Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably shake Dy. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's that? What's up? This is Robin Dixon. Thank you so much for being here once again and ever and ever, y'all.
Speaker 1: I didn't know we could sing, did you?
Speaker 2: Well? Can we? Well? We should try it though. I mean, like everybody goes into the studio and like puts a song on you know what?
Speaker 1: That is true? Yeah, and I did karaoke recently. I saw that and yeah, and the people in the space were like, Robin, you can sing.
Speaker 2: But Robin, everyone was drunk, so I don't think they knew what they were talking.
Speaker 1: About, like are you soure? But I think he just appreciated my performance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were doing splits and everything.
Speaker 1: You were doing the most I was giving it. Yes, that's what happens when I do karaoke. I turned into the artist.
Speaker 2: Yeah you commit, Yes, Okay, I appreciate your commit the voice. No, I think we should do a reasonable Shady duet. Okay, we have the dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that could be like our jingle. Maybe that would be cute. Yes, okay, I think like a new intro outstro song. Remember Kiki Palmer saying, was it the view she did? She did it?
Speaker 1: Oh Gma, some more's on the the gm A three. Yes she did the song, right, I think so? Yeah, Like, if she can do it, we can do.
Speaker 2: Okay, but keep Bomber. I think is a singer.
Speaker 1: It's a full one talent. Yes, yeah, we need to find okay, okay, we gotta find like a songwriter. We gotta find a studio.
Speaker 2: Yes, give us the lyrics, okay, because it could be sing rap mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if anybody else out there, if anybody out there has some lyrics for us, yeah, get into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you want to help us write produce our song, yeah, we promise we'll shout you out unlike Carle Cardi b Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, and you might. We might even this thing makes money. We might even give you some pro seeds. Oh yes, yeah, we'll cut you a deal. We should do that, too bad.
Speaker 1: I'm not on the Royal Housewives poitolema because why we could do it. We can, they could film the whole Yeah, is that your shady moment?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh really, we just came up with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought your shady moment was that you're not on the Royal Housewives.
Speaker 1: PTA. Oh, I'm actually very happy.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on, So what is your shady moment? I have a shady moment okay, because I want to talk about the fact that I call my mother. Yes, actually my mother called me, and this was a little while ago to thank me. I had sent her a bunch of food that I know she loves this restaurant and where she lives, and I sent her a bunch of food from that restaurant for Mother's Day, okay, And then she was like, yeah, you know, it's so nice to you, and I think you're amazing and oh my gosh, and you know what I think about you every day? And I said why and she said she said, because you know, remember those those shoes you gave me a long time ago. No, Ma, she was like, they're burkingstocks. And I was like, okay, what they look like. She was like, they have like the thong like birkingstox. So I was like, I don't remember those shoes, but she said that were she was. She needed them for something while she was visiting me. I gave them to her. She said, I wear them every day. I love them because they have art support. So I said, okay, great, she said, you know, and then I wear them so much they started like the heels started coming off, and I taped them up. She wants you to buy her some more wabit, she said, I taped them up. So I said, okay, ma, I said, so from the tape up now, mind you. As she's talking, I'm going on Birkenstock's web and I'm buying her a new bear, right because I'm like, this conversation is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And you knew where it was going, yes, okay, but she.
Speaker 2: Didn't go there. So I said, well, did the tape work? And she said, oh yeah, Chi, I taped them up real good. So I said, okay, good, you'll be back in business, right. So she was like yeah, but you know I had to tape them. I had to tape them. Yeah. So she has her new shoes at this point. Okay, but that was unnecessary. It was She's like, what I really wanted from this day, all right, forget this food, she said, I want some new mind you. She could have bought her own. They cost like one hundred dollars right, But anyway, I've given her the food in the Burkingston.
Speaker 1: But because you gave her, gave them to her once, you have to give them to her forever now. But my thing is, you're you're lying. You did not tape up these shoes. You are lying to me, right. If your mother has to walk around with taped up shoes, it's.
Speaker 2: A problem, right, She's right, she's lying. But anyway, I hope you enjoy it all that you deserve.
Speaker 1: Hilarious, Yeah, it's hilarious. Okay, So my shady moment happened this morning. In the middle of the night. I was sleeping and I was awakened out of my sleep thinking I was having a heart attack. I had this crazy pressure in my chest. That's a problem, right, So it was like, you know, I was laying down, I started feeling it and it was just like pressure my chest. So then I like sat up and it was like still there, but it kind of relieved it a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was still there and then it kind of went to my back as well, and I'm like and I'm like, I don't know what to do. So I like pulled out my phone and of course googled you know, pressure in my chest, okay, in my back, and you know, am I having a heart attack?
