Speaker 1: If someone is diagnosed with cancer tomorrow, what are some of the key messages you'd want them to hear.
Speaker 2: I mean, the first thing, without exception, always is the belief and the hope that you can survive.
Speaker 3: Sam, thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 1: So your book is all about the iradic approach to healing cancer, it was so much more than that. It was something that I think every single person should read to understand the deeper connections that they can have to their body. What are the foods that people should be eating as part of an anti cancer.
Speaker 2: Diet, green tea or Matcher. We know in lab tests you can put a breast cancer cell, you can drop a Matcher molecule onto you will literally see the breast cancer cell destruct. Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What do you think are the main contributors to the increase in cancer at the moment?
Speaker 2: It's very clear to see why we are getting iller, not just iNTS a cancer, but heart disease, Alzheimer's, because we're living in a world and that makes it very easy to be sick. Ah, you've read has these two parallel treatments where one is yes to destroy cancer. So you have to destroy it because it's growing but the more powerful avenue is to actually reintellectualize, re educate the cancer self.
Speaker 1: I'm Radi Davlukiah and on my podcast a Really Good Cry, we embrace the messy and the beautiful, providing a space for raw, un fielded conversations that celebrate vulnerability and allow you to tune in to learn, connect and find comfort together.
Speaker 3: Sam, thank you so much for being here.
Speaker 2: That's natally privilege. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm like fangirling right now because after reading your book and hearing you speak, I am obviously such a fan of I Vader, but then to see someone be able to take something that is so beautiful but also very complicated and be able to simplify it and create a book which you have that allows it to be accessible to so many people in a time that's probably of most need to them is phenomenal. So I just want to say thank you so much for what you do. I am so grateful and I'm so excited to share this information with as many people as I can that listen to this.
Speaker 3: So thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a real privilege to be here, so thank you for having me on. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: It was so fascinating before this, before we turn the cameras on, I was asking you about how you came across Aravada, and I would love if you could just share a little bit of that if you don't mind with people, just to give context.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I was saying, I was very very privileged to come to it very early in that my family's closest friend, my next door neighbor, but one was a seventh generation Sri Lankan conventional doctor, homeopathic doctor are Evader. The full frame up really and you know, long long family meals around the table exploring the spirituality of our evader and the lifestyle of ar Evader, and that then leading into asking questions around well what about in terms of health and how we live and adopt this and moving into that sphere from yet twelve thirteen years of age and all the way through really and having that learning from someone who's lived and breathed it for their whole life and from a very authentic place, is a you know, seventh generation custodian of knowledge that you can't really find in books, you can't find in training courses. Ye's something you have to have absorbed through a very long period of time, and to have been exposed to that from such a young age is something that I'm grateful for beyond words really, because it's allowed me to do what I'm doing now.
Speaker 1: And what was it about Iveda when you first started learning about it, because obviously from a Western perspective, it can be a little bit far out. What was it about Iravida that made you feel like it was your calling or that it felt like the right path.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was the breadth of it that I've never come across anything before or since. That impacts upon every facet of life. There's not one part, one nuance, part of one person that can't be positively impacted upon by our evader, whether that's clinically, whether it's in terms of the spirituality, whether it's in terms of the lifestyle practices, the psychology. I think if we're to live fully live lives, you know you've read to talk about this idea of living in the magic where your life is this unfolding of blissful existence. We can always improve that. And the more I dived into our Uvada, what I saw was a blueprint for actually facilitating there not a shotgun like try a bit of this, try and bit of that. It was all there, it was documented, it was time testing, it was systematic, and it's it's easy to adopt. I think one of the misconceptions about Our Evader is it it's so restrictive and so complex. And I think that's probably how it's been misconstrued in the West, because it's not is it it's simple, it's it's common censer call. It'salistic. And it was that breadth that really grabbed me initially because I wanted the more you learn, the more you want to know, and it just it will you know if I live to be one hundred or never get there? Yeah, because there's always more questions to ask.
Speaker 1: I love that When I first came across Ivada, I just fell in love with the fact that it helped me understand myself better.
Speaker 3: It wasn't it was.
Speaker 1: It was technical, but in a sense of hey, the more that you tune in, the more you know, the more you can heal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the more that you tune into what's around you, the more you can heal. And so it really was this guide to life and living and actually being present and conscious in the moments around you, whether it's in relationships, whether it's your relationship to yourself, whether it's your relationship to your environment. It's just it's so incredible how it encompasses, like you said, every single part of this world in some way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that's what one of the analogies I always give is people always ask me, you know, quickly, what is are you've aded, and you could provide, you know, the standard answer, But the way I always articulate, I always think about it, it was almost like a car service manual. You know, if you drive a Ford and you take it in for its annual service, which you have to do to keep the car in tip top shape. Yeah, if you take it to a Mercedes garage with the wrong manual, you're not going to be going to help it. It hasn't got the specific requirements. And that's what I think with our bodies. You know, what's great for you is not going to be great for me. And how do we transform our health and optimize our wellbeing and our quality of life unless we do things that are unique to us as individuals. To the service manual that's unique to my body, my metabolism, mine needs, my dreams, and that there's never going to be anyone else with the same idiosyncrasis as you or I, so we have to acknowledge those and take them into account. And you know, our evader is that is the primary blueprint for how we customize and individualize every part of us. And that power is I think if people understood that power of individualized life transformation that are Eveady gives you, people will be clamoring down the doors to adopt it. You know, you know they are. I know it's increasing, but you want more and more people to know about it, don't you.
Speaker 1: It also takes a level of wanting to be actively participating in your own health. And I think from a you know, a young age, I speak about this a lot, but I think from a young age you're kind of told to put your health into other people's hands, and it kind of takes away your power to heal yourself massively, for to understand your body. Because as soon as you get cold, I'll go to the doctor. As soon as you get any even small thing that happens in your body, you're kind of told you're not equipped to handle this, so go to somebody else who knows. And of course there are professionals, but I think a basic level understanding of your own body can help you to prevent and heal so much more than we think we're capable of doing.
Speaker 2: Her body is so powerful, just need to exactly.
