to say how important I think it is for Aaron Rodgers to be of Minnesota Viking. And my rationale is it's been fifty eight years and a rookie quarterback has never won the Super Bowl, So I think their only shot is to get Aaron Rodgers on board.
Speaker 2: But JJ McCarthy would not be a rookie. This would be his second year, Mahomes his first year as well. He wasn't injured this day in sports history, Paul, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 7: Just a couple Two thousand and three, jose Canseco was released from jail a brawl in a night club, shockingly, and he was sentenced to two years of house arrest.
Speaker 3: And then two.
Speaker 7: Thousand and five, staying with the theme, several MLB players spoke about steroid US to the House Government Reform Committee. Mark McGuire, jose Can Sing, Sammy Sosa, Raffie pal Marrow joined the hearing.
Speaker 2: I remember that morning. I was at ESPN and I was talking to Mark McGuire's agent and I said, what's Maart going to say? We said, you know, we have we what we need to say. You know, we have a game plan, and the game plan was I'm not here to talk about the past, and I wish you would have run that by me and just said, you know, we're just going to say we're not here to talk about the past, because I would have said, don't do that, don't do that. But I mean, you had Rafael pal Marrow in there waving his finger. Who would have thought that Conseko was the only honest guy up there? This day in sports history, nineteen ninety nine, Blue Jays manager Tim Johnson was fired. You know why he was fired? So it's not even baseball, you know, it's spring training. He admitted that he made up war stories from Vietnam that he used to fire up the team. And he made him up. Dah, I mean it's baseball. You need to fire up your team. That football win one for the gifference. Yes, I remember ANUM sixty eight, like what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Dag that is.
Speaker 2: You know like Giorgio Leary he lost dout on the Notre Dame John that he lied about his resume. Who's uh, Brian the news guy Williams. Brian Williams, didn't you lie about being shot down in a helicopter? He shot at?
Speaker 7: He said, as helicopter was shot at. And during the investigation into it, they actually used audio and subpoenut audio from our show when Brian Williams is on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh I didn't know.
Speaker 7: The investigators asked for audio from Brian's appearance on our show, where he also referenced it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, let's go around the room. What we learn in the program? Dylan is in for Fritzie. What did you learn today? Dylan?
Speaker 8: I learned that there is a friend's University and it is in Central Kansas.
Speaker 2: Seaton O'Connor got some pie bets coming, Yes we do. Marvin, what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: You compare Johnny Manziel to Eddie Haskell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're old enough to remember, leave it to beaver, Paul.
Speaker 7: Dylan kind of smells like Saint Patrick's day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you wear that outfit yesterday?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: I actually didn't. This is afresh then, okay, afreshy afreshye okay, Marvin Wood and I learned today?
Speaker 3: You learned that Dylan didn't wear that yesterday.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you. Have a great day, everybody,