Speaker 1: So I got an unofficial pulling result from the Jersey Shore Graphic T shirt stores for the upcoming election. Oh yeah, we got at least seventeen Trump T shirts, including miss Me Yet with cartoon south Park Trump, Biden's great This is with Biden's face crying. Biden's greatest accomplishment is showing people how great Trump was. I am more mega now than ever we got. Let me just tally this up. Zero for the Biden Harris campaign, and we've got at least a dozen for the Hawk to a Girl howktua twenty four? There are there are HOWK tour shirts everywhere.
Speaker 2: Dude, the right loves hok to a girl? I know how they love her?
Speaker 1: They like yeah no, it's written in like the Biden vance font and it says hawk to U twenty four. Spit on that than.
Speaker 2: Wo Trump just picked her, I know actually.
Speaker 1: Would have been much a much more solid pick.
Speaker 2: And how many did you see people buy?
Speaker 3: How many purchases did you witness aside from like the iconography to be like this store is down with Trump and.
Speaker 1: There I don't see anybody buying one. I think I saw like one mega hat right on the on the boards. Yeah, and then there's like one house that is like just completely I mean not there there are Trump flags. There's yeah, you seeing a hand for of Trump flags, but there's one that's like completely trump flagged out. And then the person was like getting out of their cars and like all their gear was Trump's Trump shit. So he's here for you in Jersey, and I mean these people are like mostly Pennsylvanian people, so not good for us. Good for the hawk to a girl when she eventually like goes on tour and starts doing political rallies. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend edition of a production of iHeartRadio. Yeah, this is a podcast where you take a deep gut into American share consciousness. Miles, it's Monday Morning. It's the one where we catch people up on what was happening over the weekend, catch people up on what is happening with us and how are you doing? I am in a.
Speaker 3: Correct good I was talked out of seeing Deadpool versus Wolverine by someone. Oh really, Yeah, that was like an interesting conversation I had, or like it's fine, but it's like someone who like they're a filmmaker. They were like it just felt like the movie was created to create a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Fight scenes and not really like like a.
Speaker 3: Movie, but it's just like, hey, they just everything's in a reason to just start fucking each other up.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, well, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I mean I saw I saw Twisters to watch guys get sucked off by the sky.
Speaker 2: So I think, I don't know. I think I'm gonna have to go, but I imagine I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Go, feel like we owe it to our listeners to go and just have really washed takes on.
Speaker 3: Oh man, this wor green guy, what's his deal? I thought Jalen Rose was going to show up and he didn't.
Speaker 1: Nice fab five reference miles.
Speaker 2: Yes, I live in nineteen.
Speaker 3: I'm squarely in thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: But yeah, other than that, I've it's been. It's been nice. I've been watching the Olympics and dude, the baby fucking loves it.
Speaker 1: That's why the baby loves the Olympics.
Speaker 3: We were watching the trip jump, the women's triple jump, and the way this fool thought he could triple jump just from watching.
Speaker 2: It over and over, I thought he was hurt himself.
Speaker 1: Track and Field really surprises me every time with just like, I don't know how bizarre the actions are, like how weird, like the just like you go from one body type to you go from like giant like hulk of a person who's just really good at like spinning around and throwing fucking hammers for some reason, to like the human pogo sticks in the high jump like the women. They're like, yeah, it does. It feels like if an alien was watching the Olympics, they'd be like, oh, humans are all these Yeah, they have the tall, sprunky ones and then you've got the sick hammer throw guys. Get the dude with it, with the thick fucking boner trying to all types of human beings are predicted too damn big for the Olympics. We'll we'll get to him, but first we do like to get to know each other a little bit better by telling the people something we think is underrated, something we think is overrated. Miles, you want to kick us off with something he thinks underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated?
Speaker 3: I honestly, how quickly the Olympics like puts me into like a diet jingleism stage.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, for all.
Speaker 3: Of my misgivings about this country, it's politics. The grievances I have against how the Olympics are organized and put on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just can't help.
Speaker 3: But when it's like who runs faster across the circle around the circle, I'm like, oh, I found myself.
Speaker 1: I found myself chanting usay with my little nephews there. But I got.
Speaker 3: Come on, oh yeah, yeah, yeah that was I was kind of part of me thought. Noah Lyles looked a little bit shook like Shakari Richardson. I definitely could tell. I was like, oh, you don't look like the races I've seen you. When you win, you just she has like a look in her eye. She'd be great to get second place. But no, it's just funny how quickly like you like there's like this like uh like black Andese sprinter guy from Japan, and I'm like doing the Leonardo DiCaprio thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm like, paye, get in here.