Speaker 1: So. Your book is all about the iratic approach to healing cancer, and I was so fascinated by so much in it because as much as it was about cancer, it was so much more than that. It was something that I think every single person should read to understand the deeper connections that they can have to their body, to understand the energetic abilities of the things around them, their thoughts, their actions, how it impacts their body to a cellular level. So actually, yes, this is a book about cancer, but I would say to anybody listening, it is way more than that, and you will get so much that you need to learn about your own body and your own life that will take you beyond just having an illness. In my opinion, and so thank you for writing that. It was phenomenal. But I would love for you to maybe describe I don't know whether there is a simple way of doing this, but in IVEDA, how is cancer understood or framed differently to Western medicine.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a lot of similarities, but I think the difference is it's the it's the beautiful holistic understanding of cancer in that rather than being something that's to be identified aggressively destroyed like this warfare, it views it through a different lens. And it's something called amcara, which is a It's one of the most beautiful concepts in our Evader, which is amcara is kind of like cellular intelligence, you know, with what makes an I cell work as an I celler not a liver cell, And what makes an apple seed only make an apple, not a cucumber. It sounds silly, but everything organic has to reproduce itself. And in our Evader, the cancer journey develops when a cell loses it's amcara. And that could be because we've been exposed to castnogens, or it could be stress, or it could be a genetic predisposition. But when you get a healthy sell, you know, every cell in the body, every healthy cell and the body has an ancaric message, which is I need to die after a certain period of time to preserve the health of the host. Every cell's sole objective is to keep the body healthy. But when a cell becomes pre malignant and then fully malignant, it loses that amcara. So rather than viewing itself to serve the body, it views itself as a renegade. It's working in complete isolation, and it will get to a point where, because it's working in isolation, it doesn't see itself as working as part of the body an it was. It kind of sees that the body hasn't got its back. It's isolated, it's scared, it's working as a renegade. So the only kind of way it can ensure its own survival is to do one thing, which is to replicate. And it's at that point the cancer journey begins. And what's interesting is lots of Western doctors like Dean Ornish, Zach Bush, in a very high profile you know, public figures in health talk about this idea of a cancer cell being a lost, confused, isolated cell and aar you Veda has these two parallel treatments where one is yes, to destroy cancer cells. You have to destroy it because it's growing, it's proliferating. But the more powerful avenue whilst you're doing that is to actually reintellectualize, re educate the cancer. So that what you're doing is wrong, and if we can reawaken ANCARA, you can reprogram that that cellular behavior, so a cancer cell can morph back into a normal cell. And what I love about that is that if we were having this conversation five years ago, there would be people, you know, coming out of the raft saying, well, that's absolute rubbish. Cancer cell can't become a healthy cell. That's just Eastern esoteric rubbish. Whereas in the last few years there's been numerous clinical trials that have now proven that a cancer cell can revert back to normal cell behavior, which is what we AMCARA is a clinical replicated model of ANCARA. So I love the idea that aaru Veda doesn't just view this slash burn cut in a wall war fair destruction, destruction. It's about this just holistic reintellectualizing of a cancer cell to behave normally, to come back into line, to preserve the health of the body, whilst at the same time using treatments that will help to destroy the established cancer cells. But it's much more holistic, it's less violent in terms of the connotations and the language. And I think the West needs that. I think because it's whatever way you cut it, a cancer cell is still part of your body. Its still part of you. We have to remove it. But do we want that warfare raging in us? Because generally speaking, most things that come about through violence probably aren't going to be good, and that includes this. So when a e've ea talks about cancer, it talks about it as these two avenues of Yes, we have to destroy it, but we have to do it in a holistic, intuitive way rather than this very aggressive way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so beautiful.
Speaker 1: And why do you think you know, if you think about over the last few years or even the last ten years, from my understanding, the statistics show that the amount of the cancer that's occurring in people, it's like one in two people rather than one in three or one in four. What do you think are the main contributors to the increase in cancer at the moment.
Speaker 2: I think lifestyle and environment. I mean, the data is pretty clear that around between seventeen and eighty percent of probably all cancers have their origin in what we do and what we don't do, for better or worse. And I think you look at the pediatric cancers, you know, the prevalence is going through the roof and they typically don't have the you know, the stress that adults have in terms of mortgages and relate. I know some kids obviously do have stress, but generally speaking, and I think, you know, you look at diets, you look at the kinds of foods people are fueling their bodies with, you look at the circadian disruption we're exposed to, and it's very I think if you actually look at it, it's very clear to see why we are getting iller, not just intos a cancer, but heart disease, Alzheimer's because we're living in a world and we're living in an environment that makes it very easy to be sick and very I think quite hard actually to be well. You have to be very aware of what you're doing. And yeah, so I think I think environment, I think lifestyle. I think, you know, including diet are other big players for sure.
Speaker 1: And you spoke about reprogramming these cells. And so if someone is diagnosed with cancer tomorrow they find out that they're diagnosed with it, what are some of the key things you'd want them to know from the beginning. If they don't get time to read your book, what are some of the key messages you'd want them to hear.
Speaker 2: I mean, the first thing, without exception, always is the belief and the hope that you can survive. And I think, you know my passion. In academic cancer research just something called ecaps ECAP, which is the clinical term for exceptional cancer patients. These are the individuals with terminal prognosis. They're usually given less than twelve months to live. You know, I hate the word terminal, but for one of ourn alternative given less than twelve months to live that they don't typically have conventional treatment because the risks outweigh any rewards, and they have that ability to look they're on cologists in the eye and say, I respect your opinions, and I respect you, and I respect your statistics, but I choose my own reality. And that reality is it in ten years, I'm going to be here. I'm going to be here fitting well, and this is how I'm going to do it. And I've you know, had the privilege of working with hundreds and hundreds of these ecaps over the years, and the single biggest predictor of what allows someone to become exceptional is the belief that it can be done. And that's true whether you've got stage one localized cancer or stage four in curable cancer, you have to you have to cultivate a belief and a mindset that I can overcome this, because we know that you could be using the best diet and the best chemo therapeutics and the best this, the best that. But if the silent whisper in yourselves is what's the point. I'm going to be dead in twelve months. So all the other things are vital in some cases they're mandatory. But unless you get your headspace into a place where you genuinely can look yourself in the mirror and say I can overcome this, I don't think you can get the level of success or the level of potential that you could otherwise get. So hope and belief are always the first things to cultivate. Get that set up, and then go again.
Speaker 1: I've heard you speak about the molecules of emotion. Yeah, and I would love you to explain that because I thought it was so powerful when I read it, and how your mind and what you think actually affects you at a cellular level, and that that's been proven.
Speaker 3: I would love you to expand on this.
