Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Jess is running a little late? What up, Lola Rosa?
Speaker 4: Good morning, It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: How you feeling, Laura?
Speaker 4: I felt good.
Speaker 5: I was a little late last night, so my morning got a little little late start.
Speaker 4: But it was for good reasoning.
Speaker 3: You didn't go to court though. No.
Speaker 4: I went to check out the clips new album yesterday.
Speaker 3: Oh how was that?
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about it, but I was really inspired.
Speaker 3: You got you got any joints? Did you take any joints? Did you record any joints? Did you secretly record anything you.
Speaker 4: Cannot secretly record? I did not take any music. That was a part of the deal in being there.
Speaker 5: Okay, because the album Let God Sat ther Mouth doesn't drop until July eleven. Okay, but we were gonna talk about as much as I can talk about. What I will tell you is that man deaf Jam, that's let who Let them Go?
Speaker 3: Yeah death Jam, Lena will so stupid mess it up?
Speaker 5: That was what I don't understand how these label things work.
Speaker 3: It was probably because it was being sued and didn't want the more of the headache. But I mean, you gotta let an artist be an artist, and the Clips is one of those groups that you don't let go.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna let an artist be an artist, or artists multiple b artists, that is one group that you leave alone and like do it. It was when I tell you I listened to a masterpiece of work of war. I was so inspired and I'm not even a rapper. I was like, I gotta, I gotta do better in life because I want to affect people like this this many years.
Speaker 3: So you wanted to rap after this? You thought about dropping the sixteen?
Speaker 5: You know what, I might have had a mixtape ready lest goodness, No, I did clip just in life in general, they just it's just inspiring to see people who are so passionate and are actually creators. Yes, and it come together. It always comes together for them. But it was inspired. I don't even know. I don't get my words together before we get there.
Speaker 3: And they're very artsy. So it'll be the video, the outfits, the clothing, everything will have a particular meeting. And did you get the record with Jay Z? Did you I'm just asking if you.
Speaker 4: I don't know no record with Jason.
Speaker 3: Did you hit a record? Kendrick?
Speaker 5: I heard the record with Kendrick because we know that there's a record with did you hit a record?
Speaker 6: Hoof?
Speaker 4: I don't know about a record with shut up?
Speaker 3: Man, You're bad. I'm never I'll never use it as my poker player can't.
Speaker 5: First of all, I don't even play poker, so you're not worried about that. But we know about the record with Kendrick because of the conversations they've been having and GQ and all these other places.
Speaker 4: But I don't know of any other features.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well yeah, yep exactly. So, so lout to all the people out there that have puppies, because I'm in this puppy phase and I didn't really want dogs, but the kids and my wife wanted dogs, and these dogs are whooping my ass. Getting up at three o'clock in the morning to walk these dogs is crazy, and the rain is just disrespectful, like enough's enough, Like when do they actually learn not to pee in the house. That's that's the phase that I need because getting on my knees, pause and cleaning up this pea every morning. It's disrespectful.
Speaker 5: At three in the morning, you get on your disrespectful like what do you even you yourself into things?
Speaker 3: But that's how it is. People know you got to get in there, crate and do it. And anyway, let's.
Speaker 4: Get your stow craws down and is already on their knees.
Speaker 3: Shut up artists. J Arnet j will be joining us this morning on as Jays, a community comedian. He has a new special not gonna stop it streaming on YouTube right now, so we'll be kicking it with on as Jay. Let's get the show crack and we got front page news when we come back. Jesse to be here in the second. It's the Breakfast Club Good morning, and Charlamagne is off today, y'all.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody's dj V Jess Hilari is Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Lawnla Roasters here. Let's get in some front page news. Happy birthday you, Kendrick Lamar. Today is actually Kendrick Lamar's birthdays. To drop a bomb for Kendrick Lamar, but let's get in some front page news. Last night in sports, OKC beat the pass one twenty to one nine, so they lead the series three two.
Speaker 8: What's up Morgain?
Speaker 4: Hey y'all, Hey, how are you feeling on us Tuesday?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 9: Love to hear it? Okay.
Speaker 10: First off front page, President Trump says Iran wants to talk about the de escalation.
Speaker 9: With Israel now.
Speaker 10: Speaking out a G seventh summit in Canada, Trump said he gave Iran a sixty eight window to bargain with the US over their nuclear capabilities, and Israel attacked on the last day that that deal or that window expired. President Trump says Iran is not in strong position right now. Let's take a listen to his comments on Iran.
Speaker 11: They'd like to.
Speaker 3: Talk, but they should have done that before. It's painful for both parties.
Speaker 12: But I'd say Iran is not winning this war.
Speaker 10: He added he's heard through in intermediators Iran is interested in pulling back aggressions. The President also said he thinks Iran wants to talk because Israel is doing so well right now. Meanwhile, President Trump is back in the States this morning after leaving that G seven summit in Canada early and boarding Air Force one to return home. The president said his departure was due to the conflict between Israel and Iran, and that he wanted to focus on the matter now that G seven something that was three days and it's supposed to end up believe tomorrow. Some of attendee French President Emmanuel Macrone. He told report Orders that he heard Trump was leaving to work on a ceasefire proposal, but Trump fired off on social media, insisting that Macrone had no idea why he was returning to Washington, but certainly said it has nothing to do with a ceasefire. Trump did not take questions when he touched down at Joint Base Andrews this morning.
Speaker 3: Now, quick question, and you took a while I ran in Israel. Do we know? I know they said about two hundred and fifty to three hundred people died. So for are they civilians or is that military? Is it just you know, I do not know that.
Speaker 9: Okay, I do not have the exact numbers as to who, because I.
Speaker 3: Was just wondering if they were just aiming directly at military bases and places that they thought nuclear weapons were going to be mad.
Speaker 10: Do believe the civilians are included in those numbers? MV I was going to say, it's not just one or the other. I believe that would be a joint number regarding both civilians and military. But I do not have exact I don't have the exact numbers okersee to those fatalities and what.
Speaker 9: But it is on the rise to your point elsewhere.
Speaker 10: At the G seven, President Trump says, he says the US has signed a.
Speaker 9: Trade deal with the United Kingdom.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 10: Trump made those announcements with UK Prime Minister Kiir Starmer at the G seven summit in Canada. He called it a fair deal for both and the two celebrated the new trade agreement and showed the signed documents to reporters.
Speaker 9: Let's take a listen to their comments.
Speaker 7: Would you sign it?
Speaker 8: And it's done, and so we have our trade agreement.
Speaker 3: Very good day for Pithel. Our country is a real side strength. So thank you again, Donald.
Speaker 8: A really important day for both of us. Great people, great people.
Speaker 10: So the exact terms of that deal were not disclosed. And I also think it's important to also note that President Trump warned on social media truth social back to the original story Iran and Israel that there is there should be an immediate evacuation of Tehran. Israel has also issued an evacuation alert for residents northeast of Tehran to keep you guys posted as to what happens on the presidential front and as far as international affairs go. And one more story really quickly before we go into the next hour. The Army does not feel like Saturday's military parade did not provide much damage to DC streets now. An Army spokesperson says, the assessment following the parade is showing is not showing any serious damage to the parade. Nobody was there or the staging area. They're talking about the tanks on the streets. But the Army credits the lack of damage due to protective steps taken before the parade, including rubber pads and tanks, rubber pads on tank tracks, and steel plates in several areas. But the National Park Service and Federal Highway Administration says tests for those streets for underground damage is underway for the next few weeks, so they won't really truly know for a little while now, but I'll keep you posted on that.
Speaker 9: But the Army says, nah, we ain't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why they would take a military equipment in all the millions of people that was supposed to be there, but just military equipment and two people. They ain't that much damage.
Speaker 10: Literally watched the street crumble under the tanks, you know, but yeah, I mean you could see the cracks in the streets. And it's really sad because you know DC streets. It's we can't catch a break. Anyways, I'll and at the seven o'clock hour, we'll get into what's going on with Ice because you already knows there's the drama.
Speaker 9: So stick around.
Speaker 3: Let me find out. Morgan was the only person there watching that in the parade, the only one out there.
Speaker 10: Watching we we no, we did a little drive by, but we wasn't just sticking around all right.
Speaker 3: Well that is front page knew just to say what I'm jess, what's up?
Speaker 13: I'm good?
Speaker 3: How going? Get it off your chest? Eight hundred five eight five one five If you need the vent and you can hit us up right now again eight hundred five eight five one five one is the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 6: Good morning, the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 3: Alright, is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: Whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 3: I hate the win that you walk, the wind did you talk?
Speaker 13: I hate the way you dress.
Speaker 8: Everything when me is best call up next?
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five eight five one.
Speaker 3: I'm with the coach of Philip.
Speaker 8: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: And we're working Florida.
Speaker 11: How y'are doing this morning?
Speaker 7: Leroy?
Speaker 3: Morn it? What's up?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest? Uh?
Speaker 14: Actually, my sister has a luxury handbag company called ken Trails posch dot com k A N c R E L l F dot com. And uh, I want to sink you guys some handbag.
Speaker 4: Okay, nice, thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so if y'all could have man plug your website, it's called ken Trail's potch dot com.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll definitely check it out. We'll put your whole Charlemagne's favorite colors pink, so make sure you send him a.
Speaker 2: Pink we got pink bag.
Speaker 8: I know that's right.
Speaker 6: Have a good one, all right?
Speaker 3: Hello? Who's this? Hello?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 3: It's Sonya Hey, Sonia, get off your chest.
Speaker 15: I just have a really big problem like with I'm like, I guess I'm still sounding like I'm repeating myself, but just keeps calling that orange guy Donald Trump, uh, president and everybody else on the news tails are just calling him Donald Trump? Like are you'll proud of him.
Speaker 7: Girl.
Speaker 10: Listen, he the president of the United States.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 10: I don't know who he is then, you know what I mean. It ain't about Ryan and with him, it ain't about none of that.
Speaker 13: It is what it is.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 15: He told you two or three times that he's stolen the election.
Speaker 3: Y'all. What ignorant baby?
Speaker 10: You just sound just like you don't want to say.
Speaker 4: He is the president. Have a good day, baby, girl.
Speaker 10: Don't worry about what I call him. He is the president of the United States.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 9: You got to move.
Speaker 4: You got to just move out the country.
Speaker 10: I don't like it either, But I'm not running away from the fact that Donald Trump is our president.
Speaker 4: That's what it is. She be all right, matter at me, then the damn president.
Speaker 3: She should be mad at Morgan exactly, be mad at going back and be mad at again.
Speaker 8: We lets it go back.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this god?
Speaker 11: This is Jamel Scott.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jamel, get it off your chest.
Speaker 7: Brother.
Speaker 16: How you doing on principal down in Yaka's at Barack Obama.
Speaker 11: School for Social Justice.
Speaker 3: Okay, we want to give.
Speaker 16: A shout out to all the educators, all the students, that's about to graduate.
