Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong, Joe, Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong, and Getty and Pee Armstrong and Getty strong Man, Welcome.
Speaker 3: We are off this week, so you're gonna hear some best of replays of the Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Getty Shaw. You're gonna love them. They're gonna be here.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be at home, sitting in my car and listening to the radio while you do so.
Speaker 4: While you're enjoying yourselves this week, why not hit Armstrong at getty dot com and pick up an A and G T shirt or half for your favorite Ang fan, including the cut the Crap shirt or the hot Dogs are Dogs.
Speaker 2: It's up to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our Black Friday special is same price as every other day.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, this place is great. I have so many wonderful memories.
Speaker 5: Here, Doctor Gil hostin Foreign Leaders, my dog attacking every single one. I brought my party together so much they teamed up and kicked me out.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, maybe I hate it here too, not Jill.
Speaker 5: I know it's awful, but I can't go back to mar A Lago Joe, because Elon is there.
Speaker 2: And he will not leave. It's like, what about Bob. He's walking around in his bathing suit showing.
Speaker 3: Me videos and rockets and monkeys with computers in their heads. This guy's crangef That guy's Trump is so good. I thought I really liked the Saturday Alive. I thought it was pretty good. It was just an equal opportunity making fun of the whole thing. And I also liked During the News because I like stupid sketch comedy and having Peanut the Squirrel's widow on. I thought I didn't see that yet. Oh man, Sarah Sherman has peen at the squirrel's widow. So you or what were you just talking about? You were talking about what.
Speaker 4: How race has been deemphasized in a big hurry in American politics. I mean, it'd still be an emphasis because it's semi useful, but it's all about class and all about economic aspiration.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, So a couple of things on that.
Speaker 3: Peter Thield, the billionaire interesting dude, you know who he is, tweeted out over the weekend that Trump's win exploded the lie of identity politics. If you believe that people cannot listen to reason and it's all subject to these sub rational factors like your race, or your gender, or your sexisting or your sexual orientation or something like this, then nobody would ever be able to change their mind. You exploded the lie of identity politics with this election, I hope. So, I don't know. They're almost, well, not almost almost always always it's always overstated after every election of my life, every presidential election, of how things have changed permanently in some way. But this has got to be a nod toward the right direction. I thought it was interesting. Ian Bremmer tweeted this out, and I think it factors in. Also, globalism has been an abject failure. Benefiting a small group of all leads to the expense of broader populations across the West. Yeah, it varies from country to country, but that's certainly the way it feels to the average person. So you're being you know, taught this whole Tom Friedman, the world is flat hidden, this great for everybody thing, But that's certainly not what it feels and looks like.
Speaker 4: Well, right, yeah, and it's.
Speaker 2: A complicated set of interactions.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if the manufacturing jobs can be done more cheaply over there, and you become the paper shuffling people because you're really good at shuffling paper, dealing with data whatever. Well, those jobs don't be nearly as much. And as the well arising tide lifts all ships, well it runs the guys running the ships mostly it rises their you know, financial well being.
Speaker 3: And Ian Bremer said, and it's true. Citizens and democracies all around the world are punishing the proponents of globalism. The United States is not unique, explaining you know why people abandon some of their race politics for just uh, you know, my own pocketbook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's a delicate balance if you go very far and all down the road of uh, industrial planning and government control and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: It's it's a miserable failure.
Speaker 4: But to completely ignore the question of a your people's standard living and be your national security.
Speaker 2: But here's an honest here's an honest.
Speaker 4: Question, because we're relying on China for our pharmaceuticals and commuter chips or or whatever is an idiotic thing to do.
Speaker 3: Here's a question about you're talking about college graduates having so much bigger chunk of the national wealth, and it's always been true, but that you made way more money with the college education than without, But they have a bigger chunk now than they ever had be So I don't quite understand this because so much real life evidence around is that a college degree is worth less than it's ever been before. They're learning lesson they've ever been before. Are these stats just lagging indicators? They're paying more anyway, go ahead?
Speaker 2: But are they Yeah, but they're paying way more but getting less.
