Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya ret An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are screwed rubbing in.
Speaker 1: That indeed we are, Becca Tilly, do you know what what I feel like?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a good day. Do you know why?
Speaker 4: Tell me?
Speaker 3: Because the vest is on.
Speaker 1: The vest is on, and I feel like my best self in this vest.
Speaker 3: You feel your best in your vest.
Speaker 4: I feel my best in my vest.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a would you say it's like a security blanket.
Speaker 4: It's funny.
Speaker 1: It feels to me like a like a sleeping bag, you know. And it's been if you're not listening in Los Angeles, it's been June gloomy, and it's been cold. It's just been cold. And so for me, if I walk out of the house with just a little T shirt on, I'm freezing. I put this bad boy on and I'm like Superman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's only covering like the the center of your body.
Speaker 3: Your arms are exposed.
Speaker 1: Yes, But you know what's interesting when I wear puffer like I have puffer jackets that.
Speaker 4: Are like have sleeves.
Speaker 3: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: I get a little too warm in those. Having your armpits exposed is the key.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, she's a vest queen.
Speaker 4: She's a vest queen. I should get it in more colors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 4: I got an Amazon invested too.
Speaker 1: It's like not like an expensive little piece and I wear it all the time.
Speaker 4: I should get it in white and brown and.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can't wait to see them view and new colors evolution, same fit, different colors exactly. But it has been uh quite dreary, and I do feel like it's taking a toll on me. I didn't think I needed the sun as much as I really need the sun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a mental thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it makes sense, like I think people are really really going through it with seasonal depression these days. Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm at that point, but I do feel like I would love like a warm, sunny feeling on my face.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get it in a couple of days, I think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: They say the before the weather app I've been like to before.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, I will tell you that, Uh, I am the owner, proud owner.
Speaker 3: I hate this thing on the back of our phones, like just triggered me.
Speaker 1: I know, I am the proud owner of a chic squatty potty.
Speaker 3: Now, oh my gosh, whoa, it's wood.
Speaker 1: It's Woodn't it folds so that I don't have to have it on my potty?
Speaker 4: Yes, he did.
Speaker 1: After he saw the social media posts from last week's episode.
Speaker 4: He bought me this.
Speaker 3: Bad boy is so romantic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, romance, aid its finest, you know.
Speaker 2: No, seriously, like that is so thoughtful. And he got He didn't get you an ugly plastic line.
Speaker 3: He got you. She like, y'all should get it engraved what I was talking about. We have these.
Speaker 2: You can hold yours up these like octo. Mine's an octo, buddy?
Speaker 4: What is your mind's a sticky grippy?
Speaker 2: Is it to like stick on to it on like a mirror so you can film? But to be honest, sometimes mine slides.
Speaker 4: Well you can't just stick it on any surface. Yeah, oh it does. Yeah, and so mine is not mine is stuck like met you okay, and.
Speaker 2: Then but then if you set it down on any surface, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Thought it was like a fidget thing like like no, yeah, like a little bubble popper.
Speaker 3: I prefer that this is not it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyways, that's my review on that, And now I'm just stuck with the case.
Speaker 3: It gets stuck to every surface, so I gotta switch on it.
Speaker 1: It's been so helpful for me. Have you not noticed that I've been like doing more mirror videos.
Speaker 2: I haven't noticed, but I will pay attention attention next time, so much better.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love this little sticky grippy.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Maybe I should switch brands. Maybe I got the wrong brand of mine.
Speaker 4: Does not slide?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sticks? Okay, okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm listening.
Speaker 4: I'll do the link.
Speaker 3: I wait, I saw you at Okay.
Speaker 4: So, first of all, what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 3: Just same old, same old, same old, just living chilling.
Speaker 4: No news is good news.
Speaker 3: Do I have any news?
Speaker 4: Have you been watching Love Island?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, what's going on there? Tell me?
Speaker 4: I'm loving this?
Speaker 3: He's datings together?
Speaker 2: Are Mitchell and uh Mollie still together?
Speaker 4: So funny you ask?
Speaker 3: They are?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Actually, well, they didn't really break up, but he basically said because she wants to stay open, and he's like, I feel like you're not giving.
Speaker 3: Me the respect that I'm giving you.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you, so like, if you want to date other people, that's fine, and if you come back to me and I'm still here, then that's fine. But I'm not going to like partake and be giving you all of me when your like head is turning all over.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's what I just watched the other day.
Speaker 4: I'm like, one episode behind.
Speaker 2: Is she into anyone else? Or she's just like, oh, I want to be open to the possibility of someone coming.
Speaker 1: She's open like this one guy just came in took her on a date and she's like kind of into him. And then this other guy like kissed her in a challenge and she's like.
Speaker 4: Ooh he's cute.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Wow, that's the whole thing, you know, bigger better syndrome. Everybody just wants bigger better. She's got a great guy in front of her, but she wants bigger better.
Speaker 2: That's so sad. We actually, uh, Temptation Island is back long. We should have Mark back in the studio. I love Mark.
Speaker 4: I like Mark too.