Speaker 3: There's not only there's this guy too, and yeah, just like seeing that is like super fun. And I remember getting really like invested in the mixed four by four hundred relay where the US broke the record, shattered the Olympic and world record, like in their first heat, like qualifying heat and then lost in the gold medal race to the Netherlands because Femkabole was like this, Yeah, yeah, femkabol was running the anchor leg and just steamed them. But anyway, like it's just funny to be like I'm like them, like the whole gold Like the noises I'm making are so fucking weird and yeah, like all these I think the other part is it allows me to sort of remind myself, like what is actually good about like a country is like there are people like that. They're all kinds of different people who have all kinds of different like aims that they have, like with their athletics, and they get to act it out and like for them personally as athletes and like the purest form of competition, which is just like you know, say I'm an Olympian.
Speaker 2: Or whatever, are here to take a gold medal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so yeah, it allowed me to be like, yeah, man, there's good people in our country. I think for the most part, if I don't look into social media posts and not even that I like do that to like heal myself, but you're able to see like the positivity where like when you see someone who's like just very joyful, not even for like the US, like all athletes, you just kind of you get what it means to do it. And I became and also along with that underrated thing is how insanely jealous I become watching the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know if I've said this, good people.
Speaker 3: The reason I left politics was I was watching the twenty ten Vancouver Olympics and this like skier like one, you know, the gold medal, and like they were crying. They were so like, you know, happy for themselves, and I was like, yeah, I was like I don't have anything like this, Like I don't have a thing where like if I did it, I would cry because I did it. And then I was trying to think, I'm like, what is a thing that I could that I want to do that I want to dedicate myself to, not necessarily that it's athletics or whatever, but is there something I can give myself to like that?
Speaker 1: And that's why that horrible triple triple jumping accident.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I needed broke both my ankles real bad.
Speaker 1: I don't realize the Olympics had that much of a hold on you. That's I got there with the Noah Lyles though. That sure, sure, that fucked me all the way up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, sure.
Speaker 1: I had a Star Wars Like, watching one of the Star Wars has made me choose where I wanted to go to college. What yeah the reason? Yeah yeah, I watched the first Star Wars and there was like it was so stupid. It was like the Jedi, Like I was deciding between Georgetown and Penn and there was like something about the Jedi that I was like, that's kind of like the fucking jesuit at Twitch shown so fucking dumb. I just it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: No, but it's it's weird, how just certain little things like nudge you Like at the time, I was just total too. I hated working in polic Like I just hated it. And I was like drinking more than I ever had because I was just like trying to escape like the bleakness of it all, because I went in so idealistic and became you know, radicalized pretty quickly. And then I was like nope, nope, I want to cry going downhill. I need to find my Olympics whatever that is. And so anyway, so now when I see that too, now I'm like, ah.
Speaker 2: You lucky motherfuckers, look at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so great? All right? My underrated is how easy it is to die in the ocean. I am at my I'm on Jersey Shore, working from Jersey Shore this week. So there are these things that I think I can do just because I can imagine myself doing them. Like when I'm in the nosebleeds at a concert, I'm always like, if I got a running start and like jumped from here, I could make it all the way to the court right like I probably spraying my ankle, but like I I could do that.
Speaker 2: What's the I'm sorry, can you describe this distance again from where to where?
Speaker 1: Like if you're in a like stadium where it's like a steep like you know, have you ever had that thought? Like if I just like ran and jumped straight out like I could, I could make it. Yeah, because I keep going outward.
Speaker 2: That's where the rise versus run debates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it's definitely not true, but it's I don't I've never been in a stadium without having that thought. I had always for similar reasons, I'd always assumed I could swim in like rough ocean water like I could in a pool, you know, if I get tired, just like out on my back for a little while. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I am an experienced swimmer in pools. I am not an experienced swimmer in oceans, and but I decided to try an open water ocean swimming course yesterday with my with my brother in law, who is an experienced swimmer in the ocean. It was freezing. There was like a ton of way. Yeah. I was like, they're like, all right, just like get out past the breaks. It's cold, so you know, just like the water is going to take your breath away. By the time I like got out to the place where the course began, I was like, oh I'm going to die.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh wow, like this is how it ends.
Speaker 1: It was, Yes, it was like swimming on a fucking like inside a washing machine. It was just like could not I could. You can't stop and float on your back. In case anybody's like thinking about trying this, you can't stop and float on your back because you're just gonna get like flipped over by a wave. I did. Yeah. It was so it was so scary. It was so much worse than I could have possibly imagined.
Speaker 2: This is really just like that bro thinking you know that like exactly men have where like if we if we like, there's like this idea like.
Speaker 1: I could handle a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure in your mind you can, But does that relate to like the skills of swimming in open water? Like it makes me think of this thing that always comes up as like how half of men, like in a survey, believe they can land a plane without any training, you know what I mean, Like, just give me the headphones, tell me what flips to flap, and we're bringing this thing fucking home. And it's like so similar where I'm like, well, you know, like when I hear that, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, he's how arrogant do you have to be? But then I'm like, but how dumb are these dudes? Though? For real?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I feel like with proper instruction at the very least, like the experts are like, no, dude, no you will not.