Speaker 1: And the one thing that made me at ease was like they say, when you're having a heart attack, the pain goes to like your left arm. Okay, like your left arm, left shoulder and all that. So none of that was happening. It was like really concentrated just in hearing. It was just like all this pressure, right, So I just and then eventually it dissipated and it went away. So I just came to the conclusion that it was gas. Maybe yeah, but did you fart?
Speaker 2: No, because you're not because you don't fight, I don't fart. You did today? Okay, you did last night?
Speaker 1: No, So I guess it moved eventually. I did feel in the morning, I did feel gassy, like down you know, in your gassy areas.
Speaker 2: But I was like, what is happening? Yeah, that's that's a whole lot.
Speaker 1: It's like really freaky, and I'm like, okay, And I was really at the point where I'm like, do I call no one, what do I go to the hot No?
Speaker 2: But a lot of people do go right for that reason they think they're having a heart attack. But it's just gas, right. That happens a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what like I didn't want to happen. But then a lot of doctors or people, you know, emergency professionals, they are like better safe than sorry.
Speaker 2: And you're of the not heart attack age, but you're like, I think it's over forty right that you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you should. And in today's age, like you know, young people are experiencing heart problems. Whether it's because of a poor diet or whatever environmental factors, I don't know. And then on top of that, one of my blood tests came back showing that I have high triglycerides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do you get that from? Like triglycerides are.
Speaker 1: That I don't know. It can like lead to heart disease though, so I don't have heart disease, but like having high trichglycerides can lead to heart disease. So like I take Omega three to combat that.
Speaker 2: But so knowing that too, I'm like, oh my god, you gotta eat some more blueberries. Yeah, yeah, more blueberries. Okay, So speaking of blueberries, have you heard this word called snack accident? Mm hmm, eating an entire bag box or something by accident. It's called snack accident. So I was thinking I saw I was like, I was like, I think that's some other words we need to make up, because snack accident is like a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens. That's a that's a good word. That's like a good term for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if it's in Webster's, but it's on social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it makes total sense, yes, that you eat it back because you look up and you're like, oh shit, I didn't mean to eat the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Have you?
Speaker 2: Now do you do that?
Speaker 1: I know you don't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't do that, but I don't. This is what happens sometimes. So like I'll eat like a little bit of I like these simple mills.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is not an ad.
Speaker 2: My brain is all over the place because I eat a lot of blueberries. So let's talk about I know, so let's talk about deodorant. Okay, because the loomy. And then we have a friend that sent us some deodorant. Do you know the name of plus plenty good plus plenty. Let's let's get into that. So a friend of ours, his name is Marcel. Marcel sent us me and robbing Good plus plenty. I think he's got stock in this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so Marcella is my real estatementor he was. You saw him on season four of the Real housewis Potomac when I when I did the the flip when I flipped the house. Yes, been a good friend ever since, he has.
Speaker 2: And he said he was gonna take me on a date and he never did go ahead. I think, yeah, okay, Yeah, don't want to break up a happy home.
Speaker 1: He has some business interests in this natural deodorant company, a good plus plenty with a female that I know that actually they work together in real estate, Like she was the real estate agent, so they knew they worked well together in real estate capacity. So her name is Nashan. Nashan started this deodorant company because she had, you know, like issues with whatever deodorant she was using, and so she just had to come to a point where she had to kind of make her own deodorant. Yeah, and it worked. It started working so well for her that she started a deodorant company. Yes, which we love stories like that because those are natural businesses that you get into when you find a solution to a problem that you have. So so yeah, so Nishan sent us good plus plenty.
Speaker 2: Y thank you Nashan. Yes, so Marcel was blowing up me and Robin like did you try it yet? Did you try it yet?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Try it in a couple of weeks because I didn't want to like stop using what I was using and start using her stuff. I want to finish what I was using. So like a couple more weeks will go by. Did you use it? What do y'all think? Can we do? You have feedback? You have feedback? And I literally want to say, Marcel, don't ever call me again, like you're on my nerves. So I'm now using it, okay, and I'm using the I think the lavender.
Speaker 1: Scent okay, I love the shower fresh scent.
Speaker 2: Is that the purple?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So that's it and that's not Lavender's shower shower fresh okay. So on first use, I was taking a back a bit, okay, because it's hard, so when you put it on, it feels like you're putting a rock underneath your armpit. Okay, And I was like, whoa that hard?
