Speaker 1: Good mornings, sweet world, and welcome to the No Dunks Podcast presented by fan Duel. It's Friday, August seventh, twenty twenty sixth. This is the drop I'm Jay Skeets here in the Classic Factory. Next to me. It's my top shot, hop Bo Boy, Trey Kirby, Hey, ay, and over Yonder making the magic happen. Super producer JD. There he is, Hello here, we are no task today. He'll be back next week, don't you worry. Shout out to everybody joining us live on YouTube, hit the like button, subscribe, share the show, podcast listeners, five star ratings and reviews, and comment away of course on Spotify as well. On today's drop TK, we're gonna draft a few of our favorite way too Early over underpicks great right. All the lines are out for wind Totals. On fan Duel, we'll pick and draft a few of our favorites. We'll also do rapid Fire because it's Friday here, which includes a question inspired by Lamelle balls Penthouse quite an esthetic that he had interesting alien clown core. They were calling it alien.
Speaker 2: I can see that looks like a place that should have a ski ball machine.
Speaker 1: But I mean maybe it didn't. I don't know very well everything. No, we did it, No, we did it. But first we have some NBA news and uh we're starting with fun guy. That's right, Pablo Torre also a fun guy. But I'm talking about Kawhi. Pablo Torre finds Out reported last night that Kawhi Leonard had a second, undisclosed sponsorship deal while with the Clippers. So the podcast, citing multiple anonymous sources, reported that Kawhi had a previously unknown deal with Daktronics, which is a company that actually manufactured the into It domes incredible Halo video board. They are in the business of making these incredible village That makes more sense. I thought Daktronics was Dak Prescott's conscious hip hop project, Daktronics. No, it's the video board. That's maybe the tie here to the Clipper. Yeah, baby. So Pablo interviewed someone identified again as an anonymous high level source under contract for the Intuit Dome, who alleged that the sponsorship deal was quote one thousand percent a way to circumvent the salary cap. It was funneling, funneling money from the Clippers through Daktronics back to Kowhai so is some similarities, possibly to the whole Aspiration cap circumvention. And remember, in mid July the Athletic did report that the NBA's investigation and investigators had examined a previously unreported endorsement deal with another company. And then we got Pablo having this whole Rhode Island Football Club thing, but that I don't think was the one here. It seems like it has that's contacted by the investigation. That's right. That's right. So it feels like it's this one.
Speaker 2: Feels like it's this one, yeah, because this is basically the exact same playbook as the Aspiration side of things, at least how it seems. We got a struggling company that is involved with the construction of the into a dome. Steve Balmer steps in, gives him some money, and then suddenly there's some Kawhi Leonard endorsement deal that exists for millions of dollars, which Kuhi is doing nothing for. You throw in the fact that Daktronics is like a brand brand thing.
Speaker 1: They've never had a celebrity endorser.
Speaker 2: Right, and the entirety of their like sixty years as a company together, you can't imagine a world where you need an endorser for a jumbo tron company. It's not like you're watching Game of Thrones and they give you thirty seconds beforehand. Hey, you want a new Halo board for your house? Right, we got Kawhi Leonard to pitch. It doesn't make any sort of sense that this one would happen. But this is part thirteen of the scandal via Pablo. I guess this is now that we're in August. Is it month eleven? However long this is happening, I think it started in September of last year. How much smoke is there going to be before Silver just decides to invoke the clause? That's the question to me, because there are so many things, this being the second one, this to me is more along the lines of the aspiration thing than the ri IFC thing was. Even in Pablo's podcast today, him and me and are basically saying like, yeah, we didn't really actually tie back the ri if C to the Clippers. It just seemed odd and maybe it is weird because why does Kawhi Leonard have part of a team in a second division in Rhode Island?
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah, why you know, like expanding the portfolio exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's into trees, halo boards, and second tier soccer.
Speaker 1: Hey man, everybody knows that about everywhere. But there's a lot going on.
Speaker 2: And this one feels so similar to the first one we found about that it's like a uh oh, this seems even worse for the Clippers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one might be more damning in a way because at least with the Aspiration scandal, like, well, they were scam artists, you know, they were crooks. They went to jail, that whole thing. So there's like the that sort of like muddles up everything. And even even the Clippers I guess are sort of on record or balm are like, well we got scammed like they got us, you know, as well as other people. And there were other celebrity endorsements with Aspiration from what we know right now, Like you said, they've never done this Dktronics, Why would they have another celebrity endorser. So if Kauhi is the only one that is extremely weird, yes, and maybe does not look good. Again, if the money is like being funneled, because that's the thing, there's nothing really from what I can tell, there's nothing actually illegal. If Kawhi and his representatives had some weird endorsement deal with Dektronics or whatever company. Right, that's fine, yes, even if you don't do it for them. Weird, but still fine. But if the money, of course is being sent from the Clippers and Balmber through these companies to then get to Kauai, well that's allegal under the CBA, and you can should be And we don't know if he will be, but could be penalized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess we'll see, because weren't there reports last week that the investigation was nearing a close and it was just a matter of Adam Silver deciding what kind of punishment would be acceptable to Steve Balmer from his side of things, considering they're gonna have the money to appeal go into litigation with regards to whatever the league decides should be the punishment coming down.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: At the very least, it's like everybody who is not part of the investigation thinks the Clippers are guilty, right, Like who is really defending the Clippers here outside? I'm sure there's Clipper fans and I'm sure there's people who are like, there isn't a smoking gun and maybe that that's why the investigation is taking so long. Maybe it's hard to find the equivalent of the email that buried Joe Smith and the timberwalls back in the day, like that, maybe that doesn't exist. So they have to keep looking for stuff, keep looking for stuff. But I just keep coming back to Silver can use this clause. That's like, if there's no other explanation, we got to do something about it. And just so much is happening with Pablo that we're like, there's a second second investigation. That one that we thought was the second investigation wasn't even that, you know, So I just think something has to happen soon.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 2: How you feel, has a Raptors fan, like do you just want the Raptors to back out of this?
