Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and Jettie and no Hee arm Strong and Jetty.
Speaker 2: What they're telling the American people is that none of this would occurred if ICE just would have ignored their authority and the mandate given to them by members of Congress to go in there and remove dangerous individuals and other individuals from these communities. And so they're actually saying law enforcement and the ability to carry out lawful orders is what has caused this. I think that is a crazy position instead of putting the fault where it lies, which is you've got violent opportunists and the others that are taking advantage of the situation and going in there and causing a lot of violent activity.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty cool a name he's got there, that's Chad Wolfe, former DHS secretary. I don't think anybody, including me could have named him as a former DHS secretary. He was for a cup of coffee at the end of the Trump administration anyway, saying it's crazy to say that there'd have been no unrest if LA hadn't if Ice hadn't gone in So just ignore the law and let LA violate the law. We'll just give you a pass because you said you don't care. So what are we gonna do? And well, if you're going to enforce the law, you go in there and it turns into this. So I agree, how are.
Speaker 4: You gonna get around this? You're either going to enforce it or not.
Speaker 3: That is a bizarre point of view.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a fair amount of punditry here.
Speaker 1: Never arrest anybody. There will be no resisting arrest.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that is exactly what they're saying. That's a well summarized got some Republicans, got some Democrats that are going to weigh on this, all riughly roughly with the same.
Speaker 1: Take.
Speaker 3: Here's Britt Hume on Fox is their senior political correspondent, and I think he's very fair about Trump, very critical sometimes, but this is to the whole.
Speaker 4: These are peaceful protests, which number And.
Speaker 5: The other thing about this I don't understand it is I mean, people can look at this and tell when he says these are peaceful demonstrations, well.
Speaker 1: Some may be, but a lot of them are not.
Speaker 5: And you know, people do not approve of chunks of concrete and rocks being thrown at cars. They don't approve of cars being set on fire, don't approve against violence against law enforcement officers. And make no mistake about it, it's not the federal authorities that are federal troops that are in there that they're being attacked. It's the it's the local police. And this this talk by Nancy Pelosi, the governor, Kal Governor Knwsom and others, Karen Bass the mayor, gives every appearance that they are on the side of these violent protesters. I think that's a tear a look for Democrats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Brett Hume says, I have seen some things, but this is politically insane to be on the side of the protesters on this For the Democrats, I would agree. Okay, well, you say he's a Republican. How about Dan Turntine. You might not know his name. He's a big wheel Democratic strategist. He's the D that Mark Alprin has on his video cast every night. He has Sean Spicer as the R strategist. This guy Dan Tarantine as the D strategist. He's always on the side of lefties. But this is what he said yesterday.
Speaker 6: Politics, the optics of this are horrific. You have a major city in your state with people who are here illegally not waving American flags, waiting Mexican attacking the US property, federal officials, police cars, lighting them on fire locking highways, and that's what you're protecting. It says to the rest of the country, like these are our values. This is one where are.
Speaker 3: He pay with a Democratic strategists just beside himself. He goes on for some time about how awful this is, as they're trying to dig out of the hole of having lost the last election to be on the side of the attacking police waving Mexican flags right right. And I would say, the more you drill down into the chance, I mean, what's no ice, no KKK, no fascist USA. What percentage of Americans hear that and say, yeah, we don't want that? And what percentage say you people are radical scumbags, we don't want you A round?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't remember which pun did I heard make this point yesterday? But the George Floyd thing, as awful as it was, and most of us who are law and order of all stripes, didn't think that was okay. But at least you looked at the George Floyd video and thought, well, I can see why they're mad. Most of America is not looking at this and saying, oh, I can see why they're upset.
Speaker 1: You're here illegally.
Speaker 4: You gotta go, is what most of America thinks.
Speaker 3: So you're on the wrong side of it in every way, substance, method, tactic, everything. Here's John Miller of CNN. I don't know as politics. We all know where CNN is usually is a former FBI guy talking about who's doing this stuff.
