Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's our one on a Thursday. Let's play ball? Do I have everybody's attention, Todd, Let's play ball? Alrighty yeah?
Speaker 2: Baseball reopening day got some weather issues for a couple of teams. Their games have already been postponed. We'll talk to the great reporter Jeff Passon, who will join us coming up. I have a few questions. At what point does Mike Trout say to the Angels I think I need a change of scenery? Or at what point do the Angels say to Mike Trout do you need a change of scenery? And also the Oakland A's how awkward is this going to be? They're still trying to find a temporary home before they find their new home while still being in their old home. So we'll talk some baseball with Jeff Passon coming up here in a little bit. Christian Letner former Duke Starr, Olympic Champion, Dream Cheamer, NBA player, but not in the Basketball Home Fame. I don't think, PAULI did you check that this morning?
Speaker 3: I can find that he's not in the Basketball Hall of Fame as an individual, you know, like, you know, like any other person would be the Dream Teams in the Hall of Fame as a group that has nothing to do really with Christian Later, he's still eligible on his own.
Speaker 2: How is he not in the basketball Hall of Fame. He's one of the five most decorated greatest college players of all time. Like, you can't argue with the resume, And it's the basketball Hall of Fame. If it's like, if you had just a football Hall of Fame, not a pro football Hall of Fame, Tim Tebow would be a Herschel Walker would be on. Christian Latner should be in the basketball Hall of Fame, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: Tim Tebow and just a football Hall of Fame. Yeah, if we're just going to college football Hall of Fame, yes.
Speaker 2: No, it's if they had football the way they do basketball, then it's what you do in college and or the pros. What did he do in the pros? Well, that doesn't matter. It's what he did in college. Mike Krzyszewski never coached in the NBA, Bob Knight never did. It's what they did in college that would put you into the basketball Hall of Fame or the football Hall of Fame. I mean Tim Tebow didn't do anything in the NFL, so he's not getting in because of that. But if I take him with his college resume, I mean, Johnny Manziel might get in, Heisman Trophy winner, he might get into the Hall of Fame. But Christian Laytner should be in the Basketball Hall of Fame. I mean, you have international players, you have coaches in there, executives in there. Christian Laytner should be in the Basketball Hall of Fame. Yeah, Paul, and.
Speaker 3: I double checked. He's eligible. He's been out of the game for five or more years. You know, they have coaches, players, referees. There's nothing about you know, your pro or college career. It's very undefined.
Speaker 2: It was on this date in nineteen ninety two Christian Laytner hit a fifteen foot turnaround jumper at the buzzer, giving Duke a one point overtime went over Kentucky and one of the more controversial games of his career, well the most contra versial game. Ten for ten from the floor, ten for ten from the line, scoring thirty one points. So late and it will join us coming up next hour eight seven to seven three DP show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at dpshow SA Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock our radio partners those chatting on chat row. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by a Penania America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. You can follow along with the Celebrity Bracket Challenge powered by NetSuite. It's available at Fox Sports Radio dot com. Because we have basketball coming up tonight, Clemson Arizona, San Diego State, Yukon Alabama against North Carolina Illinois against Iowa State. Operators standing by Tyler will take your phone calls at eight seven to seven three DP Show. When we talk about the best time of the year, a lot of times we'll look at maybe September, October or March or April, and here we are Major League Baseball opening up and March Madness still going going on. We get to the sweet sixteen, now we get some real competitive basketball. The NFL Draft a little under a month away, and now you're having pro days. You had Moleik neighbors with Jaden Daniels at LSU yesterday. Drake May and Michael Pennix Junior expected to have their pro days soon. Those types of workouts can propel somebody a little bit higher in the draft, for instance, Zach Wilson. So we get to sit back and enjoy all of this, and you don't get this much diversity as far as sports goes in a single week. All right, what's poll question we're going to go with today, Seaton? We got a few of them. We could go with better time of year September, October, March, April. Okay, just based off of what you were just saying, that could be fun. Okay, Paul sent one over sort of random. Would you want to would you rather have a solid ten yure career as a baseball player, basketball player, or football player MLB, NBA, NFL?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, my rationale for that, even though football is by far my favorite sport to watch and enjoy, I think as a lifestyle, I think I would choose a ten year career as a good baseball player. When you leave the sport, you're probably not racked with injuries. You get to play more than practice. It's all playing, and you know the travel is a little tough, but the lifestyles it seems fun being a baseball player.
