Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Episode one ninety eight, What's Right with Nick Right?
Speaker 3: In?
Speaker 2: This episode of What's Right is brought to you by the McDonald's App. I love the McDonald's app. You guys know why. For McK delivery. I love it because it's perfect for any situation. It's pouring rain, or as it is in New York right now, light snow, and you don't want to go out to get your delicious mcdouble mc delivery. Let's say your team's playing and you don't want to miss a single second McDelivery. Or let's say it's been a long day. What better way to fix it than getting a delicious quarter bounded with cheese and a large fry delivered right to your door with McDelivery. I loved order McDelivery when I'm watching a game or spending time with my family. And now every time you order McDelivery in the McDonald's app, it earns you points towards free food. And who doesn't like free food? So there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Downald of the McDonald's app. Today, I'm participating McDonald's Delivery. Prices may be higher than at restaurants delivery and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's. All right, apologies for not being here on Tuesday. We had a last minute trip to Los Angeles. The whole show did to speak at the Fox Sports town Hall, which was an awesome event. I'm really glad I ended up going, and then everyone a lot of other people flew out right after the show. I couldn't because I had something to do with Colin Cowherd for Has Heard for the Holidays special, and then right after that the Prince was playing, and my goodness was that almost a traumatic experience watching the Prince. It looked like break his leg, but turns out he's okay. So I didn't get back to New York till about lanted at JFK, like around nine thirty in the morning on Tuesday. So there's no way to do the show. But man, oh man, do we have a lot to catch you up on. First, let's get to what missed the cut in today's show. Not in today's show is the thing I just mentioned, the Prince suffering a high ankle sprain, Luca dropping a forty point triple double, and Times Person of the Year Taylor Swift saying football is awesome. What is in the show today is, of course Demanse Demonse. Great to see you. This was one of the good things about going to Los Angeles. You and I got some good quality time together hung out on Sunday watching football. We'll discuss those circumstances in a moment. Went to a nice early dinner on Monday. The West Coast time throws me off me and I was like tired every day. Look, it was four thirty in the afternoon. Is very confusing, but we had a very nice early dinner. Got to see you in your work environment on the Fox lot. So that was all great and I hope you had a good time. I again, we'll.
Speaker 3: Talk about the.
Speaker 2: The Sunday football watching in a moment, but this this week here is a pretty wild If you'd have told I know, this is kind of cliche, like if you'd have told twenty year old me this, it'd be hard to believe. But Demanse and I on Sunday watched the football game, the Chiefs Packers game at Lil Wayne's house. As he's a diehard Packer fan. I'm a diehard Chiefs fan. Demanse Addley is a die easy as Jacoby would say, Ravens fan, but he was, you know, so he was able to be somewhat neutral in it. And now tomorrow I leave town to go to Atlantis in the Bahamas to play in the World Series of Poker and to do some things with the good people at the WSOP and I am playing in I am taking my shot, as Mike mcdee would say, uh, And I'm going to play in the fifty thousand dollars high Roller tournament down there where I am a massive underdog, where it will be you know, fifty to sixty of the best poker players in the world ten to twenty just wealthy businessmen and me where I fill into neither category. I aspire to be both one day. Actually, as it happens, I aspire one day be a wealthy businessman, and I aspire one day to be one of the fifty or sixty best poker players in the world. But demon's a what. So when I was in college there, I can't tell you how many times I would be sitting in my dorm room playing. At the time it was Poker Stars thirty dollars, sitting go while listening to Go DJ by Lil Wayne. So the fact that within a seven day time span I will have watched a Chiefs Packers game at his house along with you. And by the way, and I know we're gonna talk about it more in a moment. But Demanse, to his credit, played it very cool, Demonse, not starstruck, not instagramming. I actually was the one that suggested, Hey, before we leave, why don't we take a picture. Demanse kept it together far better than I think most would have in that environment. But the fact that we got to do that, and now tomorrow I go play alongside Daniel mcgranu and Will Helm. You probably won't play in this one, but Jason Kuhne and Josh Aria and the best poker player at Maria Ho I'm sure is in a shout out to Maria Ho, my friend who just finished third in a field of almost two thousand people probably should have won the tournament, got a little unlucky at the end for a nice two hundred thousand dollars pay day on a fifteen hundred dollars by in. I sweated her action all night last night watching her play. She did great. But it's really cool and I'm really excited, and I don't know if the audience cares or is interested in that. I hope they are, but I just, you know, we can't really. I can't peel back the layer of my personal life on the TV show the way I can on the pod. So there's a little update on everything before we get to Chiefs Packers demanse. Let's get to the game coming up this week and go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, So Buffalo heads to Kansas City and a must win game. Yep, I don't know who it's a more must win game for between Kansas City and Buffalo, probably Buffalo because of the math. But are you worried at all about Mahomes losing this game?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, here's the thing. Let's talk about it from the Chiefs angle, then we'll do the Bills angle. This is because if the Chiefs had taken care of business against Green Bay, they would have a game to play with, because I do not believe Miami or Baltimore is going to run the table, and in fact, it's impossible for them both to run the table as they play each other later in the year, So one of them is guaranteed a loss, and I think with Baltimore having Rams, Jags, Niners, Dolphins, Steelers, I think they probably probably have two losses left in them, but definitely one. And Miami's got Titans, Jets, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills. I think they probably let me put it like this, the team that loses the Miami Baltimore head to head I think is gonna lose at least twice. The team that wins it probably only loses one more time. And so had the Chiefs won the Packers game, they would be able to lose one more the rest of the way and almost still assuredly be the one seed, home field and the bye because they lost that Packers game. In order to really have a great chance at the bye, they probably