Speaker 3: You just like him?
Speaker 4: I love him?
Speaker 3: Yes, I said I love him and he said I like him? Which Mark Wahlberg Mark Mark Mark al Wahlberg, the host of Temptation Island.
Speaker 2: We love but the show started again this jew watch it We watched last night, followed by Jojo and Jordan's new show, The Big D talk about just absolute chaos and like just bringing your Well, The Big D's different because they're already divorced, and so do you know the concept of it.
Speaker 4: They're divorced and then they're like dating other people.
Speaker 2: So they're in they're living in a house with other divorced couples, but they're basically like watching their ex and they're in the same room to sleep for.
Speaker 4: This is what I want to know. That's like what I need to know.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the this is It's actually an interesting social experiment in my opinion, because you would imagine that people who have been divorced for a good amount of time like these aren't people like a couple of weeks off of divorce. This is like months to years divorced, and you would think that they would be at a point where they're like, Okay, I want to see you move on, and I'm ready to move on, like let's have this experience, you know, and they you can tell it's really hard for people to watch who felt certain that maybe this wasn't their person, to watch them have experiences with someone else or or maybe be a better version of themselves with someone else. Like imagine all you wanted was for your your husband or wife to do blah blah blah, and they wouldn't do it story for someone else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a crab.
Speaker 3: I it's like a mental But that's.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying. Who is signing up for? This is what I need to know?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: And same with Temptation Island, Like I'm like, who.
Speaker 3: Is Temptation Island? Yeah, I'm just like this is Doomsville. Yeah, everyone who goes on Now, I'm like, you're doomed.
Speaker 4: Some couples make it, though it's very well not.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying not make it, because some people will choose to be like, yeah, I went to this experience and I learned that I wanted to leave with you, but they still like end up. Well, is it called cheating if you're on the show, I don't know, they end up hooking.
Speaker 3: It's not when you're on that show.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the whole point is not to give into temptation or to give in and break up, yeah, or to be like, Okay, who I came with is in the person for me? Yeah, I don't know. I for one will not be signing up for any of those shows.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: No, Hayley would like look at someone in a certain way, and I'd be like, who is she?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would not like that. Not for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you and I would not thrive there. No me. My past self was my past.
Speaker 4: Self, the old version of Becca.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was a cool gal. I miss her. Do you miss her? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 4: She was so like chill, yeah, unfazed Hanna.
Speaker 3: I was like Hannah at one point. I miss her.
Speaker 2: Hannah makes me miss her a lot because I'm like Hanna's reminds me so much of how I was when I was dating.
Speaker 3: Anything someone did, I'd be like, and.
Speaker 4: But why do you miss her?
Speaker 3: She was so cool? Hanna is so cool cool. I have no feelings. I wish I had more feelings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I thought that too. Just wait, I hope what happened to me? I hope you can hold on to some of your cool.
Speaker 3: Is so sad. I have like a devil and an angel on my shoulder now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my feelings, My feelings.
Speaker 3: Are so beautiful. No, I love feelings, but I wish I had that.
Speaker 4: I wish you could feel less.
Speaker 2: I mean, guess some of the independence that I felt during that you have never felt that, So.
Speaker 3: You don't know. You don't know what it's like to miss it.
Speaker 4: Never felt it.
Speaker 3: You're unfamiliar with the independence.
Speaker 4: It's unfamiliar Territoryhy.
Speaker 2: It's probably blissful for you because you know nothing else. For me, I'm like, I have something to to look back on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like that felt safe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now you feel unsafe.
Speaker 3: No, it's like you could get you know, that's the heartbroke, heart broke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the whole thing.
Speaker 3: That's that is the risk of falling in love.
Speaker 4: But that is the beauty.
Speaker 1: And the sadness and the dichotomy of life.
Speaker 4: You just don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I also realized that I.
Speaker 4: Love.
Speaker 3: I also felt like I had control at that point.
Speaker 2: Correct, And now that you're out of control when you fall in love, you lose that sense of control.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's that too, And it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's like you're like floating and flying, but are you going to have a hard landing?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's getting really dark. But it's getting really dark in here.
Speaker 2: But you know what, No, I'm just saying that that is like there's there that you're right. Dichotomy is a great word for it.
Speaker 1: It is interesting though, because I feel like, you know, we are at a place just in society in general as women, where like before, let's say fifty years ago, even probably less women had to get married in order to like buy a house and to open and have a credit card and all these things. But like we're at a place now where we as women we can be alone forever. We don't need a partner to do anything in life, right, Like we can have a sperm donor to have a baby, Like we don't need any we don't need a man. And it's interesting because I know some people that feel that way, like they're like, I feel like a man's gonna slow me down in my career. I feel like a man's gonna slow me down, like in the way that I parent, to be able to parent my child the way that I want to, I don't want to compromise in that. And there's so much beauty in that. But then there's also so much beauty with like going through life with somebody, you know what I mean, and like working through those things with somebody.
Speaker 4: So it's like they're they're equally both beautiful in their own way.
