Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this special week Trend Monday morning edition of Enrique production of iHeart Radio. Yeah, this is a podcast where you take a deep brab in American's shareconsciousness. And this is the this is the one where we do we tell the people what happened, what happened over the weekend, what's going on a couple of days? What the heck? I'm Jack, that's Miles. How are you doing, Miles?
Speaker 2: I'm thank you.
Speaker 3: That's how I'm doing in the state of gratitude, constantly consistently, Yes, thank you sir, please.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm thank you. So that's me.
Speaker 1: How was uh?
Speaker 2: How's Joysey Joysy Baby?
Speaker 1: Joysy is great? Yeah, been getting up early, going in the ocean early, wake my ass up, doing some uh some Kendall Roy flow back in the ocean. About anybody else.
Speaker 2: I mean we were texting about it earlier.
Speaker 3: That Honestly, to me, I think it's one of the purest, huge human pleasures you can have, is to just float on your back in the sea and like just just take it.
Speaker 2: In like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pure until like I literally I told you, I literally like as I was getting in the water pictured Kendall Roy. Yeah, been been enjoying my something I talked about I think as an underrated recently of like the beach as nature, as like getting into nature, you know, like we like my In my mind when I think about the beach, I think of ken uh from from the Barbie Movies version of the Beach, just like each tow I am beach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do beach good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very different but going down like real early, you know, before a lot of people get there. There's like the sandpipers going in and out of the waves, and to wait, a sand piper. They're like that, this is what I've decided. I actually haven't go okay the ornithological uh, but but I think basically the movie they're little birds that like when the wave watched his back, there's like the little clams and they lams and then when the wave comes they run back.
Speaker 3: You know. This is so like sandpiper is just one of those words that is like anytime you go near the coast, there's something called the sandpiper. And yeah, I never in my life gave it any thought until just now.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: Never it never occurred to me that it was a bird. I thought it was some kind of like I thought it was some dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like an old timey job that would like we romantic. I was like, oh yeah, and you know, Bill's a sandpiper, Like what's the fun like the lamplighter kind of like, yeah, it's a sandpiper.
Speaker 1: Okay, beach blanket, bingo. I'm known as the sandpiper. You know what I'm saying. I feel like that. I was like, whose phone is ringing? It is mine? And that's okay. I'm very popular.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyway, uh, the quarterback we were we were I was body surfing. Body surfing, I think underrated. I would say, uh, you know, because you don't have to have any balance to do it. And then get that I noticed that there was like a wave going perpendicular to the other waves, and I was like, what is happening there? And I was like, oh, something's something's in the water with me. And I briefly had the moment where I was like, am I gonna get my whole ship bitten? But it was a it was a ray, so it's out of the water. But I was like, not this way the ocean, yeah, man, really real good vacations just play, you know, building sand castles with the kids. I love to hear chilling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just see my son to sit upright. We gotta we gotta get to that milestone before started building sand castles. He's still you know, six months.
Speaker 1: Night child in the ocean though I thought I saw a picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, her put them down to a little little little beach beach day anything. He's he fucking he spends more time at the beats than I ever have as a child. I'm it's so funny because I'm not, like I've talked about this. I'm a fucking spoiled LA person who's like, if it's not it's not hot, I don't go to the beach.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: And you know her majesty, being from DC, She's like, oh, I'll be there fucking every day.
Speaker 2: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So a lot of the times when she has like a minute, she'll.
Speaker 2: Be like, yeah, it's gonna go, just go pop in real quicks he what's up? So anyway, shout out all the water creatures.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was a beach baby, and I was known for how much sand I ate bo And that explains a lot. I think I've talked about that. I was like dumb until the age of like eight. I think I was just like peop, Oh, yeah, kid is slow.
Speaker 3: You're not the one who put the floaties on your ankles, right, But that seems like some shit I would have done.
Speaker 1: I think I might have actually done that. I'm getting a sense memory of floating upside do.
Speaker 3: I'm just sort of like, this has gotta work, and it's like, no, you're just inverting.
Speaker 2: Yourself by putting you on your ankles. Yeah, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: It happened, all right. Should we give them overrated?
Speaker 2: They want? Give them what they come here.
Speaker 1: For, not the news, the people, to quote Jalen Rose quoting Bob Marley, should what do you want to start off with? Underrated?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Let's go under all right?
Speaker 1: You want to kick it off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will do uh. Karaoke.
Speaker 3: I was at a karaoke birthday party over the weekend, and I have not been since two years before the pandemic, so it had been a minute and I realized how fucking fun it is, and also like it's a really if people are open enough to like want to sing, you really learn a lot about people based on their song choice. Based on how well they know a song, finding out people are like sleeper vocalists, which is always my favorite thing when like you kind of like it's like a mixed group. It was like one of my really close friends husband's birthday, so it was like a lot of her friends, but then a lot of his friends who I tangentially and some people were just coming.