Speaker 3: So are these all these stats on the Wall Street Journal article over the weekend, how an Ivy League degree helps you hurts you more than helps you now? But so are all these stats about income and wealth lagging indicators.
Speaker 2: It's just it's gonna all this is going to catch up.
Speaker 3: To those numbers at some point because like I'm yes, I'm not super big on pushing my kids to go to college in the way that I I got started the whole college fund, like a lot of parents as soon as they were born, with just the assumption of course they're going to go to college.
Speaker 2: Over my dead body would they not.
Speaker 3: But now now I'm like, why would you go to college unless you have these specific things you want need to learn to do whatever it is you want to do in the world. But again, these all the stats out there showed on average, person with a college education makes a lot more money than person who doesn't have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think part of that is that the when was it that the boom in number of people getting college educations really took off?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: The people who were at the earlier edge of that are now in their fifties and sixties and in many cases in their peak earning years, oh, peak wealth accumulation years. Let's take another snapshot in thirty years, when you know a large number of college graduates will be in a world where a lot of people are college graduates, and they'll have taken useless degrees where they didn't learn anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a definite example of how it could be way a lagging an indicator, because if you're going to go with lifetime earnings, well obviously people have to be you know, sixty to come up with the in their sixties to come up with lifetime earnings that late. So yeah, yeah, way lagging into There's just no way that's still going to be true. I don't think they make significantly more money with a college education than without.
Speaker 4: It just can't be, particularly given how rapidly everything changes now economical they technically technologically, I mean, so a quick thought for you, and then getting back to the piece in the Wall Street Journal about how it's less and less about race, thank god, and more and more about policy and opportunity. I was a kid in the nineteen seventies, mostly you know, late teens in the eighties, but the three and I was a weird little kid. Not a surprise we got Time magazine. We're not like any Newsweek perverts. We were a magazine fan. Good Lord, I walk into somebody's else they got Newsweek. What else goes on here that I find? Devil worship, animal sacrifice, God knows anyway. But we would get Time magazine every week, and I would read it cover to cover every unless there was some particularly dry thing that I just couldn't get through. But I remember three news stories from the seventies distinctly now. One Vietnam unavoidable, two Watergate, watching that unfold, and three Inflation. I remember the whip inflation now, buttons I remember it being the major story in Time magazine, the Chicago Tribune, which we got at least on Sundays. As I recall all about inflation, asking my parents what is inflation. They would try to explain it to me. And we've talked since about what the mortgage rates were when they were trying to crush inflation by raising interest rates so high that mortgages were sixteen seventeen eighteen percent a year eighteen percent mortgage?
Speaker 2: Can you believe that like putting your house on your credit card?
Speaker 4: But getting back to the piece in the journal, then I'll bring it all together, as is my style. They quote Chicago and Alfredo Ramirez, who voted for or Brock twice Hillary in twenty sixteen. Last two elections, He's back Trump. He said economic concerns, not race, largely drove his vote this time. He and his wife are raising three kids on his twenty five thousand dollars a year job at Target WHOA. He remembers the economy being better before the pandemic, when eggs and everything else cost less. Trump has done more for the American people, he says, as post to the Democrats, they are only caring about themselves. He also said being Latino didn't affect his vote. Quote, it really doesn't matter as long as we are out here fighting for our freedom. And the reason I brought up the stories I remembered as a kid. In particular in inflation, particularly inflation is if inflation is high, as I've said many times, nothing else matters.
Speaker 2: And they mentioned where is that? I thought I was pretty well written.
Speaker 4: They mentioned that all sorts of alleged experts were in all sorts of media there is at times tried to use statistics.
Speaker 2: He said, this is a college guy.
Speaker 4: Uh explained down to the decimal point to argue that inflation wasn't really hurting people and that voters' concerns about immigration were unfounded. Explain that to mister Ramirez. Explain that to the black construction worker Aaron Waters, who we talked about before.
Speaker 2: What a load of crap.
Speaker 4: You're not scared at the grocery store when you see the bill and think how the hell am I going to pay my rent?
Speaker 2: You think you are?
Speaker 4: And I keep reading that wages have actually caught up to inflation. Do you know anybody here saying I've got such a giant race since a pre pandemic, I'm making twenty percent more.