Speaker 2: This is the path you choose, is this is the grasses greener thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean it's in every aspect of our lives. It's getting a pet knowing also, I wanted to acknowledge Marty because we didn't. We haven't paid our respects to Marty, and I wanted to say that. I even thinking about that with Phoebe.
Speaker 3: I can barely go there. So I wanted to say sorry, because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a poodle out my wife and I named Marty for the last like seven years, and we said goodbye to him recently about a month ago, a couple weeks ago, and it was, you know, sorry, having a pet with someone is. Marty was there through all of our big Like we got him right when we moved in together, so he was like around when we got engaged and are getting married and buying our house, and like we were watching videos of like when we bought the house we let Marty into, like like oh you have a backyard now, and like we watching videos of him like runing around the house. And that was really hard because we've saw so much of our relationship in like represented by this like fifteen pound poodle. So it was he hasn't been doing very well the last couple of years, so we thought it was the right thing to do. But it's still very hard. And thank you for saying something. It's very nice of you and all as scrubbers sent me nice messages. Yeah, I thought Marty, but you know you guys both have dogs. You know you know that.
Speaker 1: I didn't bring it up because I don't think I could. I would not want to talk about it. I would literally just shove it into a dark hole, like literally like thinking about it when you were like posting about it and I reach out to you guys, I can't even imagine that, Like I literally can't and I'm like getting teara I just like thinking about it. So I'm sorry, And if you like don't want to talk about it, no.
Speaker 5: It's we I like we took like that entire weekend and we just like sadden it, you know, like, uh, it's it's so hard because when you get an animal like that, that's guarantee. Like yes, when we first got Marty, we were like so in love with him and we're both started talking like oh god when he when he dies it's gonna be a rough day, and Allison said, they're they're beautiful. Little tragedy is waiting to happen.
Speaker 4: That's what that's that's so dark.
Speaker 5: And so someone tweeted I saw a couple of years ago saying, like buying a dog is the happiest day when you're like just guaranteeing you're gonna be absolutely devastated like later on down the red Uh, but uh, the memories we have with him will always be there. And we have so many videos of that, of that little dog, and uh, you know, it's it's it's hard. It's hard being sad about something that you Usually when you're sad and you don't want something to happen, you're like, I will do anything in my power to make this not happen. But he was so it was it was we called this, Uh there's a service that comes to your house to do it, and they were really sweet and they were saying, like, this is the most compassionate thing you can do, because he's just gonna be in more pain. He's being more uncomfortable, like he was sleeping like almost all day when he was like he's had this cough for like a year. We've taken him to every specialist in town, like everyone knows Marty around something California, because we've just brought him everywhere and we could not fix it. I think he had a tumor in his nose. But it was one of those things where I'm like, this is the right thing to do, this is the right thing to do. I'm so sad about it, but this is the right thing to do. And that was something I hadn't really dealt with before, like you know, like not like making a decision and feeling good, like feeling like it's the right thing to do, but feeling so it feels like when you're breaking up with someone, you know, like when you're like, oh, I have to break up with this person. I'm so sad about it, but I know that, like this is the right thing to do.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine just put her dog down, and she said the same thing because like he had dementia and so his body was like physically okay, but he was just completely gone and like his life was just like a horrible life that he was living, and so she'd made the choice to put him down. But again, it was that same thing of like you have to make that choice for them, and it's because they can't speak, they don't you know, and so it's like so hard and you just carry a.
Speaker 4: Lot of guilt and like I just can't imagine.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, yeah, this nice woman came to our house and like I saw her like getting out of the car and walking up, I just started slobbing asously like parked the car. But uh, but it was it was really special, Like he got to be you know, he was in his own bed and like we were like as we were saying goodbye to him, was like we were like petting his head. But uh, but he's he's very missed. But we're excited to be able to go out of town with having to get a babysitter worry about someone whizzing all over our carpet. That's nice, but but Marty's very very missed. And thank you for the kind words.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to acknowledge the goodest boy.
Speaker 5: He's such a good boy.
Speaker 3: But that's life, That's what I'm saying. It is.
Speaker 2: It's like the highs you're you're setting, it's like you are taking the risk of heartbreak. And I know it sounds depressing, but just life and it's the beauty of it you beauty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's just so beautiful it is.
Speaker 3: There's beauty and love, and there's beauty and pain.
Speaker 2: It's like you get one when you lose someone trying.
Speaker 4: It's hard to find the beauty of pain.
Speaker 5: But there's a quote I love, which is what is grief if not love? Perseverance? And that is spoken by the vision from one Division. It's from a marvel thing. But I thought that was beautiful.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like when you lose, when someone dies or you lose someone in your life and you're grieving that loss, and it's like, oh, this is just love continuing on. And I think that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 1: I tell Sunny now, she's one years old, one year old, and I'm like, you're gonna live forever well.
Speaker 3: And she might, Yes, she will, and she will will.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take a break now, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right back.
Speaker 2: I would just like y'all to know that during the break, Tanya had a Debbie down her moment too.