Speaker 2: Like one dude killed corn freak on a lesha. Wow, like even with the.
Speaker 3: That part killed it and everyone was like okay, like okay, so gauntlet has been thrown down.
Speaker 2: Uh so yeah, I just love it. You know, y'all know me. I'm a I'm a tortured fake singer.
Speaker 3: Still the same og, still singing off key, you know me. But yeah, I think it's just like again, just it's it's truly like it's it's.
Speaker 2: A great, great birthday party.
Speaker 3: And I think singing is one of those like act it's so fucking cathartic. It's like more cathartic than most like things you would do at a party, I think, aside from maybe like abusing substances, which isn't healthy, but I think just belting out a tune, full voice, even if you can't hit the notes it's just liberation right there, diet liberty.
Speaker 1: Do you perform where'd you go with? Uh?
Speaker 2: I did Rock sand by the Police.
Speaker 1: Okay uh? And then Register.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I did oh Kiss from a Rose obviously got to.
Speaker 1: See it, of course. And then when you hit the high notes, do you have one finger in one ear and the other hand kind of.
Speaker 3: Like ride in the wave of the I'll do the thing where I go to me, you're lack of grown addiction that I can do not And they're like, this, here's a harmony.
Speaker 2: Won't you tell me? Is it healthy? Babe?
Speaker 3: And I'll do that line and we were like, whoa he found he went he took the alternate off on that. I'm like, I'm kind of insufferable when I sing that song because like I love it so much.
Speaker 2: I'm like, here's yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: But then also, this fucking place didn't have my fucking song, which is Monto Jordan, this is how we do it.
Speaker 2: They did not have that on the fucking machine. What I was I thought I was.
Speaker 3: I thought I was like having some kind of like episode, like I didn't know how to how the letters worked. I was like, it's not coming up, like I'm spelling the whole song names.
Speaker 1: Really weird a staple, right, Yeah, that feels like a top twenty five karaoke song.
Speaker 3: They don't have Tina Turner, like there was no Tina Turner songs. It was pretty yeah, it was. It was interesting, but then they had like fucking like Roddy Rich the fucking box.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, what, yeah, you gotta have the box.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, you got rotten.
Speaker 1: Maybe, but yeah, I mont Tel Jordan like, that's that's a timeless classics that's.
Speaker 2: Like a washed commandment.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to even express that, but it's in stone as something you must have.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyway, shout out karaoke.
Speaker 1: Shouto Montell Jordan. Who my friend Blake caught at the I forget what State Fair was. He performed three songs. He performed this is how we do something for the honies, and then this is how we do it again. There all right? My underrated is explaining inside jokes to your parents. My mom like maybe the third question she asked me upon arriving, seeing her for the first time in many months, She said, I have a question. I was listening to the podcast I listened to like an episode a month ago, and then I listened to a recent one and you guys kept saying this phrase and I didn't know what it meant. What is grimace coming? For a little background about my mom, she is the same wonderful woman and also happy birthday to her a couple of days ago. I'm sorry, happy birthday. Mom. She's the same woman who when we went to see something about Mary together, okay, like leaned over and asked me what is he looking for at the part after he jerks off and is looking for.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Mom?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, explain that.
Speaker 2: You had a fucking bizarre flashback? Oh no, what did you tell her?
Speaker 1: I like, look, do you say yeah scenario?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: First of all, I cause you're You're obviously a funny guy. You have your your unbound sense of humor. You you can find humor in many things. Does she know like what is your what is your you and your mom's relationship to like how funny you could be as a kid, or what was like too blue of like the kind of comedy around your mom kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I think listening to this podcast, like I get a little more loose on this podcast than I've ever been around them. So yeah, I think probably I did feel uh trouble explaining the backstory of the grim shake, why we found it so strange that it was purple, and then you know, it was just like and you know what. She's like, Oh, yeahs come.
Speaker 2: Is the joke?
Speaker 1: And then it be and then it became a viral trend. It's actually one of the most important things we've ever done on the on the podcast was actually like really impactful. She was like, Nah, they probably just came up with that on their own. That was no, Mom, that wasn't you guys influence.
Speaker 2: No, Mom, it's because of us. It's because we were coming at the top of our lungs.
Speaker 1: Give it to me. And then they were doing like Grimace Shake cocky videos.
Speaker 2: What is god?
Speaker 1: Oh boy?
Speaker 3: Oh so you really were like the kid who just had a sleepover and is coming back saying all kinds of wild ship to your mom.
Speaker 1: She's like, Wow, that's right, my mom. Is that person? Actually, now, after after having listened to our show.