Speaker 3: There's no way you're gotta be making almost thirty percent more. There's just now like.
Speaker 2: Average out including a hedge fund guys.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know how you twist the statistics to get that.
Speaker 3: But I don't think I know a single person who would say that that was true for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know, and I've seen it in a couple of publications, so including the Wall Street Journal, which surprised me. But everybody they talked to in this story, every single damn one of them, talks about the economy and their job and inflation. That's what it takes to take the gasoline out of the engine of it's all about race.
Speaker 2: Halle freaking Loujah.
Speaker 3: One more kind of economics thing I came across that I thought was interesting from the Wall Street Journal. What does HUDD have to show for trillions of dollars a taxpayer money housing and urban development with this quote in there? Add it all up, and since nineteen sixty five, the US has spent four trillion dollars, but it has not increased home ownership as a percentage, making homes more affordable, or reducing rents adjusted for inflation. Nothing at a range were trillion.
Speaker 4: Dollars Tomorrow during the show, I want to go down a checklist of this learned person knows all about the federal deocracy and how it works and how to reform it, and all going through a checklist of the various departments and how expendable they are. You know, I don't know if Elon and VvE can pull off what they're promising.
Speaker 2: Boy, they could do a lot of it. I just saw this headline. I might have to find the audio.
Speaker 3: CNN Morning Crew cracks up at RFK on Trump plane being forced to eat poison in hostage video. That's the picture if you haven't seen it, of them all eating McDonald's. He got on Trump's plane, he got Trump and Elon Trump Junior, Mike Johnson's there and RFK Junior with a big mac in his hand kind of looking like I guess I gotta do this.
Speaker 2: He absolutely looks like a guy who's nodding on the Joe. It must have.
Speaker 3: Happened so fast, like he didn't have time to think through do I want to be a part of this or not, which I've had happen to me before.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Armstrong and Getty Show. See Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: So I'm a big Jerry Lewis fan.
Speaker 3: His heyday was in the fifties and sixties.
Speaker 2: He was as big a.
Speaker 3: Deal in the movie industry as practically anybody has ever been. A comedian, did comic films, and I loved a lot of his funny movies when I was a kid. But I don't know if I'd ever heard about this. I didn't know about it. So I came across this tweet. Oh my god, Martin Scorsese has made a documentary about Jerry Lewis's The Day the Clown Cried, the movie Lewis made about the Holocaust, that is literally the most famous, notorious unseen film ever made. Piqued my curiosity. I didn't know anything about it. I read up on it, and I'm about to explain the plot to you and everything like that.
Speaker 2: It starred Jerry Lewis. He made it way back in the day.
Speaker 3: It's an unfinished and unreleased nineteen seventy two Swedish French drama film. It's a drama directed by and starring Jerry Lewis as the Clown, based on a screenplay. The film was met with controversy regarding its premise and content, which features a circus clown who's imprisoned in a Nazi concentration camp. It has never been seen. Lewis repeatedly insistent that The Day the Clown Cried would never be released, but later donated an incomplete copy to the Library of Congress in twenty fifteen under the stipulation that it was not to be made available between June before June of twenty twenty four, which was just a couple months ago. I've never heard a word about this me neither wait till I read the plot. But listen to this if you want an idea of how good it is or isn't. Harry Sheer lott of you, I feel like comedy know who he is. He saw a rough cut of the film in nineteen seventy nine. This is what Harry Sheer said. With most of these kinds of things, you find the anticipation or the concept is better than the thing itself. But seeing this film was really aspiring, and that you were rarely in the presence of a perfect object. This was a perfect object. This movie is so drastically wrong. It's pathos and its comedy are so wildly misplaced that you could not, in your fantasy of what it might be like, improve on what it already is.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's all you can say. Wow.
