Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is Steve, j n V, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Lona La Rossa is here as well, and we got a special guest in the buildings we do now. She is the first black woman to hold the syndicated morning show. She had one in New York and Philly has one in New York right now. She does entertainment rapport of Picks eleven and she has her own morning shows where I got my start. Ladies and gentlemen, it's Miss Jones aka Jonesy.
Speaker 3: Welcome, good morning, Thank you, thank you, MV. Thank you for that, thank you for having me here.
Speaker 2: So if you don't know, Jones is how I got my start in morning radio. And I'll just break down the store and then I'll let you girls take over because I.
Speaker 1: Know everything about Jones.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll shut it.
Speaker 2: So I was doing morning radio with Joe Button at Hot ninety seven.
Speaker 1: This is when Starring Buck left, Swaye left.
Speaker 2: They tried a bunch of different shows, didn't work, and they had Joe Button and me. We were doing morning show and Joe Button was a rapper at the time, so he was doing his he was on tour and doing all types of things, and it just didn't work.
Speaker 1: Uh, So they brought in Jones.
Speaker 2: And when they brought in Jones, me and Jones really didn't have a relationship. We knew of each other, but didn't know each other. And I remember the first day, you know, me being nosy. I was air hustling, and I found out she was talking out on her manager or whoever at the time, and she said how much they made and how much they were giving her, and I pulled her to the side and I said, look, just to let you know, they paid Joe Button this.
Speaker 1: Much, so you should ask for that much. And right then and.
Speaker 3: There, that's what he said. They paying Joe to fifty.
Speaker 1: And we became brother and sister.
Speaker 4: She asked for that, and you're a starting point.
Speaker 2: And that's how our brother and sister became. And from now on we've been through ups and downs and battles and wars, and we always had each other's backs, the good the bad. We were always there for each other. And even after we always there for each other. And that's how it became. So she is somebody that I look up to in radio. So when I talk about radio, she taught me how.
Speaker 1: To do interviews. She taught me how to tease.
Speaker 2: She taught me how to not have anything to talk about and just pull a topic out of thin air, make it big like she was the moments, and she was somebody that mentor or idolized when it came to radio because she knew how to do it and she did it so effortlessly.
Speaker 1: So miss Jones, ladies, and I love how.
Speaker 4: You advocated for her first of all, like you, because you know nobody would have, did you know what I'm saying? Not many people would do that. Oh this person getting paid this, and you knew that, you knew who she was and that her worth and what she was worth, you know, and that was really your value.
Speaker 3: No one does that anymore, no, nobody, no, So that that's really dope. Thank you.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about how radio is ran today, the current state of radio today?
Speaker 3: You know what business is always business? Once I got that, Once I understood that, it just became an understanding of do your show and expect them to perform the business. You take the personal out of it. It's easier to just focus and move on. And do your other things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's talk about you getting to radio. So before radio, you were a music artist, yes, R and B singer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had singles where I Want to be Boy. My first album actually never came out. It wasn't until I left stepsn Records and got with Andre Herrel at Motown. It was going to be the new Motown and then he got fired, and then it was just bringing an A and R bringing a new It was a mess. So I'm glad that when they asked me to do weekends at Hot ninety seven. Although first I was like radio, I'm going to be a big singer, so I don't got time. I'm glad I humored them because that wound up maintaining my lifestyle, which wasn't a huge lifestyle, but paying my bills because my mother died June twenty sixth of ninety one, right after I got home from college. My dad died freshman year, so I had nothing. I had nothing, so I needed that little weekend job, and I didn't know I would wind up needing it to be my full time job when they offered me Morning.
Speaker 2: Now Jones was the R and B singer we're talking to Miss Jones. She was the R and B singer, kind of like how Fab.
Speaker 1: Used to do the Clue mixtapes.
Speaker 2: She used to do the R and B version of that before Fab. So she would sing on the mixtapes.
Speaker 1: Who was ever beat was out? She would kill it.
Speaker 2: And that's how Jones got popular, and she did with ron g legendary mixtape, DJ ron G.
Speaker 4: I am no, go ahead, no no, that that's amazing. Ain't never have an R and B mixtape?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah? That was the start. And it's funny because once I did it, it started catching on. But I was just doing it for fun, primarily because I loved the beats and I always wanted to sing. I didn't want to necessarily be a rapper. But that was a good fusion and it was safe because I, you know, I studied music. I thought I could sing. I know that people liked it, But hearing a mixtape on Jamaica Avenue in front of the coliseum wall was everything. You already made it when that happened.
Speaker 4: So what happened, like, why aren't we?
Speaker 3: We could blame it on a lot of things. Now, I'm so glad I avoided the baby oil of it all. I'm glad that I always wound up with labels that didn't necessarily have the resources. I was always with a small engine, and then when you have the other artists that have the bigger engines and maybe not necessarily the bigger talent or the bigger gifts, you lose. But I flipped it and I just stayed the chorus of radio, never knowing that that would be my full time thing, and that from radio I would then go back to making records, because last year I went back to music. I have a song called Calling Old Ladies that was Grammy nominated and this is the first time graduation ever, Thank you so, and I have a new single, let's play it's the birthday song. Hopefully ve you'll give it a spin or something.
Speaker 1: Do you think Diddy took what you were doing back then?
Speaker 3: I know for a facts he did. Women to tell the story, please, so if you remember the so back then it was Mary J. Blige, and it was well before that it was like maybe and Williams, but she wasn't really a contender because she was a little more mature at her marketing. But back then it was Michelle A. Allison Williams and Mary J. Blige was the new kid on the block. Michelle was from the West Coast, so she didn't really have the edge, the New York edge, and they knew well then I came and Ron G was my person and Diddy was behind Mary. So Mary's first album, if you go back and listen, it was really all jazz, R and B. Diddy always had his ear to the street and so he heard about my stuff coming and he came to ron G heard the mixtapes that we were doing, and he knew that my album was supposed to be like the mixtapes, which wound up being Mary's remix album. So when he couldn't get Ron to give him my stuff, because Ron was like, no, miss Jones was going to be my artist, I'm getting her a deal, he took the music and went and remixed her first album and released it before we could even get out the gate with mine.
Speaker 4: So because he couldn't have you or.
Speaker 3: Not me, he wanted the music for Mary Oh Good. He wanted the music from Roanji for Mary. So every song that was supposed to be mine that's on the remix album that was he got it from. And he tricked Ron to Ron just bring all your tapes down here. I just want to vibe. And Ron dumped all the tapes there, and I'm like, why would you do that? In hindsight, he didn't know. We didn't know that Dinny would wind up being you know, the way it was. But so that's it. But she didn't know.
Speaker 5: Have you and married je oblige ever sat and had a conversation about.
Speaker 3: This and no, and she doesn't know. She doesn't like I probably shouldn't even still remember, right, Why.
Speaker 4: Shouldn't you remember? Did somebody give you somewhere you ain't supposed to remember?