Speaker 2: The biggest thing I think it's the I think it's everything yeah. And the beauty of this is, you know, whether you're any illness, any issue, anything you're managing that you don't want, this relates to because the molecules of emotion relate to these neuropeptides which were discovered. They've been known about it for a very long time. They're literally molecules of emotion. So if you're happy, if you're sad, if you're depressed or empowered, you actually can track these molecules, these peptides that are being secreted in response to your emotions. And it used to be thought that only your brain could create these molecules, that only the brain could be conscious and create emotions. And then very famous doctor Canda's per you know, bombshell, you know, shockwaves around the scientific community when she discovered that every cell in the body is capable of secreting these peptides, which is exactly the same as saying that every cell can secrete emotions, can experience emotions and secrete them. And the implications of that, you know, we've got thirty forty trillion cells in the body and everyone is secreting a little molecule of emotion that is going to profoundly all to the workings of the body in a way that I don't think anything else can. And there's very few things that work on every single cell. So when we think about in the context of cancer or any health issue, if we are experiencing thoughts of helplessness, hopelessness, disempowerment, fear, lack of agency, that affects our quality of life cognitively. But every cell in the body is secreting these little molecules of emotions saying I'm helpless, I'm hopeless, I'm fearful. What's the point. So just when you need yourselves to be absolutely in tip top health, the life's being sucked out of them by these emotional responses. And frustratingly, it's the immune system that's most susceptible to this. So we know we can tracking the blood work that if you have someone who is experiencing not negative emotions, but undesirable emotions, that you can correlate that with a declining immune function, which in the context of all illness, particularly cancer, you have to have that immune system firing on all cylinders. But the converse is true, is that if you can take someone on the journey against which is why hope and belief is so integral where they move from helplessness and hopelessness and disempowerment into a devil may care. I've got this, I can, I will. Were they cultivating a genuine belief that I don't care what you put in front of me, I can overcome this. Every cell in the body secretes these peptis that say we've got this, we can do this. And then what happens. Immune function increases, your liver function, blood work, The whole body moves from a place of dysfunction to optimal functionality. And it's not done by anything other than the mindset you cultivate. And that's true of any arena of life, whether it's a career or relationship, a health crisis. You want your cells and your organs working with you, not against you, and that every every emotion, blief, thought, attitude that you have will be experienced in the body. Not possibly, maybe sometimes it has to be. It's no choice. But we can impact upon these cells by regulating what we do up here and there learned skills. Cancer patients can learn these tools for creating hope and empowerment. So these the molecules of emotion, the neuropeptided. It's mind body medicine that you can track in blood and it changes everything and it has to be mobilized.
Speaker 3: That is amazing.
Speaker 1: And I you know, I was saying to you before that my grandma has bomar and cance at the moment. And she actually got dying a couple of years ago with Hodgkinson's lymphoma.
Speaker 3: And when she got diagnosed with that.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago, the doctors were not very hopeful, and also they told her she should do chemo. She started chemo, and they wanted her to do it for a certain amount of time, and honestly, my grandma is everything you're saying, my grandma is.
Speaker 3: She was like, cancer, no problem, I've got this, So God's got me. I'm fine, to the point where.
Speaker 1: Everyone was shocked at her. Everyone was crying around her. My mom was crying, my uncles were crying. Everyone was upset. And they came back and from the doctors and they said she's fine, and everyone was like, did she understand what's happened? And she was like, oh yeah, so let's just if the doctors have said to dou chemo, let's do chemo. And she spends already ninety percent of her time in prayer. But during that time you would hear her and she doesn't speak much English, but she would say to God like.
Speaker 3: Oh, my body's fine. I to be fine.
Speaker 1: Just help me and guy me in whichever way it's supposed to be. And everything was from a positive mindset, not why is this happening to me? This is awful, this is horrible. And then she was meant to have I can't remember how much of chemo she was meant to have. Let's say six months. I'm just giving a number because I can't remember. Within four months, they said that she seems like she's in remission and she doesn't need the rest of her treatment. So they actually stopped treating.
Speaker 2: Her after awesome.
Speaker 1: And she thrived for like two years after that, and she was phenomenal, and everyone thought at that time that it probably wasn't even going to be a month or two and she's another cancer has come back for her. But she's ninety one now, and you know, even then, her mind, her body is failing her to some degree, but she still is in this belief that her body is doing exactly what it's supposed to and it's going to help her in whichever way it can, and it's just that's incredible to see. But even when I reflect in my life, I used to go through when I was younger saying I've got such a bad immune system and I just keep getting ill.
Speaker 3: And didn't I say that out loud so much?
Speaker 1: And over the last I say, eight nine years since I started learning about Aravada, every time someone will say don't do this, you're gonna get sick to I was like, my body's fine. Actually, my immune system is incredible. Actually I touched. Would haven't been ill for a really long time, and I'm always like, oh, maybe I'll get evil like that. But at the same time, I and honestly, every time someone oh, if you getting a cold, I said, no, I just need to have a little bit of tumoric or I need to have a bit of this. I never say, oh, I'm feeling really sick, or oh I've had this for so long.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, I'm good, I'm good. Have you got COVID. No, I'm good. I'm going to be fine in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I would say after reading a book, I was like, oh, yeah, that change in narrative, not only vocally, but in my mind of believing that I would say to my body, no, you can do this. This is whether it's whether it's in a workout, whether it's emotionally, when I'm going through something difficult, whether it's when I found out my grandma had cancer, whether it's when I'm feeling unwell, I'm like, no, you are fine because you're looking after bar, You're looking after your grandma, so you are not getting sick right now. And honestly, I feel like that mindset has completely shifted how my body reacts to that has to.
Speaker 2: It has to. There's no choice.
Speaker 3: I'm not giving you any joy.
Speaker 2: And that's the power of it is. It's not up to it's not up to the cells. The cells just taking the cues from you. And there are external variables, of course, there are yes, germs, and there's this, that and the other. But the bottom line is that the way our cells work are governed by the way we think and how we feel them and both of those we have autonomy over. Yeah, so we have, you know, and you can see so many situations in clinical medicine where the whole thing is set up to make us fail you know you have cancer, you go through trickment, you're told you're in remission. What does that actually mean is as a descriptive, it means you're waiting for it to come back. Yeah, so you don't have cancer. We're going to juste track you over the next five years. The remission, That subconscious is you've done well, but it's going to come back. It's that subliminal we're waiting for.
Speaker 3: It, and people do they do in that theory one.
Speaker 2: Not, You're a big pat on the back. The cancer's gone. Now we're going to track it for the next five years. Hopefully it will stay gone. There's a chance it will come back. If it does, will manage it. But at the moment, you don't have cancer. And that's all we need to know. And it's those subtle differences, but the way that plays out in the way our selves work is profound, so that in a narrative, I'm feeling tired, I've got a cold coming, I've got no energy, it's just reinforcing it. Whereas get out of bed and say the opposite, say I feel sprightly, I feel vital exactly. It's transformative and it gives agency. We claw back control, which is what we need.