Speaker 4: So it's so unspeakably horrible or inappropriate, I think, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the basic plot in the Time I've Got Left is Jerry Lewis is a clown in Nazi Germany. He gets fired from the circus. He's down and out. He gets overheard making fun of Hitler in a bar and gets thrown into prison. Then he ends up in a concentration camp. He decides to try to entertain little Jewish children, him and another guy. He gets beaten for it regularly, but thinks it's his duty to try to entertain these little kids who are probably going to their deaths. His buddy is beaten to death in front of the children. This isn't drama, not a comedy. His buddy is beaten to death in front of the children. I don't even know if I want to go to the end of the plot.
Speaker 2: It's too dark.
Speaker 3: But it ends up with him dead and kids dead and everything. I mean, just as bad as you can imagine. I mean, it's got like the ultimate saddest of sad endings.
Speaker 2: The kids too. Oh yeah, it's the Holocaust. Yeah, it ends with him.
Speaker 3: It ends with him holding the hand of a little girl as they go to their death in the gas chamber and he is forced to lead them in there.
Speaker 2: It's just, it's just I don't know what to think of it.
Speaker 3: But the fact that Martin Scorsese's making a documentary about it, I find very intriguing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I find this intriguing on a lot of levels, including I can see what Jerry was going for.
Speaker 2: Weeen what was the Oscar Winter Life is Beautiful?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, similar sort of thing, and I loved that movie.
Speaker 4: Right, There are a number of great works of art about trying to find joy or keep humanity alive in one way or another during the Holocaust.
Speaker 3: But why did Jerry Lewis not want it released until long after he was dead.
Speaker 4: I've read directors talk about how you can have a great idea, great script, great cast, and it just doesn't work.
Speaker 2: But Harry Sheer calling it perfect perfect. The Armstrong and Getty Show, Yeah, more Jack your Shoe podcasts and Our Hot Lakes the Armstrong and Getty Show. So it's funny. I've wanted to bring this up for a while.
Speaker 4: The real crisis in America's government schools, and I don't want to be the cliched everything is going to hell all the time. Person, that's what I am, because that's my brand, because we already.
Speaker 2: Have one of them.
Speaker 4: No, but I was thinking about it, and it goes back to our discussion of the natural state of things is chaos and poverty and violence, and if you have a civilization, the challenge of preserving that civilization never ends. And everything isn't necessarily going to hell, but everything will go to hell if you don't stop it.
Speaker 2: Going to hell needs to be maintained.
Speaker 4: Yes, in short, so, anyway, I think one of the things, in another principle before we get into specific said, you've quoted George will As saying one of the essential, you know, elements of being a conservative is you have to deal with reality, recognize what is right. You can't be a utopian, unicorn riding wisher of fond wishes and call yourself a concernervative.
Speaker 2: It's just it doesn't fit.
Speaker 4: So anyway, I think we have an enormous crisis with America's government schools right now.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any doubt of that.
Speaker 4: I think it would be a four alarm panic going on in America right now if it were not for two things. Number One, a lot of parents think schools are still what they went to, what they grew up with.
Speaker 2: And the distraction of the Golden Bachelor and the Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 4: And there are three things now that I think about it, And the other one is that there are some schools. It's actually four things, including the Golden Bachelor. There are some schools that are still doing a good job. They're fighting hard, they're in conservative areas, the teachers and administrators are not fully woke, so people think our schools seem to be fine, and maybe they are. But the fourth thing, obviously, is that the dominant media do not talk about this much at all because it's extremely uncomfortable for them because they are progressive, they are woke, they are pro.
Speaker 3: Union, and the heavyweights had their kids in private schools, so they wouldn't know anyway.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. That is a good point in the middleweights too. Anyway.
Speaker 4: So a couple of exhibits in the prosecution of America's government schools. One that you've probably heard similar fare before, but this is a bit of an update. Between two thousand, year two thousand and the year twenty twenty two, the number of students in Marca's schools rose by five percent, five percent. The number of teachers rose by ten percent, which is interesting. Yeah, the number of principles and assistant principles rose by forty percent.
Speaker 2: Whoa what?
Speaker 4: Who had their kid in school in the year two thousand thought, you know, this is going well, it'd.
Speaker 3: Be a lot better though if we had like eight more principles.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, who the hell fought that? Right?
Speaker 4: And then again, keeping in mind that the increase in students is five percent, the increase in administrative staff is ninety five percent.