Speaker 11: My youngest just graduated from daycare.
Speaker 16: So now all my children are in elementary school, middle school, and high school.
Speaker 4: It's just a.
Speaker 16: Blessing and I just want to stay enjoy y'all summer and we're almost there y'all already.
Speaker 3: I'm a good one. I still got a pre K so I still got another year to go, one more, one more year ago, but I have a good one.
Speaker 8: Brother.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit this up right now with the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Wake up, wake up?
Speaker 6: As is it your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: And matter blessed?
Speaker 8: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 17: My name is Savin Lewis, Man out of Columbus to Horio.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 3: Get it on her chest?
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 17: I just wanna statement right now.
Speaker 11: I'm head to work man.
Speaker 2: I'm a union.
Speaker 17: Electrician and I want to give a shout out to all the men had no work right now, happy happy play to posity State. My dad wasn't nothing, man, but we got great dads out here. We got great fathers out here. Man, I don't want to be here. This's like all black kicks, all black fathers, ain't they kids like start through?
Speaker 3: Feel me?
Speaker 17: My dad was nothing, but we got great man out here. I got a kid on the way and I'm gonna be a great posit myself crying y'all.
Speaker 3: Alright, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 12: You wanted? This is James Colling from up Carolanta.
Speaker 8: What's up?
Speaker 3: James? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Any I wanted to ask you man on your Friday mixes. You do ask of the day type.
Speaker 3: Stuff right old school, yep, go back sometimes what you want to have?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I wanted to.
Speaker 12: Ask you if you do like a theme like a positive biz from the old school, right girl, playing stuff like optimistic bot sounds of Blackness or sh don't be a.
Speaker 3: Food you know what?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 12: Or with that black Man United you will know.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do this. I'm not gonna do that Friday, but I'll do it for Thursday, for Juneteenth. I do that for your own Thursday fortunity.
Speaker 9: That's oh that what's up?
Speaker 3: And big up?
Speaker 12: See Victoria on me and ushow on that f or us on what jotaner?
Speaker 3: All right, brother, but I got you on Thursday and I'll shout you out ju day.
Speaker 8: All right, all right, brother man said.
Speaker 6: Hello, who's this the.
Speaker 7: Most street man out of lamps in mischigter?
Speaker 3: What's something more? D get off your chest?
Speaker 7: Hey, I want to get off my chests to a certain bender pression.
Speaker 11: If you were born in the seventies, raised in the eighties, hustled in the nineties.
Speaker 7: And bring blinged in the two thousand, you're part of the greatest.
Speaker 12: Generation that entrepreneurs arrive today.
Speaker 3: I believe I'll rock with you. There was nothing no better time than the in my opinion, in the eighties and nineties and two thousands.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, so we at that age.
Speaker 7: Now to where we done reached that forty year old mark, to where we know we got a president en up, a business man and one of the first rules of businesses that are business it ain't personal.
Speaker 11: I mean we need to deal with doctor John Hope Bryant, doctor Claude Everson, claud Anderson, doctor Boyce Walkins and.
Speaker 7: Need me each and get everybody together.
Speaker 12: They hold us the entrepreneurs conference.
Speaker 3: Okay, John ol'brien and Big I ain't manager, brother, that's right.
Speaker 7: That's a conference.
Speaker 16: We need to get all the hustlers that ain't nothing for entrepreneurs together and we need.
Speaker 7: To sit down and talk and figure this business out.
Speaker 3: Okay, he from Michigan to is that's why.
Speaker 7: He absolutely after Michigan.
Speaker 3: Baby, all right, brother, I have a going all right, you too, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need to be you can hit us up.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: We got to leave us with Lauren coming up.
Speaker 4: Talking about r Kelly.
Speaker 5: His team has filed documents alleging that he overdosed while in solitary confinement. Y'as yes, so what we know he is alive, but it's going. It's a lot to talk about because you know, his team is also saying that prison officials are trying to take him out here legend this is there like they're pointing it to this to say, here's another instance of what we were telling you all about.
Speaker 6: Is wow.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that next. Don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Morning everybody. It's dj n V just hilarious. Charlamagne, the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 10: Lauren becoming a straight fast She gets them.
Speaker 3: Somebody that knows, somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 4: I'm the long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on the.
Speaker 6: Latest with Lauren la Rossa.
Speaker 18: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 6: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Okay, so this news is actually breaking right now. Shout out to ball Alert, who was the first outlet that we saw actually posted it. But last night our Kelly's team filed an emergency filing. I received the filing a little bit after midnight, so I believe that's why he's breaking right now, is because outlets are waking up. So in the emergency filing, they alleged that R. Kelly was giving an additional dose of medication by prison staff, and they're alleging that because of that additional medication that he was instructed to take and that he actually took, he suffered an overdose. So they say that he woke up or Kelly woke up allegedly on June thirteenth, and he felt faint, he was dizzy, He started to see black spots. He got up and he fell. He crawled to the door of the cell and he lost consciousness. Then at that point he was placed on a gurney. He was taken by ambulance to a nearby hospital because they tried to take him to the hospital inside of or associated with the facility that he's in, but they couldn't help them, so they took them to an outside hospital. In that outside hospital, well, on the way to the outside hospital, his team alleges that it was overheard someone in the ambulance from the hospital say this is open.
Speaker 4: This is going to open a whole new can of worms.
Speaker 5: R Kelly's legal team then alleges that once he got to the hospital, it was then revealed that he had been giving an overdose quantity of medicine. He was in the hospital for some days, and this was within two days of that original filing where his legal team is alleging that prison officials are trying to take him out of here. Now, they say, in addition to this incident, this overdose, right, they're also pointing to the fact that r Kelly allegedly has been asking for months to get some medical attention to a swollen leg. R Kelly's legal team says that once he was taken to the hospital for this overdose situation, he brought r Kelly brought up the swollen leg, and they alleged that doctors there then took a look at the swollen leg and they found blood clocks in r Kelly's right leg allegedly, in his left leg and his lungs allegedly, and r Kelly's legal team is saying that r Kelly was then told he should stay seven days in that hospital surgery and then it would be additional two weeks because of whatever care they're going to need to give him. But his legal team alleges that once the prison was contacted, r Kelly was then removed against his will by guards from the prison and was not allowed to be treated. And they are saying that basically this could kill him because of the blood clots and of the care that they are alleging he is not receiving. Now, they do say that all of this can be proven. They say that the things with him getting to solitary confinement and taking that additional medicine allegedly will be on prison cameras. They say on prison cameras. You will see R Kelly arride to solitary confinement when you arrive there. Because he takes medicines already for anxiety and sleeping other things. You have to show your medicine to guards, which they say is on camera. And then they say you will see the additional medicine being brought to R Kelly on camera as well, and that is the stuff at the hospital with the clots and not being treated. All those accusations they say can also be proven via hospital records. So they filed this emergency motion trying to bring light to this to the same court that they are saying, Hey, all this other stuff is happening. We're telling you he needs to be released because it is not.
Speaker 3: Why Why does R Kelly and his team feel like the Feds are trying to kill him? Because he's not coming out until what December twenty first, twenty forty five, he received thirty year as a federal prison So why does he think they're killing him? What does R Kelly know that makes the Feds want to kill him?
Speaker 5: So, according to R Kelly's legal team in the first filing, and they reiterated in this one, that whole plot to uncover the fact that there were things that were done wrong when it came to remember I talked about like the flipping of the witnesses and all these things that they're a legend happen. Basically, they're saying the government and the prison officials have been covering up the fact that they did whatever they needed to do to convict R Kelly allegedly and his new legal team and trying to file for other things discovered that and brought it in a plan to bring it to light, and they found out.
Speaker 4: So this is all a way to cover that up. That is R Kelly's team is allegend.
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Or wasn't there a videotape of R Kelly having sex with an underage girl?
Speaker 4: So they're not they're not.
Speaker 8: They're not.
Speaker 5: They're not arguing that that did not happen, right, They're What they're arguing is that when Asriel Clary, who was one of the major witnesses in R Kelly's cases, and there's another woman who was also another witness in the Chicago case, that the way that they came about being those star witnesses was illegal. That's what R Kelly's team is alleging like they used an informant to flip these women who were not going to be witnesses. They use emails and phone calls from R. Kelly allegedly to another woman to then they gave it to this informant. The informant goes to these you know, ex girlfriends or whatever they whatever they were at the time of our Kelly's and gets them upset and makes them want to testify if that is illegal.
Speaker 3: But Kelly see does know that they were selling them R Kelly porn tapes like the Nintendo switched to like crazy outside of clubs back in the day. Kelly's all over the place on Canal Street and like crazy, Like we all seem to take why he wasn't illgal tap but mad people seem to take R.
Speaker 5: Kelly's legal team knows everything we know because we all watch that case play out in public and not public, but like we followed it and they have still filed this and they also point to the fact that the government called the first filing because remember I was like, yo, this is like a movie. They're saying that this man inside is supposed to take him out, and they're like, people call this theatrics and you know, fantasy, but here is something that we can prove via hospital records in jail video allegedly, so we yep, yeah, ok, yeah, So that is what's happening right now with our Kelly, and the news is breking literally right now.
Speaker 3: I just have one last question, how what's the probability that because of all this, that they will give R. Kelly out early? Because his date is December twenty first, I think twenty five.
Speaker 4: I can't I'm not a judge.
Speaker 5: I can't answer that, but I mean, if they can prove something like this with the videos and things of that nature, you a judge would have to consider some sort of like safety something because he's locked up, he gonna do his time. But like you can't if this is actually happening, which is very far fetched, but if it is actually happening, you do have to have a conversation about like safety in the way he's being treated, right.
Speaker 3: But he's not going to come home.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know what will happen, but there will have to be like you can't ignore it, is what I'm saying. So I don't know what will happen, but obviously you won't be able to ignore something like this if it is proven to be true.
Speaker 3: No, he's not going to come home. I don't see that.
Speaker 4: Well, look, I'm just telling y'all what just happened.
Speaker 3: I got a file signed in the front of his yard. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Oh like how you have to let the people know in the community.
Speaker 3: Ye put son he signed to be crazy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I gotta get his own block, get his own community and be banned for McDonald's all of that, especially the playhouse ones.
Speaker 3: All right, well that is the latest with Lauren. Now when we come back, we got Front Page News and comedian Arnest Ja will be joining us. It's the breakfast club. What's that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: And also Charlemagne is out today. So if you want to give somebody donkey of the day, you can get on them phone lines right now. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Whoever it is. It could be your boss, your coworker, your neighbor, somebody you've seen in the street. It could be us. It could be the president, it could be your congressman. It doesn't matter who it is. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. Give whoever you want donkey today, call us up. Now it's the Breakfast Club. The Morning, It's morning. Everybody is dj NV just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast clublong on the roster. Say let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Last night, OKAC beats the Paces one twenty to one, O nine. OKC leads at their Series three two.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he was listening to Morgan, but during Get It Off Your Chest, somebody was mad that you call Donald J. Trump the president.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, she tried to blame me.
