Speaker 1: Rolling Rolling Serial Killers, Episode one, seventy seven, May third, twenty twenty one. Dun dun't du dunt dun't dun't Oh, I don't do you guys you like to eat? Don't dunt dun birthday today, birthday, Happy birthday, Birthday. First of all, it's me. I missed your birthday last week. My apologies. Happy birthday, Andrew. I hope it was wonderful. Hope you got everything you wanted and more. I did you did? Yeah? What'd you get? You know? The things? Okay, AirPods got it? Actually I played that because we are celebrating a birthday this year, but it's somewhat controversial. Actually, first of all, can we just do this real quick? I know you gotta start with something you don't like the songs. Let's just play this. This is serial Killers. Blah blah blah. Okay, welcome to serial Killers. Got to get past it because we're celebrating a very important birthday. Is it Chip? Chip? Is it Chip? You mean the wolf? Yeah? Or you said it? Man?
Speaker 2: I didn't literally anything that's just chipped. Like if I say potato Chip, are you gonna play it?
Speaker 1: Sorry? What about like someone's name Chip whose name is. There are a couple of people I've known some chips. Card I love potato chips. All right, stops, just stop, just stop, so listen. It's a really important celebration. Andrew. We got this in the mail. Okay, Yeah, I'm sorry. I hate when people say that it wasn't the mail. It was shipped to us because it came via UPS. Okay. You know people say, oh, I'm going to mail you a package. You're only mailing it if you're using USPS, the post Office. That's the mail. Such a little thing that only it is, but it irritates me anyway. So we got this box and this nice little letter from oh my gosh, I know what this one is from our friend Matt yeah at Post. Okay, and move on to the moving on MEMI because we got a package from Post. Yeah, dude, these little rinky dink serial podcasts with like ten followers, they're on all the lists from all these companies and they get everything. Because here's what's happening.
Speaker 2: We are going to start writing emails to these people saying thank you so much, we'd love to be on your list.
Speaker 1: Surf wait, and that's how you get things. But I'm not going to be a jerk, but how does okay we're not a wildly successful serial podcast. I mean, we have a lot of listeners and a lot of followers by now, how does like serial companies not have heard of us?
Speaker 2: Because think about it, they are an advertising agency or marketing agency.
Speaker 1: It's not you're you're reaching out to like Kellogg. I understand. Kellogg hasn't reached out to me. I understand. Now they need to deal with the sanitarium. I understand that. But there's got to be like some young you have to do the legwork and email them and just ask them to put us on our list. I get it, but there must be some young go get her at Kellogg's like Biff, who is like, you know, I heard this Cereal Killers podcast, dude, and let's send them stuff.
Speaker 2: No, because we don't do any advertising, so we need to start doing that too.
Speaker 1: Hello. I said that months ago, months ago, And then anytime I ever asked you, hey, Scott, can we do a commercial? Can't? Andy, I'm busy. Not a commercial, but just just just to hit the little click link on faithbook that says do you want to boost this post twenty bucks? Yes? Boost it, so then do it well because you don't have Facebook anymore. No, Okay, can we get to the cereal? This is really exciting for me. Great, you know what it is? What is it?