Speaker 1: I was watching Castaway being like, why doesn't he just swim out through the waves. I don't get it. Anyways, they had people out there in case some dip chit got the idea he could do this just because he could swim laps in a pool immediately like just got to the start of the course, waved him down, held onto his board and then went back in and good for you. It was completely humiliated by the sea. Yeah, but humbled, humbled the sea. Yes, yes, exactly. It is.
Speaker 2: The season of humility, the season of humility.
Speaker 1: I am in my season of humility aka your forties.
Speaker 3: Am I right, folks, Miles thirty nine, I'm about to go hit the Pacific Ocean right now, Jack to so you you should be fine, You should be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's right, my oh bit yeah, like and make it funny, Okay, what are you doing? Overrated?
Speaker 1: Over rated?
Speaker 3: So in watching the Olympics and someone who competed at the lowest levels in high school track and field, I you know, I have a bit of insight into watching some of these athletes when they get on the starting line or prepare to do a throw or a jump attempt, I think acting like again, not acting, but the visuals of being like so in the zone, like you have an angry face. I think is a little bit overrated. And I only say that because I juxtaposed that with the Australian high jumper Nicolo Olaslauger, who again I believe your Her approach style.
Speaker 1: Is very She takes a series of boyings before doing the big boying over the high jump bar. Yeah, and she is laughing. She is having a fucking.
Speaker 3: Large She is loving every fucking second of it, which is actually I think really that's where I was like, this is so wild. Like she gets up to there like for her approach, she starts like clapping and people are like all right, yeah, yeah, like like and she starts like going really like her like lights up, and then I caught I think she was saying something like I love you Jesus.
Speaker 2: So then I started to look into her earth huge evangelical Christian. You're not gonna take that away from her.
Speaker 3: She's on that good g that good j I'm sorry yeah yeah. And anyway, so she takes her attempts and then afterwards she immediately sits down to write in a journal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and everyone was like, yo, what she's journaling.
Speaker 3: She's like this got this like happy horse girl energy, And apparently I was like reading into it.
Speaker 2: She like she writes down kind of like what her like.
Speaker 3: She rates herself on the attempt like one to ten, like it's purely like a self assessment and then she'll note like, Okay, what can be improved into the next attempt or whatever. She did not beat Yaroslava Mahuchik, who is like the fucking the goat right now, but also like had an interesting Yeah, she also had a really interesting like not interesting. She always like got in a sleeping bag after each attempt.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think just like to kind.
Speaker 3: Of keep her legs warm, which I get it was like raining the night before in pairs, But it was just like it was interesting to see someone truly embrace like the smiling, the happy, the positive as a way to inspire your most intense athletic effort, because I think we all revert to like ye like and as someone who's like really interested in the field of like positive psychology and this like kind of you know how we think of our minds, Like we always talk about the deficiencies that we can always identify, but like where are the margins to help out like on the other side of that, like the positive. So yeah, it was just cool to see old prancy smiley and like really do well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like it wasn't like a bit where I was like, all right, you're just fucking gassing yourself up and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh shit, okay, she cleared too, literally jumping for joy. Yeah, she looks like what I would be like if I suddenly had the ability to jump like that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, if I clear two meters.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. If I like suddenly like found myself in a body where I could just like fucking fly, I would be like, oh my god, because.
Speaker 3: When you watch, like I did hi jump in high school, Yeah, and I just there is I just was not like I was too inflexible to do it really well. Oh like there the approach I had the yeah yeah yeah, but like watching like the artistry of really just getting over that bar, it's it's poetry.
Speaker 1: It's poetry, true poetry emotion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My overrated is how much people want to see my phone number at CVS, Like they do the thing where the keypad, Like when I'm putting my phone number into the thing at the end to like look look up, it's like totally shielded and when you type in the numbers they appear as asterisks. Wow, which I don't know is anybody trying to like look over my shoulder to find out? Like it it feels like how ATMs should look like they have it like all boxed in. But it's to like hide your phone number so that people don't steal your identity and get more rewards points for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why we're being so secretive about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I yeah, is it? Is that a huge vulner Like do I need to.
Speaker 3: Start checking my shoulder when I punch in my CVS care rewards I give?
Speaker 1: I give so many people my phone number, like you know, a T shirt or just just like just call me please, I'm so lonely.
Speaker 2: Call me not maybe call me now please?
Speaker 1: I need it.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's odd. Yeah, now look zi gang do you know? Is like are we is that good?
Speaker 2: I'm sure reason.
Speaker 1: This makes sense, but I don't want to hear it. You know.
Speaker 3: Well, it's also because like in other places, like you go and you'll buy something in a place and like the display is so big that everybody can be like, what's your credit card number?
Speaker 1: What's that now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there definitely plays it Like on a plane if you try and buy something with your credit card and they're like, okay, read off the number to me. You're like with a bunch of.
Speaker 2: People doing the list song, let me whisper here.
Speaker 3: Four one four three two three two one.