Speaker 1: I don't know at this one, Like I guess I keep coming down to it really is how much is Kawhi, if at all, going to be penalized for any of this, Like the Clippers side, again, there's so much smoke to this, even when you go back to Uncle Dennis obviously, who was sort of the representative for Kawhi, who's been let go by the way, Sure convenient, right, obviously see you later. Uncle Dennis, you were me one of the shady characters in all this asking for the moon, because you're on record asking the raptors. You're asking the Lakers like hey, we want this, we want that, we want this, and they're like, we can't legally do that, man, So it's not that far fetch to then like okay, well then they ask the Clippers and maybe they go, oh, we can't give you this or we can't give you a stake in this, but you know what we could do, Like it's not that sa unreasonable. See how you can maybe get there anyway. I just wonder like Kawhi himself, I still feel like is not going to be penalized all that much because he's always gonna have the buffer of representation too, very true, right, yeah, Like he gets to go, well that was Uncle Dennis, or that was my rest and my agent's like so, I mean, whether you believe it or not, that's up to you. But it feels like the Clippers are the one that have to get like just smoked here with obviously the million dollar fine or whatever he can get up to. He is allowed to uh silver and the CBA because of their deal. The violation strip them of draft picks obviously, Yeah, again penalized Balmer and I guess you could get to the voiding of the contract and all that, but I don't know. I think it's really good the Clippers that should and will get nailed here eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, they are the party who's going to be most at fault and at worst, like maybe they avoid Kauwhi's contract, but then he can just sign with another team. He probably wouldn't be able to sign specifically with the Clippers.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 2: He's already been traded away from the Clippers. So maybe the Raptors do just wait this out. But it's like it's gonna be close.
Speaker 1: To the NBA season soon. It's August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next thing you know, they're gonna be reporting for training camps. We've heard that this might go on into twenty seven. We're getting new information. Maybe this is not new information to the investigation, but it just feels like it should have been wrapped up. We were talking about it being wrapped up at the trade deadline. We were talking about it being wrapped up at All Star weekend for into It Dome. That's half a year ago. At this point, it doesn't feel like it's going to stop anytime soon.
Speaker 1: And I've said before already on the podcast here and sort of answer your question again about Kwai of it all, like I am a little terrified that this is going to completely derail a Raptors seasure, whether he's there or not, or Ingram and Grady dicker back to, like, I'm sorry, that's not how you want to start a season where you had some promise, some potential building off the last year's playoff performance, Like I would think that would have some effect on the makeup of the team, the locker room, the roster, just the vibes of it all, if you want to get as simple as that. So yeah, as a RAPS fan, no, this is not great great, not great Bob at all. So we'll see, Uh, we'll see what happens in part fourteen of Pablo's investigation here.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there will be a better line than when Amine said Halo board man gets paid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was bar I didn't think it mean had the greatest impersonations in last's episode. I didn't think he brought his a game there, But that was a good line. The Halo boarder, he gets paid. All right, we'll leave it there. Let's hear your thoughts. I mean people, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next Friday, which QUI investigation I'll be talking about. It's like a weekly thing at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah what Oh that's a that'd be a fun game. Try and predict the next weird company that maybe the Clippers. We're allegedly funneling money to Kawai. Like you said, we got the trees, We've got a Rhode Island football club in a league I didn't even know existed. And then now we've got this the Dektronics video board company. Yeah, what, very very cool. Where could we go from here? You know? I would like to see though Pablo Tory finds out on the intoit domes Halo board. Wouldn't you like to watch an episode? Yeah, I'd love to.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe it, man, he said that the like, if you add up all of the square footage of the Halo board, it's bigger than an acre.
Speaker 1: It's freaking huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I have an acre a land of my house, let alone, video boards.
Speaker 1: Massive, man, A lot of toilets, big board, baby toilets, big board. All right, let's get into some other news. In the last couple of days, Phoenix Suns forward Dylan Brooks, good old Canadian boy, Good old Canadian boy, maybe not the village. Dylan Brooks, Canadian boy, agreed to a three year, seventy three million dollar contract extension through twenty nine thirty. So Dylan Brooks for now staying with the Phoenix Suns. There tka your reaction to this.
Speaker 2: This is a good deal I think for both sides. Dylan Brooks is gonna be signed from basically aged thirty one to thirty four with the Suns at essentially twelve to fourteen percent of the salary cap of the seventy three million dollars looks crazy for Dylan Brooks, but the fact that it's you know, less than even twenty percent, I think is a good deal for the Suns and still a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Obviously for Dylan Brooks.
Speaker 2: He's a good player, had a great season last year for the Suns, a great culture setter.
Speaker 1: If you throw out the first couple.
Speaker 2: Of years of his career, He's played on a winning team the last six seasons. I also think this is a tradable deal. He's got twenty million on his contract this year, followed by twenty two, twenty four to twenty six.
Speaker 1: I just love those even number bumps. That's really nice.
Speaker 2: But twenty million dollars for a team that decides, like, yeah, we could use a wing stopper, a guy who can score a little bit. Maybe the Suns are able to get some draft picks back if they decide to change up their team, Like I think they're going forward basically running it back last year. They've got the big, huge deal for Devin Booker up top. They lost Grayson Allen, they lost Royce O'Neil, Luke Canard come on down. That guy's gonna be looking so tan. Only thirty two games for Jalen Green last year, So the Suns are, like, I don't know, they are running it back. They had forty five wins last year. I saw their over under his thirty eight and a half. That's quite a drop off considering they're bringing everybody back.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess the lack of tanking teams maybe is part of the reason for that. But I think they can be decent. But if they ever decide this just ain't working. We don't like being stuck in, you know, six through eleven or whatever they may be in the Western Conference, they could move off of Dylan Brooks.
Speaker 1: I think he's a player that would be valuable to other teams as well. I agree with that. Love him or hate him, he is a floor racer. He just absolutely is. He's proven that in all these spots, like you said, Memphis, Houston, now in Phoenix, he helped establish that new culture there. He helped lead them to forty five wins. He scored twenty points per game. Now he missed some time, but that's pretty impressive because he's known more for his defensive side of the floor, and Phoenix went from what they were like near the bottom of the league defensively the year before, he came to top ten on defensive part. So that's him as the primary wing defender. I mean, he is always taking the best player on the other team, so he obviously has a part in that. So that's impressive. You know, I saw this, You're right, you see three year, seventy three million. It looks like a lot. But then when you you know, sort of break it down, you're like, well, he was actually not making I mean he was making almost similar number. Like he was coming off like a twenty one and a half million dollars deal, so it's like in the ballpark, and he had a great year, so it's not bad. As Bright Side of the Sun put it to, this extension is about far more than keeping a productive rotation player. It's a bet on identity and the Suns have spent this past year or so trying to establish this culture of toughness, accountability, competitiveness and stuff like that, and he's been at the center of it, and he should be paid for that. And you can always trade it. You always trade it. All these contracts that they've done here, these extensions, Dylan Brooks three years seventy three million, Mark Williams three years thirty eight million, Colin Gillespie four years forty eight million, and Jordan Goodwin three years nineteen million. Those are all good players and they all could be moved, packaged together or not, so it's like they're not hanged. I don't think any of those will be oh my god, you've sunk your team and you'll never be able to get off those unless you attach a pick or something like that. I think they'll all be tradable if you even want to. And they're all rotation players, so good work here. It's just now. Yeah, forty five wins last year, you said the over unders much lower. That's why I avoided that one. When we got to overrunder picks. I'm not going to touch that one. I don't you know. I feel like they shouldn't be that much worse. But where's the growth in this team? I think it's jelling Green is what you're hoping for. Yeah, you only played thirty two games last year.