Speaker 1: When you're living from that point of waiting for something to come back. Really, what you're doing is inviting it. Yeah, because if you're thinking about it in that way, that mindset of oh, eventually it's going to happen or the fear actually ends up inviting that thing that you're trying to keep away. Because you're thinking about it in that way, you're inviting it back into your life. When you have that mindset of eventually, even if it's at the back of your mind, there it's still there.
Speaker 2: And you know, in clinical research it's called a nasibo. You know, placebo is where you get a good response from it spectation, you know, and no cebo where you get a negative response. It's just as powerful. So this is a documented fact in clinical research, and that if the study is done where if you have a hundred patients and they're all about to have the same chemotherapy and you tell half of them that they're going to get pretty significant vomiting and nausea, and you tell the other half that this chemotherapy doesn't have any side effects. The group that are told they're going to get nausea and vomiting get symptoms before the chemotherapy is administered. About thirty percent actually vomit before they are looked up to the IV, just because their brains telling them. So we have this phenomenal power to shape outcomes through creating a positive expectation. And when we listen to narratives, we listen to the way husbands and wives talk to each other, or to kids or to parents about health and expectations in life. It's all in printing a message. So it's so powerful.
Speaker 3: And would you.
Speaker 1: Say that this is applicable I know you mentioned it before, but any stage of cancer and any point and I'll add on to that. Would you say that it's enough for some people to not even have to go through the conventional medicine in terms of chemotherapy or do you believe that it should be both together?
Speaker 2: I think the sticky water, sticky ground. Yeah, I mean, I think yeah, I mean, I think the integrate if the are e'vetic model, it can be used fully alongside conventional treatment. I think the decision to have conventional treatment is fully individualized. The other thing I always emphasize when people talk about having chemotherapy is to be absolutely clear on the outcome is it palliative. Is there no hope of cure? And if there's no hope of cure, is the benefit to life span going to be going to justify the quality of life deterioration you're going to get if it gives you next to four months, But that four months is in bed, you know, fitting really unwell. You have to weigh that up. So, Yeah, the r you'vetic approach the cancer can be used fully along side high conventional care. The decision around what that conventional care looks like needs to be based upon individual circumstances. But I think in terms of at what point does this you know, how far can you take this? You know, there are cases I've seen one and I've read dozens of people in hospice care who have been admitted from home care into hospice care, which means statistically, you've got probably less than ten days who have got up and walked out of their walk back home, You've gone back into recovery at home and are alive. The person nine know seven years later that even when you are at end of life care, there is the potential for the body to fight back. And that's not saying what I'm not saying is that everyone who's got stage four terminal cancer can survive. But what I think the most important message to propagate is that everyone has the potential to not possibly maybe Sometimes there isn't one cancer that someone with the terminal prognosis hasn't survived from. It hasn't become an ECAP, not one. So if you're listening to this and you've got stage four stomach cancer and you've been told you've got six months to live, the potential for you to write a different script is there. Unequivocally, it's just lining it up to allow that to give you the maximum chance. And that's why that hope is so powerful, because when all hope has been taken away, the most important thing you can do is rebuild it. And that the ECAP research is so important because it provides you with a documented clinical case study of there's someone with my diagnosis, my progress has done it. It becomes a clarion call for well, they've done it, why can't I do it?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And that changes everything again. So yeah, the ECP work is it's you know, if I was diagnosed or living with the terminal cancer, I'd want to know that someone has done it.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking that, whereas most of the time you're told, oh, this person lasted this long, or you're told time frames that are negative, because what if at your diagnosed you're told, you know what, we've had this many people that have gone through this and they've made it, and even if it's a smaller portion than that, haven't just hearing that before you hear how many people don't make it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, game changer. Yeah, instantly, the whole outlook for what you expect changes, and that expectation changes what happens. It is that self fulfilling prophecy, and we need there needs to be a change in the way information is given in clinical context so that infuses hope rather than hopelessness.
Speaker 1: Out of interest is just for my personal knowledge. Have you seen people heal holistically without using any Western medicine?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, so yeah, quite a few. So I used to run cancer survivorship groups at Crawley Hospital and there were three people that stand out there, one with liver cancer, one with prostate cancer, and one with breast cancer who for a variety of reasons, decided to not opt for conventional treatment given less than eight months to live. And all of them are they are now because I lost touch with them, But four or five years down the line, they were all fit well. They still had active cancer in their body. It was contained, it was pretty yeah. So you know, I have most decaps have gone through conventional treatments in some context, but I've seen people become ecaps without it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: So how does cancer develop in the body. Is it something that develops over time or is it something that's triggered or both.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the latency period of cancer is actually quite long, and that's that in terms of prevention, that's our biggest weapon, because I might be diagnosed with prostate cancer tomorrow, but actually the changes that facilitated that probably occurred five or six years ago. If you look at the duration the latency, it's usually between three and ten years depending on the cancer. So from the first subtle change to actually a fully diagnosed. So at that point, if we adopt you know, dietary lifestyle, behavioral practices that have anti cancer impacts. Preventatively, it's profound, but you know, interventionally, you know, some cancers can come about very quickly, but most cancers they do have this very long embryonic period. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And What are the you talked about reprogramming the cells now for someone who doesn't have pancer but wants to live in preventative lifestyle. What are the foods that people should be eating as part of an anti cancer diet.
Speaker 2: Again, breadth is the biggest thing. I mean, there's a hierarchy of foods. Some are there absolute heavyweight celebrities, like green tea and turmeric. But it's it's the key with anti cancer nutrition is synergy in that if you're having every day a selection of foods that have an anti cancer action. So you say you eat ten foods, you get the clinical gain of each of those ten foods, but by combining them, you get a gain that you can only get when they're mixed together. But I mean, but in terms of pound for pound impact, I mean, I think we should all be having turmeric in culin reform. I think we should all be using matcha and green tea. I think, like you know, in terms of pound for pound evidence, a cup of leafy green veg a day gives you, you know, in terms of Alzheimer's cancer, heart disease, and we know that people have dark green leafy veg every day have got about a sixty percent less chance of dying over the next ten years. Big paper in the studying the British medical journals. So yeah, it's just about cherry picking certain foods that are quite easy that pack a real punch in terms of promoting health and preventing the seeds of lots of diseases.
Speaker 1: I love that you said tumeric in the culinary form because I feel like there's so many supplements and stuff, which is great. Yeah, but there's so many ways you can get it into just eating it. Or my mum even makes this like tumeric pickle which it's fresh tumoric and then grates it with like ginger and on things that every day with our meal will have this fresh tumoric pickle and it's like it's delicious, but also such.
Speaker 3: An easy way to get it in another pill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's easier as well, isn't it. The more more culinary basic becomes, I think, the more sustainable it is, exactly, it work better. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And when it comes.