Speaker 2: You're not kind of it seems so mundane. And boring, but.
Speaker 3: You get to play baseball every day as opposed to meetings and practice and lifting weights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just it's the same thing. It's one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: See, I would kind of use the same mostly the same rationale or logic. But for an NBA player, I feel like lifestyle wise, NBA is great. Yeah, nearly as long as season, you go into different cities, you're sort of in and out, you're making a great living.
Speaker 2: You have a hell of a union. Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would say NBA it's eighty two games, I can have load management. What other sport do you get load management? We're okay with it. Maybe I play sixty five games maybe, and uh get a good, good living, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 4: And what if your team is sorry, if you're a NBA player, the season is over mid April, you don't go back until September, so you get the whole summer off and then some you're still making twenty five thirty million dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the Piston season and the Spurs season and the Wizard season has been over long before that. I mean officially, yes, unofficially, it's been over unofficially. By the way, this first down I brought to you by tire rack dot Com, the official tire expert of The Dan Patrick Show. Used them a couple of times, great people, tirerac dot Com, slash Dan the Tire Decision Guide, full lineup of BEF Goodrich Tires special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation, tirerec dot Com. The Way tire buying should be So Christian Laitner enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame as a member of the Dream Team. He's the only player from the Dream Team who hasn't been inducted into the Hall of Fame individually, so officially he's not in. Technically he's in. Officially he's not in. Yes, Paul, it'd.
Speaker 3: Be like Dave Grohl getting in for Nirvana, but not on his own, like if he went solo.
Speaker 2: So Christian Latner is the Dave Grohl. Yeah. Ever, using that comparison, I thought you might have gone Travis Barker on me. But okay, fine with that. No problems with them. By the way, I was watching some basketball last night and I was watching Golden State because these are really important games. Phoenix and Golden State. Houston's playing really well. Denver lost to the Suns last night, and I'm watching Golden State, so they're just starting against Orlando, and all of a sudden, this happens the other side.
Speaker 6: Grammont is chasing the officials the middle of the floor and at point somebody's gonna come in.
Speaker 2: Totally threw him out. He didn't. I'm glad we didn't go to plant.
Speaker 7: Breta Consta not here for it.
Speaker 5: Hit the roll jack.
Speaker 2: So that's a courtesy of the game. In Orlando, Draymond got thrown out. What was the score, six to four something like that, And you see Steph Curry really emotional with this, like he's despondent, he's upset. He pulls his jersey over his face, looks like he's wiping away tears. And then Steph Curry was asked about Draymond getting ejected.
Speaker 5: What did you think of the Draymond injection?
Speaker 2: Oh, I said, we need how He knows that and we all know that.
Speaker 8: So whatever it takes to keep him on the floor, he's gonna be available.