Speaker 4: It was you, she tried to blame me. I guess it's the deal.
Speaker 9: What you call the president by his title.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm right right, whether we agree or not, like with the heuse.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, you know, I try not to get too much onto my personal but you know, yeah, that's that's that's the man's title.
Speaker 9: So that's what we're gonna go with.
Speaker 3: What were we talking about?
Speaker 10: Meanwhile, President Trump is ramping up ice raids, which have sparked major protests in Los Angeles and other major cities around the US. On Sunday, Trump announced that he is directing his administration to use every resource possible on mass deportation.
Speaker 3: Efforts.
Speaker 10: He mentioned increasing enforcement actions in cities like Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and other cities that he considers the quote core of the Democrat Power Center. This comes as thirty eight people have been arrested in connection with the No Kings protests that took place over the weekend. On Saturday in downtown Los Angeles, California, LA Mayor Karen Bass has this message, after more than a week of straight protests, let's take a listen.
Speaker 4: My message to Angelino's is that we have to stand together.
Speaker 10: My message is Mayor, is is that I respect and honor our tradition here, which is we are a city of immigrants, and I think, frankly that that is our strength. So President Trump continues to defend his use of the military in LA, saying if the National Guard wasn't on call and ready, then the protesters would rip LA apart. Now, thirty five arrests on Sunday work were violating curfew. One person was arrested for failing to disperse, another for resisting arrest, another for resisting, obstructing or delaying an officer. The LAPD says protests remained peaceful for most of the.
Speaker 9: Day that was on Saturday.
Speaker 10: Since June seventh, the LAPD has arrested about five hundred and sixty one people in connection with ongoing protests against federal immigration rates. Now twelve officers have suffered injuries during that time as well, so we'll continue.
Speaker 3: I do I have a question. I see it says as a June first to say the isis picked up fifty one thousand people. I wonder how that affects the economy, right, because they're not just picking up people from jail, They're picking up people from their jobs. They're picking up people that are working. They're people that are.
Speaker 4: From their home, people that have you know, who still.
Speaker 3: Are committed to the to I was, you know, to the America. So I wonder how that affects economies in different places.
Speaker 10: We're definitely, probably, we're definitely we're gonna see how that tends to impact us economically, probably over the course of the next you know, a few months. But to your point and be yeah, you're seeing a lot of people being picked up on their workplace, and a lot of people who are not going to work because they're fearful, or not going to schools or not even participating in extra curriculars with their kids. It's happening here in the DMV as well, football games and soccer games that you know, parents are afraid to go to. Extracurricular activities that parents are afraid to go to because of ice raids and these ice raids and they're pulling up not identifying themselves, which brings me to my next story. California lawmakers are introducing new legislation aimed at making law enforcement officials, including federal agents, provide better identification and not hide their faces with things like masks. US Attorney for Massachusetts Leah Foley has some comments on that.
Speaker 9: Let's take a listen.
Speaker 10: Federal agents and their children are being threatened, doosted, and assaulted.
Speaker 3: That is why they must hide their faces.
Speaker 10: So the decision by California lawmakers follows ongoing protests across the country. As previously mentioned, the bill aims for more transparency and public safety. Lawmakers also say it takes away the idea of what they call secret police. It may face an uphill battle as federal agents, including ice agents, typically work under federal immigration law and not state law, which brings me to the next story. In New York, Mayor Eric Adams was ask about all of this, you know, how do you feel about working with ICE? On which type of matters are you working with ICE? And you know, initially when we started talking about these ICE raids, Eric Adams took the stance where he was like, I'm just you know, we're not going to be involved.
Speaker 9: We're not going to work with ICE.
Speaker 10: But now he's saying that he will, in fact and the city will work with ICE on criminal matters.
Speaker 9: Criminal matters, not civil matters. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 19: We do not in any way collaborate with civil enforcement. We're going to always collaborate with criminal actions.
Speaker 10: Of course, as previously mentioned, Trump announced he is directing his administration to use every resource possible on mass deportation efforts and also mentioned New York, LA and other cities that in those comments and if I can, before I go, Vance Bolter, the man who was on that killing spree or to an extent in Minnesota. He has officially been charged in federal and state court over the murder of Minnesota lawmaker Melissa Hortman and her husband. Bolter appeared in federal court on Monday, charged with multiple crimes, including stalking, murder with a firearm and fire offenses. He also faces multiple counts of second degree intentional murder and attempted murder in state court, where a Minnesota judge ordered Bolter's bail to be set at five million dollars.
Speaker 9: So that's your front page news.
Speaker 10: Continue to follow us on socials at Black Information Network, down the free download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at binnews dot com.
Speaker 9: You can find me on social at Morgan met Thank you so much, y'all.
Speaker 3: I do I do have one question Morgan before we go. Right, So, the shooter that you just spoke about who killed two people and wounded two other people, shot two other people, right? Yeah, how the hell do they give him a bond of five million dollars? He killed two people? Right? And he shot two other people? They gave him a bond in five million dollars?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Not to compare a left and right? Did he is accused of do with a bunch of crazy ish? Yes, they got no bond. This guy killed two people, dressed up as a police officer others and got a five million dollar bond. Guess what racing? I just want to say that because that's wild. That is wild.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yes it is, and that's your front page news.
Speaker 12: This is American.
Speaker 3: When we come back, arnesz J will be joining US comedian arness J. He has a new special not gonna stop streaming on YouTube now and we're gonna kick it with the og when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, The Breakfast Club. N be just a Larry showing me the guy. We got a special guest in the building who's starting all right, A legend ladies and gentlemen comedian. What's that?
Speaker 7: Brother?
Speaker 3: Thank you man?
Speaker 8: How thing homish to all of y'all. God is great.
Speaker 18: I'm really I realized why you're such a good comedian. You are a very observing person. As soon as you came in the room, you observed the whole surrounding.
Speaker 3: You saw that.
Speaker 8: I teach my crew team. That's I scan wherever I go. And and maybe that was because I, you know, I grew up fighting all my life.
Speaker 3: I scan.
Speaker 8: I mean, my first day of school, I'm thumping, and that I'm you know, I'm out the poke being projects out of Florida, so oh man, I'm straight out of Yeah. Yeah, And you was there and it was really right there. Yeah, that's the one here to quit her right there.
Speaker 3: Damn yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean I ain't a big dude, but.
Speaker 3: You just can't whoop my.
Speaker 8: Answer and not see me the next day and say, hey, man, you know about yesterday. Oh no, back I lost. I got to get either.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 8: I'm not that bad.
Speaker 3: I'm not that bad. But you grew up. I mean porty Be Project is notorious, and I mean that.
Speaker 8: The era you grew up in was really really I was, matter of fact, I was in between system and and and alway across one. My whole family was one thirty fifth, ninety fifth Avenue and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well uh yeah, wow you've seen something that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I could have. I could have had a lot of hatred in my life, but I don't. I'm not an evil person. I'm not the only person I love. I love life, rether light skin or not. You know, you know Puerto Rican and whatever, Dominican.
Speaker 3: Dang, you looked at everybody and got it right. He Puerto Rican, he Dominican. I am not Dominican, not a black. I'm well you black now because of the election?
Speaker 8: Are you are you black? Come on now, come on now, I'm always black.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, you know you know I used, I used to wear jacket when it comes to it, because you never know how cold. You mind if I take off my jacket? Okay, because I'm you know.
Speaker 3: Stay for a while, agreed, Let me take it off?
Speaker 8: Sexy in your mind?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 8: Wait, this is what if everybody here was gay? You matter if I take I take it off.
Speaker 3: And they don't go all the way. You just stare at you for a minute.
Speaker 8: Look at me, shine, I mean, well, happy pride, but thank you.
Speaker 3: I said, you want right into that walk. You don't know some straight man happy pride?
Speaker 8: Man? You know what y'all are projecting good energy for me. You're trying to get the mand cuffs off.
Speaker 3: Man, reminisce.
Speaker 8: You know I did you get chased once? Then you want to reenact me.
Speaker 3: You took off to man. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 8: When I sawthing, this is one I don't think my mother go go. I mean the same word, but I'm like this. This this observation scanned the streets.
Speaker 3: You missed every car, You missed every car, and you dipped and down, you know.
Speaker 8: And and and see a lot of people, and it reminded me of me when I did And a lot of people don't know this. When I did the easy video, a lot of people thought the Compty City, geez.
Speaker 3: Wow, and that's what this record.
Speaker 8: That Drake exactly, But everybody thought that was a J. Johnson because he did the first one with with Drake. No, that was me that did that, because you you would have been able to tell different. Just back the speed that I was running. They told me to slow Remember the scene when it was run through the park and the dog was chasing me. They told me to slow down. I said, dude, I'm an athlete.
Speaker 3: I ran track.
Speaker 8: Y'all got your pants slowed and I played baseball.
Speaker 3: Watching you running. The part, oh you're running pretty fast now comes. I would have to see them see it again, pretty fair. I had to hold my hat.
Speaker 8: I seen you only you know, you know, just like a famous Uh person in the hood said they were running the four to two forty lord. I was saying, if you don't stop, if you don't stop, if you don't stop. And I love both him, Kevin Uh, myself and Kat had a race for real real talk, in real life, real life. I think I think we were in Cleveland getting ready to do a show. You how did this race?
Speaker 3: Saying, who's talking? We had a race? Okay, I'm the oldest. Whoa what year was this?
Speaker 8: It don't matter. It don't matter in Jesus's log books, it don't matter.
Speaker 3: You won.
Speaker 8: I'm just letting you know they didn't.
Speaker 3: So you ain't see the four two forty is what you're telling us.
Speaker 8: I just say he couldn't run. Okay, okay, you know anybody getting chased can run, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: But a four two forty.
Speaker 8: Come on, man, But I love and I want to clear someone. I'm I'm glad I brought his name up. And then can I get to this?
Speaker 7: You can do it.
Speaker 8: I'm so amped right now, thank you. I want to clear something up with with my fans and with the people that have seen this interview. Something was asking about Kat Williams and myself, and I said, Cat did something for my brother that I would never No one can ever say nothing bad about Cat to me, And let me say good morning to all of America. Cat has a great heart. A lot of people just don't understand him sometimes, but there is a great heart and a great young man in there and he helps people out without thought process, meaning I ain't get to know what your problem is, but I know you just would help you monetarily.
Speaker 3: A lot of people say that, by the way, too, especially comedians.
Speaker 8: Cat did something for me. Oh, I'm trying not to get emotional. Cat did something for me that had nothing to do with monetary value, had something to do with the way your heart has been built. My brother who was in a wheelchair, we were doing a show in Detroit, and my brother the way he was sitting, he couldn't come back to meet everybody. And I can't remember if because I didn't remember it at first. People think Cat gave some money to my brother. For what I got money, Kat did something that most humans wouldn't do without without thinking. He went and sat and talked to my brother while everybody else's backstage meeting everybody. He talked to him.