Speaker 1: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: And I just wanted to recognize, uh, the social media hero of the weekend, Anthony Amuradi, who missed making it to the pole Vault finals after getting caught on his dick on the way over the bar. It's like a lot of rest and peace to his electric It was, I don't know, like so it was, first of all a successful.
Speaker 2: You look at this fruit.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I got some not totally.
Speaker 2: The penis that disqualified.
Speaker 1: Him, apparently it wasn't okay when you look into it, they're like he actually hit it with his shins and his near as. First, the internet was immediately like, this guy missed gold by like the girth of his dick. And that was not incorrect. That was incorrect.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's yeah, that was not right. The Internet was not right about this one.
Speaker 1: Yes, but the sprawing on his dick was on full display in a way that must have been like some consolation to him.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm I'm sure his mentions are healthy, his d ms are healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there was like an underwear company to where they're like, we want to sponsor this guy because what he got the gold medal in meat packet? What is happening here? But yeah, this was definitely like one of the I love that.
Speaker 3: Just again, the internet is like, yeah, man, the guy's dick was I remember being.
Speaker 2: Like a guy's dick was too big that he lost in the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then like I watched him, like oh no, this guy just this was way too high for him.
Speaker 2: Completely, there's no way he could have done it.
Speaker 3: But again, like you're saying because it was so graphically splongy spling.
Speaker 2: Yeah on the bar, Yeah it it.
Speaker 3: And look we're shooting in like one hundred and twenty frame per second slow motion.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they're not going to replay that one in the elementary schools on Monday, But yeah.
Speaker 1: I do wonder if this becomes because he got so much attention and like I'm assuming we'll get some sort of you know, sponsorship out of it. I do wonder if this becomes a thing that people try to do, like if you hit your knee on the thing, like okay, and now I need to like get my dick on there so that I you know, so that it looks like it was a dick based fault and not a yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. Overall, it can go so much worse. There was another pole vaulter. Did you see this one?
Speaker 2: Yes, I already know.
Speaker 1: It looked exactly like, well what I imagine would happen if I tried to do it again, I probably wouldn't even get to this point. But he like got up so that the pole was straight, but like it didn't get all the way there. He was just like stuck and then just fucking backwards shipped backwards onto the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looked like a like a like a like a Looney Tunes type cartoon where it's like the like Wiley coyote thinks he can like pull voll overthing and he gets right to like the apex like in an angular way, and it's like yeah, and then a like a light breeze like no no.
Speaker 2: No no no no no.
Speaker 1: In the movie version, he's going no no no no no no no no no no.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm trying to see if that Amaradi guy he did not. He hasn't really made a comment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't need to, you know.
Speaker 3: There's this is like it's so funny people are pointing out that a Japanese pole vaulter also got dilly whacked in the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Oh this is it's like it's like set off a bunch of listicals.
Speaker 3: Now they're like times people's junk interfered with the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Okay, just fucking go do that somewhere else.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be like a thing that they specifically talk about, right, Like they have to just like the coaching has to take that into account and be like, yo, like we talked about getting your dick out of the way, Yeah, this is what do you do? This is one of your major problems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but again it's it's never something where it was truly like by the by the just girth of his genitals, that was the difference between a metal or not.
Speaker 1: Certainly looked that way. Apparently not all right. There was a story over the weekend that at dumb Phones or you know, old Nokia bricks are their sales are shooting up and the top like private school, which they call public school because apparently, like when they started calling it that, the like public school was what you did if you weren't rich. Enough to like have a personal tutor. So anyway, it's like the number one boarding school in England is Eaten and they are banning smartphones for their incoming class of first years and giving them all Nokia bricks instead, which I feel like that will be pretty influential. Like that's the way to get something started with parents, you know, is like this top school in England is doing it.
Speaker 3: Well they're doing it, then maybe our kids shouldn't have a thirteen inch iPad in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the Brian the editor T nine baby, the T nine typing. I was sick with the T nine typing. But yeah, I think that's that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Like that was my secret.
Speaker 3: The reason I'm so smart is because when I entered high school I had a pager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I was distracted.
Speaker 3: I was playing Drug Wars or Mafia on my t I eighty two TI eighty two.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that? T I eighty two, not eighty three, not eighty four, eighty two.
Speaker 3: That's I've dated myself. Those are the games we played. That's like all you did.
Speaker 1: I read some articles with people who are like I tried to do like using Nokia for a week and here's my report, and the texting is really what seems to fuck people up is you know, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember trying like ABC, like I remember like just running. That's how I typed in my head. But that's what was great about ten nine. Anyway, that's a whole other thing that was mostly on Sony Erickson phones at the time. But that's my that's my cell phone nerd credit.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: My prediction is this is going to be like more and more of a thing like that. It's like that a big school like this doing it is going to be influential with like a certain type of parent and also it just like as a parent who like doesn't want their kid to get addicted to fucking screens like right, that it makes a lot of sense to me.
