Speaker 1: It's nine OGEN one O Engine with Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling. Welcome to nine O two and og.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I have a question before we start this week's episode because I wasn't here last week, and I intentionally did not listen to you and Elisa because I wanted to see if I it was spot on. I didn't want to lead myself. So this is the episode with the baby and the two gay dads last week. Yes, if I were you when I watched that episode, I would have been like, are you kidding me right now?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's how you were spot on?
Speaker 2: Do the writers have amnesia? Because it was so like wrong for the character.
Speaker 1: For the character, I was like this, I tried to make it right by like really reaching deep to her maternal nose and the loss that she had just experienced, but I think it came out the wrong way I came. I think it was written. It was so conflicting for me to play that, and I tried to play it, but I had to play it super conflicted because it wasn't true to my character.
Speaker 2: It was bananas. It's like they forgot the entire storyline where you literally worked at an aide's HIV sort of a pre clinic clinic hospice situations. With Joey, you became extraordinarily close with him. There is zero chance that Kelly would have reacted that way. Now, she maybe was like, I wish I could have adopted this baby.
Speaker 1: Bummed, very sad.
Speaker 2: Fine, but also did the writers also forget how actual adoptions work?
Speaker 1: Just hand them the baby. You just hand it to them.
Speaker 2: You dads went through the proper qualifications with the baby. There was zero chance Kelly was ever getting this baby. She's not been vetted in any way what I mean.
Speaker 1: It was just ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It was insane.
Speaker 1: So the lesson is, if you ever find a baby on your doorstep, just keep it, but don't tell anyone. Is that right? Am I getting it?
Speaker 2: So then we follow up today today this week's episode.
Speaker 1: First, I on to by saying I'm wearing my in VIZI line and if you have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: We don't. We can hear it though.
Speaker 1: I'm glad because I'm wearing it.
Speaker 2: So now what's going on? Do you usually just wear it at night? I?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm supposed to wear twenty hours a day and I work ten hours a day with my mouth, and so my friend Amy Strand from TVC who's a hostayer, she just wears it on air and I'm like, wait, you can do that? She said, oh yeah, just.
Speaker 2: Well of course you can't. But first of all, you can't see it. Your teeth look gorgeous right now. But there is a small, like little something I don't want to say lisp because it's not quite that. It's a little like a crackle a little It's almost like you're trying to talk with like a couple of crankers in your mouth. I kind of like, I put two wheat things in and now I'm going to try and do a podcast.
Speaker 1: I kind of like it, but I have got to get things the wrongs righted because I'm so behind schedule on my linel girl.
Speaker 2: Do you we're here with you people listening.
Speaker 1: For everybody who wears an invisilin put it in right now?
Speaker 2: Just yeah, you're good. I was like, because I was trying to not look, I'm like, maybe if I just try to put on a dab of makeup, I won't look. So I love the cheeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks good.
Speaker 2: So I know we're gonna go through everything.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get through it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not that much happier with this episode. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: It's like, I understand, let's tell the people. It's season eight, episode twenty five, Aunt bees pickles. It sounds funny, pickles.
Speaker 2: Well, and I okay. So I was like making sure I watched the right episode.
Speaker 1: Me too, because who's aunts. Nobody had pickles that I know of.
Speaker 2: I we'll get to it. Because there's also a storyline in this episode that literally makes no sense, and I, unlike you, am not distracted when I watched this. I had, I went, I was upstairs in a loft and tahoe and it was like ten o'clock at night, and I'm like, I'm ready. I got my two seized chocolates, I got my ice water. I was ready. There's one storyline that I'm like, I can't follow this at all.
Speaker 1: I know it was hard for me too, because I started out focused and then someone will walk in the room, or the dog will throw up right next to me, or I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Some bear but this episode is like a disaster. So sorry, I don't want to be so negative.
Speaker 1: Give us a synopsis, would you.
Speaker 2: Kelly's dad announces his engagement. Everybody listening, just wait till I get to talk about that. But a case of cold feet causes another family estrangement. Valerie's having flashbacks of her abusive father, then consoles her mom, and she's left crying at the altar. Donna's clothing store dream becomes a nightmare, so Noah buys her dress line and proves how much he cares. Meanwhile, Steve's nude crush chooses him over Ted Brandon turns down a big job to stay at the Beverly Beat instead. Good rhyming. I didn't do a great read of that, Lorraine and my apologies, but.