Speaker 3: I mean, because it's so many years, after so many years, are supposed to move on, right, So don't get me wrong. I have my moments of Tourette's and going down the rabbit, But primarily I realized that she did not know, and it wasn't her fault. And that's not to say that even if she didn't, she wouldn't have been the huge star she is today. But I just know that particular situation happened that way, and that is the truth. But I'm not denying her success.
Speaker 5: A note after that, Diddy did the reality show for you for free.
Speaker 6: I've heard you talk about that.
Speaker 3: Remember that Enva My god.
Speaker 6: What was the exact reality show?
Speaker 3: We don't even know. We were just kids happy to have some cameras because this is before reality shows, this is before Keisha call, this is before anything. And they brought cameras into the High ninety seven studios. So Mvy was like, it would be good, it would be dope. Actually, if you could get Diddy to Cosan. You go to shoot some scenes with Didty, I'm like, what are you talking about? He's like whatever. So we get in there. I get into the office and he's first thing he says is why are you always talking about Beyonce? And I'm like, I don't know. What are you drinking? It's like crog ray T. Do you want something? And I'm like yeah, And then we just broke the ice and started talking. So the show never went anywhere. Emmy said it was horribly produced. It was so bad. How old were you at this time, thirty thirty year early thirties because yeah, because then yeah, because when I went to after that, I had my thirty fifth birthday and the mayor it was like they sent me thirty five birthday cakes up to the radio station. The mayor gave me the key to the city and all the things. So I remember it was.
Speaker 1: Thirty so when you left.
Speaker 2: So when you started doing weekends on Hot ninety seven, then you started doing mornings, right you started doing morning with starring buck Wow, how was that being into that because they threw you into the mix.
Speaker 3: Well, actually before starring Bucklow, remember and before that it was Steph Lover Kurt Flirt. And they asked me. I was home in the midst of boxes. I had to leave my apartment because I could no longer afford that rent. And I'll never forget Tracy. Our boss then called me and she's like, what's wrong. Why do you say what I'm saying. I'm like nothing, I'm fine, and she goes, so, what do you think about joining the morning show? Being like the girl on the streets, And I was like, but I didn't want to let her know. I'm like, it depends how much is it pay? Correct And this is before the whole replaced Joe Buttensing. This is I'm coming straight off of weekends making union scale was like one hundred and twenty dollars per shiit, which is really nothing to live off of, but I made it work and now I realized that the record label is like, they're like, okay, we're done with your project. So that call changed my life. And then it was me, Steph and Kurt flirt and I came back one morning and Steph yelled at me and we wound up having a fight in the studio. But we didn't know that the microphones were on, so then the salespeople came running down the hall to It was crazy. So when we heard that and Tracy, we knew she was on her way into the studio. I one of my girlfriends worked in sales, and she was like, before Tracy can come to you, go back there and apologize, just to apologize and say you know you were wrong. And I'm like, but it wasn't it, she said, trust me. I went in there. I said, Tracy, I know I was wrong. I apologized for disrespecting you and the studio like that. I just got really emotional. So she goes, Okay, Then she called Steph. Steph goes, what the fuck I can't so Tracy's gonna calm down. Said, I'm not calming down. So she goes, you know what, stay home indefinitely, staph. And then that next Monday, it was me Fatman's Scoop and Kurt Flirt. She put Scoop in to replace Steph. God rest his soul. Yeah, it was, it was, and it was in a moment's time. I had to think quick, listen to my friend Karen shout out to Quarrant and do that, or else I could have been the one because her and Steph were friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow yeah.
Speaker 1: So then from that transition went from after fat Man's Scoop.
Speaker 3: Was Scoop introduced darn Buckwold to Tracy and they they would wind up taking over his job in mornings. I'm like, you walked in our competition, but Scoop had that type of heart. So they got rid of Scoop. And she told me, Tracy, you better not fucking say nothing because this like you got to protect yourself and your life. But I'm getting rid of Scoop and I'm moving him to overnights and I'm putting you on mornings with Starrn buck Wilde. Now, mind you. Starn Buckwold used to write talk shit about me and their little magazine that they had as an R and B singer. They always talking about the gap in my mouth and all the things and I'm like, since when do dude talk about a woman's feature? But that was them, and so when they put me together with them, I was, you know my scorpio, it's always on scorpio. I am, are you twenty second scorpio? Scorpio? Oh come on, yeah, I'm October okay. But so I still had an attitude. So he apologized, but it don't matter, like you know what I mean, And then he used to talk about everyone, which I understood what he was doing, but I didn't necessarily want to be a part of that because I'm still an ARM and B singer trying to make a comeback and rub hands or shake hands, and I'm outside at nights or not. You go back to wherever it is you live. I'm in these streets and I gotta wow, yes, yeah, And why.
Speaker 1: Did you leave that show?
Speaker 5: Because I, yes, I had before we get to while you left, I wanted to ask because it kind of sets up for that question. So just hearing that background and knowing about the magazine and you coming in with attitude of I gotta protect myself, is that why before you left you chose to protect yourself in this tuition that.
Speaker 3: With Aliyah yes, that was the straight disrespect. And it was too early for the bullshit. And I didn't like the fact that I knew all morning they were whispering, so I knew something was browing. It was always something brewing with the kids, right, but that morning it was too soon for the bullshit, and I knew she had just died, so it was And I was like, but I know they would never like go that far or what happened.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh, go ahead, you tell.
Speaker 3: So Aliah passed away the week before. This was right before nine to eleven would happen, right, she passed away. This is tragic because no one girl R and B young singer had been dying at all. The next week, starring Buck Wow primarily Star and his assistant Reese, they decide to reenact her dying on the plane crash, and they played on the screams and the and the sound of fire burning like a plane crashing, and I knew they were up to something like to this day, He goes, Miss Jones knew, no, you kept it from me, and you know you didn't tell me what it was. But when I heard it, I walked out and I said, I wish you had died in a plane rather than a Leah. And then Tracy used that. She was like, you don't wish death on your coworkers and go home and you cool off and you think about this. Like she punished me, right, She yelled at me and not them on the radio. And then an hour later, McDonald's pulled their money. Bergie King PEPSI, everybody pulled their money. I don't know if it was Jay Z and Dame Dash telling them this is what happened. I don't know, because we don't have social media back then. Word didn't travel that quickly, but we had a lot of listeners back then, and everyone that was listening to the starn Buckwold feat from Miss Jones heard it and knew someone that heard it. So when the corporation started pulling the money, bring hello Jones. Is Tracy Tracy the one that just wanted me to go home and think about it. We need you back. I have to pull starm Buckwow off the air. The world everybody's mad, yeah, and we need you to calm the savage beast that is. And I did what I was told and went back on air.
Speaker 5: There's always been conversation that either Dame or jay Z either called the station or came to the station or something like that.
Speaker 6: After all that happen.