Speaker 3: What's he gonna tell all her homegirls, She's like, y'all try that Grimace come over at McDonald's.
Speaker 1: What you guys get it?
Speaker 2: You guys get it? Because it's like, weird, it's purple.
Speaker 1: But it did make me wonder were we not setting that up enough? Like, are there confused people out there?
Speaker 3: I think some people would not fathom that we are going to just be so flippant about just just casually calling this milkshake the ejaculate of a story about character from the McDonald's universe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe if we had called it the Grimace ejaculate, if.
Speaker 2: We said Grimace's seamen that maybe President I don't know, is that gang? Let us know? Did was that? Was that? Was that a bit of a misstep there?
Speaker 1: Did you guys come in confused as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or was it our incessant hammering home of that point for nine months straight? I don't know which one? Right in, right in, right in?
Speaker 1: Let us know, let us know, all right, Well, what's something you think is over?
Speaker 3: Okay, so on the back of good karaoke and this is an LA thing, gentrified karaoke because in Los Angeles, Korea town is the fucking place to do karaoke. Okay, there's things called like node Bang, which is like you know, Korea like those It's like a fucking full on restaurant, full on bar with private rooms. You can fucking do everything in there, and it's got great food. I went to this place and I recognized it because it was in a basement and like there aren't too many like subterranean like karaoke spots in K Town.
Speaker 1: That was the same spot that you went to that didn't have Yes, how we do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, But when I went previously, this place was so dark.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, when you go in now, like it's completely like revamped. It's like we've got the like we're part of Diner's week, and like we've got a great bar and like all these like fancy new remodeled rooms. I'm like, fire, Like, I don't give a fuck about the room because it just needs to be dark and this just needs to have my songs.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I don't need fucking fancy wallpaper and shit like that to make it look like a hotel suite.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they've done that now.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, wait, this is the same fucking spot, because like the layouts the same. You come down, the right is the karaoke room, the left is the bar area. When I went the past, it was all black. It was wild, illegal shit happening there. You could smoke cigarettes in there, you could smoke weed in there.
Speaker 2: They didn't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Okay, now this shit looked like the lobby of a boutique hotel. And this is the part that fucked me up. There was no Korean beer being served there, and I'm like, this, you're in Korea Town.
Speaker 2: That's like a fuck to me.
Speaker 3: They go hand in hand like I want to see I want to see Hepe. I want to be able to drink mochally, which is like the unfiltered rice one. That's like for me part of the thing. And they did everything they could. This menu just made it feel like, oh no, this is like a white people karaoke place. It just is in Korea Town. And I'm like, that's not I don't know if that's going to do your business much better, because the fun is to feel like you're you're doing something that's like a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Diverse or different. Because this did you google.
Speaker 1: If there was a private equity to take over, there's an infusion of venture capital cash or equity takeover.
Speaker 3: Well, which is wild because like it was nicer, So in a way, it's like it's worse because it's nicer.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like bizarro private.
Speaker 3: Equity kind of thing, like yeah, people probably be like objectively it's nicer and like the food is better, blah blah.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, no, no, like keep the fucking grime, keep the character. Anyway. I was a little bit disheartened by that, but anyway.
Speaker 3: Just just just keep Korea Town Korean Okay, you know what I mean, Like, let's not we don't have to erase like the legacies of these neighborhoods. And I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. But this place in particular, bit of a different vibe.
Speaker 1: Definitely keep This is how we do it on your rotation. Fucking La. Yeah for a karaoke place. I mean, I mean everywhere, but La especially.
Speaker 3: I'm it's about it's our it's we're hitting the show because we're faded, thank you.
Speaker 2: And I'm not talking.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Frenshaw Boulevard now come pleas please, And.
Speaker 1: We all knew that, and I knew that as a ten year old saying.
Speaker 2: Hey, some some kids didn't. Those are our inside jokes.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right. My overrated is the au tour theory. I just there are certain filmmakers who I really like as filmmakers, and I just want them to get a co writer who is not their brother or their homie.
Speaker 2: They grew up with a yes person basically.
Speaker 1: From Yeah, like Wes Anderson. His latest movie Like I just is like has its moments, looks very cool as a Wes Anderson movie should what would I come come for? But he wrote it with Roman Coppola, I think is his name, you know, like his uh And it's just like, I don't know, I didn't think the script was that great. Nolan wrote Oppenheimer by himself and you know it's based on a book obviously, but it's really good. I like Oppenheimer. I'll say that first of all, Like this should not keep you from seeing it, but he.
Speaker 2: There's just a criticism there.
Speaker 1: There is a little bit of a spoiler is what one character there is a woman character who is like doesn't really make sense, has mental illness and is holding the male protagonists kind of hostage with her madness.