Speaker 2: There were times when he was the only scorer for the Suns out there when Booker was missing some time. So I would actually probably go over thirty eight and a half wins for the Suns. They were decently hell last year. It's it's weird because I do like all of the deals that they've done, except for their top three deals. Like Devin Booker, I'm sorry, it's not gonna be worth sixty eight million dollars in twenty thirty. Jalen Green not a fan of his contract in Miles Bridges just not a fan period, right, But once you get to like four through twelve, I'm like, hey, let's guys, they're all good.
Speaker 1: Players, good deals. Yeah, it's a good point, like gives them a lot of flexibility without like those, like you said, four through twelve deals, very traitable contracts. You would expect most of them to hold positive value. So so we'll see. But Dylan Brooks this got paid. You know, I can't imagine his next deal will be bigger. No annual year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they were sending this guy to China after he was leaving in Memphis. Turns out he wasn't the problem and the team completely fell apart when he left.
Speaker 1: Just something I noticed. Dylan Brooks man gets paid, all right. Also, they're gonna wait on this guy, the Wizard's big man, Anthony Davis. He became eligible to sign an extension yesterday August sixth. But according to our guy, Josh Robbins at the Athletic, any meaningful talks between eighty and the Wizards about a possible extension are going to occur during the twenty six twenty seven season, not before. Because we were wondering. We were keeping an eye on that date, that August sixth. Okay, that's when you can do it. So they say, hey, both sides, I guess want to sort of see what we're working with here. When we get to the actual season, and I think that makes some sense.
Speaker 2: I think this is smart for both sides, especially for the Wizards. I think Sham's additionally reported that they're going to wait like twenty games, which I think is pretty funny. They're like, yeah, we'll decide by December. Maybe you'll get a nice Christmas present. But the Wizards basically just want Anthony Davis to prove that he can stay healthy. Thirty three years old. The last three seasons, he's played twenty forty two and fifty one games. They want him to demonstrate I guess twenty games worth of your playing on the floor before we're giving you this gigantic deal. From Anthony Davis's perspective, the Wizards have to prove a little something to him that they're building something. He gets a chance, I guess, to earn his last big contract. But I am I'm a little nervous for the Wizards because I see the scam here. Oh he's gonna get healthy. Yeah, they're gonna be like nice man, Anthony Davis, Trey Young, we've taken a step forward.
Speaker 1: We got aj Debonsa.
Speaker 2: They're gonna give Anthony Davis a big deal and he will immediately request a trade. Yeah, and I think that's maybe part of this as well. He's saying, Okay, I can buy my time here for twenty games. Let's see what happens with Joel Embiid. Let's see if he's able to stay healthy for twenty games. Or the Sixers are like, hey, let's revisit that Embiid for Anthony Davis swap.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anthony Davis apparently is eligible for a four year, two hundred and seventy five million dollar extension, which would run into aj Debonca's second deal. That could be a problem down the line, but I think this is smart to kind of just like, let's see if you can play buddy. I mean, could they have tried to play him last year? Of course they could, yes, but they didn't want to.
Speaker 1: No, no, because you know, you want to hit that number one pick. It worked and it worked out. It did work out. Yeah, And even from eighty side, like you said, I almost get him wanting to wait a little bit too, because how good is this team? How good are these kids? Along with Trey Young, Like, at this point, you gotta assume he does want to win when he's out there on the floor. He previously expressed skepticism about the wizards like ability to go from basically the league's worst team to like a contending team, a team even in the playoffs. So everybody's just gonna wait and see. But I'm with you, Like, if you're doing a fantasy basketball here, I feel like Anthony Davis could be a sneaky sneaky, like not sleeper pick because he obviously puts up numbers, but like he could have some monster numbers the first twenty games of the season on this squad. So maybe something to consider if you're in the drafting games. In those drafting streets, we'll see if you can play though, that's the big big thing. I'm in scroll mode here.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find the Washington Wizards over under for this season because that's surprisingly higher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I almost took the under. When we get into over unders, I did it. In the end, it's like the thirties. I want to say, it's thirty five and a half or something, isn't it? Yeah? It is? But what is it specifically? I can't tell you because I'm in and it's lower. Yeah, thirty two and a half. Interesting. They won seventeen last year, Is that right? Yeah? Fifteen more games.
Speaker 2: I mean you're adding three starters to your team in Trey AJ and a D thirty two and a half.
Speaker 1: Good line, Yeah, good line. Now, it's good line. I spot you don't think they will. I would not bet over that well, I mean that would not segues perfectly into our next segment, here, the real meat and potatoes of today's Drop podcast. We are drafting our favorite way too early. Over underpicks all of these odds by way of fan duel, of course, So we'll do three rounds of this. We'll go back and forth. You can go over, you can go under, you go wherever you want. I think what we're looking out here is sort of like you saw the line. They've only been out for what maybe a week or so, maybe even less. The win totals for each team. Your gut reaction, right, you're like, Okay, look, it's early August here. Things can change. Maybe even when we do this again closer to the season, you'll even change your mind about the over under. But for this purpose, it's like, oh, Macgutt says, I like that over or I like that under. So get us started where you want to go.
Speaker 2: First, one that stuck out to me. The Miami Heat. They're over under is forty four and a half wins, and I like the over. They went forty three and thirty nine last season. That's what Tyler Hero playing thirty three games, Norm Powell playing fifty eight games. Those are two of their leading scorers, and it missed huge chunks of time. They're obviously both gone now, Hero to the Bucks, Norm Powell to the Bulls. But they got Janis I ever heard of them pretty good. They got Bobby Portis, they got Tim Hardaway Junior. I think the offense is gonna be the bigger issue for the Miami Heat because I think they're gonna be a great defensive team just having Davion, Mitchell and Wiggins alongside Jannis and Bam. Finished thirteenth in the league in defense last season. I think the Heat should easily be a top ten defense this year. And when I look at the top ten defenses last year, actually the eleven best defenses. The eleventh best defense won.
Speaker 1: Forty five games.
Speaker 2: I think the Heat'll be closer to the top five than the top ten. So to me, that like just guarantees them forty five wins of playing hard playing defense, having enough Yannis. Obviously, the reason this would go under is if Yannis misses a huge chunk of time like he did last season.
Speaker 1: So I went and looked at the Bucks over under.
Speaker 2: Last year forty two and a half. I do think that this Heat team without Yannis is better than last year's Bucks team without.
Speaker 1: Yanis Okay, okay, like so yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they would have three better players before you take anybody from last year's Bucks team.
Speaker 1: So I like the Heat over. I think they're gonna be motivated.