Speaker 1: It was directed by Christopher Hibbler and written by Laurie McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Do you know Christopher Hibbler? M hm, I do?
Speaker 1: Good name. Yeah, he's a great guy.
Speaker 2: So let's start with the worst storyline. No, it's a close race of the worst.
Speaker 1: Wait is the wedding?
Speaker 2: That's the fashion brand? Third worst? For me, the worst is Stillery Oh Steve. Okay, because I truly cannot follow it, I'm like, okay, who's the guy? Why did we loop in? The guy?
Speaker 1: The silly guy that the nervous laugh guy, the.
Speaker 2: Guy that like wanted Brandon's job.
Speaker 1: You know what I wanted from that guy. Okay, he's really nervous when he came in for the job interview because they thought Brandon was leaving the paper, so they got on it, got this guy in there, and then he freaked everybody out with his weird laugh. Right, But you see him the next time in the bar scene, like by happenstance that Steve just glances up and there's that guy told him to come. Oh maybe he did. I don't think so. That's yeah, you're right, you're right he lined it up. Okay, I'm wrong he lined up.
Speaker 2: But then the.
Speaker 1: Guy, honestly, I wanted him to take his glasses off because he was actually attractive.
Speaker 2: Clark kent to superman.
Speaker 1: M h, that's what I wanted everything, and then Steve to lose, Ted to lose, but Clark kent to get it.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even convinced that blondie Ted whatever his name is, in the money guy the reporter bar might have been. I was like, this is I know, I could not follow it.
Speaker 1: Then, how did you feel about about the real Ted? Though?
Speaker 2: I don't care, Like that's my big problem. I'm like Ted why would I care?
Speaker 1: If you had to care, would you liked him?
Speaker 2: He was, No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I just don't care. And he's sort of about the bar. And we're supposed to think, first of all, this show knows how to cast hunks, right, so we're supposed to be like Ted needed to be played by like David Chokichi because it's like get me or or you know, like Glenn Powell, get me somebody.
Speaker 1: Glenn Powell he was.
Speaker 2: I just was like un wowed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: And then I'm like because then there was no competition, It's like, why would this?
Speaker 1: I thought he was a good looking guy and clearly at the bar.
Speaker 2: But just not. I just wasn't, like he's not any better than Eve. And then how their eye contact when the girl don't even know her name sees Ted and they do this, and we're supposed to be like, oh, no, they're falling in love. Oh it's a red herring, Like it's so.
Speaker 1: Bad, so bad. I'm sorry, but I really was. I was rooting for the Doorky Chronicle interview E guy.
Speaker 2: I was just rooting for Lindsay because wait, what's Lindsay's real character's name.
Speaker 1: Hajam so many lines in this episode.
Speaker 2: They're definitely getting her way more in. And when they went to the awards ceremony that I'm totally confused by that I have fifty questions about. And she was sitting with Steve. I was like, yes, now, fine, that's good, right.
Speaker 1: And the way she's like doing his law errands and having an attitude about it, I.
Speaker 2: Love and she fits in.
Speaker 1: That's just my bastly like Ooz is right in.
Speaker 2: Here's why. I also like they slow rolled her in. I got to know her at the paper tiny bit she had like barely a line, then maybe she got to say like three sentences. I actually get that we're bonded with her.
Speaker 1: I love that point actually, because you're so right. That doesn't happen very often. It's like meet the brand new girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Or Noah even it's like Noah just suddenly was on a hike with you guys, saving lives, and now he's our best friend. One like Lindsay, were just smuly bringing in. And so by the time we're sitting at the award ceremony, which I'm also totally confused by. I thought we were up for an award Brandon lost and then suddenly he's being honored and Steve I was like, was this all that was last weeks happening?
Speaker 1: Was that last week was this week?
Speaker 2: I don't think whatever anyway that might have been last week whatever, That whole thing was a big ruise. I didn't understand what was happening this week.
Speaker 1: Brandon was got this big, huge job opportunity.
Speaker 2: He thought, would you cross the picket line.
Speaker 1: For a job that's tough? No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like as an actor, I don't think you would.
Speaker 1: We've had to be faced with that crewse strikes AATSI striking, but in the bids the show goes on like you know what I mean? Yeah, but I okay, find non union people think of.
Speaker 2: It like this, if the actors were striking, you would not work, no, because you're in the union also. But that's what he was doing. He wasn't. It wasn't like the editors were striking and the reporter was crossing. The whole thing was quartered he was correct. The reporters were striking and he's the reporter, and it's like, I know, this is your dream job the LA Chronicle or whatever fake name mega the.