Speaker 2: Wait are you describing every Christopher Nolan film?
Speaker 1: Right? That's Memento, that's Inception, and it's Oppenheimer just off the top of my head, and they like you just feel it in some of the scenes when it's like him Oppenheimer talking to Florence Pugh's character, Like, it just feels like a new movie, Like a scene from a new movie is spliced in, and there's like this ratitat like Hudsucker proxy banter and the reference. It's just like it just feels like, wait, that's not how, that's really how. Yeah, it's Coen Brothers and they're like like, I don't know if anyone ever talked like that, but I don't know. It's just Nolan's very good at what he does. But just like higher a one like we've talked about that study where people who were forced to work on a problem in diverse groups of people with people who weren't like them, they thought they did worse and they did a better job on the problem they were trying to solve, whereas when they were with people who were like them, they thought they were way more confident and they did way worse. And I just feel like that that needs to be told. He needs to read about that.
Speaker 2: About that study, limits right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's just there's always these moments, not always, but a lot of the time in his movies where a woman shows up and it's like the same fourteen year old boys inability to cope with women as human beings and as anything other than like an extremely powerful force that is like mysterious.
Speaker 2: And can destroy you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and could destroy you in some ways. It's just like that. It's a small moment, small critique, but I do just think in general there are some of our best filmmakers who could benefit from working with unlike minded people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or maybe just get out to get the fuck out of the way. Maybe too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you've done a lot knowing, you know, but maybe you know, bring somebody else up, bring somebody, pull somebody up, pull something. It's funny because yeah, like that the rest of us in his films, like why am I all screwed up because of this?
Speaker 2: Broad like the undertone of it. So, okay, well I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 2: I will let you know how I feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very It's like I really enjoyed. I saw it on the big Imax screen at uh the on Hollywood Boulevard.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, yeah, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I heard there's something like there's only like nine theaters on earth that can play it in seventy millimeters Imax basically I.
Speaker 1: Bought to take us like a week in advance, and we were like, you know, pretty pretty far up towards the screen. Yeah, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll catch up on some news. And we're back, and Ronda Santis continues to not have a very good time at the at the old presidential race.
Speaker 3: The old fuck factory, Florida fashion factory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's okay.
Speaker 3: So, if you recall a couple of weeks ago, the the Florida's Department of Education changed school curriculum to essentially say that like they actually there were benefits to slavery, like job skills, so let's stop the crime.
Speaker 2: Okay. Naturally, people are like, what in the fuck is going on there?
Speaker 3: This is a fucking just this is this is fucked like, there's no other way to describe this.
Speaker 2: And while many Republicans were like cheering this like literal.
Speaker 3: Like rewrite of history, uh, DeSantis faced some heat too, like like a few journalists are like, yeah, so is that what you believe, Like that's that's going on in your state, that's what you you want people to be taught.
Speaker 2: And he didn't think that.
Speaker 1: Help that into account. Was very thoughtful about the critique and of.
Speaker 3: Course, well let me think about that. Well, actually it was the Department of Education's call. If you and then and I have nothing. You know, that's just that's what they believe they wanted to do, and I'm backing them to do that. If you recall, we talked about this motherfucker was signing bills left and right about what school CAREERUM can and cannot include. So miss me with though I don't I don't know what the fuck's going on anyway, so way to fold the slightest bit of questioning. Then the backlash came over the weekend from black members of the GOP.
Speaker 2: I don't know why it took this long, but hey, it is. It is here.
Speaker 3: It has hit the shores of Florida, and it's there. The five black people in Congress are not happy. The five black Republicans in Congress, New Kid on the Hill Representative Wesley Hunt said quote, as the direct descendant of a slave, I have a hard time understanding Governor Desanders's position that that transferable skills learned in bondage are somehow a net benefit. If Ron Desonders spent more time doing the job the people of Florida elected him to do, and less time on his failing presidential campaign. Perhaps Florida's curriculum on slavery would more accurately reflect the pain and heartbreak experience by millions who suffered through the original sin, which is damn and this guy like, let's keep in mind, none of these people who I'm going to read quotes from are by any stretch of the imagination, like on the right side of even like you know, black liberation, but they know they do draw the line at I'm not gonna let a white person say that slavery was a net benefit to people.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. That's where the line is.
Speaker 3: Another newcomer, John James, he said he said slave number one, slavery was not CTE, which is like career technical education, Like you know what I mean, Like they're not the chronic what is it something encephalitis that the NFL players get nothing about four hundred years of evil was a quote net benefit to my ancestor's number two. They are only five black Republicans in Congress and you're attacking two of them. My brother in Christ, if you find yourself in a deep hole, put the shovel down. You are now so far from the Party of Lincoln that you're an education board is rewriting history and you're personally attacking conservatives like Tim Scott and Byron Donalds on the topic of slavery.