Speaker 3: The closest is my niece got like an Apple like whatever, the lowest tier Apple watches just to be like, well, look, if we need to hit you up, like we get to you, and if you need to hit us up, you can get to us. But like you're not able to do much else with an Apple Watch. That feels like the that feels like the pager was like how I think kids in the nineties were like how about a pager so when you need to.
Speaker 2: Come home, you have a little being on your.
Speaker 3: Belt buckle or whatever, on your fucking pocket or on your hat like I would wear it sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to get access.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think we're also like at peak technology like that, you know, like where there's a ton of people who are like, I'm actually overwhelmed with the amount of shit the phone.
Speaker 1: Does, and yeah, it's time to take a step back.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, and it feels.
Speaker 1: Like it's probably healthy. Like I've just seen too many kids, like you know, just hunched over their phones like with you know, with their family and just like completely in their own world like slack jaw, looking like they've like been their brain has been taken offline. You know.
Speaker 2: Sure, even we do it.
Speaker 3: Like that's the other thing too, I'm like thinking of what I'm modeling to like my kid. Yeah, when he's like, oh, this motherfucker's on his phone again, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh shit, no, I'm not. Hey, I'm engaged.
Speaker 3: Man, here tell me that tell me that ball there like low key like looking at it to catch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, just get But I'm.
Speaker 1: Smacked in the face with the ball every time because.
Speaker 2: Look, it up yours, that's me. I should have looked up. I should have looked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, another place that going backwards, We're staying with some friends who have a like old school. It was like a pac Man video game that but it has like all the all the old games. So it had like nineteen forty three and like Sureva and yeah yeah, all those different games. And I felt weirdly okay about letting my eight year old just like fuck with that for you know, an hour at a time, because obviously he was even if he got addicted to it, he's not taking it with us. And also I just feel like they didn't they didn't have the brain chemicals like locked in enough to the point that, you know, the way they do now where they're like every sound, every color has been perfectly engineered to release forty five percent more dopamine your child.
Speaker 2: No, you get eight bit digital fun. Yeah we're not going up to sixteen bits, no, but at eight and play with those pixels.
Speaker 1: Can get used to playing Snake on his Nokia.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's take one more quick break and we'll come back and talk about Trump's increasingly detailed plans to overthrow the election and other crazy shit. We'll be right back and we're back. We're back, and we're back, and we are back. So Trump had a rally in Atlanta, which, among other things, one of one of the things that he did in that speech that kind of carried on a story that we've been paying attention to on the show is he called out specific election officials who are like part of the Georgia State Election Board and was like, we've so apparently this board is now three for five mega people, and these are people who are involved in the certification of the election. And it feels like increasingly it seems pretty clear at this point that this is the this is their ace in the hole that they seem to think they have and keep like kind of obliquely referencing.
Speaker 2: Mass certification refusals. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically every place that he every state that he doesn't win, they are going to claim voter fraud and put it in the courts where you know, they They've had some victories as of late that people have been surprised by, and maybe it's time to stop being surprised by it. But yeah, this Rolling Stone article, so Donald Trump boasted about MAGA supporters taking over Georgia's state election board part of his team's efforts to corrupt future elections. I don't know if you've heard, but the Georgia State Election Board is in a very positive way. They're on fire. They're doing a great job, Trump said at the rally, and then he went on to actually name the three Maga Republicans that are dominating the five person board, which is I don't know, and he was like, they're pit bulls fighting for honesty, transparency, and victory.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it. I love a pit bull who was on the right side of things. Good, good, good, good good people.
Speaker 1: Who are described as pit bulls are always good and circumspect and have justice in mind.
Speaker 3: It seems like, yeah, I think again, this is just like we were talking about, I think last week or the week before, and another Rolling Stone report of just about the increasing nature of these like just fucking freaks, like I said, who've been huffing election interference disinformation for years, who are essentially in these very very sensitive positions that at the very least will delay the certification of the election, like a lot of people like legally they have no standing to be able to be like no, because it's more of like a sarahmon like you're like, and I say, it is now certified.
Speaker 2: You're not there to be.
Speaker 3: Like no, these are rendered useless, which is what they're trying to do in these positions. But yeah, it is that again when you're someone like Donald Trump whose entire existence is on the line if you don't win, I only I only expect some of the most underhanded shit to be happening, like even you know, him attacking other Republicans like he was doing it Georgia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's like he went after Brian Kemp, Like Brian Kemp is you know, by all political logic, somebody that he would want to be bringing closer as he's in Georgia, a state that he's worried about winning. Brian Kemp is like hugely popular, the hugely popular governor of Georgia. And he just called him a bad guy, a disloyal guy, and a very average governor, Governor Little Brian, and then also started talking like it's not it's so transparent what he's doing. He also like was talking shit about Brad Raffensberger, who was the guy on the other end of the phone when Trump demanded that they find eleven seven hundred and eighty votes and who like wouldn't wouldn't do him that favor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and now he knows, He's like, well, the problem was those guys won't do me favor. So now the people that I need the favor from have to be people that I know will do my favor, and he can't be independent. And I wonder if you know, like I mean, I think, yeah, Kemp is definitely popular with like Republicans.