have to run the table, not definitely, but probably have to run the table. And for people skeptical of the Chiefs chances of that, I understand. But after the Bills game, it's Patriots, Raiders, Bengals, Chargers, so they should be in. I mean, the Patriots are the worst team in the league. The Raiders beaten the Chiefs once in Mahomes career, the Bengals know Joe Burrow, and then the Chargers in Week eighteen already eliminated would be my guess. That's a very, very runnable slate. But it starts with, as Demons mentioned, a desperate Buffalo team and Josh Allen, who at Arrowhead has shot fireballs out his eyes the last couple of years. Even in the playoff loss, he was excellent. And so from a Chief's perspective, if they look lethargic or sloppy or disjointed, it's not because, oh, they overlooked this team. It's not because, oh, you know what, I mean, the game didn't matter that much. It's because, right now there's real issues and so now, of course, and on the flip side, there are some real structural advantages for Buffalo in this game. Buffalo is off a by not only the Chiefs not off a bye. They played Sunday night and got the crap kicked out of them. I don't mean from a score perspective. I mean from an injuries perspective. I mean there were a lot of Chiefs players. You know, one guy got carted off, another guy got a concussion, there were a lot. You know, Isaiah Pacheco showed up on the injury report yesterday, didn't practice dealing with a shoulder. So there's a lot of wear and tear. So it is not, i an easy spot for Kansas City. And if they win, then I think we will look at this last five weeks of going two and three as people somewhat overreacting to, you know, a bit of a slump. If they lose, I'll be on here Tuesday and I'll be telling you that the Chiefs it's hard to say in trouble because of the context of the rest of the conference. Trevor is hurt, Burrow is out for the year. Even with a win, the Bills are an underdog to even make the playoffs. The Steelers are on their backup quarterback, the Browns are on their third string quarterback. There is a lot of upheaval within the conference. So I would still think the Chiefs would have a more than a good chance to end up coming out on the other side and playing in their second straight so Super Bowl and their fourth in the last fifty five years. But it won't be because the team, you know, has no issues. Now to the Bills side of things, and this is where I think the beginning of this game, demands is hyper critical and the Bills have started slowly. That's been one of their issues. Everybody is recognizing the Bills are coming off of bye and McDermot six and oh off a buye, and historically teams coming off of buye are hard to be got it, especially good teams. I'm not certain how good the buye was for Buffalo from a psychological perspective because of where it came. It came right after another devastating defeat where it felt like they should have won. They found a way to lose to Philly. It would be you know, a couple weeks removed from them inventing a way to lose against Denver and if your Buffalo again. We're removed from it now, but just pretty recently, your star receiver's brother was openly tweeting about how your star receiver needs to get out of there, and how your quarterback wasn't that good till he got there, and the Chiefs, over the course of the year, no team in the league has done better against number one receivers than the Chiefs. Lugerious need Trent McDuffie what they've been able to do against those guys. So there is a scenario where the Chiefs, who even in their struggles, have done pretty well on their opening drives. The Chiefs get out to a nice, you know, ten nothing lead, and Buffalo Josh Allen starts to press a bit, Digs is yelling at people on the sideline, and all of a sudden, we have real potential issue there because this is a team that is desperate and does know that they have to probably run the table. Josh Allen said it yesterday. These are all playoff games for us now, so there would be something extra satisfying Demanse about the Chiefs ending their slump by ending the Bills season. But This is not an easy matchup or an easy opponent, and the one and a half point spread indicates that, all right, what else you got here?
Speaker 3: So? How was it watching that? We're going back to Luwayne right now?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: My question is how sweet? How is it feeling to, you know, be a diehard Chiese fan going up against l Wayne who's a diehard Green Bay Packers fan and lose the game. Well, well in his house.
Speaker 2: So Demonse, tell the audience the story that you relayed to me on the ride home, about what I said when I walked in the room, because it was Wayne and three of his buddies about because it was the the four o'clock games were had just started when we got there, so there was the obviously the Eagles Niners game, and the other games, the Panthers Bucks game and the other games going on. Tell them what I said, and then well, just you, it's your story. You tell me.
Speaker 3: So as soon as as soon as he walks in, he goes, uh, kind of ask anybody, you know, if you've got any sweat in this game or money on the game. I don't want to, you know, aggressively root against you if you've got anything on it because that'd be rude. And uh, yeah, you know he Eagles.
Speaker 2: Niners, Yeah and so and one of the guys said he was he had bet the Niners. Uh but he was like, but you do whatever you want. I was like, no, and I was rooting for the Eagles in that spot because I had picked them. But I kind of you know what I mean, aside from trying to sweat Demons's teaser, which once again was dead in the water, we basically kept quiet. Sorry, pal, I had I couldn't resist, all right, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I mean that whole thing happened. He's stuck by to Bye to buy it. And then the Packers Kansas City game came on, and I kind of just did. I wasn't really thinking about what you said, like technically, but uh but yeah, cheese Packers came on and they were ruining their asses off. Man. They did not care about who screaming screaming.
Speaker 2: And so but it was I mean, it was a somewhat surreal experience just being there. And the craziest part was, and I'll let you have the floor here was happened before the game?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the the commercial he obviously had like an ad read vo whatever you want to call it before the game, and I think he kind of had a setting in his house to where like it turned up louder at that moment. But it was just really crazy being in being in his house with him while that commercial played, and like that was like one of my favorite Lil Wayne songs, Like the instrumental was the right above its song, and it was just a really dope experience, Like that was the one the one thing that's just like really stuck out to me. And in the morning when I woke up, I still couldn't believe that it happened. It was a really crazy moment, man, Yeah, like one of the greatest rappers of all time.