Speaker 1: But yes, yes, so but I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Outside of that, if they could get it, the texture of it or yeah, not to be so like jarring to your armpit. Yeah, then absolutely, but I mean it works all day. And then I was also concerned because it's white, right, but I was I was thinking it's gonna leave like a white residue. But it dries, Yes, what is it dry? You can't see it when it dries. What's that called? Dries clear? It dries clear those blueberries, I know, blueberries are kicking in. They're kicking in, y'all. Okay, So I like it, So Marcel, don't call me no more. I'm telling you right now. I like it. How gets to this story? You? I know, I segue to this because I was getting ready to say something else that was I was going to talk about simple Mills, which is because my blueberries are on fleek right now, Simple mills, which is not an ad And I was going to tell you what the cookies that I like with simple Mills. But then, and this is not from the Snack conversation. Yes, yes, the deodor is not an add either because they're not paying as a dime. But it is great and so please support.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I will say it's a natural deodorant and your body kind of has to like adjust to it, Like I know, you're not a sweater now right, I am a sweater and my body had I had to kind of go through that period of like letting them my body adapt to the natural deodorant. But once you do, it's great. Yes, you know what I mean. Yeah, but I love the shower fresh scent, like I ordered a whole nother one.
Speaker 2: Oh you did. Yeah, So I at first that the scent was because I love all my perfumes and it was like battling my perfumes a bit. But now it's it's like maybe adapted to my body and I don't really smell it as much and I smell my perfumes more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, I'm all in. But all the sins are great. They have like a clean coconut, a lemon grass, and like a woodsy scent. So okay, yeah go check it out. Good plus plenty yes, small local, you know, owned business, female business. Yeah, and great product.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk about because you know, we always want out our Marylanders Maryland Knights.
Speaker 1: No Marylanders blueberries?
Speaker 2: Okay, but can we be called Maryland Knights No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Anyway, moving on, So there is a chef and I kind of like have watched him, because I watched the Food Channel a lot, and I've watched him like do things over the years. Anyway, Chef Tobias, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doors On, Yeah you're talking about Yeah, I know you're talking about. I haven't been to his restaurants, but I've seen like, I've seen him, so continue.
Speaker 2: So he was just awarded first time ever, makes history as the first in state to be named Chef of the Year.
Speaker 1: So the first person from Maryland to be named Chef the of the Year by who Food Network?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm sorry, bye, who cares, doesn't matter, He's Chef for the Year, Donalds not words.
Speaker 3: Recently, Tobias doris And was named Chef of the Year by the Restaurant Association of Maryland. That's a first for a chef from Prince George's county, so right there, that's amazing. He is the executive chef and owner of Hancho House restaurant in Hyattsville, and he's about to open a second restaurant, also in Hyattsville soon. He has appeared on multiple Food Network programs, and he's currently the host of Time Out with Tobias on ESPN and Hulu.
Speaker 2: Tobias. Let me tell you why I like this dude. So I watched him on some show and it was one of those high intense Guy for Ready petitions. This man has a full blown Did we talk about this? This man has a full blown meltdown, like an anxiety attack. Maybe we did? Ye, I didn't know you were talking about him and so Guy, so it was very clear that, you know, it was like fourth wall breaking, like the producers like, yo, you okay. So he just couldn't get it together. He was having just like an anxiety attack. So Guy comes and talks to him, and whatever Guy said to him, Guy was great, by the way. Whatever he said to him, He's like, man, just go outside. So it goes outside because we're all rooting for him. We didn't want him to like walk away and forfeit. So and I'm watching the TV. I'm like, get it together, get it together, Tobias. So he goes outside. He you know, does the two push ups or something I don't know, walks around, he gets himself together, comes back, he wins it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I just won the challenge or the show he wanted.
Speaker 2: He wanted the challenge that day. I don't see the next show to see what happened. But he talked about it in the moment, and that's what I loved. Like he didn't try to hide it. He didn't try to go behind the cameras and and say he had diarrhea and go to the bathroom. They like really talked about it, and that spoke volumes for him because people go through shit, like when it's intense and it's your job and it's like all the pressures on you. People go through shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah together always you have to be a tough guy. Yeah, yeah, So I appreciate it. That okay, all right, Yeah, he's got some restaurants in the area, so look him up, because yeah, because for the years one, there's one restaurant that, like, is it called Victory. I think it's in Hyattsville. I'm not sure what the status of it is now, but when it first opened, they would open the reservations for like the next month and they would sell out in like two seconds. Yeah, yes, I got to always one of those situations. So chat it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna slide to his DMS and see if he can get me on the reservation. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: For speaking of the Food Network, I was I came across something about the Food Network, like a post, and people were just complaining because they're like, the Food Network has totally changed from what it started off as and now it's just full of competition shows and Guy Fieri. But so there's no longer all of the cooking shows, remember Giatta and Barefoot Contesta and you know all the I think they're on the weekends.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The people were like really complaining. They're like, the cooking show is not I mean, the Food Network is not what it used to be, but.