Speaker 1: To sugar, because I feel like sugar has been the demon for a while now, but I've been hearing more and more about sugar being such a contributor towards cancer. Is sugar a large contributor towards cancer, and if people have cancer, should it be something they're avoiding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's a little bit more complex than that, but it is. I mean, if you're living with cancer, you need your your glycemic indexth to be your blood sugar is to be absolutely bang on. Because there's a compound in the body called IGF one, which it stands for insulin like growth factor, which is exactly what it says on the tin. So it's like a turbo fuel for cells. Cells use it to reproduce, and cancers developed a super clever way of hijacking that, so it's like you know, putting a super concentrated fertilizer into a vegetable guard. So IGF one levels increase with sugar. So the more sugar you have, the more insulin you get released and you get more IGF one. So if you've got preventatively, you know something called the surveillance theory, which is we'd all develop cancer cells about three times a year. We know that if you tracked you or I, you know, over a year, most of us would get these cells. But most of the time, for most people, they're able to identify that and destroy it before they develop symptomatic tumors. And a big variable that predicts whether we can identify those cells and destroy them or not. It's how quickly they can grow. And the more IGF one, the quicker they're going to grow, the more chances they're going to get undetected and actually develop into cancer. So yeah, and which is a terrifying fact because about forty percent of the adult population are pre diabetic and don't know it over forty years of age, So people walking around for decades with blood sugar levels that are teetering on diabetic and obviously the implications of that on things like Alzheimer's and heart disease, but also cancer. So yeah, I think I'm not a massive fan of loads of lab tests and this, that and the other, but I do think tracking blood sugar levels is a really useful thing that's so interesting if you're living with cancer, Absolutely sugar needs to be virtually non existent, okay.
Speaker 1: And is that including sugars from natural ways like fruits and stuff.
Speaker 2: No, they're okay because they're because the fructose is bound to the fiber. So yeah, there's a big debate at the moment around me.
Speaker 3: I know, I love fruit alone.
Speaker 2: It's natural. I mean, you know, for me, having a fruit that has a relatively high fructose level, but it's actually having the whole fruit as nature intended. The anti cancer benefits you're going to get from that fruit out for me, outweigh the risks of the fruit tastes that are include within it, because things like berries, you know, some of the most powerful anti cancer foods. To not eat those because of the impact of pond blood sugar. And you committigate it anyway, having it with some fat having it, Yeah, it doesn't need to you can. We can get the best of both worlds. So don't be told that you shouldn't be eating fruit. You know, whether you're trying to maintain a healthy diet or you're living with cancer. Fruit is you know, one of nature's most powerful weapons against disease. We need to be using it.
Speaker 3: So true.
Speaker 1: If someone is going through chemotherapy, are there like three things that you recommend that they make sure they do every day or as part of their routine that they should implement to help with I guess the symptoms or the negative effects of chema.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the biggest one is move walk, I mean it used to be back in the day, you know, rest, sleep, stay in bed, whereas now you look at the evidence, you know, really powerful studies showing that actually, if you're having chemotherapy, walking to a point of just before discomforts and you not going for a ten mile walk, but if you can get out, go to the end of the road and come back, you clear out the toxins more effectively, you sleep better your immune system. So moving the body is you know, is absolutely key. You have to move within the within the remit of your of your health. That's key. Sleeping well, you know, really making sure you're getting the good rest periods, and controversially, but I think it's important it's exploring herbs because there are some phenomenal studies I talk about in the book where people going through chemotherapy, so cohorts are people one group having the chemotherapy, the other group having the same chemotherapy. The ones are using certain herbs have an increased benefit from the chemotherapy in terms of cancer death, cell death. They have less side effects, less complications, and higher quality of life. So you're getting you're getting all of the best bits for less trade off. And that's not you know yet that has to be off the back if you need to see, you know, someone is trained and get it customized and individualized. But to not explore those benefits because they are profound. It's even research so you actually live longer. There's research in lung cancer patients where those having a herb called istragulus alongside chemo therapy lives significantly longer than are matched cohort who weren't having these stragulas. So to not try to mitigate the toxicity of chemotherapy, you know, through things like herbs, I think is madness.
Speaker 3: What the herbs you recommend?
Speaker 2: I mean the most famous one in the context of chemotherapy is a stragulus.
Speaker 3: It's not the same as chatavari, is it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different. I mean that's quite That's a good one as well. Aspan Ganda is very very good. That's been shown to prevent neutropenia, so immune you know, immune cell drop off during chemotherapy. Saying tools, there's Trifler is very very good. Yeah, so there's lots you know, there's lots of herbs, but they definitely need to be done. You need to be completely transparent, You're you're consultant needs to know you're using them. But you know, if I was starting chemotherapy tomorrow, I would one hundred percent want to have explored and have lined up something that's going to increase its impact and reduce its side effects.
Speaker 1: Sure, and you're speaking about You've said sleep quite a few times during this and I loved reading and I find it so fascinating reading about the circadian rhythm and how sleep is such a crucial part of cancer prevention, but also if you have cancer, and I would love if you could go into a little bit more detail about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's you know, it's a pillar are e vagically, it's a pillar in convention medicine, it's a pillar. You know, if we are not sleeping. We've all seen it. We have a bad night seeing the next day you're tired and you're you're cranky, and you know, but the impacts upon our physiology, you know, our immune system resets, our detox pathway are only active in the night time. And I think we're seeing a public health time bomb with sleep at the moment. I think the generations, our generation, the ones behind us, because we've engineered a world where it is so difficult to maintain proper cicadian alignment. You know, people on their phones and you know tablets and things. You know after about eight thirty or nine. Yeah's one of the biggest suppressors of melatonin. And the thing with cicadian alignment, you know, live cicadan alignment being where you're living in sync with your twenty four o'clock so there's no gray area. You're either aligned, which unleashes health, or you're out of alignment, and that is a fast track to getting sick and dying early. You know, it's catastrophically bad. You know, you look at things like Alzheimer. It's very very clear links to circadian dysfunction. We know that people with cancer. Has been studies done showing that if you have cancer and you maintain circadian alignment, you live longer than a match cohort. Who don't we know that, and to cells actually respond to the circadian clock, to light and dark, and you know, getting up at the wrong time, eating at the wrong time, going to bed at the wrong time, not sleeping enough, all of these things. You know, if you go on a long haul flight, we all know what that feels like. But it's less severe, but it's more chronic. You do that for years, decades your body. It's like asking, you know, us to live in water. We haven't got the software or the hardware to do it, and we haven't evolved. We haven't got the ability to live in a way where our celves aren't circadian aligned. And you know, anyone I would say is listening, who's got just poor vitality, poor energy, feels like they're run down, just not vital The first thing I would say is look at your circadian alignment, your rhythms, your sleep, when you eat, when you get up, because if you get that lined up properly, usually you just experienced just an absolute elevation of health.