Speaker 3: Wow, so you saw your.
Speaker 8: Brother, saw him physically went out there and talked to his young man. That's why can't nobody tell me nothing bad about Cat, No matter whatever other demons may be going on, you can't talk to me about it. That's not my lane for that. My lane is what he did for my brother, without which money could never compare to you understand me. So I just wanted to clear that up. Had nothing to do with money, had every bit to do with this brother's heart. His brother's heart was so I just wanted to cat.
Speaker 3: That means a lot.
Speaker 8: It means more than a lot.
Speaker 3: You said, you want to clear it with the people think out you and CAT have be for you.
Speaker 8: And no, no, no, no no, everybody like you said, everybody, especially for me, to think that everything is it's about monetary value that he's thrown out money. No, he threw out his heart. He threw out money, He threw out his heart. That made that made my brother probably thought he was standing up and walking again. Though you understand what I'm saying. That's why that's I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 18: I know, I know, I know people who've done that for other people, Like didn't give him no money, didn't put them in a mood or anything like that, but just showed up for him. I say that about you know, Eastern Ray all the time. Easter Ray showed up for one of my you know, homegirls when she was going through that. My homegirl did ultimately, you know, take her life a couple of years later, but when Easter showed up for her rest in peace, jazz Fly Jasmin Waters, when.
Speaker 8: Easter showed up for her, I know what that did for her and her spirit. So for all we know, that might have kept her alive, you know, just control years. Absolutely absolutely, so I get exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 3: We're still kicking in a comedian arns j It's new special, not gonna stop and streaming on YouTube. Now you've been compared to legends like Eddie Murphy. I'm Richard Prior. You heard that before, I'm sure yeah. And Flip Wilson. Flip Wilson, why do you think honest Jay hasn't, like he said, done the specially in ten years, took off the way that these comedians name that I said, is it because you balanced family life a lot better?
Speaker 8: That's an excellent question. And also you just gave a great answer. I was already into a family when I got into this that couldn't stop. Did I want to be famous? Of course, that's why you get into this. But then I smart enough and realize do I want the fame or do I want do I want stability down the road? Give me the stability, you keep the fame. I know a whole bunch of famous, broke people, but I got my fans who have never let me down. My special right now. Within five days it was at a million views. Five days that don't happen. Two million views too much, But we're at twenty seven days we had two million views. I can only thank God Almighty and there's people out there that care about me. That's why I give every When I'm on stage, I give everything that I have, whether there's one person on stage or it's ten thousand in the arena, I give everything that I have because I'm not afraid to fail. I'm afraid to let my fans. Now, people work hard for their money. I'm your comic relief.
Speaker 7: They need that.
Speaker 8: Pressure taking off themselves. So when comedians beef with each other, some of it's legit, some of it's not anything that I do. I do it in front of your face, and then have you want to handle it after that? You know?
Speaker 18: You know, it's an interesting question, the NB asked. But I think one thing people don't realize about comedians. Guys like you make money. Like I didn't seen you a couple of times.
Speaker 8: You don't even know because I was I was, I was a youngster back then Columbia, South Carolina, Columbia from Charlston.
Speaker 18: Carolina born and Charlton raised in mont Corna. Yes, absolutely that you would hear Arni's j name all all the time. We're gonna be at the times of auditorium. Wow, you know you're gonna bet the Gilliard Auditorium. So I've seen I've personally seen you on stage years years, years, years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 18: So you think about that's what I've been doing radio twenty seven years. So your career has been longer than that. Yeah, it's been I'm gonna thirty five, That's.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 8: So guys like you've been on the road, y'all on the road making tens of thousands, hundreds of thousand dollars a.
Speaker 3: Weekend, and it's like, okay, my money now, no no oh, but that is one thing I hate.
Speaker 8: Do not look at my pockets. And that's anybody with me working with, do not look at my pockets. Most comedians are of certain status. I feel would rather have females working for them than men. You know why, Wow, Because we're men, We're alphas. You want to be the top dog. You wanna be that alpha male. Why are you making all this money? I need to make more. Most of the time, women they're not in competition with you. They there to do a great job. So when they do their job, it makes it easier on you. A lot of comedians have a woman that will open up for him. It doesn't matter to me whether a woman or a man. I've had both, but it's most And if I'm wrong, you can tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take that clip and put it out of contact. I just want you to know that you want as a man a woman. I had both.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, you can do that. You can do that because I got contact too wrong. See you see how I don't run away from that. You see how I don't run away from that. You and my lane.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna put you back in your life.
Speaker 8: So do whatever you want, because by the time I'm done, you and d J. M.
Speaker 3: Bell that slept with each other. So now you do that if you want to.
Speaker 8: You had the first to say that, though now you had the person to say But the way I'm going to do it, the way I'm gonna do you think he smiled? His lip turned pink? Automatic, that's blood rushing up in there. You're crazy, you crazy? That's that's that, that's that cool of blood. That's not why why you think Magne looks like an Egyptian with them high browns?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 8: God damn my bro know somebody that sprayed air mark.
Speaker 3: Up in there look like an gypt Man? Definitely not naturally played with them.
Speaker 8: B Yeah, man, you going that can that curts on here.
Speaker 3: Going going with that? That's when you know, because I'm dying.
Speaker 8: None said, it's like trying to wipe wife.
Speaker 3: Don't want to such natural around around hire, around natural. I don't know how that happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, how come you're the only human that that's natural? And all the other Gyptus had that done? Why don't my browns look like that?
Speaker 3: And that done?
Speaker 8: You ain't get yours done? No, you don shot some ink in there. You ain't slip. You don shot some ink had that thread and whatever? That thingks?
Speaker 3: God. Now, I'm not gonna lie. When I was young, I'm gonna tell you why he guy.
Speaker 8: I used to work in the telemarketing place and it was two girls and they told me that Tupac get his eyebrows arts Nia and Surmira, that's what they named.
Speaker 3: And I got my eyebrows lots because they told me to.
Speaker 8: You know, when my mama used to know that I was lying, what she would say what I want to ask Hi about his style of comedy regular.
Speaker 3: I wanted to stay in that room though, But ahead, We'll let you go.
Speaker 8: When you on stage, you're very animated. Yes, did you study like dances or like believe it.
Speaker 3: Or not, jazz?
Speaker 8: I'm monitored the jazz dance for three years. Wow, Claire Parker Robinson. And I've always I was always a dancer. I've always been physical. I jumped off my mama's roof one tying a pair of granimal underwear and a tie wrapping around my next thing, and I was Superman trying to grab a treem, jump straight air born.
Speaker 3: Did you make it?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 8: And then I got my behind will after she made sure I was okay, that's what black mamast do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't even checked see if he was trying to kill yourself.
Speaker 8: All that air left out of me though, all the wind left.
Speaker 3: She beat you immediately after.
Speaker 8: I'm just glad i wasn't hard, because I would have I would have broke that little thing that was. I was kind of high for the hair. See how I mess your mind with that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 18: And the new specials kind of lack and the too special not gonna stop comedy.
Speaker 3: You said that Prince called you. He did. You said, his boy sound it sexy. You said you would let him hit. Huh, I'm just kidding, because you know what DJ I know.
Speaker 8: I know, I know, I know I'm gonna have to do. You're trying to be sick.
Speaker 3: Let him he.
Speaker 8: Even though you're looking in his eyes. Oh, you were locked.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne met him.
Speaker 8: You could not look him in his eyes and leave unless his eyes released you.
Speaker 3: He made me study and I don't even know why.
Speaker 8: I don't know why you're studyed because your brain was saying, well, so what we're gonna do? Your brain said, Okay, you're gonna let him hit. You're gonna You're already looking at your eyes because you already look like an Egyptian, So what you do?
Speaker 3: He had those tu tho Prince had eyes like that. Let me tell you stop. He did stop French side Prince hide and Tupac eye bro get.
Speaker 8: This on your show, and you was in his back and Donell, I heard what you said about me, fam, But he said, what do you say? Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, he was he was Donelle.
Speaker 8: I like Darnelle, but he was saying, I'm just going by what was told to me like that. I can't get a job at nineteen ninety two, Jay, after working every.
Speaker 3: Week, I'm nineteen ninety two. Wow, No, man, if.
Speaker 8: I'm lying, here'll let you know.
Speaker 3: Let me call him. I don't my heart, you think I don't believe? He said that.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's find out.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Let's see.
Speaker 8: He might answered, let me see if I don't believe, Darnelle said that off on facetiming him, it must be something.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Let me see.
Speaker 8: I'm not calling him out. I'm just telling you you heard tell me what I heard.
Speaker 3: He ain't picking up.
Speaker 8: Why your phone sounds so factic? Prince said, when he called you, why are you stirring your essence?
Speaker 3: He wanted me.
Speaker 8: He wanted to meet me, and I thought they were joking. I went to meet him, and when I met him, I was in Oakland, California. When I went there. When we first met, he was in rehearsal. Larry Graham was just either getting ready to walk off or walking off, and he saw me and he told me come on in because I didn't want to disrespect. I'm up there watching this man in rehearsal, and I'm the only one in the audience, the only one in the audience. Then he told me to come on stage, Prince Man, Prince of the Beast. When I looked into his eyes, I looked at his eyes like, you're not gonna let me leave? All right, it's gonna hold my heart.
Speaker 7: He too.
Speaker 8: I was in such amazement. Then when I saw her the wardrobe, the clothes that he was gonna wear, I didn't even want my clothes no more. It's my role manager laughing.
Speaker 3: So you know we saw Prince flow away.
Speaker 8: Dude, I went out and bought me a shirt with the back cut out. Shut up right in my line, I went, I'm here to tell the truth. I went, I don't, I don't, I don't lie.
Speaker 3: Man, anything. Where did you find where'd you find a shirt with the back.
Speaker 6: Of you matter?
Speaker 8: We were in San Francisco, Okay, easy, got you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, got you, got you, got you?
Speaker 6: Got you?
Speaker 8: My back was cut out thank god themn baby. All back then, I wasn't even a comedian when I went up stayed. I'm up here trying to shimmy that the back cut out.
Speaker 3: You know what. Charlomagne said, Charlotte, we see him. And it was in the hallway. Charlomagne walks up to him.
Speaker 8: And some of the event the su shut up, Hello, happened?
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 18: That's the first thing that was a prince was in the building mine. You was six in the morning, like Princeton the building. Why would prince just randomly being do this before you went out?
Speaker 13: You do that for you?
Speaker 3: You could tell him, you.
Speaker 7: Know what happened.
Speaker 18: We walked out the studio and we went to the hall. He was already walking by, and he saw us and he can't walking towards. He actually can't walking towards. Okay, But when he left, did you look at his little ass?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: And I took a picture, took the picture. I took a picture and away.