Speaker 2: With By the way, the setup so in his living room is a giant television that you can split into four games or just one TV. There's so like to the right of the picture of Demons and Wayne, and then on the right hand side was a five level what would be for most people bookshelf, like you know, one of those hanging from the wall bookshelves, but there are no books on it. Instead, it was not exaggerating, right, seventy five I mean I don't know, I mean one of the rows. One shelf itself had twenty, so I think at least seventy different big time trophies. It was like a row just be et awards, a row of Soul Train Awards along with MTV Awards, a row where the Grammys were the centerpiece, and then on the wall were all these platinum records and plaques. I mean it was And I'm gonna say one other thing that was such a and Demonday's right. He did the voiceover for the It wasn't a commercial so much as it was the game intro and so he does like a poem to introduce the game. And he's such a good guy man. I text him Saturday, because again this was the last minute trip. I'm like, hey, I'm coming into town. I just realized it's Chiefs Packers. Like obviously I knew that, but I hadn't been thinking about it. That's your team and my team. What are you doing for the game? And he instantly hit me back and he was like, well, I did the intro for the game. I think they want me to come out for the game, but I'm gonna tell them I can't because my man Nixon Town, which I don't know how like honest, like if that's the real reason he didn't go, but that's what he said. And so then and then he hit me up first thing Sunday morning, was like, when are you coming over the game? And I told him, uh, you were coming. He said, great because you had actually oddly met him at the lot on Friday to like crazy timing of it because he was coming on the lot for Undisputed. But when you get into his house, he has a real I think thirty foot Christmas tree, not quite the Rockefeller Center tree, but like it's you know, little brother in his foyer, just perfectly adorned. And I was just looking at the house and I'm like, how did that get in the house? Like I did the how did it physically fit inside? Like get it in the doorway? And so during one of the commercial breaks, I said to him, I'm like, hey, that's a real tree. Huh. He's like, oh yeah. I'm like how do they get that in here? And he's like, oh, I have no idea? Like what do you mean? He's like, man, all that stuff happens when I'm not here. He's like, I just come home and it's all set up perfectly. He's like people take care of that. I'm like, ah, what a life like that is? That is the perfect way to be rich and famous. The perfect way is just like super nice stuff, all handled by someone else. And I show up and it's like, oh, it's Christmas time in my house. I just I just I looked at that. I was like, ah, you really have it figured out, man, And it was the No, it.
Speaker 3: Was Christmas tree in and out of the house, Christmas you kidding?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I think it's a I thought I was happy when a year into living here, I was able to find out that I could pay a guy forty bucks to deliver to like bring it up the steps for us. Wayne just shows up at home and all of a sudden he's got the Rockefeller Center tree in his living room. It's believable. And also it was and I'm not trying to be too corny here, and we'll get back to sports. It was absolutely thrilling for me that you and I got to share that moment together. Now, your your sister, Diora will never forgive you for it, never forgive you for it, She was, I mean, and so whatever she does, she said, she's had different life experiences. That's true. All right, next Demons.
Speaker 3: All right, so eagle Stock has hidden all time low. Everybody's really low on them after getting smacked by the Niners me as well, and while your Cowboys are riding an all time high with Dak Priscott. Uh. Did the Niners lay out the blueprint for Dallas to beat Philly?
Speaker 2: No? I I don't think so. Following the Niners blueprints very very difficult. You need superstars all across the field. That's a hard blueprint to follow. From a personnel perspective, I don't think. Pardon me, The Niners annihilated Philly schematically more than other teams have. They just what the Niners. Listen, Phillies' defense is not good. They have a good pass rush and that's where it ends. And so of all the top flight teams, Phillies defense, to me is the worst unit, you know what I mean? Like Dallas offense defense, San Francisco offense defense, Philly offense defense, Baltimore offense defense, Kansa City offense defense like right now, the second worst unit is probably the Kansas City offense. But the Kansity offense has Mahomes and Reids, so you figure it'll get better. The Eagles defense. I mean, they're out here signing Shaq Leonard, who the once upon a time was good but was great, but the Colts cut because he can't move anymore. So I don't think it's so much that the Niners lay a blueprint. I think it's that the Niners had the personnel to pick the defense apart the way a lot of teams have, and then had the defense of ability to hold the Eagles in check. It looks like you want to say something.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, demanse, Oh no, I mean, I'm just now seeing that Cadell doesn't like the Toushbush any But it's a follow up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well yeah, so we'll get to that in a minute. I saw your eyes light up for a moment. But the so, I don't think the Niners laid a blueprint because people don't have that personnel. I do think that Philly's in a rough spot right now because they have not been winning pretty. They have been winning ugly and winning close games. And you know, that was what the Vikings did last year and nobody believed them rightfully, so right the Eagles because they went to the Super Bowl last season, because everyone has such respect for Jalen because they have this kind of institutional belief they're they've been getting a I don't want to say a pass because they have the best record in football, but it has been as simple as they know how to win well. If your brand is you know how to win, can't lose two straight and I think they're losing this weekend. Dak Prescott since Siriani became the Eagles head coach in twenty twenty one, here's what Dak Prescott has done against Philly. First game twenty one of twenty six, two hundred and thirty eight yards, three touchdowns, no picks a one to forty three rating. Next game twenty one of twenty seven, two hundred and ninety five yards, five touchdowns, five touchdowns, no picks a one to fifty fifty two rating, Next game twenty seven to thirty five, three hundred and forty seven yards, three touchdowns, one pick a one to twenty four rating. And the game this year that they lost twenty nine to forty one, three hundred and seventy four yards, three touchdowns, no picks a one to fifteen rating. I mean that is he has picked a part this Eagles defense over the last three years, and so I think Dallas at home this year they beat the Giants by twenty, the Patriots by thirty five, the Rams by twenty three, the Giants by thirty two, the Commanders by thirty five, and Seattle by just six. The Cowboys at home this year have scored thirty thirty eight, forty three, forty nine, forty five, forty one. I think is a rough spot for Philadelphia. Man, and there are a lot of downstream effects for the if the Cowboys win this game, and so Demons, before we get to the Godel thing, ask the first follow up for me, how badly.