Speaker 1: I was impressed by the exterior shot of it with the signage.
Speaker 2: Didn't somebody like throw an egg or something?
Speaker 1: Oh was that a tomato or an egg or or an orange? I couldn't tell.
Speaker 2: They threw it.
Speaker 1: Somebody threw something at Brandon and hit him. It's pretty.
Speaker 2: Episodes are so exhausting because they give me like whiplash. I'm like, what's happening? Who are these people? I don't understand what's happening?
Speaker 1: All right? I feel I feel you, and I know people did.
Speaker 2: Did mister Taylor date Missus Malone for one day before they got engaged? Like the timeline is.
Speaker 1: I guess crazy if you're watching the show, it's one day, But maybe it was they had a week together. No, because the big well, because the last episode was bye bye to the baby, and now Kelly's perfectly fine about that.
Speaker 2: So there was maybe one mention of it.
Speaker 1: But Donna's storyline seems to be quite connected.
Speaker 2: To the last episode.
Speaker 1: Fair fair time wise right, fair, Yeah, So it has to have been like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's unhinged.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are the chances that the two rival girls on the correct they're it's so trope. It's so their parents are gonna get married.
Speaker 2: A so bananas, because we're supposed to be like almost like, oh my gosh, this is crazy. The two like Nemesis is I have no idea how you say that I'm a pirate, But it was so absurd that you can't be like invested in it because it's too absurd. One day he's at a prison. She doesn't care that he was in the slammer for like frauding millions. I don't even know what your dad's crime was.
Speaker 1: Does he even have money now since he went to jail.
Speaker 2: And there's a whole wedding somehow there was a wedding.
Speaker 1: Wedding whipped together with floral and I mean a then I think that missus Malone could make that.
Speaker 2: Happen possible, but was I Mischelle Phillips? But then your dad bales what the and then you have to go tell her all this. I would have been like, let's just both not show up. I hate these people like that was the other thing.
Speaker 1: Why the whole crew is there, Donna? Noah? People don't even know Jack. No nobody knows Jack.
Speaker 2: Why did we also throw a birthday party into the whole mess? I was like, what is actually happening? The surprise party she doesn't want, and then there's a surprise party, and then then was this the one with the guitar off? No? Was that last week?
Speaker 1: Which episode hold on Real Life is smirging with what you're saying right now. I went to this hold one place Tangent went to this concert for fourth of July at the La Coliseum and it was I don't know which to benefit Feeding America. So I was there on behalf of Feeding America.
Speaker 2: This was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was really cool. It was Queen Latifa.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was streamed on I heard something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was a big deal and it was really fun. There were thousands of people there, so I did my thing for Feeding America acts. Okay, first of all Queen Latifa saying I know amazing. Then Shaka con Way performed the.
Speaker 2: He's out of it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, okay, my best best. You guys are still going here. Okay, So I'm backstage really excited looking for Queen to say hi because we know each other. And I was trying to find Queen Choka Khan because when I was younger, I had a dance like my dance I want to be a dancer and I want to dance Shaka Khan, Chaka Khan.
Speaker 2: I think I.
Speaker 1: Love you, Jenny, you can sing. But so I was trying to find her and then I found her like a whole entourage, and I'm walking around like wide eyed, being like looking for her, and her backup singers are gorgeous and they're like, she's over there, and I look over there and she's sitting spread legs, sitting on a folding plastic chair, ripping a grit, just like sparkled out, did you get to say moments before she took did you get to say Hi? No? I was too scared.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: So full circling it back to the guitar off that you mentioned, which I had no idea what you're talking about. But with David, oh that was last week. You don't get to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Oh please? That was like I want to talk about that forever. Wait.
Speaker 1: But to finish my Chakakan story, the guitarist was this young haughtie and we had seen him back stage and he was like like didn't fit in with the whole crowd. He was like young and trendy and like electric guitar guy. So he takes the stage with Chaka Khan and they are vibing on stage and he's like rocking it out, making all the like rock star. Oh and we were dying laughing. So go ahead, that's.
Speaker 2: All my say.
Speaker 1: But I love the whole past Smashing Pumpkins played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew it was a great nommental yeah, because it was a really good line.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you like hung out and listened to Smashing Pumpkins. I remember in the nineties in my black dressing room phase. That's so I was listening to a portes head Smashing Pumpkins. Oh yeah, do they do fireworks? They did fireworks. I left before the nighttime ones because.