Speaker 5: That's what's gotta happen, especially this point here. So it's a way to start the game.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's Steph's responsibility to keep Draymond on the floor. They created this monster, and now they have to live with this monster. This is on Steve Kerr. They've enabled Draymond. You know, Draymon can act like a fool sometimes on the floor. I mean, he's a wonderful basketball player when he wants to be, or at least he used to be, and he's really a high basketball IQ. I just don't know why he can't all of a sudden getting these moments and go Draymond. No, don't, but he can't. But really, during the regular season, how often do we talk about Draymond Green? Only when he does something like this? Maybe in the postseason when he plays well. We've talked about him in the Boston Series. I thought he was out of control, and then he finally started to play like Draymond Green. He's going to be a future Hall of Famer at some point. It's on Draymond Green. The Warriors created this. Now all of a sudden, you can't go Draymond when he's playing well. You put up with this. I mean, go back to when he punched Jordan Poole. How many players, coaches, assistant coaches, trainers, anybody ran to Draymond Green and grabbed him as if to say, what did you just do? No one did, no one. I mean, look at Steph Curry there, he's just like all right, as if Jordan had it coming, and no big deal here. That affected the Golden State Warriors last year. But you can't sit here and go, oh my god, I'm not surprised when Draymond does this stuff. But it's unfortunate because these now they did win the game because it's Steph Curry, but they're not good enough. They just can't turn it on and off the way they used to. I mean, it's a dynasty that is holding on by its fingertips.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Are they dangerous? Yeah, sometimes they're dangerous to themselves. But you're watching that, you just go, Does anybody say to Draymond you gotta stop this? Can they keep him next year? I don't know how easy it to be to move on from it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: There's teams that will probably want him, Like you could put him in Miami, you could put him with the Phoenix Suns like he's gonna give you something. It's just you gotta be ready and you have to have somebody who is going to monitor him. It just feels like Draymond is being Hey, that's just Draymond being Draymond. Yes, when he plays well, there's a sliding scale. Hey man, you're a lot of trouble, You're worth it, and then all of a sudden, you're a lot of trouble. You're not worth it? And do you want to sign up? I mean, what's Golden State? Do you know? And Steph is an older basketball player. He looks young. He's not Klay Thompson's not the same. Now, they do have some reserves. You know, they survive the James Wiseman bad pick. But now you look at the future there Steve Kerr signed up to a for a few more years, but they're not as threatening. Can they win back to back games in the playoffs? If they're in the playing game, I guess because of Steph And that's it. But watching last night, and I'm going you've got to be kidding me, it's six to four, Like you get tangled up and you got your arm around somebody's neck and I go ninety six to ninety four, not six to four. But that's what we saw last night. Also, there was a moment with the seventy six ers. Kelly Oubrey, the Sixers forward, he got tossed last night and it was he was pointing at officials saying basically, bleep you, bleep you, bleep you, and then he was asked about it afterwards.
Speaker 5: I'll try to put you on a bad spot.
Speaker 4: How do you try to break down and digest the last few minutes back games?
Speaker 2: Well, first and foremost, heated a moment.
Speaker 8: It's an intense basketball game, of course, and you know we're not perfect, the refs aren't perfect.
Speaker 5: I want to apologize for.
Speaker 8: Just losing my cool because that's something I try to work on each and every day and try to represent God in the best way I possibly can.
Speaker 5: And that wasn't it.
Speaker 2: So you know, I just ask for forgiveness.
Speaker 8: But I saw coach Nurse getting riled up, and if our coach is all fight for us, and you know he's going there, then I'm right behind him. So but at the end of the day, it wasn't cool. So you know, I'll take whatever penalties come with that, and you know, I do have to move on, but I got to be better in the sense.
Speaker 2: Now he's six years younger than Draymond Green, but he certainly sounds like, hey, I made a mistake in the moment, I apologize. Dramon's never done that and never will do that. Clippers beat the Sixers one o waight to one oh seven, But it was one of those moments where you're going, somebody better grab a hold of Kelly Oubrey because this is going to be a larger fine than he expects. But maybe it. You know, he's doing some damage control there by apologizing, and nobody's perfect and the officials and all of those things. But yeah, a couple of moments last night the UH Denver game, Denver at home, losing to the Phoenix Suns. The Knicks blow out the Raptors, and the Rockets have won ten in a row. They beat the Thunder last night in overtime. So some interesting moments. But keep an eye on the Phoenix Suns because they have one of the toughest schedules as far as winning percentage wise in a long long time. In fact, if you go back to Memphis in twenty fifteen, nobody has had a more difficult final ten games of the season, at least percentage wise, winning percentage wise. Of the teams that are going to face than Memphis did in twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen. Stat of the day, stat of the day, not bust stat of the day. Stat of the day. Here comes that what stat of the name? All right, Jeff Passing will join us. We'll get you ready for opening day. Also the situation with Shoheiu Tani what is next? And also the Oakland A's future, Mike Trout's future teams to watch his picks for the World Series. So Passing will join us coming up here in a little bit. Also your phone calls settle on poll question and we'll talk about Jaden Daniels pro day and why it was different than Caleb Williams. We'll have that for you coming up back after this Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Hey gang, this is Jay Glazer, host of Unbreakable, a Mental.
