Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decide to drop into the show. Now, here's your host, Paul Charchi.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody, it's Paul in here.
Speaker 1: I love it. That is the voice of thorn Icetrom. It's the whole crew, the whole Fantasy Football Weekly crew.
Speaker 3: I wanted to play I wanted to play charts one time.
Speaker 1: You know what, nobody wants to plead me, Let's get weird. Stick with the thorn Icetrom.
Speaker 4: You. It seems like it'd be fun to not wear pants all the time.
Speaker 1: It's very liberating. Honestly, I know you know what it's like not to wear underwear. But when you go the whole no pants, no underwear combo, yeah, that's uh, that is some fun. It's the day after the first round of the draft. Yeah, as we're recording, it's Friday. We've got the whole crew here. We're gonna break down the first round. Joining me, Scott Fish, Matt Harrison, Thorneistro Brian Johnson, all the voices you know one place, one time. Guys, we never do this, no, never.
Speaker 3: It's a Brady bunch.
Speaker 1: It is a little it is a little bit like the Brady Bunch, isn't it it is.
Speaker 5: It's never happened before except for that lost episode that you'll never hear.
Speaker 1: That that that is?
Speaker 6: That is correct.
Speaker 1: That was the all That was the pencils episode that we couldn't that was forbidden on iTunes.
Speaker 6: It's behind a paywall, that's right. What is our only fans.
Speaker 1: At BTXJ correct.
Speaker 6: Sure, yes, someday.
Speaker 1: Brought with that, we're gonna break down all the players who went in the first round their fantasy relevant will tell you what we think about the landing spots, and now that we know the actual landing spots, what we think about these landing spots the fantasy value for these players. And the guy that we probably need to spend the least amount of time with is cam Ward, who ended up going first thought. He goes to Tennessee as expected, but we're kind of luke on his fantasy value.
Speaker 3: Don't love it, don't love the landing spot. And I think cam Ord's a little bit further away than public discourse around him suggests it's a guy that turns the ball over. There's some issues there seeing in the field, some decision making things, and they're obviously intending to throw him out right away. That he has been a volked to Pat Mahomes by some during this pre draft process. Not as good as Pat Mahomes Norris talented, but also keep in mind Pat Mahomes a guy who had a bunch of throws in air raid offenses in college, just like cam ward did. Was afforded the opportunity to sit for a year. Well he worked on some of the things that he got nitpicked for at Texas Tech. Cam Warden will be throwing out there right away, So that's going to be interesting to see if hopefully he doesn't pick up any bad habits. But yeah, not interested in him. Fantasy year one, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Real quick redraft take going before cam Ordon is guys like Sam Darnold, Gino Smith, Matthew Stafford. It seems like a drafter before sovating cam Warden in that because Thori said Ward's mobility, He's not elite, he's good and we need we need elite mobility.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll go to the pocket every now and again. But yeah, it's you know, kind of like Pat Mahomes, but it's it's no, but he's not tucking and running a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not a lot of design runs coming for Camp.
Speaker 6: Right, So, and Tyler Lockett, the signing of Tyler Lockett does not.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think it does. I think he's going to be go off the board quarterback twenty eight, twenty nine for me. Yeah, I'll have him ranked somewhere somewhere in that ballpark probably. All right, let's go to let's go to the second pick. That's the Colorado wide receiver, Travis Hunter, slash corner back. He ends up going to Jacksonville, not the landing spot that I think most of us expected, but Jacksonville helping fantasy owners, Liam Cohen says they're going to play him as a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: First. Yeah, Liam Cohen was looking for a toy and he got one that we couldn't have expected in advance. Just shocking that Andrew Berry and the Browns bailed out of that slot and allowed Jacksonville to move up here. They're a new administration, the new coaching staff. Obviously they made a big up here for Travis Hunter. I love that move by them and Travis Hunter. Great fit there. Lee one he said after the first round on Thursday night that they see Travis Hunter as a wide receiver first. So that's what sort of is going to be led by the foot. And on a previous episode of Fantasy Football Weekly, I had mentioned my situational assumption that Travis Hunting play eighty eighty five percent defense as a rookie forty to forty five at wide receiver. I think maybe now you flip that after what you heard Lee and Cohen say. Travis Hunter has been getting criminally slept on Dynasty Community, Fantasy Community over the offseason. To this point, you guys need to elevate where he is going into your draft. That guy is going to make an impact playing next to Brian Thomas, and he's going to put up stats immediately.