Speaker 2: Of course you did this, and he got.
Speaker 1: Scary, and I was like, I need to get home.
Speaker 2: Everywhere forty five you guys, we gotta get to Oh I knew. I get back to the house.
Speaker 1: I knew my dogs were panicking, and they were, but anyway, it was with it. And then I missed the Chris Stapleton act completely.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I knew there was somebody that you were not mentioning. That was massive. Yeah, I was really bummed, but I mean, that's huge. Chris Stapleson is amazing.
Speaker 1: I know it was really fun.
Speaker 2: Anyways, back to the did you get to go on stage? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I spoke to the audience about Feeding America and the charity and benefit sales.
Speaker 2: And are you telling me these things ahead of time?
Speaker 1: They started this thing called it's called America to fifty, so it was a celebration for two fifty and then they're gonna they're starting a new tradition called Joela July fourth, Giving fourth, So there's giving Tuesday. Now there's going to be a giving.
Speaker 2: I like it all. I always give at the grocery store, you know, and they're like, will you add a dollar for Feeding America or whatever it is. I was like, yes, I will, Yes. Have you shopped at home Goods and if you give to their charity? They get in the microphone and they're like, thank you to our customer up front right now who just gave a dollar or two whatever. I'm always like, how about you don't do that part. I'll donate, so you don't do that part. Like it gets me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm always the one that shopping in the back and I hear that and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, they do woo okay, anyway, let's talk about tories. Also just sort of ridoculous storyline. Yeah, she makes all the dresses, nobody wants to buy them. Then Noah, I guess paid the store to buy them. It was so confusing.
Speaker 1: He got her into the store first of all, and then he bought all the the dress store. Confusing, and he's doing it for stupid right, like sweet reasons.
Speaker 2: Leave them in the store for a few weeks before you buy them all up, like what's happening? And then they make up, which is fine too.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it wouldn't it be nice to have a Noah totally, but like whatever you do in life, he's just right there to like make sure it's a success. Now, I would just be.
Speaker 2: Like, can I just be a lady who lunches? Let's just forget this clothing line. And then she wants to open the store, which we know eventually will have it. It's just like the whole episode is messy to me. I'm like, I don't understand what else was there. This wasn't enough Brandon's job, the wedding, the birthday party, the whole Like, it's just a mess.
Speaker 1: David gives valid charm bracelet.
Speaker 2: For her after she says she hates the charm bracelet.
Speaker 1: It's just like and that sends her into like memory lane of bad stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got a rough situation growing up, no wonder she's such.
Speaker 1: A wreck, and it does make you like soften towards her when you know her backstory. Yeah, but I'm sure next week she'll be up to somewhere.
Speaker 2: I know that. And by the way, if I may, where David lives, where Hilary Swanke used to live. Is the fakest set.
Speaker 1: Of all times, so fake and why are there still kids? It's on the porch.
Speaker 2: Also when the guitarist, which I still want to talk about that so bad, I swear his apartment in quotes, I literally thought I saw storage in there like that it was the set storage because they barely show his ever.
Speaker 1: Just in front of the window.
Speaker 2: It just looked the fakest it is like it, I know, but it looked like a six frade play. It was so bad.
Speaker 1: That was a set, Yeah, really.
Speaker 2: Really really bad. There are times when the beach apartment looks pretty rough. It's not when they're in the front, it's when you're in the back. Porch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that looks bigelo Oh my god. So how about the Wall show? Do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: Not fake at all, doesn't bother me at all. That one seems totally well done. Yeah, it seems like they're shooting it in the house.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm hmm.
Speaker 2: But David's place is horrific. It's so bad. Well, they put all the money into the Walshes.
Speaker 1: They can't live there for very long.
Speaker 2: I say that, I'm quickly. You're really looking forward to Dylan coming back. I started just like getting so excited about that, and like that's what's keeping him going.
Speaker 1: When's he coming back?
Speaker 2: Maybe like ten episode? What episode is this? Twenty five? So I think he comes back like episode nine of next season. Not that long.
Speaker 1: I mean, we still have to get to thirty three.
Speaker 2: Correct, But then we end the more by the way, everybody giving us so much crap about when we say Jason leaves season eight, like he's literally in four or something episodes maybe five of season nine, Like we're not that wrong when we say he basically leaves at season eight.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like generalization, yes that.