Speaker 10: Wealth podcast, and every week we will have on leaders from sports entertainment like Sean McVay, Lindsey Vaughn, Michael phelf David Spade, got.
Speaker 7: Fiemi, and also those who can help us in between the ears. Anyone from a therapist to someone like Ed Milett for John Gordon, We've all been through some sort of adversity to get to the top. We've all used different tools. Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glazer and Mental Wealth podcast on the iHeartRadio app, app podcasts or wherever you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about Jaden Daniels pro day at LSU yesterday, and also Ice Cube talks about the five million dollar offer to Caitlin Clark to play in the Big Three. Jeff passing to the Mothership. You can see him today, all day, all night, and opening night of Baseball here, and then you have the Rangers hosting the Cubs at seven point thirty Eastern the exclusive national presentation. Great to have you back on, Jeff. Let me start with the Dodgers with Shoho Tani and any updates or anything that you expect here in the next couple of days.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be a while, Danne. And it's gonna be a while, I think, because we have to understand what the investigations going on into this situation are. Number One, there is a federal investigation into the book making operation that allegedly was taking place in southern California, and you know, Shoho Tani is like a tiny little speck of a much more sprawling look into what was going on. And because he's show Hao Tani and because of the silaciousness of the allegations, it feels like he's a much bigger part of that. But in reality that this case is so big it could take a while yet for there to be resolution there, and Major League Baseball at the same time, generally speaking, its investigation tends to align at least when being wrapped up with the larger criminal investigations that are going on. And if the criminal investigation is not going to be wrapped up for a long time, chances are Major League Baseballs is not going to either unless there is clear and obvious establishment of sho Hao Tani's version of the story that we've heard so far, which is that I Beemisuhara, his interpreter, stole four and a half plus million dollars from him to payoff gambling debts. Now, one thing we still do not know is who Otani's camp reached out to in terms of law enforcement official to say, hey, this guy stole four and a half million dollars. Start looking into it. And start looking into charges. And not only do we not know it, but when our reporters, Fish Confin and Paul of Dene are asking Otani's camp, there's in We're not going to tell you anything, and so it's it's a missing piece, and that would go a really long way, I think, to validating Otani's story. Right now, we have his version of the story, and logically a fair bit of it makes sense, but there are also questions that are unanswered. And when you have unanswered questions and the story changing like it did at the beginning, you know there's going to be skepticism and cynicism about the version that he's telling.
Speaker 2: When's the last time you remember a team that it was World Series or bust, like the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Last year with the Dodgers, like every year with the Dodgers, I mean, when you.
Speaker 2: You know, let's but it's more so this year.
Speaker 5: Every year with them, I really do, because they put these mega teams together like that that's what they are. And I'm sorry, and they don't put teams together go win the NL West. They don't put teams together go win the National League. Pennant if they don't win the World Series, it's a disappointing season because they've got Mookie Betts, who is still in his prime isn't always going to be. They've got Freddy Freeman, who's still in his prime isn't always going to be. And yeah, they added Joho Kanye and Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Tyler glass Now and tay Oscar Hernandez and turned a team that had World Series aspirations into a team with maybe like a little more World Series aspiration. So I understand what you're saying, But I look at the Atlanta Braves too, Like, let's consider the window that they're in right now, when they have this incredible core of players, and they've got Chris Sale coming over, you know, a guy who's no Spring Chicken, and Charlie Morton who in all likelihood is going to be retiring after this season. Things are going to change for them too. So are they World Series or bust? I mean, I would suggest that yes, they're in the same boat that the Dodgers are.