Speaker 2: I think that Jannis is gonna want to prove something after finally leaving Milwaukee after a couple of seasons of trade rumor hell for this guy. So I'm looking forward to seeing what Miami brings. I don't know if I think they're like a championship contender this year. I think that's more likely next year when they're able to get some vetmin guys. But for this season, give me the over forty four.
Speaker 1: I thought this line was like shockingly low for Vegas. With Yannis coming to the team, You're like, I don't know, you'd think they'd bump that up, like, you know, closer to fifty or yeah, forty eight and a half something like that. So forty four hours doesn't feel all that impressive, feels like an easy hit. I mean, you always got to be skeptical at times with these, but I'm with you. I was leaning over. I didn't draft them, but I'm leaning with you. I did want to get your opinion on a poll. I saw that Miami Heat had up on their socials. Which nickname are we giving the Bam Yannis duo? Did you see this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: All right, let me give you the four options. The Poles still alive, five days left over, sixteen thousand votes. All right, Bam and Yannis Duo. Here are your four options. Bad Boys Smash Bros, rim Reapers, and the Biscayne Barrier. What would Trey Kirby be voting for? Yeah, Bad Boys smash Bros, rim Reapers and the Biscayne Barrier. Hmmm, that's tough. Do you like any of them? I actually do. I actually think that.
Speaker 2: I think the first three are decent. Yeah, you can't be the bad Boys.
Speaker 1: Well, the Pistons already retweeted like, sorry, buddy, you kill if that. You just can't be the bad great boys. Although they're I think they're going Bad Boys.
Speaker 2: Will Smith lace for sure? Yeah, yeah, Mike Law bring back. Yeah, I would like to see that if they Okay, okay, so side side quest here. I heard the new Bad Boys was good, like Bad Boys four or whatever one came out.
Speaker 1: When one last year, two years ago something. Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: I have not seen it.
Speaker 1: Bad Boys Ride or Die?
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Bad Boys franchise. I have to say, oh really, yeah, oh I am, but I haven't watched this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've seen the last two. Yeah, maybe next summer, maybe next summer. That's are serious curve ball.
Speaker 3: It's sort of adjacent to Fast and Furious feels like right, I mean style, I don't think yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And ultimately.
Speaker 2: I guess Smash Broskay Rim Reapers is a little too cutesy for me. Definitely not Biscayne Barrier. So dentimately I'm gonna go Smash Bros.
Speaker 1: Uh well, right now as of recording this on the Friday, I mean, we're live here for everybody on YouTube. But thirty four percent to Rim Reapers, so that's in the league. But it's pretty tight. Vo twenty eight percent Smash Bros. Twenty four percent, Biscayne Barrier, and then Bad Boys coming in last there thirteen percent. Okay, yeah, so sort of evenly split. It came up with a decent number of potential nicknames for the two of them. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's uh, who's the Will Smith and who's the Martin Lawrence? Between Joannis and Bam.
Speaker 1: I think Will Smith is Bam, I like, even though I know Will Smith the bigger name, so that would be honest. But personality, I feel like Giannis is more than Martin Lawrence. I think I think it's right is more probably right the goofy Sillier guy. Yes, that's definitely, So that's I'm going with personality. Yeah, okay, good, all right, So I'm gonna piggyback off you taking the Heat over forty four and a half wins because I'm gonna take the Bucks under twenty six and a half wins. I'm gonna tell you their sort of depth chart right now. Their guards on the Bucks, Ryan Rollins, Tyler Hero, those two will probably start. Kevin Porter Junior. They drafted Brayden Burry's. They got aj Green and his muscles. They got Gary Trent Junior on a very weird contract they do. Let's investigate that one. Pablo Yakachunas from the Heat obviously, and Kars Lavert Caroless Pervert as we sometimes call him. He's one of their guards. Forwards, heimehawk As Junior, Kyle Kuzma, Nate Aman who they drafted, Ushman Jang, and then Bogie Markovich who's a Serbian guy coming over and should be playing. Yeah, yes, that's right. They call him Bogie. That's what I'll call him, much easier, and then Myles Turner, Khalil where and Jericho Sims Like Okay, there's some names there, but that is not a very good roster. Also, how many goddamn guards do they have on that roster? A lot of guards. That's just too many guards for the amount of minutes available in these back court positions. So that's gonna be interesting for Taylor Jenkins to figure out. They do apparently are still interested in this Peyton Watson sign and trade possibility. Their name is still in the mix there. We'll see what happens there. But I just think there's so little pressure here after Giannis is left to actually win. They don't have their draft pick right so, because like some people would push back, like, well, you got to stand out of the relegation zone. Now, you can't be the worst of the worst. Yes, but not it doesn't really matter to them. It doesn't really matter. They don't have their pick, so there's got to be some bad teams, and I think they're gonna be one of the worst teams in the league. I just think twenty six and a half I felt. I was a little shocked. I thought it'd be a little lower because they are teams that are like twenty and a half, twenty one and a half. I thought they would be a little in the in the you know that rat range, twenty two and a half or something. I feel this a bit high, twenty six and a half, So ill the under. I don't think it's gonna be a fun winter in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: That wasn't fun last year. I don't think so, you know, it was all but at least that's gone. At least they have their team. The question for me is just how few wins are gonna go to the worst teams in the league. The last three seasons, the worst teams have had seventeen, seventeen and fourteen wins. Yeah, right, And like you're saying the lowest over under that FanDuel has right now is the Kings at twenty and a half. So in general, they're expecting teams to be better, I think, but twenty six and a half, it's a lot of wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, However, there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of guys I know on the books, like you listed a lot of players that are legitimate NBA players. I think they have more NBA players this season they had last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess we'll see how it all works. And you're right, the honest cloud of it all is gone. But here's the thing. Shouldn't this whole season just be about like assessing, like who are the keepers? Where's the chemistry? Like, it's not like wins and losses. I don't think it's growth. You're two obviously draft picks. You'd hope to see some opportunity let them play with these guys, you know, the Tyler hero at all? Like are we keeping them? Were not? I think he'll be there at the start of the season. But like, I just think it's not gonna be w's and l's And that's not part of the program here this year, nor really should it be, especially when you don't have your pick, like, well, but look at what the Pelicans did last year. They didn't have their pick.
Speaker 2: They had two rookies and they went balls out during the last half of the season because they didn't want to give a good pick to the Hawks. I guess, yeah, fair, but that's just such a high number at the end of the day, I just don't think it's a good team to win a lot of I also, there's not many that bad teams in the Eastern Conference, Like there's a few. Nets are at twenty four and a half, Bucks are at twenty six and a half, Bulls are at twenty nine and a half.
Speaker 1: I think the Bulls are better than this Bucks team. Really. Yeah, But I'm a Kaeb Wilson believer. I'm all in on the rookie. Man.