Speaker 1: So it is I notice it throughout my life when I from when I was at UNI, and my mom would say, don't go out another night. I'm telling you you always get cold sauce. So like I grew up with cold sauce.
Speaker 2: Ok.
Speaker 1: My mom would say, if you do one more night, you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Get a cold saw you A'm like, no, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Two days later, lack of sleep, I would my immune system would be telling me I never drank alcohol through my life, but I always say when I've had two days without sleep. I'm like, this is what it must feel like to have a hangover, because I'm so much more hungry of things that I don't shouldn't be eating. I feel groggy, my head's hurting. I notice my immune system dip. My digestion is different. The even over these past few weeks when I've have had an odd schedule because of my grandma, I have noticed such a difference in my ability to function. And so if I'm physically unable to function, I can't even imagine what's happening inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's this is the thing. The power of this is that every cell in the body is like the peptides. Every cell in the body has a clock. So if we're out of alignment, it's not like it's just effect our cardiovascar system or our muscles. Every cell begins to dip. And you do that across thirty trillion cells. You just feel absolutely ruined. And you do that for you know, six months or a year, or five years or ten years. You know that you can see why the risks of this on disease are absolutely they are They are truly catastrophic.
Speaker 3: And on mental health. You know, I have a few friends.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'd say a couple that are really struggling with insomnia at the moment, whether it's because of other issues which are like OCD or things like that, and this sleep is when I've spoken to them through bouts of not sleeping, I can see such a shift in the way that they're speaking, the way that they're receiving information, the way that they're interacting with people. And I really think, like obviously on a physical body level, but also on a mental level, I think it completely shifts your whole PERSONA change is the way that you interact in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, changes you. It changes you. So you have to be have you know. And there's so much focus on prioritizing diet and sleep, which is fundamentally Sorry, exercise and diet and things like that, which is fundamental. But if you're doing those things when you're not sleeping, you're not going to breath the benefits because everything else is going to go out of whack with it. So it has to happen.
Speaker 1: And one of the best ways to get into or if someone listening is like, oh god, I'm so out of alignment. What are some of the easiest ways that people can try to get back into alignment.
Speaker 3: What does that look like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the most important one is when we get up, because everyone talks about melatonin, you know, the sleep moorman, which it is, and we think of it as this nighttime for man, which it is. But the actual neurological trigger for melatonin kicks in about fourteen hours after you wake up. So as soon as you open your eyes and actually regain consciousness, the brain then starts a little stock clock and then that will take about fourteen hours. Fourteen hours later the melotoni will start increasing, and about two hours later you're kind of prime for you know, shutting your eyes and going to sleep. So if you're getting up at say six, twelve hours takes you to about eight, then by ten you're absolutely hormonally primed to go into really deep RESTful sleep. Is if you get up at ten, fourteen hour takes you to midnight, two hours takes you to two in the morning. So actually those nights where you just cannot get to sleep, it's not your force because you haven't got the actual hormonal profile to facilitate proper sleep. So going to bed the right time, getting up at the right time, if you do that, if you do those two things, generally speaking, your melotonin curve will be at a point that will allow you to get really, really good, you know, rejuvenating sleep. And I know from clinical work when you have someone who's had long term not even broken sleep, but just suboptimal sleep, and you get them sleeping well for a week, they feel like they are absolutely brand new. What is this? What is this level of health? I feel like me again? And that you kind of almost want everyone to experien into that because it's so that level of vitality that comes from good sleep is so profound. Yeah, so yeah, get up earlier, go to bed at the right time.
Speaker 1: The other thing I found fascinating about melatonin was I always thought it was something that so whenever my husband would travel for work, he was saying, can you get me some melotonin? I'd be like, No, it's going to mess up the rest of your sleep.
Speaker 3: Don't do it. I don't want you to become dependent on it.
Speaker 1: And I would love to hear your thoughts on that, because when I was listening to something that you were on, was it doctor John Doe?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And he was speaking about how melatonin can actually be used in a different way for longevity and better health as you get older.
Speaker 3: So I'd love to touch on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the Pandora's box been open with melatonin because, like you say that, it's the actual role it plays is every time you study it does more and more things, and it is increasingly being called a longevity you know, molecule or compound because after the age of about six but turns on the data, but say sixty as an average, and melotonin does start dropping quite significantly, and that drop in melotonin impacts upon cardiovascular variables, neurological variables, immune, particularly immune variables. We know melatonin is an immune modulator. We know it has an effect upon the way serotonins metabolized for mental health, and there's actually some research looking at why why want people to get to kind of not stereotypically, but often they get to their seventies and they lose some of that spark, some of that vitality that you associate with that person when they were younger. Not always luckily, but sometimes. And what they're saying is because they're medatonins falling off a cliff, they're not able to convert serotonin properly, and they lose that just that feel good hormone. It's not as it should be. So the debate around whether we should be microdosing melatonin when we get to fifty is a tricky one because, on the one hand, part of me feels that actually the body knows what to do, and if melatonin is dropping off after the age of sixty, are we doing anything to mitigate that? Are we doing things you know naturally that can help to prevent that being so disastrous, because that's that's an evolutionary response our body. Really, after the age of about forty five, the body doesn't really care about us because we've reached the end of reproduction. As far as it's concerned, it's done its job, which is why forty five is the real water shit. If you look at the aging profile from forty five onwards, it's a really big nose type unless you do something. It's because the body hasn't doesn't care anymore. From a genetic evolutionary perspective, a melatonin falls prey to that, but that doesn't mean it hasn't got pathways to mitigating that. So we know that if we regulate sleep properly, someone in their seventies seventy five can have the melatonin profile if someoneh's thirty five. Wow, So actually does that mean is it that Western kind of you know, hazard of something goes wrong, let's just shore it up with a prescription, that quick fix, simple solution. Or is it a case of actually, how do we bio haack this almost just in a very natural, in built way. And I've looked at it quite a lot since speaking to doctor John, and I do feel there's enough evidence to show that you can maintain optimal melatonin profiles into your six decade and beyond without having to supplement. Wow. You know, I'm not unequivocal on that, but I do feel and I subscribe to the you know, the kind of the wisdom of the body. Anything that goes wrong, the body has a pathway to prevent that or to manage it. And I something is central to melotonin. I struggle to believe that there's not a system for keeping that optimal as we age. And again the fact that in our Evader, you know, OJAS is such a beautiful and integral concept, and I'm convinced that when the founding fathers of our Evada we're talking about OJAS, what they were actually looking at was melotonin because the two are so similar in what they do, and there are so many things that boost ojas, and the things that in the Western context boost ojas are also proven to boost melotonin. So I don't know. I absolutely subscribe to the role that melatonin plays, but whether that requires the need to artificially dose it, I'm not convinced.