Speaker 2: There you go, Samans with universities. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, some we've talked about this in the past, and some folks have said, yeah, the uh the government mandates on schools is so cumbersome. Now the federal and state mandates. You have to have compliance staff, oh my god, that spend their whole days issuing reports and filling out forms that say you've conformed to all of the demands of the centralized government.
Speaker 3: There are so many forms. So I've been through a lot of this and super nice people. I'm not complaining about any of these people. What I was one meeting that had like fifteen people in it about my son, and they kept using the word rubric. Well this, this fits the rubric, and it doesn't fit the rubric. And we've looked at the.
Speaker 4: Rubric everythink I get said I I think I said out loud. I think I cannot hear the word rubric another time. Just we gotta I don't even know what that is. We gotta stop singing the word rubric, please, if we do nothing else here, to refrain from singing rubric.
Speaker 2: So it was a paperwork thing. It was just all kinds of different layers of paperwork.
Speaker 4: So you have this from Jason Riley, who's a great writer and thinker. Biden and Harris worked to crush school competition. He is more opposed to charter schools than any president in recent history.
Speaker 2: And Kamala has spoken.
Speaker 4: Enthusiastically about how wonderful teachers unions are and that everything that tends to take money and influence away from the teachers unions is an attack on public schools. That would be bad enough were it not for the numbers involved. Again, this is fairly Oh you know, the National Review actually touched on the fact that the left is now trying to promote or I'm sorry to indict school choice movements as an effort, a secret plot to promote Christian nationalism.
Speaker 2: All right, that's one of the attacks.
Speaker 3: I assume you're about to get to some of the results we're getting out of the schools. Uh yeah, okay, But even without that, even if it had maintained what public schools were from the past, why would you need to increase administration by ninety percent and think that that was a good idea. Even if we had maintained the same quality, It's like, well, why are we spending all this money?
Speaker 2: Was working fine before? Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I'm looking at the clock. I think maybe we take a break and then come back with some of the results stuff. But the other thing I wanted to get to, and we have a lot of great teachers who listen to the show and communicate to us and blow the whistle on some of the more insane progressive things that are taking the place of math and in our schools. The genderbread person which I'm always hammering about because you know, California is a particular interest because that's where the show is based, and the perversity in California schools is just it's heartbreaking. But anyway, Wall street journal with a big piece. Teachers are burning out on the job, and the subhead is student behavior and mediocre pay are taking their toll from lefty media. It's always about the pay. It's always about money, and there's such a lack of understanding and wisdom. Maybe it's that progressives so fill the newsrooms that that's the only point of view. And a lot of journalists are young these days because it doesn't pay very well.
Speaker 2: But there is such a lack of wisdom.
Speaker 4: If I have a fun, rewarding, joyful job and I get the summer off, I would accept that rate of pay at X. If I have a miserable, discouraging, heartbreaking job.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna work for that low level pay. I'm gonna want a hell of a lot more to keep showing up. Very good point.
Speaker 4: Student behavior problems, cell phones in class, anemic pay that's not really true, and artificial intelligence powered cheating are taking their toll on America's roughly three point eight million teachers. On top of the bruising pandemic years. The sheriff teachers who say the stress and disappointments of the job are worth it has fallen twenty one points in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Doubt that.
Speaker 4: As recently as twenty eighteen, over seventy percent of teachers said the stress was worth it. Now it's forty two. In surveys and interviews, teachers are most any.
Speaker 3: Place you work, as they is, they layered in more administration to wherever you work. Did that make things more enjoyable or less enjoyable? Where you work well?
Speaker 4: And we're going to get to the you know, it's more than frustration, it's being physically at risk. In surveys and interviews, teachers are most often pointing to a startling rise in students' mental health challenges and misbehavior as the biggest drivers of burnout. In the Rand Corporation survey, student behavior was the top source of teachers job stress.
Speaker 3: A lot of that, I guarantee you is that whole restorative justice thing where they have no ability to deal with it.
Speaker 2: That's the next sentence.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right to quote a high school math teacher who says he saw student behavior deteriorate seriously, let yet his school drew more lenient in administrating administering consequences.