Speaker 13: Knock knocked.
Speaker 3: In my life. He was floating. He was floating off the ground. Yes, I'm not.
Speaker 18: And then when I went to go show everybody, and I'm like, yo, look he was floating. The picture was blacking my phone. It was just a black box with a picture of.
Speaker 3: Sam. He was right, he was right there.
Speaker 8: We all saw it.
Speaker 18: He was walking away because we asked him to take a picture. He was like, no, I don't want to take a picture. Cool And as he was walking away, I took a picture from behind and when we looked, he.
Speaker 8: Was levitating off the ground a little bit, and I showed him all the picture once to see him levitating turned to.
Speaker 3: A black squeat.
Speaker 8: Glad you said that because when he was on stage, you know, they called me. He called me up on stage to perform that, I mean to sing with him and Land Graham and everybody was up there when he started doing that little move. And I'd never seen a pair of five intestead that old move look like no, like he wasn't touching the ground. I mean, it was the weirdest thing. So you're not lying.
Speaker 3: No, we said it. Nobody believe. I don't tell the story cause nobody believes it. But I seen him take the picture he showed us and it was gone, gone, picture sent the picture gone, Like what the what the picture went? It's a black box with a picture. Was spirits. That's all spirits Why did you hear Riggy Smiley have beef?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 3: I heard Riggy tell that story. I think he was up here. He told it anything what he told you.
Speaker 18: He just said that y'all have beef for twenty years, never spoke, and y'all randomly saw each other on the plane and ended up sitting next to each other and y'all squashed whatever issues y'all had.
Speaker 8: Well, that's what happened.
Speaker 6: That what they told you. That's whatever your ut as a stupio.
Speaker 3: You know, you just did what your mama did.
Speaker 8: You said no, no, Once you squash or we talk like two grown men. Once you we do that, then whatever you say without demeaning me and getting away from all the truth.
Speaker 3: And that's what happened. We will leave it at that.
Speaker 8: That's what that's that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Well, good brother man, both of y'alloth.
Speaker 8: Y'all you know I reach out to them. Both of us have different places in life. You know, I can get along with believe it or not. I can get along with anybody if you will allow me to get along with you, plain and simple. And if you want to go the other route and we don't want to get along, I get it. I wish nothing but success for yourself and or your family.
Speaker 3: Period.
Speaker 8: Life is too short for us to carry malice in our heart about people.
Speaker 10: Yo.
Speaker 18: You already talking about O G comedians man being disrespectful.
Speaker 3: Who's in nineteen ninety two comedian? First off, uncross your legs when you're doing.
Speaker 6: The interviews, son, don't do that first of all.
Speaker 3: First of all, recognize a pimp bitch.
Speaker 12: I know, I know because you had your pimp poister the other time.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is about to traffic somebody. I said, okay, long you don't snatch we go no.
Speaker 6: Yo, And I'm gonna tell you this.
Speaker 3: You know I don't, but nobody. You one of the ones with I know this sounds crazy.
Speaker 11: Boy.
Speaker 8: When I see you, I'm like, I want to take me fishing one day.
Speaker 12: No didnies, sir.
Speaker 8: We were just talking about that.
Speaker 3: So why are you showing them? Then? Why are you telling other people on this? I ain't never on this. No.
Speaker 8: What I said was and I told him I said it wasn't bad. What donall' say was just funny. When Donna said, man, I can't get no damn work out held nineteen ninety two on there's Jay working every week. Did you say that, No, I ain't devastaate that, son. Oh, when there's somebody, yeah, somebody lie.
Speaker 3: You gotta check that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't come out nine.
Speaker 8: No way, son, I never said that, Okay, especially especially with somebody that you not used to.
Speaker 3: But to continue to crush it like you did, no way, And I have to.
Speaker 8: Take your word for that playing himself.
Speaker 3: Stop lying on or ne Jay, stopped lying on Corey Holker Man. You need to leave that alone. You need to leave that alone with Corey.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you one thing about Corey that y'all might not know. What's that that we can fight?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 7: No, no, you know no.
Speaker 3: Let me get this straight on.
Speaker 8: Okay, there's a whole bunch of people that run, they yack and can't fight. That's a little bit strong man. I was with him in a gym when he sold called members of a gang or oh jeez, whatever we're talking and Corey saying, well.
Speaker 3: What you want?
Speaker 8: You know, basically, dude, let's play ball, because he could play some ball. He I mean, he was slamming one of them, started talking to Cory, swung him around like uh, you know how you swing kids around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the rest of him was getting ready to make a move. I jumped in.
Speaker 8: I said, no, all, y'all ain't gonna jump on him. And then there was some other comedians set back like a little bitches. So let's just keep it, keep this real on the fifty one fifty show. I want to hear it. I need to know who the comedians were that didn't jump in, and Corey can thump. I believe he's a real good dude. If you don't want his type of truth, then don't ask his type of question.
Speaker 3: That's very true, Jacob. You know what, you know what, you know what on YouTube right now, y'all gotta ask for me.
Speaker 8: I will come sixteen years.
Speaker 3: This is the first time you've been crazy on it because I never thought.
Speaker 8: I mean, if y'all call on me, I'm gonna come, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna sit in you in tail stop through.
Speaker 8: I will, I will sit there, we'll, we'll, we'll roast everybody out here in a good way or in a good way because I don't I don't want you getting yourself.
Speaker 3: No, you don't get in trouble like that, no more, no, no want shut up, man, it's the Breakfast Club on.
Speaker 8: Let me let me cute out this way, let me cute out this way.
Speaker 3: Let's get right to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren be coming straight back.
Speaker 3: She gets them. Somebody that knows somebody get the detail.
Speaker 4: I'm a long gird that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 6: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 6: It's the lads on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: So the moment we have all been waiting for, what's that uh people would be wanting to see these uh freakoff tapes in the Diddy trial, well did not happen because only the jurors got.
Speaker 4: To see your clown, You a clown. Only the jurors got to see the tapes.
Speaker 5: Now, if y'all remember, because we've been talking about this for weeks in here, I told y'all in the beginning of this trial, when it first started, they made a rule on court that said when things like this, like the tapes, or even remember when I talked about the screenshots the photos from the tapes, we were not able to see them. Even the attorney gallery I was not able to see them prosecution showing it right. Yes, this is the prosecution is still present in their case. But they're doing this because they want to make sure that nothing leaks out of court. Nothing like, it's just very sensitive stuff. So yesterday so as so, yesterday the jury got to see some of the freak off tapes. And the way that they did it is they shut down all the monitors in the court, They give the jury headphones and everybody just sitting there. So there were some reports that in and some of my friends that were in like the main courtroom area said to me that you could hear kind of like you know how someone's listening to something in headphones and it's like loud. You can hear little things like little moanes here and there like that, but I don't know how in detail that hearing was. And you don't really know what you're hearing because you can't hear your first of all, the way that you're seated in court versus where the jury is, it's not like you're next to them, so you could be hearing something and you don't know, like, you don't know what you're hearing.
Speaker 4: So they didn't have a little screen in front of them to watch it.
Speaker 13: They just had to listen.
Speaker 5: The jury got a screen they could also watch it, so you know, there's men and women on the jury pool. You know a lot of people were asking questions about how did the jury looked while they were watching it because they was playing a small doses. So they played three freak off videos. They played like eleven to twelve minutes of each video with the headphones on so they could listen to the audio. But I mean, they're watching it. There was a report from TMZ and they do have shout out to Jacob Washerman. They do have a reporter in the court as well too, and their reporters said that there was a giggle. I was not told about a giggle, but they reported that there was one witness that, I mean one witness one drawer that giggled during it, but that people were just watching.
Speaker 10: It in it.
Speaker 3: Did they need a break after? Like, did your like I need a bathroom break after?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: They so, But they were they were adults. They were adults on man, It's crazy, it's the truth. They were adults on the tape. Yes, well was forced. This is what there was. It was consensual for that show.
Speaker 5: But so the clips are eleven to twelve minutes, but they only watched about like thirty seconds of each one, right, so you're not it's not like they're sitting there watching a whole well.
Speaker 10: For sure, I mean, because they went on for days apparently exactly, we wouldn't be seeing the whole one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it was enough to have impact. So I was also told that, Well, first of all, I think that's just really smart. And I talked about this on the podcast The Latest with Laurena Rose in details, so make sure you guys go take a listen to today's episode. I thought that it was really smart that the prosecution waited to play the tapes now because you know that the prosecution is going to be ending their case by Friday, right, so we days out from the prosecution saying, yo, were.
Speaker 4: Good, we did it up.
Speaker 3: But my question to you is, right, yes, if the freak alls were consensual, right, and hearing all these testimonies, we're hearing that it was consensual, Yeah, how are they able to use them because they're watching it's like watching porn. They're watching this has se Yep, It's not like they're saying that, you know, did he tie somebody up, or he forced somebody on these tapes, or he beats somebody on these tapes.
Speaker 8: It's basically like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, correct, I mean, because you have to think about all the testimony that you've heard up into this, right up until this point, Like even though did he seem is a legend that is consensual, You've heard from multiple women, You've heard said it was consentual. Well, Cassie said that she did it, but she was she she alleged she did it because she was under the coridion or the force of something that made her not like she was being blackmailed, there was there was different things that she alleges happened that made her do all these things. So technically, I don't know how you are you consent around that, But she's saying, Okay, you might it might come off or be said as if this was consensual, but you got to think about all the things that were up.
Speaker 3: Again, I can't be proven on that tape because she also said that she set some of those free calls up.
Speaker 5: Yes, but think about it, right, Like, so even in the courtroom, it's quiet as a mouse. You can literally like it's so quiet because everybody's trying to hear something. You hear little noises coming from the audio, and you're actually now getting to you're just putting color to everything that you've heard.
Speaker 3: They didn't need to show them free calls.
Speaker 4: I mean, you want to the only reason why I.
Speaker 3: Think that it's consensual. Nothing was against the law. He's not he's not being you know, accused for you know, beating anybody up on the free coll They just did that to embarrass them. They just want to show Ditty's penis and Diddy's ass and everybody.
Speaker 5: The only reason I did, the only reason I disagree with that is because when you're in that courtroom and you're seeing these women on the stand crying saying, Yo, my life would have been over if I said no, I wouldn't have had a place to live, all these allegations I would have When it comes to Cassie, we saw the physical violence that she endured where she said because of that physical violence, she had no way out. That's what she elected, right, And then you see and then you see, you see, and then you see the actual like, here's exactly what she was made to do. So you've got all of the why, and then here's the what if you put it together and in boom you have a that's a case.
Speaker 3: But if he's not on a tape standing over and saying do this or what are you seeing? But just you're just seeing consensual sex. So they said most of the time did he was in the corner master beat? Well, listen what I will argue, you just want to see the tape. I I don't want to see that. No, I'm just asking questions. I'm just curious.