Speaker 2: It's the fruity, It's the it's the Pebbles fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: It's the birthday cake Pebbles Andrew, which I'm not gonna like. Why won't you like it? I don't like birthday cake. It's not a real flavor, okay, but you might like the taste even though you don't like the name. Yes, right, Happy birthday Pebbles. You're fifty. But but as far as I know, okay, Pebbles as they were called when they first came out of the Fruity variety, but it was the only one, so it was just called Pebbles with Fred and Barney came out in nineteen sixty nine, oh wow. And then Coco Pebbles followed in nineteen seventy. So that would be like fifty one or fifty two years old. Yeah, so I'm not sure where the fifty is coming from, but I'll accept it. And I thank you very much friends at Post for sending us this box of birthday cake. Pebbles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I take back what I say. I'm actually very excited for this one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you don't have to be excited just because they said to us you might not like it. You don't like the name. I know that because birthday cake to you could be many, many different flavors. The box is very shiny, and I like that it is. I do love it. Collector is fifty. Oh we shouldn't open this. It's the Collector's edition. Wow. Great, So now we're going to open up something that could make us money. Look on the back, can you unscramble those words? Andrew? Uh? Happape? What do you think it is? Yeah? Uh yea happy rib tar and habit rib the Yeah? Yeah do you think it's happy birth That's a tough one. I don't know happy birthday. Fred and Barney are so excited on there. Yeah, daba delicious is what I say? Can you just not say that ever? Again, it's in the commercials. I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't in the commercials. I got it. I need to start seeing some more cereal commercials. Well, I mean I used to play a bunch of pebbles commercials from the eighties. You know Barney was always trying to dress up and get friend's pebbles. Yeah yeah, Bonnie, Well he would figure it out and get pissed off my pebbles. I'm excited for this one. We're the Spoons. We're more excited for this one than I once was. I mean, look, it's wonderful of them to have sent it to us ahead of time. You can't get this in the store. Maybe right about now you can, because I believe it's supposed to be released late last month or early this month, which is May. Can you believe that we're in May? I know this year's been flying by, Holy hell on a hand basket. Here you go, buddy. Well, hopefully this summer is better than last summer. Yeah, well you ready? One? Two?
Speaker 2: It smells nice? Oh do you know what it smells like? Hold on, I need to take a break for one second and say this. It smells like my fave rice Krispy treat Cereal.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh look if they're and look they're lighter colored, they're like Pastelle. I can't really do it because I'm gonna ump milk. Look at that, Andrew. Yeah, there you go. They're pastels. They're yellow and blue and pink run sprinkles three. I mean they taste just like I would have expected androids pittrich cereal. Not really yes really yes no, yes, oh my god. I love all pebbles except the peanut butter chocolate one. So these are really good, very sweet tastes like you're sticking your finger and some dunk and hinds frosting. But that's probably what it's supposed to taste like. I'm having a meltdown. This is this is it? This is what went missing from my life is Iris Christy Trees. I have to say I'm a way bigger fan of cocoa pebbles. I like this. I wish we had something between four bowls and four bawls and a spoon. Do we still do the Demi like? Is it four balls and a Demi spoon? And we don't do that? Now? All right, I'm gonna go first, if you want, I'll go four balls on it. I like it, four balls, five balls. I bet the milk is delicious too. This thank you so much for bringing back they didn't it tastes? Not Rice Krisbey Tree. It is. It tastes exactly like one, but there's no clusters. There doesn't need to be. You remember how they got rid of it and then switched to the new formula that no one likes, that didn't taste anything like Rice Krispy Tree exactly, but this does. That's what I'm trying to say, you know, speaking of Rice Krispy Tree cereal that is gone from our lives, Lucky charms. You keep seeing these pictures of Lucky Charms online, of the Marshmallow Cluster cereal that's supposed to be just like Rice Krispy Treat cereal, and I'm not sure if it is a myth or a legend or what, because the picture of the box is out there. It's a turquoise box and I posted it a while back. But then I reached out to them and like, we don't know what you're talking about, because they said they had this big thing coming soon and they're just galactic. Have you seen the galactic Lucky Charms. No, I don't look at social media. I don't follow any cereal accounts, but so there's galactic yucky Yuky charms. Small stroke. I really am, but that's not funny, Andrew, I've seen a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of tiktoks where people do exactly what you did and say that, and so I think it is kind.
Speaker 1: Of humor issue. No, I know it's okay, I guess, just not when it, you know. Anyway, So I think that the new galactic Lucky Charms. I haven't tried them yet. I think they just have some different marshmallows and there's some sparkle in them or something like that. But I'm sure it tastes just the same. We'll get to it at some point. So four balls for me on the eye balls, I actually cleaned out. You could even use your cup again, that's how clean it is. That was delicious. Congratulations Andrew. I love that, and thank you Matt. They were Yaba dabba delicious.