Speaker 3: How is the country not aware of what a failure this restorative justice thing is.
Speaker 4: I know, because nobody talks about it in the media. And this poor son of a gun, so he's dealing with all this frustration. And then his district, Kansas City Public Schools shout out, Kansas City eight cities were a privilege to be on. They rolled out a new policy last year. Teachers could not give students a zero for an assignment even if they didn't turn it in and didn't make any effort to.
Speaker 2: It is to laugh. I mean, that is so funny. It is funny, It is hilarious. So say that again.
Speaker 4: You can't get a zero even if even if you say, not only did I not do the assignment, mister Gerald, you should shove it up your arms.
Speaker 2: He cannot give you a zero for that assignment.
Speaker 4: You've got to get at least like a see one of the things I got when I got into teaching. My one thing was about learning and love of learning, he says. In the end, it was less about the learning and more about babysitting. He left teaching this summer. Oh yeah, yeah. And they go into a great deal of detail, with many, many examples of classroom stress and violence, lack of consequences for bad behavior, A stort of justice.
Speaker 2: I mean, look it up, well, don't look it up, because.
Speaker 3: Their description of it won't be accurate as to what actually happens.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It is the recipe for no discipline and a bullies paradise.
Speaker 2: It is, it is. It is tragic for the children and the teachers.
Speaker 4: And it's part of oh yeah, absolutely true, and it's one hundred percent part of the neo Marxist We're going to break the system. We're going to call everything racist until we control it. And they do control the schools to a large extent now, and anybody who stands in our way will call them a racist until we have imposed our philosophy on whatever institution you're talking about, from public schools to corporations, to the United States government to the military for instance.
Speaker 3: By the way, in Kansas City, we're on FM, so people can really enjoy our pipes.
Speaker 4: I have nothing to add to that. Uh, you know, and I don't know. I'm looking at the clock. I came across another account a number of school districts in oh it was Virginia and one other state in which far fewer than half of the children were at the minimum level in English, and it was less than a third in district after district were not at the minimum level for math. We sometimes talk about proficiency. This was the well the minimum, and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near it. And if you say I got to get my kid out of this school, the forces of the left, from Joe Biden, Kamala Harrison down will tell you you're a rasist for some reason. Be you're attacking public schools trying to take resources away, You're a bad person and a bad parent.
Speaker 2: It's crazier that this isn't a bigger issue. It is. It absolutely is.
Speaker 1: Jack Armstrong and Joe Fretti the Armstrong and Getty Show show.
Speaker 2: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, Friends.
Speaker 4: Another great Alvis Huxley quote sent along by loyal listeners.
Speaker 2: Zabo.
Speaker 4: Is he like a master of the pan fluid or a magician or what?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's the screen name is Zabo.
Speaker 4: By means of ever more effective methods of mind manipulation, the democracies will change their nature. The quaint old forms, elections, parliament, Supreme courts and all the rest will remain. Democracy and freedom will be the theme of every broadcast and editorial. Meanwhile, the ruling oligarchy, and it's highly trained to lead of soldiers, policemen, thought manufacturers, and mind manipulators will quietly run the show as they see fit.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: Oof.
Speaker 3: Zabo does sound like a off the main drag Vegas magician show. We couldn't afford Copperfield, so we went to see Zabo.
Speaker 4: It was pretty good, pretty good. The galley Soden half was like seventy. She was wearing a sensible pantsuit.
Speaker 2: Mail bag.
Speaker 4: Trump us a note with your mail bag at Armstrong in getty dot com. We're having printer problems.
Speaker 3: So it lisn't name somebody in America that's not having printer problems.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get to Mars and people still can't make their printers work at home or at work.
Speaker 2: I still I like to orchestrate it.
Speaker 4: I arrange it carefully, so it may be a little haphazard today. But guys, I was reading, Oh this is from a loyal listener, a frequence correspondent power Law. I was reading Kamala Harris got five billion dollars for lecture school buses. They're slowly hitting the road. Proponents say the bus is whose initial cost about three hundred and seventy five thousand dollars apiece. Is that will boost US manufacturing and bring cleaner air for Americans, reduced planet warming emissions, et cetera, et cetera. The story never gets around to even attempting to actually quantify and compare the cost of the buses to the benefits derived from them.