Speaker 3: Mine are just caught on the mic.
Speaker 4: Caught on the mic a lot too, young lady.
Speaker 2: We have a riveting host chat today that reads long denim skirts.
Speaker 3: Do you need one for the summer. Tanya.
Speaker 1: First of all, I would like to say the two things that are on the host chat were provided by me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to wing it more.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm not a wing winger.
Speaker 1: I'm not a winger, but uh, I have been seeing a lot of these long denim skirts out on the social media.
Speaker 4: On the social media, and it's like, I'm going to order one.
Speaker 1: So I ordered one and it came in it was like three quarter length, yeah, and I was like, I feel like that's not it.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, it's not about the three quarters, it's the full.
Speaker 4: Length, long one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I feel good about my choice to return that today.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she didn't work.
Speaker 1: She didn't work, but I want a long one, even though I feel like a complete nerdler wearing it.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they're very cute.
Speaker 2: I definitely think it's a trend for sure, but it's like, why not join in? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know, if I'm not trendy, you can't beat them, follow them. I miss trend. Imagine the white buffer with the.
Speaker 4: White crop top with the denim skirt. That's the vibe.
Speaker 2: Ali wore one to work the other day and I was talking, really, uh, move there's not a lot of movement. She was like, I'm just kind of scooting around. I'm pretty like locked in.
Speaker 1: So I was messaging her about it too, because I was like, mine's really big. I feel like I should size it down. She goes, no, no, no, you want that extra room. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know. You used to buy your clothes like weirdly large. Tanya would Tanya, you have come.
Speaker 3: A long way. Because thank you, you're welcome, because that's called growth. G r o w h. Thank you for spelling it out.
Speaker 2: We would go shopping for like a iHeart event, and it was I love spending time with you, but it was dreadful. It was a dreadful experience because, first of all, just the things she picked out. I was like, my god, like, this can't She's got it. There's gotta be a joke here. And then she would try it on and she'd be like, yeah, this fits perfect, and I'd be like, let me see, and she'd come out and it would have like an inch gap in her waist and I'm like, that does not fit and she's like, but it's come and I'm like, well, yeah, like my sweats are comfortable, but like we're not you're you're here, we're looking snatch, like we're trying to look like sexy on the.
Speaker 3: Carpet, not like comfortable.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: I'm yeah, you can go on.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm beyond and my style beyond.
Speaker 4: Which is great now. Huh. Yes, yeah, I realize I have like two modes.
Speaker 1: It's like goblin or or like really cute sexy sexy sexy goblin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I don't have like an in between. And it's so funny.
Speaker 1: Bechoes over the other night for the barbecue, just the three of us, and Robbie.
Speaker 3: Was like, I think you need no.
Speaker 2: No, I'm gonna defend him here because no, I know, I know it wasn't it's you.
Speaker 3: Were talking about.
Speaker 2: You were like, I feel like I only wear sweats, like I never get cue and or I'm like dressed up for dinner or something.
Speaker 3: But like my everyday look at work is just like sweats.
Speaker 1: I don't wear Like I don't wear jeans and a T shirt or like cute little heels to work, like I'm either blah or or like hot.
Speaker 3: Mind you. This is when I thought this was a full barbecue.
Speaker 2: So I came in jeans and like booties and was like a little more dressed.
Speaker 3: And Robbie's like, yeah, like I.
Speaker 2: Think you need like a what is make I.
Speaker 3: Was like, excuse me, what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the look that shot over him he was not facing us.
Speaker 3: But the look Tanya gave him out to I was like, and but no, no.
Speaker 1: It's true because he's like, babe, you've been talking about it for like forever. He's like, you always talk about it. How you just feel you're wearing the same thing every day? And I'm like, you know, he's right, Like I complained to him, like every day you.
Speaker 3: Complain to anyone who will listen.
Speaker 2: You literally imagine all your texts are Yeah.
Speaker 1: But but I and yet I don't put in the effort because I think the thing is I don't want to waste my time putting things together in the morning.
Speaker 4: I'd rather just like get up and go.
Speaker 3: What if you did it at night before you went to sleep, That's what I.
Speaker 1: Already do before I go to sleep. I put my clothes in the bathroom because I slither into the bathroom as to not wake him up. So I do already do it the night before. But I just put on a pair of sweats. My underwear bral.
Speaker 3: Just put it jeans, a shirt and boots.
Speaker 4: Jeans are so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Okay, well see this is this is this is.
Speaker 4: The pickle, the dichotomy of my life.
Speaker 2: The economy is the word of the episode that tracks we should do like a word of the episode where like we like, we're like to see if you can find.
Speaker 3: The word of one episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine, that is fun. So we'll start it next interactive interactive. Yeah, and then Facebook group you can let us know what you think the word was.
Speaker 2: Then and the winner gets a shout out.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gonna come with the you know what, I'm okay, Maybe because I'm turning thirty six soon, I can have a makeover for my thirty sixth year of life.
Speaker 2: The thing is, it's you know what style you like, like you and you know how to dress cute. Like there was a time where maybe that was an excuse, like oh I don't know what to wear, but you do because you put outfits together.