Speaker 3: The Eagles need to win here to save the one seed from San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's the So that's the thing if Dallas wins or loses. If they lose, they're guaranteed to be the five seed. If they win, they're still probably the five seed because in order for them to win the division over Philidel, they need Dallas needs to win this game, go undefeated the rest of the way, and Dallas the rest of the way, by the way, has I know they have the Lions, I know they have the Dolphins, and they have one other I think somewhat tough game, Oh the Bills, they go after Philly, they go at the Bills at the Dolphins home for the Lions at the Commanders. So for Dallas to beat Philly for the division, they have to win this game and go undefeated, and Philly has to lose one more. And Philly's next four are after Dallas at Seattle tough ish and then Giants Cardinals, Giants, So even win or lose, Dallas is probably the five seed. Philly, on the other hand, while a loss will not cost them the division, a loss at least temporarily and maybe for the rest of the year could cost them the one seat because now that the Niners have the better head to head record, if the Niners run the table, if they the then Philly is the two seed with a win or maybe the three I'm not sure the tiebreak with Detroit. So it is a critical spot for Philly. Now. The Niners still have to play the Seahawks this week, they play the Ravens in two weeks, and they finished with the Rams and what could be a desperate Rams team along with being at the Cardinals at the Commanders, so it's not like the Niners are guaranteed to run the table. But yeah, it'd be a very big swing for Philadelphia and it's why they need to win this game, but I don't think they will. All right, next, now you can get to the tush push thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Goodell doesn't like the toush push. It seems like he has plans on banning it. So yeah, you can go ahead and gloat as well.
Speaker 2: Listen, classic category two opinion eventually unambiguously correct. And if you read the report, which Demands evidently didn't, because this was breaking news to him right now in real time. The full the report was demons that it's not about player safety. You know why Goodell doesn't like it.
Speaker 3: It's because it's ugly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And everybody got all mad at your buddy Nick, right, We're like, oh, that's ridiculous. Well, and I said, guys, yes, you're yelling into the void. Whether I'm whether this is morally or in fairness, correct, right or wrong, doesn't matter. What I know is the NFL is the world's most popular television show. And if the guy in charge of a TV show looks at it and it's like, hmm, what you know, we have thirty two cities that watch this show. There's a character on it that thirty one of the city's hate and one of them loves. Well, we're probably gonna eliminate that character, and especially if I can couch it behind some other reasoning. It was always going away. What's that?
Speaker 3: All right? So you know how everybody's been on Jalen hurts head. You know, he's all handsome, he's perfect, he's got demons. I'm going to expose him. Uh So the last sush push that Jalen Hurts did, he just kind of like walked into the end zone like he he scored. You remember, he just walked in. I think Cadell's like, hey, dude, like you got to cut that out. Man, that's dead, just walking into the end zone looking on pretty and sorry.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, okay, all right, this maybe workshop that opinion a little more and then, but I think there was there's a kernel to it. I think you onto the potentially Yeah, I think we could have workshopped that a bit more. What I do think is that here's the one thing I'm afraid of as someone who believes his team's going to go to the Super Bowl and potentially play the Eagles. I think it is on the board that the Eagles could tush, push, brotherly shove whatever, more off and more effectively. I think it is on the board that if they really had to, they could get two to three yards from this play almost every time, and they haven't been doing that because they don't want it banned. If it comes down that it's getting banned either way next season, then you could see an all brotherly shoved drive. You could see them be like, you know what, let's just try this. Let's just all we need is to get two to three yards every time, go for it on fourth downs. You certainly here's what I really do believe. I think they could get it, get a two point conversion on it, which is two yards out eighty percent of the time, which means they should be doing it on the two point conversion eighty percent of the time, or they should be doing it every time. They can get eighty percent, they can double the points. But yeah, I mean, we all knew this was going away. All right, Let's go to party, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of future and VP East party is at the top of the MVP race. You're obviously not too high on this or on that, and it wouldn't be the first time, you said the same thing about Jokic when he won his back to back MVPs. So how would Brock? How would how would Rock party if he ended up getting this MVP? How would this stack up historically against the other MVPs? Would this look stupid?
Speaker 2: I mean, it'd be an embarrassment, But it's not the Jokic thing. So here's the deal. At no point was anyone, including me, questioning, is NIKOI Jokic the best Nugget. At no point was there an argument made that other guys on the Nuggets were more valuable or better at what they did than Jokic. The argument was very clear. Is Jokic the fifth or sixth the best player in the league like I thought? Or the best player in the league like a lot of other people thought, And they were correct, and I was wrong on that. That is so entirely different than an MVP. For a guy who everyone acknowledges is not the best player on his team, is not do is not the I mean, you can say valuable, you can say every team's quarterback is the most valuable guy. But a team a player who by any historical metric other than the raw stats, that's what he has going in his favor, the raw numbers are elite. Any type of deeper level analysis works against him, and people think I am picking on brock Party argue.
Speaker 3: Isn't your argument always just the raw numbers? Though, like with Lebron, like back in the day, I feel like the stats highest amount of points assists rebounds raw numbers. But like now it's this other guy, brock Party. If the raw numbers aren't a big deal, it's oh, he's got superstars with him.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a number, so a few things. One is, of course, the numbers matter to a degree in any of these arguments, right, that's first of all. But second of all, I do hope everyone heard what you did, which other people have done, which we now have compared brock Party within ninety seconds to Nikola Jokic and Lebron James. And yet I'm the hater because I'm like, let's pump the breaks a bit, guys, Let's just pump the breaks a bit and have a real conversation here. What is so intriguing to me is everyone is doing to Tua what I'm doing to Party. I'm just doing it to both of them. You seem Tua's raw numbers tell the last two years. You can even make a stronger argument for Tua because that team fell apart when he wasn't there, while the Niners were rolling people in the final four games after they got Christian McCaffrey, before Brock took over with Jimmy Freakin Garoppola. But yet with Tua, everyone's like, Okay, he's fine, Tyreek is amazing, the system is great, and the numbers are inflated. I there is I did this the other day, and I don't think people actually disagree with me. I did it off the air, actually, but I'll do it on the air here. Which is if and people can say this is unfair or this isn't the point it is to me at least in part, so everyone can have their own takes on things. But if right now the league disbanded and everyone was starting a team and we said, okay, you everyone must take a quarterback first, how many of the current quarterbacks you don't know what the rest of your team's going to look like. Your first piece is your quarterback. How many of the other quarterbacks in football would go off the board before Brock. Now that doesn't mean all these guys are having better seasons than you. That But let's just do this thought exercise. Okay, So I'll go through a few Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen, Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Is the is the contract incorporate?