Speaker 3: Probably, and now that all this other stuff is coming out now years later, I'm sure they probably took her to breakfast and made the threat that either you get them off the air or elsewhere, you won't have any more Rockefeller artists. I'm sure of that. I'm finding out now, We're all finding out that those type of conversations were had. You know, Wendy got let go because did he allegedly called Tracy and said, by the time I get back in town, she'd better be going, or you won't have any bad boy artists. But I want to say this Star was on his way right then of being let go because the listeners and the corporations would not stop. Be it not for nine to eleven happening the next week, he would have been let go. When nine to eleven happened, everybody forgot about Aleyah, No one gave a damn about Star war Buck Wild, right, So we got to live this or he got to live to see another day under the quiet cloak of let's chill, Let's be easy for a little while. Let's focus on nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: So when they finally left Hot ninety seven and you were in Philly just right, we got to call a come back to New York. How was that and how difficult it was it back then for a woman to a woman.
Speaker 1: To have her own show, especially in mornings.
Speaker 3: It was hard when I went there had never been a woman in mornings in that format of radio in Philadelphia. But I needed a job because I was fired so abruptly as soon as things turned around and we forgot about nine to eleven and everyone's back popping, Star without me knowing, kicked me off the show and Tracy, I said, I don't work for him. I worked for you, and she's like, yeah, but if Star doesn't feel comfortable, she did never let me know. And I had just gotten this fabulous apartment at the Renaissance on one sixteenth. The Lennox was brand new. She knew this, they knew it. And she goes, well, go talk to him, go beg him, go beg for your job back. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So after she called you and begged you to come in be the saving grade, yep, turned around. I don't know what to do now, go and bag him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me build it back up, let things get normalized, let the sponsors come back on. Then she let him kick me off the show. And he only wanted me off the show because I was never going to be the Robin Quivers. He wanted to be Howard Stern a lot. That was his style and whatever. But Robin Quivers, to me, never really had a position. If she did, she never stood up to Haward Stern. That ain't me. That was just not me. So maybe I should have just been a laugh track and I would have kept that job. But thankfully I was able to go to Philly be the first woman. I didn't know I was being the first woman. I just knew I needed a job, and anybody got time to think about, oh my god, what am I going to say? Well, just getting there and do and so I I did that. And now apparently they think I enjoyed doing that because I'm by myself at the block talking to myself and Wayne, my producer. But so yeah, it worked out. It worked out for times like this where companies can't afford to have a fully staffed breakfast club.
Speaker 1: So then you came back.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, wait, don't let's stay in Philly real quick, because you going to Philly.
Speaker 6: Was Wendy Williams giving you a call?
Speaker 3: So I called wend Wendy called me. I think she called me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I heard I've seen any where you said.
Speaker 5: She called you because she heard what was happening. Wendy Williams info Angie Martinez, You guys are like the pinnacle of like if I could have a radio career on her mind, it is that. So I enjoy all your interview, especially your drink Tins interview. I've watched it a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you for carrying the torch and getting in there and getting no stories. Because I pay attention to you too, I'd be like this, like what, thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that, and I.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you still having the love of it. So Wendy call Jones because she always had to sneak to call me because her husband, Kevin later would try to have me murdered in front of ninety seven. That's a whole nother story.
Speaker 4: Child, hold on, damn.
Speaker 3: Put you something to drink.
Speaker 1: But but that was paging the paper. But we'll get into that later. It's a lot, Child, been.
Speaker 3: So much, I don't even know how I'm still staying the child.
Speaker 1: What they call again?
Speaker 3: Call yes, she said, I heard what's going on? Called Golden Boy who was then doing more or the PD for Power ninety nine, and call Luscious Ice over at the Beat. I didn't know either of these people, but I needed a job, so I called Luscious Ice responded quickly, and in a couple of weeks I had the position. I didn't know anyone in Philadelphia except for Charlie Baltimore and thank God for Chuck. She took me under her wings. She sat and with me on my first week and introduced me to people, told me kind of we're at a party where not the party, but to stay away from. And Derek Coleman he called from the Sixers and we went to Syracuse together. He helped me find my apartment and he just was being a real big brother to me when I got to Philadelphia. But it was very rewarding because when I got to that station, they were like number of fifty in the ratings. They had no signal and they had little resources, and I brought them to number three in three months.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So for me that was self what self? It was? Because I still had the hurt of did I mean that little to the Star and Bucklow show that they think that they could just throw me out, And then I'm like, wait, maybe I ain't shit.
Speaker 4: And then you go somewhere and you revamp it, you replenish it, and then you make it a whole.
Speaker 3: New thing, and you just I just bought the same thing, and they were happy to have the same old thing that they had discarded in Hot ninety seven. Right, they were happy to have me. They were coming to my grown folks Fridays, which I created. By the way they were coming. It was everything I did in Philly. I love Philly so much because they gave me what my soul needed without being paid or without yeah, without being paid to do so. They showed up for me and at that time in my life, they gave me the confidence I needed to stand in being the only woman doing morning radios like that. And then it was so gratifying when Hot ninety seven had to call me back to save that ass.
Speaker 6: So now we're getting jest. You want to ask her about the front page with a.
Speaker 1: Year So.
Speaker 4: Somebody trying to have you killed?
Speaker 3: Oh of Kevin, Wendy William's husband. According to the court documents, I was saying, okay, break.
Speaker 4: It down, allegedly breaking down allegedly.
Speaker 3: Suppose, Well, Kevin never liked me and Wendy's friendship. And I think it's because when Wendy introduced me to Kevin, when she very first met him, he and I were sitting in the car together because she had gone in the store to get some gum, and we had a conversation and I told him to take care of my friend, and he goes, no, when she makes it, I'm gonna make it, I'm gonna take care of her. I didn't like that. I didn't like that. What you mean, when she becomes a star, you're gonna be right there. I didn't like that. And maybe it was harmless, but no, it's not, because look how it ended up. So I knew and he knew. You know, when your boyfriend, when a boy a bad boyfriend, knows that girl friend that sees him for what he is. He tried to keep her away, and Wendy was so happy to have a Bulge because remember back in the day when she used to be in the studio, she acts like she had a security guard named Bulge, and she'd be like, Bulge, close the door, let me tell you about total bulge. There was never a bald Kevin. Well. Later on she married Kevin and then he became her bulge right a protection. So when he told her not to talk to me, she used to sneak to talk to me, and so yeah, and so it would come out later on when she made her return to New York on nine to eleven, two weeks after the whole Alia thing happened, Kevin didn't want her having any part to me. And I guess it got to the point because I wasn't backing down at that point she was start saying slick stuff about me on Aaron. I was started saying stuff back. For many years, I did nothing, but I was tired of being a punk ass bitch and so I started saying stuff back and he went to silence me. And so in the court documents when they're intern, Nicole I think was her name, sued them. She came out and testified that he attempted to have a murder plot placed on Miss Jones. Now three years ago, when me and Wendy Williams reunited, I think this was twenty twenty two, twenty twenty two, we started hanging out. I'm spending the night at her house. She's driving all the way out to Manalop into my house. You still have the ring camera as evidence. She told me. She goes, oh, as far as keV trying to have you murdered. He was just playing. He didn't mean it. But that doesn't mean he didn't say it, And that doesn't mean that someone who is trying to be in his graces. We see people now shooting and killing people because they think they're doing something in the spirit of I got her, I got her. So how are you playing? How you shooting?