Speaker 4: So I buy clothes that fit me. Now you buy clothes that.
Speaker 3: Fit you, So I think it's more.
Speaker 2: Maybe I go through this with Haley too, where she'll have an outfit on and I'm like, that looks so cute, and she's like, but these shoes are really uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I'm going to change and I'm like.
Speaker 2: No, like the shoes make the whole outfit, like we're barely going to be standing. And she's like oh, And it's just like I'm so opposite minded where I'm like, Okay, if I'm uncomfortable for a couple of hours, like I'll be fine. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's so interesting.
Speaker 1: It's I think maybe the pandemic is what like screwed me because I was used to just being in sweats and like comfortable every day. That now, the thought of wearing jeans to sit and work for five hours, it's like not even a thing.
Speaker 2: It didn't make you want to dress up more. No interesting, I think it was one one way or the other for people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know that's just what it's going to be. When you get the new colors in the vest, you're gonna be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it's gonna be like a renaissance of style. My style.
Speaker 2: M hm, well I what I for one am here colutely looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Oh and then put the best is that he Robbi follows it up with like, Tanya, I think you need to make over Becca.
Speaker 4: You have a really good sense of style.
Speaker 2: Like He's like Becca's really got her style, Like she's like cool and like has her her look.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was like thanks.
Speaker 3: It was awkward.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's just the three of us here, so let's just uh keep this train moving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh what are you looking for?
Speaker 2: I had something on my phone that I was gonna talk about. I couldn't remember, but I just remember something. So that night, Robbie cooked like a full branzina fish and a steak, and I was like very inspired because it was so delicious. And you know, Haley has a lot of food allergies, so I clearly eat and I'm by myself, I eat whatever I want. But when she's home, she's like likes to cook because going out to eat is a whole thing because the allergies. And so I was like, you know what, I'm gonna try and cook one of these branzinos for Haley. And Robbie is like, you can go to Italy, which is like a restaurant slash market and they have like it already prepared and everything, So I go, okay, I can do this.
Speaker 3: The hardest part is just going to the store.
Speaker 2: So I go the store and I get the Branzina, I get a bottle of wine. I'm like getting fresh veggies. I'm just like, I'm feeling confident at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then they had these Lingo steams, which is like a glorified, huge shrimp looking thing.
Speaker 3: It's so scary.
Speaker 1: I would never I think Robbie just we did lango scene for the first time last year.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I was I saw them at the market, You like, I have to have them.
Speaker 3: Well, Haley loves them. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't eat them, but when we go to certain when we go to offer, she loves them.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's like, I'm gonna get some Lingo steams and whip them up for So I asked the guy. I'm like asking the guy, Okay, so how do I cook these? And he goes, I just boil them. It's the easiest. And he was like, I boil them.
Speaker 3: I thought.
Speaker 2: He said thirty to forty minutes. I was thinking, dang, that is a long time.
Speaker 4: I feel like you don't boil anything for thirty to five.
Speaker 3: I was shocked.
Speaker 2: I was just like, wow, that is an intense process for the LNGO steam. So I go home and I'm like, all right, I'm gonna get things prepped.
Speaker 3: And I get the.
Speaker 2: First I text Robby and Tanya and I'm like, do I need to do anything with this fish? Just like a full dead fish laying on the thing, and I'm like traumatized staring at it, and I'm like, do I do anything with this or just.
Speaker 3: Put in the oven? And Rob's like, no, like put oil on in seize it. And I'm like, so I'm having to.
Speaker 2: Touch the fish and I'm like rubbing oil on it, and I'm like, oh my god, nightmare, nightmare. So I'm like I get the fish situated, like thank god.
Speaker 3: I texted them and then the guy and so oh.
Speaker 2: Also the guy said when he boiled the LINGO steams, he was like, as soon as they rise, that's when you know they're done. So I set the timer for thirty minutes for the LNGO steams, and about like five minutes in they rise to the top and I'm like whoa, whoao what? So I start googling frantically, like how long do you boil LNGO steins? Every single one says three to four minutes and I'm like, oh, okay, so I'm texturing rob.
Speaker 4: Very quick shrimp is like you can't end like they cook very quick.
Speaker 2: Oh And I sent a photo of them in the boiling hot water and Robbie's like, did you like take the guts out and like cut them?
Speaker 3: And I was like nope, sure didn't it.
Speaker 2: So I'm just like, well, those are ruined, so I take them out as fast as I can. I'm like, hey, sorry, the LNGO steins might be overcod.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know anything about these things. So anyways, it was chaotic.
Speaker 2: It ended up being a delicious meal somehow, some by some miracle, and I felt very I felt very capable.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like Robbie really made me feel capable. He was really walking me through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So nice.
Speaker 3: So that was a that was a win.
Speaker 4: That was quite the journey of a night.
Speaker 1: It was so funny because we were getting played by plays and our text thing and like back he was like, did you google how long to put in the fish to put in the oven? She's like no, I'm just gonna wing it. I'm like, you can't just wing fish, because like fish cooks are really quick and they're all so different.