Speaker 2: Nope, we don't have to worry about the contract. I'm just talking about the player's ability. Justin Herbert, I'm oh CJ. Stroud obviously obvious. Kyler Kyler is uh a question. But for me, I would I would take Kyler with his warts over brock Party. I would take well, brock Party is not exactly a strapping man. I mean, brock Purty is a little bit bigger than Kyler. He's not He's not prototypical size. This is where, and now, this is where people will say I've gone too far. If you were again asking me, uh, you get this guy, you don't know what the rest of your team's gonna look like. I would take Anthony Richardson because of the upside of it. Now, we've only seen him play a handful of games. But I people can say that's crazy. I'm telling you this right now. The Indianapolis Colts who drafted him fourth overall on draft Day, would not have traded the fourth overall pick for brock Party. I guarantee you that. So that's eleven guys I already mentioned, and I didn't even get to Matt Stafford Kirk Cousins to uh uh? Is there anyone else obvious that I the I know some people these days are caping for Russ, but that's it. So we all, I think, in large part, agree with that. We also all agree that the Niners have the best collection of offensive talent in the league. We also all agree that we have seen this team function at a super high level with a mediocre at best quarterback in Jimmy Garoppolo. So all of that is to say this, we probably shouldn't give him the league's MVP award. Is he better than I thought? Maybe? Is he overachieving? Definitely? Is he doing what Kyle Shanahan wanted him to do? Sure? Does that mean you should be the league's MVP? Of course not. And do we think And folks, by the way, folks try to hit me with the trump card, they think of, oh, well, what did you what did you think of Kurt Warner when he won an MVP in ninety nine, fresh off being a grocery bagger, And you know what I thought, it's a bad MVP award. Sorry, guys, you know Kurt Warner's good player, better than Brock Party. But why do I think that RAMS team was unbelievable? Do I think it had more do with Marshall fulk Tory Hold, Isaac Bruce, Orlando Pace the other like you know, hall of famers on the team that were already established Hall of Fame caliber players. Yeah, I do, so I'm at least consistent with it. I'm yet to find someone that is making the Brock Party it has to be MVP argument. If you feel that way, then to a tongue of I Loo will better be a close second for me. Neither one's in my top five because neither one's the most valuable player on their own offense, let alone in the entire league.
Speaker 3: All right, last, all right, Well, the end season tournament semi finals tip off tonight in Vaas and you got your Lakers taken on the Pelicans and the Pacers are gonna be playing the Bucks. So which type of team do you give the edge two? In these in season tournament types of things. Do you give it to the more veteran style teams or the more like young and hungry rookies.
Speaker 2: Well, I think there is something to be said if the veteran teams weren't taking it seriously, that you would like the younger teams or the money means more to them, and that type of thing. But I don't think that's the case here. The Lakers are a very veteran team. They are undefeated in D season tournament play, They've been playing their best basketball in the N season tournament games. And the Bucks, I think, who are very veteran team, are using this as like a playoff dry run, which, by the way, I know they scored one forty and that's great, But if that's what that defense is gonna look like in the playoffs, that's a problem for the Bucks. I think the Bucks are gonna lose tonight. I think Tyrese Halliburton is gonna have a combined fifty five points and assists tonight. I think he's gonna put up a forty to fifteen on this Milwaukee defense. I think the Lakers are gonna roll the Pelicans and we're gonna get a Lakers Pacers final. Even though a Lakers Bucks final would be the the most kind of you know, marquee for the league. My biggest takeaway from the first nd Season Tournament quarterfinal, the Lakers one was this, that was the first time we've seen Lebron James fully healthy in a playoff environment since the finals, and shockingly a few weeks before he turns thirty nine as the oldest guy in the league. On the court with Booker kd Anthony Davis, Lebron was the best guy once again because Lebron in the year they were defending the title had the ankle injury that had knocked him out for two months right before the playoffs, and last year was hobbled by the broken foot and you you know, couldn't really cut, only do it in bursts, short bursts. The other night, we saw fully functional Lebron ad in a playoff environment, and all of a sudden, he's back to scoring fifteen points in the fourth court and taking over the game. Here's one other bonus take on the nd Season Tournament. There is nothing the Lebron haters, if you will, would like more than for him to make the nd Season Tournament final and lose it for the for the Jordan acolytes. The nd season tournament means absolutely nothing. It's a fake trophy. It doesn't matter. It's a Mickey Mouse type of thing, unless and of course Lebron loses in the finals, in which case they will call it a finals loss for him. Quick break right back what's right? But before we go to break, this episode of what's Right is brought to by the McDonald's app. I love the McDonald's app for McDelivery. It's perfect for any situation. Let's say it's pouring rain or freezing cold, as it is right now New York. You don't want to go out to get your mcdouble McDelivery. Let's say your team's playing you don't want to miss a single second McDelivery. Let's say it's been a long day. What better way to fix it than getting a quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry delivered right to your door. I love to order McDelivery and I'm watching a game or hanging out with my family. And now every time you order McDelivery in the McDonald's app, it earns you points towards free food, and everybody loves free food, So there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Download the McDonald's app today. At participating McDonald's delivery, prices may be higher than at restaurants delivery and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's all Right, Demons, And also a reminder for everybody out there, Uh, put your questions or bets or questions whatever you want in the chat. So there was one other before we get to last week's gambling picks. There was one other silver lining to watching the football game in LA. Whether it was at Wayne's house or not, it would have been a silver lining. It probably saved me demands a few thousand dollars watching the Chiefs game in California, because I I was very confident they were gonna find a way to win that game. And there were various times they were, you know, two and a half point favorites, then two and a half point dogs, then five point dogs, And if I were in New York, I would have been able to open my whole gambling