Speaker 2: You've gone too far. Stop.
Speaker 3: Byron Donalds again, who's a black man from Florida, said again just saying this is he did a fucking softball to DeSantis. He said, oh, this is not He's like, you know, the new African American Sanders, I don't know, are good, robust and accurate. That being said, the attempt to feature the personal benefits of slavery is wrong.
Speaker 2: It needs to be adjusted.
Speaker 3: That obviously wasn't the goal, and I have faith that the Florida Department of Education.
Speaker 2: Will correct this.
Speaker 3: Tim Scott, who's been gaining on DeSantis in a couple of poles, said quote, there's no silver lining in slavery. The truth is, whatever benefits you could have learned you would have had as a free person, what slavery is really about separating families, about mutilating him goes on and on and on and basically has like he also gave Tim Scott this moment to actually look like.
Speaker 2: He's actually a better pig than Round DeSantis. Yeah, during this whole time and.
Speaker 3: Again it's all all of their criticisms are valid, although they don't practice what they preached sadly, but in this moment, they all basically took their time to help just kind of bring DeSantis down a few pegs.
Speaker 1: And he said, listen, people have bad days. Sometimes they regret what they say, and we should ask them again to clarify their positions, to be like, so, are you sure, yeah, do you want to clarify this statement? Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to make sure you have the same energy from in the text threat, right, because if you don't, then what the fuck is going on? And it's like people are saying all these comments like Ron DeSantis, this is what fucking he said, Like this was his defense from these, you know, comments from black Republicans.
Speaker 4: Quote, at the end of the day, you gotta choose, are you gonna side with Kamala Harris and the liberal media outlets or are you gonna are you gonna side with the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: Wait, what the fuck does Kamala Harris have to do.
Speaker 3: With because a black woman, I'm honestly I think it's just the laziest racism. It's like you're just gonna side with this black woman or and a lot of people like accusing these people of doing Kamala Harris is bidding, I think just because she's the most visible like black democrat right now. Jesus Christ and you know, other people are being like, oh, these people are.
Speaker 2: Supposed conservatives are rhinos and other ships.
Speaker 3: So it's just a fucking disaster. He can't he can't even he's fucking this up too. It's kind of wild how bad it's getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've also seen some media from like the Washington Post being like the Chances just being like taket there. I've seen some like washing or not Washington Post, Wall Street Journal stories trying to like take his side the like they're just mad that he like killed it so hard during the pandemic. So I feel like he there's going to be a resurgence and like a backlash to the backlash with them being like is this restaurant because Trump looks fucked like and there's I don't know about these other people.
Speaker 2: They don't know, they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this this is not a not a good look.
Speaker 2: I honestly Trump is still their best shot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, every Wall Street Journal doesn't know that, and they don't want to admit that.
Speaker 4: No, no, you can't, So go with me. Meet ball Ron three putting fingers DeSantis.
Speaker 1: It's no wonder the ocean's one hundred and one degrees here because I've been taking some heat. That's how I should have introduced it. Anyways, Trump more charges more. Uh you know that this is kind of more of the same as the Jack Smith investigation into the document to mar A Lago documents. Yeah, and we got some new new players. New players have entered the game. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The one guy, Carlos di Olivera is the newest, the newest named defendant in this case. And remember, Okay, so in June when Jack Smith first came out and was like giving his speech and all that shit. I don't know if you're we talked about this quote that was like in CNN about how someone had drained the mar A Lago pool and tried to flood a server room where there's surveillance footage was captain. We're like, that's so sensational, that sounds fucking dumb. Well, it sounds like it's true because this guy basically was the person in charge of all this shit. And not only was he like trying to fuck around the server room, he then just went to like one of the it guys at mar A Lago and he's like, yeah, so I need you to delete all the security footage so the FEDS don't get their hands on it basically, and when the guy's like, I don't even know if I know how to do that or can do that. Actually, this guy, Dio la Vera, is like, yeah, well the boss wants it done, so cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know what. Yeah is that poor.
Speaker 3: Dude thought he was gangster, you know, Diolavera. He's also charged with line of the FBI because then they're like, what do you know about this?
Speaker 2: He said, I didn't see shit. No, that's no comment up in the station. That's all I know. It's relaxation.
Speaker 3: And but now this dude is looking at some gangster charges, so we'll see if he flips. That's the big thing now, is like you got like this guy's due to fifty six year old employee of the hotel just getting caught up. I don't know if he's down for maganees or whatever. They they're probably promising can be done if he keeps his mouth shut. But yeah, it's it's more is happening. And again, like to our point that we keep saying, I don't know if that's going to change anything, because he could still win.