Speaker 2: I love this kid, look so do I. He's gonna he's gonna leave the balls back to the Promised Land. But there's more NBA players on the Bucks than they're on the Bulls.
Speaker 1: Fair the Nets, Okay, that's definitely, And that's I think you're the worst yass up. Well, I mean, they got they got Porter and Randall two, Okay, but these are gonna be better this year. Well, okay, I was just gonna ask you, do you think there will still be a team that doesn't win twenty games this year?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I think every team's over twenty Wow mmm, I mean I got I get the thinking with the whole the change of the draft and all that, but I'm not so sure. I mean, injuries happen again, teams just suck. It turns out some teams just suck yeap, which you know could be one of these teams. So I'm going under twenty six and a half. Though we're not talking twenty and a half now, we're talking twenty six and a half. I'm taking the under. Yeah, they could be a twenty five winning team, sure, Sure, and they see what they have with some of these guys next round? Who you going?
Speaker 2: I got a bad team too, the Memphis Grizzlies. I like they're over twenty nine and a half wins. Last season they went twenty five and fifty seven. The three highest minutes played for the Grizzlies last season where Jalen Wells, a second year player who was a second round draft pick, Cam Spencer, who was a second year player and a second draft pick, and Cedric Coward who was a rookie. These are real names of players who played last season for the Grizzlies. Tyler Burton, Adama, Alpha Ball, losson Lovering, Jami Myschek, Toby Akanie heard any of these guys?
Speaker 1: How many of those did you make up? Those are all real names. My god. They had two guys who could have been named Aldama.
Speaker 2: That's anti Aldama, and then they had a guy named Adama alpha Ball amazing. Only eleven games for Zach Edy. He was awesome when he played. Yeah, the Grizzlies were plus seventeen points per one hundred possessions in those eleven games. I mean, obviously a very small sample size. I don't even know how healthy Edie is right now. He's coming off basically two straight summers of having ankle surgeries or two straight years having ankle surgeries. But I assume he's going to play more than eleven games. Who knows if that's the case, even if he doesn't. They added Jeremy Grant, They added Isaiah Stewart, They added Quentin Post.
Speaker 1: These are vets that have size.
Speaker 2: D'Angelo Russell's there for the time being, Chris Murray's there for the time being. And I actually think Cam Boozer is going to be helpful rookie, Like you're you're in on Caleb Wilson, so am. I I think Boozer is going to be a productive rookie as well.
Speaker 1: Ty Jerrealm.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan of this guy. He's coming in healthy. He barely played last year. Scottie Pippen Junior barely played last year. It's year two for Cedric Coward. There's no drama there, there's no expectations. I think they could easily get the thirty wins.
Speaker 1: That's all they got to hit. You said twenty nine and a half. Yea under thirty is pretty low bar there. If they play, yeah, if guys are healthy, Yeah, that that's a good one. I don't mind that one all. I'm with you cam Boozer. I mean it feels like, especially if they have success winning and he's helping get to some wins here, like he'll be in the Rookie the year for conversation. You know, maybe he won't, maybe he will, maybe won't have the numbers of some of the other guys, but if there's team success and all that that'll play a part, as it sometimes does in the narrative for Rookie of the Year, it seems to have had a little bit more recently. So all right, I like that one. I can get behind that one. I mean I wouldn't be locking it when we get there, definitely not, definitely not. They're still young, yeah, yeah, exactly. It's but you want to see the progression, like little improvements off of of course last year. So thirty it's not a lot, especially if you believe that there's sort of because of the change to the draft that the floor for the worst teams, of the teams that are bad, like does get bumped up. Then theory everybody gets bumped up a little bit, or maybe everything comes together in the middle a little bit more. Okay, so you got the Grizzlies. My next pick, I'll go in over here. Give me the Rockets over forty six and a half wins that come in by way a fan duel that line. They won fifty two games last season, and they got thirty two games from Steven Adams and they got zero from Fred van Vliet, so they should be better this year, not worse. And then basically you know a lot of their team is back. Van Vliet is the key piece here though, because shot making and just being a floor general with some poise at the end of games. That should help one of their biggest weaknesses last year, which was in clutch situations. It was like, Katie, please save us, please hit the big shot, please do anything, and it didn't really work. They were twenty two and twenty three in clutch games when the score was within five points in the last five minutes. The Rockets were one in seven in overtime games last year. It's sort of just odd as you got the extra five minutes and they basically only won one of them. The year before that, though, when Van Vleet was healthy, they were twenty six and eighteen in the clutch, much more reasonable. I think he's going to help there. We already they already have an identity which I like to They're a tough nose defensive team. They pound you on the offensive glass. So you know, you bring in Marcus Smart, that's going to help that tough nose defense. You bring back in Theory Steven Adams, who's just carrying around giant logs I saw during the offseason. That should help obviously on the glass. The guy's a monster there still, so I just was a little shocked with how low this number was at forty six and a half, with how they've done previously and some of their young guys are you know, I don't see them getting worse in your Amen Thompson's and your Jabar and your Tarisan. So I like this over I don't, you know, I don't think they're going fifty five to sixty wins, but they comfortably feel like a close to a fifty win team to me.
Speaker 2: They won fifty two last year it was KD for Fred van Vliet. They won fifty two the year prior when it was Fred van Vliet for Kevin Durant. I don't think this team is worse. Yeah, that's yeah, yeah, So I would be over on this as well. But I do have my eyes on Elper and Sheng Doon. Okay, this season he's he's kind of in the polo spot for me right now where I'm like, I love the way you play. I don't know if it totally works in a team context, because last season he was just like pounding the ball man, he was going Iso mode all the time, wouldn't always get to the rim, shot so many floaters and like that's a pretty inefficient shot. He didn't shoot it all that well either. I felt like the ball stopped with him so often. But they need less creation from Sheng Gun this season. If Fred van Vliet is coming back to take over the playmaking point guard responsibilities, so that you're gonna have less onus on Shongoon to make all the plays.
Speaker 1: But he needs to have a bounce.
Speaker 2: Back season yep, to stay in my guys I like category.
Speaker 1: All right, So rockets over forty six and a half for me, let's do one more round. You got your eye on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I like the Cleveland Cavaliers, don't.
Speaker 2: I always over forty seven and a half wins from last season. They don't technically have James Harding, but I think he'll be there eventually. Last season they went fifty too and thirty. That was with twenty six games of Darius Garland before he was traded for twenty six games of James Harden. Evan Mobley only played sixty five games, Jared Allen only played fifty six games. Wouldn't surprise me if they missed some time as well, But they missed time last season and they went over fifty wins. They lost Dean Wade, but replaced him with Mario Hozonia sidways move.
Speaker 1: I do know, we'll see what Hozzonia has left.