Speaker 2: Otherwise you know, it's he up your down.
Speaker 3: But I think I wonder though, too, if some of these Republican governors they know that if they really are trying, like I know, obviously, like in the race for power, you don't like someone like Donald Trump who takes up all the oxygen so and it hampers your ability to move upward. That if they're like, no, man, like, I'm not gonna fucking help you, dude, like it. If it's meant for this thing to end for you, then that's what's going to happen. And that's actually a good thing for me and my own political goals.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the seventy pro Trump freaks sprinkled throughout different counties in the nation does not make me feel good, because yeah, they's it's in the uncertainty where a lot of these conspiracy theories end up taking hold, and then you.
Speaker 2: Ramp it up to something like another January six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they or like something more successful than January six. It seems like they're actually a little bit more well prepared this time. And it's not just like.
Speaker 2: We'll have guns outwardly that we carry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just it's not really isn't a question he's trying to rig the election. He's trying basically, as we know, his playbook is always do the thing that he's accusing the other side of, So rig the election. You know, all the complaints about like vote counters being in the bag for Biden and like throwing out ballots. I'm sure that is what he is wanting done on his behalf. And so it does like a story that we'll have to try and start covering see if there is a story there is, like what the Democratic Party is doing. It feels like it would be a dereliction of duty if the Democratic Party wasn't like hair on fire trying to like just smash through some sort of election laws to ensure that the person with the most votes actually like won the state. But no, that does feel it feel like the sort of thing that I don't know, I'm used to seeing the Democrats kind of about being unfair after the fact rather than doing the thing to head it off before it happens. And so they.
Speaker 3: Had time and then they're just like, let's move on to something else.
Speaker 2: But yeah, where, yeah, how much that turns around to bite the entire country and its ass is to be determined anyway. It's only August fifth, so take your time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. The Democratic election lawyer named Mark Elios told Rolling Stone, I think we are going to see mass refusals to certify the election. Everything we are seeing about this election is that the other side is more organized, more ruthless, and more prepared. And the thing they're more prepared to do is straight up subvert democracy in the country.
Speaker 2: No, it's making sure we win.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's how high they're committed to truth and victory.
Speaker 2: And I'm a pitbull.
Speaker 1: Dot it Yes, honesty, transparency and victory. All right. The other person on the ticket besides Kamala Harris is RFK and I wasn't fully aware of this mystery, but apparently did you see this story over the weekend?
Speaker 2: Dude, I saw the video where he's telling Roseanne, right, did you watch that?
Speaker 3: No, he was trying to get ahead of this story, bike posting a video of him explaining this to Roseanne, who equally Roseanne even looks like, bro, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Rocky?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Sounds like a bad dream, like the thing that he's describing. Yeah, it's so weird. So there was apparently a big mystery ten years ago where a bear cub was found dead in Central Park with a bike on top of it, and the medical report was like, it was hit by a car. However, there are not bears in Central Park, So like, what is this like some weird ocult ritual? Like what the house lost? It's happening. So the context of RFK bringing this up is that there is a New Yorker article coming out where they've been doing an investigation into this, and he's like, okay, so it was me, and what of it? They were like, wait, what what do you mean?
Speaker 2: It was you crazy? The mystery bear story ended up being like.
Speaker 1: All right, it was our FK be there, Junior like yeah, uh so his explanation just doesn't make any sense, Like nobody is acting in a way that makes any sense unless you assume everyone involved is absolutely just ship faced.
Speaker 3: Just just hearing him talk about it, he sounds like a kid who's getting in trouble and this is him trying to get ahead of a story. But his his arms are like crossed in front of him, and he's like, well, you know, I don't know if like somebody else, just like just listen to this is the story of how the bear got to Central.
Speaker 4: Park and the woman in a van in front of me hit a bear and killed it, a young bear.
Speaker 2: So I roseanne.
Speaker 4: A, you okay, And I picked up the bear and put him in the back of my van because I was going to skin the bear and it was very good condition, and I was going to put the meat my refrigerator.
Speaker 3: And he said so then, and so obviously I had to pick up the bear because it was in great condition. Yeah, And I'm going to skin the bear, and I'm going to put the and I'm going to use the meat.
Speaker 1: Baby bear meat in my refrigerator because you know, how, you know, how is that good? Is baby bear? Ze? Gang? I mean, so maybe bear meat good eating?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is bear meat.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know people eat bear meat, but how often are you really like, yo, let's eat some fucking bear meat.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so he goes on, go on, Robert, you can do.
Speaker 4: That in the or to say, you can get a bear attag for a killed bear. And so then we went hawking, and I had a bear in my car. And then oh, we had a really good day and we went late. We were catching a lot of game and the people really loved it. So we said, and instead of going back to my home in Westchester, I go right to the city because there was a dinner. Peter Lugers teak.