Speaker 2: A couple other things before I get to baseball today, the Oakland a situation. How awkward is this that they're trying to find what a temporary home before they get to their new permanent home, but they still have their old home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, imagine the most awkward situation that you've ever been in, and then multiply it by ten, and it's still not as awkward as the A's being in Oakland. The A's essentially have said to the city of Oakland, we don't want to be here. And you know that is against the backdrop of all of these players playing in this awful stadium and fans feeling like this isn't even our team anymore. And so you're going to have an empty stadium, You're going to have a city in Las Vegas that maybe doesn't want them, because why would you want a team owned by someone in John Fisher who is so willing to gut the franchise to the point that it's major league. And now, granted the A's on the field this year, dan are not going to be nearly as bad as they were last year. They may, you know, they may not be the worst team in the American League, but they're still going to stink. And it's like you have twenty nine Major League Baseball franchises in one team that's called Major League Baseball franchise but is run like the worst minor league gap that you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: But is there a record for the fewest number of fans to go watch a team their home games? I don't. I don't know if somebody PAULI do have. Did the A's set the old time record last year?
Speaker 3: We're checking. They had eight hundred and thirty two thousand on the season. They averaged ten thousand a game. In comparison, the Dodgers had three point eight million people show up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's definitely not the lowest that it's been, but we may see it this year.
Speaker 2: It's true. Mike Trout, I think is turning thirty three. At what point does Mike trold say, maybe I need to have a change of scenery? Or when do the Angels say are you thinking about a change of scenery?
Speaker 5: The really good question like there there are a few things every spring that I try to go to because they're interesting or because they're going to be particularly newsworthy, And Mike Trout's first media availability this year was high on that list, because you know, I wanted to ask him that same question, like how much longer can you oblige? How much longer are you going to stay with the team? That you've been to the playoffs with one time in your illustrious career, and that one time you got swept out by the Kansas City Royals. Like that, that's the wildest part of Mike Trout's career. He's one of the you know, one of the five to ten best players that we've ever seen, and he still doesn't want a playoff game. And you know, if Klock has taken now, he's not. He's not going to be getting a whole lot better in his mid to late thirties, and I think he desperately wants to be somewhere where he can win. But there's that tug of loyalty too. Dan like he's been an angel his entire career and if he's going to win, he wants it to be with that organization. But the question is can that organization win with Ardi Moreno owning the team and making the decisions that get in the way of its ability to do so. They've got some really interesting young players. I think Logan Ohapi, their catcher, is going to be really good, Zach Metto, their shortstop, Nolan Shanuel at first base. Like They've got some guys, but do they have enough in that division not even close, because the American League West is nasty. This year, the Texas Rangers won the World Series last year, the Houston Ashers have been to seven consecutive American League Championship Series. And I think the Seattle Mariners have the best rotation in baseball. So you've got You've got all these teams around, and then the Angels, who have gutted their farm system, have not spent intelligently at the major league level and couldn't win when they had arguably the two best players in the entire game there at the same time for a six year period. So what suggests that they're going to be doing it now?
Speaker 2: Talking to Jeff Passon of the Mothership, ESPN has the national presentation of Opening Night, it'll be the Rangers and the Cubs at seven point thirty Eastern, all right, If not the Dodgers or Braves in the National League, then who.
Speaker 5: There's a really good argument to be made that the Phillies are a better team, or at least a better playoff team, when you've got Zach Wheeler and Aaron Nola at the top of a rotation and a team that has not just the hitting depth that they do. They're bullpen's really really good and I do not sleep on this bullpen good group, and so I think Philadelphia is probably the obvious answer. What about Arizona, though, Like, let's not forget they made it to the World Series last year and then they go out and add Jordan Montgomery, they add Eduardo Rodriguez, they bring back Lordis Gouriel, they bring in Jock Peterson and Randall Gritchick.
