Speaker 1: Second date of date. In the dating world, there's different things and topics that can bond people together. Okay, Like, for example, Brooke on a first date likes to talk about her family and how they compost each other's waste for fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you just say I do currently? I mean we use Pete Moss.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some guys are into that. She ended up getting married from it, so it works. Would love you.
Speaker 2: It's his job actually to churn the Composter family get togethers just so romantic per person.
Speaker 1: You want to thank you for all the details. We definitely needed that. Other people, though they might bond over like sports teams, TV shows, critiques of the Kamma Sutra. It's different for every couple.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to find.
Speaker 1: Ways that can be improved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: And listeners. Yeah, one of our listeners, Marissa bonded with a guy recently over their shared love of food.
Speaker 2: Jose and I love language together.
Speaker 1: Some people like it. It's not for everybody, but I'm willing to hear it out. Marissa. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, how are you today?
Speaker 2: Do you count yourself as like a total foodie or what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your level of foodie.
Speaker 4: Are you like I post and do reviews every day or you're like, oh, I like the casual burger you're in there.
Speaker 5: No, I would say I'm definitely like a foodie that likes to go around and I try different spots and do like the festivals all the.
Speaker 2: Time, up on like what the latest restaurant that opened?
Speaker 1: Okay, And so you and this guy bonded over your shared love of eating and food. So what's this guy's name?
Speaker 5: I mean, I definitely thought that Justin and I bonded over food. Heat his profile so that he was a foodie and you love to cook. I'm a foodie that loves to eat. It's not like a perfect just say that.
Speaker 4: You can't lie about being a foodie.
Speaker 1: You don't know when people ask you questions.
Speaker 2: If you're someone who likes to cook, finding someone who likes to eat.
Speaker 6: Is like, oh yeah, it's like two puzzle pieces that fit together and yang.
Speaker 1: So you said the guy's name was Justin. What was attractive to you about Justin?
Speaker 5: The thing was a big thing for me. But he was just cute and just so sweet and easy to talk to you. So that kind of was like the big points I.
Speaker 1: Want to stop rolling your eyes. It cute and sweet and nice to talk what they did.
Speaker 5: On the date?
Speaker 2: What are two foodies doing? Be good?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. He's a sweet She brings up a good point. What did two foodies do for a first date?
Speaker 5: Well, he took me to any restaurants that I hadn't tried before.
Speaker 2: Had he tried it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? He had?
Speaker 1: Okay, what'd you think?
Speaker 5: I mean? It was it was like a cute farm to table play that had like a French twig?
Speaker 2: Are you asking what you saw of the date, not what you thought of the restaurant?
Speaker 1: Either way, whatever you want to tell us, Marissa, we're here to just hear about your dates. So is it the table? If you want to read off the whole menu to us, then go yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: I want to know what you thought when you saw him for the first time.
Speaker 5: Though he was he looked just like his pictures. We had great conversations. I thought that was really lovely. You know, you're just kind of like sitting and eating, so that can sometimes be awkward, but it wasn't. And we talked about like exotic food that we both tried before.
Speaker 1: How was the food?
Speaker 4: Can I ask really quick. You don't have to go into it was the food good because that's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I felt like overall it was pretty good. We had a bunch of things, and not everything was delicious, but it was fun to try.
Speaker 6: Okay, is there any way he could have been insulted by a review like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was insulted on I know.
Speaker 2: Jose honestly, he would take that personally. I'd like, you're kidding you not eat the same soup dumplings?
Speaker 1: I was, Yeah, yeah, even though you didn't spend any time actually preparing them yourself. Yeah, I just chose the restaurant. Not talk about this ship that way.
Speaker 5: I hope he wasn't abundant. That was new stuff to me and I had just never tried it before. So I was being honest. I hope that's not the reason why that.
Speaker 6: Would be so lame, that that would be a reason you wouldn't call somebody back.
Speaker 1: He's like, if she doesn't mess with them? Was that the whole date, just having dinner?
Speaker 5: No, since he took the restaurant, I picked the dessert place after.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, So I mean I took him to mine of my favorite spots, and I felt like he was really happy. He ended up with this like melted chocolate whipped cream concoction that it was good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, okay, I think it sounds kind of like a sensual dish as well, like melted chocolate.
Speaker 1: Well, now we're getting in the studio. We got to move on from from talking so much about food. Here, tell us, tell us how how did the night end? Hopefully there's no food involved. Oh my god, what happened?
Speaker 5: I thought maybe we would go for a walk, but he told me that he had a really early day, so he ended up just taking me back home and in the car. I will say I did try to like rub his leg while we were talking, to be kind of flirty, and he was like, don't touch me, I'm gonna crash. And then that was a little walk.
Speaker 4: Was he joking or was it like or was he like, no, that you're distracting.
Speaker 5: Like you're really distracting me right now.
Speaker 1: So I maybe he's maybe he's like a little bit ticklish on the legs, don't touch.
Speaker 2: Me, I'm driving, Or he was afraid he's gonna stomp on the break.