Speaker 2: Those competition shows are what people watch. They love that shit.
Speaker 1: The people in the comments were like, I hate it enough for the competition shows, but I think it's also because I can go on Instagram and find I mean, that's yes, I get sucked into watching cooking videos on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, who's the do you watch? The girl I'm having been having this conversation with my kids, the girl who just and if I tell you about her, and you know who I'm talking about, I'm gonna diek. She's beautiful, she's a model. She just she married to a model, a man. This woman has kids and she makes everything from scratch. She just had a baby. So now she's holding the baby making scratch. Oh, I'm gonna pull her off on two just in a second. Yeah, because I get sucked into her shit, yes, and I can't get out.
Speaker 1: Right, I can't get out. And then once you get I'm telling you, once you get stucked into one, it's just that's NonStop.
Speaker 2: That is NonStop.
Speaker 1: What I see on Instagram is cooking, cooking, cook and cooking.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then and then for me, I'm into like health and wellness and so it's a lot of I'm in my fo when you're in your forties, Yes, you need to eat protein, walk strength, train like that is okay.
Speaker 2: Her name is Nara Nara okay, and her husband is a model, and you like he's a very well known model. Anyway, this girl go to her page, y'all. She got like three million followers in a r A. She makes everything from scratch. And now first she was doing it.
Speaker 1: This person isn't making food.
Speaker 2: Okay, First she was doing it like Nara while she was pregnant Nara Aziza. Yeah, now she's holding the baby making the food. Oh wow, I get so sucked into this woman. Oh wow. Yeah, she's she's freaking gorgeous, and both of them are. But he's gorgeous because of his eyes. Yeah, I said, at first, if it wasn't for his eyes, you would pass right over him. Okay, but his eyes are like piercing. But me and Ash have talked about Nara because she sucked into her videos too. Yeah. I haven't no, I have this. I haven't seen her, but I'm telling you. One day her kids said they want a cereal. She said, okay, I make it from scratch. What who does that? What? Narra made a ship scratch? I said, I can't what. Yeah, wow, but it's impressive. Very Now I want I also want to talk about Miami. So Miami the police department now has there. They decided to buy one of their police cars is a Rolls Royce. Do you want to know why? Why? Because they undercover? Hell no. They said that they wanted to incentivize more people to become a Miami Police what person officer? But none of them are ever going to be able to afford a Rolls Royce. And but this is the work car. This is the this is the work car. Oh, that's actually kind of cool. So they get to ride drive around in a Rolls Royce for work with red and blue lights, and that's going to incentivize people to deal with the drug cartel in Miami, right, Okay, I hate all.
Speaker 1: You're going to become the drug cartel.
Speaker 2: Hello, Okay, So I want to talk about it. It's so random, it's beyond random. And I think somebody in the police department has lost their mind. Yes, because if y'all spending money on that, or maybe it was given to them for free, who knows, it's just all it's just all a bad Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whose idea was that? And were they eating blueberries?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So the world's most populated and largest city is where do you know?
Speaker 1: India?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh City, bomb Bombay, India, Tokyo, Japan, Tokyo, Okay.
Speaker 2: Tokyo has thirty seven million residents.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So this is what struck me. They have thirty seven million residents, they're the most populated, and they remain remarkably despite its immense scale, ranks as one of the safest, cleanest, and most efficient cities on the planet. Wow.
Speaker 1: That's impressive.
Speaker 2: What the hell are we doing inane? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What we're like this is this is it's because there's so much government regulation over there, the government runs everything. People don't have as many like freedoms. I don't think as we do. I think they are everybody just falls in line. Yeah, it's wild unless I'm thinking of China, but I think Japan probably.
Speaker 2: Has I think, but I think government regulation. But I think like if you go over there, like everyone is. They they respect each other, and they respect their cultures so like.
Speaker 1: And they respect the land and their property, yes, and all the things things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like they don't just like like when they go into a concert, they stand in a single file line and walk in. We go in as a mob, like when they go to speaking for myself, when they go to a restaurant, they don't just like they park in parking spaces. They don't just park anywhere like I do.
Speaker 1: Where do you park?
Speaker 2: I make up parking spaces all the time. My kids are like there, she goes again, I'll be parking curves. I just make up shit.
Speaker 1: And you haven't gotten told.