Speaker 7: The law enforcement who already know who the You can call them anarchists. Some of them call themselves anarchists, you can call them agitators.
Speaker 1: They already know who they are.
Speaker 7: Their specialty in these things is taking the people who are there to protest for the actual cause, and then bringing their groups together and basically hiding in the middle of the crowd, egging people onto violence or committing acts of violence, and then going back into the crowd.
Speaker 1: They are opportunists when.
Speaker 7: They see a chance to confront the government, confront authority, and attach themselves to one of these issues.
Speaker 3: So Pam Bondi issued an indictment yesterday on one dude who seemed to be the ring leader of throwing cement at the police over the weekend, big junkson cement and his mask slipped down at one point, and with facial recognition technology, which scares the hell out of me, they figured out who he was very quickly. They know he is, They've already raided his house. They're going to find him. I can't believe over all these years that we haven't like really nailed down the ring or the group or the organization of these people that John Miller was just talking about. And I understand, at least in theory free speech concerns if it's a political movement or you know, they're having legitimate protests, But these we're talking about shipping pallets of bricks around. You remember during the George Floyd thing there would be mysteriously appeared pallets of bricks ready to be thrown through windows. Who bought the bricks, who shipped them? Where's the trucker all of that. Why is the FBI not on this?
Speaker 4: I don't know. And these are people who they believe in the whole.
Speaker 3: Propaganda of the deed idea, going all the way back to Black Hand and Franz ferdinhand just the idea of this is our this is our way of protesting violence, killing people, destroying things whatever. In addition to the Marxists just want to destroy society and the anarchist I don't quite understand anarchy. I've read a lot about it. I don't get it how it holds together as a philosophy. It just doesn't. It's ridiculous, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: So I'm not missing anything.
Speaker 8: No, No, I've tried and tried, and it just no, there's no there there. You get to the end of the rainbow and there's just chaos.
Speaker 3: If you're ever in Seattle, walk up the hill from the Pipe Place Market or the original Starbucks.
Speaker 4: You walk up the hill.
Speaker 3: There's a little bookshop there that is the number one anarchist bookstore in America. And I've sat in there and read the books and just tried to understand what the hell's going It just makes no sense. But you're claiming it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: So no, it's a fantasy anyway.
Speaker 4: Is it just like a slightly more.
Speaker 3: Cerebral version of I'm spray painting this wall because I'm mad at the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's fair.
Speaker 8: I understand it as a philosophy. It's a useful mental exercise to really take a look at anarchy and the idea that any interaction which isn't voluntary is improper.
Speaker 1: Outside of the obvious, if.
Speaker 8: You're trying to murder me, I'm going to hit you in the head, and that's involuntary on your part, certainly from your point of view. But and it helps to understand the proper encroachment of order upon liberty, in my opinion. But like as something to strive for, No, it's looney tunes. It ignores all of human activity from the moment we emerged from the primordial ooze.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, a couple more things I'll read and than an ultimate point that I'll make, and then I will shut up about this because I find the whole thing just really quite fascinating. Here's US Senator John Fetterman, Democrat, Pennsylvania. I unapologetically stand for free speech, peaceful demonstrations, and immigration. But this is not that. This is anarchy and true chaos. My party loses the moral high ground when we refuse to condemn setting cars on fire, destroying buildings, and assaulting law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Yes, he gets it.
Speaker 3: Here's a guy who writes for The Atlantic. I don't care if you're raising Kenosha, storming the capitol, or doing whatever this is in LA. No democracy can function when every group, an identity block, decides it as the right and moral authority to take its specific political disagreements into the streets. I've heard a number of people bring this up, and I think it's actually true.
Speaker 1: We have a.
Speaker 3: What protests are problem in this country that stems from the sixties, because it was a just cause with a good re result that almost all Americans agree in civil rights, you know, ending up where they were supposed to end up one hundred years earlier, black people finally being able to vote, go to school, all these different sorts of things. But because of those protests, and a lot of them violent and you know, often violence on the side of the cops with fire hoses and dogs. But because of those protests, we kind of got in our bloodstream this idea that that's what protesting is.