Speaker 3: On the oven, it was like twenty minutes. It was yeah, fish the fish.
Speaker 4: Oh weird, salmon's like twelve.
Speaker 5: The branzino being serving it with the head on, yeah, is like so intimidating to me.
Speaker 1: But it's like the thing right now, I feel like doing a whole fish is like I don't kidding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you eat the head?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I think some people I do think can't you? I mean you can, I know because like eyeballs and stuff have like protein or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like people eat exclusively fish heads really well. I mean.
Speaker 2: But once we got on the table, Heley's like, do you want me to remove like the spine and the bones for you? And I was like, please, like a kid, like cut up my fish for me because Daddy's not here to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, Daddy was not there.
Speaker 2: He was sure only over text he was there, and that didn't do Daddy couldn't do much for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow, well, proud of.
Speaker 3: You, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: There is like I do love cooking at home. I love I like preparing my food for myself for some reason.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there's some yeah, being able to provide a good food for yourself is like a great accomplishment.
Speaker 1: When I I remember, like when I was single, I would always just like go to Whole Foods. I was like the queen of the salad bar. I would get like their tuna like some you know whatever. Like I was the queen of just like meal buying so for one, Like I was always like, yeah, eating out for one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think that's I think that's normal because I think a lot of times like portions are made for two people at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like hello fresh, I tried to order.
Speaker 2: I just wanted for me because again, Haley's allergies. It's like, I don't know if she can have a lot of this stuff. And the only options for two people, I'm like, what's your single right?
Speaker 4: What about the single people in the world.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying. I did like having leftover sometimes, so I.
Speaker 1: Do, like, yeah, yeah, we always do that. We always cook more so that I can have leftovers the next day.
Speaker 3: Y'all are just on it.
Speaker 2: You get your situation locked, locked and loaded. And yeah, did you see I sent you the video of Hillary Burton and Jeffreydine Morgan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we really want to have them on the podcast. So if anybody knows Hillary.
Speaker 2: Button, yeah, we really want Hillary Burton eastn.
Speaker 5: I'll send some texts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she knows Hillary Burton around here.
Speaker 3: I just love to you know.
Speaker 2: I was like a loyal one Tree Hill Watcher until like maybe the last two seasons, but I was like obsessed with it from the beginning. And then Hillary was on Gray's Anatomy. Remember she interfered with Arizona and Callie's relationship. And then she is married to Denny Duquette Jeffredine Morgan.
Speaker 4: You know how I feel about him.
Speaker 2: And they're obsessed with each other, like the way they look at each other on the red carpet.
Speaker 3: Does she talk about him on their podcast all the time? Is she just in love? Like, is she just like enamored by him or is she like and how many.
Speaker 4: Kids did they have?
Speaker 5: They have two?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: And every now and again he'll stop by and we do the Drama Queen's podcast with them and an iHeartRadio podcast and some name still stop by and just like wave into the camera. And it's so fun to see him because he's a walking dead too, Like he's like, yeah, yeah, he's he's cool as hell. She's I did not watch One Tree Hill like I I've seen like half of an episode. But she is so funny and so her stories are so great. She's just the best.
Speaker 1: She wasn't funny on the show, so you know what's crazy. I was obsessed with One Tree Hill, like I was in that cult. Like I watched it. I've seen every single episode. I couldn't tell you one plot line. Like it's almost like the show from the.
Speaker 3: Show really yeah, but from the beginning.
Speaker 4: From none of it.
Speaker 1: Like I remember Brooke Davis, I remember her name and that she dated Chad Michael Murray's character, and yeah, but like I can't tell you, and I think, like, wow, I know it's kind of art that time.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But the same with Vampire Diaries. I was obsessed with the Vampire Diaries. I watched every single episode of that show, and I could maybe, like I could tell you a little bit about like Nina.
Speaker 4: Doe Brem's love triangle, and like that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Remember when Haley Kyoko was on Vampire Diaries. Nope, she died in one episode.
Speaker 4: Well that's kind of what happened.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 3: Goes. I just saw Haley's episode of Vampire Diaries Gone Too Soon.
Speaker 1: It's like one episode, but I feel like it's kind of concerning that I don't remember much.
Speaker 5: I know what you mean, Like like I've seen Friday Night Lights like two times, all the way through, and I love It's one of my favorite shows. But like I realized, like, oh god, I don't really remember what it's been like, you know, five years since I've watched it now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this has been like happened twenty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's been a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was a freshman. So maybe I revisit One Tree Hill.
Speaker 5: You should, and you should follow along with the drama Queen's podcast. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting about these like refollow or follow along, these like companion podcasts, these rewatch podcasts. I don't like watching television on like a somebody else's schedule, do.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: You can't tell me and watch when you can't tell me, I.
Speaker 4: Want to watch what episode I want to watch? I want to watch it when I want to watch.
Speaker 3: Is that what they do? Like they're like this week we're watching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they go in order, and I don't like that.