Speaker 1: When you hear that that Travis Hunter is going to play eighty percent of the snaps, remember that twenty percent are largely run plays. Yeah, that wouldn't matter anyway.
Speaker 3: He does not need to be on the fiel when the ball is on the ground, but when it is in the air on either side of the ball, Travis Hunter needs to be out there.
Speaker 5: I got a text from Colin mccochney.
Speaker 3: It was exciting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet Travis Hunter play over in London Town. Hunter and Cockney rhyming slang is a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a lady. That's what hunters are there.
Speaker 3: Who knew, Yeah, Colin, he actually rhymes with something you guys didn't know. But Colin McCartney, he did call me last night and yeah, and in his SCOUTI report, basically I can sum it up. He called him a hunter, a contested catch virtuo, so do the voice. He called him a downfield assassin. And he told me you went eleven for eighteen and contested situations last year. And then also he had a perfect ninety nine point nine pff great on balls, throwing twenty plus yards downfield. Absolute killer downfield. That's what Colin love most about it.
Speaker 5: Your translation of Colin mccochney is much better than both Brian Johnson and.
Speaker 3: I've gotten much better over the years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've learned to translate. Hunter's going to be electrifying. He'll be a downfield threat and Brian Thomas is just going to roam in the middle of the field. It's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Travis Hunter's gonna help out Brian Thomas, right. I mean, now you can't shade the coverage over there comfortably and then leave Travis Hunter alone. He will beat you at any sector of the field.
Speaker 6: The last wide receiver to get drafted as high as second overall as Calvin Johnson. Not saying Travis Hunter is going to be the next Calvin Johnson, but Travis Hunter been going in the sixth seventh rounds of redrafts, should be going. He'll be moving up in the second round.
Speaker 3: I bet Calvin Johnson is not the cornerback that Travis Hunter he could have been.
Speaker 6: I probably, I bet he.
Speaker 1: Could have been too yead Lions held him back, as it turned out.
Speaker 6: That's why he retired. He wanted to play corner Yeah, so tired of being the best wide receiver in the world.
Speaker 1: Trevor Lawrence is going to be an interesting sleeper too.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the third fantasy player take In sixth overall, Las Vegas ended up getting the guy that we had primarily pegged them to get, and that's Aston Genty, who is going to go in the first round of fantasy redrafts. Break him down a little bit and tell me if you like this landing spot for him.
Speaker 3: This is a generational running back prospect who has now gone to an ideal spot, right, a head coach who has a history keeping the ball on the ground. Marshawn Lencher voked with Pete Carroll going back to his USC days. Obviously, the ground game been very important there. Chip Kelly likes to keep the ball on the ground. Last year at Ohio State, obviously he had the two stud running backs that we're going to see taken on Friday night, So very good landing spot. He will be the bellcou They didn't have anything else there. If you're going to see all kinds of carries for him, you're also going to see him utilized as a wide receiver a lot more than he did last year. That's when Boise State funneled his touches into the rushing. Yeah, you're going to see the receiving stuff again. That Ashton Genty, as a junior in high school was a starting slot receiver. Took over for Marvin Mims at Frisco High before amazing. Yeah, before then Genty switched back to running back, But we saw a lot of slot receiver stuff with him at twenty twenty three at Boise State. Very very good receiver. You're going to see a lot more of that this coming season. But Ashton Genty, he cannot last too long in your read draft leagues before you gotta pop them.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's let's go around the room. Since we got everybody here, tell me which pick I presume in the first round you would use on Ashon Genty as of today redraft, so not dynasty. Where's he's clearly going to go first overall redraft? Where are you taking him in the first round? Let's start with Scott Fish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were talking earlier and I thought it'd be later in the first round. But apparently my where I think the market is is dead wrong. And being a guy who almost went to Boise State loves Boise State, loves his love Genty for a long time, I guess, I'm yep, I guess, I'm I guess. I got to reach into the upper half of the first round.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're you're somewhere like five on one. One on one is the very upper that would be the very upper part of the first round. So you laughed, But would you take him first? Because he's going to be in the conversation for first overall.
