Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: It is just another brand new second Date podcast. Yep, yeah, just that came you found it.
Speaker 3: It's Broke and Jeffrey in the Morning and today. I guess it's all about like maybe stipulations. I'd say, agreements before you even go out on a date, like always good y.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would have said yes to this, but he was game. So yes, you're gonna hear her in a second. But first, commenters, what do we got Alexai?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kel said, I literally will disrupt my coworkers to let them know what happens on each episode.
Speaker 2: They know the podcast by association, only they're hearing it second hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's kind of like the cliff notes of our show.
Speaker 2: Basically. I appreciate that about her, I really do. I bet that makes their workday better. Yes, exactly, And thanks for being here.
Speaker 3: Share with all your friends and family, of course, and please subscribe.
Speaker 2: And here's a brand new podcast.
Speaker 5: Second Date Up Date. If anyone's been out on a date recently, you know how expensive it can be, not just for the food and drinks, but the blindfolds and the rubber bands.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna say parking Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Do need a place to park when before you set up all the rubber bands. I see and I cannot find one strong enough to hold my wrists down anymore.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know that.
Speaker 5: It's the tariffs. God, the tariffs on maximum strength rubber bands from Indonesia. They are through the roof right now.
Speaker 2: You try the rubber bands they put on a sparagus. Those are the fat boys.
Speaker 5: Still not strong enough, expensive, not stronger, Jeff. But that was the only place that make them stronger, and they cost so much money. I'm just I'm happy that our listener Leo figured out how to save a buck or two on his date recently, and I'm very curious how he did it. So Leo, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: It's like what we get, Hello, Leo, Are the rubber band tariffs hitting you hard to or.
Speaker 5: Did you rubber band yourself?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm still here.
Speaker 4: I'm doing all right.
Speaker 5: Okay, where you get your extra strength rubber bands from?
Speaker 1: I don't typically need to get a lot of them, Just save them from random mail.
Speaker 5: That's actually kind of smart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got I got a drawer that I got too many of them.
Speaker 5: Actually share well. At some point but hey, I know you went on a date with somebody recently. What's her name?
Speaker 1: And Marissa?
Speaker 5: Okay, where'd you meet her?
Speaker 1: We matched on Bumbo and we connected over love of dogs. You know, we have two dogs, and it's just we we can't get enough of them. I mean, if we lived in bigger places, then we probably have more than just two, you know what I mean, like.
Speaker 5: One hundred and one Dalmatians that Movieah okay, but you said in your email you were able to save some money on your date. How did you do that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So when we matched at first, she was very clear that she wanted to be friends. She didn't want to jump into anything like relationship. Here we go, she's really yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I suggested after we matched, just grabbing a coffee, but she countered with, how about we go to a flea market.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, that's how you saved me. I was gonna say, that's how you saved money on your day with the flea market discounts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was willing to spend it. It was her idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I think it's impressive that you are good with being friends first.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't do that, but that's great that I'm sort of the kind of guy that doesn't really want to jump into anything too fast myself. So I do have friends that are women, so like, if we decide that it doesn't work out, it's like, okay, well if we're at that friendship level first, and we can stay that way, and then you know, it's a positive.
Speaker 5: I love that when you're like naturally friends fertally. But what Brooke was saying too, to be like, I'm setting the tone friend zone right away. It's good that you worked with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's refreshing. I guess it's the SA.
Speaker 5: So take us to the flea market though. How did that go?
Speaker 1: It went okay, which is better than okay, which is kind of weird to me. Why I haven't heard from her since then. But before I get into that, yeah, we met up there and she looked like her pictures. Thank god, she was really really cute.
Speaker 2: I didn't want a friend that looks like somebody else.
Speaker 5: A friend thing does make it different, now, yeah, yeah, that's right. You can't really judge that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she was excited to be there too, and bargain hunt and all that, and we walked around that flea market for a good hour and a half to see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what did you get into? Like a crate of old used VHS tapes or rubber bands?
Speaker 1: Favorite y Yeah, no rubber bands, but we did see vhs. There was a station that had a lot of those.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, shocking, they're not selling so quickly.
Speaker 5: Has the machines to play them. Okay, So how was your connection with Marissa?
Speaker 1: It was good, And I know that sometimes for these things, you guys ask what we talked about. We actually talked about taxidermy, what.
Speaker 3: Friends don't to find a couple of girls?
Speaker 1: Or yeah we saw a boot for that actually third text to Durmy and uh. In fact, there was actually a fox there with a monocle on. So Marissa thought that it looks like elegance and I thought it looked straight up haunted. I was like, I would never let.
Speaker 5: That into my home.
Speaker 3: Stuff fox, Well, that sounds like a funny point of conversation one moments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was did you guys buy anything take anything home?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We each got one thing. I got a Fleetwood Mac record and she got one of those novelty aprons where it looks like there's a shirtless firefighter on the front.