Speaker 4: But that's not what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to.
Speaker 3: Be a very very orderly, get a permit, march with signs, try to register voters for the next go around of election.
Speaker 4: Write some legislation. That's what the process is supposed to be.
Speaker 3: But because of the success of the sixties protests, we've kind of just got it into our heads, or some people have that this is what you do all the time.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: A couple of principles, the second of which was new to me the other day. But the first is, just because you're angry doesn't mean you're right. People are angry and wrong all the time. Do not assume that because somebody is chanting and yelling they are correct. They may well not be. And the second thing is, and there's probably a formal name for this, but the idea of it is we unconsciously measure the righteousness of a cause by the extremeness of the protest. For instance, among certain people, there is an assumption that if Hamas is going to slaughter a bunch of Jews, rape the women, murder the babies, et cetera, take hostages for years plus, murder them, hold onto their bodies, that must be I can assume safely because the horrors perpetrated against them are are commensurate. Right, right, that, And it's a weird assumption we make as human beings. And there are a thousand examples of where that was absolutely not true, and religious extremism is a good place to start. But yeah, I think people, soft headed, well meaning people make that assumption all the time. These people are throwing chunks of concrete at cops because that's how bad the oppression of these poor immigrant people is. No, their anarchists want to overthrow Western civilization.
Speaker 1: There was one more thing. Oh, the one thing.
Speaker 8: That's been reassuring to me lately is having seen poll after poll after poll about this sort of thing, or men playing in women supports the rest of it, You realize, you know, everybody's been agreeing with me all along. We're like seventy five eighty eighty five percent strong, and we all got deluded, or at least some of us did, misled by the idea that the media portrayed, which is that, oh no, it's actually only a very small minority people who think we should enforce the law, and they're fascists and racists.
Speaker 3: Probably well, I would say, if you're an actual racist, or you're anti any immigration at all, like Steven Miller or whatever, you couldn't buy with money, moutchotin arrow better propaganda for your side than what I'm looking at at TV right now, big shirtless guy waving a Mexican flag throwing things at cops. You couldn't do better for your side than that, which is quite the result. Any thoughts on that text line four one nine kftcrong?
Speaker 9: In New Mexico, battery consists of the un lawful touching of another person in a route and insulent manner. So in this case, we don't have any touching of another person. New Mexico doesn't have a statue that makes it criminal for someone to mess with someone else's food or pee in.
Speaker 6: A water bottle.
Speaker 9: While the act was gross and not right, it's not a crime in New Mexico.
Speaker 4: What happened there?
Speaker 8: You got a bunch of jug peers in New Mexico, Jack, nearly three months after a sixteen year old the Rio Rancho JV baseball player admitted to peeing an imposing team's water jug during a game.
Speaker 4: During the game, how in the heck did he go?
Speaker 3: He walk around the field to the other dugout, hey look over there a bear and then grabbed their jug.
Speaker 4: Compete was that center fielder?
Speaker 8: Oh jimmy, Yeah, he's got an unbelievable arm and he can pee thirty feet. The Sandoval County District Attorney's office said it was not a crime because it was innate in the jug.
Speaker 4: Because it wasn't in a violent or indolent manner, which was the rules.
Speaker 8: Former prosecutor and current state Senator Mo Mastis disagrees. Quote, if I spit in somebody's hamburger and they take a bite, that's a battery.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know, I don't know which one's worst, but yeah, were urinating in my water jug?
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie, Well, we just had that story a couple months ago about that janitor that was peeing.
Speaker 3: In the coworker's water bottles and he got aggravated assault.
Speaker 4: Which sounds in Houston, which sounds appropriate to me.
Speaker 3: If you spit, we will not acquit. That would be my policy. If you spit, we hit. That's what Trump says. That's right.
Speaker 8: According to an email sent to parents, some students drank from the contaminated jug. The team was facing fifteen battery charges.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 8: You know, I've been sitting on a story for a long time about how New Mexico is the only Southwestern state that's not experiencing an economic boom. It's because it's so lefty and so overregulated, so completely stifling of business and liberty.