Speaker 5: I will say, please take a listen to the podcast the Last with WRN and Rose because I get into this conversation because not everything was presented by the government or by the prosecution the way that you want to do what you're saying, envious ask, But I do believe that there is something there and that's why they show these tapes. Now, before we get out of here, I have an exclusive that I want to bring worldwide exclusive.
Speaker 4: So we have a Eclipse joint.
Speaker 5: You know, their new albums coming out let God sort them out on July eleven, So we have a worldwide exclusive. This is a new song off of the album. It's called so Be It that we're going to play. You went to their listening session last I went to their listening.
Speaker 4: Session last night.
Speaker 3: Where was it?
Speaker 4: I mean was that It was at the Rock Nation offices, super intimate.
Speaker 5: It was a handful of us and they're just listening with uh, you know, push your t and malice and talking through some of the records and just they're feeling. And when I tell y'all, I have never been so inspired by music Like I left and I was like, man like the music, Like I just love the music.
Speaker 4: I love the full of course, the full body of work.
Speaker 5: It's like a It's like it starts you one place and it takes you along a ride and then it ends you another place. We did get to hear the Kendrick Lamar Verus. I don't know nothing about No jay z Verse, but I heard of Kendrick Lamar Versus. I just meant like just seeing them together because it's been fifteen years now. I don't know who else is on the album A Sentiments. I know, I know we got I know we got so be it. We're gonna play that. I don't know who else is on the album on album who Bottle? I don't know about No Bottle.
Speaker 13: I would know.
Speaker 3: So another how did you get this record? Because I called them for a record and they said no, So how did you get this record? How did you used to get the records back in the day? Yeah, I would take them.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, no DJ, I'm not a DJ, but we got that record.
Speaker 8: Don't we hurry and reach out.
Speaker 4: And be mad?
Speaker 10: Every that is Lauren with the latest jury, latest litigation, all at Donkey.
Speaker 3: Of the Day is up next. If you want to give somebody Donkey of the day eight hundred five A five one oh five And what's the name of the record?
Speaker 8: The record is so be it.
Speaker 6: It's your time to nominate a donkey of your own. Remember now, that's it's how they choose. Call in now eight hundred five eight five one oh five one?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Cook from Jersey?
Speaker 3: Cook?
Speaker 7: What's up? Man?
Speaker 3: We wanna give donkey two? Brother?
Speaker 12: I give our soul card president for his birthday parade. Let me say one hundred dollars for that nobody showed up to They was out.
Speaker 7: Profess he gets the Donkey of the week.
Speaker 12: Don't you have a month?
Speaker 6: Don't you to get it?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, brother, absolutely love y'all.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this from Florida?
Speaker 3: What's up? Shelby? You wanna give donkey to day too my.
Speaker 14: Job, because this is the third time they don't mess up on my check and they don't know where they're gonna fix it or what's the issue.
Speaker 12: So this is like between five and six hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, how much they took out your check?
Speaker 4: Forty six hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Forty six that's what you said.
Speaker 14: I'm missing between five and six hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: They're not paying me for all the hours I wurd or my correct premium for overtime, and what do they say, between five and six hundred dollars?
Speaker 12: Get They don't know what the issue is. They're trying to work on it.
Speaker 7: Thank you for being understanding.
Speaker 14: They don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: That's crazy because that's a whole bill.
Speaker 13: Yeah, what do you mean it is?
Speaker 2: I know, So it's just a waiting game.
Speaker 7: I'm needed.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, mama.
Speaker 14: It's okay.
Speaker 12: Thank God for letting me get you because I've been trying to call y'all to get them.
Speaker 14: Don't git to the past few days.
Speaker 3: You want to see your company's name. Stop playing with this lady check give her her money, right, Damn you mess around to get fired.
Speaker 4: Now they're gonna remove the whole thing. Check zero next time.
Speaker 8: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Dean Queens?
Speaker 12: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Guy de Queens and part of Queens Hey Queens Villa's murdocker Springfield, what's up?
Speaker 8: Talk to us?
Speaker 3: Who are you gonna give donkey too?
Speaker 11: White people are Latino people? You just talked about it with the Ice rays. You don't want to talk about tradities and caves and all of that, especially people from New York. He's been around in my whole life, but for some reason now when you want to act like they're the worst people on earth. So either shot hold for the election or voted against our entest. He acted like stupid white people, and look at the result.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say all black and Latino people, sir. There are some people that voted for Trump enough enough enough. I wouldn't even say enough. I mean, there's a lot of Latinos that voted for Trump. But I wouldn't say enough people because the majority of people I know did not vote for Trump, sir.
Speaker 7: But I get what you That's what they said to you.
Speaker 11: That's what they said to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get what you're saying. Though, but all right, thank you, this is your donkey. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: This jewels coming now from Jessie Florida.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up? Brother? Get off your chest?
Speaker 20: Hey, yo, I'm getting d j IF and given Jess. Oh, don't kill the days because y'all sitting over there asking those questions about R. Kelly and if y'all don't want to see Arkella comes to home, Man, Kelly gonna cat home free that man they doing?
Speaker 8: Hell off?
Speaker 2: Thank you for Lawnce for doing God asking her those questions to her. Thank thank you for that DJ is it and Jess y'all lasts gonna be mad. And when y'all get to see Kelly walk through these.
Speaker 20: Dates can't freeze getting health called.
Speaker 3: That he needs.
Speaker 2: Man, y'all see everybody come home.
Speaker 7: He will be free up.
Speaker 4: I am not spearheaded the free R.
Speaker 7: Kelly.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, it ain't listen tell you that be a possic come home. You know what they're doing, man, they wouldn't kind of hold that Mack the man mad if I won they walked in, I wasn't the only one same as city. But guess what though, you black man, he being a.
Speaker 7: Just shap like old.
Speaker 14: Don't want to man.
Speaker 3: All right, you got kids, We're gonna send the right to your house for that period. So I just found out that Juvee and our very old long ros are spearheading the free Kelly movement.
Speaker 4: Why no, no, I am not no.
Speaker 8: I said, that's what you just said.
Speaker 4: That was that's what he said.
Speaker 10: He let's don't get today because he said, and you did your job. He thanks you so much for doing your job and putting it out there that this man needs to come home, say.
Speaker 5: For asking questions. All I did was ask questions of report information. I am not spearheaded no movement. I don't got none to do with that little two step on out of that. Wherever you come from, the name of the love, none to do with me.
Speaker 8: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 20: My name is Dree from Georgia.
Speaker 3: What's up? Dread from Georgia?
Speaker 8: What's upthing?
Speaker 17: What's up?
Speaker 3: Who you wanna give donkey cho?
Speaker 14: I'm gonna get a dunk Yet.
Speaker 20: Eight people that use delivery apps and they don't be tipping the driver for they come.
Speaker 12: See it, they gas turn because.
Speaker 20: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 3: You know what is I'll be honest with you Drea. I got into it with somebody the other about a month ago about this, right, and this is this is the point that I'm confused. When you order a Uber eads or door dash or any of those services, right, they put a delivery fee there, right then they put a service fee. So the delivery feed sometimes be four dollars, the service fees two dollars. That's six dollars. So now I got to pay for the food and tip and.
Speaker 10: Tax and priority if you want your food before an hour, which is also yep, it's four dollars.
Speaker 3: Don't be mad when people just throw a dollar tip because they think that you already got a four dollar delivery feed exactly, a two dollars service fee, two ninety nine priority, and you want more money like that's a lot.
Speaker 14: Coming absolutely because you're still using this app.
Speaker 17: This apps gotta pay for yourself and be your bother eating. Don't pay your your service.
Speaker 8: Who gets a delivery feet What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I'm already there sitting there and nobody gotta you know what I'm saying, nobody.
Speaker 3: Gotta go out and drive. Is in the food delivery freeze in the food?
Speaker 7: No, she said, she's sitting down already you're saying them like bills, and.
Speaker 4: You're damn right, you're paying yours too.
Speaker 3: Antent.
Speaker 20: Yeah, that's why I need sal or.
Speaker 10: You could just get another job because they ain't gonna pay you like you want to be paid.
Speaker 4: They need to break y'all off. You can't get mad at us. They need to break y'all off some more money.
Speaker 3: I don't mind tipping for service, but I do mind. I order on those apps and then you look and your meal is twenty dollars, and then they charge you four dollars delivery fee, two dollars for service fee, two nine nine for priority. What are you paying for?
Speaker 5: So when you're automatically selected tip, you change it. You put a custom tip in.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, until I get my food, then you can add more.
Speaker 4: Oh you want to see at your services?
Speaker 10: Man, I'm glad they got that nail because I used to overtip before. And then I get my food in ito's somebody else's food, or it came too late, or it's messed something missing, and I can't take the tip back. So I tip a little bit in the beginning, and depending on the service, I tip you a lot more after I could.
Speaker 4: Feel that as long as y'all tip.
Speaker 5: Some people don't tip, and I get to work at y'all where I only made money up tip, so I feel the pain.
Speaker 8: Yeah, ill never not tip.
Speaker 3: But I think people, I think servers need to really go in with Uber Eats Indoor Dash right because the fact that they charged four dollars and y'all not getting that four dollars, that's disrespectful, that's crazy, that's disrespect But anyway, donk here today eight hundred and five eighty five one five one. Charlemagne was out, so if you wanted to give donkey to day, you could have called us up now when we come back. Running for The Mayor of New York City is Michael Blake. He worked with Barack Obama. Uh and he's from Lebron So we're gonna talk to him next. Why he wants to jump into this crazy ass race in New York City, So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good Morning, The Breakfast Club, Good Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Lona Rosa is here as well. We got a special guest in the building. He's running for mayor of New York City. Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Blake. Welcome brother, it's good just going on, y'all.
Speaker 1: How you feeling, oh Man, another day above grounds of Blessed Day were rocking right now.
Speaker 8: And that's right.
Speaker 3: For people that don't know who you are in your background, give him a quick rundown of who Michael Blake is.
Speaker 1: Born and raised in the Bronx, New York Public schools K through twelve, PS. Seventy nine, one eighteen. Deal with Clinton, they go step back. Full name is Michael Alexander Blake. So for the Jamaican massive.
Speaker 3: As soon as you said Alexander, they knew exaggerated to understandt vibes. They understand what's going on out of here right now.
Speaker 1: Everybody has a Winston Larenton or Dexter and their family are here or Donovan, you know, grew up here, left went to Northwestern study journals and my mom. Blessings to my mom. Forty years she worked at a manufacturing plant, raised four boys. My dad got rest his soul. It was the jan at the Saint Barnabas and after Northwestern, you know, life was changed forever. When I was trained by this man named Barack Obama. I was one of ten in the Yes We Can program. They trained us how to run races, went out to Michigan. We won races in Michigan and then.
Speaker 3: Rocked with them.