Speaker 2: Like were the story or great team?
Speaker 5: They were a great team in October, Dan and in October. Caveat is important, and I think it speaks to the sport of baseball right now, give a damn what you did between April and September. If you played better in October than someone else, the way that baseball is, you can be walked in glory forever. All it takes is one really good hot month. And that's what the Diamondbacks had. So even if they were a mediocre to slightly above average team during the regular season. I remember doing a story in the World Series about just toward the end, like five games in how clean it had been, Like the amount of incredible defensive plays that tax of strangers in Arizona Diamondbacks made in the World Series made it an extremely enjoyable series to watch, even if it was only five games, like there was good ball being played, and in the Diamondbacks adding those two starting pitchers that I mentioned, on top of Zach Gallen and Merril Kelly, and you know, tapping that rotation with Brandon Fott, who in the World Series was really good. Like it's a formidable roster. And I'm excited to see year two of the Corbyn Carrol Show. I think he's got a chance to be a top five MVPI this year after winning Rookie of the Year and being in the mix last year. And I think he's going to be even better this season than he was.
Speaker 2: The American League Rangers defending champs. Mastros always get there. Yankees brought in some talent. So if it's not, oh you're you're not quite all in on the Yankees there.
Speaker 5: I'm not there on the Yankees right now. The Garrett Cole injury is an absolute killer. And yes, they added Marcus Stroman to their rotation, and sure like Luis Heel looked great in spring training. But I worry that they're too old. I worry that they are injury prone, and they lost the best picture in Major League Baseball for at least two months to an elbow injury that you know, if we're just assuming it's going to heal, I've known elbows for too long to know that they do not heal on a schedule. Like I've just seen it too many times where you assume a guy is going to be back at a particular point. This is not a soft tissue injury. You know, this is nerve and this is ulner collateral ligament, and these are things that when you try and put them on a schedule, laugh at you. So if they listen, if they get Garrett Cole back and get them back healthy and back at the level that he's been at, and if Carlos Verdon can pitch to his contracts, then yeah, they're going to be in the mix. I still do not think they're as good as the Orioles.
Speaker 2: Then we were talking about this the other day with how tough it's going to be for Hall of Fame voters looking at starting pitchers moving forward, because Vernlander is a Hall of Famer, Herschell is. I mean, there's only a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: Those are the three.
Speaker 2: But after that is there a starting pitcher currently in baseball who you could see is on the projection to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think Cole is probably in the mix. I think Zach Wheeler is putting himself into the mix. I think if Jacob de Gram hadn't been hurt, he's got you know, the twu cy youngs. But his career feels more lensitomy right now than it does Hall of Fame. And you know, he's going.
Speaker 2: To be adjusting our numbers of like you, oh, two hundred wins. That's not going to happen with these younger guys.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, you have to adjust your numbers. And in the same way, I think that voters now dan take into account something like on base percentage more than they did in the past. I think I think we're smarter as a collective when it comes to Hall of Fame voting in terms of figuring out what's right but also contextualizing it throughout generations. And if you hold starting pitchers who pitched in the twenty ten, twenty twenties for the same sort of standards that guy used to have, you're literally not going to have a single pitcher who goes in the Hall of Fame from this generation, Like, you're just not because if it's a different job and it's a different game, and it's you know, I think it stinks. I don't like that this is where starting pitching is gone. It's my biggest pet peeve about baseball these days that you took this group of players who collectively take up half of the sport and you essentially said we are not going to allow you to be a star because you're not going to go more than five or six innings, And that I think has been detrimental to the game and it's problematic going forward, and something that whether it's through active rule changes or something a little bit more passive at the youth level where they start emphasizing going deeper into games rather than throwing really hard. You know, it's just a priority that the sport hasn't put at the forefront, and it's been detrimental to the game accordingly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost like, if I'm a pitcher, a young pitcher, I want to be a closer than I do a starter because I probably have a better chance there of being a star, maybe making a lot of money and having I don't know, if you want to pitch five innings, that's great, but you might have a shit.