Speaker 2: No, never knock all wood, Robin, Oh sorry I just knocked. I just not so. I just feel like, don't they're different people than Americans?
Speaker 1: But I think it's because they are not as I don't want to say, not that they're not free, but I think they still have like they're highly regulated. Yeah, highly regulated.
Speaker 2: I mean do they still walk in straight lines in elementary school?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: I think yes, yes, of course they do.
Speaker 1: So think about that they do they? I wonder in Japan, Okay, when they get to higher education, do they make them walking straight lines? To make the kids here walking straight lines? But then once you get to middle school, it's a free for all. It's a free for all.
Speaker 2: So that so that's the problem, right, middle school needs to be regulated.
Speaker 1: But it gets past you know, it's just that that that's just an example. But so, yeah, it's a free for all here. Over there, I think it's a lot more strict and disciplined and regulated. And yeah, that's pretty impressive though, it's beyond impressive.
Speaker 2: Now, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, yes, did you see the video of the rat on Kyle Richet's car.
Speaker 2: I was, Now, that's impressive because that thing did not want to move and it was like stuck. Yes, like okay, So Kyle Richard's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, she showed she was videotaping because she was completely freaked out of a rat that was stuck in between like her her side mirror. Yes, and I heard the door door in the window, so it was on the outside of the car.
Speaker 3: Whoa, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: But my question is she was already taping and then she screams out of like ye like she shocked when she sees the.
Speaker 2: Because she probably didn't see it, like why was she videoing in the first place.
Speaker 1: That was weird to me, Like, I just I only saw the clip on TMZ and it started with her camera was rolling and then she turns to the left and she sees the rat and she's like ah, And I'm like, but why are you recording anyway a stunt?
Speaker 2: I don't that's yeah, I'm like acting. You know, she's an actress. So I'm like, is this some like an acting dick? I think? But and the question is how did the rat get there? Right? Just like where are you there's a rat jumping up on top of the car.
Speaker 1: She had to been acting.
Speaker 2: This was a stick. It was April fools, I mean, because it was weird.
Speaker 1: It was like all of a sudden, like, no, you're not just recording in your car?
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: And when you're about to get out and you see a rat like I don't know, it was just.
Speaker 2: But it was on TMZ. TMZ is known for telling the truth, so we'll see. I had But if that did happen, that's horrible. That would be really freaking I would yeah, I would be terrified. Okay, So this happened a while ago, but I did want to address it because it bothered me. We didn't talk about the Tom Brady roast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, was it?
Speaker 2: Yeah Tom Brady roast? Like, first of all, why did this even happen? Well, that happens, that's not the first roast, true, Okay, fine, yeah. Second of all, Tom Brady, it's clear you're not with Giesel anymore because your hair looked terrible. Start there.
Speaker 1: It just looked.
Speaker 2: It just looked terrible. And because I mean, he was quaffed when he was married to Giselle, not anymore, not as much. And it was not a Kim Kardashian roast, right, And that's what it turned into. And it was actually disrespectful and disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was random for them to talk about Kim, ever, because it's not like I mean, I think there were rumors that they dated, but I don't think I don't think they did.
Speaker 2: I don't think that they did. Yeah, and even if they did, she was there to participate or whatever, it ain't about her. So like, why are we making it about her? When the man said, I wrote it down. When the man said, referred to her vagina as a whale vagina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I was undone. Yeah, And I know Chris Jenner like almost like lost her teeth when this happened, because like if me as a mom, I would be off fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's disrespectful and it's crossing the line. And it's like, you know, as much as people may not like Kim Kardashian like she's she wasn't the subject of the roast. No, that is. I mean that's almost what you.
Speaker 2: Know, But you don't say that to any woman close your legs? Yeah, like no, and that basically he stole it from Nimi Leeks from season one of The Royal Housewives of Atlanta, like close your legs to marry Man Cam, Like, no, you stole that ship. A lot of people steal stuff from Leeks. Yes, give me her ten percent, but like Kim, I felt bad for you, and I'm giving you a virtual hug? Yese giving him a hug?
Speaker 1: I never did? Did she ever like talk about it after?
Speaker 2: Well? I heard that. So they taped it live and there was like people that leaked the live. Yeah, and I heard that Kim made I mean, Chris made them take the booing out.
Speaker 1: Remember they put her Yeah, so they edited out the booing.
Speaker 2: Yes, so they should have edited out a whole lot of shit. Yeah, it's just not right. Come on now. Yeah, And this is what I don't like when people pounce on easy targets. I mean, it's Kim an easy target, so to speak, Yes, because she's put her life out there, right, and that's.
Speaker 1: What gets you attention, Yes, and clicks and attention yes all.