Speaker 1: You know, life was changed from there. I always joke I was the other black man in Iowa with him right there, right and then after Iowa, seven more states went to the White House with him for two and a half years, ran all his black outreach from Nordy business Outreachi. And then I came back home because I wanted to help my people. Quite frank, I wanted to show these young cats on the block that you can grow up on the block and still make it, go to a white house and come home. Came back home, was elected to the Assembly for six years. My brother's keep a program for boys and young men of color, prompt pay bill raised the age Kale broad It was our constituent. But now I was about, you know, doing more. So I'm a husband, been, I'm a bonus father. Just having my first Father's Day is a bonus dad. So that's been a blessing right there. Much love to the father's all here. I'm a now for a mason, I'm a reverend. We decided to hear do something special.
Speaker 3: Now, Now, why'd you putting your head into this this uh, this New York City race.
Speaker 1: I think I'm the best one prepared right now. The biggest thing people are facing is affordability. You know, New York is just is crazy expensive right and at the end of the got full agreement right now, And if we want to be serious about changing the game when it comes to cost of living, then there's specific things we have to do. We have to have ending credit scores. Credit scores is being used for housing applications doesn't make sense. You know, we need to increase income limits on these housing applications as well. We need a local media and income because area median income is not working. It doesn't make any sense that you have Westchester, Suffolk and Rockland count in the calculation. That doesn't make sense at all. And then when we think about what's happening, I do believe you need to have someone who has White House, State House, local experience and I have all three because we're watching the foolishness of Trump and people are understandably scared every day, whether it be in New York or la or anywhere in between. And so I jumped in because I want to show people, Yes, you can have the next generation of black leadership. Yes you can have someone who was qualified at all the levels. Yes you can have someone who's actually focused on affordability in a very real way. And let's be clear. You got to talk about how you're gonna pay for all this, and I said, there should be a vacant apartment tax for people that are not living in New York City. We should, you know, focus on the NYPD accesses of overtime, y'all one point four billion dollars in that, you know, we can do things to actually pay the bills and actually make sure we change the game at the same time.
Speaker 6: And that's why I say to folks, you know.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for the candid who can do that, you should be ranking Michael Blake first for mayor.
Speaker 4: How did you feel about how mayor Eric Adams we're in New.
Speaker 1: York, Well, I mean I wouldn't be running if I thought he was doing his job. Mean, I mean he spent more time trying to stay at a jail than actually helping people, right, But.
Speaker 3: What do you think he did good? If anything? And what would you change immediately that you didn't like what he did?
Speaker 1: I mean, how much time we have, look, I think, how many things can you change? I mean, you have a scenario where you had unconstitutional stopping frisk on the rise. You had a culture of corruption, you had a dynamic where they were trading dynamics when it comes to ice raids for him to again stay out of jail.
Speaker 6: That's not me saying that's just the reality.
Speaker 7: You have.
Speaker 1: One out of eight New York City public school students are homeless. Cost of going up. I mean, like the list goes on on. I think that you have a scenario where there was great talent hired in I think sometimes what happens is that the very select few who made a lot of mistakes cast a shadow on everything else. You know, but you can't ignore that when you have a dynamic where people were getting promotions because of you know, sex deals at AYPD and people getting paid off. That's nonsense, right, and real talk. It makes it hard for all of us that are black, that are trying to do some things because you go in these conversations like, well, I'm not sure if the city's ready for the next thing. Oh, it is we are not him, and if we want to talk through how do we do this differently? Then you got to change the game on this.
Speaker 3: I got to ask you what the hell is cross endorsing? Right because it came out today that you are cross endorsing Zo Ryan mcdonnie. What the hell is that? That's kind of it feels like, look, we're going to battle together, but we're gonna be friends while we do it. Like, what is cross endors You break it down?
Speaker 6: That's the vibes right there.
Speaker 1: So eleven of us are Democrats running a primary? Correct because we have ranked choice voting which started four years ago?
Speaker 3: What is choice voting? For people that don't know?
Speaker 1: So in New York City you don't have to and you shouldn't just vote for one person. You should actually rank five people. So, whoever is your first choice when you go to vote, which if that means you vote in absentee or if you voting an early voting early voting and goes to the twenty second, or if you wait till the twenty fourth, your first choice you should serve went this is my first choice, your second choice, second choice, the way through because now the only way someone can win is if you get fifty percent plus one of votes, So whoever is the lowest vote getter in the first round gets knocked out. If Envy says, you know what, Michael Blake is my first choice, and then you know, Raven Robinson's my second choice, and hand is my third choice, Michael Blake gets knocked out, then Raven then gets the vote. So it actually gives the voter of New York more power because back in the day, if you only voted for one person and that person doesn't make it through a runoff, then you pretty much get done. So what we're saying right here, in particular, when it comes to Zonoran, Zonn and I talk about affordability the most right we're real clear on if we're serious about the number one issue that New York is talking about is that it is crazy expensive in the city. So who has the plans around that? And I've said, I'm making it clear I think Z's gonna be my number two. You know, I'm ranking them as my number two. You know, grateful that he is cross endorsing us as well, because he's also making it clear we got to break from the corruption of Cuomo and we got to make it clear that he can address affordability. You can do both, right, So we're gonna still figure out who's the rest of the ballot. You know, I think I'm pretty clear on the rest of that team, because you have other great candidates. You know, Adrian Adams, you know zeld No, Marie brid landa out here you know, doing everything. But I want to make it very clear in New York City, you should rank Michael Blake first, especially for all the folks out here are still trying to make the decisions. But then the cross endorsement is saying I want you to know that there are other people on the team that I also want to make sure on your ballot.
Speaker 3: It was still kicking him with Michael Blake. He's running for mayor of New York City. Why don't you like Cuomo? I mean, I've seen you take a shot to at Cuomo in his past and all the things that he did with what's your major problem with Cuomo?
Speaker 1: I mean, fifteen thousand people died in COVID nursing homes because the policies that he did. For a book deal, you had thirteen women who credibly said that he sexually assaulted them and had a toxic environment. You have a dynamic where he said shucking job in two thousand and eight and made it seem like it wasn't about Barack Obama. For Ock Obama was the only black candidate that was real in that scenario. He consistently is laying out all the bad things about other people, and it's actually not talking through what is good right here closed hospitals when it comes to addressing the mental health crisis. So like, we don't need to go back to a name because you recognize the name. It's now time to change a game. And so I'm saying, the folks, here's the difference you have. He's saying that when I talk about public safety, I'm saying there should be a thousand mental health professionals instead of NYPD, because the NYPD will tell you they weren't trained on doing that. You want to help these kids, We should have Civics, financial literacy, and mental health for every student before they graduate. You actually want to help people with their housing. Let's talk about what's going on with credit scores and income limits. And at the end of the day, Andrew Cormo, who real talk wasn't even living in New York city for a minute. I mean pretty much was in westester the whole time. Now is saying I should come back because he thinks he's the best option.
Speaker 3: NA, how could you eliminate credit scores for apartments in home ownership?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Sounds amazing, But I think you and I both know that anytime you go to fill out a loan, whether it's a housing loan, a bank loan, an apartment loan, the number one thing they check is credit score. Number two is probably your if you actually have a job and you're pay stuff.
Speaker 5: And sometimes for good reasoning too, just to see kind of like what your payment history is like and all of that stuff. Like as a like I get you answer the question first, and then I'll come because I'm thinking about.
Speaker 8: It all out.
Speaker 9: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Credit score is a recent thing that started in nineteen eighty nine. This is not something that was like back in the day, we had many ways to assess how someone was able to pay their rent and their mortgage. The notion that a credit score, which could be impacted because you missed a phone bill a credit card bill twenty years ago, is more important than are you paying your rent consistent?
Speaker 6: Or I agree with you, doesn't make any.
Speaker 3: One bad month and then it anything one bad month, somebody steals your anything happened one bad month, and your credits down in the draint. And I think that's right.
Speaker 6: And the reality is.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna actually go back to one of earlier questions, this is one of the things that Eric has done well that needs to be expand upont We're not assessing these credit scores on some of these HPD units right now in New York City. So it's not an argument that we can't do it. It's a choice. So you know, transparently. I'm on the board of Ready Life, which is where this is why I learned about it, cheered by doctor Bernice King, led by Ashley Bell, where it was like, okay, let's use some common sense. What is the best way to determine if you can pay your rent mortgage on time? Have you paid your rent mortgage on time? That's more important than did I do something? Listen, so to me, if we actually want to help more people have a chance, eliminate that completely across the board and.
Speaker 6: Then assess, okay, how do I help you? But then the second pieces you have to do. We got to increase the.
Speaker 1: Income limits on these housing applications because what's happening right now is you either have to be really rich or poor enough to get access to our home. And ain't people getting boxed out? The reason why so many people are leaving the city because housing and childcare. So to me, if there's anything that someone's trying to think through, what is the main policy I want to make happen and credit scord is when it comes to housing applications, expand that out. You do that which we know we can do because the city is doing it to a limited degree. Increase the income limits, do that and then have a local media income that out the gate changes the game. And each of those three are happening in other places. The only reason why we're not doing it right now is.
Speaker 6: Lack of leadership.
Speaker 1: And if you're asking someone, yo, right now, I'm struggling to pay these bills. I'm trying to figure out how to make this all happen. But my life is going to be impacted by something I forgot to pay twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. What's your relationship with President Barack Obama?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 6: Still my dude? You know he consistently being blessing to me what's.
Speaker 3: Been in his advice when he knows that you're running for this, because he's faced some of the things that you face it now that he was fall behind at one time, what is his opinion to you.
Speaker 1: Be very clear about why you're running and giving people choice in contrast. Right, you know that you can't just talk through big ideas. You got to make it clear to folks that there's a difference. Right, thinking about this here and we were and I there was a point where he was down like thirty. He flew in, got everybody together and he told this story about how he was at the same patrige' dy parade ran for US Senate and he was the last entering the parade. And so what that meant was that everybody was saying barakusan no. Sam was saying wow things. And you know they were a little.
Speaker 6: Drunk, so people saying wow things.
Speaker 1: A year later Saint Parade, he was a Grand Marshal and he was like, if you put in that work and you make a clear round choice in contrast, then people will remember. And I always took that and he stays with that. So when people voted for him, he said, I'm going to end the war. I'm gonna get you health care. Make it real clear on your big ideas, then everyone can rock from that. And that's why I'm being consistent in the same way when I talk through credit scores, we talked through a thousand mental health professionals, We talked through civics, because when you have so many people in the race, if you don't give people that clear choice, then the easy thing is just pick a name you've seen before, right, And he stays with me. I mean the screensaver that I have is when we brought him to the Bronx. We launched my brother's keeping lines in the Bronx, and he would joke with me. He was trying to get me a shout out. I was trying to be cool. He said, the president says, your name is stand up, get TV time. He still is in that same zone of follow the vision. Make it clear, but make it clear about choice and contrast.
Speaker 3: Okay, well get out there and vote for the last thing. Tell people why they should vote for Michael Blake.
Speaker 1: Michael Blake is the only candidate saying the truth around and then credit scores for housing applications. Michael Blake's the only one that is out here saying that we need a thousand mental health professionals instead of NYPD. Michael Blake's the only one that's saying civic, financial literacy and mental health for these kids. I'm the only one that was that truth teller on that stage, not afraid of Trump, not afraid of Cromo, not afraid of the noise. If you want want someone who has the ability to change the game at all levels, and you want the handsome Jamaican who actually comes from the Bronx right now right, who can talk about hip hop and talk about housing at the same time. I want to be your first choice. And if I'm not your first choice, I want to be your second choice. But most importantly I want to be on your ballot. That's why Michael Blake should be your mayor.
Speaker 3: All right, well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, Michael Blake. Do your research and if they want to and donate to your campaign, how can they do that?
Speaker 6: Oh man, much love on that.
Speaker 1: Go to the website Blake for NYC dot com Blake for NYC dot com. You can sign up to donate, you can sign up to volunteer. We have offices all across the city. Our headquarters in the Bronx at want Bruckna Boulevard, but we have satellite offices on five boroughs. And just again Remont and remember, everybody, fill out the ballot. Don't just rank me first. Fill out all five spots of your five choices. That makes it a point that your candid is gonna win.
Speaker 3: It's Michael Blake, It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, good luck, appreciate you, the Breakfast Club Morning. Everybody is DJ n V, Jess, Hilarry is Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the Latest with Lauren.
Speaker 7: Lauren be coming straight fast.
Speaker 3: She gets somebody that knows somebody detail.
Speaker 4: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 3: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 6: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 6: It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: So, guys, the Breakfast Club has John b saying that he regrets for criticizing Chloe Bailey over that song that she did with Gunna when she remade they don't know, We're gonna all right. So let's take a listen. John B sat down with my homegirl, Shirley Jue. Shout out to Shirley for Charlie's temple.
Speaker 3: Yes, Shirley, SHIRLEYE Young, oh.
Speaker 4: Young, Okay, okay, And I'm sure she don't look how you think, but I'll show you. Okay. Could you think she get older?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think it's gray head, big biffle glances. No, I'm gonna show you my homegirl, Charlie.
Speaker 4: She's out here.
Speaker 3: You might have to train the people who John B is. They don't know, don't know.
Speaker 4: Y'all don't know who John B is. They don't know.
Speaker 3: Just make sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm so that's the song they don't know. Yeah, wow v Okay. Well, anyway, now that y'all know who John B is, I'm sorry. I thought everyone knew. So he sat down with Charley. Let's take a listen to what he said.
Speaker 21: It does get sampled every year, you know, by someone. Last year was Gunner and Chloe Bailey. They put that that ratchet record out. I couldn't stand and I wish they never did. Actually never got my rights to do that record either. So we got a gonna we gotta holler about that that's just some business.
Speaker 3: You gotta handled it.
Speaker 21: But yeah, I mean, you know what, it's all. It's all a compliment to what we did. That's Tim and Bob compliment, that's me compliment. But at the same time, my lane is my lane, in my area is my area, and I earned that. Just like if you made a hit in your area and you know, you do the your song, whatever it is, I'm not gonna just come into your area, take your joint and make it mine.
Speaker 5: So that was not the clip that we were supposed to play, but that was important because those were the original comments that John B made that pissed people off.
Speaker 3: Correct if it were upset.
Speaker 5: Yes, he was on a R and B podcast. He had sat down and talked about this song and people were mad. They felt like that he was dragging Chloe and Gonna. So he hadn't heard the song in a wild though.
Speaker 7: Do we have it?
Speaker 8: We do have the song.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to the actual song that he is responding to.
Speaker 3: Listen to what people say, I don't know mind has Chase.
Speaker 13: Dang oh nah? Yeah, he's yeah, I get it.
Speaker 10: Maybe I'm just for the yn R and B because maybe I'm just a Chloe part of it because she's a singer, she's a vocalist. You know, maybe Gunna shouldn't have been the one that his rendition of John B.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know, but I get why he's saying that that. I get why he said it, how he said it that to hearing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So after that song and after John B was on the kN we talked R and B podcast and making those comments. We had Chloe Bailey here on the Breakfast Club and she reacted to it. Let's take a listen to her reaction. How do you deal with critiques? Because I know John B came out and that was like a whole thing when he said that you're gonna song that he remade a his they don't know was ratchet and people were upset at him for saying that, Like, how did you feel about that?
Speaker 9: John B is an incredible artist. If that song didn't exist, we couldn't sample it.
Speaker 3: So I love what Gunner and I did to it.
Speaker 9: And you know, I'm sad he feels that way, but hey, everyone has opinions.
Speaker 3: You also say he didn't didn't get cleared. I was like it had to get cleared.
Speaker 13: Yeah that Chloe said, don't ask me. Yeah, it was just a feature.
Speaker 5: So that clip right there is what John B has now responded to. Let's take a listen to John. He regrets criticizing the song.
Speaker 4: What was your reaction when you heard Chloe and gunners you and me?
Speaker 21: I regretted how I spoke on it the first time because I wasn't used to being on podcasts.
Speaker 9: First of I real lot of podcasts, so I.
Speaker 21: Was sort of new to that whole thing of speaking my truth and in a way. Yeah, but also I have a I'm really trying to represent myself in a way that I want to be.
Speaker 3: You know, recently, I was just on the podcast.
Speaker 21: The lady that interviewed me played me her reaction to her being told that I didn't like their song.
Speaker 3: It hurt me because I was.
Speaker 8: Like, man, that's that could be my daughter right there.
Speaker 6: It hit different because you know, I never.
Speaker 4: Want to come off like, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't necessarily think it comes off as a hater. It's show the record, He's saying the record. If he feels a way about the record, I mean you could talk about h remember for a long time, Kisha Cole will not clear Love. She was like, no, I'm not clearing Love. She was mad at O T. Genesis for recinging, but then when Glow really did it over, she loved it. So it's you know, if if you wrote it's your property, you could have an opinion on people remaking and stuff.
Speaker 10: And then I feel like, you know, if you're going to sample something, do it right. That's a certain way, you know what I mean. You can't stamp with something and it be trashed, and then you expect they originated to be like, oh, yeah, I'm for it.
Speaker 9: I love it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, I don't know, I just don't feel like y'all didn't like the song.
Speaker 10: No, I'm being honest with you. No, I don't like Gunner's rendition of the chorus.
Speaker 4: Yeah it can.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: I do want to mention because Charlottage asks in our clip about the sampling, so in this interview too, John b does mention that he clearly he said that they did reach out for the sample to be clear, but it was once it was already out, and he said that his issue with that was that he likes to, like you said, he just likes to know what's happening.
Speaker 4: He likes to for sure.
Speaker 5: But yeah, so you know that's us getting some things going again as always.
Speaker 3: All right, well that is the latest with Laura. Now let's get to the mix. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Uh, We're gonna start off with this clips record right. This is Alauren exclusive, not an MVY exclusive. Ye, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning Wake.
Speaker 6: You're like into the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: NV.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now. I want to salute to everybody in Winnipeg. I'm gonna be in Winnipeg on Friday. That's Canada, so I'm gonna be DJ out there. I haven't been out there in a while, so I'm excited about that. And then I'm heading up to Albany on Saturday. So I'm all over the place this weekend. I'm back outside this summer busy. I'm back outside this season.
Speaker 4: The girls ain't got danced, the kids ain't got socked.
Speaker 3: You side, no more soccer Dad outside free outside this wee get you.
Speaker 10: I am ill being Buffalo, New York at the Helium Comedy Club. You got two shows on Friday and two shows on Saturday. Get your tickets if you have not yet. Vi P is almost sold out for both nights.
Speaker 5: I'm doing meet and greet at the late shows on each night, so that's a nine o'clock show on Friday, nine thirty show on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Get your tickets if you haven't yet.
Speaker 10: And I want to give a big shout out to my event I had yesterday, Dad's on the Green.
Speaker 9: It was it was a success. Shout out to Fultam Bank.
Speaker 10: They had a great team come out and educate and inform dads on financial literacy. Man of Dispensary was also another one of my sponsors. They doing a lot of great things in the community. And the Operation Hope, a team member from Operation Hope came to you know, help entrepreneurs with business coaching, the small business loans and things like that. And we had a lot of dads, man, a lot of dads who needed that.
Speaker 8: It was dope, man.
Speaker 10: A lot of guys bought their dads and the older guys man to watch them dance. My dad, my husband's dad came out and I had I even had like a couple of people share their stories.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 13: It's a lot of things that.
Speaker 10: Fathers are going through man, so you know, just when you shouting out the moms, don't forget the dads.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 13: Yeah, definitely all right.
Speaker 4: Places this weeking too, where you at Low Loan?
Speaker 14: I know?
Speaker 4: Places?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Court weekend now, no weekend. No, I'm actually an Envy hood. I'm in Queens.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna be working with the Rockaway YMCA organization. And this is Saturday, June twenty first, so Rockaway YMCA and Child Center of New York they're doing an HBCU homecoming like community day for all of the communities.
Speaker 4: I'll be there hosting that.
Speaker 5: And then this weekend, I'm excited about this HBCU Week, which is an organization that sends kids to colleges on full ride scholarships created by black women. Shout out to Ashley Christopher's honored me at the HBCU Week Award gala. Mee, Anthony Anderson and a few other people as well will be there, so shout out to them. And the gala raises money for the scholarships in the organization itself, so we'll be there so.
Speaker 3: And salute to everybody that's celebrating Juneteenth. I know Lauren and I are hosting a panel at the American Dream on Thursday for June team, so it's salute to the American Dream. And then I'm heading the Queens a park that I grew up in Roy Wilkins Park. They're doing like a whole huge celebration. Is free for everybody out there. They're gonna have jumpies, they're gonna have performances. I'm gonna DJ, and I'm bringing a bunch of special guests with me to perform out there, just for the kids. It's absolutely positively free. So I know bass Wag is one of the artists of a break. It's a bunch of people in town. Luca Kaz, I'm gonna bring a bunch of Queen's artists and a bunch of people just from New York to coming and do something special for the kids. So I'm ana DJ. Let me have a lot of fun. That's this Thursday out at Roy Wilkins Park. So I can't wait to see you guys going back home to my borough of Queens. Now you got a positive note I do.
Speaker 10: Let's stand together in solidarity. What they're gonna do if we all stop paying our sex as y'all buggs it was just hilarious.
Speaker 7: That wasn't d.
Speaker 4: Just got a job. I'm paying all my I'm just sitting down on business on that one.
Speaker 3: That was a quote. It wasn't mine.
Speaker 13: It came from somebody I know.
Speaker 8: So Breakfast Club, you're feelished, yochda