Speaker 1: Madness Show, Badays.
Speaker 2: Minnesota Tim, Jake's Takes Madness.
Speaker 3: It is Jake's Takes Time. On a Thursday morning or whenever you are listening to this podcast, it is Minnesota Tim and Jake's Takes Day. We know this is your favorite day of the year because this is a segment that Jacob has created and we have been following for years. It's time for Favorable, Formidable, and fifty to fifty, where we run through each game of the Minnesota Vikings schedule and predict if the outcome is favorable, formidable or fifty to fifty. But first, because I like to be a gentleman, even to my fellow men, Jacob, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: I've been good. Like you said, it's the biggest day of the year. It's the opening of the NFL season Chiefs Lions tonight. It's the opening of school in Lichfield. So I gotta see one hundred and thirty students today.
Speaker 1: And it's on the Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, we do. We have like conferences the first two days, so technically the first day school was Tuesday, and.
Speaker 1: Teacher parent conferences the first two days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like premium, so like get yeah, get to know your conferences in the school, especially for the fifth graders right because they're going from an elementary school to the middle school, so they get to like walk around the building without anybody really there. So it's for them. It's really nice. For the older grades, I you know, it's not probably as big of a deal, but it's a good way to get two school days out of the way without actually having school, so because it counts. So yeah, so that's that's today, or that was that's two days, so now it's actual school today. And then it's the opening of the middle school football schedule, the first game today, so it's just that all everything is today.
Speaker 3: When I was preparing for this podcast, my first thought was, I cannot wait to hear Jacob's offensive playbook for the Lichfield Dragon's middle school football team. And we can get to that next week. Yeah, Game one recab after the game, so we can hear how the game went, what they play calls were, to hear the the details, because I mean, you're a game tape guy, you know, you know you're you're just deep diving into the all twenty two middle school football man.
Speaker 2: Yep, we'll just leave you. We'll just leave you with this cliffhanger. If we beat and All tonight, I think the score has got to be like six to zero.
Speaker 1: Hey, win to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this group they I think they only won one game in Tiger game last year, but every other game they only lost by one score. So we could definitely flip that. You know, it's the kind of team that we could win five games, we could win one game and just it's gonna be the details. So we'll see how we are on those little details. Those drive killers. I've been talking a lot about that this week. Can't have the drive killers, right, the fumble that turned you know, fumbled snaps, so now it's second and seventeen. We ain't converted seven second and seventeen very often, right, you know, miscommunications, wrong routes, not knowing you man, that's to be detail oriented? Is that was our focus this week?
Speaker 1: So are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Like like that sounds like what an NFL coach would say before their game.
Speaker 1: Still, we've got to win the turnover battle. Yep.
Speaker 2: Maybe if you have nothing to talk about one of these weeks, you can just do a press conference, fake press conference.
Speaker 1: Seriously, we might have to not because it's amazing to talk about but just for fun.
Speaker 2: Well, we always have to talk about Yea, it might be a good bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be great. So let's do this.
Speaker 3: Let's start the Minnesota Vikings predictions. Game one on Sunday, September tenth, versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a twelve o'clock kickoff on CBS M Baker Mayfield's the starting quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Favorable in my opinion.
Speaker 2: I also have favorable. Yep, we'll talk a lot about it. The schedules one of the hardest. I look the exact raining. Most people have it in the top it's like the top five I think for strength of schedule this year, like the rankings, I don't know. There's we'll get to it. There's there's a lot of games that I don't see as uh, super formidable, but there's a lot of like fifty to fifty games that could you know. Again, it's kind of like our Lichfield dudleical team.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I can see this Vikings team having double digit wins, but if the wheels fall off a little bit, things don't go their way, it could go south. So yes, if they're going to be a formidable team themselves. They got to have the bucks at home. That's got to be a win.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will share more later on my expectations for the Viking season, but I think you'll feel it out as as it goes on.
Speaker 2: So we're both at one to know, right.
Speaker 1: Want to know here we go? Want to know? Here we go?
Speaker 3: Game two Thursday at Philadelphia, seven fifteen on Prime Video, which is everybody's favorite.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I mean, you've got to go formidable on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no ski out Thursday night at Philadelphia. I think last year we had this exact same game. We got our butts kicked. So yeah, it's formidable. Defending Super Bowl attendees for the NFC, right, the NFC champs from last year, I mean, not impossible to win, but yeah, you can chuck that one up as a loss.
Speaker 1: Last year.
Speaker 3: Kirk Cousins threw like three picks in this game, three terrible interceptions. One of them was on Justin Jefferson, and I think we got crushed like twenty four to seven. The score might have been a little closer. Well, it would have been a little closer. There's no doubt in my mind. If Kirk Cousins didn't throw three interceptions while we were in scoring position in every single one of them. Okay, so we're one and one for both of us. Game three got a little bit of a break. Sunday, September twenty fourth, versus the Los Angeles Chajes, twelve pm off on Fox. Oh, this is a tough one. I'll say fifty to fifty. I'm gonna I'm gonna be a wost since say fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's being a whist because the Chargers weren't great last year. They have some guys right, but they always have a lot of injuries. They have yet to kind of put it all together, so I think they're very They're kind of like a the Vikings of the AFC a little bit where they have a high ceiling, but they also have a low floor. So I think they're a fifty to fifty game. Since it's at home, I think Kirk Cousins outduels them a little bit, and you know, it's probably gonna be a high spring game, but the Vikings get it done.
Speaker 3: Since it's okay, so you're gonna go two and one, two and one, Okay, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: One and two.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a bad feeling.
Speaker 1: It's a fifty to fifty game.
Speaker 3: I have a bad feeling about the Vikings Chargers game. I mean, Justin Herbert's a beast and like, like you said, they were a playoff team last year, but they had one of the worst meltdowns ever against the Jacksonville Jaguars. They're not the most best, but they're not the best coach team in the NFL. The Chargers, you know, their coach is kind of always on the hot seat, new offense coordinator Kellen Moore. So yeah, there's a lot of there's a lot to like about the Chargers, and there's the roster when you look at it up and down, is just stacked, Like there's no reason why they shouldn't be one of the top AFC teams, but somehow every single year they underachieved. So Week four at Carolina, new rookie quarterback number one overall pick Bryce Young versus Adam and Adam Thielen on the Carolina Panthers twelve o'clock came on Fox. I will say favorable in this one.
Speaker 2: Favorable as well.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, even if it's a road game, you gotta be a rookie quarterback like Bryce. The defense is solid, but offense is not. So take care of business.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's gonna be an easy win though, in my opinion, I just I don't think it's gonna be a go to Carolina. You take your business, you crush them by ten.
Speaker 1: To twenty points. I see that as a field goal game, mhm.
Speaker 2: And honestly we saw it last year, right. But a lot of the Vikings games I think will be dicey, right. I don't think the forum is going to change that much from last year where we're gonna just blow people out. I think the way we saw it last year with a lot, I mean, eleven to one score games is a lot, but probably won't have that many. But you know, there's still gonna be probably five, six, seven, eight, and we'll just see what kind of we were eleven and o last year. We'll see if we stay with a favorable record, probably not perfect again, but at least if we can stay above five hundred with those, we should be an okay shape.
Speaker 3: So Week five at home versus Kansas City a three to twenty five start on CBS, so that's probably a Jim nance Tony Romo game.
Speaker 1: I will say formidable.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's an easy one. Obviously, best team in the league. Pat Mahomes, Yeah, probably a loss. That's what I marked it day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you would think Travis Kelcey would be back by that game. Who knows if he's going to be one hundred percent healthy because of his hyper extended knee, could be out on Thursday Night Football versus the Lions.
Speaker 1: But I also.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't put it past him at all if he played against the Lions on Thursday Night Football because Kelsey just seems like one of those rough and tough guys that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Go on the football field with a broken leg.
Speaker 3: That's just kind of like the the uh, the thought that I have when I think of Travis kelce So I got the vikings at two and three through Week five. You have the vikings at three and two.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm h correct Week six.
Speaker 3: At Chicago twelve o'clock game on Fox. This is a tough one. What do we expect from the Chicago Bears this year? Justin field is a big question mark. Can he throw the football? Obviously, he can run the football like none other. The vikings historically have struggled at Soldier Field. The Chicago Bears have a new wide receiver, DJ Moore. I say, the Vikings have to have this game because of what's coming up. So I'm gonna say favorable Vikings are three and three after Week six.
Speaker 2: Yep, I agree. The only aspect I would maybe tweak with that would be I have it as a fifty to fifty though, just because at Soldier Field, regardless of when or where or how right, I just and at Chicago game is always, almost always, almost always gonna be a fifty to fifty game. So I did put as a fifty to fifty game. I'm just checking I win totals here once. I got one, two, three, four, so that'd be a dub yep, yep double when I mean.
Speaker 3: Let's go, okay, Week seven, Monday Night Football versus San Francisco again, another team that's kind of a question mark on Monday Night football. Rock Party was amazing in seven games last year. But I'm going to say formidable.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, see I put I went fifty to fifty just because there's obviously the defense there. I mean, their Nantcy favorites, so this might be a little Homery there's something about and market it as an l so it's one of those fifty to fifty games and actually moves. But I do think there's a little more risk to the forty nine ers than people are giving them credit for. You know, they just think rock Party, they just think Brock Party is just gonna automatically be like a top ten quarterback. It's like, I mean, as much as we love the underdog story, right, thirty two teams, right, all these professional scouts, these professional this is what they do for a living. They said this guy wasn't worth drafting for, you know, basically seven full rounds right of the NFL three.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty impact right, and I get.
Speaker 2: They could all be wrong, but think about how I mean. My point is, I don't think perty's a sure thing. Obviously he had some fire in a bottle last year. Maybe he recaptures that. I think he's somewhere in the middle. Right, He's probably not as good as he was last year, but he's probably not unstartable. So my point is, I just think there's a lot more variance to the forty nine ers than people assume there will be. The difference is they have a defense, so defense keeps you in every game. He doesn't have to be special. So I have it as a loss still, but I don't I'm not a huge forty nine Ers guy, just as in general, for like to actually win, get to the NFC Championship, win the NFC Championship, that kind of level. I think they're a good division team. Thing more, I.
Speaker 3: Would agree there's lots of risk with the forty nine ers. So defensively they're they're they're buttoned up. But offensively, besides Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, those guys are legit rock purty. He's got to prove himself.
Speaker 1: Because he's he's only done it for seven games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're two best players. I mean they miss games. McCaffrey and Samuel have not played a lot of games the last couple of years either, so it's you know, Kittle's already hurt and he's missed a lot of games last few years as well, So it's just kind of it's just risky. That's all just some risk.
Speaker 1: Then Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it, but anyway formidable for both of us, we or you said, fifty.
Speaker 2: Fifty get a loss, leaning for sure, loss and leaning. If there was like a fourth category'd be right there between fifty to fifty and formidable.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay. Week eight at Green Bay, a twelve o'clock game on Fox. I am going to say formidable in this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I am. I'm gonna say formidable in this one. I think the Packers are going to be way better than people expect. I think they are going to be the underdog in the NFC North, specifically that people are kind of overlooking because the big fancy quarterback is gone. But I believe the Packers will be way better.
Speaker 1: Than people expect this year. Yeah, unfortunately for US.
Speaker 2: Yep, I have it as a fifty to fifty, but I chalk that one up as loss. Yeah, they are the fin or like Vegas is saying they're going to finish third, right, they easily. I mean, I don't think any of the three teams that are at the top are head and shoulders above the other two. So they definitely could be or will be probably in the mix for the division title. It's just a matter of those kind of fifty to fifty games. Anytime you go to Lambeau, it's kind of scary. So I'm just marking that one as an l Jordan love. I don't think is terrible. Their defense is actually pretty good. We'll see they have two second year receivers and a rookie as their main three weapons and a rookie tight end. So that speaking of risk again, right, you have a new quarterback who's never been the starter, with two second year guys who missed a lot of time last year, and then a couple of rookies, So that part of it could unravel pretty quickly where they don't have any reliable receiving options but may not need them.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, good point.
Speaker 3: Week nine at Atlanta, a Sunday game at twelve pm on Fox. I will say favorable the Vikings rally and get a win at Atlanta, another close game.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is a blowout by any means.
Speaker 2: Yep, agreed, agreed, And yeah, we mean that four game stretch we just talked about. I mean that's a tough stretch verse Chiefs at Bears, verse forty nine Ers Packers. I mean that's those four games are all formidable or fifty to fifty. So then now it opens up for the Vikings at least in my schedule. I mean, this is the stretch they got to take advantage of. So they got to set it off with a win against the Falcons totally.
Speaker 3: Week ten versus New Orleans on Fox at twelve PM game, I will say favorable again. So I got the Vikings winning two games in a row, going five and five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always mark one because I have favorable as well. I always mark one favorable game as loss just because you're not gonna win all the games you're supposed to. So this is the one I peg because I think Derek Carr and the Saints are going to be actually not too shabby, and I think they're going to win that division. I think they're going to need to win that division. So I have them as the Saints. I always seemed to in, you know, have we have interesting games the Saints. I think the Saints are able to get it done.
Speaker 3: So I have the Vikings at five and five through week ten. You have them, I think pretty.
Speaker 2: Close before five five and five.
Speaker 3: Yep, Okay, we're both five and five through week ten, and people, I promise you we did not look at each other's records before we started recording.
Speaker 2: When we have everything like three different games that are wins the losses.
Speaker 1: So it's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Week eleven at Denver, this is the same thing for me as it was for you versus New Orleans. This should be a favorable outcome. But because I think the Vikings will lose on the road at Denver, I think it's going to be a formidable game for the Vikings. They are going to be five and six after the Denver Broncos game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't believe in the Broncos. I don't think Russell Wilson has it. I think their defense is fine, They're already missing some receivers. I think they have a running back coming off in an ACL injury. I just I think they're a year away from being interesting if they replaced Russell Wilson. I don't think the Champagne's has the magic touch. I don't think Russell Wilson's gonna suddenly look good. It's not an easy game in terms of it is at It's saying it's Sunday night football. Yep, So that's that's It's a little dicey, but I have it. I have it as a win.
Speaker 3: I think Sean Payton will rally the Denver Broncos. As much as Minnesota fans do not like Sean Payton, he is a really good head football coach.
Speaker 1: So I think that he.
Speaker 3: Will revolutionalize Russell Wilson and and make something whatever of them. Yeah, so at home Monday Night football the following week, Week twelve versus Chicago seven to fifteen.
Speaker 1: They've got a lot of national games this year, Mike, they do.
Speaker 3: I will say favorable versus Chicago.
Speaker 1: So the Vikings will be six and six.
Speaker 2: Yep, favorable seven and six. Yeah, I think we have what we have won two, three, four, We have five to start with, five national TV games. That's a lot, not counting like the Chiefs one that would probably be mostly national TV on but yeah, that three o'clock game. Yeah, but yeah, Thursday night, two Monday nights and two Sunday nights. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you have a favorable outcome for the Bears game too.
Speaker 2: Yep, seven and five.
Speaker 1: I got him at I have them at six and six.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Week thirteen is they bye week. Lots of controversy in this week. Never know what's gonna happen, so we'll just skip it. I just don't even think we can predict that it's just too tough.
Speaker 3: Week fourteen, Sunday, December tenth, at Las Vegas, a three h five start on Fox.
Speaker 1: I will say fifty to fifty with a lean towards favorable.
Speaker 3: So I will say the Vikings get it done and are seven and six after Week fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yep, I have a win as well. Another team that I don't trust. I think another team that's gonna be flirting with the bottom five draft pick. I don't think Jimmy Garoppolo is the answer. They have Devanta Adams, who's getting old. I could see him requesting a trade into the year. Josh Jacobs on a one year contract, he's gonna be gone next year. I think the Raiders are teetering very closely to a little rebuild. So I think by week you know, fourteen this season, they're going to be out of it. So I think if you play them week one, it's a fifty to fifty. If you play them week fourteen, it's going to turn into a favorable game.
Speaker 1: So good point.
Speaker 3: Week fifteen at Cincinnati, he's last year determined. I tell you what time to be determined, Television to be determined. I mean, it's nothing but formidable for this one correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yep. If the Vikings are decent, that'll be like a Sunday night game. But yeah, at Cincinnati, obviously another team that's one of the favorite teams to go to the AFC Championship go to the Super Bowl. Joe Burrow Jamar Chase, I mean, could they outdo them? Absolutely, it's possible, but yeah, it's definitely a formidable and you got to check it up as a last for now and hope for the best.
Speaker 3: My wife and I took vacation to Kentucky, to Newport, Kentucky area where you saw on Noah's Ar, We saw the Creation Museum, We walked around the Cincinnati Zoo because Newport, Kentucky and Cincinnati are like right on the border, so like you can literally walk across a bridge and be in Ohio and walk across the other side of the bridge and be in Kentucky.
Speaker 1: So I spoke with Joe Burrow a little bit.
Speaker 3: I asked him what he expects for the big Viking game. You know, since I'm in Cincinnati, why not talk to Joe a little bit? So I said, what do you expect for Week fifteen versus the Vikings? And He's like, Oh I want him. I want him bad. So I expect Joe Burrow to come out blazing versus the Vikings after our one on one conversation Week sixteen at home versus Detroit. Oh man, this is a tough one. Everyone expects the Detroit Lions to be better this year. A lot of people are hyping them Vegas. He's hyping them, And I will say, I'm going to say formidable on this one, even though it's a home game.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say formidable. I am not buying the Lions hype. But I'm like ninety five percent buying the Lions hype this season.
Speaker 2: Yep, I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: They're the technically they're the division favorite, just by a little bit over the Vikings and over the Packers. So I put as a fifty to fifty because it's home and I have it as a win. But I mean part of it is at the end of the day, like I just I struggle with how good can it be with Jared Goff in charge? Now I know Jared Goff led the Rams to a Super Bowl, but that defense was like the Rams defense was unworldly, like they were insane, and the offense had Todd Gurley like he didn't have to do. Like, I don't think the Lions defense is there. I know the Lion's defense isn't there, and even the Lions offense isn't really there maybe.
Speaker 1: Hutchinson defensively, so they've got some weapons.
Speaker 2: On defense, they're not bad. No, absolutely, they're not like a rollover bad team. I mean, I just mean the Rams were like as it as you can get on defense basically, and then on offense they had multiple weapons that were just And that's the part that they're probably the closest. Right, they have Jamior Gibbs, who might be good enough to be that difference maker. I'm on rust and Brown seems legit. It's like, offensively, sure, they're probably close to what GoF had. Defensively, they're just still short of that mark. So I just I struggled to buy the hype fully to your point, So I have as the first one has a win the home game.
Speaker 3: I noticed that your wife is about to leave, and what are the odds your phone connects connects to her car.
Speaker 2: Well, so she's taking the truck today, so when she takes the car, it's automatic. Yeah, she takes the truck. I don't know. We'll see because I don't know if she's ever left with the truck while we're doing this. That's new because we have.
Speaker 1: A little bit. Let's risk it. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 2: Well, worst case, you just edit me, just come back.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, well, let's see what happens. It's very exciting anyway, let's continue while we see what happens. Week seventeen versus Bay, I will say favorable. Another NBC game on Sunday night, I will say favorable for the Vikings in this one. So the Vikings are five hundred at this point.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I put uh fifty to fifty the win the home home game versus Packers. Got to have it, so I would have it. Says one game better, I believe nine and I lose track.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. One seven yeah, okay. And the last game of the season, Week eighteen, Sunday, January seventh, at Detroit time to but time to be determined and television to be determined as well. I will say the Vikings get swept by the Lions for the first time in forever this season and finish with a below five hundred record eight and nine.
Speaker 1: After going thirteen and four the prior season.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have it as a loss as well, so I was finishing at nine and eight, and this is just kind of something the way the Vikings to a couple of little quick points here. First of all, I think the division is going to be tight. I think why like ten and seven might win it. I think that could be the Lions record, that could be the Vikings record. I think that could be the Packers record.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't think any team is really is it possibly they win eleven twelve games?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Is it likely? I don't really think it's that likely. Secondly, like in my mind, I was like, all right, I think this might be your effort. I'm like ten to eleven wins, maybe even twelve. Let's see what the schedule looks like. And it is. There's just so many fifty to fifty games where I just kind of trickled down and ended up at nine to eight, just trying to play the odds, right, And now, you know, it's sometimes kind of boring just to be in the middle. But I think that is where they might be.
Speaker 1: Is right in that we lost them.
Speaker 3: I cannot hear Jacob, we are having technical difficulties, the truck has left the building.
Speaker 1: Well do I hear you? Oh you're back, We're back.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you heard. But basically the point is, I think the Vikings are capable of going a few wins above this, right, eleven twelve, But it's more the schedule, the likelihood, the more average, it's more likely they are nine or ten win team. Even an eight win team is definitely possible. So a lot of fifty to fifty games. Man, you can't mess around this year and lose any of those games you're not supposed to lose if you want to be a serious team. Because again, eleven and zero and one scare games last year, odds would just say that's gonna come down totally. Doesn't mean that we're gonna lose them, all right, But just even if we're, you know, six and three, that's a whole different ballgame, right versus being a leed to know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and.
Speaker 3: There's just an argument for people that want to say the Vikings are gonna be just as good as last year, because yeah, the offense should tech be better with Jordan Addison, you're bringing Brian Flores, so the defense is more in attack mode. But it doesn't work like that. Like, think about the Denver Broncos last year. They're thinking they're going to be a Super Bowl potential favorite here entering the season because they brought in one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL prior to joining the Denver Broncos, Russell Wilson. Or Russell Wilson joins the team, then he has his own office, then there's conflict, and they just completely just fell off the face of the earth. So even though the Vikings technically got better offensively and defensively, they're going to regress just because you kind of always find that middle ground. I do not think last year is duplicatable.
Speaker 2: If that's a word duplicatable, I don't know if duplicate, you can't duplicate last season. That is true that the thirteen and four I mean, that was as fun. I mean, we talked about it last year. That was as fun as an NFL season possibly could be. Every single game was drama, comebacks, fun, It was phenomenal. I mean, that's the one thing that the season should be entertaining because we have a good offense and we're probably still gonna have a bad defense. So we're gonna be a lot closer with those bad teams than we want to be, but we're also gonna be able to keep up with some of those really good teams and have kind of those those duels, if you will. So, yeah, regardless of what are you eating?
Speaker 1: What are you eating right now?
Speaker 2: A little oatmeal?
Speaker 1: Well, oatmeal this morning? You put a little milk and your oatmeal. I don't Oh is that a blow brown sugar oatmeal?
Speaker 2: Apple cinnamon?
Speaker 1: Oh, that sounds good too.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to I might be lactose and tolerant. So we're gonna try going on a a little lactose free diet for a few weeks.
Speaker 1: Where did this come from?
Speaker 2: Just you know, lost some weight and it's something connected to the diet, So trying to figure out what it could be.
Speaker 1: M interesting.
Speaker 2: Had a mcflury last night? Didn't go very well? So you know what mcflurry?
Speaker 1: Oh, mcflurry? Yeah, what kind of mcflurry did you have?
Speaker 2: Holly thing's front of me. I like the Eminem mcflurry.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, that's the best one.
Speaker 2: That's what I said. But she's like that, what's the point. It's just like Eminem's and ice cream and then they just get really like rock.
Speaker 1: Hard and they heard that is the point. Yeah, that is the point.
Speaker 2: She could and to be fair, she wants the Oreo one. Ore Ones are great. Nothing against the Oreo mcflury or Oreo Blizzard or whatever. Oreo is always a home run. But I'm just kind of I'm just kind of an eminem guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got nothing wrong, but I love I'm a big eminem guy too. That's the best one.
Speaker 3: The only thing that could potentially be better than the eminem micflury is if you go to Dairy Queen and get Little Reese's pieces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Reese is always the home run for me personally chocolate and peanut butter guy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 3: So anyway, here's a prediction for you, just a random Vikings prediction. I hate to say this. Actually I don't hate to say this at all. The Green Bay Packers will have a better record than the Minnesota Vikings this season. Yeah, that's my prediction.
Speaker 2: I don't buy the Packers very much, but part of their defense.
Speaker 3: I don't really buy them that much either, But I have the Vikings at eight and.
Speaker 2: Nine, right, so right, it's not hard for the Packers to go nine and eight. Yeah, absolutely, I get that.
Speaker 3: So any other random Viking predictions you have d Kirk Cousin's MVP, Justin Jefferson highest paid wide receiver in the history of football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll that'll get done at some point. I'm trying to think of anybody. Oh the one thing that I think that not a lot of people are unnecessarily, I don't think Madison's going to be like a three down back, oh totally. And that's more fantasy, I guess, specific because like people are trying to figure out if he's like gonna replace Dalvin Cook, shoul they draft him as high or whatever. I think it's we're gonna see a lot of Tye Chandler more than people think. So that's one that I feel like a lot of people are like, oh, Madison's just gonna fill right in, and I like, well, he will, But I think Chandler's gonna be in the next a lot more than anything.
Speaker 1: Totally. I think ty Chandler is way more explosive than Alexander Madison.
Speaker 2: Right, And I think as the year goes on, I could see it kind of flipping a little bit where right, it's truly like a fifty to fifty or something like that. You know, Madison will get the first crack at it, but I think eventually Chandler might. You might not keep him off the field.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So let's dive into Super Bowl predictions. This is a tough one for me because when I'm looking around the league, it's hard not to go to recent teams that made it, like the Eagles, like the Bengals, like the Chiefs because they got the quarterback and their team should be just as dominant, if not more dominant. But the likelihood that the same teams make it back to the Super.
Speaker 1: Bowl mm hmm, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So who's going to be that team?
Speaker 2: Let's think about this. But Vegas odds wise, so in the NFC, right, the top three odds are Philly, forty nine Ers, Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Do you really like?
Speaker 2: Do you really like it right exactly? Do you like the Cowboys or the forty nine ers a lot?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think they're that level of team. Yeah, both perfectly. You know they're good teams obviously, duh, Right, they're in the mix. I get it. But if you're trying to pick, like an NFC champion as much as boring as it is right, the Eagles are the like the safest pick you could possibly have as an NFC champion. Again, I mean, they added defense, which was already good. Their offense should be. They didn't lose anything besides the running back. But they have four co starters. I saw their depth chart says so they got four. But honestly though, like for their offense, they don't need a stud, right, they just need guys that are healthy.
Speaker 3: And they have stud wide receivers Davonte Smith, AJ Brown. They've got guys around Hertz.
Speaker 2: And Goddard is perfectly good as a tight end as well. So yeah, I don't see if you're again playing if you're not trying to be different for the sake of being different. The Eagles are like the easiest NFC pick. Obviously, could they lose, of course they could lose, right, somebody could sneak in, and but I just don't know who because it's not coming from the NFC North. You know, it's not Vikings, Packers, Lions aren't making the Super Bowl more than you know you wouldn't plan on it again, Cowboys, it's not anyone from the NFC South. Right, you're not taking the Falcon Saints.
Speaker 1: What about the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 2: It's not the Cardinals. M My point is basically, the NFC is pretty weak. NFC North is going to be down, NFC South is going to be terrible, and then the NFC West has two teams that are going to be tanking, and the Rams and the Cardinals more likely, and then the NFC East has you know, a couple of okay teams. Giants are okay, Washington might be a little better. But again, it comes down to who else is there really, and I don't see anyone that's my serious contender.
Speaker 3: So it's really too tough that I don't have the Vikings like thirteen and four, because if there was gonna be a year that they make the Super Bowl, they've really only got one team to get past in the NFC, and that's the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's some obviously there's a few other decent team, but yeah, your first run, I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, forty nine ers to theorytically.
Speaker 2: Solid right in the Cowboys whatever, And you know Giants, I mean, obviously we lost to them last year. Like they're not they're not horrible, but it's just there's not a lot of depth in this conference. So yeah, if there's a year to be good, kind of like the golfer said last year, an opportunity to really make some noise, you know, for the Vikings, it would be this year, and they certainly still could. They certainly still could. But I just have to go Chock and go Eagles, just because no one else matches the talent that the Eagles have even close really.
Speaker 3: And then so I'm gonna go with with the same prediction. I'm just looking at the Cowboys schedule real quick to see if there's any possibilities of them making it to the super Bowl during the regular season, just like seeing who they got. But it looks like they have a tough regular season schedule. So I'm not gonna go with the Cowboys either. I'm gonna go with Chalk Eagles AFC. I think I'm gonna mix it up. That's a little disier. You got the Buffalo Bills who are hungry, the Jets who have Aaron Rodgers, the Cincinnati Bengals with Joe Burrow, the Pittsburgh Steelers, who a lot of people think will rise this season, Baltimore Ravens with Lamar and Jackson.
Speaker 2: You could probably throw the Jaguars in there as somebody.
Speaker 1: Who could there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've shown some ability.
Speaker 1: And then the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: So while you just stole a little bit of my thunder because my pick was going to be the Jacksonville Jaguars Doug Peterson. Seriously, I was gonna pick the Jacksonville Jaguars to come out of the AFC with Doug Peterson as their head coach versus this former team, the philadelph the Eagles. You can already see the Super Bowl headlines developing year. So I'm gonna go Eagles versus Jaguars and the Super Bowl and the Eagles win it with Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 2: Yep, I got the Eagles AFC. I mean there's, like I said, Like I said, there's a lot of different directions you could go and it would be reasonable.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The Browns some people have you know again, the Jets are kind of a rising you know, kid. I mean their defense is phenomenal. Aaron Rodgers can he just be decent?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I like the Ravens this year, you know, I thought about them. I do like the Chargers for a comeback here justin Herbert was pretty bad last year. I don't think that's gonna happen again. I think Justin Herbert is gonna make them be a pretty good team. But I'm gonna go with the Jets, as much as it stinks. I think that defense is legit. The Jets offense should be legit. They have two running backs. They have a receiver hopefully they can find well, I don't hope for but hopefully for them. Right they need another receiver kind of step up. They have Aaron Rodgers who should be decent. We'll go Jets, but I don't think they're a match for the Eagles. I think the Eagles are the most consistent and best team in the league, and I'm gonna have them get back and you know, take one from Aaron Rodgers. Yet again, those.
Speaker 1: Are good predictions. I like it. I like Jets. Eagles is a good super Bowl too, that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be high rated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rogers hurts New York, big New York team. And when's the last time a New York team made the Super Bowl. It's been a long time. Well, I guess the Giants, I mean I guess it has been that long. They beat the Patriots twice. Yeah, that's true. You Know's what's crazy is that when you say, like, you can relate to this because you're a teacher of middle school students, yea, When you walk up to them and say, man, don't you remember the two thousand and nine season with Brett Favre And then they turn back to you and say, I wasn't even born yet.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel really old.
Speaker 2: The students I have this year were born my senior year of high school.
Speaker 3: It's like they have no idea that two thousand and nine season was even like and that was like what fourteen years ago?
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I know.
Speaker 2: You got to catch yourself because you don't want to be like, you know, our parents where it's like because obviously think about when we were kids, right, our parents would say things like the seventies was so insane. How could you not say fran Tarkton is the best quarterback of all time?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Seriously, Yeah, I'm exaggerating, but you know stuff like that, right they you know, and now for the Twins, it was actually true because they actually at least they won two World Series. But right, they have stories like that, and then we would roll their eyes, you know, roll our eyes at it like, who cares? That was so long ago. So I always try to check myself when I don't talk about the past too much, because again, like you said, they don't relate at all, and then they don't care, and then it's like, who's that old guy talking about things from ancient times when it was two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, let's hear it. Yeah, let's hear the Rudy Gobert quote that you mentioned after.
Speaker 2: I just like picking Rudy Gobert too. It's so easy. France goes zero to two and fieba right yeah, yeah. And then that second game and that eliminates them from like the play like the bracket or whatever, because it was like the round robin games or however that works, and they lost. He had nine points seven rebounds, and talking about the lost, Rudy Gobert said, I gave it my all.
Speaker 1: Hey maybe he did. Maybe the rebounds just wearing bounce into him. You know.
Speaker 3: I mean, even even though you're seven to one, seven two, they shouldn't necessarily have to bounce to you because you're so long.
Speaker 1: The stifle tower is the nickname.
Speaker 3: You should be able to snag some rebounds that aren't necessarily in your vicinity.
Speaker 1: But hey, that's a good I like that.
Speaker 2: It just makes for that because again, like his all, I mean, the sad reality is his all is nine points and seven rebounds, and that's just I don't know, it's not the end of the world. That's just funny that that's his peak, right, that's what we're really and you can get yes, you can ask more rebounds, of course, but just like at the end of the day, you're getting a guy who can't really score and he just gets a handful of rebounds and is good on defense, and you know, we can't help France beat some bum teams in the FIBA Championships.
Speaker 1: So that's what he is.
Speaker 3: Here's my quote comes from Chris Jones from the Kansas City Chiefs. It's more so funny than stupid.
Speaker 1: He says. Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone's got one, and they all stink. I'm just asking for a raise.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, I've said that one before. That's a good one. Always funny.
Speaker 1: That's the first time I've seen that, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's always a good one. Yeah, because yeah, excuses no one. We've said that in football before. Because no one likes excuses.
Speaker 1: Right, no excuses. Play like a champion.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep.
Speaker 3: Thank you Jacob for coming on the podcast. Thanking to Shelby j for Talk, for sponsoring the show. Appreciate it, specifically the poop segments.
Speaker 2: Next week we'll have like a real we'll do a real read in the middle of it. How about that, we'll talk to Shelby make sure we got the nice points that we needed to bring up instead of me winging it talking about a divorced old lady who loves her pictures. You know, we'll make sure it's a little more. We hit the copy, we'll get the copy.
Speaker 1: We're sorry if our opinions offended you. If they offended you, then.
Speaker 3: Wear some bigger pants and deal with it. Thank you everyone for making this podcast part of your day.