Speaker 2: That, but like stop yeah, yeah, so Kim, I gave you a virtual hug. Very nice, all right, very nice futures, very nice. I can be nice every now and again. Now listen, we got some listener commentary whatnot? I'm gonna read one right now. I can't trick what you How do you pronounce that name? Keltric Keltric Okay, Hello, Rod jes Berries Hello? And it is the subject is I eat soft bacon? Keltric eats soft bacon. Hi, my name's Keltric. I'm twenty nine in Monroe, Louisiana. So sorry to scream at you in the subject, but because in this the subject says I eat soft bacon. It's all cats, Caltrick stops screaming at me. All right, he says, But Gazelle said that the email had seemed threatening for you to read it. Oh did I say that? Yes, we're only going to read emails that are threatening. You said, if you like threaten us well to read the email, then then we'll read it. Really Yeah, why did I say that? Because you eat blueberries. I wasn't eating them at a time, so that you have said, all right, so you go read it anyway.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I just want you to know that I love soft bacon. It's not chewy bacon. I'm sure there aren't many of us, but we are out here anyway. Love you guys on RHL, P Robin I will be Robin will be missed. And I love the podcast. PS. Gaselle, you are the best housewife there is all in my opinion, I love you forever. Okay, thank you, Keltrick. Okay, but soft bacon is disgusting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think there's a level of soft bacon because there's some crispy bacon that is too crispy. I can see where the crispy can go overboard if it's burnt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so not burnt crispy, but like but also not crispy where it's like all the pieces are breaking up. I like that, really, yes, it's all breaking up in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so good. Yeah, like I don't want all the pieces to break up. She wouldn't be like a little little Chris Okay, but not soft soft is like not cooked almost right, So Keltrick gets your off together.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we get to the rest of our emails, I have a scenario I want to see get your thoughts on it. What would you do? So this is a what would you do if a friend loans you want hundred dollars to gamble and you win fifty thousand dollars? Are you giving your friend anything? And if so, how much? One hundred dollars? What you do?
Speaker 2: I'm giving you back what you gave me, No freaking way. Okay, so this scenario has happened. Okay, So I've been in casinos with guys, and guys will always be like here here to the little girls that don't play me, throw you some money and go have fun. Right, So I've won and I've always asked them do you want some money, and they've been like, no, that's yours.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So but if the guy the person was like, yeah, I want my cut, I don't know. I don't know what the cut looks like. So I think it depends on like who the person is.
Speaker 1: I think in that scenario, like when a guy is giving you money to gamble, it's more of like a he's showing his like you.
Speaker 2: Know how he's you know, a macho guy. Yeah, and you know, trying to flex and yeah, maybe we staytue. Yeah. Well he's also like get away, like because they're gambling right at their tables and they're concentrating, and he's like, yeah, here, take this money and get away from me and go hit the slots.
Speaker 1: But how much did you win? You probably didn't win enough for them to be like checking me.
Speaker 2: I maybe won like twenty five hundred dollars tops. Okay, so but wait, I'm sorry, let me cautch you off. I've sat next to dudes that have won big money and they've slid me side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I've experienced that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but okay, so if it was my friend, if it was you and I.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, but you and I'm I'm we're gonna split a half half okay, yeah right? Or should I give you more because it was your money?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we just in half?
Speaker 1: You would slit in half for sure. Yeah, I would split it in a half as well. Okay, yeah, are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, because I think anything else is yes, not fair.
Speaker 1: It's like it's it's like you almost put too much thought into it, you know, like if you say, okay, well I'm going to keep seventy five and I'll give you twenty five, and it's like.
Speaker 2: You no, no, just like split it okay, right, split it down to the down the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. Yeah, I would totally split it if so if I made that much money. I mean, now, if it's like you gave me a hundred and I made and I made two hundred, No.
Speaker 2: Keep the two hundred, right, yeah. But if it's fifty thousand dollars, yeah, I want my twenty five. Yeah, yeah, the end all right, now, I want did you have you heard about this? The geniuses of tarje A right, because you know, we always know that Target is on the cutting edge. They've come out with a new and I thought about this and they beat me to the punch Ai powered man, the cure machine. So you put your hand in, it scanned your hand, you pick the color, and then it just paints your nails. It's Target, that's what it's saying. For purchase or for oh no, no, no, no no, it's it'll be like a kio like a stand, like a little like a little kiosk. Yeah, I feel like you know what I've seen. Okay, let's see Target.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So so you put your hand in, you pick your colors and scanned your hand and then and then it so, oh, that's dope, beyond dope. And I was thinking, poor nail text now texta on y'all are they about to be gone?