Speaker 3: He sounds like a deposition, you know what I mean. And then we were we were hawking. We were doing some hawk ship.
Speaker 1: So that hawking is not is unrelated to it is. Yeah, I know. We looked deep into the smiles three three hours deep into this. No, it's actually he he engages in falconry. Yes, yes, And they were having with birds. It was it was a great day of hawking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they stayed.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think I can't continue to listen to him, but you can look.
Speaker 2: You get the vibe of what he's explained. So they had to.
Speaker 1: Run to dinner at Peter Luger, like as one does after a long after a long day of hawking, with a fucking decomposing bear in the fucking back of your car. So Peter Luger's miles, You're never gonna believe this. Dinner at Peter Lugers also went longer than expected, at which point I had to catch a flight, and he's like, oh no, there's a bear decomposing. Guys, You're never gonna believe this. There's a bear decomposing in the back of my car.
Speaker 3: And I had it in a good condition because I'm going to skin it and then I'm going to eat and I'll put the meat in the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just so you know, that's why it's there.
Speaker 1: But then he's he's really like, we've all been there, dead bear in the back of the car. You're in the middle of New York City. Not enough time to skin and eat, said bear. He also has a broken bike in his car at the time. How big is this fucking car? Like, why is he just driving It's yeah, so it feels like he's driving a fucking like like junk.
Speaker 2: Old junk like my grandpa used to have, or like workship.
Speaker 1: Yeah so he and he's like, I didn't drink at the time, but the people I was with were drunk. Then me decided to make some sort of like fucked up live action political cartoon because cars keep hitting bikers in Central Park, so we are going to stage this to look like the bear got killed by a bike, is what they thought they were doing. It was like my friends, who you know, there might have been some drinking. They thought it was a good idea.
Speaker 3: Oh great, So your decision making skills are let's need the decision making process to the drunk fucks if you're not drunk, right, yeah you're not, so you're not drunk. You know, these motherfuckers are three sheets to the wind or whatever that phrase is. And you are now saying, well, and they had a pretty good idea, ditch the carcass and again, like you said, let's make it. Let's make a political statement about pedestrian or bicyclists versus cars.
Speaker 1: Like none of this fucking makes any sense. Also, the person who originally wrote the article in the New York Times, tho was like, it has been discovered that the bear was hit by a car, although it wasn't like nothing to see here, folks necessarily like it was about the mystery and like how weird it was. But that person was JFK's granddaughter. His niece wrote the original article, So wow, I know these are never you know, caught up in conspiracies, but this maybe maybe this is their first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen any other ones. But not a good one to start off on. Kennedy family, not a good one to start off on. I wasn't drinking, of course, and that's fine, but you look, you look more like in like a fucking person with terrible decision making skills, and you're like, then you're like, what the drunk guys thought, let's just dump this fucking thing in Central Park?
Speaker 1: Yeah? His his campaign. The main things that have crossed over that he has a brain a worm that ate like a big part of his brain that's responsible for decision making, and then just a bonker story about how he tried to skin and eat a baby bear and like couldn't find the time and so like dumped it in Central Park, creating like an international mystery.
Speaker 2: Making off collar dog eating jokes. That's the other thing that came out. Yeah, and also.
Speaker 1: Claiming that he did eat dog before, so nailing it. Yeah, And finally back to the Olympics. At the end of last week, in the women women's boxing event, there was a transphobic panic over the Algerian boxer Iman Khalif, and it was yeah, it was it really like broke through to uh the Wall Street Journal and people who read the Wall Street Journal, but yeah, it was really everywhere.
Speaker 3: Her crime was hitting her Italian opponent too hard that the opponent gave up, and then beginning like and then in the interview was sort of casting spurs, like you know, like whatever their condition they're in, like it's not for me to decide if it's right for them to compete, And people are like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 3: And again this led to this just immediate freaky right wing, right wing outrage.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: JK.
Speaker 3: Rowling was obviously like leading the charge and kept saying all kinds of horrific shit and like this led her uh Khalif, and also a Taiwanese boxer who was also they're like this person also failed a gender eligibility test.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this was again this is the the The controversy comes around a test that was administered by the IBA, which was like a boxing organization that was banished from Olympic boxing prior to the Tokyo Games.
Speaker 3: These two women had competed without incident to all of this, and guess what they also took L's like they were getting beat by other CIS women. So it's not like something where they're like, you know, the kinds of memes and fucked up shit they were like trying to do is act like you know, it's like this this man is just stepping into the ring and then like just outright assaulting women and under the guise of competitive boxing.
Speaker 2: But again, a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people are casting doubt over the legitimacy of the IBA as they have like like a lot of weird ties to Russia, and Khalif's gender eligibility was first questioned after she beat a Russian boxer, and the IB like when they asked, like, what is the test that you even administered?
Speaker 2: What was the methodology you used.
