Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to Renee all Day. I'm Renee Paquette joining me right now. Number five Tea Higgins, the one and only, the one and only. How good does it feel to have that number five slapped on the jersey? Do we feel like a new version of T Higgins?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: For sure, you know, going back to you know, my old roots, high school days, boys club days.
Speaker 2: So I mean it definitely feels good.
Speaker 1: Certainly. No, it looks good on you, does it?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 1: Like? Mentally? Did it have any kind of a switch for you? I mean, I know I've heard you speak about it a little bit, but just to like move on from the eighty five, I mean to.
Speaker 3: It, it was just you know, exciting to get back to my old number. Yeah, you know I wrapped eighty five well you know, my first three years wearing it. But yeah, you know it's time to get back to the old roots.
Speaker 1: So certainly, all right, So what feels different for you about this season?
Speaker 3: It's just, you know, honestly, for me, you know, I feel like us together as a team is you know, we just more together and I feel like more of a family, and I just feel like I got good things.
Speaker 2: Ahead of us.
Speaker 1: I feel like that has been like the theme for some time. So to imagine you guys just like gelling even more and more of that camaraderie that makes for a pretty dangerous team, which you guys have been obviously thus far. If you could go back and talk to rookie T what advice are you giving him?
Speaker 2: It's a lot of advice I will give him. You know.
Speaker 3: It's so much more that I've learned, you know, just throughout my years playing the NFL. You know where they be, you know, attacking the ball, you know the right way, you know, working a certain release.
Speaker 2: And the main thing is you know, eat healthy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, for sure, diets changed, you know, and that would probably be the main thing is definitely eat healthy. What is the thing you missed from not eating healthy? Do you still dabble a little bit?
Speaker 3: I definite dabble a little bit with the canes, you know, that's number one.
Speaker 2: But really just like a lot of chips, oh me and you both, that's my snack. Like I love chips.
Speaker 1: So what's your favorite chip?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Okay? Interesting? I'm more of like I'm a potato chip gal.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean I can get down with the lace the sour cream.
Speaker 1: Onion, Oh, sour cream and onions. Did I like a ruffle souer cream in onion to give me a little rich? Okay, okay, what about the grippos? Do you do the grippos?
Speaker 3: I did my rookie year. I was I was big on them, and then I ate them so much. I just got tired of them.
Speaker 1: You burn yourself out. I see sometimes you feel like you need to do that a little bit, to like get it out of your system. I've not landed on that. I just keep reaching for the chips, bloating, bring it on, that's what we like. Okay, let's talk some shoes for a minute, because I saw the collap that you posted with NFL. Very organized. You got a lot of shoes, a lot to work with. But my big question is the green off whites. We're not wearing them. We're saving them for a special occasion in the sneak your world. Why are we buying shoes and not wearing them? Talk to me about it. I don't understand, honestly.
Speaker 3: For me, you know I wanted those so bad, and you know I wear a big sized shoes, so sure, and a lot of guys that's you know in the league were my saying size, So I guess you.
Speaker 2: Know, it doesn't have to be in the league. So they was all snatched up.
Speaker 3: So I was finally able to get my hands on them, and I'm gona wear them eventually, but right now, I just got them on this planet. This little thing I got in my room, it's like, oh, it like floats and it spins and it looks it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: It's like a home decourse. Pretty cool.
Speaker 1: So big home decorse guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, I got that. Got the jellyfish coming.
Speaker 1: Listen, we know we set the whole on beyond for you. We like to set the scene for you. Okay, So I heard you yesterday kind of popped your head in here, and you said that the jellyfish tank is coming along where we are what needs to happen with the jelly fish?
Speaker 2: So I got the tank finally. Now it's just.
Speaker 1: How big is the tank?
Speaker 2: It's like a cylinder. It's well, yeah, hi, oh it's not like no, it's no, it's not no.
Speaker 1: Big crazy thing, okay, cheap, just a little yeah jellyfish you putting in there.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to buy three jellyfish jellyfish only costs around like thirty bucks each. So yeah, I'm just about like three of those moon jellyfish. So like whatever the light, whatever light it is, the color of the jellyfish would be. It's pretty cool. Yeah, but that's definitely coming along. Got the tank now, I just got to get it set up. That is just the hard part.
Speaker 1: Where do you acquire the jellyfish? Are they being shipped in or can you go down to pet.
Speaker 2: Smart like some sight on the internet order on jellyfish stock, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: What else was going on with the decore of the home? How else do we set the vibe when your home? It's important to be able to walk through the door and enjoy your home and enjoy the lavishes.
Speaker 2: Sure. So yeah for me, I like paintings. Oh so I got a lot of paintings of paintings.
Speaker 1: I need some artwork in my house. It like me out.
Speaker 3: There's different things like cartoons, like but it's like a certain type of painting like that this artist.
Speaker 2: That I know. H yeah, yeah, it's pretty cool. I have like a nipsy painting.
Speaker 3: Cool I'm having Michael Jordan painting with He's wearing like these off white shoes.