Speaker 1: But they can't do like acrylics and stuff. There's no way, why why not yet? Let's did you start more polish?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I think Aus is genius. B I think there's portable ones because I was looking into the portable ones because that's what I've seen. I didn't know that Target was going to go with a full fledge kaos kiosk to just shut me down, right, they shut me all the way down.
Speaker 1: So you were going to try to make one of these? No, I was going to try to sell them, right, That's what I mean, like, yeah, try to produce and yes.
Speaker 2: Because I think it's genius. Yeah, And it takes out so much because my always my issue with nails loans is the timing of it. This takes too much time out of my life and it's boring.
Speaker 1: I hate sitting there without being able to use my hands, Like my hands are there and I'm just sitting there and then they're like, you go to work today, And I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, you're stop talking to me.
Speaker 1: But now people they don't have we have better conversations than that.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about Ken Chuck Lamar And do they know about that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they do.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sure they do.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they do.
Speaker 2: I just that's my been my issue. It's the timing of it all that. That's why I wear pressas. But this is even better. Yeah, Like it's a little machine that can just scan your hand and just paint your nails. Yeah, how dope was that? I want to see?
Speaker 1: Like, so where is that in an actual store now? Yes, okay, I want to see where they are. Have you seen while you're looking that up, have you seen the the robots that do lashes?
Speaker 2: Now? Would you trust that? Hell no? Hell no.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like literally a robot putting lash by lash.
Speaker 2: Yeah on your eyes. And I'm like, oh no, no, that's not happening. Yes, this says it's in six targets right now, but doesn't say which.
Speaker 1: Ones where they are? Yeah, okay, but if the last what if the lash machine works and it's like you get your lashes done in twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh, you go first, I'll go second. That would be nice, but like getting your lashes done shoot me in the head. Yeah okay, so that like if you get individuals that is so freaking time consuming. Yes, you're just laying.
Speaker 1: There their eyes closed.
Speaker 2: It's yes, torture, yes, but you look beautiful good hour at least. Yeah. Yeah yeah, but you look beautiful after it's done, right, Yeah, not that you weren't.
Speaker 1: Beautiful before I put Yeah. I put lashes on a couple of weeks ago for like the first time in a long time, probably like a year, and I was like, oh wow, that really helped. Yes, yes, like that really helped.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have something from the the Ali Ali Hawkins family favorite folks, High ladies. I'm currently in the bathroom with my earbuds and listening to reasonably shady and scrolling on my phone. So, yes, the cell phone is in the bathroom. Yep, lol, yep. So if y'all don't know, we discussed previously, what do you do when you go number two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just go in there and go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Robin goes in there, She takes her phone, she takes the Bible, she takes all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: I used to have a stack of magazines before Instagram was a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to take everything and because not because that's needed? Is that needed in order to go? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't unfortunately for the I mean sometimes I'm like, okay, in and out right, but unfortunately I'm not always in and out. It's just it like takes a minute, okay, and.
Speaker 2: That you don't want to just be sitting there with your own personal thoughts.
Speaker 1: No, like I want to catch up on light. Like, Okay, I do some of my best thinking, I feel like I do. I come up with my best ideas in the shower. Yeah, Like, you know, I'll be in the shower and I have like this great idea and I'll of course forget it. But you know, sometimes I'll remember to like get out the shower and put it down on my notes before I forget. But I don't know why I feel like I come with my best ideas in the shower.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But back to the toilet, yeah, I mean it's just it's just like and then it's also like, I mean, I guess you could do the same thing like on the couch, but you know, if you live in a house with people, like this is your your private time, right hopefully to just sit in blacks, Yeah, be by yourself and scroll Instagram and not be interrupted.
Speaker 2: I just okay, So, like when you go to wipe, where do you put the phone?
Speaker 1: So I have a ledge. So first of all, I only use my left hand to hold my phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it.
Speaker 1: I only wipe with my right hand.
Speaker 2: Okay, but still it's like cross contamination.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I have a ledge. Do you ever see those toilet roll holders toilet paper holders and it has like a ledge on top. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my phone goes on the ledge? Oh okay, yeah, and then you go wash your hands and you come back and get it. Yes, wow, that's a lot. Okay, I don't ever, I da say, I don't ever bring my phone in the bathroom at all. Yeah, yeah, okay, okay, hi ladies, this is from to stop it. Okay, So Raquel not Rachel, this is then actually the last time that you can email us, because we're going through our emails and you've probably emailed back to back, yes, two different Okay, so this is it for you, Raquel not Rachel. This is it. Hi, ladies, love the show. Robin gave a shout out to the producer for editing something she wanted out of the show and raved about how amazing producers are.