Speaker 6: How do you feel right now about this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thanks, thank you because I almost missed it regularly.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So she gets back to New York.
Speaker 3: Wait, I was gonna, I was going that was my life, that was our life.
Speaker 6: I was going to ask you.
Speaker 5: We went off to dinner with Wendy and she said that she feels like what she's going through right now is because of all of the things that she said, the things that have happened because of her karma, right, She said that, Yeah, she told me, Charlotte mage Dade, that's the first steps.
Speaker 3: I feel like God was waiting for that. I feel like when she had the issues with her feet spiritually, that was God teaching her about kicking people when they're Downah, I said, of all the body parts to get affected publicly, be affected because she couldn't hide from that. That is you and God. Y'all gotta work that out. You gotta acknowledge that. Despite the fact that Kevin is the one that gave her the foot surgery, y'all know about that, right, So he is a foot surgeon. When they first got together, he was giving her foot surgery for her birthday, and she went on air because I have the CD, I have all her things, and so she said, I don't know if I should be offended or grateful that my husband get me foot surgery for my birthday. But I'm researching the doctors and I got an appointment this afternoon, and blah blah blah blah blah. So she went and had the foot surgery to have her bunions removed. Right, this is many many years ago when this happened, and when we got back together in twenty twenty two, she came in the room and woke me up. She said, Johnson, I want you to look at something. She pulled the robe up she wear these elongated versace robes. She'd buy two robes of the same pattern so that her tailor could cut the bottom and have it long to cover her legs. So she made me touch it, and she said, this is limb fidem. I want to have the surgery. The doctor manipulated the nerve in my feet. My lymph knows the wrong way. And I said, well, that was years ago. She said, yeah, but it takes so many years for it to get like this. And so in my mind, I'm saying that he had you have that surgery, so just another way he's tearing you down. Whether he knew it or I don't think he knew. I think he really just wanted her to get rid of the bidians. But love my feet as they ease, Perriod, love all of that. H don't go.
Speaker 4: Changing, right because I got my bunions from my father and I'm keeping them.
Speaker 3: Keep them, just keep on.
Speaker 1: And let me just tell y'all.
Speaker 2: So when she started doing morning radio in New York, when I was involved, Jones went through mouth surgery for too m. She went through childbirth and still did the show from my hospital bed and from the bed.
Speaker 1: At the crib.
Speaker 6: The childbirth was when you had the y'all had something set up where she and this.
Speaker 1: Before the stuff that we had. This is like she had to do it for this like.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand, thousand months. The biggest fraud of.
Speaker 4: Your ass in there not did you have postpartum depression or did you go? You just you right?
Speaker 3: You know, I had a tsunami song. I was going to say that that mom saved you, and they tried to bring it they So I'm glad that I was home. I know, you know you did the research on this.
Speaker 5: Is this your baby right here? That that is Oh wow, it's so crazy. This is in real time, I know, right, So now you're hearing about something you brought it in the tsunami song and working from home. So I was working from home because Jayden was just born, and it was hard because I lived still down in the Philly area. Our producer at the time, they brought in a new fancy producer, del Gatto, who came from OPI and Anthony Opian.
Speaker 3: Anthony was a very racy, charged shock jockey type of show. They're the ones that had the couple having sex in the cathedral. So my boss, Tracy decided that bringing Rick Delgatto to be the producer of the This is when she asked me to come back to New York would be a great idea. So then as soon as he comes in, they let her go and he starts just letting loose. So he comes up with this idea to do a tsunami song because the tsunami had just happened. But when the ish hit the fan people were pissed off, and rightfully so, but they tried to spin it. Our boss at the time, Barry Mao, he came in actually when the Tsunami song first aired and high fived, I have to say allegedly because he'll suit allegedly high fived and was like, that's a crazy song. You guys are crazy, laughing all the way. But then when the corporation started McDonald's Pepsi Burgy King, they come and take their money again because who is this Miss Jones woman that has this tasteless tsunami song that's making fun of Asians and all the things things. He didn't even tell them. The name of the show is Miss Jones in the Morning, but Miss Jones hasn't even been in the studio to sing on a tsunami song. Or push a button to make it play right, so but no one wanted to hear that. He was trying to quickly get me out the door. Out the door. Thank god for Melsachs attorney Malsacks, the one that will later on represent Little Kima. We had a meeting with him and he had the head of the Asian their coalition or some organization, and he had them come in behind closed doors. Was after hours, and they said, listen, we know that it ain't you. We know that it's the company. My beef is that the owner of Hot ninety seven had some shady dealers with my dad years ago when my dad wound up going to prison. Like it always be something else. It's never you know just what is in front of you now it always be something bigger than you. But they were willing to let me be sacrificed, knowing good and well, I couldn't have sung on a Snami song. I wasn't even there. My fault was insisting that to be played again. That was the arrogance of me and the ego of me, And I was only doing that because we had a member on our show at that time that was trying to separate herself from the messiness that was to show, And in hindsight, I understand that, but I just I always like team to be team for the audience. Yeah, y'all could fight, pull each other's hair out, scratch each other's eyes out behind the scenes, but we always must appear to be a team, and she wasn't doing it. So that's what my answer to that was, We'll play it again. Stupid, stupid, Jonesy Stupid. To this day, I regret.
Speaker 6: That I feel like I'm asking all the questions.
Speaker 3: You did, all the research going on, because you have so much.
Speaker 5: Because well, first of all, I wanted to know if you and Wendy have spoken recently.
Speaker 3: No, she has not spun my block, but she's spoken to you. But you know what, I think somebody took my number out of her phone because you don't have started and then there.
Speaker 6: Would you speak to her now?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we had good times when we reconnected. We was going to Carolines. We were the night we went to Carolines, Angela Yee and her friends were sitting at the table next to us, and I told Wendy and she was like, don't act like you're telling me. It's like she's so shady now. But angel was trying to insist that Wendy come up and take a picture on the stage, and I was trying to not tell that Wendy couldn't get up, so I don't wanted to give her hippoprivacy but her feet. But then the next day, Angela Yee's friend, who was writing for the poster or the something the page six, wrote that Wendy refused to take pictures with Angela Yee and Jonesy, and I'm like, we were we were together number one, and she couldn't get on the stage because her feet would not allow her. But then I realized the angle of the camera. They were sneaking pictures of us from underneath their table. So now my Wendy knew. Wendy knew.
Speaker 6: When was that? When year was that?
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty two? Twenty Yeah, I think it was twenty twenty two. You remember, because we were doing a reunion show and she tormented me and you were like, my phone, I don't care what time of the night this is.