Speaker 2: But the laces are actual laces. Yeah, and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: See, I really need to dabble in the artwork. I keep like it's hard to pull the trigger to like really decide what you want up on the wall. I have a hard time with it. They all just sit in my cart and then I don't actually make the purchase. They just think about it a lot. Okay, So we talked about moving back to number five. How well you've worn number eighty five? Talk to me about your relationship with Ocho. Is he's sending lots of text to you guys, staying in touch. What's the communication?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we stay in touch here and there.
Speaker 3: You know, you know I tweet something I see him quote it. It's pretty funny. I think I tweeted something recently. What did I say?
Speaker 2: I said something.
Speaker 3: He was just like he I don't even know it was funny, but I was like typical Oho.
Speaker 2: But man, he's a great guy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You know, before I even when I was first drafted by the Bengles. You know, I asked his blessing though, just out of respect. It's like, man, I want to wear eighty five. I get your respect. No, He's like, yeah, man, go ahead, man, do your thing. Yeah, and you know I was able to do my thing, get it, but now it was just time for a switch.
Speaker 1: What was the last text that Ocho sent you. I've heard rumors that he kind of will nag on the receivers a little bit, do you guys? Is that true?
Speaker 3: So here and there will he will here, he'll he'll talk smack on Twitter talking about here lock me TV and chased down in practice and stuff. He asked the Bengals to sound on like a ten day or something, come in and just yeah, he's he's a clown man character.
Speaker 1: Your your youth football program. Talk to me about that. It seems like things are moving along quite well as they would for a man like you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it was very big for me, you know, going back home, being able to you know, put on my first annual camp. Yeah, you know, had a lot of kids. I think I had around like two hundred and fifty kids come out. Whoa and man, just it's you know, it's a blessing.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day. You'll be able to come for where I'm from.
Speaker 3: And you know, put do something for the kids that you know, I wasn't able to do.
Speaker 2: When I was younger, So definitely it was an answert. Definitely inspire me.
Speaker 1: So what are some of those like conversations that you're able to have with those kids and to be able to give them those opportunities that you weren't able.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 3: The conversation more went like I appreciate you for doing this for us, and I want to be in your shoes one day, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, you know, just giving them, you know, great advice, So.
Speaker 1: Just not the screen off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't need you don't need off, you don't need you don't need the shoes.
Speaker 1: We'll get to them.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: You seem like you stay very like calm, cool and collected. What is that about. Have you always been like that? Like giving them yourself a mantra in the mirror every day what goes down?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always been like that since I was yay hi, you know, and you know, I feel like, you know, that's that's just the way I like to go about things because nobody can ever read me, you know, like even like even in games, like when say a guy talking talking smack to me, I just look at them.
Speaker 2: I either smirk, or you know, just walk off and then just go do our thing.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about the guys that do do the trash talking, that have like more of that and they're like tool belt.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't blame them for it. I mean, if you got your two belt, I'll say do it, use it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, to use. I mean, it's just how they go about things, you know.
Speaker 1: So as I'm getting ready for this interview, I'm going deep in the Twitter, deep in the Instagram, and I can't help but see that you took a photo with the Undertaker. I come from the wrestling world.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you a wrestling for sure? Me?
Speaker 3: Me Joe mixing, Tyler and Chasse. We just had a full conversation about wrestling yesterday. I practice it.
Speaker 1: We have a show coming up soon. You got to come really come down.
Speaker 2: Yes, where is it?
Speaker 1: And we're going to be at what's the rented called now us Banks? Okay, Heritage mag Yeah, you guys have to come calm down.
Speaker 2: It's not I don't think rest is the same as it used to be though.
Speaker 1: Sure sure, I mean, but do like.
Speaker 3: I do like going wrestler now, I like Jake Paul, I'm not gonna I like his moods.
Speaker 2: I like the moos that he do. I like the moods that you do. I mean, it's just he's.
Speaker 3: Like doing all his athletic backflips and all types of stuff.
Speaker 2: It is so as much as you.
Speaker 1: Can talk a little trash and the guys that come in that have like a celebrity name for themselves or an athlete and another in another program, they move into pro wrestling. But I will say he does put in the work because he puts on a good match.
Speaker 3: He does because because I have a best friend that actually tried out for wrestling. He was like, Bro, this stuff is actually harder than training camp.
Speaker 2: Right, he like, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I respect like Pat McAfee from what he was able to do. I mean, he actually came in and did a really good job. He's great on commentary obviously, but yeah, he did a really good job too. So I don't know, may we'll get you out there.
Speaker 2: We'll get you just to.
Speaker 3: Try it something like, Uh, I want who did it? Was it Steph Curry that did something?
Speaker 1: Oh? Maybe it was it was it was.
Speaker 2: A professional athlete that did something with the wrestling scene, there's always guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought that was pretty cool. I feel like I could do something like that.
Speaker 1: One of my favorites was when Snoop Dogg came in to do it and to see his long lanky ass jumping to the third rope like dropping an elbow, running the ropes.
Speaker 2: I did see that on Twitter.