Speaker 2: For example, if the key.
Speaker 4: Benefit is reduction in global warming, how great is the reduction? What benefits will come from it? I fear both answers are negligible. Oh yeah, absolutely, we can't afford to spend billions for negligible benefits. But to some of the cost doesn't seem to matter. It's practically a religious issue.
Speaker 2: Correct. That is absolutely well written. Yeah, yeah, well, said Pellow.
Speaker 4: As always, let's see Frank talks about chronic pain and how to deal with it. Then he says, now, some pain is completely different. I've had kidney stones and that requires a different strategy altogether while walking around inside of it, as Jack mentioned, makes total sense to me. I take a similar but opposite approach. First, I congratulate God on creating something so exquisitely perfect the pain. Then I imagine him and I standing side by side and observing and admiring the pain. That and a little demorroll do the trick. Oh man, I'm so glad of dodge the kidney stone stone so far. When I had my gallbladder attack, I was trying to try to apply some sort of pain stuff I'd heard before my life. But I wasn't so much pain I couldn't even think. Oh yeah, and then you know what did the trick?
Speaker 2: Morphine? Morphine is what really worked. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: A special request for this the most election of our lifetime from JT and Livermore. Even though we only have about three weeks to go into the most election of our lifetime, the weekends are so boring. So I have a special request, for the good of the country and for the sanity.
Speaker 2: Of your audience.
Speaker 4: Can you please do your show every day, including weekends, until the winner is announced.
Speaker 2: Please, selection of our lifetime. It is the most election of our lifetime. Well, thank you for that obviously underhanded compliment. JT.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, if you own a shotgun and you can get it into the studio and you can level it at me, prepare yourself to see my blood spattered on the walls. Because you have to shoot me before I do a show on the weekends.
Speaker 2: But thank you.
Speaker 4: Let's see. Oh this is good David and Oakland who writes now and again, and it's always a little like this. You're a Pennis thing. How disgusting are you trying to be trendy? You guys dip below the belt and come off as desperate to be cool and with it. I turned the dial having no interest in the part you were alluding to. You just couldn't help yourself. And I wonder how dense and dumb you can be. Do you really think this is cutting edge stuff?
Speaker 2: What are they talking about? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Did we do There's some reference to genitalium, perhaps in the One War Thing podcast?
Speaker 2: Do you remember Handsome something penis related? From Friday? David has been so much lately it all blends together, right, Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, David writes occasionally makes it clear that he just despises us.
Speaker 2: And then you know, vanishes back into the woodwork.
Speaker 4: Barbaric Joe you mentioned the other day, there's no fixing stupid. The only example I can think of, writes Daniel where stupid was fixed was the Scarecrow and the Wizard of Oz. So can we get Kamala Harris to crack open a bud light and sing? If I only had a brain, I don't see that happening. And then finally this from Tammy with two ease controversial Tammy. I don't recall what prompted me to google Katie Green this weekend, but I did, and I landed on her YouTube with the Blue Angels number one is a woman. I pictured her as a brunette, but she's a cute blonde. I'm a hetero woman, not creepily hitting on her, just saying two. I've only heard snippets of Jack's experience with the Blue Angels. Three, Jack and Katie could talk about their flights, So David and Oakland. If he didn't like penis talk, he's gonna love vomit talk, so stay with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Katie, did you.
Speaker 4: Find it upsetting digestively the flight at two instances?
Speaker 2: Yes? Breast of it now? I was fine.
Speaker 3: I filled both of the vomit bags completely full. Oh really, yes, For a while they were calling me two sack Jack because I got off the plane holding both bags and have.
Speaker 2: Some good pictures like trophies.
Speaker 3: However, I did drink the night before and eat unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Food tie food, as I recall, Yes, I.
Speaker 3: Went out to a tie restaurant and drank when they said don't eat anything spicy or drink.
Speaker 2: Okay, you did that, yere, because rules do not apply to me. No, not. What do you use? Some sort of sheep? Exactly, armstrong and getty