Speaker 1: Well for anyone who doesn't know what adjust is, it's the vitality in the body. Is like what's produced the nectar that's producing your body, that gives you the glow, gives your body feeling, keep your body feeling energized and vibrant, and anything else that you'd like to add to.
Speaker 2: It just umph, isn't it. It's bushy tailed, you know, jumping out of bed and looking starry eyes, all of that. Everything we all aspire to it. You think, anything you aspire to in terms of your health appearance, ojas will help you facilitate that.
Speaker 1: And what are those things or foods that help to increase melatonin or adjust in the body naturally?
Speaker 2: I mean again coming back to herbal medicines, they have a mass role to play, you know, the tonic, the rasnianic herbs, at Ashvin ghana, are you know, so powerful in that context of bolstering you know, ojas and these the even things like dates, you know, modual dates, nuts, you know, raw honey. Yeah, these are all anabolic foods. You know, after the age of again forty five. Year before forty five, the body is anabolic, so it's it's repairing, it's rejuvenating, strengthening. Once we get to forty forty five, the catabolic breaking down exceeds the repair, which is what aging is. So one of the reasons are you've advocates using more high ojas, you know, lifestyles and foods and herbs and tonics is to is to just prevent that that that catabolic dominance. And again we know that these foods that we would label are you vadically as being high in ojas, we know they're all linked to longevity. So you see this beautiful marriage of you know, concepts that are five thousand years old, this label of ojas, which some people can say, well a eric and doesn't make sense, but if you look at it through the lens of the Western research saying exactly the same thing. So that's why these tonic foods I think need to be an integral part of how we fuel our bodies its as we get older.
Speaker 1: And do you think that you know, I mentioned the melotone and if you start taking something, whether it makes your body lazy towards actually producing it. Have you seen any research on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's definitely data to show that if you you have, if you are microdator, you've got to be bang on with the dose because if you go over or you have too much for too long, it actually makes you feel really quite drowsy.
Speaker 3: And of course yeah that's.
Speaker 2: Sleepy and not what you exactly so and that can definitely create dependency. So you know, if you are microdacing needs to be absolutely on point in terms of the dose and not using it indefinitely.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's good to know. I was asking for myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never used it, but whenever friends ask me about it, I'm like, I don't know. I never like adding anything to my body that that isn't necessary if my body's producing it anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean, there is evidence to me. I think there are context because people who do lots of long haul flights, there is evidence to show that if you're supplementing the week before and the week after you regain cicada more quickly. So I think if you were you know, if you're doing that and you know it's scheduled, I think there's probably greater reward than there is a risk for using it very common sense rather than yeah, just using it as just a general long term, you know, remedy. I I question that, what would.
Speaker 1: You say if someone asked you, give me three foods that actually be in every single day for cancer prevention to you know, stop myself from even getting there.
Speaker 3: What would they be? Variety?
Speaker 2: But variety? I mean extraversion olive oil is absolutely and it's not are evading. But we had to do away with dogma. You know, yeah, it's got the taste in it. We can apply it. Are you've aiding? You know, I've done loads of research and you know, data analyzes around extra virgin olive oil, and it is you know, it officially ranks as the number one health food in terms of how The Harvard University a big study looking at you know, the top one hundred foods relevant to disease mechanisms, and extravergent olive ol came out top. And you know, the polyphenols that you find in extra virgin olive oil are It's just unimaginable what they do. You know, we know they induce cell death and cancer cells. We know they starve them with blood, blood vessels. We know they regulate immunity. So yeah, and in longevity, you know, you look at probably one of the most powerful dietary application for longevity. Three tablespoons of extravergent olive all day should just be mandatory. Wow, yeah, it is off the chart. But the problem with extravergion olive on this is a digression. You can go into the supermarket and buy organic extraversion olivo. I think it's organic, it's pure, it's cold press and you think you're getting the benefits, but it's not as good as useless. But it's kind of as good as useless because it's the polyphenols and the olio anthonoles in extravergent olive that make them what they do heart health and anti cancer, and those polyphenols and oliocantals are dependent upon how quickly the oil is pressed. As soon as it leaves the tree, so it has to be pressed within four hours.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you buy like a boutique olive ore, that's twenty six quid. It's because they certify and they have independent lab tests to quantify the polyphenol levels. So that means that when you use it, you know you're getting the benefits. But when you're buying the how can you get organic extravergient olive ore for seven pounds, Yeah, because it's because they've sat in a warehouse for three days oxidizing. So actually, if you look at the polyphenols, then they're not negligible, but they're not going to have a clinical impact. So in terms of an investment, you can look at it and say, Okay, it's sixteen pounds and that's a lot of money. But in terms of gain for cost, there probably aren't many things that you can do that will give back more than that.
Speaker 1: So hip your coffee, get an Oliver coffee, good quality, do that and just do it. I had someone to come on my podcast saying that the one thing I do for my I drink all of your like I drink it. Okay, So how do we know whether we're getting good quality? Is it just by the price point or what are we looking for on these labels?
Speaker 2: Yes, it has to have so that's something called the I think it's the World Olive Oil Association or it's something along those lines.
Speaker 3: Be part of that.
Speaker 2: And we're actually working with an amazing So the way you can quantify it is that you say you can make a clinical claim is it has to be independently. Every every harvest has to have I think it's ten percent of the harvest go through an independent panel and they look at the oliocanthono and polyphenol level and as long as that coat, the long as the the batch day test is above the level, you can make the claim for that harvest. And you can't take it on price point, you can't take it on location. It has to be independently lab testing. I got so angle about this and so kind of obsessed with this. I actually really started digging into it because I wanted to know that I'm having my three I want to know I'm getting And we actually found an amazing company. They're amazing husband and wife team the Greek. They're Greek immigrants and they have a company called Back to Roots and I found them and I was like, you guys are amazing. They will tell me their story and they've they've got all the lab testing everything. So I'm not I'm not there's no competent of interest. I'm not invested in, but I just use them. And what I love about that is I have those that have their oil at home and when I use it, just psychologically knowing that there is that it comes from organic groves in the middle of Greece, it's been lab tested. I know that I'm getting exactly what I need to be getting to harness all of these benefits. And I love psychologically that's I think very powerful.