Speaker 2: If you need me to come get yep, absolutely talk about that. So then you left Hot ninety seven and you could ask questions about that because that was craziness. We left Hot ninety seven. We left and we were beefing with everybody at that time.
Speaker 3: He was social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were social media. We beef. What people don't understand.
Speaker 2: Is back then it was real beef, like we came up to parties, clubs, stations.
Speaker 4: It was really private.
Speaker 2: Yes, you leave Hot ninety seven, you decide not to do Hot ninety seven again, and you go back into Philly and you had a run in Philly, and then Philly let you go wrongly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would realize that the only reason Philly was syndicating me from Hot ninety seven is because they didn't want me to come back into the market on Power ninety nine because powerdat nine always had resources Hey, thea Hey and THEO who always loved me, and they didn't want to get to Milish, So when they knew I could not be a threat, they let me go. That was again Barry Mayo, the man that brought me back to New York, syndicated me in Philadelphia because when they fired him, really behind the Tsunami song, he went back to Radio one and got a job in Philly and asked me to be syndicated. Right now, think about it if I did all this tsunami song stuff and you were ready to fire my ass, why are you hiring me back? Which just holds me what the judges would say, because I wound up suing everyone.
Speaker 1: Jones is suerr by the way, she will sue you in a minute. But so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I see over here living all morning. I'd be like, I'm so excited, So Philly keep us on the guard rails.
Speaker 5: And because he was in Philly at the time, was it Golden Girl? Like what era of Philly radio was its Golden Girl?
Speaker 3: It was the hotways on Power ninety nine. Golden Girl was at night. She was always trying to nip at my heels and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, shoot at everybody, but she's well they.
Speaker 2: To this day, Jones will called me and be like, I'm about to go in and I have to talk off the ledge at our big.
Speaker 3: Because you don't stand up for yourself enough.
Speaker 6: See talk about that, would you right?
Speaker 3: What you mean? No MVB trying to take high rolls. He's petty. It's all petty. But then when it's time for him, when you got them it's time to kill, he'll fall back because I guess he thinks about the potential lawsuits and his easy prey and.
Speaker 1: If something go in before me, I know, Jones, but.
Speaker 3: Will burn the whole house down.
Speaker 4: Crazy good exact scene. So when I went live, they can understand. It's sometimes and I ain't a scoop you, I'm an aquarius. Oh but I just went live that day and but you had to. I didn't know if I was gonna have a job the next day, Jonesy, That's what I did. I came to hear my bank still works, and.
Speaker 3: Then I caught. I was like, tell me, this is scripted.
Speaker 6: Everybody thought it was fake.
Speaker 4: He can't listen.
Speaker 3: It was real.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you though, when it bothered me the most that I hurt his feelings, right, because Envy is very loyal, right, although I still, you know, I I still felt like, you know, I wasn't heard and I felt like, you know, things were done wrong. He has had my back since I started this ship. I'm talking about like calling me, checking on me before my pregnancy, my whole pregnancy, after I had the baby, everything, So I understood, like him coming and heared no, it was wet, it was corny, and I'm like, hold up, don't say it with the New York accident, and that's what made me cry. And I'm just like.
Speaker 3: Because you knew there was a little bit of truth in that.
Speaker 4: Big brother a big brother spanking and like, no, would not make eye contact with me when I look at me when I talk to me, and I don't like, I did not like that, you know what I mean. But it was like what I did, I felt like needed to be done, but definitely maybe a different way. He's not professional, but it was just like, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry, and I'm sorry that you went through that on air, but that made you humanize because you have this tough persona and you always have a comeback and I love that about you. But people need to know that you still bleed too. Yeah, and they got to see that, so well done.
Speaker 4: So yes, he definitely is the one that, Yeah, he go hard and everything, but like he do, he makes sensible decisions and you can trust because.
Speaker 3: He's never going to let you lose it all, although he almost lost it all from me. So when I came back to New York after I had had my son, Jalen Sterron Buck, Wow, at this point they were over here and they went on air asking anyone at the hospital where I had my son to send his medical records because he was down syndrome.
Speaker 1: He's not down syndrome, as you can see, guys.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with down syndrome. We love that. But the point is he was just born, you know what I mean, and he's asking for medical records.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: This man right here stood up for me on the air. Envy stood up for me. The company told him, Ebro, I'm a big Zach told him, don't do that. Don't mention the the station. They're still playing those old radio games. We don't mention the other station on air. So so Envy jumped in. He got so that same experience you have with Envy, that little passion he got. So he got more angry than I was, because I had gone to Jalen's father and I was like, what are we gonna do about it? I went to the uncle's Oh, just ignore it. Envy said, f that. So he said a man that will go after a woman and a newborn and a man at all. And then Starr went in on Envy's kids, and so Envy and his wife heki Hey, they took that ass to quietly, took him to court and want all that money and I want my cut her.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before I don't I lose it.
Speaker 3: It was so bad. It was so bad because there was nothing that this company could do but fire him. But it all started because Star was coming for me.
Speaker 4: And his loyalty for kids, Like what.
Speaker 3: That kids weren't off. It's kind of like how America is right now. We're so desensitized to school shootings, We're so desensitized to so many things. We're like, why is this happening? And yet it continues to happen. I don't want to get political in here, but it feels like we're back there where he just thought he could say and do anything, and thankfully there was a judge that shut it down. And I'm glad I had you as a big brother friend.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I'll do it again.
Speaker 4: Damn he would, and.
Speaker 6: It'd be louder, and he would use Instagram as he is big bro.
Speaker 2: So now you know, when Jones goes back to Philly leaves Hot ninety seven, I was like you me and miss Jones right, meaning I was mad because I'm like, how she just gonna leave us in Philly. We've been doing this show for three four years. And I was mad at Jones. And I don't think I spoke to Jones for like two years, three.
Speaker 3: Years, right, I don't know you were mad at me.
Speaker 1: We just speak maybe for five months.
Speaker 3: No, Envy, that's not true.
Speaker 1: I had to be long enough for a minute.
Speaker 3: No, we spoke because I was at Power ninety nine and Doc Winner had them conference calls. You were on it, I was on it, and we were talking and we didn't talk personally, but we were always on those conference calls. So I had no idea you were mad because I thought I did infight you to come to Philly, and you said you had money in the clubs.
Speaker 2: So I thought I was coming. I thought we was gang gang. Yeah, she eyed your deuces and left, so I was always mad. I'm like, damn, so I had to start over.
Speaker 3: But sorry, wait wait, wait, no, bring it back rewind. I am sorry because I wanted you. I don't Maybe I didn't come to you directly. Maybe I knew I couldn't afford you, so maybe I asked somebody in the team. Do you think I should ask Envy because he's not gonna come. I can't afford to pay him. But I thought I.
Speaker 1: Did different free.
Speaker 2: So when COVID hit, I haven't spoke to Jones and you was watching the own network, you.