Speaker 3: Because they're like, there was are there we've detected x Y chromosomes. Again, a medical experts, A lot of the people who were like at the forefront of helping debunk this and other people who were like much more informed on this thing and the nuance of sex chromosomes or like yeah, there's a there's a number of conditions where like assis woman could have them and and and vice versa, like with men having high Like.
Speaker 2: This is this is fucking stupid.
Speaker 3: So the IBA like they were also like we're not going to tell you how we got this result or what the test was.
Speaker 2: So everyone was like what the fuck.
Speaker 3: Is this for because a lot of issues like the you know, Calif's next opponent was like reposting like memes about how like she was about to fight like some fucking demon or some shit. The Italian boxer apologized for even like kicking this whole thing off rightly. But the other thing I was like also just kind of odd to it was like Jake k Rowling. When she was like posting this stuff, people were like looking at her profile picture and they're like, it looks like you have black mold like crawling up your walls.
Speaker 1: Like are really fucking where are you.
Speaker 3: She didn't comment on it, but it felt like the comments were enough that she definitely saw it and like immediately like her profile picture changed, So the moldy walls in question are not there, and part of me is like, yeah, you would be some sloppy person who like doesn't address a black mold, Like you're some wealthy freak who's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Have black mold everywhere and I fire off on hate.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I think it's It's also a lot of people were also pointing out that in Algeria, where amon Klief is from, it's illegal to be openly trans or to like transition, so like this outrage could actually like have serious like implications for her in Algeria, although it doesn't seem like that's the case.
Speaker 2: But yeah, again.
Speaker 1: Again she's not trans, but just you're saying like the rumors that are being.
Speaker 3: And swirl around and just make this into a fucking nothing burger buffet. It's just like yeah, and this is and this was again, this was what many people, like activists around the beginning of like this like weird gender police, and they're like it's going to boomerang around for actual CIS women Like it's that like you start questioning shit like that. It's honestly, it makes me feel like eventually they're gonna be like, well, black people need to be in their own sprinting category, right because like, yeah, you have their swimmers with like webbed feet?
Speaker 2: Are there other just variations in the human body that you look at and it just feels like this is just a very slippery slope to then be like, well, these are the pure humans, these are the mutants, and blah blah blah blah blah. Yeah, it's just danger shit.
Speaker 1: They want to make it a story where it's this new woke mind virus is like making it seem normal, but this is not normal, Like there have been controversies like this all throughout the history of the Olympics, Like, yeah, many years into the past, and it just wasn't immediately weaponized by fucking you know, right wing people on the internet and fucking JK. Rowling for whatever whatever weird problem she has. Yeah, but beyond black mold, because that do we know, like what does black mold cause? People? Like, does it cause like weird paranoid Not.
Speaker 2: It would, but no, I was looking it up.
Speaker 3: It's mostly like respiratory issues, Like is the worst thing about black mold? But again I think it maybe it's more indicative of where someone's at to like look at like black like black mold creeping up your walls.
Speaker 2: And you're like, oh my walls are doing something fun.
Speaker 1: My walls are doing the same thing. The inside of my soul is always doing. It's interesting taking over the you can see them too. That was just because everything I see just for me. But anyway goes full gollum on the world. Anyways, Yeah, it seems like this is going to continue to be made into a story, but like the actual story for all intensive purposes is, you know, the IOC has made their decision. It's the same decision as every organizing body except the IBA, and the IBA was doing it under weird circumstances without with like undisclosed medical tests, Like they're like, we're not going to tell honestly, we're not going to tell why we're disqualifying them. We just are and that's okay.
Speaker 3: So like arbitrary like opaque decision making process that you won't share.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And again like even the IOC, like you're saying, it's like these like these women have been competing, like there's no issue.
Speaker 2: There's literally no issue here, like.
Speaker 3: Except for yeah, you get the one of the most famous transphobes on Twitter and have someone and also have it happen on a place like Twitter, where right, now misinformation is running rampant, like where you can even see how it's you know, like in the in the aftermath of the mass stabbing that happened in England, how some weird ass Russian misinformation news site got shared around. And now you have people that are like attacking places that are housing asylum seekers under the guise of like this, this Muslim person attacked these kids and that wasn't even the case.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and Elon Musk is already.
Speaker 3: Like sharing a bunch of weird shit too, like of his own, like weird deep bake nonsense. So yeah, there's just there. We're starting to see just in every way, how how delicate, like all these situations are, especially with people's information diets, that it can either turn into just an out just a completely unjustified outrage mob, or like or manifesting in real life in physical space, like with violence like we're seeing in other places. So yeah, Twitter, yeah, yeah, please stay safe and tell you tell your tell your misinformed friends and family who maybe being.
Speaker 2: Like what did you think about the boxer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell them about this, because I feel like this has become a lot of people are very we're being very uncritical and like hearing this story and then immediately being like, man, that's crazy that there's like they're letting a man compete in the boxing category.
Speaker 2: That is not what has happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, those are some of the things that we're trending over the weekend and on this Monday morning. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacist and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,