Speaker 3: Yeah really, yeah, I'm going to get me that olive Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So having having olive oil every day is and also for things like esthetic, you know, aging hair helds in health joints, like staying nice and fluid, is you age arth riders, mobility, you know. Olive oil is just the gift that keeps on giving you Outzeimer's prevention brilliant.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to get my dad has Room for arthritis because when he was going through treatments, he lost a lot of weight. And the one thing I've been trying to get him to do through put On, I was like, drink olive oil. He's like, what about the I was like, it's good bus just drink it.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna tell him.
Speaker 2: Just drink it, guzzle it fat. Yeah, so that's uh.
Speaker 3: Told me that he needs to be drinking that olive oil.
Speaker 2: So I think in terms of game threat, but that's absolutely number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was.
Speaker 2: Three, wasn't it. If you have another two green tea or matcher? Yes, yeah, I mean that's a that's pushing olive oil. In terms of impact, you know, we know it kills, you know, particularly in breast cancer. You know, we know in lab tests you can put a breast cancer cell, you can drop a matcher, you know, molecule on it. You will literally see the breast cancer cell destruct. Yeah, a varying cancer cell. Have done it in brain cancer cells. It is kryptonite for cancer cells. So yeah, drinking a couple of cups of green tea a day or a shot of match of a day, it's super quick, it's super easy. It's not difficult. Again, this is playing the long game. You do it every day or most days, most years. Long term, you can see how these people get eight, nine, ten decades of life and they're not falling prey to these illnesses because they not let their body get to a place where those diseases can establish it's not it always not shocks me upsets, but that people look at people who are in their nineties and hundreds and are amazed that what they've done. It's brilliant what they've done. But it should be we should all be respecting that as our right, as our birthright, because it's there for us. We just need to line things up so that we maximize our body's ability to not fall prey to lifestyle based illnesses. So matcha and green tea and I'd come back to dark leafy greens, yesruse, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those matcha esthetic matter of trends on TikTok are right?
Speaker 2: Are the bony you mix it into olive off? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you think are some things that people don't actually realize are contributing to cancer but do like the undercover ones that people don't notice.
Speaker 2: Maybe that is known about, but I think under armed deodorants are a massive one because if you look at the if you look at the breast cancer prevalence charts and you look at it upon the mass popularization of aluminium based deodorance, they track each other almost perfectly. Could you think about under your arm pits, you've got the little the lymph networks. You've got the very dense micro vascular networks and they're delivering straight into breast tissue. Yeah, they're hormone disruptors. So I think you know, you're using pure natural, non aluminium based deodorance is key. But again, poor sleep, not sleeping properly, not exercising, not moving like this, sitting down like today. For me, it's been a shocker because I be in the car. But you can see how days can go by where you actually you're down for six, seven, eight, nine hours. Evolutionary, we're not hardwired to do that, so you know, not moving, you know, But then you could even go further and look at the things like the softer but more powerful variables like relationship quality. Yeah, feeling connection, feeling like you're part of a tribe, that someone's got your back. That's been shown to be you know, more impactful upon health and things like smoking or sentary behavior. So it's just about creating an environment around you where you're nourishing yourself, You're stimulating your You're you're from the moment you get up to the moment you go to bed. You're nourishing yourself in the fullest fullest sense of that word. Yeah, I think, and we're not often not doing that.
Speaker 3: I know, And it's not so simple. I think, of course I want to do that for my body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think chocolate bar. Yeah, I know, but it's moderation you're having that, you know, chocolate bar, as long as what you're doing the rest of the time is good. I think moving funny exactly that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do you what about microplastics? Oh like that.
Speaker 2: That's why that's why I'm such a huge advocate of saunas. Yeah, yeah, because I think again the microplastics, we've scratched the surface of what's coming in the years to come in terms of the implications of this, because you know, for particularly things like Alzheimer's Parkins's neuro degenerative diseases. Yeah, they are building in the brain and the only real way of getting them out for the most most effective ways sonering. Real pathologists say they can see in the brain of someone if they've saunered regularly or not, from the structure of the brain. So you know saunering.
Speaker 1: You know, is there specific any kind of sauna or like infrared or I.
Speaker 2: Think the jury is out around infrared and the kind of the radiation not being good but being good. Yeah, skeptical since I just used this, I mean we've got yeah, just that, Yeah, you know, three a week, twenty five minutes, eighty degrees. The evidence is absolutely clear. Wow yeah, so you know, Okay, so infrared is maybe well I haven't I haven't got hard data to support that, but I just feel common sensically, how could it be good for you? You're in this very tiny space, it's enclosed, it's high frequency. I just don't see. I just I just don't want to wait for the data to come out. I don't want to risk it.
Speaker 3: The person where that came from, you, who created.
Speaker 2: That great infrared? I know it's bad. Idea.
Speaker 1: Is there research done about women and what kind of materials that they wear linked to breast cancer or prostate cancer and the type.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, there's links with hormone disruptors. Yeah, and there's breast cancer. A society have done quite a lot of research around you know, synthetic nylons, and obviously they're on your skin. You know, our skin is very absorbi However you put on your skin, you can absorb through and the blood. It disrupts hormones. So just it's like anything, just stripping it back, just going in care, in care. It's young, these TikTok trends of these teenage girls, all these beauty products. You know, it's I dread to think what's going to come in years to come. So yeah, absolutely has to be Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So basically everyone just stay at home, green, drink.
Speaker 1: Some match, be active, be happy exactly, yeah, be happy happy, Just.
Speaker 2: Live like live fully enjoy life.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, live live in The magic for people who are listening that are supporting a loved one through cancer, is anything that you've seen that you would want them to know or do differently that you've seen people kind of make mistakes of.
Speaker 2: Just explore more, just like open up the perspective and look beyond. Just the conventional care can be life saving. But don't you know, if you put the ability of someone to thrive and survive in the hands of someone else, you've lost all control because if you put the person at the center, and so I'm going to take the best of conventional care, but I'm going to do so much else as well. You just bring that empowerment, that autonomy back in. So just expand the net, look further explore more, hope more, believe more, and then put everything in place to maximize the ability of that to actually reach fruition.
Speaker 1: This is like live less out of fear and protection and.
Speaker 3: Live more out of hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and belief, believe, positivity and a positive expectancy around me.
Speaker 3: There's more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, believe there's more. There is more.
Speaker 3: That's so true. Oh my gosh, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I'm so grateful to.
Speaker 1: Have been absolutely phenomenal. And please everybody go and check out the bug. It is available everywhere. Is there anything else you'd like to share with people where they can find you.
Speaker 2: We're on Instagram, which is Dr Sam Watt's got a website obviously, so yeah, check us out.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait to see all the incredible things that you do in the future. And they've done so many amazing things.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.