Speaker 1: He still has it demolishing every one of the polls, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because I mean if you look at the math, like there's like just that thirty ish percent that is going nowhere, right, and then plus like a ten percent ish people like you know, there's like other people just will never vote for Joe Biden. You can find a coalition there on some level, depending how things go. But you know, another thing that was pointed out his Trump's legal spending now outpacing his fundraising.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean yeah, that's got to be expensive, right, forty million bottomless.
Speaker 3: Well forty million in legal fees in the last quarter in like apparently in one yeah, he raised only he raised a paltry thirty five million q two five million dollar difference there, jesus.
Speaker 2: So I'm guessing a new round of Trump n fts is probably coming out or something.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this one where he's like shaking hands with the aliens or whatever. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: No, it's by him like doing like a fucking like tombstone pile driver on a fucking alien off the top rope.
Speaker 1: We know how when he shakes hands, he like pulls your shoulder out of your socket and it always looks like it's the first step in a some jiu jitsu move.
Speaker 2: That you want to see. Alien watch this ship.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a let's take a quick break, and we'll come back and talk about Taylor Swift, Arthur and other pop culture bullshit. We'll be right back and we're back. And so it was reported that Taylor Swift show in Seattle got so rare that her fans literally caused an earthquake during the show.
Speaker 3: Wait caused or had measure of blake. They like they fucked up a fault, Like they activated enough.
Speaker 1: It was enough that there was seismic activity equivalent to a two point three magnitude earthquake. So, you know, like Jurassic Park shit, like when when the t Rex takes a step. Yeah, you're you know, you're you're a couple of blocks away and you're looking at a glass of water and it's trembling.
Speaker 3: You're near lumen Field and your glasses shardon a is wobblingsow what is going on out there?
Speaker 1: So supposedly it was a combination of her fans, the sound system during shake It Off, which I don't know Taylor's full catalog, but it's interesting to hear. That's as hard as it goes is shake it Off? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that like the most turned up song of Taylor Swiss?
Speaker 1: It's probably the one that, like, is most danceable for everyone? Yeah, all right, okay, because the players don't there, let's be contributing the same site, or at least the same city was responsible for another seismic activity when it was called the Beast Quake, in which Seahawks fans Seattle Seahawks fans went nuts following a famous last minute touchdown by Marshaun lynch Ay. That was twenty eleven. The Swift concert shook the ground twice as hard.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Conservative media is gonna love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are you think about that? Marshawn?
Speaker 2: You Berkeley Bay Area lib.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty two alone, people like Garth Brooks and Florence and the Machine made headlines for similarly causing measurable seismic activity. I feel like this might be just one of those stories. That pr teams get going to just be like this is such a while.
Speaker 2: And every earth if it happens, every world cup too.
Speaker 3: Like when MESSI scored there was an earthquake in Argentina or Mexico, there was an earthquake in Mexico City, which I yeah, you get it.
Speaker 2: People are fucking losing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I do. I am. I have always been interested in like human induced seismicity. That's a that's actually a Wikipedia page that you could go look up. It's a good time.
Speaker 2: In case you thought I was thought you were making up that word. Yeah, seismicity.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I was gonna say seismic activity. But they they went ahead and collapsed that those of us who like and you know, I remember hearing that like the that dam in China. I think it was the three gorgeous damn made the earth wobble on its axis.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah right.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel so I don't believe it, just like I don't believe in dinosaurs, yeah, or the stock market. But yeah, I just I can't comprehend an event that's so big that it causes like like earthquakes and seismic activity. I've always thought belong in the like something that just comes down from on high for me or style, but it's apparently not all that uncommon for dams like man made reservoirs. And then a bunch of other like energy industry bullshit like fracking, carbon capture, wastewater injection to actually cause earthquakes. Like a lot of people think that that's why Oklahoma has so many earthquakes today because yeah, fracking, and just it's a state that's run by energy extraction industries and right, so it's a fucking mass. But all of which to say, I'll be impressed when Taylor Swift Concerts make the Wikipedia page for human induced says message.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that the that the US Geological Survey clears up that most induced earthquakes are actually not directly caused by hydraulic fracking. The recent increase in earthquakes in the Central US primarily caused by the disposal of waste fluids that are a byproduct of oil production. Okay, so let's meal, let's not give all the credit to fracking.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's from old school oil production for the reason.
Speaker 1: We're just fucking the earth with oil industry garbage.
Speaker 2: Juice, and it's trying to be like the ship off of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: The one thing I would love to know is like I would love to be like just outside the stadium to be like yo yo, because you're not gonna feel that shit jumping up and down like in the fucking building. But I would if you're saying it's a two point three, like, I'd lay down on the ground, just my just my face on the concrete, just to see, like kind of feel the.
Speaker 1: Earth viber feel the earth breathe feel that man like that.