Speaker 3: And your wife, and I did not know this. Jack and Joe Mom called and said, I had no idea your Miss Jones, because I had created a new life for myself. Once I got fired in Philly the last, the third time, the last time, I couldn't have I couldn't mess around anymore. So I separated myself from the industry. I couldn't listen to radio. It made me bleed.
Speaker 1: To hear radio industry stuff at all.
Speaker 3: Nothing. I changed my name. I started using my married name, just so that no one could trace Miss Jones back to me and that my kids would have a shame free upbringing, you know, so I was I was not doing that. So one of my Jack and Jail Mom shot out to Jack and Jail of America called and said, I didn't know that was you, and I said, we took about and then she said there's a program on own DJ MVY and his wife just said that were it not for you giving her husband a starting radio, he wouldn't be where he is. And I broke down crying because I hadn't spoken or heard from him in years, and I was angry because I felt like he's doing well. The other call hosts, everybody's doing well. They started on my show, and no one has reached out a hand to even see if my kids had Christmas, if everybody was doing okay or nothing. I was upset, but that gave me the to get outside of my ego, to pick up the phone and call and say hey, can we talk? And he was like, hey, Jones was he.
Speaker 4: Was very yeah, you were very yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe crying here make me cry, so I can't look at it out. So during COVID, she was telling me what she was going through. She left the industry, she.
Speaker 1: Didn't want to do radio anymore. She was fine just being a mom. She had two boys.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, nah, be, I'm like, I don't think you understand what you bring.
Speaker 1: So I said, this is what we're gonna do. Let's create a reunion show.
Speaker 2: We use my platform to push it, and I guarantee you a program director will call you. Then I say that, and then what happened in a couple of months.
Speaker 4: I'm crying.
Speaker 3: I know alone.
Speaker 6: I mean, we don't, we don't know.
Speaker 5: You're height of it me and Jess, but like, you know what it's like to be dealing with.
Speaker 3: It and being alone and feeling alone. And I felt so alone all the time that I became him numb to It just felt like it was always going to be me and just me and'sally because in this I think people look at you.
Speaker 6: It's like you had a career. People think you're doing well. You just don't know what.
Speaker 3: People Some people think that you're so resilient that she's not back because she doesn't choose to be back. Looking her, she's out there being football mom, wrestling mom, pta mom. She doesn't want to come back into the industry, and God bless her because the industry is poisoned. Not knowing I would have enjoyed, you know, having a stable check. Yeah, and I was sick and I had multiple more surgeries with the tumor, which is I want to say it's gone. It may never leave me completely, but I had I had been diagnosed with amelia blastoma since I was child and was told I would never sing or have a career that required speaking, which is why God is just so miraculous right and wonderful.
Speaker 2: But can I can I talk about the surveys.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is what made me cry.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, so for Jones to make money, she would do surveys.
Speaker 1: Should go home on the wig.
Speaker 2: And do the survey again, then go home, put on another wig and do the survey again.
Speaker 1: So you had three different yes to get paid to do. Oh sorry.
Speaker 3: Baby, at this point you had to feed your baby. Yeah, he's learning. Cry till we all crying. We're not We're not going down after all of that time, and I'm back.
Speaker 2: So she would do the surveys to pay the bills and rent and to get food, and she would change the wigs.
Speaker 4: And although it's humor in it and you know now or whatever, but like you were doing what you could do to take care of your baby, well you're not, and to pay your bills.
Speaker 6: Right, but do you know that feeling?
Speaker 4: So it's like.
Speaker 3: I just wanted like for me, My kids did not ask to be born to me. Yeah, so why should they have to suffer and go without what their classmates have because of my reckless mouth or poor decisions. And the last go round, I was accused of doing something that I didn't do and didn't even bother to investigate whether or not I did it and a woman that accused me, who they paid millions of dollars to and they fired me. She wound up going to prison and then they found out that I wasn't lying and that she had frauded them. And then but at that point, your name is mud you were You're blacklisted and black balled, and no one wants to hire you. So you have to do what you have to do. And those surveys like real talk. I like still do. So this just want your opinion on do you like this freshion eary? Do you like that one that's easy to money?
Speaker 1: This is crazy? So listen.
Speaker 2: So if we start doing the podcast and within in about three weeks, she gets a call, right somebody, a program director from down South, offers her a job.
Speaker 1: She goes, MVY, what should I do?
Speaker 2: I said you should wait, and she goes, why are they gonna give me a deal?
Speaker 1: This that to the other.
Speaker 2: I said, you're not from down there, this is your town. This is where you're from. I said, somebody from New York was gonna call you. She's like, you think another month later, you got the call from New.
Speaker 3: York, but no, but I'm in the phone store buying a phone I remember because Envy calls and goes, oh, you're keeping secrets, and I'm like, what are you talking about? Because remember I'm doing the podcast, but I'm still in the no one still knows. So so he goes, rumor has it that there's a new nineties station about to open up in New York this afternoon, and that Ed Lover is going to be doing mornings and you're slated to do afternoons. And I was like, what. He goes, you're not listening to the radio, mind you, you still can't. So sure enough I get a call and it's true, but it wasn't. They didn't know well, they know it was Nick Cannon and they were still building. And it took about a good year and a half of me meeting with Skip and Chris to convince them that the Jonesy that they're hearing about, or the Jonesy that they once knew that was doing shock jock stuff, has matured, has children, has reasons to not come and destroy your radio station, sir and say reckless stuff to cause us all lose our jobs, right, And ultimately that really was who I had grown into. Yeah, I had grown up. I had grown up, and so it was I felt like for me because the radio station dropped on my birthday. That's me and God's thing. He knows when he does things on my birthday. Oh, that's for me. So I hung in their. I did get discouraged along the course of the way because it was just taking so long. Every air spot ed lover got the job at night or after whatever, and mornings were still hanging out there. Then I'm hearing rumors, Oh, you know, Fat Joe and Ramy are gonna get it because this is when they were filling them for Wendy. Yeah, and this one's gonna get it, and that one's DJ sus one's gonna get it. Was And then ultimately mister C called me and he said, who is Gary? And I said an agent that I that I fired because he was misrepresenting. And he said, get that man out the way because that's the reason why they're not hiring you, because they don't want to deal with him. And I said, but I already let him go, and he said, well, you need to let them know. So why let them know? And in fifteen minutes I had a contract in my inbox.
Speaker 4: Period. Wow, going back to what you said is not always was in front of you. It's some whole other thing you didn't even know.