Speaker 4: If he's in that conversation, which by the time I'm drafting in our redraft leagues, which mostly later in the year, I am a team, go get your guys and have fun playing fantasy. So I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Speaker 1: I guess, okay, man.
Speaker 4: That's what I got to do. That's what I gotta do. Gentalize he was that high in people's minds.
Speaker 1: Ash and Genty, Where would you take him?
Speaker 5: I mean consider hearing what we were looking at with like last year's ADP where it was McCaffrey, it was Hill, it was Lamb, it was Jefferson, it was Bijon. None of those guys are going to be in the conversation for top five this year. I don't think. I think that there's a pretty good chance that he's a top three pick in any given league.
Speaker 1: All right, thor Redraft top traction three, Yeah, I'm top three as well. I think only Saquon and Jamar Chase Yeah are to me? Are the are they?
Speaker 3: Even if the first pick? I would definitely consider genty, Yeah, Brian.
Speaker 6: It's between Jamar Chase er Gent I would even I would take him over Barkley. I think we saw Barkley top healing last year. Yeah, and you gotta pay the premium now on Barkley. Barkley was at a discount last year, so I'll take the unknown in gent but it seems like we all know he's going to be a baller.
Speaker 5: Well, we have two Las Vegas Raiders going in the first round of drafts with brock.
Speaker 1: Bauer DPR absolutely, yeah, yeah, Bowers or tight end premium. Obviously, I'm taking Bowers over BTJ now now that they drafted Travis Hunter in PPR.
Speaker 6: All right, yeah, yeah, that's going a few picks ahead of BOWERSTJ is but give me Bowers now.
Speaker 1: The earliest I think anybody expected Teed McMillan to be drafted is where he landed, which is the Carolina Panthers, who needed to fortify the wide receiver position. They had Adam Field, who was great when he played, but obviously at the very end of his career. They've put a lot of draft equity into wide receiver lately, but they haven't gotten a return on that. For how do you like this landing spot for Tet McMillan.
Speaker 3: I really like it, just Now they finally have an NFL caliber receiving core because McMillan becomes your wide receiver one and everyone gets knocked down to the slot that they were destined for. Right, Xavier Legat should be a secondary receiver, Jalenkolker should be a sort of a tertiary guy, and Adam Thielen can do his grizzled veteran mentor kind of a thing. Yeah, Tep McMillan, this is what the doctor ordered for Bryce Young, Right, Tep McMillan. His his profile early reminiscent of Drake London from a couple classes ago. You have that big boundary receiver who can get downtown, go up and get the ball killer downfield. He's also better after the catch, and he gets credit for no waste of motion converting from receiver to runner, very quick acceleration as well when he turns up field. He's not a berserker. He's not gonna make anyone miss. So that's why he doesn't get the credit for that area of his game. But between that, that quick conversion, that acceleration upfield he gets, he gets says, Yeah, let.
Speaker 6: Me pose a question to all you guys real quick, Ted's gonna find himself right in this range of Jordan Addison, DK Metcalf, Chris Godwin, Chris Olave and Ted. Who do you want in that range? I'm feeling tet right now. Out of those five Jordan Adison. Oh, I know I'm talking much of Vikings Bobos, but come on.
Speaker 5: No, no, JJ McCarthy is gonna be a top five quarterback this year, right?
Speaker 6: What was I think?
Speaker 5: Jordan Adison's been quarterback proof the last few years. He had to endure Sam Darnold last time, even.
Speaker 6: With Sam dar Pro Bowl, Sam On Litle Bowler, Sam donoald Toy quarterback in Laking Sistory.
Speaker 1: Come back layer of the Year. Yeah, teed McMillan's body style. If they choose to use him near the stripe, he could be double digit touchdown guy.