app and just fire, fire fire, and I reflexively was trying to do it, but I was in California where the apps don't work, and so I was as I'm watching, getting angrier and angrier because I'm like, man, the Chiefs are gonna come back. This is gonna cost me so much. But I ended up getting off scott free. Unfortunately, my picks cannot say the same. And this was our worst week of the year. We can show it to you. It was bad on all accounts. Started off well with Houston laying three and a half against Denver, and then from there it did not go great. A little bad luck but mostly bad picks. Tampa against Carolina, I laid five, Tampa won by three. I happen to think I deserved to push there. They were up five and Carolina got a two point conversion. That was a little frustrating. Tennessee plus one and a half against Indy. That game went to freaking overtime. Tennessee kicked a field goal, the Colts rolled down the field and score a touchdown. I lose. So those two are a little unlucky. The other two are just a disaster. Philly plus three against against San Francisco that's a disaster. And King City minus six at Green Bay. That's a disaster. However, I'm looking at the graphics. These graphics are wrong. It says, my season record is thirty thirty three and one, which on its face is wrong because that's not divisible by five. You guys left out my one win because last week I was thirty twenty nine and one. So whoever's in charge of graphics, I'm going to just blame Daniel did not add the win as I earned it. I am thirty one, thirty three and one, sir, one hundred percent Daniel's fault. I knew it. Guys always trying to short change me. Ever since I questioned the Nuggets continuity in the offseason, he's still not over it. So I'm two games below five hundred. What made it worse, de monsay is I gave out my own can't miss teaser and both teams lost outright. I gave out the Chiefs Jag six point teaser. The Chiefs down to a pick them they lost by eight, the Jags down to minus two and a half. They lost by three. That was very upsetting and disappointing, But we turn the page, we move forward, and we get to this week's picks. Two games below five hundred, so four and one, I'll be back above five hundred for the year. The elusive five and zero and I'll be a couple games over five hundred three games over, Actually, Demons, what's the first one?
Speaker 3: First? When you got Rams at Baltimore, Rams plus seven and a half at Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Brother Okay, so Rams plus seven and a half at Baltimore. This is one of those things that you hear about all the time about, oh, the West Coast team going east and that is difficult for them to win, But that almost has been baked too much into these point spreads, where over the last four years, West Coast teams going east are fifty one and thirty three against the spread. Now, what is not good about this is hardball coming off of bye, and what is not good about this is the Rams. The way to get after the Rams is to have legit pass rush to be able to get to Stafford because the Rams do not have a great offensive line and the Ravens this year, their defensive front has been as good as anybody in football. But the seven and a half for a Rams team that's been playing well. Look at the Rams losses this year by seven to the Niners, by three to the Bengals, by nine to the Eagles, and again that wouldn't have covered the seven and a half, but it's that's nine points by seven to the Steelers. And then they got blown out and annihilated by the Cowboys. And they got beat soundly by the Packers. But that was a game where the Rams defense bowed up. They didn't get blown out because of the defense. Their offense just couldn't move the football. Remember, I picked the Cowboys to annihilate the Rams because I think the Rams could block them. I think the Rams offense right now is a little better and this I could see this being a one score game in the fourth quarter. But even if it's not, the Ravens have not been good at just stepping on teams throats. They let the Chargers right back in that game. Obviously, they have three losses this year where they let the other teams come from way behind to win. The Rams plus seven and a half is a spot where at plus six and a half, I wouldn't take them plus seven and a half. I just think that line's a touch too big. McVeigh understands that the Rams right now are positioned well for the playoffs. They're gonna be up for this game. I like the Rams plus seven and a half at Baltimore next.
Speaker 3: Houston minus three and a half at the Jets.
Speaker 2: Okay, so all the trends go against this. Stroud hasn't done well against the spread as a favorite. Road favorites coming off a long home stretch are like twenty six and forty four against the spread the last twenty years. The Jets are on a long losing streak, which those teams tend to cover. I understand all the trends have this is a flatley square bet, but the fact of the matter is this the Jets demandsa here's a fun one for you. They've played twelve games, right, the Jets have how many offensive touchdowns do you think they have for the season? Just give it a guess. Well, that's too low. You're bad at this game. Ten ten offensive touchdowns? Five you five? You saying five makes ten? That not have the impact? Just so you know, that's less than one a game. The whole team has ten offensive touchdowns on the year. The Jets are going back to Zach Wilson after he begged to never have to play football again and then lie about it. In my opinion at the press conference, I thought that was shameful. Aaron Rodgers wanting them to a Mission impossible style mole hunt. Robert Sala is staring at after last year finishing the year on a six game losing streak, potentially finishing this year on a ten game losing streak. It's all bad with the Jets. And while I understand the Texans lost Tank Dell due to injury last week and that's gonna hurt them, I believe in CJ. Stroud. I believe this Jets defense has had its sole sapped by the Jets offense. The Texans, on the other hand, while they haven't been blowing teams out, they've won four or five with the only loss coming against the Prince. I think that this is a twenty four to six type of win for Houston, going to New York, getting back in the playoff picture, getting to eight and five. I like that this is purely a fading Zach Wilson and Robert Sala coach quarterback combo. I like the Jets plus five. I'm sorry that Texans minus three and a half next.
Speaker 3: Seattle plus ten and a half at San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Okay, so San Francis Demonse hates this demand is afraid of the Niners and the Niners blow people out, There's no doubt about it. And the Niners have had massive success this year and last year, including the playoff game against Seattle. Is let me what I'm talking about there is I think they have blown Seattle out. How many games in a row that they've played have they blown Seattle out? I'm gonna tell.
Speaker 3: You right in the conference championship last year.