Speaker 2: But they're bringing everybody back from the worst possible conference finals team, but they still made a conference finals. Since Donovan Mitchell got to Cleveland, fifty one, forty eight, sixty four and fifty two wins. Those are all over, So as long as he's healthy, I think the Calves hit close to fifty wins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this line a little perplexing that. I guess this is just as simple as the East got better, East better that these these top eight teams or whatever in the East, a lot of them improved or some teams jumped into that mix, and that'll dilute the Calves normally good regular season win total. I think that's the thinking here because I'm with you. Otherwise it's like not much different. You're still a Donovan Mitchell led team. It gets you a lot of regular season wins. Also, so does Harden for that matter.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: So yeah, forty seven and a half m that's that's really just comes down when they play these other big teams, Yeah, that have gotten better and the Pacers back in the mix, and obviously the heat with Giannis and so on and so on, like, yeah, how many of those are they still getting?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: Are they splitting those series? And that again hurts their overall record. Okay, you got the Calves over that one. You know when you put that in the in the doc, I was like, Okay, that's a little spicy that one. I'm the least convinced of your your your three. I would say my final one might surprise people. I'm taking the Knicks, the championship Knicks. Excuse me it right, I'm taking the under fifty two and a half wins and big reason why. And I want to give a shout out to the Big Number Pod who sort of crunch the numbers showing us there's like a little bit of a championship curse they called it when it comes to over unders. And what they mean by that is there's an average drop off of nearly four wins for a team that just won the title when it comes to those over unders. And the Knicks last year won fifty three games, so maybe they're more of a look fifty to fifty one that would obviously hit the under here, and I think that's the ballpark they'll be the Gael and Bruns and Era Knicks have won forty seven games, fifty games, fifty one games, and then fifty three games, So that is a pattern. It could continue to go up. But I actually think with the season they just had, like the one hundred games they just played, and you can sort of take a step back now and try and maybe reduce some minutes for some of these heavy guys that get a lot of minutes there, and you can just slow play a little bit more. You're the defending champs. I don't think you're gonna be all that afraid of anybody, whether you're on the road or not. And they won't look at the regular season as like we gotta go get the number one seed or anything like that. Nor have they really ever done that last year. No, So that's why I think they're more of like a fifty win team and they'll come just under this. They swapped out Mitchell Robinson and Ariel Houck party I guess for Andre Drummond, and I think overall fine, but Mitchell Robinson is a winning player and helped win some of those games with his style, sure, and they're gonna hope Drumming can replicate it and all that. But I just think there'll be no rush to come out of the gate on fire. And they're obviously a marquee team, so they're gonna play these big games early and stuff like that. I think they'll come just under That's my thinking with that.
Speaker 2: That's one is I'm like, they nailed this line. They could win fifty one to fifty three games. It's exactly perfect. To me.
Speaker 1: Two of those are unders, and you win one of those, is it over?
Speaker 2: And you lose fifty three wins last season Like you're saying fifty one in the first Town season, I think.
Speaker 1: You got to throw. And they were super healthy last year.
Speaker 2: Eighty two games for Bridges as usual, seventy five for Towns, seventy four for Brunts, and but Og and Josh hart Og played sixty seven and Josh hart played sixty six.
Speaker 1: That's very good for Moss.
Speaker 2: They played the second most minutes of any lineup in the league. They're starting lineup obviously they're bringing them all.
Speaker 1: Back, yep. But I'm also like they didn't go for it last year.
Speaker 2: They were just a good team during the regular season and then completely clicked in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Like why wouldn't they try and replicate that again, right right, We're not winning the championship in February, guys.
Speaker 2: So they've done it, Yeah, proven it when Sky won a championship. In December, they.
Speaker 1: Won the cup. Then they had a brutal month where we were like, oh the sky is falling, Oh my god, what's wrong? Seven and eighty What a terrible month. Yeah, So they've done this before and I think that's how they'll approach it. And also Brunson underwent surgery on his wrist a month ago. Now they say he's going to be good to go and basketball activities and all that by the start of the season. But again that's another reason, like we don't need to push this guy. He doesn't need to carry us since like that, nor does he need to with this squad because it's stacked. This isn't like me saying I don't think the Knicks are gonna be able to win another title or get there or go far like that's that's that's the Knicks in the playoffs. Baby, that was a team of destiny and could they do it again? Yeah, they're elite. This is just regular season. I got them under fifty two and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would be curious that a big number. Tom did he mention the seeds of the teams that won the championship because it's more understandable if a team like Oklahoma City wins sixty seven games and drops the sixty to four, it's different fifty three to something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you're right. You're right. It was two weeks ago. I'd have to go do a deep dive on that podcast. Hey, he can be doing part two. You can do a part thirteen. You can just keep going to Thomas Apstro He was on the last one with our guy, your man, our man Dan Devine. Tom's voice was going, oh really yeah, And I bring this up because Nora, my wife, her voice just suddenly went this week. I don't know if something's going around or not interesting. We just had a kid tested for struck. Three thumbs down, Oh, thumbs down. Okay, well well the rapid test thumbs down. Yes, we'll see. Yeah, test I feel are going around. I guess so avoiding it. I'm hoping to keep Yeah. So anyway, Uh, those are over under way too early, over under predictions. Uh six in total. There you went all over. So I just realized, what are you test me? Its positive beat on positive Pete, right, Yeah, yeah it is. It is negative view under. Yeah, give me an under.
Speaker 2: What's uh, let me see what the Golden State Warriors is because I would go under on that one.
Speaker 1: Really. Yes, Okay, it's thirty nine and a half. That's pretty low under. Okay, it's going under. They went thirty seven last year, I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I won thirty seven last year and got more wins this season after doing literally nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. It makes you think. Uh, let's hear from you guys out there. This is always fun. Let us know your favorite over under, tell us your line and which way you're leaning right now. In early August, as I said, it's the drop, we gotta do rapid fire, I got the questions. I'll answer with the guys. There's only three of us here in the first one, as alluted too early in the podcast. LaMelo Ball's Charlotte Penthouse recently went viral after a moving crew I Guess shared a video of its eccentric interior. eSPI Nation compared the design to a David Busters having a baby with hot topic inside rodblocks, and I said it has an alien clown core aesthetic. So my question is, what's the most lamello ball like thing we would find in your home?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Downstairs in my office, I have a vintage leopard rug. Not leopards, it's two leopards posing on a red rug. Laura's grandfather used to run like a carpet store yep. So the family just has a bunch of weird rugs everywhere. And I think they were moving her grandmother out and Janna brought this down and said, would you want this?