Speaker 3: Sure, Yeah, may style his weapons weapon in the red zone. Yeah, that's that's what his special sauce is. Those contested catches this class last season number one in that the year before was number two. And he gets Nippick for not creating separation against man coverage and not trying to write like downtown. He wants to feel the guy around him very again. Early reminiscent to t Higgins. But the point that I make about it, even though his separation rate was exceeded, it was thirty thirty high thirty percentile against man. He had one of the better separation rates against zone or throws to him. The open rate on those ones was near ninety five percent. Very very clever guy. The cognitive tests that gave the wide receivers in the pre draft process, Tech McMillan finished the highest. He didn't know what's the coverage? Look, he's getting really really quick, finds the open grass, makes himself available of the quarterback.
Speaker 6: Underrated aspect of the entire Panthers passing game is that their defense suck and they as.
Speaker 4: The highest corollarious defense to success is target targets, target percentage.
Speaker 1: And it'll be high. It'll be high, for sure. In a mild surprise, maybe even moderate surprise, not so much. The Chicago went tight end, which a number of people suggested they would, but they didn't take Tyler Warren, who was very widely viewed as the best available tight end. But it was kind of a one two race and they ended up going with Colston Loveland. What do you think about that landing? Spot for Loveland.
Speaker 3: Pretty interesting decision from Chicago. What they're they're tipping off to you is that they're going to go to a twelve personnel offense, and that's how they're going to replace their starting wide receiver. Who love Yeah, Keenan Allongn. So that vacates the slot. Colton Loveland is your new slot receiver there. That's he's a huge receiver, is essentially what it is. Wins at all three levels of the field. Runs a full wide receiver route tree, so you're going to get that. He does win on town, but he also creates separation intermediate area and he has that huge catch radius. He catches balls outside of his frame. Very good hands. Colson lovelan very good player. I might have been sleeping on a little bit pre draft. I talked to one of his coaches in college recently, and that guy told me that Colson Loveland is the best player that I ever coached.
Speaker 1: And that's a Michigan coacht.
Speaker 3: That's a Mischigan that's saying a lot. Yeah that twenty twenty two, I mean, there was four of the top thirteen picks on Thursday night where Michigan Wolverines. That team was absolutely nasty in twenty twenty three, and a guy who was up there close thinks that Colston Loveland was the best of the bunch.
Speaker 1: That's as plenty. Then the next fantasy player off the board another ten end. So then we get Tyler Warren. I think a lot of us, almost everybody, he'd expect an Indianapolis would go tight end, but we didn't know for sure if Warren would still be there. Many of us had projected Warren to end up here anyway, and that's that's where he goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Indianapolis thinking they're lucky Stars, a team that had telegraphed to us all pre draft process that they would be targeting a in that slot, and Warren fortunately fortuitously falls to them. They had to be sweating after Chicago took level in at ten. Will Warren get down here? But he did. Warren is going to be of great use and great help to Anthony Richardson. If there is anything to salvage there. Tyler Warren is being brought in to help salvage it. Anthony Richmond obviously great struggles with efficiency. Then that's what Tyler Warren will help you with. You get the ball to him within five yards of the line of scrimmage. He does his berserker thing, breaking tackles. He wears forty four because he grew up idolizing John Riggins very much runs like him the game. There are similar aspects to brock Bauers coming in terms of the touches that you manufacture for him, the different ways that you can use him. It's just that he's bigger. He's a couple of inches taller, he's thirty pounds heavier. But yeah, and the other thing with the other point about Warren is the thing of the wildcat quarterback stuff which will manifest in the NFL in fantasy value because in short yard situations or around the goal line, you just put him out, snapped the ball to him, He's going to break the tackle and get past the line of scrimmage. So this is the guy that I'm very interested in fantasy right away, I don't quish Fish has a quick question.
Speaker 4: No, sure, yeah, yeah, I just wondered you're any question. I wanted to know how does this affect Joloannie Woods?
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, hey, hey, he's yeah my guy.
Speaker 3: He is on milk cartons around the Greater Indianapolis area.
Speaker 1: I think thirty one teams should trade for Johnny Woods. Yeah, now see what it takes, free Jelowny Woods, free Jolannie. Absolutely, just now he just needs a better landing spot.
Speaker 5: There's always room for Jiln the genre.
Speaker 1: I like that, The John Riggins thing, John Riggans thing, I've heard that.
Speaker 3: What kind of show is that?
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you're talking about right now?
Speaker 6: They Loveland, Idol or Warren John Riggs. Yeah, John Riggins retired before he was even born, like I heard, get it's true. It was like his dad like forced him to watch John Riggins highlights.
Speaker 3: That's like, rugs, Are you suggesting this was a Moronovich situation and he's never had a Yeah, it's like, yeah, something rubbed.
Speaker 1: Off dynasty drafts. Which tight end would you take first? Do you want new Bear Colston Loveland or do you want new Colt Tyler Warren? Let's start with Scott again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm I think I'm going with Loveland in that Ben Johnson offense with all those weapons and an ascending offense over over Warren. Who I'm not sure Anthony Richardson can can hit as big as.
Speaker 1: He is, all Right, Matt Loveland or Warren yes, Dynasty.
Speaker 5: Yes, I will take them.
Speaker 1: Yes, both there.
Speaker 6: At the same time.
Speaker 3: I like them both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you copde Come on, we need an answer.
Speaker 5: You can't just say yes.
Speaker 4: He's making us choose.
Speaker 5: I chose Yes, Okay, I'll choose Loveland because better offense equals better stats.
Speaker 4: More even in Dynasty, I play in a two three year window. Two year window really, so yeah right right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's to say you're gonna be holding that guy three four years from now? Anyone anybody on your roster today?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Thor for you Loveland or Warren Dynasty drafts.
Speaker 3: I also live like a quarter mile at a time. Warren for sure, because Warren the manufacturer touch thing. It's just like brock Bowers last year. You're going to a crappy offense, but a crappy offense that intends to drive offense by generating your touches immediately. And again I think he's being brought in as the SOS for mister Anthony Richson. So they're gonna get Warren the ball and he's gonna be the goal line guy around.
Speaker 5: Is it a crappy offense though? Like they have Jonathan Taylor, Yeah, they have Michael Pittman. They have a couple of wide receivers that are okay. The only problem is the quarterback, right.
Speaker 3: I hope Jonathan Taylor enjoyed the air of his career where he got carries inside the three yard line. That might be over. Wow.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Warren too. My only disagreement is Daniel Jones is the quarterback you're going to want on the Colts. Grab him in the last round and let the fish go Chase. This is this is this year.
Speaker 3: You don't know, you don't have to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Was reading that's why, let's go to the next fantasy relevant player who got drafted. Tampa Bay surprised me anyway by taking Ohio state wide receiver Amika Agbuka. I it wasn't that he didn't deserve to go nineteen for but just for me, it was it was more that I just didn't expect that Tampa would end up taking him.
Speaker 3: Super surprising pick. Yeah, they had the good wide receiver corps obviously. I thought. I thought three across, I liked all three of their starters and and going forward, Jayleen McMillan, I thought he was the guy that they would view as the long term slot there obviously that's the position that Igbuka plays. Tampa Bay was the team in on Buka. Appears that they liked him more than any other team. I was surprised that they bypassed the defensive help they need in the front seven that was on the board at the time, but they obviously like Ibuka as a rookie. This is a difficult spot for him. This guy is a target hound, so traditionally you would think of him as a PPR fit. I don't know year one though, if I am interested there because I don't know how that thing shakes out, trying to get McMillan on the field. If you have itg Buka there, you have the other most to feed. Not the best landing spot forag Buka.
Speaker 1: McMillan was one of my favorite sleepers for this year, not anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just killed it right there.
Speaker 1: I'm really nervous by the way.
Speaker 3: Free free McMillan form. Yeah, yeah, you know, let's send him do it the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Him and Ji Woods to the Patriots.
Speaker 1: That's a team that could use them.
Speaker 3: Kevon Thibodau, you got to get traded now to af Duel Carter just soak his job. Maybe he just send him home.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 3: Patriots like it all right.
Speaker 1: The next Fantasy relevant player to go it was running back Omarion Hampton. Now, many people thought that he would go to Denver. They surprised us by deciding they basically wanted to try to put together the best pair of corners in the league.
Speaker 4: It's a deep class at running back too, And.
Speaker 1: It's a deep class at running back still, and I suspect that day two that might be a solution for Denver. But let's go to Omarion Hampton, who finds himself with the Chargers, and now Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh have got their power back.
Speaker 3: Did Sean Payton and his post draft presser on Thursday insinuate that he manipulated Jim Harbaugh into this peck? I'm curious. We'll have to watch back. But o'mari and Hampton. It's Jim Harbaugh, right, I mean, he couldn't help himself. They needed to taste him and get him out of the room just from being the pick. Once he got by the Broncos, yeah, you know so like and obviously he's going to get the touch. The guy who valued this kills is Nase Harris. And you know that's sort of interesting because you have superfluous aspects of their skill sets. Right, Like with Nause, if you were trying to get a complimentary guy from this class, you would think it'd be more like a Trevion Henderson kind.
Speaker 6: Of a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think this totally wipes out Nase Harris like a ssunami. So sorry to anyone out there who had him on the Dynasty team excited in advance of this. Omar and Hampton he's your bell cow. Immediately, I think he's a bit overrated. I have to be honest. I saw him as a high second round pick. There's some teams in the NFL that obviously liked him more than me. But ideal landing spot, right, perfect spot. This is what they love. They love to be physical, They love to grind the ball. Harbaugh had talked about building up the offensive line. Boy have they to this point?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Last year Joe Alt the free agent addition, you bring him back to the hammer this year. They will continue to keep the ball on the ground. That's now Omari and Hampton. And it's a guy too after the catch. He doesn't do a lot of interesting stuff as a receiver. Prior to the ball being thrown. It's Chuck Down's dumb boss screen swings. You're not seeing him run routes beyond the line of scrimmage. However, you get him an envoy in front of him, get him the ball in space. That's where you get the yards after the cat stuff with him.
Speaker 4: Since I'm the only one that's asking the hard hitting question, how does this affect.
Speaker 3: I want to the New England page. Why are we sending you ever into the Patriots at.
Speaker 1: Need help everywhere?
Speaker 3: It actually wouldn't be bad for Kamani, Yeah, and actually it might not. Yeah, free Kamani.
Speaker 1: As it turns out, Hampton's gonna go second round of redrafts.
Speaker 6: Oh, that would be a mistake in my mind. I know Thorn called him a bell cow. The bell cow is the dode over these days. You got three bell cows maybe in the NFL these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But Harvon Rolman are the kinds of guys that can make a bell cow? Why did they sign Nasie Hair so she was cheap and available? She was I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm second round seems rich to me, That's all. I'll say.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get goal line working for sure, I would take him second. Yeah, Harbors sus that's all I see it too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you're taking them second, you're taking them over Brits Hall, Chase Brown.
Speaker 3: I do that fair enough.
Speaker 1: The next player taking was Matthew Golden. The it looks like the Packers have finally finally decided the group of receivers they have now is no number one is not going to merge from that group. They needed to do yet something different, and even though they've invested some mid round picks into the into the position, they decide to put the first first round pick into a wide receiver in over twenty years in Matthew.
Speaker 5: Golden, Javon Walker.
Speaker 1: Javon Walker. Yeah, moments, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a cool moment. You know, this organization that over and over again, with these these awesome receiver classes that we've had in recent years, would bypass the stud receiver prospects to go for infrastructure positions. And then they're hosting the draft this year and they decide to grab a receiver in one of the worst receiver classes we've seen in the last decade, even though players of their defensive positions have needed fallen into their range so that that certainly illustrated a change of thinking there. I don't know if I would have picked this year to be the year that we're going to take the first round receiver.
Speaker 6: I would have loved to see Aaron Rodgers reaction to the Packers taking finally taking a wide receiver in the first round his class. But he's not there.