Speaker 2: Well, the divisional round, you screwed me. I screwed myself up. The wild card round they blew them out in because they Niners blew out Seattle and then beat Dallas and then lost to Philly. But this year they lost thirty one to three. Two weeks ago did Seattle in the wild card round the Niners won forty one to twenty three. Earlier in the year they beat them twenty seven to seven, and then later in the year they beat them just by eight twenty one to thirteen. And so there has not been a lot of success for Seattle. In fact, there's been none against San Francisco the last couple of years. But ten and a half points is too many points given the fact that the Niners are off. In my opinion, the wild emotional high of blowing out Philadelphia. It is just they are. There is no chance that the Niners are giving this game the attention they gave the Eagles game when that was for the one seed. Potentially that was for revenge, to make it clear that they had gotten screwed in the NFC title game last year. For all those reasons, the Niners, I think this is an obvious, deep breath, foot off the gas, you know, kind of overlook an opponent, especially because they just so thoroughly dominated Seattle in their last matchup, and Seattle is full on desperate. Seattle went from six and three to six and six, and after the Niners they have Philly, So if they're gonna have any type of fight in them, they need to show up early in this game. I do not think Seattle wins, but this does feel to me like a potential twenty four to seventeen type of Niners win, and for that reason, I'll take Seattle plus the points. Next.
Speaker 3: Did you already say that parties eight and two against the spread at home?
Speaker 2: I did not. They listen, they blow people out, and the Niners are sixteen and four against the spread at home in their last twenty games. But the flip side of that is Pete Carroll fifty five forty as a home underdog Gino twenty one and fifteen against spread coming off a loss. Just ten and a half points is too many points for a divisional game where one team just got a massive win and the other team is desperate.
Speaker 3: Next Vegas plus three versus Minnesota.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is one where I look at the Raiders, because of the coaching change, and because I think they like and believe in Antonio Pierce, are going to have really made good use of the bye. I think Minnesota. Now, listen, both of these teams are coming off of bye, but the Raiders are. If they are going to have any chance at staying alive for the playoffs, they have to win this week and then Thursday at home against the Chargers. The Vikings are a good story and a well coached team, but I don't think I think the Vikings are substantially enough better than the Raiders for the Vikings to be laying points in Vegas. This to me is a line that should be Las Vegas minus a point and a half, and instead it's Las Vegas instead of being even plus a point and a half, Las Vegas getting a full three points. That's too many for Josh Dobbs on the road, especially after we just saw him play the worst game he's ever played. The Raiders plus three points is just clearly to me the sharp side of this, and I will take the home team. They are equivalent talent teams. They're both coming off a bye, and I'm getting a full three points with the home team. That's where I'm going. And Peter Deeb says, if you're betting on Vikings Raiders you have a gambling problem. Well, listen, you go where the value is. You can't have you can't have any favorite sons or daughters in this, all right?
Speaker 3: Next demanse Kansas City minus one and a half versus Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Kansaity wins. It's the when it's only a point and a half spread, you don't have to do much analysis. Who do you think is gonna win? I understand there's a scenario where they win twenty eight to twenty seven and don't cover, but I think this is a disrespectful line. I understand the Chiefs are in a five week slump. The Bills have been in the twelve week slump. And the fact that the Chiefs are getting less than the full three. The Chiefs were bigger favorites at home against Philly than against Buffalo. Once again, Vegas can not quit the Bills. They just cannot quit the Bills. And Josh, this is not a playoff game technically, but it kind of is. And in people's mind's eye, Josh Allen is this legendary postseason performer. He actually isn't. He has played eight career playoff games. Three of them he has been a fire breathing dragon, two of them he's been mediocre, and three of them he's been downright bad. It's almost like even his playoff career is a bit of a roller coaster. So I think the Bills the week off is helpful for them from a physical perspective. From a mental perspective, I don't know that it was because that team was in such disarray. I do think that, uh. I mean when I say that Vegas can't quit the Bills. The Bills are one in seven against the spread in their last eight games, and Mahomes is twenty seven and one against the spread when it's less than when it's three points or less. And so for all these reasons. I think Kansas City wins. I think Cansidy ens Buffalo season. I like Kansaity laying the point and a half. So we can give you our recap of the picks. Recap for the picks this week is the Rams plus seven and a half at Baltimore, Houston minus three and a half of the Jets, Seattle getting ten and a half at San Francisco, Las Vegas getting three against Minnesota at home, and Kansas City laying one and a half at home against Buffalo. Now to the saddest segment on sports podcasting, Demonse's teaser recap. Demonse, how's it going, Pal?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't say it's sad, but what's.
Speaker 2: It's not happy? I mean it's not, I tell you, but go ahead. Sorry.
Speaker 3: We went on last week's teaser. Arizona plus thirteen obviously was kind.
Speaker 2: Of that was good? They won out right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, Lilly plus three and a half, the one that I kind of got bullied into changing on air. That one failed badly.
Speaker 2: Oh you're right, City plus you did have Detroit plus three and that one one, So I did bully you out of a winner for a loser. That is true. Fortunately for me it didn't cost you the bet because you also had the Chiefs. Yeah, this is a tough one. Are you getting back on the horse this week? Or are you giving it up? No?
Speaker 3: I mean I'm not gonna give it up. I feel like you know. Okay, we got four games, four weeks left, five weeks, so it's just.
Speaker 2: My Yeah, thereabouts five weeks left. Okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this week's teaser, we're calling this the line value teaser. It's the three teams six and a half point teaser. I'm gonna tease to the zero on one of these just so you know. But this is These are the highest sides I think they've been all season. This is plus one thirty. I think the highest ever been is like plus one ten maybe. So first, we're teasing Detroit up to plus three and a half. That's through the zero at Chicago.
Speaker 2: Chicago. Detroit from a three point favorite to getting three and a half. Okay.
Speaker 3: Next, yes, I call this one. Don't trust Seattle scared of San Francisco minus four? First see it. We're teasing San Francisco minus four versus Seattle. And then we're teasing Philadelphia up to plus ten at Dallas.
Speaker 2: All Right, so listen the I'm proud of you for not, like all of a sudden, just abandoning Philly because they screwed you on a teaser last week. That's at least good process. And I don't think Dallas is gonna blow them out, so uh, that one worries me a little, but not that much. I the San Francisco one, you're not getting a ton of key numbers. You're teasing them down to minus four. You obviously would rather be teasing them down to minus three, but I I don't hate it.