Speaker 2: What what I just I'm not gonna humor that, Yeah, daba delicious.
Speaker 1: I'm not looking for humor, Andrew. That was the whole ad campaign in the eighties and early nineties. Yabba daba delicious. Really, I think it's just the the zest that you put into it. I didn't make it up, I trust me. I know you wouldn't. There was one day that Fred was at the quarry and the little Whistle blew, and he was so excited for his Pebble cereal and he screamed, yabadaba delicious. It would be great if you could play the commercial right now. I've played the commercial. I know it just would be nice to go back to that. I over wrote it in the system. I don't have it anymore. You don't know how the system works. Hey, guess what YouTube? Search Pebbles commercials and you'll get a whole slew of them. Okay, love you though? Should we move on to Cereal too? If you're watching it on YouTube? I guess just close out of our window right now and go do a new one?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Do you want the legal knockoff? Or do you want the one in the bag? Leedle the legal knockoff? Okay? This is from the box Olegle again from a listener who I have since forgotten. My apologies, but I did give you a shout the first one or two times because I knew your name. Then I forgot. Sorry. How you're like, I organize it? I write everyone's name on my I did, but I did. I write them on the first box, and then I forget the rest.
Speaker 2: You don't think that maybe you should just get stickers and just like maybe stick them on.
Speaker 1: No, I just write it with a sharpie on top.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't seem like your systems working because you're forgetting what there's things.
Speaker 1: So these are gonna be your knockoff corn checks. Okay, they're corn squares from Leedle. Still most states have Leedles, but many do not, so you might not know what I'm talking about. Is l I D L Leedle. It is some Scandinavian supermarket.
Speaker 2: My friend Nick is obsessed with Leedle, bad meat from them, so now he's sworn off of Leedle.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yes, they're a discount grocery chain. Or you just kind of get what you get. You don't get upset. That's what they have. Okay, I love that. Yeah, Well, when you have kids, you'll know what that is because they always want want, want, want want, and then you say, you get what you get and you don't get upset, but they still get upset, especially money. Here you go Mondy down the city. Ooh, it's almost Cooper's birthday. That's right. We are how many days away? Like two?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Sinco to Mayo. Bul Chat is gonna be on Sinco to mayo. Wow, nice, did you bring your sombrero? Am I pack it?
Speaker 2: Let me?
Speaker 1: All right? Let's go Andrew ready? One? Two, three? Very corny, very squarrey. It's pretty good. Tastes just like corn checks, tiny less corny. Yeah, I give this three balls. It's good. Oh. You know, every time I see corn, I think of our friend Mariah in Iowa. Was she the one that sent us? Don't ask me because I don't remember, but they're good listeners in Iowa and their corn farmers or their agriculture type people they do things for, like tractors and farms and stuff. They were the ones that sent us that box, sure, the football box. I don't know if it was them. Oh the flakes O.
Speaker 2: No, they were the one that sent us the corn Cereal with the alien on it, that knows discontinued.
Speaker 1: I bought Quisp and it wasn't discontinued. You know nothing about cereal. Let's move on. I'm going to give this two balls and three balls. It's three balls. It's sure, three balls all around. Yeah. Yeah, yep, great corn, great coin. Oh shucks, sorry, I actually love that so much. Really that you like that dad joke? You like I'm a big fan. I have a shirt. I have a shirt with a corn cob that says shucks, you wear it next time? Sure? Thank you know what, the next time we do a corn cereal, I'll wear it. Oh yeah, it'll remind you. Can you put like a jacket on and then just like z Yeah, I'd love every minute of that. Sure, thank you. All right, let's roll out of cereal three. I found this yesterday in the shop. Right. There's another shop right that I go to that has more of a natural aisle or like healthy aisle. They have more of that kind of cereal that's always like over five or six dollars a box or bag or whatever. Yeah. I don't know why I buy it, but you say, we make so much money, so eventually I'll be able to pay it back. Well, think about it.