Speaker 3: What about me? Yeah? And is this the wide receiver one that Josh Jacobs says that they're lacking. I don't. I don't think so. Golden to me, he profiles as a really good number two receiver.
Speaker 1: I liked him in Dallas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah, And he's He's a guy Golden that can play both on the boundary and in the slot. You can switch him around interchangeably if you want. He can win at all three sections of the field. And you can play him on the boundary despite his size because he has a really good release package. Even in the NFL, you're not getting him off the line. He ran the four two nine. He also toggles his speed up and down. Really good people nipick him a little bit for the statistical profile. The thing that I always bring up as a true freshman. He goes to Houston he had offers from all around the country. In fact, he is a four star recruiter. Decommitted from TCU to stay home and go to Houston. That's why he ended up there. But as a true freshman he was in a really good offense. But unfortunately for him, Tank Dell was there. That was tank Dell's last season, so all the all the touches went there. And then as a sophomore, Golden gets injured. That was his big breakout opportunity the whole season breck by an injury. Then he goes to Texas this past year, he was not brought in as the wide receiver one. That was Isaiah Bond who was brought in for the zaver Worthy role. Isja Bond was a bust, as was their quarterback Quinn Viewers, who couldn't throw down the field most this season, so you didn't get to see golden skill set flower out. You did at the very end of the season though, right when the schedule was leveraged the money spots their march to the SEC title game and then the College Football Playoff. That is when Matthew Golden the merge as their l FU wide receiver one and he killed some future NFL defenders put up some big stats there. I do think this guy profiles is a really good number two in the NFL. I just don't see a wide receiver one here, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So we're a caution to dynasty owners who might be you know, you might see the landing spot, a good quarterback, you might see some hope, but maybe, you know, maybe not in anybody that's going to power your fantasy team.
Speaker 3: Especially in that kwaig Meyer of a situation. It feels like Matthew Golden's not a complainer, but it feels like we get some grumbling, you know of like you know, we've seen him with some of them Packer receivers where it's like one game they have the big game, yes, and then it's a couple with two catches, three catches. Yeah, it's so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's still a deep receiver room and this doesn't change that for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, last year we said, don't draft a Packer receiver, just draft Jordan Love if you want. Like the past the game, think we're at the same spot.
Speaker 3: We probably agreed, probably are agreed.
Speaker 1: All right, it's final guy to talk about in the last fantasy relevant player to be taken in uh In in the first round. The Giants move up into the first round to get Jackson Dart. Uh This is a controversial move. They had to pay at real equity to to make the move. Although I think it was just a third and a third Dart last year or something like that. Nice it was, Yeah, yeah, I know I need that.
Speaker 6: I don't have that.
Speaker 1: I don't have that button available me right now.
Speaker 6: That's just sad. His arm isn't that strong to throw.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can't get there. Does he have that kind of cannon thor Yeah, talk to us about Jackson Dart.
Speaker 3: His arm tones decent. Yeah, yeah, And and he's got the athletic profile too. He's he ran a little bit too much for my liking that. I was a part of his evaluation and an offense where you get the read given to you in advance, the decisions made for you in advance, and a lot of times he was going to that first read. He saw a little bit more second read last year, but most of the times he was going to his first read. Very very rarely did you see him get to a third because typically a second or his third read was tucking and running. That's something that was very similar to Sam Hall last year at UNC, very similar to Matt Carroll when he was coming out of Ole miss Those are similar offensive systems those guys played in. Jackson Dart the overall tree top evaluation with him. You look at that stuff. He checked all seven boxes on the Bill Parcells quarterback criterion. He was a high high recruit. He played in multiple offenses. Statistical profile all speaks for itself. A lot of that stuff. It suggests a guy who should have gone even higher than this. However, you have a black box in the evaluation of a guy who we have not seen make decisions after the snap yet. That's something we're going to see for the first time in the NFL where the decision has not been made for him. Total black box. So if New York is right here, they're guessing right, they're making a leader. If they're right, they got a guy at a steal of a price. Otherwise they just