Speaker 1: I was like, I would want this more than is crazy. We're showing it to everybody on YouTube. Podcast listers, come on over. How big is this rug? I can't tell. I mean it's not it's probably like eight by six, like it's pretty soil pretty big, yeah, because it almost looks like that could be like a welcome mat at first size. But that's pretty big. Yeah. Now if that red was like Neon green, that's for sure. Yeah, all right, I like that one. JD. What about you? What's the most lamellow ball like thing we find it?
Speaker 3: I mean, we have a lot of crazy shit on our walls because Rachel paints weird pictures painting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably wild designs.
Speaker 3: But The weirdest thing I have is up in my bedroom and I think I'm going to move it down to the set. It's this, uh ad. It's how to describe this. It's it's a framed picture, a hand painted uh advertisement. But it's not an advertisement. It goes over products. It's from the Honest Ed's warehouse that that shut down and they auctioned off all their signage that are all hand painted. And this is a haircut kit for nine to ninety nine. And my my buddy grabbed it for me because we were living in Atlanta. I was like, grab me anything literally, anything from Honest Ads. I just want to have it right, and so this is what he grabbed me. I think he paid two dollars for it.
Speaker 1: Oh what steel?
Speaker 3: And it's hand painted and it's kitchy. It doesn't really it seems like you're selling a haircut kit, which we're not. I don't even know what it is, like it's ten piece haircut kits, so I don't know if it's It can't be like electric clippers because for ten.
Speaker 1: Bucks cheap, very cheap. It's littlely scissors and a little brawl.
Speaker 3: Yeah and yeah, maybe a small mirror or something.
Speaker 1: Good deal, but ten pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, anyway, that's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I asked Nora. Yeah, what do you think is the most LaMelo ball? I think I showed her the video of his play. She's like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's crazy, she said, and I'm quoting Nora here before her voice went this flip flop ass magnet from Anguilla. So the one smack dab in the middle there. She hates this magnet really. Yeah, as as most of you know, we collect magnets from everywhere we've ever been, and so we have a big board now to sort of show them in the guest bedroom. But she hates this one, like to the point where she's like, we have to go back wow just to get And I'm like.
Speaker 4: What's that.
Speaker 1: It's stupid, it's ugly, it's in the best way imaginable. But you know, I do think this has the the bright, vibrant, kitchy look that a Lamello would like. The neon green is very yeah. Yeah, who magnet. Oh, I don't think I had a lot of options. It was probably an airport pickup. It was just too busy on the beach otherwise, But it's crazy. It's an ugly one. It's an ugly one. Okay, next one here. Wemby is spending some time in France this summer and many of the Spurs teammates took a trip to Paris to join them for some off season work. And after the gym the crew hit up the louver to see the Mona Lisa and it looks like they had a private tour and see anybody else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that's what's inspired the question here. What's a famous building or place that you would love to visit all by yourself.
Speaker 2: I want to go to or Field Laboratories in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Okay, they have a thing called the Nchoic Chamber.
Speaker 1: Which is the quietest place on earth.
Speaker 2: It like eliminates like ninety nine point nine percent of sounds. People say that when you're in it, you can hear your blood rushing.
Speaker 1: I've heard their bond. I've heard this. How crazy would that be?
Speaker 2: That's like it's supposedly like a hallucinatory experience because of the sensory deprivation.
Speaker 1: You can do it in the dark as well.
Speaker 2: There's a I think there's a New York Times peace about somebody that spent three hours in there.
Speaker 1: Wh Yeah, it sounds like it would just be crazy to be it'd be crazy. I mean I would try it, but I don't think i'd like it. No.
Speaker 2: I mean, like you've been into like a recording studio and even that, like you can hear.
Speaker 1: The deadness in the room and it's kind of weird.
Speaker 2: This like I'm reading about it, and like I think it was a woman who read it. She steps in and she's like, it felt like the sound was sucked out of my head, so weird. She's like, your body is so loud and you don't even know it because you know there's just noises around, especially me, I'm such a mouth breezing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like a good place to go to hate yourself. Yeah, always. God, Well, so I've told that story before where I've I've run marathons where my headphones cut out on me, so I'm only hearing myself. Yeah, oh my god, I'm fucking I would never want to run by be so rude. It's so annoying. JD. What about you famous building or place you want to visit by yourself?
Speaker 3: Up there was there it was so packed, like and I I've actually never been close to the Mona Lisa because I'm like, if I could, I'm not standing on line.
Speaker 1: Well, like they also like they like hold up things so you can't take photos. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: And like what let them take a photo? Who cares?
Speaker 1: It's like whatever.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, Like I I look at cruise ships and I go, I wish I was alone on that. Oh, because I have no interest in taking a cruise, but if I had the whole ship to myself, I'm into it. There was a guy who went viral because he he accidentally became he was on a cruise ship by himself, and it was just like ghost Yeah, totally. And I think it was like a crossing, like one of those you can get on a cruise ship that goes across the Atlantic because they they just ferry them back and forth for the season, right, you go to the Mediterranean for the summer and then back to the Caribbean for the wind. Anyway, that would be awesome, you know, just to have the entire like three thousand crew members and.
Speaker 1: You, oh they are still working.
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta eat, I gotta somebody's got to run the bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you like a show.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't go see a comedy show though, you know how they have like comedy clubs.
Speaker 1: Front row.
Speaker 3: I feel too much pressure to laugh and I would be roasting.
Speaker 1: No option, he or she would have no other options. You would have to do the crowd work. Anybody here from Arizona? No, all right, my bad Georgia? Oh yeah, okay, okay. So I had two answers for this one. Santorini grease would be great by yourself because like cruise ships or whatever. When I was there, it's packed, especially when those cruise ships come in. Yeah and unload all these people. There's walking around and just everything's tight. I mean it's beautiful, but everything is super super tight. So Santorina grease or a sky zone trampoline park? Interesting? Yeah? Yeah, get the kids out of here. Yeah, let me tramp, Yeah, let me tramp. Let me bounce here by chur don't worry about me running into kids, we're locking them over. Yeah, that'd be fun. That would be fun. Staff like, no, no, just me, Wow, I'm running it.
Speaker 3: That's that's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Oh you think if I get injured on this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you break your collar bone and you're like and there's nobody there.
Speaker 1: To hear a good point. One guy, I'll be fine, I'll be fun, all right. Last one here. Last weekend, Donovan Mitchell and Coco Jones tied the knot in a ceremony in Connecticut. The two shared their first dance to music Soul Child's two thousand hit song Love. I thought it was a pretty good choice. Hadn't heard that song in a long time, and I was like, oh, yeah, that's a good job. So my two questions for you guys married men here, what was your first dance wedding song? I'm sure you've told us before, but tell us again. And then two, if you had to get married again, maybe you're just readout redoing your vows. I guess that ways. What song would you pick today? So your real first dance wedding song? And then if you did it again today, what song would you pick? Tough question, man, that's a tough question. Our first dance was to Just One Kiss by Rafael Sadeq and Josh Stone. Oh hell yeah, yeah, okay, I know something talking about that's a great, great song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rafael Sadek and Joss Stone. I haven't said those names out loud, maybe since two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: What would I pick today?