Speaker 5: I like her cool. So is that is that it?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's it. We each got the one thing and then I walked her back to her place, and on the way back it was starting to get kind of chilly, so I gave her my jacket and when we got to her place, I was like, oh, yeah, you could just you can just hang on to it because I was so confident that we would meet up again, because that's how well the first date went. And now she's not answering any of my text or calls, and it's like, Hey, as much as I would like to see Marissa, I would also like my jacket back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, if you think about it, this cheap date actually costs you a lot of money if you lose that jacket.
Speaker 1: Room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, taxidermy is not cheap.
Speaker 5: Chap I could.
Speaker 1: Yeah that didn't happen, Thank god, not his house.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, how long has it been since the Flea market date?
Speaker 1: It's been about two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh, you've gone with the jacket for two weeks.
Speaker 5: That's jacket.
Speaker 3: I don't know favor if you wore it, I know, and the one he feels like he looks good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is my favorite jacket. I've got like one or two others, but they're not they're on my favorite.
Speaker 4: Ye know.
Speaker 2: Oh man, this is dire Jeffrey, I know.
Speaker 5: This is code red. We're going to reach out and call Marissa, try and get you one your jacket back, and then two possibly another meet up with her when we do your second date update coming up right after this second date update. Friends ghost each other, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean politely, Yeah, eventually you get back together.
Speaker 5: Alexis if a friend wore the same outfit as you, they're getting blackballed for Like I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm usually one of the copies my friend's OUTFA.
Speaker 5: Probably shouldn't talk to you. Yeah, yeah, just like. It just seems like if you agree to go out as friends first, then there'd be less pressure on the like hangout, you wouldn't get ditched if you're just focused on friends, You're just focused on having a good day.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's able friend.
Speaker 5: It is weird because our listener Leo has not heard from Marissa for the last two weeks after they hung out, and the worst case scenario I'm thinking of is if Leo goes back to that flea market and his jacket is up for.
Speaker 3: Sake, warned by the fox with the monocle.
Speaker 5: Oh even worse, that would not be good, Leo. Have you checked the flea market or possibly eBay for your.
Speaker 1: Jacket to be fair, No, I have not.
Speaker 2: Okay, great jacket caper.
Speaker 3: That's what she does to other jackets and then resell them on second hand storm.
Speaker 5: See. Anything is possible, especially since she is the one that recommended the flea market in the first place. But you never thought about that, Leo, No, I didn't think about that, abody.
Speaker 2: You probably won't put a lot more thought into it. Yes, it's probably the case.
Speaker 5: Why you come to the show. We're creative, creative investigators.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, like, do we bring up the jacket.
Speaker 5: And maybe after you know to Leo, she'll bring it if she says yes to a date. Is it more important that you get the jacket back or that you have another hangout and stay friends with Marissa.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest, It's more important to me that I get the jacket back because I really like that jacket.
Speaker 5: Okay, and you've only met this girl one time and she just wants to be friends with me. It's gonna really hurt her feelings when I tell her that. But you know what, that's what he wants. Let me know what, I'll hold off, hold off.
Speaker 2: I mean she might want the jacket more than him too. We don't know if possible.
Speaker 5: Let's find out. I'm going to dial her number right now. Let's see if she picks up. But here we go. Hello, Hey is this Marissa?
Speaker 4: Yes, Maria, Hey, this.
Speaker 5: Is probably the weirdest phone call you're going to get all day, unless he's like, already talk to your ex or something. But you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm wait this is the radio Yeah, but yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, we're a show. We try to help out our listeners who've hung out with somebody recently and they're not getting a call back to hang out a second time.
Speaker 4: That's weird.
Speaker 5: It's actually not weird. It's our bread and butter. Every day.
Speaker 2: A lot of people don't get calls. But it's weird for you. We get understand why that would be strange. A strange call.
Speaker 4: I've never heard this, so it's just totally so.
Speaker 5: We're trying to help out our listener that you hung out with recently named Leo.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you remember Leo.
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sorry, I'm like catching up right now. Okay, so he called you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we we spoke to him before and he told us about your hangout at the flea market.
Speaker 4: Okay, so he probably wants his jacket, I assume, so I can just like leave it outside my place.
Speaker 5: That's all your focus on is the jacket. You're not focused on him at all.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm just not really into him.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I thought that you just wanted to be friends. That's what you said, Like you're not into him even as a friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think when people start dating, the idea should be that you start as friends and then if it progresses from there, great, But I just don't really see any hope for that in this situation.
Speaker 5: After one Well, that's fair, like you're allowed to feel that way. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like if you're going to start it as friends, you've got to be more open. You've got to give it a little bit more time, because sometimes friendship in general just takes time.
Speaker 2: Like it's so bad that you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, what can I ask? Was there something like one particular thing that made you feel that way when you were hanging out with him.
Speaker 4: Overall, I can tell you this. The date itself was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was nice.
Speaker 4: He's cute, I liked him. We did have a nice time.
Speaker 2: That is not the response I thought you were going to say. I thought you were going to say like there was no sexual chemistry.
Speaker 5: Or Brooke does have a lot of sexual chemistry with all of her friends. I can understand a lot of family members too, So it kind of blurs the lines. But I mean, no, I know exactly what you mean. So for you, what was it exactly?