Speaker 2: It's like he's not because it feels like he's on the off.
Speaker 1: Ramp right now. When he when he got that phone call to go for that interview, I was my heart was like, oh no, this is this is it. He's leaving.
Speaker 2: I know that's not even it, ye, but I'm yeah, I'm really counting down for Dylan to come back. It's kind of interesting because well, I'll save it. I'll say this, see you guys in fourteen weeks, and I'll tell oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, something I look forward to is always good, even if it's in fourteen weeks. But this episode, if you would have to give it a number, well.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I am going to say. And I again, I've lost because I watched both episodes back to back. So I am gonna say that Lindsey Price Janet that has been a positive.
Speaker 1: Is a fresher breath there that is actually a fresher breath, a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 2: That's when you just go menopause. Menopause. I know, my my plant or fascy itis or whatever, my heel I guess maybe I have heel pad issues. I don't know that's improved. But my frozen shoulder came back. It's like a whack a mole. It's like, oh, that gets better at Disco's warfare menopause is actually warfare when you know that when like on Instagram, they're like that person's just out there fighting for their life. That's what I feel like every day. I'm like, he's out of here fighting for my life. Like I got this, I got my special flip flops. They're supposed to help my planter Fastye, So Lindsey is a plus. The rest of the stuff I almost said, Sah is a mess to me, just goobily gooked up mess, give me less and give me better? Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: But is Steve going to have this temporary band aid girlfriend Jill?
Speaker 2: That's the whole thing, is like I don't even I'm not even into Jill here. I'm like, I don't care, Jill. You're mad, You're not mad? You love him? You don't you leave? Also, do we even know you? What's happening? She's running up the hotel where I'm like what hotel is?
Speaker 1: But I feel hope. I feel some hope inside me that next week Mike could be made be better.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're gonna watch it. I think it's not till season nine. I think Season eight is absolutely whatever.
Speaker 1: The next episode is Season eight, episode twenty six, All that glitters. It will probably have nothing to do with anything glittering.
Speaker 2: It's all worth it because of the guitar piano off that was they're likeating a song. I know, but can we just talk about a little bit of more. Their career is love. They found from apartment to apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it was like noodling. It was like did do.
Speaker 2: And then did he come over with? Like a cassette tape? Takes me back?
Speaker 1: My god. Anyway, I don't want to think about that episode. Before we go?
Speaker 2: What was your first car again?
Speaker 1: A Cabria convertible cabrio leg used, very used, Yeah, but it was this color.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, that really is good. You win on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, But the first day I had it, I rearranted my mother stop it.
Speaker 2: No, you did not stop it in your own driveway.
Speaker 1: Well, we had just picked up the car and we were going back. She was driving in front of me and I was following her and no, no you didn't. So well I think I got there was a squirrel or something.
Speaker 2: I have one funny story before we go. I bought this car in Nevada and I had to get it reregistered in California. So I literally bought the car in Nevada, drove it down to La parked it at the Santa Monica DMV, went inside to reregister it, came out, and someone smashed the car. I was even in it in the parking lot of the DMV. Like, what is more classic than getting your car wrecked in the parking lot of the DMV and.
Speaker 1: You didn't even do it.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even in it. I was not even in it. I saw it.
Speaker 1: The student drivers definitely not going to get their driver's license and say that.
Speaker 2: I just called hond and was like, Hi, I'll be bringing the car in, see you guys later anyway. So that's our stories, which I think we're maybe more entertaining than this episode.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give it a number.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it a I have to give it a six. I'm sorry, it's just messiness.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it a six and a half because of Valeries little having to go down memory lane for a moment.
Speaker 2: It has the potential to be good, and then it's just like swirly, I don't need this wedding and I.
Speaker 1: Don't like Ally's hair at all. Oh do the short hair is still so pixy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. In season nine, you start to look like you look.
Speaker 1: Now, and my hair looks amazing red though, yeah yeah yah.
Speaker 2: Week with I think Noah's hot too, I don't. I'm unbothered by him. See you don't. I'm unbothered by him.
Speaker 1: I'm bothered by him, but not as a human being, just as a character on the show.
Speaker 2: That's so funny because I'm starting to enjoy his scenes more than Stephen Brandon right now. I don't know why. I'm like, these two we got we got to get them something good. Yeah, it's true, but we will. We will right the wrongs. Okay, have a great week, everybody, trust us on this.
Speaker 1: To you next week. He