Speaker 3: Well, Michael after, because we were discussing the peeing in the drug story during the commercial break to get it set up, and Michael said, and that's a reason why you shouldn't go to New Mexico. Like New Mexico's off limits as a state because of this one little that.
Speaker 8: Seems sensible to me. I tell you what, keep your jug covered right, like being a woman at a bar. Don't believe you drink unattended, somebody's gonna pee in it, and lawless and apparently overhydrated New Mexico.
Speaker 4: How old was the kid? Do we have an age on this?
Speaker 1: I think I said he was fifteen.
Speaker 3: Sixteen, sixteen. You're getting a little on the older side for me writing it off as youthful hijinks. No, that's sociopathic.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying it is, definitely, but I would be curious to know more about the youth.
Speaker 4: I think, like twelve year old.
Speaker 3: It's still weird. I would be very unhappy if my kid didn't worry about them.
Speaker 8: But of course, you know, pranks a long part of baseball war, I mean shoe shoe pooping. I remember back when I played, that was a big thing. First go on the bat. One hundred different pranks is all in fun.
Speaker 3: The old hotfoot maybe, uh, you know, drop a deu summer sandwich.
Speaker 1: Just fun, just kids, kids, you know what.
Speaker 3: It keeps the dugout lights, keeps everybody's spirits up, you know.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you whose spirits are not up.
Speaker 8: The mainstream media right now they are getting absolutely devastated, not just because they suck, and they do suck. It's financially. We'll explain in moments, hang out if you can't stay.
Speaker 1: With Armstrong, Andy, do we have a.
Speaker 4: Brand new Gavin Newsom saying come arrest me?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, exciting, stop arresting, resisting Gavin, stop resisting.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's two days in a row. You've threatened.
Speaker 1: That would be troubling.
Speaker 8: I've what I threaten no one, sir, but the liars with my truth bombs or something.
Speaker 4: I've threatened the liars with the truth bombs. You're like accusing me on the air of threatening a.
Speaker 3: Government official, You lunatic.
Speaker 1: I just don't. You can't say that.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I'm supposed to interpret these things.
Speaker 1: Check ass.
Speaker 3: I hope You're gonna bail me out when Gavin's secret police come for me.
Speaker 1: So what was there?
Speaker 8: Was something else I was gonna saying, Oh, well, we'll have that stuff coming up. This is the brilliant Nelly Bowls of the Free Press writing about a story that was the only thing anybody was talking about for like two days. And that's one of the interesting aspects of the modern world and the twenty four hour news cycle and the chaos and madness is just when we're getting anywhere close to making sense of something or truly understanding it, five other things happen and just you move on. I'm talking about the Egyptian immigrant, Islamic supremacist jew hating anti Semite who set fire to those poor Jewish people in Boulder, Colorado.
Speaker 3: You probably remember that story from three years ago, what was it two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Or last week? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So Nelly Bowls in the Free Press rightes. Mohammed sal Egyptian immigrant, is accused of firebombing a small weekly vigilant Boulder held for the Israeli hostages. Solomon, who reportedly had a tourist visa then a work authorization under Biden, both which had expired, but it was the era of immigration. Yolos, he was in Colorado Springs having a blast, said he did it for Palestine.
Speaker 1: According to authorities, he was quite direct.
Speaker 8: Immediately getting back to Nelly, Now, given that reporters were in favor of that movement, the mainstream media had a few options to disappear this one, and they tried them all. First, they tried to make it sound like the opposite. Maybe this was an attack on a protest for Gaza. Ever considered that, and she shows the NBC News headline multiple Gaza hostage awareness marchers injured.
Speaker 1: An attack in Boulder.
Speaker 8: Gaza hostage awareness marchers.
Speaker 1: Fine, that didn't stick.
Speaker 8: What about the attacker was a lone wolf whose act had no political implications? You ever thought of how hard it is to make town squares into military grades corridors?