Speaker 1: That was funny, impressive to say the least. Okay, well, we'll get you down to some wrestling. It must happen. Okay, moving on from wrestling, there's no natural segue to go from wrestling to talking about your mom. But your relationship with your mom, You guys, of course, are very close, have a great relationship. What does it mean for you to be able to have her by your side during your whole career, having her out there in the stands being loud and proud for you.
Speaker 3: It means everything to me simply because you know what she's been through, you know, with her life, and you know, for me, I just want her to list stress free, just to be able to enjoy the rest of her life and you know, just just cheer me on at the end of day. You know, man, me and my mom's bond is like no other. You know, and I love your mom. Yeah, at the end of the day, I love your mom.
Speaker 1: Best nugget of wisdom that you've got from your.
Speaker 2: Mom, don't drop the ball.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 2: She she hates when I dropped the ball. Man.
Speaker 3: She She's on me more than anybody that I know. It is crazy.
Speaker 1: What is the nicest thing you've done for your mom?
Speaker 2: I got her a house in a car.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was really stoked about that. She just really really all she wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She she don't really care for all the materialistic things. Obviously I get it for She's just like, you didn't have to get this for me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir, thank you. Yeah. She came to the game last year after I got her bag.
Speaker 3: She was like, in my bag, huh, Like I love it.
Speaker 1: That's a little something out there again. Getting ready for this interview and reading the article that you wrote about her for the Player's Tribune, how was that for you? Kind of putting pen to paper.
Speaker 2: It was tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it was so it was so much emotion going into it and just thinking and thinking about the things that happened over time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, being.
Speaker 3: Able to because we actually talked about me playing in Super Bowl, Yeah, long ago. Crazy and to see it happen and to see her in the stands cheering me on was just I even shed the tear at the time and it was just you know, surreal.
Speaker 1: So yeah, very very cool. Okay, we've got a game plan for you called did your mom tweet it? Or did Oho tweet it?
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let me just pull them up here. Oh yeah, cut our props. You got to give me a which face it belongs to? At your mom and Ocho first one, man, I'm so ready for some football football emoji. That was mama, Mama, the real eighty five just scored.
Speaker 2: I've seen that. Sweet.
Speaker 1: If the ball touch your hands, catch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was easy, now we know.
Speaker 1: Come on, defense, get in the game. Shake their shoulder pads, shisty.
Speaker 2: Yup, that's something. This sounds like something you say.
Speaker 1: Bengals are winning the division again and we'll make another run at the Lombardi. We have Ta Higgins, Boyd and Chase. Come on, come on, Bengals, please prayer emoji one more time. You wanted one more time. Come on, Bengals, please with the prayer hands emoji. Noo Chad, just another one. Let's go tea prayer emoji. No, it was Chad too. We know that he likes the prayer hands emoji, so we know that that's him. Okay, okay, all right now to close things out here with some more jellyfish facts. You're jellyfish guy. They're coming in, the tank is coming together. We've got the ambiance. How much do you know about jellyfish? True or false? Jellyfish can glow in the dark.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: True. Get a little black light and you guys have a real party.
Speaker 2: I've just talked about the neon light with the moon jellyfish. True.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there we go. They've got a bioluminescence, organs that emit blue or green. That jellyfish have three brains, true or false? Can we see any brains in there?
Speaker 2: That's true?
Speaker 1: They have no brains.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, real dumb dumbs. They have no brains at all. Five thousand people are stung by jellyfish every year. True or false?
Speaker 2: Five thousand. I do know a lot of people get stung by jellyfish, so I'm gonna have to say.
Speaker 1: True actually false.
Speaker 2: I don't know not a jellyfish.
Speaker 1: Because it's one hundred and fifty million people that are stung by jellyfish each year. So it's like a thousand people since we've been talking. It's a lot. That was mean of me.
Speaker 2: I set you up.
Speaker 1: I set you up.
Speaker 2: I did know a lot of people get stung.
Speaker 1: Like jellyfish are edibles. True, I can't imagine what they taste like. They can't taste like much of anything. I think they have to like really be cleaned and you like strip out some.
Speaker 2: Of what what are you eating?
Speaker 1: I don't know. As I was looking this up, I want to say maybe similar to like a calamari. Nah, I wouldn't do it either. I'm not interested if you were stung by a jellyfish? What do you do?
Speaker 2: You get stung by a jellyfish? Is it? Is it too you're supposed to get like the pea, yes, pea.
Speaker 1: Or vinegar, but vinegar he's usually more readily available.
Speaker 2: I would definitely use vinegar.
Speaker 1: I mean, ain't how bad it hurt and there's no vinegar. I don't know what you do? You gotta do. And a group of jellyfish is called a smack, a bloom or truckload smack. Yes, true, a smack or a bloom both apply. See you know your jellyfish a little bit, you know them, just gonna name the jellyfish.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, what have we got? I have nothing yet.
Speaker 1: You got to meet them first, you have any kind of personality.
Speaker 2: Y see, You've got to see how they floating around. You know what they got.
Speaker 1: Well, very excited for the jellyfish. Excited to see you out there, a number five. Excited to see you guys bring to the table this season. Really pumped to watch you guys. Thank you Higgins, everybody, the jellyfish King, It's me