Speaker 3: And if you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna tease through a Z, if you're gonna tease through a zero, at least you are getting the plus three and a half. At this point, I'm just rooting for your pal. So let's just give you a solid B. My teaser grades a B on this. I uh, I don't think I think broken.
Speaker 3: Like coach coach. You know, coach you want the coach to keep BARKANATCHI because he believes in you. When he stops barkinatch is when it's a lost cause and we're Keleoly there.
Speaker 2: I think we're there, That is true. I think we are there. Unfortunately, all right, don't forget to send in your guys questions to the chat before we do that. What's the offer this week? Demans? The offer for.
Speaker 3: Week fourteen, We're gonna call this Nick's Favorites. We got Chiefs minus one and a half at the bill or versus the Bills and the Lakers to win the nd season tournament at plus five point fifty.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it. Yeah, we'll do that. Lakers to beat the Pelicans, and then I think the Pacers and the Chiefs to beat the Bills by at least two points. Yep, I accept that offer. I'm taking that offer all right. Before we go to break, This episode of What's Right is brought to you by the McDonald's app. I love the McDonald's app, particularly for mc delivery. I love it because it's so easy in any situation. It's pouring rain, or it's freezing cold, you don't want to go out to go get a mcdouble McDelivery, your team's playing you don't want to miss a second McDelivery, or it's been a long day. What better way to fix it? Thann get in a delicious double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry, delivered right to your door. I love to order McDelivery when I'm watching a game or spending time with my family. And now every time you order McDelivery in the McDonald's app, and it earns you points towards free food. And everyone loves free food, so there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Donald the McDonald's app Today, at participating McDonald's delivery, prices may be higher than at restaurants delivery and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's. All right, demons, let's get to the chat questions. Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Big Smith asked, what do you think about the college football playoff selections?
Speaker 2: All right, so I expand on this a lot. In you be able to see it on Big Fox on Sunday and the Colin Coward's heard for the holiday special. But I think Florida State, what happened to them is abhorrent. I do not think that the best overmost deserving is a fair standard when we are Maybe you could argue it's a fair standard if you are in the most of possible extreme situations, but you were not in this spot. Alabama needed a fourth and thirty one to escape a mediocre Auburn team two weeks ago, and you're elevating them in place of a Florida State team. Yes, I understand Florida State's offense has been awful since Jordan Travis went down, but it's a complete team. They just beat a top twenty Louisville team based on the strength of their defense. They're an undefeated Power five school that had a tough non conference schedule, And as soon as you open the door to leaving them out, why not put in Ohio State over Washington. I think Ohio State would be a favorite over Washington if we're doing it by Vegas standards. Ohio State's one loss is on the road by less than a touchdown against the number one team in the nation, and so if the results on the field don't matter, I just think it's wrong. So I think they got it. I personally think they screwed it up all right.
Speaker 3: Next, asps Nick, what do you think about the Pacers in their historic offensive run? Do you think they will continue to go on this run and carry it to the playoffs? How many rounds can they win?
Speaker 2: I think they'll win a round. They could maybe win two rounds. Halliburton is unbelievable, and what they're doing there is really impressive. I don't. Yeah, I know it's such a bad form, but I mean, he's an unbelievable players. I don't think they're a real championship contender right now, but they are ahead of schedule, all right.
Speaker 3: Next Daniel Christissek asked, should heyone on a defense on a defense be getting MVP consideration?
Speaker 2: I thought Miles Garrett should have been the leading candidate a couple of weeks ago, but now is had a couple of straight quiet games, he got injured, he's dealing with his shoulder injury, and the Browns haven't been quite as good. So right now, probably not. Who were you? You said, Bland, No, I mean the pick sixes are fun, but he's not the most valuable player on his own team, so he's not gonna be the most valuable player in the league certainly.
Speaker 3: Next, Bazinga three h nine asked, question, do you think that the Bucks offense is so good with Giannis and Dame that it will outweigh the defensive woes in the postseason?
Speaker 2: No? Not right now. I don't. I think that defense is real trouble and may before the year, I thought the offense would be able to overcome. And I know they just hung one forty something on the Knicks, but I think the Bucks right now look very shaky, and i'd be it's early. You think they're the third best team behind the Celtics and Sixers. Yeah, it's I mean there's right now, there's a strong argument for that for sure, all right.
Speaker 3: Last one, Zacharyatter asked, Nick, will your World Series of Poker Atlantis be on TV or streamed anywhere? Would love to see you what's win some money?
Speaker 2: So listen. I just checked the streaming schedule, and right now the tournament I'm in, the fifty K high Roller is not set to be streamed, but sometimes those things change. They'll certainly be updates, and I will try to update as much as I can on my Instagram, maybe on Twitter as well. I'm not certain there's other big tournaments going on during that tournament that I think is part of the streaming schedule. But I'll tell you this much, if I go on a deep run, I think that might they might put it. They might stream that sucker. You've got some you know, non pro that also is like has some profile outside of poker. If I'm going on a deep run against these wizards, then maybe it gets streamed. But listen, I'm thrilled to be there. Appreciate the ticket to paradise. I got right here and I leave in the morning, so everybody wish me luck. All right, one more time? This episode of What's Right is brought to you by the McDonald's app. You guys know, I love the McDonald's app for McDelivery. It's perfect for any situation. It's pouring rain or it's freezing cold like it is today in New York. You don't want to leave your house boom MC delivery. Let's say your team's playing you don't want to miss a single second MC delivery. Say it's been a long day. What better way to fix that than getting a delicious quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry delivered right to your door. I personally love to order McDelivery when I'm either hanging out with my family or watching a game, or maybe doing both. And now every time you order mc delivery the McDonald's app, it earns you points to work. It's free food, and everybody likes free food, so there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Downald the McDonald's app today. At participate McDonald's delivery prices may be higher than at restaurants. Delivery and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's See you guys next week. Hey, it's Nick right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commutes, drives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out, Appreciate show.
Speaker 3: Yes,