Speaker 3: I had no idea. First of all, when is the last time they opened up a new station in New York? I think it was Power one oh five back in two thousand and two. Right, who's the that They're going to start a whole news station in New York and making nineties and I am the nineties girl? Well, I want to be boys sugar Hill period. I'm like, this is too easy, and God, you don't make things easy for me. A lot of women and maybe men too, we're so used to fighting and things not happening that we're always waiting for their other shoe to drop. But I'm so thankful. I guess that I had nothing to lose and everything to gain by humbling myself and letting it happen in their time and in God's time. Because here I am, and now I feel like God is moving me up so quickly. Because I did do a lot of work. When I was home. I got into the scripture and I would write down my pastor Darius Daniels. I would write down everything and so I could apply it whenever I was faced with a challenge because I don't want to go back to being hot heead Tarsha. I want to write, and so I was doing the work and I was applying the work. And even now I listen to the scripture every morning on my drive into the block because I don't want the listeners that God has blessed me with again to be tortured or tormented with some bullshit that I'm going through, right, because it's bigger than me, right, and so there's always work to be done. It never stops. I'm just thankful that I'm able to sit here with you and you and you and Charlamagne. You're here in spirit, But thank you for allowing me and y'all's house because I never imagined I thought it was over. I thought I was going to be Jayalen and Chay's mom, and I was happy being that, right, But as my kids grew older, they had needs. So I'm glad I'm in position yeah to meet the needs.
Speaker 4: I love you, your story, Thank you everything.
Speaker 1: I want to get into some bs to just some fun bs, if y'all don't mind.
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 1: Ask when she met miss Knowles, when.
Speaker 4: Did when did you meet Miss Knowles?
Speaker 3: And v why did you say that she told me off. You know, I want that I get me what happened?
Speaker 1: He was arguing with Miss Knowles.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: Beyond sy. It was a Friday afternoon and I don't know why at ninety seven, yes, and the staff was trying to rush me out. You're still here, Jonesy.
Speaker 1: You always would leave the same thing as now Friday gone.
Speaker 3: Most of the time, I wasn't even coming in. I'm at the book Gotta.
Speaker 1: I was listening Jones is winning at the book Gott's coming to work.
Speaker 3: But on that day I was there, I didn't know Beyonce was coming up, and I don't think she was coming up for us. I think she was coming up for our sister station Kiss, which was two steps away.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So Michael Sean, the comedian on our show at the time, who's now my kind of co host at the block, he happened to be downstairs because his routine was to go down after the show and smoke. Okay, so he said, he sees a whole secret service black s uvs pull up and all of a sudden, doors fling open, doors fling open, and hair hair is just blowing in the wind, and these long, beautiful elongated legs step out of the suv. He's like.
Speaker 4: Jones.
Speaker 3: So he runs back in the building and let me know that Beyonce, who we have been joking on, laughing on, I mean because we don't always played too much, we don't have personal There was really nothing, never beef.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay.
Speaker 3: I was just being stupid, right, And I was being paid to be stupid and to mind the people's business. And if you ever want me to stop minding your business, you have to pay me a separation fee. So she came upstairs and she went to hug me, but I being just being stupid. I was like, I don't hug I have newborns at home or whatever, just some stupid just to be I didn't know she was gonna be love on top.
Speaker 6: I would say, what era, Beyonce?
Speaker 4: Is this? What's the song? Was?
Speaker 3: A song was popping from the kuchie of tin and know from the kucci didn't matter?
Speaker 4: Does this saying my name? What was this?
Speaker 3: Ring me along?
Speaker 6: She's you know I got kids at home.
Speaker 1: Don't touch me, don't touch me, don't hug me.
Speaker 3: Don't know why didn't say like that? I was just was like, you know, she went in for the hug and I did the stiff arm and she was like, I'm Beyonce and I was like, nice to meet you, and she nice to meet you too, and she walked on to the studio to do her voice work. Yeah, come that, damn Tina Knowles. Yeah. I like how you keep my daughter's name in your mouth all the time.
Speaker 1: This is public, It's from everybody, now, everybody. I'm there, it's in the hallway, okay.
Speaker 3: And now I'm gonna continue to keep it. And now I'm gonna add yours to the list. You need to worry about that joker lipstick making you look like the damn joker. What you said that I did.
Speaker 5: Yes, you still feel like that. I said that I believe, but you just said that was so much conviction. I just wanted to know if, like where we at right now with miss Tina, and she was reenacting with you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's came out, But no, I had so I didn't have a problem with Beyonce back then, despite all the parody songs, all the things.
Speaker 6: Y'all made parody songs.
Speaker 3: Would you like to hear one? It was a radio show was fun because they have grown up and I get it.
Speaker 5: But it's like man's sit And I've been so excited all morning just for you to come in here and do this because.
Speaker 3: We don't get this version of it.
Speaker 4: See why because they oh you see we be doing here with Jonesy.
Speaker 1: Was doing then doing that.
Speaker 3: They're traumatized him and Charlotmage Charlamine got it from Wendy. He got a whole other trauma and Hevy. I'm sure you're Trump, Mitch. We're trauma bonded the things we've done this scene. But yeah, so back then we could make songs. Well, that's also a special skill set. I can make up songs on the fly. That's the R and B singer in me. And I can flip your lyrics and make them be lyrics about you in a funny way.
Speaker 1: Now, sometimes your food order to be wrong. Yes, as if food orders.
Speaker 4: Wrong, your food order is wrong, what happens Jonesy, the new jones the old Jonesy. Yeah, I'm talking about old What I'm talking about Joneses?
Speaker 3: I might be like what, I might throw it.
Speaker 1: At you for real if it's wrong. This was every day, this was Morning Show boot camp. You had to get it right. There was no mistakes.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 4: You don't have.
Speaker 1: People make mistakes, nah order every day.
Speaker 4: That's why Envy and Charloama made every chance they get. They say, man, y'all got it too easy because back in it and y'all would have never made it y'all too soft.
Speaker 1: It would be hell yeah, not just for five minutes, for the whole show.
Speaker 3: It's still that way.
Speaker 2: If a curse played, you'd have to deal with Jones, you would have to deal with program director.
Speaker 1: Music, and we get it nice.
Speaker 3: But look, y'all need absolutely what that like because there was a lot on the line back then. We didn't know what we were doing was going to be youtuba bull and people were gonna go back and be like, oh, shoot, y'all played with us, you'll like that. Shoot y'all, y'all did this. Y'all banged Hammer.
Speaker 4: We know, we were like.
Speaker 3: Kids being let loose in the funhouse.
Speaker 1: Remember came and you wasn't there, that I wasn't there, and he came from ye I want you.
Speaker 4: So I happen with mc hammer first of all because he has a game from Oakland, absolutely right.
Speaker 1: I heard you know you see the dance can't touch this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we were This is when interviews were live really low, so when he landed, he was on his way to the station. Jones was in the casino, so she didn't come that day winning. So me and show was making fun of him, like Hammer's coming, what you're gonna say, can't touch this? Like Hammer, what happened? I got to pray, like we were making.
Speaker 3: Fun of Hammer's in the cab listening to him Selfie Cloud because he's thinking he's coming out love a great interview and it's New York. Who wants to be clowned in New York?
Speaker 1: He's never expecting, right.
Speaker 2: So he gets to the station, him and the older gentleman come inside, closes the door, stands at the door, says, I'm here to test the coward's heart. I don't even know what that means, right, I was like, what that means? I'm here to fuck y'all up? Talk that shit in front of me. At that point, he's not letting us out. Yeah, he's not letting us out.