Speaker 2: You're a wild, wild girl, and you don't like to be told what to do. Yeah, at the patriarchy.
Speaker 4: Don't tell me I'm a modern woman, like Taylor says.
Speaker 3: She's a modern woman.
Speaker 4: She says, F the patriarchy and the ten minute version of all.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm very familiar with that, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Someone yelled that out during our weddings. You were there during one of My friend Matt was giving a speech at our wedding and someone yelled out, F the patriarchy. This girl, it was someone you knew, someone we knew. That was insane.
Speaker 3: A wedding invite regret.
Speaker 5: Yes, not just wedding, a bridesmaid regrets.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely that case. But she yielded out. This is long before the old two ten minute.
Speaker 4: Ahead of the time.
Speaker 3: Actually Taylor heard that from her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she got the idea.
Speaker 5: Someone posted It's like, hey, you know what, she has a point.
Speaker 3: That's devastating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wedding regrets. You might pick your brain about that at some point, Please do just learn, you know, learn from Yeah.
Speaker 3: What what what could it hurt? What could it hurt?
Speaker 4: I mean just knowledge is power, you know.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll be right back with emails. All right, we are back. Easton is on the emails today, take it away.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. This first one is from Kirstan. Kirsten one of the two, so this question is sort of more for Becca regarding same sex relationships. I'm twenty nine. I just started dating women for the first time, and wow, why did I wait so long? Lol? But something I feel like I never had to worry about before is a partner and their friendships and being worried about potential hookups. For example, the I'm seeing drove three hours to see a female friend for the weekend. She assured me it was just a friend, but it's hard to even think about her, like sleeping in the same bed as a friend, and my jealousy sets in. I have female friends who I do the same with, share beds if we're on a ship together, and would never try to get with them. But how do you get over that insecurity? Like when Becka went on that friendship a few months ago, I ago I couldn't help, But wonder does Haley feel some type of way? Or with Haley on tour, do you get jealous and how do you handle it? I know this is probably more about deep rooted issues I have, but it's all new to me. Any advice, love you go some much Day One.
Speaker 2: Listener, This is honestly, like, I think you're valid. I don't think you're crazy for feeling this way because it's all of it's very new, and you're probably feeling things that you've never felt before for the first time, so you're having to navigate a lot of things at once that feel new and a little unfamiliar. I think it's just reconciling that, like when I have to do this all the time when I think about it, because it is different. Like there are certain things where like if Tanya's talking about something Robbie did, or I'm talking about something Haley did, I'm like, oh, like, regardless of the gender of your partner, that's wrong or that's right, whatever it is. But there are certain things when you're in a same sex relationship where you go, okay, that is different because obviously Haley has friends that are women. I have friends that are women. I don't think of any of my friends in that way. And I would like Tanya and I would go on a trip and share a bed and not even think twice about it.
Speaker 3: I know Hailey wanted to think twice about it.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting because like if I went on a trip with a guy and shared a bed with him that a friend that was a friend, I'd probably be like, oh, that's not cool with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think it's more just having conversations and being like open to being vulnerable enough to have the conversation like, Hey, I'm navigating this for the first time, and this is how I feel about it, Like, can you give me some reassurance because I know that you're allowed and obviously I want you to have friendships, but I just want to feel safe in this relationship knowing that you drove three hours to see someone and what does that mean? Or you know, when you're all sharing a bet, are there any feelings there? Have there been any feelings there? I also think it makes a difference if the friend that she's going to see is also into women.
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, that makes a difference to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like if Tanya liked girls and then we went on a trip, I think both maybe Robbie and Haley would be like I don't Maybe they won't think anything of it, but I think it would.
Speaker 3: There'd be a little more question about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't think I don't think it's obviously. I think you have to be be able to navigate this in a healthy way. But I don't think you're I don't think you're invalid for having these feelings, is what I'm trying to say. But I think it's just having a conversation and being open and upfront, being like, hey, I've never had to navigate this because if you were a guy and you went to see your friend who was a woman, and you were sleeping in the same bed, that wouldn't be okay with me, right, you know it's and that's the tricky part about it.
Speaker 1: I was actually thinking about the last trip that we went on, which was I think Jared and Ashley's wedding. Oh my gosh, this is long, so so sad. But we also did not share a bed. You were very adamant about getting separate beds.
Speaker 3: Well, not for the reason that I thought you were gonna come on to me.
Speaker 1: I know that that's because, yeah, because I do like to I do like to touch if I'm in a bed with She likes to.
Speaker 2: Put her toe on people's legs, so I quickly had to.
Speaker 4: Use her distance from me, which I understand.
Speaker 2: The et toe it's like absolutely not touching me. Yeah, but yeah, I think in same thing with Haley. Like I always tell Hailey if if I was like, Hey, I'm going on this trip and my guy friend's there, we're just gonna share a room, she'd be like no. So it's like you just have to have some maybe set some boundaries that you both feel comfortable with. You don't want her to feel controlled and you don't want to feel unsafe.