Speaker 4: Okay, So the date was good. It's just when I got home, he let me borrow his jacket because it got kind of chilly. And when I hung up with the jacket, this little okay, this little piece of paper fell out and I picked it up and he had made a list titled things not to say on the date with Marissa.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, wow.
Speaker 3: I know, but sometimes I do better in my head if I write things down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it depends on what things he was telling himself not to say to her. Yeah, can we know what some of the things were.
Speaker 4: There was one that said, don't talk about the X like you did with the last girl.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an important reminder that which should be number one.
Speaker 4: Right it' it's weird that it's been an issue, Like it's something you have to remind yourself not to do. I mean, that's like a red flag for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's another one.
Speaker 4: There was something that said a girl who don't like crypto chat again, like it's just another weird thing, like is he super into crypto?
Speaker 2: The like, clearly, why is that already being to crypto?
Speaker 5: This means he's potentially rich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a no not no, she is right.
Speaker 5: Every crypto bro will tell you they're rich, but not all of them are.
Speaker 3: I mean, but you don't see these things as just I don't know, thoughtful preparation before a date.
Speaker 4: I just think it's better to plan nice things than to write out things you should not do that you usually do that turns people off.
Speaker 5: Oh that, don't.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like it's a good thing to say, don't exactly because one of the things that I wrote down was don't tell Marissa that Leo was on the other line listening and wants to talk to it. Forgot, Oh was I not supposed to my god Marissa? Wa Yeah, Leo's on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 4: You're kidding, You're kidding right now.
Speaker 5: I told myself not to say that to you. I'm sorry, Leo. Are you there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 4: This is this is pretty awkward.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Know, I'm sorry, and I know I wasn't supposed to say it. So the awkwardness.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you did that. I can't believe tell me that effort.
Speaker 2: Wait, do you, Madame Jeffrey though right not Leo.
Speaker 4: I'm I don't even I'm upset. I don't know what.
Speaker 5: It was my fault. It was my fault. I'll take the blame. Leo. Talk to Marissa about what you just heard.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the good thing now is that you know all my weaknesses, you know all the bad things that I try to not do on our date.
Speaker 4: That's a positive, right, Okay. Well, you also wrote on your little list remember to tip this time you. This is all they're all red flags. The things that you're saying that you usually do and don't do this don't let her see who you are, is what this list feels like.
Speaker 1: Marissa. I don't think you were reading the note right The note actually said don't forget to tip big.
Speaker 4: No, no it didn't, and now you're just lying.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen.
Speaker 3: I mean, you've got a person here who really likes you, who's trying to be a better person.
Speaker 2: I mean, what more can you want from someone who a guy who can admit their flaws is.
Speaker 3: Nice you zeriously and actually take action to change them.
Speaker 4: I get someone who doesn't have so many red flags and issues talking about his X all the time and doesn't tip, and it is into crypto and this is so messed up.
Speaker 2: I think it's your perspective, though. I think if you looked at it the other way, they're all green flags.
Speaker 5: And I haven't heard him mention his ex girlfriend once during this entire phone from and it doesn't have his little paper in front of him who remind him not to do that.
Speaker 2: We didn't even know he had one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually I actually wrote that on the paper before I call the radio station. Actually, but I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: Oh you do have a paper right now as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like I'm being set up and I kind of want to go now.
Speaker 5: Well, Mersa, don't you feel like maybe you're being a little bit harsh and judging him a lot for like a piece of paper that you found.
Speaker 4: No, not really like this is not even like someone I want to I just don't even don't care enough.
Speaker 5: No, but you will hold onto his jacket for two weeks on the jacket? What are you doing there?
Speaker 2: She said that she'd leave it on her doorstep.
Speaker 4: I'll put it out today. No, wait, don't put it outside.
Speaker 1: Someone's gonna steal it. It's a really nice jacket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then they're gonna have all the tips about what not to do on the first stea. So Marissa, would you at least meet up with him to hand him his jacket in person.
Speaker 4: I'll put your jacket out at seven, come and get it at seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, well there's a deadline.
Speaker 1: Wow, Marissa, I'm just gonna say that you're not as nice as you were on our first date. And then it's not gonna help you make more friends if you're not this nice, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: That's that's some friendly advice.
Speaker 4: For the tip. I think I'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Oh and he tips. See look what he does. He really comes through those bullet Really is Jeffrey in the morning, man, I'm just reading the textboard after that second date, and someone actually scored each of our performances. Oh, they said, Jeff succinct, humorous, off the cuff, handsome, nine out of.
Speaker 2: Ten, no one text Alexis.
Speaker 5: Jose and Brooke combined nine out of ten. Combine though, yikes, I like it. I'm disappointed in all of you that you guys didn't try harder for that poor poor man. Alexis, do you promise to do better next time than we have a listener time? You're not even sure, Jose you in on doing better? I don't know what's going on. Three Brook, Please, will you actually try for our listeners?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Always, no wonder you guys were all rated threes. But if you want to find email us now that you've heard our enthusiasms exactly. If you can't email us if you want us to help you with your dating life, but go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts, they're up online at Brooke and Jeffrey