Speaker 2: Try Sarah Toops in Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the parking lot does that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just lay its big tummy and go.
Speaker 1: There's a little paragraph in the Wikipedia page on human induced seismicity that I found freshing. It says during the beginning of the Vagant Dam in Italy, there were seismic shocks recorded during its initial fill. After a landslide almost filled the reservoir in nineteen sixty three, causing a massive flooding and around two thousand deaths, it was drained and consequently seismic activity was almost non existent. That's like, for some reason, that feels refreshing. Unfortunately, like they fucked with the earth. The Earth killed a bunch of people, and they were like, oh, oh, okay, fuck that. Then we'll move along here, and the earth stopped killing people, and which the lesson was learned that day and then quickly forgotten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, it just needed a two thousand body sacrifice for the earth.
Speaker 1: The Earth is hungry today, folks, the right is coming for Arthur. Now. The latest book to be challenged in Florida schools is Arthur's birthday. I mean, there's been a lot of dumb efforts to ban books made by a small number of highly mobilized bigots, but it's it's fucking Arthur, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, well what's going on. They're having a rainbow party or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Arthur's having a rainbow party. He's got yellow lipstick on, sucks like three dicks and like you see the yellow ring on the Now I'm gonna have to explain what a rainbow party is. You know, watch Oprah Oprah.
Speaker 3: Yes, google rainbow party Oprah, because it's thank you, it's damaging the nation.
Speaker 1: The booking question scandalously involves a reference to playing spin the bottle, which one guy thinks will result in students damaged souls. Yeah, you know, and so you're assuming, Okay, so there's a game of spin the bottle, Arthur goes in the closet. There's like a bunch of sucking and fucking that happens like for carew or four pages. No, it just ends with him like he's I think, nervous about it. And then he gets a spin the bottle bottle for his birthday, like as a present. But the guy complaining about the book is the Florida chapter president of No Left Turn in Education, which is one of those right wing groups that has tried to ban thousands of books, and last December he said that he had compiled a list of over three thousand, six hundred titles that I believe have concerning content including porn, critical race theory, social emotional learning which is like god, their favorite things wild that that's thrown in there, and fluid gender.
Speaker 3: Fluid gender slender fluidity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fluid gender flender. J Wow, Look I'm confused here, man, You're you're making me a sweat.
Speaker 3: I'm not a flender druid, Okay, I'm here saving damaged souls from learning. So it's and the book is just like by the end, there's no spin the bottle.
Speaker 2: You just got the its reference.
Speaker 3: There's nothing aside from referencing the cultural phenomen and on that has spin the bottle.
Speaker 1: That is mainly from the baby boomer generation. That's not shit the you know, like that's that's.
Speaker 3: The bottle on that show exactly. They're just getting right to it, folks.
Speaker 1: But Arthur has actually traditionally been like very bipartisan author. Mark Brown collaborated with both Bush administrations and also Obama. And there's an episode of Arthur in which he grabs pizza with an Ardvark version of Bill Clinton. So I don't know, hey, keb may include Arthur. But also when Mark Brown was collaborating with George W. And Laura Bush, he traveled to Russia where he got drunk with Putin and then but then he did draw the line at Trump, So uh, he said, not only did he not want to work with Trump when he was president, he illustrated political cartoons featuring a nude Trump sitting on a golden throne. So his days since then have been numbered with the magat crown. Yeah, I'm guessing I get it. But just a reminder that these banning pushes are from a small number of people organized as part of mister flood the zone with shit, Steve Bannon's plan that we you know, we covered when he said this was going to be his plan, and now we were living through the fallout of this plan to make school boards the next battlefield for the Maga wars. You know, his first plan was he was like in gamer forums and being like, these these are people. There's a lot of unhappy, you know, alienated white children in here. Let's let's go, let's let's convert this into a fossil fuel. And you know, in this case, though, I feel like his plan like they are effective at drinking up media attention, causing you know, librarians and parents and you know, school board stress. But anecdotally, it doesn't seem to be like gaining grass roots momentum. Like it's still seems like when you hear about these movements, it's like, yeah, there are like six people from not our school district who like came to our school board meeting and just like fucked shit up. With regards to the book banning, like Washington Post has done a lot of reporting on this. The majority of the one thousand plus book challenges analyzed by the Post in one case, we're filed by just eleven people, and yeah, so it's it's very.
Speaker 3: It just shows you, guys, do you put your fucking heads together, you can cause untold stress for people across the country.
Speaker 1: But these are the people who are using insurgency tactics. Yeah, it is like a testament to how much shit can be raised by a few idiots. Now, imagine if the people who were fighting for progressive causes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean turns out I think we could probably get more than eleven people together. Yeah, I think just with the listener, more people show, we'd probably be more effective organizing tool than some of these fucking creeps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last week count there were thirteen of you, so let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, but we appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: We appreciate y'all, each and every one of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for this.