Speaker 1: Or they had so much food he was worried, like touching problem. So I don't know, do you have any theories about what went wrong?
Speaker 5: I'm just wondering maybe if I was just too forward with the leg cut. I don't know. Now you're making me think it was my review of the restaurant, so I'm just a little lost that okay.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but really, if he's a real food that would just be a challenge that.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you just talked about food.
Speaker 1: It's possibly you just got food friend zoned though, ye zone, food zone real quick? What's your review of this first part of the second date? How are we doing?
Speaker 5: I mean, like the meal before, I've never tried it, so I guess we'll see.
Speaker 2: That is a challenge.
Speaker 1: It's not a glowing review like I was hoping, But maybe we can finally win your approval. When we come back, we'll call Justin for you and try and get you your second date update. Right after this second date update, two romantic Foodies, one delicious date because our listener Marissa says she went out with a guy named Justin who is also a proud food lover.
Speaker 4: Hey, we got a lot of the text war too.
Speaker 2: It sounded like if Food Network and Hallmark did a mash up and made a wrong.
Speaker 1: But he took her out to a nice restaurant that had a little French twist in it. So after she got to pick the dessert spot where they sailed off on a melted chocolate whipped cream pleasure boat into the sunset. It does sound like a pleasure It sounds fabulous.
Speaker 2: Of boring.
Speaker 1: Problem is she is not getting a call back. So Brooke, what's your take on the situation?
Speaker 6: I mean, might not be shocking, but I can be a little aggressive at times in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would disagree with you, but I'm afraid of the backlash and am just in the corner of the room right now, scared of her.
Speaker 2: And she made the first move, and some guys that freaks him out.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, you're talking about the leg rubbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she rubbed his leg in the car.
Speaker 6: Some some men love that about women, and other men are like, they just don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Do you get that a lot, Marissa? Feel like you're a little bit intimidating, You come on too strong. Do you rub a lot of male's legs and have them recoil?
Speaker 5: No, I really don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, she's like, I've touched so many knees.
Speaker 2: Well, don't let this one leg stop you. Okay, it's good to be a strong independent woman up there.
Speaker 1: No stop her before. Let's see if it works for you. It could have just been a food zone situation. Let's give Justin a call though.
Speaker 6: You say that like everyone knows what that isends.
Speaker 1: Not more than thattes ago.
Speaker 7: Well, now it's an official thing, so here, Justin, Hi, this is Justin, very official.
Speaker 1: Hi, thank you for answering. Justin. I don't even have to ask who it is. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're hoping that you have a minute to talk to us.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, who is this?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My name is Jeff from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. The whole team is here. Yeah, and we do something on this show called a second date update. Are you familiar with that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard of those.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, now you get to be in one. Isn't that cool?
Speaker 3: I don't know what the date would be.
Speaker 1: Oh really, you don't remember any dates?
Speaker 2: Or maybe you've gone out a lot?
Speaker 1: Maybe, Well, the one that we're talking about is a woman named Marissa, and you went to like a French restaurant with her.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do, I do remember Marissa.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So she said that you guys bonded over both being foodies and that you took her out to this great restaurant and said it was a little bit of a newer experience for her, so she didn't necessarily give a glowing review of every plate that came out. And she's a little bit worried that maybe that worked against.
Speaker 2: Her, like maybe you felt insulted by that for some reason.
Speaker 3: No, I like that she tried everything that's not she was into it. I mean, look like everyone's everyone states her different. But honestly, I was more shocked by dessert.
Speaker 2: By dessert she said. She said, she took you to this place that they do like melted.
Speaker 4: Chocolate, budget whipped cream.
Speaker 2: Sounded amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she told me about this great dessert place. But she didn't take me to a fancy lit She took me to seven eleven.
Speaker 2: Wait what wait?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 4: I was imagining, like, hey, there was the buckets ice cream alm they have to scoop.
Speaker 2: It for I'm still not knocking it.
Speaker 6: You know, like sometimes they give those Michelin stars to like a Taco Truss.
Speaker 2: Secret leg. One of the best wines ever is at seven eleven.
Speaker 1: First time Alexis has spoken up the entire break. It's about seven eleven, something I can relate to.
Speaker 6: Okay, wow, okay, do you eat it seven eleven?
Speaker 3: What did she tell you? I ate?
Speaker 1: She said it was like a melted chocolate with whipped cream stuff on it. Like it sounded fancy.
Speaker 2: I was expecting a lava cake.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, she got this like host this chocolate cupcake thing microwave then in the store. She asked to microwave them in the store.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, that is a great hack for road Actually it sounds like a mess though.
Speaker 4: But this is not the fancy dessert I was imagined.
Speaker 2: Did try it?
Speaker 3: I try to get We ate it outside on the curb a.
Speaker 4: Probably with some other people hanging outside of seven eleven.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you didn't. You didn't love it? Though?
Speaker 2: What was wrong with it?
Speaker 3: We had still can't figure it out.