Speaker 1: That's the question asked.
Speaker 8: Now, she's referring to another NBC News headline, Lone wolf attacks on Jewish Americans in Boulder and DC highlight the difficulties in securing public spaces. Those insecure public spaces are the real criminals.
Speaker 1: If you ask me, she says.
Speaker 8: Others asked us to consider whether the elderly Jewish Americans Mohammed allegedly sent on fire, were truly peaceful. Here's CNN.
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow, So, oh my god, is this going to be CNN.
Speaker 3: So so many news sources have gone with what's happening in la is peaceful. Now they're going to try to claim this thing in Boulder was not peaceful.
Speaker 8: Wow, Here's CNN. A man reportedly set people on fire in Boulder, Colorado, leaving multiple individuals injured. The city's police chief said as people gathered for a peaceful pro Israeli demonstration, they put quotes around peaceful.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we're.
Speaker 8: Getting somewhere, and actually we just need to forget those charred Colorado Jews and focus on the flamethrower's family. The only victim USA Today chose to profile was the suspected molotov man's daughter quote Bolder. Suspect's daughter dreamed of studying medicine. Now she faces deportation. Yeah, very smart to keep her centered here Now we're cooking. ABC News thought it was a good peg to note that Islamophobia is the real problem, not anti Semitism.
Speaker 1: Wow, and I quote ABC News.
Speaker 8: While some politicians and pro Israeli activists have used anti Semitism as a catch all word for an alleged motive in the attack. The suspect told investigators, quote, this had nothing to do with the Jewish community.
Speaker 1: Nelly rights.
Speaker 8: Well, that clears it up, Thank you, ABC. I was worried for a sec but if it has nothing to do with the Jewish community, I'll just go ahead and stop locking my door. So, in conclusion, nothing happened. It's weird to jump to that conclusion potentially as amophobic, and if it did happen, it's not what you think. Also, do we really want to discourage doctors from Oh I'm sorry that was oh do we really want to discourage young doctors from practicing in America?
Speaker 1: Sounds anti American if you ask me.
Speaker 8: And if we get rid of the doctors who will treat the burns of the people who had a Molotov cocktail thrown.
Speaker 4: At them, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is. It is.
Speaker 8: Anyway, the media, which is earned most of the derision heaped upon them. I'm not sure they earned this, but it's just interesting. From a business perspective, news sites are getting crushed by AI for some reason. The Wall Street journalists are getting crushed by Google's new AI tools. Well, I guess, okay, I understand why.
Speaker 1: People go to Google.
Speaker 8: Still a lot of people, I guess and say what happened in Colorado Springs? And instead of getting a dozen different news sites links, it gets that AI summary.
Speaker 3: Which is what I usually read if I use Google. But now I've kind of moved on to chat GPT. Although there was a who was it? Washington Post I think broke down the four top ais out there, and they did not choose chat GPT as the best one. I forget which one they did, but that app is available.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got to dig back into that because I read a long piece that tried like six of them doing six different tasks, and the ranks changed like for every.
Speaker 3: Tax right, which is an excellent point because I am going to use it for mostly just kind of general searches. I'm not an academic or a movie maker or you know, so I don't need some of the specific stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's worth digging into. It probably changes week to week too, as they'd continue to develop stuff. But anyway, back to the damage done to the poor beleaguered media, which includes us.
Speaker 1: But although the web.
Speaker 8: Search thing doesn't really affect us at all traffic from search to huff Pose, desktop and mobile website. It's felt by just over half in the past three years. Over half, wow, And by nearly that much. At the Washington Post, Business Insider cut twenty one percent of its staff last month because of this, well everything.
Speaker 4: I hadn't thought about this, but.
Speaker 3: How many fewer news sites have I clicked on just in the last couple of months because of this? Lots and lots Yeah, fifty five percent website traffic decline between April twenty two and twenty five wow. And the problem with that is that is not necessarily good news. I mean, we don't want to starve more news outlets into even being crappier or out of existence.
Speaker 8: And depend on Google's probably woke AI to deliver our only view of the world.
Speaker 1: That troubles me a lot.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely the Internet, which is decimated local news. It just crushed the vitally important localism of media. Now it's even crushing the super giants, the national platforms. I don't know what's going to emerge out of this news wise. It's going to take a while.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 8: The one practically modernity proof news outlet, the monstrous New York Times. The share of traffic coming from organic search to the paper's desktop and mobile websites SLID is thirty six and a half percent in April twenty five, from almost forty four percent. Oh, I see, okay, so it declined like eight percent according to total percentage of their traffic.
Speaker 3: I mean, the closest thing I've got to local news in my small town, though there's still a newspaper that I don't subscribe to, is next door. And you got to wade through the Has anybody seen my cat? Or would anybody like an old sofa to get to, you know, any news?
Speaker 8: To paraphrase Willie the Gardener on The Simpsons, I.
Speaker 1: Hate your cat.
Speaker 3: Oh it's an accent, and your cat pooped to my lawn and I hate that too, hate hate.
Speaker 1: He's a Scotsman, you see, he drops the hate that he drops the h U see it's a it's a shock.
Speaker 8: What seemed like his shocking revelation is not that much so much more Monday back to you.
Speaker 4: I vote we isolate it and use it after.
Speaker 3: We have a new AI Trump, when I'm looking forward to love it.
Speaker 1: When this starts, all you get, Oh my god, what.
Speaker 3: We'll have to discuss this because I, oh, well, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: To discuss it.
Speaker 3: And hell, I'm worried about the not giving it away on some of this AI stuff and where this is headed because people are gonna think they heard that, they're going to repeat to friends. It's not gonna be good. War of the World's, et cetera. Yeah, so we'll explain what we're talking about next day.
Speaker 10: Here, my fellow Americans, it is with overwhelming enthusiasm that I am declaring that anyone who protests or interferes with ICE and their operations is officially.
Speaker 1: Gay big times.
Speaker 10: With that being said, go ahead and call your dads, tell them about your alternative lifestyle as a gay communist, and then, who knows, maybe eat a lollipop. I don't know what flamers do with that time, but I'd imagine it's something along those lines. Maybe decorated bathroom. Who knows. In either case, this is who you are now, and everybody knows.
Speaker 4: That cat's out of the bag.
Speaker 10: Kat is out of the bag.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Now that one's pretty obviously AI because of what he said, but not like partially because Trump's seltz are loose cannon. I mean you know if that was George W. Bush, you know, you know, not a chance.
Speaker 4: But wow, I I don't know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the guy who's doing those videos right now, and they're great up in the top left corner whatever it is. Towards the end it says this is AI obviously his point being, folks, you got to get hip to this.
Speaker 1: All right, it's the era of anything could be fake, get hip to what.
Speaker 8: Don't believe anything, correct, Okay, yeah, don't believe anything from any source. Oh goodie, all right, well you can believe this. This is one hundred percent authentic audio. It's time to get to know the protesters. Who are these people smashing stuff up and lighting fires and trying to assault brave police officers and chanting against ice and the KKK.
Speaker 1: What are they thinking? Let's find out.
Speaker 11: We don't agree with the term illegal. We're on documentary. We've been here for thousands of years before you guys showed up screw up everything. We think we should organize together with the US working class and fight together and create a very system. We're anti capitalists. We think socialism does work, real socialism, not Venezuela, not Cuba, not any of that craft that they try to sell us in socialism and we will leave. It would be a more humane system that will take care of most of all people's necessities.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's a lot there, Okay, there is a lot there. There are like eight different topics there. Do you want to delve into any including the classic socialism works? It just hasn't been tried in its purest form yet. Though he's gets distorted by somebody, surely he firms up his argument.
Speaker 2: Here, is there a country we can look to to kind of model the socialism idea?
Speaker 11: The only model would be Soviet Union. In the first four years after that it became a mess. Sadly there was a bureaucrat leadership that grew out of that. But it has to do mainly with the attacks of the US and all big powers against That's the that was working, and a few years that it lasted, they showed the world that it could do much better than capitalism.