Speaker 5: I still think. I still think my kid's a pitcher and he wants to be the ace. You know, there's still something among players about starting. It's just that they don't look at what their duty is the same way that they have in the past. If you get through five or six innings, you've done your job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But would you rather start a game or close a game? I'd rather close a game in today's baseball, I'd rather close a game.
Speaker 5: That's really interesting because you get paid fifty million bucks for one inning of work. Yes, Like because you get to sit in the clubhouse until the sixth inning. Yes, Meander, Yeah, it's a better job. You're right about that. Like, it's a much better job. But would you you know you're a star, Dan, Well, you are, and I feel like you want to be on the mound at the beginning of the game rather than Yeah.
Speaker 2: But if I'm only going five and a half, then no, okay, okay, that's fair. I want to be the guy who shut you down and then all of a sudden everybody comes out congratulates me, and then you know, I'm i walk off, He roes, well.
Speaker 5: What kind of what kind of closer would you be? Would you be the closer who who over time just got fatter and fatter and just embraced that. Now I'm not saying you have gotten you look fantastic, but I'm saying I feel like you would embrace the lifestyle of the closer where you would be the guy who you know, was drinking beers after the game and having snacks and sitting in the bullpen and flicking seeds like if you're.
Speaker 4: Going to beat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, if you're going to be a closer, like go fullth send on your closer.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to tell you what I'm throwing and I'm going to see if you can.
Speaker 5: Hit it and they can't because they can pat it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Thank you, Jeff. Hey, have a great day. Always great to catch up with you.
Speaker 5: Take it easy, Boddy, Happy Opening Day.
Speaker 2: Everything that's Jeff passion of the Mothership. ESPN Opening Night, you have the World Series champion Rangers hosting the Cubs seven thirty Eastern. Play of the Day is next.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio Dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search f s R to listen live.
Speaker 3: Oh my God, the.
Speaker 2: Day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 5: Check this out.
Speaker 2: There's two of Green. Now drives on, turns them back, pulls back. Shoot to.
Speaker 1: David Green, gotta be ready to make a play if he gets trapped here.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of Space City Hall Network. Jalen Green is a problem. He had thirty seven seventh consecutive game with at least twenty six points and the Rockets have won ten in a row. Play of the Day brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show, Hottest Rookies' Biggest Superstars, the All Time Grades, the official trading cards of this program, Instant Classics, autograph cards, memorabilia cards, rare inserts, and more. Start a continued collection now at Paniniamerica dot net. All right, we'll update our poll results. Couple of phone calls in here as well. Let's see how about Zack and Knoxville. To lead us off, Good morning, Zach, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Hey, DP, I just wanted to take a look at the bright side of this Draymond Green issue. At and T might be forced to pull those commercials that are so cringey after this. I'm not sure how that's going to go down.
Speaker 5: Hopefully they do.
Speaker 11: Up other questions just real quick with the Washington commanders, do you think they should trade that pick or no?
Speaker 2: If you love your quarterback, take your quarterback. The Patriots same thing. If you love your quarterback, take your quarterback. If you don't, then trade down. Don't take a quarterback because you need a quarterback, Take a quarterback that fits your needs. Used to be that GMS would do that. Got to have a quarterback. Is that the right quarterback? No, but it's the guy best quarterback available. That's not the way you draft. Tim and Jersey. Hi, Tim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: PDP boys, I'm gonna call in regarding a pile of the face bet regarding the Enel Central. I'm gonna take my Pistsburgh parts to win, and I'm going to offer the field to anybody who wants it.
Speaker 2: All right, Marvin will take that.
Speaker 4: I'm taking it.