Speaker 1: He just took her to this fancy French restaurant with all these like amazing foods and she's like, oh my god, you have to try a melted cupcake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt bad for her.
Speaker 6: I had a moment in my life where I was dating this older guy that I thought was so cool, and his sister asked us to bring dessert, and so I thought it'd be great, great to get store.
Speaker 2: Bought brownies and put cool whip on top of it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was trashy, and he was like, this come to Jesus moment for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Look, it's obvious that I'm a real foodie and whatever she thinks is a foody I don't know what that is, but it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: Be Queena, You're gonna let the other the way of love.
Speaker 4: The gas stations, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Alexis might recommend one to you later, but before we can do that, first I need to let you know that Marissa is actually on the other line and has been listening in on this entire conversation.
Speaker 5: Oh why would you?
Speaker 1: Okay, I assume she wants to talk to you if she's Marissa, you there.
Speaker 5: I mean, I feel like I am a foodie and I know everything there is to know about snacks, So I'm very offended right.
Speaker 6: Now you are, Okay, I don't think you should have your feelings her. I mean, he just has a different level, right.
Speaker 5: Like you think you're the one that should tell me how I should feel.
Speaker 1: Right now, you did say that he's on another level than you.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to make you feel better. I've been there, I've been you. I get it.
Speaker 1: What is that I was sad and lonely and depressed once and.
Speaker 2: I didn't know cool Of was white trash.
Speaker 1: Okay, now you're calling her white trash.
Speaker 5: Wow wow, oh my god, like a really big turn. This took a huge turn for me.
Speaker 1: We need to connect you and Justin so the two of you can talk this out. We're trying to stay out of this. Justin talk to her.
Speaker 3: I don't know this is the right place. This is a little crazy to do this, So I'm sorry for how you heard this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I mean, I don't understand why you think you're so much better than me because you like things that no one can pronounce, like woah wah or whatever.
Speaker 1: But you said flaw gros that.
Speaker 2: It's pretty gross.
Speaker 1: You don't really good.
Speaker 3: I didn't message you back, but I don't know how to explain this to you.
Speaker 5: I mean, you could have easily just texted me instead of ghosting me. That's terrible, just because I took you to a place that had fantastic snacks. Like I know all about expiation dates and that dorito should be sitting in longer and they should marinate in their spices, like I know things.
Speaker 2: Wait, you like to eat things past the expiration date? Is that what you just said?
Speaker 5: I mean, like everyone knows doiredo should be sitting longer?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Why wait?
Speaker 6: Pasca?
Speaker 5: They like they like marinate in the bag the spices.
Speaker 1: Know that the flavor soaks in deeper if you let it go past the expiration you wouldn't understand. Jose, I'm the food in the room in your mind. Let me exploin how huge marinates past the expiration dates I didn't even know.
Speaker 5: Eat about.
Speaker 1: I mean, you just taught us something there, Marissa. That's impressive.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't appreciate everybody laughing at me and making fun of me and being sarcastic. Like I know about snack foods. Okay, I am a food Okay.
Speaker 1: You're a snack foodie, a junk foodie.
Speaker 5: Don't don't do okay, I'll say, but I'm not like a junk foodie.
Speaker 1: Right, No, you just microwave ding dongs at seven eleven.
Speaker 2: But she takes a foil wrapper off because you can't put that in the.
Speaker 1: Look, Marissa, we're not trying to offend you and Justin. We're not trying to push you away. We're trying to bring you two together to see if you'd want to meet up one more time and try a whole new restaurant. It's called Applebe's and we have a gift to right there. We will let you guys go there and we will pay for it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't think so. I'm sorry, and thank you for sorry. I didn't reach out Marissa that I don't think so.
Speaker 2: He's stuck up, Marissa.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it, ye, Mozzarella, stick up his butt.
Speaker 5: We can all just go together instead of justin goodbye in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys can go and do that. I'm kind of above this sook Jeffrey in the morning. Well look at that. She didn't get food zoned after all, just food shamed.
Speaker 6: You know. I'm like, I want to go try her trick her seven to eleven hack.
Speaker 2: Is anyone else with.
Speaker 6: Me or jeff I will introduce you personally to ding dong Is.
Speaker 2: Your life will be changed.
Speaker 4: Oh but you like chocolate muffins and you've never thrown one in the microwave.
Speaker 1: Bra I do microwave muffins. It's the mouse at ding Dong into like a globby chocolate, creamy mess. We'll find out. Well, get to the bottom of this. We did get to learn a great fun fact about Doritos. Though you wait three years and then that last week of freshness chef's kiss. She's like kimchi, like the flavor gets strong.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's longer than three years till they expire.
Speaker 1: I never would have figured that stuff out. The snack foodie would be a huge hit on TikTok. Yeah, somebody definitely needs to start. That's true.
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for you know, I'm all here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so while you're on TikTok checking out snack foods, make sure you also go to the Brook and Jeffrey TikTok page and find clips of our second dates, our phone taps. Everything is right there. That's at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: You have me to bring you ho host to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.