Speaker 2: Though? I thought it was way harder, and I came down to two songs, either Come and Get.
Speaker 1: Your Love by Redbone or Kiss by Prince. Okay, okay, definitely.
Speaker 2: I just love them like the smooch ching, But neither of those are like slow dance.
Speaker 1: Not really. Yeah, I say, you're switching to the songs?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 2: And did I take it my first dance very seriously? The first time around? No, Laura was standing. I was holding her hands, sprinting around her.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. She's just, oh, what a silly boy.
Speaker 2: I'm married, so it doesn't have to be very straight laced, you know, I get away with either of these.
Speaker 1: All right, good answers. JD. You said you struggled a little.
Speaker 4: Bit with this one.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well we didn't have a first dance, like we didn't. Yeah, I didn't we yeah, we While we got married in Mexico, it was sort of like we didn't put a lot of thought into any of it, to be honest. I mean when we we didn't even pick the music for the ceremony. We just it didn't occur to us like.
Speaker 1: Wow, so and then who was doing it?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, it wasn't even like there wasn't even DJ because it was like an all inclusive resort. So it was like they had like we had a dinner, we had speeches and all that, yeah, and then we just sort of spilled out into the disco and then that was sort of the everybody you.
Speaker 1: Were with the other people from the resort at a certain point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well we had like fifty people at the wedding, like who came to the resort, So I mean there was that, but after the dinner itself, there was very little ceremony. And then me and Rachel just left anyway, so you know, we had business to take care of. What was the song playing there, That's a great question. It's probably Bone Thugs in the Harmony or some I mean it's hard because I like the love songs that I like. They're all about breaking up, you know, like Dolly Parton, I Will Always Love You right, just like everything's got like a twist of pain in it, you know.
Speaker 1: But so I mean I hear you the lyrics. This is maybe a weird song, but like if it's a good song, it's a good.
Speaker 3: If it's a good song, if it's just the chorus. It's like, I will always love you. Let's leave it at that. Yeah, exactly. And also another part of it is like, there's a lot of songs that are beautiful songs, but they're all about I love you girl, and it's all from the guy's perspective, you know what I mean. So I don't want that. So I'm going with, Well, there's two songs. There's this is an actual one. Well, they're both actual, But if it was if I had my way and could go back to two thousand and three, it would it would probably be Luna by A Shout Out to Your Dog by the Smashing Pumpkins is one of my favorite. This is literally about just love. Yeah, but I would probably pick how Deep is Your Love by The Beg's Right Now just timeless, classic, class second great, and it's short. They're both under three minutes.
Speaker 1: It's funny I say that. It's funny you say that because one of the songs like so we didn't have we got married at a courthouse here, and so we didn't actually have the big wedding or do our first dance. But I was thinking if we either did back then or even today, it would probably be the same song. It'd be a song that like When We Fell in Love from an artist like When We fell in Love, which is now like twenty five years I've been with Nora Shawda's no Ordinary Love, but a song seven minutes long. Yeah, baby, it's a long ass songs. So you get out. You just got to torn it off at some you gotta switch it up.
Speaker 3: I'll just hand it over to me.
Speaker 1: I'll cut it down, okay, Yeah, remix.
Speaker 3: Well, your boy Brian is very good at that as well.
Speaker 1: Well we did a little bit more than twenty seconds of your boy Bryan. So that's probably my answer, But a couple others under consideration. Maxwell, Remember Maxwell, Yes, I had a couple of jams back in the day, Ascension, good song, whenever, wherever, whatever, good song. And then Alicia Keys because I asked Nora this, like what would you think? And she said, we listened to a lot of Licia Keys were first hooking up. So I'm like, so what fallen'? That was our first think. That's a great song. Yeah, But then I'm like that one's like, aren't the lyrics like I keep falling in and out of love with you? So yeah, one of those situations exactly.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't matter, It doesn't it mayn't matter. Yeah, right now, I'm in love with you. That's marriage, baby, you go, it's ups and downs.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Good point. So those are our answers there, good stuff, guys. First dance wedding songs, let's hear from you. What was is your first dance wedding song? Or if you haven't been married or you're gonna get married, what's it gonna be here in twenty twenty six? All right, that's rapid fire, not so rapid. Yeah, good wedding song. Well, how's it gonna be by Buster Rod? That's a great song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you can find one away for one of you to morph into like silver water.
Speaker 1: Very cool, Yeah, very very cool. I was just listening to Uh funny you brought up buster rhymes flip Mote squad, I had that in the posse cuts.
Speaker 4: I can't name only flip only splip starg Wow, I didn't know she was in the squad.
Speaker 1: We got didn't baby sham, We got you said slip start, we got rampage. Yeah. I think there's a guy something is it Lord have Mercy? Is that his name? It's something like that. Yeah, I look it up. Squad have we named them all? Named them all there, decent squad. So yeah, I love I love the flip most squad man flip Mo Squad forever. But you know what about brittle low too early? Too early? Lord, have mercy your Lord. Yeah, for sure. DJ scratch forgot about DJ scratch right right. Uh, that's like a that era. That's like what ninety eight I think footboat Squad. I put like I said, I put it on. I'm like, oh yeah, skits, skits. Yeah, they had skits back then.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 1: Man, It's like a banger of a song and then like, let's have a dumb ass one minute skit on the end of this. It's like annoying to listen to the car. Yeah, skip skip skip all right, anyway, rapid Fire. That's it for today's show. So plan is we're back on Monday, Tass. We back with us I believe, brand new not Dunk's podcast. So we'll be talking about whatever NBA news, whatever concept we come up with. Topic we come up with there later in the week. Though next week, starting on Friday, we're rolling out are Pirates of the Caribbean series called the Booty Boys, and there we are. Yeah, baby, as Pirates. Wow, look at this crue, this crue here, man, we look good. As Pirates guys actually pulling off. So yes, our Pirates of the Caribbean series will be doing all five movies from that Field franchise and breaking it down, having a lot of arms, going through the movies and talking them out starting next Friday, and then those will drop subsequent Fridays for the next five weeks, so that'll always be for the most part of your Friday content. The Booty Boys. What we're going with it. We were Fast Friends for Fast and Furious. We were Jurassic Pals for Jurassic Park, and now we're the Booty Boys are So a couple of shows next week. Hit the like button, subscribe five star ratings and reviews until next week. Clipper Roads.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first, have a great time, turn up, love you guys awesome, Thanks for joining us, and remember act your age, not your shoe size.
Speaker 1: Brace today people,