Speaker 2: Just this episode alone, you hadn't You didn't buy two of the cereals. So I'm so sorry that this six dollars purchase you're going to complain about.
Speaker 1: All right, I've never heard of this brand before, but they were established in nineteen ninety two and it's called Bakery on Maine. My guess is, wherever they locally are, people know who they are. They are from Connecticut. They're in East Hartford, Connecticut, and there was probably a bakery at one point, and everyone said, you know you should bag that and sell it, so here it is okay. Since nineteen ninety two, we've prided ourselves and our ability to craft incredibly delicious, gluten free and Celiac friendly granola. That means this is going to be gross uses in it. So I'm excited that everyone should be able to enjoy food that doesn't sacrifice taste for wholesomeness or indulge in a snack that's filling, nutritious. Blah blah blah. All right, this is crunchy cluster cranberry almond maple flavor granola with ancient grains. They were born before you and I Andrew. I just the term ancient grains always cracks me up. Yeah, they are hold almonds in here. Look at that. There's like big junk hold almonds. All right. We've had other cereals that are similar looking to this. I want to say Nature's Path makes flakes like this. They're like almost cupped smells. It smells nutty and mapley. Okay, Oh I didn't shake it, damn it do you want me to sing your jingle? Yes, please shake your bag. Scotty shakes he's bad. Scotty hikes bad. Okay, thank you very good? Is you like that? Yeah? We need some new jingles. We did to freshen it up a bit. Some spice, sure, all right. Back to the two percent Horizon Organic Vitamin D.
Speaker 2: Milk, which in the last episode Scottie criticized for being puffy.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not puffy anymore because it's opening and has been used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we're definitely not recording this same day. Nope, I don't know if I got any cranberries.
Speaker 1: You did, I saw a bunch of them. Dump in, dip the spoon to the bottom. Oh, there she is, one two three. This reminds me of the Fireman cereal. Remember that one engine two, whatever the hell it was called. You could definitely break a tooth on this. There's too much whole almonds are very qunchy and you're not expecting them. It's okay. It kind of feels like I'm fighting a battle in my mouth. To me, this is more of a cereal than it is granola. Oh yeah, look for a gluten free cereal. Although there are a lot of gluten free cereal. So that doesn't even make sense, Like most checks are gluten free. So I don't know. It's not awful, No, but I don't know what is teeth or tef? What is that? Oh, there's beans in here too, millet tef and navy bean real maple syrup. I didn't taste any maple syrup. I gotta be honest with you. Multi grain and bean crisps.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, all right, so let me tell you something. The crispy parts, these little suckers are somewhat maplely. But this this is my problem.
Speaker 1: There's sunflower season. I gotta tell you, do not put a full almond in cereal. Don't do it. There's full almonds in the Wild Terra and you loved it. And there's full almonds in the Morning Summit and you loved it. So take that back. It just depends on the cereal that it's in.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, If you're gonna make a cereal with full almonds, don't make your other things.
Speaker 1: So crunchy, yeah, because then it's like a war. There were a couple of different bakery on mains that I could have chosen. I took this one because I had the most going on. But I'm going to give it two bowls in a spoon.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna agree with you. I didn't hate it. I just think it's a complicated cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of unexpected textures in it. A greed. Yes, you got some seeds.
Speaker 2: You got some little bird pellet looking stuff, that's the millet. You got some cranberries. I love cranberries though.
Speaker 1: By the way, you know there's like a kammut shortage. What a commut shortage? Well, do you remember that bagged cereal? It's like that natural crap. There's like wheat puffs and corn puffs and kamut. Arrowhead Mills makes it. We did it like a while ago. Yeah, my mom's a big fan and I brought it home to her. You can't stringy one, Nope. They're just little little puffed things and it's usually on the bottom shelf and a bag. Arrowhead Mills makes it. Can't find it. They've been out of stock for months months. It's a production problem. Apparently, maybe there was a big fire at the Arrowhead Mills plant. I hope not. I hope not too, but I don't know what's going on. Hey, thanks, for listening to Cereal Killers. Wait, I thought we were that's oh, that's three. That's three, buddy, This one whizz right by. Oh wow, how many minutes was this one like twelve seventeen or so? Oh wow, not too bad. Gosh, conversation with you has just been flowing next right, It's right on target. So thanks so much. I'm sorry we're less angry with each other now. No, I'm still very angry with you. Why I'm just holding it in. Oh okay, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. This has been an episode one seventy seven. Wow, one seventy seven. It's crazy. It's still remarkable to me. Yeah, it's kind of amazing. And the fact that we're not more well known, as you know, we're doing something wrong. Listen.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of what we've accomplished. It's a great starting point for what can be starting.
Speaker 1: It's a very niche, niche, niche, niche, niche, niche, niche show, like you really got to be into serial to listen to a serial podcast.
Speaker 2: But to be honest, there's a bunch of people who also just like our banter, so.
Speaker 1: They don't care about the serial. No, then they should be listening to goal chat. Well, no, because we're still chatting in this one. Uh huh, it's the chemistry baby. Okay. On that note, we're gonna go. Thank you so much. Serial KILLERSPC dot com.
Speaker 2: Serial Killers on all podcast platforms, leave us reviews serial Killers.
Speaker 1: Calm down, you drug addict, you said serial Killers. Yeah, well, looks how fast you're going. It's serial Killers PC on all social Are you doing weed? No, that doesn't make you go fast, it makes you go slow. No, it's the speed man, the speed whatever, the mushrooms, whatever you kids do. But every oh my god, it's the hallucinogenics. Like that song is stare commercial and human form. Just say no, Andrew, it's gonna work. All right. Well, I don't even remember where we were, but we gotta go.
Speaker 2: KILLERSPC dot com. You could go to also YouTube dot com slash serial Killers PC. You can subscribe to us there. Also leave us a review wherever you're listening to the podcast. We love reading your reviews. We got five new reviews just in the month of March alone.
Speaker 1: We did. Yeah, so am I gonna have to go grab the jingle and read the reviews? Not now, okay, just find I'll wait, I'll wait till we get good ones, because it was one that said they didn't like you, and I don't want to read that one. I mean, I'm fine with it. Not everyone's not everyone's cup of tea. It's okay. So I'm trying to find that PSA from the rely early eighties because we were talking about drugs right there. But I can't say it have a boll chet, No a bochet. You wouldn't remember it. It was a little blue, fuzzy pill and they would talk and they would be like, donate me. I wish I could find it.
Speaker 2: There was also in the nineties they did like cartoon All Stars and they did like a drug PSA but like bugs, bunnies in it, Disney characters in it.
Speaker 1: I found it. Oh boy. It was called We're not Candy here, Please listen Natural Television.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's the Poison Control Center of Nassau County.
Speaker 1: So maybe it was local on Long Island, but it's it's it's what do they call it, a p s A? Yeah, it's a PSA, but it's it's very don't do drugs, damn it. No, everyone knows about it because it became like viral for the eighties, you know, like, I don't know, shut off, Andrew, I'm so us. Whatever it is, whoever made that PSA was on drugs so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or doesn't know that people on drugs would look at that and be.
Speaker 1: Like ha ha, that's fine. Yeah, it's just you know what, We'll post a picture of maybe the link on somewhere so you can see that classic. Yeah, we're not candy. I'll add the video in the YouTube. Can you do that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I don't know how long I can play, but at this point whatever.
Speaker 1: Great, Well, thanks for this thing. We got to go. We'll see you next week. Is our a bolchat Wednesday? Yes? Maybe maybe not? Andrew has the dates mixed up. Think her to my ow see you next week. Until then, say crunch genral lomenos. Crunch Crunch Lomonos means let's go yeah to do bolchat? Yay? Are we doing that now? Yeah,