Speaker 1: And then finally, just you know, an update that still burning, the Twitter flash x dumpter fire continues to rage. So couple, yeah, a couple updates from this weekend. Word came that Yea's account is being reinstated because he personally promised Elon Musk that he'd stop posting Nazi shit. That's cool, no, he said, he said, he's cool. Twitter is also apparently still Twitter on Apple's app store because they have a policy that apps require at least two characters. Is another way that he just didn't think about this ship. And then finally he's got that big giant X sign on top of the Twitter h you, which sparked an investigation from the city for lacking proper permits. And then when an inspector showed up to take a look at the sign, Twitter staff told him that it was a temporary lighted sign for an event, which is clearly bullshit. Like he's been talking about how this is, like it's.
Speaker 2: Been screaming at it to his millions of followers.
Speaker 1: Right, but yeah, that that is why, Like there are people who live in the apartment building right there, right across from the sign, and it's just a constant, twenty four hours a day strobe light into your like unless you have blackout shades. Drong, that's that's what you're looking at, fucking loser.
Speaker 3: And over the weekend he was really tweeting some emo ass shit like he's like I've been you know, San Francisco is fucking dying, and like people are begging me to move the headquarters out of here, and I've been getting some pretty good offers, you know, to move this thing out of here, but I think we're gonna stay. And then and then said, somebody you know who your real friends are. I'm like, dude, please, just you're you're flailing so bad, and it just sucks that people who are like counting on this as a job have to just like be just you know, like you, yeah, have a passenger seat to this fucking plane crash.
Speaker 2: But here we are because one man's ego was doing ontold amounts of chaos.
Speaker 1: God it so no one even likes me right now, will like move and.
Speaker 3: Like I could, dude, because like people like they're like telling me to come to their house, dude, and I could, and they're like rich, dude, they have like baller ass houses too.
Speaker 1: Like Austin like wants me to move there, and like she's likes me more.
Speaker 2: Than the one that used to do porn.
Speaker 3: But then I told her to stop because if she loves me, she won't do that. Yeah, yeah, she stopped because she loves me, dude. That's what love is, dude. That's how kind of control I have, you know what I mean? Yeah, So I'm going to I'm going to Austin, dude that San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll see where this goes. They just really do not know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they next fuck up is gonna because you know, we're looking at some kind of he's gonna have to double down on something again soon. Yeah, and it's gonna be I don't know. He's already got yay back on the thing and people who post child abuse images.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know what's next.
Speaker 1: It does feel like I think we said about a year and a half ago that like he has entered as the new person that is just drinking up all the oxygen, Like we need a main character on the internet, and like he has been it now for like a year and a half and he just manages to find a new way to you know, ruin shit and you know, provoke media attention every single day.
Speaker 3: But it's it's amazing, but it's not really to any benefit to his businesses. Like everything we're talking about is like, yeah, he's fucking up Twitter. It's a garbage fire. It's the brand value has halved. And then it's like oh, Tesla, yeah they have a fake fucking the apartment to like gaslight you into thinking you're you're a fuck up for driving their cars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me just run the diagnostics real quick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's your problem.
Speaker 1: What Oh yeah, says you're gonna turns out you're an idiot. You know how to read.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm getting I'm getting an l W l W. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you seeing that in your dashboard l W get loser warning? Yeah, because that's what I'm seeing. Oh you're not getting Okay, so that's what's the problem here, You're a loser, dude.
Speaker 1: And then ring the bell another service appointment canceled, Sava, thank.
Speaker 3: You play there, Let me play the It's so stupid that that fucking that one quote from that story about how there's a metal xylophone like a metallophone in there, or they are they like running it up the side.
Speaker 1: It's like in a birth word where the sound they play when a new child is born. They do that when they cancel another person's service appointment a little bit worse.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine that there someone's like tear, like something happened to someone as a result of being turned away for service on their car, and then that that set off some kind of chain reaction or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm sure that that's happened, you know, hopefully nobody None of the heat tourists drove to Death Valley in a tesla thinking that they had three hundred and fifty miles of range, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that would be the most twenty twenty three story. And is heat tourists and a tesla misreading how much battery they had and then succumbing to our terrible climate catest.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it's like, you're right to itself.
Speaker 1: And then he allow Musk is like evading media questions because he's on a self made submarine looking for the rinkage of an alien space. Yes, boom boom, it turns out.
Speaker 2: It was us the whole time.
Speaker 1: That's right, we are all right. Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning. Thirty first, we are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, but good, be kind to yourselves. Get the vaccine, yep, don't do nothing about white supremacy. And we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.