Speaker 6: So what you started doing dancing?
Speaker 4: I was I was nervous.
Speaker 3: You joked again. You was like, can't touch this and started dipping his dodging away from here. He playing around yep, and then Mike Sean starts going in with his type of comedy and then somebody called Ebro. Ebro came from the Bay Area and he had a relationship with Hammer. But it got so real, like I think Hammer started sweating and was in their face like when you're talking and spitting out. Oh yeah. And then had it not been for Ebro saying chill, chill, chill, chill, Hammer, they not this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had the squad, Hebro said. Ebro caught me and said, look, I don't know if you know, but him is real. And that little that that guy, the old guy, you probably got a gun in his bag right there. So he was like, at the time, I carry my little too. He said, So those little tw bulletinern do nothing.
Speaker 1: Leave him alone. And that was that was my probably my scariest interview after that was about to fuck us.
Speaker 4: So he was the original bird man, my nig Yes, he was, yeah, yeah, so your ass at the casino tumbling down on a hard four or something, but the fours or something.
Speaker 1: Don't think about it. You don't think about it. She plays no, no, no, but but but she she's the one to be like, you know what, I ain't coming into that I'm broadcast from the crib you know you had the landscape is in the background. Excuse me not to.
Speaker 4: State that I'll be there m anytime I could broadcast from somewhere else, I'll be doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn Yo.
Speaker 4: So you have new music? I you do? Okay, let's get to that. What made you get back in? But what what is this new music about? Like?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: Is it a you know, all that time that you've been gone or your hiatus?
Speaker 3: What kind it's more? I haven't gotten into that yet. I have a newer, newer song that's that's for weddings. But and it's a remake. But I don't want to take the light against this. What this was is that when I did start being able to listen to radio again, there was nothing on radio being played that I really loved. So I said, let me create something. That's how I did grown Folk Fridays. There was no parties that were just for the adults. So I created grown Folk Fridays where we played throwback music and invited the throwback artists to come and perform. Now it would be called pastor mic. I did it first. But okay, so the songs are just good feeling music, dance music, and everybody loves their birthday and we all think our birthday signs are the best. So this song is like called best Birthday, Best Birthday, and let's play.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh we want to hear it.
Speaker 1: We could get that on that.
Speaker 4: We got to hear it in.
Speaker 1: Do you have any more questions for the legendary Misgi?
Speaker 6: Well, I would you want to your relationship with Nas day? What's that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What do you mean like? Like what it like?
Speaker 5: Because I know, like you were the first person to put him on air around the ether time, like today, are y'all still friends?
Speaker 6: Are y'all speaking.
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I mean like like, are y'all speaking? Are you okay?
Speaker 5: I wasn't even laying in today? No, I mean I did have a dating question because I know you talked about bust of rines.
Speaker 3: But we can go either, like my son's getting mad, just want to be going to be friends because he's from the Bridge and I'm from the story yet and we have that connection with like a cult. Yeah right, that's hometown here a hometown friend. I actually would love to catch up with Nas because Nas is another one that has a lot of stories and when you reconnect sometimes it brings you back so you can appreciate what you've gone through to be where you are right now. And he's so bought up right now. So proud of him. But yeah, that's the hometown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do want to ask last question. You were in Biggie's video One More Chance? How was that video?
Speaker 3: That was very very special because everyone didn't get invited to be in it, and I was one of the girls whose records may not have been the biggest, but they invited me because Surety was ill, and everybody was showing up and everyone was being regular, like nobody was being nasty. Luke showed up first. You know, my ego, bigg ass I was probably there first. D nice before he was he was still DJing, but he wasn't, but he was there. Everyone came with love and excitement because we didn't even hear the song. Did He wouldn't let anybody hear And the only song that was out was the remix, So all night before I'm practicing in the mirror to the remix, not knowing that that wasn't gonna be the one, but everybody was and there were people outside still trying to get in, So I'm actually glad I got there early. But Patra shah Nay like, I'm fans of these girls and I'm and now I'm like in a video with them. And to this day when those see things like that would happen while I was raising my kids when they were little, a video would come on and somebody would be like that looks like you. Things like that, And I think the defining moment when the cat came out the bag that Tasha Jayalen and Jay's mom was Miss Showones I was running around, was football mom. And before a football game, you have to make sure that the announcer booth, everybody has the names of the players, the coaches, all the things, and then you have to press a button for the Whitney Houston national anthem. Bitch, I'm pressing buttons and nothing's playing, and they're all looking at the black lady in the booth that they probably think should have had no business up there to begin with. I grabbed the microphone and bust down the national anthem to the point they're clapping before I even get to the and the Land of the Free and my sons they're looking there like Jalen, that's your mom. And I'm like, hey, and the mom and at that moment they're like you're somebody you do you know? White folks start Google oh yeah up at that point and I couldn't hide. And then I was like, maybe I'm not supposed to. Maybe I need to figure out, you know, some things, and I wanted to sing. I just didn't want to be back in the industry. So I started singing a little band and that fulfilled me. And then that and my little surveys. The money from singing in the band. In the service we were we were boiling.
Speaker 4: White people with be like, oh she has so much soul and they had no idea, and that one person was like, this is why that's who she is.
Speaker 3: This is the video and yeah, you got.
Speaker 1: A park story too. And birthday was just.
Speaker 3: Too much and to much that I just want to.
Speaker 1: Say one last thing. I appreciate you, miss Jones. I love you, I love you Envy.
Speaker 3: But you asked money about the threesome.
Speaker 1: You had a three pix eleven. Tell them all the stuff that you do. You entertainment reporting pis eleven Thursdays.
Speaker 3: My son is do you see how he jumped in.
Speaker 6: It was like, you don't forget to for a minute.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, all right, so and be finished.
Speaker 2: I love you give I was gonna do it so pick I was gonna say, we appreciate you, we love you. I appreciate you so much. You could check her on pix eleven on Thursdays.
Speaker 3: And now I have a TV talk show special on Picks eleven, hopefully June twenty second. If not, because I'm you know me, I'm never like satisfied. So I'm still tweaking. If I don't make my June twenty second debut, it'll be July six with reporting.
Speaker 1: Go out and watch that.
Speaker 2: Of course, she's on ninety four seven the Block each and every Monday morning. And you, young man and your brother, if I tell you how many times your moms call me and I talked off the ledge for whooping.
Speaker 4: Your asses, Oh my no, you don't understand.
Speaker 6: I'm about right now.
Speaker 3: The Lawsville School appreciate and brother to Burg and Cathin, you're the reason Chase In Bergen Cathin.
Speaker 1: That's right, he's doing very well. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it so much. History here man and.
Speaker 3: Carrying the torch on ladies.
Speaker 4: No problem. That's really really good for us.
Speaker 3: We here because you realterally because well, thank you, because you're doing it well and you're looking great doing it, and you stay focused, black out the white noise, okay, and just keep going.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: We listen, miss Jones Jones Are. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, period, wake that ass up in the morning. Breakfast Club.