burned all that draft equity, right, I mean, it's gonna go one way or the other. It was a little rich for my blood, especially the equity they gave up when those quarterbacks are going down the board. I don't know who they thought was going to hop them. That's obviously who Dable wants here. And I will say, in Dart's defense, the system that he ran for Kiff and he ran it awesome, right. This is the you know, similar to Boenick's last year who as you guys know, I slept on him and I was wrong and et cetera, et cetera. Boenix ran that system in Oregon really really well. Sean Payton was looking for a guy run my system. He doesn't want Sean Payton would hate Caleb Williams. Sean Payton wants man cherry and candidate quarterbacks. I tell you what to do and then you go out there and you do it right. And that is what And I think Jackson Dart that's what he is as well. He is gonna run that system. Brian Dable wants a guy to run the system. Brian Dabele's gonna have to teach him some of the other stuff. But the last point I'll make on this, I think the modern NFL has gotten better at developing this skill set with quarterbacks because of the institution of VR systems. Jaydon Daniels his game shot up at LSU was the reason that you know, he was the number two overall pick when he was coming out of Arizona State. After his third season, we thought that guy's football career was going to be done when his collegiate eligibility expired. He got the VR system at LSU, and by the time he was done at LSU, they were running plays on double speed for him, fast forward, and he was making the correct decision. It was like freaking Neo and the matrix, and then the game slowed down for him. You got to see his physical ability jump up. JJ McCarthy here in Minnesota obviously last year he had the knee injury. He was in the VR system every day, right like after practice. He would see they had the camera on Donald's helmet and then he would do the VR system through Donald's point of view. I wonder if New York they have a plan to get Jackson Dart in the VR as well. Jackson Dart will get the the He's going to get the thing that cam Ward's not where cam Wward's got to get thrown in right away. Jackson Dart will get his season to sit there and learn behind Russell Wilson, Jamis Winston, et cetera. And we can find but they do have tools to potentially try to develop that trait.
Speaker 6: I was about to say, I would prefer that Jackson Dart be mentored by a video game rather than the combination of Russell Wilson and James.
Speaker 3: What about.
Speaker 6: With the New York media breathing down your next too, It's gonna be.
Speaker 5: A good time for jack Also, how long of a runway does dayball in that crew in New York have before they have to get Dart.
Speaker 3: In the game. It might be one month, but you know, I mean, yeah, if they start out horribly, they are on the hottest seats, of course, but yeah, that will be interesting when you get into there if they're like, oh man, we got to do something to save our jobs. But then you're tossing them all prematurely because we don't want to get Dart out there before some of these skills have developed. You might break them, right, So I mean, if you had your druthers, you would wait until the very end of the season. If nothing else, I would like him on the bench the entire first year.
Speaker 5: Where do I get druthers?
Speaker 3: That was a calm mc cockney word. Yeah, I got that from Ny.
Speaker 1: You're not wearing any others. Right now, this has been great. I love the breakdown of all the players in the first round. Uh, this is going to be an unusual year in that there's gonna be some amazing running backs still to come in this draft.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we won't be a line.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next week we'll start breaking down the players, the most interesting players who went through the rest of the draft. Can't do them all because there's going to be I don't know, like sixty or seventy.
Speaker 3: We can do them all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the un the challenge right yeah, yeah, you would.
Speaker 3: Folks out there demand from church and we have a UDFA episode at.
Speaker 1: Oh man, if anybody could do its youth, let's get into we got allays for a little he uh, he pegged Cocer is the top one of the top udfa's last.
Speaker 6: Year original right, Yes, I would uh walk my dog around the panther ceaty and I live in Charlotte now, and I would tell the security guards and some of the guys that work for the team because they're always around. I'm like Jalen Cocher, Jalen cochery looking me out and crazy makes a team like what's up? Now? They're like this is Jalen Cocher and I only don't know about there already scroll of your.
Speaker 5: You take it thunder.
Speaker 1: Great to have everybody in one room, one place, this this very rarely happens for all of us even and this is uh, it's it's super special being with all you guys, no doubt uh. And for you listeners, thank you for coming back to Fantasy Football Weekly and we'll we'll break down the rest of the draft next week.
Speaker 6: Bye bye, everybody.