Speaker 3: All we gotta do is hang one thousand kulaks. Lennon said, for somehow, for whatever reason, that early period of the Soviet Union got away with being no that worked. That was the gens in Stalin took over. That things got bad, and yeah, Okay, no, wow, I feel like, can I sum it up the strength to even respond to that argument.
Speaker 8: It's like that whole no socialism hasn't been done right yet. If you do it right, it's I put it right up there with fashioning shoes out of sliced salami. Just hasn't been done right.
Speaker 3: If you use sausage casing as the laces, salami shoes.
Speaker 1: Could really work. Oh.
Speaker 4: I feel like a hot summer day that would get a little gamy.
Speaker 3: People still arguing that no, no, no socialism will work. Oh good lord. You know, rather than argue this because there's no point. Maybe the important thing is, like you say, a lot of these people on the streets or you know, or Marxist or Communists or whatever, they actually.
Speaker 8: Believe that as yeah, yeah, what's compare and contrast? I think this might be useful. This is a woman, I think she makes it clear herself is a lawful immigrant to the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Michael, I am.
Speaker 12: A legal immigrant, and I want to tell you something. I'm discussed by what people from other countries like Mexico are doing right now in my new country. I came from Mexico. I came legally I have work all my life here to get what I have. I didn't come here to get something from the government. I came for an opportunity and I got it, and I have the American dream. What about all of those people protesting in California and New York? What are they doing? They are burning the city. If you don't like to be deported and you want to stay here, you have to have your best behavior, not the worst behavior. You think that we want you here with that behavior of burning cars, burning the entire city. Why and for the people that are defending these violent attackers, people that don't deserve to be here, Shame on you. You are waiving the flag of another country that your love go. You don't need to be here, you don't deserve to be here, You don't deserve another opportunity in this country because apparently you don't love this country like I do, So go away.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't understand why that nuance doesn't seem very complicated. Isn't more prevalent in the Democratic Party? Lots Hispanics don't like illegals either.
Speaker 8: Boy, that little gallant pinata on those socialist scumbags, didn't she love that, absolutely love that you know, we we haven't talked about San Francisco.
Speaker 4: You're you're pretty.
Speaker 3: You like you got a little little little shot of endorphins out of that, didn't you? What the whole pata thing you was a useful metaphor. You're feeling good about yourself.
Speaker 8: So the protests set spread to San Francisco, testing the resolve of the new mayor, who's doing a fabulous job. Daniel Lourie ran as a moderate Democrat, and he's cleaning up the street as fast as they can. So thousands of people march for miles Monday night before police declared an unlawful assembly around ten o'clock. Contingent refused to disperse, appeared to resist arrest, and were met with force by the SFPD.
Speaker 1: Shout out to our friends in the San.
Speaker 8: Francisco Police Department, who warned they would deploy chemical agents, batons and projectiles and if anyone else tried to flee, sticks and.
Speaker 1: Listen into this.
Speaker 4: I have I had a friend in college.
Speaker 3: You got in fights a lot of He always said, nobody's tough in a stick, distracting me that and that statement came after about one hundred and fifty arrests by San Francisco police on Sunday, more than double the number reported by the cops in LA.
Speaker 8: The takeaway so far the city is seeing a new era era the City of San Francisco. Awesome, Dan Lourie ain't putting up with that. S love it.
Speaker 3: Way to go, mister Mayor. You have our full support. I'm just curious at what you're laughing at, Katie. What what struck you as funny in our conversation. I'm trying so hard to put it down, but what time sticks?
Speaker 4: Well, musk.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm pro stick. I am pro stick when it comes to law and order. If you have to, if you have it to last resort. He's got some juiced Yeah, damn it.
Speaker 1: I did stick.
Speaker 3: If you miss a segment, we do four hours every day. If you miss a segment an hour, get the podcast. You should subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 1: I had some good advice right there.
Speaker 4: Well done, Armstrong and Getty