Speaker 2: Let's go right, all right? All right? So you know, how about we do this reds versus pirates. To be fair to Tim, would you be willing to take that Marvin. I mean okay, wait, wait, so whoever has the better record? Yes? Okay, yes, yeah.
Speaker 6: Can I like double down on all of them and take the Cardinals?
Speaker 2: Yes you can, Paulie.
Speaker 3: The Cardinals had seventy one wins last year. The Pirates had seventy six. The Reds had eighty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, Seaton's taken the Cardinals. Marvin has the Reds, Tim has the Pirates. All right, Lance in Bloomington, Good morning Lance, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: ADP six, Hey, wanted to get your take on taking the Show on the road this summer to the MLB All Star Game. You guys did a great job at the Super Bowl, and I thought it'd be a good, good show to be at the All Star Game that week.
Speaker 2: What do you think where is the All Star Game?
Speaker 12: I think it's in Arlington.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, yeah. I mean there's a lot of moving parts to get there. To take the Show on the road. I mean it takes months to get ready for the Super Bowl. Months, even when we went to Dublin. I mean it took a lot of people, a lot of moving parts to be able to find a place, set it up. The cost there. How many days do we do, what kind of guess can we get? So, I mean we would consider these, but it's probably unlikely that we would go to Arlington for the All Star Game.
Speaker 3: Yes, poem, Dan, as much as I and everyone loves Texas in July, I think I speak for all of us. The last time we took the gate took us to the roads for the All Star Game, I think was Houston, Me, you and Fritzi went and it was one thousand degrees. Was a high daily You didn't a lie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arlington brings back bad memories because that's where I had my confrontation with a Rod in the locker room.
Speaker 3: Hey backtime.
Speaker 2: I don't know, he's not gonna be well, he'll be there. Yeah, yeah, that that's not nobody wins. If we get together, they'd be just a high a Rod and then he might say, Hi, Dan, Yes, Tod I'm looking at the NBA All Star Game in twenty twenty five being in San Francisco, hosted by the Warriors at the Chase Center. But we were talking about the Baseball Star Game. Oh you should show. I thought he was going to the basketball start.
Speaker 5: I'm totally soon.
Speaker 3: I thought he was talking about the basketball Star Game.
Speaker 2: No, dear, No, he's talking baseball, but thank you, Todd.
Speaker 6: Where's the NBA to San Francisco is great though, Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind going good play, Yeah, yeah it is. Ice Cube was on Pat McAfee show and he talked about the offer that he made to Caitlin Clark to play in the Big Three.
Speaker 13: You know, it's always fifty to fifty till we get a note you know, at the end of other day us. It is a generous offer, you know, and look, you know we're in the New Age. You know, it's like ni l you know when when we came up with the idea, you know, our sponsors, our partners, they all want to make it happen. So you know, we was able to make that generous software. It's definitely doable. You know, both leagues play on CBS, so of course they love it if we can make it happen. And so it's you know, it's up to the player. You know, as the league, we'll make it happen. We'll our offers in you know, we just need to answer as soon as they ready to.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, I'm assuming Caitlin Clark's going to play for the Indiana Fever. Their season goes all through the summer, including games almost every Saturday or Sunday. She would have to miss, I'm looking here, eight games with her w NBA team.
Speaker 14: To play for this other league. Yeah, it's not a realistic pitch. No, no, no, he got publicity, that's all it is. He wanted publicity, got publicity. Had a day where people were talking about the Big Three. I don't even know when the season is. I don't care to watch the Big Three, but okay, it's late summer where you don't have the NBA and they're trying to capitalize on it. But Caitlyn Clark, herr day job or night job will be the WNBA. That'll be far more important than the five million dollar pay day with the Big Three. Although I did like some of these players who play in the Big Three, like, oh, she'd never get a shot off, she'd never score, like slow.
Speaker 2: Down here, slow down here? All right? Oh yeah right, we put her on lockdown. Okay. Christian Latner will join us coming up next hour. Why isn't he in the Basketball Hall of Fame? We'll ask him