Speaker 1: So and every situation is different. So just being superly overly communicative about things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like because if it was like this female, this friend that she's going to see as a like the lesbian community in general, there's a lot of friendships with exes or like people that you've hooked up with, you know, or it's like in I feel like.
Speaker 3: The hetero world, you don't really run it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So I would just have a conversation like who is this person in her life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I think you can move forward. But good luck.
Speaker 2: It's there's some complications out there, but they're all such such as life.
Speaker 4: There's always something, always something, all right, all right.
Speaker 5: Next one's from Anonymous. I skimmed this. There's a lot of data points here, so let's keep this. Keep this straight. I'm in a bit of a pickle. At my wedding, my best friend and maid of honor slept with my brother in law, who was also the best man. Now, typically this wouldn't be a huge deal, but my brother in law is married, and I'm also very close to my sister in law. Clearly this has me in the worst position. Do I stand by my best friend, who has always been there for me despite that I'm incredibly disappointed in her. I wish she didn't make my wedding all about herself in this drama. Or do I cut ties and stand by my new family. Somehow, I feel the most amount of pressure because my in laws want me to not be friends with her anymore. But she's my best friend, my Beckett, of my Tanya. I'm so torn. Help a confused scrubber out.
Speaker 4: Look, what she did was horrible.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely horrible to sleep with a married man when you know that they're married. So like, I'm not making any excuses for your best friend. I think that's horrible and a really shitty thing that she did. But I do think that if this is the becket of your Tanya. If this is your best friend, you stick through your best friends even when the you know, we're all imperfect and we all make mistakes, and you stick by your friend. You know, like you obviously you express your feelings and that you don't stand for it, and how disappointed you are. And I think it's okay to like have those conversations. But I don't think that you did your best friend.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I also think though, that I think your best friend really needs to like take accountability. The fact that she made this all about her on your wedding day and did this has me questioning her character a little bit, because if this is on brand for her, then I think this is kind of a bigger thing of like, who are the people you're surrounding yourself with type thing?
Speaker 3: Because I know, I don't. I feel confident that you would never do that.
Speaker 4: You know, saying never that is correct, and I feel the same about you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do think that it's worth having a conversation about the choices she makes and taking accountability for her choices because your new family is going to you don't want your new family to question your character of the people.
Speaker 3: That are closest to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think it's like having a conversation with both parties and just this wasn't your fault.
Speaker 3: You didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: But I do think that it's definitely a pickle that you're in, and I think that you can be a really good friend to your best friend. But also I think being a good friend is holding her accountable, yeah for sure, for her actions and having a conversation about what she did, and also probably that it hurt your feelings that she did this on your really special day. Yeah, it was a very selfish thing under end, But I agree, she's your best friend, she's a human. She made a horrible mistake, and I think that it's a conversation to be had with her and then also with your husband about, you know, because it's his family too and he's feeling probably very protective over them.
Speaker 1: I was kind of doing it under the assumption that your best friend was feeling very remorseful and sorry and apologetic.
Speaker 4: That's I guess we didn't really.
Speaker 2: Well she that kind of made it seem like she's making it all about herself and this drama. So I don't feel like she's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I do think that is important. If like that she made a mistake and she's so sorry and taking accountability and like expressing that to you, it's like.
Speaker 4: I feel like you should work through it, you should be there for her.
Speaker 1: But if she's kind of blase blase, doesn't feel like what she did was wrong, that's.
Speaker 3: Kind of like, oh, everyone needs to get over it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then that's different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but good luck. I'm sorry you're in the situation.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on getting married, and wish you the best. Yes, Okay, this Thursday, we have a guest episode.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's Tanya's hero. Some might say a hiro, yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: We have Nadia O Kamodo coming in and she is here to talk all things period menstruating.
Speaker 4: Yes, so if you and if you have a period, you might enjoy.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. It's an amazing episode.
Speaker 2: She is an incredible human being who is doing so much, and she has done so much at such a young age.
Speaker 3: So even if you're like, I don't need to.
Speaker 2: Hear about periods, I'm telling you as someone who often feels that way during those conversations, it is an amazing chat.
Speaker 5: I mean, some of the podcasts I listened to, Like if I see a guest and I don't recognize the name, and sometimes I'm like skeptic, like you want to listen to this one, believe me, believe me.
Speaker 1: That's the thing I think, like when we're what we're trying to do with our guests is like we want to have guests on that we love and we're passionate about, and people that we find really interesting. Maybe they're not a name like you that you know, like Rumor Willis know Rebel Wilson. That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of Rebel Wilson, and I said either or you know both of them, so.
Speaker 1: You know, they might not be names that you know, but these are all people that either Becca or I really are passionate about and are excited about.
Speaker 4: And so hopefully you guys get something from this too.
Speaker 5: Like I'm a non menstruating person and I was just gobsmack this entire intervice. Aw was on the ground, like this woman is incredible. This is just such an inspiring and interesting and fun interview.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's amazing.
Speaker 2: So we'll be back Thursday with Nadia, and we hope you have a great rest of the week and love.
Speaker 3: We love you so much, bab