Speaker 1: And she's right, that is very true. Producers are amazing. Yes, you guys have no clue. Yeah, how amazing they are.
Speaker 2: Hey, Taylor, hello that I do a podcast with my friend called R and R Experience and I am the one who edits our show. Editing has been the most challenging aspect of podcasting, from Wi Fi disruptions, Mike's not working, random glitches, and all the talkative guests who overshare I have to fix it all. I love it and I hate it. It's definitely a complicated relationship.
Speaker 1: Lol.
Speaker 2: What has been the hardest part of podcasting for you guys? That's our question. And then she, of course she wants she's this is her publicizing her podcast R and R Experience, but Raquel also known as not Rachel, this is your last email to us SIS. Okay, so everybody check out her podcast. But I think like none of this podcast for us, for me, has been hard, right, So there is no hardest part for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely are blessed because I've had people reach out and say, oh, can you give us advice on starting a podcast? Right all the time, you know, what do you do? And I'm like, to be honest, we are blessed to have already been on a public platform so that our experience getting into podcasting was very seamless. We already had an audience, We already have the support, you know from the producers and the editors and the you know, the people who upload, Like, I can't tell you how to upload an episode. I can't tell you you know what I mean, I can't tell you the thing, No, I can't you know, all of that type of stuff. So we've been really blessed. But I know for people who do start a podcast on their own from scratch, it is a grind, and I think the hardest part probably for those people are probably being consistent, yeah, while not necessarily having an audience just yet. Yes, you know, so you're you're recording these these episodes and of course hopefully your friends and family and people listen, but you don't know how to get other people to listen. So I would think for people unlike us, the hardest part would be just building it and growing it and staying consistent and staying in the game without quitting.
Speaker 2: You guys, you gotta definitely stay consistent. You don't ever want to, like because there have been times when we're been extra extra busy and we could have like not had an episode that week, but we always try to get it in because you never want to leave your listeners like with nothing. I'm not the person because a lot of people people have asked me to critique their podcast. Oh wow, I'm so not the person to do that. Yeah, because I have had to have given feedback that was like stick with their data, don't do this. You sound terrible. Your voice is monotone, like nobody wants to listen to this. I've done that. I've been that friend. So like also also be realistic, yeah, because I don't want you spinning your wheels or feeling like this is great and everybody's telling you that it's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I think a lot of people think it's easy. I mean we you know, there's we always hear about somebody getting into podcasting, whether they're whether it's whether they're celebrities or even your friends.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, we're gonna start a podcasting thinking of Scherisa has one? Now is do it? Well? By the way, listen to it. I need to listen to it.
Speaker 1: I tried to listen to it and for whatever reason, my Apple podcasts wouldn't play it. But I'm gonna I'm gonna try again. But yeah, so it's you can get into it, it's staying in it that is really the challenge.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely, And try to get a deal, even though they're not really giving out podcast deals these days. Like, try to get a deal because that means that you'll have like potentially a producer and they'll take care of the back end. Right.
Speaker 1: But I think in order to get a deal, you either a have to be like us and already have some sort of public platform, you know, or some sort of be a public figure or be have a podcast that you've started that you can show the you know, the numbers for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's easy. Yeah, so just don't start a podcast. I don't know, I mean podcasting to me and Robin, right, if you do it, do it because you love it.
Speaker 1: Yes, But yeah, I know, I know there's a lot of people like, oh, we should start a podcast, right, what should I do?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I don't want to like sell you a dream because my experience is different, right, But I can say, like I have loved doing it. Yeah, Like you know, this is our fourth season. There's there's never been a time where I'm like, ah, I'm dreading it right, or like I can't believe we have to do reasons to be shady tomorrow and be like pissed about it because there's other jobs that I've had that I've felt that way, right, Yeah, but like, yeah, no, this has been a joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, Yeah, So I don't have I don't have a negative either, But I think the most challenging part was just the consistency I would say yeah.
Speaker 2: And do it with somebody. She's with her friend, Raquel's with her friend Rachel. She's with hers. Gotta be a our because our Gina, right, she's with her friends and Regina, Yes, and she's That's another thing. I would say, do it with somebody that you really enjoy talking to. Yeah, yeah, otherwise be goes who that'd be terrible. Yeah, yeah, we gotta go, guys. We love y'all, and we like talking to y'all. Well, I like talking to Robin and she likes talking to me. Yes, So we like talking to you. Yes. So don't ever forget to live your life. Either reasonable or shape y. We're both by bike. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady