Speaker 1: You are now.
Speaker 2: Angel what I call her.
Speaker 3: Was way up and Angela yee. Everything is right because Mano's here new Mayna, I feel good today? How you feeling?
Speaker 4: That's what we on.
Speaker 3: You got the sunglasses on, you know, the shades. You've been all over the place. But you know, we have a lot to discuss today. I know we all watched this Mike Tyson fight right versus Jake Paul, So we have some thangs and some updates to discus when it comes to that. I also have doctor Wende Josepho joining us from Real Housewives of Potomac. By the way, she also is a distinguished professor at the college where I went, Wesleyan University. Really, yes, she actually is a math what she's teaching her now? Yeah, she just got that distinguished professor title. And on this new season of Real Housewives, you see her actually leaving Johns Hopkins where she was a professor. We don't see her go over there. We just see her resign from that position. But that's what she's been doing, which is exciting.
Speaker 4: She's distinguished.
Speaker 3: I could see you being a distinguished professor.
Speaker 4: I am, I got it in me right, Yeah, I could do it.
Speaker 3: Three or four.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Well, let's start the show up with some love and some positivity. Let's shine a light eight hundred nine fifty one fifty call us up, Let us know who you want to shine a light on its way up.
Speaker 2: Turn your lights on, y'all spreading love to those who are doing greatness, Light on them, Shine the light on.
Speaker 4: It's time to.
Speaker 3: Shine a light on it's way up at Angela Yee Mayo's here, no a man, And let's talk about the undercar for the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight. Right before they came on, Amanda Serrano versus Katie Taylor blow. Amanda Serrano got robbed and that let's keep it real. A lot of people were disappointed with the judge's decision. This is their second time fighting, and she was also headbutting Amanda Seruano, but she kept it very classy afterward, and at one point even Serrano's trainer during the fight was like, you know, she's nice, but she fights so dirty. She leads with her head and that's her best attribute. And all those the head butting was so bad they deducted a point during the fight. But is more here from Taylor and Amanda Serrano with the bleeding going into her eye. You know what that's like when you have a huge open cut and then the blood's going in there. It's hard to fight through that. But she still didn't. It was like she was staring read.
Speaker 4: The whole fight. I saw those highlights though those highlights was crazy.
Speaker 3: Now did you not see the whole fight? Because you're the Netflix kept crashing for a lot of people.
Speaker 5: I was, I was, I was outside and by the time I got where I was going.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I was definitely watching that and I was so sure Amanda surrounding went and I saw a lot of people were disappointed people by that decision. But you know, she also was disappointed. But when you look at that fight, you can see, I mean, Katie tailor, mouth open, looking like she was exhausted, couldn't even handle it. But hey, you know it is what it is, all right? Well, who do you guys want to spread some love to? Jamie? Who do you want to shine a light on today?
Speaker 1: I'm shining light on my son. He got his first job.
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 1: Yes, he did, Pat Sean.
Speaker 6: Okay, so he's just fool his grades as well. He's in basketball. So he's been doing practice and he got his job and going to school. I'm so proud of he's going really well. You kind of light on him today to let him know that I love he's the great kids.
Speaker 3: What great is he in?
Speaker 1: He's in the eleventh grade.
Speaker 3: Oh, so he about to have some money when he's going to school. Better know, way some out of my pocket.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: That's good. And it feels like he wants to work and make his own money. So that's dope.
Speaker 8: He's always had it in him.
Speaker 1: So he's good.
Speaker 3: He's good, all right, that's all right. All right, Well, Jamie, thank you so much for calling. I love that you're so proud of your son and he's doing everything that he needs to be doing to handle. He's going to be taking care of you.
Speaker 9: Yes, ma'am. I pray thought, I know it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you, Jamie.
Speaker 1: I appreciate random.
Speaker 3: All right, take care. All right, Well, that was shine a light. And when we come back, we have your yee te and we got to start it off talking about Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul. Yes, everybody is talking about conversations they had after the fact. So we'll give you some insight as to why the fight looked the way that it did. Its way up, it says in the rooms from Industry Shade to all the gossip out Angelas speeling that it's way up at Angela. Yeah, yeah, I'm here, Mano's here right now, ye tea time. I really want to also talk about I got this package from Sexy Red with all of her lip gloss flavors, and I want to say the names, but I can't because every single one of them except for goner Hea. You can't really say no, don't don't do it. Man, I don't think we can say none of these whoa Okay? But anyway I posted it. Let's get into this fight immediately, man. Jake Paul versus Mike Tyson. It was two minute rounds and Mike Tyson managed to make it through to the end of the fight, but Jake Paul definitely won that fight. And here's what he had to say in the ring about his respect for Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: First and foremost, Mike Tyson.
Speaker 4: It's such an honor.
Speaker 2: Let's give it up for Mike. Bro This is He's a legend. He's the greatest to ever do it.
Speaker 4: Good time for Mike Man. It's Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, we definitely give it up for Mike Tyson for making it through. I did, and look from the beginning, I was like, I want Mike Tyson to win. It would be great. But I don't know that that's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I think we all wanted to like wish.
Speaker 3: That, like, yeah, it would be amazing.
Speaker 5: One good, one good one knock him out just for the you know, the nostalgic we all grew up off Mikey.
Speaker 3: And some people thought this was like, you know, pre planned set up.
Speaker 4: But I'm not ruining that out either.
Speaker 3: But I don't know that he would have won.
Speaker 4: No, it don't matter because it was the wind was in getting the bag, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, Mike Tyson when asking the ring about it if he would fight again, here's what he said, is this.
Speaker 2: Possibly the last time for you? I don't think so you've got more in you? Comes to mind maybe his brother I kill you. Mike.
Speaker 3: I ain't like that. That was not necessarily like you act like you was.
Speaker 4: So good, Like I didn't know. I didn't like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got a little carried away with Yeah, it's talking all right In addition to that, Jake Paul during the postfight conference talked about how he actually held back during the fight.
Speaker 4: At any point, did you start to take your foot off the guests? Definitely a bit.
Speaker 5: You know, I wanted to give the fans a show, but I didn't want to hurt someone that didn't need to be hurt.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, Mike Tyson did land eighteen punches out of ninety seven, and Jake Paul landed seventy eight out of two hundred and seventy eight.
Speaker 4: Right, but they all were some power punches.
Speaker 3: Though, right, But this is just punches.
Speaker 5: Thing is, I'm not ruling out that they all got on the phone and talk this through, so I don't know, Like, I don't know if he really laid off because he was like, you know what, I got it. Let me just you know, keep tagging him, but I ain't gonna try to really hurt him.
Speaker 4: Or they talked about it before that.
Speaker 3: Now, Jake Paul also did say that he would love to fight Javonte Davis and kind of McGregor. Here's what he said.
Speaker 10: Travanta Davis just posted that he would beat the brakes off for you if you guys.
Speaker 2: Fight let's run it.
Speaker 4: I'll be super super down. Is there a height limit in boxing? What about you and Connor McGregor, are you interested in that? Yeah, he'll never do that though he knows all right, those fights not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Well, how many people watch? Sixty million households watch this fight on Netflix? By the way, it peaked at sixty five million according to Netflix, and nearly fifty million homes also tuned in for the co main event featuring Katie Taylor versus Amanda Surroundo. They're gonna put out additional viewership stats including total view was early this week, but there were definitely some people having issues. You saw that was trending with outages. Mine did keep buffering like at a certain point in time. I know a lot of people miss Mike Tyson turning around with his cheeks out.
Speaker 4: I didn't see that it was on the internet, all.
Speaker 3: Right, crazy well who kid By the way, said that he did have a conversation with Jake Paul, and here's what he said.
Speaker 7: Legally, they each cannot go at each other hard. If Mike his Jake Paul, Jake Paul would die, like if he went all in. If Jake Paul would hit Mike Tyson. I think because of Mike Tyson's age, he would have killed Mike Tyson. So the rules were that they got to chill.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. That's why I.
Speaker 5: Heard I did see something like that. I did see that Mike couldn't knock him out. He would have been penalized for that and.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't have got all his money if it happened, because you know, Mike Tyson always comes out immediately going hard.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm saying. I think that it was pre you know, organized like well.
Speaker 3: Magic Johnson posted just sad smmh. I cut it off because I couldn't watch anymore. It's sad to see Mike Tyson like this because I went to every Tyson fight. The fight tonight was not great for boxing.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know that it was great for boxing.
Speaker 4: I said it was great for boxing, but fight right I went to.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'm saying I believe he did.
Speaker 5: But this is not Mike Heyday like in the late eighties and stuff like that. Like you know, we watched Mike not come back out before on a fight.
Speaker 3: Right, and he also has a biting fetish. If you saw he was biting his glove throughout the fight, and so people were wondering, like is he is? He is his mouthpiece coming out like what's going on? When they asked me, he said, it's because he has a biting fixation. But who does that during a fight? That feels like a crazy time you fixation? All right, well that is your Yet when we come back, we have about last night. That's where we discussed what we did last night. I told you I watched that fight, but I also watched this new series on Netflix that was so good. I seyed up till six am finishing it. It's where.
Speaker 2: About last night? I went down?
Speaker 3: All right, man, it was in the building.
Speaker 4: I'm in the build way up.
Speaker 3: And it's about last night. What'd you do over the weekend?
Speaker 4: Hey? Listen last night if there was a surprise dinner for my god.
Speaker 3: Herbie, that's so nice.
Speaker 5: He caught him really well because he thought he was going to his man raised birthday dinner. Shout out the ray also, so we set him up, set him up. I had a shout out at the room twenty four K because it was private.
Speaker 4: It was you know you had to have a cold to get in.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 4: It was real dope.
Speaker 5: He thought he thought he was going to somebody else dinner and walked in it was it was it was his dinner.
Speaker 3: That's a beautiful thing. It's hard to surprise somebody too. I don't want to be surprised. If y'all know somebody planning something, give me a heads up. I pretend to be surprised, but I just need to make sure.
Speaker 4: We're gonna catch you. One day, We're gonna catch you.
Speaker 3: I want to get caught. So what did I do over the weekend?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 3: I was watching this series on Netflix when I tell you, I started it and I stayed up to six am to finish it. It's called Accident, and it's ten episodes and it's basically about a birthday party for a kid, right, and then it's a bounty house. You see this in the trailer, So this is not a giving anything away. It's in the trailer, but the bounty house flies away, which leads to three of the kids dying. And the whole thing is is kind of based on what happens after that tragic accident.
Speaker 4: Right, and then that happens and then I.
Speaker 3: Looked it up to see do bouncy houses actually fly away? It's it's a real thing, and it does. I googled it, and I saw youtubes and news stories about that happening in other places, and it was like a strong gust of wind. But who is responsible when that happens?
Speaker 4: Right to bolt that down? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to bolt it down with steaks like in the ground and so but if you're not anticipating the wind like that, you know, you might not ever think because you just said it, I said it, like, does that ever really happen? Nobody would really think this is But imagine, you know, for the parents in that situation whose kids were killed, they want revenge and they want somebody to blame for being negligent. So yeah, if you have a chance to check it out, it's in Mexico, so they do have like the voiceover in English, you know that always sounds funny. All right, well that is about last night. Now when we come back on a Monday, tell us what may Now you know what you're here for. You know what you're here for. It's tell us a secret ten hundred fifty one fifty. It's a no judgment zone. You know what that means judging. I don't think you do know what it means.
Speaker 4: I don't never judge.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we're not here to judge it. We just want to hear your secret.
Speaker 4: Judge.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty. Call us up and tell us the secret is way up.
Speaker 2: This is a judgment free zone.
Speaker 4: Tell us a secret.
Speaker 3: It's way up. At Angela. Ye, yeah, I'm here. Mano's here getting ready for the holidays. We've been talking about that, and I know holiday time is a lot of secret time. I know a lot of people are bringing somebody home for the first time, or being around family. People don't get along with each other. It's gonna be all kinds of drama.
Speaker 4: Bringing home somebody for the first time. Nice to meet the.
Speaker 3: Family, to meet the family. But now it's time for you guys to tell us your secret. It's a no judgment zone. Eight hundred two ninet two fifty one fifty anatymous call it. Tell us your secret.
Speaker 9: I do cable in scores for a spectrum. I had a time where I left my guala at a home and I needed like kind of gas to get home. So I was at a fuck, and I was like, hey, can I just cash after you five dollars and you could give me the money back? And she said, you don't have to catch me early five dollars. I'll just give you five dollars for free. So when she said that, when I have customers that don't hit me, I would just tell them the same thing, Hey can I pack up me five dollars and give me five dollars back? Sometimes don't ask for the cash out and after the time they would just say, now you don't have to cash out and I'll give you high dollars US in.
Speaker 3: An extra five dollars. So are you you tipped the cable guy?
Speaker 4: No, so you run around.
Speaker 3: I don't know you sposed money. Are you supposed to? So people are supposed to tip?
Speaker 9: You can't tip me except tips.
Speaker 4: But I heard that if I go.
Speaker 9: Extra now, like if you're if you're late and I decided to wait for you, or I do like jobs that aren't in my description, I feel like, yeah, I should get it.
Speaker 3: So if you're doing something extra for somebody.
Speaker 5: Right, if you're doing something extra, that's something totally different. But if you come to do your job, you ain't getting nothing from me.
Speaker 3: That's fine, But can't he borrow five dollars and he'll cash app it back to you? Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, but look I just did a deep dive to it says tips are not required, but they are always appreciated. But some companies don't allow you to tip.
Speaker 9: They told us, But I take the tip.
Speaker 4: How they going to know?
Speaker 3: How they know?
Speaker 11: Yo?
Speaker 5: You're taking people money though, you're taking like old lady money.
Speaker 3: It's five dollars.
Speaker 5: It's five dollars times what one hundred people you're making money.
Speaker 9: I get like five to six jobs today, see you.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's an action. Okay, Hey, not mad at you get it? How you get it? All right? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Scamming?
Speaker 3: What's ep anonymous color? How are you? I'm fine doing were good over here? What's your secret for me? And mano?
Speaker 9: All?
Speaker 8: My fecret is? You know, I got a main nigga ray, but I've been dealing with someone on the side as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're a freak freak.
Speaker 3: Who do you like better?
Speaker 8: I mean it's like a mutual feeling for both.
Speaker 4: Wow, damn, you're in love with two dudes.
Speaker 3: Did your side guy know that you have a main guy or does he think it's him? He knows you think your man has any idea you've been cheating? Sometimes I could tell yeah, you do. And if he asked you you a lie.
Speaker 8: No, I tell him I wouldn't have to keep it, keep it a secret. I mean I did tell him that I liked them.
Speaker 4: So you're not going to stop, not.
Speaker 3: Unless see the side guy is on it.
Speaker 4: That's why I like being the side you know, Okay, personal.
Speaker 3: He's on it. He's like what you need right, all right, Well, thank you for calling and sharing with us. You too, that was tell us a secret eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty. If you couldn't get through, you can still leave your secret and we'll hear it during Last Word, And when we come back we have your yee T. We'll discuss Jay Cole and his podcast. It's a well let's call it a limited audio series. We'll tell you what that's all about, and we'll give you some teasers on what's going to be happening. It's way up.
Speaker 2: Joe's about to blow the lid ab off this spot. Let's get it. Oh angels feeling that yet, come and get the tea.
Speaker 3: It's way up with Angela. Yee, I'm here, Mano's here. All right, let's get into some yut now. J Cole has a new limited audio series and he'll be recapping his journey to becoming the huge star that he his and Hi today. He's also going to share unreleased music on there. That alone is going to bring in the numbers. But he's also been notoriously private, and I know this is not easy for him to be able to reveal a lot of things about himself. But the Inevitable Audio series Jamain Cole and Ibrahim Hammad, It's a raw and reflective limited audio series. It's an unfiltered voice. There was life, career and personal evolution. Here is that trailer.
Speaker 12: In late twenty twenty two, Cole, Eve and I sat down to record a little conversation. Eve had found this old laptop in his garage that had all these old demos and unreleased songs and songs that we've come to know and love from Cole, and we started playing them for each other, which conjured up all these amazing memories.
Speaker 4: That they'd shared over the years.
Speaker 12: So we just started recording and we kept going for eight days tracking the entire arc of Pole's career.
Speaker 3: All right, he said on his post. As the years of my career I grew, I found myself much more hesitant to share details of my life with the world. Even as I type this, I feel the last little bit of resistance. You sure you want to do this. But if I was a younger version of myself, I know that I would get so much fuel from hearing this from somebody that went for theirs and made it. For that reason, I think it's worth sharing. I like the premise of that.
Speaker 4: Liked that right.
Speaker 3: Going and finding some old things that you've done the whole journey and then being able to talk about it and play some things that you never released is really really dope. All right. Now, let's talk about Diddy. According to reports and prosecutors, he paid other inmates to access their phone accounts and instructed his family members to post carefully curated messages on social media to try to influence public opinion and to also obstruct justice. That's what federal prosecutors are claiming about Diddy. It's a new court filing that Rolling Stone got their hands on, and they're saying, seemingly to avoid law enforcement monitoring the defendant uses other inmates to make phone calls to both individuals and the defendants approved contact list as well as other individuals who are not on that approved contact list, and that is because they do not want him to get out on bail right and so that's going to be an issue with a new thirty page filing. You know, they're saying that even the situation where his family was posting him for his birthday, all that that was a carefully orchestrated marketing side.
Speaker 4: Get that from that though.
Speaker 3: Well, it says that they have been monitoring his calls.
Speaker 4: I understand the calls. When I'm talking about what people were posting for.
Speaker 3: His birthday, I guess that was a marketing plan on his behalf where he was Basically they're alleging asking his family members to do that to try to sway opinion. So based on these recordings, they also did allegedly find some paperwork in his cell that you know, shows that, according to these reports, that he did pay somebody to say positive things about him. And a lot of people are saying it's Calleina from Dirty Money, and you saw that she did do an interview to do a post in support of him, so they found a letter. Now, his lawyers are arguing that those notes that were seized from his jail cell are in violation of his fourth, fifth, and sixth Amendment rights, and so they're saying those should not be able to be used and they should not be admissible according to his side of things. I didn't know. Now, Listen, I don't know everything, but I felt like phone calls are recorded and people know.
Speaker 4: That, right, but they're saying that he using other inmates calls.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, But I'm saying, you can't say that's not admissible, and then things that are in your cell can't. I feel like they always do searches and they can take things from you. So I don't know. Yeah, I don't know how that can possibly work. But attorneys who are representing him are pushing against the opposition to his bail motion. They said, you know, his recent request to be released on bill should be denied because he's a serious risk of obstruction, danger and flight and so not sure what this is, but come on, you can't just do anything, especially they monitor and record all of those phone calls, and they were definitely watching MDC now that Diddy is detained there to see what he's doing. They don't want to let.
Speaker 4: Him out, not at all.
Speaker 3: All right, well, that is your yet when we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They are flying under the radar, but you definitely need to know about them. Anyway, we'll talk about that when we come back.
Speaker 2: It's way up this in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar.
Speaker 3: All right, it's way up at Angela. Yee, I'm here, Maino's here. Let's get it to these under the radar stories. By the way, MSNBC co hosts went to go meet with Donald Trump at mar Lago to talk to him. They said, it's the first time they've seen him in seven years in person, and they said, we don't see eye on a lot of issues, and we told them so, but we did agree to restart communications and that they feel like this behavior should be a model for others. And so, yeah, people are debase.
Speaker 4: I pressed them.
Speaker 3: I think they went to meet with him because they're a news station. You have to cover what's going.
Speaker 4: On, so I need better cover. Stop playing with me.
Speaker 3: Now, they said, don't be mistaken. We are not here to defend or normalize Donald Trump. We are here to report on him and to hopefully provide you insights for understanding these deeply unsettling times. But they didn't share a lot of details from what happened with their sit down on Friday. Oh all right now. Ex Detroy Riverfront Conservancy CFO William Smith. He pleaded guilty to wirefraud and money laundering on Friday. They're saying this could end him up in jail for about twenty years. He agreed to pay at least forty four point three million dollars in restitution. He was stealing money from that nonprofit. It occurred over a decade, and it helped support his lavish lifestyle. I mean, this man was at Louis Baton, he was buying properties, he was paying fifteen million dollars off on MX bills for himself and his family members. And so now he has admitted that he is guilty of that. They're going to decide his his sentence at a hearing schedule from March twentieth. But yeah, they said he does have some property and things that they have seized of his up to thirty nine million dollars of his assets have been frozen in that federal case, with the exception of up to thirty four hundred dollars a month from a rental property that they are letting him keep as an allowance. And he does have a temporary restraining order so he can't sell property under these conditions right now. So that's you know, that's a bit but I mean, this is wild. How do you owe forty four point three million dollars? Can you imagine this nonprofit was making that much money? And he was just yes, and he was imagine the good things that could have done for the city. But Okay, he's now liable and he's going to have to pay that money back. All right, Well, that is your under the radar. When we come back, we have doctor wendr. Yosephal joining us today from Real Housewives Up Betel Make by the way, also a distinguished professor at Wesleyan University where I went to college and stished. She has the Doctor Wendy Show as well. And of course it's a Monday. We got the Way Up mixed at the top of the hour, and it's a Monday May innovation type of day. That's what I'm feeling. It's way up way up.
Speaker 13: It's like the Talk like they and jeal Jean, like they and Jalie Jean.
Speaker 2: Man, She's spilling it all. This is yet way up.
Speaker 3: It's way up with Angelae. Ye, I'm in my guy mano, go ahead and SI, let's do it. Tyreese is saying he's ready to do a podcast now. He posted on social media, thinking about doing a podcast. I've been asked for years. I've declined millions. I think I finally have an idea. The money didn't motivate me, so I've declined. I was more so scared of what I might say or do or adjust with cameras rolling. I think I finally have an idea.
Speaker 4: Okay, why did you do it? He said?
Speaker 5: He declined millions, million, millions of dollars of millions of podcasts.
Speaker 3: I think dollars the millions of podcasts is absurd. All Right, Beyonce is going to be performing at NFL Christmas Day halftime show in Houston. So that's a big deal for that to be happening on Christmas Day? Though, why does he not like it?
Speaker 4: He said? He said that the NFL was being Oh, they're.
Speaker 3: Going to be taken away from the from the NBA because everybody watches the NBA. I feel like Christmas Day. Well, I guess Thanksgiving Day is really like NFL Day.
Speaker 4: They always had games on both days.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do. All right, Well that's going to be in her hometown of Houston, so it kind of makes sense. LaMelo Ball was fined one hundred thousand dollars for an offensive and derogatory term.
Speaker 4: He said, nope, nope.
Speaker 3: No momo. It rhymes with that. Okay, here he is. Shortly after the Hornets went over the Bucks and he was asked about how the team was defending janis Ante to Compo on the last play of the game. And here's what he said, Yeah, loaded up, that's what No momo, because that's all I can say now. The Hornets coach Charles Lee said, LaMelo Ball was very apologetic and he is going to have to pay that one hundred grand. Here's what he said.
Speaker 11: He loves everyone and he's obviously very apologetic.
Speaker 4: And I talked about it and he definitely said, you know, going.
Speaker 3: Forward, I want to be better, be better, do better going forward. I mean he just was used to saying and saying, well, loaded up right right right right. It's like the perfect time. But yeah, I get it. I wonder if he would be he'd be allowed to say pause though I think that, well, I don't know about the other one. I can understand why you can't say that. All right, And congratulations to Jonathan Mags and Meghan Good. They revealed that they are getting merry. Remember there were these breakup rumors. Somebody DM me like that they were broken up. Turns out that's not.
Speaker 4: What they say.
Speaker 3: As they confirmed their engagement at the Ebony Power one hundred Galla on Sunday. I heard there was some news that you guys announced. Oh yeah, okay, wasn't she just married? No? First of all, wasn't she just married?
Speaker 4: Was just married?
Speaker 3: It was not just married?
Speaker 4: Like what a year ago?
Speaker 3: I mean they've been dating since May of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: Okay, fresh time that relationship in twenty twenty two or something.
Speaker 3: Finally likes her divorce? Yes, in June of twenty twenty two. And to be clear, the reason why they decided that they wanted to kind of share their news at the galla, it's where they met two years ago. Oh nice, you should go to that gallup. Can we get may know Ebony Power one hundred.
Speaker 4: And listen, she's a serial marrier.
Speaker 3: What this is just her second marriage?
Speaker 4: How many? How many people get? How many marriages a lifetime.
Speaker 3: I'm not used to decide of you, like, how many marriages in one life?
Speaker 4: This is just a lot of hate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is weird. I'm so not used to decide amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm just asking the question.
Speaker 3: Because I was shocked when somebody set me that DM that they have broken up, and I DM that said person back when this engagement was announced.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you're talking every out all right.
Speaker 3: Now, Pastor Jamal Bryant did release that ray J interview. They had it back and forth about this podcast, and ray J did what the interview pulled. But I guess he had spoken to Pastor Brian about certain things being edited. But now that interview is out, and here is what ray J. One part where he discussed having thoughts of suicide.
Speaker 10: Is that when you were on the roof from Mexico, that was when I was on the roofs I thought about suicide a lot, but that was when I attempted it, and I really didn't want to do it, but I really did want to do it.
Speaker 14: Because it's like when you have a bad dream and then you think it's real. It feels real, Yeah, and then you wake up. I'll be feeling like that life really happening. And so whatever dimension I popped into is where I'm at now. Well, so I had a bad dream last night, so I'm here now with you.
Speaker 4: What did he say? But he had a bad dream and he woke up in the dimension.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he wanted to try it, but he didn't want to do it, but he did listen.
Speaker 3: He was going through a lot, and clearly there's reasons he didn't want this interview to air, but it is out, and I don't know what parts they edited out, but there you have it. He also talked a lot about other things as well. He also mentioned Nicki Minaj and basically talked about his Instagram live session. He said he felt like he was in a dominatrix skits and that he does respect her marriage, but he thinks about their conversation every day. He said, what all right, ray J? Well, always praying for you, ray J, and that is your Yet when we come back, it's a Monday, so it's time for something renovation, not no more iteration from this side. This way up, ye, what you all been waiting for?
Speaker 2: You tapped in the way up with Angela yee.
Speaker 3: All right, his way up with Angela Yee out here may not here absolutely according to media, that's a hundred thousand dollars ring making good hairs on. Oh, go ahead, we don't care about none of that hit. That is some innovation right there for that right.
Speaker 5: But let me tell you though, man. You know they say Rome wasn't built in the day, right, But I read somewhere that said that they put they built bricks, and they laid bricks every hour. Though, So that means fall in love with not the result, but the but the grind, the system, the journey.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Lay your bricks down, you know what I mean, And don't fall so much. You don't worry so much about the result. The result is the the jury, the cause, the life, the lifestyle that everybody want to live. But in order to get there, you gotta you gotta be passionate about laying the bricks, you understand. So it's like, you know, you can't just focus only on the results. Social medi you didn't make you think everything is the results, because that's all you see right, you know, but you got to lay those bricks, man.
Speaker 3: You got to be consistent, absolutely, got to keep going.
Speaker 4: You got to be committed to the grind, commit to the system of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's interesting because right now I have so many different things that I've like invested in and waiting for stuff to be finished. So financially it's like a difficult time, but it's also made me have to sacrifice a lot. So what I am trying to do is lay those bricks for later.
Speaker 5: Right, So those things become habits, and the habits become your lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Right Because sometimes I think people also to get to your results. Some people want to see results immediately. Sometimes you don't see results from something you're doing until years from now. It could be relationships that you have business that you're like, you're trying to get something out of a relationship, but maybe that is not going to happen until later. It might have an interview somewhere. It doesn't work right then, but then later on they come back to you because you've stayed consistent and you've kept on growing, and they send your growth.
Speaker 4: You never know how them bricks down every day every hour.
Speaker 3: Have your patience, right, have your patients and lay those books and make sure you lay him right.
Speaker 4: Pipe.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, all right, well you can't say that, all right, Well anyway, coming back out of me, Manovshion, ask ye eight hundred fifty one fifty. I'm here with the award winning advice giving brick laying Mano. It's a way up eight hundred bricks fifty one fifty. Call us up, but it's.
Speaker 2: Relationship with career advice. Angela's dropping facts. You should know.
Speaker 3: This is ask what's up?
Speaker 4: His way up?
Speaker 3: Put Angela yee. I'm here with the award winning advice giving no man nor now and it's time for ask yee. And we have anonymous person on the line. What's up? Anonymous caller?
Speaker 15: How are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm Angela good. How are you? You got a question for me? A mano?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I got a question. So there's this guy that I've been kind of singing for a little bit and everything's been going good. He is coffee. The only problem is that he's not really about the sex thing, and I am. But everything else is pretty much fine. So I'm just wondering, like what should I do, Like should I continue with it or just like kind of cut it off.
Speaker 3: If I were you, I wouldn't sacrifice my knees because this man just was to you know. I mean, I feel like you said, it's important. He doesn't have sex with you at all.
Speaker 15: It's just not his thing.
Speaker 4: How many days a week do you require sex?
Speaker 15: At least maybe two two days out the week.
Speaker 3: That's not crazy, Yeah, that's light. And how often do you guys have sex?
Speaker 15: We don't like period at that all.
Speaker 8: So that literally is like not his thing.
Speaker 4: Are y'all committed?
Speaker 8: Not yet?
Speaker 3: It's processing, so go get you on the side.
Speaker 8: I don't do that. I can't do that.
Speaker 3: It might be more going on than what he's telling you. Two, Like, have you guys ever had sex?
Speaker 15: We tried it once and everything, and basically like he kind of can't cling me. He said, I'm not really about that.
Speaker 3: So you're just out here just gonna waste that good Okay, So I think perhaps he's not telling you the full story. How long have you all been dating?
Speaker 9: Two?
Speaker 15: Three months?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, not to quote a movie, but get out. No, I'm kidding, but I just think that if it's only been two or three months, and if you're not willing to be in a relationship where there's no sex. Don't do it.
Speaker 5: I can't, especially especially if that's not what you really want. Why settle for something that you don't want? You know you want penetration.
Speaker 3: What is it about him that you like so much that you were willing to like his mind?
Speaker 15: Like every other guy that I would talk to, they wouldn't like, take me seriously for my interests. They would like, you know, just kind of treat me bad and just make me feel bad. But with him, I feel comfortable. I can be my full self and I ain't gotta worry about nothing else.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, he'd be a good friend.
Speaker 4: Right, that's a good friend because it feels.
Speaker 3: Like you guys are friends and look not saying that sex is everything, but it's something.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I get it here, You guys.
Speaker 3: Can be friends. I do feel like he's not telling you everything though. He might have some issues and he's trying to appeal to Oh I'm not all about that obviously in mind, and it might be something else going on that he hasn't.
Speaker 4: Shared with me. Maybe he got a chicken nugget.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, he has he has a nub?
Speaker 15: Okay, maybe I should just keep it friend and keep.
Speaker 4: It cool with Yeah, man, get you somebody that's going to love on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you be okay with, like, you know, dealing with a little nugget?
Speaker 15: I want a relationship like I want to like be in a relationship where he's like, you know, we can do that, and also like, you know, just be treated right.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's embarrassed about his nub and if you can make him feel more comfortable that it might be worth a conversation like like, this is important to me. I don't know if there's more going on here. I don't know if it's about maybe your self conscious for whatever reason, but it's hard for him to bring it up. So instead of doing that, he's just avoiding having sex with you altogether and concentrating and focusing on your mind and being great in other ways, but not really addressing that part.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that is the word.
Speaker 3: Looks at it all right? Good luck? I also want some barbecue sauce and a nugget right now. I don't know. Oh, it made me hungry, all right? Well that was ask ye eight hundred and two nine two fifty one fifty in case you couldn't get through And when we come back from Real Housewives of Potomac and this season is a lot going on. We got doctor Wendeo Cepho joining us and she's also a very distinguished professor. It's way up, turn me up. Here we go up again.
Speaker 2: This is way up with Angela ye, what's up?
Speaker 3: This way up with Angela yee and doctor Wendeo Cepho is here with me today. Welcome, thank you. This is long overdue, very long, and this is perfect time and know right on time because you did not tell me, okay, well that you are a distinguished professor at Wesleyan University. Graduated from you, Yes, I did this.
Speaker 13: Didn't know that I wont have you a guest speaker in my class.
Speaker 3: They would love that, all right, so let's talk about that. Let it relead with that, okay, because we didn't watch on Real house as a Potomac when you wrote that letter to resign from JOHNS Hopkins, right, which was you said? But that is also a good feeling to say I'm leaving this situation rather than you know, the other way around, and toy true.
Speaker 13: There comes a time when you feel like you've occupied the space for a long time and there was nothing left for me to accomplish in that space. I knew it like the back of my hand. That wasn't challenging anymore. And I didn't want to just do the mundane and just do like the rigamarole. I want to be challenged and I also need to break real talk.
Speaker 3: And Doctor Wendy I always say that you gotta walk away while you're up Hello, way up, not just up up, way up. So what did you learn about yourself in the first season? And they'll tell you ahead of time, like, Okay, we're gonna have you in the scene where you're gonna sit down and they're gonna say X, Y and Z about your husband, right. I wish they told me.
Speaker 13: They didn't tell me, I didn't you head No, we do not get our heads up. It's literally bombs or dropped. You don't know if it's coming from a person to your left or the person to your right. That's one thing about it. They can hold on to whatever they have to say, and then they'll wait for the right time and it's like boom, right, Like how you're gonna react to it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 13: And so I mean, what did you have to learn quickly? I think for me is don't take anything personal. You have to remain true to you. You cannot change like who you are is who you are. And if you don't know who you are, you'll have a million people telling you who you should be. And that's a problem.
Speaker 3: So say true to yourself. Right now, I'm talking to star of Real Housewives of Poteomac, doctor Wendeo Cepho. Do you think that people were coming from me as kids? Because she you know, just from watching these past few episodes and seeing how the topic got brought up about. You know, your kids are watching, and you're living here in this building, and your husband's here, and you got your man here and the kids are in the in the midst of all of this, and people were weighing in on that and for you as a mom, but you're in a great relationship. But just seeing her going through that, do you understand where she's coming or do you think No, we were not attacking that, We were just saying be mindful.
Speaker 13: When I first heard it, I said to myself, I want to give her the benefit of adult because my thought process is every mother will do everything in their power to protect their kids. However, as the season progressed and actions were taken. I have questions. I don't stand by the things that she does, as you guys will see it play out during this season.
Speaker 3: That's the honest to god truth.
Speaker 13: I defended her when we were all at the Hattitude party because I was like, wait, hold up, we're all mothers here, what's going on. I want to give her a benefit of adult But Baby, when you start moving a certain type of way, I can't defend that.
Speaker 3: I want to say back to that Hattitude party, since you brought it up when you did that rap, people don't understand the movie. O god, I'm like, that's fun. And it felt like people thought you just made us.
Speaker 11: Right and people were like, oh my gosh, she's trying, she's trying to do things, and I'm the best all the other I want to feel, Hello, that is one of my That's one of the only movies I can probably quote like scene to scene, And so I was like, don't you guys watch Coming or not?
Speaker 3: This is a classic. Are you kidding me? I want to understand the people you're around, like y'all don't know who don't know that from coming to America, they know they're not tapping doctor Wendyo Cepho is here. We have a lot more to talk about when we come back. This new season of Real Housewives the Potomac is really really spicy. But she's also a distinguished professor at Wesleyan University, and she also has her Doctor Wendy show. It's way up ye what y'all being waiting?
Speaker 2: Fok oh, you're tapped in the way up with Angela Yee?
Speaker 3: What's up? His way up at Angela Yee? And we are talking to the very distinguished Real Housewives of Potomac cast member, doctor Wendyo Cepho. I did want to talk about your in nineteen fifty four Equity Project as well.
Speaker 13: I started the nineteen fifty four Equity produce because as an educator, I felt like a lot of times, we want to have diversity on campus, but we don't have inclusion. We want to fill these quotas and say, we have these students of color on our campus, but how do those students of color feel? Do they feel like they're at home? So the nineteen fifty four Equity Project provides mentorships and supports for black students to make sure that they feel okay. Any resources they need it's also for students who are the first one in their families to go to college because sometimes you don't know what to do because you don't have any advice. So it's just like a resource for students to make sure that not only they survive. We don't want them just to survive, we want them to thrive, right, And that's what the nineteen fifty four Equity Project does.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm talking to star a Real Housewives at Potelmac doctor Wendeo Cepho. So now let's talk about your show too, because you have your own talk show. Yeah, so you just interviewed. Just hilarious.
Speaker 15: I did.
Speaker 3: I did. It had a lot of people talking, but that was good and I think it was positive.
Speaker 13: It was it was positive. I've gotten the interview out maybe like two weeks before she delivered, but I really wanted to talk to her about motherhood. I just think it's important to have a conversation with a woman who is a working mother and who, in the for someone will say the height of her career decided to, you know, get pregnant and so what is that like, you know, do you feel any challenges with that? And at the time she even told me that when she took her current position, she didn't inform them that she was pregnant, right, And I was like, and you don't have to because a lot of times, as women, we have to do certain things because motherhood has a way of being displayed on.
Speaker 3: Us, right, and it's something men don't have to deal with. But men don't have to do that doesn't.
Speaker 13: Have to say, oh, yeah, my wife is having the baby too much, that's none of the business or my thing that I absolutely hate is they always ask women can women have it all?
Speaker 3: But you never say can men have it all?
Speaker 13: Why are these questions about juggling career and family only posted to women and not to men. So on the Doctor Wendy Show, when I interviewed Jess, I just thought it was a very important conversation to have because you often have that conversation women after they have children, but this was someone who was in the midst of about to have a child, and I want to see how she was viewing her career from Netlands.
Speaker 3: But we'll definitely be watching you know, everything that you have going on. I'm so glad that you made it up here finally, because I know this is something that we've been wanting to do and I definitely want to come and you know, do your show too at some point. Yes, let's not talk about that. Friends. And my girl Jazmine I love Jasmine, was at my fortieth birthday party. You should came with her. I wasn't invited, but I d s the pictures. Okay, we'll run it back, all right, Well, thank you so much for joining us. It was definitely a pleasure to have you.
Speaker 13: Thank you for having me. I gotta come back.
Speaker 3: You can watch that foot interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with You and when we come back. Of course, you guys have the last word, got.
Speaker 2: The phone to get your voice heard. What the word is is the last word on Way Up with Angela?
Speaker 3: Ye, what's up? His Way up at Angela? Yee, I'm here, my guy, Mana is here a great way to set out Monday, A little but a little Monday man of laying bricks. But yes, we appreciate y'all so much for joining us. We also appreciate doctor Wendy Oseepho from Real Housewives a Potomac for joining us. I would definitely take her reality TV course. Imagine being in college and doctor Wendy is your professor. That's really dope. Shout out to Wesleyan University for that. But anyway, you guys have an amazing rest of your day. I'm going to record lip service today. What are you doing?
Speaker 4: It's about time for me to make my day.
Speaker 3: We keep asking you, but you got things going on.
Speaker 4: I got to pop back up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what it is. You know what it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, you love me, so we can go viral, all right.
Speaker 3: And you guys, this is your show, so you have the last word.
Speaker 9: My secret is my daughter is really my sister.
Speaker 8: I'm not sure what else I supposed to do after that.
Speaker 1: But that I would night. And my daughter, her name is Kermee. She turned twenty eighth today, and that's my first born and I just want to shine the light on her today and tell us her to have the happiest birthday ever. You guys are the best. Thank I gotta make my morning.
Speaker 4: Man, it's some time.
Speaker 2: I'm about the tribber you tapped in and way up with Angela Ye, no wanting now now